Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science today right here, right now, Happy Saturday, Good morning everybody. Thank you for joining me on this sojourny through the halls of nutrition. Jerry Hicky here, pharmacist, nutritionist, and you know everything I talk about as far as a supplement that I focus on on this program, you get at half price and these are clean, well made products. But I have some really important stuff to discuss with you now. I know it's early in the morning, some of you might not have had your qualfee or tea yet, but let's get going because I'm realizing how truly important the supplement res veratrol is for the brain. Now. I've insisted with my wife that she take several nutrients for her brain, and she's been doing it and she's a really sharp cookie. I mean, my wife is just brilliant. So that's good because she makes up for me kind of like a balance on a seesaw. In any event. Res Fervertrol is a phytolexin it protects plants from mold and from you know, a lack of moisture and from too much sun, et cetera. Well, cold weather, and you get a little in certain foods. You get a little, like in blueberries and blackberries, and you get a little in red wine and the skin of red grapes and peanuts when they start to go bad. So I don't recommend that because peanuts develop a toxin on them, a mold called aflatoxin. That's not good for your liver. So let's get go. Let's talk about rest ferritrol because it's readily available as a high quality supplement. What I'm going to tell you will really lead into your wanting to take rest Virtual. Whether you get it from Invite Health we have a great one, or from someone else, you really should be taking it. And I recommend the Invite one because it's very well made and at last, rest Virtual could go, can break down, can decay very easily, so Invite make sure that that doesn't happen by protecting it from oxygen and sunlight. So let's get back to it. There was a family in Colombia, in the country of Colombia, and they were doomed, sentenced to develop Alzheimer's, severe Alzheimer's in their forties and fifties. But remarkably, one of the members of a family did not have any signs of Alzheimer's in his forties, nor in his fifties, not even in his sixties or seventies. He stood out everybody else. Their brain was destroyed, their brain rotted. He was fine. He donated his brain of science, and when they did an autopsy, they found that he had a lot of the damage seen in Alzheimer's brain brains, but one part was clearly protected, called the dentate gyrus. Now that's interesting because the dentate gyrus is sort of the gateway, the entry point and the exit point for your short term memory organ So I know I'm telling you a lot here, but we're going to get to some important stuff, and you're going to want to take some rest virtual every day with some food so you absorb it. Well. The hippocampus is were your store memory's short term and then like when you sleep, at night and you go to deep sleep, you transfer that to long term storage. So you're clearing out the hippocamp campus in his room for new memories the next day. And that's the truth. But to get into the hippocampus or to leave the hippocampus, it seems to have to go through this little organ called the internal cortex, I'm sorry, the dentate gyris, the dentate cyris. And they found that this man's dentate gyris was amazingly healthy, so you could get into and out of the memory banks. And they found that there was something expressed which means released in this organ in his brain that preserved and protected his memory. It's called reelin. Now, reelin was discovered by scientists in the nineteen fifties, but they didn't really know what they had. And it turns out when a baby or a child or a teenager is growing, or somebody in their early twenties and really developing their brain, they released realin and it causes the growth of the brain, the development of the brain, the organization of the brain, the function of the brain, transmission of the brain, everything good about the brain. Reelin had to do with it. So there was a study rather recently where they had a lot of volunteers who donated their brains to science. Now a certain amount of these people, a large number had Alzheimer's or some form of severe dementia, and the other group didn't. Here's what they found, some people who still had healthy memories. So the group that donated their brain that still had a well functioning brain, they had all kinds of plaque and damage in the brain, but the I dentate gyrus was still healthy. And once again they were releasing this relin. R ee l N. Read up on this if you're interested in biochemistry and the function of human brain, et cetera. R ee ln relin. So I tried to find some studies on nutrients and reelin. But this was last night at eleven o'clock, so I didn't get very far Friday night. But I did find a connection with biocurcumen and also rest virtual. So we're going to talk about rest virtual and really, you know, years ago, there was a study at the Max Planck Institute in Berlin, Germany, and they gave older folks like me, people in their seventies and eighties, two hundred milligrams of rest viritual every day, and they found that the brain improved. They were doing these high powered imaging studies like functional MRIs at a brain, they sort of brain was becoming younger, it was developing and blossoming back into a younger stage and memory improved. So that's why I came out with the rest verritual MAX to match that study from the max Plank Institute in Berlin. Now, so I went to some studies on res veratul and to see if it had to do it Rayland, because we've seen from studies that were led by a number of institutes, including Georgetown University, that res firtual had a good impact on people with Alzheimer's. So I found a pre clinical study from Texas A and M Institute for Regenerative Medicine and also their medical school in their Science Institute, and they were giving it to animals that suffered from seizures, and res veratull really powerfully protected their brain from seizure related damage. But what was very interesting, and this is why I really am zeroing in on res fertual as an extremely potent and important supplement to help preserve and protect your memory and my memory and my wife's memory. There was no damage to the cells in the hippocampus that's where you store the memories, or to the dentate gyrus, the entryway into the hippocampus so you can get to your memories. They found out that the cells and the hippocampus and the dentate gyrus, now that's where your memory is. Okay, without that, you have no memory, You have zero memory. It protected the neurons expressing para albumen. Now, para albumen is something that regulates brain activity so it doesn't get too excited and you burnout your brain cells or you don't fall asleep inadvertently, so it kind of balances brain activity between excitatory and inhibitory activity. But also somemato statin the cells releasing somato state. And now I'm going somewhere with this, so pay attention. So matin statin helps to inhibit damage to the brain and helps keep brain cells alive. But it protected the cells releasing relin. Now once again, relin protects the parts of your brain powerfully where your memory takes place. So that right there to me is enough evidence to take rest fritrol to protect your brain. Now, so Georgetown actually led a whole bunch of like twenty different major academic research institutions in Alzheimer's patients, and they found that res fertul had everything to do with preventing all the kinds of damage you would see seeing in Alzheimer's disease and other other dementias. So I found a study from Tough University. Tulsa University has this Department of Agriculture sifted for studying aging, and it's a really good think tank, and they said res virtual is very helpful for blunting that's my two doins. By the way, rest virtual is very helpful for blunting the effects of aging in your brain. It helps block oxidation of the tissues of the brain, which basically is like rustling the brain or dissolving brain cells. And it helps reduce age associated inflammation in the brain. So let's just go with that. We'll finish up on res virtual. Inflammation increases throughout our body with age, and that's a terribly destructive thing because it kills cells, it jams up the function of the body, it makes you exhausted, it destroys your brain. In your eyes, res vitual blocks the inflammation that grows in the brain that super accelerates brain aging. So this is super really really really important because this helps prevent damage to the processing speed of the brain, working memory, reasoning, all those cognitive functions like trying to remember and learn everything I'm telling you now, that's cognitive function. So it either delays or prevents the effects of aging on our brain. And they've seen that res verritul helps alter tissues that are damaged that leads to things like Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, age related depression. So rest vituil protects the genes in the brain. It helps keep your acetyl coling around. That's really important. This is really really important about rest virtual This is a really important effect. Rest viritual has a natural mild acetyl colonest race inhibitory effects. So what the heck is that it's mumbo jo, right, I might as well be speaking Dutch. Acetyl colon esterurase, a colon estrase breaks down a protein in the brain. Cold acetal coling, a seal coling is what lets you learn and what lets you remember. So by having a mild colon estrace inhibitory effect, you keep around your recetal coling your memory works better. It's as simple as that. In fact, every drugs used to treat Alzheimer's patients, like dnapizol, which is also called a recept and it works by inhibiting this enzyme that breaks down a sealal coling. So rest virtual has an immediate effect on your memory, but also downstream helping to protect you from brain related diseases that occur as we age. So every day and I sturely recommend this to you, take two hundred milligrams of the nvite rest vitul. It has this vegetable capsule. We take the green stuff out of vegetables like you know, like broccoli and spinach. We take the green stuff out and we put it in the capsule that protects the rest viritual from light. And the capsule itself has a very tight weave to protect the rest virtual from oxygen, because both oxygen and light break down the rest virtual and then it won't help you. But we add the grape seed extract and the querstin found in the same plants and fruits as the rest viritual. Scientists have found that when these are present, the rest virtual works much better. So this is natural rest Virtual and conjunction with a little bit of grape seat extract and quercetin which amplify the benefits of the rest Virtual. You take it to prevent your brain from aging. Other benefits of rest Virtual. It's a very tiny antioxidant, so it gets it to your thyroid gland and your adrenal gland to protect them. It gets into the pancreas and other tissues to help reduce inflammation. So it's great in the lungs and it's beneficial in the heart. So you can't really take a better supplement than real rest rotual like you get from Invite, And if you order it today or over the weekend, you get fifty percent of suggested retail when you get two bottles. Okay, let's go to a break, Cherry Hick you Invite Health, don't go anywhere. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 2: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two, or go to invite heealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back, Welcome back, Jerry Hickey. Another supplement that's great for age related inflammation is quill oil, and it's also good for your heart, and it's also good for your brain. So let's talk about that. Inflammation is so dangerous and so common as we grow older, like my age. That is a term for it called influm aging. Now, it's more common in people with diabetes. It's more common in people who are obese. It's more common in smokers or people who live in areas with a lot of pollution from cars and trucks and buses. But we all suffer from inflammaging. So here's the beauty of it. I take things specifically to reduce inflammation because I'm seventy, so inflammation can really accelerate aging on my brain and my heart and my pancreas, my live and my kidneys, my muscles, my bones, my joints. So I take biocircumin five oxen, I take rest vitual, I take methyl b. These things I take specifically to contain and krill oil. I take these specifically to prevent the inflammation associated with aging, to keep myself younger. Because I really enjoy being here. I really enjoy being with people. I really enjoy being with my dogs. I really enjoy painting. I really enjoy a lot of things. I love life. I mean, I love the world. I love life. Part of my problem is I'm an incurable optimist. My glass is always half full. It's never half empty now, And I'm not cynical. See that's the thing. I'm not cynical. So you know, cynicism will destroy you, It really will. You know, a lot of things in the news and all. They're kind of created to make you cynical, because then you feed off their newsline and you become more and more cynical, and you'll listen to more and more in that junk. But that's another story, so let's get back to it. I recently went to my doctor, who's a great doctor, doctor O'Connell, over here in a green lawn and zero really no inflammation. We did test to make sure I'm not inflamed. I said, Doc, you know, I don't. I know you don't only do these tests, but I want them, and he goes, okay, Jerry, we'll do it. Zero inflammation. My HSCRP was zero point two, which is remarkable for someone my age. Krill lowers HSCRP. So what's HSCRP. When you're inflamed, you release a harbinger from your liver called CRP c reactor protein, and we don't know if it does anything. We don't know if it hurts or protects, but we know it shows that you're inflamed. When you're inflamed, you release this stuff. So somebody what really severe cancer or a severe autoimmune disease, there's CRP is going to be off the chart, right, bad sign, not a good sign. So there's a more sensitive measure called hs CRP, highly sensitive CRP, and I get that done like once a year just to keep track of my inflammation. It's a smart thing to don't believe me. And here's the thing. Krill directly lowers hscr So why is that important? Because HSCRP when it's two or three, you're developing coronary heart disease, the number one killer everywhere anywhere, cloggedies, hardening your the arteries. So HSCRP, the inflammation takes the fats in your heart, in your blood vessels, running through your blood vessels and the blood. It takes those fats and makes them throw inflammatory and they cling onto your heart and they clean onto the blood vessels and the heart, and they lead to heart attacks and strokes and Alzheimer's and kidney damage and fatigue and problems with your lungs. Possibly even cancer by the way. So I take the cruddle ower the HSCRP to get my uteries clean. I went to a cardiologist recently just to make sure, because there's heart attacks in my family. My heart was clean. And I notice, I mean if it's raining out like it was raining one day this week, I went up and down the stairs fifteen times exercise, not all at once. I did five at a time, which comes in handy when I go to see my grandkids in San Francisco, because there's all hills. It seems to be all uphill in San Francisco. I've never seen anything like it. Some of those hills are crazy. So my grandkids not only do they have to walk up consistently, walk up a bunch of hills, but when you get to their house, you have to go up about twenty steps. I don't want to do that. Put in an elevator chairlift in any event. Here's the thing. The krill oil reduces the inflammation in the aging brain. The inflammation with age is so nasty. It degrades tissues about our brain, our heart, our muscles. We lose muscle, I digestive tract, our eyes, we lose vision, our hearing. The organs in our hearing are pancreas, our liver and kidneys. I don't want any and our skin, I don't want any of that. We even lose hair over inflammation. So I take the uh res virtual excuse me. I take the krill oil. Hence some things that does in your brain. This is this is like really why you want to take krill oil for your brain? Krill oil protects the brain. It makes things in the brain that keep the brain functioning, that prevent the death of brain cells. One of the things that krill makes is plasmalagins. I mean krill. The only things that really create plasmaalagens in the brain readily is krill oil and sea scallops. But se scallops are loaded with cholesterol, so I don't want to eat them, and they're kind of funky. So krill has all the ingredients to make plasmalagens. It has phosphatitles sing phosphatyl, ethanolamine, phosphatyl, colin phosphatyl, andnocetoil. It has coaling, it has fish oils, it has the searing you need. So what's that plasmalogen? Why is that important? Why is Gerry talking about a plasmalogen and a brain. It's a bullet proof vest for your brain cell to prevent the brain from decaying. See, as you grow older, you start to lose mechanisms that protect your brain. That's why people typically in their seventies and eighties develop Belsheimer's, but not somebody in their twenties and thirties. But because you lost those protective mechanisms, you can increase the level of plasmalagens to replace them to prevent the death of your brain cell. So krill creates plasmalogens, but it also creates protectings and resolvins. Protectings and resolvings remove damage tissue in a brain. That's great. Damage tissue in the brain is not removed in old people, it's removed in young people. When a young person and has a zombie brain cell, the brain is able to pluck it out with like a tweezer, with protectings and resolves. Older people lack that, so you get these zombie cells that kill all the surrounding cells. That's why when you have some damage in your brain when you're older, it grows and spreads and it becomes a problem. Well, the krill restores the level of resolvings and protectings in the brain. It creates anti inflammatory prostaglandins, but it also creates a style coling. See in the krill oil there's phosphatitle colding. Coaling is a b vitamin that's involved with muscle function, heart function, and liver health. It does a lot of things, but in the brain, it's super important for your memory. For you to learn anything from today's radio program and for you to remember it a week from now when you want to tell your friend about it. If that happens, you have to express. You have to release. Express means release. You have to release a seedal coling. All the people lack the seedal coaling. The krill gives you the ingredients to create a setyl coaling. That's one reason why krill oil is so good for your memory, because regular colin from a multi vitamin or from certain foods can't really get into the brain. But phosphatyl coalin, the brain loves it and it grabs it. Because this also creates the cellular membrane. So what's the cellular membrane that's the housing of your brain cell. As you grow older, the housing your brain cells stiffens and decays and you lose memory cells. They die or they don't function because there's no electrical conductivity along them because they stiffen, So it's kind of like a short circuit. So the krill restores the flexibility and elasticity of the cellular membrane and helps you create the celluar membrane. So krill does a tremendous amount of good stuff for your brain as well as helping to prevent clogging your heart by reducing inflammation in your heart, something that increases in diabetes or obesity, or smokers, or if you're inhaling pollution, or if you're just growing older, you want you want to protect your heart from getting clogged. Other advantages of krill. It's very good for your muscles, it's very good for your bones, it's protective for women's breast to a degree, and it's really good for your liver. It helps reduce fat in the liver. A lot of people have clogged livers and they don't know it, but they have symptoms and that's not getting connected to their liver. They have fat infiltration in the liver. You see this in people with a big belly, you see it and people who drink a lot of alcohol. You see it in people who eat a lot of sugar, and you see it in people with diabetes. It's very common and it can lead to liver cancer. It can lead to liver failure. Zirrhosis, but commonly it leads to fatty hepatitis and fat related inflammation liver where you're going to hate yourself. So the krill helps get the fat out of your liver. What else does that? Losing fat and exercise and a really really, really high quality diet. Okay, So our krill is super clean and super fresh. It's been used in probably thirty human clinical trials down to publish the medical journals. It's the highest quality krill you're ever going to get, just like our resirtual. You can't beat it. And because I spoke about these two products on this program, you get fifty percent off suggested the retail if you buy two bottles all day, today and tomorrow. Okay, let's go to a break. Jerry Hicky invite health. Don't get anywhere. I have a lot more to say. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product special call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. Don't wait, call now, to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 2: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, or go to invitealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back, Jerry Hicky, Invite Health Radio. Having a really good time here today. I love doing this program. My brain's working effectively. I see that. I want to talk about creatine monohydrate.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Creatine is an ingredient, a protein type ingredient found mostly in your muscles, including your heart, muscle and your brain. That's really where it's active in your muscles and your brain. And we store it as something called phospho creatine. And what does that do? It gives us energy. It helps recycle something called ATP, which is basically all of our energy. It's almost all of our energy. So when you eat food, there's all these processes, especially something called CREB citric acid cycle to convert the food ingredients into ATP, and creatine helps recycle it. So that's a really good thing because it's great for brain energy and older people, and it's great for muscle function in people who want to exercise. So originally creatine monohydrate powder came out of that whole gym world. Now, a lot of bad things came out of the world of gyms, and bad things continue to come out of the world of gyms. But there's no doubt that exercise is good for you, and so is muscle. Muscle helps keep you alive, it keeps you storing, It helps prevent you from falling and hitting your head or breaking your head. I mean, it's really good that muscle. So when an athlete or somebody who does kind of intense exercise takes creatine, it's important for their muscle performance. It can keep their muscles going longer. But it's also important for the mass of their muscle and for strength. But about twenty years ago I started reading studies that when you give an athlete creatine you also help prevent injuries, specifically those injuries related to dehydration, which is a really important thing right now. We have the Olympics going on over in Paris and Polynesia, you know, the surfing, which is kind of cool, and dehydration leads to injuries like muscle crams and it's easy to get a sprain. So the first study I saw along that line about twenty years ago, maybe twenty five years ago, it was football players NCAA level football players in college and the coach gave them creatine in the summer because it was so hot where they were training, which is most of the United States. Right in the summer, it's hot here, and it was preventing them from having sprained ankles and damage to their joints and muscle crams. I mean, it really meant something. So it helps if you're an athlete, not only will take in the creatine every day you need basically a tea spoon a day five grams. Not only does it help with your performance and help maintain a muscle mass and help your strength and endormance, but it helps prevent injuries. Now in older people they've shown that creatine helps prevent circleopenia. It's one of the things I helped to maintain my muscle mass and my strength. I love it when my wife hands me a jar of some really good tomato sauce and says, can you open up for me? And I just go and I popped a little off, and she's so happy that she still has her strong husband. I'm still the guy she married. So it helps prevent that age associated loss of strength and muscle mass, because if you lose too much strength and muscle mass, you become frail, and frailty is really dangerous. That allows all those horrible things to creep into your life, injuries and arthritis and brain problems, et cetera. Now, the other thing is creatine really is important for cognitive activity and older people. They've seen that in vegans, people who don't see because mostly people get creatine from eating fish or eggs or meat. Right, and your body does make a little creatine. We make about one thousand milligrams a day. That's a gram so that's like a fifth of a teaspoon. We make about a gramma day in our liver and our kidneys and our pancreas, so we do make some. But in older people, taking a supplement of creatine is really beneficial because not only does it protect your muscle and improve your strength and help prevent injuries and help strengthen your heart because your heart uses a lot of creatine, needs a lot of energy to pump a hundred thousand times a day. Right, But they found that creatine and older people is important for cognition. Cognition is your ability to learn and decipher and figure things out and piece them together and understand and remember. So I mean, that's what key to being human. So creatine gives you brain energy. It creates fossphil creatine that recycles energy brain. And this is important because your brain is a super high energy organ. So in older now, what creates the energy out of food a little organ now called mitochondria. These your brain sells a lot of what mitochondria thousands in each thinking cell, right because they're super high energy de cells. So mitochondria basically takes sugar and create atp create energy out of it. But in older people, the health of the mitochondria is slippering. The mitochondria become a little wrinkled, and we have fewer mitochondria, So you want to really get the most out of your motochondria in your brain as you age, and that's what creatine does. It helps the power plants inside your brain cells to use energy more creatively and more efficiently and continuously, and this keeps the brain going. So there's a new review of studies and Frontiers in nutrition. It's a great journal, Frontiers and Nutrition. It's a meta analysis of studies including those up to twenty twenty four, so it's very current. A meta analysis means they picked out studies that are reliable, non biased, clearly well organized, and well conceived and well carried out studies, and they grouping together because that gives you more evidence if something works or it doesn't work. So they found out, now this was sixteen studies, sixteen human studies. They found out that creating significantly had an impact on your ability to pay attention and how long you paid attention, so not only paying attention, but your attention span. And a significant improvement in processing speed, which is how fast your brain can figure things out and take in information and accumulate and analyze info. So for you to take in everything I'm saying, you need a fairly good processing speed, and you need a good attention span, and the creatine improves that. So in these sixteen human randomized Paciba controlled clinical studies, creatine and older people like you and me. If you're listening and you're over like fifty, significant improvement and memory compared to placebo. Now that's really important. It did reduce brain inflammation by making the brain work better and throw off less toxins. And of course it also energized the heart and the muscles. You know, I give creatine to people when they have statin related muscle aches. Statins like A twelve of statin and some uh yo like lipitoire and zoch or drugs like that. They can cause muscle cramps and people and reduce your endurance. Creatine takes that away. Creating gets rid of the inflammation and pain in your muscles related to statins and brings back your endurance. Now, the brain effects of creating are particularly true for older adults like me, and also vegans because they're not getting creatine in their diet. So there was a twenty twenty three review, So that review I just read was current twenty twenty four. But let's go back a year. A twenty twenty three review same results. Creating monohydrate in older people supported their memory, improve their memory, improve their cognitive functions in older people. I mean, there's no two ways about it. Creating the stuff I'm talking about today has benefits throughout the body, but also for aging brains, and like, the brain is the seat of everything basically, right, let you know what's going on. So the krill oil, the rest veritul which you're super high quality products, and the creatine are things I take consistently for my brain and my health, my heart, my strength. I mean, I'm aging really well. I have no problem running up and down to says five times in a row. If I want to do it ten times, I can. But it gets bored and my dois look at me weird? I mean recently, I was in Saint Augustine. I think the Saint Augustine Lighthouse is two hundred and seventy nine steps. I had no problem going up two hundred and seventy nine steps at the age of seventy. So is that a big deal. Yeah, my knees didn't hurt. I wasn't. I did rest every like third level. I did rest every third level for like a half a minute. Everybody was it was hot. And by the way, Saint Augustine. You know, I've always loved Rome, Rome, Italy, and Dublin, Ireland, but I think my favorite city in the world is Saint Augustine, Florida. I just New York City, great San Francisco not so bad. But St. Augustine, Florida catch me out. It's like the best. Saint Augustine, Florida is more fund than Key West, and it's more fund than New Orleans. And it looks better than Charleston. Maybe not quite as cool as Savannah, it looks, but it's more fun than Savannah. I love Saint Augustine. Oh. In any event, let me get back to work here. In fact, let me go to a break. Okay, I'm going to go to a break that creatine amount of hydrate. If you're older, take a teaspoon a day. If you're not exercising, just take it in liquid with breakfast, any liquid. But if you are exercising, take it after the exercise because your muscle fibers open up. What exercise do tease you to get the creatine and tia muscles, and there'll be plenty left over. For you break. Okay, I'll be right back. Jerry hereck you invite home.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 2: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred and sixty three two zero five seven to two. Or go to invite heealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back here here. Can you invite Health now we're gonna look in a completely different direction here, we're gonna look at beauty and pain with the next supplement. I had a very deare friend somebby you might remember, doctor Fred Vanini. Doctor Fred Vanini was a cardiovascular surgeon who loved nutrition, and he used to love when I would lecture for him and stuff, and we were really good buddies. We used to go out to dinner together. We were good friends. Man. I loved Fred, and he used to be on the station doing radio programs and other stations, and yeah, he was a great guy. In any event, Fred used to use a supplement called collagen because he said it helps you lose fat. Well, that's interesting. I know collagen helps build muscle, and there is some evidence that it burns fat. And I don't know how it does that, because that's not where I'm coming from. I like collagen supplements because they're good for joint pain and they're good for your skin. So we have a collagen Collagen is a protein. You're made out of collagen. You're made out of collagen and water. Okay, And you know there's other stuff thrown in, like minerals like calcium and sulfur and magnesium and potassium and phosphorus. Yeah, and there's some fat thrown in, and there is glyco nutrients, you know, like the lining of the intestines has a lot of glyco nutrients, et cetera. So yeah, there are other things that you made of, but you're mostly I think ninety seven percent collagen and water. That's crazy, right, We're trillions of trillions and trillions and trillions of atoms held together by collagen and water. That's crazy. I mean, if you think about it, it's so insane that we're alive, that we exist. I mean, it's no bigger miracle than that that we're alive and that we exist and that we have cognitive functions. It's just amazing. It's just amazing. But in any event, that came from somewhere. Folks now collagen, if you take it as a supplement after like the age of thirty five, it's really good for your hair and your nails and your skin, any bones, any joints, because you're made out of it. I don't think there's a part of the body that isn't touched by collagen. For instance, the thinking part of your brain, like the dentate gyris and the introntal cortex and the hippocampus. They're loaded with collagen. And when they gave all the people collagen, the parts of their brain involved with memory grew. They were becoming young again, like the fountain of youth for your brain. It's crazy, but your brain's made If your bones and your joints, and your skin and your hair and your nails are made out of collagen, it's reasonable that your brain is made out of collagen, and it is. So are your blood vessels. So are your kidneys, the filters indi kidneys, and those flaps that control blood flow in your heart. They're all made out of collagen. So yeah, when you're making less collagen in your fifties and sixties, yeah, things aren't going to work so well anymore. It's kind of like an old car engine. You fix one hose and the next hose feels more pressure and it leaks. It's kind of like that. So the body starts to lose collagen and things start to break down and decay and leak because you can't replace them. If you're not making collagen, you can't rebuild them. So like you're hear, your hear is made out of collagen. And keratin a couple of other things. It's made out of collagen. So yeah, as you grow older, you hear wolf, then you'll get like that crop circle on your forehead, I mean on your scalp. You'll get that crop circle on your scalp because you don't have collagen to make hears. And they've shown that you need collagen to grow here. And your nails aren't growing so well anymore. Take some collagen, you nail, You'll you'll be like Wolverine and the X Men. You'll be climbing up the wall with your nails. They'll be so strong and wonderful. You skin. Our collagen has been used in studies of hair and skin and nails and it works. And we're talking about places like the University of Rochester and the Mayo Clinic and all. We're not talking about a bunch of bums and their basement doing these studies. We're not talking about people in their garage doing these studies. We're talking about real research institutions. Okay, they've done skin studies on our collagen. And places that really care about looks Brazil, Japan, Korea, Italy. These places, especially like Korea, they really care about and Brazil. They really care about their looks, so they studied our collagen and it was getting rid of wrinkles. And older people, men and women, it was getting rid of like fifty sixty percent of their wrinkles, like the crows feet around your eyes, wrinkles on your forehead, and the wrinkles by your mouth, and the wrinkles down by your decolletage, you know, your chest and your bosoms, the wrinkles and everything was holding up more ladies, like you know, the breast. They were held up more because collegun makes the connective tissue that holds everything in place. Say what you guys would your belly. Collagen holds everything in place. One reason why we develop a sloppy belly as we go rolled or is the collegon breaks down and way, hey, we could sag in the wrong places. Not a good thing. It's not going to hurt you, but who wants it? I don't. I don't like sagging. Two words that are weird, right, sag and moist, Like I don't want to sag and I don't want to be moist. But in any event, collagen keeps me young and strong, and it'll keep you more young and strong. They shown if you take collagen around exercise, it's good for your muscles because your muscles have a big collagen content. So let's talk about it. You make a lot of collagen until you finish developing it about the age of like thirty thirty five. Then collagen production drops, and it drops pretty severely. So when you're in your fifties, a reason why your nails aren't growing and your head doesn't look right, it's not behaving well, and your skin eh not the same lack of collagen. So you take a scoop two scoops of collagen every day. It's not gonna hurt you. You rebuild all these tissues. But collagen also is needed for your bone. It keeps the bones from becoming stiff, from becoming crisp, because when you make less collagen, your bones are thirty six percent collagen. That's what the minerals like calcium grab onto the build bone. So when you don't have enough collagen, you start to develop Swiss cheese bones like you see in diabetics. Diabetics their bones are like Swiss cheese. That's why they're more prone to getting a hip fracture or a broken rib or a broken wrist, their bones become hollow. In diabetes, collagen helps offset the fragility of bones by preventing them from becoming stiff because if they stiff, if they're stiff and you hit them, they snap. If they have a little give, they absorb the shock. So if you let's say you're taking collagen and you fall down and you hit your forearm on cement, it's less likely to chip or break or snap because the collagen allows it to absorb the shock. But if you lack the collagen, the bones become stiff in and when you hit that ground, there's no give and the bone breaks. It's like a skyscrape, like the Empire State Building has to sway a little bit in the wind, the little break the Jeoish Washington Bridge has to sway a little in the wind or it's going to break. Well, it's to say, what your bones they'll break if you lack collagen because they stiff, they're stiff, they have to give a little. So collagen helps you build bone and rebuild bone, and that's really cool. It's not just calcium, it's not just vitamin D. It's not just drugs like a lendernate, you know fosamax type aproach. You need collagen, but most people take collagen for either spinal pain or knee pain. Your spine is made out of collagen. There's joints that your spine is made out of these bones that are not connected. There's a space in between them, and the space in between them is cushioned by disks and held it to place by discs. Discs are basically collagen and water. So to keep the disks healthy, you need to put collagen in there. Because when you're growing older, you're not making the collagen anymore. You have to take the collagen. But then the bones are held at the place called facet joints, and they're made out of collagen, and the bone itself has a huge collagen content. Because the spine has to take a lot of wear and tear, you need a lot of collagen to prevent the bones room stiffening. So I have a lot of clients who take collagen for their spine and hells with spinal paint. I have a lot of clients who take collagen for arthritis in their shoulder, or arthritis in their thumb, or arthritis in their knee. Or hip because the cartilage and the joint and a lot of other tissues enjoint have a huge collagen content. So like in your knee, there's this protective coating over the bones to prevent them from smashing together and developing like shords of glass. Otherwise you feel like there's shords of glass and sand and you joint. It's very painful and it'll get deformed. The inside bone will start jutting out after a while. So the collagen creates the cartilage, which is that teflon coating that's slippery coating on the india bones in your knee, so they don't mash together and you don't have damage. Because when you damage your knee with arthritis, it's not just that the cartlage is gone the ends and the bones are shredded. It's a whole wantstop. So the collagen has Our collagen has been very successful in helping people with knee pain and hip pain, you know, to joint pain or arthritis in their thumb, or arthritis in their shoulder, or spinal pain or neck pain. A lot of people are getting neck pain today because they do all these crazy exercises in the gym, so they wind up with cervical arthritis, and then they can wind up with cervical migraines. You get cervical migraines, migraines coming from the spine in your neck. You're in trouble. It's really hard to deal with. You're in pain and ruin everything. So the cervical tissue and the spine is made out of collagen mostly Collagen's great, are you kidding me? And we've got a really clean collagen that's been used in a lot of human clinical sprouts. We know it's safe, we know what it's gonna do for you, We know how much to give. So it's gonna be good for your nails and you're here and your skin. You're going to see better skin, believe me, Healthier skin, get rid of wrinkles, and there's gulls and that translucence, and your bones and your joints are going to be healthier. In fact, your whole body's going to benefrom taking collagen, including your muscles, your blood, vessel walls, and your brain, because they're all made out of collagen and you're not keeping them up in good shape as you get older because you're not making enough collagen to maintain all these things. I mean, there's even collagen in your eyes. The whites of your eyes is water and collagen deep. It's everywhere. It's so important, and you make it less or less. So take a little collagen. You can't go over wrong. Now, all of the products I spoke about, our collagen, wonderful collagen for pain and for arthritis, and for your skin. Our creatine monohydrate for your muscles and your heart and your endurance and your brain energy, Our rest Virtual Max, and our krill oil. You buy them today, you get two bottles. They are fifty percent of suggest in retail. And if we ship it to you and it's thirty five dollars or more, we pay for the shipping. So that's a real bargain. That's real bargain. And the last thing I want to talk about is our Macula Advanced capsule, which I take in my wife takes with age. We don't absorb from our food things we need for our vision. We don't absorb zinc, so zinc levels crash. We don't absorb louten zas anton and mezza ziazantin, and this affects our vision. And when you take the Macula HX. It's going to help with your visual acuity seeing sharply. I like to paint, I need visual acuity. I like to read, I need visual acuity. I like to do crazy things like hikon mountains. I need visual acuity. It helps your visual stamina. See your eyes aren't getting tired when you're reading or playing all those games on your cell phone. It helps with unite vision. That's really important. A lot of older people die or get hurt and wind up in homes because they tripped at night because the lighting isn't good enough. They trip over the dog, they trip over the coffee table, they slip. So if you do the Macula, it'll help with your night vision and it'll help keep you safe. But also glare recovery. A lot of all the people don't drive because the oncoming headlights blind them and they stay blind for too long and that could be dangerous. So you recover quicker from the glare from oncoming headlights with the Macula eight advanced also contri sensitivity. So what is that you're driving at night and it's raining and you don't see a tree limb has fallen across the road and you hit the tree limb and you mess up your tires and your car fender. And the question four thousand dollars contrio sensitivity picking out an obstacle in low light like at night or at dusk or early in the morning, or when it's raining or snowing. So when they do reviews of these studies, there was just a new review. I'm out of time, man, There was just a new review appearing in the advance as of Nutrition thirty eight studies that the common and macula helps keep your eyes working, the lutine disease ant and the mesoz scent and the vitamin ee, vitamin ceed a, zinc, all the other antioxians. It keeps your eyes younger. I'm out of time. I have to go. But you know what, Invite has people like me working seven days a week. So you can contact them on the website Invite health dot com. Or you could go into the store and meet them, or you could call them on the phone and get great advice from these nutrient people who really went to school to learn nutrition, and then they learn again and again because I'm pushing them to learn. So go to Invite and deal with them because they're fantastic, and you can't get cleaner, better supplements, and you're getting a deal on all these supplements I spoke about today. So God bless and thank you for listening, and I'm going to sign off and go exercise.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. Today's featured product specials. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 2: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. Or go to invitealth dot com.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to Invite Health radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because will make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a quill at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed