Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Game's Mike the Bulldog beyonci Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs Sports Page brought you by Kaufin and lind Entry Attorneys. Good morning, Mike Biyanki, Good morning, gents.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 2: Ready to talk some sports? Obviously it's a welcome break from the other screaming headlines this morning. Right, I mean, I think I think all of us are kind of glad to have the election done at this point and let's let's get on with things here.
Speaker 3: Hello, one vote did not count yesterday. Hold on, Dabo Swinny to clem some football coach. He went to the polls yesterday. Did you see this story?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: He went to the polls yesterday, you know, to vote, to be a good citizen, and they wouldn't allow him to vote because his given name is William, and they said there's already been a William Sweney that has voted and it was his oldest son. Oh my god, So they wouldn't allow him to vote. And he says, that's what happens when you lose a game. They lost to Louisville over the weekend. Now I can't vote.
Speaker 1: Wow, Hey, you know what talk about talking about voting and I know this is a sports page. Pat, I think you said that best. I think everybody can agree on one thing, at least the elections behind everybody.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm getting at.
Speaker 1: It's like it was so stressful leading up to it, so let's just all get along.
Speaker 2: Well, there was an election made last night of the initial batch of college football playoff teams.
Speaker 3: Bulldog, that's right, Oregon number one, as they should be, Ohio State number two after their big victory over Penn State, Georgia at number three, and yes, the Miami Hurricanes at number four, undefeated even though they haven't really played anybody, they're still unbeaten. Atop of the ACC, Texas is the fifth team, which the Gators play this weekend. Then you have Penn State, Tennessee, Indiana BYU surprisingly unbeaten. Notre Dame, Alabama, and Boise State round out the top twelve, which if the season ended today, those would be your playoff teams. Of course, Alabama has has two losses at number eleven, they would be in the playoffs if they began today, whereas one loss teams from the ACC and the Big Twelve would not certainly an indication that the SEC is still going to get some preferential treatment from the Committee.
Speaker 2: So there's a whole lot of stuff that can change over the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Of all questions, you know what needs to happen here, You know what needs to happen. Colorado needs to win the Big Twelve. We need coach Prime in the playoffs, just to spice it up, just to spice it up. Come on, love hate he would spice it up, would not.
Speaker 1: It's hard to argue against you on that. We need the Illinois who's that guy? You know what I'm talking about? The ones said, just google me Signetti. Yeah, we need say Indiana. Yeah, just google me, baby, somebody, somebody who's not like Prime but still has a hell of a record.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you guys been following this local high school story. The First Academy, the Orlando private school affiliated with the First Baptist Church of Orlando. They got bounced out of the state football playoffs fine thirty six thousand dollars by the Florida High School Athletic Association. That was last week. Well, they had their appeal yesterday. The penalties were upheld. So the First Academy TFA as it's called, goes from being a serious contender for the state championship to now having a one to nine record because of all the forfeits. They've also been banned from the postseason next year.
Speaker 1: TFA. You ready for this, Okay?
Speaker 3: They had more than thirty transfer players this year, and again thirty transfers. The center of the investigation. Former UCF quarterback Steven Moffatt, who who was the head coach at Leesburg. He leaves as the head coach of Leesburg last year, takes an assistant job at TFA, and like you know, dozens of players follow him from Leesburg to TFA. So TFA gets nailed for recruiting. So they are now out of the state.
Speaker 2: So that's not permissible under the wild Wild West.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't not even in high school. I don't think that you can just yeah, that you can just you know, recruit players like that.
Speaker 2: There's still a rule out there. My god, right, I want to hold your breath for too long as to see. Yeah, I think we get some lawyers involved here and take it up the ranks a little bit. They might end up prevailing in the end, but it'll be too late.
Speaker 3: H Right, by the way, Mike Gundhy, coach of Oklahoma State, he got in some hot water. He went on, they're not having a good season. They were preseason ranked number eighteen. They're on a six game losing streak, they're winless in the Big Twelve. So he goes on, has a press conference the other day, and of course a lot of Oklahoma State fans are complaining about him, some of them wanting fired, even though he's been really successful there for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: He needs to grow his mulletpack, is what he needs to do.
Speaker 3: Did you see what he called these fans who were criticizing him and wanting him fired. What he said, in most cases, the people that are negative and voicing their opinion are the same ones that can't pay their own bills. Oh they're not taking care of themselves or taking care of their own family. But they want me to be fired. So yeah, he got in some hot water for that. So he sent out a social media post last night. If I offended anybody, I apologize. That's Mike god Boy.
Speaker 2: The Lightning lose in Saint Louis last night three to two. Magic back on the court tonight on the road trip, Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Indiana Pacers, they need to get back. They need to get back home because they're not doing very well on this road trip. They're zero and four. They played some good teams, uh and the Pacers are one of them. So I don't know if they can win tonight. They're losing by double diges now without Paolo Benkaro. But hopefully they can get back on the winning track. I smell win.
Speaker 2: I still just when you think they've got it all in a pile and ready to move forward, they just can't catch a break.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he'll get back, and you can't have nice things in Orlando.
Speaker 2: We just stop.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he'll be back in time, all healed up to make it to the playoffs, all right.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Bionchy, host of open Mic weekday mornings on adjacent TUSS on AM seven ninety six ninety game. We're fortunate to have him take some time out of his show to join us each morning here on JRR for the sports page brought to you by Kaufmin and Lynd.
Speaker 3: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning on my station FM ninety six nine the game seven thirty am it starts. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh
Speaker 1: Lushin Tako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app