Speaker 1: Sydney Page my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her at Sydney Page links all of our social media in the episode description below. Please make sure, at the bare minimum you follow these folks on social media, bump those numbers up, and then when payday rolls around, hey, you know where to go. Links everything in the episode description Sidney, it is a pleasure to have you on tonight. Thank you so much for having me. Let me ask you what might seem like a dumb question, but the breadth or whatever that word is of your career. What do you consider your job title to be?
Speaker 2: I am a defrocked physical excitement engineer.
Speaker 1: Okay, I read that on your Twitter. I enjoyed that. What exactly does that mean?
Speaker 2: That means that I take my clothes off and do stuff that you like?
Speaker 1: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: I mean, or I'm your naked therapist.
Speaker 1: Either way, that's a nice one too. I like on what kind of day we were happened? Man? Again, I interviewed someone earlier and we were talking about her only fans, and she said, one time I was bringing in groceries and I just did it topless and I put it on my only fans and everyone was like, oh, you should do more of that. So many girls in this industry I feel like, could just do like day in and day out stuff and as long as you pop them titties out, guys will be like, yeah, I'll pay for that. Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of my like my third top selling video of all time since twenty sixteen is me washing my hair.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, these beautiful hair. I'll give you that. I would play it was it.
Speaker 2: Was platinum back then it was blonde. But yeah, okay, just me washing my hair talk through video of all time.
Speaker 1: It's it's you know, it's so strange what people will like and what they don't, And as long as it's not destructive, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't have a shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're not hurting yourself or anyone else, turn the camera on. Let's go.
Speaker 1: There you go. So let me ask you. Let's say the boring stuff and cleared out of the way, not boring necessarily, But how did you initially decide to get into the adult entertainment industry? What was the crossover from quote unquote vanilla normal life too, let's do something different.
Speaker 2: So on April seventeenth, Wow. Two thousand and seven, I decided that I was tired of going to high school and college at the same time and working two jobs. So I've got I found an ad in the newspaper and started it like this really shitty strip club and then yeah, and then they were like what are you doing at this strip club? And then I went to the nicer strip club and it all just kind of my whore bingo card is filled out.
Speaker 1: I've done it all. It's so funny. Even the club recognized, like, sen here too too good for this place, So what are you doing? So how did the girls that the managers went to them and go, you're just in the right place. How did they feel to that? Like did they try and make the jump or no?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Just like people just kept asking me, why aren't you at this? You know, and it's okay in the city there's not you know, big clubs, but they're just like, why are you not at this one? Like, oh, well, yess, I'll go stop by.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you were dancing, do you remember your most successful night and is there any interesting story behind it? Like a big german bachelor party comes in something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I danced for eight years, and I did travel dancing, so I have quite a few. I have one that's real fun. I worked at Scores in Baltimore. Okay, and the night that Michael Phelps got his GUI, guess where he was.
Speaker 1: Scores in Baltimore. I would assume he yah, yeah, he was up there. That's so yeah. That okay, all right, that's a good one. That's a good one. Now was he paying for lamp dances or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I usually don't like when femalest people don't come into the club. I'm not saying all of them, but like when they do, they don't really like it's an experience thing and they kind of want stuff for free. So like all the girls like will flock to them. So I'll go hang out with the other people that are getting ignored.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Go yeah, yeah, I have I have a fan question for you here, and I hope you'll take it as the joke. It is instride. It's from Brandon Brown. Hi, I want to become a porn star and trying to figure out how to get into the porn industry. How many fucking emails do you get every day? No one today.
Speaker 2: I got one today and I told him I would ant I would give him the step by step for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well that ruins my bit I was gonna. I was hoping you would go, I hated, and then I would go, let's just make the definitive guide right here. Let me tell you from the outside perspective what I would say. I would say, Start building your social media profile. Okay, learn correct grammar in your emails, and how to reach out to people, how to do it, how to take a photo photos of yourself, you know the ones you see and like casting stuff side by side this here's and not just what do you think of my dick? Can I do porn? Thank you? Okay, So set up your profile, establish yourself in the world. Yeah, and then maybe find other newer content creators, work with them, try and work with them, present yourself PROFI.
Speaker 2: Don't be picky, because I know some people who have gotten like started kind of like that and have gotten bigger. But at the beginning, you're not gonna screw like Sophia Locke. You just like showed up. Sure, that's not gonna happen. Like, so it's just whoever's around you and body types and like you know, skin color, like whatever it is. You got to get that video out.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you, is that that same piece of advice? Okay, and this may be totally going to be different, but does that somewhat also apply to females coming into the industry in this sense if they're trying to be independent. I interview a lot of newer girls on my show as well, Like I have a split show and a lot of them. You could you can tell the ones that are gonna make it, and then you could tell the ones who want to make some money in this, want to do whatever. But it's everything by my own way, which I respect, right, I get that, But you've got to be malleable.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there are hard boundaries that you should not cross. I've walked off set just been like nope. But like sometimes you got to be like, okay, as long as it's not harmful. It's just like somebody wasn't really planning on doing today.
Speaker 1: Sure, not exactly, not destructive, not harmful, not someone untested something like that, but like, I don't know, this guy has kind of a gross hair lip, but his dick looks fine. It might have to do it today, right, Okay, all right, this is was was anyone a mentor to you when you got into this industry or did you know have you gained any mentors as you've been in it?
Speaker 2: No? Actually, and since I started stripping, then camming and fetish than porn. So what I do now is I mentor?
Speaker 1: That was what I was going to ask. Are you mentored because you're now knowledgeable on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've got a whole, you know, gaggle of models. I just recently helped a bunch of models to get like their pictures for a BM to have signed, hooking them up with photographers, helping them design business cards, this and that. There's one girl where you know, she's twenty four to twenty five, but like the biggest thing is either young or milf, and she looks young. So I was like really kind of lean into that. But like it's like walking through a field and you know where the land mines are, Just tell them it's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's so weird. There's a weird dichotomy. Because I hear strip clubs the back room is very competitive, very a little bit cutthroat. It can be. I guess it depends on the club. I've heard a lot of horror stories of girls who used to strip and say, you know that's my client over there, don't go near them. This and that. Yeah, that does happen. But I also have heard that there are mentors kind of in the strip game. A girl teach you how to do this, show you how to do this. Yet when you go on Twitter and you look at porn star Twitter, everything's so nice. It doesn't seem as competitive until like someone gets canceled or something like that. Then that's just that's just the front room. See, and maybe that's it, that's the front room, but it doesn't a lot of interviews I do a lot of people say no, I didn't really have a mentor. I didn't have someone that show me how to do this.
Speaker 2: Now so I and I realize that, and now that I've got, you know, all of the information, like there's nothing you can do in sex work, but I haven't done or been adjacent to, so I just try to help out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, do you have anyone under your wing currently that you can see and recognize like like, yes, she'll make it in this industry, But is there anyone you look at and go and I'm not asking you to name them necessarily, but superstar status. I see superstar status in this person.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say superstar yet that she's going to do real well, okay. And she's one of the girls I helped design, you know, the like her pictures to sign it ab in and I was telling her like that, this is the kind of paper it needs to be on, and this and that, and she sent me a bunch of photos and I was like, it's going to be this one making eye contact like it's the whole thing. And there's another one who I absolutely adore. And she's going to be really, really great in for right now the fetish and amateur scene. She's going to blow it up in like the next year and we'll see where she goes from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I will ask that name off camera because you never know, she might quit tomorrow and then we all look foolish. Who knows when you came into the porn industry, did you have, like you said, your personal boundaries and your boundaries, did you have things that were set and did anything eventually lessen and you know you're like, I'll try that now, maybe you enjoy wait whatever, it was.
Speaker 2: Well starting stripping. I started stripping in a glhom city and you cannot touch like you sit on your hands. So like that was a big one to get used to because I started after I turned twenty one because of the laws. I started dancing in Dallas, and I was like, oh my god, he has his hands on her hips. That's crazy. It's just kind of like the new normal, and like am I okay with that? Like like it's fine if he puts his hands there, like whatever, sure, and stuff like that, And it's always just kind of been like okay because when I by the time I finally got to porn after like fetish and camming and stuff, was just sure, there's only one thing that's happened on a porn set where like instead of saying cut, I just looked at him and said dude, because he just like he spit in my face. Like was that planned it all? Was it a rough shoot?
Speaker 1: No? Okay?
Speaker 2: Because like you know, we go through the dews and don'ts with each other and like get to know each other and get to know it, you know, we're comfortable with and now like I used to say, like, oh, I'm fine with everything that I'm being paid for, which means like no anal unless that's on the on the ticket.
Speaker 3: Bit.
Speaker 2: Now I have to say, please don't spit in my face.
Speaker 1: Hey, sir, I really appreciate it if during our work day today you could just not spit in my face. And it was a oh man, look there's something hot about you know, if two girls or if the girl's really into it, a nice watery spit. I don't mind seeing.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, because I've had to explain that to you and they're like, okay, so no spit, and I'm like, I'm not saying that, like you can just but it was like and it was also a shoot house in Miami, and you know you have to turn the air condisctors off like because.
Speaker 1: Of the buzz. So it was hot.
Speaker 2: Everyone was sweating and he just but like I just looked at him and was like, dude, I feel like the like director was just like.
Speaker 1: Nope, I spent the morning drinking coffee and orange juice where it really just builds up. That is so horrendous. Look again, you know what's sex?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: You know plug flint mints amazing what if flint Miants do. So there are these Mints. It's this company that came out and they make you salivate.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So like a lot of like porn people use them. When I see something interesting like that on Instagram, i'd'll like DM them and be like, hey, like if you send me some of your stuff, I'll try it out, you know, like just disperse it.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: So Flintmants sent me like a huge box of these things and they have different strengths and like I'm on, you know, antidepressants, so my mouth is dry, so like during the scenes, I'm always like chewing on them.
Speaker 1: Do you have you always? Okay? Was it something before stripping or was it stripping? What got That's brilliant business sense right there? Personally, you know, I do that sometimes when I do it the new with the interviews with the new girls, I'll say, now is the time to mention people you'd like to work with if you want to do that, okay, because you never knew who's going to see it, who's going to do whatever. Did you always have have that business sense a little bit? Or did stripping and then camming kind of teach you what goes into that. Uh both, Okay.
Speaker 2: Like I've always been pretty business minded about it because this is a job and that's why I took it because it was a job. But kind of realizing what doors are open and what doors are shut based on you know, what I'm doing, my follower account, what my branding is, et cetera.
Speaker 1: What do you think your branding is right now?
Speaker 2: Usually I'm on break right now, so I have some blue, but usually you know, I do the very all American look.
Speaker 1: Okay, blonde.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been on my Twitter.
Speaker 1: I trust me. I've been everywhere that you've been I've seen. Yes, that's a creepy statement to make, but I'll say it anyway.
Speaker 2: You have no idea. So I'm to the point now where I get recognized in public. Okay, usually at airports. But I was sitting at this tea bar once starting with someone and U said something about my cat and he was like, oh, yeah, how is Cookie doing? And I was like, oh, you can see on his face like she never told me Harcout's name.
Speaker 1: That is how a thriller movie starts, by the way, and then by chance, oh you're both in the same aisle, isn't that weird. Yeah, what do you wish you had more knowledge of before getting into actually shooting porn? Like again, we talked about your business sense was good and it developed over time. But is there something if you could go back to the beginning of shooting content where you go, listen, Sydney, this is what you're gonna want to do five years from now, three years from now, whatever it is to either to boost your business better to I don't know, expand your horizons, to narrow your horizons. Is there anything you would go back and tell yourself when you first started shooting? You know there is, but.
Speaker 2: I still wouldn't have done it. It's social media. I hate social media. I don't have any personal social media Like I've had a like agencies and uh like stuff like that says, just why aren't your numbers where they need to be? Is because I don't want to fucking tell the whole world that I had an egg and a piece of Avocadi for breakfast, Like what the fuck? And yet no one cares? But then they're like, everyone cares.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that there are a group of people who give a shit what you had for breakfast, right, and if you post it topless, they'll sign up for it. Okay, yeah. Uh. Do you wish you had any skills that you had developed before coming into this? Not so much knowledge, but is there something again, not that you would go back and tell yourself, but do you go, man, I wish in my first year of shooting content, I may have been better at this h stepping out bullshit and price negotiation, pricing and good I never ask price. I never ask any of that stuff because I think, and this is no disrespect to you. I think if the audience heard how little you get paid, they'd be the first scenes you'd be. They'd be so depressed, like yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it when they're like I jerked off to you all day and then I'm like, oh, you should grab something off my wishless then like to say thank you and they're like, oh, but I watched your content all day, Like okay.
Speaker 1: I think the outside perception is Sydney shows up for her shoot. It's an hour long scene, so it takes an hour and fifteen minutes. She gets paid between twenty and thirty thousand dollars as she leaves, and then never touches her phone the rest of the night. Did you know getting into this. Okay, so again you had stripped and you had done this and that, did you know getting into this industry? It would be as little to do with you having sex with people on camera as it actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, actually Okay, most of my job is back end. Yeah, like all have worked all day that haven't said a word on social media, Like it's there's so much back end. And then I was lucky to be a camirl first, so hardware software, I got it, sure, but like I really want to hire someone. But like I did hire someone for like a week to do my only fans and I speak plainly, I guess you would say. And my clients caught on immediately and I had to fire them.
Speaker 1: You know what you gotta do it. I mean, I get it. What's up?
Speaker 2: They were like, hey, sexy, like you're not sitting here.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me see. I wrote down some other questions, but I really want to get into the stuff we were talking about. Let me say, are you tied in do you feel like you're tied into any specific mitch or your niche? Are you tied into a milf niche at this point to like the average viewer, and do you have any problem with that? Do you wish you could be seen as anything different? No, milf is fine.
Speaker 2: I started like actual porn when I was thirty two, so they were like, welcome to porn. You're everyone's mom, like I occasionally get to be hot wife or like that wasn't some sort of position of power like I'm a teacher or a doctor or something like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, last one that I have written, like, we'll go, But how do you ensure that your content aligns with your authentic This sounds so stupid. I write these out when I'm like smoking weed late at night, and I go make it sound very professional to do it. How do you ensure the content you create aligns with your authentic self rather than just market demands or fuck it, they're paying for it. Whatever the market needs. As long as it's within my boundaries, I'll put it out there. B Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Sydney Page is a character that I created, and she was created for you to like her.
Speaker 1: Very fair, but she.
Speaker 2: Like I know that there are other things I could do to make the character more likable, but I have to keep it kind of in my realm. Sure, otherwise I might go crazy. And I have seen people completely lose themselves to characters, even with like voice pitch and stuff, and it's weird to watch.
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh yeah that is. Yeah, it's a little strange from the outside. If you see I.
Speaker 2: Met I met one. She created her character, then she became her character. She's very well off now and like retired, so maybe I should have done that, But she.
Speaker 1: Did her voice as I can't did her voice change after she retired then, Like, if you see her now, she's like, hey, how you doing, Sydney, what's going on? No, she became the girl she created for life too. Yeah. I know you're a musician as well, right, yes, okay, is that the first love by far?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been playing music all my life. My aunt and uncles have a rock band. Like my whole family's musicians. And if you can't play an instrument, you can paint and right, like it's just a bunch of artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. My dad cut down trees before he died, and my mom worked for the state, So I didn't really get any of those good genes passed on.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't say they were good. We're artists, we're sad. Okay, that's fair. My wife is an artist. She's always quite sad. But you know what, so that is that your first love? Obviously? Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you ever or do you do you ever try and incorporate music into your content, either your only fans or anything else we.
Speaker 2: Have we've done, like some TikTok videos. I was at a shoot. One of the guys sat down and played the piano and it was eleanor Rigby. So I started singing elinor Rigby, and then the producer played guitar, and like it became like just this jam session all of a sudden. But I put it on TikTok. It's pretty cool, and my mouth is like full of doughnut or muffin or whatever.
Speaker 1: My wife and I own about six guitars. I can only play the solo from smells like teen Spirit, And that's about where it dies off. About the first thing you learn, yep, just about not so much the power chords with it. But you know, were you in a collection of bands throughout your life or was it a solo? I was in one band when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: I was in an industrial Bandwise, it's.
Speaker 1: Just been me hanging out make a noise. Did you ever play any live shows. We played one at a bowling alley. Very nice. Yeah, some big fat girl yelled at me and I said, shut up, bitch, and I got kicked back the stage.
Speaker 2: My aunt and nucles they have recorded songs and they play live and then I shoot their music videos because I've got, like, you know, all this technoledge now, and so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I liked.
Speaker 2: I really up to you behind the camera when it comes to music, Okay, Like I want to bring the art to your sound.
Speaker 1: Do you have any interest in being behind the camera in the other industry you're very quite successful in. Do you want to eventually grow into being a director like Fuller? I already do that, Like with the girls, I mentor. I also offer space. I've been a makeup artist, so I'll do their makeup. Brand send me like lingerie and stuff. So I give them that. They show me scripts. I tell them, you know, this is three fetishes in one. It could be three great videos instead of one long one. Just all this stuff. So I am behind the camera quite a bit. Okay, all right, let me dive into it. Some of the stuff you've been talking about recently online. I think it's so important not just because my family struggles with so much mental mental illness sounds rough? What do we say mental illness? Everyone's crazy in my house. Yeah, we're a bunch of crazies. Sure, I'm positive. My mother is OCD. My brother died of a drug addiction. My dad was a dry drunk who went to work on my birthday three years ago and was killed at work. My wife and I are both lexapro babies. You know she's on there, you go, She's on a much higher script than I am. But let me ask you, and please stop me when it's uncomfortable, because I am, like you said, I am.
Speaker 5: I'm a blunt speaker. Okay, fair enough. It needs to be talked about. That's why I talk about it so much. And you know, people get this that I'm not hosting titties, but it ain't.
Speaker 1: For you home. Let me ask you when did you when do you think the symptoms for whatever? Well? Can I ask you? Are you diagnosed with anything? Is it self diagnosed? No, I'm diagnosed.
Speaker 2: I have a complex trauma disorder and an ADHD and that comes along with panic attacks and depression and basically are good.
Speaker 1: My brain is broken? Sure? Sure? And yeah, I'm sure social media and online and everything else really helps with that as well. I know I throw my phone and I can't and I know I've spent the last ten years. I haven't been diagnosed with ADHD, but I can't read a page anymore without getting down to the bottom and going what the fuck did I read halfway up?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you get through a page in a book and you're like, wait.
Speaker 1: What did anyone say there? Yeah, let me go back, and then you never read it the right way again. So I just gave up on books. Truthfully, when did you When did you recognize you were having these problems that you have? And when do you think you actually started to develop them? Like I can think back to when I was eight years old and I knew I felt not normal in terms of sadness. Yeah, and then I wasn't. I didn't find out about it. You know what I may have had until fourteen fifteen sixteen? Do you did you always have this feeling behind you know what you have?
Speaker 2: I kind of did. But my whole family depression runs through all of us. And the saddest person I've ever met in my life is my mother. And unfortunately I got the silver model. So yeah, I've always kind of like known and I like to be by myself. But then around sixteen seventeen, I was like, something's like not right. That was the first time I had a conversation with a family member about like maybe I should be taking medication. And then they were like you need money for that, and I was like, good point. So I started taking medication when I was twenty three.
Speaker 1: But this is depression that I have.
Speaker 2: It is ever present, Like it's not something that comes and goes, like I tell people you need to give me an orgasm and a million dollars, but there's like this electric hum of just.
Speaker 1: I it's it's something just isn't sitting right. You look around and everything is sitting right, and there's something in your head saying there's not There's something that's not there.
Speaker 2: It's like I say, it's like walking parallel to reality, Like I see it, I see what's supposed to be happening here, and then like I'm not involved. But do I want to be involved? Should I get involved? Or should I just like stand over here like I'm just gonna do whatever mine is.
Speaker 1: Everything is firing on all cylinders. Shit's going great. My wife is telling me, this is so great, You're doing such a great thing, great job, and just something pops in where I go, and it's maybe this is trauma based, but something pops in there. Are you sure I'm not a piece of shit? I just I was again, and I was smoking a lot of weed the other day, and I start tearing up to her. I'm sorry to admit this to my audience. I know you guys think I'm a big, cool, tough guy. I'm not, and I never give that impression. I'm a bowl of jello. But I said, she's buying like the cool girl attitude. I'm just fucking sad. I'd go by angry and I hate everything, but in a funny way, like you know, we'll watch a trailer in my wife O good, that doesn't look bad. I go, oh, I fucking hate that. That looks terrible. But it's something in my back of my head that just goes you're wrong. No matter what question you ask yourself, you're wrong. You're wrong, You're wrong. Yes, is it right to do this shit? I feel happy about doing You're wrong. No, you're wrong, And it never goes away. It feels like right, yeah, present, So what had uh? One one other thing and I want to then I want to get into sorry. One other thing I'd like to say, and then I'd like to get into you. Uh. I heard a Rogan interview a few years ago, and you know, anyone's opinion on Joe Rogan whatever it is. But the guest was very interesting and he was talking that a lot of these mental conditions that people have may not actually be and this isn't to downplay it for you or for anyone else, may not actually be as chemically driven as they are trauma driven in our past. And I found so I know about this.
Speaker 2: What happens is parts of your brain and parts of the connections that are supposed to be made atrophy. So at that point medication doesn't help anymore. And that's where I'm at. I quit taking my antidepressants some month or so ago because I saw a doctor and he was basically like, because I just brought a list because I'm in a new place, like about to scare the show out of this dude. And he was like, okay, so I like it's going going on this long, it's ever present, Like these parts of your brain have atrophy. What we need to do is like regrow the connection. So now I'm doing ketamine imfusions.
Speaker 1: So that's so scary to the outside person hearing that. Sorry to me, I'm not thrilled about it either.
Speaker 2: Might get to go once a week and chill out and you know, put poison in my veins and be like, please be happy.
Speaker 1: So again me being just dumb outside. That's kenna means a horse tranquilizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an anesthetic.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so talk me through it. You're going once a week now if you're comfortable talking about it, and how long does it take?
Speaker 2: So the full course of treatment for severe life threatening treatment resistant depression is eight okay, and then after that, if that doesn't work, we're going to move on to TMS with it, which is like the electricity, And then if that doesn't work, we're going to move on to ECT, which is impatient where every couple of days they put you under and induce seizures to kind of just turn your brain off and back on again. And that's fucking terrifying, very like it's been twenty years, more than twenty years, Like, can make it stop?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: If it's too personal, don't answer, and actually I don't even need details if it's too personal at all. Do you know, like a the traumatic event that you think may have triggered some of this in your life?
Speaker 2: Oh, my childhood wasn't great, okay, and then you know the nature versus nurture thing, and you know the depression runs through my family. I never said a freaking chance.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, fair enough, So you already had the genes and then you went through a rough childhood as is. Yeah, yeah, I can you know, same thing with my wife, same thing with me. You can kind of identify. I can't identify one my probably can one exact moment. Yeah, I we won't talk about it here.
Speaker 2: Those moments were like I'm one hundred percent sure that this made it worse. Really yeah, Like there are there are there are four traumatic events that have happened in my adult life post eighteen life where I'm like, that fucked it up, that fucked it up really bad.
Speaker 1: What do you remember about? Not detailed? What do you remember I remember this of those events, I have them in my head too. When I was about well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything, I can smell it, I can hear it, I can see it, like my body goes full into it, I'll start panicking. But I'm just chilling on the couch.
Speaker 1: I don't know where I park at the grocery store most of the time, but I can recall those things.
Speaker 2: Like pull into the driveway and be like how did I get? But those on April seventeenth, two thousand and seven, I became.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So how do we Is there a way to not I don't want to say check this. Let me ask you. Is porn good or bad for things like this people? It really depends on the person, gotcha? Okay, So how do we assess that when it comes to newer people coming into the industry.
Speaker 2: First of all, if you have to do anything mind altering to be at your scene, you need to leave. If you ever have the I don't know if I want to do this, leave it's not worth it, Go home, right reevaluate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's just are we're talking boundaries thing? Or maybe ye or.
Speaker 2: Like you know, your agent's pushing you to do something, and you feel like there's a lot of like peer pressure from you know, people's impositions of power, especially with these young girls, and they don't really have the wherewithal to be like no, right, absolutely because they like, maybe it's right, maybe it's not, because they're still learning, they're still like becoming grown ups, so it's not you know, any faults of their own, but like if you have a second thought, listen to it.
Speaker 1: Sure, And that that's kind of why mentorship is so important, because so many of them don't know, don't know, like like we said early on, right, sometimes it's a shitty thing you got to do, but it's not outside of your boundaries normally this guy's ugly. You know, you book for the scene, do it.
Speaker 2: But then I get paired with young girls a lot because I'm mom and all. They'll like go boundaries and stuff with the director and everyone there, and then I'll pull them into the bathroom and be like, okay, like I will not affect your job in any way, but like, please tell me your real boundaries because I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna get real creepy, real fast.
Speaker 2: They teach them like the double tap thing, because there was one girl I had to be kind of aggressive with. They had to lift her up and put her on a counter, like sort of aggressive, and I was like, if at any time I'm doing anything that you're not liking, double tap me. And I will switch, gotcha, because they don't want to say no because they think it'll like fuck their shit up, because you know, I have to like poke and product them a little bit, like listen, like I don't care, we're going to get this scene done. You're gonna be comfortable, we're gonna get paid, We're gonna get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Have you had any pushback from any younger girls on that? No? No, okay, interesting, I don't know if sometimes they know more than you. You know how younger people are sometimes like you do this face? Oh okay, fair enough, you don't fuck with this face? No, I wouldn't. I'm terrified doing this interview right now. So have you gotten any I know, your own break right now, But have you gotten any pushback or anyone in the industry saying, hey, maybe don't discuss industry wise. I understand fans are look, sure you don't. I'm not worried about your electroshock therapy. But have you gotten any pushback from the industry, like, hey, Sydney, maybe dial it back just a little bit.
Speaker 2: So by the time I started speaking about mental health, it was not I've been speaking about it the whole time, but like my personal struggles and stuff. It was last year, and you know, I don't have an agency anymore because you know, one on one is letting a rapist be an agent and I'm not cool with that. I told I publicly told them to fuck often lose my number. But at that point I was speaking with another fetish model and I was like, I don't know how to like make this palatable, like what I need to say that I need to take time off? And she was just like, do you care about your job? Like do you care if you get like fired? And I was just like so she was like, well, say all the things you need to say, then like just do it, because like I like, if my entire career disappeared tomorrow, like I'll find something else to do.
Speaker 1: I grew up in poverty. We'll figure it out. Do you think, what do you think? You would try and say it goes away tomorrow, Mainstream call mister president. Mainstream calls you up tomorrow and goes we will never book another scene with you again, continue on as you please. Would it just be camming and only fans for a while? Would you go back to it?
Speaker 2: Was like that sounds like a personal challenge that sounds like I need to start an agency.
Speaker 1: And that's a good point. You mentioned an agency in there and issues. Again, I am not I'm not up to date on the behind the scenes of any of these things, so I'm going to keep everything general if possible, and say this. I know a couple of weeks ago a person, a performer was canceled somewhat quote unquote online Okay, oh yeah, I saw that if you were to have had a good experien sperience with a performer, and then it came out later that one person, not a plethora of people, but one person was like, no, this happened this. What is your personal opinion on that? Would you go to that person and say what happened? The male in that case or both, what what happened? There?
Speaker 2: Would be willing to run on like how close we are? But you know, people have different personalities, and I've seen male talent and producers and directors treat other women very differently than they treat me. And I'm not going to discount anyone else's personal experience. Like again, I have this space, so I don't get fucked with a lot, but I've like I've seen it, and I've been like that's that, Okay, don't do that right. So, like if he was a really good because I had one, he wasn't getting canceled. But there was some drama between like this director and another director, and I was like, I'm gonna hear them both out, like because I know both of you, and it just added up to be a bunch of like miscommunication, nonsense and you know, territorial bullshit and whatever.
Speaker 1: I saw. One woman was getting harassed because she was still selling a video that she had with one of these Yeah, and now again that that is like the first time I've seen back room of a strip club on porn Star Twitter where I'm like, oh, these people are going at each other.
Speaker 2: The only one that really bothered me is someone came out and she posted this whole thing about like I'm not gonna, you know, stand in line with you guys, Like I'm not gonna like insolidarity. Like it was a post that was like whoa yeah, where she basically said like I'm gonna do whatever I want to do and I'm not going to like stand with victims.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was just like, well, blot, oh my god, you know, I totally get that, and I feel that way too. I think that's terrible. But the entire comment section was like, girl, are you for real? And I get that. I think that's just a dumb business decision, Like the money's in the women, you're gonna want to say so if you had a great experience with a guy and someone else had a bad one. It's almost like, hey, I'm going to pretend like I wasn't on Twitter that day. Maybe if like, you know, if I have a gent but I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to come out and say something similar to that because people were talking about Robert from one to one and I said something and I was like and people were like, yeah, you know, stand with the victims, and I was like, I personally was not a victim. However, I do stand with you totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you know if I was. It's so tough because that one that we talked about recently was again in a positive way, not a negative way. A pileon in a good way, like Pioleon sounds like a bad thing the way I'm using it. Oh yeah, that sounds good. In foreign it's like everyone putting their hands up, going, yes, I've had an experience like that. As well. I've had it.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it takes someone saying you know this, and you know there's a lot of coercion, and then like you're like, wait a minute, oh my god, that did happen to me? And you know, like it takes someone saying something for other girls to kind of put two and two together about like something they felt uneasy about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they may have felt uneasy, and then someone else says they're not supposed to do that, and it clicks in your head and go, well, shit, they did that with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh my god, I'm a victim too, like we need to stand together and stand against But then you know, I'm I'm on the porn like WhatsApp like where all the girls talk. So I do also see where it can snowball into a dangerous place. Like if we could all keep a cool, level head and keep to facts, Yeah, that'd be great, Like put the pitch forks down, h let's have dialogue.
Speaker 1: I think people that should be out of the industry should be pushed and forced out of the industry. My only concern is I've had one bad interview with the porn so I've done one hundred and fifty of these. And I won't name the lady, but she's a she's a you know, older lady who's you know, worked in the two thousands, and the whole episode she just bitched me about younger girls don't want to fucking work. They all want to get paid, none of this, and that they'll or no maybe it was, they'll do things for free and this, and I get that, I get why that's a concern, but then don't sit there and bitch to me the whole time about it and at the end be like, and I can't figure out why I can't get work anymore. It's like, I think you might just have a bad attitude. So I start offering suggestions again unprompted. I should have shut my fucking mouth, but I start going, you know, have you ever considered maybe this because she's not I don't know social media and don't know this.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing with the like you know standing, you know, with the victims and stuff. That's it's also a good business model because I get oust all the time, like by directors and producers that are on friendly levels with like hey, who around here should I hire?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you should have it like this world's professional, like, I'm not gonna say the girl who was like I don't stand with victims, Like I'm not gonna not gonna recommend you for shit.
Speaker 1: No, but and I can't recall who was and I wouldn't name them anyway, but that one person who they were, like, this is my highest selling video and she wasn't like some shit read Yeah I know, I know, I yeah, I don't remember exactly who it was. But I think to myself, I go, man, that really fucking sucks. You either stand with your people and lose however much revenue and maybe that's rent this month.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a tough situation. No, no, okay, fair enough, But it's your highest selling video.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: It's also massively triggering and is going to take away opportunities in the future. You're going to lose money keeping that video up.
Speaker 1: Right, come out and be the good guy and say I'm deleting this video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take it off, Say you took it off. Say I wasn't personally a victim. But hearing all these stories, I don't think I want to be associated with this.
Speaker 1: Again. I think from the outside, my biggest concern would be imagine I go I stand with all these other people and I will delete my videos and whatever. And then it turns out like that guy, someone just had one bad interaction with him and he ends up getting supported.
Speaker 2: This is multiple They've been going on for a little bit. I'm surprised it took this long to blow up.
Speaker 1: Actually totally. That seemed like it was a case of that's a rough performer and maybe they didn't stay within boundaries. Was that kind of the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know, you can withdraw consent and that was the complaint of like two or three of the girls, is you know they withdrew consent and then the performer kept going.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't want to challenge that face of yours, but let me ask you how the business like in a nice way, because you're you know, how does the business work if you were halfway through filming a scene they've agreed to pay for I don't know what they even pay for, travel, hotel, anything like that, and you withdraw consent? What is the what is the business aspect of that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Again, everyone works differently, but what would you expect if I withdraw consent? I I'm probably uncomfortable enough and pissed off enough that I don't really care about the money, Like I'm out.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I get that there should be some at least travel and hotel should at least be covered. I don't know, it's generally like already been covered.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Like if you're already like out there and then you're in the hotel, you've already flown out there. But like I mean, get on Twitter, find someone else to work lists, I mean, just talk to people.
Speaker 1: Does this answer my question I was gonna ask? Has porn benefited or been negative for your your mental health? Mental health? Don't say mental illness, mental health beneficial? Is that why you're taking a break? Do you need to see if this is a negative for you, you know, on the whole.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm taking the break because ketemine infusions are rough, and I'm really focusing on self care. I'm really focusing on my physical health. Has nothing to do with work. I mean, I'm still I picked up a show the other day because someone wanted to show Like I'm still kind of doing stuff, but like my main focus right now needs to be myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, And are you gonna go down that full path we discussed earlier with checking in electrocuting your head to seizure all those pleasant things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if what I'm doing doesn't work, and try something else. And if that doesn't work, we're trying something else.
Speaker 1: Because honestly, what's the difference If you're not comfortable sitting around talking being yourself? Who fucking cares what job you have, what anything else? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Like being as sex workers allowed me to afford these things, So like it's been great. There are definitely days where I'm like, this is negative my mental health for sure, But then like I wouldn't be able to I wouldn't have been able to afford antidepressants, wouldn't have andon with Pineapple, Like I helped Lay when she was setting that up. We did like podcasts and stuff. They've been there for me, Like I have a lot of resources now and a great support network because of sex work.
Speaker 1: I kind of know, but can you explain the audience what is Pineapple exactly?
Speaker 2: So Pineapple it is mental health care for sex workers. So personally, I have been fired by a therapist because of my job because he was like, all your problems are your job, and I'm like, this is how I'm paying you and it's absolutely not. So it's like people that they have listeners so if you just need to vent and then they can hook you up with therapists. They've hooked me up with a psychologist recently because the thing has got a little bad. And then there's also Cupcake Girls, which is another they do group and things like that like addiction therapy, like just you know, getting stuff together. They are like awesome organizations and they're completely like run by given money by charity, so they're at all the conventions and like they're there like spin the Wheel and you know, they have an inflatable couch that all the porn stars signed to like raffle Off and stuff like it's really great and it's not really taking money from anyone. And it's also sliding scale, so like if you're like I'm depressed as shit and broke, like they can still help you, like just you know, lay it all out for them. Well, if they have a donation link, I'll put a link to that in the episode description as well. If you're listening or watching this right now, you do want to contribute to that. Pineapple is fantastic and the one the girl who runs it, the girl who found it. She's also amazing, and like it's worldwide and you know, some of their biggest contributors are like Streammate and like cams dot com and stuff like that. So like we're all kind of coming together for that because if we feel healthy and we're happier because we have to be on for everybody, everyone makes more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and you feel better. Yeah. You know, if you're happy, you're gonna film more scenes. You're going to be more energetic during that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I doubt it. You probably put on a performance no matter how you're feeling that day. I assume, right, sometimes it's really hard. Yeah. Oh yeah, okay, let me let me donut hold this back around. I think that's a radio turn back to some of the content in the beginning. All right, do you think you have a definitive scene that if someone was like, I'd love to see your work, Sidney, you go right there. Check out that one. No.
Speaker 2: I so this is a weird fact. I have never seen any of your porn.
Speaker 1: Huh, how does that work? I understand it. I have to actually edit this with my audio turned off. I said it to make sure that an embarrassment can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Like I see the people post gifts and I'll like repost them, but I've never like I've gotten fan mail like I loved you and this, this sist and this and their titles. I don't know what the fucking times of the studios are.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute. I saved the title just because I thought it was the most ridiculous fucking thing I'd ever heard. Is it the dick talking one? No, it's frum. It's from one of your MILF scenes. Okay. The title on IAFD, which is the Internet Adult Film Database, which you know what. Let's do a thing I do called stat check first. Okay, this is just using the Internet Adult Film Database. It's basically to track the progress. Now it doesn't include the fifty scenes you did over here and the two hundred you did for of and this and that. The numbers are wrong. Every time I present that, the woman I'm interviewing goes like this, Okay, good, the numbers are wrong. I lay out the numbers and they go those are wrong. I go, yeah, no, I know, I gotcha, Mike.
Speaker 2: I've personally emailed them once because like every single thing was wrong on the page.
Speaker 1: Well, let's check the MENA scenes I have is one hundred and fifty four male performers you've worked with, fifty seven female performers. You've worked with fifty four. It lists you as a nominee for an award, but I only do avn It seems like the easiest way to check it. Do I see zero noms and zero wins, no wins, but I've been nominated. I've been nominated, okay, one time, two times to any idea, Oh bunch, okay, all right, I'll make sure that's fixed up. I don't keep it up. I don't go to the shows.
Speaker 2: Like like when I still had an agent, she was like, you're going to ABM this year and you're going to sign And I was like, I don't understand my fingers on cardoor and she didn't think that was funny.
Speaker 1: I like to bring we wear in New Jersey, so I like to go to Exotica and I bring my wife. And my wife is my producer, but she's Danella, she's an artist.
Speaker 2: She basically got They paid for me to go to New Jersey in twenty nineteen because I was one of the trophy girls for the Ink Towards.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, did you like it? Did it smell like an oram pit?
Speaker 2: The thing was is, I was fucking nobody at the time, and it was me and Lauren Phillips and then small Hands and uh ashit, I'm blinking on her name Joe Milana Angel. Yeah, so it was us for you know them super famous me. The guy's name is Dick. That was like just doing all this stuff. And he was just like, I saw you on cam and I really liked you. I thought you had all this stuff. And I was like, okay, like, I'm fucking nobody on this stage. A bit cool.
Speaker 1: I let me tell you though. I interviewed Brandon McKenna early on in her career, who is a great performer, and I went to go meet her at Exotica with my wife. I do a little like the thumbnail I make. I just want you to throw a signature on it so I can hang up. And she turns around. She almost teared up. She's like, you came here to see me. I was like, you're the store here. What are you talking about? That happens? That happens to me.
Speaker 2: The first time I went to AVNN, I wasn't signing or anything. I just went to like hang out and people were like, oh, sit in Paige. And then like right after COVID it was like Exotica expis or something in Miami and I had a hat on, a mask on, and I was walking and someone yelled my name and I was like.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is that cool? Incognito mode? Is that cool? Or is that not cool? It's fine.
Speaker 2: It was just weird, okay, fair enough, Like especially when I started getting fan mail, like like papers with stamps, like there's logistics to go through, Like it's just very very odd.
Speaker 1: Sure. Sure. The title for this milk scene, according to the Internet Adult Film Database is anal Auntie's Escapades. Now do you remember shooting anal Auntie's Escapades? Do you know who you filmed it with? Was it NICKI Rebel? No, it was Ryan King. I believe Ryan King? Oh yep, I do? I do? I know? Yeah, Jay Rock Shurrett did that. Okay, Yeah it was Uh. It was the first ridiculous title I saw pop up there and I went home. Yeah, I had to do.
Speaker 2: So during that scene, he's out, my nephew is out, and I have to like send like sexy snaps with like, you know, you have to put the words in there, like Auntie's waiting for you, and I still have those in my phone. Like if anyone gets ahold of my phone, they're gonna be like, what the fuck do you have? The camera had to show what was on my phone.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you question and then we're gonna wrap this up soon. But do you have any moral objection to anything that is in the norm as far as mainstream goes? No, you're acting right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's partly because I don't have kids, fair enough. I just I don't have that connection.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Because when I first started, they were like, we can make you the ant and I was like, what's the difference and they were like, mom sells more and I was like, well get a mom, then.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you had started as little sister and worked up and then either had nephews or nieces or whatever, you might go h just wondering, just wondering. We've had a really good discussion about newer people coming in. So this is a question I posed to everyone, and I am shocked by the answer most of the time. What is the eight? Because there. There's a whole bunch of different ways to go around it. There's Devil's advocates, there's you know, what is the age that women should be able to get into porn? And then I'll throw a million Devil's advocates at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think eighteen is too young. I would say probably twenty one.
Speaker 1: So I've interviewed plenty of people, a lot of girls who started at eighteen. They all say twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started. I started three days after my ageent birthday.
Speaker 1: Now, to be fair, you have the anecdotal, not evidence, the anecdotal cases where it's the sixteen year old girl got kicked out of her house, jumped on couches for two years. She's eighteen, Now, shouldn't she be able she could go fight in a war overseas or you know, be executed in the electric chair. Shouldn't she be able to do this? No? I was a survival sex worker. Sure.
Speaker 2: I needed the money, sure, and like, because I do think about that, like, you know, if that wasn't available to me, like those because in those three years I started dancing, Like I got my awn apartment, I bought a car. I was able to you know, focus more on college, Like I did so much stuff, but like what we're doing we don't understand. And then like I kind of like went on a better path than some of the others I've seen. There was a girl that I worked with who was eighteen, who was still in high school, and you know, three months later when she's ready to graduate, she looks completely different and has an oxy addiction. Yeah, okay, but like, yeah, you need a little but this goes. I don't think it's about age. I think it's about situation, like maybe you should have had better parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. And it's about maturity too, because I've met nineteen year olds who blow these forty year olds out of the water in terms of maturity. So it's always tough. We kind of came to this consensus, and I wonder if you would sign off on this, just say we're not going to be able to get it out entirely. Yeah, what about from eighteen to twenty one? You can have a solo only fans account only. You cannot shoot mainstream, you cannot shoot with a mail. They won't upload it, they won't take it. What And then once you've been in and understand it more than just dipped your toe. You've actually learned the social media aspect, you know about the stuff going on behind the scenes twenty one hits. Now you can go shoot your first you know, you know, double anal gangbangs if you'd like, yeah, I mean, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I kind of got training rules too, because I started, you know, eighteen to twenty one Oklahoma and no contact.
Speaker 1: It was a beer bar.
Speaker 2: Like you couldn't serve alcohol the twenty one year olds on the premises, so it was beer. So like I training willed into it too, okay, but I still wasn't ready.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, And I've met some thirty five year olds who weren't ready when they got into this, So it's always tough. I'm in agreement with you that I think twenty one is probably better. You don't want to make a string of mistakes at eighteen that you'll eventually overcome and whatever.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you should be on camera. For those I would go and get a titty bar, like, don't be on maybe don't fuck up on camera.
Speaker 4: It's not to follow you for the rest your life. It's not a terrible idea. I don't dislike that, like until you're twenty one, No cameras, Ladies and gentlemen, I guess tonight, Sydney Page. You know exactly where you can find her at. Sydney Page links to all of our social media in the episode description below. Remember it's Monday, you don't have any money, you're broke. You have to at least follow her on Twitter, okay, Instagram, anywhere else she is on social media.
Speaker 1: Friday rolls around. Your kid is like, oh, I need the payments for my braces. You tell them next week. Okay, next week, because I have something to go, sign up for it. Get out of here. Yeah, try a liquid diet, sweetie. Okay, there you go, there you go. Made her gag. I have done interviews with Sarah Jay, someone else, and you now where I wait to make a joke until they're drinking something. And now I can claim at every airport, when I'm waiting for you to walk up, I can go I made her gag and no one will understand the context of that whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I love when I get recognize at the airport and you guys walking with his wife and kids and goes, I'm like, ladies.
Speaker 1: And gentlemen, Sidney Page, Sidney, thank you, so much. I really do appreciate not just what you're doing to help your own self in this, but how much you're doing for other people. I would say, as long as it's not affecting your money, keep putting it out there because they're such great stories, and you know, the mental health stuff, the mental illness, the crazy stuff is so important to get out there.
Speaker 2: It really is, so I mean, even if it does affect my money a little bit, Like, it's the truth. Like the conversation I had with the girl that was, like, how do I make it palatable? Just like it's the truth. Just tell the truth.
Speaker 1: Sweet Yeah, Sidney Page, thank you so much for coming on with me, no problem, Thank you,