Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Yelling, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I saw this piece today in the Washington Post, a column written by a fellow named Philip Bump, and he basically called into question why President Biden was well he I'll read his words, he says, if you look, he said, for some observers rooted in the convention of conventions, in the patterns of politics, Biden taking the stage at eleven thirty was a slight and intentional sidelining, sidelining of a president the party was eager to discard. He finishes the article with this interesting paragraph. Organizers canceled several speakers to hasten Biden's arrival and nix the planned performance from James Taylor. There's some unintentional symbolism in that too. Harris isn't young. She's sixty, turning sixty this year, but like most people, she is young compared to Biden, and her rise and approach are tangible measures of the center of gravity and the Democratic Party shifting toward its large percentage of younger voters. Taylor is someone who might have performed at the Democratic Convention in nineteen eighty eight, a favorite of the old generation of Democrats, and Democratic leaders. But with the clock ticking though, and the party needing to finalize the transition from Biden Harris, from the older generation to a new one, Taylor got bumped. What happened in Chicago on Monday night was what the Democrat Party suddenly and a month ago, unpredictably finalized its metamorphois into something new, something reoriented around a different part of the coalition. Biden has had his moment, and his party celebrated it, and then the moment ended. Very interesting tonight. We've heard from Michelle or the Democrats of her, from Michelle Obama. They're hearing now from former President Barack Obama. There will be some acknowledgments towards Joe Biden. But this was a coup. I mean it was. It was a decision made by the party elders that Joe Biden's the clock had run out on Joe Biden. Fear or unfair, that's what it is. That's what it was. Let's go to Warren, down to Fall River, Warren next on Nightside. Thanks for checking in, Warren. How are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. Yeah, I agree with you. The Democrat Party is I would almost dare say they're like they are the mafia right now. Because you know, I got a question for you, if we find out down the road, I just say, twenty years down the road, that we find out the people that were actually running the government instead of Biden, is that treason?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, because the reason I don't think so is that every president has his sets of advisors, his set of advisors. It's the phrase off, it is the so called kitchen cabinet. So most of the real cabinet members have to be nominated by the president and approved by the US Senate. And obviously great deference is given to the choice that a new president or any president makes for their cabinet members. However, there's nothing that prevents a president from having either other people on his staff, on his own staff or informal advisors. And Joe Biden had that like any president did.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it's just I mean, we keep on hearing that he you know, that he wasn't running the country or he's not running the country. I've heard it for three and a half years now, and it's just I'm just wondering, like, if we ever find out that, you know, he never made it you know, it wasn't him making the decisions, it was a people.
Speaker 2: I think you'll find out, I think, Warren, you'll find out. You won't find out that other people making decisions. You'll find out that he was making the decisions. But probably there were a lot of decisions that he made which relied very heavily on the input of other people. And you might find that his You know, there have been other presidents whose wives were very influential. Certainly Alanor Roosevelt was very influent, influential. Wood Row Wilson's wife was influential during his presidency. So there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, there's no illegality here. They basically decided, the grand poobas of the Democratic Party decided it was his time to go.
Speaker 3: And I kind of disagree with you because there was a difference of making the decision and or being told, being forced to make a decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. Yeah. And again, the other thing is that probably most of those people are not going to tell the tales out of school because they're loyal to themselves into into Joe Biden. But yeah, I mean, if I was the president of the United States and I said, I want one from Fall River. He's going to be in my staff. We don't really have a title for him, but I consult with him a lot. You know. That's it's it's it's a it's a blurry line, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It is a very blurry line. And I think what they did with him last night was totally disrespectful. I mean again, they should have had him on. Put him on it, put him on at nine. Yeah, you know, if he's if he's a keynote speaker, have him speak for half an hour at nine.
Speaker 2: Well that was not to be. And again, even at the end of the day, the president, he's the incumbent. It's not like it's not like he's a former president. He was the current president of the United States, and he basically.
Speaker 3: The current president of the United States. With total disrespect.
Speaker 2: You got it, Thank you, talk soon. I appreciate connect. Again. I'm looking for people either who are your opinion. I care your opinion is important, so feel free to join with your opinion. But I'm specifically looking for people tonight who are still in the fence and haven't decided, or anyone who has changed their vote in their own mind. Meaning you at one point this summer, let's say we're solid for Trump and now you're having second thoughts and are leaning towards the Democrats. Or conversely, you were solid for Joe Biden and now you've decided that you're going to go with Donald Trump or you're going to stick with the Democrats. I'd love to know what people are thinking right now. So it's an informal sort of poll, but i'd love to get your reactions. It's as simple as that. Uh, if you're sitting in front of a TV listening through speeches, you know what they're going to say, but you have no idea what the next call it might say. Six, one, seven, two, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan ray Line from the Window World nights Side Studios on w BZ the News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks keep Rolling'm going to go to Jan in Hanson. Hi, Jan, welcome, You're next on Nightside. Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Jan? How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good. I'm doing good. Just saw a movie, but uh so I'm feeling what movie do fun?
Speaker 3: What movie?
Speaker 4: Dead Pool?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 4: Deadpool?
Speaker 2: Deadpool. Uh, anyone in that that that we would recognize?
Speaker 4: It was that at a theater or a were we watching that was in a theater? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, what was it about?
Speaker 4: If I could ask, It's about these Marvel characters that never die and okay, they keep fighting. It's a calm. It's like a dark comedy. Okay, okay, funny.
Speaker 2: Some would argue that our presidential election is a dark comedy too, but whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a dark comedy.
Speaker 2: So have you figured out who you're going to vote for?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I was going to vote for Biden, but then he dropped out. Now it's hariss. So I don't know if I want to vote for an independent or not, you know, like JFK.
Speaker 2: Or RFK r FK. Yeah, yeah, I can't vote for JFK but r FK, So why not? Why not vote for President Biden's vice president?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. I think maybe she's just a little bit too liberal. I mean, I'm I'm I'm an independent leaning to the Democrat side. But I so, I don't I don't know who I've going to vote for.
Speaker 2: Who was the last Republican you voted for?
Speaker 5: For President Trump?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Is the stake of my life in what year?
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Both twenty oh, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: And so you voted, So you voted for Hillary in twenty sixteen?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I voted for Trump. Voute sixteen and twenty oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, And no way that.
Speaker 4: He could because I didn't want Hillary.
Speaker 2: Okay, no way that you can that he can earn your vote again, I assume no. No, okay, So it'll either be a Democrat or a third party candidate, right, Okay, who did you did you feel Biden did a good job as president?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, I did. Okay, I do. I really proudly did a good job. And now the pundits putting him down and people putting him down for saying he didn't do anything and he didn't do this, and he didn't do that. It's like like open your eyes, you know, yes he did. He did a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you think that he should have I assume you think you should have stayed in the race. Do you think that he was moved out by the powers of the Democratic Party or do you think he came to that decision on his own.
Speaker 4: I think it was I think it was both really. Yeah, I think he just talked into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean eventually he had to get out. I mean he, I mean he no one could could physically force him out. But I think that there was a lot of pressure put on the president of the United States.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did too, a lot of pressure, no doubt, no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 2: Well, Jana, I'm glad you called. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Have I ever had you on the show before? Since your first time?
Speaker 6: In my first time, got to give you one of the clause.
Speaker 4: Many a lot? You what I listen to you guys a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great. I appreciate it. And I hope you'll continue to call and uh as the weeks turn into a couple of months and we get towards November, call again. And if you I'd love to know who you eventually decide you're going to vote for, because I think it's going to be people like you who are going to decide, in some form or fashion decide the election.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hope so, I truly believe that.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jen, thanks so much for voting. You appreciate it. Tim Bye, good night, six one, seven, four ten thirty. I have open lines there. I have three open lines at six, one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty talking a little politics. That'd love to have you be honest with me and tell you tell me what you're thinking right now and how you're thinking may or may not have changed in the last few weeks. I think jans calls will interesting because there's someone who voted for Trump twice, uh seem to like Biden and may not vote for Harris. It's funny. Everybody's story can be a little different. Okay, it's there. When we watch these conventions, you see the people who are the party loyalists, the Republicans and the Democrats, and we tend to think, oh, well, you know, it's just no, it's it's much more complicated than that. Let's go to Eileen and how I Leen? Thanks for checking in. How are you tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm I'm fine, watching out the window of the beautiful full moon.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Better than watching TV, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: So well, I just I can't stand to put on the TV and listen to all those people, and I my children tell me I can't vote for Trump. Why can't I vote for Trump? Why shouldn't I vote for Trump.
Speaker 2: I think you should vote for whoever you want. I don't think you have a right to tell your children who to vote for, and I don't think your children have a right to tell you who to vote for. I think we're all individuals, and I think when we get into the privacy of the voting booth, you have every right to vote for who you want, or you have a right not to cast a vote. I mean you can walk in there and it's just you and the ballot. That's that's the sec of the hit of the of the secret That's that's the beauty of the secret ballot.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: Well, I I just don't like Harris. I'm sorry, she's I She just totally turns me off, and I am.
Speaker 2: Well, why do you hear and answering some questions about why she's changed her positions. You know, she was against fracking, now she's four fracking. She was against this, now she's for She was for this, now she's against it. She has yet to do a news conference, She's yet to do Trump is talking too much, and I think she's talking too little in my opinion.
Speaker 7: Well, Trump isn't talking that much lately, is he.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's been out there trying to do these in these little news conferences. He was in I think Wisconsin yesterday. He was in Michigan today and he just and he had a he had a news conference. I think it was like over the weekend down at his golf course in Bedminster, and he just goes on. He speaks for like an hour before he starts to even take questions, and he takes questions for half an hour. So, uh, it's a weird race, Eileen. And keep your mind open and see what happens. And if your kids tell you what to do, you know you're an adult and their adults, I assume and and therefore each of you follow your own heart and do what you have to do, simple as that.
Speaker 7: Well, I am I like Trump, and I think he was unfairly, very unfairly criticized during his whole presidency, and that that makes me angry.
Speaker 9: And do a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people who feel that way. You're not You're not the only one that feels that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I really am sorry that R F. K Junior. That would be a wasted vote, But I uh, he was. He was the person I thought should should become more prominent. But I think he's He's only.
Speaker 2: Doing about about four or five percent of the polls at this point. So I think that the public has decided that he's not gonna win, but he could influence who's gonna win because he could take votes away from one candidate or the other. Aleen, I got to keep rolling here. Great to hear your voice as always, and I will. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Tell those kids that you have a mind of your own and you're gonna use it whatever you do. Okay, Thanks, Okay, have a great name. Let me go next to Sal in Los Angeles. Sal periodically drops by, Hi, Sal, How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan?
Speaker 10: How are you sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. Is that California're excited about the possibility of their former US Senator now Vice President Harris running for president.
Speaker 10: I don't care for To be honest with you, I wanted to talk about the Democrats if I.
Speaker 2: Could, sure, go ahead.
Speaker 10: So I'm from Boston originally, and my dad had a house in Watertown. He sold it and he paid capital gains, which is fine because you know, he bought it back in the sixties and he was on social Security and the social security because they caught they saw that during the system, they saw that he sold it. Took a thousand dollars a month away from him. And when we called them to say what happened, they said, you can thank Obama that they passed a law stating that if you sold the capital gain or whatever. I mean, I can't prove it obviously now on the radio, but they took a thousand dollars a month for a year.
Speaker 2: Really, I have given a social security Yeah, I have never heard that, to be honest with.
Speaker 10: You, Yep, that's what they did. So you can thank Obama and the Democrats for trying to do whatever they can, you know, to I don't know what it is, you know, whatever, whatever bills or deals or whatever they did. But that's what happened to my family.
Speaker 2: H How old was your dad at that time when he sold the house.
Speaker 10: He was retired. He was in the seventies. He had the house for years. I mean he bought it in the sixties. We grew up there. You know, whatever the deal is, you know, he rented it out, He did all the you know, whatever it was he did. You know, it was a rental. He paid taxes on it every year, you know, and then and then when he sold it, he paid the capital gains, which is justified, you know, because the values of Watertown was amazing. But but when we when we heard about that, you know how they took the money away from social Security. I'm like, what's that got to do with the capital games? What's that got to do with social Security? I mean, you pay into social Security for your whole life, and now all of a sudden, you know, you're you have a property and you're you're getting social Security, And because you have this property and you made money, they're going to take money away from you and your social security. I mean, what's that?
Speaker 2: Uh, it doesn't make any sense to me at.
Speaker 10: All, But they did it. You can have your producers do the research in it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do it even if we talk here, let me let me see uh, And they said, let me let me read something to you here. Capital gains are other kinds of income. Rental payments, inheritances, pensions, interested dividends do not reduce your Social Security payments. So selling investment and he may leave you with a tax benefit with a tax bill, but won't affect your Social Security benefits. So I think in all honesty, cell, that you're mistaken on this.
Speaker 10: Okay, now I don't want to I'm not do it because my mom's sab Security or my parents' Social Security A check was one thousand dollars less for a year.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at a couple of can selling my investment property affect my Social Security benefits? More than seventy one million Americans will receive soci Security benefits in twenty twenty four. That includes retirees, people who qualify for SSI disability benefits, and some survivors. Each one will receive an increase in their benefits. You know, you know a cost of living increase. Does earned income affect your benefits? Capital gains, capital gains and other kinds of income, rental payments, inheredanances, pensions, interests, or dividends do not reduce your Social Security payments. So selling investment property may leave you with a tax bill, but won't affect your Social Security benefits. However, However, however, for individuals with very high incomes, there's another consideration of deciding when to sell investment property. The Net income Investment tax. This tax is three point eight percent that the IRS collects on investment income. For those with income above certain specific thresholds. The Levey applies to capital gains, interest, rental royalty, interom and passive income, but not salary wages or SOB security benefits. Those sources of income are part of the calculation to determine if your subject of attax, which is determined by calculating you modified adjusted gross income. I think, from what I'm reading here, and I'm just doing quick quick readings, so you can't hold me to this, I do not see anything which suggests that your dad's Social Security payments should have been reduced by one thousand dollars a month by virtue of the fact that he enjoyed a capital gains benefit from the sale of a property.
Speaker 10: I should go back to them. I should go back to them and get a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Then to I definitely would. I would call a tax attorney, okay, or you know, preferably a tax attorney. If you were here, I could make a recommendation to you. But I'm sure that you can find the tax attorney in Los Angeles, because if you do think I don't know if your dad is still alive, I don't know. Okay, you certainly should spend the time to settle it in your mind and talk with a tax attorney.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: Let me know what happens. I've just done a quick quick read here. Uh, and I'm telling you I think that that that that was a mistake. It should not have happened. If it did happen, and if it was not a mistake, maybe there was some other reason, maybe somehow your dad's your SOL security benefits are based in large part on your earnings over over time, and you have to have you know, so many forty quarters and all of that. So you know, I've I have, I get SO Security and I get a very nice check from so Scurity, but I've paid a hell of a lot into SO Security. Okay. So if if if all of a sudden they miscalculated your dad's earnings and they decided we're going to now have to crawl back some of that money, but it would not have to do with capital gains taxes from what.
Speaker 10: My reading is, No, they did that. Yeah, their point was that you had to sale and and we're taken one thousand dollars a month for.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I think your recollection of that either as incorrect, although I suspect you you're you're accurate. Talk to a tax attorney and do me a favor. Call me back and let me know. Okay. I will thank you, BUTOULD appreciate it. Thanks Joe, hopefully, sal excuse me South, Thank you very much, call again.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want you to call me Rotha because I've heard from me before and I like to hear from different people in different parts of the country.
Speaker 10: Fair enough, no problem, sir, you think take care.
Speaker 2: Thanks out, good night. Okay. Now the only lines that are open are six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. The others are full up, so stop dialing six one, seven, two five four to ten thirty and start dialing six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. I got Bill, Roland and Joel coming up, and I got room for you at six one seven nine three one ten thirty, and I will get you in. I promise. We are talking about a variety of issues, but primarily if you're an undecided voter, if you have tied, if you if you find yourself moving away from your candidate of a month ago and towards someone else, make your points coming back on Night's side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get right back at it. We're gonna get now all of a sudden, the lines getting full. Bill and Lexington Bill next on Nightside.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Hey, Ken, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine. I'm just following along here and trying to figure out what the pulse of the night side audiences.
Speaker 11: I hope it's that they view this next election it is not American idol. But judge the people on their on their policies, not themselves.
Speaker 2: Yep. I think that's it. That is how I will how I will view it. But I gotta tell you, I like a lot of Trump's policies, but I don't like his demeanor right now. I really don't.
Speaker 11: You know, He's he's he is a nasty old businessman, and it doesn't help that he was on TV with his TV shows and whatnot. But I do believe in my heart that his policies what's best for America. Right now. I believe I believe that this isn't this isn't a race between Republicans Democrats at the moment. I believe that a lot of our politicians are leading way too far out of the left, which ends up in socialism, and it's happened to Venezuela in the past five six, seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's incredible what's going on down there.
Speaker 11: And I just you know Obama. I had to. Obama's been running the country since he got out of the White House.
Speaker 2: Well who else.
Speaker 11: Who's nine blocks away and builds a wall around that house. But I needed to be so close to the pulse. Why when you go back to Chicago, we didn't do a damn thing for the whole time you were a cent of avail.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, he just gave a very powerful speech. I just caught the end of it during the news break. He certainly he does know how to he's a good orator.
Speaker 11: Oh sure, I would like to pay less for gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a bad thing.
Speaker 11: And I'd like to pay less for groceries. I don't know why, Like the very first day mister President Biden was elected that he closed the pipeline down on the price of gas spiked to two dollars more gallon, which drove everything else in the world up. Everything you ship with petroleum. Like, that's not a good thing. One pipeline does that. It seems to me every time the Democrat hats an office, the price of gas goes sky high. And I got a wonder like, who owns all that stock?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that, but I do think in my opinion that the Democrats would like to move us away from fossil fuel and away from gas uh, you know, cars, and to ev vehicles. And I think the public is resisting that at this point. And I think that there will be more subsidy for electric vehicles if the Democrats, you.
Speaker 11: Know, carry thee From what I understand by people that work in the industry, the electric industry, the grid industry, the grid can't support that.
Speaker 2: Not at this point. Not at this point. I don't think there are too many charging stations, public charging stations that I.
Speaker 11: Say no, or enough electricity to make this come to fruition in the next ten years.
Speaker 2: Yep, there's no doubt about that. You're all You're right on all of those things. So you have been with Trump, You're sticking with Trump.
Speaker 11: I'm sticking with Trump. I wish he could just learn to be a little more And I don't want to say politically correct, because I believe political correctness is what's gotten us in this.
Speaker 2: Mess No, but I just think that he goes off in these rifts and it's like, and it's you. You begin to wonder how stable is this guy. It's it's one thing to believe strongly in your positions, but he just goes off me. He's calling you the other day. He's better looking than Kamala Harris. I mean, come on, what is that?
Speaker 11: I mean it's and that's the DS we don't need to hear. It makes me just yeah and just talk talk about the policies, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree with you more, couldn't agree with you. It makes him an unseerious candidate. It's like he's he's running to become I don't know, a night side a nighttime comedian or something like that. It's weird, honestly.
Speaker 11: It's like every it's like every forty five minutes shooting yourself on the foot.
Speaker 2: You got it, You got it? Hey, Bill, I'm up on my break. I'm trying to get one more in here before the break. I so appreciate your calling, and I hope you continue to call my program.
Speaker 11: Always a pleasure, and thank you.
Speaker 2: That got you? Thanks Bill? Okay, let me get real quickly Joe is an act and Joe, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hi, Yes, I got two things.
Speaker 8: I'll say something about the election, But first the answer to that question concerning your social security. You probably are still working and don't have Medicare. But when you get Medicare, I retired at seventy three. There's something called IRMA IRMA and it's income related monthly adjustment amounts.
Speaker 9: And what it is.
Speaker 8: It's a search charge on your Medicare which depends on your income. And I think a thousand is a little too much. But I'll tell you right now what my chart says for a married couple, assuming a gentleman was married at the time, If the married couple has more than seven hundred and forty ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents, they face each and they're both on Medicare, they face each a four hundred and nine four hundred and nineteen dollars a month search charge, which is a little under one thousand. And I know of some people that have had this problem selling property. Selling a nice house in Watertown could have could have resulted in easily a capital gain of a million dollars. Okay, well, and that that would have capital gain would be taxed, and that that would be income. Basically, that million dollars of young would be taxed at a lower rate, but it's still a million dollars of income, and therefore that would result in a charge for only one year. Now, they don't allow you to average, so you only pay. You only pay this charge for one year, and then the following year you don't have that gain, go back to the normal Social security.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's assume you gain a million dollars hypothetically, and they're going to charge you an extra five hundred.
Speaker 8: Dollars a month, four hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 9: Right now, I get that.
Speaker 2: That's the number game. I'm just trying to Let's say it was five hundred dollars a month for twelve months. That would be six thousand dollars over the course of that twelve months, but you'd still so you.
Speaker 9: Would only be more if it's a married couple.
Speaker 2: Each No, I get it, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 9: Each agadica, I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to simplify it. I'm trying to simplify it, Okay, trying to simplify it. I have soial security, I get my health insurance to my wife's company. So I'm not on Medicare, okay. But but the point that you're making is that the sale of a substantial amount of real estate could have an impact on what you have to pay for your Medicare surcharge. Okay, but that would not be what South from Los Angeles was describing was in effect a clawback that they were taking one thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: They take it right right out of your Social Security because so that.
Speaker 2: Might be, that might be the answer, but sal was describing it as the consequence. He did not mention a connection in Medicare. I'm aware of that. Thank you for clarifying.
Speaker 9: Those are the consequences.
Speaker 8: It's just to cut it.
Speaker 9: It comes right off automatically right now.
Speaker 2: I see it. But it is not something that will go on beyond the year.
Speaker 9: So beyond the year, but it couldn't my case.
Speaker 8: Of course, I've got not that much, but I've got quite a bit coming off each month because i haven't high retirement income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it, I got it. Look, I appreciate it, Joe very much. I hope Sali is still listening. But I also think that he should sit yeah with a lawyer.
Speaker 8: Who I'm voting for or my yeah on voting, I'm between now and between Trump and Kennedy, both of them. I'm very much against the CIA. I'm very much against all of this foreign involvement for many many years yep, fifty years now, I've been against it, and I think Trump, you know, is sympathetic to that, and certainly Kennedy is.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you if he's my question. Here's my question, Okay, real quick, because we're running out of time and I want to get everybody in here. I'm going to try to figure out who are going to vote for. My question is have you ever voted for third party presidential candidate before? Have A voted for Lost Parot, Jill Stein or anyone like that?
Speaker 9: Yes, you have Ross Perot, and I voted for for the Fellow again.
Speaker 8: In two thousand, I voted for Ralph Nader, and I voted for Ralph Nader again.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, my prediction is you you were going to eventually vote for Robert R. F. Kennedy Jr. Do me a favor after you cast your ballot, call me back and let me know.
Speaker 9: I will.
Speaker 2: Past performance is always indicative of future results.
Speaker 8: So that's that's my guest with you with Kennedy. But I may change to Trump and I'll let it.
Speaker 2: Keep me posted. Okay, thanks Joe, thanks for the forming a phone call. Thank you very much. Have a great one. All right. I got Robin Maine, I got Bill and Wooster are gonna get you both in. Stay right there. We got to take a very quick break. If you want to try to get on, I'll give you two options six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. But Rob and Bill your and don't worry. Stay there. Back on nights out after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios.
Speaker 2: I'm WBZ News Radio. I want to thank Joe from acting. He's absolutely right to selling a house affect Medicare benefits. The sale of your home could affect your Medicare Part D and Part D premiums if it results in a significant capital gain that increases your modified adjusted gross income above certain thresholds. And those thresholds are two hundred and six thousand dollars for someone filing jointly and one hundred and three thousand dollars for an individual on Medicare who is filing individually. Okay, I'm going to get both Bill and Worcester and Robin Maine. Let me go to Billin Worcester first. Bill, give you about a minute and a half. You're a little late, but you go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Okay, Dan, I'm a regular listener with a except I took an exception. I have to listen to the Democratic Convention. But as soon as Obama camelin and a couple of minutes into it, I couldn't take it anymore. The division of his attitude, dividing the people in this country. Yep, it's just too much to take. So I came back on thank you.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 5: On the issue of the medicare thing, I don't think it only relates. Okay, it's pod B. You're right. You just clarify what somebody else called your pod B premium is affected by your income, but as far as I know, it doesn't have They've just been sale the house. You could be a high income earner. Your pod B could go anywhere from what I don't even have Medicare because I never got qualified so security. But anyways, you could be as low as like what one hundred and thirty hundred and forty hundred and fifty dollars a month for pod B if you're down below a certain level of income gross income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was capital gains and again most people yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I don't think capital gains affects the Medicare pot B. Only any income you have. You could be hitting dividends from stocks and bonds, or you could have another job. Your income is up and bring it up. Your ink premium pot P could go as high as four five hundred dollars a month. Okay, you're good, Your wife is, your insurance is with you, what you can sell your house, and it won't affect you whatsoever as far as loser any solid security because they're not gonna be deducting your pot your pot deep out of it where it comes from.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Bill, I appreciate you for the clarifying. This is tough stuff. It's interesting stuff, and that's why I suggested a sal in Los Angeles. You know, talk to a tax attorney out there and make sure that that that you tell that texts.
Speaker 5: Your solid security. And because you don't have any uh any any any pot being you don't have medicare, it won't affect. So you're upset that way. But when you want to go on so is good. For some reason, you have to go on so onto medicare. Rather, you're gonna have to pay a big penalty to come into it because you haven't been into it.
Speaker 2: Yep, No, I understand that, and hopefully I won't. Bill. I got I let you, I get you here, but I got to get Robin Maine in as well. Okay, thanks so much for call and appreciate it. I'll give you more time next time, Robin Man. Rob, go right ahead, got about a good minute for you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Rob, No problem, Dan, I definitely cannot democrat, especially this time around the amount of money that they're promising us. You know, they're going to give us this, they're going to give us that, and they're not justifying where it's going to come from. My taxes can't go up anymore, Dan, You know, we just had property re evaluations up here. My local taxes went up twenty five percent. I just can't do anymore. We have to pay for the COVID money that we just blew, you know, so that's going to come out now, you know, which can't handle it. And then the whole thing with the you know, with the foreign aid, the wars around the world. I'm dumbfounded by the whole thing in Ukraine. You know, Ukraine's actually pushing into Russia now, so they're actually invading Russia and we're still financing this. It's dumbfounding to me. Our Ally, Israel is just defending their own homeland. You know, they're defending against a horrific attack, which we did on September eleventh, and the Democrats are against this. This is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: I think you make some great points, and I wish you would call earlier so we could have a longer conversation. So please please come back some night a little earlier, because I think you just made some great points. Okay, have a great night.
Speaker 6: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: Thanks Rob for calling and appreciate it. We had a thirty year Rob. I think, okay, we're done for the night. Great job, Rob Brooks. Marita is back today. I'm set up the eight o'clock hour. Want to thank everyone who listened and particularly the calls. I know it's kind of tough tonight because we're doing politics while there's been politics on in Chicago. All I'll end there's always all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. That you loved them, they loved you. I do believe you'll see them again, See you again Tomorrow night, everybody, you'll be on Facebook night side with Dan Ray in just a minute or two