Speaker 1: I got a little more sleep last night compared to Tuesday night. So I've been filling in for Tony Cruz on Whas in the Mornings, which that show starts at five am. My wake up call is at three thirty am. And the first the first night, as I was getting set to, you know, get up very early. The next day, I couldn't sleep at all. I was up till like one o'clock. So I got like two and a half hours sleep, and I was I was running on fumes yesterday. And then for some reason, I never took a nap. I went home, watched the game, and maybe I'll just blame it on Chucky's groin. But I wasn't like I wasn't like amped, but I just I couldn't. I couldn't fall asleep. I mean, I've never been a good sleeper really at any point in my life. I've always used something to get me to sleep, whether it be you know, I mean a few beers before.
Speaker 2: Bed, kind of get me mellow tone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, melatonin always works, but it makes me feel so tired the next day.
Speaker 2: Sure, it gives me crazy dreams. Yeah, and that's supposed to be the effect that a lot of other people get too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, to be honest with you, like CBD gummies are probably the best because they they first of all, I can take them at like eight thirty nine o'clock, and by the time I'm wanting to go to bed, I'm usually in a pretty good spot to where I'm relaxed and I'm chill. And what it does is it actually, I mean it actually mentally chills me out to where I'm not thinking so much. Therefore I just fall asleep easier because like last night, I mean't I didn't want to take anything because my fear is that if I take any anything to help me sleep, that I'm going to be in such a deep sleep at three thirty and miss my alarm and not get up. So I tried to just you know, fall asleep regularly as if I would have no issues, because you know, I was on two and a half hours sleep from the night before. But I still just was, you know, when like I was stressing or panicking. I just I couldn't fall asleep. So but I did go to sleep a lot earlier than, you know, than than I did the night before, so I think I got about four hours sleep.
Speaker 2: There you go, and in two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel I feel okay. I mean, I'm sure I'll be really tired this evening, but uh and I probably would have gone to bed a lot earlier. But I watched the game, and even though it was a blowout, I mean, I'm still excited and my energy levels are high. Therefore I'm not I'm not just gonna be able to just say, Okay, I'm gonna call it a night and go to bed. I mean, I hate when they play nine o'clock games, regardless of the result, because whichever result it is, I'm still gonna be pretty charged up because you know, I'm into the game. I guess it was just my worry about Chucky's growing that kept me from being able to fall asleep. I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and assume that. But what I was getting at, that's a long winded way. In fact, that's a very long route for me to get to where I'm at now, which was me telling you that we are field by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety And because I've not had a whole lot of sleep, I've absolutely needed the energy drinks. And I got three of the Monster energy drinks this morning for seven bucks. That's actually a deal. I know some people say that may sound expensive. If you think that's expensive, you're not paying attention to energy drinks because they're not. I mean nothing, what's cheap anymore? Right, Like nothing is cheap. So I stopped in at Thornton's and man walking into at Thornton's early early in the morning.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: They got the fresh doughnuts, south, they got the they're getting the breakfast sandwich is ready, which I will say it was about three fifty when I got there today and there weren't many people there, but sure enough they were. I mean they got They get an earlier start than I do, although I used to think I had to get up early when I did a show that started at seven am, which is really funny now because our our news station that Kentucky and his morning news with Tony Cruz, it's a five am to nine am shift. And look, you get used to any work shift, I suppose, and I'm I'm just filling in. So I don't want to get used to it. I don't want to be waking up at three thirty every morning as if like that's normal. In fact, I keep saying three thirty in the morning. Three thirty is not morning, it's night. I know technically it is, but you know what I mean. I mean, how many people wake up at three thirty in the morning. And I'm sure there are some. I'm sure there's other people that also have a very early start. I know I'm not the only one that's had to do this, but i'd say the vast majority of folks. Even if you get up early and go to work every day, if you wake up at three thirty, you're not thinking, oh, it's already morning time. You're probably thinking it's still middle of the night and I'm going to go back to bed for a few hours. So anyways, again it's coffee and company and we are proudly fueled by Thornton speaking of everything being really really expensive, because I've been filling in on has I've been. I mean, one of the bigger stories out there right now is how expensive eggs are.
Speaker 2: And we don't buy eggs.
Speaker 1: We eat egg I mean, I'm the only one in the house that likes eggs. In fact, my kids do, but you know they're not going to cook them. So if we have eggs in the home. I have to ask my wife to get them because I'm gonna make us like a Christmas breakfast, which I do every year. I'm gonna make some omelets.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 1: I enjoy eggs, it's just you know, we don't buy them a lot, and we certainly aren't going to now because they're super expensive. So what I think is crazy is that the story about one hundred thousand eggs I think it is that have been stolen off of a of a distribution truck in Georgia. What fascinates me is like this is a real heist, right Like, this is absolutely like somebody who knew that these expensive eggs that you know, are going for a lot of money right now, They've got whoever is delivering them, whatever company it is that's providing the eggs, the farm they've got, they've got some vulnerabilities in their security system, and we can take advantage of it. I just imagine, like be think of what are the names in Home alone, Harry and Marv, Like imagine this is Harry and Marv kind of thing they're trying to, you know, be be the the egg bandits instead of the sticky bandits of the wet bandits and like I can just see, I can see which one Harry is. The is Joe PESHI right? And then Daniel Daniel Stearn is that his name?
Speaker 2: Daniel?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not that I always get it wrong and I should know this. Oh yeah, it is Daniel Stern. I used to call them Daniel Snyder, who is the guy who used to own the Commanders. But anyways, I could see I could see Marv telling Harry, you won't believe it, but we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna rob this truck full of eggs and it's gonna, like can't you see that? Being like something stupid they would do. And that's what's happened here, Like this isn't some random person that stole a vehicle and they're just so happened to be one hundred thousand eggs. This is somebody who realizes the rising egg prices and shortages premeditate and wanted to go out there and and you know, flip it right. I mean, it's not funny, but it is right, Like you don't want farmers to have things that they mean, this is theft and apparently the eggs forty thousand dollars is what one hundred thousand eggs is worth right now.
Speaker 2: I thought that was just for a carton.
Speaker 1: I mean there are places right now where if you again, I don't want to make this such a big part of the show, and I feel like I've already talked about it more than I probably should. But you have people out there taking pictures and posting them on social media of what eggs cost where they are, And there was some place this morning where it was like fifteen dollars for twelve eggs, Like what, But you know, supply and demand, that's kind of how it works. And this is so clearly just to flip a profit, right, Like these people aren't going to put these eggs in hiding and just keep them for the rest of their life. They're going to try to sell them and make money. Which when the TP shortage was going on during COVID, and by the way, was there a TP shortage or was that just something people were worried about not having if the world was coming to an end, because everybody wants to be able to wipe their ass, right, Yeah, I mean it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Much there was like an official shortage, but I know there was like a whole two three month period where you cannot find it well.
Speaker 1: And the people who got them, they just wanted to make sure they never ended up in a situation where they couldn't wipe right. It wasn't like they were out there hustling them on the street.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Pansies, Have you never used a magazine before? Oh? God, that's it just sounds good. Watching step Brothers last night, and when they finally move out on their own and he realizes he doesn't have toilet papers, so he uses the rug from under the toilet, and then his big redeeming moment is walking out of Costco or whatever warehouse he was at with a whole like package of them. That's an all time movie, right, Oh gosh, it was great. I don't think the fiance has ever fully watched it. And she was doing some work last night while I had it on, and she found herself looking up and laughing at some stuff she loved, The sweet child of mine. When Derek and his family are in the Oh my gosh, it's so good. They're singing the singing the guns and rows of s.
Speaker 1: And Derek's wife in the movie, I can't think of her name, but she's hilarious.
Speaker 2: She's in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: She's like one of the funniest actresses comedians that I that I don't really know a lot about, but anything she's in, she's hilarious. So the reason I ask you if you thought that was like an ald timer, because I saw it in theaters and I liked it. I thought it was funny played by Catherine Han that's great, she's great, but it was stupid funny. Like I enjoyed it, but I would have never I would have never expected to like be able to recite every word. But once it came out and like it was on I guess it was probably back then, probably like red Box, right, like we don't think I don't think we had it on streaming platforms and whatnot. But like I watched it many times after it was already out for a year or two.
Speaker 2: And like it.
Speaker 1: It's up there as one of the funniest movies that I can that I can think of. It's just a it's a weird movie. It's a weird situation to where I watched it in theaters and was I was. I wasn't unimpressed. I liked it, but after the fact I really realized. I mean, those two guys are I mean hilarious together. I mean John c Riley, he's done other stuff, and everybody tells me the stuff that he's done that I don't know much about is still really funny. But like, I don't, I mean to me, he's I only think of him as is that in Talladega Knights, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Will Ferrell's sidekick? Yeah? And the never watched Walk Hard. Yeah, I heard it's really stupid, the Dewey Cox. I thought it was pretty funny him as a standalone movie.
Speaker 1: Was that before Talladagan Knights.
Speaker 2: I think that was after Talent and it's well before.
Speaker 1: And looks it's okay to be the sidekick because here's here's here's here's how it works. He's fun. Will Ferrell is funnier with John c Rightley, like they just have. They have a compatibility and an energy that like together they are hilarious. You want a hot take, Talladagan Knights is not as good as Stepbrothers.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't think. I don't. I mean again, it's all opinion. It's a hot take, because but I do love Talent. They're they're probably both in like my top funny movies Ago Rewatch.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of movies like that that I would never claim that I don't like.
Speaker 2: I would never claim that they're not funny.
Speaker 1: But I guess I've just had that that feeling that I can't match the love that people have for the movie and it. Therefore I kind of, you know, I feel a little a little underwhelmed. And one of them is is Talladagan Heights. It's it's good, it's just I never again I thought I thought Step Brothers was way funnier.
Speaker 2: Than that, and I don't know, a little more raunchier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I guess maybe that's what it is. I'm a raunchy guy, of course. And then another movie that, again I really liked it. I can quote it. It's good, but I just I couldn't. I couldn't get myself to love it the way everybody else did.
Speaker 2: Was old school. Yeah, I'm the same way.
Speaker 1: It's good, but like I just I didn't think it was as funny as everybody else. And it's almost like that, you know, I want to be able to match their energy, right, I want to be able to think it's as great as everybody else, But I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I don't think about that movie often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's uh, it's got a great cast. I mean Luke Wilson and Vince vond together, obviously Will Ferrell has a has a unique role in that. And yeah, really really good stuff. All right again, it's Coffee and Company. We are fiel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us as we get set for Super Bowl weekend. I talked a little bit a little bit earlier about how I was I was wanting to see the Eagles whin. I've really been talking about that all week, But I just the Chiefs are really really good, and they've not done anything really at any point in this dynasty to enter the super Bowl and have people think that they're vulnerable and that they're you know, they're not deserving to be the favorites and they could lose. We know that, I mean, they're not unbeatable, but they also have a lot of repetition in this moment, and they seem to be at their best in these moments, which is you know, how you end up having a dynasty. So I'm at the point now where I've just accepted they're going to win, so therefore I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, and the best would be an Eagles win, but we'll see if that happens. I do want to get to some of these prop bets that are out there, because some of them are really, really stupid, but some of them are also really fun. So we'll get into that. And we also need to discuss a situation going down in New Orleans that's not good, not good timing. There's any recall on I don't know if it's shellfish or what it is, but a bunch of the media hacks down there on Radio Row covering the super Bowl really just making everything about them and maybe saying that because I'm jealous that I'll never be able to maybe do a show on Radio Row during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But they've they've they've eaten.
Speaker 1: Some bad seafood that's been recalled that's led to like violent, violent food poisoning.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not good timing. So we'll get into all that talking about a completely different super Bowl than you like that. I do like that. You need to fly on the fly like it. I've been listening to the Morning show just as well, we go down there, we go.
Speaker 1: I like it all right, so real quick at a bracketology update in regards to the local teams here Louisville, not much movement as you could expect after doing what you know they're they're supposed to do, which is beat a bad Boston College team. They're still sitting as a seventh seed. And somebody asked me this the other day, and I don't I don't have an answer for you.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: And honestly, nobody knows because those who cover bracketology that we keep up with, let's let's be let's you know, let's remind ourselves that you know, they they're just guessing. They're not on the committee. They don't have any say so. But now that I am back into watching bracketology or keeping up that I should say more than I have in a long time, because you know, Louisville is a factor in it. It's really not and I've said this before, it's really not that hard to do bracketology because what it comes down to is and by the way, I don't even know how they evaluate who's good and who's bad at it, because I could be wrong. But I don't think it's that difficult to determine who would be in line for what seed, right Like, that's not that difficult to do. And that's really what I'm looking at, is, Okay, if we're a six seed or a seventh seed, who are the types of teams that you could that we could end up playing against in the first round that kind of stuff, and that again, it's not really that hard to do. Right now, I think it's quite clear that the number one seeds are going to be Auburn, Alabama, Duke, and then I don't know, maybe Tennessee two seeds, Purdue, Florida, Houston, maybe A and M I don't know, maybe Iowas State gets it, Marquette, Texas Tech, Kansas, Michigan State. Those are looking like three seed type teams. So again, that's not that difficult to uh to put together. And that's why I think, you know, when we reference, when we reference this, we're not saying these guys are going to get the matchup, right, because that's impossible to predict. And I do know that they they evaluate who's good and who's bad at bracketology. I think the website's called bracket Matrix and again I don't know for sure, but it's probably more so than anything just getting the amount of teams that get in the field and I guess getting the seed that they're close to. But what you don't know is these these auto bids, right, Like I guess history will tell you if you win this league and you're the same, you've got the same profile that other winners of that league have had in previous years, then you're probably going to be slotted in the same on the same seed line that the previous winner of your league was. But anyways, Louisville seven seed. But the question that somebody asked me that that that nobody knows. Is there a resume, is there a game? Is there a scenario with the games remaining that Louisville could improve the resume enough to jump up to a six seed. I mean, I would say that if they continue to just take care of business, if they're able to just roll through, and I'm not saying they will, but if they're able to roll through the acc stretch here where they're playing all the bad teams, it's probably not going to do a whole lot to bump up their numbers, meaning the metrics, the net and the kN Palm. But if other teams in that area lose and maybe they get upset by bad teams, maybe that's when they could potentially jump up. But yeah, that's just an unusual situation for Louisville because typically in conference play, when you've got a month left, you have opportunities to go get wins with value. You've got losses out there that if you take them, they're not really going to hurt you because you know you're playing good teams. That's not where we are right now. You have very little to gain and a whole lot to lose with the remaining games on this schedule. There's nothing you can do about it. It's just it's just the situation that you're in Kentucky. They are at a sitting as a four seed according to Linardi, and they are the third four seeds. So I guess with their two losses, well, really their first they only have one loss. That's a bad loss. But really even the Arkansas loss doesn't look like a bad loss now because Arkansas looked phenomenal last night against Texas. They went down and beat beat Texas and Austin, and that's another good win for him, not an elite win, but certainly a quad one. And who knows, maybe Arkansas ends up making their way to the tournament. And let's see the other seed lines here. Let's say so again, this is one thing I wanted to This is what actually was looking for. Is the ACC Again, You've got four teams that are that are firmly in I'm sorry, three teams that are firmly in, and that is Duke Clemson in Louisville. And then after that's where here, here's what the bubble looks like. And I think, again I'm not on the committee, neither is Joelnardi, but I think this is this is probably what the committee where they would be at if they had to put this thing together today. The last four in is, in fact, the last team in the field is wake Forest. The other last teams enter Vanderbilt, San Diego State BYU, and then the first four out Arkansas. In fact, Arkansas is the first team left out right now Xavier and then SMU. So you've got wake Forest and SMU right now looking like they've got a I guess somewhat of a shot at making it. And then you've got the next four out so waiting to get into to the first four out is Pittsburgh and North Carolina, and I just again, I don't know how you do that unless one of those teams beats Duke. Because the league, like the teams who need to improve the resume to feels safer in the tournament, the league is just not giving you those opportunities this year to get wins with value because the league stinks. All right, quick break, We'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. It's coffee and Company. We are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 3: Ninety Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sound dramatic, but.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of time thinking about another man's growing today and I don't feel I don't.
Speaker 2: Feel wrong for it. That's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't feel wrong for it because it's an important growing Chucky Hepburn is an important piece to this program and he may be fine, And honestly, the overall situation from like an aerial view doesn't really seem super concerning. It's just that we know how important he is, and we know how we've already had some bad luck with injuries and.
Speaker 2: Panic hasn't said in yet.
Speaker 1: But I'm just scared, not because like I have a bad feeling about it or I'm hearing anything. It's just, you know, I mean, can I just say it out loud, like if this, if this was an injury, that like he couldn't play for a while because they got to do something like some kind of operation or he's got to go, he's gotta let it heal, and maybe by the time it's healed, it's too late in the season.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll never watch him play at Louisville again. That would be pretty sad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry, I'm just like, if you.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I cancel Christmas if that's that's that's the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, wouldn't that be awful? Because to be honest with you, and again, even talking about it at Easter and I'm acting like it's a foregone conclusion. I'm just saying, like, worst case scenario here is a really really worst case scenario. And that's because Chucky has become not just a hell of a player, I mean, he's the best player to play for Louisville. I mean, this is gonna sound crazy because again, people are gonna hear it the way they want to hear it. He's the best Louisville basketball player I think since probably since Terry Rose here, maybe Jordan Warre, Jordan Warri gets forgotten, but I think Chucky makes a bigger impact overall on the game than Jordan. And I know that Donovan played here, and again I love Donovan, but Donovan was a good player at Louisville, but he wasn't. Actually, let me back up, He's the best player since Carleige Jones, Carling Jones, another forgotten player who was actually really really good. I hate that we're gonna forget about some of these guys just because of that mac era. It just it's a blur for a variety of reasons because it was so good early and then not at all at the end, and then the global pandemic happened, which happens every one hundred years. But you know who else, like people probably rarely ever think about, who's that? Dwayne Sutton? I mean, yeah, Dwayne Sutton was a fan favorite, like he should be somebody that we remember as an all time fan favorite, A Louisville kid Goods where he worked his ass off.
Speaker 2: Someone.
Speaker 1: Let us sit around and think about Dwayne. Yeah, and Chuck, he's growing. I mean, now, it's not a good situation.
Speaker 2: For me right now.
Speaker 1: Wayne was a hell of a rebounder. Oh dude, just a dog. And he's somebody that when I you guys hear me say this a lot, I can be repetitive at times. I don't know if you guys have noticed that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you have.
Speaker 1: But he is somebody who knew who he was as a player and just did that. And that's a very undervalued asset that a player can have.
Speaker 2: He graduated from U of L. Right, yes, okay, and he was recruited by Rick.
Speaker 1: No no, So here's what happened. He went to Manuel High School. Was not even really I mean, he didn't get enough pub in the city LOUISLL. I know who he was because he was a good Division one player, but like his best offer was you in c Asheville, and he went to unc Asheville and was the I think he was the MVP of their conference tournament as a freshman and player of the year in the Big South.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: So then he hit the portal and what was his dream to play for Louisville, so he walked on for Rick, and then sure enough Rick neverck got to coach because Rick was fired the first year Dwayne was going to play. So his first year, his first year, Dwayne's was the David Paget year far playing at Louisville. And then he played in Max's first team, and then he was a key piece to Max's really good team that never got the tournament. And that's I'll be honest with you. I hate that those guys that were a part of teams in twenty twenty didn't get the extra year, but the guys who played the following year did that just never. I mean, those the experience was and I get it, like the experience was so different to where if you wanted to count that for a year like you would, you'd feel wrong. So we're gonna give him a extra year because we're trying to play college basketball while the global pandemic is going on. But also just because those guys got a regular season, meaning they got to you know, they got to have a full season's nobody's regular season wasn't finished. In fact, some of the smaller he's got conference tournaments in because this all took place during conference tournaments whenever they just you know, everything went to hell. So when that happened, I think the mindset was, well, those guys got a full season, they just didn't get the postseason.
Speaker 2: Well that's all.
Speaker 1: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Like that team was so.
Speaker 1: Special and I don't mean they would have won the national championship, but they were a really, really good group of guys that really were close. I mean, I love that team in twenty twenty, and they got no closure, Like they just came home and went into quarantine, and you know a lot of them never you know, literally they'd exhausted all all of their eligibility.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just as somebody who loves Louis of basketball, I keep mentioning the ten year drought now that we're on it's been ten years since louisvill made the second Weekend. It's just crazy how long it's been since we've really mattered in college basketball in March. But we actually have had some decent teams, good teams actually that just you know, like Rick's team in twenty seventeen, they got upset in the second round.
Speaker 2: That happens.
Speaker 1: MAX team probably would have been a three seed. They didn't even get a tournament. Carly Jones in the weird year that was COVID, he was a really, really good player, should have been acc Player of the Year, but he was robbed and Louisville got left out because they didn't play a bunch of games due to COVID and there were bid stealers. So it's not like louiell has been terrible the last ten years, but just because when you think about all the memories you have, like if you really do some deep thinking and you're a diehard fan, like you're not just gonna only think about the postseason, but the ones that really stick with you, like the all timers, well they have in common, meaning moments and players. It's all postseason INSTAA tournament stuff. So it's kind of stupid how we only value March. But it's also a weird thing that just kind of makes college basketball special in my opinion.
Speaker 2: But anyways, with.
Speaker 1: Chucky, he's one of the best players's played here in a long time, and he's one of the best point guards in the country, and he's become a fan favorite. I mean, you could tell he's been energized by this revival that Pat Kelsey's putting together. Right, I think it's one thing to say, hey, we're coming to the look to the vill and we're going to try to get this thing turned around. I think these guys have really kind of carried that with them as if that's the that's the that's the mindset, right, that's that's why, that's why we're here, not only to hopefully win games and have a great experience, but we want to bring this fan base back to life. And they have kind of slowly but surely seen it since they arrived. And I think Chucky, because he's your best player, he's the guy that really makes everything happen. He's he's he's become a fan favorite.
Speaker 2: And I mean.
Speaker 1: This scare has just made me appreciate everything about Chucky. Like, you know what else is great about Chucky?
Speaker 3: His name's Chucky.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a rare it's a rare guy to be a college basketball star and your guy, come on, Chucky, Like, Chucky's a fun name. I know some people think of the Chucky doll. Of course I was scared of it, so I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think what's.
Speaker 2: Cool They had that little cutout in the students.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the kind of stuff like the Chucky doll with the umbrella hat because because of rain Smith and it's raining, kid, me just just melt my heart.
Speaker 2: Why don't it all ties together so well?
Speaker 1: And again, these these thoughts, these feelings, that's what like I would be. I wouldn't need I wouldn't need some time if we lose Chucky. I mean, I'm gonna need some time, Austin, I mean, it's not gonna happen, Okay, Yeah, well, I mean, let's just hope.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of praying to the basketball gods been on. He went on my knees for for Chucky's growing.
Speaker 1: He could have my groin if he needs it. Yeah, I don't know if that's a thing. Can you can you replace someone's growing, but another man's growing. But if I needed to do it, I'll sacrifice my groin. I already got two kids and I'm not having anymore. You don't need it, actually, you know, I don't think it's possible. In fact, I know it's not possible to replace a groin. But I mean, and yes, for those on the text line, we don't even know.
Speaker 2: We have no clue.
Speaker 1: It could be he could be fine, but it's just how specialable player he is. If this is sort of, you know, not a good update that we get when we get one, I mean, that would be that would not only would it be a hit to this team to where they're clearly not the threat that they can be with him, but like, it would just be sad, and I've never really been. There have been some reasons to be sad this year, let's be honest, but Pat Kelsey, his demeanor, the way he carries himself, it's clearly infectious because these players have had a lot of reasons to legitimately feel sorry for themselves, but they've never once even let that into their mind because they're not victims. They I mean again that quote from Pat Kelsey last week in the article I believe it was from Matt Norlander at CBS Sports, Like that's like the most one of the most motivating and true things. Ever, whenever they had the injuries, they got blown out by Ole Miss and they're kind of you know, licking their wounds. He told his team, nobody cares about the problems you have, and half the people are happy that you have them, Like that like that hits, doesn't it like that? Like if if you have that onset and you just don't feel sorry for yourself and you just keep plugging away and working your ass off. There's no guarantee that everything's gonna work out, but like that's best case scenario. Don't worry about what you can't control. Two people have now accused this or accused me of making this show a funeral today, and that's not what I'm doing. You guys are now, you guys are being dramatic.
Speaker 2: No, no one's dying over there.
Speaker 1: I mean I might die if the groin isn't isn't isn't uh isn't healthy.
Speaker 2: We'll say the funeral for tomorrow that whenever we hear the news.
Speaker 1: And it was, and it was awesome last night. And I know the ACC network, obviously they're gonna hype up the ACC, but last night I don't even know who was on the call because he was actually pretty good. And I'm not just saying this because he was gassing up Chucky, which I'm gonna let you guys here it in just a moment. But but I also like, I like when the the analysts will call it like it is and whoever was doing color commentary former player, and I need to get these guys' names, because I this is I should know this, But I think the reason I can't think of it is because I've been up since three thirty. Because nonetheless, Randolph Childers is one of them, former Wake Forest player, but he was just he was acknowledging how bad the ACC is, which again, like nobody's dunking on the ACC. I know you work for the ACC, but like, the league will never get fixed if there's sensitivity about talking when it comes to talking about how bad things are, right like when like anybody, that's what just rubbed me the wrong way at the AEC basketball tip off whenever, instead of realizing, yeah, the league has fallen off and needs to get better, they just played victim and actually, like the NCAA needs to give us more respect, and you can cherry pick certain stats and numbers that will well, they've had this many teams in the Elite A, you know, the Final four, like okay, but like you you don't believe that, like you're you're using that to try to just hide from the fact that the league is quite literally nowhere near what it once was and yes, they may get like the same amount of tournament teams that the Big East gets, and people will probably use that as like, hey, the leagues everybody talking about about the AC scene, I got as many teams into the Big East. Well, okay, let's look at which teams get in, right, Like, you're gonna have potentially a one seed and then your best team after that is like it maybe an eight if things shake out a certain way. But Randolph Childers last night was actually, you know, kind of acknowledging not he wasn't piling on, but just acknowledging that the leagues down. And then I've yet to mention this on the show, but I know it's been a talking point among Louisville fans because we are now back in on bracketology, right, I mean, we're excited. We're excited to see where we are as far as this potential seed and where we could be playing, who we could be playing, all that kind of stuff. Well, there's an ESPN bracket out there that there's an ESPN bracketology out there that is I guess formula driven. It's not Joey Brackett's in the bracket bunker cranking out fresh sheets for you every day, updating seed lines, doing his thing. It's a poindex. They're crunching numbers. And I don't know who this guy is, but he keeps updates, eating the ACC bracketology, and I mean like he's he's acted as if Louisville had like a five percent chance to make the tournament based off of.
Speaker 2: His formula whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And look, he may be right, like if Louisville loses Chucky and they lose games and then clearly you know, then then that would change. But Louisville was like in the top twenty five, up to a five seed by some and he was he was looking at the numbers saying that Pittsburgh and Carolina based off his formula had a better chance of making it.
Speaker 2: Like it was asinine.
Speaker 1: So anyways, when it comes to that formula, it's By the way, the guy's name is Neil Payne. That's the guy who for ESPN is doing his own version. By the way, you've got Joey Brackett's why are you doing like you?
Speaker 2: Why are you? Why are you using a different guy to do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And I know he's from five thirty eight, which of course is a really popular analytics site. But anyways, last night, right enough childrens had no problem kind of like calling calling that guy's formula like we need a new formula. Which, again, that probably didn't stand out to a lot of people. It probably didn't even it wasn't even something that you noticed. And I don't want to make it seem as if they were just ragging on their employer, but it was refreshing for me to actually hear somebody acknowledge things that everybody knows is true, but they just live in their own universe. Speaking of that, there was a topic about that today on the show on the Morning on the News show about how people can claim that you're assigned a gender when you're born, but you're not. It's actually not real life. That's the world you live in. But anyways, the acc is bad and should be a lot better. That's not up for debate. But anyways, here is the announcer whose name I'm still searching for, just gassing up our board, Chucky, And clearly Louisville fans are going to eat this up because Chucky's our guy. But it is crazy that he was left off of the top ten finalists list for the Bob Coosey Award, and he was left off. Whatever the award's called for the defensive player of the Year, there's fifteen finalists and he's not one of them. And yet he leads the acc and deals and really has been a phenomenal defensive guard in college basketball since he arrived four years ago. Like, I don't think that these guys disrespected Chucky by looking at his numbers and and poopoo went on him. I think they absolutely just forgot about him for some reason, which is just as bad, I guess. But here is a here's our guy last night who had no problem talking about how great Chucky hebburn actually is.
Speaker 2: It seems to me no ice, so nothing nothing on a no wrap.
Speaker 4: I just think this could be just their up big and they want to wrest in that now.
Speaker 5: His head coach, Pat Kelsey was not happy with the Bob Coosey Award. Watch listen this week and we're in Boston, so we got to talk about the Bob Coosey Award, which goes to the nation's past point guard.
Speaker 2: Couzie.
Speaker 5: Of course, the legendary Boston South Tickett coach to the Eagles from sixty three to sixty nine, so they released the nation's top ten point guard and coach John Austin.
Speaker 2: Which we told you earlier.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, I'm with Kelsey who you can't find me.
Speaker 4: Ten better point guards than CHUCKI Hepburn well, and if you look at the list, there's a couple of conbo guards on there, but he Chucky Hepburn's impact on both ends of the ward, He's definitely top ten.
Speaker 2: I don't know who voted for that list, but that needs to be updated immediately. And I would add it seems to be no ice.
Speaker 1: I hate that it cut I hate that it cut off there because he ended up going on to say that not only should Chucky Hepburn be on the list, as far as one of the ten finalists, he legitimately should be considered to win the award, which is all true. So I'm just I'm worried. Part of this feeling makes me feel alive again, right Like I love this team. I love watching him play.
Speaker 2: I want him.
Speaker 1: I want him to succeed so bad. I believe in him. I'm alive again as a basketball fan when it comes to Louisville, and it's been a while, and I like that feeling. But there's also the downside of that. Right, I'm invested, and I I don't want Chuck. He's growing to be hurting him. Give me your pain, Chucky, I'll take it. He didn't actually look like he was in pain though, That's what has me joking.
Speaker 2: He's laughing around. Yeah, he's a good actor. So yeah, I mean, love you Chuck, pain tolerance, Love you Chucky.
Speaker 3: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 1: My man Austin's in his bag today. Let's go with the hits. Good stuff, good stuff. We don't have a whole lot of time left here in the four o'clock hours, so I'm gonna make it count. Uh So, two people have now mentioned that Javon Hadley said Chucky was gonna be okay after the game when he did his interview on But and I hope that that, like that does make me feel something. But I mean, I think because you could tell the sound I just played there, you obviously couldn't see it because it's sound. But when they're talking about Chucky being disrespected and being left off those lists that they start the conversation by mentioning that he seems to be okay, and it's because he looks fine, doesn't look like he's really hurt. And he's seemingly looking down the bench towards the end where the staff is and it looks like he's kind of giving somebody an indication that he's that he's okay. But maybe that's just him wanting to believe that. I mean, he may have no clue and then they find out, hey there's some there's there's an injury, like you no nobody, I mean last night, I don't think anybody knew exactly what was going on. I think what Pat Kelsey said after the game was the absolute truth. So anyways, I hope he's okay, but we shall see, all right. Uh So, there are certain foods that look disgusting but yet are really good. There's actually food out there that is that stinks but I enjoy. But I will never eat this food based specifically off of what it looks like. Oysters. Are you an oyster guy?
Speaker 2: As absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Don't you don't you agree that oysters are the grossest looking food. Maybe I'm sure you could buy something, you could find something grosser, I'm sure, but just like it's a pretty common food, especially in the seafood in the seafood world, and they just look absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girlfriend likes it too, or sorry, fiance, I'll get it right, Yeah, I gotta get it right. No, I just like the texture. You have to you have to slurp it. I'm not like a not a big fan of that. I think I remember at some fancy restaurant in New York a couple of years ago she took me to when nothing that I could pronounce was on the menu. The only thing I didn't know was like burger, and I know it still wasn't even like your traditional hamburger, but like I was introduced to ratituy gross, don't ever eat that. And also oysters. There was when I had it. I put it on a spoon and there was like some seasoning on it that was decent, and then it just it just didn't stick with me. It was kind of like a winning room type of thing. But it's nothing that I'll look out for. I know she always any worse you go, she'll see like the oyster spread and her eyes light up. And I know a couple of people are like that. But it's not me, dude. Oysters, clams and.
Speaker 1: Every aspect of it just seems disgusting. And even if it may taste good, I'll never know because I'm not gonna try it. But the reason I bring this up is because there's been an oyster recall, but it's a little too late, because there's some restaurants down in New Orleans with a bunch of people in town for the Super Bowl that we're already using the recalled oysters, and they've got a lot of people really really sick, apparently, like violently sick with food poisoning. We're talking explosiveness out of both ends, that kind of stuff. So again, real, they're gonna need the real super Bowl, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I stole that joke from Austin. He had that line earlier, get more reaction from it I got. I gotta give him credit. But what is there any other food you could think of that smells bad but is good? Because onions have a real stinch to them, but that's really mostly raw and hats. I hate onions too, No, I hate onions. The texture of an onion literally gives me the shivers. However, onion flavor stuff I really lie. Sure, Yeah, I'll throw some onion powder on something. I know we got a run, but I do want to say this, and I may have ruined this for some people. I've never had anybody try this and tell me that I'm wrong. A condiment that is super popular that I really like, but if you smell it, it doesn't smell good. You got to get close to it. Ketchup stinks, Ketchup kets. Yes, it just smells funny.
Speaker 2: I like Ketchup, I love Ketchup.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like when I eat Ketchup on a hot dog, on a Glizzie, that's the closest is my nose gets to ketch up, and I'm always reminded, Yeah, that doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's not a crazy stinch that doesn't smell good, all right, It's coffee and company. Feel about throwings Ready are on sports talk scept