Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a really.
Speaker 1: Important but sad question to ask, how soon until Denver just completely falls apart? And the reason I phrase it that way is we're talking about this very important letter to the mayor of Denver, and whether or not you care about Denver, that the principle applies, right, It's just things fall apart under the left, some sooner, some take longer. But in Denver's case, how long until it all falls apart? Because these very prominent restaurant owners who sent this letter to the mayor, and you're going to want to hear certain parts of it. You know, this isn't a bunch of conservatives, you know, this is a bunch of restaurant owners in downtown Denver, part of the core of Denver, a critical part of the core of Denver. And those are their words, downtown is completely falling apart. And then, of course we're not darkness cursors. We're candlelighters. So what is the fix? So want to talk about that. We know what the fix is not, which is Denver Mayor Mike Johnston's twenty percent service charge to tackle restaurant woes.
Speaker 2: And who would be paying that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the customers. And yeah, that's going to get more people downtown.
Speaker 2: Right. So we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 1: But Ryan, what would you guess before we get into the meat of this story, pun intended?
Speaker 2: What would how many.
Speaker 1: Restaurants do you think have closed since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That's interesting you bring that up, Dan, because in debt right, I just brought this to the attention of Chris Fusela, who used to run Blake Street tavern right by Corsfield there. I loved going there after games, and it was real tragedy that he had to close down. A lot had to do with the COVID restrictions in the aftermath of the pandemic U and he just didn't want to go public with commentary on this. He's kind of laying low and he wants to keep it that way. That's what he told me. But in addition to that one, Dan, I got to believe it's in the.
Speaker 2: Dozens four and twenty five.
Speaker 5: That's four score and seven years ago.
Speaker 1: That is a city that's falling apart, and it's falling apart because of leftist rule.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: And i'd love and you're going to hear it in this story what one of the restaurant owners said. And again this isn't coming from the right, it's just right. And that is that that, Hey, this isn't a homeless problem, this is an addiction problem. And that's his quote. And it goes back to what I said long before we legalize marijuana. Listen, if you are going to now as the left, as as the left state widing in Denver, if you're now going to make Denver and Colorado the drug capital of the world, well you know what's coming, and it's going to be very, very ugly. And that is exactly what we have going on. So listen to this. I can't read the whole thing. Restaurant tours to cry a downtown that's quote completely falling apart.
Speaker 2: Downtown Denver.
Speaker 1: Restaurant tours say the area is completely falling apart quote unquote in an email letter sent to Mayor Mike Johnston, Jack's Fishouse, an oyster bar owner Dave Query, in a message co signed by others, it was actually fourteen others big timers ask how many more restaurants and small businesses need to close before your quota alarm is triggered. Quote you ran your entire campaign platform on restoring our downtown Denver business districts, said Query, founder of Big Red f Restaurant Group. Quote it has gotten worse since you took the position of mayor. Query cited unchecked fentanyl use enabled by soft policing legislation has reasons for a declining mile High food scene, which has lost twenty two percent of its restaurants since twenty twenty one. Thirteen other downtown operators co signed Query's letter, including then it goes into a long list of real big timers, including Troy Guard of tag Rush Group. And that's about as big as it gets. So it goes on to say, between the out of control minimum wage increases, over the top property tax hikes, and the complete loss and seeming care for our valuable and unique business districts, we are struggling for our lives to keep these restaurants alive. Query called downtown's traffic situation a quote catastrophic disaster, and then it goes on from there real quick.
Speaker 4: Addundant to that, Dan, I also reached out directly to Dave Query, who you were just quoting there by email all with free There you go with.
Speaker 5: An interview request to join the program. So I'll keep you updated on that as well.
Speaker 1: No, I'll look forward to that, because obviously this is nothing political. These are pillars of our community fighting for their economic survival. And what do you think happens when it reaches the tipping point? And all of that just starts to collapse?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And as they write in the letter you got in interviews, okay, the people used to go downtown to restaurants and everything else. Now they're spreading out to other areas. And then they give some grot epic examples and everybody can picture it of some of the horrific things you see downtown. And I love his point that it's not a homeless problem, it's an addiction problem. And that's what the left doesn't want to talk about, right, is they talk about the homeless. And now we've just been one hundred million of your taxpayer money to throw some homeless in a motel for a few weeks. But what they don't want to talk about is how they got there. And it's the left's addiction to legalized drugs, because the left knows that the more drug depopulation is, the more dependent it is on government, and the more it's going to vote left. So that's what's unfolding here. Denver, Colorado did something back in twenty twelve that that no other city, I may be in human history, but but no other city in modern times had done Colorado did in legalizing marijuana the way it did it. And you then make this state the drug capital of America and Denver very proudly leading the charge, what haven't they legalized?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And the latest was like mushrooms?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yea right to So yeah, so what do you think's going to happen?
Speaker 1: And that is what's happening because the drugs aren't going to stop with and even if they stopped with marijuana, it's more like Krakawana now due to the high potency, it's not going to stop there. You're going to get known for being a drug capital, a drug friendly capital, and that's who you're going to attract. And then good people here are going to get green lighted, and they're going to get into all that crap and then it just goes downhill the way it is. So, but Mayor Johnston is a fix. This is the Gazette, and boy, the Denver Gazette does great work. Denver Mayor Mike Johnston floats twenty percent service charge to tackle restaurant woes. Denver Mayor Mike Johnston wants to add a twenty percent service charge to local restaurant tabs and then tax it to help restaurants cope with the city's minimum wage and promote what he calls pay equity among tipped and non tipped employees. Well, that's the thing with the left, right, they're so determined to get equity and they're going to get it because everybody's going to be poor that that's the equity that they're going to get. And in a lot of ways that they probably don't mind, because what is the left? No, Ryan, They're not good at many things, but they're good at math, and they know that once people start making more than I think the current number is probably sixty five grand, then a majority are going to vote Republican. So the left has a vested interest in keeping lots of people from prospering. On Monday, Johnston told a Citycast Denver popular podcast that he has already been discussing the idea with restaurant owners. He didn't say whether they are on board. He also did not discuss if increasing people's dinner cost would decrease restaurant visits. Well, let's think about that for a second. You're going to increase their dinner costs by twenty percent, and then you're going to tax it on top of that. You know, I think that's going to cause a lot more people to want to go downtown to eat, right because I mean where else is, say, Ryan, say you go out to the Shooling Estate or you go out to Cherry Creek or somewhere like that to eat. You're not going to get to see naked people running around doing naked people's things outside the restaurant.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get.
Speaker 1: To see just like public urination and defecation and all that other stuff. So you're not going to go out to Cherry Creek or Northlands or anything else. You're heading right downtown to pay that extra twenty five percent.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense whatsoever, and it explains why in the Denveright article and seems like they like doing favors for Mayor Mike Johnson. I might add that he's backpedaling off of that and trying to put it on the businesses. They No, I just want to give them the option to do that, and you know, I'm just trying to help and empower them to make that decision and choice, which sounded a lot different than his initial salvo on the issue.
Speaker 1: But we see so much of this goofiness for him, and I pose this question not with any kind of negativity, just a very fair question. And it's it's kind of like during the campaign when I kept saying to people who said Joe Biden is Joe Bidenett, and I kept saying, obviously he's not going to be there, He's not going to be their candidate and election day and people looked at me like I was crazy. Is it fair right now to ask whether elected officials in cities and states that have legalized marijuana are using Is that a fair question, especially when they say goofy stuff like we're sending the cops out to fight the Feds at the border Tenneman Square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just get twenty percent more tax on restaurants? Is that a fair question?
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear from people three h three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. I don't know whether Mike Johnston uses THC or not. I truly don't, But is it a fair question when you're mayor of a city where it's legalized and glorified and you keep saying all this bat.
Speaker 2: Bat playing crazy stuff. You're on the Dankplas Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have that happen? Round?
Speaker 5: What happened? What do you talk to a song?
Speaker 2: And how did that song pop into your head?
Speaker 4: From the earlier story about the strippers getting ripped off by their employers allegedly, yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of a delayed reaction, but that's okay, better late than never. Yeah, we were talking about this story the auditor in Denver saying the strippers have been ripped off to the tune of fourteen million.
Speaker 2: The club's saying absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Audit are saying strippers have to pay to work there and that that ain't right. So we'll see how all of this unfolds for everyone to see. But at the moment, we're talking about this very prominent group of Denver restaurant tours. We're not talking about some conservative organization just saying it's falling apart, that Denver is falling apart around them, and we have some more quotes from that. But then we're also talking about Mike Johnston's brilliant idea for a fix, which is increase everybody's tax by twenty percent and then text that increase, you know, to help offset some of the revenue loss for the restaurants. And you have to wonder what school of economics did these lefties study yet, I mean, or is the idea that they're going to pass the law forcing people to go to these downtown Denver restaurants to eat under threat of criminal prosecution, kind of like you have to lie on medical forms now about whether somebody's a male or female, or you're going to get charged under this new bill. Texter says, then I'll get to a will in Evergreen, Dan. I think you just don't get it, because you cannot think as brilliantly as a liberal does. If they raise taxes and charges enough on everybody, they'll be bringing in huge amounts of revenue and then they can have that money to give back to everybody and we will all have wealth beyond measure. Yeah, now I think you nail that they're Texter, Dan. That just means when I go to eating Denver, I'm not going to bother leaving a tip. It will save me five percent. That's one of the saddest texts I've seen in a long time. I personally think is a guy who worked for tips as a caddy, as a bartender and everything else. That it's I really think, don't you Ryan. It's it's almost the very best money any of us can ever spend. Because the people were tipping, we know they're out there working hard. You know, well at least some of it goes directly to them, So I know that Texter is in jest.
Speaker 5: Kind of man.
Speaker 4: They one additional thing to that too, Dan, That made me think about this. If they're tacking on twenty percent, I have no say in it. You know, tip is earned and it's not automatically given, nor should it be in my view, because, like you, I have worked for tips and busting my rear in and I like when that's rewarded. But if somebody provides less than adequate service, then I think the consumers should have a right to either not tip or tip a lower amount as well. Now, in addition to that, I've had conversations with delivery drivers.
Speaker 5: I've even spoken to my own brother.
Speaker 4: Who works for Domino's Pizza Corporate and in Arbor, Michigan, they're slapping on these delivery fees like three four five dollars, And I tell the drivers that makes me less inclined to tip on top of that number, because what's going on here. I'm paying for it much.
Speaker 5: For the tip as I am for the pizza itself.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people just can't afford that.
Speaker 1: But I think what they sense, and I think they're right, is this major shift in society now where so many of us have been conditioned to paying these enormous fees to have food delivered because then it saves our time, right, And I think a lot of people are just making the calculation that that's worth it. This texture says, but eventually, right, that's going to stop because it's too expensive. You can't do that indefinitely. This texture says no sympathy for the Denver restaurant owners. They voted for it. I have zero sympathy, and it's been years since I've been downtown.
Speaker 2: I have a ton of sympathy for these Denver restaurant owners because I've never owned a restaurant.
Speaker 1: But anybody knows that industry, knows that you won't find harder working people anywhere, and there's such they're so critical just to enjoyment of any area, in this case downtown, And so I've got a lot of sympathy for them. And they deliver, right, And isn't this America right?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: If you're a restaurant, if you're a restaurant and you're not the only restaurant in town, you've got to be good and you've got to deliver. You got to keep delivering or you'll be out of business quickly.
Speaker 2: So I have a lot of respect for these folks, no matter what their politics are. They've been in a dog eat dog business. Hopefully not serving no. No, they've been in.
Speaker 1: This dog eat dog business and they have made it because they've delivered a good product year after year after year.
Speaker 2: But they can't help it. Listen to this quote.
Speaker 1: This is from the restaurant owner Jax, who led the charge and the other fourteen signed the letter. Restaurant owners talking about how when they started in nineteen ninety six. No one got stabbed on the sixteenth Street mall in nineteen ninety six. We were not cleaning human blank off our patios in front door vestibules every morning. We didn't have fentanyl zombies walking around scaring and threatening our guests and tourists.
Speaker 2: And that's the reality of Denver. And I got to tell you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Then the city responds, well, we're doing this five hundred and seventy million cash infusion downtown. That is wasted money until you get rid of the drug issue. You made Denver the drug capital of the world. Until you reverse that, you could spend five hundred and seventy billion, and you're not going to get people down there. And I've been talking about that for years, so they can keep deluting themselves. Denials not just a river in Egypt. Will and Evergreen. You're on the Dan Caplis show.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Good after, Mila Wan, How are you?
Speaker 2: I am living the dream? How about you?
Speaker 3: Likewise? My friend? Likewise listen. I want to thank both you and I and for the coverage of the Jefferson County school debacle. That is, and as a dad of three teenagers that are currently in the Jefferson County school System. Obviously got some concerns, But my question is kind of two part for you specific thanks so much. As you've got a superintendent that serves at the pleasure of and I think if that's an empty word, pleasure of the school board, and then you've got a school board that quite frankly is in the pocket of.
Speaker 2: The teachers' union.
Speaker 3: It creates a bit of a conundrum that what I'm calling and wanting to ask of you, sir, is you know what options do we have outside of recalling the school board of essentially holding you know, these officials accountable. You know the the unfortunate nature obviously, and you know the stories that have been coming out recently, and I've been following Mendsey Dato, who's done amazing work. Thank you for providing that is as a concerned parent, again, back to anything short of recalling the school board, is what can we do as parents to start holding these officials accountable? Because, as the cliche goes, the fish stands from the head to the tail, not the opposite. Yeah, and I just feel powerless as to what's going on right now. I don't know what options we have.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great question. And the good news is I think there's lots that parents can do. The bad news is it's a monstrous amount of work, but it can succeed. And I've got some specific things in mind. I'll get you right after this news break, very concrete things, step by step. But Lindsey Detco and her group have proven you can succeed out there, right. I mean, look what they accomplished when it came to the mask and that whole tragedy in Jeffco. What was being done to kids out there during COVID. They've succeeded on lots of different issues. But I think there is a roadmap here to success. It's just going to take a ton of work. And in the few seconds we have before this break or do we have left?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, in it, I'm remote, so I'm not hearing the outro music here, so I'll get into some of the specifics after the break. And by the way, we have we have the mother of.
Speaker 1: That fifteen year old girl who that teacher at Columbine went after and then others in the school helped to have her declared homeless so she could move in with the teacher.
Speaker 2: The mother will be in studio with us on Monday, so please be with us.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, step by step concrete what can be done to overcome?
Speaker 2: And Jeff go, you're on the Dan caps Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, kid, are we going to see who is on the flights? Are we going to see any evidence from what he recorded? Because he had all of his homes.
Speaker 5: Wired with recording devices.
Speaker 6: What you're going to see, hopefully tomorrow is a lot of flight logs, a lot of names at a lot of information. But it's pretty sick what that man did. Okay, well along with his co defendant.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and he had help, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Did Yeah, that's Jesse Waters with Pam Bondi And we expected a lot of Epstein file release today and there appeared to be just kind of a smattering distributed in kind of an awkward way. So Pam Bondi writes a letter to cash Betel's FBI demanding that the full files be turned over quickly. This is not a cash Ptel issue. This is apparently an issue with some other offices in the FBI. But he's in charge now, so I expect we'll get to the bottom of it. So on Epstein, listen. I think the key is the full truth has to be out there because one of the things, there are only very few things that can take America down right, and it can only be done from the inside. But if you have if people lose confidence in the justice system, believe there are two justice systems, one for the rich and powerful, the people on the left, and then the other for the rest of us. That's how a country can fall apart.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The election of Donald Trump for a second term was part of a pushback against this Banana Republic thing. So the full truth about Epstein has to be told. With two exceptions. You have got to be able to fully protect the victims. So you've got to go through those files and make sure you're not releasing any victim identities unless they want it out there. And then two, you've got to make sure that if there are innocent people whose names just pop up in some other context, that they're protected because that's just basic human decency, right. Anybody involved in this mass rape of children, well they've got to be fully exposed and fully prosecuted. So and all that needs to happen quickly, but it has to be done right. I don't think it makes a difference if it's in a week or if it's in a month, as long as it happens fully and it's done right. Three oh three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Hey. Just before the break it a great color guy named Will from Evergreen a.
Speaker 1: Jeffco's school parent, and he was calling to say, man, I feel helpless.
Speaker 2: I mean, what can we do as parents?
Speaker 1: And his take was, the school board is in the pocket of the teachers' unions and it's a it's one big and I'm paraphrasing loosely lefty kind of thing. What can parents do? And I understand the frustration because you know, obviously, you know, voting the wrong people out of office, the right people in all of that, But that takes a lot of time, and it can be really tough in some areas.
Speaker 2: Is but obviously got to try to do it.
Speaker 1: But short term, I would suggest that people do what Lindsay Detcow has done, and what some others have done, and what the brave mother of this child, this fifteen year old who was set upon by this female teacher over twenty thousand texts, and then the female teacher working with others at the school to have this child from a wonderful home declared.
Speaker 2: Homeless so she could be moved in with the teacher is sees on that issue.
Speaker 1: Do everything in your power within the system to put pressure on the school board, on the school district, on the DA's office to fully investigate and reveal their findings and to the extent no actions taken. Explain why why haven't there been any criminal charges brought? You know, why hasn't anybody been fired? I think you've got to keep the pressure on this issue because this is an issue that crosses party lines. Right, this isn't left or right, it's just right or wrong. And everybody can see how wrong this is. The principles admitted it was very wrong and that it haunts them. Well, then why is everybody still there? And for every one of these young ladies or men that we find out about, how many other victims are there we never find out about? So yeah, please seize on that issue. Do everything you can within the system to force full investigation and a full public report, and if there should be prosecutions, and I think most of us looking from the outside. Think, boy there really should be make sure they happen.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of accountability that I think can help break through, because this is an issue that is broken through. Hopefully Sean Boyd, who did a tremendous story on it at News for really great journalists, you know, hopefully Channel four stays on the story. Others pick it up. We'll have the mother.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned of this girl, and it was fifteen when this started. She was fifteen star students, star athlete, and it just got so bad that now the mother's just trying to get her back home. You know that this young lady ends up and I view the young lady my own constitutionally protected opinion. I view the young lady as a victim. You know, she ends up moving in with this teacher right after she graduates. The teacher moves out of state. If the mom just wants to get her baby home, and the mother of this girl will be with us in studio on Monday, I hope you join us then three three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. A couple of texts here. I have to disagree with Ryan, one, says Dan. The word is not restaurant tours. It's restaurant tours. That seems a little picky to me. Plus it's Chicago.
Speaker 4: Right in your accent really resembles mine in the Upper Midwest. But what I would say to that is, I think there are two different terms restaurant tour. Like you're saying, is somebody that runs a restaurant a restaurant, or would be somebody that frequents her dines.
Speaker 5: At a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I would think, right, no, it's not restaurant or even I.
Speaker 5: Know that well, is that what they're saying in the text?
Speaker 1: Yea, that it should be restaurant or not restaurant tour. And I'm not trying to be fancy saying restaurant tour.
Speaker 2: That's just the word.
Speaker 4: Kelly has right now. I'm not sure why Kelly gus she's getting really ornery.
Speaker 2: First of all, I worked in hospitality for almost nine years.
Speaker 5: It's restaurant tour.
Speaker 2: Right, it is exactly exactly correct, correct, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's one of my few regrets in life is that I've never worked as a waiter. I mean, I worked as a janitor, cleaning bathrooms and a chemical plant years as a cat he one of the greatest jobs on the planet. But I never worked as a waiter, and I really do want to do that.
Speaker 2: One of these days. So yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I might have to do it out of town. You know, it might shake the confidence of my client if all of a sudden I'm their waiter.
Speaker 2: It's center.
Speaker 5: You talked about driving uber and doing the same thing, all.
Speaker 2: The same thing. I really want to do that. I know you do some of that, right, I.
Speaker 4: Have in the past. Yeah, thankfully I haven't had two of late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and our son, our son Joe, has done some of that too. Still getting through law school, doing a heck of a job with it. Dan It Oh, here's a text I strongly disagree with. Seem like you are almost promoting those places, referring to the downtown Denver restaurants complaining about Mike Johnston. Maybe they should have been paid more, but I hope they are all shut down, the owners of the lowest of the low That that is the most bizarre text I think we've ever received, because you look at these downtown Denver restaurant owners and they're they're courageous, and they're coming out and they're speaking out, and they're saying it's completely falling apart down here. You're not talking about a bunch of conservatives or anything, but my goodness, I mean talk about a group of folks we should admire, right, And I assume that they're most are, if not all, our Democrats and this and that. I'm just saying, these are people who who succeed based on merit. Because if you have a restaurant in any kind of competitive place and you aren't real good, you aren't lasting. So year after year after year, they have competed, they provided this great service, they provided a lot of jobs. And let's face it, Ryan, a city of town whatever, you can lose a lot of different types of businesses and maybe keep going. You cannot lose your good restaurants, right, I mean, who's going to go there? So no, I admire the heck out of these people because they compete, they win, they prove it, they work hard, and they are pillars of the community no matter what their politics are. So the fact they're standing up and saying it's all falling apart, man, and I.
Speaker 5: Just don't understand the logic here, Dan, I mean, I go downtown.
Speaker 4: I was downtown last night to see Ari Shaffer the comedian comedy works downtown, and there's a couple of nice bars. I like, going downtown is a little bit more of a hassle, the parking, etc.
Speaker 5: The other kind of extracurriculars.
Speaker 4: Shall we say that you sometimes encounter that we talked about earlier in the program. But you're right, it needs to be an incentive to come downtown for those of us that live out in the burbs like you and me. I live in Greenwood Village, and you know, I got Ocean Prime right there, I got Del Frisco's right there, I got Shanahan's right there.
Speaker 5: You know, why not just go there? I do?
Speaker 1: And well, I think the big difference is you don't have the young people, right I mean.
Speaker 5: Where I am, or downtown, well.
Speaker 2: In the tech center, I mean downtown, you do.
Speaker 1: But listen, if I was you know, if I was still thirty or thirty five or whatever, I wouldn't be hanging out in the suburbs.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, I'd want to be downtown.
Speaker 1: I'd want to be downtown where people my own age and everything else.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is if you tack on the twenty percent crap, then people are going to be even less likely to go down town, not more likely.
Speaker 2: No, that that's right.
Speaker 1: And then there's another story that ties into it, maybe for tomorrow, which is, you know, Mayor Johnston still won't order the city workers back into their.
Speaker 2: Offices full time.
Speaker 1: So you've got this floundering inner city, this floundering downtown Denver and he won't even order the workers back in. But you know, here's an interesting text, and we got to pop this break.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 2: This is referring to the strippers Denver claiming they've been underpaid fourteen million DAN workers in other situations pay to work at a location, barber's, hairdressers and new salon workers, why not the strippers, and then making the allegation these places are front for sex trafficking, which which I have no evidence to support, but I am not making that claim. So that's interesting, is it is it wrong to charge strippers? And that's the allegation clubs haven't admitted it to pay to work there. You're on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcasts.
Speaker 7: Then being for that, we're going to need you voice there because with this and we're seeing that, you know, I see the what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, lord boy, what a bullet we dodged? Can you what do you think it would look like right now? If somehow, and it was never going to happen, but if somehow Harrison Walls had won, what do you think it would look like?
Speaker 5: Like Soviet Russia? A little bit?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, yeah, I mean, but but think about think about how looney you have to be to say what he just said?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean? But anyway eight.
Speaker 1: Five five zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. The good news for America is that most of the left, including in very high ranking positions like his, is just as looney, and a lot of them have done a better job of hiding it. But now they're starting to come out into the open right because they're getting pressured by the big money on the left to quote fight back, well, well, how by taking these twenty positions eighty twenty issues against you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the big money left is insisting on. And that's great because it's opening more eyes to just how goofy the left is.
Speaker 1: Now how long do you think it's going to take in Colorado? And it's a recurring team here, but it's going to be on the docket.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow as well. Is how long is it going to take.
Speaker 1: Till Republicans start winning big again in Colorado?
Speaker 2: If ever? And what would it take? And do you think we'll ever have.
Speaker 1: A Republican mayor of Denver because obviously Denver is failing and there are plenty of great people there, etc.
Speaker 2: But it's failing. I mean, these restaurant owners said it.
Speaker 1: Downtown's completely falling apart. Do you think we'll ever have a Republican mayor?
Speaker 5: Doubtful, but maybe a less bad Democrat one.
Speaker 4: I can name one in Detroit, Mike Duggan, who's done a really good job in Detroit and he's pondering a run as an independent for governor there. So maybe somebody along those lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you we will have a Republican meyrit. They just won't say the Republican there you go. Yeah, I bet you we will.
Speaker 2: We have to right eventually, because obviously it just keeps crumbling under the left, and so that's gonna have to happen. And I think something like these courageous restaurant owners speaking out is kind of a tipping point moment, because you know you're going to have people like that get together and they're going to seek out their own candidate, et cetera. And then you really will have somebody.
Speaker 1: Who's going to, you know, just not register as a Republican, but be that, be that in philosophy, be that in approach, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that day's coming state wide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll keep talking about that and speaking about you know, lefties are under pressure now to reveal how kooky they really are this business. Check it out at Dan Caplos on Twitter where you've got Hickey Looper.
Speaker 2: He's up in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Right, there's no buzz about this Senate race right now, but Hicckenlooper's up in Colorado in this cycle, and he's pushing a bill that would prevent ice from detaining illegal immigrants at polling places. Right, So I mean talk about exhibit A and if you don't believe me, you can actually see the bill at Dan Caplis at Twitter.
Speaker 2: So what do you think his campaign's going to look like? Okay, how old is John?
Speaker 1: Not unless he is a nice fella, he's nice to be around. But even when he was young, he was old I mean, how old is he now, and what is that campaign going to look.
Speaker 4: Like he turns seventy three on February seventh or nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Be very You think he'll get challenged, You think he'll get challenged by one of these younger Democrats because they've got to realize at this point they've been played for fools, right is you got all of this morally superior talk about Dei and everything else.
Speaker 2: From the left, and then look at Colorado.
Speaker 1: Three of the four top jobs are held by boring, old white guys, and then you got Jenna Riswald. So yeah, do you think anybody's going to take them on and say, wait a second, we're just being played for fool.
Speaker 4: If there is a primary challenge to John Hickenlooper, dan I guarantee it'll to come from his left. Politically, it will not be a moderate Democrat he claims.
Speaker 5: To be that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, And you know, I understand he gets away with that more than most of these Democrats anymore. But yeah, it'll be very interesting to see that, interesting to see it in the governor's race too. Have any I'm trying to remember any Democrats announced for governor.
Speaker 2: At this point, I think Bill Weiser, oh, Phil Wise, yeah right right, oh yeah, that's big water cooler talk.
Speaker 5: Right, How could you forget failed on the life?
Speaker 2: How could you possibly?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And just like Phil Wiser has forgotten the students of Colorado or being sexually abused by teachers, right, shouldn't that be like a five alarm fire? And most of the teachers are wonderful, it's no reflection on them, but we do have a crisis of sexual abuse of students in our schools. And Phil Weiser won't touch it. Polish won't touch it. Why because the teachers' unions are the sacred cow of the Democratic parties, so you can see where their priorities are.
Speaker 2: But yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Commonly assumed that if Joe no Goose wants it, he's going to be the Democrat nominee.
Speaker 5: He'd be tough. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's just the common assumption. So maybe everybody's just waiting to see what he does. Anyway, let's do tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Please don't forget that the courageous mom of that Columbine student she's trying to get back, will join us Monday in studio.
Speaker 2: We'll have a Fun Show tomorrow. Thank you Ryan, Thank you Kelly. Be safe tonight. Join us together please tomorrow on The Dan Kapla Show