Speaker 1: Well, hello Minnesota. Goodbye podcast crowd. There's what we call them good buyers. No, that's lame.
Speaker 2: GB's what no goodbyes, GB's goodbyes. No.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean because like you know, Rihanna's got the Navy, there's the Ariators.
Speaker 2: There's you know, like different Swifties. Yeah, the Swifties yea, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't have anything. Now I'm gonna start.
Speaker 2: Off huh, We're working on it. It'll workshop.
Speaker 1: Here is an email from Kayla, Hello, Ryan Show friends, just a few things from today's show, meaning Monday Show. Apologies if it's too long, Dave. If you need a reason to hate the Philadelphia Eagles, you got the most perfect right up your ali reason. I too, hate the Eagles because they hired a known animal abuser, Michael Vick as their quarterback after he was convicted and served time for murdering innocent dogs. I cannot forgive an organization for something so truly sickening. Yeah, you know, I think Philadelphia is just a garbage football team. I don't know anything about the city. I know some nice people from there. But there's a story and I'm going to talk about on the radio and there's a video if you google it. There's a Philadelphia fan at the Packers game over the weekend and Philadelphia beat the Packers, but they're up in the stands and this guy, probably fifty ish years old is calling a what he's in Philadelphia gear, and he's calling a Green Bay Packer fan the seaword, a dumb ugly seaword, you stupid, dumb ugly seaword. And she's looking at her boyfriend, who's video in the whole thing, and she's like, God, what's this guy's problem. And the boyfriend's like, hey, stop it, and he's like, well she is, she's a dumb ugly seaword. And so it's all over social media and people are saying this is typical of a Philadelphia sports fan experience. If you go to a Philadelphia Eagles game or a Phillies game, or a whatever game, Flyers game or whatever, that this is the kind of shit that they will do to you. Whereas if you go to a Vikings game and let's say you're from Baltimore, we don't care, we might rib you. There might be one asshole in the crowd here and there. But they actually caught this guy turns out that he's fifty years old. Jenny just walked in. Have you seen.
Speaker 3: Fan?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I'm talking about, right, Yeah, So they found him because people identified him. He works in the hospitality industry. He's at a job at you know whatever, ABC whatever, and they found out his name, and so I'm going to guess this guy is going to be fired, canceled and definitely regret it. But this is one of the reasons why I just don't like Philadelphia. They have a police station in their stadium because they have so much crime and whatever, and so Philadelphia is just a garbage football team. And plus they hired Michael Vick. Do you know the Michael Vick story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like the reason vont likes that isn't because like the whole Michael Vick. Honestly, I feel is way too young to even remember that, the whole Michael Vick thing, because I remember when that was like hot button in the news.
Speaker 1: Well, I couldn't believe that he was ever forgiven for that one because what he did was so detestable. He basically fought dogs. They would have dogs fight, and then once they were injured or worthless or whatever, he would kill them, and there were stories about how he drowned it by holding their head under a bucket of water. That's so sad and to me, I'm sorry. Maybe somewhere down the road you might be forgiven for it, but you certainly should not enjoy the limelight, fame, and money of playing in the National Football League. So fuck you Philadelphia Eagles. That's what we should call this content. This what is fucking Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Can? I did see a story. Do you guys follow the Instagram account? It's called Tank's Good News. I know it's really popular, so I thought maybe you guys would follow it. But it was like, oh, Philadelphia Eagles play takes a little girl to father daughter dance because her father passed away and she is like a super fan whatever, okay, And so I go and I read and it's actually a guy who used to play for the Vikings who actually has like DMed me before. He doesn't play for the Eagles right now. But I went to the comments because I was like, he doesn't play on the Eagles anymore, Like he only played I think in like like two years ago or something. But the comments were like see, like Philly has the worst fans but the best team, like people were defending how like the fans are got awful, but the team is good and stuff.
Speaker 1: I can kind of see that because the fans the players aren't from Philadelphia, right, Most of the players are from like Nashville or Utah or southern California or whatever. And I don't know why Philadelphia fans are such shit bags, but they are. But I will say not all of them are, because e. White who used to work at Cato would be really nice.
Speaker 2: Guy, right, but super nice.
Speaker 1: But anybody who would sit there and call a stranger a dumb ugly sea word because they're a Packer fan?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, next email, let's see what we got here. The same email, Kabla says, Jenny, you have so many lovely qualities, but I gotta say, girl, are you getting more and more disgusting with your descriptive scenarios lately? Like the hot tub taking off all your dead skin cells? Like why, Jenny, Why? And then when you're explaining your Dave tank invention, you started out saying, you know, when you have one of those poops and I just have to fast forward thirty seconds and skip what comes next. I could not like why why? This is just two examples of the very many and yes, joking tone intended, but I'm also so serious at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, hell, I'll pull it back. I'll pull it back a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I forget how disgusting I am because it's just me and my everyday life. But I'm sure a lot of people don't want to always hear that on the radio.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that. I think it's fine. I think that being real on the radio is. But you're more than just a girl who poops a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, the Jakouzzi like dead skin and the jacuzzi. It's based off of Dave always talking about how jacuzzi are just filled with dead skin and dirt, and that's why. So that's why I made that commentation. It wasn't because I'm like shitting constantly and I'm the disgusting human. I am a disgusting human.
Speaker 1: Though It's funny. If you get into a jacuzzi and it's bubbling like a bubble bath, that means it's dirty and it means that the whatever chemicals are not doing their thing. And my Colorado jacuzzi is bubbling a little bit, but it's my own filth, so I don't really mind it for Bailey? Does it get awkward when the show, especially Dave, refers to baileyan Trip and couple of scenarios even though they seem to be very casually dating right now. I'm only curious if it bothers either of them in reality, or maybe it's just baby Bailey being a good sport and doing her part to keep the bit going in the moment.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I feel like just because I know what you're talking about though, Like when we're talking about scenarios, we're like, oh, Jenny and Andrew, Dave and Susan and Alyssa and Vaughn, and then they just pair me with Trip even though I'm not. We're not together together. Trip is not my boyfriend, so I mean, it doesn't bother me and it does not bother Trip, So it's yeah, I guess I'm being a good sport.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you say that Trip loves it?
Speaker 2: Honestly? Oh, I'm sure loves it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, immediately posted on a snapchat when we're talking about how using chat GBT to give Bailey pointers, and he immediately was like posting about it and how katiewb is talking about him. So I feel like it's like he'd probably be more sad if we weren't pairing you together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to make him seem like he's yeah, Katie was talking about me again, like yeah, he posted on Snapchat. But it was like when katwb is analyzing your relationship again and you're just you know, chilling at home or whatever. So it's not like he's like, yeah, they're talking about me again, because I feel like I would have picked up on that and been over that, put the kabash on that so sooner.
Speaker 2: But no, we're just chilling. We're just chill.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting because I back before didn't just talk about their personal lives on the radio. It just did not. People did not talk about their personal lives on the radio until probably the late two thousand zeros, like twenty two thousand and eight or so. What did we do on the radio. We played parody songs, parody commercials, we did bits, we did War of the Roses. But we didn't talk about, like, you know, your relationship or how you fought with your partner last night, or how you got caught having sex in the walmart. You know, shampoo aisle. Oh, you know, we didn't talk about things like that. So I've never had a weird experience with a girlfriend hearing about her stories on the radio. Like before I dated Susan, we'd never talked about girlfriends on the radio. I don't talk about Susan on the radio now, but she's so used to it she doesn't even listen to the show anymore. So does Andrew get a little bit weirded out when you talk about him on the radio, Jenny.
Speaker 3: It's not necessarily about him. It's the fact that he has clients that listened to the show. So he doesn't want his clients hearing something that his flesh light. Yeah, like about that exactly. Yeah, So it's it's definitely that. The only experience I have with that was, if you remember the story, I was at a bachelor app party, a guy came over with me afterwards, came home with me, and we were in the shower. He got out, I was still in the in there. I came out and he was gone, And if you remember the cliff Notes version, he somehow drunkenly stumbled into my neighbor's apartment asked naked, but as naked demanding to know where I was walking into the bedroom he thought was my bedroom and there's a dude laying in that bed now. And so that was the one time where he came back over to my apartment. The next morning we figured it all out whatever, But he was really stressed because I was like, you know, I'm going to talk about this on the radio, and he was like texting me, He's like and I'm like, I'm not going to say your name, like, don't worry. But he was like so stressed about it because you know, he had like a corporatey job, didn't want anyone to know it was about him and stuff, and I'm like, this is such a funny story. I'm not not going to tell this on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting because some people are with being talked about on the radio. I've worked with everybody. I mean, kind of the one of the rules on our show, if you're gonna be hired on the show, you got to kind of be an open book. And there's never really been anybody on the show who was like, yeah, I don't want to talk about my boyfriend or how I argued with my mom or things like that, because I think that's kind of one of the rules on our show is you know, we try to be relatable and talk about things that everybody else goes through, like real stuff and not everything is is wonderful. And finally they say something really nice about vont Leak. They say no for vont What a great freaking kid. For real, He's such a natural on the radio. I have no I doubt, no doubt that would translate to TV too. Sky is truly the limit for him. I'd be so proud to brag about my son if he were my kid. I'm currently kidless, and he's absolutely not just likable, but lovable. He is also ten no, one hundred thousand percent correct McDonald's fries are trash. I'll join him on that hill. I don't agree. I love McDonald's fries. By the way, I've been listening since twenty les and after a random iHeartRadio app discovery, and it's been a joy to join you daily ever since. Love always your San Diego friend, Kayla. Or maybe I should end with a little dart lick bye. I love, love love when people who don't live here listen to our show, because there are some great shows in San Diego. But the fact that you chose our show really means a lot. Because you don't live in the cold, you don't root for the Vikings, you don't suffer through the twins, you don't know anything about four ninety four traffic, but you listen and I just love that, so thank you. That really speaks highly of our show. And that's a huge, huge compliment. Thank you, Kayla. Okay, next one, let's see, I got to do another one, because some of these are not meant for the radio. Let's try this one. Don't say my name. Some family and friends don't know yet. On Christmas Eve, yes, Christmas Eve, my dad found out he has cancer. We didn't know exactly what kind of what stage, but it was a punch to the gut. Long story short. After weeks of testing and scans, we now know it is stage four prostate that is now in his liver and lungs. My gosh, I feel like my world is shattered. I find myself crying all the time. The constant pit in my stomach won't go away. I have three young kids that absolutely adore their papa, along with the six other grandkids he has. We all know eventually our parents will pass it's a part of life. You think you'll be prepared for it, but you aren't. Thankfully, I have the best siblings, and we all know we'll all really have been supportive of one another. My kids know their papa is sick, and only my oldest knows it's cancer. Any advice on how to talk to them about this. I don't want to scare them, but it's going to be really hard on the kids. They are eleven, six and four. My heart just breaks for them. Thanks guys, Wow, I was not expecting that on the Minnesota Goodbye today. I have zero advice for you. I don't know anything about how to tell kids that their grandparent is going to die of cancer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I wonder if if you're religious then I mean my parents would always say, like, you know, they're going to Heaven and they're going to go to you know, be with.
Speaker 2: God and be with Jesus.
Speaker 4: So I guess that was kind of comforting, but not necessarily Like, I don't have real, like any real advice. I think anytime my grandparents died, it was just kind of like you would find out after they.
Speaker 2: Died that they died. So it's hard to like give advice for.
Speaker 4: Like someone who is actively dying, except for like I don't know, spend as much time with Papa as you can.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that too, and remember, you'll never ever regret all the time that you've spent with your dad or with Papa. That is just sad, and it's sad for him. I don't know how old your dad is, but I'm going to guess if it's prostate cancer that can come on like in the forties or fifties. They say that every man who lives long enough will get prostate cancer, and sometimes it's very very survivable. My dad had it for probably fifteen years before he died, and it's got to be caught early. So make sure you say your mo, mom, your dad or brother whoever in for the prostate exam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Last one this is from Christine and she says, good morning, Dave Jenny Bailey. This morning, after my workout of the gym, I made my way to the showers to get ready for my day. I am a female, so that it took place in the female locker room. The shower that I always use was occupied, so I just jumped into the next one and it was not prepared for what happened next. In the middle of my shower, I hear from the shower next to me, the one I usually went into allowed hawk and then she lets out a tua. She hawked a lugi in the shower so loudly. I was shocked. I was grossed out, but hey, I'm a glow with the go with the float person. So after I got over my feelings of being grossed out, I let it be. Maybe the lugi couldn't wait, she needed to get it out then and there she's in the shower. The lugi just washed away down the drain. No biggie. But then she did it again. When I say she hawked to it, she made the exact sound she hawked, and she hawked to it so loudly. I mean, she wasn't trying to hide that she was spitting in the shower again. Again. I was grossed out, and I was just trying to finish my shower at this point and get on with my day.
Speaker 2: But she did it a third time most she must be ill.
Speaker 1: I finished up, she was still in the shower, so I didn't get to see the human that did this. You know, the feeling you just want to see what the person looks like that grossed out. I wanted to ask, what have you experienced in a public place that grossed you out so bad? Make you think? Do you really think it's okay to do this in public? I look forward to hearing your stories. Would I be able to get a staff writer sticker? I mailed once before, but I didn't get one yet. Yes, Christine, I've got your email and I just sent it already to Secretary Brie Jenny Neve, you're the gross pro queen of the story of the show. What do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not like I don't do things in public like that. I would say, I don't necessarily think it's gross. But I was the one who spotted at Valley Fair or the guy that was wearing a hat that's had let me see that. Butthole was Yes, come on, man, there's kids around here.
Speaker 1: Like what that was about five ish years ago? Was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Honestly, only maybe like three or four because it was after COVID Like we took a bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, I remember that. Yeah. I don't really have anything that's gross. If somebody somebody blowing their nose at a nice restaurant if you sit at a nice restaurant, you really should not blow your nose at the table at a nice restaurant. I mean, I guess if it's McDonald's, I don't care as much. But if you're at a nice restaurant, I don't want to hear you're snot burbling through a cleanex burbaling. Hey, thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Let me get your responses on anything we talked about today, anything gross that you saw somebody do in public. I'll give you one really quick. I'm just my daughter, beth Is is wonderful, and I kind of in a way I get it. But she changed her kid's poopy diaper on the airplane on the tray table when and here's the reason why. I think at the time she had a probably a four year old and a one year old, and they were flying just Beth and the little baby and the four year old. Sure, and the baby pooped their pants and she was on the inside, so she would have had to get the person, you know, to stand up and whatever, and then walk to the back and then keep an eye on a three or four year old while she changed the other one. So she changed the shitty diaper right there at the tray table, and I really was. I wasn't mad at her. I was more just judgmental and annoyed. It was like, Beth, no, no stranger should have to sit there and tolerate you changing your baby. Shitty diaper just should not happen. And She's like, Dad, I didn't know what to do. I was so frustrated. One was crying and blah blah blah, and I'm like, well, you know what, that sucks, But when you're a mom, that's kind of one of the responsibilities she had to take on.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: But yes, I guess it's hard to say though, like where would you put your four year old if you have to go into the bathroom to change your kid?
Speaker 2: But then I don't know. I would just find a nice stranger and be like hello.
Speaker 1: And that's what you can do, is you can ask, can you know what I hate to bother you? I got to change my baby. Would you mind just keeping an eye on my four year old for.
Speaker 2: A minute or ask the flight attendant, and.
Speaker 1: The flight attendant would absolutely help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's it. Now we're done. The Minnesota goodbye is Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com.