Speaker 1: Temperaures in the mid thirties, but we do warm relatively quickly. We got lots of sunshine and temperas hit the mid sixty mark, so above average temperatures Tomorrow even warmer will end up right around seventy, but there will be rain chances throughout the day. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's foggy and thirty eight degrees in. Our next update is at six o'clock. I'm Whitney Harris, NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day, News of Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: AH Canadians, Canadians everywhere. This one has the birthday today Catherine john Lang turning sixty three on this November.
Speaker 5: Second, the Commons.
Speaker 4: The Edmonton, Alberta native started her showbiz career in a Patsy Cline tribute band in Alberta, Canada, and then made it to internationally. That's when a Grammy Award winner for her Happy Birthday kd Saturday November twenty twenty four. Before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. Seventeen eighty three, General George Washington issued his farewell address to the Army. His troops were taking on another challenge during our Civil War. In eighteen sixty one, President Abraham Lincoln relieved Major General John Fremont of his command of the Army's Western Department, following Fremont's unauthorized efforts to emancipate slaves in Missouri, or as they used to call it, misery. Nineteen forty seven, billionaire Howard Hughes piloted his H four Hercules, the Spruce Goose in its one and only flight. The big wooden seaplane with a wingspan longer than a football field, it was airborne for twenty six seconds. Shades of the Right Brothers. A year later, because it can never really fully trust the media, they predicted that Thomas Dewey was going to defeat Harry Truman in the nineteen forty eight election. Ah nah, Now maybe na Truman pulls out the surprise victory.
Speaker 6: Who will win this year?
Speaker 7: This date?
Speaker 4: In nineteen fifty nine, Charles Van Dorn testified to a Congressional committee he had conspired with television producers to cheat on the television game show twenty one. This was the day Jimmy Carter became the first candidate from the Deep South to be elected presidents since the Civil War in nineteen seventy six. Two thousand, astronaut Bill Sheppard and two Russian cosmonauts became the first crew to reside on board the International Space Station. There's folks up there right now. Let's see George W. Bush elected to a second term. On November two, two thousand and four. Two thousand and seven, a British college student named Meredith Kercher found slain in her bedroom in Italy. Her roommate, American Amanda Knox, and Knox's Italian boyfriend convicted of killing her, both later exonerated. This was the date that the Chicago Cubs finally broke the curse of the Billy Goat and won the World Series twenty sixteen. Still a w flag hanging up in our house, my wife. Tennis Hall of Famer Ken Rosewall is ninety Today, Pat Buchanan turns eighty six. Olympic gold medal wrestner Bruce Baumgarden is sixty five. David Schwimmer, the actor fifty eight. Nellie is fifty today and NFL quarterback for how much long? Unger we don't know. Jordan Love celebrates birthday number twenty six. If it's your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best birthday you could possibly imagine. You get to spend it doing the things you love with the people that you love to be around, and that is truly my wish for you. Five forty two.
Speaker 8: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dared not tread and don not talking about the men's room on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Join Chick Loudwig and former Bengal David Falter Sunday after the game at Bad Tom Smith Brewery for postgame sports talk five thirty to eight pm. Join us for this live broadcast Sunday evening at Bad Tom Smith Brewery in Madisonville.
Speaker 4: Little bit nippy out there this morning, on the way to a high of sixty five with lots of sunshine, clear overnight Tomorrow morning's low forty five. Remember to roll the clocks back one hour before you go to bed tonight. Warmer on Sunday with a little bit of a rain chance in a high then of seventy one. Writ night on Saturday even more, Liam, Tomlinson up and Adam, what we got on the slate today?
Speaker 10: We have a bunch of high college football today. Ohio State Penn State, number four versus number three?
Speaker 4: You said, Hi, are you saying that the players are high or will be high during the game? When you said hi, college football? Is that which high ranking?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 10: Everybody? High caliber college football?
Speaker 6: Here you go. I love it. Ohio State Penn State.
Speaker 10: To kick off the slate this afternoon, there's a matchup between four and three. Duke travels to Miami at noon as well. Mississippi, the nineteenth ranked team in the country, hosts Arkansas. Minnesota travels to twenty fourth rank Illinois. Number one Oregon hosts Michigan. Florida and number two Georgia play in a rivalry matchup in Jacksonville, Kentucky on the road against Tennessee and another highly anticipated matchup tonight, SMU hosting undefeated Pittsburgh in an ACC matchup. Some high school scores from around the area. Dayton thirty five, Trimble County six, Ashton Blazer scores.
Speaker 6: Fifty six en route to a fifty six.
Speaker 10: To twenty eight victory over Simon Kenton Bishop Brosser shuts out Penalton County forty nine to nothing. Brookville edges out of victory over Cincinnati Hills Christian forty three to forty two. Anderson molly wapt Edgwood seventy eight to seven. Deer Park fell to Cincinnati Country Day thirty nine to fourteen. Covington Catholic beat Campbell County forty two to twenty eight. Moehler drum Sycamore sixty three to seven, Lawrenceburg fifty nine, Greensburg six want Verna with a thirty two to twenty nine win over Boone County. East Central shut out Seymour thirty five to nothing. Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy beat Southeastern Local twenty to seven, and Elder tops Mason twenty.
Speaker 6: Eight to three. Is that it? There's a lot more to youll me to just knock them all out? Right now?
Speaker 4: It's all right, Well, we'll dangle the carrot and maybe give us some more.
Speaker 10: At six, it is playoff time in Ohio and next week's starts the playoffs in Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Excellent, Thank you, Liam. It's coming up on five forty five.
Speaker 3: News the radio seven hundred wl W for the Clermal.
Speaker 4: It is a Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, November second, twenty twenty four out curate Jeff Walker. It's five forty seven some change five one three seven four ninety seven thousand. The number to get in touch one A under the big one. And Mam Tree is already knocking on my door this morning. Good morning, Mam Tree.
Speaker 12: Morning dow Baby. How are you?
Speaker 4: I am? Just you know what? You're on the phone with me. It's Saturday morning. It feels like normal.
Speaker 12: Feels Peachey's Marinneles say, who's Mary Anne?
Speaker 13: She's not.
Speaker 12: Oh the Auris just said, doctor Kratz. They're no longer there. Pase re tis.
Speaker 6: So she she used to say, Peachey a lot she did.
Speaker 12: Marry Anne. I missed you, Mary Anne. Oh yeah, Joe and Milford haven't seen you. Thank you. Patricia a beautiful car yesterday.
Speaker 14: Patricia sent me a letter, Miss Pollett, Yes I got one too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And to Betty, I haven't heard from you yet. Now, whyonn't you come and go with me.
Speaker 13: To my father's house, the city streets of painting gold at my Barb's house. No more cry there, no more dying there, Go and meet my mom and dad in the one. Come and go with me.
Speaker 12: They take your provinces a lot in prayer.
Speaker 13: And you trust me down there, Oh.
Speaker 12: Lot, coment, go with me.
Speaker 13: Do my fathers have do my fathers?
Speaker 12: Amen.
Speaker 4: That's the toughest thing to do is to sing a cappella without any musical accompaniment, and you do it superbly.
Speaker 12: I'm just god child and he's my artist.
Speaker 6: Have you got a lot of things playing in your head?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: Not really, okay, I just do well to breathe with my bow and county alleys. I got tears and streaming, so my coming out beside me.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well listen, Thank you so much as always for gracing us with your presence.
Speaker 12: Yes out, we don't have COVID post it's clear. Pray for Marcia. She needs a kidney. Everyone pray he'll give her a kidney in her sleep. I keep killed my brain, cancers and everything. Amen.
Speaker 6: Well, praise the Lord, Amen, mamitry. I have a great weekend, dear, but fred Fred, good morning.
Speaker 7: I got a joke.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 15: Alice works at the Old Folks on she checks in on Frank and she sees him painting his Another reason region's black and with shoe polish, and she goes, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, please, I told you to set your clocks back.
Speaker 6: Okay, Fred, thank you so much. That's not even Dave for hel Hello, Al.
Speaker 16: Hey, Gary, Jeff, how are you doing today?
Speaker 6: He's just flying by the seat of our pants like usual. How are you well?
Speaker 7: Not too bad?
Speaker 16: Let's can I give a shout out here?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're probably gonna do it unless I cut you off, you might as well go ahead.
Speaker 17: Well, you know, I I'd rather ask permission first. Yeah, I'd like to give, like to give a shout out to Chris Rock. He's the best Jaguar partsman in the Cincinnati area. Heck, he's the only parts fan Jaguar parts.
Speaker 16: Man in Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Chris Rock.
Speaker 16: Chris says, Chris Rockingfield.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, but he goes like that.
Speaker 16: But anyway, talk to me about the election coming up.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And you know, it surprises me watching people on the news that say this is the first time they've ever voted, you know, in their lives, which just amazes me. I'm seventy three years old. I've missed one voting one time, and that was a special election, and you know it's important. I mean, it's something that you know, what this country's founded on, and you have. I served in six administrations, uh in the service, and I can tell you two of them. It was from Nixon to UH to Clinton, and two of the worst from morale in.
Speaker 16: The military were Carter and Clinton.
Speaker 17: So uh, you know, it's just you know, if you care about the country, you know, vote whichever way you want. But you know, if you don't, if you don't, uh, if you don't vote, don't complain about the outcome.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 16: That's the way the way I look at it.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I I agree. If you don't vote, you've got no right to griper. Bitch. Well, you know, I know you've got.
Speaker 16: A list of other callers coming up, so I just wanted to pop that in there on a.
Speaker 4: Serious al al actually, uh, actually I have got no other callers the rest of the morning.
Speaker 6: You're in, so thank you for helping out.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, you usually have them waiting in the wings, and I know, well, I guess I.
Speaker 4: Guess I'm little nervous because there's where dickles still dick.
Speaker 6: Is not hanging.
Speaker 12: You know that.
Speaker 17: I hate to be Yeah, that could be, that could be, that could be terrible. But I mean we can reminisce about some good times to Clines on the.
Speaker 16: River again if you wanted to know.
Speaker 4: That's that's okay. We'll have time. I tell you what come visit, Uh huddles and we'll talk. All right, Thanks, Al, appreciate your coming.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: Dick is not Dick is not hanging yet, but we will see if Dick will make an appearance, if he will pop out at any moment on our phone lines seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: If you are a loved one been diagnosed with cancer after using Roundup weed killer, the World Health Organization is classified Roundup's main ingredient, Glyca sate is a probable car stirk.
Speaker 1: With the clear sky and patchy frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain. From you of your weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW. I love waking up because it means I get to listen to Mike McConnell McConnell.
Speaker 6: Coffee and toast. That's my perfect morning. I'm more a waffle in bacon guy. You all need to try kippers. They're yummy. Who cares as long as you've got McConnell.
Speaker 20: I feel good when you feel good, and you'll feel good when you start your day the right way.
Speaker 6: Getting the morning essentials from me, Mike mcconnald. Mike is mister morning. Come and feel the goodness. I feel it, Mike, I feel it.
Speaker 14: Be a morning Lover with Mike McConnell. Monday Morning at five on seven hundred.
Speaker 21: W l W.
Speaker 8: Insulate your home with USA Insulation Call three eight one three six two six three eight one foam or on the web at USA insulation dot net Live from the seven hundred WLW studios driven by Mike Cashtrewcy Jeep in fair Facts, now recognized as the largest volume jeep dealer in Greater Cincinnati. In Northern Kentucky, Mike Cash Dreucy Jeep is the number one jeep dealer in the tri State. That's Mike Cashtreucy jeb in Fairfax.
Speaker 22: You are listening to seven hundred w l W, also available on ninety four five fm W two three three BG, Cincinnati for.
Speaker 6: Some early morning dickon and Grinnin. I knew Dick wouldn't let us down here he is. Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Kirk, Jeff.
Speaker 11: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm great, And I'm so pleased that you got through because we were kind of worried, you know what.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, a morning.
Speaker 6: A morning with Dick is like the sun that never comes up.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I just wanted to tell you our friend is doing really well.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 24: They gave her rehab and a couple of people that's come, you know, to see her. But she's doing very well there. That is one of the nicest places. And one thing her friend has been the she's been helped. We've had bill a lot of bills. So yeah, it's been Yeah. But I got out last week.
Speaker 25: I I think I.
Speaker 24: Played in the banjo group Monday night and then Tuesday I went to the Strummers and Miamisburg and I went Thursday with with with the Beaver Creek Strummers. It was kind of nice.
Speaker 4: I'm more concerned about are you still in your continuing education at the college, Dick.
Speaker 24: Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm doing pretty good in this. Yeah, yeah, that's we got about another month and then I get to I get to take another class. I think it's going to be either government or this communication. That'll be a good class to take.
Speaker 6: Are you on the Dean's List?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I've done well with the credit for lifelong learning. You know, I've been taking classes since I think I started at Lows in nineteen ninety six, but I've taken classes for about twenty years.
Speaker 6: You're a career student.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 4: Dave from Dayton wants to know real quick. Yeah, predictions on bingals, raiders and who wins the presidential election on Tuesday.
Speaker 24: I say the Biggles will bounce back and when thirty one and I think, uh, President Trump and JD Pants they're.
Speaker 25: Going to win it all.
Speaker 24: I really do well.
Speaker 4: Your lifts to God's ears, Dick, we hope so gosh, yes, jim me a favor, just real quick? What say good night, Dick.
Speaker 24: Good night, Gerry.
Speaker 6: Guess right, have a great weekend.
Speaker 24: That a great bye bye.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 6: The Dixter picks the Trumpster. We proceed on a Saturday morning portions of the following program where we recorded tour cast.
Speaker 1: It's Jillie Out there this morning, tempters right around that mid thirty mark with the clear skies and patchy frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain from your Severe Weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now it's clear in thirty five. Our next update is at six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Jeff Leanernissan dot Com in for the.
Speaker 4: First official hour the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, November the twenty twenty four. Gerry Jem at your service again on the weekend. How you doing the early voting finishing up?
Speaker 6: I will be uh.
Speaker 4: I will be heading to the polling place in South Kate, Kentucky on Tuesday on election Day.
Speaker 6: As God attended, we will.
Speaker 4: Be talking to our friend Westside jam who was a truck commander in Ohio. Here just a few minutes, but now it's time for day from Harrison, Who's crazy. I'm crazy, not a licensed therapist or doctor.
Speaker 6: I did stay a holiday in express once. Good morning Dave, Good morning love.
Speaker 7: How are we doing on this November.
Speaker 6: Second d w E weekend?
Speaker 27: What?
Speaker 6: What weekend?
Speaker 21: Was it?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 12: Day?
Speaker 11: V d w E Veterans Day weekend?
Speaker 6: Veterans Day is like a week away?
Speaker 7: Well, I thought it was Monday.
Speaker 6: Election Day is usually Veterans Day is the eleventh.
Speaker 14: And I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: They may have moved it up. It's uh.
Speaker 11: Is uh t b T c.
Speaker 6: W E oh turn back the clock weekend?
Speaker 7: Yes? Yes, and lord don't wait. You know that some of us really need our extra our beauty vests.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, ree, I'm fine, thanks, okay.
Speaker 7: Uh, Jeff, Yeah, I have a question for you.
Speaker 11: What do you call about a million rabbits walking backwards?
Speaker 4: What do you call a million rabbits walking backwards?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, uh, that would be a receding hairline, is what? That would be very nice? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 11: Have you ever wondered, uh, why can't blind people go skydiving?
Speaker 6: Why can't blind people go sky why?
Speaker 11: Well, because it scares the dogs?
Speaker 18: Okay, and what do you get.
Speaker 11: What do you call a cow that eats a stick of dynamite.
Speaker 6: I have no idea. What do you call a cow that eats a stick of dynamite?
Speaker 28: A bomb in the bull, A bomb in a bowl? Abomin a bull? There you go, Dave, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: Get off my phone.
Speaker 19: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 6: Bill Cunningham is the sound of America. When I listened to Willie, I get all American goosebumps. He oozes the American dream. My toad got infected and was oosing this yellowy puff stuff. But it didn't stop me from listening to Willy America. I had a tape for them and still listen to Willie.
Speaker 29: I still listen even with my pro lapsed hemorrhoids.
Speaker 14: Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 6: I am a great American.
Speaker 22: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 30: Adopt Us Kids presents what to expect when you're expecting a teenager learning the lingo.
Speaker 31: Today, I'm going to help parents translate teen slang.
Speaker 32: Now, when a teen says something is on fleek, it's exactly like saying that's rad. It simply means that something is awesome or cool. Another one is toads. It's exactly like saying totally, just shorter as and I totals love going to the mall.
Speaker 31: Becca. Another word you might hear is jelly.
Speaker 32: Jelly is a shorter, better way to say jealous, as in Chloe, I am like so jelly of your unicorn phone case.
Speaker 30: You don't have to speak teen to be a perfect parent. Thousands of teens in foster care will think you're rad just the same. To learn more, visit adopt us Kids dot org. A public service announcement brought to you by the US Department of Health and Human Services, adopt Us Kids, and.
Speaker 23: The ad Council acrgunny Polls and spas call today and swim tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Acrgunny Pools dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sunny Day, I hire sixty five don't forget to roll the clocks back tonight one hour daylight savings time ends tomorrow, warmer. There is a slight chance of rain for Bengals raiders, whatever else you got planned in a high of seventy one, then.
Speaker 6: Ah, yeah, we're.
Speaker 4: Rolling on a Saturday morning, and he's about to get rolling right now at the Board of Elections, our friend west side.
Speaker 7: Jim is out.
Speaker 4: The truck commander back in action on election weekend. Hello, truck commander, how are you?
Speaker 33: Good morning, Gary Jeff After hearing Dave's marvelous jokes, I am just terrific.
Speaker 6: Okay, now tell me the truth.
Speaker 33: Okay, I'm on seventy one North what you're familiar with, and driving up here about ready to get off on the expressway doing my yearly civic duty and my yearly calling to you for a truck commander.
Speaker 6: Ci civic duty and like two hundred bucks a day, right.
Speaker 33: Two point fifty for two days, okay, But it's about four hours each day for to go out and visit with Colleen and the rest of those nice ladies out here.
Speaker 4: So what exactly does a truck commander do? Because people may not remember from the last election Jym.
Speaker 33: Well, we delivered the ballots at a location in the presiding executives, which is about twenty three precincts in my stop come and pick them up, and then they go and they deliver them and set up for Tuesday's voting, and then Tuesday we reverse it. They bring everything to us after the voting's over at seven point thirty, and then we bring the paper ballots and the boxes that are actually there, the red and white boxes, to the BOE, and then the BOE runs these little computer chips that shows the voting that's done, and then the paper backups are put into a very very secure walk cage in case there's an issue, hanging chance or so forth.
Speaker 7: And then that's it.
Speaker 33: I mean, we just I drive a U hauler of Penske or something like that and deliver, like I said, a whole truckload of and this year it's two pages four size, so it takes a little bit of time to vote, but you got a vote because we need number forty seven in there.
Speaker 6: I am an agreement.
Speaker 4: Now you've got the ballots, so can you do something about ensuring the election goes our way?
Speaker 7: I would never do that, Gary.
Speaker 18: Jeff I'm not that tight.
Speaker 34: You know that.
Speaker 11: But what is your address again?
Speaker 6: Well, no, you wouldn't do that because you're not a Democrat.
Speaker 33: Listen, well, I have a Democrat that rides with me to Gary Jeff, so you watch over me.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they do like a hawk exactly.
Speaker 4: Listen, have a fantastic day doing your civic duty and making some money in your truck.
Speaker 6: And be careful. Thanks for having me, Hey, thanks for being.
Speaker 4: Hand Be careful out there, Jimmy, take take care of all right, the truck commander back. I was trying to see if to do do dool to do does actually a Morse code signal kind of sounded like it. It's six seventeen. Let's go to our friend o old radio Rick Washburn with a reception report on a Satury Good morning.
Speaker 6: Ricky, how are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 35: Well, DoD DoD do would be an oh, but I don't think there's any do.
Speaker 6: Do doo what I figured you'd be the person to ask.
Speaker 35: Otherwise you just have to change the track to sending out an sos.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, message in a bottle. You're right right, I could have done that. So how are you receiving us? And what are you receiving us on this morning?
Speaker 35: Uh, you're coming in four x four and I'll take it. From nineteen forty six. This is a little jewel refrigerator from Westinghouse model H five. It is a six tube AM radio and it is tiny. It's nine inches tall, six inches across, ten six inches deep. It's a painted plastic cabinet in the shape of a little tiny refrigerator. And it came free if you bought a Westinghouse refrigerator, but you could also buy one. So there's a catalog. But yeah, so there's a catalog entry for it which begins with listen and you'll buy Westinghouse. Well that sold me, how about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, good good marketing.
Speaker 35: Console radio in capsule form, Okay, Yeah, it's basically just like a console radio, you know, plastic, tiny speaker, has a handle, all right, whatever. Then it goes on to say airstream plastic. Now that's good because aerodynamics in radio cabinets is one of the most important overlooked features you can get.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, when your team loses the World Series and you fly it across the room, you want as much distance as possible on that sucker.
Speaker 35: Absolutely, or if the kids lose their football, then they've got a backup, you know, one or the other. It's styled and enclosed on all sides, retractable handle, the push pull out to it, which is weird for such a tiny radio. And then never before has such powerful performance been packed into a set of this size. Now I've give them that it is packed in there. There's no room to work. And I'm surprised the plastic. I'm surprised every one of them is not just a complete meltdown because six tubes and all of them get pretty darn hot. Wow, good planning, guys.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for working your magic on the radio and us again and we'll talk to you soon and happy turn back the clock weekend.
Speaker 35: Old radio too, sir, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: You've got it. Six twenty seven outter wlw HS.
Speaker 14: Stars Spangled Celebration Dednight re announced with election nights.
Speaker 6: This is going to be a flag waving.
Speaker 14: For the After an endless barrage of political ads, speeches, accusations and all that other campaigning style, the Election Board begins it last Dudy the accounting of the vote. Join us for all American coverage, get the results, expert analysis and yes commentary, big.
Speaker 5: Words like democracy, freedom, livet.
Speaker 14: It's a full blown political party. Coverage starts Tuesday ninety six on seven hundred welw.
Speaker 36: iHeartRadio has the twenty twenty fourth presidential election covered with Decision twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: It's Jillie out there this morning.
Speaker 1: Tempters right around that mid thirty mark with the clear skies and Patty Frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain from you severe weather station. I'm nine First Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 37: Dude nine Yes on Saturday, even one, Liam Townlinson take it away.
Speaker 10: The first round the MLS Playoffs continues tonight for FC Cincinnati. The Orange and Blue traveled to New York to face off against New York City FC in Game two. Are the best of three series. With the win tonight, the Orange and Blue advanced to the next round. Pregame covers begins at four thirty. Kickoff is set for five to ten. Catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You See football has a bye week this week, but return next Saturday to face West Virginia. Two big games today, ranked wise number four Ohio State travels to Happy Valley to play number three Pence Stak kickoff at noon, and number twenty SMU hosts undefeated and eighteenth Rae in Pittsburgh tonight. Some high school football scores from around the area. Taff dominated Kenton Ridge fifty to seven, Clinton Massey forty one, Roger Bacon seven, Saint Bernard, Elmwood Plays shut out Dayton Christian fifty four to nothing. Mount Healthy defeated ake In twenty six to twenty. Paris pounded Ludlow fifty two to twelve. Lakota West shutout Wan Hills forty nine to nothing. Lesal's offense rolled against Monroez sixty nine to twenty one, Purcell Marion thirty four, Paint Valley twenty one. Bellevue top Jackson County forty to six. Newport hold Toty Cross scoreless, winning thirty seven to nothing. Saytex beat Milford forty one to zero. Kings defeated with throw ten to nothing. Newport Central Catholic drum Hoolmes fifty four to zero. Hamilton shutout Oak Hills twenty eight to nothing, Miami Wyoming forty nine show to fourteen. Dixie Heights fell to Ryle forty two to twenty seven. Lloyd Memorial rolls over Scott sixty one to thirteen. Wentonwoods shut out Little Miami thirty five to nothing. MC Nicholas beats Selina thirty five to three. Miami Valley is held scoreless in a forty one to nothing loss. Mydir top Williamsburg twenty one to fourteen. Princeton beate Fairfield forty eight to seven.
Speaker 6: Urbana.
Speaker 10: Urbana fell to Taylor High School forty three to six, Indian Hill fifty north Ridge fourteen. London defeated Ross thirty nine to fourteen. Harrison scores forty three, Troy seven. Baden edged out a fourteen to twelve win against Trotwood Madison. Lakota East topped West Claremont forty two to twenty eight. New Richmond fell to Valley View twenty to twenty six. Wilmington edited out a thirty seven to thirty four victory over Batavia Typical Neoe to dominate the Talawanda forty nine to seven, Wayinsville forty two Madison nine and Henry County beat Hendersonville, Tennessee twenty four to fourteen.
Speaker 29: Here's what's trending from the iHeart Sports Network presented by DraftKings, the official partner.
Speaker 14: Of the NBA.
Speaker 38: Another late addition to the Bengals injury report ahead of their matchup against the Raiders. Running back Zach Moss has been added due to a neck injury. Do you see Bearcats at w losing one of their key targets in the twenty twenty five class with four started bits and Blyman Bennie Patterson flipping to Michigan and with their recent victory over the Yankees, the Dodgers completed their parade for their eighth World Series statle while celebrating the late Fernando Valezuela.
Speaker 3: I'm Jendi Haffret.
Speaker 29: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports. Because life's more fun when you're in on the action Raft Kings. The Crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler age in eligibility restrictions apply, void We're prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 3: USA in three eight one is it online at USA Installation dot Net.
Speaker 39: Become an access or metro now off seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 20: Bengals coach Zach Taylor joins us this time every single week, and uh, looking back at last week, real quick running game is still an issue. Obviously you go over the tape and there is the issue here the O line missing blocks. Is it maybe you know, the back not being patient enough for a combination of both or what do you see?
Speaker 27: It's everybody, Yeah, it's everybody. You know, tight ends receivers are involved as well, So we're all accountable for that and something we got to clean up and be better at.
Speaker 20: So, yeah, there were serious issues on the one, third and fourth down back to back and then the well the other fourth down was the swing pass to Jamar. But you look at the the Eagles with their tush push. They say last year it was successful ninety three percent of the time. You have to have looked at that and decided there's a reason not to do it in other coaches the same way. Why does that not catch on elsewhere in the NFL to a greater degree.
Speaker 27: Yeah, they're good at it. You know, they've got a lot of meat up there between the center and guards. They've had a lot of success teams they've tried to replicate that and not found that success, you know. So again they're willing to put their quarterback in there and kind of get smashed up a little bit. And so it's something that's worked for them and not worked nearly as well for a lot of other teams.
Speaker 20: Yeah, all right, we have a trade deadline coming up. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this because the Bengals are traded for two players in fifty two years, so I wouldn't anticipate a lot of action.
Speaker 6: And what are you thinking?
Speaker 27: Yeah, that's you know, I just love to front office handle that, and I keep coaching the team. And if they tell me there's something I got to be aware of, then I'll be aware of it. But otherwise we'll just keep coaching these guys.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 20: So looking at the Raiders, seems like there's one wrecking ball on every defense out there. Max Crosby, I think would be the one coming up this week. But where else are they tough?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great way to put them.
Speaker 27: I mean, Max Crosby is the guy that you know this over and over again.
Speaker 16: They play hard.
Speaker 27: They do a lot on defense and try to make it challenging by pressure in as many ways as possible. Offensively, they just had a lot of turnovers and if they can clean that up and they're they're much better unit than probably what shows on paper. So it's a good challenge for us, and we've got to find a way to get our first home win.
Speaker 20: I'd imagine injuries, you know, the big ones, the day to day tea in particular.
Speaker 27: Yeah, tea in Orlando kind of in the same boat. We'll see where they're at with practice down Thursday and Friday and to see if they can play on Sunday.
Speaker 6: You're happy with the progress of Jamaine Burton, I am.
Speaker 27: Yeah, he's getting better every week. We're getting more comments than him. I think it's starting to slow down for him, so continue to put more and more on his play with every game that passes.
Speaker 20: All right, Well, hopefully sunday's a Who Day day, and thank you for your time. We'll do it again next week.
Speaker 40: That's right, Thanks, Mike Choose, Ralph's American Grilled to host your next birthday party.
Speaker 14: Our major celebration from the race.
Speaker 3: Car Nardy forecast from News Radio seven hundred wl John.
Speaker 1: It's a chilly one out there this morning, temperatures in the mid thirties, but we do warm relatively quickly. We got lots of sunshine and temperas hit the mid sixty marks, so above average temperatures. Tomorrow even warmer, will end up right around seventy, but there will be rain chances throughout the day. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Clearing thirty seven degrees right now.
Speaker 41: I'm Sandy Collins next updated seven on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: I'm toasting you sit Honting. We may meet through.
Speaker 36: You'll never hear me complaint.
Speaker 5: Friends in no places?
Speaker 6: Were the whiskey down?
Speaker 37: Planting beer?
Speaker 7: James, I'm blue.
Speaker 6: Oh, let's go chase some beer. It's a Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Let's head east, my friends out of town into how now around county and the gang at Brookie's Saloon there on Main Street.
Speaker 6: Good morning, gang, Good morning.
Speaker 18: I don't.
Speaker 11: What is that?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 18: Jerry soid she didn't have her glasses on, Okay, there.
Speaker 6: Well, well, what do you need glasses on?
Speaker 4: We're talking on the radio or are you reading from some kind of script that I don't know about.
Speaker 42: What?
Speaker 18: No, I was looking something up and I have my glasses on. So anyway, what were you looking up?
Speaker 6: I'm curious.
Speaker 11: Now it's your phone number.
Speaker 6: You're looking at my phone number?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, that's gonna send you a picture of my beaver. And so he's got you a pumpkin outfit on.
Speaker 4: Well, I definitely want to see the beaver in a pumpkin outfit.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's very cute. He's very silent.
Speaker 6: With that e quate to pumpkin pie. I'm thinking about something else.
Speaker 18: Okay, Uh, so skeleton didn't go to the party.
Speaker 6: Why the skeleton didn't go to the party.
Speaker 12: I have no idea, because he had no body to go with.
Speaker 6: Very nice.
Speaker 4: The skeleton walks into a bar. Skeleton walks into Brookies, orders a beer and a mop.
Speaker 21: Mop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, explain that to her. Explain that to her later, right.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, you are you are? You are rather short, sherry, so a lot of things go over your head. I'm sure what were you gonna say?
Speaker 24: I get it now?
Speaker 43: Speaking of Brookies tonight, Uh, no, it won't be the weather being bad, but there will be country thunder Tonight will be the band playing very nice. And Wednesday night, of course, will be uh the Queen of Hearts. It looks like great weather for that. And I'm sure that the total will be well over, Oh.
Speaker 18: Boy, well over.
Speaker 6: It's got to be getting.
Speaker 18: It's got to be up there, really enticing.
Speaker 43: Now, i'd say be closed in on eighty three to eighty five thousand by Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Well, it keeps going up every second you talk. For gosh sakes, it's.
Speaker 43: Crew people are lined up buying tickets already this morning.
Speaker 24: Well that's right they are.
Speaker 4: You guys get more bar business before the sun comes up than almost anybody else around.
Speaker 6: I'll give you that.
Speaker 18: But it's gonna be a beautiful weekend, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Oh it is. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 22: It'll be a great day to vote.
Speaker 12: Everybody, get out and vote on Tuesday.
Speaker 18: Now, Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 12: I like to vote on voting day.
Speaker 6: There should be.
Speaker 4: There should be only one day to vote election day. If you're sick or you know what, there there are exceptions. You can use a good excuse to vote mail in or absentee. Otherwise, all votings should be done on election day, and they ought to be commanded with having them all counted by midnight on election day so we know the outcome.
Speaker 11: I agree.
Speaker 18: Used to work good sixty years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it worked fine for over one hundred and fifty now two hundred years. It worked fine in this country. Yeah, but now we've got to make all these special accommodations. So off that subject, Doug, we need.
Speaker 18: To add one in here. We don't have Lisa around here today.
Speaker 43: She's out in Omaha, Nebraska with her mother, Helen, who had a recent fallen broker Hill.
Speaker 6: Oh, I hate to hear that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, r oh.
Speaker 18: Pray for help out to those two they're listening this morning.
Speaker 4: Pray for hell absolutely Ohio State and Penn State. Doug, what are you going to do?
Speaker 6: Buck Eye?
Speaker 43: I'd love to see in Ohio State when it I'm just not enthused about our offensive line for Ohio States.
Speaker 7: But we'll see. We'll see if they fixed their problems since last week.
Speaker 4: So the weather rock says everything is copacetic sherry for today.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, I'll have to look that up, but yes, it is all right, And.
Speaker 4: I would love for you to send me pictures of your beaver in his pumpkinson.
Speaker 18: All right, got one, you got one, it's already on the lake.
Speaker 16: Check your check your phone.
Speaker 4: All right, good, I'll share that with my wife. She likes to look at Sherry's beaver.
Speaker 6: Two. It's uh, well, that's good.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend. Six forty at seven hundred WLW. Steve from Etna hanging.
Speaker 22: On seven hundred wl W Cincinnati, Available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: It's the Marketers Report Today, Kate Cronin Chief brand Officer, Steve five the weather Rock.
Speaker 4: Set it all clear overnight, turned the clock back one hour before you hit the rack.
Speaker 6: It's thirty seven now.
Speaker 14: Light nights on Saturday, even one.
Speaker 4: MLS Playoffs Game number two for FC Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The first round of the mlf's playoffs continue tonight for the Orange and Blue. They travel to New York to face off against New York City FC. Pregame coverage begins at four thirty. Kickoff is set for five to ten. Catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You see football has a buy this week or return next Saturday to face West Virginia. Some high school football scores from around the area. Dayton thirty five, Trimble County six, Ashton Blazers offense rolls as they beat Simon Kenton fifty six to twenty eight. Bishop Brossers shut out Penalton County forty nine to nothing. Brookville added out of victory over Cincinnati Hills Christian forty three to forty two. Deer Park fell to Cincinnati Country Day thirty nine to fourteen. Covington Catholic beat Campbell County forty two to twenty eight. More Drum Sycamore sixty three to seven, Lawrenceburg fifty nine, Greens Bird six. College basketball begins next week and the Bengals are back in action against the Raiders. The Bengals looks to get their first home win of the season one four so far. Pregame coverage begins at nine. Kickoff is set for one catch all that action on the home of the Bengals. Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW, Hey.
Speaker 6: Everywhere, Yes, Yes, yes, yes, been waiting for this all morning long.
Speaker 4: Six forty five Gary Jeff with you on seven outter WLW and our friend Steve from Ittna waiting in the wings with a fifty phone calling news of the week.
Speaker 6: Good morning Steven, Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 44: This was the week that Mark Cuban continued his consecutive dumbass comments record, passing Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, Daffy Duck, and of course Wiley E. Coyote, who owns an NBA franchise, which explains his pre election for far left loniness has been channeling Joe Biden, addressing so called strong and intelligent women.
Speaker 14: None of whom he has ever met.
Speaker 44: Ala Biden. He said something like if Donald Trump is elected.
Speaker 45: He's gonna put y'all women in chains.
Speaker 44: Or something like that. Kamala is still at second place on the Anty Trump quote list, but she keeps on trying.
Speaker 11: Good girl.
Speaker 44: She was asked, what's the first thing you're going to do if elected?
Speaker 35: She said, lower the cost of living?
Speaker 11: Could you be more specific?
Speaker 44: Reminds me of those Q and A segments in years gone by. At the Miss America contest, Burt Parks would ask the ladies, what will you do if you are crowned Miss America. The insipid answer was usually something like bring peace to the world and abolish toenail fungus. Enough of my lack of civility, I want to apologize to all socialists and communists for calling them democrats, which implies they actually believe in democracy. That was just plain deplorable garbage.
Speaker 18: The Bob Yucker.
Speaker 45: Jobs a Little Outside Award goes this week to the experts, all college educated, who predicted one hundred and twelve thousand new jobs this past month.
Speaker 44: They missed it by one hundred thousand. As we used to say in the army, close enough for government work. Okay, let's wrap this election season up. Gosh, we've got to wait another four years.
Speaker 7: For another one.
Speaker 44: Remembering former President Abe Lincoln, who despite his name, was not Jewish, but was always dressed in black and wore a beard, Abe said, all you need to read to live a virtuous life is the Bible and Shakespeare. Well, I've got both on my shelf. This entire four years in the Harris Biden desert reminds me of the devil in Matthew four, trying to take advantage of Jesus who had just fasted for forty days in the desert. Satan said three really stupid things, But the kicker was telling God that he could have all the glory of all the kingdoms of the earth if he would just fall down and adore the devil. Jesus told him to go to hell. You have that opportunity on Tuesday, if you haven't already done so. God's servant William Shakespeare coughed and specialized in bringing the high and mighty down to earth in Old Macbeth, Hamlet and all those plays that were named for British kings. Richard the Third reminds me of the Devil, and by extension democrats.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 35: That was uncivil of me.
Speaker 44: I met socialists and communists.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get You're going to get Liz Cheney shot if you keep talking like that.
Speaker 44: That's another story I have tied to get it too. In the play named after him, Richard starts right off arguing with two women. One is the strong willed Queen Margaret, and the other her daughter in law, the weak willed lady Anne. The two women things in common. Listen carefully. Richard killed Margaret's husband, King Henry the sixth, and Anne is the widow of Henry and Margaret's son Edward, Prince of Wales. Whom Richard also killed along with Anne's father. Richard may also have killed his two nephews who had a better claim to the throne, but the jury is still deliberating in New York. So both women visit Richard to tell him that he is a homicidal maniac.
Speaker 14: On his good days.
Speaker 44: Margaret loses all manner of civility, however, cursing Richard with prophecies that all come true, including the premature death of his wife and losing his only son and heir in childhood. Plus Richard is the last English.
Speaker 18: King to die in combat. Wow, really don't.
Speaker 44: Piss her off. But Anne is the real star of this drama. She tells Richard to burn in hell, but turn that frown upside down, lady. When he says, I did it all because I love you, that's going to work. I mean, a realistic excuse. Guys would be Hey, I kill a hell of a lot of people and it's hard to keep track. What was your guy's name? Again?
Speaker 35: But I would be wrong.
Speaker 44: Anne swallows the crapola and accepts his ring, which we suspect he just got out of the pawn shop. My point, and Abe Lincoln's is we've been asked to step aside a lot of bullyceasies past four years. So to quote another President Harry Truman, the Monck stops here or something like that, I have gotten that wrong. Good day, see you, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Steven, excellent as usual. Oh and my friend Ray from Loveland, how are.
Speaker 11: You doing, Raymond, Gary Jeff, my brother, good morning, Good morning. Hey. By the way, a tip of the hat to your sports as always, Liam Hendersonville scores.
Speaker 7: That's impressive.
Speaker 6: I require it since I that's my home and martyr.
Speaker 24: I got that.
Speaker 11: So hey, listen, I'm gonna use Yeah, I know, but you know it was. It just made me feel warm here in the here in the score, and I felt like I was back home there for a second.
Speaker 7: So hey.
Speaker 11: But my subliminal programming here, by the way, in this quick call is vote no Issue one. But listen, hey, everybody, we have the Veterans Day coming up, and everybody's going to uh thank the veterans ranks God bless them as we need to and thank God for them. But let's add to it whenever we do that this next week, that you voted, because that is one of the great great benefits of living in America, and you were born to be Americans, every one of you, and meant to vote this week and to make it complete and to really shock the world. Let's fill the churches tomorrow and let's pray, let's vote, Let's pray, let's vote.
Speaker 21: And give it to the Good Lord.
Speaker 18: It's going to be all right. It's going to be all right.
Speaker 11: God bless you both.
Speaker 6: Take care yep, thank you.
Speaker 4: Ray and a great call on that too. Planning on attending a worship service tomorrow and doing exactly that. Pray for not only me and my family or people I know that have needs, but for our country. Pray and vote, Pray and vote a historical marker in just a few minutes and then Steve Shulty after seven on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW, Hamt's best friend reminded me this morning as we were beginning and I was doing the history thing that November second, nineteen twenty is the one hundred and fourth Well today is a one hundred and fourth anniversary of that date. The first commercial radio broadcast November second, nineteen twenty. It was on Katie KA in Pittsburgh, which was owned by Westinghouse and Westinghouse had been building radios for a while, and radios were basically like one to one communication at that time. Engineers and people who had a hobby like ham radio, they were into radio. But no, this was a different idea. Doctor Frank Conrad at Westinghouse they're in Pittsburgh, decided and gave the name broadcast to the election returns of the Hardingcox presidential election November two, nineteen twenty. It is noted as the first commercial radio broadcast ever, and it's a piece of history on this exact day now one hundred and four years later. So thanks Art Volo for the reminder. When you're in radio and you go to radio class, and you take radio in college, or even if you study anything about radio, it's one of the first things you learn about commercial radio. It's it all started this date, nineteen twenty broadcasting election results. And we will have election coverage on Tuesday night right here on seven hundred WLW. The news is next.
Speaker 6: Oh no, stomach issues again, stomic issues.
Speaker 41: Who are you with a high about sixty degrees right now in Cincinnati, we're at thirty six and clear skys at seven oh four. Next update at seven point thirty. I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred W l W. Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com.
Speaker 4: Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, November two, twenty twenty four. Howdy GJ. Dubbs behind the wheel of this car. Don't don't make me turn this thing around. Uh, it is time for a little environmental talk with environmental engineer Steve Shilton.
Speaker 6: And Lewis.
Speaker 40: I see true so green.
Speaker 5: Red roses too.
Speaker 14: I see them blue.
Speaker 5: Five and I'm into myself.
Speaker 6: What a wonder for what a wonderful world? Get you, mister Shelty, Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Gary Jets thirty seven down, one more to go, only one more treatment to go?
Speaker 16: One more.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is excellent news, brother, Monday morning. So you're ready for that today over, I'm sure.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 46: We're gonna be a little light this morning. First of all, there's two courses coming up with empower You America. So go to a power Youoamerica dot org. And there's two courses coming up here shortly Thursday, November seventh, from seven to eight thirty. How oil has shaped World History? By Tom Hagadorn. Tom is a member of the Empower Board and I've been I've seen some of a couple of us other previous presentations of other different topics. Excellent presenter, so that's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be really good.
Speaker 46: And another one people shouldn't miss again, Empower Youamerica dot Org is on Tuesday in November twelfth from seven to eight fifteen pm, which is a zoom presentation and it will be on can we effectively transition to one hundred percent renewable energy? Can win solar and batteries replace hydrocarbon fuels that power our modern industrial society? This is gonna be by Steve gorm He's a policy advisor to Heartland Institute as well as other folks, and he'll discuss why net zero agenda is costly dangerous and destined for failure. And for full disclosure, I have two of his books. First one is The Mayd Mayd World of Climatism and the most reasonab one is Green Breakdown, The Cause of the coming renewable energy failures.
Speaker 4: And I am spoken with mister Gorham on multiple occasions. He is a regular guest of my night Cap shows and I know Steve very very well. In fact, you've probably heard him on some of my programs. And if you go to seven hundred WLW dot com the podcast page search Geary Jeff Walker, I'm sure you can find various multiple presentations of mister Gorham's research and his facts, and he's very ratic.
Speaker 46: He's very good and laugh but not least if people want to search. I looked at this and it's just it is funny, although this is serious. Make just search for Moscow Wastewater geyser and there's a number of clips and what articles and whatnot on it. But what you'll find is one of the captains I liked was one and eighty foot fountain the Feces Sewer.
Speaker 7: In dramatic video.
Speaker 46: This is from this last Monday, October twenty eighth, a powerful geyser of raw sewage was reportedly erupted from an underground pipeline in Russia, blasting sewage and debreed more than one hundred and eighty feet in the air, higher than a nearby seventeen story building, and lasted several minutes. This guyser sprayed raw sewage over residential buildings, buildings under construction, vehicles and public spaces. According to Moscow City officials, the incident happened due to a routine quote unquote air fumigation clean out procedure, and I will add went horribly wrong. I guess it did clean it out, but not whether they thought so. And of course, local authorities reported that the situation is under control, with cleanup crews on site to contain damage and minimize health risks.
Speaker 6: Who do these Russians think they are San Francisco?
Speaker 16: But I tell you, you look at it.
Speaker 46: It just it's funny, but it is very sad for anybody caught.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Steve, have a wonderful weekend and congratulations, congratulations on the last treatment. And we hope that's all you ever have to have me too, all right, brother, take care. Steve Shulty with us this morning. Rocko ahead.
Speaker 7: You better believe this is a big game.
Speaker 14: Hello, spikes them ball in the back of the outside were in.
Speaker 47: Bengals are looking to say their season when they line up against a two and six Raiders have a hop chops under the ground. The Orange and Black put a whoop one on a silver and back.
Speaker 39: Catch the call from Dan Wood and Dave Lap Coverage starts tomorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 26: What's the best place to reach new customers for your business wherever they are? And that's exactly where you can be With iHeartMedia. We talk to our listeners everywhere from the car, to the gym to the kitchen. Your next customer is listening. And not only can we get your message to your audience, we can also show you how it's working in real time. That goes for broad brand messaging and targeted hyperlocal influencer campaigns alike. Start growing your business today at iHeart Advertising dot com. That's iHeart Advertising dot com.
Speaker 23: A c R Gunnar Pools and spas call today and swim tomorrow ac R gunnar.
Speaker 6: Pools dot com.
Speaker 4: Turn the clock clocks back one hour one hour tonight.
Speaker 6: Yes, just a question. It's time to get physical with our main man.
Speaker 4: Rococostelano of Rococostellano dot com. That's R O C C O C A S T E L L A n O dot com. And here he is in the flesh on the phone anyway, Roco, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 18: In the flesh on the phone there, Gary, Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: So I gotta you sent me this article that you uh cranked out on rococostellano dot com. And it's I don't understand any of this using powdered gelatin instead of way or egg protein. What the hell is powdered gelatin? And why would I use powdered gelatin anyway?
Speaker 18: So for years, uh, you know most people will take their protein supplements as a wave protein and uh before that and now it's coming back egg you know egg protein and egg protein is is a more complete a protein. But a gelatin uh is made from uh you know, from a bovine, a bone and and a bone broth. And you know a bone broth has been a making uh like the headlines for a more joint uh a cordovascular brain health and uh and so another making a powdered a gelatine or a powdered version of the bone broth.
Speaker 4: Well it sounds it sounds absolutely delicious, rockco.
Speaker 18: Not Well it's well, no, I mean it's powdered.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 18: You know you make a bone broth, and bone broth is a good you know it tastes good. It's you have a chicken soup or or a beef a bone broth. And what's nice though, is that it's more bioavailable to the body. It the body absorbs it better. And also, uh, there's not if you have any any sensitivities like to egg or you know, or or to dairy because weeg protein is actually it comes from the waste of what cheese is made out of and why you know, and where's dairy. So so a lot of times if you have a sensitivity, the uh like the powered like the powdered gelatine is a better way to take in your protein supplementation.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Well I when I when I think of gelatine, I think of that awful green stuff they serve you when you're in the hospital and they won't give you anything else.
Speaker 7: Well, actually it is.
Speaker 18: It is one of the ways because a gelatin you know, well, a marshmallows and a gummy bears are actually made from gelatine.
Speaker 4: I don't like marshmallows or gummy bears. I'm just not a big fan of jet.
Speaker 18: You're gonna hate powdered gelatine, then, so go with the go with the way, and go with the eggs protein.
Speaker 4: Then all right, how about if I did to give you the How about if I have some steak and eggs for breakfast, I'll get my protein in baby.
Speaker 7: All right? Thanks?
Speaker 18: Well, there you go, Thanks Rocco.
Speaker 4: Seven fifteen on a Saturday morning, It's time for the Tom Davis Styaries to refer to them as the The're just weird funny stories from around the country and around the world, brought to you by our correspondent Tom Davis.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 34: You never know who's watching when you finally stop faking it.
Speaker 6: But first, a woman who's been.
Speaker 34: Arrested several times for shoplifting has now been banned from wearing wigs. This happened in jolly Old London, of all places, with all their very wiggy history. Hannah Roberts was told by a judge he's no longer allowed to wear hair pieces due to her crimes.
Speaker 6: Almost all of her.
Speaker 34: Shoplifting has been done using a variety of different hair color, shapes and sizes. Now I don't know if she can appeal or if King Charles just throws her in a dungeon or something. Anyway, ever since pickleball took off, people been trying to find the next big sport organizers of competitive butt.
Speaker 6: Slapping hope they've found it.
Speaker 34: It's two people slapping each other's rear ends until one gives up up. The matches take place in an octagon, just like the UFC, some of the audience booing, some of the audience cheering, and the rest of the perverts just a little too into it. Meanwhile, a baby kangaroo named Irwin was recently found hopping in the streets of Durango, Colorado. Now, before you start going crazy about exotic pet owners, it is legal for private citizens to own a kangaroo in Colorado. Cops grabbed up the little guy, got him home safely, even made a little Facebook video about it. And Finally, a woman who told her boss that she would be out for six to eight weeks because she was recovering from surgery has been fired after investigators caught her on video at.
Speaker 6: A dance club.
Speaker 34: Vera Cruz was on a post op sick leave for an alleged bunyan surgery when she was caught on cameraon doing some high energy dance moves. She sued, but the court found the firing was fair, considering she was supposed to be down and out for weeks. And instead was pulling off a pretty decent, glorious step on in Miami SA Machine. Next week, man finds brother and wife having relations in car and.
Speaker 6: His mom in the front seat. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Overheard at the latest Scott Sloane fan club meeting.
Speaker 10: All right, next on the agenda, who would you win a fight between Sloaney and Bigfoot?
Speaker 6: I love my man Sloaney, but I gotta go with Bigfoot.
Speaker 31: My mother's huge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But it's Sloaney smart.
Speaker 18: He could like build a catapult or something and catapult Bigfoot's big butt out of the forest.
Speaker 29: I don't think Sloaney would fight Bigfoot.
Speaker 6: He'd find a way to be his friend. I bet Sloaney would just kick him in his Bigfoot nuts.
Speaker 8: Scott Sloan Monday morning at nine and catch his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app look Alive Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: The crowd Royal Riga is headed your.
Speaker 1: Waist at mid thirty mark with the clear sky, some patchy frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain from severe weather station. I'm nine first warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred LW.
Speaker 37: Wright night Yex on Saturday eighty one, Liam Tomlinson, you were correct earlier.
Speaker 4: Ohio high school football already in the playoff action.
Speaker 6: Last night.
Speaker 4: Steve Shulty, who is a proud Lesal grad, wanted me to let you know that in the first quarter LaSalle was leading Monroe thirty four to nothing. The final score in playoff action LaSalle sixty nine, Monroe twenty one. These are the playoff playoffs. Everybody got to play next week Kings at Lasal. So they're just a little bit of the high school playoff picture. As Friday Night Lights continues on this Saturday morning.
Speaker 10: Yes, that time of the year, you know, once you hit November and all the leaves turned orange and start falling off the tree, it's one of the best times for football. Some other high school football scores from around the area. Taff dominated ken Ridge fifty to seven. Clinton Massy beat Roger Baker forty one to seven.
Speaker 4: Oh that's west Side. Jim's Almamada Roger Baker and he played football there. They sucked them too.
Speaker 6: Is he a Hall of Famer? Is the allegid? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: Saint Bernard Elmwood Play shut out Dayton Christian fifty four to nothing. Mount Healthy defeated ak In fifty six to twenty. Paris pounded Ludlow fifty two to twelve. Lakota West shutout Walnut Hills forty nine to nothing. Per Sell Marion thirty four, paint Valley twenty one, Bellevue top Jackson County forty to six. Newport held Holy Cross scoreless, winning thirty seven to nothing. SAT Next beat Milford forty one to nothing, and King's defeated wilf Withrow ten to nothing. FC Cincinnati back in action with the first round of the playoffs. Pregame coverage begins at four thirty. Kickoff is set for five to ten. With a win tonight, they advanced to Round two against New York City FC Tonight, catch all the action on Fox Sports thirteen to six.
Speaker 4: You know, I wonder about this. They're playing in New York at City Field. That's where the Mets play, right, Yes, How come a big city like the Big Apple doesn't have their own specific soccer stadium.
Speaker 7: I believe we do.
Speaker 10: I believe New York FC right now is working on a pretty nice facility, and I'm by Yankee Stadium if I'm not mistaken, all.
Speaker 6: Right, all right, okay, please continue. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: College football, you see, football is a bye this week, but return next Saturday to face West Virginia. And at noon, Number four Ohio State travels to Happy Valley to play number three Pence State.
Speaker 6: That's a big time Big ten matchup to start the day.
Speaker 10: And number twenty SMU hosts undefeated in eighteenth rank Pittsburgh tonight and that's the best start for pitt since Dan Marino strapped it up for them back in the day.
Speaker 6: That kickoff is at eight. That's all you got. That's all we need. That's all we need right now.
Speaker 31: Okay.
Speaker 4: Bengals and Raiders tomorrow Pey Corpse Stadium. Our coverage begins at nine a m. And then the all the action here on the Home of the best Bengals covered seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: You can order it hot or ice in classic UDF flavors like Highland Grog UDF made.
Speaker 6: For you, Hey football fans.
Speaker 34: Rocky Yere encouraging you to save big at Airport Ford get their discounted price then deduct Ford rebates and another two to four.
Speaker 39: Powered byke Tove Sheldon on seven hundred wow, a home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 6: All right, Tony Pike, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Good morning, buddy? All Right?
Speaker 20: The Bengals have lost every game T Higgins has not played in this past Sunday, they look like they were not firing on all cylinders once again with no T Higgins? Is this what the Bengals offense is going to look like when T Higgins goes by by next year?
Speaker 21: Unfortunately, for right now, it is because they are failing to figure out who wide receiver number three is. They drafted Jermaine Burton and from the talk this week, he's going to get more opportunities. But andre Yoshibash has disappeared at times. They haven't gotten consistent play from the tight ends, and they've not been able to run the ball consistently. From an offensive standpoint, that makes them literally one dimensional with Jamar Chase. When T.
Speaker 25: Higgins isn't out there, t.
Speaker 21: Spreads the field so well, he does not allow double teams. He evens out the numbers in the box with the running game, So right now they are not from a coaching and scheme standpoint doing enough to out scheme opponents. With t Higgins not in the game, they're just relying on how good T Higgins and Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow are. That's going to have to change if they want to be serious about winning this year and if they want to have success going forward without t Higgins, then.
Speaker 20: We have issues on the defense as well. And that just seems like the problem. There is personnel across the board, especially the D line.
Speaker 21: What do you think, Yeah, look, this team, you're not going to do anything in the NFL if you can't get after a disrupt the passer. And this team is one of the worst of the NFL at doints. So and the problem last game is that Trey Hendrickson had a bad game, and that's going to happen from time to time.
Speaker 7: You're going to have bad games.
Speaker 21: But they are not equipped for Trey Hendrickson to have bad games because no one else is picking up that production. So it's interest they have to find ways. Lou and Arumo has to find ways to generate pressure outside of just the front four if this team's going to have any success, because that pass rush can help the secondary. They can help the safeties. They don't have to cover as long they can make plays, So they have to find ways to get after the passer. If it's not just relying on Trey Henderson.
Speaker 6: You believe they'll get it done against the Raiders.
Speaker 21: I think the Raiders are a perfect matchup for this team. They're a team in the Raiders that's already pretty much selling on this season. So questions at QUARTERBACKNX Crosby, they don't know if he's going to be there. I'd love to see him in a Bengal uniform. But it's a good matchup for the Bengals in a lot of ways, and an opportunity to get to four and five. And if they do so, you have to have the conversation, with next week's trade deadline looming, if it makes sense for this team to try to make a move to push the Chips all in knowing that this is one of the last opportunities with t Higgins.
Speaker 7: As well, no doubt.
Speaker 6: All right, got to run Tony Bike. Thanks a much. We'll do it again next week, all right, buddy, imagine being Cincinnati's famous quarterback.
Speaker 20: Of dot com Gonna get the best value the best selection and hands down the best price, all waiting for you.
Speaker 6: Eleven dealerships around town.
Speaker 20: Chevy and Hyundai in Alexandria, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, VW and Hundai in Florence, Fort Buick GMC in Tri County. Carry Automotive is right by you in every way.
Speaker 14: Here's the ratios forecast.
Speaker 6: It's Julie out there this morning.
Speaker 1: Tempters right around that mid thirty mark with the clear skies and patty frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain from you severe weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 41: Sun is up, Skies are clear. It is thirty six degrees right now at eight oh five. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at eight thirty on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. He was Radio seven hundred WLW B.
Speaker 6: And service your Sprinter Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell. Can't you get another hour of this Saturday morning edition?
Speaker 4: Eight o'clock out for Saturday, November twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff walking with you. We turned back the clocks one hour tonight, so tomorrow at this time it won't be this time, it will be seven o six if you're in the Eastern time zone.
Speaker 6: I'm confused.
Speaker 48: I need.
Speaker 6: A steady, learned voice to tell me about some science.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 6: Let's get science, Mike.
Speaker 31: Yes, as a night and scientist, you get surprising at the bell, blinding me.
Speaker 6: With good morning, Michael?
Speaker 14: How are you brother?
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I just need an app this morning. Usually I'm bright eyed, bushy. I know I get an extra hour and I'm gonna need all of my strength that I can muster between now an election day, because of course my wife and I Chris to two point zero, who's out there right now? Good morning, christ to two point oh, Good morning Brooksy the cat dog. And now Brooksy did not get registered to vote, so we can't bring him with us to the polse we are going on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Have you voted early, sir?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I'm an election and I'm one of those people who believe election day should be a national holiday. One day, no excuses unless you're sick or out of the country. You've got to show up on election day in person. I believe in paper ballots, you know all of that, and it should be and it should be it should be required that all board of elections all over the country, regardless us of where they are or how late it is, should have their ballots counted and an official result by midnight on election day.
Speaker 6: We've done it in the past. It should be done every every.
Speaker 49: Election day that way, Thank you, Pennsylvania. Yeah, yeah, no doubt waits grew of the country. Before we get to our topic, Arry, Jeff, did you would you be able to come across the bridge this morning?
Speaker 7: Was that open northbound?
Speaker 4: Somebody told me that it was four seventy one was open northbound. Southbound is going to be down for months. I mean, they've got to replace all of that steel underneath that got melted and compromised.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 49: The warping temperature for carbon steel is almost a thousand degrees fahrenheit, right, And I kind of find it hard to believe that the fire on the ground and the height of that bridge got enough high enough temperature to warp that.
Speaker 7: The warp that steel without having some other accele that those.
Speaker 6: Constructions were using to have an accelerant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I or that might have started too, I'm not you know, well, yeah they've been.
Speaker 4: They've been doing all these inspections on the bridge and all this work on the bridge. You wonder if something went awry. Yeah, we'll see how that played out, right, So uh.
Speaker 49: Uh UFO if we have we have the I didn't know we had a database for UFOs called the Data National UFO Reporting Center Database.
Speaker 7: So what what they did? They found them?
Speaker 49: What done the states are you most likely to survive a UFO invasion? So it's a zero to ten scale, and uh, the most likely state to survive is uh is Virginia.
Speaker 7: Now, how they picked Virginia was based on the the environment of the state because.
Speaker 49: There's a lot of caves and forced covers and you can actually kind of run into the hills in case you get invaded. And once we have a lot of military armament around there because of the naval basis and things like that. And obviously the way you think the worst state is to evade an alien invasion.
Speaker 4: In other words, if you're a resident of this state, your odds are lower of surviving the extraterrestrial invasion.
Speaker 7: Virginia was eight.
Speaker 49: Well, Virginia was eight out of ten, by the way, So this other state goes on the other end. What what was the least likely state to survive It's pretty obvious, but Nevada together. So obviously they have a lot more UFO sightings in Nevada because for whatever reason, I don't know. I just think it's commonly related to our military secret.
Speaker 4: I mean, they may all they may all be emanating from Nevada, from Area fifty one or somewhere else.
Speaker 6: You know, who knows.
Speaker 49: So if you have a UFO invasion, just get get get to Virginia. The high I was not on the top ten list, by the way, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: So I mean, do you do you feel fairly confident that Ohio could survive an alien invasion?
Speaker 7: I got, I'm loaded, I got, I got some things in the say. I'm good.
Speaker 4: Of course, I don't know about a Haitian invasion. We'll build that wall and it comes exactly. Thank you, Michael. Have a great weekend. Uh, John, real quickly, I don't have a whole lot of time. What was your comment on the election.
Speaker 50: I'm just leaving the Clarmont County Board of Elections and it's an unbelievable site.
Speaker 51: There's people in line to vote today, literally a quarter of a mile.
Speaker 6: Wow, that is amazing. I will be voting.
Speaker 4: I will be voting at my usual polling place on Tuesday with my wife, and I'm looking forward to a very very short line, if any lines at all. We have been there every you know, I'm sorry. The reason there are such long lines is that both parties have encouraged this, the early voting, and there's intense, intense, you know, interest in what happens in this presidential election for obvious reasons.
Speaker 51: And if it matters, most of them appeared to be Trump supported.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Republicans have got out to vote early, and it certainly matters to me. I'm happy about that. We'll take a break. It's eight twelve, Rick Green on the way in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: This weekend daylight savings time ends. Why cost. That's what Americans do. When we wanted to break the sound barrier, we PLoP Chuck Yeager in a plane and we broke that sound barrier. Couse, that's what Americans do. And when we want the sun to rise earlier, change time, cos that's what Americans do. So this weekend, set your clocks back one hour cos that's what Americans do. A runbinder from seven hundred wl.
Speaker 23: Job at ACR Gunnar Pools and Spas call today and swim tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Acrgunnar Pools dot com. Hello, it's me the designer jeans in the back of your closet? What happened to us?
Speaker 48: I used to sumwhere in the Hamptons, and now I'm stuck behind a pair of sweats.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe I never really fit you right, but I got a lot more Sunday Fundays left in me. So take me to Goodwill where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 52: Your donations to Goodwill create jobs, training programs, and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org. Donate stuff, Create Jobs. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 4: Your forecasts beautiful weekend really at least today sunshine, a high a sixty five clear overnight. Turn the clock back one hour before you go to bed. Warmer on Sunday, chants with a high around seventy one. It is thirty six at seven hundred WLW men over forty five. Do you have a frequent urgent need to urinate or a week flow? Do you sign that's no bad?
Speaker 2: Solaz Cab and Kindess Sales.
Speaker 4: Eight fifteen talking about no eternal love, about the Word of God, truth, positivity on the radio.
Speaker 6: How about that for a switch?
Speaker 4: Rick Green from Spiritwork Cincinnati joined us again. Brother Green, how are you this morning?
Speaker 25: I'm awesome, Gary, I'm having a beautiful Saturday morning. I've been praying for you and your leftler, I've been praying for the world. I'm just an awesome positioner right there. Gary, My fearit is super high.
Speaker 4: That's great. That's great. So I think it's contagious. So let's spread that. What have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 25: From the Word of God, we have Leronomy thirty one, verse eight. It says the Lord himself goes before you, and he will be with you. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.
Speaker 7: Gary, I love that verse. I meditate on that verse a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a great, great verse to share.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 6: What I have found is that.
Speaker 4: When if I start to stray, the Lord's always pulling me back. He's always calling me back, and you know, and and sometimes you feel like you know, you just you just don't feel like God's there and He's always there, and you're right, he never will leave you.
Speaker 25: Man.
Speaker 6: It's important stuff to remember. I do too. I do too. It's good to talk to you. Any any other news.
Speaker 25: We having a meeting today and then me Savant, you know, the director and my publicist. We're getting close wrapping up to FAM and I'm just excited about this meeting and knowing to see what Savan got to show us.
Speaker 4: All Right, fantastic, Rick, have a blessed weekend, and thank you for blessing us.
Speaker 7: You got to have a blessed there, all right.
Speaker 4: You've been eight seventeen at seven hundred WLWW.
Speaker 8: This morning at nine, Mike Allen bites the latest wave of ridiculousness with Karate like discipline on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 36: iHeartRadio has the twenty twenty four presidential election covered with Decision twenty twenty four. Listen for real time results and updates. Has the votes come in from key races to the national trends. Our team will cover it all Tuesday nights. Stay informed and stay connected on the go with your free iHeartRadio WIP.
Speaker 29: Just open the app and search news and Keith listening a People First Presidency, Make America Great Again.
Speaker 6: Decision twenty twenty four on iHeartRadio min It's Jilli out there this morning.
Speaker 1: Tempters right around that mid thirty mark with the clear sky and PATCHI frost not out of the question. Good news is we warm up further than what we had yesterday. Tempters reached the mid sixties. We're at seventy tomorrow with a slight chance for rain from severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 37: Friday Night, Yolks on Saturday morning? Do we get touchdowns without T Higgins?
Speaker 4: Tomorrow at pay Court Stadium, the Bengals look for their first win at home on the year against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 6: Liam Tomlinson with the tail of the tape.
Speaker 10: Pregame coverage begins at nine. Kickoff is set for one. You can catch all the Bengals action on the Home of the Best Bengals Coverage, seven hundred WLW. The first round of the MLS Playoffs continues tonight for FC Cincinnati. The Orange and Blue traveled to New York to face off against New York City FC in Game two of a best of three series. But a win tonight sends the Orange blue a round to Pregame coverage begins at four point thirty, kickoff set of five to ten. Catch all the action on Fox Sports thirteen to six. Maam, tell me this is the Columbus Crew waiting in the wings if FC Cincinnati wins. This Columbus Crew lost their first game in the first round.
Speaker 6: Actually, okay, so they don't have three games in the first round either.
Speaker 10: Well, they do, but they have to win tomorrow against the New York City Red Bulls that even have a chance.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, so the hell is real thing may not be real at all, just depending on what happened with the sign going down? Is hell is still real? Yes, it is still very real.
Speaker 10: You see football as by this week, but return next Saturday to face West Virginia Big Time football at noon today. Number four Ohio State travels a Happy Valley to play Number three Penn State. UK travels to Knoxville to face number seven Tennessee. That kickoff is at seven forty five. You can listen to that on ESPN fifteen thirty. Number thirteen Indiana Hoosiers travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans.
Speaker 6: Indiana looks to move to nine to zero on the year.
Speaker 10: That kickoff is at three and another top twenty five matchup today. Number twenty SMU hosts undefeated and eighteenth ranked Pittsburgh Tonight. Pittsburgh has its best start since Dan Marino was the quarterback. That kickoff is at eight. That is going back quite a way. As anything else to report. College basketball opens up this week. Some high school football scores from around the area. I want to give a special shout out to Taylor High School. They beat or Ban a forty three to six to get their first playoff win in the last few years. It's been a while for them and wanted to congratulate them. Indian Hill fifty north Ridge fourteen, London defeated Ross thirty nine to fourteen. Harrison forty three, Troy seven. Baden edged out a fourteen to twelve win over Trotwood.
Speaker 6: Madison.
Speaker 10: Lakota East topped West Claremont forty two to twenty eight. New Richmond feld to Valley View twenty to twenty six. Wilmington edged out a thirty seven to thirty four victory over Batavia Waynesville forty two, Madison nine and Pricell Marion thirty four Paint Valley twenty one.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, sir Moe Egger to talk some more sports after the news and gifts from Wally right around the corner on a Saturday morning on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 29: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Els Beauty.
Speaker 42: Sources had reported it, but now it's official. The Indiana Fever have hired Stephanie White to be their new head coach. White spent six seasons as assistant and then head coach of the team from twenty eleven to twenty sixteen, and most recently served as head coach of the Connecticut Sun, leading that team to consecutive WNBA Semi Finals appearances and earning twenty twenty three WNBA Coach of the Year honors. For more women's sports story, subscribe a good game of Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Eighty four percent of sports fans are into women's sports, but they only get fifteen percent of the media coverage.
Speaker 6: Doesn't add up. As a founding partner of Iheartwest.
Speaker 14: From NewsRadio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 1: It's a chilly one out there this morning, temperatures in the mid thirties, but we do warm relatively quickly. We got lots of sunshine and tempters hit the mid sixty marks, so above average temperatures. Tomorrow even warmer will end up right around seventy, but there will be rain chances throughout the day. From you Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 41: Sunny thirty six degrees right now. I'm Sandy Collins. Our next update at nine o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Good Morning, Kid's time. Who gives from Wally and a special hello to Wally himself. This morning.
Speaker 4: When Dogs go to the movies, guy goes sits down at the movie theater, got his popcorn, got his coat, and all of a sudden, this lady comes and sits next to him, and next to her is her service dog, big beautiful Collie. The movie starts and the man notices that the Collie the dog is laughing at all the right place all the places where he's laughing, where she's laughing, the dog laughs too. This goes on for like the first hour of the movie, and there's a lull in the action on the screen and he leans over the woman and whispers, excuse me, but I think it's astounding that your dog enjoys this movie so much. She replied, I'm pretty surprised myself. He hated the book.
Speaker 22: Seven HUNDREDLW Cincinnati available every wear with the iHeartRadio app down number one more podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 40: Hey everyone, it's Jay Shatty and I am so excited to let you know that my latest podcast interview is with the one and only Tom Hikes.
Speaker 23: I have left many wonderful atmosphere or a loving atmosphere without thinking, Oh, things were really wonderful back then.
Speaker 31: I wish I was back there, Jay, I don't think I've ever thought that.
Speaker 40: Listen to On Purpose to Jay Shatty on America's number one podcast network, iHeart Open your Free ihea upp Unsearch on Purpose.
Speaker 53: Game Day is Lear's Prime Market Day, your one stoptailgate shop this football season. Lear's Prime Market in Milford offers fresh meat sausages made to order, huge tailgate sandwiches, hwings, dips, and everything for your tailgateway including beer, andy, steate, liquor store learsprimemarket dot com.
Speaker 6: Hear that it's the sound of a gourmet meal.
Speaker 48: You didn't have to lift a finger to prepare because with Factor you get chef prepared, ready to eat meals delivered.
Speaker 6: Picture this a juicy filet mignon.
Speaker 48: You'd find it your favorite steakhouse with roasted broccolini, rich four cheese, tordellini and rosemary sage butternuts squash taste you than your typical Tuesday dinner. Right, Get Factor and go from fridge to fork in just two minutes. Factor all your meals made easy. What's the best place to reach new customers for your business?
Speaker 6: Wherever they are? And that's exactly where you can be.
Speaker 26: With iHeartMedia, we talk to our listeners everywhere from the car, to the gym to the kitchen. Your next customer is listening, and not only can we get your message to your audience, we can also show you how it's working in real time. That goes for broad brand messaging and targeted hyper local influencer campaigns alike. Start growing your business today dial pound two fifty and say great results. That's pound two fifty, say great results. For the Claremont County of Veteran Service Commission, every day is Veterans Day. Are accredited and experience service officers are standing by to help veterans with a variety of services. By fighting a disability claim, applying for VA healthcare, our unexpected emergency financial assistance, and we can provide free transportation from your home to VA medical appointments. Let us thank you for your service by helping you get the benefits you've earned and the best part the services we provide our free contact us today at Claremont County Veterans dot com.
Speaker 4: A tomorrow the Bengals at pay Court Stadium, hoping not to go back jack and do it again at home, I eat lose to the Las Vegas Raiders to discuss this and much more.
Speaker 6: The one and Only Moegger joins us, Hey, Mo, how you doing what's going on?
Speaker 7: I'm great?
Speaker 6: You fantastic.
Speaker 4: I know we're kind of moving out of the season a little bit, but I'm just curious. After seeing after seeing a post by President Trump online, how is your club clubhead speed as opposed to Mark Cubans.
Speaker 11: My clubhead speed is getting better and better. Good, that's good, Yeah, better and better.
Speaker 6: We're curious.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Tomorrow the Bengals once again will take the field at pay Course Stadium, their home field, and try to get their first win of the season at that home field. And usually you have a home field advantage. I mean most most teams in the NFL do have home field advantages. That's why when betting lines come out, it's it's a given that the home team is going to get three points somewhere, you know, to move what the odds are. Like, if you're a home team and you get a one and a half point advantage, you're favored by one and a half. It means that you know, there's a three point swing in what the bookies would normally say. Uh And by the way, the Bengals at home having a multi point advantage, it still hasn't mattered. So can can Vegas be getting this wrong this much? Or what's the disue? What's the issue with playing at home?
Speaker 11: Well, there's a lot of them. And what's interesting about that is handicappers will tell you that that that three point swing for the home team has changed and now it's about a point.
Speaker 18: And a half advantage.
Speaker 11: Okay, the home the home field advantage has from a wagering standpoint, has shrunk. It was that way for years, and I think most handicappers would tell you that that it's usually you know, if you take two teams that would be a pick them on a neutral field and you move them to one team stadium or the other, the line will move by a point and a half where it used to be three. The obvious answer is Gary Jeffter just not very good. And you know that there's large enough sample size for us to be able to say that can they get better?
Speaker 21: Sure?
Speaker 11: Can they take advantage of a schedule that still has a lot of teams like the Las Vegas Raiders on it? Yeah? But you know, I think we all thought after the Patriots game, the first game of the season, well that's kind of fluky, right, you know, they didn't tackle well, Joe wasn't quite comfortable, okay. And then the second home game, it was when you know the Washington Commanders are really good offensively, which they are, Jane Daniels tore them up, and when the pass rush will get better and it hasn't, and so some of the issues that we saw early in the season that we thought would be rectified simply have not. And the result is, you know, look, the Philadelphia Eagles have just a better roster. I'm not sure they have a better quarterback, but they have a better roster, and so the better team won the football game. But yeah, I mean, you know, for a team that Chamar Chase said early in the season was quote the team to beat in the AFC, We're going to flip the calendar to November, and they haven't won a home game yet. You can't beat at any conference. If you can't win a home game in two months, maybe they can tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I don't play professional football, nor would I ever have dared to, even when I was younger.
Speaker 6: I'm just not built for that.
Speaker 4: I remember I remember coming home from eighth grade football practice in junior high school and I just looked at my mom. I've got my pads and stuff on, and I'm just like exhausted and broke. I said, Mom, I don't think I think I'm going to just concentrate on basketball because this hurts. And so anyway, I'm not going to comment on anybody who has been oft injured this season only to ask this, is it possible that a player in the NFL could have franchise tag flu? Because you know, being forced to take eighteen or twenty million dollars to play a season is just too much to ask their psyche or their ego.
Speaker 11: No, I'll go back to New Year's Eve. Last year, T Higgins was legitimately injured, and what was he doing in that game? Willing himself back onto the field without his coaches even milling. That's the guy who was going into his free agency year and was playing hurt. I am always hesitant to question whether or not as player is legitimately injured, and I think even more so. Look, the reason why the Bengals didn't give T Higgins the contract that he was looking for is they have legitimate concerns as to whether or not he can stay on the field. Those concerns have only been amplified this year. So I find it hard to believe that with a very good agent and a smart agent, that T. Higgins would formulate a strategy that would only feed those concerns as to whether or not he's actually injured.
Speaker 18: Now, I think what will be interesting is.
Speaker 11: If we get to. You know, remember twenty nineteen, Taylor's first year, AJ Green got injured on the first day of training camp and didn't play the entire season. But by the time we got to November and December, AJ was out there running around before games. He was just never playing and the team was terrible, so you could argue, but there was no real reason for AJ to go out there. I think what would be interesting is if this continues to go south, if you know he can go, but he won't because you know, why go out there for games that don't matter. But the player that I have seen over the course of his career has done everything he can to be on the field. He just has a hard time staying healthy. And you know, it's one of the most interesting dilemmas in the NFL because you've seen how much better the Bengals are when he's out there. You've seen his value to the team when he plays. He just doesn't play enough. And that's not a new thing, and that's why, you know, the Bengals aren't the only team that feels this way. You know, the ESPN this offseason did a ranking of the top ten players at every position. T Higgins was not listed among the top ten. He was not listed among like the honorable mention or however they frese right, And along with that, one personnel person said, you know, number one, he plays in an offense where they have another guy who's equally as good as not better. Number two, he's not healthy enough for us to consider him a top ten wide receiver. So I don't know, if your tea, why you would do anything to intentionally amplify those concerns.
Speaker 6: No, and I get what you're saying, and it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a shame because you know, when he's healthy, he's just so uber talented, and getting him out there has been an issue. Jermaine Burton has to be an answer if the Bengals offense is going to you know, get better, get good enough to win games.
Speaker 6: Jermaine Burton is a key, right.
Speaker 11: Oh absolutely, and a in the absence of t Higgins, he in the absence of anybody else. You know, early in the season, when Jermaine wasn't being used, and you know you were hearing things about, well, he doesn't know the playbook and maybe he's falling asleep in meetings, you could say, well, they have all these other guys they can use.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 11: Andre Yoshabas has as many catches as I do over the last two games. The production from the tight end position Mike is sicky. Had a pretty productive game last week until we fumbled, But the tight end position production is kind of leveled off. And so you've got a guy that you took from a high major program Georgia. You know, it's not like Andre Joshabas, who they took from Princeton in the sixth round. This is a third rounder from a major SEC school. The athletic profile is very easy to see when he's out there you're dressing him for games. And Joe said it this week, he is he has merited more playing time. Now you know, it's up to him to take advantage of it. But yeah, I mean when I've brought this up and people say, well, you know what, if he doesn't know the playbook, well teach him the playbook, you know. And number two, all you gotta have him do is run straight down the field and take a defender with him. And if he can beat his man down, so you have to get.
Speaker 7: Him the football.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, And in the absence of.
Speaker 11: That, well else you got and the answer for the Bengals in recent weeks has been none.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a shame, you know, it's really a shame. You I talked about a possible franchise tag flu. What about players who just I mean can't get out of their own way? And I'm referring, of course, to Anthony Richardson of the Indianapolis Colts, who took himself out of the game because he was tired. He was tired, MO, I mean, you get tired. I've been tired all morning. But you know, I'm hunging in there, hanging in there to make it to nine o'clock. But I'm really tired. I should have, you know, told Liam or something. Can you bring somebody in here to finish the last half hour? I'm exhausted. Any common on the on the fatigue of Anthony Richardson and what's what's going on inside the dude's head?
Speaker 11: Well, I guess two questions. Number one, hell was sitting at one play going to make him not tired anymore. Number two, even if you take yourself out for being tired, be smart enough to say, you know.
Speaker 18: What I had to win, knocked out of me.
Speaker 11: Or or something like that. You know, like a legitimate excuse. Yeah, hey, I I took one where it hurts and I had to le like some say I had to pee like anything anything besides yeah, I'm just tired.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: And look, you know, Joe Flacco is going to play quarterbacks to the Colts this weekend. And you could argue, just from a productivity standpoint, he's been better, but I I would imagine that Anthony temporarily so at least lost a lot of his teammates.
Speaker 4: With that, With that, with what happened in Cleveland, which seems to always happen with Cleveland quarterbacks Deshaun Watson, you know done. Is the NFL going to start rethinking these multi year, guaranteed, mega million dollar contracts. I mean, I know, quarterback is the pre eminent position. It's you get a franchise quarterback, you always got a chance to win an NFL game. You just got to pack the talent around them that compliments them. But the money that is being thrown around out there to no end in many cases just astonishes me.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, you mentioned the key word guaranteed.
Speaker 18: It's not the amount.
Speaker 11: The amount's not going to change, you know, because look, I mean everybody knows what the NFL's revenues are. Players get roughly half that number gets divided among thirty two teams, and the quarterbacks are going to get the most. The Cleveland Browns threw things off kilter with the guaranteed money that they gave Deshaun Watson, but the reality is it is a quarterback driven league. Teams are desperate to have them, they're desperate to get them, and they're desperate to keep them. And so you know, there was there was always going to be a moment where we started to talk about it. The most important position, guaranteed money, right, that was always going to happen. I think what's been interesting is now we're seeing it at wide receiver, which is, you know, something that Jamar Chays from the Bengals have handled over and so, okay, once the top end wide receivers get guaranteed money, what's the next position? Is it left hackle? Is it edge rusher? And look, there are arguments for and against it. Man, I mean, I like, I understand if I'm an NFL player and I look at the guaranteed money that baseball players get and that the NBA players get, Yeah, I want some of that right, And I could understand from an ownership perspective and a sport where you're more likely to get hurt than the others, why am I going to guarantee the salary? I think the short answer to your question is no, because teams are going to do anything they can to get quarterbacks and keep them. But you know, look, if there's ever going to be a redoing of how things get done in the NFL, it's not going to happen for seven years because the CBA is not up until then, right, and so, but look that that Cleveland Browns thing has blown up in everybody's face, and I think a lot of people thought, well, you know, Deshaun Watson's going to sort of reset the bar for what quarterbacks get, and that really hasn't happened quite to the extent that people would have thought. Lamar Jackson has gone a bunch of guaranteed money, but he's a two time MVP. Joe Burrow has got a lot of guaranteed money. He's taking the team to the Super Bowl. Deshaun Watson has done neither of those things right.
Speaker 4: And I thought it was a big mistake when they signed him. Not because of the money, just because he hadn't shown me he had half a good season in Houston and all of us and he's the next big thing.
Speaker 6: I I just never saw it with him.
Speaker 11: Maybe it wasn't just that they brought him in, It wasn't just that they paid him. The draft picks they gave up you get them, you know, that's the thing that would drive me. No, it's if I'm a Brown fan, because those picks are all players that would be on my team right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean for my money, if it was my money, which thankfully it's not, I don't have anywhere near that kind of money. But I think JJ Watt would be one of the highest paid players in the in the NFL right now the season that guy's happened in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Yeah, no, no, no question.
Speaker 11: But you know it is, is that the next position edge rusher that's going to start getting guaranteed money. I think five years ago people would have said no way, and now I think it's it's not only possible, it's likely.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, you can have your franchise quarterback, but if you've got somebody on your defense that eats other teams franchise quarterbacks for breakfast. Sign him up, Sign them up right now. Any quick comments on the just ended World Series this past week.
Speaker 11: That World Series showed you why you got to invest in players that can play defense. Right if you watch the five games? What did the Dodgers do? They made the plays in the field. What did the Yankees not do? Didn't make the plays in the field. And sometimes they were physical errors. Aaron Judges dropped the ball in the fifth inning, sort of opening the floodgates for the Dodgers in the fifth inning. Sometimes it's a defensive misque that you can't really chart in the box score. Garrett Cole not covering first base on a ball hit to the first baseman that would have ended the inning. So you want to sling it back to the local team here. We talked a lot about what the Reds have to do with their roster. They must be better defensively in twenty twenty five than they were last year.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, any big plans for the weekend.
Speaker 11: Moough Bengals Raiders tomorrow pregame show at the Holy Grail at nine am.
Speaker 6: There you go, thanks, brother, have a great one.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 6: Moegar with us on a Saturday morning and counselor how are you? I'm good? How about you? Are you ready for this thing to this dog and pony show to end? I sure, I am yeah, And of course it ends on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: But it won't end on Tuesday. Well, Arizona came out, Arizona. Yeah, the ads, thank god. Now the real law message, now, the real law fair begins in courts all over the country. That's why Democrats and Republicans have sent lawyers to every corner.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean you should have gotten some of that money. No, I better look into that, but it's not gonna Arizona came out three weeks ago and said it would be ten to twelve days before they have final elections.
Speaker 6: Your kid, how can they know that far out? But it's going to take a week and a half. That's crazy. After election day, I guess the days of knowing before you go to bed, or at least when you wake.
Speaker 4: Up, or over early in person voting going on right now in Ohio, also going on in kentuck YEP in the Commonwealth.
Speaker 6: What's on the show today, Well, you just mentioned early voting.
Speaker 50: We're gonna be talking to Sherry Poland of the She's the director of the Hamilton County Board of Elections. I'm going to ask her how early voting has gone in Hamilton County. Got Orlando Sonza, Gary, Jeff, I think he's closing in on a win against ancestor.
Speaker 6: Can you think congressional race, Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 50: Going in it was kind of a tough nut to crack, but Orlando has done such a great job. Going to talk to Judge Megan Shanahan, she is running for a seat on the Ohio Supreme Court. If not talk much about that. Going to talk to Bill Sites about State Issue one. Bill obviously is against it, and it's always fun and interesting to talk.
Speaker 6: To Bill Sites.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, what exactly happens if Issue one passes in Ohio? How will the district lines be redrawn.
Speaker 50: By a fifteen person committee of so called non biased people, which how they're crazy? Who selects those none by? Well, they're selected by I knew you'd have to ask me. I think, believe it or not, Court of Appeals judges. It's just it's a rude Goldberg contraption that's not gonna work. The ballot language goes on three or four pages. It's look, they want to get rid of jerry mandering. All that would do, all Issue one would do if it passes, is make jerry mandering even worse. Yeah, it's just it's a it's a bad thing. It's a trojan horse, and that thing cannot pass.
Speaker 4: So instead of having elected people in the legislature determine the districts, they have unelected unaccountable people.
Speaker 6: You determine the districts, and you know, you know who those people will be.
Speaker 50: You know, Professor this, you know Professor that, this, do Gooder, That's exactly what will happen. And like I said, this is important, and this thing's gotta go down in flames.
Speaker 6: There's no way that we need academia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, determining congressional district All right, listen, we got to run after the show. Show at Huddles and Mike Allen Saturday midday, coming up next here on the seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Men, if you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe proactive Men's Medical Center, we'll get your sex life back in just one visit. They're painless,