Speaker 1: I mean absolutely insane as hold on here. Oh no, no, no, no, not the stock market. Well, we'll talk about that stuff. I think there was a a an update or something on tariffs or what. I'll look that up. It's Masters. It's Masters Thursday. That's right, and I couldn't be more excited. In fact, I'm just hold on here. I want to see the first heat. Time is I thought I was a screwed around on the Paramount plus app because CBS is broadcasting the Masters this year, and here we go. I think they have some coverage that literally starts as early as six thirty. So if you need something but no sound in the background, we listened to this show and you got access to it, I guess fine, but uh, just give me the damn tee times. By the way, the Masters app continues to be elite. You want to hear the whitest middle aged dude story ever. So one of the things I like to do, like the night before the Masters, so last night. If if you register, if you download, it's absolutely free. The Masters they have their own app, and you register on it. It doesn't cost you anything. You can watch tons of classic Masters. In fact, you can watch the final round of the Masters of every year. Going back, I scrolled back as far as eighty six, which if you remember, was kind of a really really really important one with oh, there's so many to choose from, so many to choose from, just great Masters. Two thousand and one was when Tiger Grand slammed it. Ninety six I think is when he came in as a young punk and destroyed, I mean, just destroyed everybody. But eighty six. Jack Nicholas shot a thirty on the back nine, which, if you know anything about the Masters, is absolutely nuts. So I was kind of I pick a classic one to kind of put on on that app And I've done this for a few years now ever since I discovered they have a whole library of this stuff. So yesterday I watched Phil Mickelson's first major win, which was a really crazy Masters, yes, for four hours in the background kind of when I was doing prap to then when I was getting ready to nod off, I was watching something that took place twenty years ago, and it was great or more than twenty years ago. Well I'm trying. Yeah, I can't remember which year it was before I plugged it in there, but yeah, there's a lot of good ones to choose from. So oh, there's that, there's the playoff with Tiger and a yell there is or not Tiger and on yell, there's oh, let's see here, there's like three really good Tiger. One arguably the twenty nineteen when he came back and just won for no reason. That's crazy. Maybe I'll watch that one next year. But Nicholas in eighty six Sunday Surge, that's where you should start, if you know, if you want just saying, but yeah, we'll get to uh, we'll get to that coming up here, and then yeah, these guys are gonna get cracking. So why would you tell me that that's had the tea times here on this website and then not show tea times, you absolute fool. Google is just is so bad. All right, here we go, Here we go. This is what I wanted to figure out, Thank you, Thank you. All right, So seven forty is the first I saw it, Ross, I told you seven thirty seven forty. So I also found out that our master's music was not in the system anymore. So I don't know if somebody's screwing with stuff, but don't worry. That tradition will continue. Ross just had to dub it in because I didn't think about it until right before we started, and then it's not there anymore. So that's probably not a problem, all right. So who you picking? Who do you like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Way, Boston, Paul's already got his pick in. He's going justin Thomas. Dad's a pretty good pick. That's a pretty good pick. Ross, who you got?
Speaker 3: You ask me every year, I give you the same answer.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Lee Trevino, I know, but I'm hoping answers somebody playing. I don't think Trevino's in the field. Do you understand how it would be hard for him to win the Green Jacket? Not?
Speaker 3: Is he retired?
Speaker 1: I don't. I mean no, you have a lifetime did you win the Man, You have a lifetime exemption, a lifetime exemption into the end of the field, so it doesn't matter. As long as you can still swing a club, you can still show up. It's the only tournament that does that yet. I think you get a five year exemption into the other majors, which obviously is very helpful if you're a golfer, but you will always be allowed to golf at the Masters, So yeah, but I'll check. I'm pro I'm pretty sure to READO not in the field. That's okay. For Ross is just about the green jacket. All he wants is the green jacket or multiple green jackets to stack them for benefits. At what did we decide its Olive Garden Hooters? Well, Hooters don't for much longer. Maybe, No.
Speaker 3: It goes back to our conversation yesterday about Olive Garden being a luxury, high end dining. Right, so if you win the Masters, you get a twenty five percent count at Olive Garden, which is right there outside Augusta.
Speaker 1: There is a bunch of fast casual right outside of Augusta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, driven past it before. So if you put four of them on right, you can get one hundred percent off at Olive Garden. So that's the reason you want to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a lot of perks.
Speaker 3: You know, Chili's is down to ten percent, which is really sad.
Speaker 1: Well, it's how they have fallen. Yeah, so that's not true. But but you do get. You do get. You get to go to the Winter's locker room. You get access to it, which there's very few people living allowed to go in there. They give you that they give you a trophy that is a recreation of the clubhouse, which is very cool if you've ever seen one, but the the locket. Most people don't know about this, so they give this solid gold lockett with the picture of ah one of the I'm trying to remember one of one of the old gall in there, and it's supposed to be for the wags, right, so you win, then you give it to your wife or your girlfriend. But a couple of them have hit the market because of bad divorces. So from a collector's item standpoint, it's almost easier to get an authentic green jacket, even though they're not supposed to be leave the club, with the exception of whoever the current champion is, they do end up in circulation with those lockets are not easy to get.
Speaker 3: Have we seen any of that crap going around that we see every year where people are like, oh, well, you know it's a racist event because it's called the Masters.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure they're out there this year, but they're kind of like that guy when I was interviewing protesters at the RNC who was out there protesting over the non US's non intervention and the reunification of Ireland, Like they're gonna be there, but nobody's really talking to them, you know what I mean. Yeah, the good old days were even before the race stuff was the women's stuff, which is why the Masters broadcast the way that it does now. And I want to thank you lunatics for that. The reason when you watch the Masters you have limited commercial interruptions and they handle everything internally is because the National Organization of Women decided they were to come down there and they were gonna and they were gonna make a stink over the fact that women were not admitted as club members. And they did two things. One the Master said, screw you who who or whatever his name was, used to be the head of Augusta. We're just gonna do this thing. And since we're gonna handle an internal you can't even pressure people. And remember they didn't know they did no commercial interruptions for years. And also that was famously when they arrested a dude for like taunting the protesters. When he got arrested and he gave the name of he would and last name is j O blo m E. Sound that out on your own, hey, would juh b l O M e and it made it into the police report, and then it made it into the reporting by like ABC, CBS, and NBC before anyone figured it out. Legend a lot of people like Rory. Now, I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing him win it. I mean, Scheffler's got to be the dude, right, justin Thomas Scheffler. McElroy maybe he's never won the Masters, So for Rory, I mean it's it is a if he wants to. He's won the other three, but he's never won the Masters, so we'll find out. Very excited about that. I looked at some of the some of the experts for whatever it's worth. Yeah, McElroy's plus six hundred. Not that you would ever gamble on this, but if you wanted to, Uh, he is one of the odds on favorites at six hundred. Let's see here. Oh those are top ten bets. Yeah. You gotta be careful with the props. I I well, obviously for golf, props are good. Did you know that some lawmakers in North Carolina put a bill in. I don't know that it's going to go anywhere. Since we have sports gambling now that want to make it illegal to bet props. What are you doing? What on God's green earth are you doing? Either we have it or we don't. You don't get to call Oh, you don't get to bet props? All right, So if you don't know what a prop bet is, it's like it's instead of betting on the game or whatever it is, you would bet on an individual is one way to do a prop that you do props for everything. You can do a prop bet for the coin flip at the Super Bowl. But I guess they're well, if you individualize it, then people can rig the system. And it's like, why shouldn't we be able to compete with the refs? The hell are you talking about? So you can go And it's like it's like when I was doing I do the commercials during the football season for DraftKings, Right, if you want to go on there, you know you can bet who's going to score a touchdown who's not. That's just an example of a prop bit. But you can still bet on the things. I don't know what they're talking about. So if if if Ross wanted to put all of his money on Lee Trevino to win today, good luck with that. I guess he could, but you probably probably should put it in there in back in the e coin or whatever his major investment vehicle is. So and and Trevino has never won the tournament, so it doesn't have a He doesn't have an automatic exemption yet, so no, I did what did he in? He won all the other three though, he's kind of like Rory but also Lee. Trevino famously has beef with Augusta, so I don't know what's up with that. Not a winner, not a winner. Ross also said last year Green Jacket winners also eat a Denny's for free. Really, I don't think he said that as usual. We'll go to all right, there we go. Yeah, no, there's gonna be golf. You all can just suck it up and deal with it, Okay, but don't worry. We've got other stories too. Apparently the entire economic system in the US didn't crumble yesterday, so there's that. And then Ross, did you see everyone on Twitter doing their meniculpas saying they were wrong and apologizing?
Speaker 3: You know, you know he sure did not oh on Twitter yesterday or well especially on Facebook. I sent under that because because what I mean, because then you'd have to admit you were wrong, and it's very hard to do.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just assumed they'd be out there going hey, because I remember on this show, I believe your words were not worried at all. To quote you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there's no part of me that's worried about it at all, especially after the past five years. There's no part.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now it's now now we're you know, you got a critic You got to criticize some methodology, which is fine, you can go ahead and do that. But he's still got ten he's still got ten percent across the board tariffs they're going to negotiate, and China is f sideway.
Speaker 3: No, it's a fantastic deal. It's fantastic all the way around ten percent, one hundred and twenty five percent in China. But you're going to still have people that are not gonna they're gonna be too shortsighted to not see what just happened. Like, they're not going to either they're going to refuse to realize it, or they're going to be like, oh, well, you know, he caved, which is not what happened at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you yeah, if after ninety days he doesn't have a deal. We're gonna start the conversation about all right, well we can't. We're at an impasse and we're gonna have to go down this road again.
Speaker 3: Well it seems like it's gonna be ten percent. But I mean, the the goal, right, seems to be that what we're really looking for is the coupling from China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the main thing. Absolutely, absolutely, there is a there's some chick. I retweeted her video. I said, I did and send it. I don't think I sent it to Ross and she's as apoplectic because she started her fast you know, uh, fast fashion, which, by the way, I don't even know what that. What does fast fashion mean? Doesn't that just mean cheap clothes that you throw away from Timu? I don't even know what the phrase means. I'm not a fashionista. I mean I look good, don't get me wrong. But I can do it in Uh basically, I own six to eight of the same shirts, just in different colors. Works great, perfect for the radio guy on the go. So I don't know anything. But she ordered all the stuff in China. She goes, Oh, I ordered China and Vietnam because that's where the best stuff comes from. And I'm like, that's the that's the problem here, man, that's the problem here. That's where the quick stuff comes. That's not where the best stuff comes necessarily. And if you did it with Vietnam, you're probably okay because they're one of the ones negotiating.
Speaker 3: You know, it's all crap and his slave labor. I was pissed off because I just started building my factory yesterday before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really bad time, you know. Yeah, you have like a consultant turned advisor.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the time, so I want to build a.
Speaker 1: By the by the dip and you just assumed that meant factories too. R. Wow, wow, you have made mistakes were made, Yes, I would say, so, all right, well maybe now we gotta go to war with them, so uh yeah, but we are of a trade war of varietal and China is a hose man. They were the ones selling off all those treasuries that were driving the yield up the other day, which was a little weird. They're dumping them because their currency is collapsing. So he got them by the by the short hairs. Anyway, we'll get into more of the coming up. CaCO Day Radio program.
Speaker 3: This is the hardest day for me to pay attention, and I really have to push myself not to fall asleep because I'm so disinterested in golf and I know nothing about the subject matters, So I sort of have to smelling salts and just sort of like during the break.
Speaker 1: Once the audience or the galleries to be able to trash talk the golfer's wilder swing. It'd be better, yes, because you can yell at football and basketball.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: It brings you joy, So it's fine. But just you know, it's a hard It's hard for me to focus. I just start falling asleep.
Speaker 1: I would say that. I would say the only harder day really is that last day before our super vacation at the end of the year. In correct terms of give a crap. You know, it's kind of like when it was the last day of school when you were a kid. You didn't accomplish anything like get me out of here. So all right, so Ross is putting through it. Whatever. Our listeners sent me a picture. Let me go back to this on the Twitter.
Speaker 3: I retweeted it, Oh yeah, I saw some guy with a hobo at a Hooters or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some guy with a hobo says, my son was at Augusta for the practice Forroun. Unfortunately there was they had rain earlier this week. I don't know which was he a Tuesday or Wednesday, It doesn't matter, but he was able to score himself a picture across the street over there. I don't know, is that at the Hooters he used to set up with the parking lot of the hoot. Yeah, that's the Hooters. I see the orange door behind his head. So yeah, so they're inside a lot of times. John Daly's outside with his bus there, and so he went over and got a picture with him. So if we had a small part in inspiring that in any way, shape or form, we're good. And even though Ross doesn't care about golf, John Daly and Hooters at least are Yeah, he can get on board with that.
Speaker 3: I think I'd be more interested if everyone was like John Daly, Like if everybody competing was like, you know, yeah, because that's a fun dude.
Speaker 1: That's the guys here. He's there at a party playing rounds of golf with no shoes on, smoking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's that meme right with the tiger Wood standing in front of him and he's just standing there.
Speaker 1: He's got those pants on it. He sells those pants. Those really weird look at those are his, that's his brand.
Speaker 3: They look like the Bill style, those Bill style Zumz pants whatever they're called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dude. There's and there's a couple of very famous John Daly Tiger Wood stories. When Daily dropped his sixty five on Tiger. He had been at like the bard can't remember which course they were at, the literally the bar in there, of course, tying him on, and he would have his caddie bring him like Jim or Jack and cokes, like in the morning when they're teeing off and he's like, hey, Tiger, come have a drake with me. And he's like, we're like they're like one of the early tea times. Like, no, we're one of the early tea times. So Daily stays in there till like two or something, and he shows up at the tea box and Tiger's there. He'd been there, you know, an hour and a half, is all warmed up, drake is smoothie, he's hydrated. John Daly looks like me showing up on a vacation eight o'clock tea time, which is insane. Don't ever go on vacation do eight am T time, and then proceeds to drop his sixty five on the.
Speaker 3: Hiker He shows up in there like is that guy having a medical event?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on here? I remember? Daily got famous because he was an alternate for the US Open. Was all. It was eighteen hours away from where it was being played. And they're like, hey, so and so canceled. Are you in the vicinity? He goes, I will be, and then he drove overnight eighteen hours, got up on the tea box, and proceeded to win the US Open, which is pretty good. It's pretty good. It's like those those sports stories were like David Wells. David Wells was Yankees pitcher. There's a famous story when he threw a perfect game against the Minnesota Twins. Of course that he was still so drugged or drunk that he was seen double and he pitched a perfect game, which I that's in his book. I don't know. I don't know, but of course it came against my team, so what are you gonna do? All right? So in addition all the fun golf discussion, yeah, oh wait, hold, I'm getting a series of Boston Paulie Mills. I have to read his early ones because I expect they're gonna get more and more incoherent. All right, what's your question, Boston paul day drinking. It's not a question, it's just a statement. Day drinking is acceptable. Hey man, if that's what you need to tell yourself, I will wait till after the show because I am a professional. But it's not not happening today. Uh.
Speaker 3: Dibbs brings up a good point on X. Do you think Shooter McGavin has a good shot to win today?
Speaker 1: You know what? You probably you're probably better betting on him than uh Lee Trevino. So there's that I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 3: I picked Lee Travino every year because that was my first introduction to golf because he had a video game in like the eighties or nineties and it was a great video game. I was really into that game.
Speaker 1: You know what I hate is that they took away his nicknames. So that's what I hate because and I assumed that was because of people, you know, who just can't let you know. It was probably we're gonna get rid of everything that might offend anybody, because you know, Lee Trevino. They used to call what was it the Mary Mechs and Super Mechs was my favorite. And I guess maybe you can't because he's Mexican American. I mean, he's American, but he's a Mexican heritage and they call him Mary mes or Super Mechs and I haven't. I don't hear people ever use that in broadcast now when they're talking about him, and it's not at his objection. He still calls himself that on his own website. So can't the guy just be happy? Anyway? All right? Six forty one, let's speaking of sports. I saw this yesterday and I sent it to Ross immediately because I just knew we got to get one of these for him. So, uh, apparently Mattel has done something they've never done before, and that is create an official Barbie Slash Ken doll. In this case, it's a Ken doll as part of their Kenbassador series, and it's the first time they have used a professional athlete as a Ken doll. So you got everyone the first time you're doing this, who do you go with? Right there? If you go you go Barbie or Ken? You pick a man or a woman? Maybe even Skipper if they want to guess, but who got that honor? And whose doll? Will you be able to purchase? Lebron James? Yeah, yeah, Lebron. The Lebron James Kendall was announced. It will go on sale. I think they're going to sell exclusively through Target and online.
Speaker 3: I saw a demo of it yesterday. I saw a demo of it yesterday the Toy Show and it kept flopping over, kept following Oh no.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can't stealim a joke, bro, damn it, the scaryways I was going to get there. They call it the ungrabbable toy because as you reach for it, it falls over on its own. I had so many ready to go, but yeah, all the jokes right themselves. What's even crazier is it's seventy five dollars for a Ken doll.
Speaker 3: I love how they always say that about the actual Barbie, where they're like, if a woman was actually had the proportions of Barbie, she would tip over. And I'm like, you know what, I don't know if that's true. I think we should look at this further.
Speaker 1: I'm not science, right, Yeah, let's get that changed the body slightly so, I mean, it's still putty down below, but I think it's more proportional. I don't know, it's been a while, so I say, last time I really handled a Barbie doll is when I was taking my sisters and putting them in the bead blaster. They do not do well in the bead blaster. You know what a bee blaster is. It's that thing where you spray like rust off of metal, so it's pretty pretty embrasive aggressive. You had one in the barn, and if you put a Barbie doll in there, it does not go well for the Barbie doll.
Speaker 3: My sisters were older than me, like years and like eight years older, so when I was a kid, there weren't a lot of like Barbie dolls around the house. My experience with them, though, is when I would go over to like my parents' friends' houses or my own friends and they would have sisters, and all I know about the Barbie dolls is, for some reason, ninety percent of them would end up looking like they were. They would be naked and tortured. Yeah, that's what they look like.
Speaker 1: They're all slutty, yeah, and bloody party.
Speaker 3: Girls, like dirty, like dirty plastic rubber.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my gosh, who did I bring home from the club? What's going on here? Yeah? Well that was the inevitability Lebron James, though I guess they're And by the way, this is the other thing too, all right, hold on awesome possible. I can't keep up with your emails about drinking this morning. This is more listening to you talk about golf is more torturous than waterboarding. I don't know. Maybe we should run that theory. Come on down, sir, we'll see. We haven't got to waterboard anybody on the show. Yeah. Anyway, So seventy five dollars. And I love how Lebron's like this is for we want to put a positive role model for the kids and for the community. And I'm like, I don't know. Maybe one of the things you can do is not charge seventy five dollars for a Barbie doll Is that how much they cost? Now? Ros? Will you google how much a standard ten dollar is? I was gonna do this for the show and I forgot case I it can't be seventy five dollars. And by the way, that's seventy five dollars if he didn't make it in China. Okay, let's just be real honest here. That's seventy five dollars if you didn't And Mattel Manufacture is a lot in China, though they do do Vietnam and Mexico. They have a bunch in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Looks like it's a standard toy price for an action figure if you want to call Canon action figure.
Speaker 1: I know he's say it's.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he's sensitive about this, and we learn this in Toy Story three, But it looks like it's about twenty twenty three bucks something like that. Yeah, twenty four dollars.
Speaker 1: What are we doing with seventy five dollars for Lebron's Now, I did say there's some special autographed ones. Those are clearly not but those are part of that. They an initial three hundred run. The seventy five dollars is the MSRP when they go full production.
Speaker 3: Does he want like kids get beat up in the hood or something like these kids?
Speaker 1: Like I don't, I don't know. I mean, it's just it's like, why is it seventy five dollars? And I is it because a licensing thing that.
Speaker 3: He's doesn't matter who it is, Like I just know it myself as a kid, if I showed up at the bus stop or whatever with my Ken doll, it probably wouldn't have gone well.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and it probably I would have been good for you, right, because it's like, why are you showing up with a Lebron John. He would have known. Remember Lebron James wasn't born yet, so they would think you're lying.
Speaker 3: I had enough beatings as a child, so I'm gonna I'm gonna avoid that when I'm not bringing my Barbie doll to the bus stop.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm just saying that. It'd have been like, this is Lebron James. One day he will be born and be annoying to listen to. All right. I guess it's because they have an iconic fashion line with him. But still it's like, you do an outreach to kids and then you're charge at seventy five dollars, Especially part of that outreach is targeting kids in socioeconomically challenged communities. You think they can afford seventy five dollars for your doll or action figure or whatever it is. Give me a break, man. So I don't know why it's seventy five bucks. But holy hell, all right, six forty seven. Apparently we're the third most hated country in the world right now, according to angry Europeans. And of course Newsweek was there to do the lifting. I will tell you this, the amount of news outlets yesterday who seem to be clearly on team China in this trade war is a little disturbing. I don't understand this for a minute, even CNBC. Here's how China could crush the US housing market. One. I don't believe this to be accurate. Obviously they were unloading treasuries. When you're talking about MBS's mortgage backed securities. They don't own enough to disrupt our housing market. So the why are you writing articles like that? And yet they were? Man, So I'm gonna assume you're on a team China, which is crazy because I don't know if you guys know this. For all your reporter class, you know, they still disappear reporters over there, right, Hell, they'll disappear a former president from a publicly streamed meeting. And so do you guys not know do you guys know what the concrete Well, they have a name for it. It's like tofu concrete or something. So China went through this building phase nearly two thousands. They build all these huge high rises, but the concrete is so bad that you can grab it with your hand and like pull it away, like it's a combination of a cinder block and a styrofoam block, and as a result, whole buildings will just fall over. And this was they had a few very high profile ones that happened back in like two thousand and six and seven, And in two thousand and eight, Beijing was hosting the Olympics, and so all of this coverage, which had been a national crisis in China stopped but for a few reporters like no, I'm not going to stop doing it, and then they stopped being around. China literally disappeared reporters before the two thousand and eight Olympics because they were pointing out that government of fit. The reason that the concrete and the construction was so poor is because so much of it was getting stolen. So everyone along the line was dipping in there, and a lot of it was politicians and they were dipping in there and taking the money. So the quality of construction was to the point where it'd fall over. In a stiff wind and then something horrible happened. China actually had a pretty significant earthquake that was bad, but most buildings would have been largely survivable, and then they didn't. They just fell over like dominoes man. So that's the team you're signing up for. You got the team that tells you you can't ask a question at the press conference because you're a one note TDS suffering trick pony or another one who takes you to a farm up state so you can go hang out with the former president of China removed out of his own party meeting from the front row in a legendary series of photos and videos. Choose wisely, That's all I'm saying, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four we got dumb audio from Chuck Schumer, because you know, it's a day that ends in why and and and end. I love this the update to that weird story I had yesterday about the dude who did the hit and run and then just randomly ran into a yard and pretended he was gardening in his boxers with a guitar, and a woman emerged with a gun and then police ended up shooting her because she didn't drop the gun only in the shoulders. She's fine. She kind of famous. I did not see this coming, So we'll get updates on all that. More coming up CaCO Day Radio program Kid is seven oh seven CaCO Day Radio Program, so that'll be a running thing going on. Also coming up on the show eight oh five, Stephen Kentill joined us, and now Stephen ken could admit, I don't know that he was wrong. I think he just hedged his bets, so I don't think it's fair that he's gonnadmen he was wrong, because I'm actually sad. I too was hoping that I it wasn't a thing but that whole Narnia Meryl Streep thing where they're like, hey, what if we had Meryl Street voice Aslan in the Narnia series, which, if you know anything about what Aslin represents and it not just represents is in that movie, you'd realize why that probably is going to do well among some of the more devout, especially those who are c. S. Lewis's material for the religious overtones, and Steven didn't think it might be real, and I didn't think either, So that's why before I even talked about it last week. I went and I just wanted to see if there's any response, any push. I couldn't find any. So we did talk about it with the hedge there and then yeah, it kind of looks like it's real. So we'll get into that minecraft and various of course tarif because like, here's the deal we think of tariff's just going to impact you know, close or cheap things made over in China, but getting into a full blown trade war with China, Hollywood is hosed man for right now. I don't care how many weepy John Cena apologizing in Mandarin videos or Lebron James ignoring slave labor moments you're gonna need if you're crafting a movie. And remember a lot of these movies are where they will literally tweak the final product that you see because they're trying to he's China, and sometimes the companies do it a lot of times they do it, and then you end up with these weird things that don't really fit in there or where there's always like The Martian is a really good example. So The Martian to get it to open there and to get certain levels of funding to make the movie, they and it is. It is part of the book, per se, but it's not done in the way that it's done in the movie. Is you had to have the hey, China save the Day part of that right where they launch spoiler alert, They launched the rocket that they're going to use to resupply Mark Wattney ahead of him getting rescued in four years whatever the timeframe was, and they don't do testing and it goes up, the weights off balance, it blows up, and they're like, well, that's it. Mark Wattney's dead. And then China's like, we have a super secret rocket that's perfect. What if should we tell him? And then China saves the Day. It's a whole part of the movie there. That's how you got stuff into China. Stroke the egos. There was a lot of investment. Can I remember the big Chinese production company? Is it something forward? Go Forward? Well whatever it's got the like the diamond orange yellow logo. Oh no, it's well go Usa, that's what it is. Well go Usa. If you ever see that before a movie, that's China. That's Chinese dollars there. So if you're Marvel and you're putting together obviously the New Avengers movie. Now, those are the types of movies where you do three hundred million in the US two hundred million in China opening weekend. China's not gonna take those movies. One of the first things we're gonna do is eighty six that So, does that mean Hollywood will not try to appease China and kiss their you know, kiss their boots in making these and we'll get some American products. Now, they're probably still assuming that someday China will let it in and they can still reap dollars off. But that that's a whole different consideration. With the way that modern blockbuster movies are planned for right now, China is a very important component, and so when a movie doesn't get in over there, it's it's a big financial deal and it's been just like everything else, it's kind of a hose in us. And I remember, I will say the one that I do appreciate is, do you remember China wanted a change in the Maverick movie, the Top Gun Maverick movie, and it was a bridge too far and it was one simple change. Ross do you remember what the change was when they wanted in the Maverick movie. It had to do with his jacket.
Speaker 3: Because he had his little jacket on and it had the Taiwanese flag on.
Speaker 1: It had a Taiwanese flag, which is true to the original movie. It's on there, and they wanted him and so I guess they shot some scenes without it, and then somebody, rightfully, maybe it was Tom Cruise, I don't know, somebody went, this is we're not we're China's. This is Maverick. Every second, I let China dictate what's on his jacket, So we're.
Speaker 3: Not going to right they fixed it, and then they fixed it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then they put it back. Yeah, so they're just like, fine, screw you. But like the fact that they thought that they were willing to yield to that nah and said good on, even if it's crazy. Tom Cruise whoever, went, now, we're not doing this thing, and what did we get? Remember Remember how much they were clowned on that movie. It was just going to be a nostalgia popcorn fast and nothing more, which it kind of was. But it arguably saved the movie industry. And I don't think that's too I don't think that's too aggressive a description. Right, This is the back end of COVID movies that are coming out, where a lot of them were going direct to streaming services. Nobody was making any money because he didn't have theaters in a lot of states. And they they figured out, they timed it just perfect. They put the money into it, they did the production, and that thing was absolutely as much as the critics wanted to hate it, it was a huge six.
Speaker 3: Steven Spielberg said that that movie saved the industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, then there you go.
Speaker 3: Steven Spielberg says, you know, he told that the Tom Curry on the red carpet for some movie.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, you know what, now, as you mentioned that, I think, yeah, I think I do remember that. And you didn't have to edit out a Taiwanese flag. So don't even want to hear it. Jake, what's up?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was gonna talk about the Lebron doll. It's a doll. Let's just get over. It's a doll.
Speaker 1: He was just trying to justify all the weird stuff in his studio he calls action figures. So that's what's up.
Speaker 4: Quite the possibility anyway, the price of the doll. The doll is seventy five dollars. Do you remember how much toys used to cost back in the day. I mean, granted there were not seventy five dollars, but you know, just for inplace and all that jazz, it was about seventy five dollars. I mean, the only thing that seems to be seems to be equivalent would be like.
Speaker 1: Any I don't believe that adjustifible.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know toys were toys were not like I mean, not that expensive. But when you just for the inmplation, I mean.
Speaker 1: Give me which, give me which decade you're talking about for toys.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm talking like maybe the sixties and seventies and hell even even into the forties, and we even they even had toys back and the day were you set stuff on fire?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, you're not gonna get an argument for me that we had better toys back in the day, sir, Because we had.
Speaker 4: There were better toys. You got less of them though, too. So the cool thing was was you weren't stepping on toys every single morning when you get out because you're overwhelm with toys because they're so cheap that you know, Grandma and grandpa spoil their kids obviously, but then you get uncles and everything, and all the toys are all over the floor and all that.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Look, let's face it, the greatest, the greatest toys of my era, my generation. I would always get bigger toys, more higher quality toys, whereas my sisters there it was more of a numbers game for them, which is fine. Every kid's different. Yeah, So like I had the big the Walker, the at at the Star Wars with the compartment in the better and that wasn't cheap man. And then of course there was the holy grail of toys for people that are in you know, like Ross and I age Ross. Do you remember your first video game system? Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, It was a Nintendo Entertainment system and I was in like fourth grade. We moved into our new house. It was the greatest moment of my.
Speaker 1: Life, greatest moment, greatest moment for life.
Speaker 3: I can't express to you. I can't express Okay, I can't express to you how happy I was opening that box and seeing that Nintendo.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just can't. Yeah, anyway, Jake, what you want to add something real quick?
Speaker 4: Could I add something about the Aslan voiceover all?
Speaker 1: That yet, sure real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't care if Meryl Street voice is it because she sound like a dude.
Speaker 1: Or god, I don't know, man, oh.
Speaker 4: God, I guess I don't know. I don't care. I don't care voiceovers, I don't care. I mean, who was the guy that did a poop in the and the girl that did Bart?
Speaker 1: I don't care. Well, the guy who did a pooh was Han Kazaria, who's hilarious by the way. Indeed, if anybody doesn't believe, they should watch Brockmeyer. But I will warn you that they then cash all their credit And thanks for the call there, Jake on what was a hilarious show where they decide to cash all their ducats on a whole abortion storyline, which it's like, it's a comedy thing about baseball. What are you guys doing? I never understood that, but yeah, it's a great show.
Speaker 3: Meryl Streep is not a voice actor, and she's not the same as the chick that does Bart Simpson's voice. It's not they're doing it on purpose because they know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing, and they know what Aslin is supposed to embody and once again, he's not supposed to be symbolic. It's not supposed to be an analogy. This is supposed to be Christ. It is Christ in that universe, so stop.
Speaker 1: Well you don't think Christ can be the chick from what's the one where?
Speaker 3: No, I do not.
Speaker 1: That movie?
Speaker 3: Uh The Devil Wears praduc The Devil Wars Proda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't want to Christ with that attitude. That's just me.
Speaker 3: So anyway, maybe they'll like super reverb and like pitch her voice down. Maybe they'll make her sound like James Earld Jones or something.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they should auto tune her then, yes, what's his name? She's still alive. Who's the auto tune guy?
Speaker 3: Oh? T Pain?
Speaker 1: Yeah it's good tea pain in there, but amazing what you don't want to show up at the Pearly Gates and hear T. Poyne's voice reverbed, Come on, man.
Speaker 3: I like, no, it's up there and you're here like I'm on a boat.
Speaker 1: I'm on a boat. Yeah he was, though, I mean that's technically accurate. Him and the dudes from the Titanic are all just sitting around reminiscing like, oh went better for you. Yeah he had forty days, but uh, you know we were dead in three or whatever it was. So just sit around Heaven just talking about it. But you're grouped like it's prison and instead, but by race, it's by how you died. So what would be the cool kid club there? If that's how people grouped in the yard up in prison it was by how you died, like I think airplane crashed, it'd be kind of interesting. Right of course you got some pretty famous ones, but also you got like Amelia Earhart in there, you got one of the Kennedys, you got some great athletes and some wonderful singers from back in the fifties. I don't know, I'd be a pretty good group to hang out with mine. Now, the group I wouldn't want to hang out with is remember that dude who died because they gorilla glued his eyes shut and wrapped him in saran rap. I don't want to show up at that group.
Speaker 3: No, it's embarrassing. If you're standing in line like that, all.
Speaker 1: Covered in saran rap, you can't even speak. Say, Peter's like what's your name? Like you're like, well, you can't come in, sir, I don't I need id.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's probably out how it works, all right. Anyway, seven nineteen hang on, no, no, no, no, it's it is somewhat interesting because it's not just about the Power Rangers, which I never really got into. Ross never really got into we we were we had age past that. So I don't know a lot about Power Rangers other than by the time I saw it, I'm like, this is this is little kid dumb. Yeah, if you enjoyed it, fine, But my best friend's sisters school then my best friend's sister was into and I remember we had the same reaction watching Really this is dumb. Yeah, this is so dumb. But hey, mayby gazillion dollars. All right, so we'll actually here. Since since we're here, let me just share this story with you. So apparently the head rider for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers name is Tony Oliver. H is uh. There's a new investigation Discovery series called Hollywood Demons, and really it's it based. It probably is airing about two to three years too late, because it's all about going back and retroactively calling out people for things that happened years before. Many of the activists were born, you know where they're like, remember they tried to cancel the Duke. They're like, oh, we just saw this interview from the nineteen seventies that John Wayne gave the Playboy we're canceling him, and America collectively went, you're not canceling John Wayne. Shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an interview from like what nineteen seventy one or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you don't get to retroact. Well, there was very problematic. Remember was shining then the Sean Connery interview where he talked about giving his woman a little smack back in like nineteen eighty and I think it was it was a Diane Sawyer. It was somebody big interviewing him, and they were just like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not surprising. All of this, you know, correlated or went along with the tearing down the statues. They're just like, we have to get rid of all the crap from the past, all right.
Speaker 1: So I feel like this series where they're going back and retroactively doing this you missed you probably missed it by a few years, but we'll see. So apparently he's interviewed in it and he wanted to publicly apologize for the way that they casted the Power Rangers because and I did not know this, the Black Power Ranger was portrayed by a black actor and the Yellow Power Ranger was portrayed by an Asian actor or actress, right right.
Speaker 3: I believe the Pink Ranger was a female as well, right well.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's how she identifies, we don't know.
Speaker 3: But I think the Yellow Ranger was also female, so I don't know, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was female Asian female. And then who was Trina Kwan? It was the name. I don't know the actress there a true train so but yeah, they're like, ah, that was that was bad of us. That was super big. And we made the Black Ranger the black one and the Yellow one the Yellow one too. What we did there, and we're really really sorry. And I'm like, was this an issue back then? I don't remember this. He was this guy running around when you're not can believe what we did, no or just what it was. Nobody cared and it made it primely made sense back then. I Yeah, again, I don't know. I don't know they ever watched an episode of the show, but uh, we're gonna go. We're gonna go, We're gonna go do this. I can't believe anyone except for the most nosed, pierced, and purple haired among us, are going to enjoy this series. But I could be wrong. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor where you're going back and retroactively taking your current set of emotional guidelines and standards and attempting to apply him to people thirty or forty years ago. Not simply about cancelable stuff. It's just an element of it. Some of the stuff. And you're absolutely right, is story is about, you know, like really bad Like if you go back to like the old Nickelodeon days, there's some crazy stories there. But now you're talking about people that take advantage into kids and all that stuff. That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people feel that they need to apologize for a casting choice for a kids show from thirty years ago that nobody cared about at the time. So yes, yeah, no, I'm not with the dad from seventh having is alleged to have done no no, no, no, that's fine, but it's it's the cancel culture part for innocuous thing.
Speaker 3: But it's also dumb because.
Speaker 1: It's into there so anyway, sorry what.
Speaker 3: It's also dumb, right because like the white guy was the White Ranger, the female was the Pink Ranger. Then you had what a red Ranger or was it green?
Speaker 1: Well, the red Ranger is the one who murdered his roommate with a sword.
Speaker 3: Right, so that's fround up fun And the black one is the Black Ranger and the yellow was the Yellow Ranger. But wasn't the point like they were all sort of coming together and working as a team. So it sort of works, right.
Speaker 1: I guess, Yeah, it stands that weird sequence when they powered up. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I always saw it as like an older kid, as like a version of Voltron for some reason, like how they would all come together to form like this team like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, I don't know enough about the show, so I assume that you're correct on that. I've never watched an episode. I didn't even really fundamentally understand it. It was like Barney, I never other than watching, you know, stuff to make fun of. I don't know what happened there, which is why when we do anything about kids shows, I got to go to you because I have no idea what's on Pepa pig.
Speaker 3: I was forced to watch Barney and Repeat when I was a kid, and I was much older, because my mom would take care of children. That's what she did. She babysat children. There was always like kids in my house, like tiny little babies. And you can't remember a time where we didn't have children in the house and all that stuff on repeat. Yeah awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know a lot more about it than I do. So there you go. Okay, yeah, all right, so some people were concerned. I was no, no, no, no, no, no. The Hollywood creepers out blessing kids. That's fine, it's but it's when we're getting into retroactively apologizing for power rangers. I'm like, you realize this isn't a thing anymore. You just dumb. So we shall see. All right, let's get to this saw this yes, say, of course, Newsweek was happy to run this new map shows world's most hated countries for twenty twenty five. All right, so if you had to guess what are the most hated countries in the world, well and again, then they just ask people from all over the world. So you got Europeans, Asians, Americans, South Americans, you name it all way and in, and you know, people are gonna have their favorites to hate on. Every country has their own favorite to hate on. The US is unique in the fact that so many countries prefer to hate on us, but they hate on us for like our largess right. If you listen, especially among Europeans, if you listen to beef, they're like that they got too many freedoms, too much food, and the roads are too wide and they're arrogant. Well, let me tell you there's a lot. I've done a lot of traveling. I will tell you this. In almost every Latin American country I've been in, they have. And this is why sometimes stereotypes are probably okay. They think they assume that if you're an American, you're rich, and you know, arguably comparably you are for a lot of a lot of countries. You know, where the animal salaries in the you know, low thousands of dollars maybe, but not everyone is rich rich. But they make that assumption. And I've never pushed back on it, not because I act like there's a difference between going over and acting like an a hole, which unfortunately, Uh. The TikTok community and streaming community is embracing, like that dude in the Philippines who's like, hey, it'd be a fun prank if I take their guns. Oh I'm going to a Filipino prison for twenty years. This is gonna suck. Right, They don't have any they have any patients for that. That being said, you know they want to think that whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be bad though, because then they have a better chance of being taken if you go down there.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, that's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 3: But you know, ultimately think I'm super poor, like, don't don't kidnap me.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what I tell people if they're gonna go travel, Like, I don't know if you're going to walk around a country that has a high crime rate or is considered third world in any way, shape or form, even if it's a nice area, I tell don't wear jewelry. Don't do it. I know you'd like to wear your watch, maybe you got some bracelets or what. I just don't do it. Don't wear jewelry and figure out how the men dress locally. You'll dret you will blend in ninety percent of the places if you ever go to Latin American country. So Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, any of the rest. Most men, even if it's hot, they don't wear shorts. And American tourists they you know, they go and they throw the shorts on and the flip flops, and you're already standing out. But now you're really standing out. You throw a regular old shirt on and jeans, you'll blend like ninety percent of the people, you'll blend in right there. They're going to ignore you. No, it's the people that are running around, you know, with their selfies sticks, doing insane Those are the people that attract attention. But I'm like, all right, well, it's you know, some stereotypes are like okay, right, and some or not. With that being said, it is a pastime of many countries to hate on the US, but this year we rocketed up the list because even though people in these countries will talk about, oh, I hate America, they will consume and have their lives shaped by American products and entertainment and they can't get enough of it. They can't get enough of it, you know. They a lot of the American companies who are chains in the US do one offs in some of these countries. But they do them different. Go give you an example. If you go to some of the countries in Latin America, especially in South America, you'll see this. They will have a one off of a chain in the US, so it could be Olive Garden, it could be Krispy Kreme, right, But the Krispy Kremes don't look like what yours looks like because they weren't really made for people to go there. They were made for what are called motocochow delivery services, where there's motorcycles zipping everywhere. Uber Eats and others that run those, and it's and it's always ungodly. I think I saw what a dozen donuts cost at Krispy Kreme in Panama, and it was let me do the I was twenty two dollars for a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme. So they're really high end and it's really just kind of and and they love those damn things and they're everywhere. Well, I don't know if you know this Panama. Oh and if you get off, if you go what I've I've posted a picture when I flew into Panama a few years ago. I got off my gate and I'll right out the other side of the gate as an olive garden in the airport there right like they love the American brands. Hell, Panama uses the dollar, but Panamanians are not fans of the US right now, well even though their currency is our currency and their banks hold so much US money, and they love Panama is a shopping destination too, So if you really want to, you really want to take advantage of some tax free stuff, that airport and the outlet stores, which are literally an extension of the airport, are yours for the picking. Yet they're all mad and they just had pete hegseth down there because you know the canal thing. So I expect them to say that, But the majority of the people saying this, here's why they're mad. How many of you had a kid? How many of you had a kid, and they have an allowance and then they did stupid kids stuff and you're like, I gotta I gotta make an example of them, and you suspended their allowance or took it away. What was the reaction? Were they happy about it or do they have an absolute meltdown and tell you they hated you. Well, we just took everybody's fun money away. If you think about it, was there a country? I mean, we do you know, so literally in Congress yesterday they had to pass a bill saying that we wouldn't fund the Taliban anymore. That required congressional action. Like we just went and took everybody. We're the parent, We just took everybody's money away. Oh I'm sorry. You're gonna have to produce your own trans operas, Columbia. You're gonna have to do your own this, that or the other. So you're gonna have to pay for your own defense Europe while you continue to fund putin dollars and of course pump money in Ukraine simultaneously and close all your coal plants. Yeah, no, you're gonna have to pay for this yourself. And so what do they do? They get all mad? Yeah, animaity towards the US is because quote, the US tends to over This is the their reasoning. The most common answer given is the country oversteps when trying to influence international events. Why you want us to pay for all of them? You want us to pay And I'm not saying Look, I'm not saying that some of the stuff that we're going back to, like Central America, what was going on with the Sandinistas and all that was probably a good idea, and yeah, the US has got their nose up in it. But anytime something bad happens in the world, ross who do they call? And it's been this way for quite a while. They call us every time, every time, every time. Do you remember when the tsunami hit Indonesia and like they would hold those world leaders would berate the US because we were giving the most of any country and yet it still wasn't enough. And they're like, how dare you sit there and not give more money to what happened in Indonesia, which was an absolutely devastating thing. And it's like, well, are you mad at us? Oh, somebody's screwing around with the shipping lanes over there. Who do you call the US?
Speaker 3: No, it's so stupid. If we get involved, we're called, you know, evil imperialist Americans. And if we don't get involved, they're like, oh, you guys are being selfish. And one thing you've seen the past what two three days when it comes to the world's economy in these foreign countries economies, is if we back out and say hey, we want you know, we they need us more than we need them. He saw that across the globe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct. I think a lot of these Europea, especially Eastern European countries might break from the EU if he really wants to get into this because they're not full full members and so they can do that, which they probably should, because look, Poland doesn't want to bide by what you EU he's doing. I bet they'd probably love to do a deal. So one hundred percent. All right, let's get raced Agic here because he's doing double duty and supporting what's going on there. Okay, uh, anyway, raced Agic from the Weather channel. Oh great, oh geez, okay, all right, Well hopefully I'll give him a moment to call in on the phone. Yeah, that's what that was. Huh what's that? Oh? There we go? All right, somebody screwed with roster.
Speaker 3: Somebody somebody raised somebody with somebody studio and they put the country feed station on the selector on the selector feed Yeah, why would you?
Speaker 1: Ross is gonna have to hunt somebody down now not gonn end? Well, so can I ask you a question?
Speaker 5: Don't you all have the same rule, like when you go into your studio the way.
Speaker 3: You right, especially when one person tends to work in that studio every day. Do not so you just don't come into somebody else's house and just messeduff up and leave.
Speaker 1: We we had to go. We went through that for years.
Speaker 5: When I first with all the fillings, they come in and to like start pushing buttons and everything.
Speaker 1: We're like no, like for a morning show like The Morning, do you know how it is when you work early mornings. Obviously one thing is off, like if your keys are in the wrong spot in your house time that we go to work, like you can ruin everything and it's such a simple thing, so you don't the morning.
Speaker 3: It also makes no sense because this is the only studio like this, This show is the only We are the people here right now. There's nobody else in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to.
Speaker 3: The studios, all right, Yeah, jeez, okay, stand back.
Speaker 1: Anyway you got double dyah because yeah, you know, there's obviously what's going on to try it the triangle, but right right Augusta, Georgia. Kind interesting. It was a bench, so they might yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Might have a little wet weather later today, some showers around tomorrow. I think the weekend is going to beautiful so let's just go with that. The weekend in Augusta should be nice, might have some severe weather later today early tonight, hopefully it'll be after sunset after they've done golfing, but it's going to be close, and I'll think to be on again off again with the shower storms tomorrow, so maybe some delays, et cetera, et cetera. As I said, though, the weekend does look pretty decent as it does here more sly clouds contended to thicken up here today upper sixties, maybe seventy for the triangle, then tonight, a few showers and thunderstorms into tomorrow, and there's kind of a few rounds that come in, so they'll be at time, some breaks, some stronger storms possible. Not going for a big severe weather risk or anything like that, but it's not zero, and then everything should start shutting down later tomorrow night and Saturday, just a few showers with cloud it's a mid to upper fifties, and then Sunday does look like the better day of the upcoming weekend with lots of sunshine, a little bit sixties back near eighty though by early next week, so cay see little wet weather starting tonight. I want to get off again through tomorrow. But there's going to be dry hours too, but just really not until the weekend doesn't get real nice, especially Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, question, we were talking about kids toys because they sucked down and ours were better because it's late Lebron James Kendall and I'm out and seventy five dollars. By the way, I heard about it. I just heard about it down the road from you. But I was talking about like I was opted as a kid for the big toys, and my sisters were more into numbers, right, they went in multiple so they get cheaper ones, and I was I said, one of the coolest ones was I had an at at, you know, the big Oh yeah, somebody's mad at me. He goes, it's an AT and eight. So you're a nerd who cares about this.
Speaker 5: Which is yeah, I have an ad at I called at correct tram arm or transport if you want to get technical, I have one now, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It's pronounced at ay.
Speaker 3: Do they ever like say it in the movie or is it just sort of like a fan thing that fans know.
Speaker 5: I think it's based on the markings on it, right, they call them walkers, Yeah, call but walkers.
Speaker 3: But Luker Hahn was never like, oh, it's an ad ADD or at.
Speaker 5: The little small things in ATST. They just call it an ATST, the little walker, the scout walker also known it anyway.
Speaker 1: It's like talking to a military guy who's not civilian. Let it go, throwing acronyms like I don't know what that is? All right, all right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. So raced agis on team ad AD. We'll ask Steven can't coming up at eight oh five. We'll even ask Jeff Bellinger for all the good little do just to amuse ourselves. So lots to get to hang on another toy. That was a holy Grail level toy back when we were kids. I'd forgot about it. I never had one, and I never knew anyone who had.
Speaker 3: I never did either. It was the aircraft carrier for g I Joe, amazing, amazing. See the size of that thing is probably the size of my living room back in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, I did remember. I had the ad AD and I had the Millennium, and that was as big as we were going to go. That's as big as we were going to go right there. But I do remember that being a thing and then going back to the video game thing too. Also one of the interesting things about the Nintendo era there was it also was what I would consider the first iteration of modern hipsters, right, because there was always that one kid who didn't have a Nintendo because his parents bought him a Sega Genesis. So then he had to explain to you every day why the Sega Genesis was superior, as though he's compensating for someone, and it really I can only play Sonic so much.
Speaker 3: Right because it wasn't what you saw on the screen. But I remember the first time I saw Nintendo and I didn't know it until third grade. I'd never seen it before. I had played Atari bowling up to like third grades, like nineteen eighty eight. I went to my friend's house. Evangelis was his name, still, remember, Evangelis Constantinos pap and Ekos.
Speaker 1: Was that that sounds like a dude with a Sega Genesis.
Speaker 3: No, he had a Nintendo. I had never seen it before. He was playing Atari and he turned the thing on and it was Mike Tyson's punch Out and it was my brain exploded. I was like, what am I looking at? This controller has four buttons. This is the most shame for your whole life. It changed. I felt like this is how the Indians had to feel when they saw the ships coming up over the horizon.
Speaker 1: Just They're like, oh, that goes one of two ways.
Speaker 3: I don't even check out. I don't even know what I'm looking at right now. I went home. I'm like, ma, ma, and that Christmas. I got it. So I think they hit it from me for the longest time because it was expensive.
Speaker 1: You'll not meet a bigger fan of professional golf than our next guest NERD correspondent Stephen Kent, who is uh all ready to go? You got your Master's watch party, ready to do this thing? I got it?
Speaker 2: And that was some lovely intro music. I like the change casey.
Speaker 1: Well that's the official Masters music, which you know, being a huge golf fan obviously, so.
Speaker 2: Of course I'm known for my golf fandom.
Speaker 1: Uh huh uh huh. Who do you think is gonna win? Who do you like? Ross picked? The player doesn't play anymore, so he's out.
Speaker 2: Joe Joe Rogan, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you this. I would love to watch Joe Rogan win the Masters, just to watch the left meltdown.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, world bird. I will tell you this. So have you ever been to Augusta, Georgia?
Speaker 4: You have not?
Speaker 1: So the Masters, this, this this icon of a country club is really in a dirt bag part of town. It's pretty rough over there. But across the street from the Masters you have all the chain restaurants and they have a Hooters there and every year John Daly sits in the parking lot or in the Hooters selling his merch there with a big tour bus. He lives in and just drinks all day, talking with fans. So it's almost as good as going into the Masters if you get that experience. Some of our listeners kids went over there and got a picture with John Day the wild Man.
Speaker 2: So Apple Hooters as as as it should be. This is what nature intended. But isn't isn't Hooters toast now bankrupt?
Speaker 1: Uh So they're they're reorgan but they're gonna do away with the Hooters so a little more so that's I'm sure that'll work real well.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Actually, it was kind of crazy. We had a story. I wasn't gonna get into this with you, but yesterday we had a story where they were talking about the top fast casual restaurants in America. Which one do you think is the number one? You know, those chain you know, sit down but not a huge price point restaurants. What do you think is the number one in America?
Speaker 2: I think the obvious answer is Applebee's, So it can't be Applebee's.
Speaker 1: What about a chilis No, not chili Chili's does well a lot better than Applebee's. It was for years Olive Garden, but it's got surpassed. It's now Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Texas Roadhouse. Those buildings are humongous. I don't I don't know how they afford to even build these things. They take them two plots of land. Yeah, it's good steak.
Speaker 1: It's good steak for not a lot of money. It's it's it doesn't have any reason to be that good. Yeah, they grew fifteen percent last year, whereas Olive Garden for the much. Although Ross takes beef because he says all of gardens find out, but whatever, I'm not having that argument again.
Speaker 2: America is upping their standards.
Speaker 1: We love it. Yeah, So I love that this very hoiity toity event over there, the People's Tournament, all that stuff. You can go across the street and tip back beers with John Daily. Why you stare at Hooters? So America, Man, America, America. Now, unfortunately they just a newsweek had a piece out yesday. America is now the third most hated country in the world, probably because we took so many of these kids allowances away. But also they're like, oh, we don't like how you you're You're involved in all this stuff. You're trying to shape the world, except when something bad happens then they want us to be involved. But what is going on with China is more than just shaping tariffs and things like that. It's now going to creep into and I'm curious your thoughts on this. Hollywood's probably screwed while this is going on, because these people trip over themselves to China eyes, if that's a word, many movies because they realize they want three hundred million in the US two hundred million opening in China, and so they will do things like compromise storylines or insert characters like they did in The Martian or any or have John seen a make a weepy video apologizing in Mandarin.
Speaker 3: Right, that's done.
Speaker 1: I have to assume China's not taken any of Hollywood's products right now. And if you're producing the new Adventure stuff, how does that play into it?
Speaker 2: Well, this is something that is being discussed right now. Chinese authorities are looking at kicking the door closed on Hollywood films, which honestly good for them. I wish we could kick the door closed on Hollywood films ourselves, but for some reason, we're trapped. And they only bring in about thirty four films roughly from America every single year, and they have a revenue sharing agreement they split the proceeds. At least twenty five percent goes to the Chinese state, And so I think that they're kind of looking at this and going like, we never needed this, we don't need this.
Speaker 1: We did this.
Speaker 2: As part of our cultural expansion. But it will really, really really hurt California. And I don't think Donald Trump is going to care, nor should he.
Speaker 1: No. And I saw something now that only six percent of primetime television or first top release movies or even shot in California anymore.
Speaker 2: Like that's happening in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's happening in Georgia or Turkey. They shoot a lot of stuff in Turkey and Canada. I always hated the fact that if you saw a Western, even one that was meant to portray like Dance's Legends of the Fall was shot around the time. And by the way, they came and they shot some of it in Wyoming because you have the Tetons are a very unique look, and they did some other stuff, but the majority of it was shot in Canada.
Speaker 2: And well, and you can find a really great video of Adam Scott. You know, he's from Parks and rec and he's the star of Severance on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's talking at the right medea. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rob is totally dunking on California's management of the movie industry and how everybody shoots anywhere else in the world besides Hollywood, and that is.
Speaker 1: There's one hundred mile radius where because of the union deals, if you're within that one hundred miles, it's ungodly more expensive than if you're outside of it. And it's like this self inflicted Yeah, that's the same thing where I heard the six percent stat was Rob low because Rob Loo was saying they had another show lined up for him and they were telling me how to move to Manhattan. He said no, and then like they just didn't do the show because nobody will work in la anymore.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: But but admittedly, when you're spending five hundred million dollars on a movie, which what do you think they're going to spend on this Avengers movie? It's between that and market is probably going to be more than five hundred million, right, because they expect billion dollar returns. China was not an insignificant number there. They made about a quarter billion in China. Endgame. So does it do studios have to reimagine what they're doing and what does it mean for a big production that's already in production.
Speaker 2: Well, I certainly think that they're going to have to reimagine things, and they could just go the way of cutting budgets. I mean a lot of these movies, the majority of the budget is being driven by the massive, massive proceeds commanded by every one of these actors. You know. I was just reflecting the other day on the pay that the Lord of the Rings stars got back in the early two thousands. The people who played like Frodo and Sam and Aragorn and Legolos, most of them were pulling I kid you not about one hundred hundred twenty thousand dollars on average, not for one movie, but for the entire trilogy of Lord of the Rings films. And they did this specifically to make those movies commercially feasible. They could not make those movies and go and shoot everywhere they wanted to shoot and pay these actors the kind of things that they wanted. It was a huge gamble. And right now the Avengers movies are really weighed down by actor salaries. That is not an insignificant part of the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I appreciated too actors and producers that were willing Remember China they had that demand that for the new Top Gun that they changed the iconic jacket that Tom Cruise wore. And I think it was Tom Cruise or one of the producers like no Taiwan flag stays and China's like, well, you don't air it here, And that movie arguably saved the movie industry. Courdya. Steven Spielberg even said that Ross reminded me of that quote.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean they've maybe on this, maybe on this headline every couple of years, like X y Z movie has saved the movie industry. Now apparently it's Minecraft has saved the movie industry.
Speaker 1: We'rering get into that and the first one is entire story. Yeah wait, we think Rachel Zegler's face looked like when she saw the Minecraft quadrupled her weekend? Or is she not self aware enough to care?
Speaker 2: Probably scrumstuff and sour as usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, So Ross went and saw did you go see the Minecraft movie?
Speaker 2: I was telling Ross, I don't have a teenage son, so I have not seen Minecraft. But I hear it's a riot.
Speaker 1: Riot might be the right word. So I've seen a bunch all right, So I can't tell if it's Remember when you were a young kid, you're young punk and you wanted to, you know, just disrupt things and be a jerk where you'd kind of like mom onto something, but it wasn't your real reasoning. I don't believe for a moment that these teenagers showing up to see Minecraft. At the moment the Frankenstein Chicken thing or whatever it is comes out, they have to stand because they're all filming themselves. It's clearly content for TikTok and stuff. And then at the moment it happens, everyone just loses their mind. They start throwing popcorn each other. Some guy stood up projectile vomited on a bunch of people, and then they got a fistfight, as you do. And Ross said, somebody brought a chicken too one right, And so movie theaters now are saying this is a problem, and they actually ended up, you know, pushing a bunch of these guys out. Is there not eight year olds? They're clearly teenagers. I was a teenager. I was a pain in the butt. I feel their motivations are less about the fandom and more about using the fandom to be disruptive for internet clout. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm gonna side on the side of the youth on this one. I think this is fantastic. One of my main concerns about young boys today is that they are not quite rambunctious enough out in the real world, like they have been so stripped to the bone by online culture and video games and surfing the internet, but they hardly get into any trouble anymore. And just the fact that you're getting all these boys together in the movie theater, and they've got this sort of weird social dynamic going on, and it's it's unleashing itself into chaos. I'm honestly amused, and good for the boys there being boys again.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna get off the long guys. So I always have to slip reyslope these things. But also there's no there's no danger that I'm going to go watch a screening of Minecraft here soon and have my movie going experience disrupted, because that's just not me. I will say this though, Jack Black seemingly that Kyle Gass incident clearly isn't stopping people, So I guess he might have slipped that just even though they were that old statement where he didn't push back was kind of hanging on him. But him party ways with Kyle Gass, I think actually worked and he was able to save his image.
Speaker 2: I suppose, so Jack Jack Black will be fine. He's got so much goodwill and he's never done that many controversial things, right, he will, He will be okay, and the kids will too. Let them let him wreck the theaters for Minecraft. American economy needs this right now.
Speaker 1: Let's go now. Ross told me you want to mention We're going to go back some we talked about the other week. I don't believe you said it wasn't true, which is the way that you kind of worded in that email. I think you said you were hesitant because it was such an insane story, and that's where I was too. I'm like, I hope Stephen's right, because when I tried to research it, I saw no pushback, which is why I brought it up. So this was the idea that the studios had approached Meryl Street to voice Aslyn, who is literally Jesus in the you know, is Christ in the Narnia series? Are you you've now come to the conclusion that might be true? Huh?
Speaker 2: There There is no indication at this point that it's not true.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: This was coming from a friend's kind of strange entertainment blog called Nexus Media, and then it finally got picked up and substantiated by Deadline Hollywood, which is not insignificant. And it does seem that Netflix is going down this road. And boy, I've sent an email to I think every PR person at Netflix at this point telling them, you don't have.
Speaker 1: To do this. Get away from the Narnia. How many what's the d are they how many movies they are they basically planned to do, because this is one of those where they've already secured funding for more than one.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, they have secured funding from more than one Narnia movie. They are beginning with The Magician's Nephew, which is chronologically the first film, and it covers the creation of Narnia Asla breathing Narnia into existence, and the main character of that book, Diggery, is going to you know, he grows up to be the professor who owns the wardrobe at which the original kids go through in the line of which in the Wardrobe. So it's a pretty effective prequel. There are supposed to be more after that, but you know, these things change when when film's mom. If the debut is a is a failure, then the rest will absolutely be shelved. You know. This is very much what happened with the original trilogy from Disney. They did Lie In the Witch and the Wardrobe, huge, huge hit, and then the other two after it were duds, and they started raining in the budget to make those movies a little bit less of a loss. This is very likely what could happen here. And by the way, I'm going to share a link with you and Ross to a website where you can send an email to the folks at Netflix and the Greta Gerwig production and tell them you do not want Aslan to be gender swapped for a woman and played by Meryl Streep because we're going to need to just send as many people their way as we can. This just has to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think Read Hastings cares or whoever made that call, but it's so frustrating, you know, And it's so frustrating because it's such good source material. It's kind of like what Amazon did with Tolkien stuff like and I have to think that was a little instructive. But maybe although aren't they trimming down some of the episodes for the next season eight and the writers are all freaking out, So that's that's on its way out. So I mentioned China obviously, you know with Hollywood productions, how does the tariff hit all the nerd stuff? Though, because like this is bigger than that. This is video games studios production. You know, there's a lot of Chinese IP that put out a lot of things that are heavily used here in the US. And now we're talking about the TikTok band again. So I got just a couple of minutes. What are the impacts in your world?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if you're asking about about video game movies, I mean I'm really excited about the future video game movies. At this point, we've already had Borderlands.
Speaker 1: Weird no, no, I mean with with China, and you know a lot of so many ips that are not just movies, but like video games and and all of these things, there's a Chinese component, especially mobile games. Remember when remember when Blizzard tried to suicide itself with Diablo where they were going full mobile and they had that really awkward blizz on like it'll be interesting to see. Hey, real quick. I got forty five seconds. Steve is a we're talking about legend toys from our childhood. I had an ad At. Is it an ad AD or an ataight?
Speaker 2: You know what? Both are? Okay, but it's an Ata t.
Speaker 1: Now we got mixed things because the weather guy is a huge Star Wars guy. He's he's on Team at AT and you went at eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's it's at AT. But you know it's totally acceptable to just make the sound, you know, ad At that's what people would call it, but it's at at all.
Speaker 1: Right, there we go. Now we got to mix. But now well Jeff Bellinger will have to break it, so we gotta go. I appreciate it, Steve, and we'll chat next week, sir. Alright, yeah, there you go. So damn. I thought we'd have a clean sweep, but we don't. All right, we'll be back. Hang on. Just tell me. Nike is producing an autism footwear line, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's got the puzzle, a Nike Autism collection and it's it's the Nike shoe and the swoosh is the puzzle pieces of course, which I mean can be good. When we went to tweetsee recently, we did wear our wake forest fire they did. I saw you guys match it in that photo for autism awareness, and we did that so people who might be aware would see that and if we were having an issue where maybe go a little slower than other people, they might be a little patient and understanding. So that's why we did that.
Speaker 1: So maybe everyone was yeah, they were okay. Yeah, it's just because here's the thing. It's not that it's bad that a brand as big as Nike wants to bring awareness, and let's face it, they they have done a very good job or that puzzle piece. Even if you don't see the word autism, you all know what it is right by now. So that's a that's a wonderful branding thing. I just think Nike doesn't care really about that that much, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's like how they all change their slogans for Pride Month, and it's just you're finding it's just not all of them, the ones in this part of the world, right, not the ones in the Middle East. But yeah, it's just another way for them to profit off something, which I mean, they're in the business to profit, so fair play to them.
Speaker 1: But now are they made by autistic slave labor? I don't know, And if so, they would probably be like the stitching would be pretty.
Speaker 3: Good, perfect shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my new thing. That thing that really sets me off, that triggers me, okay, I'm not joking, like it really pisses me off, is And you're seeing the trend of this where you're like, the headline will be a famous singer or actress blank right in the middle of filming their newest big production. For some things right, Ip finds out they're autistic, and it's like, shut up, shut up, well are you on?
Speaker 1: Like why I could talk about this question.
Speaker 3: I could talk about it for a long time and it can get very angry. And it's so you're telling me you're seventeen or eighteen or twenty or twenty five thirty, and you've lived your entire life and you're successful singer and actress, and you've been on these studios in front of bright lights and sound and interacting arena concert and interacting and communicating with people and reading lines and being and and but now you just found out you're autistic. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's just the current flex I think because like having trans kids is so two years ago, right, yeah, yeah, so you got to pivot to something else. Absolutely, Yeah, yeah, no, you're You're not wrong, man, it is. It's pretty dumb. Uh. But to be fair, remember they also they already went through all of history and retroactively decided who was secretly gay.
Speaker 3: Or auto Yeah, Mozart Einstein new and everybody, Yeah, everybody gay or autistic or both. This is a bigger conversation that we're probably not going to have. But it came down to there used to be this thing called aspergers, and now aspergers is known as high functioning autism because they put it all under the same umbrella. They put aspergers and autism under the same umbrella. And a lot of it had to do with medical reasons and billion and all of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a whole there's even just a why a disagreement on whether it is a mental thing or it is a physiological thing.
Speaker 3: It just pisses a lot of people off. And we're in the pissed off camp where it's like and every time you see somebody on TV like The Good Doctor or somebody like the Account movie, right, it's what used to be aspergers, right, whereas our son is more severely autistic. Like and I always say this before, like, you know, if you were to meet Lincoln and you had some sort of you know, average intelligence or whatever, it would take you about ten seconds to realize that something was off and that you know, sure, there's something going on there where a lot of the people with aspergers where there. When you have aspergers, you don't have a delay in communication and a lot of these other issues, So it's easy to communicate and read and all this kind of stuff. And you know, Lincoln still talks about himself in the third person, and he still does under he's thirteen, and he doesn't understand the concept of why. Get Like, if you ask him why something, he's not going to be able to give you the answers, So you sort of have to change your wording to how come you want to do this? He doesn't understand why. He doesn't understand the concept of money, even though he's super good at math in his head. And there's just all these other issues. But I am firmly in the camp to aspergers and autism specifically, the severity of my sons are two completely different things, and they always get looped together, especially in the media where everybody who has it is like the good doctor or somebody like that. Well that's because so, I mean, it makes the storyline. You gotta have this thing going on, right, they have to be like some X Men superpower person. Yeah, it just pisses me off, all right.
Speaker 1: Let me let me get to a because you're right, it is a larger discussion, and especially the part about whether it's physiological or mental. And then like literally they one side is shut out the other side from even doing studies.
Speaker 3: Just like people don't get like, my son is always going to be like five or six years old in some respect, but in other respects he can do these amazing things and he can We're listening. We're just happy our kid can talk, right, Honestly, I'm just happy my kid can talk. And it used to be like, oh, well, I want my son to go to college and I want to do this, and eventually you realize that there are limitations on your child. My kid is always going to need somebody to look after him, always going to need somebody to care for him. He's never going to drive a car. But it's kind of a positive in a way because listen, when people have children, one thing you always hear is I wish they could be young forever. So I've been gifted with the ability God has given me a son who will always be young in that respect. I'm never going to lose my little boy. I won't because he's always going to be like that in some respect. Yeah, so I choose to look at it as a positive light.
Speaker 1: Is there any portrayal in any moderate amount within a top TV or movie series about people who are dealing with Lincoln's level of autism or is it because all I ever see, You're right, is the Asperger's thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it tends to not to be. Nothing comes off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't name any of them. All right, let me hit a couple of things here, just because we got audio. I gotta get to. Oh, let me give you the update on the story yesterday before I play this insane audio for you. So I told you this crazy story about this this guy. He was in an accident. This is Los Angeles. He hit and run, gets out of his car in some at some point, strips down to his boxers and is pretending to garden in this yard in the neighborhood adjacent and he has a guitar for some reason. And as police are descending upon it, the female homeowner comes out with a gun and there is some interaction. According to the police report LAPD. And there was a lot of them, because you know, when they're showing up after a chase, they all show up at once. I saw the woman in the house come out with the gun. They ordered her eight times to drop the gun, and she didn't. They ended up shooting at her, hit her on the shoulder, but just grazed her. H that's the wife of the dude from Weezer. It was the Weezer guy's house. She decided hopefully go ahead one more time. They were dist and they were shooting his girls. So I have to update that. That whole thing's just weird, man, Because at first I thought it might have been a language issue, but then I rethinking, I'm like, no, in La, like most of the officers probably speak some basic Spanish, you'd almost have to, So then I didn't know. Maybe it was somewhere else, but nah, She's clearly a fifty one year old white woman, so I don't know. Maybe she just everything that was going on, she just froze, But either way wanted the charge. They charged her with attempted murder because when she after the eighth time told to drop it, she turned her body and she still had the pistol out, and you know, now it's pointing at the police and they're going to shoot you. Did you point that gun at the police, especially after your eighth time they're going to shoot you? But it's just a really weird story, to be quite honest. And then real quick, well let's do this. I'll do these cuts in the last segment. Let's get rased age here. Oh he's not there yet. All right, I'm gonna do the cuts in the last segment. This story, a man in Nevada was arrested Wednesday, so yesterday after seven tigers were seized from his home. Apparently on Nevada you can get away with a lot of stuff, but apparently even in the wild animal thing is too many tigers. You have to have a Oh and you know where it was, night County Ross. You know Night County, Nevada, don't you.
Speaker 3: Isn't that it used to be on Patrol Live and Life PD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's all and it's it's definitely different from what you see another kid is.
Speaker 3: It's very desolate. There's a lot of dirt and desert and trailers, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of cold dead hands people too, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, sure you go out there. They get their five acres and they just turned the world off. So this dude had seven tigers, which great is two things. One at the time police showed up and they became aware because he was like letting people film like TikTok videos with them, which is that sounds fun? Uh, so they show up and he claimed he did not need permits because they were his emotional support tigers, which is amazing.
Speaker 3: Ross.
Speaker 1: You want some emotional support tigers, get some of those for you. Are you gonna go with dire wolves?
Speaker 3: You know, I just ordered my dire wolves, so well what was going to They were off teams, So I don't know if that's going to happen now, because these.
Speaker 1: Are going to be fine. Those are not at all going to be a donkey with a paint job or whatever that zebra was in that Chinese zoo. No real, Oh they said, it's oh okay, I'm sorry. I thought those are donkeys. Those are many zebras, my bad. And and then also where he got the tigers from, heu He bought them from Joe Exotic when he was liquidating all his stuff before going to prison. So now they're Joe Exotics tiger. They're literally the tigers.
Speaker 3: They're like famous tigers.
Speaker 1: They're famous tigers and the emotional support. However, the State of Nevada, nor the eighty A, nor anybody recognizes tigers as an official emotional support animal. And that's just that sounds like anti tiger discrimination to me. You know what, I might get seven emotional support tigers just so people leave me alone, all right, rased agent from the weather channels. Some guys seven tigers and they said wear emotional support. Well you have that.
Speaker 5: Well my daughter just got an emotional support puppy. So tigers puppies, right, what's the difference.
Speaker 1: Well, one will you hear that noise, and then one will eat your ankle, Like yeah, I want will eat your puppy? Right? Yeah, so yeah, maybe they'll be friends. I don't know. Every now, you know, they always show those videos on you're sum on the internet and you're scrolling through like Twitter or whatever, and they're like, oh, look at this lion is letting this hit and cuddle up to it. It doesn't even know. We only see the ones where it works out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Or up until the point right.
Speaker 1: Right, nobody's posting the video of like, oh we we home to coyote and we're gonna introduce it to our new kitten and it just eats. Here's what happened next. Yeah, ain't nobody posted exactly exactly? All right? I don't want it to happen, but stop putting the wild animals next to non wild animals. Yes, so let's talk to the weather because it will impact my golf watching today, but not so much me personally.
Speaker 5: No clouds will start to commander to try out a little bit more cloud in points west triangles still see in a little more in the way of sunshine, but those clouds on the move. No rain today, mid upper sixties, maybe seventy for Raleigh down toward Fayettevillain, points east. A few showers thunderstorms will start to come in tonight tomorrow. There'll be a couple of rounds coming through, so expect some breaks at times. Now we're not actually painted at any slight risk of severe. We're kind of in the light green, which means marginal risk that we could get a stronger severe storm too, so we'll be on the lookout for that and the showers. A thunder shower should inger into Friday night tomorrow li to mid sixties, and then as we get to Saturday, still a threat for a shower, but the rain will be much less in terms of coverage. Mainly cloudy for most of the day, mid upper fifties, cool at night, close to forty for Sunday morning, than sunshine mid sixties in the afternoon close to eighty on Monday. After we get through tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night, I think we're really going to go on a nice run, especially by the end of the weekend and early next week. We talked about augusta earlier, but there is rain in the forecast late today, early tonight, and some rounds of showers and thunder showers tomorrow, not all day rain, and I think the second part of the day looks better than the first.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir. We'll talk tomorrow and we'll talks up with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on.
Speaker 6: Well, good morning, Casey. This report sponsored by Total Wine and More. There is a better than expected inflation report from Washington. The Consumer Price Index, the government's gauge retail level inflation, fell a tenth of a percent last month. The core CPI, which omits volatile food and energy costs, was up just a tenth.
Speaker 1: Of a percent.
Speaker 6: The cost of airline fares, car insurance, use, car prices, and recreation all went down. Talk about a dramatic turnround. Relief over President Trump's decision to delay most of his aggressive new tariffs triggered a dramatic midweek rebound on Wall Street, but the futures suggest the party on Wall Street could.
Speaker 1: Be over when the opening bell rings this morning.
Speaker 6: Right now, the IDOU futures are down five hundred and eighty three points, about one and a half percent. Investors are focused now on the potential long term damage from the tariffs and tariff threats. There was a lot of discussion about inflation at the last Federal Reserve Board policy meeting. Minutes from that session indicate central bankers are concerned about an increased risk of stagflation. That's an economic scenario in which prices rise as economic growth slows. The director of the White House Economic Council says talks with some of the nation's trading partners are already well along. Kevin Hassett was on CNBC this morning. He said some deals were close to done last week. President Trump is indicated he would like to see iPhones produced here in the US. US at Bank of America say it might be possible to move final assembly to the US, but moving the entire supply chain could take years if it were even doable at all, and be of A says the cost of an iPhone could nearly double and the Casey, this might get some bipartisan support. If you hate having to run around in the shower to get wet, President Trump hates it too, and he's done something about it. The President signed an executive order relaxing the rules that limit waterflow to showerheads.
Speaker 1: See two and a half gallons a minute is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I have to I have to agree with you on that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, hey, real quick. In the Star Wars movies, they had that walker thing that they Is it called We're trying to there's a beef on the show. Is it called an ad ad or an ataight?
Speaker 6: What is your You know, I've seen each of the Star Wars movies once, but I cannot remember that either.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, between a couple of our other people, all right, thanks, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 1: So the question will remain unanswered because it's a tie. So I guess we'll just have to go with that, right there. I got a great Florida man, So I'm gonna roll this over to tomorrow though, because uh, we'll tie. Only got two minutes now, hey, real quick, anytime I see labeling about a Jony Ernstcott when I uh when because Ross just writes the last name. I look at it, I'm like, wait, is that Earnest P Worrel? And then I unfortunately it's Jny Arns. So that being said, she was telling a rather interesting story yesterday.
Speaker 7: NBA goes further than that, Maria things is outrageous as trying to get workers back into the office. We actually had workers that showed up at the office to protest having to come back to work at the office. So we're finding all kinds of things with right, let me.
Speaker 1: Let me just lay this out. So they ordered, you know, hey, you got to come into the office, and they're like no, and they're like, now, well you have to. You're gonna lose your job. So they then came into the office, but instead of going to work, they stood outside with signs and protests and still got fired. And are somehow wondering how that may have went down. It was just so much craziness, dude, when you were dumbing this and you see the look on Bernie Sanders face. So Anderson Cooper was hosting a town hall with Bernie Sanders yesterday and this appoll the apple Senator Bernie Sanders. I want to introduce Grace Thomas. She's a local civil rights attorney. She's a Democrat. Right.
Speaker 8: They then pronouns, actually, thank you. Polling and turnout data indicate that men of all racial demographics are turning away from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's her question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I wonder why it's stayed them