Speaker 1: Tell everybody how much missed me.
Speaker 2: I missed you, Sandy, I missed you. Did you miss me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was five days. Well, you know, like after two or three days, when one of us is gone, we'll check in and go, do you miss me yet? And normally the answer is no, not really. I think five days. That's the number.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think five Yeah, you do what. It's funny you were happy to see me. Yeah, well that's nice. That's very unusual for you to say I missed the kind of the little things that annoy.
Speaker 2: Me, you know what I mean. You better be careful saying this because then the next time you get annoyed about it, I'm gonna go, remember North Carolina. I'm gonna throw it back at you.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take that one, But.
Speaker 2: Tell me one of the ones you missed. Uh?
Speaker 1: What the little things that are? Like? How I thought about it?
Speaker 3: Like when I was eating dinner by myself, I was like Tricia normally just doesn't wait for anyone else to sit down and eat.
Speaker 1: She just starts eating, which.
Speaker 2: I think everybody stands the food is ready sitting on the show, we normally do it buffet style, and then everybody tries to stand around and act like they're being polite to let somebody else go first.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about sitting down and eating. You don't wait for anything.
Speaker 2: No, so I'm saying so normally I'm the one who starts it. I get my plate first and I sit down. Yeah, and I just start eating.
Speaker 1: You don't do that at my parents.
Speaker 2: Do not to do it here. There's a lot of things that I do here that I don't do in the real world.
Speaker 1: Oh, did you even poop at my parents house?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Of course I did. You can set your watch to me.
Speaker 1: No, I can't think of anything any specific, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I know you said you missed the sound of the fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sounds of the fans, all the fans that I have going at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing I didn't miss was the phone calls from your car, Like I get I just have to listen.
Speaker 2: Because when I get in the cardit drive is when I like to talk to people, and I and you're on my list.
Speaker 1: I pushed me down a little further.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean you're not the number one person, right, But I always eventually get to you.
Speaker 1: What's the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 2: All right? I wouldn't call myself quirky, but there's definitely something wrong with me.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong with you. Anology that's a good one. I think everyone can say that about themselves, right right?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 2: So I need some good news.
Speaker 1: You are so good news?
Speaker 2: Are you ade for some good news?
Speaker 1: Some good news whatever?
Speaker 2: I have some good news, really good news. Telling them the good news. Food out.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, I'm Judasio and it's time for some ATX good news. Twenty Central Texas students receive some generous financial help to further their education from the Austin Community Foundation. The foundation manages the Chef Sangrel Scholarship fund that are war of the students twenty five thousand dollars in scholarships. All of the recipients are students of colors, Some just graduated from area high schools, and others are currently enrolled in college. Sixty percent of these winners are first generation college students. Good news for some older dogs this summer at the Austin Humane Society, the Gray Muzzle Organization just awarded the shelter a new grant to help local senior dogs and the people who love them. The president and CEO of the Humane Society says, no one is more grateful or loving than an old dog, and we're looking forward to helping more senior dogs get the second chance they all deserve. And Austin school hosted a beautiful evening in Austin under the stars last weekend. Saint Stephen's Episcopal School, in partnership with the Austin Astronomical Society, welcome hundreds of Austin stargazer's, local astronomers and other astronomy enthusiasts to the school's football field for that free event. There were plenty of telescopes for participants to get a good up close look at the celestial wonders visible in the.
Speaker 2: Texas night sky.
Speaker 4: That's your ATX Good News Report this week. For it daily dose of good news, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and.
Speaker 3: You two Austin Davies station What three point one. It's the Sandy Show, brought to you by our bank with eight locations throughout Central Texas and online at www. The letter r dot BANG member FDI S Tristia says, there's new news about Yellowstone, the TV show that's coming up in just a second. Hey, real quick shout out to my cousin Jim celebrating his birthday today.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday, Jim Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I could call him and wish him a happy birthday, but he won't answer, so it will be a text. Yeah that just says happy birthday. And then he and I's little inside joke and then I will say dinger Dinger and he'll know exactly what I mean.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what it means?
Speaker 3: Song we made up when we were little boys about oh you know what I mean. We were the little dudes and we made up a song about our we Wei's called Dinger Dinger, Dinger Dinger all night long. Yeah, we said, we've got a whole thing. I could call him right now and start singing it and stop and he would pick up right where I left off.
Speaker 2: I feel like you should do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. We wrote it and.
Speaker 2: Sang it all the time, so you have to sing it for me.
Speaker 3: Don't forget Grab the Sandy Show podcast where you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, the stories we love?
Speaker 2: All right, So we're going to talk about Yellowstone or a version of Yellowstone. But we can't do it until we hear the music first.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to wet the music? Now?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, love it?
Speaker 1: Oops?
Speaker 3: Hold on, apparently that's all I have. That just keeps stopping. You can do it without that.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to. I don't know what well my story, my computer's folding back on me.
Speaker 2: My story is not going to be as great without the music, but I'll continue on. It's it's Yellowstone related. Michelle Pfeiffer, remember her, right?
Speaker 1: I can't remember Michelle Pfiffer.
Speaker 2: I used to think she was so freaking gorgeous. I haven't seen her in a long time. She probably still is.
Speaker 1: She looks great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She is going to star in an executive produce Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone sequel series called Madison. I had no idea there was a sequel series after Yellowstone. Previously, before it was named Madison, they had called We're going to call it twenty twenty four, and she says it's going to be a heartfelt study of grief and human connection following a New York City family in the Madison River Valley of Central Montana. She said she's very, very excited for this, and here's something cool supposedly not verified yet, but supposedly Kurt Russell and Patrick J. Adams, who was one of the actors on Suits, are rumored to be joining the cast. Huh.
Speaker 3: So this is a new Tyler what's his name, Tyler Sheridan project.
Speaker 2: Taylor's sharel project. It's a Yellowstone sequel.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I.
Speaker 2: Know already, haven't you. We haven't even finished the last season of Yellowstone yet.
Speaker 1: Nope, we haven't.
Speaker 2: There's no word on when it's expected to come out. This is clearly the very beginnings of it. But I mean, man, they are ringing that Yellowstone for everything they got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you got to strike while the iron's hot. I'll watch it, sure, sure, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know my favorite favorite Michelle Peiffer role Grease too. Oh yeah, I know, but that's the first time I ever saw her and I was like, she's beautiful and then she went on to do She was in a movie with Kurt Russell before called Tequila Sunrise that I probably watched a thousand times.
Speaker 3: What was her big famous role though, I mean it wasn't catwea.
Speaker 2: Too for me? Catwoman?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. She's been in so many things. Can you remember any like your favorite.
Speaker 3: I I the only I remember Michelle Pfeiffer in is uh Is Batman as Catwoman.
Speaker 1: But she did something really big before that.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, I mean, you don't get the cat Man the Catwoman gig unless she did something really big before that.
Speaker 1: I just cannot remember.
Speaker 2: Fabulous Baker Boys, One Fine Day, hair Spray. Most recently, she was in ant Man and the Wasp. She apparently was in Avengers.
Speaker 1: I did not know that everybody's in Avengers except us.
Speaker 2: I know, when are they gonna ask?
Speaker 3: That's the story we love Tricia. I noticed that the text message is not really pouring in today, saying welcome back Trisha, give him time.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: They're not a single well.
Speaker 2: They're getting ready for work, and I'm looking at them things.
Speaker 1: I'm not anything in here that one.
Speaker 2: Are there any that are like, ah, where's JB?
Speaker 1: No? But this one says thanks JB. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. That's the number if you wanted to make Trisha feel good by texting it and saying welcome back.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel bad until you pointed out that nobody was texting ye.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's no one listening. Yeah, no, there's people listening. Hopefully they just don't care that you were gone. Maybe they miss JB.
Speaker 2: I know that's so that's my worry. I again, that's where the whole wally pipped thing was coming from. JB will be much more loved than I am, and I'll get you out of a job.
Speaker 1: I actually think it's best with me, you and JB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun that week that we did that. That's a lot of really fun. Let's do rapid fire Q and an.
Speaker 3: Okay, first question, Tricia, if you could get a new smile or a different eye color, what.
Speaker 1: Would it be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a smile, because then maybe my face would look normal in any photograph that's taken of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm the worst person photograph wise.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's like my mirror. I'll look in my mirror and my mirror says, hey, what's up, cutie? And then I go outside and I see my reflection in glass and it's all, what's up? Shrek. I can't do it. I don't know what it is. I'm very unphotographable whatever that word is.
Speaker 1: H That is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Next question, Tricia, is the one that I asked you to think about who is your favorite fictional character of all times.
Speaker 2: I narrowed it down to do to two, but I picked one. Sandy's right there in front of me the whole time. Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're admitted it's fictional.
Speaker 2: Except even more now after my trip to North Carolina? Do I now believe that he's real? I'm just saying, does live in North Carolina?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The Bigfoot loves North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I lived in the Northwest.
Speaker 2: There's apparently different different bands of Bigfoot. Oh North Carolina. You can buy a Bigfoot T shirt or a sign or a magnet in every store you go in.
Speaker 1: Did you get one?
Speaker 2: There's something that says I just be out here Sasquatch And that was one of the stickers. I almost bought it. So, yeah, he's yeah, he's fictional. Quity fairs, he's real. He's my eye.
Speaker 3: Final question, and this has a purpose for you. It's a little weird. Tricia before me, did you know anything about patron saints?
Speaker 2: No, not a single I didn't even know they were. There were like that you could pray to for stuff. I didn't know that there was like a patron saint of money. My favorite patron Saint that I've learned out about from you is the patrons St of Sleep Dempness, Saint damp She's awesome. She came through for me so many times.
Speaker 3: You guys, you wouldn't believe how many times there could be anything like Sandy. What's the patron saint of automobiles? Like, if you've got car problems, I'll look it up. There's a patron saint for everything, for everything. Yeah, and they're not very busy, especially the older ones, because people don't know who they are, so you can get their attention when you pray.
Speaker 2: They don't have a good prp dim You know. I don't think you even knew about Dimpna.
Speaker 1: I didn't, but she is powerful.
Speaker 2: Guys. You guys who have hard time sleeping, pray to Saint Dimpna.
Speaker 1: She'll get care of you. So you have to introduce yourself at first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to be too aggressive. Okay, what's up?
Speaker 3: My name's I hate to ask you for something the first time we chat. Yeah, you know, I hear your sleep? Was it all you thought it would be?
Speaker 2: I didn't really know what to expect. Never been in North Carolina before, I've been to the outer banks that I was much farther inland this time. It was beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: Chrisia spent last week in North Carolina in Boone, North Carolina with our daughter and her cousin and her cousin's husband who have a home there.
Speaker 1: And you just, I mean, I could tell you really liked it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. It was actually about thirty minutes outside of Boone, in a little little place called Newland, and it's dry. I mean, as we drove there when we landed Monday night, You're driving up the mountain to the point where I had to pop my nose, you know, squeeze my nose and pop my ears, yeah, which then popped a blood vessel with high and all sounds like.
Speaker 1: We're moonshiners used to run or something.
Speaker 2: And all of the photos, my right eye looks like I've been punched in the eye. It's all red and gross. But I mean, you were in the mountains, windy roads. The high most of the days was like seventy eight lows in the sixties. One of the days that high was seventy and it rained all day. Because we got those outer bands from the hurricane. Debbie oh yeah that. It was just beautiful green tree everywhere. We had a cute little airbnb.
Speaker 1: The mountain air smell good.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just was clean and fresh, you know what I mean. And we did a lot of that. We walked a lot walking in their neighborhood, super hilly, and walked and looked to all the cute little houses. We went to something called Grandfather Mountain and you can go through the forest on the side of the mountain up this hiking trail with these huge rocks that you're hiking up. And we got to the top of it and there was a bridge, a metal spring bridge that connected the top of the mountain. We just walked up to another peak across a gorge and it was a mile heights a mile high bridge.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, I couldn't do it, you know, I can't do heights. Whenever I get scared of heights, I feel like I have electrical shots of electricity shooting through my butt cheeks. I don't know what that is. But Landry and her cousin Emma, and my cousin's husband Terry went across the bridge and were on the other side. Remember that picture I sent you of them far away on the peak. I tried twice to cross the bridge. The first time I got like a quarter of the way across and had to turn around and come back.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like he just wanted to lay down on the bridge, No, I.
Speaker 2: Just felt like I wanted to get off of it. The second time because I felt like I needed to go rescue our child who looked like she was about to fall off at any moment. I got halfway across, and I realized, if I get all the way across, I don't know if I can cyc myself up to get back over here. So in the middle I turned around and came back right. I could not make it across the bridge. I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Electricity shooting for.
Speaker 2: Your for my bet, Like my beat was sore after that, my cheeks. It was so weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. I've never heard of anybody being that happening too because of heights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just right, I'm afraid of heights. But here's something cool going up driving up the windy road, getting up to the place where you start to hike up Grandfather Mountain. There's the Forest Gump Road in the movie Forest a Gump when he's running Bemberous. Time he's running, there's a scene that shows him going down a steep, very windy road. It was on that mountain and there's a little sign like we drove on the street where Forest Gump was running.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I know. It was very cool. And we did an alpine coaster.
Speaker 1: Those were fun.
Speaker 2: Those were super fun. That was very cool. We just had a bunch of outdoors stuff and he didn't mind being outdoors because it was such great weather. Right, that makes the Yeah, we had a lot of food. Yeah, we looked for bears. They have bears in their neighborhood. We'd not see a single bear as very much.
Speaker 3: Did your cousin, who's, by the way, a licensed dietitian. Did she nitpick at your food?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. In fact, when they picked us up from the grocery store, I'm sorry, from the airport, we stopped at the grocery store and she's like, you, guys, they have two donuts for a dollar over here. She's like, I know I'm a dietician, but I also know that this is vacation week, so we ate all the things.
Speaker 1: Did she make that famous salad?
Speaker 2: No, she was going to the last night we were there, but I made a sharcuterie board and we all got two full on charcuterie board and a giant coconut cake that we bought, so nobody was hungry enough to eat the salad.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Well, welcome back to you. Thank you, glad that you're here. You were a mess.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Stay with us more. Coming up morning, It's The Sandy Show. We are proud partners with our bank, featuring eight locations across Central Texas and online at www. The letter r dot Bank member fdi C Trisia's got the story we love coming up in just a sec. She says she may have received a sign that it is now finally time for her to watch one of the greatest television shows ever, breaking Bad. That story in just a moment. Hey give us a follow on Instagram at The Sandy Show Official Facebook is at The Sandy Show Radio and Tricia.
Speaker 1: Have you picked up any followers lately?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let me check, Sandy. Let me look real quick. I mean I'm in holding steady for quite a while.
Speaker 1: It's at Tricia tri Ci a dot Delicia d E L I s H A on the ig.
Speaker 2: No, I'm Ryan, I'm still at eight thirty six. But I've got I got an achievement. I got an achievement award somehow, don't know why.
Speaker 3: Probably for accepting the collaborations on the reels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably so, well, give her a file, she would appreciate it. These stories we love.
Speaker 2: So the house in Albuquerque, New Mexico that was used as the Walter White Home and Breaking Bad, Yeah, that's cool little house, one of the most famous houses in the country. But the owners who actually own it, it's a real house, didn't exactly make bank from the show. The owner, Joanne Quintana, says, people assume we made millions off the show. We were not in the show, so we did not get residuals, so we do not get compensated. We only get paid the location fee, a one time fee in and out. That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to do tours.
Speaker 2: She should open it up to Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did not.
Speaker 2: Again, she did not say how much they made, but according to one expert, location fees can range from twelve grand to a million a year. Cranking Bad lasted five seasons. She's saying that it get rich. I'm thinking she didn't get the million a year fee. Right. Still, somebody's like, hey, we're going to pay you twelve grand if you let us film here.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to move out of your house.
Speaker 2: I mean for twelve grand, I do that. Yeah, I guess, so anywhere between twelve grand and a million. Yeah, heck yeah. I think this is my sign. I think this story being here is my sign to try for I think a fourth time to watch Breaking Back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what. I was thinking about that. And if you do, let me know when you start, and I'll start rewatching it. That way we can chat about it and you know, you might have some questions and stuff.
Speaker 2: You don't think I can follow along.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: There's all I know is that Skyler his wife. I fell in love with her when it was on.
Speaker 2: All I know is that the three times I tried to watch it, I couldn't get past the third episode. Everything was so beige.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I agree.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing because I tried to watch it once and quit and then I got back into it and it's great.
Speaker 2: And you say you have to get past the third episode. Yes, you got to get past the third episode. And then it clicks. Yes, exactly, I'll try it again. But I'm going to tell you this. Just yesterday I started watching something on h on Netflix called Travelers. Yeah, super into it. Oh yeah, it's two seasons. I'm glad it's not like a big giant five, six, seven, eight season when it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming. Has Eric McCormick from Will and Grace, which I just finished rewatching, which is a great show.
Speaker 1: Is it time Travelers.
Speaker 2: It's kind of about time travelers. It's about people from the future, but the way they do it is really cool. Okay, anyway, I'm super into that, So I think Breaking Bad's gonna have to wait till I'm done with that.