Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Thursday Nights Reconnected here on the first Thursday of the month with doctor Will Dodson. What's going on, mister Will.
Speaker 3: I'm dealing with this stuff.
Speaker 2: It gonna be that kind of night.
Speaker 3: Huh looks like it.
Speaker 2: What a way to start the show. Will is gone already. First off, one of the things that we definitely wanted to say is hearts going out to everybody that was affected by the hurricanes. Friends in North Carolina going through a lot. Obviously, a lot of us that are in the in the physical media space know that Orbit DVD was hit pretty hard in their city and Orbit DVD is fine. They were on the high ground, as they have reported to everybody, and their website will be open fully again tomorrow. Will is back after deleting himself. Hello, sir, Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: Give a special shout out to Orbit. Just a few days after the flooding, I got a shipping notification Morbid and I was like, guys, it's okay, take your time. I'm just glad, just glad you all came through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They've they've been working day night to get a lot of stuff out still, even though literally like parts of their actual city are never going to be the same again. Literally, everybody's saying that you look particularly young tonight. So what's your secret?
Speaker 3: Will? Uh?
Speaker 2: Preservatives and lots of them. How's how's everything been in the last month?
Speaker 3: It was a big month, dude. You want to hear some stories. Well, I mean, you know, there's like all kinds of atrocities.
Speaker 2: Well other than other than the atrocities, let's hear some good stories.
Speaker 3: Like stuff that I did. Okay, so I'm gonna I'm gonna share some pictures and we have some picture time. We don't pretend like nothing bad has been happening. Sweet because I got to do something. I got to do something kind of cool. So let's see this is gonna work. Share screen.
Speaker 2: You say that I think it might. Yeah, you want me to bring that up?
Speaker 3: Oh can I not do it? Look at that?
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 3: That's me and Celeste. I got to go meet Celeste in person, uh, very tall, and we had delightful vegetarian vegan food at One More Taco and then we went to a heavy mental concert.
Speaker 2: You say, it's so proper.
Speaker 3: Let's see if it will allow me stop sharing and then share screen. So we went too Dark Days Bright Nights Festival in Richmond, Virginia, which is a bunch of what I think the kids call these days scream oh bands.
Speaker 2: From what I can tell, those were not scream o. They were mostly death metal.
Speaker 3: No no, no, There was like Thou and then hardcore bands like Soul Glow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the band that I was really excited to see was this band.
Speaker 2: Did you see this we have? Somebody in the chat asked, no, CVS pictures, This is Habat.
Speaker 3: Can I make that play?
Speaker 2: You should be able.
Speaker 3: To let me see what happens if I do.
Speaker 2: You're real great at this technology thing about it.
Speaker 3: Shut up all right, you get the idea.
Speaker 2: I can still hear it through you speak.
Speaker 3: To do so much stuff. So that's a bach from Mexico. And they were so great. They were so great, And after the show was over, I'm so, you know, so stupid, uh I h After the show was over, I was like, oh, I want to go get a picture with the band, get a T shirt. And so I go up there and the band had kind of scattered and only the vocalist Alexandra was there, and so I wanted to say, hey, you know, I thought I really liked what you you know, I thought you really put you put it eloquently in your in your kind of discussion of border politics and Palestine, and I really wanted you to know that, you know, I have a lot of respect for for for your expression. But what I ended up saying was like, oh, you guys are really good. Uh. And so I got like the creepiest picture of all time. This looks like her last known photo before disappearing, such a lumbering oath.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to get in her face, and she's like, you can put your hand on my shoulder and I was like, oh god, I don't know why if I want to do that, but yeah, so that, uh, that's what happens. I went and I got to hang out with celest We had a delightful time and we went to Uh. I stood on my feet for six bands, which was hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's a lot when you're approaching the sage. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then the other thing I did this month was really cool is I had brunch with the author Joseph Madri, whose new book The Soul of West Craven will be the definitive biograph. I'm telling you this book, even if you're not a fan of Wes Craven, this book is amazing. Where it is. We're going to have him on the channel for an interview pretty soon. If you're not familiar with Joe Madri by name, you probably are familiar with at least one of his books, Nightmares in Red, White and Blue.
Speaker 2: Will was not expecting this, but look at this.
Speaker 3: Oh you got a copy. That's great. You probably got a comped.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what the hell?
Speaker 3: I wish? So, yeah, it was really cool. Joe's a really interesting guy, prolific writer, producer. What does that? Erica just asked if I was yelling and I don't. Does that mean like my hair?
Speaker 2: There was a commercial from like nineteen ninety nine about standing on your feet for a long time and say, yeah, I was chilling. Oh man, doctor Schul's insuls.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, I was. I wasn't the oldest person there. I'll say that. It was a good show. It was Oh I see doctor Schulz. H that reminds me of a great joke about a podiatrist. But anyway, yeah, so we did that, We did that. It was and Sluss was so cool. We had a nice time, and yeah, it made me feel young again for like the first three bands, and then after that, I was like, okay, okay, time to wrap it up. And it was a three day event. We only went for one day. Holy shit, I don't know. Yeah, And you know, I used to run a punk rock club and we would have like a six or seven band fest every other Saturday, which which is what our schedule was. And everybody had to have a fest back in two thousands, early two thousands. It's all about the fest. You can't just have two or three bands, you know, with chairs.
Speaker 2: Sadly, that's kind of one of the only ways to have it be cost effective, it seems like for a lot of this.
Speaker 3: So I came out of that a broken man.
Speaker 2: No, not for consumers for them to be able to put it on.
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about I came out of that club a broken man.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know you did. You did it with the Christians.
Speaker 2: I did for quite some time. Before we go into our normal segments and all that stuff, how you been doing? Can you let me finish that sentence? Uh? Before we go into normal segments, Will and I have like a lot to cover. So if you're eager for announcements, you got time go get a drink or something like that. We got it's been a while. We got a bunch of stuff to catch up on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, everybody, just leave.
Speaker 2: I've I've been doing all right. We've got a lot going on, you and I behind the scenes. So I've been working my fricking tail off for these last couple of weeks. We've got a couple, like really pressing exciting things in the next few weeks, so trying to get some deadlines hit pretty hard. One thing I do want to share because I've had a couple of people ask already. It is October third, and by now there should have been a brand new issue of The Physical Media Advocate released and Amazon is holding it hostage again. But I want to show everybody this is an exclusive reveal for the show. This is the cover for October. It is an all horror issue, and this is a cover inspired by as above. So below this should be approved by Amazon in the next twenty four hours. It should have been done about twenty four hours ago. Not why it wasn't.
Speaker 3: That's reminiscent of a womb kind.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, just so everybody knows. You'll be able to get this on Amazon and all of the normal carriers that have been holding it over the last couple of months. It'll be your Scarecrow video CD Trader. It'll be hopefully back at Orbit soon. We'll be talking to them. But it is a pretty incredible issue. We got a lot of really great pieces. One brand new Michelle Kisner gave us a piece on the X and Pearl and Maxine trilogy from ty West Jeffer saying who did that art that is still playing at Mondo? He has done all of them. He was on the show just about a month ago. Go follow him on Instagram. He's amazing. Will what else you want to share tonight with the.
Speaker 3: What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You've had a lot going on? Is there anything else you want to talk about? Or you just want to go into pickups and recent ones?
Speaker 3: I no, I mean you know, I don't want to. I don't want to just like nobody wants to.
Speaker 2: Hear, everybody wants to hear. You are literally the favorite guest every month. I lean into it and be a rock star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like if I just say what's happening in my life. I'll get boring pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people love it.
Speaker 3: I go to work, you know, I put in, put in, a put in a day's labor for decent pay. Don't really get it, you know. The the it's kind of amazing. If you look at the path of Hurricane Helene in North Carolina, it takes us a little dip around central North colin and that's where I am. It just like just missed us.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're basically unaffected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, obviously I'm glad, but I also feel terrible because you know, I've got well, yeah, I guess, I guess. You know, I was just I've just been I've been frantically checking in on friends and former students who live in the Asheville area, and thankfully everybody's okay. My own folks, you know, a lot of trees down, power out for days, and luckily they're okay. But a lot of people aren't. And so I'm really sad about it. By Apple latch and strong T shirts to help the rescue efforts. So that's not funny. What's been going on is funny, I guess. Just everything else in my life has been funny.
Speaker 2: You want to go in to pick up some recent watches.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, i'll tell you what them. I'll tell you what, man, tell me what. I'm focused on the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could say that I am as well.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, Man, jd Vance gave me a couple of all timers to use next time I'm in an argument with my wife, I'll say, hey, you promise not to fact check me, and I'm focused on the future. I don't know what you talk about. Those are some I'm gonna see if they work.
Speaker 2: All right, I guess it's time then recent pickups and watches. You want to go first with some watches?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this may be a little extense. Oh, you know this will surprise some viewers. Probably. Well, I'll start with physical media watches. I did twelve Days of Friday the thirteenth, all twelve films, the ten canonical plus Freddy Versus Jason and the remake, many of which I hadn't seen since the VHS days. And I got to say that that box set looks terrific. I don't know that many of them need a four K upgrade. At least I probably won't make the leap, but yeah, it solidified number six as my favorite, which I at number six I think is very funny. Seven and eight were better than I remembered. Freddy versus Jason was worse than I remembered, So it was fun. I did them more. It took me. It actually took me like fifteen days, but I'm more listed one to night. Then let's say what else do this? We then check out here continue with my Paul Schrader Scorsese Alan Coppola thing. I did Old Boyfriends, which Paul Schrader wrote with his brother Leonard and Joan Tewkesbury directed, starring Talia Shire and I don't know like the Rain People for Coppola and Alice doesn't live anymore here anymore for Scorsese. This is like Paul Schrader's quote unquote Woman's movie. Talia Shire plays this clinical psychologist as a crisis of personality, so she goes on the road to visit boyfriends from different periods in her life, one of whom is John Belushi and basically Rex their lives that quest to find herself. So it was interesting. I can't say it's great, but it was interesting. Saw Cocktail Hour with release young Randolph Scott. I always like these pre code movies because everybody's just drinking and fighting and fornicating. Not a great movie, but a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Specifically really drinking. I always forget until I watch one of those, how heavily they drink in those films.
Speaker 3: That's that's why the average life expectancy. What's about my age now? And then this was an exciting one. This is a new watch and a pickup my one hundred and fifth Just Franco film Jesus. It's a full moon blu ray, so it's the quality is not great, but this is countdown to Esmurel de Bay. Surprisingly solid little action thriller. Franco show him what he can do when he has like an adequate budget. Just it's one of those like Cuban Revolutionaries type of movies. And it's got Robert Forrester, all right, it's got George Kennedy and it's got my favorite Estevez brother Ramon.
Speaker 2: What year is that one?
Speaker 3: That's this is nineteen ninety and actually I recommend it. It's not it's not like a personal Franco movie. Although it does have some flourishes. It gets better as it goes on, and Lena Rome plays a flamboyant Madam.
Speaker 2: And here is.
Speaker 3: But the other yeah, yeah, oh well that's a you can't even talk about that. The But the other things I watched were on streaming. I watched some new movies, and I watched the first two Quiet Places.
Speaker 2: You surprised the hell out of me when you told me that you were watching these.
Speaker 3: And I have to say, if you told me that Jim from the office was going to convince the studio to give him millions of dollars to make a silent movie and then release it wide in theaters and it was going to be a hit, just one they should have gotten the little boy. They killed the wrong son. But yeah, they were okay. I didn't see the third one. I saw the first two. They were okay, not like I'm not going to purchase them or anything, but I didn't hate them. Unfortunately, I can't say I was very I was. I have to say I was very disappointed in this next one. I was so excited to see Immaculate and the first omen and I was disappointed by both of them. Immaculate just as soon as they do the dumbass exposition dump of like my evil plan, it just gets stupid. And I was like, oh, man, the build up was so good. I was really enjoying this, and then it's like, can we not have ambiguity in a Hollywood movie? Of course not. And then the same thing happens in First Omen, with a stupid exposition dump that tells audiences that the movie thinks they're too stupid to follow it. But I will say, First Omen, the composition's cinematography terrific, really looked good, made me interested in I forget the director's name, but it was like her first movie, so I'll be interested in seeing it. And then finally I saw what I'm sure many people see as a modern masterpiece, A Free Guy.
Speaker 2: I could have named a one hundred movies, and I never would have guessed you were gonna say Free Guy.
Speaker 3: After that, that movie was fucking stupid. It started out really interesting, like the philosophical stuff about AI becom an intelligent and everything, but then it just then it just becomes like, oh, it's a corporate, corporate espionage plot and the man I love has been in front of me the whole time. Fucking stupid. So I hated that movie.
Speaker 2: We one of our friends sartists in the chats, I want you to see this comment, He says, have you found a good Franco film yet? I haven't. We were talking about this the other day because he had tried one or two in the last week and he's done like a handful. So I gotta ask somebody brand new to Franco, what do you think like if you don't, if you watch these three films and you hate them all, you should not go any further than Franco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just get out. You don't. You don't you don't watch Franco casually.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a question. Are there three films that you would say, like, if you can watch these and absolutely despise them, don't even go any further.
Speaker 3: A true Franco file will have a different answer every time, because, of course, each lived moment is a change in your existence. And by the time I say three titles, I will have thought of three more. But like you know, the the common answer is something like, you know, check out vampires, Lesbo, something like she killed an ecstasy maybe female vampire. See if you can get into the eroticism. I like venus and furs a lot, nightmares come at night? Yeah, stands right, Like like I like his digital movies that have made in his apartment in the nineties. Like, so, I'm actually the worst person to ask what Franco you should start with, because I'll just say all of them. So, like, this is my one hundred and fifth just Franco movie, So I now have just over half of his movies. Jesus, oh man, this is kind of crazy. And you know I was thinking, I I was thinking, you know, like everybody else in this weird hobby, I keep lists, right, and I've got a list of like which directors I have the most movies of. So it's not really a thing of an indication of quality, just quantity, right, because you know, Kubrick only made twelve, so obviously he's not all less. So I wanted to see who my like top five were on the list. Franco Wayinorski close it's Franco, and then Alfred Hitchcock with with sixty four, Jim Winorski with fifty seven, John Ford with fifty five, Okay Werner Hertzeg with forty two, and David Lynch with forty one counting the episodes of the episode.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, I was expecting Mik almost.
Speaker 3: Oh that was actually six. Me K is like number twenty or something.
Speaker 2: We got to get you some more.
Speaker 3: Ca Well, I got thirty four meek films and I what a geek. It's like I have thirty four films back and actually, if you forgot to go like this, Yeah, they're speaking in Japanese, you would say, mik takash what Yeah, somebody said, you watch a new movie and it's free guy, I don't know. You know, everybody said it was great. Just goes to show everybody's stupid.
Speaker 2: And if that's what you're hearing, then maybe that's the case.
Speaker 3: T B. Kine asked, if they're yeah, they're they're lean, remain is only in like half.
Speaker 2: Of them, which is still as shit?
Speaker 3: Are there even three movies by Franco Lena Remee does not appear nude and countdown to esmarel debate? So there you go?
Speaker 2: Any other watches or should I start going over mine?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, but I thought that was plenty and don't you Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was quite a bit for you. That was that was pretty great. I had Uh somebody even said Stephen Throwers entered the chat during that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Few things that I watched a big one to shout out. Watched Liquid Sky with everybody in the patreon. We all watched that in the Discord last Sunday, had a grand old time after the movie. We hung out till the wee hours of the next morning for way too late, and I am still tired from that night, I think, but it was a damn good time. And if everybody wants to be a part of that, the patreon is in the description below. Come join the discord once a month. We do that on Sunday nights and it's amazing. I got a couple special streams I'm thinking of doing over the next couple months. Actually, so might be a great time to sign up, just saying, but yeah, Liquiskuy was great. Right before that, that same day, took the wife to see The Substance, and I know that Dustin talked about this last week. The Substance is quite a special film. I love that I could see a movie like that in a theater in twenty twenty four. It is not something that you expect to be able to do, and it is fandamn tastic. I really enjoyed it. Think it is an incredible, incredible film. Really happy with how it portrayed everything, loved what it was trying to do and very happy with the performances. To me, More was incredible, Margaret Qually was amazing, and yeah, I won't say anything else because it's one that you should absolutely see to believe. Next, the last thing that I watched that I probably should bring up, I watched Afraid, the twenty twenty four AI film, and it is it's very trope filled very by the book for the first ninety seven percent of it, and then the last three percent like actually qualified it as a decent ending and then something unique in the genre, which I was not expecting. I expected to walk away from this movie hating it, and it was. It surprised me. The ending was enough to make me go, oh, it was pretty good, pretty happy without ending. But that's about it, all right, pickups anything you want to share?
Speaker 3: Will I want to shout out Connor's VHS spectacular who mentioned me in a story?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: I just learned how to do?
Speaker 2: You just learned how to do?
Speaker 3: What? Get notification? Oh?
Speaker 2: I wish I could highlight that signers comment together, but it looks like an infant technoledge of an eighty year old man.
Speaker 3: You know. It is a truism that media studies professors are the worst at using technology. Yeah, and every class period somebody's laughing at me for something.
Speaker 2: Pickups before you do. Brendan wants to Are either of us doing Horror Gives Back this year for Onsung Whores? Are you participating?
Speaker 3: Yes? I am.
Speaker 2: Now I set out to participate. I'm probably not doing theme nights because of everything that we have to watch for what we're doing. But at the end of the month, I just end up donating a bunch of best friend's Animal Society, so it's absolutely worth it. Shout outs on Sung Whores. If you have no idea what Horror Gives Back is. First off, there's a big write up about it in the beginning part of the physical media advocates that might be able to set you straight. But beyond that, go check out on some horrores on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or their podcast of course where they go into detail on all of the categories, and you should. It's for a good cause and I think it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I'm definitely checking out. Oh my god, Oh we can't say it. You can't wait. Erica's got the coolest thing coming out soon, you guys, just wait for it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not yet.
Speaker 3: The feature. Yeah. Oh okay, fuck give the horror gives back that start with there.
Speaker 2: Erica in the chat says, we have someone who is matching donations this year. Please participate. Oh sweet amazing? All right, pickups for you, sir? Okay, okay, other than your Franco film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was pretty sweet. So Grindhouse Video had an Arrow UK sale and so I did some upgrades. I got the four K of Blood and Black Lace.
Speaker 2: The four K looks so good.
Speaker 3: I got the four K of I don't know this really needs a four K, but I guess we'll find out Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer.
Speaker 2: It does look better, I will say.
Speaker 3: Ryan told me that the arrow addition of Invasion of the Body Snatchers was slightly better than the Keno. So I got the Arrow. I wouldn't people to notice, and it's not going to be for a while that I get to see it. But I got The Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: On much better than the Studio four K.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, also picked up Enter the Void because it was like just just a few bucks. Then Vinegar Syndrome had a little flash saale for alien movies, so I got Canadian International Pictures The Christmas Martian and then MVD has to say, oh, I just got a couple of things. I got Beauty of Beauty is from eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, nice, I kind of wanted to see that one.
Speaker 3: They're not Nazis, are they?
Speaker 2: What are we talking about the company or the movie?
Speaker 3: Eighty eight is like a we'll talk about it later, okay, ship And then uh, it was like a already marked down. I got the Nico Master Ascus box out, which I'm pretty stoked about all films I've never seen before. Nice am I supposed to do a live unboxing now sure. I also got a package from Green Viral. I guess it's like a lands In knockoff, and I was instructed to wait until this live cast to open them.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see this fual reaction.
Speaker 3: That's probably like a letter saying you're fired.
Speaker 2: It's just a big pink slip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm past your level now.
Speaker 2: Sceptor said, did you say Green Vial?
Speaker 3: It's in some sort of sack. Oh, there's a letter.
Speaker 2: The letter gives context.
Speaker 3: A yet another thing that will come up in a Google search to prevent me from getting a job.
Speaker 2: For the record, that was the uh Patreon exclusive merch item for this quarter, and a whole bunch of people now have a tote bag at home that says I don't funk with tote bags by doctor Wildodds.
Speaker 3: Thanks for mentioning being by all right now we have a car. Read the sentiment out loud.
Speaker 2: Up to you. I don't remember what said.
Speaker 3: I haven't told misconnected this yet, but my life up to this point has been a lie. Thank you for helping me find myself and connect with who I really am. Your love xxx, Ryan.
Speaker 2: That was pretty great improv I gotta say.
Speaker 3: I just read what was on the card. Well, thanks, Ryan, I think we need to have a talk.
Speaker 2: Celestia's here. You want to shout out that you shared a picture with the.
Speaker 3: List, Oh, Celeste, I was saving it for the live stream. I didn't want to put it on my socials because then people would know. I wanted to surprise people with our in person encounter, and so at the beginning of the show, I shared the picture, which I've now I've now quit the program, so I don't know how to get it back up.
Speaker 2: What's funny, though, is you are still sharing this picture so we could share it again. Stop So, oh, it's a deary got bad you are this.
Speaker 3: I had a wonderful time with you, Celestia. It was so great to meet you in person, and I'm looking forward to our next encounter. All right.
Speaker 2: A couple of pickups for mine. I got in the Flicker Alley release speaking of Nazis me gets this against the Storm Herbert Klein and Dark in Europe. Definitely wanting to see this very soon. I had to get this based on a couple of people saying it was getting hard to get. Definitely wanted a copy of Sex and Fury. And then in the arrow sail I picked up one thing, and one thing only, the Mexico Trilogy, the four K release. This was at Barnes and Noble. I didn't have the Blu ray release, and I know that it is not a major upgrade for a couple of them, so I definitely wanted to check it out. And since I didn't have the Blue, it actually made quite a bit of sense. All of these comments are amazing. Oh man, will are you ever coming back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here. That's so great that you guys Sex and Fury, dude, have you you haven't seen it before?
Speaker 2: I don't think i've seen section excuse me, sex and fury, and if I have, it's been a long time because I definitely don't remember it.
Speaker 3: Well, sweet bruh, all right, are you gonna come back on camera anytime? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, you were working on this?
Speaker 3: Got it? There's been slack. You should have ever gave me access to this.
Speaker 2: I should not have given you admin access.
Speaker 3: No, So there we are on the streets of Richmond.
Speaker 2: Amazing. I'm so glad we got to share in this moment. Well, now that we've been talking for almost forty minutes, are you ready to get into our literal one hundred and one Instagram post to cover tonight? Will?
Speaker 3: Is that the most ever? No?
Speaker 2: Last year I think we had like one hundred and eight one time.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, then the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right below it. It's been a very busy week. We got a hell of a lot to cover. Gonna be a late night tonight. I'm sure afterwards we're hanging out for just look.
Speaker 3: I gotta get up early. Can we just talk about the ones that I care about?
Speaker 2: But then there's only like three of them? Yeah, oh, got it?
Speaker 3: Bring in Sibner for the rest.
Speaker 2: You'd probably be all about that, all right? Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: First up is Treasured Films in the UK announced Satan's Blood. This is the nineteen seventy eight film that Vinegar Syndrome had already previously released. This is coming on Blu Ray in the UK. This is going to have one of their double walled slipcases that they've been using. It's going to have an illustrated collector's bookletp new writing by John Martin and John Llewell and Probert web store exclusive Satanic Dull magnet, and then a poster that's reversible and is at poster. This one has the same four K scan from the Vinegar Syndrome release. It's got a new audio commentary with Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Allions, and then there is a forty five minute Spanish doc on the making of Satan's Blood. There is a new extra on this. The one and only Stephen Thrower that we were just talking about, does a new in depth appreciation on the film itself. And then we've got new rated s for Simone, new video essay with author Kim Newman on the films of Juan Paquerre, Simone, brand new Satanic panic feature Diabolic Cinema of the seventies. New video essay with film writer Darryl Buxton on Satanic Cinema of the seventies. There is also a brief guide through Spanish horror from the writing team of We Belong Dead magazine. But I will say there was stuff on the old Vinegar Syndrome release, and there is maybe some reason to hold on to that, so don't quite throw that out for this one yet. If you love this film or super interested in it, you might want both. I love this thing, tell us about it.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, it's it's it's it's why I no longer go on date nights generally. No, I'm just kidding, I go on. That's not why. No, it's just a real fun movie. It's got like a bunch of fucking dirty eroticism and satanic stuff and will make you feel sinful. And I like it.
Speaker 2: Good good stuff. Yeah, all right. Uh. Then after that, we got a bunch of aarro announcements first December ninth and UK December tenth. In North America, we get a four k of a bell Farar's The Addiction a bell Able, a bill that there's It depends on who you're talking to. How you pronounced that one.
Speaker 3: What if you talked to him.
Speaker 2: I've never talked to him. I'd love to have him. You got to contact Actually, I might be able to You talked to him, he probably said.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about this one? I don't think I've ever seen this one. I never got the Arrow release.
Speaker 3: This is this is my favorite able for our film. WHOA, yeah, yeah, I really like it. Philosophically dense and provocative. I mean, Lily Taylor and Christopher Walking mid nineties, both at the top of their game. You can't do much better than that. Existentials of Vampires, Hell yeah, you don't. You know Twilight destroyed Gothy vampires. For me, this is gothy vampires, you know, smoking slim cigarettes and talking about them, meaninglessness of existence. Fricking. And it came out. It came out when I was in college, so it was like perfect hit me at just the right time, good time, And I still like it. I'm definitely upgrading. It looks beautiful. The black and white cinematography is crisp.
Speaker 2: This will be no new features. It is just a four K upgrade from Arrow, but should look incredible. They've been doing pretty great work with their four K stuff, even though it has not been the highest quality of years from Aerrow. Next up from them is The Great Escape, coming on four K on December TEWOD in the UK. They're also doing a BLU ray of this one. This Obviously they didn't get the keynot release, so this is an opportunity to get that. This has some new interviews and quite a bit more than was on the keynot release, so if you love this movie you still might want to pick this up. You've got new interviews with Guy Walters, Jose Arroyo, Neil Brand, and then Rich Johnson, who's been on the channel before, does an essay on the film's place within the war movie Cannon sounds like a good.
Speaker 3: Release, excellent. John Sturge's film, Charles Bronson can't go wrong with Charlie b. It's a little tough to buy. Steve McQueen is a tough guy, especially when he's surrounded by actual tough guys. But don't take this as a slam. I do love Steve McQueen and he's great in this film. Yeah, you know, it's it's of all the escape from a concentration camp movies. This is this is the top.
Speaker 2: You know, your comment just a moment ago about Steve McQueen reminded me of something that happened recently, and I got it. You know, the horror sits with me, so I have to have it out there for everybody else. Have you seen a video in the last couple of years of Frankie Valley still singing live?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 2: He looks like a corpse up on a stage, barely moving. And what's crazy is they surround them with all these backup singers and dancers that are super animated and full of expressions, so it makes him look even worse. Yeah, go watch those videos on YouTube. They are terrifying.
Speaker 3: Oh I no, honestly, this was planned. That was their plan. That was the Democrats plan. B. They didn't get to Kama until, like they had already tried with the Valleys turned him down flat.
Speaker 2: I just I had never seen then. And Chris my co host on Film Foundations, which shout out Chris and also go listen to the newest episode of Film Foundations. Chris Haskell is on there talking about controversial films of faith. But Chris Haskell and uh and not Chris Haskell. The other one Chris Tashu shared the video with me and I went man. He looks like an animatronic from like a pizza company that's going to scare the.
Speaker 3: Crap enemy five nights at Frank. You know, I'm against elder abuse, Like generally, I don't want to be controversial or anything, but like, as a general practice, I'm against it. However, if there's an opportunity to milk a substantial amount of money and you know it's not necessary, it's not hurting the guy. People are like, he didn't know what was going on, but like people are like being nice to him, and he's getting some exercise, moving around, people are hugging him, cheering, and he's making money. So I see this as a good thing. Would you rather waste away in hospice or stumble around on stage vaguely remembering the glory days?
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's carry on. Next title is The Good, The Bad, the Weird, getting a four K and Blu Ray rely in the UK only from Arrow on December ninth. This has raised some questions from people. I guess this the Blu Ray, the previous Blu Ray release was censored. There is probably some animal abuse. I don't remember animal abuse of those film. I haven't seen this movie since it came out. I remember loving.
Speaker 3: It, but you're doing a great job selling it.
Speaker 2: Anyways. This has a brand new four K master approved by the director. It's got a forty page booklet with a whole bunch of brand new writing. We've got a new commentary by James marsh and Pierce Conran, archival commentary from a bunch of people involved with the film on the international version, because it will have both versions in four K. We've got a new intro to the film by Kim G Woon, and then a bonus Blu Ray with new interviews and archival making of the film and featurettes. This looks great. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, I haven't seen it, but I've got a copy of it, and now I'm wondering if I should just go straight into the upgrade or maybe I should watch it first. I don't know, but yeah, Ronnie's right, We're really give him the trifecta.
Speaker 2: Next announcement is another UK only release. They are getting a Critters collection on December two on Blu Ray and also Heads Up This is the first four credits first four Critters films. It does not have the new sequel that just came out a handful of years ago. It is missing that as to be expected. So this is pretty on par with the Screen Factory release. However, this has all kinds of new commentaries. This has a whole bunch of extras for every single film, so much so it could not even be listed on this one post because there was way too much. If you are a Critter superfan, you might want it on top of the Screen Factory one. If you're brand new and you don't have any of the Create releases, this seems to be the one to get. This looks pretty great. Is this a French release ero in the UK?
Speaker 3: Well, why does it say le content? What le content? See? Oh?
Speaker 2: No limited edition contents?
Speaker 3: Oh I guess I'll have to ask my friend a Belle about that.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck you too. Next one December ninth in the UK, December tenth in the US on Blu Ray. We are getting the Last Video Store. This is a twenty twenty three film that I've heard is pretty good. It's a love letter of video rental stores and the b movie treasures that line their walls. This has a brand new commentary with Matt Donado and Megan Navarro on this new visual essay by Heather Wixon called the Video Unleashed. We've had a new visual essay by Martin Peddler called Nostalgia Fuel, a twenty twenty Sorry, twenty twelve short film by Cody Kennedy and Tim Rutherford, twenty thirteen short film, twenty another twenty thirteen short film, twenty nineteen short film. There's a lot on here. They threw as much as they could on this Blu ray disc. Looks like a pretty damn great release.
Speaker 3: Hot take just asking questions, Okay, do we have too many nostalgic odes to the Video Store Era? I say no. I say that I think we. I think we should keep making love letters to the video store era until every one of our generation gets to have their say, hey, you know what, rewind that's what that's I want to rewind to the early nineties running Oh. Erica says, yes, too many? Yeah, probably right, there are too many.
Speaker 2: There are a lot.
Speaker 3: And if you type in if you type in video store on two B, you will get thirteen one hundred movies.
Speaker 2: Really, it was accurate most.
Speaker 3: Of which are documentaries interviewing like different looking pudgy guys going like oh yeah, man, I you know, like, so what's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh, this Craig Covet is amazing.
Speaker 3: That was the Clinton there. I wouldn't say that was a great period. But I guess in comparison, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What's funny, Simner says. Do we have too many people insisting to be called doctor because of getting a doctorate. Will has told me countless times not to refer to him as doctor Dodson, which is why I do it as much as I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I guess if you work really hard to earn something, you got a right to be proud of it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, anyways, let's keep code. Next is Demolition Man, the nineteen ninety three film on four K and blu ray in the UK and North America December ninth, December tenth. As we talked about, this has a brand new four K restoration from the camera negative. It's got both the Taco Bell and Pizza Hutt versions of the movie presented in Dolby Vision. We've got a new commentary by the director and screenwriter on this new commentary by Mike White of the Projection Booth podcast. We've got a handful of new interviews with production designer, stunt coordinator, special makeup effects artists, body effects set coordinator, and then a new visual essay by the scholar Josh Nelson and a sixty page book will How do you feel about Demolition Man?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. I'm intrigued. What does the Taco Bell Pizza Hut thing mean?
Speaker 2: In the nineties, this film came out and the only restaurant, the only restaurant to survive when this movie came out, is Taco Bell. But they did not have Taco Bell over in the UK. I think it was so in the movie they replaced it with Pizza Hut. So every reference to Taco Bell, which is a lot in the US version, got referred to as Pizza Hut in the UK version.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. Wow, you never heard that, never knew that.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm here.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they called Taco Bell and Britain.
Speaker 2: Taco a Bell or Taco Abel Taco Abel? All right, let's talk about this. One October dev Crocodile's releasing Trapped Ashes on four km blu ray in a dual format set. This is an anthology horror film that was written by the one and only Mister def Crocodile himself, Dennis Bartak. This one has a brand new four K restoration done by Craig, who's in the chat Craig. It looks amazing new HDR Dolby Vision color grading on it. The director's cut of Stanley's girlfriend is on this. I know a lot of people are asking about that. The original full cut of the girld Golden Breast is on this. I know some people were asking about that. There's an original five part making of that was on this. A new visual essay that is called Hollywood Parasite Hysteria and Trapped Ashes by the one and only doctor Will Dotson and myself, and then three new video interviews. This is pretty great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talk about uteruses, Yes you do. It's a history of hysteria in Western medicine, and then an examination of hysteria as a theme in the movie. Going through all the different segments, I really I came to really enjoy the movie, Like the more I dug into it, the more into it I got. And of course it's Ken Russell, Sean Cunningham, Monty Hellman and Bullet Time guy Ken Gata like what the hell? Joe Dante like, how do you even put that together? And if you listen to the Deaf Crocodile podcast, Dennis has some great stories about it, which I think they're included in the booklet right.
Speaker 2: I think he does write something in the book.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's cool, so track to ashes. I'm pretty stoked about it. Thanks a lot for having us on it.
Speaker 2: As silent Mannible is asking, yes, this is included in the sub and I believe they chose for this to be included because it is the more expensive version. So you do have two films that are coming out in October from Deaf Crocodile. We're going to talk about the other one in just a second. This is the first one, and this is a part of the sub. They sent out an email early this week to give you a discount on buying the next one, and I saw Craig respond. I believe it was in the discord to somebody else. There's no end date for that discount, So if you want to buy it in like a couple months, as long as you're a subscriber, you can get it get it as part of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll guess what I just figured out how to do. Sorryists, It is the Hysteria House, which is a reference to Psycho. How do I make it go away? Like click back on click? Yes, Oh you're in trouble now, buddy, maybe you can actually do that while I'm looking on the other page. Now, well, I got a different screen so that this can be full screen and I can see because my eyeballs are not working. They don't work very well.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Oh that was out of the man i'le asking the question the discord nice No, that was earlier this week. So that's Trapp Dashes. I think somebody said what Jeff asked? What is the release date? It will be shipping in late October. It should be shipping from Diabolic right around then. So get those orders in if you want it, and if you want to get both. You could also pick up Tamala twenty ten, a punk cat in Space. This is from two thousand and two, coming out on Blu ray from Deaf Crocodile. This is the deluxe box art. This is the standard art on the inside. Both pretty damn great, very descriptive for the film. I really like how both of these work together. This one says, arguably the only anime ever inspired by both Hello Kitty and Thomas Pashan's The Crying of Lot forty nine. Yeah, and just want to correct me again, you.
Speaker 3: Can arguably the only anime ever made inspired by both Hello Kitty and Thomas Pinchon against the right Now you're there, The grig of Lot forty nine. Tamala twenty ten is a futuristic techno fever dream that flows back and forth in time following the adorable Wide Eyed Kitty Tamala.
Speaker 2: Anyways. This as the two original Tamala short films, both in Japanese with the English subs. They are from two thousand and seven to one to twenty four minutes, one sixteen minutes, new video interview with the co director and co creator a k of tol You will figure out what that is in all of the extras on here, and then a new commentary on this one with the one and only Sam Degan. And this also has a sixty page Ills Illustrate a booklet with a new essay by Walter Shaw Jennifer Lynda Barker, but also doesn't she ever Die? The Punkification of late capitalism with the two of us on this disc as will ri Ip.
Speaker 3: Frederick Jamison, who makes quite a few appearances in that visual essay. He passed away mered days after we finished it, so I don't think we had anything to do with it, but I'm sure it was the engine of capitalism finally ground him into the ground, ground him into the earth.
Speaker 2: Yea, yes, Any thoughts on our visual essay you want to share?
Speaker 3: I just did Frederick Jamison cool Frederick Jamison. It's dripping with Jamison's. Yeah. I mean, it's it's a really interesting film, you know, very it's it's I mean, it's very punk in the best sense of the word. It's it's esoteric inaccessible at the same time. It's kind of low humor and high art at the same time. It's fascinating and I'm I'm I really enjoyed putting together that that particular essay because you know how I get with Class War. There is no war but Class War.
Speaker 2: I will say, we're very proud of this visual essay, and I think this is gonna be an incredible release. Beyond that, this film is like singular and also just kind of cliche because it has like every type of art mixed together in a way. It's it's incredible. This is a really good piece and I think people are gonna love this one. If you've never seen.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, put it in Not just because we have something to do with it, but seriously, see this. Put this in your budget. It's even if you don't like it the first time you watch it, you will watch it again. Oh God.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that is Tamala. Let's go to some Amazon exclusive Blu rays, which I don't love saying that sentence. October twenty second, Tribeca is releasing Good Girl Jane. This is from twenty twenty two. It is a drug field love story. Teenage Jane struggles with feelings of isolation until a rockets group of high school misfits run by older ringleader Jamie, offers her pain free acceptance, camaraderie, and relief. She falls hard for playful but domineering Jamie becomes entangled in his amateur meth operation. Ultimately, Jane must choose between Jamie. Sorry, Jane must choose between Jamie and her own survival. This is the first of quite a few that are coming, and you can only get these on Amazon, which is rough.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously this is a good backup for me. So it's like Jane says that Jamie's got a gun? Is that what's happening? Amazon Exclusive? It's kind of like the it's that's drug dealer behavior, right, they hook you in it and then wow.
Speaker 2: That's only the first one. Next one is Phantom Parrot, also coming from Tribeca. You can order this now. This did not have a release date, but it should be coming in the next month or two. This is from twenty twenty three. This is about a human rights activist. And again these are labeled as limited editions, no bonus features from what I can see on these releases, but this is the only place to purchase. It's it's kind of odd.
Speaker 3: Well, it makes sense to me if you know. These are like film festival movies right that haven't gotten distributors. So it's low risk for Amazon because there's it's bare bones, and it gives these films that had no other outlet chance for a physical release. So I'm not going to condemn Amazon for this. I will say that when you first pulled that up, I took the title literally and was thinking of being Haunted Parrot and how fucking annoying, that would be, But no, this actually looks like a good movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious to see a couple of them. The next one is Roving Woman. This one is coming out next week. This is coming on October eighth, also from Tribeca as well as well. This one says the dramatic breakup leave Sarah standing alone on her ex's doorstep. Realizing the door as well and truly shut, she begins wandering aimlessly and ends up thoughtlessly stealing a car With nothing but long, dusty desert roads ahead and a cast of oddball character. She becomes increasingly fascinated by the unknown owner of her stolen car and decides to find him.
Speaker 3: Those are like nineties endy, like chick rock lyrics like I'm I'm reading those in the Letters to Cleo type rhythm. It's a little darker than Letters to Cleo, But I feel like it could be kind of like that, like Popdy.
Speaker 2: I could see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roving Woman, that's the name of the band.
Speaker 2: Then this next one, also from Tribeca is Sus from twenty twenty three, and it says when her only daughter leaves for college, sues a single mom who has lost her purpose gets stuck taking care of her daughter's heartbroken ex boyfriend who she can't stand. Gradually they begin to see they're both hurting in different ways, forging a connection that neither of them was expecting. This one seems like a lot less will.
Speaker 3: It probably would like if it was in a video store. It probably wouldn't be my first choice.
Speaker 2: All right, that is Tribeca, let's go.
Speaker 3: To I'd probably call that one snooze.
Speaker 2: I should have seen that. Coming November nineteenth, we are getting a Battle of the Commandos from Kena Lober. This one we announced earlier, but we finally got a date on it. And this is of course the Umberto Lendsay film.
Speaker 3: But check.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, you're good, Hell yeah away. This one has an audio commentary with Troy Howard, Steve Mitchell, and Nathaniel Thompson. They do a lot of.
Speaker 3: Commentary, actually try effecta yeah. I don't I don't mean to. I feel bad. I'm like cutting you off. I'm trying to be your hype man, but I just don't have the right rhythm. I'm trying to trying to slip it in there when you take a breath, but that didn't sound right. But you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, ring ring a bell. That was just one other joke on myself. All right, carrying on, that's.
Speaker 3: A definite for me. I love I love Himberto Lindsay, and I love war movies that probably make use of stock footage. Oh, I don't know. I don't know if it does or not, like nineteen sixty nine. Probably maybe I love jackplant palants too, or plants whichever plants.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: October fourteenth, Blu Ray in the UK from screen Bound Pictures screenmat Entertainment, A Midsommer Night's Dream from twenty twenty two. I don't recognize any of these these actor names, and I had never heard this coming out. So this is that.
Speaker 3: I love that tagline. Love changes everything. That's such a lie. You still you still have to eat, You're still going to die. Love changes nothing, It's true.
Speaker 2: Uh, Patty boy, I love Kena Lober. It's the poor man's boutique label. Can't afford to get a bunch during their sales. Their sales are incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh bruh. I just ordered a couple of film more sets.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about that later because I wanted to order something from Keino and I couldn't next. Uh, this is also for you know, The Conqueror. Will you have the floor, my friend?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, so I've been waiting for this. Oh no, I forgot it. Well I'll just so you know how. Oh, the collector's out there will know what I'm talking about. You know how when you have like a DVD set and you like slowly get the upgrade each title in the DVD set with Blu rays as they come out, but there's one goddamn title that won't get released. Like if you've got the Press and Surges DVD set, you still are waiting for Hall of the Conquering Hero to come out on Blu Ray. So I've got this John Wayne set, and The Conqueror was the only one that hadn't come out. And The Conqueror man is like the ultimate It's the worst John Wayne movie ever, but it's the ultimate movie that I've been waiting for because it's John Wayne playing Shingis Khan with a little ming the merciless mustache and he does thankfully he doesn't. Celeste is fact checking me. Okay, I must be thinking of the wrong title. I've got it. I have a DVD set of Preston Sturges that one of them hasn't come out yet.
Speaker 2: I was still waiting you for you to say the rules said that we weren't going to be fact checked.
Speaker 3: Celeste can fact check me anyway. Mike Barrot is correct. This is like one of the worst John Wayne movies, really worst movies of its era, but it has a camp value that cannot be underestimated. Yes, we're sad that this movie was filmed next to a nuclear waste disposal on everybody who worked on a guy cancer and died, but watching it is a never ending stream of barrel laughs at such lines as John Wayne saying to Susan Hayward, you're beautiful in your wrath. It's just I'm not saying you need to buy it, but you should totally see it at some point. So that, yeah, I'm I'm very excited about The Conqueror. I'm going to look up the Preston Surges box set that I.
Speaker 2: Just checked and Hil the Conquering Hero is not on blue ray.
Speaker 3: You fact checked, Celeste, I did, and it's the celest was incorrect. We're in a fact checking chain. How far can this go? Someone final actually Eureka put it out.
Speaker 2: Nope, it has no blue anywhere in the world from what I can see.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hail the Conquering Hero.
Speaker 2: Uh. Turns out most of the crew got sick after making this film because they shot it in an old nuclear test site. And of course, I'm guessing that's gonna be about forty percent of the commentary on this.
Speaker 3: Who did the commentary? You know, I'm I'm bummed.
Speaker 2: Has not been announced yet.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody at Keno knows what an obsessive John Wayne person I am, but I wish they would because I would really like to talk about John Wayne on one of his films, and this one would be perfect for me.
Speaker 2: Patty Boy says, even the bad movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood are good or worthwhile.
Speaker 3: I'm down with Patty Boy.
Speaker 2: That's unless Wait, did this kill John Wayne? Maybe it was worth it. I mean, he was going to die anyway, but this definitely an expedited it.
Speaker 3: I mean, possibly, but it was. Yeah, it wasn't long after this, I mean the Shootest was his last film. Don Siegel, Ronnie Hour, larnmacall, but and it was great. The Conqueror was definitely a low point, but for humanity. No, I don't go don't go that far, but it's well worth a watch. I mean Dick Powell, competent director, wonderful uh performer in Busby Berkeley Musicals back in the day. Move on, all right?
Speaker 2: Moving on?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Uh, what a way to follow that up? Cina Lber following up their announcement from last week of Happy Gilmour.
Speaker 3: This movie actually killed Nor McDonald. They gave him.
Speaker 2: Jesus Billy Madison coming out on four K from Keno. Uh. This is a pretty pretty big title for them. This is gonna sell very well. They are playing right into the hands of physical media collectors right around that forty year old age. Okay, Will doesn't want it, obviously, I guess.
Speaker 3: But no, Look, I'm not gonna pretend I'm better than this Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and the wedding singer. I have nothing bad to say about him. They came out, they were weird and funny and different, and then everything after that has been a putrid pile of puke. You got fact checked and then you deleted it.
Speaker 2: I didn't delete it. I'm putting it up there. He's saying, it's on Blu Ray in a Surgia set from Wildside Video. I don't know what Wildside video is.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously you don't walk there.
Speaker 2: Oh well, uh, all right? Following up Billy Madison with The Lonely Man, Anthony Perkins and Jack. What's another way we can say his name, Palance? How'd you say it before? Palates and polants? Palents is what we're going with now.
Speaker 3: I usually say polans. Yeah, I think, all right, we'll.
Speaker 2: Say palents then.
Speaker 3: But anyway, anybody who's buying Billy Madison on four K is probably a lonely man.
Speaker 2: Anyways. November nineteenth on Blu Ray, we are getting The Lonely Man from fifty seven. This is a brand new HD Master by Paramount from a six K scan of the VistaVision OCN. We got a new Audio Commentarians by Toby Rohane six K scan on this.
Speaker 3: That is that's like a third more than four.
Speaker 2: No, it's a half more.
Speaker 3: It's a half more than four. Oh yeah, I guess so. Oh Man half Neville Brandon six.
Speaker 2: K six K VistaVision even wow and Lee van Kleef all right, uh, Will's favorite pulp fiction from nineteen ninety four getting another four K release in the US from Paramount. This is gonna include a premium slip case, new slipcover with pop up artwork, lobby card, reproductions, photography, select sheet, and iconic stickers. The biggest thing like, yeah, this is gonna get released to death. We all know that it is something that is for sure gonna happen. It's a Tarantino film, not a surprise. However, the coolest thing about this is that we are getting a studio releasing a like an actual respectful collector's edition set in the US and not the UK. That's that's a big deal. This doesn't happen very often, will tell us about pulp fiction.
Speaker 3: I very much appreciate the impact that Quentin Tarantino had on cinema in the nineties, on spurring a renewed interest in seventies exploitation and martial arts films and horror. I will always, like many fans, I will always be grateful that he helped resurrect the career of Robert Forrester and Pam Greer. I do not like his movies, but I can understand why someone would if they had never seen any other movie. They're very loud and and pastichi and let's put kindly quote liberally from movies that I really like. Credit does seem to be an issue with Tarantino at times. But so this movie happened, and it was very popular, and as a result of it, I was able to see movies in the video store that the video store previously hadn't carried, and so I thank mister Tarantino for that.
Speaker 2: Amen. Moving right along, the transitions that happened when you're just posting announcements as they come is so funny.
Speaker 3: I've often wondered, like, so, do you just do these in the order that you posted them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Literally, I mean there's no other way to do it.
Speaker 3: You can't or reorder them.
Speaker 2: No, Instagram doesn't give you any freedom for anything.
Speaker 3: I've noticed that. Frickin' Zuckerberg.
Speaker 2: Anyways, December third, Paramount is releasing on Blu ray and DVD. South Park's the End of Obesity special where they lampooned ozempic and everything else that comes with that. This, I imagine will likely come out in some sort of larger collection later with they've done a few of these little specials, I bet they'll do all of them. So if you want to wait for that, that's probably a smarter idea. But otherwise these are like eighteen to twenty dollars on release, so you're going to be spending quite a bit more just to get all three of them.
Speaker 3: How does ozempic work? Does it just make you not want to eat?
Speaker 2: You know, I have no idea. I am a genuine fat man, and I don't have experience with it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I ain't little, but I remember, you know, I used to smoke cigarettes, not for very long, but when I did, I liked it. I liked it because of the stimulation and it sped up your metabolism and also curbed your appetite. I found I would eat less and smoke more and look cool and feel cool. And maybe I'll go back to that.
Speaker 2: Oh, where's Ronnie with the updated list? One of the things that wheel is pro tonight is smoking.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Uh and Adams said SIGs are cool.
Speaker 3: They do look cool. I mean, Humphrey Boguard, dude, oh man, Yeah right, you know, Craig. Actually the reason the reason I quit is because of the smell.
Speaker 2: Oh tonight is going to be such a long show any more? Do we have to go only like ninety. November twenty sixth Keno is releasing it's a little less than ninety, like eighty Revenge of the Zombies from nineteen forty three coming on Blu Ray. This is with John Carradine and I know nothing about it. We got a new audio commentary though, with Tom Weaver and Gary D. Rhodes. I know. I think it's Jeff in the chat who's a big fan of Tom Weaver. Any knowledge on this one.
Speaker 3: In addition Tom Weaver, I'm a big fan of Gary D. Rhodes. I was. I had the honor of contributing an essay to Weaver and Rhodes recent Todd Browning book, And of course both guys are absolute experts of you know, thirties, forties, fifties era B movies. And one thing that I really like about Roads is working Weavers too. But Roads in particular pushes this in the academic circles. Is a truly comprehensive historical research, not just the production context of the film, but what's happening in the culture around it. And so when you listen to one of his commentaries, like for example, the masterful commentary Roads did for White Zombie. When you listen to Gary Rhodes, you're you're getting everything, like, there will not need there will there will be no need for a new commentary when this goes to four K, for example, like when if you listen to Tom Weaver and Gary Rhodes talk about a movie, you're done. There's no more research to be to be had. So for me, even if this is a shitty movie, it's gonna be worth it for the commentary. I'm gonna I'm probably gonna pick it up. Oh oh, I didn't know about that.
Speaker 2: But Jim Jim and the Jazz says Weavers great, except when he's mocking COVID protocols and every commentary did back then.
Speaker 3: Yikes. Well, I'm not saying. I'm not saying we vote the same way. I'm just saying they do a really good job research.
Speaker 2: And go into the next announcement. Hey, let's talk about some Shout titles. December tenth, Shout is releasing Wallace and gram At the Complete Cracking Collection on four K. So this includes all four of the short films Cracking, Contraptions, The Curse, The Way Rabbit, twenty four page book, and a color form set of characters. So on this the four k's a grand day out, the wrong trousers, a close shave in a matter of loaf and death. Those are the ones coming in four K. They are SD and not HDR, and the Curse of the Way Rabbit is still in HD, not in four K. Now, the odd thing about this is this just came out on Blu Ray fairly recently. It was not all that long ago that they announced that Blu Ray set. Now there was a brand new four K restoration that was done since then, and this is actually probably quite a bit of a visual upgrade. But if you knew that that was happening, maybe don't release it on Blu Ray until the four K restoration is done. I think that would have been a smarter choice. Jeff is asking how much are they charging? I believe this set is like one hundred and ten dollars something like that, Barry. This is coming out on Shout Studios, so Shout factory. Yes, let me let me look at the price again, because I thought it was about one hundred and ten dollars from Shout this. God, they have so many new and upcoming releases that it takes forever to scroll through them, and of course it just clicked on Clockwatchers one hundred and twenty dollars on their site. Jeez, thanks, Craig Celess says, that makes it easier. Literally can't afford it. Yeah, this is this is pricey. No, Craig that the only way to get this is this giant box. But that they're doing, I'm not entirely sure why everything all right? There?
Speaker 3: Will Oh yeah, I just got cold. Okay.
Speaker 2: Next up from Shout December tenth, they're doing a four K of Ted, the Mark Wahlberg film. This has a new four K transfer from a digital intermediate, presented in Dolby Vision, and there is a new interview on here with the co writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wilde, new interview with the producer Jason Clark. Everything else was on the previous release. But uh, this is this is interesting. This is an odd choice for Shout, very weird one. Did you ever see Ted?
Speaker 3: I did regret it? Uh, it's really weird. The way everything Seth McFarland does outside a family guy is basically please like me, no matter how like unlikable I'm behaving. Yeah, I mean, clearly the man has some stuff that he's working out. Hey, so did Hitchcock. So you know who am I to judge? I do own all of his albums.
Speaker 2: The man can sing.
Speaker 3: His voice is magic.
Speaker 2: I can't really argue with that. All right, So that is Ted?
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait wait? Wouldn't you like to meet somebody who like is? Like, Yeah, I buy all of Seth Macfarland's albums. I don't really know him as a filmmaker, but as a as a musical artist. I'm a fan because there are people that are like that, that are like, oh my god, there's a new Seth MacFarlane album. I'm getting it on vinyl.
Speaker 2: The sad thing is I totally just believed you.
Speaker 3: There are There have to be.
Speaker 2: No about you having all of them.
Speaker 3: Oh you thought that? I did.
Speaker 2: I like to think that I can trust you, but I guess I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh man, No, you cannot, not because I duplicitous. I just don't remember.
Speaker 2: True true. Yeah, all right, let's talk about the holdovers. This is getting a four K release from Shout on December seventeenth, just in time for you to get it three days after Christmas.
Speaker 3: This one, which actually kind of fits the theme, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, I got it after I said it's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, you want to feel a vague sense of disappointment after Christmas? Holdovers?
Speaker 2: Genuinely amazing movie. I do appreciate that this is getting a four K release. I don't appreciate that it wasn't done when it first came out for everybody. I mean, this movie is from last December, and everybody saw this released on Blu Ray in March or whatever it was, and it got a four K in the UK. Why couldn't we get this in the US? Makes no sense.
Speaker 3: I wonder, you know. I'm not trying to give anybody a benefit of the doubt, but it seems like everybody was really cautious about the idea of a four K market, and now that they're saying that there is one, everyone's like kind of rushing to dip their toe in, which is causing so many like quick windows between Blu ray and four K. That's pissing everybody off. Or maybe they're just double dipping and trying to fuck everybody. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Could be great movie, Genuinely great movie. Next one is Vigo Mortenson's The Dead Don't Hurt. This is coming from Shout on December third on Blu ray and DVD. This will likely never be out on four K if anybody's gonna say that they're waiting on that. This is Vigo Mortenson's film, through and through. He supposedly this is pretty decent. I've not seen this yet, but he got some okay reviews this year. Uh good cast, Yeah, definitely good cast. I know nothing about it. Silent Night, Deadly Knight, the nineteen eighty four classic, coming to four K on December tenth. If you order it from Shout, you can also choose to get this limited edition paperback novelization with it, and it's got a brand new four K transfer, a new commentary with the one and only Amanda Reyes, and the hysteria continues piport. I knew that was going to be the reaction. There's a new interview with the producer scotch Knight. On this new interview with the editor Michael Spence, another new interview with the producer scottch Knight and Dennis whitead about the longevity of the film. Then, of course the four K is only the theatrical version, and then the unrated version is on Blu Ray and that's got a bunch of special features that were in the previous release as well.
Speaker 3: I'd like to do a novelization of a exploitation film.
Speaker 2: I bet that's fun, especially if you can sell it for thirty dollars and exploit all the fans.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's kind of by definition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand why the novelization is so expensive. It is ridiculously pricey.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like, maybe it's an epic. Maybe the novelization is all five films.
Speaker 2: I mean, probably not.
Speaker 3: What if it goes back into the history of the original murderer, guy who traumatizes the little boy, the Santa Claus murderer.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, Brandan wants a novelization of things?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I would do that. I would do it. I'll do it right.
Speaker 2: Next up from Shout, we are finally getting the four K of the Faculty. This leaked as releasing. I think it was an April like nine months ago, and then disappeared off of every site, was gone, and suddenly back December seventeenth, coming on four K. This will come with a poster if you'd like it. This has a brand new four K restoration and then on the Blu Ray. There's an interview with Greg Nikoto and an interview with a production designer, Carrie White, and those two special features are enough for them to call this a collector's edition and sell it with a poster that is.
Speaker 3: Well. They timed it to remind us about what we like so much about Usher, which is his youth appeal.
Speaker 2: And his ties to Diddy.
Speaker 3: I thought that was clear.
Speaker 2: Well for many people that don't know the reference, I wanted.
Speaker 3: Them to Oh, that took care of it.
Speaker 2: I mean it might if it wasn't smooth enough. I get him some baby oil. So this is a great movie, and the Blu Ray looked like shit. I'm sure this is going to be a great looking film presentation. However, I do think it is a bit lackluster in features and it will be overpriced based on that in my opinion, right well, far.
Speaker 3: One thing I can say for sure based on my experience in academia. It may be overpriced, but none of that money is going to the faculty.
Speaker 2: Of course not of course. December seventeenth, Shout is also doing a four K release on their Shout Select line, Far and Away from nineteen ninety two. This is the Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman film directed by Ron Howard. And what's funny, I never heard anybody talking about this movie, and then it got announced and it was suddenly one of those giant classic movies that everybody was just waiting to be on Blu Ray.
Speaker 3: You know, whenever I think romance, like really passionate, free, wild, unfettered love and sexual congress, I think of Opie.
Speaker 2: And monotooth Tom Cruise. This has a brand new four K transfer of a thirty five millimeter interpositive, approved by the cinematographer. It will have Dolby Vision and Delby atmos. It has a brand new feature length look back at the making and a legacy of the film, including new interviews with Opie, a new interview with the producer Brian Grazer, with the writer Bob Dolman, cinematographer, executive producer, second union director, stunt coordinator, sound designer, cast member Clint Howard, and Moore. That they couldn't list all of that is great. I'm glad that it's gonna be on the disc. However, this was a film that was filmed on a lot of film stock that should have been scanned for this, and instead they got an ip. I'm very curious what's happening there, because this could have been much higher quality, I bet, because I believe this was.
Speaker 3: If they had rewritten the script.
Speaker 2: Anyways, just was this was one that from what I've read, was filmed on like seventy millimeter and was not preserved well enough. I'm assuming if they were not able to get this scanned for this anyways, I feel like this could have been a better looking four K, but instead, Hey, at least they're telling us that it's from the inner positive. Most companies are not saying what the four K restoration is from, so that's a plus far and away. Next up, December tenth, four K from Shouts Riddick from twenty thirteen. I believe this is the third in the Ridtck Chronicles franchise. You get the theatrical and the unrated direct cuts. This is coming on the four K disc For both of those, You've got a new interview with the director. You've got a new interview with actor Jordie Moya Mola, a new interview with the actor Katie Sakoff, and then a whole bunch of extras that were on the previous release. Now the big thing. A lot of people were asking is Arrow gonna do this in the UK because they had done the previous two Riddick films. James Flower from Arrow came out and said they are not working on Riddick. So not sure that that will never happen, but they certainly are not doing it right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I got it. He can see in the dark, all right. It's like a superhero movie, right, and that's what he can do.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never seen any of them and they never appealed to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the one where he's a babysitter. Actually, if you can see in the dark, I'd say that'd be a good power if you have a babysitter to be able to see in the art.
Speaker 2: Possibly we're still not done with Shout. They are also doing on their Shout select line Geary The Wrath of God on four K from nineteen seventy two. This is a Kinski film that I'm sure Will is dying to talk about Kinski. This has a brand new four K transfer of the OCN with Dolby Vision and no new extras from their previous release, but four K for sure, and he thoughts hurts Dog.
Speaker 3: I love Hurtzog. You know he's in my top five. Yeah, this movie is freaking masterpiece, dudent. It's gonna look amazing. What can you say about it? It's it's I mean the the It's gorgeous. It's gorgeous already, it was gorgeous on DVD. I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like on this Kinski's performance is this is this is the King Kinsky performance really, even more than nosatu or or fitzgeraldo a Gary Man. This is straight up crazy Kinsky with a bunch of monkeys and shit. This movie is.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Greg says Shout keyto of the same curation style. Is it available? All right, we'll take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal, and in a giant slate of stuff coming out December, I fear this will likely be overlooked by many people by the shiny things of the Holdover's Ted and Silent Night, Deadly Night.
Speaker 3: Uh. This is the only one I'm getting out of that group.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up, which is also Shout rock and Roll High School three seventy nine getting a four K release. If you want you can order this and get this really odd poster with your release.
Speaker 3: I don't get that this wibar makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Nothing really related to the film other than high school tropes. I guess it's a very very odd choice. But this does have a new commentary with Stephen B. Armstrong, the author of I Want You Around the Ramones and Making of Rock and Roll High School, So that's gonna be a good commentary. I'm sure this has three discs in total, all kinds of bonus features that were on the previous release, and now you've got in four K. Great movie, by the way, it's a fun time, super fun movie. Moving from there, they are also doing December third a four K of Sam Raimi's The Gift from two thousand. This is a big deal. This is the first time this has ever been legally in HD anywhere in the world. We've got a new audio commentary with Megan Navarro, another new audio commentary with the one and only Alexandra Heller Nicholas and Josh Nelson. And there's new interviews with Arthur Coburn and Bob Morowski, the editors, with composer Christopher Young, with the actor Chelsea Ross, a bunch of bonus features from back in the day. Cate Blanche had interviewed, Kenna Reeves, interview Giovanni Ribisi interviews the cast talking about Sam Raimi and a whole bunch more lots of stuff coming in this huge, huge set. I'm glad that this is getting a lot but big upgrade too, compared to what we had previously.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't believe it. Following on the heels of a simple plan going straight from DVD to Blue ray or to four K.
Speaker 2: I misremembered, I forgot Imprint did just release this on Blu ray?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have that, but this is worth the upgrade. The visuals look great. I remember seeing in the theater and I couldn't believe that it was Sam Raimi. He showed that he could slow down and restrain the camera while still being very inventive with the compositions and did a real you know, Southern Gothic. And it's not a great movie. I wouldn't even say it's top five Raimie, but it's really interesting, really good, and a real indication that of what Raimi was trying to do with his career, to show that he could do every genre which I think I went. I went at length about last month when we talked about a simple plan. Yeah, I'm really pleased about this when this was a pleasant surprise. I texted you when this was announced and I was like, I get to talk about two Ramie films in a row.
Speaker 2: Something really cool. Beyond Fest is happening in La right now and Sam Raimi fans were just introduced to a triple feature of Raimi films, all played back to back to back, and he did an hour long Q and A and I had somebody recorded and the man is fucking hilarious, sharp as hell, he is very quick. His daughter was on stage about halfway through with him. She's also hilarious. He was an incredible Q and A. I was so glad I got to see that. Chatted Jeremy, thank.
Speaker 3: You for that. Can you put that on the Patreon I.
Speaker 2: Might be able to Actually, yeah, that's a good idea. I will try to get that downloaded from Jeremy and see if I can get it up there, because it is great. It was literally about fifty three minutes and like most of the time, the crowd is laughing like hell, it is wild all right. Still not done with Shout amazingly. They are putting out on December seventeen. We just talked about one of these last month, Golden Harvest Volume two Shining Stars. You can order this and get this poster if you would like it as well. And this is a full Golden Harvest set that is very different genre than last month. So we've got Beach of the War Gods, which was released in the UK previously. We've got When Taekwondo Strikes, We've got The Skyhawk Shout, Land Boxers, Slaughter in San Francisco, Legacy of Rage, the Master, and hit Man, and I believe if I'm right, I think all of them had been released previously, either by Eureka or Radiate Films, or a combination of the two. And now you can watch all of them in the US if you are region locked. Those were impossible to be able to watch, but these look great and tons of bonus features. Beach of the War Gods alone has two brand new commentaries, one with Frank Jang, one with James Mudge. We've had an interview with an actor, a couple actors, and then moving on from there. When Taekwondo Strikes has new English subs, new commentary with Grady Hendrix and Chris Poggiali, new commentary with Frank jan and Michael Worth together and a new commentary with James Munch. Three sorry, four brand new commentaries for this one Holy Hell. Another one with Frankie Balboja and Peter glad Gawski that is wild. Four new commentaries for Win Taekwondo strikes from.
Speaker 3: Nineteen This is like the nail gun Massacre of on Kong Kong Martial arts film.
Speaker 2: You got a couple extra interviews and Frank Jang visiting Catholic church featurette on this new commentaries on the Skyhawk, new on Shallon Boxers, We got a couple of new commentaries as well. I think Frank jing did like six of the commentaries on this box set. Slaughter and San Francisco has a new interview with Kim Newman on the early work of Chuck Norris and a new commentary with Frank Jang. Legacy of Rage has a new commentary with Frankie Balboa again and then in conversation with Ronnie You on this one, Frank Jang talks about the life and times of Brandon Lee. The Master has new commentaries multiple ones Making of a Masterpiece with Steve Hoe, a bunch of archival interviews, and then Hintman has a couple new commentaries, and veteran Hong Kong film critic Ricky Baker speaks on the career of Jetly. This is a massive, overwhelmingly great looking box set. I'm not gonna put it down in any way. I am just shocked that Shout puts this much love into a box set of these random Golden Harvest titles, and then they released like a random cult film that will This is the hard part for them, and I get it it'll sell well without all these brand new bonus features, but they're willing to do it for stuff like this. One of these films has four new commentary What are they doing for other stuff that they've released with no new extras? That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think overall, this is the nicest you've been to Shout in several months.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I'll refrain from saying my next comment. Oh no, carrying on. We do have one more thing from Shout, but I wanted to get confirmation that I was correct before I posted it, So we're gonna talk about some Warrener archive. First, Looney Dunes Collector's Choice Volume number four coming on Blu Ray November twenty sixth. We do know all of the cartoons. All of those are listed here. There's even a couple bonus ones on there. This looks like a pretty great set, pretty well rounded. Actually, this looks like it may be one of my favorites compared to the other three.
Speaker 3: I have a conceptual question. Sure, if it's a Blu Ray that's a collection of shorts, how do you have bonus shorts?
Speaker 2: It's a great question. I'm not entirely sure, but that's how they're listing them.
Speaker 3: That's that's messing my head. That's messing with my head right now, Like, how do you have this is a This is like one of the This is like allegory of the Cave. This is a philosophical conundrum. If you have a collection of shorts, how can there be bonus shorts? They're all just shorts. There's no separation.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd sought out for a certain number.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Were they previously lost, previously unreleased?
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. They could be not looney tunes, but I think they are. H They're called Lighter than Hair and Stork naked sounds loony to me. Well that's enough. That settles it. Let's go to the next one before we get too confused. The Thin Man Collection coming on November twenty sixth. This has all of the previous disc that they've put out, all six of them, compiled into one strong release. I had been calling for this to get released earlier this year. I'm so glad they're doing it. For anybody that's not picked up any of the other ones, or maybe you got the first one just because it's the first. This is a pretty great opportunity to get everything at a cheaper price. And this is actually the perfect set for what we talked about earlier. If you want to watch a movie where they drink so much more than you'd expect, watch The Thin Man.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I like watching him as a set, because you know eventually there's an intervention and he has to for by the last two he's got to like stay on the wagon, and that's part of the joke. Yeah, I had the DVD set. This goes back to the conundrum I was mentioning before I had the DVD set, and then when the Archives, one of Archives began releasing the Thimming series in Blu Ray. One by one. I would systematically wait until each title went like down to like twelve ninety nine or something, and then but like I got another one, and then I finally got the complete set, and now they're coming out and it's probably they're in like a slimmer case right altogether, so I could like save shelf space. But now I just keep what I got. But even the lesser thin Man movies are fun. So this whole box set is or.
Speaker 2: It's a box set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this whole set's totally worth it.
Speaker 2: I shouted out Film Foundations earlier. We actually did a full episode on the thin Man franchise. If you want go give that a listen.
Speaker 3: It was a fun I didn't get invited to that. That's cool. No, you didn't, definitely not. Oh would you go to an expert? Yeah, you never even drunk before.
Speaker 2: Wait are you saying I've different had alcohol?
Speaker 3: You said you've never been drunk before.
Speaker 2: I've truly never been drunk in my life.
Speaker 3: So how are you gonna talk about the man you don't know? Oh? Next you're gonna s go, oh, this is the movie I've been waiting for all episode.
Speaker 2: Good must Love Dogs from two thousand and five, coming on Blu Ray November twenty sixth. Uh, why don't you tell us about John Cusack and Diane Lane's love story?
Speaker 3: There will look at that freaking dogs like these these kids are crazy. I've got nothing to say about this piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Well you said it all. This will also have deleted scenes with optional commentary past the beef gag reel and the original theatrical trailer.
Speaker 3: If anybody ever says that to you, walk away past the bead, What the fuck is that?
Speaker 2: It's a line from the Dog.
Speaker 3: The dog says, passed the I don't know, I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen this anyways. That's entertainment from nineteen seventy four, getting a Blu Ray release from Warner Archive on November twenty sixth. This says MGM marked its fiftieth anniversary with this outstanding collection of musical performances from the studio's reign as the king of the genre during Hollywood's Golden Era. Drawing from more than one hundred feature films, writer producer director Jack Hayley Junior's compilation took the box office by storm, becoming one of the highest grossing films of nineteen seventy four and brought excerpts from Tylers Shims from an American in Paris to Zeegfield Follies to audiences new and old in just one hundred and thirty five magical minutes. For this special occasion, Haley called upon great stars to host this brilliantly conceived cinematic event, like Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, Gene Kelly, Peter Lawford, lizman Elli, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds, Mickey Rooney, Frank Sinatra, James Stewart, and Elizabeth Taylor. The celebration of the MGM Musical has been painstakingly remastered from the best exibit elements to yield a new presentation that finally does justice to Haley's dazzling cinematic achievement, which cemented the importance of the MGM Musical's unique place in film history.
Speaker 3: I got a feeling that Jack Haley's got a Steak and Warner, because this description is really emphasizing the genius of Jack Haley for coming up with the brilliant idea of you know how most of these musicals suck, but they've got like one really good number. Why don't we get those old washed up actors out here and introduced their good numbers. Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 2: The Cali Kid, thank you for the donation. Here says I love your interview with J. T. Mulner. Thank you for that. Strange Darling is a masterpiece, the best movie I've seen in twenty twenty four. We're gonna talk about Strange Darling soon again. Actually really yeah, it's uh, we got details on the Blu ray release in the States. Huh. Nice terrific compendium. But the third one is the best assessed stan Geezy. Now that's what I call Entertainment Volume six on three CDs or six, causeets this is gonna have fifty years of MGM nineteen seventy four TV special on there as well, and then just one more time vintage featurette.
Speaker 3: Of course, the studio I would think it's a brilliant achievement, being like, hey, hey, you know this stuff that we've already made and doesn't cost any money, Let's just put it together and re release it. Those fucking guys will pay for it, you know, Rubes hilarious.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here is that last shout thing I was going to talk about so earlier this year, one of the gentlemen from the Whitest Kids you Know, said that, hey, the series, the complete series is coming on Blu Ray from Shout Factory later this year. Well it's not December third, It's being released on DVD. Uh not Blu Ray, and uh it says, includes all fifty outrageous episodes and bonus features on ten discs. And yes it does. However, it does not have all of the skits. Just to heads up to everybody that was looking to purchase this, the the comedy Troupe themselves decided that some of them they were not exactly proud of and they wanted left out of the collection.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: And they did confirm that Shout will not be releasing this on Blue ray. It was either DVD or nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think the first thing everyone needs to know about white people is that we lie like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's coming on Blue ray. All sign a treaty saying though, that's like that's like our main cultural thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is still great and I still definitely want to pick this up.
Speaker 3: You know, what is it's a sketch show.
Speaker 2: It is a sketch show, but it is it's pretty boundary pushing for the most part.
Speaker 3: Uh, I guess they found where the boundary was.
Speaker 2: He did find some boundaries. That was the joke I was about to make. It's okay, you've stepped on a lot.
Speaker 3: But I don't know any of these people. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, the big one, Trevor Moore was like the most famous face from the Whitest Kids. You know, he passed away sadly just a couple of years ago, very young. But one of the comedy true members is the guy that directed Barbarian Zach Kreiger.
Speaker 3: Well, that also isn't out on Blu Ray, is it.
Speaker 2: Nope, it's not out on a damn thing.
Speaker 3: I've looked him up.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just a picture of human it says dead. Yeah, all right, moving on. We were not done with Poorner archive. They are also doing Wait Till Your Father Gets Home the complete series, and when they say complete, they mean complete.
Speaker 3: This is this time.
Speaker 2: From nineteen seventy two to seventy four. This is coming on November twenty sixth, and for special features, this will have some retrospective featurettes animation for the Nation, illustrating the times how the show's artistic styles perfectly captured its era, and it is brand new four case gans of the ocns for this film.
Speaker 3: That's the whole series on Blue Ray.
Speaker 2: The whole series on Blu Ray. Okay, this is pretty cool. I'd never seen this show. Supposedly it was an inspiration for a bunch of other like animated sitcom type shows that came out.
Speaker 3: When did this come out?
Speaker 2: Seventy two to seventy four?
Speaker 3: Huh don knots in it.
Speaker 2: And others Philistiller, Money Hall, Rich Little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. They're also mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yet they're also there you go. Humor Esque from nineteen forty six with Joan Crawford and John Garfield. This will have a couple of cartoons Racketeer, Rabbit, Rhapsody Rabbit. Oh, I guess that's one cartoon, the music of humor Esque, and futurettes. And this has a brand new four case scan of the original nitrate negative nice the combustible shit, that's what I like, the scary scans.
Speaker 3: This is a good movie. I'll humor Esque, Joan Crawford at her best. I'm very much looking forward to tossing out my David d A and replacing it with this Blu Ray disc.
Speaker 2: I am hoping that you get to pick it up and it does well. What're archives stuff does not get as enough attention compared to when they had their own site and they did their whole four for forty four sale that they did pretty often. Just remember this stuff is on Amazon. You can also get it on Movies, who also does sales a couple times a year. But if you're gonna be an Amazon shopper, these go on sale for around eleven dollars or cheaper quite often.
Speaker 3: I pick up quite a few here and there. Do they still have their podcast?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, that's worthwhile. I haven't listened in a while because I'm just a bad fan. But they go into detail with the history and stuff Tim back in the day, Tim Lucas was on there all the time. But they get some real Warner insiders to talk about the films and the preservation. I like that stuff.
Speaker 2: George Felton Stein or whatever his name is something like that. He's he's the guy that is like the Warner Archive man. He's still on there all the time. I've been If anybody has a contact for him, please let me know. I would. I've been trying to find a way to get a hold of him for years, to be able to be on the show, get him in the network. We got to get him in a way to be able to talk about the work that Warner does on these It's it's a lot of stuff for a studio to put this much attention into these films.
Speaker 3: We need to talk about the genius of Jack Hayley.
Speaker 2: For at least one hundred and thirty two minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it on the mind. I've already said it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, speaking of I probably shouldn't tease like this, but I'll tell you. After I finally got a label that I've been trying to get for like two years, I was able to interview them that'll be coming out in a couple of weeks. It was a big deal. Yeah, Yeah, it's a fun one. Next up, Speak No Evil from this year is getting a Blu ray and DVD released from Universal. And you know what that means. You can pick up the four K in seven months.
Speaker 3: Uh, Ryan, Yes, the movie is deliberately telling you not to speak that way.
Speaker 2: Well, I broke the first rule of fight.
Speaker 3: I like the way. Uh nah, I don't. I don't like anything about this. Actually, you don't like McAvoy. What do you make?
Speaker 2: Uh? Split Chamalan Split? He was that's one of his best performances.
Speaker 3: Oh he's an actor. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who is he? The guy on the cover?
Speaker 3: Oh that guy, the James McAvoy professor X with the really red lips. His lips are fucked up. Man, I don't. I can't. I don't. I'm not trying to body shame. I just can't look at him.
Speaker 2: You were making a hell of a resume today, my Fred.
Speaker 3: His lips are really red and shiny. I don't know. It's weird. Some people like it. I'm not. You know, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Hasn't done anything good?
Speaker 2: Split is good. I know a lot of people have Atonement. That's one that he was in. I've never seen Atonement.
Speaker 3: All right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh, there is gonna be bonus features on this, but once again, because it's the studio, they don't tell you how long they are, and the way they describe them feels like one of those things where you're gonna press play and it's over in two and a half minutes, and it's like eleven minutes of bonus features and you have to scroll through a menu to watch them all because there's like six of them. Oh, that's right. He was Tumbness in the Chronicles of Narnia movie The Little Here was the Fawn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, he's got range. He does.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Oh he wasn't wanted as well? Good job Stan.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: Uh? The one with Angelina Joelie where you can bend bullets after you shoot them.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, good for I.
Speaker 2: Haven't thought about that movie in ages. If the Keno Loober sale on their website is not enticing you enough, Barnes and Noble is hosting a Quno Lober sale right now. This is going until November third, and I had a lot of people say, well, why are they hosting one? The sale prices on kenolober dot com are better. Well, the reason is Keno Lober puts out four point seven million films a year, and only a quarter of them are on sale on the Keto website. And they have a lot of stuff on sale on the Barnes and Noble website that are not on sale on the Keno site, so you may want to check that out. The sale applies to anything coming out during the sale as well, so if it's got a release date before November third. It should be fifty percent off of the MSRP, which puts four k's around nineteen ninety nine ish. I think Blu rays you can pick up anywhere from like thirteen to seventeen dollars depending on the title, which is pretty good for not being on sale from the label itself.
Speaker 3: I got me Film Noir Volume twenty one was Shockout on one on one. Nice. Yeah, I'm pretty site. Nice. Great movie.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: It's not a great movie, it's a good movie. It's a fun movie. Alan Maxon, Holy shit.
Speaker 2: Hey, I put up an interviewer this week with Alan Maxon and this is probably not a name you recognize, however it might be soon. This is a guy that played one of the heads of King Gadora in God's God Sell the King of the Monsters. Your face is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It looks like one of those photoshop JD fans me, the good ones like where they make them look better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He also directed Alien Planet, but he is working on he's like a creature effects person. The big thing he is in VHS Beyond that's about to drop on shutter and he's super excited about that. Check it out. He is a friend of the channel. He's great at what he does. He's got what is the name of the upcoming one he worked over in like Indonesia. He talks about it in the interview. I forget which country it was in at the time, but he did a lot of like jungle filming as a prosthetic character and it was crazy.
Speaker 3: So to make it clear, Alan Maxon is pro immigration, I hope.
Speaker 2: So all right, let's talk about some OCN titles for the next two hours. Okay, first one up is one that we had announced a few months ago, Corpse Mania getting a four K release. This is from nineteen eighty one. I don't know if this is the case, but I think this is the first four K Shaw Brothers title anywhere in the world world. I can't think of another one. If I'm wrong, somebody in the chat let me know, but I think this is the first four K Shaw Brothers. This is newly scanner restored in four K. From the OCN. We got a commentary Withming Beaver Kwi, son of the director and filmmaker Alan Chu, commentary with Sam Degan, interview with the producer Lawrence Wong, video interview with Li San Yip, the cinematographer on Corpsmania. Video interview with Min Beaver Kwai, the son of the director. We got a visual essay by Grady hendricks on this called Chi Hun Kwi Shaw Brothers Master of Horror. And this is one that I know many of you have been excited to be picking up.
Speaker 3: Very sad I've never seen this, but this one that's been on my list for a long time. This was a good I mean, this is a good subscriber package.
Speaker 2: But I have to say, all right, we're starting with Corpsmania and moving right along to the Ghost Dance. This is from nineteen eighty two, one that many people have I've posted about how difficult it was to get this one out. You and Kant, who's been on the show before, went on this long story on Facebook about how hard it was to get the negatives for this properly done. This is coming this month at is Region free skinned in four K from the OCN. We had a commentary with author J. A. Kurzwell and Amanda Reyes together on this one. Interview with the co writer director Peter Buffer. Interview with co writer producer Robert M. Sutton. Interview with stunt coordinator Don Shanks, and this is supposed to be pretty decent one that people have wanted for quite some time. Couch says, nice month picking these up. Let's see. I don't have anything else on this one except for let's see. Fred Murphy, who also did stra of Echoes on The Mothman Prophecies, was the DP on this, which I love the Mothman Prophecies. It's able. Brendon says, this is an amazing movie. Totals Yallo synth score, It's great, stoked Forgotten Jolly Volume seven. We didn't know that this was coming, and here it is revealed in all its glory. We are getting mystare obsession to taste for fear and sweets from a stranger. Have you seen any of those? Will?
Speaker 3: No, they're forgotten. I'm excited about. You know, a lot of the A lot of the movies in the series don't end up being my favorite movies, but I'm always glad to see because they're always new to me. Except for that one. Was it six that had the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five or six is kind of popular, but it.
Speaker 3: Was cool with that too, just because you know, Yeah, they're restored and looked great. So I'm a fan. Of the series, and I have nothing to say because haven't seen any of them, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Miss Teraire has a commentary with Eugenio, Echeline, Nathaniel Thompson, and Troy Howorth. Cool and then Obsession has a commentary with Eugenio and Nathaniel Thompson. Sweets from a Stranger has a commentary with Eugenio and Troy Howarth. There's also some other new bonus features on all these, but the fact that all three of commentaries that they're all restored nicely. This looks like a pretty damn great set. How do they do it every single time? And one of these I don't remember which one it is, it's either let's see. I think somebody was saying one of these is like a future Jialli something like that. I may be thinking about something else. It's been a weird week of announcements, but let's get to the one that was most talked about this week. Nineteen seventy six is the tenant coming on four K from Vinegar Syndrome. How do we feel about this? Will?
Speaker 3: I'm pleased?
Speaker 2: Are you excited for this wild packaging?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's cute, you know, I'm glad it's part of the subscription and not like one of the sub labels. You know. The Tenant's a really intense movie and comes from arguably the most artistically accomplished period of Polanski's filmmaking. I like it a lot. I'm excited to upgrade. I want to see how it looks in forecab and it's gorgeous. So just to be clear, you know, plan Ski is a compromised individual as a human being. I don't know if you all have heard about that, but I want to make it clear that I want to acknowledge it while saying that I still want to see them movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, everything that we've talked about before on the show is all about separating the art from the artist. We will happily do that again.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I do not separate the art from the artists. A guy who did that made this movie.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm getting at. I'm getting at not count not canceling full features because somebody that did something horrific is a part of it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's just what are you accomplishing exactly. The movie has been made right where you're and you're not you're not donating cash to like a Roman Polansky gofund me when you when you buy the movie.
Speaker 2: Now that being said, I gotta admit I don't love when we are announcing these from companies and all we're using are very complimentary adjectives, like from Maverick director Roman.
Speaker 3: Tel that's accurate.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's not accurate.
Speaker 3: But he didn't follow the rules.
Speaker 2: Of anything I know. However, Jesus, I think there are better ways to do that. This one obviously is a little more difficult to separate from him because he is literally the star of the film as well.
Speaker 3: Well. I think that's that's part of what makes it artistically and philosophically interesting. You know, the guy is a great artist, but he's also very I think the most charitable way I can put it as there's a very flawed human being.
Speaker 2: During many artists, by the way, well, and like.
Speaker 3: Many people, and and and and and he committed his crimes during a time where people in positions of prestige could get away with it. Yeah, and and uh, you know, his his reputation and and and in other ways of certainly been held to account, although you know, certainly it's debatable whether he's been held to account. But to watch a film like this in which the protagonists played by Polanski undergoes this nervous breakdown, I think, you know, wrestling with the complicated feelings we have about his uh real life past makes the film that that much more troubling and provocative and hopefully hopefully productive. You know, we live in an era where we have a much more nuanced and precise vocabulary for our mental health are physical and emotional boundaries, uh and social and structural inequalities. And so looking at this, a film made by yeah a create can take us into some uncomfortable directions. But you're also you know, as Ronnie mentioned, you're also totally making a valid point if you decide not to watch it because it troubles you or because you don't want to give the guy at the time of day. UH. So I support and validate, not that you need validation, but I support and validate that point of view as well. Wow, you know there's no I don't I don't feel no conclusion. I'll come to feels right, and that I think is important to acknowledge and explore.
Speaker 2: Agreed, And I'll also throw out for those that find it difficult to make time to watch bonus features. This is one of those films where the bonus features are gonna be very important. I imagine. On this disc we've got a commentary at Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson. We've got an interview with Polanski himself, interview with Andre Penvern, Stephen Thrower talks about the tenant in a little featurette interview with the assistant cameraman Francois Catan, and then a visit to the locations of the tenant that is about eleven minutes long, and then even more that was just too much to not even be able to list because it was already so long. Obviously a very important movie. It's one of the entries in the Apartment trilogy from Polanski, and uh, Johnny's in this, Polanski's in this. This is This is a big one for a lot of people. This is an all timer film previously released by Shout and now you get it here in four K and Region A locks Blu ray and you can get it now it's part of your subscription.
Speaker 3: The first time I had a nervous breakdown, I was living in a two room apartment, and a couple of years after I I won't say recovered, but moved on from it. I saw the tenant and was like, oh yeah, yep, that's what happened. All right, that is different, but that is the tenant. Moving on from Polanski to mind Benders. This is from nineteen eighty seven and a guy with a syringe Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Again not planned. This is part of their VSA line. Uh this is uh did I say nineteen eighty seven Way to.
Speaker 3: The Top show that other picture? I feel like this should have been released by show Factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout Factory only does stream films.
Speaker 3: It's the picture, dude. I know they're shouting.
Speaker 2: They're shouting I got it?
Speaker 3: Did you get it?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Did you get my incredible genius Jack Haley level joke?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna use it in the clip show in three years.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you should have a clip show like that Comms used to do. That would be so funny, like a six and a half hour clip show.
Speaker 2: Just be you, Like, I don't funk with toe Baggs. So the Nazis they.
Speaker 3: Just the highlights of decades of fabulous decades.
Speaker 2: My god. Uh, this one is gonna be Uh. This one is about.
Speaker 3: Free okay, sorry, go ahead. You know what, why don't you take over? No? It's okay, no, No, that was I'll look at that. Is that? Is that mature?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that how you deal with your feelings? Just withdraw?
Speaker 2: I'm going to read the description now. Frankie and Crash run the most popular high school radio show in town, keeping the students buzzing with rock and roll music and rebellious influences. But when Principal Borden decides the good times are rolling too freely, he brings in the mysterious Doctor Gunboo to implement a new behavioral modification program. Almost immediately, the schools radio wait, why is behavioral modification program capitalized? Anyways? The school's radio station is commandeered by agents of the program, and shortly thereafter, the students start displaying increasingly disturbing and zombie like behavior while developing a new found taste for violence against anyone who won't conform. Realizing that whatever is going on is forcibly changing their friends, Frankie and Krash shaking upon themselves to find out what doctor Gunbow is up to and the ultimate goal of his mind bending conspiracy. This has a commentary track with the director, Jeanie Joseph and the writer actor Skip Lackey. Commentary track with Jane James Branscomb and Nick Vance of the Cinematic Void podcast thirty seven minute making of doc with a bunch of interviews with producer, director, writer, lead actors and all that stuff coming as part of the VSA lie. Uh, yes, anybody picked this one up? Anybody's super excited about this one. I did not hear anybody speak on this. Did you get this one?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man up, car broke down? I can't get anything this month.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: I don't know this movie. Uh, this might have to be a sale for me. Like every I don't know everything that gets put out I want to see. I don't necessarily want to see more than once though, So yeah, this definitely appeals to me, but it's not like must have.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right. Next one is also a VSA title, and this is dial D for Demons from two thousand. It's a pretty late film. This one is directed by Billy Tang, who also did Doctor Lamb. This is a region A Blu ray scanner restored in two K from the OCN presented in the original Cantonese with newly translated English subs. We got a commentary with Kenneth Brorson and Phil Gillion of the podcast on Fire Network. Terrence Yen speaks on the making of dial D for Demons for thirteen minutes visual essay by Sam Degan about the legacy of Billy Tang and that is it on this disc From the two of them, this one sounds a little more appealing for me.
Speaker 3: I was just looking up Eddie Deson because silent man to be point it out, that is yes, yeah, is he unlawfully entered a nursing facility and then was ruled unfit to stand trial because of his mental health. So that's sad because Eddie Deson is one of my favorite movies of all time ever, Surf two, Midnight Madness Languishing on DVD, dal D for Demons lost interesting. I was as you were reading, I was trying to resist making a you know, wanting the d joke. But that being put aside, I think it's no coincidence that since Sam Deagan has begun, you know it, has been working full time at Finger Syndrome, we've been seeing more and more Cat three movies and I'm all for it because it's a lot of This is filling a huge gap in my like film experience, and I'm so happy for it. So yeah, this is definitely on the list.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just realized we haven't even started the Oceans.
Speaker 2: God, let's go and Ocean of Why it's only what eleven to fifty over there.
Speaker 3: I gotta get up at five thirty and make my children breakfast.
Speaker 2: But I know you're dying to talk on this one. We are getting Shanks from nineteen seventy four on four K from the Cinematograph line. This is a big one because it is a William Castle title, Billy C four K and Blu Ray. We had a new audio commentary with Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw. New interview with the producer Stephen North reanimating William Castle, a visual language in the Path to Shank's new visual essay by the one and only Daniel Kramer, in archival interview with the actor Marcelos So whatever his name is. New text essays by Heather Draine, Alexander Heller, Nicholas Murray Leader and that is it. This looks like a pretty fancy package for.
Speaker 3: This, such a of all the of all the William Castle movies, I never would have expected this would be the first four K right his final film. Yeah, I guess I'm going to check this out.
Speaker 2: Is this one you've never seen?
Speaker 3: No, I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: I was hoping to lean on you for this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I know who William Castle is, I've never heard of him. I can say this one doesn't have any gimmicks associated with it.
Speaker 2: With the film called Shanks and there's a coffin on the cover.
Speaker 3: I think the gimmick is getting you to pay for the four.
Speaker 2: K paid off in Spade just a little too late.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a long this is the long game.
Speaker 2: And uh. Vinegar Syndrome also released Attack of the Beast Creatures on their Degausser VHS package that they've been doing and Alcer anything else you want to you wanna make fun of day Gouse? Is that what you just said, day Goosey? I'm just day Gouse.
Speaker 3: You're about to drop me for Sidon, aren't you.
Speaker 2: I mean he's already texted me.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, I feel like Karl Anthony Towns right now.
Speaker 2: CALLI kid again. Thank you, Ryan, your interviews are excellent. Also, your life streams involving around physical media. The best Will crushes when he is on Everybody has so many like kind words for Will, everybody's favorite guest.
Speaker 3: I crush for you CALLI, Uh, don't listen to Will. Which on which one's Ronnie talking about? That's one of those Angel and devil on your shoulders, except it's just two devils.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, I could definitely see that, like.
Speaker 3: Which one is more forgiving of sexual predator predators? It's like the level of devils that you have on your shoulders.
Speaker 2: With everything you've said tonight, it would be a pretty crazy angel. All right.
Speaker 3: That's been a good movie, crazy angel that probably already exists. Well, I mean you know, uh, what's that movie? Shit?
Speaker 2: Uh, please tell me you're not talking about the Travolta one.
Speaker 3: The No No No, the Nicholas Cage remake of the Vim Vendors movie with Meg Ryan riding on a bicycle with no hands like an idiot. Uh.
Speaker 2: Because of the CE, Craig says, the chemistry between you two elevates First of the Month episodes every single month, City of Angels.
Speaker 3: That's it told you to begin with, to see.
Speaker 2: Ronnie and Leaf coming in than you thank you and Sibnor just texted me City of Angels.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you give your number out Willy Nilly, oh man, larious, you start getting nick Cage recommendation.
Speaker 2: We have some new merch available that Jeremy Long and myself got to talk about in the new episode of Punk Vacation on our segment. Merch mats that we have every month, which is such a funny name. We got the Spooky's shirts. We have this Tales from the Vinegar crypt shirts, Fade to Black Blood Finale shirts, a Vinegar Syndrome Penance Cinematograph Last Picture Show shirt which I only included a picture of the front. This whole shirt is actually really nice. If you're interested in it, you should probably take a look at that one. Cinematograph also doing a couple stickers as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in time for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pretty nice. Let's get to OCN finally, though. First one is Canadian International doing Abducted from nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah you've been abduct to Eh.
Speaker 2: That's the actual Kidneper saying.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, that's the original title. Hey, I don't want you to make you uncomfortable there, but I'm gonna have to kidnap you. Wow.
Speaker 2: This is written and directed by Boone Collins, who also did Butcher Baker nightmare Maker. Inspired by shocking true story, this USA up all night favorite takes a harrowing journey from psycho sexual horror to high stakes adventure yarn with the introduction of Grizzly Adams himself, Dan Haggerty.
Speaker 3: You know what's always been missing from psycho sexual horror films. In my opinion, this Grizzly Adams.
Speaker 2: Somebody with the last name of Haggarty just.
Speaker 3: Adds a little gravitass to the proceedings, you.
Speaker 2: Know, rody it to kidnever just like sorry every five.
Speaker 3: Hope you're not uncomfortable with those ropes there. I just got to make sure you don't get away.
Speaker 2: Oh weird. Tangent reminds me of the comic that is in the Physical Media Advocate that's about to release, And every time I've shown the magazine of my wife because she helps edit some of it, she has literally like died laughing every time she's used the comic. Anyways, this one is newly we scanned, newly scanned restored in two K from the thirty five milli meter blow Up inter Negative. We got a new commentary with We've Said This a Lot Tonight Amanda rey Is and j. A. Kurzwell. New introduction of the film by Boone Collins. New interview with Collins as well, Colin reflects on his whole body of work. A new interview with the cinematographer, and new visual essay by Stephen Brumer. We've got an excerpt from Abducted to the Reunion. We got an excerpt from Collins, a student film Kettle of Fish with optional commentary, a couple of trailers, and a booklet with new essay by Alexandra Heller Nicholas, and a new motion picture Purgatory comic strip by Rick Trembles.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? There's a sequel call Abducted to the Reunion. That's the most hilarious title ever.
Speaker 2: CALLI kid wants to know if you've done stand up comedy or if you write jokes? Nope, I mean you stand up and do comedy in front of a class every so often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes I get that, but no, no, no, I'm just I spend most of my life being lonely, and then I talk to somebody and it just all comes out.
Speaker 2: And one thing Will is looking for is our next title attachment. This is coming out from Shutter.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I can't abduct you, I'll just attach myself to you.
Speaker 2: Sorry. This is the Shutter, one of the Shutter titles. For this month, we have a new audio commentary by the writer director, Gabriel Beer gizleson. I can't read that one. We also got a new audio commentary with Lindsey Traves, a booklad new writing with bj Colangelo on this one. I've never seen this one.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a modern film from twenty twenty two and I've not even heard much about it, but I'm gonna I'm interested in checking this one out, so.
Speaker 3: I'll watch on a shutter first and see.
Speaker 2: Exactly releasing Coma from twenty twenty two. This is bertrand Bonello, who also did The Beast from this year, the film that has done very well for Banillo. This one is going to be region free, has a commentary with the director and subtitles, and that's it. I've not seen any of their films yet, but this one looks pretty decent.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I read a good review of it of Coma that preferred the Beast, but well, you know, well we'll talk about in a minute. But Zombie Child is also coming out by the same director, and I haven't seen Coma. I have seen Zombie Child, now I want to see COMA.
Speaker 2: Nice moving to the next one is the fastest seller of the month. I think AGFA putting out the Cult of Agfa Trailer Show. This is something they just made last year themselves in house at AGFA with Brett Berg and Joseph A. Ziemba, both friends of the show. Bit on the channel before this one will have the Cult of Agfa Trailer Show that is seventy six minutes long, preserved from a newly struck thirty five millimeter theatrical print. Commentary with the AGFA team on this uncut versions of all of the trailers that appear in the mixtape that they did. There's a short called Rated R by Brett Berg. There's a short called The Day the Earth Got Free Richard Pryor photos by Iheid Paychef, and then a short called just When You Thought It was Safe and quite a bit on this disc. Yeah, the slips sold very quickly and the standard is currently sold out as well. This will be back. It's not out of print, don't resort to eBay, don't do anything like that. But we gotta take a moment because Will's replacement is.
Speaker 4: Here smirching the good people of Canada.
Speaker 3: Hear me? Do you hear me? Will? I will not have it? Uh Sam song for this? Will?
Speaker 6: I put pants on. I didn't, and that's why I'm your replacement.
Speaker 2: Will. Mister Sibner, mister Will.
Speaker 3: It's nice to see you face to half face for the first time. Very nice.
Speaker 6: It's nice to meet you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a handsome fella.
Speaker 4: I can't insult you. Come on, I worked this whole shtick out never min.
Speaker 3: I've never been good at the yes and.
Speaker 6: Now I'm now blushing and everything.
Speaker 3: Come on, where are you from?
Speaker 2: I'm from Manhattan, Manhattan, Manhattan, Kansas, New.
Speaker 6: York born raised.
Speaker 4: Wow, I couldn't cut and paste his links while I'm on my phone right now, I was trying to cut and paste it on my browser and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Well, I can relate to that.
Speaker 6: I'm not as old as you, but I'm closing in on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't actually have any gray hair.
Speaker 6: So that's that's that's the fate of the redhead.
Speaker 3: You've got it on your mouth.
Speaker 2: That's what she said, Ronnie pointing out that Simoniner can't spell replacement because in the bottom of it says Will's replacement. Also show shout out to KB Loves Movies. Just had Sibmonar on his channel for a long stream the other day. I go watch that whole video. It's pretty great.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You got me being on that one.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just jumping on here for a second because it's your show.
Speaker 3: So I'm just oh, it's Ryan show.
Speaker 4: I asked Ryan, I said, put me in coach, and He's like, just for a second.
Speaker 3: So no, this is a real honor. I always enjoy you in the uh in the chat, and I saw you when you co hosted and I thought you were great, and uh, thanks man, And yeah this is weird. You're right who said that? But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: This is like humbost like everyone just jumps in.
Speaker 3: It's like when you go to one of those anonymous orgies and you know the lights are off for a reason and suddenly they come on and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bob, by the way, Humboldt, I just sent you a.
Speaker 3: Link I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Humboldt. That is not the link to the orgy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always though, who needs a fifteenth?
Speaker 3: It is funny when like the streams get crossed, you know.
Speaker 2: Are we doing freezing still? All right? Uh? Thanks to Will's replacement. We will see you soon. I'll see this in that. Uh back to Ocen that was agfa. Next is Catalog putting out Dude Bro Party Master three from twenty fifteen. This is from the crew that did the five Second films and will have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: What does the Sibner mean? Is that like the real name?
Speaker 2: That is his name? Daniel Siboner?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, h No, I haven't seen this, but I feel like we could be in it.
Speaker 2: It. It is hilarious. This is one of my favorites, very very happy with it. I'm glad they're putting it out. This was released previously by Scream Team Releasing, but it does have some new stuff on here. We've got a couple of new audio commentaries. I don't know if the five second film supercut was on the previous Blu Ray release, but the fact that that's on here is really exciting. Glad that we can have this. Yeah, I love this movie and I think a lot of people would like it as well. Dust it's I'm so far behind. But got to Will asking if the critter's release was French because of Lac and screeped with laughter.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you didn't wake anybody up.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hilarious. Uh yeah, check out Dude Bro Party Masker three. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? You want to know? Something funny?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Like when I said that I was joking, but when I first saw the saw the text on the screen, I was like Leke Contante, Like I really for a second, I really thought it was that.
Speaker 2: So here is the Scream Team releasing of Dude Bro Party Masker three, and the five second film super cut is not on here. So I think this is a must own and a very good important reason to get this one, even if you have the old release. Yeah, that's a big deal important.
Speaker 3: This is an important film everyone should have in their collection.
Speaker 2: Genuinely, if you were like around early YouTube culture, five second films was a big part of that, and this, for a lot of people was probably pretty instrumental for sketch comedy, for years.
Speaker 3: Actually did's sketch comedy.
Speaker 2: The film itself isn't, but five Second Films was. The film itself kind of does feel like it. I think you would like it though. It's really well done. Speaking of well done things that are not, Darkstar Pictures putting out fear dot com from two thousand and two. This is the first HD release of this film ever and Dark Star Pictures got this, which this is one of those titles that people have wanted for a long time because they remember seeing it when they were younger, and I'm amazed that dark Star got this. This is coming with a brand new twenty twenty four retrospective commentary by the director William Malone. You'll recognize that name from some other VS releases in the past. New academic commentary with Nathaniel Thompson and Troy Howarth. I saw and I would love to see what they're gonna say in an academic commentary.
Speaker 3: I have never seen that particular adjective used.
Speaker 2: In academic commentary. Yeah, I I think it's people would expect this to get roasted in a commentary. That's weird, dude, It is a little weird. Is a little weird. David Hollands says they should have come with any dropper filled with bleach so you could blind yourself. TV Kane says this movie exists.
Speaker 3: I should say I was actually talking to a publisher about putting together a collection on early Internet horror films, you know, like Strange Land and Fear dot Com and uh, what's that one with Dean Winchester.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: On one of those early Internet horror movies. Yeah, and I think it still might happen. I think there. I think there may be a book project coming on, you know, these these early early two thousands internet horror films.
Speaker 2: Dallas, that's such a great comment. I was floored to see this announced in a bad way instant purchase. By the way, Dallas is the one commenting earlier that he was hit rather hard by.
Speaker 3: No No. Well, yeah, so there might be an actual academic commentary coming soon. Interesting no slam against Nathaniel and Troy. I just that's weird, that a little odd. Yeah, Well, then again, I always I thought it was kind of strange that Severn insisted on the credit that they gave us for the commentary on Spideral Labyrinth. I can't remember it was but it was like way too many words.
Speaker 2: Way too many words. Ragnar's asking will I, I'm assuming I or you will we get the three hundred dollars plastic chainsaw release from Dark Dark Sky Dark whatever's called Dark Sky Films. Did you see that announcement?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, no, I mean I've already got their four K in the second site. Four K. That's that's, that's it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that you had both interesting. Yeah, I'm definitely there's like I wouldn't even get it if it was half that price.
Speaker 3: Are we going to talk about Toby Hooper at some point? Because I got.
Speaker 2: A no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Well, at some point we probably should work him in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can do that at the very end.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, two hours and forty minutes into this, let's talk about Toby Hooper for a minute in the middle of dot com.
Speaker 3: How many more releases we have?
Speaker 2: A shit ton?
Speaker 3: Will let's get there.
Speaker 2: Uh we still have like thirty.
Speaker 3: All right, well, there's eighty seven people watching.
Speaker 2: That's it, all right, dot com stick around.
Speaker 3: It's a Toby Hooper thing.
Speaker 2: A pretty big Toby Hooper thing. There is a bunch of extras on this The Fear dot Com location scouting, the making of.
Speaker 3: A visual weird because it's on the Internet right.
Speaker 2: Uh. Visual essay on this The Horror of Technology by Sam Degan. Booklet with an essay by Justin the Liberty himself from Into Your Syndrome and a twenty twenty four retrospective interview with William Alone. Lots coming on this, Yeah, freed dot com peer doc Stephen dot The next one is the Found Footage Phenomenon. This is from twenty twenty one. Uh. This is a documentary that was made by Sarah Appleton and Philip Scott. Phil Escott you might recognize that name. He is one of the producers of Second Sight. He produces lots of their discs. H Dustin says Sam Winchester and cry Wolf. Is that the one you were thinking of? No, it's Devour Devour. Oh. Somebody else said Devour earlier and I j.
Speaker 3: We were talking about Ackles. You think I don't know the difference between Jensen Ackles and Jared Padi Lackey.
Speaker 2: Somebody said Devoured. I missed it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, TV Kane said it. Thanks TV. Anyways, this one getting released. We've got a documentary Unfound Footage, New Interview with the directors Phil Scott and Sarah Appleton. We've got deleted footage and supposedly the words deleted footage is really underselling the And there's a lot of interview footage that's not in the dock that is presented here on the side.
Speaker 3: The other thing, uh that refound footage.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, booklet with an essay by friend of the channel and a member of our discord, mister Sam Cohen. What Yeah, Sam Cohen got an essay in this. Uh. By the way, I see everybody talking about the slip being sold out almost on this Shutter doing a thousand of these ragnar saying what it killed them to make two thousand slips? Justin Li Liberty was asked about this in the discord and he said it has nothing to do with Fomo the label themselves. So Shutter has the option on how much, how many they want to buy, how many they're willing to pay for and that he said they do have some coming up with two thousand slips, but they the ones that are doing is like they didn't expect them to sell as well as they have, so they've chosen deliberately to only do a thousand because they didn't think they would sell.
Speaker 3: I guess Shutter is as discovering the slipcase phenomenon.
Speaker 2: That'll be the next documentary in three years.
Speaker 3: The Cardboard Wars.
Speaker 2: The Cardboard Wars. Oh, by the way, rest in peace to Frank from American Pickers this week? What that was a dumb joke about those terrible shows. Have you ever seen American Pickers, the two guys that go through like people's garages and buy things to be able to sell later at Throne Shop. The guy Frank from that just died this week. Oh well yeah, fairly young too.
Speaker 3: Anyways, thrifting can be stressful.
Speaker 2: X y Z Films releasing Give Me an A from twenty twenty three. This says seventeen films, seventeen filmmakers, one Supreme Court ruling. What is Jesus?
Speaker 3: What do we I just look at the cover and was like, yep.
Speaker 2: Yes, seventeen film, seventeen filmmakers, one Supreme Court ruling, a countless number of women. Give me an A is an urgent and passionate response from a group of women committed to protecting or securing their right to privacy bodily autonomy and healthcare. From satire to horror to science fiction, these films are a unified voice that tells the world how they feel about the overturning of Roy v Wade Roe v Wade. There is a couple of featurettes on this with some liner notes by head producer Natasha Halevy and that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the most important release of the week. I think probably do you care about that sort of thing?
Speaker 2: It's certainly up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Jd Vance saying basically said he was pro choice at the debate. Not true. Can I just go out on a limb and say that I'm supportive of free productive right? And I think that's fine? Yes, I hope, I hope this film. I hope this film comes to term.
Speaker 2: Yep, not allowing matter. Next, Saturn's Core releasing Gut Pile from nineteen ninety eight. Gut Pile at the back of the lip look kind of boring, and then you look in the darkness, it's kind of ominous. Yeah, this one says it is going to be Reagion three with the new commentary with Jerry Sullivan and the actors Ron Bank, Ed Maston and Jeff Forsyth. Ron Bank is the guy that runs SRS Cinema, by the way, another Blu Ray company. We've got a couple interviews on this, a round table chat with some people moderated by Jeff Forsyth as well. We've got The Scarecrow from nineteen eighty Jerio Sullivan's early Super eight short that inspired the film nineteen seventy nine's The Axe that is Jerry oh Sullivan's early Super eight short that also inspired Gut Pile. Sadam's Core. Just going all in on these low brow filmmakers that love stuff like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, a couple days ago, I explained to my daughter that I had a dad bod and she responded, no, Dad, you have a gut pile, and sad to say, she's more accurate.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I made the joke on here before, but I was really proud of it. One time my wife made some sort of joke about a dad bod and I said, well, I prefer to call it my father figure because I never had one.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, good God, you and Madonnah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all in vogue. Next Bleeding Skull, releasing in Memoriam from two thousand and five, says by A. Mandic Usack says, two years before Paranormal Activity, there was in Memoriam, a chilling found footage haunted house movie from the filmmaker A mandic Usack. The story follows Dennis and his partner Lily as they install home security cameras to document Dennis's struggles with a terminal disease, but soon the cameras capture something else. Never released on home video ever. In Memoriam is a prescient exploration of generational trauma and the horror genre and an essential analog horror artifact. We got a commentary with the director and the interview with the director, and a photo gallery, the original trailer, and a VHS version on this one.
Speaker 3: My favorite Usack.
Speaker 2: Not a fan of Joan.
Speaker 3: Must love terminal diseases.
Speaker 2: Next up is Connie releasing doing a Carnal from nineteen eighty three. This one is making a lot of people excited. This is one that they've wanted for quite some time. I believe this is one hundred twelve minutes long, region a locked two K restoration, interview with Joel Torre, interview with Ricky Lee, and then a booklet with new writing by Jason Tan Lewag. Connie does some pretty great work.
Speaker 3: I love their curation of Filipino film because, as I've said in earlier episodes, like most Filipino film that I was aware of prior to Connie was Roger Korman movies. So no jokes, this is just a must have. Is one of the labels that I'm generally automatic with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Connie, Like, I feel like the people that love Connie really love Connie, and then other people just don't get into them.
Speaker 3: Uh, not sure why those people suck well. I mean, like all honestly, we're we're going through twenty one OCN releases. To stay sane and and pay your rent, you know, you have to kind of narrow your focus, and so I certainly understand people, uh pick out some some favorite labels that they source. You know, there's there, there's the whole contingent of etr stands.
Speaker 2: But but Ross watches the show by the way, Hi Ross.
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's there's They got some great releases. I'm just nobody's just beuting that I got. Hey, I watched the Green Jelly movie not too long ago. But Connie, you know, from just a film archival film history perspective, is really hitting an area that global film culture has been ignoring for years. HR is great too, Yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 2: I mean for Connie especially. I think that first Filipino title, if I remember right, was the first Filipino title in HD anywhere in the world. Yeah, which to be able to say that in like twenty twenty three, I think it was. That's a crazy accolade to be able to pull out of nowhere. It's impressive. Anyways. That is Carnal from Connie. Next is kid Thing. This is from Factory twenty five. This is another label I need to have on the channel. I've been trying to get them for a little bit. This is from the skewed minds of acclaimed filmmakers David and Nathan Zelner, who brought you Sasquatch, Sunset and Kumiko the Treasure Hunter. This will be region free. You've got some short films on this, and when I say short cut, many many short films are coming on this. You've also got a twenty eight page booklet with the Zeller Brothers interview mashup and Yeah, this looks like a pretty solid release. If you're into this film or the idea of this film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, crazy kids right, love watching them?
Speaker 2: Uh usually yeah.
Speaker 3: Do a double feature with Lucas, which also needs an HD release.
Speaker 2: It sure does.
Speaker 3: Out of prep Blu Ray, I want four K Lucas.
Speaker 2: This one we had heard about last month, but we got some details on Magnolia's release of Murder Party from two thousand. This is the Jeremy Solnier. This is Magnolia's first partner label release that they're doing, and they've got a lot of titles of their catalog. If they're going to start doing some older titles, they could do some special releases. This has a new interview with Jeremy Solonnier, new commentary with Simon Abrams, brand new transfer and upres of the original tape materials for this that was approved by the director. We've got the archival commentary with Jeremy Solonnier, Chris Sharp and Making Blair. There's a Making a Murder Party, how to Make your Own Brown Night Costume, outtakes, bloopers trailer, and then a booklet with new writing by Kim Newman. Of all people talking about Murder Party, say what you want to say?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have an opinion. I guess We'll see what this is like.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. I definitely recommend it. Next is a VHS sit or Va Shitfest, putting out Night from nineteen ninety six. This says night lays bear, the planning, botched execution, and grizzly aftermath of an attack on a brood of lethal vampires. Leading the deadly pack is Anthony Gerring, once a rum runner, now a crack dealing suburban bloodsucker. What a sentence? Night is a super unique and fun take on the vampire genre, shot exclusively in New York in the mid nineties and never officially released before. Only a handful of screener VHS is wherever given away, and it's been impossible to see until now. With a new transfer from the original master, VHS Hitfest could not be happier to awaken this lost film from its tomb. You've got an audio commentary with the director and Richard Cutler one of the actors, new interview with Glenn andreve new interview with Richard Cutler, a trailer and a teaser trailer coming to this one. Have you gotten much from VHS Hitfest?
Speaker 3: We got the Cornshucker.
Speaker 2: Did you watch that one yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I loved though? What was that one that was made in Missourira?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: The Ninja Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Ninja movie Justice Ninja Style. That shit is awesome and the special features on it are even better than the movie. So yeah, yeah, I'm down with VH Hipfest. Justice Ninja Style so far has been my favorite release. So yeah, I'll check out Night. You know, nothing like Vampires in New York. The wonder there's a better title than that.
Speaker 2: Humboldt is leaving, have a good night. Humboldt Dallas says, Night is huge. It's been stuck in my letterbox watch list forever. Cgv TV twenty five. Out of all those new Partner label releases, I would have thought Murder Party would have sold out first. I did too. I'm amazed that it hasn't. Silent Mannible says, wait, I'm missing a Salnia film in my watch history. Yes, this is his debut, this last one, Murder Party Sonya Next is a double feature also from Connie. This is Plastic and Yamata double.
Speaker 3: Dips A lot or not double dips. Not a lot of double releases this.
Speaker 2: Month, Yes, and I think that's how What did Justin say? I think it was thirty thirty movies are being released, is how they said it. This month, it's so much Yamato, California. These are from twenty twenty three and twenty sixteen, respectively. They both got extra features on them. We got an interview with Dysa K. Miyazaki on You Yamato California in Yamato Plastic on tour and extended Q and A in Sydney, Australia. Booklet with new writing by Alexander Fontaine Rousseau. Love the slip on this nice art. I like that one.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Damn. Good month. A couple of these, like Connie has never had two releases in one month before. I think this is the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and both of these look cool, you know yeah.
Speaker 2: Next up, speaking of etr etr Media releasing Power of Gray Skull The Definitive History of he Man and the Masters of the Universe, which was previously I believe a Kickstarter title, and I don't know how people feel about that. Where if you back a Kickstarter and they release it on Blu Ray through the Kickstarter, if it gets a different release later, if you feel hurts or something. I got a lot of comments people saying they felt like they got kicked on the teeth by this coming out because they had backed the original Kickstarter. I don't know, I would want more people to see it personally.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't that the point?
Speaker 2: I mean it is for me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I was into Hymn as a kid. I had Castle Gray Skull. Uh. I feel like I learned a lot about myself with characters like ram Man and Man at Arms and he Man of course and Man he Faces, but mostly ram Man. I was a fan of ram Man. And you know, every now and then Tila will get into the mix and be like, oh this is new.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants you to talk about Fisto.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, and uh Face and beast Man and and Whiplash. And I enjoyed and I enjoy way. You know, it was kind of a screwed up adaptation, but I enjoyed the the Courtney Cox Dolph Langren film Masters of the Universe. I'm not sure how I feel about this. You know, we talked about uh nostalgia earlier, and uh, I don't know if I want to see this or not. I get that, you know, like, like I haven't watched there's a Netflix series about like the toys that made us. I haven't watched it because like part of me is worried that the documentary won't do justice to my experience or or or yeah in some ways like cheap in my experience. Like I don't I don't want to. I don't want to learn something that's gonna make me like despise myself. Get that. Ronnie's right, Like, I want to see it, but I don't want to spend thirty dollars on it. And I'm like thinking how much money I spent on he Man toys growing up? Of course the cartoon Oh my god, talk about talk about you know, no, the Republicans aren't trying to censor he Man. It seems like you know you aren't eat you woult to get into indoctrination, son, That's the one. I'm like looking at he Man being like, you know what, goddamn, I'll get into that too.
Speaker 2: Lots of bonus features on this release.
Speaker 3: Lots of boner features is what it is. Listen that show knew what it was doing. That's some S and M shit getting packaged for kids, and I'm all for it. I'm one hundred percent in favor of homo erotic entertainment for young people. It's important for us to explore our complicated feelings.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That's why you have action figure figures. You know. You're Yeah, you put your hands all over them, you touch them and whatnot. I had man, let me tell you, I explored everything he was capable of. And Tila too.
Speaker 2: Oh God, all right, I think we're done with Team in an evil in all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: From Film Movement, Uh, this is so difficult. Uh. They are putting out Red Beauty Gambler one through three. This was a Eureka release recently, and now it is available here in the States. You've got a new visual essay on one and two by Tokyo Scope author Patrick Massius. Video introduction to Red Peny three by the director Alex Cox, who did Repoman. A new audio commentary on Red Peny three by Chris Pagiali and John Charles. Booklet with a new essay by Mark Shilling in this one. If you don't have the Eureka, this seems like a pretty stand up great US release for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goes what I was saying. Grab it.
Speaker 2: Phil Movement does great work too, By the way.
Speaker 3: Grab Alex Cox's Peone, Jez.
Speaker 2: Will you Oh my god. Anyways, uh, next got another classic. I I'm still amazed that this is coming through Oco. Yeah, this movie phil Movement putting out Philip Ridley's The Reflecting Skin from nineteen ninety with the evocative slip cover. The hard part. Unfortunately, if you have the old blue Blu ray, I believe this is the same Blue but just put in a slipcover. It does say new essay by film writers Travis Crawford and Heather Heitch. I don't think that's new. I think that was in the old release on the Blu ray that they did previously. I don't think this will be a new restoration. I don't think any of that will be different. Yeah, this is this is a big deal. I'm glad this one's been like hard to purchase even on Amazon for less than like twenty nine dollars. So if you're a subscriber or you're waiting to get this on sale, this is gonna be good for a lot of people. A lot of people will be able to see this movie.
Speaker 3: Great flick. You know. I just picked up his follow up, The Passion of the Darkly Noon, because there was a little arrow Saale much of the same cast. Very interesting movie, very provocative and troubling movie. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: YEP, this is a good one. Then I have CE Films giving us a Blu Ray release of the Snowtown Murders from twenty eleven. Love the slip on this goes well with the film obviously. This has a brand new audio commentary with Simon Abram's new visual essay by Sam Degan doing a lot of work, new booklet with writing by Alexander Heller Nicholas, and then a bunch of archival stuff from the previous release. I know for a lot of people this got a one to one film's black label release. I believe in the UK this had a previous US Blu Ray, but there are some new special features, so if you don't have it yet, this looks like a really great way to pick this up. Snowtown is a pretty rough movie for many people, but I like it. I think it's pretty good and I think most people should watch it. Elitst once. Next is Swallowed from Yellow Veil. This is from twenty twenty two says follows two best friends on their final night together with a nightmare of drugs, bugs, and horrific intimacy. Yeah, that is the back of the slip cover. This has an introduction by the director, an interview with the director, interview with the actor Jose Cologne, interview with the actor Cooper Coke. We've got two old archival commentaries, lots coming on this. We've got a short film, another commentary on the short film with an essay by Elizabeth Purcell on this. And they made sure to let you know that in this book there's going to or sorry in this slip there's going to be a booklet with It's designed by Sister Hyde and has graphic sexual images. So Sister Hyde just coming all in on this one.
Speaker 3: A phrasing on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yellow Veil does pretty great stuff. I'm excited for this. Sister Hyde also one of the best artists for all these releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, been there.
Speaker 2: We are still on OCN and we started, like said hours ago, as Will alluded to earlier, Zombie Child from twenty nineteen getting a release. I've not been able to see this one. Tell us how you feel about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool. It's on on Amazon Prime and it was you know, a zombie allegory, you know, with Haitian characters, so obviously it brings in like the original cultural context of colonialism, capitalism, and you know, culturally specific religion. And yeah, I thought it was pretty good. I don't want to spoil any of it. I think it's worth watching, so I just say that, all right. It's audacious and cunning.
Speaker 2: It's got a commentary with the director on there as well, but that is it for the releases or for the extras. Connie is releasing this vinyl release of Strolling Planet seventy four. If you order this, they come in green, orange, yellow, and blue, but the color is selected at random when you order it, so keep an eye out on that. I'm not sure. I wasn't gonna call much attention to this, but I'm not sure if this was written by AI or something. The copy on this is wild. Go check out the page for this one.
Speaker 3: It's all written by now.
Speaker 2: Yay and finally from Ocean.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. You know what somebody's asking earlier about doing stand up Well, I'm sure it's already been done and stand up set.
Speaker 2: It probably has. Oh no, it definitely has. They did the George Carlin thing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's desecration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is probably the biggest, uh, like not most important, but one of the bigger announcements of ones that people have been clamoring for for quite some time. Mail You've seen a lot of people forget that that exists because they're not listed on the Vinegar Syndrome side anymore. They are putting out a four K release of Through the Looking At Through the Looking Glass from nineteen seventy six, not the Looking Ass.
Speaker 3: That too.
Speaker 2: I want to point out that this was wished for by Erica in like the second or third issue of the Physical Media Advocate, and here it is less than a year later. I think it was Erica that did it. This is getting a gorgeous looking release. These these crazy MILIU scene releases that go all out are I hope.
Speaker 3: So otherwise she's gonna like, what the hell are you talking about? Ryan?
Speaker 2: It was her or Troy Howard one of the time, yea, one of the two, like either completely Anyways, this is like one of the more important hardcore titles that people have been after. This is gonna be a two disc set, a four K disc and a Blu ray disc. A new commentary by Jonas Middleton moderated by Ashley west On. This We've got the original trailer, deleted scenes, alternate unfiltered hell sequence from this locations featurettes. Jonas Middleton's first feature, Cherry Blossom from nineteen seventy two, is on this as well, plus the original trailer for Cherry Blossom, an archival video interview with Jonas Middleton courtesy of The Realtor Report, and then an audio interview from the Realtal Report as well. These MILIU scene releases are pristine. They're always incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, at least at first. I gotta say, you know, a film's a film, so I'm not casting dispersions. But when it comes to locations, a location retrospective, that's really funny to me, Like, you know, yeah, we we fucked in this waffle house. Yeah, it used to be it used to be a different kind of it used to be like a bar or something.
Speaker 2: You know, we fucked in this waffle house has got to be one of the best quotes on the show ever.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you know, the location retrospective, that's really funny.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this before.
Speaker 3: It's it's like, you know how the Grand Gennole Theater is now a nunnery, you know what I mean like, you go, look, you do a retrospective location shoot from that, it's like, oh you see this Montessori preschool. I came all over it.
Speaker 2: Oh will.
Speaker 3: You're still going me and Amberlyn? You see that classroom where all those kids are. Okay, I'm sorry, that's funny.
Speaker 2: It's a t now funny, all right.
Speaker 3: I haven't But wow, the packaging, Yeah, holy cow.
Speaker 2: After all that, you say, wow.
Speaker 3: The packaging and either Erica or some dude really wanted to see the skip man.
Speaker 2: No, I'm pretty sure it was Erica, pretty sure. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well you literally had the quote tonight saying we fucked in a waffle ass and you're making fun of me.
Speaker 3: I'm not making fun of you.
Speaker 2: That's not what I heard. Next up, John Wick get its seventy third release something like that, Lionsgate doing this as part of the Titans of Cult collection in the US, which I don't think any of the Titans of Cult releases have come out in the US prior. You can pre order this on Amazon now, and I think Orbit had it up for pre order if I remember right. This is one of those steel book companies they put out like a couple of trinkets with every release comes in a plastic thing like a little holder. They all look the same. However, these things are like seventy dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a question. Sure, look, all power to John Wick, you know whatever, Titans of Cult, this movie made two hundred million dollars. That's not all right. Well, that's my point. It's not a cult movie. This is a huge mainstream hit Bill Simmons talks about it. If Bill Simmons talks about a movie, it's not a cult movie. It is a an extremely mainstream dude bro movie. And that's fine. No, no shade on Bill Simmons. I'm just saying this is not the Rocky Horror Picture show. This is John Wick. This is a multi billion dollar franchise. This is not a cult film.
Speaker 2: What is hilarious is all of the Titans of Cult releases are all major mainstream films.
Speaker 3: Right right right. It's like those people who are like, oh yeah, Star Wars is a cult film. No Star Wars fans form a cult not a cult film.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Godzilla minus one is getting a four K steel book release in the UK from All the Anime. This is coming on December second. This is the first time that they've said the discs are going to have English subtitles on the features. I believe that is listed specifically on this one. It's a three disc release. You can pick this up. This sold very quickly from a lot of places, but brother Bellile and the US still had it and you could still order it directly, but places like Amazon and Zabi and a couple others sold out literally like within an hour or two. Big, big dude.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it yet, and I'm sad about it. I should have wanted to sit in theaters.
Speaker 2: But I still haven't either. I need to.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand the title. I guess the movie will explain it, I hope so like I want to call it Godzill.
Speaker 2: Legends of the Fall from nineteen ninety four are getting a four K release on December third from Sony. This will have a four K restoration from the OCN with Dolby Vision on the disc, and that's a good thing from Sony, so they're not doing it on a steel book release to put Dolbiy Vision on in a year or something. The classic Brad Pitt film from ninety four. How do you feel about this? One?
Speaker 3: Will well this cover art just goes to show that AI will never be able to replace photoshop as an artistic medium.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with it?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Photoshop is grandiose. I can't say i've seen this one. I remember when it came out and I was like, I'm already pretty comfortable with who I am.
Speaker 2: That looks like Robo pit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people that love this movie. This one is not for me. I've always found this to be supremely boring. Going to the next.
Speaker 3: One, cover art looks like Anthony Hopkins is about to have a couple couple dudes over for dinner, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And yet it looks a hell of a lot better than this cover art. November nineteenth, you get a four K steel book, four K standard Blu ray and DVD of Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice, and this is their choice for the four K cover art.
Speaker 3: But if you say Beetlejuice one more time, it morphs into something more attractive Beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: It didn't work. This one will have an audio commentary by Tim Burton on there making a Beetle juice. Beetlejuice the ghosts with the most Beetlejuice returns, Meet the Deat's Handbook for the recently Deceased, a whole bunch of other featurettes. They're kind of putting a lot on here. Surprisingly, uh, the steel book looks decent. This cover art, though for the four K, is appalling. The Blu Ray cover art is just the one sheet and it looks a hell of a lot better than this. This looks bad.
Speaker 3: What that looks like.
Speaker 2: It's just the regular poster. It's it's like the float. It's it's kind of similar to the previous Beetlejuice poster.
Speaker 3: Actually okay, yeah, Seri.
Speaker 2: Says it looks like the miler the theater would have used to guide folks with the Crek auditorium.
Speaker 3: Oh man. Uh.
Speaker 2: Next one is another studio movie. Twister is getting its release on October twenty second. You can get the standard four K like this, or this four K Steel Book that was a Walmart exclusive, or the Blu Ray. This will have Dolby Vision and HDR on the disc will be at most lee Isaac Chung, the director, does a commentary on this with gag reel and deleted scenes. Some featurettes on this and this looks.
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Will no man, I'm I'm like, geez, I need to get to Walmart quick get that alternate that that alternate cover.
Speaker 2: The sad thing is the slip or the seal book has been sold out for months from Walmart.
Speaker 3: Wow. You know, I haven't seen the originals, so I don't feel I can watch the sequel.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen the original. Wow.
Speaker 3: We've we talked about this on the you were like shocked to the You had a violent reaction several months ago when I said I hadn't seen Twister, and I was like, why would I have seen Twister? I still don't understand what was shocking about it, but.
Speaker 2: I love what Simmoner is pointing out. They look all shocked and they're looking up the tornadoes behind them.
Speaker 3: On the It's it's like, I feel you feel like Jamie Jamie uh not gillis, the other Jamie Jamie from Scream you know where he's like Jimmy Kennedy, right, very different, Jamie less less pedigree.
Speaker 2: This is like the only show on YouTube where Jamie not Gillis is genuinely like an expected phrase and hilarious.
Speaker 3: And and it's hilarious. You came up with the right Jamie, you get it right, like like Jamie Jamie. Well, actually both of them would say look behind you for different reasons. Oh my god, Running Running points out that my attorney is in Twisters? Are you serious? Is she really.
Speaker 2: Straight in it too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is she a lot?
Speaker 2: No? Uh? Like less than ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I just watched news radio again then.
Speaker 2: Uh suonar saying is she disappearing into the wheat field? Oh my gosh, Oh no, she's just that thin. It's just the way that.
Speaker 3: She stands her ed is so pronounced that she has melted into the week.
Speaker 2: No, it's just not a great cover.
Speaker 3: Oh that was well Twisters.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey strange Darling. I mentioned we'd be talking about this one again. This is getting a Blu Ray release, Blu Ray and DVD from Magenta Light Studios. This is a brand new company putting this out, and the reason they're doing it they're the ones that produced the film, so it makes sense that they would be releasing this and this is coming in the US on November fifth. However, as you can see in my post here.
Speaker 3: Wait, did you write this or did the filmmakers write the what what You're about?
Speaker 2: To say the note, yeah, no, I wrote that.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: While you can pre order this, I you know this was shot on film and is a beautiful movie. Highly recommend you check out the four K that's coming out from Icon Film in the UK. You can pre order it from Amazon in UK or you can get it from Orbit, who has had it up for a while. It's like thirty thirty one dollars something like that great movie. I interviewed the director on the channel. I think this is one of my favorites of the year. It's a beautifully shot movie.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Man, you get everybody on here, it's crazy. It'd be funny though, if the director gets all the royalties from this edition and you're like sending everybody over to the UK release and he's like, no, man, no.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious, all right. I think he would understand. He loves physical media too.
Speaker 3: Helly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the loving physical media, I know Will's excited to talk about this. The Talk of the Town from nineteen forty two getting a four K from Sony. On December third, we have a new commentary with the author Marilyn and Moss on this Talk of the Town.
Speaker 3: Will Oh super fun movie. And another example I had, there's this Carrie g a box set with Holiday only Angels, have Wings, Talk of the Town, His Girl Friday, and the awful truth. Talk of the Town is the last one of that set to to make it to HD, and I'm glad it's going straight to four K. Super funny movie. What do you want to say? This is a one of the great screwball comedies. You know, if you if if you, if you like jokes about casual sexism, then this show and this movie are for you.
Speaker 2: I am rather surprised this is getting a four K making this leap. But Sony again.
Speaker 3: Stevens dude, that dude knew where to point a camera, of course.
Speaker 2: Not that it's not gonna look gorgeous, just like any other studio would not have done that for this time. Really again, like I know, it feels weird to heat praise on a studio, Sony is doing it right. A lot of their titles are I mean, look at what they just did recently with a random twenty one film collection or whatever they just did. They are doing what they can to preserve as much of this in the highest quality possible. I can't say anything bad about it.
Speaker 3: You know that Concrete Blonde song Joey probably where it's like Joey Baby, I've got your money. I do that with Sony that works out, and it's about this awful alcoholic who's been like abusing his wife and she's like, I still love you and I'm trying to support you, and I feel that way about the studios.
Speaker 2: Oh man, let's get into one of the most exciting announcements of the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: I mean, depending on who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Terror Vision was out at Beyond Fest as well. They just showed a brand new restoration of Melvin Goes to Dinner, the Bob Odenkirk film. They're gonna be releasing that on the Gray Faceline here in the next year or so. But the next film that they were unveiling this was a secret screening and it turned out to be Rumpel Stiltskin from nineteen ninety five. This is a film that has been on a lot of people's wish lists for like films that they were just dying to get on HD for cult horror fans, and this is making the leap all the way to four k. It is a brand new UHD. It's got a you know, full HDR color grade everything. This is gonna be right now. You can preorder this the forty five dollars version. We're gonna talk about two different bundles. This one is forty five and it's got a rigid box with art by Ghulish, Gary Pullan slip cover by Chloe Ryan Grayface's wife UHD and four K sorry four k UHD and blu ray disc of rumpel Stiltskin. A booklet with writing from all kinds of people. We've got from the writer, director Mark Jones, the composer Charles Bernstein, doctor Jack Zeip's professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota, Alexandre Heller, Nicholas, Erica Schultz from the chat Yasmina, Katita Graham Skipper myself, and an archival written interview with Mark Jones from John Campopiano from fangoria dot com.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. So stoked that you've got an essay in there. Let me gently push back. Slip cover by artist Chloe Mannon, who is married to Ryan Grave. Faith. Yes, great lineup of writers in the booklet and a perfectly bound booklet. You know, so many many boutique labels put out imperfectly bound booklets, and what excites me about this release is that the booklet is guaranteed to be perfectly bound.
Speaker 2: Silent Manaible says, this gives Leprechaun vibes? How similar? Is it? Funny enough? It's the same director. I personally think this is the better movie. I have always preferred this lightly to Leprechaun.
Speaker 3: Much richer backstory for sure.
Speaker 2: This will also have a CD of the rumpel stilts Can Score, an eleven x seventeen poster, and a four x six postcard. And that's not even starting to get onto the special features commentary with Mark Jones, Michael Prescott, a making of with a bunch of people associated with the film. We've got Remembering Rumpel. That's twenty seven minutes long, never before seen behind the scenes, raw home movie footage shot on VHS from the set. That's an hour and a half long. Baking with Casey Hansen, the homicidal Homemaker rumpel stiltskn Edition, a seventeen minute photo gallery, uh, and then a trailer and newly created subs and what was really cool this morning. If you've ever seen the movie, you know that his name is special to be able to access the pre order. You literally had a type in his name.
Speaker 3: Dude, I gotta say something about that. I have to say I thought it was so funny that terror Vision was like, you know how we can sell a bunch of units. Make it hard to get to the website cause that shit's case sensitive and everything. Like it took me three tries to get in, Like first I had the lowercase R, and then I spelled it l E by mistake, and then and like by the time I got in, I was like, God, I mean, I'm not buying this anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got lots of comments when I posted this, people saying that the website was down. There's probably something I could show in here. It's it's pretty hilarious.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a brilliant idea that just it's like one of those too smart for your own good ideas.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about the other bundle. This bundle is eighty dollars and it's got all the same things we just talked about, and then on top of that, it's got a Ride or Die bumper, sis bumper sticker, rumbel Stiltskin branded sunglasses, rumpy Baby bib Rumpel Stiltskin bookmark and a T shirt that says fucketh me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so everybody needs to weave your hair into gold so that you can purchase this bundle.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. Will We've been doing this for three and a half hours and we still have twelve announcements after this.
Speaker 3: Oh but it's all like the Sandpiper.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to talk about Sandpiper.
Speaker 3: Well, it'll be quick.
Speaker 2: Eh Uh. Well, Matthew says, eighty dollars. Better come with a five dollars set of enamel pins. This is a lot of shit for eighty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of shit. Hey, don't forget you get a bib. No, man, this is awesome. I love terr vision. Look at all this cool stuff. You know, who wouldn't want to walk into work one day with a fucking me shirt on?
Speaker 2: I wear stuff like that to my job. Silent Manual? Is there a standard version? Not yet, but there will be in in a in a few months for sure.
Speaker 3: You know, we've been talking about this for a long time. It's amazing that Rumpel Silpskin is getting this kind of release. So I'm super excited about it. I love the uh unorthodox release. So so take my jokes and the spirit that they're intended.
Speaker 2: Ronnie says, I love it when Will gets overtired and punchy and we are at that moment of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was like six o'clock. All right, I haven't been this tired of my life. Oh fuck yeah, dude, let's talk about this movie.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Sandpiper for a minute. So these are all going to be coming in December. We're gonna talk about the titles real quick, and then we're gonna talk about Sandpiper as a whole. First one, nineteen sixty six is cast a Giant Shadow with John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Kirk Douglas hit us with what you want to say there.
Speaker 3: Will Uh you already did it. Don't get Angie Dickenson. You'll brinner freaking Michael Douglas is in it. Kirk Scott a little boy in here. Oh uh look, this is great and it's and it's and it's uh important as well. I mean, this is a uh this is a film about and it makes connections between you know, the liberation of the concentration camps and the formation of Israel like this, you watch this movie, and you'll have like new perspectives on on what's happening now. Uh, not necessarily correct ones, but but you'll you'll understand a little bit why certain propagandistic ideas have have spread the way they have. This is this is an important film historically, not just because of the the pedigree of the actors, but because of the history that this is. This is uh mythologizing, Yeah, this is a this is a big time release in my opinion. And uh, it's almost appropriate that there's no commentary or special features, you know, because you know, given the given the context of today, it's the kind of mythology that needs to be interrogated, you know, by people individually.
Speaker 2: Well, and this did have a Quno release prior, which also had no special features. That Quno release has been out of print for quite some time, and that's that is the Sandpiper way of going about this. Most of the time they are just putting out stuff that is at a print on Blu ray. But we'll talk about that more in just a minute. Next one is Bakshi's Heavy Traffic from nineteen seven three. An underground cartoonist contends with life in the inner city, where various unsavory characters serve as an inspiration for his art.
Speaker 3: Another one that hasn't been released in any other context that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this came out on Blu Ray from Shout in twenty thirteen. But this has been going for like ninety dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so this is sweet, you know you know Bakshi. No, I have no comment. Interesting, would like to see, don't necessarily need to own. Oh I didn't know Bill Hayter was in this.
Speaker 2: The Land that Time Forgot from nineteen seventy four is the next one. This one has been talked about many, many, many many times.
Speaker 3: Bill Hayter is Alan Alan all the in the Land that Time Forgot. Geez, really interesting set got here.
Speaker 2: This is another one that had a Keno Blu ray that has been at a print and yeah, glad this is coming back out. Next up is Mulholland Falls from nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: With You're just trying to get through, aren't you? You're tired?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, there's not much to say about Sandpiper till the end when we shit on them.
Speaker 3: I have no reason to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk about it then Mulllllan Falls with Nicknlty's, Jennifer Connolly, Michael Madson, Chris Pantreat, Williams, John Malcolvich, Kyle Chandler.
Speaker 3: Again, good thing we're keeping AI away from cover design because look at this artistic triumph that is Mulholland Falls cover art. Photoshop h chef Kiss could not do better. Look at that. I look at this cover art and I think, Wow, what a movie this must be.
Speaker 2: This also at a Quino Blu ray that this is going for seventy dollars on Amazon right now.
Speaker 3: A bunch of dudes and hats. And look at that Lady oh Onto another incredible photoshop design. A good thing we're employing human artists.
Speaker 2: Wow, why did you do this one for us?
Speaker 3: Then Dead or Alive's new album The Pope of Greenwich Village.
Speaker 2: Anyways. This was also released by Shout Factory years ago. It's been out of print. This was on a double feature with Something I think. This one is from nineteen eighty four with Mickey Rourke, Daryl Hannah, Mment, Walls, Shelding Page and more like.
Speaker 3: This is what Retam thought they were getting when they signed Nirvana. Unfortunately it turned out to be a little different Mickey Rourke and the Pope. Hey, it's a decent movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, let's keep going because the art does not get better. River's Edge from nineteen eighty six. This one's slightly better, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean that's basically the post arc right, one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: With Crispin Glover, Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, Daniel Roebuck. Yeah, this one had a previous release, been out of print.
Speaker 3: Crispin Glover is so great in this movie. Like every line in this movie that Chrispin Glover says is quotable forever. My favorite being.
Speaker 2: Just that.
Speaker 3: I love River's Edge. Great movie.
Speaker 2: Two more from Sandpiper, and they are the ones that people were most up in arms about. First is sleep Away Camp two and of course the third one, sleep Away Camp three. These are all coming in December. So here's the deal. Sandpiper. They very clearly are people that used to work at all of films. From everything that we can find online, they are from the same part of the country. They use the same font, they use the same faded color palette. Everything about this is all of films. They had to change their name and business for some reason. But this is what all of Films has done, is they have morphed into Sandpiper. Now Sandpiper has no online presence. There's no social media, there's no website, there's no anything. They are just a company that sells on Amazon and is distributed. You can buy them at like Orbit, Atomic, Diabolic, everybody. They have no online presence. It is very, very weird. On top of that, they don't do anything for their discs. They don't license new extras, they don't do restorations, they do not do anything. They license a studio transfer and that is it. Now. The hard part. They don't seem to be on sale ever. Either. So when these come out, they're like twenty four, twenty three to twenty five somewhere around there, and they tend to stick around that price. You're not going to find them for much more than that. Orbit and Stuff might be able to sell it for a couple dollars cheaper based on their wholesale prices and whatnot, but they're not not going to be super cheap and you're getting a pretty lackluster product for these. Now, people have been clamoring to get sleep Away Camp two and three because they went out of print fairly early from Shout Factory. Keenan Lober had the license for a while and then these were titles that people were wanting to come back at in print Screen Factory didn't even try to get them back because they said that these sold slowly and now everybody wants them. Of course, there's no way these are getting a four K release in the US anytime soon. It would have to be after this contract is over. I could see somebody in the UK potentially doing it, but they would have to pay for the restorations themselves, and so I don't really see that happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost like all they care about is making sure people can get the movies. Yeah, what assholes?
Speaker 2: Yeah kind of wait. Sivener wants to point out this amazing joke. He says, so all of his cat disking us. It's a pretty good joke. Joel says, they pop up Hamilton Books from time to time. I've not seen that.
Speaker 3: Good to know, mm hmmm, a little little sand dunes at Hamilton Books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I would love to see these get better releases. Time will tell.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the restorations are or I mean obviously they're not doing restorations. But the transfer transfers are getting are the best available or what's supposed to do? Like, how do they look?
Speaker 2: I mean, these will probably look the same as the Shout discs that came out years ago I have. You won't have any of the special features from the.
Speaker 3: Show I have. I have several Sampiper Woody Allen movies and they look terrific and suck. But that's because of Woody Allen. Right, okay, okay, Well you know, if you don't have Sleep with Camp two or three, then there you go. Exactly.
Speaker 2: It's a good reason to have the movie. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 8: Both movies are fun, all right, we got some weird ones left, so let's go through these kind of quickly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Shouts, they are launching what they're calling the Physical Forever Club. It is basically a loyalty membership where if you sign up you get three percent cash back to get store credits. Not actually cash back. You have to buy stuff with them. Yeah, so out of every dollar you spend you get three pennies.
Speaker 3: That's me may be better off, right, And reviews for the Vinegar Syndrome.
Speaker 5: Website sense with a picture on top of that, they are saying that there's going to be exclusive member only discounts and offers on a special day during the year that they're calling Member Day.
Speaker 2: You can get early access to new product releases before everyone else, never run the risk of something being sold out. There's also this weird thing where if you go log into this wait.
Speaker 3: So you can get your one hundred and twenty five dollars copy of RoboCop two with a boath dor and some hard cards before like two days before everybody else.
Speaker 2: Possibly, Yeah, the odd thing if you sign in, it looks like they're going to maybe be doing paid tiers for this later.
Speaker 3: Oh, like a scream Factory Patreon.
Speaker 2: Sort of. But like similar was speculating with me, what if they start releasing these website exclusives that they've done and they only sell it to members or paid members, and so to get access to one of these you have to be you have to be paying them to be able to get it.
Speaker 3: That seems exploitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be. Not saying that's happening yet, just that it could be. We got a couple from Sam Hell. We've talked about these once or twice. First one is Green Hell. This is genuinely a rated X film. It's one of.
Speaker 3: Those that's the Republican's view of sustainable energy.
Speaker 2: You could pre order this now from the website. In the first seventy five orders get a signed copy in a free poster, and if you want to save on shipping, you can also pre order Love Dump.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I tried that once. Not not really my kink.
Speaker 2: This is again another adult only film. You can also get a poster for this and assigned copy if you pre order now. And then the last thing, Terror Vision. I missed this when this was up on the website. They're working with Paramount Scares to put out a VHS copy of Rumpelstiltskin as well. And yeah, like the Paramount Scares four K sets that have been coming out, this has the Paramount Scares logo all over this. They are working with Paramount specifically as part of that, uh, the whole brand that they're doing. Paramount spers over there.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that Terror Vision has this relationship with Paramount. I cannot wait for their bundle release of Frasier.
Speaker 2: You say that, and what if they're actually working on that wheel.
Speaker 3: Happen, dude, because you know what they'll do is like bundle with some actual eggs.
Speaker 2: I was about to say it.
Speaker 3: It's like you buy it with some salad and eggs, and of course shipping gets delayed and by the time it gets to you, it's just like a puddle. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Coming out next week, as we always do, a Quiet Place Day one, so we'll can finally see the third one, Maxine four K coming out to finalize that triple the kit that's been out so far. I walked with the Zombie and the Seventh Victim from Criterion Arcane Season one, Sleepy Hollow four K, Steel Book Devil from Screen Factory, Kinds of Kindness from Twentieth Century Fox, Egzuma four K from well Go USA, which I need to see. I've heard this is incredible. Friday n Atltes four K from Sony Robot Dreams another one that I destined can't speak. Definitely need to see Late Night with the Devil coming from r l JE Films, Las Vegas. The complete series filma getting released last week, which where Will and I were in La with Nathaniel Thompson. Supposedly the scene of her on the Little Rascal was filmed there where we were five Nights of Freddy's four K Steelbook, Convent four K from Synapse, Strangers four K Steel Book, Everybody Wats Harold in the Purple Crew right right in a Women's Prison from Rarero Video, Suicide Room from Altered Innocence, Facets of Love for Many eight films, and those Tribeca titles like The Roving Woman that we talked about. Any of these that you already got coming or already planning on getting there?
Speaker 3: Will Monsieur Vincent obviously I watched with The Zombie and Seventh Victim. Sleepy Hollow. I think is the last Tim Burton movie that I enjoyed. It's not the last, I mean, Sleephillow is not great, but it looks good, and I think i'd be interested in upgrading. I think that's about.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: I feel like, can you scroll down a little bit? Yeah, of course, I feel like there was something else in there that spurred the reaction action. Uh oh the Convent. Yeah, Killers and Convent I'd like to check out again. I've seen The Convent once on a DVD back in the like very beginning. It was like one of the first Netflix DVDs I ever saw, and so I would like to check that Out again, and I've never seen Killers, so I'm interested in that get Out and Us I already have, but I I don't have them four K. So it was funny. I was just talking about get Out today because I'm I'm teaching at n C A and T, which is which is the oldest historically black university in North Carolina, and so we were getting into I'm teaching a media history class that we're getting into the history of cinema, and I start out by asking people, you know, how do you watch movies? What kind of movies do you watch? What are your favorite movies? Of course get Out and so I I so, yeah, yeah. I remember seeing get On in the theater and being like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah because the demographic was similar to than to my classroom. And I got a pretty good laugh out of that from the from the students for that. So that's fun. Yeah. So those are some good, good releases coming out this week.
Speaker 2: Question from Barry is there order stacking with vinegar syndrome this month with a daily special? Sorry if you already talked about it. Vinegar syndrome has actually instituted order stacking to always be an effect every month, so you don't. You don't need to ask that anymore. If you order something on the first if your order isn't shipped yet, you can order and still get free shipping with it. So yes, you're good, all right? How do you feel about mister Toby Hooper? There will.
Speaker 3: Touche mister Simna. And that was actually the joke that was made. Some students mentioned that Toby Hooper. October eleventh is the fiftieth anniversary of the theatrical release release of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and so I hope that you all will pay attention to your socials because a very special, very special production on the celebrating the history of Texas Chainsaw Masacre and Toby Hooper's filmography will be coming out, including a new interview with Joe Bob Briggs. Some of you may have seen posted on the socials still from a new interview I did with Joe Bob Briggs remote he was broadcasting from the set of Bloody Summer Camp two.
Speaker 2: Which he was Fulssa.
Speaker 3: Rose and Darcy the Male Girl. He very kindly did the interview just before he was about to go to Vegas for the jamboree. Uh So, that's really cool. We have a interviews in the documentary from many of the contributors to American Twilight, The Cinema of Toby Hooper book, which I co edited with Christopher Wolter and which has just come out on paperback. So it's in part, like you know, remind of the book, and in part a celebration of Toby Hooper's legacy, and in part a new documentary that includes some thoughts and insights on Hooper's work that have not been broadcast before. So I hope you all check it out. It's going to be released on social media October the eleventh, and hopefully we'll find a long life. Is that is that good?
Speaker 2: That is good. I think that people are going to love this video and definitely need to check it out if you like anything surrounding Toby Hooper or I mean, right now, everybody's talking about Texas Chainsaw again because of the anniversary, and there's new documentaries and releases and all that fun stuff. If you're interested in any of that, you will find something to appreciate in this video, though a lot of work has gone into it.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, Rock Chudson is the editor on this video.
Speaker 2: And John Daily Rock Chudson, Well.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I didn't want to call him out. I didn't know if he wanted to be identified by his realmant. Rock Chudson is the editor on this documentary, John Daly, This guy super talented a way do you see it? I'm so impressed with his work, and you know, I forgot when you said, hey, what did you do? In September, me and John Daly I went to see a screening at the Alamo Draft House Raleigh of cock Fighter, and Kayla Denie was there given a introduction and so we got to say hello to her. Bill Ackerman was there, he was talking to somebody else, so I just I just wanted to said, hey, I'm will nice to meet you, and he's like, oh, okay, But I did get to shake his hand. But Calo Denise was so cool. It's nice to meet her in person. And we've got to see cock Fighter, which is Monty Helmet's best movie, no doubt. Yeah. So this this this new documentary feature about the legacy of Toby Hooper's career, The Legacy of Texas Chase Imasca, will be coming out at the end of next week and it's gonna be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of it's exciting. I'm really excited for people to see this video. It is really well done. Yeah, we got a question I'm going to ask before we call it a night polpising. I talked about delirium before being down to fifteen HN copies last time. I don't remember saying that, but I must have. But I can show you something. So when you are using Chrome and you are looking at the Vinegar Syndrome website, let me get it up on the channel here. You can write click and click down on view page source in Google Chrome. There's probably a way to do this in other browsers as well. It's just what I use. And when you click on view page source, this is what comes up. It looks like a bunch of code. And when you.
Speaker 3: The hell is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Hold on, watch there's a reason you see this come up. This is the page source coding. And if you hit control F to find and you type in inventory, it will give you a list like I'm showing that there's thirteen in here, and if you click through until you see the one that gets down to this. The inventory quantity is one thousand and thirty nine in stock.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it show you on the main page.
Speaker 2: Only if it gets below a thousand?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is how to see if it's above a thousand. Yes, you are such a nerd dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is definitely your You're looking to see how fast something is selling, or if you are trying to keep tabs on something that could sell out quickly, or what have you, and it doesn't show the inventory. And this does work on some other sites too. It's not just vinegar syndrome.
Speaker 3: So you you know how to work computers in a way that could take over the world, and this is what you do. You're like, I'm going to look behind the scenes to see how many copies of Delirium are left. It's an important thing. Well, it is a good movie. Yeah you want the slip, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is how you do it.
Speaker 3: It was funny. I got a text from a student, a former student who lives in Asheville, and she was like, I remember in your ethics class you showed the end of Escape from La where sat Pliskin turns off the electrical grid, and you use that to start a conversation about like, all right, what happens? And then she was like, and now I know, I was like, how many people have you eaten yellow jacket?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: On that note, thanks everybody for hanging out tonight. I know it was an extra long show. We had a whole lot of stuff to cover tonight. This has been fun and interesting and hilarious.
Speaker 3: Search for that. It didn't just immediately come to your lips. You're like, what should I say about this show? All right?
Speaker 2: Good point? Yeah, I Next Thursday night is speaking of vinegar syndrome the old mister Vincent on YouTube. Mister Aaron Pinn will be our esteemed guest next Thursday. Oh, all the way from Africa. I believe he's still in Morocco at the moment. Have not had him on in a long time, so eager to be able to hang out with him. We're gonna be talking about some horror stuff all month long on Reconnected. Interview going up next Monday and the following Monday and the Monday after that. We are back in it full time as much as we can be. Thank you everybody for hanging out all the time. Will thanks for being here for four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just hanging out in Morocco eight you know, no big deal.
Speaker 2: On that note, we'll see you next week, and if you're interested in hanging out like this twenty four to seven, check out the link for the Patreon in the description below. We'll see all next Thursday. Have a good one. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Tell me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 7: This is Chris Askell from They Live by Film. For those that don't know us, Adam Zach and I we built a podcast over the last two years that's a combination of film discussion from three very different perspectives, as well as industry interviews with the leaders in Boutique, Blu Ray, and four Kaid community. We started with dev Crocodile, but over time we've been lucky enough to speak with Aero Video, Severn, Mondo, Macabre, Vinegar Syndrome, Radiant Syndicator, most of the OCN partner labels. It's been a blast. You can find us wherever you podcast and also actually recently as part of someone's favorite production podcast network. We hope to see you online.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network, please select the link in the description