Speaker 1: I'm Jesse Junior. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Juniors Show on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. This is our second hour on the show, and I'm particularly honored that our resident regular contributor on issues all issues relating to education and social justice is none other than Diallo Brooks. Gina Diallo is here with us today.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yes, he is, Idallo.
Speaker 3: Doing, Gina.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Jesse, Hey, Joab d'ello. I'm still here, man. It's been a hell of a week. And before we get to some of the specifics issues that you'd like to discuss in the next hour, we did cover a couple of issues. You've got to be as a social justice activist and warrior, you've got to be completely shocked and taken aback by what transpired in Minnesota. Please share with us your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely a shock. Unfortunately, I'm not totally surprised, giving the trajectory we've been on with this administration and what we've seen from Ice and what we've seen from the weaponization of our federal law enforcement officials, and so I think it was inevitable that incidents like this would happen but it's it's such it's such a sad moment in our history, and it really requires us to to lean in in this moment and really really pay attention. Folks can't sit on the sidelines, uh any longer when we see this type of atrocity happen, And you know, I fear that there won't be repercussions for the officer that was involved and for how Ice is actually patrolling our cities, at least in the in the short term.
Speaker 1: Gina, I am as shocked and horrified as Diallo about what took place in Minnesota. Obviously, we've experienced brutality from police officers that have resulted in the deaths of black men, black women, young people who were unarmed. But as I shared on the show yesterday, when Bobby Kennedy picked up a poor black child in Appalachia, I think it was it may have even been in the South, the country kind of said, well, in terms of the media, poor black baby. But when he picked up a poor black child, a poor white child in Appalachia, the country then responded with some very images. They could not believe that white poverty. By the way, the name of a book written by William Barber the second White poverty was such a real factor in American history, and I'm wondering, when I think about the doll tests of our reaction to black and white whether or not Robin Good's death is going to be a term point in the federal government's engagement in localities and in the States. Geene, I'm sure you've given that something.
Speaker 2: You know, not that I'm an advocate or cheerleader, so I don't want to found that way, but I want to point out that many times throughout history, you know, to Deborah when she was overseeing Israel's battles, and you know it was her they said that the victory Berrick, if you don't want to come with me, is going to be given into a woman's hands. You saw Maimie Till have to deal with her son and leave his casket open in order to make a statement. You know, you see Viola Luiso being shot. You see the park in the face, and you see Rosa Parks sitting on a bus, and you see Jimmy Lee Jackson cover his mother who is out doing you know what she is doing. And this is one point I always never get a chance to mention the thing about that whole situation. When Martin Luther King and Andrew Young went when this incident occurred, it was because their wives were from there. You had Corretta and Jean eventually Young that were both from the city. And you have to imagine that these women are making phone calls like y'all gotta come down here, here's what happened, or somebody from there called them and said, hey, you guys got to come home because this is happening. I say all that because Robin Good, you see, Robin Hood, who robbed from the rich to give to the Porsche, got that name, and then she's got the name Good. So many times these movements start with something that happens with a woman.
Speaker 3: Yellow. Yeah, I would agree. I mean, if you look at the trajectory of our history, women and in particular black women have been the backbone and also have propelled us forward. I mean, even if you look more modernly and you know you hate to couch it in tragedy, you look at Sandra Blan or even young people just you know, the tamir Rices of the world and the Trayvon Martins of the world. It's women, young people the tragedies that have happened to them, or they're organizing ability that has propelled us forward to really push for change, and so I think it's incumbent upon the rest of us to also stand shoulder to shoulder with women, and you know, in certain circumstances, follow the leadership in circumstances standing the void to support really creating the change we want to see in this country and in the world.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking in this in this moment that I'm just scared to death at Diallo's suggestion that all of the series of events and the rhetoric indicates that this just may be the beginning of these kinds of activities. And I'm scared because we don't know what constitutes First Amendment protections under these circumstances. The First Amendment is in the Constitution of the United States, so it's a federal function. Usually it's the federal government that's instructing local law enforcement that they have to comply with the federal constitution. But it is federal law enforcement that is not allowing people to protest and speak freely, and they are specifically governed by the Constitution of the United States. I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. You're listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. It is Fat Meat Fridays, the creator of our show, Gina Towns Reflectivity and with our leading contributor on all issues education and many many more social justice activists, great man and a friend, mister d'ello Brooks. More. When we come forward on KBLA Talk fifteen, I'm Jesse Jackson, the Jesse Jackson. Before you begin our conversation, I want to thank King Farley for dropping that beat right there, that beat right there, that beat right there from from the jack Master. Wow. Anyway, our very special guest in this hour is Dallo Brooks. Diallo Brooks is an educator. He's also a social justice activist and a regular contributor on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Dello, welcome forward to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jesse.
Speaker 1: Gina. You wanted to continue our conversation with d'allo before.
Speaker 2: The I did, but I started talking about KB you know, and that that does remind me because you know, we do have fun and I think that we and it's not just us, but in particular our community got to a level a certain level of comfortability and in that comfort, especially in the generation that was raised while President Obama was you know, in office, you could clearly see and not know what it was like to never have a president of color and a first Lady and children that looked like yourself living in the White House, giving speeches, playing basketball, you know, I mean, like him or not. President Obama was the epitome of Joe Cool, and so to grow up in that era, I think really kind of puts us in a position to why we may be startled. But we talked about in the last hour, Diallo, how long this has been going on. The plot, the planned Project twenty five, you know, even by its name, it happened in twenty twenty five, but it certainly started more than twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely started more than twenty five years ago. There's been a history, and I quite honestly with folks trying to take control of systems, I think ultimately to make money, to gain resources and control resources. And so I think we're seeing that in how the ice incidents are playing out, but also just our foreign policy and a lot of things that we are involved in in the world. I think what we have to do on our side is be much more strategic than we have been, and it's really about creating what is our vision for the future look like. What does a healthy, thriving, safe community look like, right, and what are the pillars of that. What are the things that we need to do that we need to create in order to make that happen. And I think we have to defend ourselves from the tyranny that we see that's happening right now, whether it be Venezuela, whether it be the ice incident in Minnesota, or whether it be other incidents that happening around the country. We also have to have a proactive agenda that people that can galvanize people, that bring people together, that give people some optimism for the future, because it's often creates even more apathy when we lean into the negative that we're not talking about the things that the way we see the future. And I think when we lean into that, we create spaces that allow us to then engage people, to give folks hope, to give ourselves hope and joy and something to really fight for and not just fight against. And I think when we posture ourselves in that way, when we really are strategic about what our agenda is and be clear about not using their agenda as part of our agenda. I think the people want to see something that is drastically different, not just co opting parts of it, not placating their base, but really drilling down on things that really matter to most folks in this country and educating, engaging, and then lastly, I'll say, we have to also listen to people, listen to where their pain points are, but also what brings them joy to help co create what that can look like for our future.
Speaker 2: Jesse he said, where their pain points are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that he's onto something right there. We tend to organize people historically. Segregation put us in certain categories or neighborhoods geographically.
Speaker 1: But then you know, we organize ourselves voluntarily by choosing to move beyond laws of segregation, and we voluntarily integrate into communities because the laws now allow us to move and live in all neighborhoods in the United States except for restrictive covenants. And then we Doctor King would argue that we needed a spiritual integration, which is a care neighbor, a care for community, regardless of a person's race, sex, or class, and he used the story of the Samaritan to make the case for what that really really represents and what that really what that really means. But I'm thinking in this moment, Diallo, that there's going to be a comfort that people feel naturally in a kind of tribalism because of the fear of the world that doctor King envision the world that we've been trying to build. Uh and it is reinforced by the absence of well funded schools where, for example, if I worked in Silicon Valley and my job Operate Tunity was in Silicon Valley, some of the largest corporations in the world pay local taxes and therefore students go to public schools that are extremely well funded. But then Diallo, as an American who does not live in Silicon Valley by happenstance of my birth or zip code I live in on the South side of Chicago, I live in Harlem, or I live in Compton, Los Angeles, or I live in Crenshaw neighborhoods, And there is no Apple, there is no Microsoft, there is no Amazon, there is no no one's paying local property taxes that make public education commensurate with what children are receiving where these corporate headquarters are. There is a kind of forced segregation that the economic system itself creates by where corporations and businesses choose to locate. And I don't know the answer completely to that, other than these companies have to spread the wealth by building in our communities data mining entities. They have to build factories as well as equipment and packaging handling facilities that can pay local property taxes to help offset the burden that people who are living in ghettos, in neighborhoods and communities that are failing. I don't have the answer. I'm sixty years old, I've got more Yesterday's than tomorrow. I probably won't live to be one hundred and twenty. So it puts me in a battle personally with entities that choose to locate in some areas but don't choose to locate in ours. And then you know, our children grow up in those environments and they are tough yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're tough environments. And I think there's a larger conversation that we have to have too. I mean, we understand that in America we live in this quote unquote capitalistic success. We I think as a society are going to have to make some decisions about what parts of that work for us and what parts of that don't work for us. Because even as you mentioned the tax base, where resources come from, how corporations pay their fair share to make sure that this country is healthy and whole, their interests and corporate interests are around making money. That's the only thing that corporations care about. And it is up to us as citizens, as people, as voters, as those that elect, folks that sit in public policy positions, to hold those corporations accountable to the collective welfare and well being of the citizens of this country, the people that live on the soil of this country. And so it requires us to kind of reimagine what our future could look like, and what that means is making some difficult decisions in certain circumstances. Even when you MENTIONEDDATA centers, that's great, but also there's harm that's come from those like look what's happened in Memphis. Look, you know, folks in Prince George's county near me out of DC, they're fighting against it because they're sucking up the water, they're sucking up the power grid, or they're polluting the water. So we want corporations to be responsible partners. So they come in and bring their businesses into places that are close to us. At the same time, they have a responsibility to support the health and wellbeing of those communities as well. It is a collective responsibility and not just about them making money. They can make money and support creating healthy, thriving environments for all of us.
Speaker 2: And so for all of you do gooders who think corporate responsibility is a thing you see the dismantling, you know, some of the first steps that they took was to get rid of diversity, equity, inclusion, and in many I have friends in Los Angeles, Atlanta, d C. You know, and I have been one of those people who were in roles that guided the consciousness of a corporation. And in fact, many of us, you know, are in government and community affairs to try to make sure that there's a balance between community and what the corporation is doing as it makes money. But that's uh you know, that has dwindled. Roles have dwindled, the care of the responsibility has dwindled, but all and all but disappeared. And so how do we manage and especially you have an administration who has called all these corporations to the table to say, hey, it's you know, free wily time. You don't have to do this anymore. You don't have to do that. So now we have to rely on the consciousness of people who may not be prone to that sort of thinking outside the money. And so we find ourselves, you know, even in a place where they're not as concerned about having people on the job with the advent of AI. So you know, what, what is it that we really suggest that they do?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 3: I mean, basically, we have to hold them accountable. They you know, corporations are chartered and existed in exist based on us, right. They just can't pop out of nowhere and exist and do business. We charter it. We charter them. They charter within the state that they're located in, and it is our responsibility to set the rules of engagement, the rules of play. We control. We have power that we don't utilize. And what it takes is organization. It takes education, it takes understanding, and it takes a will power to push against these entities and create the spaces that we want to see. We have to lean in. There's no easy way about it. And Jesse, I will say this really quickly. Your father did that work when I worked at. One of the things that drew me when I interned and then worked at the Rainbow Coalition, way way way back in the day, is that he met with Coca Cola, He met with all of these corporate entities requiring him. He was talking about DEI back then, like we need more folks of black folks, We need more investment in our communities, we need more jobs on the ground. He was doing that work. We need to pick that work back up, that mantle up and lean in and hold folks accountable. We can't be scared. We can't sit on the sidelines and fold our hands as if we can't do anything. Sometimes it takes a lot of skin in the game to make it happen. But those that come before us put their skin, put their lives in jeopardy to try to make this world a better place.
Speaker 1: I am up particularly grateful that our very special guest in this hour is none other than Dallo Brooks. Yellow Brooks is one of our most capable contributors on all education issues, but social justice issues as well. We have about three minutes before we come forward before our hard stop at the thirty. I'd like to hear your thoughts about American interventionism in the Western hemisphere.
Speaker 3: I think it's ridiculous. I think it's a white supremacist tactic. I really feel like that, you know, our intervention and the ways that we intervene not about humanitarian is not around justice. This is not about, you know, making this world safer. It's about exploiting resources and the corporate kind of you know, you look at the oil or the mineral folks looking for ways to make money, and so they intervene in places that sometimes a little sketchy for other reasons and using that as a as an opportunity to go in to to do a land grab or resource grap and I think it's problematic and it's going to cause us problems into the future.
Speaker 1: I think that's right, Gina.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I I you know what, I I'll be honest. I wanted to set you up so that you can tell us that there is hope, because sometimes, you know, when you feel all of this coming at you, young black men, young Hispanic men, you know, poor people or people who have less or don't have a college education, can sometimes feel the weight of what's going on and be so dejected and so depressed and not really even try or engage in the process. So thank you, you know, for that early word of hope.
Speaker 1: Dialla Junior listening to Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk of fifteen eighty. Our very special guest in this hour is none other than Diallo Brooks on the J Lunch Club. Our creator is hosting Fat Meet Fridays today and she's doing a great job. Particularly grateful for that. Grateful for the show here on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. More when we come forward on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty, I'm Jesse Jackson Jackson Jr. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. Our very special guest is none other than Diallo Brooks on the J Lunch Club. Doctor Brother Brooks is our resident expert and a regular contributor on all issues relating to education and many social justice issues to which he has engaged in. Y'all will share with us any thoughts that you might have on some of the concerns that are on the horizon that we should be shifting our attention to, well.
Speaker 3: I think some of the things that we need to be shifting our attention to how our federal government is moving resources to our states and how they're kind of cherry picking which states they will move resources to and using the federal government as a hammer those that don't comply with them not moving the resources that those places need, particularly like an education and other areas that are critical the states. So we need to be paying attention to that. And also as we begin this year, we really should be thinking about how we dig deeper into our civic engagement and really prepare ourselves for upcoming mid term elections, both on the local level, the state level, and the federal level. We have to make sure that we're touching all of those different branches of government, because as these elections become real, we need to make sure that we're doing the really early front end engagement of communities of giving them the information that they need, organizing, making sure that we're connecting and doing that kind of groundwork Jesse, that you know we've done in the past, where we've really gone into communities, really talked to folks, really elevated the issues of concern and making sure that the candidates that are more closely aligned with our values are hearing that and also are articulating a plan to engage around that so we can have a really robust turnout against whatever obstacles that may be put up in front of us. And so those are two of the things that I think we really need to lean into, really need to pay attention to, and really need to organize around going forward.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not particularly concerned about states where democratic governors rely largely upon African Americans, Hispanics, women the Rainbow Coalition, if you will, to get elected, because they tend to cater to their bases within those states. Each of these states that the president and the federal government is now using this hammer approach and directing resources to their supporters have long established patterns of discrimination against African Americans. They still find themselves and Hispanics on a side of town with confronting various disparities at every level of their existence. I don't see how state by state that remedies the problem of inequality, but only exacerbates it. I'm sure you see what I see on that question that states rights doallo without a federal enforcement mechanism to ensure that the states themselves are complying with all men are created equal and standards of equality and fairness, recognizing that on one side of town there may be a silicon valley, but on the other side of town there is a perpetual ghetto that communities are locked in.
Speaker 3: Ye. Yeah, So I think the way I like to approach that is that we have to organize on multiple fronts. We can't be singularly focused in our organizing efforts. And what I mean by that all politics are local. Local is what touches folks first. So we need to organize there, but we need to connect the dots between all of this systems are in place and why they're so important. It's really around kind of this civic education piece that I tend to talk about a lot in a lot of spaces, is that we have to understand what the federal government's role is right, and we have to hold the federal government accountable to that role. The civil rights enforcements, the enforcements to break down the barriers that exists all over the country. We also have to do the same thing on the state level. We have to make sure that those elected officials on the state level, no matter what states we're in, are being held accountable and feel the pressure from communities about equity and justice in those places. And then locally we need to do the same. And so it's about a collective elevation of those voices, a collective education of our community, and also supporting and uplifting the voices of our community to articulate across all functions, all levels of government, the change that we want to see. And it's a push, it's a battle, it's an ongoing I mean, your father used to always say politics and big P and little P. Politics is a contact sport. We have to put our shoulder pads and helmets on and get in the game and do what's necessary to create the chain. We need to elect the folks that have bold visions, that are willing to fight, that know how to fight, and we need to hold them accountable but also support them in that fight as well.
Speaker 1: One of the great challenges Diallo, and I know you know this better than most having been a representative at the SHOT organization at the Department of Education, is that the Trump administration is going through each of these cabinet level positions and eliminating the Civil Rights Division or code Enforcement. And when my father did say that, we've always had the ability to go to the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, or the Civil Rights Division of the Education Department, or the Civil Rights Division of Health and Human Services and with out the infinite resources to enforce these local problems from the federal government, which each of us in our local communities do not have. I mean, the government of the United States has resources to prosecute everybody, but in a real sense, without that wind beneath our wings, we're asking local people to go to court. We're asking local pastors and others to raise their resources and literally fight against the very government that once stood on our side representing our interests, challenging these discriminatory practices.
Speaker 3: And Jesse, this is not new, it's just recent. Right, We've had a history for a long time because of the gains of the civil rights movement that allow us even across administrations to even have those conversations. You could have a Republican administration or Democrat administration, but you still had those tools in place, some more effective than others, but they were there. Dismantling that. That is just the reality of what's happening. Those things don't exist. And when I was at the Department of Education, I worked the White House Black Initiative. It's a longer name, but the White House Black Initiative held meeting with community leaders, with folks that they worked with and they were housing in Department of Education to really prepare folks for the fact that this administration, the next administration, would dismantle these protections that we have. And it's incumbent upon other structures in our community, whether it be civil rights organizations, whether it be philanthropic organizations, whether it be law firms willing to add pro bono time to do the work, to fill in the gap, to put the pressure on to create the change we want to see. It's not easy, it's daunting, it's hard. But if you look at our history as a nation, we've done before. We fought tough fights. Before we can engage in tough fights. It requires us to collectively push that boulder up the hill to not one person, not Jesse Jackson Junior by himself, not Gina by herself, not Diallo by himself, but us collectively putting our hands on that boulder and pushing it over the top of the Hill to create the change we want to see. We can do it. It requires us that helmet and that shoulder path to be put on to get in the game and fight.
Speaker 1: Gina.
Speaker 2: So in civic strategies of which you are the president, tell us about some of the things do y'allow that you are recommending in the places where you are actually involved and can point people to, you know, on the West coast, on the East coast, the South, where we can get engaged.
Speaker 3: Well. One of the things that I'm involved and I am on the board of the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation. They are organization that has worked for a very long time across civil rights, across the Divine Nine organizations and others bringing folks together, labor and others together to really civically activate across the country. They have chapters all over the country and they have a unity campaign that has been ongoing before even this year, before this election, that they bring coalition members together to really strategize, share information, and do the work necessary to push back. And so that's a place that I would really direct folks because they're on the ground, but they're also connected to everybody. NAACP, Urbanly Labor others like I mentioned the Divine Nine organizations and trying to really push back against what's happening, but also organize on the ground come forward.
Speaker 1: On the j Lunch Club on Fat Meat Fridays with our co host Gina Towns and our very special guest, Diallo Brooks, who is also a regular contributor on our program. I want to I want Dlla to share with us how we can support his work. And we have a few more remaining questions before Diallo's word of hope. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on k BLA Talk fifteen eighty. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on k BLA Talk fifteen eighty. We've had an amazing hour on Fat Meat Fridays with our creator Gina Towns and with our very special contributor and guest, mister Diallo Brooks. Particularly grateful that you're sharing this afternoon with us. Gina had a very interesting question that we'd like to pose to you, and she shared it with me during the break, but I'm going to let her present it.
Speaker 2: Gina, So Dialla, we all have children who may be in their early twenties, young adults, and like you, you probably have some some kids that are a little bit younger. And I often ask my millennial friends, what are you telling your elementary or grade school students, junior high school students about what's going on right now, how to navigate it and who they need to become.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great question. And my kids ran from nineteen to twenty four, soon to be twenty five, and we often have always had conversations about the world that we live in. I think one of the things that I've always encouraged parents to do is to be real about the world that your children live in, because they have to function in it, right. And there's no better environment for young people to see the world than through their parents and through their own home environments, right, And so I think it's a safe place to have healthy conversations, to have support and hope from navigating because I think eventually young people will hear about and see what's happening in the world. And I think we always have to lean into the hope of the future that you know, there's always cycles of trial and tribulation in our world, and I think you know, depending on what your faith background is. We understand that trial and tribulation is a part of the human experience about how we come out of those trials and tribulations, how we band together, how we support each other, how we learn and grow, but also how we lean into the joy that is around us as well. So often this environment is full of negative energy, of negative takes and negative you know, context around things that are happening, and we don't take the time to lean into the joy that exists. Because there is joy that exists. There are friendships, there are family members. There things that was on the show a few weeks ago, before the holiday, before the break, before the New year, when there was a community bookstore. Those things, to me are the bright spots, places where people can gather. And you know, even in this moment, Gina, when we see the tragedy of Minnesota, the tragedy in Minnesota is also coupled with the hope as well, because there were people there. It didn't happen in the dark. There were folks pushing back, there were people protesting. There were people that are calling on their cell phone saying, hey, Ice is about to come in the community. So for people are trying to protect each other, protect their neighbors in their communities. We have to uplift that. We have to lift those moments for young people to know that it is our responsibility. It's about you know, I come out of the you know Kwanza tradition, you know ujima where you're talking about collective work and responsibility. It is our collectiveness uh in eumosia, about unity, about us coming together. If we lean into those things, I think the future UH can can move in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Can I respond to that, Jesse, you know, thank you for that. I think that that direction with some purpose is really what people need to hear. And we almost have to say it affirmingly, repeatedly, because we forget when we get bogged down and distracted by all the things that are going on. But I find it remarkable that that God puts us in a place for those who believe the universe, whatever it is that you subscribe to, that the world really does not have any new faces or schemes. It is that in every generation we have to have something that reminds us, prods us, and pushes us back, almost like a shepherd with with a staff that has to you know, almost beat us back into don't go over that cliff. Now, let's get back in line and remember who we are, whose we are, and how we ought to be.
Speaker 1: For sure, I couldn't I couldn't agree more. And that's a wonderful a wonderful thought leading into the weekend. And to continue a similar thought heading into the weekend, Yellow, you haven't extended word of hope for us tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my hope ought today My grandson is just turned uh grandson grandson. Yes, I have a grandson just turned two years old today. Wow, Yes I am a grandfather. I'm scared I don't have grandchildren yet. But oh and I'm older than the yellow. Wow, it'll come coming when guy, when God calls that. But yeah, I mean I lean into that. And and it goes back to what I was saying before, Gina, about the celebrate, the celebration of life, the celebration of new opportunities that present itself as this year turned, you know, as twenty twenty five ended in twenty twenty six began, It is a new opportunity for us. It is a new opportunity to love our neighbors, to celebrate with our neighbors, to support our neighbors, to lock arms with our neighbors and our friends and our family members and make sure that we're stepping into this world and we're presenting our opposition as an opposition. Of love is that we love humanity, We love the ability for us to be free, and we will lean into that love, and that love will then push us toward the successes that we need. It's going to be hard sometimes, but that's okay. Kids fall down and skin their knees because they're learning how to walk. But it's okay. You let them learn how to walk, and we will go through this day, but we will also emerge on the other side. I believe even that, and that's why I wake up every single morning and do the work that I did.
Speaker 2: You know, that's interesting that you say that and you hold that out is hope, because I think the other thing is how you want to be remembered in history. Each of us has an opportunity when you get up every day to make that difference, and some people get chronicled in it. You know, some people are chronicled in it two thousand years ago, one hundred years ago, and sixty years ago. So thank you for that little bit of admonishment to stay focused and that encouragement as well.
Speaker 1: Dalla, my pleasure particularly honored that Diallo Brooks joins us once again on the Jesse Jackson Junior show cable that KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. We've had an amazing fat meet Friday with Bishop Tulton and now Diallo Brooks, and now we're heading into our weekend. Gina, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I'm happy helping some campaign go forward towards some term elections that we're going to need to probably fight to have.
Speaker 1: Jiallo, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 3: This weekend is a recharge weekend. I'll hopefully get to see my grandson, spend a little bit of time with him, and if the weather breaks, I might try to get outside and get on my bike to just kind of clear my head and refresh before the next week.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be wrong. I want to stick my head in a bucket of cold water some days and just just chill and anyway. I want to let everyone know that I want them to be safe this holiday weekend. Stay out of the way of law enforcement to the extent that we can respectfully protest, raise our voices. Continue to fight the good fight, but do not come close to these officers. Stay away from them. They have been weaponized and they mean business. And I shared it with that with our listeners in Los Angeles when the National Guard was first sent to Los Angeles. Buy them some coffee, I am some donuts. They're just people trying to do their job. But right now they are charged by an administration that is without spirit, that is about moral core, that is without love for humanity or love for people. There's a moral depravity here that we have not seen as Americans in the highest office in the land. And because of that moral depravity, we must take the necessary precautions. Remember this, we all go home at night. No matter what confrontation, what fights we have, what disagreements we have, Tonight, we all go home. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior listening to Jesse Jackson Junior show on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. Look forward to seeing everyone next week. Until then, we're out peace