Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome to this floor. Is Tuesday afternoon in the tri State. And guess what more zero degree temperatures. I guess more global warming is coming. And also later in the weekend might get up to forty degrees and that's wonderful forty degrees. Think about that with rain than snow, of course, But what's happening in California? To watch the media presentation of both, I must live in some alternative universe. If it's Al Roker this morning on the Today Show, or if it's watching Rachel Maddow that, thank god, she has five nights a week to make a fool of herself instead of only one. We have two ways of looking at the same set of facts. Liberals democrats say, you know what, global warming, global warming, global warming, climate change, climate change, and reasonable conservatives and I wait a minute, what about the underbrush? What about no water? What about the industrialization of California? What about those things? What about putting a large city in a grassland in a might you have some problems. On the other hand, we have Steve molloy of junk science dot Com. Junk Science dot Com written many books on the subject about climate change and more. And Steve malloy, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Steve, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Bill, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, Happy new to you and yours. And the fires in California are now almost out of control. At the city of Angels was built in a grassland in a desert, and it flowers and flourishes because of the industrialization of the West and things of that character. But talk to me about what you see about climate change, which means global warming is causing all these fires and not human activity of any type. Not the failures of Gavin Newsom. I kind of call him Nero Newsom, Nero Newsom him. And also Karen Bass. The first name is appropriate to her. She's a Karen Bass, and she promised never again to travel outside the country, having spent seventeen trips to Castro's Cuba Communism. When she is in Congress, she's traveling still all over the world. But is it man made climate change? Or is it? Or is it climate change? Is man activity? Give the American people a full report?
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say that every weekend I found an article from the Anaheim Californian Gazette from October thirty first, eighteen seventy five. Okay, so one hundred and fifty years ago. Gun And in that article they complained about out of control brush, flammable buildings, what they called a useless fire department, and the San Ana Wins. And the point of that is that this part of California has always faced all these things that we have today, except of course today it's much worse. We have many more flammable buildings, much more brush because nature is not allowed to you know, if we don't don't we don't do control burns anymore and burn the brush or manage the brush. So everything is worse today. So this is not a surprise. In Law Angels area, there's no global warming going on. Even at Los Angeles Airport, which should have urban heat out on effect, there's no warming going on.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Since eighteen ninety five, precipitation in California is basically flats, not not changed at all. So, you know, this is just what happens when you don't manage the brush, you get a spark, you know, a spark either by accident or arson, and then the sant Ana Wins come through and it's all gone up. It's got nothing to do with climate, It's got everything to do with bad government. In this case, the government not only did they not take care of the brush, not you know, not have an inadequate fire hydrant system. Imagine you've got a twenty million dollar house in California, you got a fire hydro downfront. It doesn't work, and you're thinking it does. Right.
Speaker 1: I don't want to laugh at this, I don't want to serious those people, well, no.
Speaker 4: But it matters.
Speaker 2: And so the government, you know, issued a lame warning almost two weeks ago, now that you know this wind event was going to come and that life threatening wins and fire could happen. Apparently no one paid attention. I mean Karen Basswood went off to Ghana, she didn't care. Gavin Newsom didn't do anything. You know, people went to bed Tuesday evening thinking everything was fine. They were woking at five o'clock in the morning and buy firefighters and get the hell out of here. So, yeah, this is a man made This is bad government, man made disasters. Democrats own this and now and now they want us taxpayers to be on the hook. This is the cost here could be two hundred and fifty to two hundred and seventy five billion dollars. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: A lot of the fires are ongoing as I speak, and let's say that to us yet, and we lawyers are looking many times like piranha when you have a fresh pig in the stream and they're circling. Lawsuits have already been filed. Some of the ignition sources, allegedly are fireworks, homeless itinerants from Mexico with blow torches and or lightning strikes and or electrical grid. They're suing every one in order to find a hand a pocket to put their hand into. This is jumping ahead a little bit, but this will be litigated for years to come. Whether it was fireworks, or whether it was legal immigrants with blowtorches, or whether it was some other factor. The lawyers are going to have a field day in California, which is very planet of orient in anyway. So before we get onto that issue, I want to talk about the lack of water. Can you address yourself to the fact that the dams. I watched a video of a Nero Newsome about four years ago complimenting himself by destroying three dams in order to provide better habitat for the shmelt fish to pond to spawn. I'm thinking, what the hell is spawning for a fish. I guess that's how you reproduce if you're a fish. But he's blowing up the dams allowing nature to return to California. But you have one hundred thousand houses out of the fuel. Actually the houses are the fuel for the firestorms, which is natural. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the dam destruction was on the Klamath River, which I'm not quite sure that would have all that much effect. But you're right about the water to save the Delta smell, which is this tiny two inch fish in the Sacramento River San Joaquin Valley basin there to save that fish, the environmentalists call them endangered. And because of that, one hundred billion gallons of water per year, and the billion is important. Trump has talked about, you know, millions of gallons of water being flushed into Pacific. It's one hundred billion gallons that are diverted from the San Joaquin Valley and southern California to save this fish, and that water gets dumped into the Pacific Ocean. So now, and that's only part of the water problem. I mean another part of the water problem is in you know, ten years ago California voters voted to have more reservoirs built. Gavin Newsom has built none of them. And then you come to the fire hydrants where you know, for this whole area, you know, thousands of acres, tens of thousands of acres that got three one million gallon tanks of water. It sounds like a lot, but it's not really. And of course they couldn't refial those tanks fast enough as they were pumping it out. So the whole thing was just ripe for disaster. And it's going back to the you know, if I'm in the Palisades and I've got a fire hydrant in front of my house, I'm thinking that's going to work. That's gonna save me. The government is telling me I'm safe if I having that fire hydrant there, But of course there's no water. You know, people relying on the government and to their detriment.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not spending money on irrigation, they're not spending money on water storage, they're not spending money on fire prevention. They're not spending money on forest management. They're not spending money on a viable insurance industry, but they're spending money ONDI. I watched the other night the woman who appears to be about thirty five year old, a person of color, female, out of the Stanford University Women's Studies department, and she's making seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. I can only imagine what her pension's going to look like. And she gave this speech at some conference, and what she said, my main mission is to diversify the water management and state of California and in the County of Los Angeles. Then we have to bring equity and inclusion to water resources. What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, you know California local officials are famously overpaid. Not surprised. Well, they've got de EI and the fire apartment, Fire department too. Yeah. In the fire department, they have all these projects to clean up the brush in the Palisades and that whole area where the fires are. None of them have been even started. I mean these were approved four years ago. Uh, they've made zero percent progress on any of them. I mean, you know, to focus in California for too long we have hit peaky at idiocy, are not paying the price for it. Focus in California for too long, it's just been politics not making things work. And you know these fires, we've had the warnings. I mean, we've had fires all over California and everyone knows it's because of land mismanagement, government lists. You know, all these fires start on public lands, and we'll start in private the lands are on public lands, and then they spread the private lands, and no one had done anything. Trump flew to California six years ago to lecture Gavenus and on you know, cleaning up the brush, cleaning up the forest. Did you listen.
Speaker 1: No, No, let's talk about electric vehicles, because no one is better on this topic than Steve Maloy. I live in the little city of Cincinnati, and there's going to be now by the way, the snowplows aren't working. Thirty percent are not being used because they put something called obstacles on the roads in Cincinnati, which happens in many other cities. They're called speed bumps because the mayor or liberal mayor doesn't want people pulled over for not having for speeding or driver's license violation or no insurance, so we got speed bumps everywhere, So that means that when the snowplows get to work, they're snapping off the plows in the front and thirty percent aren't working. So the solution, Steve Maloy, is electric snow plows. They're now debating whether there's spend millions and millions of dollars in buying a new fleet of electric snow plows Cincinnati, which, by the way, the electric the evs don't work real well when it's zero, but that's a different issue. Explain the idiocy. You know, there's this movie called Dumb and Dumber, one of my favorite movies. Just when I think you could not do anything more stupid, you do something like this and totally redeem yourself. City Council they want to have electric snowplows along with electric school buses. Explain the fantasy of that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how electric snowplows. How the blades for electric snowplows wouldn't break off over speed bumps, But well, of course, you know cold weather snow, that's the worst time to have an electric vehicle, right the battery will drain. It's just it's not worth it. As a matter of fact, I think the blades will be worse off because the batteries and those trucks are going to be heavier. Oh my god, it's just going to be disaster. And you know, I'm sure that the buses will cost twice as much. The snowplows probably cost twice as much too. It's just a waste of money. I mean, we have terrible government all around. I'm not quite sure who's to blame. The Conservatives that's wort of, you know, shut their eyes and kind of laugh about it and try to make it by or you know, the Democrats to just vote for this stuff because well it just sounds great.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a white, great white shark eating a tuna. Their eyes roll back on their head and they get all excited about electric vehicles and I saw this one. Maybe you know more about these hydrogen vehicles. There are many there's a thought by Toyota and many others that hydrogen vehicles is the future, and or these suitcase nuclear power plants that may be apple to put together, so by the time the country is electrified properly with evs, we'll move on to some other technology. Is the future hydrogen or is the future? Continue continuing to be for the next twenty years of oil and gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hydrogen is a disaster. They've tried it out in California. Even in California, they can't make it work. The future is oil and gas, There's no question about it. There's no comparable technology on the horizon. These you know, suitcase they're more like dumpster nuclear power plants you're talking about. It's probably good technology, but of course, I don't know how many communities are going to want one of those things built in their neighborhood. You know, the guys that the nuclear industry has been terrible about on public relations about radiation safety. So the public is terrified of these things. It's not going to happen. But you know, none of the stuff is meant to work built, right, I mean, the point of leftism is to basically roll a hand grenade into society and when you know, and then the survivors will ask the government to you know, control their lives and that, and so the government is in charge of everything, and that's the goal of all this.
Speaker 1: Who benefits Let's talk about colleges, talk about universities, talk about think tanks. Who benefits through the myth of man made global warming. Who benefits from this and who finds it? How much money is involved in this? I contend like DEI is an eight billion dollar a year industry. If anyone jumps out of line and don't believe in the principles of DEI or d ie run out of the pack, you've got to be You've got to be a lead animal following the pack. Who's benefiting from all this reproduction to ev and also mainly the idea of man make local warming causing climate. Who's benefiting?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean climate is a multi trillion dollar industry. And then there's already yeah, I mean, so you've got the wind industry, the solo industry, the evsh You've got to you know, appliance manufacturers that like to make more you know, efficient expensive appliances. You've got power industry. You know they prefer to build windmills and solar panels because the management makes more money that way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's so you've got this the money making agenda. All the you know institutions in the United States, all of them are on a climate agenda because they'll get grants from that, you know, multi trillion dollar industry. But you know, but the most insidious part of this is are the leftists who see climate as a means of controlling our lives. They want to tell us where to live, where to work, what to drive, just everything, a kind of toilet paper you can use, is right. And then you also have the Chinese, all right, communist Chinese, they want to you know, their goal is to be the belong global superpower by twenty forty nine, and they're subverting our country. You know that we have Chinese spies and influence agents all over the place. They're getting us hooked on Chinese products like easys and wind turbines and solar panels and electric transformers. We have outsourced our economy to China in a significant way. And you know, if China attacked US I DOT, there'd be anything we could do about it, because they could just shut down our economy.
Speaker 1: And that's not Steve malloy saying that, that's the FBI director Christopher Ray who says that the malware, millions of bits of malware all over our country can shut down the United States of America through malware and the hands of Chinese communists. Now, lastly, next week, when the Trump start sees his power on Monday and away we go. He's going to want to put strings attached to the bailout money for California, which you probably don't have. Number one, is that a good or is that a bad idea?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not for federal taxpayer out of bail out of California. I mean, California could change its own policies. You know, they could stop building with mill solar panels e V crap. They could make it a business friendly environment. They could start production of oil and gas in California. They can bring back the timber industry. They could pay for all this. Okay, this is the seventh largest economy to globe. Federal taxpayers should.
Speaker 3: Not be on the hook.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: But but that said, I mean to the extent federal taxpayers.
Speaker 4: If federal tax payers.
Speaker 2: Are going to be unhooked, and I think that Donald Trump, uh, California should go into a federal receivership and make McDonald trump governor until the state gets back on its seat.
Speaker 1: That'd be popular, That'd be real popular.
Speaker 2: And then and then you know, once the new government, you know, think of a reconstruction. Once the new government has established the same government, then California can be you know, admitted back into the Union and we go forward.
Speaker 1: What don't you think, Uh well, I take you like, well, what we got Canada, We've got Greenland, we got the Panama Canal in California. Let's bring California into the United States of America. Get rid of Nero Newsom, who, by the way, the Democrats claim he's the next president. Can you imagine Gavin Newsom is the president four years from now. He raises his right hand. We're gonna de industrialize the world. No more gas, no more oil. By the way, We're gonna put diapers on cowsand pigs, get rid of all of them. We're gonna be pastoral again. I'll be living in a cave somewhere in Iowa. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think his presidential hopes has gone up to smoke.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it at that. Very good, Steve molloy, you're the best there is. Check it out junk science dot com. Steve malloy, you're a great American. Thank you, very thank you. I'm not kidding about this. They claim that Gavin Newsom, one of the gargoyles from California, is going to control the entire nation's power grid. And if that happens, I'm gonna move to Madagascar and start maybe breeding kmodo dragons for a living in Madagascar. You'll find me there. It only gets worse. Trillions and trillions of dollars is invested, and so called the New Green Deal trillions of dollars, and these industries and the communist red shownnies are not going to give up easily. Let's continue with more Bill cunning into Grand American Live at your home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred wulw I Billy Cunning in the Great American. Coming up after one o'clock today is my good friend yours, Wayne Allen Root, to talk about what's happening in California what it means for the nation, Because, as you know, what happens in California today, what happened in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tomorrow, what arises in California will sweep across the nation and suddenly you're gonna have Californian policies right here in Cincinnati, which I hope, I pray is not the case. But nonetheless, when you listen to someone like Steve Malloy of junk science dot Com get into it and talk about the folly of liberal Democrats imposing their policies on the un States of America. You're all you're going to gotta do is shake your head. What Karen Bass and what Governor Newsom has done to California is a clinic on what not to do during during a crisis. A clinic don't do what they're doing. Number one. With Karen Bass, she was an extreme left wing Democrat in the Congress for like twenty or twenty five years. And what happened is that she's had at least seventeen trips to communist Cuba, and she worked in the fields alongside the Cuban revolutionaries in the nineteen seventies and eighties, and she loved fordel Castro, who brutalized and killed thousands of Cubans and destroyed the Cuban economy. You might recall one hundred years ago Cuba was prosperous and alive. Today it's communism. They can't keep the lights on, they have no jobs, they have no medical system. It's awful, it's terrible wrong. But Karen Bass found no problem with that. So, having spent twenty some years in the Congress as a representative from Los Angeles, she thought, three years ago, let's run for the mayorship in LA. I can stay home more. And because she was so bad and so horrible in the Congress, even LA Times reporters asked her if she was going to stay home. By that, she meant, are you going to stay in Los Angeles or keep traveling abroad? Because she want shall we say abroad? Dozens maybe as much as one hundred times in her years in the Congress, because she wanted to visit other parts of the world, especially Africa and South America. So she was on a committee which paid all of her expenses on your behalf. And suddenly she finds herself in Ghana and Africa and South Africa and Paraguay, Uruguay. She spent time in Iran, Iraq. She traveled the world getting more information so she could cast and form ballots in the Congress. So when she ran for mayor, even the LA media far left wingers asked her, are you going to stay home? New York Times did a story on this. I shared with you yesterday that she said, I'm not going to travel abroad at all. I'm not going to go out whatsoever. I'm going to stay home. I may go to Sacramento. Well, since that time, she's traveled numerous times on the taxpayer dime all over the world again, including most recently the Gana. So is this thing fired up? About ten days ago she issued an emergency declaration. The Santa and Nanna winds are coming and we have a very dry environment. You know, LA is built in a desert and fields of grass. That's where it's located. You heard Steve Malloy about a half an hour ago. Go back to one hundred and what one hundred and fifty years ago, to eighteen seventies, when newspapers in Los Angeles, a few that existed at the time, made remarks that once again it is brutally hot warm. It's brutally warm, and guess what. The winds are going to whip up the fire systems and we're going to have terrible problems. Get ready. Those are the days of gun smoke and Kitty and Matt Dillon. So this has been going on there since millennia, for a thousand years. You tend not to be old homes in a desert or in a grassland because of fires and things of that character, but they ignored that completely. And as to what not to do, a clinic on what not to do. You issue a declaration of an emergency, then you go on a plane and fly eighteen hours to Ghana, Ghana, somewhere in Africa, to celebrate the inauguration of a new female president in Ghana, and all she went. And then when all hell broke loose, she is sheepestly came back to the United States, took another eighteen to twenty hours to get back here, and then she took control, refusing to answer questions. It is a clinic as to what not to do. And in a larger sense, one of the California gargoyles is Gavin Newsom. This is unbelievable with this guy's pulled off and instead of planning for these events, which will happen every year in southern California, he did just the opposite. He made the fire situation worse, not better. Audiology dominated public policy instead of functionality. One of the things he could have done and should have done, was make sure that there's enough water to put out a fire. I cannot imagine firefighters showing up with all their equipment and hook up to fire hydrants, and there's no water because most of the reservoirs have been drained or not filled up properly. The most important one, which carries one hundred and twenty five million gallons to help rent with specifically, has been dry for about seventeen months and still not fixed. There are trillions and trillions of gallons of fresh water flowing into the Pacific Ocean every year because of a lack of retention system in California. The northern half of California gets a whole, much a lot more rain than the southern half of California. The ability to control that and to use it for mankind is available. Plus, it would keep the oceans from rising. One of the articles of faith among the left wing liberal radicals is that the oceans are rising. The oceans are rising. How about using the water in California so the oceans don't rise and engulfing large parts of California which will not come back for the next ten years, if they come back at all. It is unbelievable. Number One, it's irrigation and water storage that's the biggest problem. As you may know, about two years ago, I spent quite a bit of time in Israel. Israel is in a desert. It's awfully hot, and so when the Jews proliferated there and got their own state in nineteen forty eight, they develop a system of water retention, which is the envy of the world. There's about ten million persons living in Israel. There's about three million Muslim Arabs and about seven million Jews living in Israel. They never lack for water, despite the fact that they have little or no rainfall. That's about the same number of people that live in Los Angeles County. Could La County do as well as the Jews have done in Israel. Absolutely not. In fact, they work hard to make sure that there's not irrigation and not storage of water because it takes away from Mother Nature the ability of shmeltfish to spawn or the salmon to spawn, to return California back to his native roots in the eighteenth century. It's like de industrialization. It's not the use. You can't drove for oil or gas anywhere in California anymore. Job creation is generally at Wendy's in and out Burgers. It's a terrible place to be and the taxes are ridiculously high and continue to rise. So instead of having proper irrigation and proper water storage and proper fire prevention and forest management, the Democrats the Liberals, putting on a clinic on what not to do, did just the opposite. They did not preposition equipment. They did not have available the proper aircraft to dump fire retardant and also water when the fire was going to begin, and backing that up was less than a viable insurance industry. I know what the rates are in Florida for a condominium down there. They've doubled in the past five or six years. But Florida has a backstop, and Florida knows how to handle hurricanes and other catastrophes. It happens all the time in Florida. And guess what, whoever they go governor as Governor Scott or Disantus, they know what to do in Florida when this A hurricane may have a problem, but it's not caused by a lack of planning or prepositioning assets in place to handle those difficulties. So what's happening in California? I pray to God doesn't come to America anytime soon. And instead of accepting responsibilities for what they haven't done. The first thing they want to do is blame you, claiming you cause man made global warming causing climate change. Are you kidding me? The statistics in the facts are different, but the mainstream media will not report on the fact that hurricanes in the nineteen fifties and sixties were larger, more prevalent, and more frequent than they are today. There's been no rise in temperature for the past fifty years in the United States of America or elsewhere, no rise whatsoever. What happened is large numbers of people built near the ocean. In Florida, you want to get as close to the ocean as possible, and same thing in California, anticipating that somehow the government of Florida and North California would look after you when you have when things have to be done, you can't do by yourself. Florida has twice as many people now as the UH as the state state of New York, and it has half the budget to handle those particular circumstances. And there's no state income tax, there's no capital gains tax, there's no sales tax, none of that in the state. I'm sorry. There is a sales tax, no probate tax in the state of Florida. It's funded accurately, and it's funded correctly, so some of the elements, and we saw it today. I talked to Brian Combs this morning. City council was seriously considering to having EV trucks in EV snowhouse. And thank god Anna i'l bey, who is the newest member of council. She finished ninth and sadly beat. Liz Keating had a lucid moment when she said, now, wait a minute. I live in Madisonville and to get downtown that would be about a five mile trip on yesterday from Madisonville eight to one Plum Street. And I have an EV that was one hundred percent charged overnight. You can charge them overnight. She gets down there, puts in her work in city Council. I guess seven or eight hours later she leaves, and I went from one hundred percent of electrical storage and her batteries the thirty percent because of the weather and the coldness. And guess what, she hadn't taken the car away from the city hall. How does that work? When I put on Dale Donovan, he talks about the expenses of an ev and you know, if you drive one, it's a niche car that you use, perhaps as your second car to travel around the city in good weather, not bad. If it's real hot or real cold, EV's don't work very well at all. In addition to that, there's a fire factor. By that, I mean you've seen it that, whether it's a scooter or a car. The recommendation is, don't put it in your garage. If it's enclosed, do not take your vehicle and put it in the garage. And while the time these things are perfected in the next five to ten to fifteen years, there will be some other source of energy available, maybe hydrogen, maybe something else. The best thing we should have done and could have done, was go to hybrid vehicles, highbred vehicles. I have a highbred vehicle in which the electricity is produced by putting pumping the brakes in by the tires that are turning, and it fills up the batteries with the charge and you get double the amount of gas mileage you get because it's a hybrid. But see that's not enough money. Government will fund issues that produce lots of employees and lots of money funded by government and an industry builds up around it. There's a multi trillion dollar Green New Deal industry built up around the world, a multi trillion dollar industry in which people are invested in transferring from oil and gas to battery power technologies because they're in the business of keeping themselves in business. So if you're part of the ev shall we say industry, the first thing you want to do is make sure you have more mandates government to have electric vehicles. Thing with a DEI or shall say DEE Diversity, Equity and inclusion. In America, it is estimated at a minimum cost that dei's expenses per year in this country are about eight to ten billion dollars a year and hiring numerous individuals whose goal it is in companies or government to have DEI principles implemented upon you, the American people. So if you're in a business or industry that is an eight billion dollar expense, the last thing you want to do is take away DEI or d DIE and come up with some other means or method to spread equally the employment sector based upon race and sexual orientation. You're going to fight like a warrior pode to keep your job. One of the most ridiculous things I saw was the woman she appeared to be about thirty five to forty years old, from Stanford Women's Studies Department, who's now the person in charge of water retention in southern California. She makes about seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars per year. I can only imagine her pench what that must look like per year. And she gave numerous speeches when she was employed as such about three years ago. Who said, you know, her number one job ought to be the retention of water, building reservoirs, making sure the lakes are filled up to make it easier for these planes to swoop low and pick them up, et cetera. That's what she ought to be concerned with, is water retention. But no, she said, my number one job is to implement Dei principles throughout the water system and the state of California. Now what does that mean? When I was stuck on a roof many years ago, I couldn't cared less what the gender, race, or color was the person who gave me and saved me from my roof. I wanted a person irrespective of color or sex to come to my roof and get me off the roof. That's what I wanted. I don't care about a person coming to my roof that looks like me. They could look like King Kong. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit. I need services. And so she said that my number one job as the water director in southern California is to implement DEI principles. So mainly women, but also men come out of these extra liberal left wing organizations called colleges and universities, and the first thing they want to do is implement the theories and policies taught to them. You know what, It's like garbage in, garbage out. So the garbage went into her mind and garbage came out. Same thing with Vin Newsom, same thing with Karen Bass. Garbage in, garbage out. And ultimately, I've heard many say and talk radio, maybe you've thought the same thing. What's their problem? Let them solve it. I'm going to have on tomorrow or the next a US Senator and a Congressman that are going to have strings attached to money to bail out California. Again, they must agree to do certain things to get the money. Now, some would say that's cruel and crass. That's wrong. You shouldn't do that. But you have to have water retention systems. You have to have a fully functional fire department, which they don't have in Los Angeles or in the state of California. Newsom but state spending for the fire departments by one hundred million dollars over four years, and Karen Bass cut it by seventeen million dollars in one year. You need it in that climate. You need a professional firefighting force that are well paid, functional and ready to go to moment's notice. If some other firework goes off in a dry area of California, or an a Llego alien from Mexico walks around with a blow torch setting things on fire, that quickly that person is apprehendive. But secondly, the planes, the trucks are ready to go. There's a professional firefighting force, not haphazardly letting prisoners become firefighters. That's ridiculous. But California did none of that because it didn't fit their idea. To decolonize, shall we say de industrialize, Send California back to the eighteenth century the way it was in the good old days. In a Los Angeles county has about The same number of people in Los Angeles County is live in the state of Ohio, which is about ten or eleven million, and the good citizens there pay high taxes, confiscatory taxes in order to have a functioning city government. The first prior priority of government are the highways, the bridges, the police, and the fire and schools, none of which are successful in California, and none of which you're successful, by the way, in the city of Cincinnati. If we had a real crisis here, do you have the good thoughts that Mayor f tab Pureval and city managers share along in the City of Cincinnati could handle any real crisis, of course not. They're from the same group, the same Mayor Fry in Minneapolis that stood down and watched rioters and looters tear down a thousand private businesses and set on fire a police station in Minneapolis during the George Floyd Riots. The Democratic Party and Liberals have destroyed magnificent American cities, and I'm watching in La more of the same. Let's continue with more coming up later will be Wayne L. Root and also Grover Norquist, Americans for tax Reforming more and things are a bit cold tonight and tomorrow. But guess what this weekend schedule on Saturday, maybe to get up to forty degrees, maybe with a little bit of rain, which we need badly. The street chow we sage still are in terrible condition, and the sidewalks cannot be walked on. By the way, the city of Cincinnati has a law that you must clear your sidewalk on your property, which means if the sidewalk is not clear in front of your house or business, you can get a citation and pay a fine of up to one hundred dollars. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. If we're prepared for these things, things go smoothly. If you're a liberal Democrat not caring about the functioning government, caring more about DEI and climate extremism and homelessness and drug use and getting rid of employees who won't take the vaccines, and you care about open borders and the Ukraine, you care about making it a sanctuary city and a sanctuary state. What you get is the results of what's occurring this afternoon in Los Angeles. We do not want it here, but I fear we have it at least in the city. Let's continue with more twelve fifty six. Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live at Truma, the Reds and so much more. News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, The Great America and the Great win out of the Route. Spent many years living in California. Wrote a column about this. He left Malibu, California about twenty three years ago as a big story up at a route for america dot Com. Wildfire alone didn't destroy La. How the dumb radical left six favorite obsessions made the fire unstoppable and joan you and I now is the great way line route and first of all win. I note that two or three days ago even the New York Times wrote a story about her, Karen Bass, and the headline is before taking office, LA's mayor said she would not go abroad, and the reason was when she was in Congress. That's all she did was go abroad on the nation's a dime, especially to Cuba and to Africa. But no tll us. What destroyed, what has destroyed La continues to be so went on route? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Well, look at it's you know, the chickens are coming home to roost. I've said for years now, it's not la it's the whole country under Joe Biden, or I should say puppet Joe Biden, probably really under Barack Obama, who I think has been the clear leader of the country who gives the orders. But I've said for years it's two things. Number One, we're spending all of our money on illegal aliens, and it will come home to roost because there's no money left for anything or anyone else. No money left for seniors, nobody left for veterans, nobody left for cops or firemen, no money left for the military. Every dime is going it seems to illegal aliens. It's insanity. And number two, I said, the whole country has been destroyed by DEI you know, not gonna have anything against you. If you're black, if you're Latino, if you're brown, if you're gay, if you're lesbian, of your if you're transgender, great. But if you are that, and you have a great resume and great experience and great talent, then you should get the job. But if you don't have that, you can't give someone a job or give them a promotion to run a major agency just because they're black, or transgender, or Latino or lesbian, and the whole country has been ruined by this insanity, not just giving jobs, but giving you know, college entrance because of the color of your skin or the fact that you're gay. Well, that's the whole LA.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: The other day one of my buddies was watching the press conference in LA and he said, Wayne, they're like twelve people on the stage and eleven of them are gay, mostly lesbian. He said, this is insanity. This is all you've got to run Los Angeles and not one of them knows how to put a fire out. You know, it's insanity. So you know it's LA, but it's the whole country. And so I tell the story that I spent a lot of my time in the summers. I think you know this bill in Park City, Utah. I love Parks City of Utah in the summer's and about two I think it was two summers ago. It could have been three, but it was recently. And I was sitting there having something to eat at a restaurant, and suddenly the word got out that a massive fire was in the forest. You know, you know, it's surrounded on all four sides by trees as far as you could see. You know, the forests on the on the forests and woods on the mountains, and everybody was scared. They all went running home. The place emptied out because everyone was told get home, pack your suitcase, get all your biggest belongings, your most important papers, and you know, protect your pets. This is the big one. It could burn the whole town down. We've been dreading this for decades. When's the big one gonna come? It was that bad of a fire. Well, the moral to the story is about three or four hours later, it was like, all clear, we put it out. We hit it with the helicopters with water drops and planes with water drops, and the fire was out. And that one house in Park City burned. They caught it before it got to the city. And I said it. I went on the radio and TV about three or four days later. I got back to my vacation and I said, when I just witnessed, could never happen in California, because they've spent all their money on illegals, and they have no money left for firemen. They have no money left for fire training, for wildfire preparedness. That DEI they've got the wrong people in charge. And of course let's add in the other big one in California, environmental extremism. They don't clear the brush, and they don't do what needs to be done, like build new reservoirs. Not one new one since nineteen seventy nine. No, many people have moved into California since nineteen seventy nine without any new extra water. And every year they have massive rainstorms and flooding, and yet there's no water because they let it all run into the ocean. And this time there was an empty reservoir in Pacific Palisades and the story was it was empty for like two weeks and it was just bad luck. Well, last night I'm having dinner bill in Las Vegas with two friends of mine who lived part time in Vegas, part time in Pack Palisades, and they told me that their daughter went hiking a year ago at the top of this hill where you could see into that reservoir, and they said, one year ago it was empty. And today the article just came out. It hasn't been empty for two weeks. It's been empty for a year. There's been no water in the main reservoir to put the fires out for a year. So you know, in the hydrants, the water pressure is no good because if you spend all your money in illegals, then you're not spending money to fix and upgrade your infrastructure. The pipes need to be fixed, the hydrants need to be fixed, reservoirs need to be built. This is insanity. And now you see the result of putting the wrong people in charge, having the wrong ideas about environmental extremism, and most importantly, I guess spending all your money on illegals, and you could even throw in a little something else. I saw today that almost all the highest paid public servants in Los Angeles our fire captains, making seven hundred thousand years. What if you instead of paying them seven hundred grand a year, what if instead you hired more firemen at fifty thousand year and you got twenty extra firemen, So freget They also fired hundreds of firemen in California in LA for not taking the COVID vaccine. Now, how many houses could you have saved with an extra three four hundred firemen that you fired because ooh, they got cooties they didn't take the COVID vaccine. These people are crazy, they're mentally ill, and they've just destroyed a wonderful city. I mean, I loved LA When I got there, I thought it was the greatest place to live, you know. In nineteen eighty nine, when I got there, I just thought I found in heaven. And then I raced away from it because I thought the liberal crazies have ruined it. And that was twenty three years ago. It's only gotten worse.
Speaker 1: Hen away La rude. I had last week on some executives, some of those in the know from New Orleans, and they have a similar mayor named LaToya Cantrell who's completely incompetent. The chief of police there looks like she's an actress from Beverly Hillbillies. And over the years we've dealt with the idiocy of j Can Fry, the mayor of Minneapolis. He was the guy that rolled over and played dead and let them burn down police precincts in Minneapolis. He's a white guy. Karen Bass of course. Mike Johnston of Denver, the mayor there. He's a left ing radical extremist. He also is handing out money hanover fist to homeless and et cetera. Mayor Brandon Johnson in Chicago is a complete joke. And Kamala Harris herself is a perfect example of d I now. Richard Grenell worked for years for Donald Trump. He was an ambassador acting director of d and I no problem, brilliant Justice Judge Janis Rogers, brilliant Congoleeza Rice Brouh is not about race. What's about his cor that's king.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you're great, but if you're black and.
Speaker 3: Dumb or white and dumb, I don't want you running my city or my fire department. If you're lesbian and dumb, I don't want you running my fire department. And it turns out the lesbian fire chief first one in the history of LA who hired a lesbian black Number two spa chief whose entire goal of life is DEI literally said, we're getting rid of all the old white guys who are racist. And these people are not smart their entire life. They got jobs because they're black, because they're women. Nobody ever bothered to check their credentials. I'm sure there was someone who was black or white or yay or straight who had better credentials, but they hired them because the color of their skin, their race, their their creed, you know, their sexual orientation. It's insanity. And I'll tell you one more thing. I didn't mention that that, of course this Mayor Karen Bass cut seventeen million for the fire department budget, and then a week before this ever happened, she also asked for another forty plus million dollar cut. I think it was forty nine million she wanted to cut just a week before this happened. If you give all your money away to illegals, this is what happens. You have no money left for what you need to do, which is train. You know, because I was in LA so many years, I know what happens in California in general, at LA and specific Bill. There's three things that plague LA since the beginning of time. Wildfires and then immediately after the wildfire, terrible mud slides, and then earthquakes. And you've got to prepare for them. And no one has spent a dime on any of that because they're too busy coddling illegals and giving illegals everything they want, from free college to public school, free to welfare, to free healthcare. It's a free housing allowance. It's insanity.
Speaker 1: Well, you add homelessness, drug use in public massive smash and grab robberies. The LA public school system is a complete meltdown. I read a report from LA Times at seventy five percent of the black boys and the LA school system are chronically absent from schools. They fund the police. There are two thousand cops short. They're seven hundred firefighters short. They have transgender houses erected for those who are homeless. They have dei upwards and downwards. So one of the assistant chiefs said, why don't you hire some more men who can carry people out of buildings, possibly one hundred and fifty pounds down a ladder. And she said, well, that person shouldn't have put themselves there in the first place. We don't do that, right, And that's that statement.
Speaker 3: I saw that. Yeah, that statement should put her fired a be banned from ever holding any sort of role in any fire department in the United States ever. Again, she said, you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you need rescuing by a female, firefighters can't carry you out. I mean, that's so disgusting and disgraceful, it's beyond belief. Don't forget another couple issues. My buddies live in LA lots of them still, someone go back and forth to Vegas and they're making the transition and they're hoping to get out of LA full time. But in the meantime they've got a house in both places. And they tell me that if you watch city council meetings in La bill eighty percent of the time of the city council spent on only two issues, illegals and homeless. This and the homeless.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all they think about twenty four hours a day when they should be thinking about real productive citizens, taxpayers. And how do you prepare for the next firestorm, the next mud slide, and the next earthquake? And by the way, it's coming, you know, is I guarantee you by April there will be massive rains in LA and there will be massive mud slides in all the areas that just suffered this horrendous you know firestorm. These are all predictable things. They happen every year. And how about throw in one more Democrats coddle terrorists and terrorism. How do you know these fires are natural? How do you know they're not started by terrorists? This could be a way to destroy our country. I don't know about the first one. The very first spark of the first fire impact Palisades. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It may have been a down line.
Speaker 3: But since then there have been fires all over the city, and they've caught people with blow torches in their hands. They've caught illegal alien gangs robbing homes, including Kamala Harris's mansion and would and so a lot of this may be intentional arson to create havoc and crisis and maybe distract them while they rob people's houses. Or maybe it's Islamic extremists looking destrare country, or Chinese military age males which we've let in by the one hundreds of thousands through the open border, who may be under order some China to create crisis throughout our country, so we don't pay attention to China attacking Taiwan, which I believe is going to happen very soon. Well.
Speaker 1: In addition to that, the Sacramento General Assembly Sacramento was convened the last few days talking about how to combat Donald Trump. And already I see as senators are saying it's Donald Trump's fault. What's happening Despite the fact that California is blue as blue can be, They're gonna blame Donald Trump on anything. But a reporter pushed back and said, is that the right time to deal with Donald Trump? When the city of La, the city of Angels is on fire and the Speaker of the House in Sacramento couldn't answer the question because he was stimied by an objective reporter that I asked a question, and I thought, what, Wayne Allen, is their hope because I've read some say what we need to take over? Who's weed taken over California?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is federal control?
Speaker 3: Why? Why? Here's another issue, Here's another issue that everyone has to think about. So let's just assume this is all by mistake. Let's assume this was not purposeful. It's not the intentional destruction of the United States. Let's assume it's not another MAUI. Let's assume it's not another western North Carolina mountains where they just let everybody die, they let everybody freeze the death intents in the middle of the winter. Seema doesn't help. If you've got a Trump flag in front of your house, they won't help you. Let's assume none of this is intentional, and a fire is natural made, not man made. Well, wait till the La homeowners find out that Number one, it takes five to ten years to get approval from the Coastal Commission to rebuild your home. So a lot of people who are in pact palaceades are sixty and over, seventy and over, they're gonna be dead before they ever get back at a home in their community. Number Two, you may never get approval from the crazy environmentalists of the California Coastal Commission. Number Three, if your home was worth three million dollars, which the average home at pack dollar SiGe was based on the insane strict requirements of the California Coastal Commission, to rebuild that three million dollar house is going to cost you maybe five or six or seven million dollars. No one's gonna have the money to rebuild unless you're super rich. And where will you find a contractor to rebuild these thousands of homes instead of burnt out? So who's gonna get the contractor whoever offers the most ridiculous money, which means again the rich are good and the poor. Forget the poor, but the middle class and upper middle class are screwed over and the world is running just for the super rich.
Speaker 2: In La.
Speaker 3: Where will you find fire insurance? Ever, again, they couldn't even get it before the fire. Wait till after the fire, there will be none available unless you want to spend two hundred and fifty thousand year to your house, which means only the rich will be able to afford to live there. And last for not least, how about your property taxes. Let's just say under proper listen. Prop thirteen in California holds your taxes the same as long as you live in the house. So if you lived in the house forty years, it might only be one thousand dollars a year. But the minute you rebuild the house or sell it. But if you rebuild it, it resets as if you have a new house. So now your taxes go from one thousand year to fifty thousand a year. So everybody who isn't super itch and everybody who is over the age of sixty is going to find out they are locked out of the market. They will never be able to have that house again, they will never live in that neighbood again, and they're gonna have to go find a smaller house in a smaller daghybood or leave the state of California. Everybody's life has changed dramatically.
Speaker 1: Including the tax base. I can't imagine. Of course they'll come up. They'll just run more budget deficits. Right now in Sacramento, it's about fifty billion dollars a year as far as the eye can see, with bunche of deficits, borrowing in the future to pay off president bills, but wipe out large parts of Los Angeles, which is one of the functional parts paying taxes. In that case, Sacramento won't have the money. And it's all about it's all about DEEI. It's by getting someone in the right race, the right gender, the right sexual orientation to do a job and set up by merit, by hiring the best person available. They don't do that, And why take over a state completely dysfunctional, is completely destroyed if the residents, the citizens, the voters themselves won't fundamentally change back to the days of Ronald Reagan that had a functional California Republic. At this point, let's face it, Wayne, California's done done. Chicago done. I look at all the major cities done. New York, New York is done, you know, done?
Speaker 3: Well, they're also look anyone who's got a Democrat running a show? Done, Democrats in the town council. You're done. It's over. Thank god we have Trump running the country. But you can't change the future of an La or a San Francisco, or New York or Chicago. Those cities are not going to be for any normal work people ever again. And by the way, if you're a taxpayer and you pay into the system, you've got to be crazy to stay in a high tax state like California. You know, I moved from California, where the highest tax right now is fourteen point four percent. But if you make even eighty thousand a year, like most firemen do, as an example, you're gonna you're paying nine point I think it's nine point three percent state income tax. You moved to Las Vegas, your income tax is zero zero With anyone stay in California, it doesn't make any sense. Ever again, they're in big trouble. This is gonna have to keep raising taxes, and the rich and anyone who can is gonna leave. And all that's gonna be left the visious cycle is people at welfare and illegal aliens.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be The whole state went on the route.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Root for America dot Com. Your stories are great and all I can say is thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Imagine where we would be if Kamala Harris was taking the oath of office in about a week. That's a different story. I got to run waying up against the clock.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, Happy new Year. I have chance to say that Happy New Year. God bless I'll be at the inauguration to the president.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: We don't live in l A.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Be good for America dot Com.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I let's continue with more. Things look a bit dark. Why take over a city or a state federally when the residents and the voters have ruined it and won't change. Bill Cunningham seven hundred W l W. I'm reclaiming my time in general, and my time is limited. I have the time, so my time. I'm answering your question.
Speaker 5: Let me answer you claiming my time, reclaiming my time, sir, reclaiming my time, and I know you don't want to answer.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I reclaim my time, claiming my time, claims in general, claiming my time.
Speaker 6: Reclaiming my time, reclaiming my time, mister Journey, claiming my time, reclaiming my time, mister Barr, Okay, my time.
Speaker 1: Excuse me the time. I'm starting to lose my temper. Excuse me my time, and I control it. My time circus another one claiming my time. Okay, reclaiming my time, my time, sir.
Speaker 7: Oh, hello, biot, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Segment. We dipped into the Pete Hegseth nomination committee hearings. You heard some of what's going on there. Now I'm reclaiming I have. I'm reclaiming my time. I'm reclaiming my time.
Speaker 7: What time is it. It's hop time.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that's what it is.
Speaker 7: That guy head six hop time right now.
Speaker 1: I reclined my time. I got to reclaim my time. Okay, you can go time. Yeah, I'm recovering now. I have a big list up here from the inquiry. But the greatest plays in Ohio state football history. You have choices between an eighty three yard scoop and score by Jack Sawyer. Yeah, Maurice Claire, it's stripping the ball from Sean Taylor in the Fiesta Bowl or hop Along Cassidy's eighty eight yard picked six against number two Wisconsin in nineteen fifty four. Let me tell you who the winner is going to be.
Speaker 7: I'd say hop Along Cassidy as a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know. I'm gonna go with Jack Sawyer. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think so too. What's the other Who was the other one?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 1: Maurice Maurice Brett.
Speaker 7: Stripped the ball away from somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the Fiesta Bowl in twenty oh three.
Speaker 7: So I don't Well, I'm I know a lot of buck guy stuff, Willie, but I don't remember that one.
Speaker 1: How about Evan Spencer twenty fourteen, or Joe Germain nineteen ninety seven, or Keith Byers nineteen eighty four. You might throw in Chris Crenzel twenty oh two, Ezekiel Elliott twenty fourteen, Braxton Miller twenty eleven. This is more than I want to know about Ohio State football?
Speaker 7: Well, Well, what about the great number forty five Archie Griffin with two two times back to back Heisman Trophy wins. Let me see my highlight right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if that's one play but he's not on the list. Pop Archie Griffin's not on the list.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a shame.
Speaker 1: It's an outrage. Say give me some sports, Willie.
Speaker 7: The Future Porter is a proud service of your local Teme Star eating and air conditioning dealers, Teme Star quality. You could feel you need it today, Willie, because it's cold out there. It's gonna get like zero. And young Denise next to me is sitting here at Middletown and she is we are all happy with our Temestar eat, no question that right.
Speaker 1: It is the best.
Speaker 7: DENISEA is shaking your head.
Speaker 1: Yes only no plea.
Speaker 7: Bengals up. They brought you my good spirits winding to back on Party Town where they have your thirst covered a non alcoholic bevery beverage tasting tomorrow six to eight pm, Party Town and Florence so cheers the guilt free good time at Party Town.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tell you, if all Hives Day wins, I'm gonna have to go to Party down and start dragging heavily, you and me both.
Speaker 7: I'll be right behind you. I'll drive you over there. The Bengals could have an interest in Wink Martindale. What is any death, not the not the talk show host, but he might be up for the vacant dead the defensive coordinator coordinator job. He's currently college football's highest paid coordinator at Michigan. He's making between two point five and two point seven million. He's under contract through twenty twenty six. But the Falcons, Colts, and Saints all the want also want to talk to him. He was with Baltimore I believe right for a years, so I'm not sure ya. And then the Chicago Bears are going to interview Mike McCarthy for their head coaching job. Lou An Arumo is set to talk with the Indy Colts. Ana Arumo also likely to interview with the Atlanta Falcons about their DC job and maybe a reunion with Jesse Bates.
Speaker 1: The third what about the head football coach of the Notre Dame being interviewed by the Chicago Bears. Could Freeman be going possibly to the Bears.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I think that if they can get Mike McCarthy, I think they'd be very happy.
Speaker 1: I think that's so. And I think Race has been hired by the Cleveland Browns. Is there oh C or DC one.
Speaker 7: Or the other whatever college basketball and Big Night of Action, Big East through Willie at your House the Centas Center, Villanova Xavier six o'clock seven under WLW, Texas A and M the Yankees against the Wildcats number in Kentucky at seven on the ESPN fifteen thirty Bymy RedHawks and Northern Illinois, Ohio State at Wisconsin. The UC Bearcats are on the road tomorrow night against Colorado.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 7: I wonder if Dion Dion I will be going to the game.
Speaker 1: He might be the new head football coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Correct Well, that's true, You're right. How about that? Move Neon Dion and Jerry Jones back together again.
Speaker 1: Who's faster Elie Delacruz or Neon Dion from second base to score on a loop single? Who's going to get there first? Dela Cruz or Sanders in his prime, I.
Speaker 7: Say number twenty four standards.
Speaker 1: In his prime, I saw nothing faster than that.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 1: He could turn off the light and be in bed before he got dark.
Speaker 7: Corrected, he could turn it. If he gets a single, he turns it into a triple because he steals second, steals third, and heck he.
Speaker 1: Might steal home, but Dela Cruz is pretty good too.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the Reds, though, Willie Hunter Green is doing something nice supporting travel ball, high school and college players out in the Los Angeles area with the wildfires. He's given away free baseball cleats to players in the fire zones. Good good reports are that Nick Hagland what spenci that he z own Is signed a three year deal with fc Cincinnette.
Speaker 1: Did he go the same ex or was it Deer Park High School? Which one was it?
Speaker 7: I thought it was Lakota West or something.
Speaker 1: We'll check that out.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I'd have been savior, I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it might have been. Well, he didn't play it. Notre Dame the homer, rocky boyman, that's what he claims.
Speaker 1: But he's about to lose his mind when Notre Dame gets taken down by the buckets.
Speaker 7: The buckets, I guarantee you next Tuesday if Notre Dame loses, I wonder if he's got the guts.
Speaker 1: He don't go up. He doesn't have the guts, he won't come in, He'll hide.
Speaker 7: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have the guts.
Speaker 7: You know you what, you got to take the bad with the good in this world.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have the guts. No, I don't know what happens if Notre Dame wins. Mayn't I say, whatever.
Speaker 7: Hear the end of it, will all will have underneath. This is the Notre Dame fight song.
Speaker 1: That'll be it.
Speaker 7: For three hundred and sixty seven more days.
Speaker 1: A year, I think it's been.
Speaker 7: That'll be our news sounder, our alert sounder, everything sounder will be the Notre Dame fight song.
Speaker 1: Well at that. The last time Notre Dame won the national title was about the same time the Reds won the World Series. So I hope you both were beaten soon I went the I went the Reds to win. I have more hope for this team than I've had in many years. The pitching staff looks impregnable.
Speaker 7: Well if they if they stay healthy, that's what they need. And then you got the You got to prove a manager in the house, so that should hopefully that's gonna work well. And you got a and you got a good team with you know, I mean that Gavin Lux play second. Matt McLean will be someplace else. Matt McLean will play second maybe one day and then Gavin Lux in the outfield. I mean he's got enough uh leeway and uh you know people out there to mix and match and everything else.
Speaker 1: No, we want to think, is is he seg Man? You weren't here to eat all the roast beef. But Eric Geyson of Izz He's brought in a spread with some potato pancakes that were unbelievable. I'll save some for you and the refrigerator.
Speaker 7: All right, wellie, I appreciate that thanks to Izzy's and everybody and.
Speaker 1: Eric Gyson is his grandpa was hilarious? Is he was hilarious? He would charge based upon the way you looked at the same meal. No ticket system, no no, however baked taxes and you walk up to the cash register and his grandpa would charge on how you looked. How would that work today? Segment?
Speaker 7: I don't know what do you get? What do you get for if you're like a.
Speaker 1: Three piece suit, fifteen dollars? If you were like alignment for the county, you charged three dollars for the same meal, or fifteen if less games than I would go in there, each of us wearing our lawyer garb. We were just fifteen dollars each. Somebody walked up from the sewer department, they got three dollars, we got fifteen. Oh maybe that's way it out of beat Now, from each according.
Speaker 7: I think I think that would work out pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's it. California loves that communism. From each according their abilities, to each, according to their needs. Take four dabs and give it to the hip. That's what is he did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, let's put that over. Let's put to make that our motto.
Speaker 1: Plus Caitlin Clark, the guy who threatened to uh, that guy, that guy, and then the guy with the machetes in Washington, d C. The one that got to get in the Capitol, was released this morning on a Noah bond before the.
Speaker 7: Inaugural Oh great, I bet you won't.
Speaker 3: You won't.
Speaker 7: I bet you won't get within no five hundred miles of Washington in the next few days.
Speaker 1: A couple of my friends are going segment. It's ten thousand dollars for the tickets to go for two. You had you stand in front in brutal cold weather. You then go to all the events, gotta walk and can you imagine trying to catch a cab or an uber that's impossible.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: Wait, and if it is, it's five thousand dollars a ride and then you go.
Speaker 1: Through all the security. You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 7: Not gonna happen, noll, I'll watch it on TV if he takes Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna By the way, your friend Michelle Obama will not be there.
Speaker 7: Oh she on another extended holiday or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said she had a conflict. And also so Kamala Harris and her husband Doug will not honor the tradition of having JD. Vans and his wife and kids come to the US Naval Observatory to look at their new gigs. She doesn't feel like she wants to do it. Of course, your comments on.
Speaker 7: That, well, that's that's weak sauce right there. And now you get beat, You get beat, and that's it. Move on, you know, move on, and you know so that's all right, I mean, you know, you know, of course it's stupid. People will buy her book, like you, what do you want to read out of her book?
Speaker 1: Twenty million? Yeah, twenty million dollars. And what it means is that JD's wife who would like to have a video made. So the Secret Service went into the with the permission of Kamala Harris took a video as to what it looked like where the rooms were. Jad and his wife never been there and she has got three kids under the age of eight, so she wanted to know what the lay at work's the catchen, where the bedrooms?
Speaker 4: What do we do right?
Speaker 1: She said, what can you just see if Doug, the second spouse will meet with me to take me through the new home for JD vance for the next four years. He also said, no, that is weak very much.
Speaker 7: So w e ak week with.
Speaker 1: The Capitol w segment, get me out of the students report. I have Grover Norquois coming up, who was a national character about tax reforming. More segment, get me out of the students report.
Speaker 7: Please Willy in honor of a brutally cold day and you need temp star quality you can feel. We leave you with the immortal words of the student report.
Speaker 3: It's healing time, is hope Time's healdre time.
Speaker 2: It's healing time. It's hope time.
Speaker 7: It's Hildred of time.
Speaker 2: Keep you belive, God bless you.
Speaker 1: That's another Democrat healing and hope. By the way, I'm reclaiming my time segment. I'm reclaiming my time.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, your time.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more segment. Thank you, Let's contain you. Billy Cunningham seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, the Great America, one of the great advocates for tax reform the last twenty or thirty years as an Americans for Tax reformatr dot org and then leading the Saint Peter of that organization, the leader upon that rock we will build our church, and is of course Grover Norquist. And Grover welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Two or three issues are percolating in my head. Number one, you have a column up about you. Haul index shows Americans voting with feet or shall I say entires in favor of lower taxes greater worker freedom. So explain what you haul rental rates tell about the American people moving within America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we kind of know from talking to friends that people are moving from New York to Florida because New York has a ten percent personally come taxt and Florida has zero. People move from California to Texas because they go from about fourteen down to zero. And you hear the stories and you know it anecdotally. But every year you haul the people who provide lets you rent their trucks to move stuff from one to the other. Report And by the way, if you're using you all and driving your own truck, you're not some rich guy, right. They can hire somebody else to drive their stuff from one place to another, but you all says, here's the top ten states people are leaving.
Speaker 4: California, New York, Illinois. They go through the list. What are they?
Speaker 5: They are high tech states and their states run by democratic governors and democratic legislatures. Well, we're the ten states people are moving to of Florida and Texas and Tennessee.
Speaker 4: States that that people moved to that have either no.
Speaker 5: Personal state income tax or very low personal state income taxes. The average of the ten people moved to is about two percent. The average of one of the people leave is about six to eight. So people always loved the idea. I grew up in before I moved to United States and immigrated Ice live in Massachusetts. And there in Massachusetts, people say, oh, that people moved to Texas.
Speaker 4: For the weather, and I thought, really, you haven't been to Texas.
Speaker 5: You know, the idea that people leave California to move to Texas for the weather.
Speaker 4: It's counterintuitive. And Florida is wonderful in the winter, but not in the summer. People are not moving. You make Houston and Florida for the weather.
Speaker 1: You move for the Texas, no question. In calif I think the most beautiful state I've been in is North Carolina, and if I spent time in Montana, I'd probably say Montana. But there's no more beautiful state well positioned than the state of California. It has skiing, it has beaches, it has mountains, has valleys, great agricultural center of course, Hollywood, et cetera. You have the tech industries there and so much more. There's about forty million Americans who live in the California, which is beautiful, and all they have is ridiculous governmental policies caused by ineptitude and by DEI helping to cause the wildfires and more. Right now there's more than three thousand structures affected. All hell continues to break loose in California. They can't deal with it, and instead of going a different direction, they fail to do so. California, for example, is beautiful. Texas often for six months of the year has terrible weather. The state of Florida. I have a home there. About six months of the year it's great. The other six months is hotter than the hinges of Hell. People aren't moving to Texas or North Carolina or Mississippi or Florida because of the weather. They're moving for less crime, less regulation, more entrepreneurship, and fewer taxes. And so California has got to be. In fact, if I could trade California, Washington and Oregon for maybe Canada, I might make the trade. But Canadians are very close right now in politics to Californians. But what do you see? Why are more and more and more Americans leaving California and then being replaced by illegal migrants illegally getting lots of government support. So the right kind of people are moving out and the wrong kind of people are moving in.
Speaker 4: Why California is past the tipping point.
Speaker 5: They just spend so much money, and they do that to buy Democrat voting constituencies. Either government employees given massive pensions beyond anything in the private sector, and they have to keep funding that.
Speaker 4: That's bankrupting a number of the Blue states.
Speaker 5: We're talking about trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities promises way beyond what they've been willing to steal from past players so far. They're going to have to do much higher taxes in the future just to pay off their promises to.
Speaker 4: The to the public sector union.
Speaker 5: And then you have an entire constituency that gets welfare in various forms and they say to people, you can't accomplish anything, which is not very nice in the government to say to people and say, well, we'll give you some welfare and so just vote for us and.
Speaker 4: That'll be that'll that's the deal. Shut up, go away.
Speaker 5: And it's becoming too expensive for them to buy the votes they need, and this is a huge challenge. New York spends two hundred and thirty billion a year state budget two and thirty billion, Florida one hundred and fifteen Okay, half as much. Florida actually has two million plus more people living in Florida than in New York. That wasn't true X number of years ago. Right, Florida is bigger than New York. They but New York spends twice as much per capita.
Speaker 4: Why what do they get? Are the road's better, No, the schools better?
Speaker 3: What they have.
Speaker 5: No, Well, transportation better, No, okay, it's more expensive. They pay more government employees, more money, more benefits.
Speaker 4: They work fewer days.
Speaker 5: They work fewer hours, they retire earlier, and they get pensions that nobody in the real world ever gets to see. So they have a very well paid aristocratic class that, like the European aristocrats, live off the hard work of the peasants who pay the taxes. And that's what New York gets for spending twice as much. What does Florida get because they spend one hundred and fifteen billion dollars a year less in the state. Ever it they get people moving to their state, They get businesses investing in their state. They get jobs and growth in the state because people send their money there by investing in it. Right, if you put your money in the bank, they're shipping it the Florida to build houses and work and create this They're not building in New York because there isn't opportunities out there.
Speaker 4: So this is really beginning to shift the country.
Speaker 5: Next year, the electoral college about ten more votes, ten war votes move to low tax states away from high tax states, and eventually we'll have a permanent majority against the tax and spendors.
Speaker 1: Well, two other issues. One is that I hear liberal Democratic congressmen and women like a king Jefferies, say it's all about tax cuts. Well, if you pay taxes, you get a tax cut. And because the income distribution, the top one percent pay about forty percent of the taxes. So when there's tax cuts across the board, the one percent likely to get four eighty percent of the revenue return to them in a form of checks. They have more economic activity. So if one percent pay forty percent, the top five percent pay eighty percent. That means when of the tax cuts across the board, the eighty percent, the five percent who pay eighty percent of the taxes get relief. But secondly, the Democrats want to sell the lie le, italisize it, put it in quotes, put a big line under it, and they lie by saying, well, that's going to starve government. When you have tax cuts, it means less government money goes to Washington to spend money. Explain the truth, Grover nor Quist, Explain the truth.
Speaker 5: Sure, when we cut marginal tax rates on the income tax in the nineteenth twenties, we had the Roaring twenties. Then Hoover erased the taxes up to seventy five percent. We had a great depression when John F. Kennedy said, let's take the rates down about twenty five percent across the boards. Mike Reagan, we had strong growth in the sixties until they created the Great Society, spent trillions of dollars and Nixon had Nixon raised taxes to pay for the welfare state that the Democrats created, and you had the lousy seventies. Reagan came in cut marginal tax rates. You had strong economic growth for seven straight years until George Herbert walker Bush broke his promised not to raise taxes and did raise taxes, and we had as a result, lower growth. Following that, when we reduce taxes, we have more growth. We have more revenue coming in because you have more people working. They're just more people paying taxes, more people making higher wages. The Trump tax cuts saw the median income family of four in nine twenty nineteen, a year after the tax cuts took effect, jumped six point eight percent. Median family income not rich people, not the media dead center, middle half earning more half earning was six point eight percent, growth, more than the entire eight years of Obama.
Speaker 4: Lower taxes create economic growth.
Speaker 5: The second live the Democrats say is well, the corporate income tax, we should raise that, and they're only going to have tax The Republicans are cutting taxes for corporations.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Corporations don't pay taxes. There's no mister General Motors writing a check companies.
Speaker 4: The corporating come.
Speaker 5: Tax is paid by workers who get paid less money because the company has less money, fewer workers because the companies shrink at their workforce. Prices go up because they have to try and raise the money to pay the taxes some way.
Speaker 4: So consumers get it.
Speaker 5: And if you're saving for your retirement in a four to one pay in an IRA, in the stock market, in your home and land, you see those taxes on the taxes on the corporation actually reduce.
Speaker 4: The value of your life saving so favors consumers.
Speaker 5: Workers pay the corporate income tax, and all they do with the corporating taxes hide that the middle class is being looted. When the property tax people come and tax the local grocery store you go to.
Speaker 4: Who do you think pays the property tax the grocery store? No, No, you when you buy potatoes.
Speaker 5: Okay, So they like to hide the taxes, and the corporate income tax is a great way to hide that they're screwing the middle class and pretending it comes from somebody else.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, when corporate taxes are raised, the price of the product or service goes up and the consumer pays all the corporate taxes. Is simply a pass through. But too many Democrats can't understand that. Secondly, about the deficits only I read an article recently about the bricks. What's happening with the bricks, which is Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, About fourteen other nations have joined. They want the dollar not to be the reserve currency because it's unreliable. They're claiming that if we keep borrowing a trillion dollars every one hundred days, that the value of our dollar will be much less because dollars will be printed, and the interest rates will goes up because you have to pay more money to attract more investors. How much of a problem for long term health of America is a deficit of this character.
Speaker 5: There is a problem, but it's the spending. It's the total spending. The deficit is the part of the iceberg, you can see. It's the part of spending that is beyond what's taxed.
Speaker 4: Okay. But if you were.
Speaker 5: Spending at ten dollars and the government said, well, we're going to take nine by taxes and borrow one. Okay, Oh, here's an improvement.
Speaker 4: We're going to take off ten.
Speaker 5: That doesn't free opp resources. The problem is the size of the government. So the real cost of government. Milton Friedman said this a million times, and we need to remember it. The real cost of government is total government spending. Whether they take the money from you or borrow it, it is gone from the real economy. So, yes, the total spending gets high enough there they're not they get scared to raise the ti axes to meet it.
Speaker 4: It is a sign the government is spending too much. But the problem is not the deficit itself. It's the totals, and that is the piece of the problem.
Speaker 5: The bigger problem is total government spending, what gets sucked out of the real economy, and that's what we need to keep down. I'm not worried that the countries you list are going to replace the dollar, because it's sad and sorry as our government can be. Those a lot worse. It's so good luck trying to get them to have a currency that works. But we do need to have a stronger currency, and that means spend less money, lower regulations, lower taxes, more growth.
Speaker 1: Grover norquest to atr dot org American for tax reform. A friend of mine, but recently build a home that costs five million dollars. And when someone hears that day, I think that is ridiculous that someone in Cincinnati, Ohio can actually spend five million dollars, I say to that person, Look that five million dollars wasn't put in a pile of bondfire and burned five million dollars one into the pockets of the blacktopper, the carpenter, the plaster or the drywall, or the kitchen manufacturer, the flooring. The trust is the roof itself. So when someone rich spends money, that money goes in the pockets of the middle class, and that feels their lifestyle. They then have better income they pass on to someone else, to pass on to someone else, to pass on to someone else. So when some rich person like a Mark Zuckerberg buys one hundred million dollar a yacht, how bad is that? I listen to some congressional testimony. That's terrible. He spend one hundred million dollars or where did one hundred million dollars go in one of the pockets and middle class workers who built the damn thing? Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: You're right?
Speaker 5: And what Zuckerberg has done is created tens of billions of dollars of value that is in the four one cage and individual retirements counts and pensions of millions of Americans.
Speaker 4: Right, And that was we ought to have.
Speaker 5: That's good when when the value of that stock goes up the people who benefit. He doesn't need an extra billion dollars he's got, you know, if you take money from him, it's not like he doesn't have a house. He doesn't have a jot if he wants one. That just comes out of the investment that he has in his company in the jobs of the people who work for him.
Speaker 4: Right, he's busy inventing stuff.
Speaker 5: He's a little quieter about it, but he's another regular Elon Musk in terms of the kind of stuff that he's been investing in and making products and creating new opportunities. That's why the United States leads the world on all the interesting new technologies because we, as bad as we sometimes do it, we're less horrible than all the other governments in the world.
Speaker 3: But we can do better.
Speaker 8: That's that's not the market that we need to be significantly better in our growth, in our job creation, in the people that we are able to hire here in the United States.
Speaker 5: So this we're going to win the competition internationally. I think Trump's tax cuts are a huge step in the right direction. And the idea of Elon Musk and the they going through the regulations and say let's get rid of half of the regulations we have.
Speaker 4: They're not only not helpful, they're destructive.
Speaker 1: Gotta run. Grover norquestatr dot org. Thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. The Truth will set us all free. Grover nor Quest, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Good to be with you. Thanks though, command.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm just making a point because there's a lot about qualifications. I think it's so hypocritical of senators, especially on the other side. I'll be talking about his qualifications not going to lead the secretary or be the secretary of Defense, and yet your qualifications aren't any better. You guys aren't any more qualified to be the Senator than I'm qualified to be the Centaer, except we're lucky enough to be here. But let me read you what the qualifications of the Secretary of Defense is, because I googled it, and I googled it and went through a lot of different sites, and really it's hard to see. But in general, the US Secretary of Defense position is filled by a civilian.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: If you have served in the US Army Forces, and I've been been in the service for uh, you have to be retired for at least seven years, and Congress can can weigh that. And then there's questions that that the that the senator from from Massachusetts brought up about serving on a on a board inside the military industry, and yet your own secretaries, you all voted for Secretary of Austin. We had to vote on a waiver because he stepped out the border raytheon. But I guess that's okay because that's a Democrat secretary of Defense. But we so quickly forget about that. And then Senator Kane or I guess I better use the senator from Virginius starts bringing up the fact that what if you showed up drunk to your job. How many senators have showed up drunk to vote at night? Have any of you guys asked them to step down and resign for their job?
Speaker 1: And don't tell me you haven't seen it, because I know you have.
Speaker 6: And then how many senators do you know have got a divorce before cheating on their wives? Did you ask them to step down?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But it's for show, you guys.
Speaker 6: Make sure you make a big show and point out the hypocrisy because the man's made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Eye rock at that senator remark when.
Speaker 5: The man?
Speaker 1: How about Sammary Ted Kennedy? What kind of craft that he pulled with the ladies? With the women segment? How many sportscasters do you know and show up drunk to work having had sex with various numerous women, have lipstick on their collar and they still do their job? Five, nine, twelve or nineteen segment? How about that one?
Speaker 7: I don't think anybody willie.
Speaker 1: Don't say that? Come on segment?
Speaker 7: You know you know what what about big time and what about football players?
Speaker 1: Rock Rocky? What about that showing up?
Speaker 7: Ten thirty?
Speaker 9: I'll tell you today, I've known you guys that have gone out on a Saturday night party and the coach. It's the results driven business. You show up, you play well, you play good, you help the team.
Speaker 1: We look the other way. You don't. You got a problem? I love this Senate?
Speaker 7: What about what about all your high falutin friends there, Willie? What about you?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Senate segment. I was off for that job by Mike Dwine and said I would not be in a group that would admit me as a member. Plus I can't afford the pay cut. So I told him no, what Joe Dieters is investiture.
Speaker 7: He came up to me, Now now that you're number one in the world with Scott rein Hard and uh what Rocky Boyman and ed that got flowed second? I mean, it's unbelievable show.
Speaker 1: But can you answer the question rock and her? The question results driven business? That's it.
Speaker 9: You can get your job done and do it in an exceptional manner. I don't care about the other side.
Speaker 1: There was a report that twenty two million dollars was paid out to women who work in the house in the Senate for being sexually assaulted and or raped and or molested by sitting senators Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton, I bought the eyebold cigar, but that's a different story. He smoked, eyebowled. But nonetheless, what does he I think he might have? So did the same Democrats say step down out, quit doing that. You can't do that anymore. Segment. You know what I'm saying, that guy is wonderful. I want you to raise your handy to show it up drunk.
Speaker 7: Or did anybody say, I know, yeah, give me some sports.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta quiz Rocky on Quinn yours getting six million dollars to leave Texas and go play quarterback, which is less money being made by Manning supposedly, Please.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, believe the stood reporters proud service, every local Temp Star eating their conditioning dealers. Temp Star quality you can feel and you need it today. In the next couple of days, it's going to be zero and below zero, so you better get temp Star quality. You can feel.
Speaker 1: Well. Digger's ass right there, don't do you don't want to be digging a well in this kind of weather. Segment?
Speaker 7: Will you have Bengals up? They brought you my good spirits Winding Tobaco and party town where they'll have your thirst covered. I bet with a non alcoholic beverage tasting tonight, need it. I think some of this are Tomorrow night. Excuse tomorrow night. It's six to eight six party town in Florence. There's gonna be a lot of senators there.
Speaker 1: I heard time to party hardy. They won't be non alcoholics segment. It's amazing the hypocrisy of the radical left. They have blinders on when it's a Democrat, but are fully cognizant of the.
Speaker 7: Issues when they go of course, and I mean this heads get the h there and they like this guy, right, I mean he's he's their pick, he's the real deal man. But they're just bringing they're just bringing up the mud and the guts and they're everything else.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: He's a rocky boy, rocky boyman of the Defense Department. He's a rock kind of a guy.
Speaker 9: And hey says, what twenty or something years in the military, two bronze stars, two ivy League degrees, done a bunch of stuff to help veterans.
Speaker 1: That it doesn't matter what matters. Sex with this woman fifteen years ago that resulted in a bunch of nothing. That's the big issue.
Speaker 7: Okay, senators, how many in that room today? Of the senators? Will he had little?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: A couple of lady affairs over the.
Speaker 1: Ladies that goes to hot Town and the kettle black you gotta you got what? And then sometimes about you Rocky, I don't know, not me, you talking about the sand casters, rich, high powered sportscasters, drinking late at night, partying hardy with the ladies and Mount Adams. If you can get on and off the hill, that's the thing. You still can't get up and can't get down. Men's health.
Speaker 7: Go see men's They have thirty percent of the plows or were broken in the city.
Speaker 1: It's because they have those damns.
Speaker 9: And did I hear correctly that that's not an issue that's on the city council agenda at all? Not the snow what it's about having more evv These people serious? What world do those people live in? What fantasy land do they live in where people when it's like zero degrees out care about getting more.
Speaker 1: Evs on the road. And I just want to snow moved from my parking space so I can get to work. And by the way, who can walk it as a modestrian on sidewalk. Unbelievable, there's nothing. There's a movie rock and Seite called both of these people. Well, Democrats vote for it, and since it must not be bad enough, it must it needs to get worse. It's gotten down. A lot of districts and counties around the country that were very blue went red this past. Things get really bad. Things gotta get bad. They gotta get worse before they bottom like a drunk. You gotta have a rock bottom hit it. We're not California, californiaslimornis there. You know this is classic scene from Dumb and Dummer when the leader says, just when I think you can't do anything more, Studio, do something like this and totally redeem you yourself. This is city council wanting to buy EV buses and EV snowplows. One of the ones we have are more snowplows. What are those costs?
Speaker 4: A lot?
Speaker 1: I talk to Dale Donovan segment get me into sports and make it fast. I want to quit his rockey. And what's going to happen Monday night?
Speaker 7: Willie? The Bengals could have an interest in Wink Martindale. There's vacant the defensive coordinator's job. Of course, he's currently at the East College football's highest paid coordinator at that team up North Michigan two point five to two point seven million. He's under contract through twenty twenty six. Also, the Falcons, Colts, and Saints want to talk to him. The Chicago Bears are going to talk to Mike McCarthy about their deal deal.
Speaker 1: And Marcus Freeman never heard about this rock No, The Tribune is saying that is not true. Freeman may leave no Notre Dame for the Chicago Bears. Not true. Do the Bears have a theme song?
Speaker 3: Do they have on them?
Speaker 1: I mean they got the Super Bowl Shuffle, if that's what you're talking about. But that was a nineteen eighty five that is.
Speaker 9: So long I wouldn't want done about forty can give up a Notre Dame job or international championship and a five year extension for the Chicago Bears Now maybe in a few years, yes, but right now you can still?
Speaker 1: Can you in the national title at Notre Dame? Absolutely? Man said no, We're in the game. In the game gameeg please continue please.
Speaker 7: College basketball tonight, Willie plenty of it, Big East Action Villanova davior at six at Centa Center seven underd WLW SEC action Texas A and M and number eight Kentucky at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty Mid American Conference in Miami at Northern Illinois and BAKE ten action tonight o b Ohio State Buck guys are at Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: It says looters strike on CNN. I thought oday on strike or striking. Looters strike in LA And by the way, most are illegal immigrants in Mexico. They're striking these fabulous mansions looking for diamond, golden jewels. So what's the laws? I mean, if someone's looting my hout, my burned down house, can I shoot him? Not in Los Angeles. Maybe in Kentucky, you're good, but not in Los Angeles. Self defense. I was there, he looked at me, reaching his pocket. What am I going to do? Yeah, self defense, the fear of losing my life. Is there any looting happening in Harrison? No, just building houses, more and more houses, one lane dirt highway in and out of Harrison, a little bit of gravel on it. That's it. Please continue.
Speaker 7: Uh, that's about all this going on in sports Willie right now except the cold and he got the NFL Divisional playoffs this weekend, of course, Monday night, the big one with the Notre Dame the Ohio State in the National Championship game in the A team.
Speaker 1: Are you going, rock Are you going? I can't say Sanata Mark Extreemance. I imagine he'll be there. Yeah, he will be there. He's gonna be the game. You're not going to Chicago all on the Bears. No, not going to do that, by the guys. Real quick, guess what I talked to on the telephone today, Rocky Boyman's great great end. Kerrie. Wait a minute, Carrie co Carrie coach? Is he coming downloaded? He's in Cincinnati, DC at Cole Rain No. Zero in twenty four.
Speaker 9: No, but if the Cincinnati Bangles were smart, he got one of the most motivated excited. That's exciting COEs in town. Good guy with a roastery in Cincinnati. Why can't they hire it as hiring a bunch of other coaches, offensive backfield coach or something.
Speaker 1: And that makes a lot of sense. Do something. Yeah, I agree. We'll see what Harry Combs the Bengals. He was twenty years ago. He had the best high school team I've ever seen. He was watching him play Canton McKinley went like fifty to six or or fifty to nothing and they didn't play in the fourth quarter. Not good.
Speaker 7: No days on Cheviot Road.
Speaker 1: Right now they're in the dumper. So what do you want to ask me about?
Speaker 3: Quinn?
Speaker 1: Here's the question? Are you ready for? This is the question? Quinn yours has been offered six million dollars for one year to transfer. Now in his place comes up? Are you can't say? He will not say to the school, but he's debating whether to take the six million or go to the draft.
Speaker 9: What do you say, Rock, I think he needs another year. I'd take the six I mean, you get your cake and need it too. You get to get more experience in the NFL right now at the quarterback position values experience. Remember they drafted trade Lance with all the measurables that the forty nine ers did, but he didn't have any experience.
Speaker 1: How'd that work out?
Speaker 8: Bad?
Speaker 1: Bo Nix?
Speaker 9: On the other hand, sixty one career games, okay, worked out pretty good. Baker Mayfield had a bunch of games, right, worked out pretty good. So you need experience. So if he gets to stay in college, get more experience, make himself a better pro and pocket six million bucks.
Speaker 1: What is the decision? And Knicks has a broken back. I read this on line. He said, fractured vertebra since the game number twelve this season. It's tough bad back. I'm doing well. He played pretty good. We're gonna have with ars Man though when yours comes back. At some point he's got to play.
Speaker 9: He's not going to expect the fact that he's not hit the portal twelve times, but at some point he's and with all the pedigree and all the potential and all that, he's got to play.
Speaker 1: You any of these kids go to school?
Speaker 9: No, so everything's online these major lines. Yes, I'm just other words. They do not all these major schools except for Notre Dame. You actually have to go to class there, okay really, but a lot most of the other major universities, major football programs, every class is online. It's in the football building. You don't go to uh, you know, debris Hall. And for your economics, No, it's all online. And either you or somebody takes the class and you go worry about football.
Speaker 1: They have interns, they have other assistants to take the test for you to say and all of a sudden, they got a degree from University of Alabama. Roll Tide, Tennessee, roll Tide, roll the volunteers, whatever it is they keep rolling about. You see a Bearcats, same thing. They don't go to school, they just I'm not sure, but I'm I'm talking like the big time program. Yeah, Oklahoma Southern. In other words, they have a building you go to, You take class every day online, Yes, and you click something I'm here. Okay, good, here's the test I paid. I got another a. That's how it works. I've already said too much, quen yours. That sounds pretty. That's not bad, is it?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. So I get to another year of playing under Steve Sarkesian, despite what some people think is actually a really brilliant offensive mind, except on the second experience, make myself more appealing to NFL teams, and I get the pocket six million bucks, and I get to run around in college and be the man, and you know, probably get a date or two. What's the decis there's no state income tax in Texas. What's the decision?
Speaker 3: The question?
Speaker 1: What the question is? What is the question? How much is arch Many gonna make you? I think he was the high the highest.
Speaker 9: No, I know, he was the highest paid player in terms of and I think it was I want to say it was five point two million. So if Quinn's gonna not playing, But then Bryce Owner was getting what ten or twelve from Michigan, So it's scoring up, up, up up up.
Speaker 1: Somebody real rich, got ahold of them. This is unsustainable, by the way. You can't get game players, you know more ten million million, even a millionaire millionaire. I don't know how well, I don't know. Fremantle's making like four hundred and fifty thousand, Exavior and jigzl Wizzle. What's his name, jigzl Whizzle James seven hundred thousand, James kid right, James was good. His name is gigil Wizzle something like that.
Speaker 4: He's not playing, you better start playing and make.
Speaker 7: That Dough makes it. The Bearcats play tomorrow night at Colorado, and right now, what is it four losses in a row?
Speaker 9: Well, these colleges are getting smarter by the way they're they're realizing we're not just going to write you a check to come and know there there's expectations, and there's there's they're spreading it out, they're making it a contractor a couple of years and you know so the reality of you truly want to be be paid, which means you are a professional. There's pluses and minuses that if you're not holding up your yeah performance, if you're not holding up your end of the bargain gone.
Speaker 1: How about an ev snow plows you like that?
Speaker 4: Rock?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? What are we doing? Just when you think, Hey, Rock, if.
Speaker 7: You were coming out of Saint X right now, what would be your price?
Speaker 1: I can't say Notre Dame would not been in the hunt at that point, that door, the ray and the me would have appeared, and I, Rocky would have been south the Mississippi Mississippi State l s U. I'm ole mess would be fabulous and dated a lot of the women there from the whole many of them. I recall that, at least in my memory.
Speaker 7: Not you go again taking those you're watching them? What weird movies on TV Men's Health Clinic?
Speaker 1: All I can say, Rock, what's on the big show today? We have your former girlfriend Tanya Rourke live from the Girder, the Girdle, The Girder, Girder, the Girder. I saw her last night at six o'clock. She was there, did had the ear muffs on, and according to to UH going to the Governor of Ohio, it's going to be done by the middle of February. You know, I'm sure you saw the news.
Speaker 9: There's two businesses that they're going out of business down there new Port of Levee, right party source. I don't think it is hurting a little bit because people can't get to get that done now. I don't even worried about ev s e e. The snow plous plous makes a lot of sense. Four times the amount of our normal snoop. That's what we need and that's on the dock today at your city council.
Speaker 1: Gotta go once again, Rock, thank you, Thank you. Segment give me out of the student's report, Remote control with the segment.
Speaker 7: Willy and Hotter of a very cold day here in the Tri State and the first Lady of Middletown by lovely wife Denise. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 1: We owe these shoots to.
Speaker 6: Be sel Avenue, oh Man, and women were created by go you know that.
Speaker 9: You know the thing, Democrats, I'm having a kamala at the inaugural or she didn't know the un Pledge of Allegiance.
Speaker 1: She didn't know. I didn't know it. And by the way, Michelle, Obama's not showing up for the inaugural, and the vice President will not take the new BB through the second Man or whatever he call it is not Doug In. He won't do it either. He won't do it. He's busy. Now, is that? Why are we going to have an ABC report about that? You know it doesn't fit. Therefore the answer is no, okay segment, Thank you on seven hundred W l W