Speaker 1: Thank you Jack Fox, Thank you Jack Fox. Lazy summer weekend. I don't think so, folks. It started with a bombing slash fire at a Linden hotel. Leonard Pitchford, thirty seven, an interesting fella. He is now in jail with a two hundred thousand dollars cash bond, allegedly built some sort of homemade bomb and waited for the folks, I guess, to come up to the room and try to get into the room, which caused the explosion and fire. That's how we started the weekend. At twelve thirty on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Was there a manifesto saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I haven't read that far, but some of his old neighbors have said, he's an interesting fella.
Speaker 2: And you said when he got into court he started admitting no, it may smile on his face.
Speaker 1: He was at us guilty. It was almost like he was singing it. He was like, guilty, guilty, guilty, I did it, which is refreshing from criminals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still even with we had a little a judge will say, you know what, you almost killed hundreds of people. You're gonna have to serve at least six days.
Speaker 1: Well, I go carry wait three days for if somebody's got mental issues and all that.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: Again, they want to do it the right thing and give make it fair for everybody. So everyone was like, no, you can't, don't, don't admit that right now. Well let's let's go through the process first. But it's all part of the system. And of course the bombing of Iran by our be our stealth bombers, crazy crazy video of the bombs that they used to get to these bunkers because they are three hundred feet below the surface, but they did not survive. It was a very surgical strike. If you're going to bomb another country, this is the way you do it. Nobody's shot back as far as I understand, there were no casualties on the Iranian side, and all of our planes got back without a scratch, which is good deal. And that's a long fight. It was the second longest bomber flight for the depth.
Speaker 2: Wasn't something like thirty two hours.
Speaker 1: And I don't think it was thirty two. I think the record was thirty two and this one was under that, but it was a long time. They refueled obviously in the air, but flew from Missouri.
Speaker 2: To Iran and back back. Wow.
Speaker 1: And they flew these stealths obviously a bunch of them the other way.
Speaker 2: For misdirection, for misdirection. Wow.
Speaker 1: And the President, I believe, on purpose, had said two days before that we're gonna give him some time to get an answer here, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 2: I think he said. He gave his answer within the next two weeks, around fourth of July.
Speaker 1: And then the Dwight curse happened last night to the Indiana Pacers. So if anybody out there, this Indiana Pacers fan blame Dwight Witten for the loss in the championship game, Game seven against the Thunder last night. So John, blame your partner here.
Speaker 3: It's because you talked about it so much.
Speaker 2: Here's what exactly was it. I can't recause because we got nicknames for each other. What's up?
Speaker 3: What do you think his name?
Speaker 2: What's the Indiana coaches? The coaches?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the coach's name is Rick Carlisle, Rick Carlo.
Speaker 2: I call him Carzy, So I can never remember Rick Carler. But anyway, Carsey, he reached out to me and he said, hey, hey, d Dub, that's what he calls me.
Speaker 3: Sure for d w.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Cars He said, d God, look man, we're in this final game. Can you come up here and kind of inspire the team and talk about your achilles tendon? I said, you know what, I got a busy day, but Carsey, for you, I'll do it. So I went up there. I told the team, I said, listen, unless you all do something stupid like snap your achilles tendon like this, you got it. Uh.
Speaker 1: Indiana Pacers best player Haliburton went down just a couple of minutes into the game after making his first three three pointers, and they were tied at that point or up by one, and he went down within achilles tear, which we know so much more about than the last couple of weeks of information from Dwight Whitten.
Speaker 2: If you want to know about his injury in death five seventy one eighty four eighty four, I will take all questions. As by the way, Ellison Bodenhausen has now taken me on staff to educate people about the dangers of achilles tend to nighters, not true ruptures as we call it in the industry, but that's just industry talk. I've got the the States to spend the most on only fans annually, and one of these really surprises me. A couple of them, a couple of them don't. According to the survey, West Virginia might be the most addicted to OnlyFans when it comes to spending money, West Virginia is number one. Number two is what I don understand. Number two is Nevada. And here's why I don't understand, because it's legalised right prostitute. Well, in some cities there was a reno or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe the more conservative stations or stations, the more conservative states would be on high on this list because they're not supposed to be looking at it.
Speaker 2: Number three is Colorado. That's certainly not conservative. Number four is Illinois, or is like to say, Illinois south side that comes at number four. That's certainly not well. I know there's the state of Illinois.
Speaker 3: Outside of Chicago. They're very conservative.
Speaker 2: Okay, so okay, the toy is right on. Then in Iowa, I don't know what I do. Only think I know about Iowa's Iowa.
Speaker 1: Cubs only fans. It's not all the young women, but there's a lot on only fans, and they've tried to normalize sex work as a legit job, and then they they scream at people that say, hey, you should try to go into a different profession, and they scream at people because they want to normalize that as a job.
Speaker 2: Only fans.
Speaker 1: I got on it for research purposes only, okay, Dwight.
Speaker 2: I'm listening to research purposes only.
Speaker 1: And I looked it up.
Speaker 2: I didn't find anything.
Speaker 1: I tried to search whatever, and so I just said, rand, I guess there's a button or whatever it says random. I tried to look up whatever, and it was like these, I would not pay five or ten dollars a month to see any of your pictures. Okay, I didn't see anything that was and I deleted it.
Speaker 2: So what's the girl from the Sopranos?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh, the daughter no Michael h Adriana, Adriana, she's on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Adriana. She was in such bad finances that she's got like three or four kids. She was getting ready to lose her home. Yeah, she joins only fans, and I think it.
Speaker 3: Was something stupid no nudity.
Speaker 2: Within a week she had paid it off. Yeah, So I said, okay, I'm a little curious. So I went ahead and I joined and looked at her page. No nudity, it's all bathing suits.
Speaker 1: Well, there are some normal looking girls pulling in forty million a year.
Speaker 2: Well I think that's uh, it's unusual. That's unusual because I just looked in to this to chase. Let's go ahead and go down this rabbit hole. Average salary of OnlyFans model. If you're on the low end, it looks like you might make about about one hundred and eighty per month or two and sixty per year. I just get on Only Fans. Here we go.
Speaker 1: So I watched a video to where the women from Only Fans were arguing the WNBA conversation that said women the women should be paid as much as the guys, and the only argument the interviewer said was, okay, well you're on Only Fans and by far, by far, the women make twelve times what the guys make that are on there. There is there are guys on only Fans. Should it be equal? And they're like, uh no. More people go to our site and they're like exactly no.
Speaker 2: Hell, I wonder if I should join and make my wei we like different. I don't think I'll dress it up as different. Historical figures and get speeches. All right, so that'll be my niche.
Speaker 1: I think leave the nastiness out of it. I think you, I think it'd be interesting if you did to see if you can generate any money. Would do it pictures of your dog or or whatever?
Speaker 2: Now I like my little guy going.
Speaker 1: Do you think people would pay five dollars a month to see Dwight's content on only fans?
Speaker 4: I think if you spread it into two categories. One category is you Dwight said his we Wei. The other category is just him and his dog limming. I think you would get more more money just from people looking at.
Speaker 3: His dog phones.
Speaker 2: He's not going to do the first one. He's you're not okay, stupid, and here my pitch, here my pitch. Okay. I'll get like a little train as a background, and I'll put a black top hat on him and put a beard on him. Into four score.
Speaker 1: Run this by state legislator Susan Tyler's whitting at home and see how that goes.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to use my real name. Oh you're not. No, let's go to mid rage salaries on only fans. If you're a mid range, some creators can earn up to a from one hundred dollars to one thousand dollars a month. Then of course you get into the high range, which is probably one percent of that.
Speaker 1: Basically, if anybody is a celebrity, you step on it and start making money exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just a bottom line. I think I'm going to start one and I'll be completely naked and people will pay me to put my clothes back off. I think that's legitimate. That's the one right there. I think that's legitimate. Uh. Experts say it's good to let kids get bored over the summer. I'm all for this, and I can't recall ever getting bored in the summer. Of course, you were, you just bored. I think I was. I was either listening to records.
Speaker 1: Yes, you were never bored. You were never bored in the summer.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was, But I mean I always liked being by myself, even as a kid. I would go off behind a chair somewhere. Mom said, let me just sit there with my favorite stick.
Speaker 1: I could sit on the floor, talk to Stixie and take Star Wars planes like the X Wing and they would fight the you know something from a totally different uh, you know, a space movie. I could fight with those things for hours.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you about kids. Listen, why is it that at every kid's house with kids toys, there's a lottery basket with a mess of kids toys in that basket. Without failure, it's going to be a Barbie and the barbie won't have one stitch of clothes on it. What's that about every every lottery basket full of kids toys I've seen?
Speaker 1: That's been part of it because the first of all, the Barbie's come with different wardrobes.
Speaker 2: You can dress the barbie anything you want or walk around Hey, by the way, the barbie hair gets all ratty and nasty like mine looks like right now?
Speaker 1: Well, that's when the brother usually gets hold of the barbie and shaves the barbie's head. The sisters starts screaming and yelling and bunks him over the head with the barbie. It's now a weapon. And that's called growing up. But I don't know one girl. I don't know one girl that doesn't have at least one Barbie. I mean, that's just a rite of passage. Barbie is a brand that is crazy. They've been doing it for like sixty years. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Kid rotting is the trendy term that you being used right now for summer breaks. It's just lounging or daydreaming and not having a lot to do, taking away the technology from them. While many parents rush to sign their kids up for summer camps and programs, experts are saying they just give a more unrestricted time at home.
Speaker 1: Well, you could do both. I don't know why these people have to do either. Or No, you shouldn't do that, You shouldn't turn them in for camps.
Speaker 2: Camps are awesome, awesome, and a hope that these camps they take the damn phones away. Do the phones go away? Like when you go on a camp?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, well good yeah yeah, yeah you don't have your phone.
Speaker 2: So, like I said earlier, I had a bit of a difficult weekend, so I I was off social media. I was off my phone most of the weekend. I will tell you this out of here.
Speaker 1: My kids went to private school, and in the summer it cost us almost for the entire what it costs to send them to private school for the entire year is what we spent in camps in the summer.
Speaker 2: Hey, John, let's me and you open a camp.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it camp.
Speaker 2: What not to Do Camp?
Speaker 1: John Alden camp Witt wh what not to do?
Speaker 3: No, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's call it camp.
Speaker 1: When you get sued, it's John Alden that's getting sued. But no, I I talked a little bit about this with Nick Coffee earlier. I sent John to away camp when he was seven, for a seven days away camp, and he came back a different child.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: He figured it out, like his brain went, oh, I should do most of this stuff myself. You know, get up, get dressed, go eat, you know, go eat breakfast, all this stuff. I mean, he just he became he was a different person after he got back. Campumingo's great. It's right here in Louisville.
Speaker 2: I like Camp John Awden. If you're thinking about sending your kid to a camp, Camp John Auden is the place every kid gets their own stick. There's other activities too. There's so many camps.
Speaker 3: This message is not approved by.
Speaker 1: There's Lego Camp. Bellerman has Lego Camp. Some kids love.
Speaker 2: I hope Lego Camp. The number one rule is everybody walks around barefoot. No.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's football camp and baseball camp and science camp.
Speaker 2: And math Camp. They got everything never good Lego's. The only thing I can make is a stick, like a big long or a ruler.
Speaker 1: Drama camp. Magi used to go to drama camp. They she'd go the whole summer and then they have a play at the end of the summer.
Speaker 2: I highly recommend drama can stop it, Stop it. That's stereotypic. Dude, Who was that? I'm sorry, I don't know who was that person? That non gender specific contributor to the show. All right, Shady Raised, I wore my color Rush Shady Rey classics in today. Love these things. Go buy the Oxmore Center and say I want to try the color Rush. Check out the Kyle Busch. By the way, Kyle Busch, they have yellow lenses. I gotta get these. Maybe you're a golfer, you're gonna love the Greenwolf series specifically designed for golfing. What other frame you want, even if it's University of Little A, fighty Cardinals or Kentucky They got you covered there too. Don't take my word for it. Go buy the Oxymore Center or check them out of line. It's Shady Raised dot com.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can make John Bergen from b K Plumbing supply look cooler. But I bet those shades will make him look even better.
Speaker 2: He sent me in forever request. I didn't know how cool John Bergen was. I know he's got like he's you know, he looks like who the most interesting man in the world.
Speaker 1: He does he does? John call him at four nine nine fifty nine hundred. He set me up with a Toto next to this toilet. It's a washlet bidet toilet system. It's not just a seat, okay, because some of these things you buy online. It's just seat and you have to attach it yourself.
Speaker 3: Nina has got a pickle bucket.
Speaker 2: I hate mine. Yeah, I know you do. But John Bergen will will hook you up. Right. I've got one. I've had it for eight months or so. It changed our lives. Man. It's you control the stream.
Speaker 1: There's two different types of streams, and of course there's a boys stream and a girl stream. Because John, I know, young John, there's a difference between girl parts and boys parts. There is, yes, there is, but this toy. So you need the electrician and a plumber to show up the same day. They take it from there. Once you order the Toto, they take it from there, they'll they'll be there with the plumber and the electrician because this toilet needs its separate electricity in your bathroom because it is I mean, it is like Star trek Man, It's like Star Wars. It is an incredible toilet. At least heat comes up by itself. It's up underneath so in the night you can see what you're doing. And it's just enough night to light, not to wake you up, but enough to see what you're doing. Go to BK plumbingsupply dot com or call John or Amy at four ninety nine fifty nine hundred. Back after this on news radio forty WHA's wasn't the operation on Saturday night called Hammer Midnight Hammer?
Speaker 2: Midnight Hammer?
Speaker 3: What is this? This is Queen Hammer to fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Coming up at the bottom of the hour, we're gonna talk to Austin from WAMZ and find out what his take on Jaws was. Well.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago when we were at Mercurial Wealth Advisors, he slyly said on the air that he was like, Jaws sucks.
Speaker 5: And I can't say it under my breath.
Speaker 2: I'm not proud of this, but I went out and cut two of his tires that day. Yeah, I know you, but I mean that was you. Yes, it was. As a matter of fact, yes it was. Yeah, there was many you say stuff like that, and.
Speaker 5: There was a note that said this was all from Tony Venetti and it was misspelled.
Speaker 2: But Netty was felt right that Tony was felt wrong used to it.
Speaker 5: It's too hot.
Speaker 1: I watched one and two back to back yesterday because I punched up on Peacock. What I thought was a documentary about Jaws, and it was just Spielberg introducing Jaws.
Speaker 2: And I was like, man, I tried to watch a documentary on Jaws yesterday, and it started out with a little bit about Spielberg, and then I started talking to all these people that got attacked by sharks in real life. I'm like, this is not what I signed up for. I annoyed you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I annoyed the crap out of Jackie because during the watching Jaws.
Speaker 2: I'm dropping in.
Speaker 1: I'm dropping in the lines, but I'm also dropping in. You know. At first, Spielberg was treated as a brilliant, brilliant director because he didn't show the shark for three quarters of the movie, and but little not. The reason was they couldn't get the damn thing to work.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven years old. The guy was And by the way, did you know the part about so Hooper dies in the book and he guys in the original screen poet right, you know, while they kept him alive. No, So the mechanical shark would never work right, so they barely used it. You know the scene where the shark gets on top of the cage that Quint was in, Yes, smash it. That's actually real. That's real footage. Because they couldn't get shark footage. So Spielberg had this guy go to Australia and film these scenes. Well, in that scene where he's going that shark's going mad, he's destroying the cage, there's nobody in the cage. So in order to use the footage, they had to rewrite the script. Hooper swims down, yes, because the footage was so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then you know the dynamic between Quint and Hooper. Obviously the actor was in English. He has one of the best performances of Shakespeare in history, and now he's on this Jaws movie with Hooper. But there was I was driving, I know, I was driving Hooper.
Speaker 5: Was the scientist guy right, yes, ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was an oceanographer.
Speaker 1: Hooper drives the boat chief Ull never take a turn. Yeah it was. So we'll get your take on it, since you why. I watched it back to back and by by far, the original Jaws is great.
Speaker 2: So I watched Jaws two and did not watch Jaws the original. Cous I'm gonna watch that on fourth of July. And I know Susan.
Speaker 3: I could watch it every day.
Speaker 2: I could do. Susan not so much. I say, you know what, I'll give her a break on this week. Pello Windows and Doors, Baby, Yeah, how are those energy bills?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: It's getting hot. Those energy bills steep in the summer? Are they steep in the winter? Could be? Probably? Is your windows your doors? Get down to twelve nine ten factory laying. That is the Pello Windows and Doors showrooms. I'm talking about beautiful replacement, new construction commercially at fiberglass, woodclad windows, patio doors, and mor It's your choice, by the way, not just made in America, made right here in Kentucky. Make life right or go to Pelo Louisville dot com.
Speaker 1: Map Security, go to maps Residential dot Com. Look, they'll break into anything. The thieve drug addicts. They want to get your TV. They want to grab a couple of things and then they're gone. Right, you want to keep them out of your house, keep your stuff safe.
Speaker 2: You don't want to deal with the insurance adjusters. Trust me on that one. Well how old was the TV?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? Are we doing that? So prevent all that.
Speaker 1: Get a security system from Maps residential dot Com.
Speaker 2: They have the whole thing.
Speaker 1: You can get a camera in every room, every spot of the outside. And again it's all hooked to ems and the fire and the police. They get it quicker access. Mapsresidential dot Com. Mention this ad. The first ninety days monitoring are on us. So just mention this ad and we'll get it done. Maps Residential dot Com. Back after this on NewsRadio eight forty whas fifty years of Jaws. NewsRadio eight forty WHS Tony Dewicho brought to by the Kentucky Office of Fighway Safety. I watched back both of them back to back yesterday and a couple of weeks ago. Austin Montgomery from WAMZ.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir, How do y'all?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 5: How are you doing Happy Monday?
Speaker 1: He had the audacity, Oh my god, I say the audacity to say live on our show that jaw sucked.
Speaker 5: The unmitigated gull.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yes, yes, but.
Speaker 5: You never I've never seen it was like that if you've never seen it. I just had a feeling I wanted to get under your skin. Yeah, I want to get under Tony's skin because we're also chewing salceeritas live on the air. That also, it was kind of the cherry on top that was like, all right, so you saw you saw it this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 3: It's entirety Yes, yes, it was okay, and uh I'll give.
Speaker 5: It like a seven out of ten. Well, it's not as life changing as as people but hang on, well no, John, audience, because listen to this.
Speaker 2: If number one he didn't see it in a movie theater and that takes away number two, probably CGI has spoiled.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't think that was all that terrible, like the special effects. I didn't think all of that was as bad as people said there. Everyone was always that I've read afterwards. They were always getting on the shark right because it just looks So I didn't think that it looked bad. I didn't think it looked all that terrible.
Speaker 2: For the seven. You gotta be honest on this. So they go out that night and they find ben Gardner's boat just sitting there, and Richard Driver has decides to get in the black water and the dead and Knight and Jawls is out there. When the head when Ben Gardner's head pops out of that it got you, did it? Did you jump a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I took my nephew to.
Speaker 2: See it in the theaters when it came out, and there's a few years back, and I watched him on that seat, out of his seat.
Speaker 1: Some movies don't translate from our era. Raising Arizona is one of those.
Speaker 2: It just does it. It was.
Speaker 1: It was so groundbreaking and awesome when we saw it in eighty seven. But you watch it now you're just like, it's kind of boring. But I guess it's got ninety seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many movies have a ninety seven. It is as perfect as a movie as you can get for the content.
Speaker 2: That it is. I mean, it really is.
Speaker 1: And well, the theme with John Williams is so good.
Speaker 5: Sure, well, everybody, Yeah, the theme is awesome. But I've always thought, because everyone's always talked about the ramifications like it, it changed the way people went to the beach.
Speaker 2: I still won't get wide swimming. It's not rational. I won't get about swimming pool at night. I'm serious.
Speaker 5: Well, but you'll get in your Southern comfort hot tub whenever you have a full Achilles. But so here's my question, was like people not aware? Were people not aware of sharks before.
Speaker 2: This, or was only no we knew about it? But what what did it.
Speaker 3: Take it jaws for people to be scared of everything sharks?
Speaker 2: It changed everything. Like on Batman in the sixties, a shark came up and bit the helicopter rope and he got his bat shark respell and pray, we knew about it, and all the sharks will eat you. But this is satalized. It's so bad when people were killing him.
Speaker 1: I think one of the best scenes in all of movie making is when it passes by the first time and Hooper says, this is twenty foot and he goes twenty five right, and then the music starts to come up, and then he gets the gun and he rolls out and he says.
Speaker 2: Tie it off, Hooper, tie up.
Speaker 1: He goes, don't wait on me, and the music is going bomb bla bomb blah blah, and then Hooper's up there going coming around again, and they're coming around and the water's going splash and the barrel's going out, and the theme music is so incredible. I think it's ten minutes of perfect movie making. That is, that's one of the best scenes ever.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: I would say just a couple of things I have thoughts on. Let's just go to like back to the beginning when the deputy guy right, yes it's the police chief, yes, whoever it is. Well, he finds out that the girl in the opening got killed spoiler alert, yes, and so he decides like this probably isn't a good idea and he goes to the other island where the other where the kid gets kidting, So like I thought that the whole time, because he was wandering through the streets, he said, can we get like signs made that said close the beach. Yeah, And then two minutes later he just sit relaxing on a beach.
Speaker 1: Well, because they told him you were gonna this isn't a album, it'll we're going to open the beaches. By the way, the slap was not supposed to be like that, and it's a surprised was a school.
Speaker 2: Teacher on that island and they just used her for that. She was a school teacher. Okay, one more fact and that's it.
Speaker 1: So years later they never saw each other, the Kittener boy that got eaten, and then the mom never had seen each other after the filming. And then she walks into a cafe and there's a sandwich named after one of the Jaws scenes, and one of the persons with her says, hey, she's in it. She's the Kittener mom, and they were like, what the Kittener son. The boy was working in the back making he was a cook.
Speaker 3: At the restaurant.
Speaker 5: It's all right, okay, and I have one more thought on the ending.
Speaker 2: Alright, So, okay, you know the Ben Gardner boat with the head pops out that was added in later, and they filmed that in a swimming pool. In order to get that, they poured milk into the swimming pool. And then also remember the kids to put on the ship fake shark. Yes he may be doing it. That kid is now a cop at Martha vineyards. Is it really yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it scared the crap out of everything, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: So listen, here's your next shige. You think that's good. Wait, do you see Jaws three or Jaws? No, don't see three? Your final thought on Jaws?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, so like you're saying the the Indianapolis guy the yeah, yeah, yeah, So he did all that talk, yeah right, all that talk just for the end for the boat sinking and he tries fighting this mammoth shark off with the machete, like, what is this guy? What was the plan there? And also tied onto that they did a hell of a lot. They did a lot, They went through a lot just to try to kill this one shark. Like at some point I would have gone full like police deputy, like corrupt and been like, Nope, everything's fine, guys. We'll go ahead and pay the pay the mom off. We'll go ahead and do whatever we can because we the beaches.
Speaker 2: It's a movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, obviously he should have pulled his six shooter from his bag and said take this boat back to the shore.
Speaker 5: The guy getting.
Speaker 1: I'll never put a life bet jacket back on again.
Speaker 5: And that's where we're gonna need a bigger boat. That's where that comes from, right.
Speaker 2: I think thats ad lived. Well. No, here's where you're like, we could do this forever. What we can do this for the line We're going to need a bigger boat was from the crew that was filming on a barge that was filming the boat. There were so many people on this barge. They said that so many times, we're gonna need a bigger boat. We're gonna need a bigger boat. That all right? Ethan Almighty and Jeff Callaway in the house. Jeff, how you doing, man?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: Have you got a big Thursday night coming up this Thursday? We're talking bourbon, We're talking Russ Smith, We're talking Ethan Almighty, lots of stuff. Tell us what's going on this Thursday.
Speaker 6: So Thursday night it's basketball, bourbon and Ethan Almighty. We are rust will be there talking about his playing days and you have his playing days overseas, how he got into the bourbon industry. Sort of our collaboration. We'll talk about Ethan's story. There'll be a couple of bourbon tastings throughout, and then it sort of culminates with the unveiling of Ethan's exhibit at the Fraser History.
Speaker 2: Two Things exhibit. Oh really, how about Ethan's exhibit? Yeah? Huh? Two things? People love bourbon and dogs? Yeah, and you can't beat it. How is the dog flavored bourbon? That's not true? Spells like a permanent when you get it? That's not true.
Speaker 1: Do I does taste all of Lemmy's food before he eats it, just in case it's poisoned. Right, So obviously your wife has been involved with a lot of litigation or passing laws to help put people in jail.
Speaker 2: How's that Goverment? Yeah? How is Ethan's law?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: How's it going? You know?
Speaker 6: We leave frustrated a lot, but there are probably the trend right now as I'm seeing, is that cases are going into a grand jury, and we've got several that are are are going to be we're indicted by the grand jury. This one here locally in Jefferson County. His second appearance was today. It was a pre lim hearing. That's why I was late. His attorney still wasn't there. But he's gonna wave his right to this prelim hearing and it'll go to a grand jury.
Speaker 1: These are animal cruelty cases erect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a guy that threw the dog against the table and the dog eventually died.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: But there are there are some throughout the state that you know, they have gone and they've been indicted. Uh, there's one that's going to trial. As I was down there today talking with the prosecutor. There's one here in Jefferson County. He was he was indicted, he was he pled guilty, and he has five years hanging over his head and a permanent ban on owning animals.
Speaker 3: I got as a question.
Speaker 2: So often I know this because we're friends, we keep in contact, we're passionate about the same deal. Often cor supposed to start at nine here in Louisville, and you'll wait and you'll wait and you'll wait because the defendant nor the attorney will show up. But you also go out into the state because you follow cases all throughout the state. You'll drive three four hours at a time. Sometimes. Is it like that at other courts or is it just Louisville's courthouse? This seems to be so screwed up.
Speaker 6: So we've gone to a lot of court a lot of courthouses about the state, and you know, a lot of Most of the time, it's a nine o'clock start. At nine o'clock, the judges on the bench and court has started. And if you're not there, your attorney's not there, you know you're in contempt. There's a there's a fine, there's something going on. A couple of times that we've been involved in Jefferson County, just like this morning. This guy's Most of the people that are there because they have a case are there at nine o'clock because they've been told to be there at nine.
Speaker 2: And they have to take off work, they have to make you they have to go there, you included.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this his attorney just wasn't there, and because judges don't hold him accountable for that, he just continues to do it.
Speaker 1: It's harder out there. There's some stinking thinking still going on out out in the state. There are different thought patterns for people that out in the state. Dog fighting still goes on in eastern Kentucky, and there is a thought that, you know, animals are their property and they can do what they want with it. So when Susan passed this law, it was I was amazed that she got it passed.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 6: You know, when people when I'm sitting and having conversations with people about to get a law passed to begin with, is a pretty huge To get an animal law passed in Kentucky is a another step. And then when you factor in it's Kentucky, you're at the level of Wow, how did.
Speaker 3: They make that happen?
Speaker 6: And so I tell people this is a this is a small step in our state. It's going to take many small steps to get where we want to be. We've got some other, you know, things that we're thinking about that we might be able to do in the future. But you know, what we're trying to do is get conviction on these cases and we can start stacking those and get some precedent around the state. And so it kind of shows. Eventually my goal would be, and people probably think I'm kind of kind of crazy, my goal would be when people think about animals in Kentucky, they think those people take care of their animals.
Speaker 1: And it's just a fact. So people can get mad at me if they want it. We are the thirteenth year in a row that Kentucky has been ranked last or first in animal cruelty.
Speaker 3: It's just a fact child abuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not in again Eastern There's plenty of beautiful people in eastern Kentucky. But that is just a pattern that needs to stop. And you're doing your best to do that, and.
Speaker 2: Real quick before we go go ahead and hit Thursday one more time at the Fraser because it's really cool that now Ethan has his own display.
Speaker 6: But there's lots stuff going on hit that that's gonna be really cool. People go to the Fraser Museum website to buy tickets. They're thirty nine dollars. It's sort of a historic day in Kentucky. I mean a dog to be put into the Fraser Hit Stream Museum.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 6: And it's really all about getting this law passed and doing those things we also have really quickly. A McDonald landcar and model showed this Saturday at seventeen oh four Graling Drive in Louisville.
Speaker 3: They do it every year.
Speaker 6: This year it's going to support Ethan Almighty's blessing.
Speaker 2: God bless you and Ethan. I say, look good to see you. Jeff Or as all like to call him, the other guy.
Speaker 1: H Kline Brothers Locksmith and Commercial Doors. This is where old school service meets the modern world. They've been around since nineteen fourteen. That means they've been doing something right. All those decades are over one hundred years. It's crazy. Clin Brothers locksmiths. They specialize in commercial doors, whether you need one or one hundred. They also do the keyless access and the closed circuit technology to where you can have your entire area and your business locked down. So go to clinlock dot com for free estimates and twenty four hour service.
Speaker 2: That's it for us today. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Boys are coming up next, and of course Terry Miners at three o'clock for Dwight.
Speaker 2: Whitten and John Alden.
Speaker 1: I'm Tony Venetti on News Radio eight forty WHS.
Speaker 2: I Did I Love you, Ma,