Speaker 1: Multiple people in my family clean my father, are veterans and the troops.
Speaker 2: That have been to war and now they're back and think and be grateful for their service, sacrifice, love for their country, just unselfishness, all that they do for us. There are some people in this country who take extraordinary steps to provide for their freedom and security. We forget that those people exist.
Speaker 1: We know them as the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. They call themselves soldiers, seals, rangers, airmen, sailors, devil.
Speaker 2: Dogs, and so much more.
Speaker 1: We call them fathers, brothers, sons and husbands, mothers, daughters, sisters and wives. We call them friend and neighbor. These veterans answered the call, now we answer theirs. They are the best our country has to offer, and we love them. Today, we honor them and we serve them. David Malsby is your host, and he welcomes you to this community of veterans. As together we are building the road to.
Speaker 2: Hope and adib. We are glad to have you along. On a Sunday afternoon, the nine to five oh on the AM dial here in Houston, Texas. Thank you for joining us. Those of you listening through the magic of podcasts. Wherever you listen to podcasts, just look for Road to Hope Radio and there we are got a little over eight years of shows. There so lots of stories, lots of opportunities for you to get a little hope inserted into your life. Everyone could use little hope, so check it out wherever you listen to podcasts Road to Hope Radio, and we appreciate it not only when you listen, but also share with your network, your friends, co workers, et cetera. You never know who might hear about our organization on our services that might need them. We've had multiple through the years learn about us and eventually find their pathway to us because of these radio shows. So thank you very much for sharing. Big thanks to our show sponsors allow us this opportunity to spend just a little time with you each and every week. Are Friends at a Corey Diamond and Design, Aco Ri down In Friends with a Corey Diamond and Design two eight one, two forty seven fifty five. Doesn't matter where you are, be half the country or half the world away, but they will help you. They'll do that little zoom thing and then they make sure you get exactly what you need to do business with, people that you trust, people that share your values. That is Billy and Connie Stagner, a Quarry Diamond and Design. And then we all have those oops moments and life Oops steam dot com again. If you're gonna open your doors let strangers in, make sure you are working with a trusted and effective company. Oopsteam dot Com been great supporters of ours through the years. We keep them on speed dial around our place two eight one eight two two zero five six' One oopssteam Dot. Com and then when you're ready to buy your little piece Of, Texas, Republic Grand ranch Dot com great supporters again of our, Organization. Veterans when you're ready to build that dream, home you want to make sure it's in the dream Location Republic Grand ranch Dot. Com it's not only, beautiful but the, community the people who live, there a lot of law, enforcement law. Veterans it's great, people great, community absolutely beautiful piece of, Property, Republic grandranch Dot. Com all, right we've got a couple of combat vets in here with us. Today adrian's. Back, adrian want to reintroduce yourself to the.
Speaker 3: World.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello so my name Is Adrian. Jones everyone calls Me, Jonesy i'm the mentor. ALPHABET i came here Via, Brady texas back In april of two thousand and twenty. Three graduated program That, october and NOW i giving back working There marine and served in two thousand and two to two thousand and. Four SO i did two back to back fourteen month tours while In iraq combat area.
Speaker 2: Over those. Years, again so.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and, four two thousand and, Two October october Two july two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Four, okay loved it so, much you just did. Too in a.
Speaker 4: Row, HEY i got there in the staff. SERGEANT i remember getting to. Leave What gunny at the, Time actually he Said, Joneson you're not going to stay with, me AND i was, Like, GUNNY i didn't, Argue SO i just stayed with the other fourteen.
Speaker 2: Months probably a good. Choice never seemed to win those kind of.
Speaker 4: Archments.
Speaker 2: Sir we also Have, alan Also United States Ring. Corp of Every want to introduce, Yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah hello, world my name Is Alan. Massey i'm From, Friendswood. Texas The United States Marine corps four trips To iraq from the years two thousand and three to the end of two thousand and seven and we are here. Today thank you.
Speaker 2: All indeed you, are and glad to have you. Here so it's been an interesting WEEK Ptsd Awareness month coming to a. CONCLUSION Ptsd Awareness. WEEK Ptsd Awareness day was On, Friday Big day At greenoes the every caso. COUNTS a lot of folks got some, CHEESE i, hope because, yeah every bit of that has donated one hundred percent of all cas of sales being donated to The. Foundation so very very grateful for those. Folks they've been friends for ours for a very very long. Time it is the CONCLUSION Ptsd Awareness. Month of, course we Got july fourth right in front of, us so looking forward to the cell bration of. That but as we close OUT Ptsd Awareness, month just one more, TIME i want to say that there's hope and you, Know Awareness month may come to an, end but really nothing changes the, work the, mission the, need the opportunity continues. On there's no waning of opportunity to help in our veteran. Community there's multiple opportunities to support our vets and their family. Members we at THE Ptsd foundation Of america work very hard to stretch every dollar donated as far as we possibly, can we have The Camp hope Inter Interim housing program for veterans who come from all Across, america every. Branch we haven't had anyone From Space force, yet But i'm sure it'll. Happen but all the other branches have been on our campus and in our Program vietnam. Vets we Have Korean war vets in our, groups but not in our program At Camp. Hope but it's all, free it's all at zero. Cost so if if you have the opportunity and the ability uh any, dollars you're able to support any volunteer. Hours and even AS i mentioned earlier in the, show just sharing the, podcast following us on social, media, sharing retweeting or whatever they call it now that IT'S x for you ASSING i don't know how do. YOU i don't even know how you say, that but just sharing the story helping us get the word. OUT ptsdusa dot org on social media PTSD, usa PTSD. Usa we're gonna take a quick, break be right back from more Of road To Hope radio in just a, moment and we welcome you Back road To Hope. Radio glad to have you. ALONG a couple Of Vietnam. VIETNAM a couple of veterans with. Us, yeah, yeah it's been a good day so. Far and just, anyway a couple of veterans both happen to Be. Marines that we don't get that all the, time but both marines on the show. Today, adrian remind me when you graduated From Camp.
Speaker 4: Hope so it Was october twenty sixth of twenty twenty, three.
Speaker 2: Twenty, three all, right so year and a half, ago year and a half. Ago, yeah coming up on. Two all, right and you're doing what now for the. FOUNDATION i am a mentor Of Alphabet.
Speaker 4: I've been a mentor over a year, now and, uh growing, pains, learning you, know this side of the. Program but it's it's so much fun working with these. Dealingments it's an honor faring to fall in love with. IT i mean it's uh just to see the progress and the light come on as they, say and just their gratitude, BACK i, mean want my heart makes. It it gives me purpose, again you, know and, UH i just feel good That i'm actually helping another, veteran you, know do some do some, betterment self. Betterment so it feels real good right.
Speaker 2: Now so for those. Listening uh don't really know the inner workings of the, foundation what we do At Camp. Hope What's, uh there's no such thing as typical day At Camp. Hope SO i really can't say it that. Way it's just somebody who's asked me the other. DAY i, said, well it's just never. BORING i DON'T i don't know how to say. It it's just it's never boring around. There, uh but a, day what what are the things you typically do in a course of a day as a mentor so.
Speaker 4: The Strict, well just WHEN i saw the mentor, side you, KNOW i wake up AND, i of Course i'm being grateful for the opportunity to give, back and so you, KNOW i get. Prepared IF i have a, class you, Know i'll get, ready uh to present my class to the, guys whether it be ON ptsd education or gratitude or resentment to whatever it. Be and outside of, that you, know we're doing some one on one counseling sessions with, them you, know between their sessions with their, counselors and, uh just hold them accountable for things and helping them get what they need as far as education ON ptsd and how to cope you, know with the everything that comes with.
Speaker 2: It, Alan so you're from, friends WOULD i am born, there raised, there right outside of, friends but raised. There, yeah for those not, familiar kind of on the south east. Side Houston High school was? Her what was your claim to fameigh?
Speaker 3: School claim to? Fame in high, School i'd SEE i was a decent football.
Speaker 2: Player ah, yeah who gets to decide if you were decent or.
Speaker 3: Not, well my coach didn't hate, me so, okay that, helps we'll go with. That and the teachers actually enjoyed, me you, KNOW i WAS i was always late to, class but did my?
Speaker 2: Work you sure they enjoyed that? Part?
Speaker 3: Yeah but uh, no all in, all high school was. GREAT i had great teachers and a great.
Speaker 2: Coach what position you? Play wide? Receiver no you did. NOT i. Did at one. TIME i was tall and.
Speaker 3: Skinny Now i'm tall in a little heftier middle.
Speaker 2: Age oh, Man uh how tall are? You six? Foot? Are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay all, right well that'll. Do YEAH i can take a. Hit so it transitioned well over to The Marine. Corps.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh, yeah so high school was. Good life was. Good it was it was. Good why'd you de sign to join The Marine. Corps, Uh SO i.
Speaker 3: Was WHEN i speak about my, parents my grandmother and my grandfather adopted, me so they're my mom and. Dad my dad he fought In World war, Two korea And. Vietnam SO i got uncles that were in the. Military my Sister anita From, Hopkinsville. Kentucky what's, Up? Anita she did twenty years in The Air. Force and it's really just something that went along with our. Family, okay but why the core because is the most difficult and the most. Prestigious come, on, Now.
Speaker 2: I've heard a lot of different answers to that. Question some of them made sense and some of them not so.
Speaker 3: Much and the ladies like our, UNIFORM i, mean so, yeah.
Speaker 2: See there you. Go that's, yeah that sounds more truthful to. Me when did you join two thousand and? Two, okay so right on the heels of nine to, eleven right out.
Speaker 3: Of high, SCHOOL i guess, technically SO i joined in two thousand and won the summer of two thousand and one WHILE i was still a junior in high school before nine to eleven. Happened then WHILE i was my senior, year nine to eleven, happened AND i was, like, oh all, RIGHT i guess Where i'm, going all, right, Neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah well that's Completely that does change it a, lot because joining the summer of two thousand and one pre nine to, eleven obviously probably war not the first and foremost on your. Mind i'm gonna go do my four? Years is that what your plan? Was that was my? Plan four, years go to, college call it a. Day? Gotcha uh the plan got? Interrupted, yeah, yeah quite quite. Really and so your first deployment again was when.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and Three's, iraq the initial. Invasion, okay what were you?
Speaker 2: DOING i was? Infantry, okay so for guy driving around six' ten, right now that knows Nothing about, oh okay, all, right yeah so what?
Speaker 3: Was infantry we were the guys with boots on and a rifle in. Our hands that was what, we did house to house in the middle of, the desert closed with, the enemy and simply destroy.
Speaker 5: The.
Speaker 2: Enemy salent was That, Deployment roughly that DEPLOYMENT was i want, to say, nine months and then your next deployment ten months doing the, same.
Speaker 3: Thing same, exact thing only the second time was more, urban warfare going house, to house conducting direct. Action raids direct action raids really just a pre. Planned assault so we get a whole bunch of intelligence on, a location set up our idea of what we're going to do when we, get there and that idea goes out, the window and we just kind of wing it and do the best.
Speaker 2: We can so you're eighteen nineteen years old, doing, this, yes sir the very first time you, went up what were? You THINKING so i remember when the.
Speaker 3: Invasion happened we crossed the line of Departure into Iraq from kuwait and nothing, really occurred but you could hear the bombs, going off, the rockets. The gunfire the first time our ramp, went down THAT'S when, i, said, oh who here we GO AND i i was terrified and immediately it.
Speaker 2: Went away how much did it change? For you between tour number One and tour? Number four.
Speaker 3: Every tour. Got easier in, my head it was more of a routine. Type thing we were, always told, oh yeah every time you go back less and less chance of. Coming, back well it just it was a part OF who i was at, that time so it was simple to do my mission EVERY time i.
Speaker 2: Went over and the reminders we go through, these stories we understand things can be triggering to some as they. Hear these so if you would please get this number into, your phone keep. It there it's a it's Our Combat trauma. Crisis line it is answered twenty four hours, a day seven days a week by a. Combat veteran the number is eight seven seven seven ONE seven ptsd eight seven seven seven one seven seventy eight. Seventy, three again a combat that will answer. The phone and it's important for people to. Understand, that so, for instance if you run across someone that is struggling and you can, see it they're, a veteran, and somehow some way they identify themselves as. A veteran, they're struggling, give them give them, the phone hit send on that number and let them know when you hand them, the phone like a combat veteran is going to answer. The phone it will change everything. For them eight seven seven seven one seven seventy eight. Seventy three four tours over how long a period? Of time five and a. Half years how long were you in the court altogether five and a?
Speaker 3: Half, years OKAY yep i was given the option after third to go immediately back over it'd be with a different unit and get out, on time or do a, work up which is a training work up with. My unit it's gonna be a little longer go back over. With them so there was NO way i was gonna Leave THE marines i. SERVED with i wanted to, do it even if it's a.
Speaker 2: Little longer, of course do the understand, all right we will pick that, back up and in just a second we're gonna be running to. News break those of you LISTENING on kprc nine, To, five oh those of you listen, to podcasts enjoy us music for just, a second and then we'll be right back with More of Road To. Hope radio.
Speaker 5: There's talk on. The street it sounds.
Speaker 2: So Familiar.
Speaker 5: Great expectations is watching You.
Speaker 2: Now as WE Conclude Pgsd. Awareness month i'm just reminded that so many so often feel like there's genuinely. No hope it just can never. GET better i don't know how MANY times i have heard that stated by veterans who've come into our program given up, on everything given up, on themselves given up on their, family relationships given up on whatever. They had and we have so many stories around, our campus over twenty three hundred vets who've come through our door since we open in. Twenty twelve so many stories of guys who. Came in one of our guys who's, On today we'll tell you if you ever there and happened to run across him in one of, our tours he will tell you he Came To camp hope with the Mindset of i'm going to. Do it it's the Last thing i'm going. To do i'm going to do IT so i can tell MY family, i tried AND when i, Get home i'll. End it and. We have we have so many stories. Like that but today again that that individual is on our staff doing a great job supporting his fellow veterans and living a, great life having a lot. Of fun and he's made a lot of Friends Through. Camp hope and they didn't all come through it together at the, same time but they all have that brotherhood of having come through, the program, and man he has built himself a great life and it's fun. To see and that may sound impossible. To you i'm sure it sounded impossible to him at. The time but there. Is hope there is, Life change there is dramatic. Life change it. Can, Happen adrian you've experienced that being on the other side of the desk basically other side of the conversation with the period of. Peer side and you mentioned the repurposing and how that is, for you but THERE'S also, i mean in the course of what, we do we're dealing with first, of all mental health combine related mental. Health issues most of the time there's some addiction involved, as well a pretty, strong addiction sometimes self medicating for ten fifteen Years or vietnam veterans for. Decades literally so you've seen some, great stories you've seen some, great turnarounds but you've been around long enough to also see there's some really tough moments on our campus and what. We do how do you stain yourself during? All THAT.
Speaker 4: So i just, remind myself, you Know what i'm doing this, all for and what, you know, my repurposing, you know and my refocuses well within this and How far, i've come, you know in my journey. As well and YOU know i take my time to, you know get through their emotions and feel it all and, you know grief properly and things of. That NATURE but I just i just keep, reminding myself you KNOW why i did this and where it's got, me today and how can send on my own feet with, you know what's going on in, my world and and trying to keep being a positive influence for the others still, you know, you know watching me lead them through this. As, well, so uh it's it's kind of a two part THING that. I do but, YOU know i just reminded MYSELF that i made this far, with SUPPORT so i got to, support too and so these other gentlemen can get. Through this so when something, tough happens THAT'S what i. USUALLY do i tried and MAKE sure i probably, you know take care, of myself but still stand firm for The Other veteran.
Speaker 2: Allen for deployments five and a. Half years you're very young even when you get out of, the core and you know a LOT. ABOUT ptsd, i mean you're not new to, the subject and you understand what it is and what it, looks like and how it, affects people how it's affected. You personally when did you first begin to experience some of, those symptoms whether you recognize it or somebody had to point it out. To you were you still in the core or was? IT after.
Speaker 3: I THINK when i, recognized it it was definitely after. The, core however looking back and. SELF reflecting i think that the signs were. Certainly THERE while i WAS in i was already self, medicating heavily thrill. Seeking behavior just, you know boys do things a little bit different than. Girls do we always seek out something that's a. Little DANGEROUS but, i mean, you know when you decide you're gonna roll down the highway at one hundred and twenty hundred and thirty miles an hour while you've already had a lot, of beer what that does is it doesn't just put yourself, In danger it puts other people in danger. As WELL and i mean that should have stuck, out immediately but it didn't manifest itself to, my s to me for years after, probably goodness two three four years After The, marine corps.
Speaker 2: Which again for those kind of don't really understand ptsd've heard. The bust it kind of become a buzzword, of late but don't really. Understand it that's not unusual for it to be, A while so two three four years certainly. Not unusual i've talked in war vets that, came home went, to work raised, their, family uh and never had an issue until they retired fifty, years later and then all of, a sudden they're sitting on the front porch in the, rocking chair and they start having, the anxiety they start having the, haunting memories, the flashbacks and they don't know what to, do, because like what's this? All about that was fifty, years, Ago right so it's not unusual for it to be a little. Bit delayed so when you noticed it a few, years later what did you do? About it, IF anything.
Speaker 3: I did EXACTLY what i knew how, to do which was stuff those feelings and those thoughts down, inside myself drown them with the bottle and mask them. With drugs that's EXACTLY how i dealt with IT until i decided it was time to. Seek, help well let me take. THAT back i didn't decide it was time to. Seek help it was brought very apparent to me by the people who loved me and wanted me to progress and end up. Loving, myself hey you need. Some help you've got some. Major issues and even then it took a little while for me to, finally say you, know what These people i'm really putting through a whole BUNCH of hg double. HOCKEY sticks i need to really. Get something did you GO? TO va i did how'd? That go i'm a, camp hope, ALL right.
Speaker 2: I. Hear you.
Speaker 3: They do what they, can do so that's. For, real, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're overwhelmed and it's like, anything else like literally, anything else especially something that, that massive WHICH the va is just. So massive it's all about who you meet at. The time there's good and they're not. So good it's just the way it is no matter where, You go so you got to just seek out. The good the difficulty there is if you're STRUGGLING, with ptsd first of you don't want to go anywhere NEAR, the va especially, the debaky because there's just so much going. On there, OH man i can't find a. PARKING place a hundred guys just standing in front of the door. Like that no one wants to go. Through that you don't have TO, Have PTSD like i don't want to go. Through that it's it's a tough it's a. Tough deal and if you if you don't get what, your need think you're needing when you go in, the door it's hard to ever come back and. Try again it just it's just the way it is when you first start. Having, trouble adrian how is your what were? You doing what were you trying? To do how'd you try to deal?
Speaker 4: With, it OKAY so i got out. Ten YEARS so i did ten years eight. Eight MONTHS so i got out twenty eleven, and OFFICIALLY and i didn't really notice anything until THOSE two i was in TWENTY when i was IN. The va at that point, in time, OF course i had a plethora of suicide attempts and UH so i was in there for some cardiact, heart failure BUT so, i was for lack of, better words just to, THE point i was more on a. Suicide mission, YOU know i was doing these things to uh test limits and. STOPPED caring i, don't know a lot of stuff was, going WRONG and I just I was i Was given i've. Given, UP basically i was drinking heavy and some other, you know CHOICE things i was putting in, my body, you know and it was JUST like i didn't care about ANYTHING because i didn't FEEL like i was worth anything or, no purpose. No ANYTHING so i was in a pretty. Dark place and, you know if it wasn't for what happened to me and everything AND why i WAS the va and, you know social, WORKING things i probably wouldn't have. Calmed DOWN but i was in a pretty dark place at.
Speaker 2: That point and only how did you hear? About? Camp wow.
Speaker 3: So been, married twice my, first wife she does not Know what i'm about to, tell you so she'll eventually. Be, LISTENING basically I decided i wanted to end, it all, But truthfully i'm too much of a coward to slice my wrist or put a bullet in. My Head but i'm gonna go out comfortable THE way i. Know how i'm gonna Drink and i'm gonna overdose. On drugs so we go Down, to galveston get a. Hotel, ROOM well i hate to. Do this hang in just, a second, very well picked. BACK up I from galveston here in just, a minute be right back With, Road hill. Welcome back, AND look i know these conversations can get. Really dark sometimes we'll move through this dark part here. Fairly quickly but people have to understand why there's a need of. Camp hope why do you ask, for donations why do you ask. For volunteers it's a.
Speaker 2: Real issue we're losing up to forty four veterans every single day, between suicide. Overdose addictions so this is a. Real story this is a real marine and this is really. What happened, so besides you're going to. End it you and your wife at the time go Down. To galveston, my.
Speaker 3: Wife, my daughter and myself were down there at a really nice beach front hotel. Type, THING anyway i get in an argument with her and my daughter leave to come back up to the Mainland From, go AUSTIN and i attempt to overdose on alcohol. And cocaine my wife, comes back we end up going to she takes me TO The. Va hospital AT The, va hospital the emergency room doctor TOLD me i had a massive heart ATTACK and i should probably watch. My lifestyle and that's when another, veteran ORGANIZATION somebody i was really close with, from there, said hey look there's this Place Called. Camp hope this is Probably where alan. Should Be, and stephanie she presented me with no. Other OPTION if i really, love HER and i really love My, daughter Marley then i'm going to go.
Speaker 2: Seek. Help okay and one thing you need to UNDERSTAND about i hope you will Understand About camp hope and our work AT The ptsd Foundation. Of america we certainly understand the effects of traumatic events like you. Just described what that does to. The family so we have a team that also serves. The family so you may be the spouse of someone who is going through that. Dark period please give us. A call we have a team ready dedicated to, help you and even if we can't get to, you directly we will find someone. Some way we will bring support to you because we do understand that trauma of those watching our veterans STRUGGLE. With, ptsd okay so came to. The program you actually worked for us for A while, i did and now. You're back how long have you. Been back.
Speaker 3: We'll call it three months right, around there just closer to two and a.
Speaker 2: Half months we don't need to get into, what happened but just why did you make the choice to? Come back what was it that? You thought BECAUSE because i know IT'S always i don't know, for you BUT when i hear this and this happens a lot guys are out for, a while they need to come back into. The program we don't consider. That failure we consider. That success they. Came back that's what we want them. To do but there's usually there's a lot, of shame there's a lot of. EGO involved i can't, GO back i can't go do. That again what was it that caused, You side i'm gonna do this, and again not, what happened but.
Speaker 3: JUST why i have a really good trait. Of perseverance i'm never going to give up. ON myself i no longer want to. KILL myself i no longer want to die because, Of THIS so i wasn't going to stop trying to. Seek, HELP however i do have major trust issues when it comes to my personal life and my. Personal Issues camp hope is an, amazing PLACE and i. TRUST it a major factor is the FACT that i as a MENTOR when i. Worked there everybody who's on a staff now has gone through. That program and it's not like you're talking to some doctor and some white coat who just, OH yeah i read.
Speaker 2: This in a book and this is how. You.
Speaker 3: Feel now this man next, To, Me jonesy he's actually done and lived EVERYTHING that i. Talk about he's had the same thoughts. As me he's gone through the same situations. As me how much easier is it to speak to somebody who has?
Speaker 2: Your? Experiences, Yeah absolutely and not to get it too often too the, scriptural world because everybody's. Into that but there is a Passage where paul writes To the Church, of corinth and he says he Prays, that God the god of, all comfort will comfort you in your trials, or tribulations and you have those because once you get, through those Comforted, by god you can in turn. Comfort others it's the whole shared. Experience THING and i say this to people who've Lost their i've dealt with a lot of families through, the years Long Before, camp hope, automobile, accidents murders all kinds, of things, infants DYING and i always encourage them find a group of people who've been through that same experience and are a little further down the road than you are and can help you navigate because those whatever the, trauma is there's some rough days in front. Of you as you try to process that and cope with it and, go forward you can undo. The trauma whatever the. Trauma is so find, the group find some people that have that shared experience and a little further down the road. For you there's nothing. Like It and i'm not against doctors and all that. At all that's not. The point but the best is from someone who's, been there, done that and not that they have all the Answers, like jonesy you don't have all, the answers but you've learned a lot by going through the program and now being on the other side of, the conversation you've learned. A lot you can help a lot. Of GUYS and i love what. YOU do i. LOVE that i. Love, That okay so three, months in so you still got a little ways, to go hopefully a. Long, Ways yeah i'm not talking about career or you know what your paycheck or if you're even as a. Paycheck involved but what are you hoping to gain out of this when you're when, you're done when you're ready to walk out the gates and move forward in life to whatever that. May be it's not, about that but just what do? You want what do you want? To?
Speaker 3: Experience man did y'all give me like a question? Sheet BEFOREHAND because i already have a. Perfect. Answer okay so we had wars usually have crossed eyes like me LIKE what. I don't we had a warrior group last night and the topic was very similar.
Speaker 2: To that so what my goal is my long term.
Speaker 3: Goal for all of this IS is i put, my daughter at seven years old old through some very horrible times and now she's sixteen.
Speaker 2: Years old she loves.
Speaker 3: Her dad she thinks her dad is. A superhero still through all my faults and all. MY misdirections i have a new baby boy who's fourteen. MONTHS old i want my daughter to be able To say dad had, an addiction he's a, good man he overcame, his addiction and he's a. GOOD father i want my young baby boy to never be able to say. THOSE things i want him to be able TO say i have a, wonderful dad.
Speaker 2: Simple.
Speaker 3: AS that i don't want ANYTHING that i put my daughter through to go over to.
Speaker 2: My son what's the bill been for all this the last? Three, months oh it's. Super expensive three months of my time. So far, that's, it okay. Absolutely free what's been what's been your favorite meal since you've? Been there because we've had some doozies the last, little while we've some folks bringing in some food. CHEF makings i can do shoutouts. For, places well just, you know what's what's your? Favorite meal you've had a, Camp hope i've Never had. Del, Friscos yeah oh, my goodness that was. Pretty good that was the day man We Had del friscos and true lux all in. One, Day, yeah yeah we had some, serious seafood then we had some serious Prime rib, holy moly well that was.
Speaker 3: A day did you have a day? Like That marine corps UH case b menu, number. FIFTEEN mrs i mean that's a. Close, second, Well man i'm happy for the progress. You're making thank you, very, much sir super. Super happy love. You guys love both, of, you guys and keep both. Of you keep doing.
Speaker 2: Your work once, you're done you're not done from doing. The work well you, stay, healthy ways take a, clean ways stay, moving forward continue doing. The work the things you've, been taught just keep doing. Them again our website's ptsdusa DOT org Ptsd Post Traumatic stress disorder ptsdusa, dot org a crisis line eight seven seven seven one seven seventy eight. Seventy three and wherever you listen, to podcasts Look for Road To. Hope RADIO may i shout, out somebody, real fast.
Speaker 3: Real fast, All Right marley daddy, Loves You barrett daddy.
Speaker 2: Loves you y'all are. The best there, you go got it in? All right thanks for. Joining us we look forward to being with you again. Next week for More of Road To, HOPE radio i won't do