Speaker 1: It's that time of the month. Time to get ha D. It's the Hard Foundation bonus episode. We're the your hosts.
Speaker 2: The Major King, Matcdona, maxim Ammendment, Brian Myers, and Doctor Silverables himself slock Clock Star.
Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to the Heart Foundation bonus episode for.
Speaker 3: The month of.
Speaker 1: July twenty twenty one. I am joined by the newly called Up to the ww Superstars, first wearing a loose cannon shirt.
Speaker 3: What this wasn't available on May first, two thousand and seven. My name is Brian Majors. For the sake of this podcast aka the most Professional Wrestler, crackup BBR with me, Brian Myers. What's up everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian? You we really have I can tell you have hell of a mask beard right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're an uh you know slam Versares next weekend, So I'm gonna go to my real guy and get it done. I did a little self care. It's not We just wrestled the Headbangers and the Ascension. Who could be fun?
Speaker 2: He could be in the FWF season two.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also joined here by somebody who just wrestled the head Bangers.
Speaker 2: And I lost when a while lost because I went for that that hot tag and Brian Myers did the Psycho. Sid On Hogan was dropped down and they gave me the finger gat and I walked right into the Awakenings. That's the newest engine's name, Finisher and I lost.
Speaker 3: Pretty awesome storytelling, bro Well, who are now in the FWF?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm Matt Cardona Majors who becomes Brett Major, who becomes Zach Ryder, who becomes Matt Cardona again. All right, so Lake, it's eleven fifty two PM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, after crack pbr here.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna have a good time talking about this because I have a lot of questions myself. First, did you guys on May twenty first, two thousand and five?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: What was it again?
Speaker 3: Oh? When we get called up? Yes, May one, two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: On May first, two thousand and seven, did you guys think that in twenty twenty one we would be wrestling down the street from Matt's house in Orlando against the head Bangers?
Speaker 3: Did you think? Nuts? Very?
Speaker 2: I was thinking that. You know, sometimes you gotta not pinch yourself or take yourself out of the moment. But it's like these tag team series one Headbangers from the Roar with them.
Speaker 3: Also, this might sound nuts and like at the opposite of the spectrum, Like I made up my mind a long time ago that like I'm gonna be doing this forever. And that's whether it's like at Wrestlemedia or a VFW with like the Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valentine. Like I was like very accepting of that. So that part doesn't not that we were doing that, but I just love wrestling so much. I love it in all forms, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Of course, Like, so we were playing with the Headbangers Action figures, what was that ninety eight they come out.
Speaker 3: Or they come out ninety seven ninety seven.
Speaker 2: First of all, that's almost my I'm boggling that they came out so fast considering how long it takes your figures to come out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they they that's like early shock on early ninety seven. They get, they start and then they get.
Speaker 2: By the summer the figures out, Yeah, it's a summer.
Speaker 1: Somebody was probably just like, man, these guys look great.
Speaker 3: I remembering the whole stept for Christmas. Unless my parents made me, wait.
Speaker 2: They were a little late. Maybe I was just fucking it a little late.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a long wait for an eager twelve year old.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was like, Okay, all these years later, they still look like they did that.
Speaker 3: Actually, for their age and how long they been doing it, they look yeah.
Speaker 2: They all and they're not moving like they're grizzled and moving like ninety seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Nice, And they're also in the deceivingly large category of pro wrestlers. Like, oh you meet them, you're like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the guys back then, and I wish we would have taken a picture of all four of us in our gear, but we took it after. It looks like we're on a summer vacation.
Speaker 3: I actually like the picture so much more. It's so brothered out, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Just tell people that's the gear you wrestle in.
Speaker 3: I'm sure by now I'll be all over social media so you know what we're talking about. But it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Little housekeeping real quick. If you're joining us, because we had a lot of members joined the Patreon this month, a lot of cool things going on, so and upticking members. If you're joining us for the first time. This is a part in a multi episode series that we're doing, and you got to go back each month Hard Foundation episode. Specifically, we started with Q and A on Your Indie Run, followed by a three part series of A, Q and A on Your Developmental Run. And now this is now episode four of the series, and we are taking questions from our Hard Foundation members about your time being called up to the main roster, up to becoming an edgehead. So I will ask a bunch of their questions, but I also have some of my own. Let's talk about it, and we touched on it, but let's talk about out the call. Where were you guys, What were you guys doing? How did you get called up?
Speaker 3: We're not together?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that we're not together? So I remember Deep South closes. We've talked about some Manion times. Deep South closes. A handful of us are going to go to OBW because we're more TV ready. The majority of everybody else is going to FCW, which is going not even there yet. It's gonna be a Tampa. They like, I feel like they have like a summer vacation, like they don't have to go right but it's not built.
Speaker 3: It's months. Yeah. Yeah, so plus they had to figure out like people's leases and get them out, like there's a lot of shit they went, you know, so we no building.
Speaker 2: We had a little bit of a break. It wasn't that long. And I remember like I went home to see my girlfriend at the time, and you and Brad Jay went to OBW without me and worked a match.
Speaker 3: Why did we do that?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that reason you're a brown nosing.
Speaker 3: I don't remember why or what. But then maybe maybe just to sign the apartment lease or get that set up or something.
Speaker 2: Maybe you did because we did room with him. Yeah, that could have been it. But don't you end up working like a dark match?
Speaker 3: Should we worked as singles like a like a ten minute Broadway or something bizarre like that.
Speaker 2: I remember Nova giving me a call and I don't know if he was ribbing me, but saying like you might like think of things as singles because Brian went there as as singles and they liked him, Like, how do you worked as singles?
Speaker 3: Ribbon a half?
Speaker 1: Especially away you guys were getting called up.
Speaker 3: So it's a very odd situation, like there's no Deep South, We're getting ready to go to OVW. We're basically off. We knew we had at least two weeks off, and at one point you were like, why am I not just going home? It's just stupid? Yeah, and you were you were going to see your girlfriend. I had no reason to leave, so I was like, whatever, I'll just hang back. And then Nova called us and was liker your debut in BRO your debut when you got to be in Birmingham on Tuesday or whatever.
Speaker 2: But you had already gone to ov W. I think that was just to like right right, but like you didn't go to WW then get the call with OBW. No, I mean you didn't get the call and then go to WW with OBW and then you got I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I was in our house when when I was talking to Nova.
Speaker 2: In my memories, I don't remember the initial call.
Speaker 3: Then you had to like probably get a flight back, like you weren't scheduled to come back, like.
Speaker 2: Or maybe that call. Maybe he was all he's like, oh, no, I'm just kidding you are I don't really remember. Yeah, whatever, long story short, I come back and this time we're living with Danny Inferno. Danny Jimondo, and we already know like we're gonna move, but now it's like all right, well shit, we have the debut on TV and then come back and move.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, well, I think the day we were supposed to move is the day before we debut on ACW. Right, So we do the show in Birmingham. It was like two hour two and a half hour drive drive back and we're already like packed and we wake up in that morning and take off. That's right.
Speaker 2: So did we drive to the show with Angel Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a bunch of people booked on that. It's like they would just have random people there. I remember that, I want to say, like Connor the Ascension and Knox.
Speaker 2: Maybe I remember the morning of putting on like some fake tanner and it's not the fake tanner I use anymore. You can still buy it and it has like the glitter in it, Oh my god, like Loriel or something like that. You don't talk about it. Yeah, And like I had like glitter like on my face like all day and all of my body. But I'm so glad I did because I had like no tan because you went home that.
Speaker 3: We did still photo that's that's our eight by ten. It's all those trading cards, right. I don't know if we ever took photos again as the Major brothers. Yeah, so weird, right we use they never used them at least right right?
Speaker 2: And okay, so we had called up and.
Speaker 1: So wait, hold on, are you believing this? Like this is it? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because it was like the call where he's saying you're going and you have to be in Birmingham and I guess you know because a bunch of other deep stuff people went. He's like, I'm pretty sure you debut into only us though, Like he didn't see anyone else.
Speaker 1: So are you telling your friends and family?
Speaker 2: While I was there and I knew it was happening, I told everybody, hey watch sci fi at whatever tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never told him because in wrestling things change.
Speaker 1: I believe it when you see it, Rightah. So and E c W was live then, No, it happened, so you tell him.
Speaker 3: It airs like an hour later.
Speaker 2: It was definitely tape that day. Maybe it was like that day.
Speaker 3: Because this is like the first time in my career, like my text messages were like blowing up.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was live and maybe it was live to tape. Maybe it's like a little delay.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, okay, cool, so keep going.
Speaker 2: So so so this is like, okay, now NXT is NXT. You get called up, your everyone, your music hits every No, you already get a big pop.
Speaker 3: Yes it's different. Yeah, you've been you've been into obscurity.
Speaker 2: You can change in the locker room us like we changed, like it's like under the bleachers in this little like office locker room thinging thing right, which I didn't even realize all years later, like they hadn't put it to two together, like, oh my god, this is the building we debuted in. Until like one of those like doors were open, I'm like, holy shit, this is where we changed.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I always remember what that building looks like. It's that weird chain link fence.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, now right because now you like park outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah and you walk through like yeah, yeah, I always remember.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of vivid memories of the day the park outside at most buildings.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. Yeah yeah, most buildings make it outside of them, but it has.
Speaker 2: Like the up down thing you drive through, like the little like like a split level. No, no, like the little like what's that thing called mark. You're not even looking at them.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Like you drive up like you're getting out of like the rental car place. I think the spy it been so spike. But the thing that goes up and down speed bump. No, it's like a little gate thing that goes up and down.
Speaker 3: I have no idea when you pay a toll.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, great, great description there. Anyway. So, I mean, there's a lot of things I remember other day, like where they were like, wait, you're the Majors Brothers. That sucks. It needs to be major.
Speaker 2: I don't think they changed that till the next week. Really, yes, maybe might be right, because that I know for a fact, our gear says Majors Brothers.
Speaker 3: How are we going to change it during the day? Like right?
Speaker 2: But I remember I think Justin Roberts says it, and then I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Something's gonna trickle down where you're not Brian Majors, you're not Brett Majors. You're Major Major Brett.
Speaker 2: And then we had to get brand new gear by the next.
Speaker 3: Week, yes, which we did because we're professionals.
Speaker 1: Wow, and who's your gear maker at this time that you're getting brand new gear?
Speaker 3: Easy money? Rick?
Speaker 2: So this is the first time I think we maybe at the first time, but we se which to from Rick to what's the other guy? Robert adam't think because he makes the mages and it's like the white with the purple. He makes all the only started making our stuff in the edge. No, he makes all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I don't recall that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so uh does do they tell you that you're going to do something that day or you you're just hoping.
Speaker 3: That you're going to do some memories? Aren't that clear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't. I know. We work. It's a thing where we're it's a work where we're supposed to be perceived as locals, which, like he said, you could never work now if you're an NXT because you're already like built up to be the star. And like the way developmental was back then, it was the complete opposite, Like they didn't want you to be a star. They wanted you to be a star. When they tell you to be a star, when they you know, decide for you to be a star. And so we're it was fun concept that we're supposed to be these locals and we steal one from uh Monny Brown and a striker, right, and there was never the match together, and it was striker who we've known literally since like we started. So it's very comforting, I guess.
Speaker 2: And he gave us the name Major. It was like a lot of you know, that made it a lot easier. For sure, made it more comfortable. I remember early in the day me practicing something with Marcus Grvan, like a grilla press into a fallaway slam thing. He's like practicing like the gorilla press. Yeah, over it over yah, Jesus Christ, my nuts.
Speaker 3: But my main memories are before and after because it's hard to explain, but like the way that original sci Fi set was because it was not very like elaborate. It was like there would be the SmackDown set and that's real Gorilla. Then there would be like almost like a pipe and drape like tarp tunnel yep, and you'd walk to like the real they'd send you from real Gorilla, but you still had like a pretty decent walk to come out this little like mini side stage. And when we got to there, the segment before us was Vince in the do rag. He's ECW champion, he's in that do rag and he comes back. He's about to go out, and we're just so awkward standing there and he looks as he goes, you guys want to try this thing on or something like that, and like went and did his promo or came back from the promo and said that, and we were just we're just scared. Shit, let's standing there. And then the other thing I remember is we did the match, we came back. I couldn't tell you the producer was or nothing, but I remember Sandman's there and he's like, welcome, do U c W kid, and we like shook his hand and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I remember those two moments or if I just remember you saying them so many times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the only thing I remember. I could tell you, like the producer, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like just driving home with like Angel Williams.
Speaker 3: I remember and like I said, my first time in my career that my phone was like blowing up and texts had become like a thing, a common thing, where like you know, it was it was cool. Like one of the things that was really cool for me was that I dropped out of college to take my WW contract yep, and all those people that I was in college with like watched that and they're still there like doing their senior year that I was supposed to be doing. So I found like some kind of like redeem you know, redemption in that kind of I thought that was pretty cool. And it was yeah, you know, like it's not that I finally made It was only a year really, but like it was kind of like what I did had purpose, kind of you know the vision I made, you know. But and then it was May first, you know, the the college year, and I did it with like two weeks to spare where they're all there and they all watched in their dorms and stuff or whatever, and I thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: I remember just hoping, Okay, oh, they canna bring us back next week. And then I also, I don't want to skip ahead, but I also remember when we debut with Edge, I'm thinking, well, they're going to say that that was the Major Brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they ever?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, Okay, okay for sure.
Speaker 1: And then you're you're are you just excited? Are You're excited?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Skane? And You're like, I can't thank.
Speaker 2: God, dude, you debuted and ww yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Now what about the moving thing? Now? I know a lot of people when they get the call up like now, okay, finally.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, typically when you debut, now it's I don't know the rules now. But then you had like another like three months like this weird, Grace Pierce.
Speaker 3: There's no real number to it where you.
Speaker 2: Would also, you'd still do developmental and they pay for your hotels and your cars blah blah blah blah. But since they we just we first, we didn't even move to OBW yeh. We moved to o WW the next day. But since we just got there, they weren't going to let us go after three months. And it didn't help that the major brothers didn't really take off, so we weren't doing much. And Johnny Aace explained that if we weren't in OVW that they would just fire us. We weren't doing anything, which I understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we basically ended a period where we worked like seven days a week. Yeah, just like seven months.
Speaker 1: And what do you mean by it didn't take off? Like, let's let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about that.
Speaker 2: So okay, So first things first.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on actually real quick who wrote that storyline of you guys like stealing the wind because it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool the American Dream Death they rode.
Speaker 1: And he just saw you guys, and you're like, these guys are such cool, baby.
Speaker 3: Young Dusty never told and I ended up spending a lot of time with Dusty and fc W, but we were never told to our faces, but a lot enough of the boys told us that like, Dusty's the one who wanted us. He he cherry picked us out of Deep South. He thought we had like a cool old school vibe. I guess yep. And he wanted to recreate the Mulkies basically, and that's why we're supposed to be locals and we get this big win and that that was like his vision, and then that was just supposed to be like the introduction to us. And then like they were supposed to put like Mike Knox with this guy Derek Knykirk who's tagging with in Deep South, and they were supposed to be managed by Angel William and like there's supposed to be like adding tag teams d CW for everyone to work with, and that never happened.
Speaker 2: A tag team division and it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's no tag teams. You guys have nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Really, there's literally nothing worked like Striker one on one.
Speaker 3: I worked Elage of Burke one on one.
Speaker 2: And there's just not much for us to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we have. Do we ever wrest good? I'm sure we did, but I don't know, like there's there's there was, there's nothing for us to do. Get We get drafted in like June or July, so that's not long. We get drafted. And this is like back in the day.
Speaker 2: I remember Nova stood off and we're gonna get drafted, and then you had to go to like ww dot com. But think about this, it was on a razor phone. Imagin trying to go to w W dot com on the phone to find out the fate of your shoot career.
Speaker 3: My god, the draft, I mean, I don't know all the drafts were like a shoot that we ever did, at.
Speaker 2: Least for me.
Speaker 3: Maybe like Roman reigns New Yeah, maybe Roman knows what he's doing, but like everyone else, I mean, yeah, it's fucking crazy. I remember one year I got like sent home. I'm like, I'm fired, but I got drafted. It was so like weird and then like that, I remember it. It had to be that when we landed, and that's when Mark Henry lived in New York at the time, and we were like, yo, Mark, you got drafted. Was like serious. We had to like tell him, yeah, she's what the fuck man? I never forget that, like you didn't know. Yeah, that's when he had that ACW run.
Speaker 1: And then so this run until the edgeheads.
Speaker 2: Well, so okay, So then we get drafted to SmackDown and I believe it.
Speaker 3: But it's the same show because it's the same schedule and all that shit.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I guess, a new opportunity. And they did give us a couple of vignettes, at least one vignette Majors coming to SmackDown, and I.
Speaker 3: Remember the ben Wa weekend and then it was optional to like to go to SmackDown, and we went to smack Down, but we weren't booked. We were just there and then Stephanie said something like guys, don't worry, vignette next week or whatever, and it did air, okay, and it was just like the most generic, horrible vignette.
Speaker 1: And then so what was it?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Like, what was it.
Speaker 3: It's like video clips of us doing like arm drags across bodies and it's our song like let's go the Major Brothers coming pretty pretty brutal.
Speaker 2: So our first match, I believe it's Dallas.
Speaker 3: In Dallas, Yeah, that's where I knocked out the extra.
Speaker 2: Okay, And the problem is this like local extra talent, Like some guys are guys who really deserve to be there, and some guys should burn their boots. And these guys like they're supposed to make us look better, they made us look worse.
Speaker 3: They didn't like see it that way. They saw it was like their big opportunity, like a bumping feed.
Speaker 2: It's called a bump and feed because you're bumping in your feeding, and that's one motherfucker's not bumping and feeding.
Speaker 3: He was like, dude, he like pumped up, like oiled. He just did a lot of things that you could tell like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he had like flames on his gear.
Speaker 3: The other thing I remember is that I don't know why, but John Cena was there and it's one of the first times he ever like really interacted with us, and he was like this, you guys have a squash and it or whatever. Really. Yeah, He's like, this is your match. Make sure you take over, like, don't give him shit. Beat the fuck out of him. Basically not saying that, but he said that. And then I always to this day, I don't know if I was too fired up and I was like lacing this dude or he was just like the drizzling shits and couldn't bump and feed. Yeah, that's bad, it's also okay. This is also it's like a five or seven minute babyface squash matches the shits, yes, And we went home like crazy early for that, like Brisco's pissed, bro, like three maybe maybe three minutes early, and we're like fuck it, like what else we supposed to do? And we get back to the back and Gerald briscoll mesis right the curtain. He's screaming at us like you fucking have times, you stick to your time like that kind of shit. We're like whoa, and he's right, that's like, yeah, that's not that, that's pro wrestling, Like you have times, that's part of the art, Like you have to stick to it. And then, like I think even in the lecture he was giving us, he's like, well, guess what now, like undertake us to do three more minutes because you didn't do it. Like that's not you know, not fair and not how I was like, okay, shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's the next week, but it's it's very shortly thereafter, we're wrestling Chavo Guerrero, who's the Cruisery champion, and Jamie Noble. Now, first Jamie Noble, he doesn't want to work us. We're meeting him, but then he's like, y'all from tough enough right, something like that, but he's already pissed.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: And then he's like double pissed because they say, oh, basically say like you're not important enough to pin, so we're gonna pin Chavo Guerrero. And then trav Gurel's pissed because he's cruiz of a champion. He's losing to us. It's like everyone's pissed. They don't want to be in the match, they don't want to call it, and like it's a just it's it's just not good. We blow a spot and then like they don't edit it on the show.
Speaker 3: To this day, I'm like blown away by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, like I think we get flustered.
Speaker 3: We try to just do it sure, like the first it's the first thing, and it goes bad and then we're just flustered and just it is a bad combo of like super green dudes like us and grizzled veterans who are not are checked out on the whole situation, you know, and not motivated, but bad comba.
Speaker 2: I think we're flustered before him. We're supposed to do something with with with Jamie like a double leap frog, but somehow Chave's in there, so we try to do with Chavo anyway, and like what the he like rolls through it like a pro like just like rolls literally rolls under.
Speaker 3: The We're just so green like and just you know, once one thing goes off the rails, it's just like right, oh for.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I don't recall ever getting back on track after that.
Speaker 3: It's just not a great match.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like Major Brothers doing anything.
Speaker 3: No, there's just randomly and it's in Bakersfield because I always think of Bakersfield. We randomly win this Battle Royal to open the show, and then we think in our minds it's like this big opportunity to work MVP and Matt Hardy.
Speaker 2: Something happened. It was supposed to be on Long Island the week before and someone was hurt, so we end up working like Ducent Domino in a dark and then it happens the next week in Bakersfield.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that detail of it, but I thought it was just the most random thing ever.
Speaker 2: But we did go on our first overseas tour before that, work in Duson Domino in like Australia, Singapore and Pland that's.
Speaker 3: Why I said we worked like seven days a week because even if we were on all the live events, we'd work like Dave Taylor and Paul Burchill, yeah for the most part, or eventually later on Jesse Andmphestis. But then if we weren't on that, we'd have to go to these OVW live events which were like.
Speaker 2: Shits, which was like.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons Deep South closed was because Jody Hamilton wasn't trying to like grow it or get us the that we needed to everyone needed to become better wrestlers. He didn't want to spend the money or take a gamble and running a show OBW was like the complete opposite, Bro. They had a full three three sometimes four shows a weekend, like and they're like kind of deep drives, you know, two three hours, and then there are these little like podunk Towns offense and there'd be like fifty people there, maybe forty people, and we'd give him a full card and like, I mean, I don't regret or anything. There was a lot of like great learning experiences from some of those matches and stuff. But like you were working, Bro, like working.
Speaker 1: So help me figure out because I'm having a hard time with the time frame here.
Speaker 2: Debut and May and may get drafted like June or July and the whole and just kind of floating till December. Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Things happen.
Speaker 3: It is literally like I go home for Christmas for that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now there are there like there are times where like now it's like a weirdynamic like E. C. W and SmackDown are like on the same show. So sometimes we're working like uh miss and Morrison, Like I remember, like towards the end, like we tried being a little more like edging Christian, like not like healish, but like at least they gave us at least one like backstage like a box, like a box promo, and I started I started wearing like a beanie. That's like major brothers. You start wearing like that, like sleeve shirt, just do whatever.
Speaker 1: Uh I lost my train of thought. Uh oh, when does the ov W thing stop?
Speaker 3: It doesn't stop till, like I think, right before thangiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, holy cow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember drawing. I drove the U haul with all their stuff back to Long Island it was and asking to get out. We asked Johnny a lot. I think that got to the point where like he kept us there because we kept asking like like please, like we're working seventy like Alison doesn't like us.
Speaker 2: Been a pretty bad experience. Why they finally gave us this light.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't even know why he did that because we had nothing going on. Yeah, but I think we just would ask every month, like once a month.
Speaker 2: And like we found out we left immediately.
Speaker 3: Oh. That was another thing I always thought. I still kind of think that if you're in developmental and you called up, you have to move because then things will be expected of you, like because you live in the town, you know what I mean, to keep doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then what was the final straw like to finally let you.
Speaker 2: Guys, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Remember, I literally think we just because we had asked so.
Speaker 1: Much, got it all right now.
Speaker 3: Most guys like Brosky's right, like okay, like Cody got called up right when we did, but he got he got to leave.
Speaker 2: Like he got the Cody treat.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. He got like an immediate like okay, you don't have to be there anymore, and he left, and then we're just still just like.
Speaker 2: Like completely on average people there for ninety days three months. At most times earlier they because here's the thing, we would get the free hotels and cars on the road for the ninety days. But then what happened was they took that away, so we still had to go to OBW Yeah geesh. Yeah, So it was like, well, what do we do it here? Yeah, it's rough.
Speaker 1: All right, let's ask some fan questions.
Speaker 3: And you're not getting developmental pay.
Speaker 2: And you're not getting developmental pay, right, that's insane. So you seriously like, okay, let's say let's say it's a loop where we're not on ww live events. We just go to smack Down. We have to do all the OBW live events, we get five hundred bucks for that week wrestling four times.
Speaker 3: Like and here's another like thing where like if I ever had to have this argument with them, like al Snow like did not like us. We're WW talent roster guys. Talent. How many people do you think are on OBW sixty seventy. He made us one day go pick up these football players from the airport that we're having tryouts. Oh my god, I remember that. So we had to go to the airport, like we split it up, like I think it was like six times we split up. I went through time and he went some times to get these different football players who we didn't know, picked them up and like take them to their hotel and show them where to go whatever. And he like just made us think about it, like he could have asked anyone, but he made us do it because he's just like f these guys. But we we had bad attitudes anyway, So I don't really blame him, but like we just wasn't a good experience, Yeah for sure. All right.
Speaker 1: Fan questions Aaron Ortiz, who was who were the most welcoming in the locker room at first?
Speaker 3: Cody when we get to ov W, which is all the same time. That same week we went to Hooters.
Speaker 2: He paid for it is Oleg there.
Speaker 3: Olegg was always our boy though Oleg is Vladimir Coslov.
Speaker 2: He was I don't remember the Hooters name. With Cody, Cody took us the whole roster's there.
Speaker 3: But Cody pays for our bill and like welcomes us and like this whole thown. Never forget that. Yeah wow. For whatever reason, Like right away we hit it off with Chris Cage, who ended up being Kaylen Croft right who was just just a great dude, like just a total brother and like he's like a fanboy, like you can quote, you know, be on the mat and funny shit with you, and like we just hit off with him right away, and we kind of like and he had been OVW forever, like he was I think he worked lessner like he was in OVWS for so long, so like he really had to lay of the land.
Speaker 2: Was he signed then or does he get signed in FCW, he's he signed unsigned and get signed again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's unsigned. He got fired for like a drug overdose when he was about to get called up with MS right and then he's he when we met him, he's working his way.
Speaker 2: Back and then where does he get signed?
Speaker 3: Though? He gets signed, Like when we're gone, he goes FCW Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob Holly not one of those people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, I think if you're asking like Maine Roster people who was very well.
Speaker 3: I mean like Ben Wah that story, like Ben Wall like was cool and when he once he realized that we were like fans and really respected the business, he was like.
Speaker 2: Pretty we asked ben Wah to get into the locker room, yeah, because like I said, you couldn't just get into the locker room. So a month or so in we had to ask ben Wah.
Speaker 3: Right even for sure. Initially he was just trying to get the free car like punk and then we all became buddies and rode with him for like years basically Yeah, but at first he literally was just oh, A lot of guys would do this, like when people get called up like Broscus saying you get that free car, you get a free hotel for ninety days. So people just latch onto you and they're not really being sincerely nice. They just want the free amenities. Like Eliza Berg. Yeah, it's like yeah, which people take advantage of you, and Punk for sure initially was doing that, but we all became pretty good friends.
Speaker 1: Right, it makes total sense, Dave Wonder, This is Dave Wheeler being hardcore, being hardcore wrestling fans, your entire lives. What lived up to your expectations and what if anything fell short or let you down on the main roster. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Initially, I know what let me down was, Like I thought, for sure, like they're gonna make us a T shirt and stuff, like to be able to choose our music. Yeah, we didn't get any say in the music. There was no merch. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: We're not idiots, though, like I think we realized really quickly there was no plans. I mean quick.
Speaker 2: We had done a handful of full blown live event loops WWE live event loops, and then you would go to TV, so we kind of like already knew what it was like at TV.
Speaker 1: God, you know, so the catering you got already?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And then I think really also is like and I don't think I even like really understood it back then because I was so young and naive to like financial stuff. The money is not like I'm sure people think you're w W and you're making this like life change.
Speaker 2: You're not making this. You're getting five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: A day.
Speaker 2: In theory, in theory more, but you're frigging paying for a rental with a huge drop Buffy because you're dropping it nowhere near where you picked it up, and you're paying for all your food on the road, you're paying for hotels.
Speaker 3: Every night, and you know that all really adds up against that money that you're making on the loop.
Speaker 2: So, like, here's something we maybe maybe said before. So for instance, the week before The Edge has debut, let's say we're doing nothing on SmackDown five hundred bucks, right, So then we do Armageddon the main event, help Edge become the world Heayway champion, beat up the Undertaker, beat up Patista. I'm thinking, holy shit, we're going to be rich. We're gonna be rich. But the pay per view check takes like two to three months to come. It finally comes five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: So we're just like, what's the point again, pushed, Yeah, it's because downside was so low. Now as it was so low, they didn't have to judge that. That's how they like, there was no reason to pay us a lot of money because they don't really have to, you know.
Speaker 2: Wow, So our downside what people don't know what downside? We were just talking about this earlier, about something. So when we get signed to Developmental, we're making five hundred bucks a week, so let's do the on that five.
Speaker 3: I think it's like twenty six k.
Speaker 2: Fifty two. It's twenty six k. Yeah, now for a thirty six year old man. I wouldn't be able to live with that twenty one year old kid. I thought I was a dollar build.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thought I was making like, you know, nothing as an house born of the Delhi or you know, Montana's pizza on tips.
Speaker 3: But then real life slaps in the face and rent and like I said, these these expenses on the road which are just like nothing that did you ever think about it?
Speaker 2: But then we get that raise, baby, once I get signed to the main roster, fifty two thousand a week.
Speaker 3: No a year a year, A year, A year a year, people think you pretty cool. That's what people think. Year a year, year, that's our guarantee.
Speaker 1: No, I totally get it. I know when I graduated college, first job, I got sixteen thousan an hour when they told her.
Speaker 3: Are you doing that? No merch, no extras? Fifty two if you minus road expenses on that, we made like nothing, probably nothing.
Speaker 1: Like what what what would you estimate if fifty year you made what's road expenses for a year? I mean you must be.
Speaker 3: On that hotels, hotels, food, who it's nuts?
Speaker 1: Were you guys like real cheap with the hotel stuff? Would you stay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was like yes, looking back on it, one of the most fun aspects of being on the road and the camaraderie. And and I don't know, maybe Bersky can answer the question this, but like so I get fired in twenty fourteen, and then I get rehired in twenty sixteen, and I'm like, who's riding with? Who? Who's gonna And I'm asking around and everyone's like nobody shares a room? What are you talking?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: It was like a change first, like while we're on the road. First of all, GPS's come out, yeah, like the garment stuff like that which we once got robbed for. But then like okay, then like price line negotiator comes out there, I'm gonna make this.
Speaker 3: Deal with Like these are like game changing like we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna make these deals, right, but like you don't know what hotel you're going to stay at. And then like throughout I don't know what who made like the switch where it all started changing. Everyone just started like becoming like Marriott guys where they'd pay like almost sometimes double the price, but like you get points and like you don't have to worry about late checkouts and something.
Speaker 3: The perks are worth it, at least with Marriott, because we all did it. But then and then also once you go back, once you go to your room to yourself, you can't go back because you can't catch the travel so much, the bumps whatever to walk into your own room, and the privacy, even if it's just for a couple of hours, it's like you almost can't put a price, and it's hard to go back to the day, to go back to four guys in a room and all that bullshit.
Speaker 2: At one point, me Morrison, maybe not Morrison because he leaves one point, so me, Miss and Ziggler would just ride together so often that we never settled up like like maybe like for the first weeks, you want me to this room, and then eventually like well fuck it, Like I never ever to this day with Ziggler, because it all evened out in theory eventually.
Speaker 1: Like you drove one and you drove one or whatever.
Speaker 2: Or paid, you know what I'm saying. But like even till the day was released, me and Zigger were still old school at split a room. Oh right, we were just in that routie. But no one else was like Brian sand Brian Leaves. Yeah, it's like every and which I prefer. I prefer my own room. I prefer to ride alone the whole.
Speaker 3: For years, it would either be like us with Jesse and Festus in a room all four of us, or us with like Punk and Swaggle in a room like always, like just always Punk. It was never an option, like no one ever, no one ever sag yeahoggle on the top. Yeah, dude. I remember one time, and I'll leave this person's name out of this. One of the guys got a girl and there was so many of us in the room. We all hid while these guys are hooking up, and it was like pretty comical, but like there's at least five or six us hiding in the closets, are behind drapes or underbeds and ship while this guy's hooking up with a girl. I'm thinking that's how many of us are heard this fucking room because they're so cheap, you know, or just trying to save money. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see. I can't wrap my head around even enjoying. Look, I love being with my buds, but I don't know if I would enjoy staying a room.
Speaker 3: With sometimes And I look back on it, like and that's not exactly how it went. But in my mind, it's like if we were Jesse Festus, we literally would do the show Race to the Town, ask like where people are going out? Go out all night? Do the show Race to the Town, like to repeat, like figure out where everyone's going out, you know whatever, at least like the Friday Saturday nights, you know, and then like do you take it easy on Sunday to go into the TV you know kind of deal.
Speaker 1: Well, back to that question, was there anything that like lived up to your expectations that was like, oh, yeah, this is this is great? Like maybe the crowds, I don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean the first time, like ever going overseas was really cool because I never left the country before. Then we're going to like Singapore and I'm going to get a massage wink in the hotel and I see Flair coming out of the room before me.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, Like again, that's early on. It was probably before we debut and we were doing like darks and stuff. And then like Saboo is in the airport giving us advice the next day and he's drinking. It's like six am in the airport and he's drinking a beer and he like spilt it on us, like talking to us, and he's like, oh, sorry about that, and then we're like, oh, it's okay. He's like, I don't care about your shoeses, like I'm more concerned I wasted half a beer or something like. It's just like surreal, like to be all so brothered out like that.
Speaker 2: Making of airport. There was a dress code. You had to wear a business casual like you cannot wear a hat. You can wear you can wear hats, dress shoes everywhere, always wild. So you had to buy that stuff too. Keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that goes into your expenses. On top of.
Speaker 1: Gear, basketball shorts and major pod.
Speaker 2: You'd be fine every impact.
Speaker 3: I bring nice clothes and I maybe wear one shirt the first day I've done.
Speaker 2: I'm walking into Slammiversary in a fucking suit.
Speaker 3: Of course you were a mark.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian Culp. Were any other names discussed during the call up process? What was your opinions on being brothers? Two questions? Other names?
Speaker 3: That was a DeMott thing we've covered.
Speaker 2: He just said it brothers are like week one developmental ye, which we were fine with it because there was something and back then we really did it was people believed it for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: It's hard. It's hard to believe now, but people people can tell us part for years on the main roster, people were seeing every week, so I guess there was something to that where it worked. And like I said, besides dropping the s, there wasn't It wasn't really much.
Speaker 2: No like but we we had talked about the developmental stuff. We we really wanted to be like heels baby faces that were so cheesy that were heels, but we were baby faces that were so cheesy that they wanted to be baby faces. And I was never comfortable in my own skin doing that. And I think it shows if you go back and watch it right.
Speaker 1: And then the what what was your opinions on being brothers were you like in on it. Were you happy.
Speaker 3: Having like a negative thought about it?
Speaker 2: I think when it was first like presented, it was like, oh I never really thought about that. Yeah it was fine, and like I think the thing was that we were the twins that weren't like identical, so like, yeah, it had the backstory was that fraternal I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Jonathan Willhelm, when you got just called up and now had to travel each week, did you ride together most times or did you have certain people you traveled with more frequently always together?
Speaker 2: And we kind of just answered that, yeah, we together, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Us two always together, and then it would vary from like Jesse and Festus, Domino, Punk and Swaggle, some kind of combination.
Speaker 2: I definitely recall riding with Morrison once. He was one of those guys who used this for the freaking.
Speaker 3: One loop we did with Morrison early on.
Speaker 2: Punk Elijah Burg. I think we rode with once.
Speaker 3: And then we said never again, ever again. Uh think what else?
Speaker 2: Maybe a couple of one time we rode with fucking Super Crazy and Kendrick like and that was another never again.
Speaker 3: Armando Estrada would be in the car every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, we stayed at his house once and he like, yeah, I remember he introduced us to like that fiber cereal, which is probably like normal now, but it came out at the times like, oh my god, fiber Cereal.
Speaker 3: That's a weird memory. I remember saying that we met his dad and yeah, it's very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is a good one, Marshall. Between you guys and the w W who was the first to bring up making action figures of you? Did WDB come to you? Did you go to ww.
Speaker 3: MM?
Speaker 2: So I remember that at one point we almost get fired because we're not doing anything of importance on the main roster and we're having problems down in Deep South, and I'm sorry in OBW Johnny has connus and think he's calling me like a bitch, and he's like.
Speaker 3: This is the wrist tape scenario, that whole thing like, and.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about, like, oh my god, if they fire us right now, we never got action figures.
Speaker 1: But why is Johnny Ace calling you a bit?
Speaker 3: Because Al Snow sent in like a complaint about us or something about it or incident report. I believe it is what it was.
Speaker 2: Listen so we could have a whole podcast long soory short, it's either Taz or jbl or maybe one of them told us to start taping up our fists look a little tougher. We do in O b W. We get in trouble then, like I remember, we tell Johnny about it and he's like laughing it off, blah blah blah. And then like when al al like gets pissed us again, I remember you say, well, Johnny said we could do it or something.
Speaker 3: Probably I'm like, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Like, we get this another big fight with al And and Robert and we apologize, but what happens is like Al like still writes us up behind our back.
Speaker 3: Yes, when he said he wasn't gonna or he said this was the end of it or whatever, and then of course he didn't.
Speaker 2: All I can think about is, oh my god, we're not.
Speaker 3: And I've always thought our first Jacks figures are like major brother faces.
Speaker 2: I do too. Yeah, And at the time I generally didn't understand why we weren't getting because like brother Bash are getting them Gemini.
Speaker 3: In the Jacks era, they made people pretty quick and like everybody.
Speaker 2: I definitely think there are major brother faces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Marcus Avatilla what tag teams did you most want to work with when you guys first got called up?
Speaker 3: So you yes, I remember like we worked we had started to work with ducing Dominos so much that it became like you know, where things are clicking, and then we were like we got drafted to SmackDown and we were literally the only two teams. So we'd pitch stuff every week and then like we'd get this like bizarre ww excuse, like, oh, that's that's a layup to do that, it's too easy? What does that? What does that mean? Like? What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: I liked working miss Morrison because they gave us stuff that's true, and they had ideas and they were like over so it helped us as opposed to like And also I really love working like Paul Burchell and Dave Taylor because what would happen on the live events, Like okay, maybe they don't know us for but like the national anthem is playing and all of a sudden it gets cut off by Dave Taylor's and then him and fucking Paul Burch about waving like British flags.
Speaker 3: They trying to sing God Save the Queen. We run in and stop them, and we maybe cut a quick promo saying that you're not going to disrespect America like that or something, and then then we have this like very basic but fun.
Speaker 2: You couldn't cut off the national anthem.
Speaker 3: But if we know, yeah, that's true, but if we came out to just our music way less Funck's given about that match, you know, it's just a great way to set it up where like, okay, it's the opener, you know what I mean. So it's just always kind of worked.
Speaker 1: People are gonna pop from an armoringer on that one. Yeah, Brian Culp, did some of the friends of the pod arrive into your lives yet? Assuming around this period Swoggles Ziggler.
Speaker 3: Ziggler's an obscurity post spirit squad. We meet him in OBW He.
Speaker 2: Means like do like a gym like work out together in He doesn't want to admit this, but I'll ever forget it. When he picked me up, he had like the Hogan bear hug like in his car, like it was either attached to like the steering wheel or like the stick. He doesn't want to admit that.
Speaker 3: The Swagle relationship a million percent starts like that summer just kind of shooting shit.
Speaker 2: I remember, like we first meet him, he gets like the no look handshake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he already thinks he's a big shot, like he's been on the road of a year though at this point.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, like TJ, we knew from Deep South?
Speaker 1: Have you talked to Swoggle about Deep South? Big shot at you?
Speaker 3: He knows, he knows many a man he knows.
Speaker 1: Were you guys excited to hang out with Swaggle? Was like, I can't believe hanging up with Swug?
Speaker 3: I think, like I was it. I think we're all the only guys in the roster the same age ish right right, because everyone else is just much old that that was a big difference, Like, dude, were on the roster, Bob Holly and Chuck Plumbo, Like these are men, you know, those.
Speaker 2: Guys on the main roster fifteen years ago or older than we are right now?
Speaker 3: That too, Yeah, think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Brian Culp, was it easier or harder to keep collecting and searching for figs once traveling so often? Great question?
Speaker 3: It was more fun because we're like, oh shit, there's a Walmart. I mean we did that to the we did it to this day. You know what I mean. Yeah, Literally, if we go to do a show, we just did it for AIW. You land, you get something to eat, you gotta look. You go to Walmart and Target or somewhere fig hunt, do something, and then go work out. It's literally we've been doing for.
Speaker 2: The fifteen plus years all over the United States. So sometimes, like corporate Steeve says, there's no distribution problems. I see, you might be going to like the four Walmarts targets in your little California area. I'm going all of the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also do think our perspective is pretty good because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael LiPuma, And at any point in your matches do you think about Vince watching and how do you how long do you get over that? And he wrote this talk terribly and.
Speaker 3: Just do what you have to do to is the question master.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it's a little nerve wracking when Vince is watching, But like, what are you gonna do? Like you, But when you're out there doing it, thinking like is he watching? That'd be you, that would be insane. And if it's on TV, nine times out of ten he's in gorilla watching.
Speaker 3: I mean, and but you don't know if he's really watching or if someone's asking him a question or you know, or I mean, there's plenty of times I've like he's in Gorilla and I go out to perform and I come back and he's gone because something happened or whatever, you know what I mean, Like shit like that. So no hard feelings, and that's not what's on your mind. But I will say this, I always think of I don't even know if this is a true story or a fable at this point, but like we've always heard that mister Kennedy was an extra and he was rolling around the ring and Vince walked past the monitor and be like is he signed, no, we should we should do something with this guy or something like just seeing him wow.
Speaker 2: And I've said this before. The whole reason like my icy title like that, that one or two month thing happens because Vince was in his office eating a steak and looked up during main event or Superstars and said, why aren't we doing something with him, which kind of snowballed everything. He didn't say, I'm gonna put the Interconal title on me.
Speaker 3: I had a couple times in my last run where I worked on main Event where I was thinking, like nobody's ever watching this or whatever, and Vince saw it would like stop me in the hallway and compliment me on something or whatever. It was kind of shocking, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Blue Bayou Restaurant on my mouse watcher just came through. I gotta get it. We can keep this on if you want.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Disneyland. I have Goosels right now, I can go to Disneyland. There's a restaurant. There's a restaurant that I want to go to. I'm going to go that bad yees. So it's so this restaurant that I want to go to, and like like a psycho, they send you at one o'clock in the morning. So then I like sign up to this website that kind of like hacks into the system to let you know.
Speaker 3: Something illegal procedures here.
Speaker 2: Now I have to see if it's really there. Let's see what day come on on the point, when would you go? I'm going to Disneyland in two weeks. But now it's just saying, okay, let's go Blue buy you it's disney Land, Oh, Disney's Land.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna go tomorrow, Tuesday, July twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't even say this to people, because let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go next, next, next, this works, I'm gonna be like, holy shit, he's a game changer.
Speaker 3: Reserve, reserve, reserve, Oh my god, he's deserve so hyped up right now.
Speaker 4: Special request. It's a just go, just go, just go, just go. Just got that button, go fucking reserve. What's the problem.
Speaker 1: Go, Oh my god, come on, you can do it.
Speaker 3: He just lied and said Chelsea's in a wheelchair to get this resume, say that.
Speaker 2: This goes still to be like insanely shocked and that it's gonna change my whole life. When it comes to like Dean Park reservations.
Speaker 3: For restaurants, Well, you just told all our listeners about I got Woody just spinning.
Speaker 2: But the problem is if someone else put this reservation in, they're gonna get it like the alert as well.
Speaker 1: Right, I got it.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's no way that's gonna be that important.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me explain it to real quick. Mark, you might understand this. Brian Wall at Disney reservations, people like these are like it's like going into the hot Spot club in New York City. You can't just like walk up to a restaurant there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so like for like an overpriced Hamdburgy though ship Now.
Speaker 2: He doesn't first he doesn't understand. He's a nice restaurant. That's not Hamburg. That's the quick sert you go. Anyone get a fucking Hamburg or tomorrowl and Terrace. I'm talking nice steak, some cocktails anyway, Mark, you know, you know the Pirates of the Caribbean right in Disney World, Ny Depp bro disney Land. That's the original, so much longer ride either way. Inside the ride, there's a restaurant called the Blue Bayou.
Speaker 3: We're going.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, and you've never been congrass.
Speaker 3: We're going.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna give a shout out to this website, that mouse watcher dot com. It costs a little money, but it finds a reservation for you, and it worked. I wasn't sure it would actually work, man, it worked, Chelsea.
Speaker 3: I haven't tell her.
Speaker 1: I'm going on. I'm going to Disney next week. Did you know that? Brian? Yeah, I'm going this week.
Speaker 2: Are you mean up with Mary Kate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Brian, you know that I'm surprising my daughter, right I.
Speaker 3: Tell you that? Oh no, I didn't know it was like that.
Speaker 1: So she has no idea.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so I'm gonna I'm gonna tell her I'm going to Florida, like I normally.
Speaker 3: SAIDA doesn't even know what? Does she know what it is? She's been twice, okay, doesn't even know If I did that, like just flew her. I think that would just.
Speaker 2: Like Chelse, did you just scream my name?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Baby? I got us at the Blue Bayoo?
Speaker 3: Where going with? Baby? That is? That is great. I didn't see what the big hoop was either.
Speaker 2: That worked. That site worked.
Speaker 3: He's gonna make it house Watch.
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 3: He's gonna make that with John amazing. Thank you. I'm going to bed.
Speaker 2: Okay left? Oh my god. Another one just came through. Doing a Monday or Tuesday? All right, we'll talk about later. Let me can we finish this podcast?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Mark next Monday as well too?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: I kind of want to ask how bad the male locker room smells, but I'd rather ask what a typical week look like for you guys? How is the travel et cetera. All right, so two things locker room smell bad.
Speaker 3: No man was there, like Boogeyman's gear stinks and then he has to wash his worms and makes a huge mess. So I remember that. I mean, there are some like po dunk ish areas, like with locker rooms. You'd be shocked that this is like a WWE, you know, locker room, but but that we did it so long that that's it's it is what it is, you know. Yeah, it makes you appreciate. The nice ones will tell you that.
Speaker 2: And then it's just I booked bleu by you from Monday and tuesdays. I don't know what day I want to go.
Speaker 1: Wow, So what's the deal with like, uh what you get first? Get called up on your travel.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: So in theory, you leave Monday to go to SmackDown ECW Tuesday, you get there on Wednesday, you get home on Wednesday, right, and then like we were able to skip like the OVW like production meeting, and we have to go later in the day to do OVWTV Thursday flashbacks. We usually McDonald's and get like breakfast McDonald's.
Speaker 3: You do tape review crack of dawn, like Thursday, maybe stay for a practice. Friday is a live events somewhere that we would drive to and do for OVW, come back, get up at the crack of dawn and either go to like the SmackDown loop and start that, do Saturday night somewhere, Sunday somewhere Monday a smaller one while Row's going on, but you're doing a SmackDown Slash ECW live event, and then drive to Tuesday with TV would be if we didn't do that, then we would do Saturday Sunday OVW commitments and then Monday fly or wherever. So there's literally no days off no matter what way you spin it.
Speaker 2: A lot of days on.
Speaker 3: That's why it was seven days a week.
Speaker 1: Corp and Joslyn. How are Deuce and dominoes work with.
Speaker 3: And be around fun? I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: There's a little noise that guys work with Deuce.
Speaker 3: Deuce could be interesting to talk to or like an overthinker, an overthinker, Yeah, yeah, he want he I think he wanted us to think he was better than he was kind of thing like just because he was so I'm really how old is he now? Because he was so much older than us then, yeah, And he got into the business very late, and I think because he was second generation, I think he wanted us to think he was like but he was not as green as we were. But he hadn't been working much.
Speaker 2: Longer than we.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my first introduct James Symour, My first introduction to the major bros. Was a house show in Canton, Ohio, a few weeks before the call up. Had you already been smartened to the plans of your TV debut or was that still just part of the trial.
Speaker 3: And especially so like if I remember this correctly and you can help me out with this, We did like basically the whole month of March oh seven. We do all the live events for Raw. We do a lot of the darks and stuff like Kadie Murdoch or Highlanders, Yeah, Shelton and has and then Kofe is doing the same stuff, but we're all buddies. And then Kofi goes to Mania and Hall of Fame and we don't get travel for it, and we're like, oh wow, yeah, maybe we're nothing. And we basically didn't do anything for April okay, so we were like, okay, so maybe it was just a look and then randomly we are called up and he doesn't, so it was kind of nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean Thibodeau, was there any kind of bucket list you guys had in terms of what you wanted to see or do when you set foot in the major leagues of w B, getting to see old props in the warehouse, asking veterans about the past wrestling.
Speaker 3: And No, honestly, our only thing we wanted to game. We just wanted to be used. We realized right away because we were We literally did the debut singles match, singles match, and then never again. Is it like back to back where we're booked right, So we're like, we realized right away. Like I said, we were not delusional, Like we just wanted to be used. We wanted to be on TV in some capacity.
Speaker 1: All right, these are two great questions. I'm going to read them both together. Uh, Christian Garcia, was there a feeling backstage that this version of ECW could become a serious third brand and reach the bigger heights like NXT does today? And then the next.
Speaker 3: Question maybe maybe before us, but never in our time.
Speaker 2: I mean I would argue, like how I don't have the rating sheets in front of me, but like it was a third brand.
Speaker 3: For sure, a third brand. But but he's.
Speaker 1: Saying like how NXT is like very popular and does well.
Speaker 2: I still I still want to argue with that because like Christian is on, it is like it wasn't like a Jabroni show. They like, yes, obviously they treated at number three, but there was still like.
Speaker 3: Main roster talent there, real channel got it maybe like never in a was there a point where it's like equal to our SmackDown or was that ever in the I definitely think it was the cars it was.
Speaker 2: I definitely think it was a third brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the third brand.
Speaker 2: Maybe the fans didn't don't love it as much as they loved NXT. I'm sure they didn't.
Speaker 1: But well, Jordan and Laurence says Brian, were you completely underwhelmed with how ECW was when you got there or was it as watered down as you expected?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I didn't. That's WWECW is just a name to me. I never thought.
Speaker 2: I mean by that point, once you watched the first episode with.
Speaker 3: Somebody walks out and it's like it never it's dead before it even starts, Like you know what I mean? If you had expectations that, like the real ly CW mindset, mentality and style was gonna be resurrected. Like no way.
Speaker 2: If anyone thinks that WW ECW is a failure, you're a fucking idiot because look at all the people who came out of it. Okay, kofe cm punk Tyson kidd. I mean I got my opportunity as the.
Speaker 3: W to get opportunity to the argument like the taloo, they would have got the chance somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they wouldn't have. I'm not saying they wouldn't have shined if they got that opportunity, but maybe they wouldn't have gotten that opportunity on raw or SmackDown. Won't There's no spot Evan Bourne all these people.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Mark Henry gets his like his big brest run of his career comes from starts from. Christian gets to be a top guy for the first time in ec W.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, interesting I never even thought of it the other way. Jason W what were some of the locker room etiquettes you learned about? Uh after getting called up? Also, who did you learn them from?
Speaker 3: I mean we knew enough to know about the no locker room situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's where we're so funny.
Speaker 3: That's like dead because that was like a big, big deal, right.
Speaker 2: I think that's where like Bill like really prepares you for like how to act and the mind fuck yeah, be unfuck with able.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also Mikey taught us like locker room etiquet and that stuff to chet the business very very early.
Speaker 3: It's basically dead, so expecting the business. Yeah, like no, like even tonight, and I'm not like burying it. Like if it was fifteen years ago and we walked in the locker room and there's twenty five straight up indie guys sitting in chairs and we're looking for chairs, people would be we'd have twenty chairs, people throwing tonight. People just don't gives a fight.
Speaker 2: I literally took a chair from the stands.
Speaker 3: I went and took a chair the same and went took a chair from the gimmick table, because like, you know, it's just it's just something that's really died and and some part of it I think is good, and some like that maybe a little like oh my god.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Joe, I need a couple more questions. I know you guys got to be on SmackDown when they first had the fist, But I can't remember. Did you guys ever get on the old Raw stage as well?
Speaker 2: They've changed the stage, so what's the old.
Speaker 3: The Raw stage has changed so much that it's not I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what it is like theird I don't I don't think.
Speaker 3: Maybe the only time the major brothers are on Raw is the Swaggles Vince's Sun Reveal that's in the garden, right, Yeah, we all come out and they do like a process of elimination. Yeah, of like different clues and ship if I recall men stay out their backs and then it's like I think half hammered and like doesn't leave in hunters giving someone they like get the fuck out because he just wasn't listening. But uh, I think that's that might be the only time we ever did went to raw or we're on.
Speaker 2: A Rawcadi Murdoch Raw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of k two more. This one's funny. Colin Smith, when getting the main roster, was there anyone that you were all that you all were kind of starstruck to be around.
Speaker 3: I think my main one was seeing Punk because I was such a fan. He was like my be all end all, like he was like my hero, Like I wanted to like replicate his career. You know, I always say this, It sounds so stupid to say out loud, but like I didn't want to be My goal wasn't to be signed at w BET at twenty years old, like I was, Like I wanted to travel the country in a car and friggin work everywhere and then build my name up and then go to Mexico and Japan and then then finally like it signed like he did. Like that's literally like the blueprint that I wanted. I had no desire to do that, yeah, I know so, and then I got signed and it just didn't work out that way. But uh, I was just such an admirer of his work and stuff, so and then he'd for sure tried to brother us for a free car. But we like all hitded off and became buds and rolled together for years and years.
Speaker 2: And like for my answer, like I guess I'm night and day way more positive now than I was then. But I always knew this was the only thing I was going to do. I don't know why, So like it all was like a natural progression to me. So it wasn't like, oh my god, it's the undertakers, like oh yeah, well of course, like I'm on the main ross and that's the undertaker, you know. But if there was someone who I guess even to this day intimidates me a little bit, it's Vince Oh it's cause to me it's like it's like the Wizard of it's Vince McMath.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's weird as we're as like mega fans as we are. We never like fanboy around these people. Were more like I don't want to say the wrong thing around these people, right right? Is more and more that that feeling takes over way more than the like.
Speaker 2: So okay, like now, and like Ryan said, a lot of things have changed, and a lot of things have changed for the better, some haven't. In my opinion, one thing that I think has changed for the better is that like it's acceptable now to be a fan like recently NXC show Johnny Gargana his whole crew dresses up. Is like the click they take pictures with like Sean and Hunter in twenty eleven, if I dressed.
Speaker 3: Up, oh my god, massacred Triple.
Speaker 2: H would probably fucking.
Speaker 3: Publicly humiliated and fired probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, so but now, like right before we left we talked about this on I think we talked about the major pod, like right the last wrestlemening, we did like my goals, like you know what, I never got a picture with Hogan. I never got a picture with Brett Hart, Like after all these years, I never asked. And I wish I would have asked for a lot of those people because a lot of the people an't around anymore. But for couple of things. One there were no like you didn't really have a cell phone camera, cameras weren't that accessible. But you would never like ask someone for a photo. And I remember when Flair was retiring, I was like, oh, like I thought i'd never see him. I thought he was like gone forever. I had a picture of me and him, like a picture, and I asked him to sign the back, and like that was like, I'm gonna ask him to sign the back. Didn't ask him for a photo. But then I remember we had worked, we'd done the main roster together for like two years. We actually worked. Wasn't not that we were best for Actually at.
Speaker 3: Least one house show loop where he comes out in like the Edge, Heed era and he like gives us.
Speaker 2: Chops all the way to the back. I don't remember that. Yeah, but anyway, long story short, and he was, Okay, who should I make it out to?
Speaker 3: But like that doesn't surprise me in the least. Know what is fifty something year old Rick Flair have in common with twenty one year old Mac Cardona?
Speaker 2: Right too? But whatever, nothing that's funny.
Speaker 3: Nothing rubber tugs in Thailand.
Speaker 2: I'll not say we did Jesus Chris massages, last clickbait headline Jack Ryder and rubbit tongues.
Speaker 3: And Thailand good good.
Speaker 2: I hope they all we got massages in Thailand.
Speaker 1: El vlog Star any road pranks you want to get into, and we'll end it there.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of them involve swaggle, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't think of anything that was like besides like putting a weird like trading card someone's bag or actually figure either someone you know, the guy doesn't like hers can play.
Speaker 3: Some funny ones, more like incriminating ones, a kind of harmless one. I guess I could tell. It's coming to mind. Was like we race back after like a SmackDown ECW taping and all in a room getting dressed to go out, putting on our affliction shirts and whatever. We thought we were so cool. And Dylan used to think it was funny to rib whoever was you know, how many, like I said, four or five six guys in a room. He would This was like a rib that Dylan thought was funny to just shit with the door open, to like sit down and take a shit.
Speaker 2: He'd also like rub his ass on things.
Speaker 3: And so Dylan does that and then like Gallas is basically like gives me the iggy, like I've had enough of this, Like I'm gonna get him. And Galas drops his pants and has his ass out and he starts bunny hopping in reverse to basically like give him like a Rakishi stink face while he's taking his shit, and Dylan's going and typical Gallas fast, he's hopping, he's hopping, and then he trips over his jeans, wax his head on the kitchen sink in the bathroom, right, and we're all laughing at that. Then Gallas comes up and he's gigged like steel cage, blood dripping down his face. It's just it was just like a surreal it all just happened so fast, like between the ship and the moon and then fucking that. It was just un just so typical.
Speaker 1: I like that Swaggle still to this day, putting his butt on thanks of course. All right, so next time we're gonna talk about the edge head run that. I think that a lot of people know more about it. Obviously lasted a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's more. I don't wanna say there's more meat on that bone. Actually, this is a lot to the major was just nobody knew because we're such a Jabron's.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thanks for listening, guys. The other bonus episode this month coming very soon. The f w F is back in the draft in July.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna kill it. I'm gonna kill my creash.
Speaker 2: What are as man speaks of