Speaker 1: I'm going out.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. John kat Matititi's good morning, Boss, How are you?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning. The sun is shining and it's a terrible day to leave to him.
Speaker 2: I know it was gorgeous in Westampton last night. I'm sure it's even pretty where you were. The good news is you'll be back this weekend. That's the good news. But everybody was talking about your last night. I mean Mark Schneier. I know he's your rabbi and your six percent Jewish. He really loves you, John.
Speaker 1: Well, his dad was. He is one of my best friends for thirty thirty five years. I've been on his board for thirty thirty five years. I now worked. You know Rabbi Schneier, he's ninety six years old and his mind is one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 2: He's at the park Park East Synagogue.
Speaker 1: He's still there, yes, and his daughter is helping him run that operation now. And I know she's going down to Washington to talk about with the deputy. She has a meeting and the Deputy Attorney General based on hate crime on the twenty seventh and twenty eighth, who wants me to be with her. I'm gonna try. We'll see. And Mark Schneier does a great job in Long Island and the worldwide. He both for them, both daughter and son. Mark Schneier and his daughter, they learned very well from their father and they're doing great jobs.
Speaker 2: They really are. So I've you know, John, I'm not just finally with Bruce Blakeman. He's not just on the show, not justin dorsing Home. I'm taking a very active role in his campaign. We talk every day, a couple of times a day. My son Gabriel. As you know, John works for Blakeman in his office as an intern, and I really want him to win. So I know you had Kathy Hunkle speak at those great breakfasts you got but on I saw the videos look like a huge event. Julie Mennon was there and many many other public officials at this big breakfast on Saturday morning. How did it go with the current governor?
Speaker 1: Well, she is the governor, and not only usually we have the entire back part of the restaurant for about eighty to one hundred people, we had both sides of the restaurant this time, and she had to speak from the middle of the restaurant. Look, and I had warned everybody that was coming the week before, Look, she is the governor. No matter where you like her, you don't like her. You got to be civilized. And we had a lot of important people there.
Speaker 2: We had.
Speaker 1: People flew up from Palm Beach. The bishop from Palm Beach came up to give a prayer.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the Julie men and Mosere, like you said, now the only time in our little nervous Yeah, I mean the Lieutenant governor Betsy McCoy. You remember what she did to Governor Protacky when when when Governor Patacy was giving his inaugural speech or whatever, she stood up next to him. Yep, Well, five minutes into Governor hoko speech, Well, Betsy lookaway gets up and stands four feet away, four feet away from the governor. I started. I started looking at the at the Governor's husband and the tough to Green and uh and Todd Shapiro, and I said, what are we getting ourselves into? Now? I must say everybody was civilized and Betsy McCoy was civilized. McCoy is all about I argue, argue with everybody. I disagreed different policies, but be civilized to each other.
Speaker 2: I think Betsy McCoy's wanning for governor in Connecticut anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, No, she had to pull out, so she there's a technicality in she pulled out because of a technicality in god connecticutte but looks she's a smart lady and but she did the right thing and was very civilized.
Speaker 2: Did Governor Hunkle walk up to you and say, please send my regards to your morning show host?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I enjoyed this morning. I knew that was the answer. What I enjoyed this morning was I know you're still close with the former Vice president Mike Pence, and I played a cut earlier today something I've been saying, you know it, John, for a long time. There is no such thing anymore as a common sense democrat. It's a unicorn. It's a cute saying that don't exist. This one. His name is John Betterman. So I was really happy to see. I'm talking about people serving now, not retired people like Governor David Patterson. So it was nice to see Tom Cotton say that same exact thing with Mark Levin on Saturday Night and listening to Mike Pence with you. He kind of said the same thing. He said, Look, Republicans aren't perfect, They're not perfect, but the Democrats have completely lost their minds.
Speaker 1: They have completely lost their minds. And I am so much disappointed in major major people in the Democratic Party endorsing that lunatic in Michigan and that lunatic in Minnesota. That's gonna run. And I mean, all we want is common sense. And I think the only way that the Democratic Party is going to learn that is they lose forty nine states. Secord did in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: Remember that Reagan? Yeah, you're too younger, No I remember, no, No, no, I was, I was seventeen. It was Ronald Reagan, and I do remember it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll tell you that. But nobody's well, somebody got up yesterday. I don't know. I didn't read the story. I sort of headlined some common sense. Democrats put up fifteen million dollars to to fight the Democratic Socialist Committee, and the Democratic Socialist Committee is not that big. But guess what they know how to wage war?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great point, exactly what?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they know how to wage war, and they know how to go up to weak Democrats looked him in the eye and said, we're gonna take you down. Okay, you were you Remember what I did to that guy that tried to pick it my home?
Speaker 2: You were great, You were great.
Speaker 1: I took him, I grabbed his arm, I held on to it. I said, make sure they take make sure they take the photograph of us, because the fake your recognition equipment. We'll know in five minutes who the hell you really are.
Speaker 2: You were great that there. I were standing right next to you outside your home when you did that. But you're you're actually very good because you were stern in your point, but you're also very very friendly, and you cooled down that temperature. John to your credit, literally in five minutes. I was impressed. I thought I was gonna get a little hectic there, but you did an excellent job, which, by the way, brings me to this one of the things I enjoy most on the station. It's a new feature. I'm not patronizing you, I'm not blowing smoke your way. I really enjoy the Cat's Corner. I really enjoyed a lot. It's great stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, we've put it out and the entire the Salem Network is running it. Countrywide and we're running it. And you know what the cat's corner is saying in one minute or less, common sense, and that's where we were trying to put through common sense in one minute or less and it's important now. Sick. Whenever you're out in the Hamptons again, we always would love to have you speak at the the breakfast that we have Governor's Presidents Vice President Sie one time or another.
Speaker 2: I'd love to I'll be honored. I'm serious, I would love to do that. I'd be honored to speak at your event. You've got the biggest names in the country. Honestly, I appreciate that. I would love to do that. I will be back in the Hamptons again, maybe even this weekend, maybe even Friday, but I'll talk to you about that in the office later on. John, one more for you. We're only a cup. Thank you for that invite. I appreciate that. Only a couple of weeks away from nine to eleven, and you know, I've got a couple of really brave men coming up in about forty minutes. Both lost their wives murdered back on nine to eleven. And we have this incredible galop every year that ABC puts on it's the highlight of the year. It's always beautiful Chipriani's and this year it just so happens it falls on that exact night. I know we're gonna honor Governor Pataki, but tell all the folks out there what it's going to be like nine to eleven with us at the Galla coming up that Friday night.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna have the most spectacular gala of the last five years. Over all the people that came the last five years, this gala is going to be even more spectacular. We're celebrating the five years. We're celebrating the leadership of Governor Pataki at that period of time that he helped bring New York back and rebuild all those buildings that are there now. And he had the courage to make sure he put up the state's money to have the World Trade Center rebuilt again. And we're honoring Cardinal Dolan for the last was it sixteen or eighteen years providing moral leadership to our city and our state, and he became a national figure. And religious politics is religious politics, you know, you know, he still has the title of Cardinals even though he's not in the seat of power, but people love him and uh and and don't forget it is nine to eleven. We have a very many VIPs going to be in New York that day. I am not allowed, for security reasons, to say who else may show up that day