Speaker 1: All right, Thanksgiving is going to be wicked. What am I talking about? I'm going to tell you also, another movie has scared the Holy Jesus out of me. We're going to talk about that film as well. And what are you doing tomorrow? We got to talk about that on today's carrel Cast.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, Unfiltered, un Hinged.
Speaker 1: E's the Cuell Cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the Cralcast. I am Carell Happy Wednesday, the twenty seventh of November, Tomorrow being the twenty eighth. First of all, Tomorrow would be my mother's eighty ninth birthday. She left me when she was seventy one. Or wait, no, she had to leave earlier than that. If it's her eighty nine, she died twenty nine, two thousand and three, So what is that twenty one years ago? She's going to be eighty nine? She was seventy She wasn't seventy eight when she died. Sixty eight sixty eight when she dies. My mother was seventy one when she died. How could that math add up? Seventy one plus twenty one is ninety two? Well, who knows that make her born in eighty nine earned in nineteen thirty nine, wouldn't it. Maybe I have that wrong. Well, do you know? It's so weird. One of the perks of being a semi famous person is that there's stuff about you online and like Wikipedia and all that. Sometimes I have to go and it's so funny. I'm listening to Barber's book and she has to do the same thing. Sometimes I have to go check an online resource to find out something personal about me because I'd forgotten it. I believe my mother was born in nineteen twenty nine and my dad in nineteen thirty one, but I could have that backwards anyway. I hope you're having a great day.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: There's a great saying, the best laid Plans of Mice and Men oft Gang Aglie. You all probably didn't know that was the saying, but it is. And I had a completely different show for you this morning. I was in the kitchen. I was gonna make the tofurkey role out of mashed potatoes and firm tofu and spices and stuff, and ten minutes before I went on. The reason I'm late is a water met broke here and all the water is off. And they also had to shut off a gas line, so the kitchen was just not usable, so I had to relocate everything from the kitchen into the studio to be with you here. I will not be with you tomorrow or the next day. Have a great four day weekend. I hope you can, and I really need. I'm a little emotional today. Get them. I love holidays, and last night I told Steve Cabral fuck Donald Trump. Donald Trump and Maga are not taking Thanksgiving or Christmas from me. Fuck them. I am gonna have a Thanksgiving dinner, I'm gonna have a Christmas. We're gonna decorate for Christmas. Screw them, screw their screw giness. They don't get to determine whether I have a holiday or not. And if it's just for me and Ember or me and Ember or Steve, or just me and you or whatever, Hey, that's okay because I'm alive and I'm here now, and I'm not gonna wait till next year to celebrate. I'm not gonna sit around and let them rob it from me. Screw them. They've taken enough of my life and it's gonna be horrible next year. We may not be able to afford Thanksgiving next year. And that's the truth. I mean, I couldn't afford it now, Sweet Jesus, I went shopping yesterday because I decided to cook. I wasn't gonna cook. Decided to cook because I love to cook. I thought, why aren't you cooking for Thanksgiving? Who cares if it's just for you? You love to cook, So I'm going to cook. I wish I could just live stream the rest of my day today, and I'm and who knows, maybe I will for my patrons or something, because I'm gonna be in the kitchen the rest of the day. I'm going to be making soup, butternut squash, pumpkin soup. I'm going to be making cranberry sauce, which is really quite easy, although I use juice instead of water. You use a package of cranberries, a cup of water, a cup of sugar. I'm gonna be use orange juice instead because you know, it's just better. And someone else some doing the cranberries. I'm doing vegan green bean cast role, which is basically the same as you make it, just I don't make the I don't use the cream of mushroom soup from the store. I make it myself, and so I'm making green bean castrole. I'm making delicious mashed potatoes, which I'm going to bake the potatoes first and then scoop them out, mash them, air fry them on the outside so the outside is nice and crispy, really mash up the inside, put them back in the potato, and then cover them with cheese and serve those vegan of course everything. I did buy a turkey roll for Steve from this Chishi farm, and I gotta tell you online people are saying, should you always have vegan options at you're Thanksgiving? Yes you should if you have vegans that are coming. And I hate to say this to you vegans out there who are just opposed to meat and meat products. If you have people coming to your house for Thanksgiving they are not vegan, do them the courtesy of having at least turkey. All the other sides can be vegan, but at least well except the mac and cheese, according to Steve, because it's just not the same. It is too the same. But anyway, so I bought him this turkey roll thirty nine dollars, fed it nine dollars, and I, well, you know what I have to tell you the truth. There's no lie here. I put the turkey roll in yesterday. I ate it edible before going shopping. It hit while I was shopping, so I was high and the line to get checked out at Sprouts was huge. So I went to self checkout and Amber was in the cart and she okay, So Ember is racist. Amber barks at black people and only black people. Shouldn't bark at anybody else, just black people, because in Long Beach we were attacked by black people twice, by two indigent men who happened to be black. So Ember doesn't like black people except for thea. She's racist. I've tried to train her out of it, but I can't. She sees a black person approaching us, she barks. So she was barking because the guy that watches the self serve was black, and she's barking at him. And I'm checking out and I'm trying to, you know, get everything into my bag. Says you got to bring your own bags at Sprouts, which is fine, you know. So I'm doing all this and I get out to the car and I load everything up and the the turkey roll that was in this box, uh was had been under was under another bag that I hadn't used, and I didn't I didn't scan it, and I noticed this when I got home. I didn't scan it. I looked at the at the receipt, so I called Sprouts back. I did. I called Sprouts. I said, look, I didn't scan this. It's an expensive item. Should I come back in to pay or can you take it over the phone. They laughed at me. I'm not making this up, they laughed at me. I said, you have to remember me. I was just in there with the dog. I'm a regular customer. They said, let me get this right. You want to come back in to pay for an item you didn't scan. I said yes. They said, well you're welcome to do. So They're like, sir, considered a happy Thanksgiving gift from Sprouts. I'm like, well, you're not corporate, don't you can't you know? And they're like, you know what, just catch us the next time you're in. And I said for sure, and they said, yeah, the next time you come in, let us know, and then you know, we'll take care of it. So I had to go back yesterday afternoon. Well, they didn't have any more of the of the roast to scan. I didn't bring mine back. I figured we'd just get one off the shelf and scan it. And they didn't have anymore. They were gone. I took the last one, I guess, and they were like, sir, we have nothing to scan. You're you get the roast free. Don't worry about it. I feel terrible, but they told me, you know, not to worry. So okay, okay, I'm not gonna worry. All right, So the box office movies and Thanksgiving go hand and hand and hand. We're gonna talk about Wicked when I come back. But also, Neon has sent this box of screeners. I love the Neon box. I get it every year. It's so fabulous. It's always themed. And at the back was this movie called twenty seventy three and we it's by Asif Kappa Diya. We have got to talk about this movie. Scared the crap out of me. And it's not a horror movie. It's a science fiction but oh my god, Becky. Also, I am going to dispell a myth going around about Wicked, the movie with Ariana Grande and Cynthia Evio. So I'm gonna do spell O and Jeff Goldbloom and Jonathan Bailey, the gorgeous camn So I'm gonna just spell a rumor that you've heard about that as well, and talk more Thanksgiving on this Thanksgiving edition up the Correll past right here and twenty seventy three. I gotta tell you about that. Oh my god, you're not if you watch this movie, don't watch it before thanks Tippy, don't do it, or around crys or anytime you want to be happy. We'll talk about why when I recharch. Don't forget. I want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corell channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Corell that's k e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really coreill dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, so a couple of things. First of all, Ray Renati has COVID. He's an avid listener for years. Sorry, Ray, that's sad. James Schnobel Jamesnabel, James, I don't know how to say your last name, Snabel Schnabel. Uh, he's having honey glazed carrots I'm making. I'm not using carrots. There's been too many recalls this year. There has been over two hundred food recalls because our food system is poisoned. I'm not using carrots. I'm going to do yams, maple glazed yams with walnuts and dried cranberries. So I'm doing that. Uh, and then the potatoes, the green bean cast role, the turkey roll for me, the fake turkey. They wanted thirty five dollars for a take a fake turkey roll. I'm all hell to the no, So I'll be making one. And then what out So for dessert, pecan pie made with maple syrup and pecans and all of that. Maybe a pumpkin pie made with pumpkin cream, cheese, at silk and tofu so that I got to get a crust for that. I still have some last minute storage shopping to do. I forgot white wine. I don't drink, and I need white wine for the stuffing. The stuffing's gonna have pears, apples, walnuts, dried cranberry, sour dough bread, corn bread. Oh yeah, I love to cook. As I told you, I love it and I love that there's so many of you in the chat room at YouTube dot comforward slash really Correl. That's YouTube dot com Forward slash really Correl. So many of you that I know and lover in there. From Brian Ka and Mohammed's in there. Mohammed Sebir, he does our graphics for the show. If you see Mohammed Sabir, say hi to him. He does our graphics. If you ever need YouTube graphics or YouTube SEO, I got your guy. He's affordable, he's in Bangladesh. He's nice, and he does a great job. He's the one doing all of my thumbnails and all of the SEO and all the hashtags. So hello Severe, missing Randy Rainbow? Where are you? Randy Rainbow? We'll have to check up on you. And Rachel Kapper, where are you? But a lot of the chatters are in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward slash really Carrell, And don't forget to subscribe. The subscription is at patreon dot com. Really Correll. We are number eighty nine in Canada today. Hello Canada. As you know, my grandparents on my mother's side are Canadian, and then my great grandparents on both sides are Canadian. Four generations back and then they both go back to France and the Quebec side of Canada is where I'm from. All right, So Wicked is at the box office hundred and fifty million dollars on part to be a two hundred million dollar four day weekend for it. It's great, you know, it's the play basically, but very cinematic if you like the play. Now see, I am not a Wizard of ozgay. There are different kinds of gays, okay, and I'm not. I used to live with Burt Critchfield, a total Wizard of Oz and Wicked gay. I mean he's probably gone to the theater five times and had orgasms. I know gays my age that are just so into the Wizard of Oz they you know. I mean we've watched it every year on the TV. But after that, I haven't really seen The Wizard of Oz in decades. I'm not one of those gays. I'm not a Disney gay. Oh god, the Disney gays creep me out. And my best friend David Ethige and his husband Toby or Disney gaze. But they just go to the park a lot and they go on Disney cruises. And I say, God bless them. They love it. It gives them joy, and I love how much joy it gives them. I do. I really love how much joy Disney gives them. It creeps me out. Grown men going to see people in costumes creep me out. But Marvel creeps me out. Comic cons creep me out. Cosplay creeps me out. It's like, honey, you're just in drag. Just call yourself a drag queen. Mickey Mouse is a drag queen. He is. That's a man in a costume pretending to be something that he's not. He's in drag. Okay, So anyway, so I'm not I'm not the Wicked gay. I'm not the one that's gonna dress up like Alphaba or Glinda or whoever. I don't you know. I saw the play once. It didn't change my life. I like a Diena Menzel and Kristin Chenow. I also like Arianna and Cynthia viiro again, don't have all their albums not, you know. I'm just not that person. I saw Wicked because I'm a Broadway gay. I am a theater going gay. I love plays and concerts and that's why I saw Wicked. It was a huge play with I saw it with Idina Menzel and Christian Chennow with which they were fabulous, and I have no need to really see it again, but I will. But there's a rumor going around that Cynthia Everio was paid one fifteenth what Ariana Grande was. The rumor is Ariana Grande got fifteen million, Cynthia got a million. That's a lie. That's a lie the movie studio, and that's see, this is the danger of social media. The movie studio today released a statement saying the actresses were paid exactly the same, that there was no disparity in their pay. They both got the same amount of money, and I guarantee you it wasn't that much because they're they're untried movie stars. You know, Barbara Dreysand was paid two hundred thousand dollars for Funny Girl. That's it, and she didn't get anything on the back end. Now I find out that her and Ray Stark hated each other, the producer and director of Funny Girl or the producer anyway, so wicked. The salaries are the same, So don't be hating on Ariana or on Cynthia. They're they're they're the same salaries. It's a great movie. Steve saw it. He's and he's not a big fan of musicals or whatever. He said. It's just spectacular. I know over this forty weekend and you might have time go see it. It's gonna be a lot of fun. It's a two parter. I know that when the other is released, there's gonna be theaters that'll play part one and then part two. I'm kind of up for that, I don't you know. I hate when you see a movie like The Mission Impossible and then it's like to be concluded. It's like, ahh, I'm here now, bitches. But anyway, so I'm not the Wizard of Oz gay I'm a theater day but Wicked. You should see Ariana Grand Cynthia Evirio. It's a fabulous musical, and thank god they're still making musicals. This is the first one for a while. There's another movie you should see, but keep all sharp objects away from you and don't watch it when you're high up or anything. I don't want you to kill yourself. It's from Neon Pictures and it's called twenty seventy three and it stars Samantha Morton from Minority report and Assi if Kappadilla directed it, he won an oscar. I think it's a heat, I think, asked if it's a heat, I don't know. It's set in twenty seven three, but you're only in twenty seventy three for about fifteen minutes of the movie. The rest of the movie is how did we get to this post apocalyptic world? And they use real news stories and real news footage from around the world in montages to talk about This movie is not so much a science fiction film as it is a documentary made in twenty seventy three. It's a film that if a documentarian was alive in twenty seventy three would make. And let me tell you how do we get there? AI? Billionaires? Those are the first two things AI and billionaires and social media. And they use all real stories, they don't use stand ins. You see Elon Musk, you see Trump, you see Jeff Bezos, you see all these people, and they put it together and show you how these billionaires, AI and social media are completely ruining our society and leading us to a path where only the wealthy will survive it and the poor will end up living like this girl underground, fighting for food scrounging and being taken into custody if you dare question the authority. They also take media to task, So media, AI, billionaires, and social media, according to the movie twenty seventy three from Neon Pictures, are going to destroy us. And when I watched it, it's so real, it's done so well that you really it makes you think we need to go and wipe out all the billionaires, take all their money. We need to unplug AI, we need to stop social media bullet plus. But we watch, we wont. So this is a profound Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell Cast, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, And please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at patreon dot com. Forward slash Correll, thanks for almost thirty years of support the the Loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. You know the Wizard of Oz and Wicked? You know, twenty seventy three, you must be. It's very profound, but so is the Wizard of Oz and Wicked if you think about our times h if you know, for those of you that haven't seen Wicked, it's sort of a prequel to the Wizard of Oz. It tells you the story of Glinda the Good Witch. Is she really good? And then the Alphaba the Bad Witch? Or is she really bad? And the answer to that is no, she's not really bad. H. So you the themes in it. There's there's racism. Of course, yes, she's green, but she's different, a different color, and so she's treated differently, she's vilified. There's different expectations of her. She's not seen as talented, as gracious, and the white girl has to help her out. There's the man behind the curtain, the all powerful Oz. If that isn't Donald Trump, I don't know what is all bluster, all everything, but lacking any real talent, any real power, any real real skills, putting on smoke and mirrors to convince people that he's powerful, and they buy it. They never question Oz at any point. The people that live in the land of Oz could question Oz. And what happens if you do? Who's the person that questions Oz? The bad witch? So you're evil if you try to question Oz, you're evil if you expose the truth about Oz. These themes play right into what we're living today with Donald Trump and MAGA and race relations. You know, I'm still very angry that Walmart, you know, pulled their DEI I'm not surprised. The Waltons are a conservative family from the South. I will be shopping at Costco and Target now and Walmart can bite my ass. But you know they're not going to miss me. I mean they're not, They're not you know, they're not going to miss me. And I'll just feel better about it. It's getting hard to support any companies that support me. DEI is being pulled everywhere and again diversity, equity, inclusion. Those themes are in the movie Wicked. Those themes are in The Wizard of Oz. Frank Olbaum when he wrote The Wizard of Oz, I think in the what forties, thirties, twenties, I don't even know when. It's completely different book, by the way, than the movie, or than Wicked if you read the book. But all of these themes were at play in his world, and now they've been brought to the screen again, this time as a musical. But those themes are still there. Who is really good? Who is really evil? Could we have good if we didn't have evil? Do you have to have a quote evil opponent in order to have quote a good, shining beacon of virtue? Yes, that's politics right there. They no longer do the politics of what's best for you and I. They do the politics of who's evil versus who's good. It's right out of Wicked, and so popular movies can have recurring themes that actually play in modern day society, and Wicked plays right into today. Trump is Oz, and he's even put doctor Oz in charge of something. But he is Oz. He's the guy. You know, he's the emperor wearing no clothes. He's the guy behind the curtain, acting like he's all powerful, and really he's just a guy in diapers. You know, he's Oz. And we liberals are actually Alphaba, We're not Glinda. In the story of Wicked Democrats, would be Alphaba, the questioning one, the one scene is evil, the one that you know doesn't agree with the norm, doesn't want to go along with the indoctrination questions authority. So very interesting themes, uh and I highly recommend you go see it. Why not? It's fun, it's a musical. Go, you know, enjoy. That's what I want you to do. I miss them. Where are you giry? I hear you over the next four days. I want you to enjoy. I want you to go to the movies and don't see overtly political films. Don't go see The Apprentice. I just watched the screener. That movie should have gotten a lot more play because it really shows how evil Trump and his mentors truly are. It's called The Apprentice. It's got Sebastian Stan. You should watch it. It's really good. It's streaming now, and it really shows how Trump was molded to be the asshole that he is, because just like Oz, he is pliable. Donald Trump is pliable. He can be made into whatever they want to make him into. Somebody is still pulling his strings. He's not the puppeteer. Donald Trump is the puppet. He's not the puppeteer. And that movie The Apprentice fully shows that, Oh, he's ambitious and all of that, but there is always someone pulling his strings. He is really Glinda. He wants to be popular. You've got to be popula, you know, that's him. He's certainly not alphabet with those notes. No, they're saying hoech uh. So yeah, you know, have fun over the next four days. Try to have a good Thanksgiving. Put up with your relatives. Don't kill them. If they voted for Trump, don't slap them. I wouldn't invite them. But if you find yourself at the table with voters who voted for Trump, just xnaion the political talking. I mean, it's like trying to teach math to a pig. It's gonna frustrate the human and piss off the pig. So just don't just skip it. Just say, oh, this dressing is delicious. Don't tell them that next year you won't be able to afford dinner because of Trump tarfs and gonna make everything go up thirty per They're never gonna learn. Okay, these people are turned. You know, about forty nine point eight percent of voters have terminal stupiditous, terminitis stupiditous. They have stupid They're terminally stupid terminitis stupiditous. That's maga, all right, I am Corel. I want you to be who you want to be. Something hurt anybuddy. I want you to come back on Monday refreshed. I want you ready to talk and to have fun and to be in the kitchen or be out in the world or do whatever we get into. And I want you to do it with more of a positive attitude. I'm gonna try. I am. I've been so depressed of late. Oh my god, I've been like e Or. I have literally been day to day living like ere. You know when they ask you and they used to let you or just be depressed. No one tried to fix them. They didn't tell them to go on andy depressives or anything like that. E Or was just depressed that that was ere. I have become ere since the election? Oh bother home, are y'all feeling a little ere since the election? Like very like EO with me? Because I mean, they still included him. They took him places, they did stuff with him. They didn't ostracize him, but he was a real downer, but they tried to cheer him up. I've been very e or Oh yeah, why bother who cares well? Like I said about Thanksgiving and Christmas and Trump and Magan not taking it from me, Let's not let them take what little light we have left. We're gonna need it in the new year. We still may have to leave our country, you know, we might. Food may be too expensive, you may not be able to eat. You literally might have to go to Mexico to buy food. So, you know, let's not let them take the holidays. Let's have the holidays for ourselves. He can have January and then next year the doom and gloom will will happen. But November December, let's take those in our name, all right. Don't forget to leave your comment down below. Are you a rid it of ob day or not? The sery question of the day, And don't forget twenty seventy three on me on Profound Film. Try to find it and I'll see you on Monday. I'd love you so much. Hay, friends and everyone else. Thank you. I'm so thankful for you. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my somewhat extended day order and heart.
Speaker 3: Thanks bloodcasting from a completely different point of view, yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the.
Speaker 3: Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service.