Speaker 1: Some ven you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis goold ir a dot com. Super excited for a very fun comedy call today. Michael Palasak is a very funny stand up comic. He's been a Sue Falls several times. People here absolutely love him, and he's back tomorrow night, Thursday. Holy cow, how is tomorrow Thursday? Already going to be at Severance Brewing Company in Sioux Falls tomorrow night. And Mike, I am so excited to see you again.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, John, I'm excited. I'm excited to be there. Severance is, looking back, one of my favorite venues performing like that just sort of pop up, you know, whenever I could find out. When I get where, I get to do it, I get excited.
Speaker 2: And Severance Brewing Company downtown Seue Falls very very good place to go for a comedy show. It's not huge, so like every seat is a good seat. And I don't know if there's any tickets left, but if there are, you can you can snatch them up, and I'll tell you how to do that. Here in a bit, let's talk about some of the cool things you've had a chance to do. You've been on like TV shows and you've got comedy specials and you're all over the place, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. When I started out, that was all they had, you know, in the ops, you know, it was to do late it TV and then you try to get a half hour Comedy Central. And I did that and it was very very felt like I felt like after I did my half hour on Comedy Central, I was like, I'm just staying alive for my parents. Now.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a funny dude, and one of the things that I love very relatable humor. I think when people come to a show and they see Michael Pallisak, they can relate to most of the stuff you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I always wanted the goal to aim of the whole thing is to just be someone that you know, as close to myself on stage, and that's that's all I can do, and that's what I try to do well.
Speaker 2: And again, the thing that's cool, like I said, I had a chance to see you when you were in town last year. Very very funny, super funny dude, and again non offensive. So there's sometimes you know, you'll have people go, oh, I don't go to a comedy show because they're away trying to offend people. I think you kind of go out of your way to not offend people, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think everyone has their own mission state me, you know, whether they know it or not. Like some people are like, oh, I just want to destroy or whatever whatever it takes, whereas like I got into comedy sort of for the other reason, Like I was the new kid a couple of times in school and I didn't like being made fun of, so making people laugh was the way to sort of disarm. Yeah, that sort of thing. And I would never want someone to pay money to see a show and then leave feeling like they were either like offended or you know, like attacks. And I would never I mean, sometimes I'm sure anybody can be offended by anything, but I'm you know, I don't swear and talk about sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's it's very again, it's good humor, and I love that. I love when I've had a chance to see in the past and you've been to Sue Falls every time you come here, you got a good group of people come out to see you, and they're not coming out seeing the same exact jokes every time. It's you know, you've got new stuff, and you're always adding new stuff. How do you come up with the material you have? Because it's good, It's got to be difficult to keep coming up with new things, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's a good question. Yeah. I feel like when I started, you have a notebook and you write down your thoughts and you work on your jokes and then and then it became a dad and I was like, well I just got to go to work now. Yeah. Talk. So it's a different process. I think of stuff, I do a podcast style and I write stuff down, but then I just really try to go on stage. But the gold the good thing about having something that takes over your life and makes it now your own anymore like being a parent, is that it is very relatable. So if you can find some stuff in there, it's sort of kind of like a shortcut to connect you with with a good amount of people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Again, the show in Sue Falls is Thursday night, which again it's it's a good night to go out have some fun, you know, and it's not going to be super late. The show starts at seven, which is nice. It's at Severance Brewing Company downtown Seoux Falls, and you come down, have a beer if you'd like to, and enjoy a really fun show. And I'm honored that I get to open for you again, my second time to open for you, So thank you for letting me you that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm honored that you you're doing it. It's very special to be able to go back to the town to recheck.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a lot of fun again. It's happening tomorrow night. It's on Thursday night and again in downtown Seoux Falls at Severance Brewing Company. And if you'd like to get tickets, I'm going to post a link to make it easy to find. Like I said, I'm not even certain that they have tickets left, but I've got a link to the thing. So if you click on there and look around and see if there's some tickets, that's awesome, and uh, if not, make sure you get them early next time, right yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Always uh as you check in there soill out, just check back and sometimes they release some as people you know, they have the same personal people too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you taking the time to chat and I will see you at the show. And again I'm excited to work with you again. It's gonna be a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks again.
Speaker 2: Michael Pallisak very funny stand up comic. He'll be in Sioux Falls tomorrow night at the Severance Brewing Company in downtown suit Falls. It's right on Phillips Avenue. And I am going to throw a link to make it really easy to find any tickets if there's some left at Facebook dot com Slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com Slash Sioux Falls Comedy and Something You Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.