Speaker 1: And hello, how are you. Huh it's Monday. Oh yeah, welcome to the Big Podcast Monday. Today's twenty first day of July. Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So where do you want to start today? Boys and girls. No, Epstein is still you know, it's still in the news. But that's not to start with today. We've got more on immigration and shooting of an immigration officer over the weekend in New York. We've got what else do we have got to I want to start with Tulsey Gabbard. Tolsey, you know, she's the Director of National Intelligence, and she now openly accuses Barack Obama of a long standing effort to overthrow Donald Trump, basically a coup, and talks about treasonous conspiracy theories. It's all about the Russian Russian Russian interference in the twenty sixteen election. And there's no question the Russians have been interfering in our elections long before twenty sixteen. They go back long before the Internet. So there's there's literally nothing new about all of that. I saw one of the on X. I put it on my I've reposted it so it would show up, but it was from Matt Walsh, and Matt Walsh said, unpopular opinion, But I don't care about this unless they actually arrest and prosecute the culprits, including Obama, you cannot allege a treasonous conspiracy and they do nothing about it. The typical pattern by Republicans since forever is to make these kinds of claims, which I don't doubt, by the way, but to make them on Twitter and Fox News and never actually bring it to a court of law so the party is responsible, can be held accountable for their crimes. I'm tired of it. Go arrest these people and bring them to justice, then I'll care. If you won't do that, then what does any of this matter? And I thought his tweet was it was my favorite one of all the difference because a lot of reaction about all of this and what Tulsea Gabbert has said she's done, She's done a criminal referral to the Justice Department about all of this, and what Matt Walsh is saying is, well, let's let's see if the Justice Department does anything. Will Pam BONDI will the Justice Department supposed to be so political, you know, are they going to actually do something? Do they really think this is a crime. So let's start off with Pelsea Gabbard and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 2: We had a sitting president of the United States and his cabinet and leadership team, quite frankly, who were not happy with the fact that President Trump had won the election, and so they decided that they would do everything possible to try to undermine his ability to do what voters task President Trump to do.
Speaker 1: So the way in and all this, let's start with Mark Theeson, former speech writer for w.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is really very important to get to the bottom of this because this is one of the worst political spannels of our lifetime. We were to, you know, for we spend two years and tens of millions of dollars investigating what turned out to be a conspiracy theory, which is that Donald Trump colluded with Russia to steal the twenty sixteen election. And it turned out it wasn't true. And there were a lot of Democrats were pushing this, a lot of people in the media were pushing it. But what was most insidious were the people in the intelligence community who would would basically were telling the American people a pernicious lie, which is you can't see it, but we've seen secret intelligence that suggests that the president was conspiring with Russia to steal the election, and it wasn't true. And you Brennan was one of the worst people involved in this. He called Trump a trader, said he had conducted, he had committed treason, that he was an agent of the of the Russian regime. And this is really bad because it calls in the question the intelligence community's credibility. And so we got to get to the bottom of who did this, who is behind it, and find out why and called them out.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Democrats and the Intel Committee, Jim Hines, Congressman from Connecticut, is the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, and this is his reaction.
Speaker 4: What you saw from the Director of National Intelligence, Tulsea Gabbard was not just a lie, but a very dangerous lie, because when you start throwing around language like sedition and treason, somebody's going to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Okay, So who do you believe, you believe the Democrat, the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee, or do you believe Tulci Gabbert, the Director of National Intelligence. Well back to Mark THESM for his.
Speaker 3: Reaction, So I'm sorry. John Brennan accused Donald Trump of treason. Adam Schiff accused Donald Trump of treason. Eric Swalwell said he was an agent of a foreign power. So for them to say that Tulsi Gabbert is politicizing intelligence, they weaponized intelligence against the president of the United States. And look, there's two different things that are going on here. There's the question of whether Russia tried to interfere in the twenty sixteen election, would they did, and would I would remind everyone that Donald Trump launched a cyber attack against the troll farm in Saint Petersburg responsible for that election interference. So Donald Trump actually was the one taking that more seriously than the Democrats. Donald Barack Obama didn't do that. But there's the question of whether Donald Trump conspired with Russia in that interference to help it to steal the election, which has been proven to be an absolute lie.
Speaker 1: And the Democrats pushed.
Speaker 3: That lie all the you know, Blumenthal, Warner, a Shift, Swallwell all went out and said there was evidence, secret evidence that Donald Trump had conspired with Russia, and it wasn't true, and we need to find out what the source of those lies are, what were they seeing if they did see anything in the intelligence community that turned out to be false, So we can get so we can restore the credibility of the intelligence community. Yeah, so CIA Director Ratcliff actually just put out a report on this, and what if you look at that report, the evidence for the interference, the idea that they that they were interfering the election is clear, but whether they favored Trump. A lot of that was driven by the Steele dossier. And there was a huge fight within the intelligence community about whether to include the Steele dossier, which was paid for by the Clinton campaign, which was political opposition research that turned out to be untrue, to include that in the intelligence assessment of the intelligence agencies. And it was the FBI and Brennan who were pushing to included and the intelligence professionals were saying, that doesn't it's not it shouldn't be in there. So we need to get to the bottom of that as well.
Speaker 1: So who do you believe? You got Thesian on one side, You've got all kinds of accusations, You've got Jim Hines on the other side, Matt Tayeeb, who is the independent journalist. He's the guy, one of the two that Elon must brought in to open up the files of Twitter when he bought it. So he professes to be an independent journalist. Let's see what Matt Tayeebe has to say, because he's looked into this as well.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 6: So, the last major revelation that came out was that John Brennan and James Comey were the focus of criminal investigations that have been opened by the Justice Department. But these new documents that were released by Tulca, Gabbard and the Director of National Intelligence make it clear that the investigation is now aimed at the Obama White House, and in particular at Barack Obama because of decisions that were made in early December of twenty sixteen to suppress the Presidential DL briefing and go ahead and order a new intelligence community assessment that ultimately would have much more aggressive conclusions about Trump and Russia. Yeah, that's a complaint. I heard a lot over the weekend from people who have been following this, and even from former.
Speaker 1: Officials who are close to Trump. There.
Speaker 6: One of them said to me, a former high ranking Trump official said there was quote so much corruption and the last Trump presidency, that this shouldn't have been overlooked, that these documents should have come out. Absolutely, But the overall sense I get is that everyone's happy that they finally are coming out and they're looking forward to what is likely to come out this week.
Speaker 2: So it's both.
Speaker 6: The Democrats are making a lot of hey over this apples and oranges issue. That there was never any question that they didn't actually change vote tallies, but they did influence the election. Actually, there was some question about whether they had the ability to influence the election. There were quotes earlier from that from that year with the FBI saying they didn't have any evidence that they had done so, and they were uncomfortable making that statement. There were also quotes saying that they lacked evidence that Russia had the ability to out to impact the outcome of the election. So all of this would have been passed on to somebody like Michael Flynn because presidents elect entitled to receive the Presidential Daily Briefing. That's why this is important. It's not so much what the PDB did say, it's what it didn't say. It didn't say that there was a sweeping conspiracy to help Trump and if they had that, it would have been a very different political picture going forward.
Speaker 1: So now we wait and we watched to see what happened. Since Telti Gabber gave a criminal referral to the DOJ, will they actually do anything? As Matt Walsh previously said, And if they don't, I'm kind of with him. You know, it's fascinating, but you need to have you need to bring it to court. And this could mean bringing former President Barack Obama into court and flushing this out to find out just exactly what happened. As far as the election goes, I think it was clear the Russians they've always interfered with our elections. They've tried. Did they change the outcome of the vote? I don't think so. It's not that it's the question about There were meetings in the Oval Office with Barack Obama and his top people, and they were worried because Donald Trump had been elected, and they were worried about what should we share with him as far as our national intelligence. He's the elected, he's the president elect, and they were worried about should we share with him any of our national intelligence? So something was up. They did not like the results. Obviously they were hoping for Hillary and they got Donald Trump. So will they bring it to court or not? Will this wind up in front of a judge? I kind of hope, so I would love to find out what this is all about in an impartial courtroom. So that's the big stinker that started off this Monday. Immigration is another big stinker because over the weekend, there was a off duty a Border Patrol officer UH and a friend. They were over by the Hudson River in area of New York City that is considered to be fairly safe, but it's it's in a park area, and it's at late at night. I forget it was before midnight or after midnight, but it was right. I think it was after midnight, but it was the middle of the night, and I'm thinking, what was he doing there with his friend? It's dangerous. I mean, you got to you can't be stupid. So these two guys stop and they tried to rob the Border patrol guy and guns came out and the Border Patrol officer was shot right in the face. He's alive, but now the investigation is to who were the robbers. Well, they've picked up both of them, and both of them are illegals, and both of them have been deported numerous times before. Let's pick this up with Christy Nome, who came to New York City today to basically hold a news conference talking about this.
Speaker 7: My hope is that this would wake up these individuals and they would recognize that they can't keep letting these dangerous criminals go free. They can't continue to let these individuals be brought in for crimes they're committing against the public and then releasing them right back onto the streets with no consequences whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So the figure is now being pointed at sanctuary cities, sanctuary city rules New York City in particular, because of the fact that they have no cash bail. People get arrested and they get turned around and sent right back out of the jail. I mean it's instant, and so these people know there are no consequences and they go back out and they commit more crimes. So this particular crime is who knows how many other crimes these two guys have committed the past. Here's Tom Holmans, who also came to New York for the news conference today.
Speaker 5: Sanctuary cities are now our priority who's going to flood his own You don't want to let us in the jail to arrest a bad guy in the safety and security of a jail. You want to release them into the street where he makes it unsafe for the community, makes it unsafe for the officer, makes it unsafe for the ailing.
Speaker 1: That is the baffling part about all of these sanctuary city rules is that it would be much safer for ICE to come over to the jail and take custody of somebody that's in a local jail in whatever city it might be, transfer the person into the custody of ICE and let ICE bring them to a deportation center and send them out of the country. But no, they turn them back onto the streets, and then the police have to get chase him back down again. Ice has to chase him back down. Then you get all the people rioting about it. By the way, the whole the whole h polling about Donald Trump and his efforts to deport people. It's turning sour on him. It literally is going south. People are look at it's not a pretty job to go out and arrest these people. And then you get them fighting the police and fighting Ice and people look at that and go, oh, yeah, I want to deport people that are not supposed to be here, but oh, that seems awfully harsh. It is a harsh job. But people are starting to look at it and go, I don't know about this. I don't like it. This is where Donald Trump was by far the number one reason why he was elected. But once the people see the actual sausage being made, they don't like it. Okay, so they may not like it to these numbers. This is a I see the source of this poll to see an end. Poll says Trump immigration policies increase ICE budget by billions of dollars. Fifty three percent oppose that, try to end birthrights citizenship fifty nine percent oppose that, build new detention centers fifty seven percent oppose that, and detain undocumented immigrants with no criminal record fifty nine percent oppose that. So people are going, well, well, what about these nice people wanted Maria and they just came here for a better life. They're here illegally and they are being picked up and being deported, and people are going, I don't know about that, So I can you can see it in all the polling. It's all starting to shift. We'll see how long the public really does turn on this immigration issue. Ben Dominich, who was the founder of the Federalists, he had this reaction to what he's watching as the public is starting to get the heavy GBS about immigration enforcement.
Speaker 8: It really does, and unfortunately, I think that it's events like this that illustrate for us the terrible consequences of the decisions that have been made by blue state and blue city politicians across this country repeatedly when it comes to allowing this type of criminal element to run rampant throughout our cities in ways that don't just endanger the people. They don't just endanger the folks who are just trying to go about their daily business, endangers everything about our structure and our way of life. I think that this is something that is truly almost an act of terror against community, against neighborhood, against belief that you can walk along our city streets and neighborhoods without being threatened by people who should not even be here in the first place, people who are capable of incredible criminal acts. Look, I read with disgust this story about the horrible person who apparently you put this woman in a bleach barrel for two months. I mean, these are not the kind of people who we want in our neighborhoods. And so to have to accept this Democratic fiction that everyone who is here illegally is somehow just some migrant worker trying to make their way and have their find their way within the American dream, and that kind of thing, it's absolute bs and we shouldn't accept it. These are not people who should be here. We should be finding them, we should be rounding them up, and we should be deporting them as quickly as possible. And frankly, I think that the key reason that Donald Trump is the president of the United States today is because he understood this during the four year period where we saw the rampant illegal nature of the border under Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: No question about it, it was clearly the number one issue that led Trump voters to vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: Back to Ben, I just think that this is a situation where the Democratic Party needs to understand if they want to be a majority party, if they want to be some party that appeals to the middle of America, they're not going to be able to be a party that includes the likes of Zoron Lundani. They're going to be the kind of party that says that is something that does not exist within our ranks, and it's not something we're going to accept. It's certainly not something we're going to endorse. And as long as they understand, as long as they do not understand that they are going to be a minority party in this country because the American people are going to reject it as the nonsense that it is.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how this fits right here, but we'll put it in here. Hunter Biden was giving an interview with a three hour interview apparently on some place I don't know, YouTube or somewhere, but he's talking about immigrants, and if you listen to what he has to say, we have to bleep out. The guy has the potty mouth of the century. Apparently he's weared like a banshee. Anyway, Regardless of that, he's talking about immigrants as if they are all basically servants, and that he he doesn't have any respect for an immigrant, He doesn't have any respect for people from other countries that there are that they can do anything other than basically mow your lawn and clean your clothes. Listen to what Hunter Biden had to say, people.
Speaker 9: Are really upset about illegal immigration. You how do you think your hotel room gets cleaned? How do you think you've got food on your table? Who do you think washes your dishes? White men in America are forty five more times likely to commit a violent crime than an immigrant. If I became president in two years from now or four years from now or three years from now, I would pick up the phone and call President al Salvador and say, you either send them back or I'm going to invain.
Speaker 1: Did I hear him say that when he becomes president two years or three years or four years from now? Does he think he's going to be president? I think he does. He's not really representing the Biden family all that well, never has, and the Demo are having in trouble also trying to get some warmth from the American public. There was a bit it's been one year from today that Joe Biden stepped down and said, no, I'm not going to run again. He finally came to that conclusion on July twenty first, twenty twenty four, and so it's been one year and the question is what are the Democrats going to do about getting another leader. Well, Caroline Downey is a writer for National Reviews, so she hangs out on the right side of the aisle. Julian Epstein, I've always admired him. He's a big he represents Democrats, he always has. He always has a spin to the left. But even that he kind of surprised me. So here's Caroline Downey and Julian Epstein on where the Democrats are in twenty twenty five, one year after Joe stepped down. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, Amy Klobashar is right that despite the party's abysmal polling, there's a lot of Democrats enthusiasm heading into the midterms, when Democrats may very well show up with Gusto to counter Trump. But what might undercut that, Harris, is the fact that the Democratic coalition is being torn apart by horses galloping in different directions. They lost the working class and many members of the minority community because they were pushing cultural Marxism. But then there's another part of their coalition, the youth, and they lost a lot of them because they weren't woke enough. So the Democrats are between a rock and a hard place. That David hog Saga was a microcosm of this issue, and that's why twenty twenty six may not be a total wipeout for the Republican Party, because there is this battle between the mom donni voters, the activist class that increasingly calls the shots, and those that they lost, the disillusioned ex Democrats, the working class that fled to Trump.
Speaker 11: Well, Caroline Downy with some Forariz.
Speaker 12: Don't think things look very good for the Democrats right now, and I don't think they will until you have a Sister Soldier moment where you move back to the political center. I think the story for the Democrats in twenty twenty four is that they lied to the public about the condition of President Biden. I think the story of twenty twenty five is that they're lying to themselves. The numbers that you put up earlier in the segment, Harris are record low numbers for any major political party. I haven't seen numbers that low ever for any political party.
Speaker 1: And what the.
Speaker 12: Democrats don't seem to be admitting to themselves is that the public doesn't like their tactics. They don't like the obstructionism, they don't like the constant negativity, they don't like the anger the cringe street protests. There's nothing about the Democratic Party that people can identify today that is positive, that it's constructive, that it's building anything. That's the first point. The second point is the public doesn't like what the product that the Democrats are selling. They don't like an expanded welfare state. Most voters are very suspicious of larger government, notwithstanding what's happening in New York. Most voters don't like identity politics. But this is the language. This is the vocabulary of the contemporary Democratic Party, and it's not a language, it's not a program, it's not a set of tactics that you can take out to the larger public. So while the Democrats may have a better situation in twenty twenty six and twenty four only because you have lower voter participation, the fundamental problem of the Democratic Party is one of denialism. They're denying what's causing them so much problems.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you both have done a yeoman's work on the forensics and all of this, But if you're comparing twenty six to twenty vishes now the DNC is working to run or whether Kamala Harris has being like eating at a this.
Speaker 10: Doesn't look like an autopsy, Harris, so much as a fig leaf designed to cover cracks in the party. And in that sense, I actually think that making Biden the central story would not have helped all that much. We don't need an autopsy to tell us whether Biden should have run or not. Everybody knows the answer to that. That's pretty obvious. And actually I think it would have given the elites in the Democratic Party apparatus cover not to investigate the underlying causes of their loss, which is their extreme policies. And I also want to say that historically speaking, autopsies don't always hold a lot of water. In twenty twelve, after Mitt Romney lost, the GOP put out a similar report saying that the party should really go soft on immigration and forget about the working class and be more inclusive. In twenty sixteen, Trump won after he ignored most of the conclusions in that report. Another word of caution.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, the betting website poly Market posteds in at six percent for the Republican this and I know the tired refrain of it's too far out, but is it really? Because you've got Trump coming off the ticket, and he's had a lot of victories lately. What does that look going forward? Don't you want to have somebody at least in mind.
Speaker 12: If you're asking me, Harris, I think the Republicans have a deep bench. I think jdve answers no question, he's a compelling candidate. He is shown broaduct deal. I think same with Marco Rubio. I don't think that's the case with the Democrats. And I don't mean to keep dumping on Democrats, but Gavin Newsom has been drenched in wokeness and he's only trying to reinvent himself now, but he seems very inauthentic when he is attempting to do that. Cortes aoc she has a lot of enthusiastic support from a very very narrow segment of maybe five to ten percent of voters. There is no candidate that has emerged that has sort of the capability, the capacity of somebody like Bill Clinton who can unify the party but steer the party to the center and appeal to the common sense instincts of American voters. So I think the Democratic Party is again is in denial right now.
Speaker 1: So to review. The Director of National Intelligence says a criminal referral for the Obama White House and specifically Barack Obama on whether or not they tried to form a coup to overthrow the elected president. In twenty sixteen, we have the immigration issue is not getting better, and the focuses on the sanctuary cities, and Tom Homan is focusing on the sanctuary cities, and the sanctuary cities are fighting back as hard as they can. The Democrats trying to figure out, one year after Joe stepped down, what they want to do from here. They're still looking around Wall Street today, not a lot of move but the Dow down nineteen to close forty four three twenty three, rest of the market up s and P up eight, Natdack up seventy eight, the price of gold up fifty two dollars back above thirty four hundred and thirty four to ten, and oil fell just twenty five cents sixty seven dollars for one barrel of oil. So that's what we got for you today. Thank you for coming by on this Monday. Hope to see well, we're going to try it again tomorrow. Hope to see them