Speaker 1: On a that was the slowest on ever. Welcome to episode four sixty of the CEO pre Show for sixty. Yeah, that feels like a bigger number than like four fifty nine, And I know that technically it is, but it's like, feels substantially bigger than just one.
Speaker 2: It is definitely one larger and holy shit about it.
Speaker 1: We are brought to you by the wonderful Patreon supporters at Patreon dot com lash CECO podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they like it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we got a new patron to shout out this week that's exciting or like a returning one. We'll talk about it on the show tomorrow. And one that's going to be at CEO Experience Calgary. Planning officially kicked off.
Speaker 2: Oh that's exciting. I think I was tagged in some stuff on discord, which I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have a tentative list of attendees that have already expressed interest. I have messaged the Dude Bros as well, the CCO Dude brows in our group chat on my phone and waiting to hear back from them, because they should be the ones that got in touch first and said that they wanted to come but they not. Not a single one of them has responded except for you.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, what a bunch of asshles, I know, right.
Speaker 1: I guess that's why we always say f you to them on the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's why I don't say glowing things about them and say there's sevens instead of seven point twos.
Speaker 1: Very much so. He speaking of seven point two, I know that you had a bunch of stuff that we talked about getting to on the pre show. We can get to it, okay. Or I have a present from my command fest Toronto weekend.
Speaker 2: Is it a dark misprint visions Griffin Canyon? It isn't, and I probably don't want it.
Speaker 1: You know what, In hindsight, I should maybe hold on to this present. I should, but you know what, I'm a nice guy, and the present truthfully isn't actually from me. It's it's through me from and you may have heard of him, a good friend of ours named Ghi Pizza. Oh. I love that guy. Yes, made all of our skulls that you saw at the intro to this. He made a Gary skull, he made a hardcorera and Brooksy skull for the Damn Media Group.
Speaker 2: He made me a gift of a brash Tunter giving the finger.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, it's funny that you should mention that. It's funny that you should mention that, because right here in my sweaty pocket, I have a altered art brash Tunter by one mister Ghi Pizza. Oh foil because he knows he likes foils of a brash Tunter giving you the finger.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so rad.
Speaker 1: So that's that's so cool.
Speaker 2: And don't even know he altered cards while.
Speaker 1: He's getting into it, and he showed me a few of his altars. And this is the best part. He gave you that. But even better than that, he picked up a copy of my Altered Art e book and he said, I'm going to give this a read, and I'm going to up my game so he can make more alters like that. Look at he he did the foil, so it still looks like it's foil underneath where he had to redo the sky. Then he painted on a new middle finger.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell even that you can see it when you know it's there. But I'm gonna show this to Sam when I get home. She's gonna laugh super hard. Think, oh my god, this is that card you're always talking about for some reason, and I'll say yeah, and then I'll never tell her that it's an altar and she'll just and she wont to think that that's how it looks all the time.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Kei Pizza and Ryan for not hoarding that as I have hoarded the Darkness Print vision s Griffin Canyon.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I showed producer Gary that when I got here today, and I think, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the first time he's ever seen a brash Hunter really, so oh second time? Okay, Well that's still you popped his brash Hunter, Sherry.
Speaker 2: Was it as exciting the second time, Gary?
Speaker 1: Well, he because he got finger blasted this time. Yes, it's geez, brash Hunter. I love your finger.
Speaker 2: We're going straight into the straight into a deck.
Speaker 1: Straight into a deck. Yes, that's where that finger is going. What else did you want to talk about? You saw Transformers.
Speaker 2: I went to see the new Transformers movie and.
Speaker 1: Was it good? I mean you said that you didn't want to and that wasn't going to be good. Were you right? No? I was.
Speaker 2: I was absolutely wrong. When I see something that's good that I'm shit talked. I have to say nice things about it, Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It's not as bad as how bad you expected it.
Speaker 2: That way, when I say something is bad, people will believe me because they know that I'm willing to admit when I'm incorrect. And if you're a Transformers fan as I am, I was, I was like emotionally invested in this movie. It's gonna ship all over the lore of trying. I was one of being one of those like neck beerd guys right banging the table, want to Spider Man. And then I went and I watched it because it's like I gotta see it, million you gotta see it.
Speaker 1: You collect Transformers things, including memories of movies that you may or may not like exactly.
Speaker 2: And when I went to see it, like, I laughed and it was crying, didn't cry. It was very well done. My only two actual complaints about it are strictly cosmetic. In then, a quintison in the movies doesn't look like a quintusng. Here's the quintison should look like. I'm gonna describe it to you with my words. Okay, picture a ball sack.
Speaker 1: I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: That's upside down.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's getting weird.
Speaker 2: It's got tentacles dangling from it, and.
Speaker 1: Then how many, uh, like one big one that could give you like.
Speaker 2: A Roman helmet, like eight really skinny ones. Oh, and then it's got five scary faces kind of around this the sides of it. That's what a quintisan looks.
Speaker 1: So okay, let me let me get this straight. It's a beholder with faces and ball sack sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, that's so, that's what. And then in this movie they were just big bulky aliens with like tentacles that had but they look kind of like little Cathu guys, kids show Brando, big Miss, big Miss.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, that's fine because maybe it's somebody's interpretation, right.
Speaker 2: And then right at the very end, don't give it away. This isn't with the ending, okay, because you know what, like at the end of every Transformers movie, they always have Peter Collin, who is the voice of Optimist Prime, my cartoon dad says some kind of epic speech about how awesome being a Transformer is. Yes, they did that in this movie, but it was Thor instead of Optimus Prime, and Thor.
Speaker 1: Tried Thorpe, did that's Liam No, Chris Hemsworth, Yes, did he play Optimist Prime?
Speaker 2: He did okay, and he did his best Peter Cullen impression, and you just don't do it, you know what I mean. It just sounded stupid, like you could hear him doing it, and it's like, nah, man, just don't do that. You did great for the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Just do your own Optimist Prime version of your voice.
Speaker 2: I have zero complaints about his performance for the whole movie except for that one scene at the end, but exactly exactly. That's if they're trying to give you the fan service though, just like, pay Peter Cullen some money. He's alive, he'll do it, you know what I mean. Like, if you're gonna try and do that, just do it. Don't half asset. My only two complaints. And if you're a Transformers fan or you have kids that just like explode bright color, kind of funny CGI movies, highly recommend it. Lots of fun and it's like eighty nine minutes long. So it's the perfect class of a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, classic like old so Disney movies, like every single movie that Disney did from like nineteen forty seven to nineteen sixty two or whatever. It was ninety two minutes long, every single one, because they like crack that code. This is how much it should cost. This is how long your kids will be entertained. This how many songs there's gonna be.
Speaker 2: This is how in the movie will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Disney cracked that code pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, so no Transformers one, highly recommend.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: You know what movie didn't crack the code on how many songs there should be? Joker too. The less I say about that, the better. But that's a bad movie. You see two and a half hours long.
Speaker 1: You see I thought it'd be good. Well, that's fine, and well the first one was good. You had reasonable expectation that the second one done in a way similar to the first one. I'll say, because I know it's it's different. Yeah, but same director, same actor, and Lady Gaga already an Oscar winner. She's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Wasn't very good movie?
Speaker 1: You didn't like it?
Speaker 2: I didn't like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, and there you go, very slow.
Speaker 2: Not my thing just wasn't for me. I don't and I don't think that people who are fans of the first one, who go in expecting a continuation, They're not going to be happy. And I don't think that people that go in knowing that it's a musical because it is, I don't think they're going to be really happy either, because it's kind of disjointed and a little weird.
Speaker 1: Was it really Joaquin Phoenix singing? I think probably.
Speaker 2: I'll bet it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll ask you one more question and we'll move on to some magic talk for people that are actually here for Commander and magic the gathering talk. Do you okay? Would you describe Joker one as a movie with lots of tension in it, lots of tense moments. Would you say it's a tense movie? I would say so, yeah, Like like a lot of thriller and action movies are, and gangster movies. Maybe we can include this in kind of like a gangster light. Sure. Do you think Joker Too as a musical had or holds as much tension? No? No? And is it because of the musicality of it or is it just because it's not as intense?
Speaker 2: It's because how they they incorporated the musicality into it just kind of took some of the tens, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like it brightened it up.
Speaker 2: Maybe, remember in all of them, in all the Marvel movies, kind of near the end of the.
Speaker 1: You're acting like you've seen all the frickin Marvel movies.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll know this reference. And so all the people out there, how every intense scene they ever did in a Marvel movie they punctuated with a joke to kind of flatten that emotion that they had elicited.
Speaker 1: That is a technique that storytellers have been using since the fifteen hundreds. You might have heard of William Shakespeare. He invented that comic relief. It's called right.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have because if you overuse it.
Speaker 1: Shakespeare didn't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: If you overuse something like that, it steps. Your movie kind of is flat now, And that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of what balances that. It balances the tension with with lightness, airiness, comedy too much, you know, too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just they went a little bit too hard on and it just kind of didn't end up being that good. So, man, if you want to see it, by all means, but be aware it is a musical. It is two and a half hours long, and it's.
Speaker 1: Not very good. Bro I saw Rent in the theater.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Out of all movies that I should have seen, and out of all the movies that I haven't seen, yeah, Rent is one that I have And in the movie theater, Dang, what the ass was I doing? I don't know? And it was there three other dudes. I didn't even go on a date with a chick a lady. What the ass?
Speaker 2: What were you thinking?
Speaker 1: And then and then this is gonna make it sound really bad. We all shared a hotel room because we're in Edmonton. And then I got strep throat. I don't want to fill in all the blanks in between all of those.
Speaker 2: Things, nor do we want you to.
Speaker 1: No, But like I was so sick on the drive home, I had a fever for like two days. I got a rash man possibly related to having a fever and strep throat. Not for other reasons or in other places, but I will say there was a jacuzzi tub because we were in the Roman room in the Galaxy Hotel. Ever stay in one of the theme rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we stayed in the hotel, the Hollywood big Wig Room.
Speaker 1: We stayed in the hotel room in the HOTELANDO. That was not a theme room.
Speaker 2: It was just like every other hotel.
Speaker 1: It was so good. It was the perfect hotel experience. Have you ever stayed in the Dusk Morn room?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any dusk Morn cards come into play at the LGS?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 1: I have not because I haven't been there.
Speaker 2: You can't drive, remember, Yeah, I do recall, I do recall you. You were in Toronto, you might have seen you know what. I didn't play a lot of games, I know, but I.
Speaker 1: Do have a little bit of a Toronto recap. I did want on Commander at Populum, but I have a little bit of a Toronto recap and some stuff to talk about on Commander Cookout. The deck we're doing is going to go a little bit fast, So I have a couple other things that I would love to touch on, and a little bit of Toronto is good. Yes, But what did you see and how was it? What is what is dusk Morn done thus far?
Speaker 2: So far? Not a huge amount. And we've two here's something that both of us are going to kick ourselves in the face about. Actually, I saw two pre cons of dust one play and we were completely right about them, and that they weren't really good, okay, and they didn't have the things that they needed to make them work.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Did you know that the Amanatu one has an infinite combo in it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Does one of them. One of the doors turns all your permanence into enchantments. One of them has whenever an enchantment comes into play, you copy it. Oh, and it's a creature, so it comes in, copies itself, copies itself, copies itself, copies itself, copies itself, copy infantinum up to a number. And since it says may on it, then you stop and then you pass the turn, and when it gets back to you, you win the game.
Speaker 1: Ah, does watsy know that? Or at the time that they built it.
Speaker 2: They better have, because I mean, we missed it, but of course we missed it, We're idiots. But and it's also it was also the only thing that that deck can do to win, because holy crap, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You got you got to take Amanatu or Master of the Keys out and you got to build those decks because those decks I think would slap.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the deck that they come in don't, at least in my we played two games with it, both of which were just abysmal. And we saw the Red Black deck played as well. It held its own a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Deck in Toronto is going for like one hundred and five bucks.
Speaker 2: It had the same issue that we talked about on the show, where it has all the stuff that it needs, but it works it's like working on the wrong axis. So it just was real clunky, and the clunkiness kind of came through in a lot of the turns.
Speaker 1: You know what I and this is fortunately this is maybe just a meeting, but whenever I've boughten a pre con and not kept it and modified it. But because I've only really ever done that maybe once with my Souron deck, which was already a good pre con. You drop your Commander, you get like twenty five power on the table. It's pretty good across three bodies. Yeah, right, and then you add things like like Laurian Revealed and the One Ring and every other good card from Lord of the Rings and Gris's colors, like the deck is fine. Yeah right, But I think if I was if you said you have to pick a pre con and you have to just modify one card at a time over the course of like a year. Maybe you play like thirty games and you in a year you change thirty cards. Okay, I think that that would be fun because you can identify the clunkiness and the clunkers if you will, and replace them and tweak them over time, and have the satisfaction of knowing, oh, I finally get to take this clunker out, or oh my god, I took this clunker out and put this card and I finally get to play it. I think with pre cons that are a little bit suboptimized on purpose as a means to feel good when you upgrade them, I think that that's something I would like if I was a pre con mod kind of player. I'm not, no, I mean I'm not either, but that kind of thing. I appreciate what you're saying that I can see how it would be like appealing.
Speaker 2: And I think that you are you are correct. I think that you are based on my experiences with those. I got to play a couple of New Dusk Warning cards, and by a couple, I mean I got to play the same one three times. It was screaming Nemesis each time, and each time because I was playing with five color.
Speaker 1: Scream screaming Nemesis. That's one that has your life total.
Speaker 2: Right, No, that's the one that when it takes damage, you can deal damage to something else. Kind of brash tauntosh but if it hits a player, they can't gain life for the rest of the game. And I was playing with five colored monowad angel Aira and who always has life gain in his deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get bent.
Speaker 2: So it's just like there we go, and he was just he looked at it and was like that turns my whole deck off. And I was like, yep, better not attack me then, and then it's like okay, fine, I won't and then he attacked Ben and then it goes around to Ben's turning like hey, Ben says, what it's nice two? Two? You got there? Yeah, I got a three three you could attack into and old Aaron's gonna take two and can't gain life for the rest of the game. And Aaron's like and then we got him. It was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah good. Last time I played a deck played against him in one of his stupid life game decks, he's at like eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he would have been at eighty nine like right away too. Yeah, we got him right at the right time, the screaming Nemesis. I can vouch for great card fantastic.
Speaker 1: Good, good good, and pre cons. We were kind of right, yeah, we're yeah, well you know what we are doing tomorrow. We are doing a pre con commander.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, we are doing a pre con deck. The buddy that sent it in said that he heard us talking shit about it. It's the civic one. Yeah, and we don't don't.
Speaker 1: Give you own any more information.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what, I think I can. I'm gonna take this on and I'm gonna I can do it. And he built a deck that actually does seem like a would be pretty good and it looks fun to play. I think is the best part. I'm excited to talk about this deck that I do have.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I do have lots of notes on it for the booster Pack game. Two ways to enter. Okay, you can let us know what pre cons you've played with or against, and which ones you like, which ones you think we're wrong about from last week's review, or whatever. If you have any experience with dusk Wren that is, or if you're a Patreon supporter, you're gonna get picked at random from all of the active patrons, and I have a Patreon winner from last week. Okay, okay, we're gonna read the name. Okay, and then whoever that person is, they gotta let us know via email commanded Cook at gmail dot com. If you want a CEO sticker pack, he Ceco token pack, yeah, or Crime old pack a magic Look at look at it on the screen. You can you can just barely see the middle finger planes Walker stick Uh. Okay. So Matt Moore head which was him?
Speaker 2: Do you think that means he has just like a giant head? He has like two scoops of head.
Speaker 1: Or we we went somewhere else with that.
Speaker 2: He's got like an eight head.
Speaker 1: I want two scoops ahead, look on your shoulders.
Speaker 2: No, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 2: Does this guy look like a fucking funko pop like? Is that what's happening? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Maybe it does? Warhead get after us if you want to win your prize. Have you felt any of the impact of the bands the recent bands?
Speaker 2: Remember we talked about I was joking about it all of ed, H and M last night as we're recording us last night, because I only brought decks that lost cards just to like, I'm going to see you know, I replaced Manacrypt and what's his name Cox slatting Storags with Mountain, you know what I mean, Like, let's let's go in and see. And I was just because I got blown out first in the first two games of God damn it without the car. But I mean whatever, rightly, it is what it. I got land flooded and I got man of screwed. But whatever, the point is, I haven't noticed a difference. I don't think anybody else in in our playgroup at the tables that we were at no difference, And from conversations I was eavesdropping on, most people seemed pretty behind the bannings in.
Speaker 1: Principle, like in favor of the not behind, as in they didn't hear about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they're they're they're in favor of them happening, but they could see if something gets unbanned in the future due to changes in the power of structure of DH, yeah, they're not gonna be mad. With the exception of dockside extortions, I think everybody seems to agree that that one can fuck off and stay fucked off.
Speaker 1: Dock side you mean cox slide. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, lots of talks. That's what I a little bit wanted to touch on of my Toronto experience is there was actually a ton of talk and not any like animosity, just kind of and without making it sound all kumbaya and stuff, right, but like just general feelings of sad or I felt let down, like this shouldn't have been how everything happened, and it's too bad that, like the vocal minority caused while the Commander Rules Committee to have to step down turnover control of the form 're at TOWATSI like this faceless personality, less entity for them to make these rules, this commander bracket system whatever, that's going to look like a little bit more concrete. In addition to pregame, in addition to rules here and now we have this thing that we have to plug our decks into and it tells us what bracket we're in, and that's how we're going to decide games. It's like it's like turning over what we do to AI to tell us, oh, what should command or cookout be today? Via AI? Right, It's like, why do we need this when we can just be a community and use language to talk to each other, right, and I know that we're on the same page about this thing, Like it's just don't be a dick and actually be honest and forthcoming and friendly, like these aren't hard rules to follow, but for whatever reason, the vocal minority is always the one that is so so so in your face. And then the result is is a very extreme response back to the vocal minority. Right. And I'm not saying that I agree with the vocal minority, and I'm not saying that they are right. I'm just saying that the response as a result is also extreme. When when the response is like when the initial backlash of the bannings was so extreme. Right. So that's a lot of what I talk to people about.
Speaker 2: I think that we went past the point of right or wrong even being relevant to the conversation, put towards the result because it doesn't matter if you agreed with the bands or didn't. It didn't matter if you wanted the rules community to step down or you didn't, because the point the fact is people went way too far, and people like were getting legitimate threats to their lives and their families' lives, and they it got pushed way too far. And I said on the show last week, yeah, get rid of the RC. I don't get rid of them. I said that, and I got what I wanted, but I didn't get it in a way that I actually wanted. You know, It's like getting the job because the guy who had the job dies, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get it that way.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like that is kind of the conversation that people are having, at least online now and who I've been talking to a lot of it's around like how just brutal and I don't want to use the word toxics, it's it, but like it it sucked how these people got their their lives threatened and right and got torn down to the point where they felt like they were in danger and they had to leave and hand over it and then the game to wats and.
Speaker 1: They couldn't do this thing anymore, that they were being forced out of this thing that they love and care for and cultivate, right. And I'm saying that, and I know that people are going to disagree with it because oh, well, they're in with WATSA, they're watch the employees. They sold their cards to make all this money pre band, Right, Okay, there's people that are saying that I'm saying the opposite in that the people that were talking like Olivia Gooberthix and Jim Lapage and shivam Bot and the people that work for Watsie that are the members of the RC, people that we know and people that we know have a like a deep connection and love for the game of magic, who loved the position that they're in, that they could help make magic better and they got forced out based on slipping up. Really like, did they wreck the game?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Should they have communicated it better yes? Yes? Or more timely? Hey, these are the kinds of things that we're looking at. These are the kinds of cards that fit into this category that we're monitoring. Play them or don't play them, or keep track of when they affect games in a meaningful way and let us know and we can start this dialogue, right like, these are the ways that you can handle situations like these bannings a very expensive prolific cards that didn't happen. But that isn't a reason to treat people so poorly and verbally attack them, right, And it's I think I think it's a little bit of a black mark, like honestly, the bannings on September twenty third, little bit of a black mark on WATSY and RC for not communicating. But it pales and is a drop of water in the ocean compared to the black mark. That is the community response.
Speaker 2: I'm taking legal action.
Speaker 1: I'm suing these people. I'm sending them threads. They need to their heads need to roll. No, that's a black mark. And if that was you, that is that's on you to wear that and to know that you caused, like lots of people a lot of distress. And I know that we're not speaking to most of those people because CCO Nation is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Rule number one don't be a dick.
Speaker 1: Rule number two through ten also doesn't be a dick. Right Like, so I don't know, I don't want to beat a dead horse, and so many, so many other creators are talking about that. But I continue to get asked, and nearly everybody that I talked to over the weekend in Toronto who knew that I was with CEO and was thinking and covering this kind of stuff was asking me, Like even face to face games employees, right we're saying, hey, what do you think. I don't blame Commander, what do you think? And I'm like, man alive, tell you it's it's not really a good time to be a Commander player right now because it was our community that made Magic look bad. And it's funny, I'm having deja vu because I know that we've talked about this kind of thing before. It's like it's not getting better even though it continues to happen, and it's so frowned upon by the other vocal minority, the people saying the positive good stuff, right, but that stuff doesn't get doesn't get the attention or get the clicks or the views or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, it was bound to come here. I think basically, when everything happened, I think that this is where we were gonna end up. I didn't want to say anything because but I mean, I think you probably knew too. I'm a little bit more cynical in real life than Ryan is, so I kind of had a feeling this is where we're gonna end up.
Speaker 1: But you're also loving and caring, right, like you care about these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm never gonna say, hey, buddy, go you can kill yourself. I'm never gonna do that, and I'm never gonna say that I'm gonna help them do that. So, like Ryan said, like the Bannings were the black Eye on command if somebody punched it right in the face, real big shiner, couldn't even say got hit with the door knob.
Speaker 1: And then they put a sign on their chest saying I'm the puncher, right like then they wore it like, yeah, I was right, and I think that they should. And then like doubling down, man, it makes me. That part makes me mad.
Speaker 2: And the RC leaving is a chemical burd you poured lie on your hand. It's a scar. It's not gonna go away. It's gonna it'll fade, and it'll it'll always be there. And that's the thing that kind of womps. And as much as I didn't want the RC to to stick around after the event, I felt like, okay, like if this is the kind of thing that they can do kind of unchecked on a whim, that's not that's not okay. Either didn't deserve response, but still not okay. We go back to I remember when the first Commander decks were printed, the very first ones, and you and Laura and I got into a discussion slash argument, how I didn't want Watsey to take control of our casual format, and I didn't want that to happen at all, and I still don't, but I feel a little bit more secure in my what's the word I'm looking for? Faith is the wrong word, But I feel more comfortable if I'm going to go out and not invest in something, if I'm going to buy something that's a little bit higher end, that it's not going to get the rug pulled out, Because at the end of the day, it's better that we have a monster that we're feeding that it only cares about this one thing. And as long as we all know that, it makes going forward from a collector's standpoint a little bit easier.
Speaker 1: Because see, that's a take I haven't heard yet. WATSI cares about the amount of excitement in your wallet where the RC didn't. And while you didn't want the R, you didn't want Watsea to take over governing the rules for our casual format. You feel like they're doing it in better faith because they have a very clear objective that we can measure right. You feel better than the Watsi's kind of ethereal objective of we want the game to be fun.
Speaker 2: For good or for ill. I think that the for good, like, at least we know and it's not that we didn't.
Speaker 1: Know the RSELT.
Speaker 2: The RC was probably planner and they're gonna insider trade all these cars. You get ready, Yeah, that's not what I'm saying. They they obviously wanted the format to be fun, but they had a very amorphous goal in mind.
Speaker 1: And because ten million people play Magic and it's fun in different ways, ten different million people.
Speaker 2: People have and you can't make everybody happy, and obviously obviously obviously, but when you're trying to make air quotes, everyone happy. But at the end of the day, the only people that you really want to make happy are your shareholders because money that's easy to understand and it's easy to work around. And at least we're in a framework now where we get it. And I'm not gonna say that the sky is falling yet. I think I don't think this bracket system is gonna work. I think fuck that. But I've also said for years, yeah, fuck rule zero two, like just don't be an asshole and don't show up to pubstomp people when there's nothing on the line, and we're all gonna have fun. And if somebody is doing that, remember what their face looks like, and don't play with them anymore. If you have a friend that's doing it, tell them to stop or you're not gonna play with them anymore. That's how friendly relationships work.
Speaker 1: You know, in a real life it's to know what the framework is that the governing body cares about, or what the end goal of the governing body is. Now that that does give you kind of a kind of a track to walk along or a pathway to understand along, right, whether you like or not. Right. Fun was too subjective and too ethereal, right, and what is casual versus what is competitive? To ethereal too subjective? Right, But knowing what this is, this is we know what this is and that's the way it's going to be handled now. Like when Commander eleven came out and it was starting to become about this soul rings in every deck we made up Command Tower. We're giving you new legends that you've never seen before, specifically for this format. This is what the game is turning into. Give me your excitement, right, and if we're all moving along that same pathway. We all know what the rules are, and we can all reasonably expect that if anything is going to abruptly change, it will be communicated before that change happens. So call it a blessing in disguise. Ultimately, I mean, you get anything big enough and one face, one person, one small group of named individuals can't handle it anymore, can't handle it anymore, and it needs to be driven by a team of people behind a firewall. That is the multi billion dollar publicly traded corporate enterprise, evil money like corporation.
Speaker 2: It is has bro till all are one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So man, we probably went I don't even know how long, probably another forty minutes on another on the ban lists and stuff. But it's important to talk about because again, we can talk about it together because we know where each other stands, and if I think you're wrong, I'll tell you, and vice versa. Ye, and we're friends and we can agree or disagree on kind of the same terms. And when we talk face to face there's tone and inflection and thoughtfulness and facial expressions. When you're screaming at a phone screen or your computer screen or listening to a podcast, Alan in your car. You don't get any of that communication. You don't you don't get any of the subtleties. So to really flesh it out and get like I say, penetration into the topic, I think is so so so important that it's not gonna end. So much so that Uncle Brando actually even had some feedback from some of the people we go to the Coachman Licensed Beverage Room with on EDH Night is maybe and let us know in the comments if you'd like more talk like this on the show proper instead of a deck tech or as many deck techs on all of the new products that we do. So, I don't know, we'll mention it on there. We'll mention it on the show too, because I like having conversations like this. Yeah, and I think it's really good for like CCO nation community building to to let everybody know kind of how we all feel without again sounding too kumbaya being a fucking asshole or being an asshole. If those are the two ends of the equasion, right, we.
Speaker 2: Can all say around hold hands and kiss where you can be assholes. And I mean, I guess I.
Speaker 1: Kind of don't want to do either of those. I want to. I want to go right in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right in the middle.
Speaker 1: And then it's easy because because like a little bit either way. You know, maybe Uncle Brandall gives me a misprinted Griffin Canyon one way, and maybe I'll give him like a brash Taunter the other way. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I already have the brash Hunter. I don't need to give you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm giving a team good faith.
Speaker 2: You didn't say that before you gave it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, but I can change the rules.
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I can't. No, you do that every time I see you at CECO Experiences.
Speaker 2: That's my job, though, that's literally my job. That was one of the rules we came up with when we came up with the rules for the game. Oh, you follow the rules, must not die in there. I do not, and you were not. And that's why that rule got unanimously passed because your team didn't even back you up. They backed me up because they knew it would be funny. Oh, and that's why I'm Oh, I'm like X and whatever Ceco Experiences, I'll win all the time.
Speaker 1: X and fifteen don't even have to show up.
Speaker 2: I just win. Oh, it's pretty good. Well, it's a good way to live your life. This is by winning all the time and everything, even if you cheat. Nah, I don't cheat.
Speaker 1: No, don't cheat.
Speaker 2: Don't cheat it, don't cheat it really cheat, just win.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Toronto Recap, Patreon Sidewalk Slam, we're setting that up. We've got a potential date yeah yep, and we've got a deck to do tomorrow for sixty Wow hit our theme song, Birber