Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I remember there was a Southwest flight I was on and it was canceled and I went up to the gate and I went up to the desk and I said, hey, you know I missed my flight.
Speaker 3: I paid a couple hundred dollars. Can I get my money back? And it was no, speak English.
Speaker 2: No, no, thank you for jumping in on that one.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: All right. It is a Wednesday morning, Monday, Wednesday morning, October thirtieth, and O what a week we have coming up next Tuesday and then and then it's going to be over for the most part.
Speaker 3: Now, actually it won't.
Speaker 2: Because you're going to talk about the lawsuits. I don't know if you're sick about this election coming up. Not well, sick on a number of different levels depending on which side you're on, but just exhausted. You've ever seen a more exhausting presidential I haven't.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is Halloween, so I thought we would Hey, guys, I thought we'd all dress up because this is radio and no one can actually see us, So why don't we do this, Why do we not dress up and just describe our costumes that we're not wearing, and then we'll have a costume party and whoever does the best job of describing a costume that he or she is not wearing gets a fictional prize.
Speaker 3: There's a lot you can do with radio. You know that, don't you. Good morning Easy.
Speaker 4: I go dressed as no George Clooney each year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it works, right, Everybody instantly recognizes you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just put on the jacket.
Speaker 5: In all seriousness. Though, a few years ago, Neil went as Guy Fieri, the guy from All Food Network. It was freaky. I thought Guy Fieri was at our event.
Speaker 3: Neil is very good at this stuff. He really is a me.
Speaker 2: He is really good, you know, as a kid, and we used to do this and I'll well, let me say hello, kno, hello and hello okay, uh yeah, okay, fine, I done that. Now, back to costumes as a kid. A lot of the time, when I was a youngster and others, you dress up as as a woman, you borrow some of your mom's clothes and that would be your costume. That would just consider just one of those costumes. Today you try that.
Speaker 3: Really, I didn't know you felt that way.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: You put on your mom's clothes and your protected class.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: A different situation.
Speaker 2: That's true. You put on your dad's clothes. I didn't know you felt that way. You put on your AD's close the police come out and immediately arrest him.
Speaker 3: There's a lot you can't do anymore.
Speaker 6: You remember when I dressed up as you a bazillion years ago.
Speaker 4: I think I was really new.
Speaker 3: And you wore a fat suit, didn't you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did. That's back when when.
Speaker 2: It's true you were big and I did he did, Remember, well, I weighed over. I weighed over three hundred pounds. You've heard me do the commercials, and it.
Speaker 6: Is finding that picture. And I had a handful of dollar bills. And the funny thing was, I remember rich Verada and everybody died because the shirt I chose to wear was almost identical to the one.
Speaker 4: You were actually wearing that day.
Speaker 3: That's serenific.
Speaker 6: Find that it was so long ago. I think I had a polaroid of it.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that is so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there's we shild God, I wish we had kept archives. Remember the Beijing Olympics with that little girl with the page boy haircut in the red red dress saying the Chinese national anthem.
Speaker 3: Well there was.
Speaker 2: We used to do events every year, which are an enormous amount of work, and we don't do them anymore. But you'd have these extravaganzas where the morning show would put on a show. Literally, we would put on a show, and it was great fun. It was singing, it was parody songs, it was people coming up well the year right after the Olympics, I come out on stage in a red dress with a page boy wig, and I'm lip syncing the Chinese national anthem. I remember, And I think Savil still has that picture my best friend's album.
Speaker 4: Do you I must?
Speaker 3: I must?
Speaker 2: You know, over the years we have had such a good time doing all the crazy stuff, and you can't do any of it today because of political correctness, because it was all insanely politically incorrect. I mean on just levels, on pon levels upon levels. Uh, you just can't do it, all right, guys, let's do it. On a Wednesday, October thirtieth, handle on the news, Amy Neil and Me lead story, Governor wissam unveils a new round of state funding bringing three hundred and eighty million dollars just to the LA region for homeless housing and shelter and rental assistance, outreach prevention. And it's part of eight hundred million dollars that is being handed out by the state. Now, this is not county money, this is not city money, this is not federal money.
Speaker 3: And as I said, the only way.
Speaker 2: We're going to actually beat this homeless issue is throwing craploads of money at it every year and increasing it, increasing it and is it working. Well, i'll tell you more about that at seven am, and I'll give you some stats on that.
Speaker 4: Spoken like a stinking.
Speaker 2: Liberal, Yeah that's true, that's not true. That's not true. I said, this is what it's going to cost, and is it working, And I'm going to give you stats on this.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to make a value judgment. I never have made a value judgment. Everybody wants homelessness off the streets. Nobody wakes up.
Speaker 3: In the morning said oh boy, let's make more people.
Speaker 4: It's not difficult.
Speaker 6: Take care of the drug users and the people that have and then the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the people, and then there won't be homeless left.
Speaker 4: Yep, we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Okay you start Yeah, okay, you're sounding like Donald Trump with the abortion issue. How did all women will be fine, They'll be happy, They'll be terrific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Now I'm not saying you are.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I'm just saying, you know, that's you know, reality actually hits. Okay, you know, I've got to stop doing this thing and throwing Republicans under the bus at every moment because I'm so pissed.
Speaker 3: Off at them.
Speaker 2: You know why I'm not pissed off at liberals because I know who they are.
Speaker 3: They haven't changed their stripes.
Speaker 2: I know they want to spend every month, every dime I will ever have in my life. So there's you know, I know the agenda and everybody knows it. So there's really no drama with that agenda. All right, let's do one more and.
Speaker 3: Remember seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about the Newsome program one more for we take a break.
Speaker 5: Amy, one of the Republicans battle cries isn't really a thing anymore. Apparently, gas prices, which is one of the metrics a lot of people use to gauge how well they're doing and how the economy is doing, are falling fast just as people get ready to head to the polls or have already headed to the polls. Yeah, gas is cheaper in battleground states like Nevada and Arizona than it was a year ago, and for the first time since twenty twenty one, the national average is right about three dollars a gallon. Of course it's a lot more here, but nationally it's about three dollars a gallon.
Speaker 2: So the Republican are pulling the ads talking about gas prices. So that one is one tier that's been knocked out. But the look at how much money you are spending now versus before prior to the Biden administration. The Democrats can't get around that one. That they'll never be able to get around. It's just so this is just one tier, and it's good news, I guess not for us. What are we still at thirteen dollars a gallon or fifteen dollars a gallon? I have no idea. I have an electric car, so I don't pay attention anymore.
Speaker 3: So you don't care, No, I don't care. Welcome to California.
Speaker 2: You know, as a matter of fact, when I see the gas prices tick up.
Speaker 3: Not on the pennies level, but on the dollars level.
Speaker 2: As I see them tick up, I even feel better knowing that you guys are spending a fortune on gas.
Speaker 6: Just wait till everybody has EVS and then they crank up the cost of electricity.
Speaker 2: I know, then I go back to gas cars fuel.
Speaker 6: War sucks, man, it just sucks. Israeli strike kills dozens in North Gaza, you a residential block, and of course we here in the US refer to the incident as horrifying. Medics said at least twenty children were among the dead. You're looking at about ninety three Palestinians that were killed or missing, dozens wounded in this Israeli strike, and the number of the victims still under the rubble obviously, and roads, ambulance and civil defense crews can't even reach them at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to kill Israel, this sort of thing, and this is where Hamas is winning and will win the pr battle and maybe eventually.
Speaker 3: The war, because the world is reeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're becoming more and more anti Israel, and you've got Netanyahu and his war cabinet and his war government, and they're just going for it. And now you have what forty three th people that have been killed in Gaza, which maybe a third of them are militants so they don't count, but the rest are civilians and kids and older people. And the world's going to turn. It's starting to turn. It's like us the analogy apartheid in South Africa. It took almost a generation, but the world turned against South Africa and it became a pariah state just because of that. And I see Israel moving in that direction.
Speaker 4: And all you're doing is making an argument for new.
Speaker 3: Terrorists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're growing.
Speaker 6: The people growing up in this war are going to say, yeah, they're Israel is evil and this is why we need to keep.
Speaker 3: But they're already it's already baked in.
Speaker 2: These kids grow up, they're born in the refugee camps like in Janine.
Speaker 6: There it's but if they were treated well, if they were moved out, if they were if there were then maybe you might say one.
Speaker 3: It'll be it'll be generational.
Speaker 2: And it's it's just the politics are way too complicated, and it's just in the end, Israel is going to lose. The big war on this one, and it's going to be at the cost of Hamas is going to basically going to pay the cost of all the infrastructure in Gaza and huge numbers of people dying.
Speaker 3: As if already they have it all right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Kamala makes their case. The Vice President went to the Ellipse in Washington, d C. Last night and warned Americans that former President Trump would open up a floodgate of vengeance against his political rivals. She said, one day, if elected, Donald Trump would walk into that office pointed to the White House with an enemy's list. When elected, I will walk in with a to do list full of priorities on what I will get done for the American people.
Speaker 3: Kel it's as if she's reading off a teleprompter. Every single time she opens her mouth. It's absolutely the same rhetoric.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give Donald Trump some kudos.
Speaker 2: He while he has a prompter in front of him, he goes off script all the time.
Speaker 3: He'll go for three.
Speaker 2: Hours and he says some really interesting things. I mean a little bombastic. You know the world's gonna fall apart. The atomic bomb is going to land on the White House. Yeah, on your house. You know, the Haitians are going to serve you up dogs and cats for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God, it all.
Speaker 2: But at least he isn't scripted every single minute.
Speaker 4: And she's better that way.
Speaker 6: Though she's not a super smart person, I don't think.
Speaker 2: And well, yeah, if I've talked to people that have covered her for years, newspeople and they say she is not.
Speaker 4: All that smart, yeah, I don't get that.
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying she's a bad person, and I'm not saying that with the right cabinet she can't do good things. Thank God, it doesn't rest on the shoulders of one person. But I think she's better this way. It makes people she's worse, she's worse salable this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's easier for people to vote for her if she just keeps it.
Speaker 4: Simple, all right, keep it simple? Uh, Biden? Is this me or you?
Speaker 3: Amy?
Speaker 4: Biden sets off a firestorm.
Speaker 6: Geez, the word garbage is now on the top of the list of don't say so. He responds to Trump rally comedian Tony Hinchcliff, which I had never heard of before, referring to Puerto Rico as a floating island of garbage.
Speaker 4: What a genius statement there.
Speaker 6: And uh, then you get Biden saying they're good, decent, honorable people referring to the Puerto Rican community. The only garbage I see floating out there is his supporter is referring to Trump. Yeah, his humanization of Latinos is unconstable and it's Unamerican.
Speaker 3: This is this is a problem. I mean, this is going to be used big time by the Republicans. This reminds me.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of Hillary when she said the people that voted that would vote for Trump are the deplorables. Remember that one. Yeah, this was so stupid on Biden's part. You cannot talk about voters in this way. Even if voters are dead set against you and are just even the anarchists, Well, maybe those people are garbage, but you can't say anything other than they're misguided.
Speaker 3: Trump is garbage. You can say that, but you can't say.
Speaker 2: The voters are misspoke and they pulled it and they oh, they tried to backpedal. They understood immediately that was a stupid thing to say. Also, a word about Tony Hinchcliffe. Tony Hinchcliff, no one.
Speaker 3: Ever heard of him.
Speaker 2: His career has fallen off the hinchcliff and I mean that his pr people I've bailed out. I mean, if you look at what's happening in social media, he is being nailed.
Speaker 3: He's in hiding. You can't come out in public anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it was not smart.
Speaker 6: I mean, you gotta George Lopez was at a Kamala Harris event and made a joke about, you know, Latino's stealing or Mexican stealing or something like that. He can get away with it as a Latino, he can do that thing. But here you get this white guy. It looks like what people will assume a traditional Republican looks like. And he said some ugly things, and it's I don't know why they go. I don't know why they go with comedians at a serious event because it always lighten it up.
Speaker 2: Because you have a five hour, five hour rally at the end of which the candidate shows up, and you know, you got to keep people interested, You have to keep people a lot. Do you do it with comedians? You laugh, you joke, you have a good time. The balloon animals come out.
Speaker 4: That's what they should benign the mime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, being held accountable for the hammer attack. The man who was already sentenced to thirty years in federal prison for attacking Nancy Pelosi's husband with a hammer, was sentenced yesterday to life in prison without the possibility of parole. That was following a separate state trial. The San Francisco jury in June found David Depap guilty of charges including aggravated kidnapping, first degree burglary, and false imprisonment of an elder.
Speaker 3: And by the way, he's not crazy at all.
Speaker 2: His defense attorney says his mental health and isolation made him susceptible to online propaganda conspiracy theorists, and the attorney says, this is a man who has always been a peaceful, law abiding person up until his activation, whatever the hell that means, I guess taking a hammer to pelosi husband's head. And then so he's giving a statement to the court just before sentencing, and he talks about September eleventh being an inside job, his ex wife replaced by a body double, a double government provided attorneys are conspiring against him. And as he's led off or before sentence, he goes, I'm a psychic. The more I mediate or more I meditate, the more psychic I get thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Bill, I have a question for you about this guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he's.
Speaker 5: Got life in prison, no chance for parole.
Speaker 3: Correct, he didn't kill anybody?
Speaker 5: Right, We have murderers who get out after ten or fifteen years, yep, Convicted confessed murderers who get out after lest.
Speaker 2: Happened happens all the time, depending on the quality of the attorney, depending on the prosecutor, depending on the judge, depending on.
Speaker 3: Whether they plea or not.
Speaker 2: And so it's all of these factors, and you're right, there are Well, how about this, there are people guys in brank robberies where a teller is shot and killed.
Speaker 3: The guy who pulls the true trigger and.
Speaker 2: Gets life imprisonment without the possibility to parl and the guy who doesn't pull the trigger gets the death penalty.
Speaker 3: That has happened before.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Kidnapping used to By the way, kidnapping used to be death penalty in California.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with that with no one hurt.
Speaker 6: Well, did they say if he was activated by Peter Paul and Mary Song or.
Speaker 3: You know? I wish I could get that, but I don't, So.
Speaker 4: You have to explain I had a hammer.
Speaker 2: Ah, Okay, is that Peter Paula Marry Or is that uh.
Speaker 3: That's Pete Seeger. Isn't it is he who wrote it? Or what you are? Woody Guthrie? Didn't he write it?
Speaker 4: I need a better audience.
Speaker 2: You can look that up. I think it's Woody got three? Okay, there you go.
Speaker 6: Right. Pentagon is running low on air defense because we, you know, giving them to everybody else like Israel. Yeah, interceptors are the big name right now. They're fast becoming the most sought after ordinance. And you've got wide widening crisis in the Middle East with Israel and the like, so we are thinning out.
Speaker 3: Are good?
Speaker 5: Do we use those for intercepting? Like when the houthies fire at us when we're in the Red Sea and stuff too?
Speaker 4: No one call the interceptors?
Speaker 2: I think the interceptor of bases they do. But yeah, and what Israel uses them for the most part. I mean, and now's a good time to invest in the companies and manufacture these because they're obviously running twenty four to seven and there are no sales. You're not going to see a Prime day sale or Thanksgiving Day sail on.
Speaker 4: Everything must go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, everything does go Saturday, Yeah, it does go.
Speaker 3: And it's uh yeah, it's getting crazy out there.
Speaker 2: And if Israel does go to war, war, it's going to be crazy.
Speaker 3: We're not going to have any supplies left.
Speaker 2: It's good time to invade the United States after Israel gets all of our arms.
Speaker 6: No, because we all got ourselves armed here in the easy United States.
Speaker 5: Son USA Today says it's not taken sides. USA Today has announced it too, is choosing not to endorse any candidate in the twenty twenty four presidential race. Spokesperson says local editors at publications across the USA Today network they have like two hundred publications, have the discretion to endorse at a state or local level. They said, they believe America's future is decided locally, one race at a time, and it is our public service to provide readers with the facts that matter and the trusted information they need to make an informed decision. And said blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and La Times in the Washington Post said that basically the same thing. But there's no problem endorsing all the races down line and the propositions that they'll endorse.
Speaker 4: You know what, fact check. How about that?
Speaker 6: Put up the information fact check, give the facts and we do that.
Speaker 3: What No, they do that a lot.
Speaker 6: But I think that is what's helpful from a newspaper. I don't need them telling me who to vote for.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I talked about that yesterday in terms of you have to look at it and this was an article that was written in the Atlantic by a guy who was on the editorial board of the La Times. You have to look at it. As a closing argument in a trial. The attorney puts it all together, puts the pieces together, and just draws the picture, which we don't do because we look at it in bits and pieces.
Speaker 6: Let's move on, because we've got we've got stories. Oh boy, another class action lawsuit. This one is with subway sandwiches containing less meat than advertised. So Anna Tolsan of Queen's found her and her name sounds familiar like she's been on one of these before, but I'm not sure she found herself a she's a plane and found herself an attorney.
Speaker 4: Of course, were difficult.
Speaker 6: She bought a steak and cheese sandwich at a local subway for seven sixty one. She claimed that when she opened the sandwich she found carry the one two hundred percent less meat than she saw advertised. And of course these types of cases have gone on against McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell and all these.
Speaker 2: Different percent When you have two hundred percent less meat at one hundred percent, there's no meat, right right?
Speaker 4: Okay, she she's not good at math. But i'd like, you know what I'd like to see.
Speaker 6: I'd like to see what picture Anna uses on Facebook and social media and in person.
Speaker 3: It's a class action and it may fly.
Speaker 2: If it flies, there gonna be some heavy duty attorneys fees here. But I just can't wait for the next lawsuit again again subway right not in No meat, no cheese, no vegetables, no dressing. The only thing left are the onions, and you're gonna diey Coli.
Speaker 6: Well, I will tell you that legally, when they do the they have the people who god, I can't remember what they call them, but they make the food look good on camera, they're legally not They're supposed to use every single ingredient exactly. They can make it look prettier, but it has to be the exact same weight and regulation of meat that they would use. So I don't know how that kind of happens, but if it's on purpose, yeah, maybe they should get the.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's some spendy soap. The Pentagon Watchdog it says that the US Air Force overpaid for spare parts for a C seventeen military transport plane that was made by guess who, anyone anyone, Yeah, Boeing. An audit found the service paid more than eighty times the regular commercial value for bathroom soap dispensers.
Speaker 2: Now, how does that happen? How do you pay an eight thousand percent markup? Because how many spare parts?
Speaker 3: Do you think a C seventeen has? Zillions? And how do they catch them?
Speaker 2: Well, auditors look at all the purchases and so slipped inside there is an eight million dollar toilet or a soap dispenser that costs four hundred and eighty six dollars. And that's how it's done and occasionally gets caught.
Speaker 3: And this is what happens.
Speaker 2: So is this Boeing cheating? It's possible, and the auditors finally catching up because the auditors audit the auditors. Yeah, with these governmental programs, they're seriously they're seriously audited. So that's how it happens, and I'm never going to get a soap dispenser the same way, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: A woman named Anne from Queens used the soap dispenser and said it gate eight thousand percent less soap.
Speaker 4: On our hand than Yeah.
Speaker 6: All right, job openings fall to a pre pandemic level. Another you know, good chunk of data for the Dems. In the next four days or so. You got all this data coming out at you, right, snapshots of what's going on in the US economy, and this one shows that job the job market's doing pretty well better than right.
Speaker 2: No, it has been doing incredibly well, but that's inflation. You know, when the market is too great and it's heating up, that's too much. So this one is it's now being brought down to a reasonable level or more reasonable level. And I think this is a well, I don't know which way the presidential is going to go on this one, because one of the things that Trump is saying is the illegal aliens have come in and taken your jobs.
Speaker 3: And so here's a rally full of people and.
Speaker 2: He sells them you don't have a job because illegal aliens have taken your jobs.
Speaker 3: So here's twenty thousand people.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if someone just said, how many jobs have you guys lost, how many of you have lost a job to an illegal alien?
Speaker 3: How many people would raise their hands? So that's not going to fly. So I think.
Speaker 2: The strongest argument I'm putting into politics is the inflation how much things cost. I don't think there's any way around that, because it's absolutely true inflation has gone down. Even it goes to zero, you're still paying a ton of money at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: You're still paying fifteen dollars for a big Mac.
Speaker 5: Another star has gone out in Hollywood, Terry Gard. This one makes me sad. I love her Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Young Frankenstein, Oh God, mister mom and her Oscar nominated performance for Tutsie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's great. I'm met her once, just a neat lady.
Speaker 5: And became a spokesperson for multiple sclerosis after she revealed that she had been diagnosed with it in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: She was seventy nine, right, and she was very open about it and it was just neat lady.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah she was.
Speaker 6: If you haven't for the holiday coming up, watch Young Frankinstein. It is a brilliant comedy. And she is a maze balls.
Speaker 2: She is, And it's fun to watch Marty Feldman Igor where the hunk goes by for I gore right and his hump is on the right side, and the next scene it's on the left side.
Speaker 3: Then it's on the right side.
Speaker 4: God, such a brilliant, brilliant but she was phenomenal. All right.
Speaker 6: TikTok's founder is now China's richest person. But strangely enough, China's total number of billionaires is starting to shrink.
Speaker 3: Oh, the economy is shrinking in China.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's they've got to go there, Bill, make them one more billionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's so he's the richest guy out there, and it's not easy to do in China because the government really oversees everything. But it's, uh, they want money, why not? I think wait time for one more Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, as you said earlier, Bill, keep it simple, stupid. The Unemployment Department has just made the online application process for unemployment benefits simpler. They said that the unemployment insurance program is one of the more complex public benefit programs with detailed state and federal requirements, so that come the application is complex and confusing, so basically they just rolled this out yesterday. They're clarifying terms and instructions and also reorganizing the questions on the application.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's really complicated stuff to apply. I mean I've I've never applied for unemployment, but you know, I've seen the questionnaire. They're really complicated. So now it's much easier. Just a working question mark and then two boxes yes or no, and then you're done.
Speaker 3: It's a very simple.
Speaker 2: Application, actually simplified. They have simplified it. Yes, all right, guys, we are done. Kf I am six forty eight live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.