Speaker 1: Ideas that may come up on the show. Now, I had a dream last night for a great bit idea, and sometimes ideas for bits on the show come to me in a dream, and I said, God, remember that, remember that, remember that, remember that. And I woke up this morning only remembering that I had a great idea. So what I do is if I come up with an idea, I say, Jenny, write it down here some of the latest ideas. Yes, number one, I'm going to challenge all of you, vaunt, Jenny and Bailey to get the name Dave, my name tattooed on your inner forearm, probably about three or four inches long. Whoever will do it for the least amount of money from me gets the money. So let's just play this game a little bit right now, ok to Bunch not here, he's in the other room. But Jenny and Bailey, how much would I have to pay you to get in any font you want, any font you want, the name Dave, that's me tattooed on your left inner forearms.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars dollars.
Speaker 1: But you would do it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: You have to start super fucking high high way too low. Now you're okay, it doesn't matter because I was going to say two hundred thousand, and now she started solow it doesn't even matter, but you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't I wouldn't have pay you two hundred thousand. No, I can know that I could pay you like easily, you do it for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm saying that there's a negotiation process that's happening right here. So we had to start high and gauge like your temperature of how much you were going to be willing to pay us.
Speaker 1: I've also heard never make the first cash offer. You always say what will you pay me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So then then say you're supposed to go like that's a bunch of shit. So let's have this conversation again. We'll try this is negotiating one oh one, presented by katwb. Okay, so I want a tattoo, get tattooed on your arm?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 1: What would you charge me to have you do that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, Dave, how much will you pay us?
Speaker 1: A thousand dollars? And then you go then you go fucking thousand dollars? No way. Yeah, And because that makes the person that made the first off for go oh she is. So let's say with buying your cousin's lawnmower. Okay, and I'm going to sell you a lawnmower. How much, Bailey, how much do you want to pay me for the lawnmower?
Speaker 2: How much are you willing to sell it for?
Speaker 1: Now, that's exactly what you're supposed to do, that's exactly what So you never named the first number.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Ask me that again.
Speaker 2: How much are you willing to sell it for?
Speaker 1: Two undred dollars?
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm about two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say. Two hundred dollars. And see that's I'm not going to be mad about it. So two hundred dollars. Yeah, that doesn't seem like that's a good price for me. No, that's far too high.
Speaker 1: Not exactly the right ray. Now, I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, but I think that you express disgust and shock. Then they feel embarrassed that they said way too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, so give it to me again, okay, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Okay, selling your lawn, I'm going to sell you my used bowling ball. Use bowling ball it's a ten pounder. I want to sell it to you. Do you want to buy the bowling ball?
Speaker 2: Well? What are you looking to sell it for?
Speaker 1: Mmmmmm oh? Twenty five bucks?
Speaker 2: Twenty five dollars? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: For a balling?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: You're you're right? Okay, I'll give it to you for five dollars. See how you've immediately brought the price down from twenty five dollars to five dollars.
Speaker 2: That's my reaction, correct.
Speaker 1: Because you made me go, oh okay, now let's try it again. Let's try it again with you naming the first price. I're going a bowling ball. I'm going to sell you my bowling ball. It's a nice ten pound bowling ball. How much do you pay for it?
Speaker 2: I'll give you three dollars for it?
Speaker 1: Three dollars? What the fuck are your fucking nuts? Now? How do you feel?
Speaker 2: You're like, well, five five dollars.
Speaker 1: See, I've got the price up right away.
Speaker 3: I feel like shit at that point, because it doesn't matter. You didn't gain or lose anything in that moment. You just try to negotiate. I'm a Facebook marketplace whore, Okay, I know.
Speaker 2: How this game works. I literally I know.
Speaker 4: How it works. We went and got a shelf this weekend.
Speaker 1: I was so proud shelf.
Speaker 4: I was so proud of anw shelf.
Speaker 3: Because we went to pick it up up and fucking god knows where Blaine somewhere really far away, and he gives them twenty bucks and it's the shittiest shelf I've ever seen in my life. But it was for the garage to like hold shit on whatever. Yeah, And I go, how much did you have that listed for? He goes he had it for fifty and then he dropped it down to twenty and I was like, and you paid him twenty. He's like, well, no, I offer ten and he said no. And I was like, all right, that's my boy, Okay. I proud of him because I was like, you never ever offer the price that they haven't listening, really none. If he's with Maria place, there's always room for negotiation, and if they care, they'll if they just want to get rid of it, they'll.
Speaker 1: Get rid of it.
Speaker 4: They get rid of it, yes, And if they don't, then they'll be like no, sorry.
Speaker 1: I would agree because there are certain things in my house as long as you're willing to haul it away. I'll give it to you for five bucks. Like, for example, I've got Carson's old skateboards, my old skateboards. They're great skateboards, like two hundred dollars skateboards. I don't want them anymore. Carson doesn't want him anymore. I'd give you the whole bunch just to take them away for probably ten bucks. So I just want to get rid of them. So right, did you learn anything negotiating skills here on KWB.
Speaker 2: Out haggling one on one for the first topic of conversation podcast?
Speaker 1: And I think it works in a salary situation too. Let's say, IM going to hire you for the Dave Ryan Show. Bailey, You're hired for the Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much are you gonna give me?
Speaker 1: How much do you want to make?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly? Yeah, exactly? Yeah? Yeah? Right? Okay, good yea, all right, here we go. In the first email, Hey, Gang, I want to say I absolutely love Jannita's corner. She gives off that auntie vibe where we all gather around her like kids as she sits in a big rocking chair and tells us modern cautionary tales of how not to be a dumbass in our society. Ha ha. I am here for it and I'm happy, Dave that you gave one Nita a voice and part of the Minnesota Goodbyes staff writer Allison, Yeah, we love Wanita too. She seems like the kind of woman that I would just hang out with. Yeah, we'd, you know, we'd sit somewhere at Chili's and make fun.
Speaker 2: Of people, talk shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right. A totally different topic from Alexis. You guys were speaking about National parks and let me tell you, off season is a must. I don't want to overkill the topic of angels landing, but like everybody else is saying, do it, I've done. It's one of my favorite hikes I've ever completed. Every year for my anniversary by now fiance, we go to in September to parks it's basically off season and it makes it so much more enjoyable. We book shuttles, any pass reservations, etc. In advance. Every year I go on my annual camping trip with three friends. Three friends in mid late May. Last year we went to the mighty five Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef Canyon, Lands and Arches I didn't know they're called the mighty five. I like that. Maybe try out the Narrows if you can. Last year the waters were too far high for us to do it. Of the five parks, you really don't need more than a day or two Aside from Zion. My goal is to go to as many national parks in my lifetime before the inevitable happens with natural disasters, more crowding, etc. Anyway, planning ahead and early is the key. And a question for you guys, where's the next place you want to travel to or where is your dream destination? For me, it would be Switzerland or the Swiss Alps. That's a good one. Love all that you guys do. You never fail to make a smile and laugh every time I listen. All right from Alexis, Thank you Alexis. That's very nice. Jenny, Where do you want to go next?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I am going next pretty much to what she exactly just described is the what.
Speaker 4: She called the something five, the mighty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on our list is Zion, Bryce, Canyon, Capitol, reef Arches, Canyon Lands, and then some other ones in between. But we're hitting all those in Utah. So that's next on my list, and then my dream is Norway.
Speaker 1: It really that's cool. It really makes me realize how much of the country I haven't seen is. While I've been to you know, the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone, I've never been to Archers At Arches, I've never been to Zion, never been to Yosemite. I want to go to the Cascades. I've been up that way to Seattle. Yeah, but I really want to go ride a motorcycle through the Cascades. Would be so beautiful, they really would, And I don't know when I'll ever get a chance to do it unless I didn't have a job anymore, because with our we cannot take more than a week off at a time. So that means the best we could ever do is Friday afternoon to the next Sunday night. So what is that. To get out to Oregon takes a good two days of driving two days driving back. Now that means you got five days out there, which is not out of the question. But I don't really want to have to do that much driving, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's a lot of fucking Where do you want to go, Bailey?
Speaker 2: I mean within the United States, I've I've wanted to go see Graceland with my mom because we really love Elvis, and just in general, like Tennessee. There's a lot of places I'd like to go see in Tennessee, but like dream Tokyo Disney, really go to Tokyo Disney so badly. I avoid watching like videos of Tokyo Disney because I know when I go, I want it to be a surprise and I want it to all be like new novel experience and I freaking love Disney and Tokyo Disney is like top quality park. That's where I want to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, naxt next email, Let me tap the right tab here. Hello, Love the Minnesota Goodbye listen almost every day coming home from work. One topic from the Morning Show that just popped into my head was whether or not checks is a kid cereal. I remember hearing this topic on the show years ago. Not sure why it's stuck on my head. I don't remember this one. I'd love to get updated thoughts on this question from you, Dave, Jenny Bailey, and Vant. For the record, I think checks should not be classified a kid cereal. Yes, kids can probably do eat it, but it would generally be considered a Blander adult cereal, Thank you, Bailey, And I would say Checks is definitely not a kid cereal. Yeah, because it's not a fun cereal like fruity Pebbles is a kid cereal.
Speaker 2: If they have like a puzzle on the back of the box, then it's a kid cereal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Checks just has the recipe for puppy chow. They don't have anything fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna read what they say are the best kid cereals? Uh from eat this, not that it looks like here we go, cinnamon toast crunch. Oh, I love it kid cereal, honey nut cheerios. Now, I don't know if I agree with that one cinnamon life this must be Okay, these are healthy cereal, not popular. Okay.
Speaker 2: I have a question while you're looking that up. Yeah, how often do you two eat cereal?
Speaker 1: Never? Never?
Speaker 2: Exact? Okay, So what if here's a hot take. What if cereal period is kid cereal? Like all cereal is for kids, not for kids. But you know what I mean, Like I don't ever eat cereal because I don't know many adults who do eat cereal. Because I feel like cereal is inherently for youths.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree. But I do know some people who as adults do very frequently eat cereal really yeah, very frequently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never do.
Speaker 3: I don't eat it because I can't stop myself. I can't just like have a bowl, and so like I'll go in for a second bowl and then the next I know, like I've ate a ton of sugar. Because, to be honest, the only good cereal out there is the sugary clients.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here are I've pulled up a graphic of cereals for kids. Capt'n Crunch, Yes, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, Cookie Crisp. Yeah? Is that even made anymore? Reese's Pups pop puffs tricks, they are literally four kids, and I think honey smacks, and there's a kit kat cereal sugar SMAs. Remember what they call them? Sugar?
Speaker 2: My sister liked them. I never liked sugar smacks. I thought they were gross.
Speaker 1: They used to also call frosted flakes sugar frosted flakes. Really yeah, kellogg sugar frosted flakes. But they've taken sugar, yeah, because they had a mascot sugar Bear and sugar bear would talk about sugar frosted flakes alpha bits. Do they still make alphabets?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let me look, there's so many new alphabets had Was it just that or did they have the marshmallows too?
Speaker 4: Didn't they have both kinds?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. Cereal, Yeah, alphabets is still a thing. Is an excellent source of vitamin D. It is also called frosted alphabits, and it contains frosted animal shape or alphabet shape multi grain cereal bits. I think a lot of people eat cereal kind of as a snack. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like most of us might go to the fridge and get like I don't know, I'm gonna make a cheese sandwich or get some summer sausage or something. People will be like, ah, I'm kind of hungry. I want to snack and sit down and have cereal because it's probably not the worst possible snack you could have, right, but it's definitely not a healthy one.
Speaker 4: Say, I don't think it's that healthy.
Speaker 3: There's this new cereal that or maybe it's not that new, but it's actually getting like into Targets and cub Now it's called Magic Spoon and it's higher in like your fiber intake, your protein, whatever the pro it's the main thing.
Speaker 4: It's fucking nine nine a box for least small boxes of it.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it was so salty because they had it at Costco for a little bit where you actually got it for like a decent deal.
Speaker 4: And now it's gone.
Speaker 3: And I did buy one box because it's on sale for eight forty nine at Target the other day, but that was it. So that's the extent of the cereal I've ate in years. But that's suspensive. It's a I don't know they branded it, they at least branded it, but I'm pretty sure it's healthy because my fitness people told me.
Speaker 2: That they eat it.
Speaker 1: Well, there are healthy cereals, but there are some that we perceive as healthy that really are not, like wheaties, like probably wheaties, I don't know, like wheaties. There's like a musli you ever heard of muselei m u s l i X No. I don't know if they make it anymore, but I think there are some that are healthy, Like I think, what is it not? Uh miniwheats or what's the one. It's a big brick of like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I was just trying to think of. What redit we Yes, we got like frosty and on one.
Speaker 1: Some do and some don't. Yeah, those are so good though. We used to get those when I was a kid. My dad did the shopping, and Dad was a very health economy minded person. We got cornflakes, we got cheerios. Once in a while he would buy us applejacks, but a lot of the time he'd buy grape nuts. And I remember one time the grape nuts would sit in the cupboard for so long that you know, the only one that ate him was Dad. But if you was nothing else in the house to eat, you would pour a bowl of grape nuts. And I remember one time I poured the bowl of grape nuts, poured the milk, and a dead worm floated to the top, A lot a weevil, a wevel floated to the top. Yeah, no, I did not eat the evil. Bailey. All right, next one, we're gonna get one more take on the construction workers leaning around on shovels, so whatever. H To answer your question, A lot of the time when you see cones up and nobody working is more likely due to construction companies waiting for approvals on everything or things that are not going planned as planned. Most of the time, the construction companies are ready to get going, but they can't because they need to wait for approvals from whomever. Yes, Dave, your joke made me laugh. I was listening to a podcast. I was standing here waiting for concrete. Perfect timing. Hope you guys have a great weekend. I don't know what joke it was that made you laugh. Well, shoot, Jenny, if vont sits during the show, you should tape an airhorn to it so when he sits it scares the hell out of him. He did you so wrong today. It was so funny. They got into a dumb argument last week. Vonn was saying, Jenny, you don't work very hard, and it just went on and Bailey and I just sat there and just watched it like a tennis match. And that is going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Let us know. If there's anything that you want to talk about and anything that's stuck out, you want to bring up something, you want to give us your negotiating tips, then let us know. Send your email to Ryan Show at KATIEWBT dot com. Always loved doing The Minnesota Goodbye because it's just as much fun. For one. We love doing show too. But the thing we love about The Minnesota Goodbye is we are the audience, We really are, because we get to see what you right being a staff writer. So if you're a staff writer and you haven't written in a while, you have an obligation to earn and keep that sticker or we will revoke that sticker.
Speaker 2: Well, come and take it back from you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna peel it right off your Stanley. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KADWB dot com