Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, a quiz practice show that hits you pal right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivias than there are trolls waiting.
Speaker 1: To get you, wait to make everybody pre.
Speaker 2: We want to give a big goal shout out to Glenda from Anthony. Happy tenth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Happy Sampi.
Speaker 2: Congratulations and don't worry Glenda. He knows that it's on the sixteenth. We just don't come out that day. Ha ha ha ha. Enjoy your anniversary. And we also want to say thank you to some coffees. Yeah tasty, tasty, Oh our Mike, thank you, Thank you, Pe Piero, Richard, are you and Bryce, Bryce, beauty all of you. And we did some zoom trivia and we had some new faces, which is always fun. And hey, happy birthday, Pab happy belated.
Speaker 3: Pam happy but late Pam and Paulu so in third place. We had Living Bigs, second place last Chili Day in Cleveland, and then first place Nerdleerer.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for playing. Nice to meet the Biggs family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super fun to see.
Speaker 1: You everyone who returned to Zoom Trivia. It's always fun, always nice to see folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's about it. So we hope everyone's doing well, enjoying life. And here is how the show works.
Speaker 1: Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is music. Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, and Cindy Crawford were all featured in a music video for which George Michael Songestion two. The category is film. What is the first name of baby Jennifer Gray's character in Dirty Dancing? Question three? The category is literature. Despite having over twenty years worth of previous work, what novel did Leo Tolstoy say was the first I have ever written? Question four? The category is film. This question comes from listener Knife.
Speaker 1: Thank you Knife?
Speaker 2: What film? Adapted from Arthur Conan Doyle's nineteen twelve novel of the same name was the first feature length film to be shown on a commercial airline. And now the answers to round one Question one. Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, and Cindy Crawford were all featured in what George Michael's song for the music video.
Speaker 1: Freedom ninety directed by David Fincher?
Speaker 2: What did he direct?
Speaker 1: Fight Club?
Speaker 2: So we don't talk about Freedom?
Speaker 1: Among other things? He also did the Social network Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl, Panic Room, Zodiac.
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 1: Was George Michael some kind of serial killer?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: When's the last time you heard from Cindy cra.
Speaker 2: Question two? What is the first name of baby Jennifer Gray's character in Dirty Dancing Francis? Nobody puts Francis in the corner? Doesn't have the same ring?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, A lot of people put Francis in the corner.
Speaker 2: Francis prefers the quarter. Question three. Despite having over two twenty years worth of previous work, what novel did Leo Tolstoy say was the first I have ever written? Anna Corinna take that warn piece? Question four? What film adapted from Arthur Conan. Doyle's nineteen twelve novel of the same name, was the first feature length film shown on a commercial airline, The Lost World in nineteen twenty five. That's Fun.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is animals. Thought to aid in darkness and for pouncing foxes have whiskers not only on their faces, but where? Question six category science? What is the geographical term for a large hollow that forms shortly after the emptying of a magma chamber in a volcanic corruption? Question seven category geography. This one comes to us from Sweet Brice tea. Thank you, Sweet.
Speaker 2: Brice, Thank you, Sweet Brass.
Speaker 1: Glaciers cover roughly ten percent of the Earth's land surface, with nearly ninety percent found in the polar regions of Antarctica and Greenland. Outside the polar regions, which country home to more than seven thousand known glaciers contains the greatest volume of glacial ice? Question eight category World Leaders? Which Russian leader resigned on December thirty first, nineteen ninety nine, And now the answer is Round two? Question five, Thought to aid in darkness and for pouncing foxes have whiskers not only on their faces, but where? On their legs.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: Apparently that's true several mammals. Question six, what is the geographical term for a large hollow that formed shortly after the emptying of a magma chamber in a volcanic corruption caldera? Question seven? Outside the polar regions, which country contains the greatest volume of glacial ice? Pakistan?
Speaker 2: That's interesting and I would have knocked us up.
Speaker 1: Question eight. Which Russian leader resigned on December thirty first, nineteen ninety nine. Boris Yeltsin feltzen for Yeltsin his resignation gave us Vladimir Putin ever heard of him?
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. Category for this week's Bang Bang Round is film. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Name the top seven highest grossing films starring Ryan Gosling. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: And that's time. The seven highest grossing films starring Ryan Gosling are The Big Short at one hundred and thirty three point four million, Crazy Stupid Love at one hundred and forty five million, The Fall Guy at one hundred and eighty one million, Blade Runner twenty forty nine, two hundred and seventy six point six million, La La Land five hundred and four point six million, Project hell Mary at five hundred and ten million, and Barbie at one point four to four billion, and that Project hell Mary number will change, although I don't know if it'll get up to Barbie numbers.
Speaker 2: Think it's got to catch Barbie, but it will still go up.
Speaker 1: As of this recording, that's that's where it stands. It surpassed La La Land. I think from the time we wrote the question to the time we were recorded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, projectail Mary is a fun movie.
Speaker 1: If you like space it is. And if you like it, make sure you read the book. The book's a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: Round three. Question nine. The category is games and hobbies. In a standard game of gin Rummy, how many cards are each player dealt to begin the game? Question ten. The category is language. This question comes from listener Sarah. Thank you, Sarah, Sarah. What texting staple is named after the Japanese words for picture and character? Question eleven. The category is mythology. Who was the Greek god of sculpture? Question twelve the category is fashion. What two word hyphenated term has been used since the nineteen sixties to describe inexpensive footwear consisting of a flat soul held loosely on the foot by a y shaped strap. And now the answer is to round three. Question nine. In a standard game of gin rummy, how many cards are each player dealt to begin the game? Ten? Regular rummy with two to four players is also ten or six if there are five players, plus other deals for other variations. Question ten hoho fitting What texting staple is named after the Japanese words for picture and character emoji? Question eleven. Who is the Greek god of sculpture? Hephaistus makes sense.
Speaker 1: He was the basically the blacksmith of the gods, so he knows how to handle a hammer, probably a chisel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blacksmith thinks his job, but sculpturings his passion. Probably even the deities had to deal with their day jobs. Question twelve. What two word hyphenated term has been used since the nineteen sixties to describe inexpensive footwear consisting of a flat sole held loosely on the foot by a y shaped strap. Flip flop?
Speaker 1: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is geo history. This one comes to us from listener Nolan, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Nolan, Thank you Nolan.
Speaker 1: Within five years? When was the first child born south of the sixtieth parallel and the first to be born on the Antarctic mainland? Question fourteen Category television. Who sang I'm a little bit Country and I'm a little bit rock and roll on their television variety show. Question fifteen category sports Bjorn Borg won how many consecutive Wimbledon singles titles? Question sixteen category art. The type of beating from Ghana known as agri features beads made of what material? And now the answers to round four Question thirteen Within five years, When was the first child born on the Antarctic mainland? Nineteen seventy eight, So anywhere between nineteen seventy three and nineteen eighty three is acceptable. Emilio Marcos Stipaul Mamrella was born at an Argentine research facility, and Nolan says, there have been ten Antarctic births since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have the most successful birthrate because there's so few and they've all survived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when I was reading about this, there was a child that was born somewhere around the Antarctic, I think in the nineteenth century. But specifically south of the sixtieth parallel and on the mainland itself. Officially was this kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other mother needed to travel more to become a trivia effect, that's right.
Speaker 1: Question fourteen. Who sang I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock and roll? Oh yeah, it was Danni and Marie the Osmonds Classic. Question fifteen bjorn Borg won how many consecutive Wimbledon singles titles? Five? Pretty dominant that.
Speaker 2: The consecutives especially impressive.
Speaker 1: And question sixteen the type of beating from Ghana known as Agri features beads made of what material? Agri beads are made of glass?
Speaker 2: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Botany and History. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, Cooper, Ridgestone, and Hancook are all brands that make.
Speaker 1: What Question two. In a Hans Christian Andersen tale, a swan is mistaken for what kind of animal?
Speaker 2: Question three Fill in the blank for this quote from Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth, we few we happy few we blank of brothers.
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again the categories botany and history. Sir Henry Alexander Wickham was the first person to smuggle a large shipment of what kind of seeds from Brazil to the British Empire in eighteen seventy six, And.
Speaker 2: Now the answer is to the big Bang round Question one. Cooper, Bridgestone, and Hancook are all brands that make what tires?
Speaker 1: Question two? In a hun Christian Anderson tail, a swan is mistaken for what kind of animal.
Speaker 2: Duck? Question three. Fill in the blank for this quote from Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth, we Few, we happy few we blank of brothers, band, band of brothers.
Speaker 1: And finally, Sir Henry Alexander Wickham was the first person to smuggle a large shipment of what kind of seeds from Brazil to the British Empire in eighteen seventy six. The seeds of trees that make the substance. You can have tires, ducks and bands made of rubber?
Speaker 2: Why did they have to be sneaky snakes?
Speaker 1: Brazil had a monopoly on rubber at the time because it was the only place they would really grow. I think they started to expand into other kind of tropic places. But he wanted it for the British Empire, or the British Empire wanted it.
Speaker 2: They took it.
Speaker 1: They He took seventy thousand seeds. Wow, And to beat customs, Brazilian customs, he labeled the cargo as exceedingly delicate botanical specimens destined for Queen Victoria's gardens. And he was able to sneak him out that way, and out of the seventy thousand seeds apparently only about twenty seven hundred grew. Is a good thing. I guess he got that. He took that many thing for them, But that carries a lot of consequences, one of which was the complete dismantling of Brazilian economy, the Brazilian economy and Amazonian you know, leadership in that trade commodity. I think that set them back quite a bit. Although you know, monopolies.
Speaker 2: Aren't monopolies are bad, but also also the.
Speaker 1: British economy just because you're you're jealous or whatever. At one point Henry Ford tried this maneuver too, and he tried to build his own farm for rubber trees, which you know, that makes sense that I don't think.
Speaker 2: It worked because of the climate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the climate has a lot to do with it. It's there. I think they're very delicate trees. They like a very specific environment. And he tried to build a place called ford Landia and apparently it just happiest.
Speaker 2: Yeah you say that. Yeah, same thing. I was like, like Disneyland, but terrible.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, pretty crazy story. Bio pirate, that's what they call him.
Speaker 2: A bio steal. Yeah, makes sense. The name is cooler than the deed.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you guys listening, if indeed you still are, and if you like what we do, you can always feel free to buy us at coffee at kosh fi dot com, slash Quizbang pod or sign up to our patreon at patreon dot com slash Quizbang ad free episodes and an extrasode a month. Thanks again to everybody who came to play zoom trivia with us.
Speaker 2: Thank you all.
Speaker 1: Look forward to the next one.
Speaker 2: Always a good time.
Speaker 1: And for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, I've been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been Andy Flora. Here's looking at quiz the Lost World in nineteen twenty five. That's fun. I wonder what it looked like the first well, they.
Speaker 1: They had so much room. It was probably like flying in a movie theater. That probably set up a projector, and everybody had leg room. Everybody's eating popcornis and everybody's smoking. Probably hard to see through the haze.