Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, how's it going?
Speaker 2: He asking me here that people are listening, all three of them.
Speaker 1: Whoever can make the awkward go away?
Speaker 2: Well, this is what episode fifty two. I'm a strange, same podcast. I am Mike, I am Austin, and we are just going to go free form, which we never do.
Speaker 1: No, never, We always plan everything out perfectly strategically.
Speaker 2: You know, I tried on this episode. I tried to go strategic and I actually did a little outline, and you know what, it just didn't feel right because it felt unnatural. Because what we're going to talk about is something that's kind of unnatural, which is what Austin, what you can talk about.
Speaker 1: I don't want to jump into it too fast, but I'm amazed at the way that ancient civilizations have been able to choreograph and engineer these blocks to fit together in a way that makes such a perfect pyramid.
Speaker 2: Pyramids, ziggorots, mounds. Yeah, these things are found all over the world, and some of them are famous, like the Pyramids of Giza, and it's just weird.
Speaker 1: How a lot of them fit. I hope I'm not jumping in too far.
Speaker 2: Jump you jump, jump, you jump.
Speaker 1: But a lot of them, Like just the way that all the little gaps fit together. It's almost strategic in the way that things, you know, like this block was cut this way and it just slides perfect and there's like such perfect there's no gaps. No, it's so perfect.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know how how people were able to come up with that without some kind of external influence or like like aliens, or even just like internal motivation or.
Speaker 2: What about fallen God's Elohim. We talked about the nephilizers limits hashtag creatures.
Speaker 1: Hey what.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, so yeah, there are pyramids, right, there's zigg rots and most of the time pyramids are reflective of something that happens in the life of humans, which is no death. It could be death more day like South America, you know, I mean people were sacrificed on the cigarettes. Their heads were chopped off, they'd roll down. If anybody saw what was that movie with mel Gibson.
Speaker 1: The Patriot Now where he was like it was like I can't take.
Speaker 2: On a lot, no, no, no, no. Brave Heart was like Ireland. This is like South America, America Apocalypto. Apocalypto was this movie about this this uh like Mayanner, Aztec kid guy whatever that escapes and and basically they hunt him and he runs and they're trying to hunt him down. What's weird about it is like pyramids are always kind of affiliated with death right, So in South America you had that kind of stuff where they were like sacrificing stuff, and like even in some of the tunnels underneath those ziggurats and South America passageways with just thousands and thousands of skulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say, you hear that a lot with like uh like burial mounds or triangular times, and the pyramids are always tombs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And you think of a geometrically sound shape is a tetrahedron, a triangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you take a tower that is maybe meant to be grown up to be godlike, like the Tower of Oh Tower.
Speaker 2: Of Babbel, and you just the ultimate.
Speaker 1: You can just climb this thing up. You take this triangle and you just build it as far up as you can until you reach self destruction.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So basically, no, I know what you're doing, but all I'm trying to do is like lay the analogy or metaphor that pyramids always kind of lots of rocks on the bed stones, that pyramids are often associated with death. And this pyramid that we're going to talk about is not an ancient pyramid. It was actually created maybe fifty sixty years ago. But it could be responsible or at least a contributor to the deaths or the ill health of millions of people across the face of the planet. What I know, I know, it's a crazy thing. You might be asking, what the dullar bill? Yeah, I'm feeling like we're doing a little bit of a bait and switch here.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: But in a way, it's not because they are synonymous, because we're not going to talk about pyramids like rocks and stones cut precisely to stack up in some kind of homage to a person, or quarts or this is very near and dear to my heart, right, Yeah, yeah, it was very good, right, because I think this pyramid has impacted hundreds, thousands, possibly millions of people across the world. Yeah, I think. And you know, the honest truth is, we don't know how many it's impacted because I'm in dead. It's not tallied yet, right, So if you don't know what we're talking about. I am talking about something deadly, and that is the food pyramid. Bu right, I know, I know it's kind of it's kind of anti climactic because oh yeah, we're talking about a food pyramid, but it's bad news. What were we gonna say?
Speaker 1: We didn't do our strangers and to do it right here? Welcome to the strangers. All right, we're good. Okay, let's keep continuing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I gotta be careful here because I want to keep this kind of light. I don't want it to get too deep, and I don't want to be too angry. But I have a lot of emotion about this because I have a personal experience with this close heart yeah, close to the heart, you know, And we kind of joke about that. But for our listeners, they probably have heard little snippets of how you know, I had some stens placed to my heart and I found out I had Type two diabetes and all of these things. And I never really had a really unhealthy lifestyle compared to a lot of people. I know. I was always fairly physically active. I ate decently well according to the diet that you're supposed to have. I never was like totally you know, like morbidly obese or or out of shape. I just, you know, I just like the average guy. I didn't realize that underneath that was that I had type two diabetes. I didn't know I had very high blood sugar levels and I don't know how long I had those, and that did some severe damage to my arteries in my heart, and so I had plaque built up and stuff in there that I had no clue. And I think for a lot of people, they just all of a sudden dropped dead. They have a heart attack, you know, at a young age, and they just dropped dead, have massive coronary and it's over, so it's never recorded. But for me, I'll tell a little bit of the story is that during COVID, I got the first COVID shot, and because of the COVID shot, it put my heart into a weird, you know, rhythm, and I kept having these heart palpitations.
Speaker 1: And you were doing some sprinkler work in your backyard, yeah, same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went out and I was trying to diggle a line and my arms quit working.
Speaker 1: You were crawling around a lot.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, Yeah, it was I mean, you know, I'd been sitting a lot and all of a suddenly I went out and started digging a trench and then my arms quit working, and I thought, man, I'm really out of shape. But that probably was a heart attack, so dead, you know, a little baby, little winer beay sprinkler.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But anyway, because of that, I went in and got checked and I was losing weight. I wasn't you know. I just didn't feel right. Something was weird. So my first step was I bought one of those online blood sugar glucose tests and self tested and it came back really high, and I'm like, what, this can't be right. So I tried it again and it was too high. It was like a blood sugar level of like two hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: And what's normal. What's considered normal one.
Speaker 2: Hundred under one hundred, So you were sixty six.
Speaker 1: You were one hundred and sixty over normal.
Speaker 2: Yes, So something was off there. I thought, Oh, that's messed up. So I thought, oh, I'll test my wife. Obviously this meter is messed up.
Speaker 1: It's the way you diagnosed, whether or not it's the system or the system that's being well.
Speaker 2: I tested her and she's like one two, and I thought, you know what, I better go get something figured out. So I called my cologist, right, I called my doctor and they said, well, we can't get you in for three months. And I'm like, well, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: And he said, get some courts and some sage. Burn the sage in your house and over your naked body, the courts on your nipples every evening at seven thirty seven?
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do? You know this is bad, isn't it. I don't know. Is it going to kill me? I don't know what. My bloodger is way high?
Speaker 1: Is that scary thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? And eventually he said, you know what, I think I've got it opening just come in, come down in like a half hour. So I went down there and they tested me and he goes, you know what, you've got diabetes. I'm like, what, shut up, I don't have diabetes.
Speaker 1: You have diabetes, doc.
Speaker 2: And so they're like, oh, yeah, so we're gonna put on meds. We're gonna put on med foreman, wait, the doctor wanted to put you on med? Yes, that was I mean.
Speaker 1: Doctor, I've never heard of doctors putting people on prescription. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so out of the box. It was like, Okay, here's what we do. He goes, We're going to put you on this American Diabetes Association diet that's supposed to help you with your blood suger and we're going to give you met Foreman and we're gonna, you know, treat you with this until finally you're going to get bad enough that you're going to have to start taking insulin and and then we'll just kind of see where it goes from there. So I'm like, oh, gross, So I'm I'm gonna have to start taking medicine.
Speaker 1: I have to take George Foreman.
Speaker 2: So I start taking met Foreman and uh, and I start doing some research online and I'm very thankful that I did about okay, low carb diets. But at the same time, they sent me to this uh diabetic training thing where basically that's, yeah, you go and they tell you about all of these things you should and not eat, you know.
Speaker 1: That you should do if you have diabetes.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean they had this thing in there, this food pyramid that you would use. And even though I was diabetic, the base bottom portion of this was cancer. No, it was grains in the whole wheat in rice in you know, beans, different beans, and I'm like, well, okay, so I can do that right, you know, I mean most of the stuff there, but my blood shirger really wasn't good. So I was taking met Foreman, which was making me sick of my stuffach. I basically had diarrhea all the time. And I got how I could kind of tolerate it, you know, not solid, it's ready nice, but the only way it was all the stuff I was like, it was very confused. And then I kept feeling awf well. Then I got my COVID test. Then I started having a hard palpitation, like what is going on? And I just felt horrible. And for a long time I would just sit around and take my pulse and I could count, like every six beats it would skip.
Speaker 1: You feel like that I have that I go to bed. Yeah, if I like drink a little more normal or something, I can feel when I go to bed, it's like a I feel like it held my breath, yeah, but I'm not holding my breath and it's just like then a hard beat yeah yeah, and my whole head pops off my pillow. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's basically what was going on. I was having that and it happened. It started like the day after I got my first COVID shot, and then after about three days, because you're supposed to take the second shot COVID shot after like ten days, I think I'm supposed to go back in. And it went away after like three days, and then I went in got my second shot, and that palpitation came back again. But it never went away.
Speaker 1: But that's how you know something works is when you have to do it a couple times before it starts to give you heart palpitation.
Speaker 2: And it's not a commentary on the COVID vaccine. I mean, people have their own mindset on that.
Speaker 1: I will fight that too.
Speaker 2: But anyway, for me, it caused my heart to act weird, which forced me into eventually because I would just sit around in a comatose state. I was losing weight, I wasn't feeling right, and you know, I was taking all this diabetic met form in medication and try to change my diet and I didn't know what was going on, and so eventually I called my doctor again. I said, man, I'm not feeling good. My heart has been having weird arrhythmias. I just read this thing online about that COVID vaccinations can cause these weird arrhythmias and that could be a problem. What should I do? And he said, well, why don't you come down, We'll hook you up and do an EKG. So I went down there.
Speaker 1: The electro cardiogram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I went down there.
Speaker 1: That's where they monitor your heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hook up all these leads. Yeah, right, and they hooked them all up and he's like, yeah, you know this kind of routine. Wasn't expecting much. And he comes back in later and he sits down after they've ran it, and they ran it twice. I thought that was weird. They ran it once and then they did it again, and he comes in. He says, have you had a heart attack? I said, I don't think so, since.
Speaker 1: I saw your mom.
Speaker 2: Then that's when I had to say, well, that one time I went out there and was digging a trench and I couldn't lift my arms up for a while. I kind of told her yeah, and he goes, he goes, yeah, you've got like a weird spike. And I don't even know what those leads and markers do, but something was indicating that I had some kind of damage in my heart. I was like, that's weird. So that started this process and it took almost five months for me to get in. They did ultrasound, they did all kinds of stuff, and then finally they sent me in. They said, oh, you know what, We're gonna go in and we're gonna have you do an angiogram. And if they're in there and there are some you know, kind of you know, calcifications or plaque build ups, then they might put in stints that turned into angioplasty. So there you go. I go in for this procedure thinking it's probably nothing, no big deal, and while I'm in there, they discover I have almost complete blockage in the widow maker they know, in my artery, in my heart artery. And then they end up putting in four stints because I had some very severe blockage. And excuse me.
Speaker 1: My god, he's playing up the sick. I'm coming to join him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so, and I was kind of out of it. I remember watching the procedure on the screen because they said that if you drink alcohol, you might not be totally out while you're they're doing the.
Speaker 1: Procedure and you didn't drink.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, it's like, you know, I had alcohol occasionally, like every time we recorded. So so I watched them do the whole procedure when they put the stand on the screen right above my head. Yeah, I remember it very distinctly, and you know, they would put these puffs of die in and I could see it on the screen and was like it didn't go anywhere. And then they put the stints in and then they do the puff and die and all of a sudden, it was like, all of a sudden, there's these like magic pathways through the things, like where did those come from? So anyway, I ended up getting four stints and saved my life. So I can honestly say that the COVID vaccine, no matter how you feel about it, saved my life because if I wouldn't have got it, I probably wouldn't have known until I had a massive coronary and just like drop dead on the ground. So that brought me back to not only do I have Type two diabetes, but now I have coronary artery disease.
Speaker 1: And a COVID vaccine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what do you do? You know, what do you do? With this, And then there was this very particular dilemma. I was in, you have diabetes, you need to be on this kind of diet, and the other is, oh, you have a heart disease, you need to be on this kind of diet. Okay, so this is where you put in the disclaimer. Go ahead and put in the disclaimer.
Speaker 1: We would like to remind you nobody on the A Strange Thing podcast network is a medical professional, and nothing we say is necessarily medically professional. All evidence from now on is anecdotal and is not submissible in court. So if you feel like we're wrong, leave a comment like us and subscribe and take your problems to your therapist and suck sucking.
Speaker 2: I should probably do that all again.
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny, it was actually good.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll leave it. But what I was gonna say is fat. So the dilemma was for me, was I follow the American Heart Association diet, which means don't eat meat because that's bad. It built up fat in your heart and it causes plaque, or I follow the American Diabetes Association recommendations, and they were diametrically opposed. If I followed the American Heart Association diet. Then I was going to have high blood sugar. If I was going to follow the American Diabetes Association diet, I was going to have high fat, which causes.
Speaker 1: High blood pressure, chsterol.
Speaker 2: Cholesterol, high cholesterol, which causes well, according to the American Heart Association, high fats cause plaque build up, high cholesterol, cholesterol builds up in your arteries, causes.
Speaker 1: Creates a venturi effect, which increases blood pressure. Right well, it causes your thumb over the garden hose.
Speaker 2: It's not even about blood pressure that plays a part. But what it does is it plugs up your arteries. You build up plaque. Eventually that plaque kind of rips and that causes a clot and that clot blocks off all you know, blood going to your heart, and it kills your heart and you.
Speaker 1: Drop dead or your brain. I could go in your brain, I mean, and it could cause a single sissy feet slapjack, go go.
Speaker 2: Boots something like that. Where did that come from anyway? But it's bad. So yeah, I was in this like this weird precarious place like don't eat fatty foods, eat non fatty foods. And on the diabetes side, they were saying eat less carbs because that raises blood sugar. So it was like I couldn't eat either.
Speaker 1: You can't eat you can only asparagus.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't even know vegetables. I become vegan. You know. It was very confusing for me. And then, you know, at the same time, I was getting drugs for everything. I had drugs for diabetes. I had drugs forbetes for my heart. You know, I had all of a sudden, I wasn't anything before, but all of a sudden, I had a bunch of statins, beta blockers, aspirin, blood thinners, and then on the other side, I had drugs like met Foreman and ozimpek that's supposed to help keep your blood sugar down. And it was like I was like, man, I don't know what to do. So out of desperation because you can't talk to doctors during COVID because it takes months to get back in, you know, I just start looking around and I start going to YouTube, and I find a few doctors that are talking about the strange correlation with basically this food pyramid that came out in like the nineteen nineties here in the United States that had this baseline of carbohydrates as the base food that you should always eat that's good for you.
Speaker 1: Eat all the spaghetti, and it was.
Speaker 2: It was basically made of breads and pastas and rice and you know anything. It didn't matter. Flour based stuff, that's your base. And that's what I did when I was growing up. I mean I didn't eat a lot of sugars, you know, like snacks or things like that, you know, candy bars. I wasn't ever a candy bar eater. So I didn't understand how could I have diabetes? Nobody in my family had diabetes. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well well, well, well, well well well well well well well well what didn't your mom have diabetes?
Speaker 2: Well, my mom had cancer. She fought it for twenty seven years, and she did have pre diabetes where you know, high glucose levels in her blood, but then she started herself and it went away, and and so she never took any medicare.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was something she was eating.
Speaker 2: Or not eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well maybe the not eating helped her sure levels go down.
Speaker 2: Well, I do know that what she loved to eat was things like you know, bread or breaded things or biscuits and gravy and things like that, which all super low glucose, yeah, which you know, yeah, no glucose. Net actually was very high glucose. But she was starving anyway.
Speaker 1: So oh, we would have given Grandma anything, anything, just to give her to something, don't care. Yeah, yeah, And she she was a fighter. How old was she?
Speaker 2: Would? She die at seventy six, seventy five.
Speaker 1: And that was take two or three of cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh, she had me. She had cancer. She had a bow mire transplant, twenty five years in remission, came back, she lived with it, what another eight nine years?
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is she'd whooped Vladimir Putin's ass.
Speaker 2: She was a toughie, she was, and she hung in there. And she did not know the word quit, so she Yeah, she was always resilient.
Speaker 1: I remember we were at a party and Grandma and I were the only ones in there serving food to everybody, yep, And you guys were all in the living room enjoying the birthday or whatever it was. And I said, what, Grandma, why are we the only one serving the farts? And she just flicked me in the mouth as hard as she could, my lips bleeding. I was like that's the f work. Yeah, don't say the work.
Speaker 2: If you said the real F word, it wouldn't be a flick of the finger, right.
Speaker 1: Job. She did not like the fart work, but it was funny. She was a feisty old lady.
Speaker 2: She was very feisty and Okay, so you could say maybe when my mom was in her seventies fighting cancer that maybe she had pre diabetes, but we didn't have like a history of diabetes in my family of family, I was the first one. And you know what, I didn't eat bad. I compare myself to my two sisters. I never ate as bad as they did. As far as like you know, eating andies and sweets and things like that. I just never was interested in it. I mean, I don't. It just wasn't.
Speaker 1: You looked at maple nut goodies twice a year, and that's.
Speaker 2: About my birthday and Christmas?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, you and I used to go get raspberry filled donuts.
Speaker 2: I still miss the mud.
Speaker 1: Arizona tea. Yeah, but you were in telling like once a week. Yeah, I mean it could have have diabetes and just ignoremous.
Speaker 2: I might have did that once or twice a month or maybe it was.
Speaker 1: And it was. It was more memorable to me than it was probably diabetically bad for you.
Speaker 2: Right, well, I mean all of this so just to say I wasn't like somebody, you know, on the extreme eating carbs or eating sugar or candy. I was just a normal guy. And you know, honestly, I was eating the diet that I was told to eat when I was a kid, you know, growing up, and especially like in the eighties. I mean, there was this thing you couldn't eat eggs or butter.
Speaker 1: Right, what what stop?
Speaker 2: Don't eat that food? Who are you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing in our house? I'm from the future. I'm here to warn you. Don't eat that food.
Speaker 2: Why not the eggs?
Speaker 1: They're full of cholesterol? What cholesterol?
Speaker 2: It clogs up your arteries?
Speaker 1: You didn't even just one egg can dramatically increase your chance of heart attack. Don't eat eggs only. Thank you, You're welcome, godspeed.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I better take those eggs.
Speaker 1: What stop? You're bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were wrong.
Speaker 1: About the eggs.
Speaker 2: Eggs and butter were bad. You had to eat eat margarine and.
Speaker 1: They're protein in like good corrupt cholesterol or bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know, you're kind of playing at this because that's still kind of the mindset. Do not eat saturated fat type stuff. Don't eat butter, don't eat red meat, don't eat bacon processed you know meats like you know, sausages and bacon nitrates. I mean, oh my gosh, don't do it.
Speaker 1: But we're sucked down that rice crispy treating them up dart for breakfast.
Speaker 2: We're getting ahead of ourselves. I'm yeah, we got to kind of like, you know, pace ourselves in this because there's a lot of passion behind it. Because I paid the cost and paying the cost of that kind of diet which was taught to me by the government that said this is what you're supposed to eat, this is what's good for you. This has the Healthy Heart stamp of approval on the box. It's good for you. And that was bullshit. Pardon my French. I don't say that word very often, but you know I say it for emphasis because this is a horrible thing and it's not just me that was impacted. There are thousands, hundreds of thousands of people that are impacted by this disinformation campaign that has been fed and has never been pulled back. Nobody has ever said we screwed up. This is not correct information. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself, don't I getting fired around my being bulging in my forehead. It makes me so mad because I think you know. Okay, so it impacted me, big deal. I'm surviving. I've learned a lot through this process. But there are I mean, okay, i'd say thousands of people listening to this podcast, but we don't have that many listeners. But there are thousands millions of people out there that are ignorant of this disinformation that is hurting them, and they don't even know it because they are eating this this diet based on this food pyramid idea of grains and rice and carbs as the baseline of what they should eat. That should be the priority, the primary thing that they eat. And it's not right. It's not healthy, it's not good. Okay, we need to put that little disclaimer back in here, because I know some doctors would argue that because they've been taught this while they're in medical school. But I've done a lot of research and I have some practical application of my own experience to throw into this.
Speaker 1: Mix, some anecdotal.
Speaker 2: Because okay, before we get there, yeah, we should do say what you're gonna say, because if not, I'm going to blow a cork.
Speaker 1: Is running low.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of passion in this he is.
Speaker 1: I weigh a number and forty five pounds, and he weighs a number and zero pounds negative five ninety pounds. Yeah, I weigh about well, okay, And I weigh a number and forty five. I'm six foot I'm six foot one. But I don't think by one inch.
Speaker 2: Said he had an extra fifty five pounds on that one extra inch yep, exactly in height. Yeah okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that makes a difference.
Speaker 2: No, we have a different bone structure. I mean everything is like everything is.
Speaker 1: It's all relative.
Speaker 2: It's relative.
Speaker 1: And I can say for my personal anecdotal evidence that I went to a doctor, a nutritionist, and she took a look at me and she was like, hey, are you like really sensitive to carbs? I was like, uh, yeah, probably, Like if I eat like cake at a birthday party, I've never you can attest, I've never been like a carb like a cake and sweets person.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And when I went into this lady, a nutritionist, she was like, you look like you are really sensitive to carbs. Yeah, And I was like, what makes you say that? And my neck apparently was like purple and red and puffy and my like love handles turn red and.
Speaker 2: Now the wonders of inflammation.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. And now that I do research, and honestly most of my research comes from like podcasts and YouTube Google searches, which can be biased, often are biased. But I don't see people out there being like, yeah, eat as much bright as you can. And that's kind of the diet I was told. And we had snap crackle and pop rice crispy for sure, as our serial characters, heart stars, horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, postic golden rabels and a red balloon.
Speaker 2: That was my.
Speaker 1: Childhood was marshmallows and grain lucky charms.
Speaker 2: The part of this good breakfast with eight magical marshmallows.
Speaker 3: And they can them, can you lucky charms?
Speaker 2: Magically delicious? And well that's what we thought was healthy. I mean on the box a lot of those things was the stand little heart it says, oh heart.
Speaker 1: Healthy heart association. Yeah, and Cheerios. The whole cheerios thing was like cheerios the dad would quit. The dad would come in and the cheerios commercial and be like, oh man, I had a hard day at work. And then the sudden be like, well, at least you got your cheerios to make your heart better, daddy, and he'd be like, you're right, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But and then you have reality.
Speaker 1: Raised nuts eighty pounds over weegs, and he's dying of heart disease, and it's kind of messed up.
Speaker 2: They make little hearts happy and big hearts happy.
Speaker 4: Too, because as part of a heart healthy diet, those delicious oats and cherios can help naturally lower cholesterol.
Speaker 2: How can something so little help you do something so big? So it's like, you know you're raised in this way. You're thinking you're doing the right things or at least nothing bad. But it was like all these things that I thought, you know, I'm doing okay, and then all of a sudden I found out, No, I've got type two diabetes. I've got a A one C number of eleven point three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good score for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're trying to go for the high score, you know, a healthy A one C would be you know five. I had no idea, I mean, how do you know, clandestinely in the dark. My body is like being torn apart in the my arteries by blood sugar. And then my body because it's resilient, it was made with like redundancy by an awesome creator. Has this thing called plaque, and what it does is like spackle, right, you get a rip in the walls and it patches the hole. So it's doing what it's supposed to do. But the simple truth was for me at this time, and I'm hoping this were you know that we're leading somewhere that's going to help somebody who's listening, I hope. So is that the biggest reason that I had coronary artery disease was because I had a high blood sugar because I had too much glucose in my system. The cardiologist said, basically, think of it like you have ground up glass pumping around your heart, and anywhere where there was like a curve or a bend or something like that, that's where it's going to be abrasive.
Speaker 1: Like a river, all the banks are really long in the turns because they're just getting plowed into.
Speaker 2: Plowed loose dirt section and so you know, what do you do in that kind of situation. To remedy that, you get the bulldozer and you plow in a bunch of new stuff, new sediment. Right, that's what your body does. And it's called plaque, it's spackle. And so that's what my body was doing. It was pulling in the stuff to stop the damage that was happening in my arteries called black paint, you know, on the the patches. The spackle is made of cholesterol and calcium.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me stop you there, right, How can you tell me how many carbs are in your body? Right now?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: No, because you're not made out of bread. No are you made out of any meat.
Speaker 2: I am a giant meat man. That's what she said.
Speaker 1: You've heard the saying, like you are what you eat, right, how much of you is bread? How much of you is grain? How much of you is freaking rice? Milk and rice and all this garbage, And we pretend it makes you healthy. But you are fat, and you are protein, and you are calcium, and you are sodium and water. These things in history, as far as I've known in my life, they've just told us that's the bad stuff. If you want to be healthy, don't eat muscle. It just seems so silly.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. Yeah, that's a weird kind of a dichotomy, isn't It's so dumb, you know it is. It is a really weird thing. But see, if you're raised knowing something is true when it's not, and nobody tells you that it's not, and everything you hear and the people you trust, and I'm talking about government entities, I'm talking about doctors that have gone through teen years of medical school and they're telling you this is the right thing, this is all the truth, and so you believe it because I mean, it's the best information that you have. And then all of a sudden you find out, you know what, this is screwed up. I mean it's hard to it's hard to you don't know where to go. Yeah, And one thing cool about now, because of the Internet and stuff, there are a lot of people that put their voices out there, and a lot of them are highly educated. A lot of them are doctors or scientists, and there's a lot of really good information. And what we're starting to find out is the way that we've been eating has been totally wrong. That pyramid and there have been tons of scientific studies that prove that it's wrong right now. You know, in this episode we're just into like you know, we're just like running free for inventing and setting up and we're going to talk about some of those studies. We're going to talk about the science a little bit and with a disclaimer that you know, we are not medical professionals, So don't go out and change your what your doctor says because of what we say.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't do it.
Speaker 2: But check into it, open up a conversation with your doctor, because I mean, this is your life. This was my life. I'm lucky to be alive right now. If it wouldn't have been for my COVID vaccine that gave me heart palpitations, I would never have probably gone in and got checked until until I dropped dead on the ground, and it would have been.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he had no at that time.
Speaker 2: My cardial infarction.
Speaker 1: At that time it would have been.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, I would blame the COVID and got the money for it. But it's such a wrong thing now because we know better. The science is better now and you can get off diabetic medication by a change in your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Prove it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm off my diabetic medication.
Speaker 1: Shit, he just did.
Speaker 2: I did. So you know my my A one C, which was eleven point three is now five point seven. If you have diabetes and you can keep your A one C numbers under seven, that is good. But I tell you what, I am not following the American Diabetic Association diet.
Speaker 1: And we're not saying necessarily to go and just be like you're.
Speaker 2: A no no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Don't pull Arno source and anger and be like if it bleeds, we can kill it.
Speaker 2: No, we'll just not take look at it. You got to look at it and ask yourself questions and do research because there's a lot of good information out there, and I can point our listeners, especially in the next episode, I'll put some of this stuff up. There's a lot of really good information. There's a lot of good scientific studies that prove that a low carb diet that a keto diet. Getting those breads, getting those grains, getting those corn gmo modified corn things out of your diet, getting rid of seed based oils, and eating things like bacon, processed meat, bacon, red meat fat.
Speaker 1: Always substitute the bacon for an extra side of biscuits in gravy. It's gravy.
Speaker 2: Because I'm eating the way I'm eating, I feel guilty. But I'm off my diabetes medications, medications, my triglycerides, my cholesterol levels every has dropped down to the perfect thing. I mean, they're not even bad, they're not even high. They're like awesome. And I was afraid to tell my doctor about it because I was afraid that he'd chew me out. Well, it's because you know, you're doing all this stuff, your blood pressures down because of your beta blocker. No, I'm not taking my beta blocker.
Speaker 1: And we're not saying to not take the medicine that your doctor isscribing. But tried to do some research on what maybe your health could be if you ate like a person who was designed as a human being, not a deer or a goat, eat human food and not just bread all the time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let me back up a little bit. So I didn't just like, oh yeah, one day, I'm just gonna stop taking my beta blocker and take my you know, IM not gonna take my stat anymore. I didn't do that. I took them, and my blood cholesterol levels were going down. They were getting better. But then I thought, you know, I'm having side effects from the stat One of the side effects of statins is it can raise your blood sugar, which is the bad thing for my heart.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of a volley is Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the bad things for beta blockers can raise my glucose levels, which is a bad thing for my heart. So what do I do? My blood pressure wasn't high, So why am I taking a beta blocker? And that my doctor said. My cardiologist said, I wouldn't be a good cardiologist unless I gave you a beta blocker. You don't really need it. There's nothing to indicate that you need a beta blocker because your blood pressures. If anything, it might be a.
Speaker 1: Little low commission.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just what they're supposed to do. It's what they're taught, you know. I don't blame them. I don't think they're bad. I don't think anybody's trying to do anything. But I think they're entrenched in what they're taught. And so I was like, why am I taking a beta blocker? It was so discouraging. It's like, oh, yeah, everything looks great, but I should really give you another drug because that's what I'm supposed to do. And I really wouldn't be a good cardiologist to prescribe this. In my mind, I'm like, you're a good cardiologist if you say, man, you're doing good, let's get you off the drugs you don't need. Right has an impacted my you know, my blood pressure at all. So I backed off the statin. Okay statins bring my supposedly adjust those right glytrides down. They're lower now than they were while I was taking them. And I haven't changed anything other than I've been eating more bad things. According to the American Heart Association, I've.
Speaker 1: Been eating by bad things, you mean.
Speaker 2: The bad things that they say, which are red meat and saturated fats and bacon and processed meats. That is ninety percent of my diet. That is the baseline of my pyramid, and then veggies and freed are on top of it. Load carbs took turned it upside.
Speaker 1: Down, took it upside down. So instead of just the baseline being eat as much spaghetti as possible, as much noodles and grain and bread as possible, kind of like, let's eat as much meat as possible and as much fat as comes with the meat is coming from natural stuff. It's not coming from a.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, right, well, it's at the same you know, I feel I feel like I'm I feel guilty talking about this because okay, here's my routine.
Speaker 2: I get up in the morning, I go and I brew a craft of coffee, a graf akraf kraff, but anyway, you just want so I put my coffee in. Then I go over to my my big tub of coconut oil to brag, and I grab I probably take at least a tablespoon of coconut oil, put it in a blender. I get a tablespoon of butter, salted butter. I put it in the blender, and I put in a squirt of MPCT oil, which is also coconut based, and I put in my coffee. It's probably I don't know, maybe fourteen ounce.
Speaker 1: In n cows and calories, and I put it in the blinter.
Speaker 2: I blend it up and I drink it and I love it. And it's I mean, they call it bulletproof coffee, except for I've added coconut oil, right, yeah, And so I've been doing that for a long time. And then you know, I eat steak on demand. I eat. I eat a lot of fish, I eat pork, I eat bacon, I eat all the things that they say don't do. I don't eat bread, I don't eat pasta. I might have, you know, like a spaghetti squash. Yeah, but it's if a cardiologist or the American Heart Association diet or dietitian that follows that principle, they would say this is the worst die you could eat.
Speaker 1: But it's anecdotally wrong.
Speaker 2: And the markers, yeah, the markers that they measure to see if it's bad are these lipid tests and everything. And every month I do this diet, it gets better and better, and my blood sugar gets better and better, and I'm like, what the heck? Everything I'm doing seems to be the right thing to do in the wrong way. And so that's kind of the impetus for this strange pyramid, because the pyramid that we've been fed, in my perspective, is totally wrong.
Speaker 1: It's funny too, because, like, I hang out with my dad a lot. I've known him my whole life, you believe it or not, almost thirty years now. But he's, if anything, he's lost weight, he's healthier, he's been probably working out less, which I've been hounding on him.
Speaker 2: I've been doing I walk every day.
Speaker 1: Lift, but I've been hounding on him about lifting weights so he can build some muscle mass, bone density, all that stuff. But he hasn't been doing anything crazy, like like some marathon or something. He's just and he's eating fat and protein primarily, and he's in like the best shape I've seen. I can recall him being in. You know, he was heavier when I was younger, and now he's older and he's like got veins popping out of his biceps and stuff. He's not like some fat dude. He's not eating fat and like, oh I'm so fat. He's like he's in good shape. Only you know I would I would recommend him working out just for the muscle sake, but his body is like I bet, like I've seen he lifts generators out of campers. He's like helping me with my car work. We're doing motorcycle stuff. We're doing stuff side by sides, changing tires, all kinds of stuff. And he's not weak. He's eating the diet that they say not to eat, but right now physically he looks better than he was before in his heart and his blood pressure and his glucose levels are down, and they're all where they're supposed to be or closer to where they're supposed to be. And how do you argue with this evidence that is so obvious?
Speaker 2: And this is the frustrating thing for me. I remember growing up. Eat wheat, hearts, eat oatmeal, eat this stuff. Don't eat butter. Don't eat eggs, eat canola oil. Let's get that drag yeah, country croc butter or margarine. Get that. That's good for you. Get rid of those saturated fats out of your diet. Cut back. Don't eat bacon, don't eat eggs.
Speaker 1: Eggs.
Speaker 2: Eggs are bad. They have lots of cholesterol, especially the yolk. Don't eat that. And you know, that was the way I was raised. My mom she would try to feed his healthy. So what did we eat. We would have cheerios, we would have every kid, weatheart.
Speaker 1: We would have this whole commercial. Their whole vibe is being healthy, heart healthy and weedy rain.
Speaker 2: And they have that stamp of approval on this side from the American Heart Association says that they're heart healthy, but they pay money for it.
Speaker 1: The American Heart Association says they're great.
Speaker 2: It's something was messed up here. And you know these new studies, like the American Diabetes Association came out and said, you know what, there are advantages now to a low carbohydrate keto style diet. But you know what, it's buried on like page fifty. Yeah, because they can't admit they were wrong.
Speaker 1: You want to hear something funny?
Speaker 2: What so?
Speaker 1: You know my wife works near a sugar factor.
Speaker 2: Yes, beats sugar beets.
Speaker 1: And I'm not one to run the air conditioner all the time in my car. But I picked up my son and will you for some reason, we're going to my wife's work, which is very close to the sugar factory.
Speaker 2: What's that smell? Oh?
Speaker 1: It smells so terrible. Dad rolled the windows and I'm like, I'm not the windows, but hey, buddy, if anything smells that bad for you to be able to eat it, would you eat it? And he was like, no, I would never eat that, And I said, that's what candy is made out of. Oh, and you know what's funny. Any particular sugar factory literally goes like they have trucks that go from that factory to the pepsi factory across the street, and my son the next day, he's seven, but he said he had to tell me a I was like, what's wrong? Did you eat something weird? Did you? And he says, I think that ichy smell from that garbage factory. I was like, you get it.
Speaker 2: I just want to help people, you know, honestly, at my age, I want to help people. There are a lot of people that are, if they haven't already, are on a collision course with the same kind of diagnosis that I had. Diabetes right now is like off the charts. What have we fed our kids that are getting diabetes? Now, well, let's give them fruit juices, and let's give them all the fruit snacks. Let's give them, you know, healthy grains, whole wheat breads, all of this stuff, which sounds great because that's what we've been indoctrinated to believe. But why then do we have this epidemic of type two diabetes And then on the cusp of that, now you're having this incidence of heart disease that is also skyrocketing. High glucose equals heart disease if it runs too long, And that's what's happening we're seeing it. I mean, go to any cardiologists. They are so busy right now. So obviously, how long have we had this food pyramid to stop heart disease? It's been around since what seventies, eighties, changed, nineties, They modified it, yes, but it hasn't worked because the incidence is increasing the percentage. It's not a per capita thing. I mean, it's bad, it's horrible. Over the last ten years, there's been a ninety percent increase in diabetes. That's huge. That beat the diabetes. Yeah, you think ninety percent increase and then heart disease is the number one killer of people. COVID No, gosh, you know that just freaks me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people in their houses, they didn't get sunlight, they weren't getting vitamins, they were eating shit and taters for everything.
Speaker 2: Plus they're discouraged and depressed anxiety.
Speaker 1: Does that help your lifestyle and your health and everything. It's so silly, And I'm not against I'm not like an anti COVID person, but I don't see the logic in just isolating people and having them eat top ram And I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it was a perfect storm, right, I mean, you have this climax of all, you know, let's call the triad, the unholy trinity of COVID, poor diet.
Speaker 1: The horsemen, the pestilence.
Speaker 2: And then you know, what do you do? What do you do? So you just stay at home and you have social media that's your connection.
Speaker 1: Oh great, social media is a great source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, make sure peaceful and happy?
Speaker 1: Right? Plus that blue light, oh yeah, helps you sleep? Oh my goodness, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know's it's bad. We could go on and on about this, you know. I want to throw out some statistics. I want to throw out some studies. I want to throw out a little bit of hard science because, like we said, right now, it's just me, my own personal experience, blabbing. But I'm kind of angry. I don't know if you can hear it in my voice. I don't even know if it's angry. I'm frustrated and I'm sad, and I'm concerned. You know, I think about people that I care about, that I know that I that I've known in my past that have lost loved ones because of heart disease, that have struggled with all kinds of health issues, because of what's been going on, and a lot of it's diet oriented, and you know, we thought we were doing what was right, and you know, maybe we weren't. And then now to change course, basically, to flip it upside down and go the other way. And like I every day when I meet cooking bacon in the morning, I feel like, oh, this is bad.
Speaker 1: It is weird, isn't it. Yeah, because I eat four eggs a day, a protein shake and then a meat based dinner. Because I'm trying to work out, I'm trying to be strong, I'm trying to like build my body up. I feel better than I have been for me.
Speaker 2: I sometimes I just don't even know what to think about any of it. It's hard because I'm like, I'm not a doctor, I'm not classically trained in medicine. I don't know. I don't want to do something stupid and kill myself. I want to be here for my family. We'll be here for you and my wife. I want to have a healthy life. I don't want to be an invalid and a wheelchair. I don't want to have a stroke. I want to be able to have a good life for as long as possible and be productive in society. And what I'm doing feels like the right thing, but it feels wrong at the same time. And I, you know, I gravitate towards these people that I have found that are given me wisdom that makes really good, solid sense and is based on hard science instead of preference, because I, you know, honestly, I don't even like necessarily eating the way I eat. I would love to go out and eat biscuits and gravy every morning and get back to my diet of dots, pretzels and Dragon's milk beer. That would be more pleasurable.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what our human body is into, Like we crave instant gratification. Yes, look at Facebook, look at Instagram, look at Twitter. Everything's how many likes, how many things can we get? And then you throw a couple of dots pretzels in your hole, and then you have the instant satisfaction of a calorically dense food, and you have the instant satisfaction of a beer.
Speaker 2: It blows your nice It's just nutritional.
Speaker 1: Alcohol content is so high, and the dragon milk just just nukes all your your physical responses to everything. Your sore knees go away, your headache goes away. Your tense neck, your shoulders, whatever goes away, and now you've got this boost of calories too, because your body craves calories because you're a human.
Speaker 2: And it starts packing it away in your fat layer.
Speaker 1: That's what it's supposed to do. Yep, yeah, that's what your body craves. Is calorically dense.
Speaker 2: But then it's just all of that gluten and all of that stuff in there is also an inflammatory, so your joints start hurting the next morning.
Speaker 1: Because surprise, we don't live in the world where you have to fight off a bear to get some berries. We live in the wind. You have to fight off Karen of the checkout line to get six thousand calories worth.
Speaker 2: Of what do you feel yucky? Well, I'm just gonna here longer. I don't feel like you know.
Speaker 1: I was so sick of all this beer.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do while I'm sitting here? I better have another dots pretzel.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go get a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: I gotta wash it down with something. I better get some dragons, milk or someone.
Speaker 1: Meat sounds so gross. I'm gonna eat some bread to sop up this alcohol.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Okay, I got to make sure I throw this in here. I'm not condemning Dragon's Milk. I really love that beer. It's very high alcohol, but it has got to be something you do very sparingly in my situation, you know. Okay, that brings up an important point. Some people. Some people they don't react to two carbs. They don't react to beer, they don't react to you know, dots, pretzels, or they can eat biscuits and gravy forever and their blood sugar will spike and they're never in danger of heart disease because they're not gonna have that stuff running around in there arteries. It's gonna, you know, basically tear out the banks of their river, and the body's not going to have to pour in a bunch of bulldozed plaque to try to fill the gaps. They're gonna be fine. And I'm so jealous of you, dang you. I think we need to do another episode and talk about the history of the pyramid, history of all of these things, how this stuff kind of is set out, because it's not like it they just somebody said, oh, let's do something evil and make people die. They had good intentions but past that they never correct it. It's like all science, you get stuck on a point and you try to prove it, and then if it's your point, you're not going to admit that it's wrong. But science should be about the facts. And so what I'd like to do in another episode is talk about the facts and throw it out there, and then let people make wise decisions in their p suit of their own health. And if they are on a trajectory like I was for diabetes and heart disease and poor health, maybe you can make a change and with prayer and discussion with your doctors, whatever it takes, make a change in your lifestyle that can make a change in how well you live. You get life once, you might as well make the most of them.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, all right, the time has come. Die this cub, join us next time.
Speaker 2: This duct time for some.
Speaker 1: Cold drinks and some and some strange conversation. Donate carbs, buy pat.
Speaker 2: Don't eat teeters, don't tears, tailors, God damn tatars.
Speaker 5: Just tears. Is the devil. Taters come from the ground.
Speaker 1: That's where the devil lives.
Speaker 5: The Lord came down and summoned the serpent to the earth, and he shall eat the dust of humanity.
Speaker 1: For the rest of his tastes.
Speaker 3: And that is exactly what potatoes, well ship and potatoes are Satan's favor of food. And you should know that because everybody who's ever been to McDonald's knows that those goddamn mother flipping taters are so addictive. Those taters are the best taters that have ever walked the face of this earth.
Speaker 1: And if you lead
Speaker 5: Those taters into that trait long enough in your cart, you know