Speaker 1: All right, here we go with the Minnesota goodbye. We're gonna kick off with a very important question in these uncertain times from Denise. What is your favorite type of cheese and why now? Then they go on to give you time to think. Denise gives us her mount rushmore of cheese, mozzarella, bree, Parmesan, and American. Is that even really cheese?
Speaker 2: She says?
Speaker 1: If not, then cheddar, I would say. I love really like hard cheese. I don't like soft cheese especially. I like sharp cheddar. I like anything that's hard and kind of crumbly. But I can't think of any more examples. Maybe, but I kind of have a lot of flavor, But I would say probably, I'm just gonna say sharp cheddar.
Speaker 3: Bailey, I'm gonna prop I haven't had as much cheese as I would have liked in my life, so I don't really know. I don't have like a wide palette. But I would say mozzarella when it's with like basil and tomatoes, like any of that. Oh, I could just eat that like as a snack.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, Jenny, how much time you guys got So I'm just kidding. If I had a go to cheese that I'd eat at any given time, it'd be just your sharp cheddar. But we just did a charcuterie board over the weekend and we had a hobbin arrow pepper jack cheese that was great. We had like a cinnamon apple soft cheese that was super good. A greer cheese that one was also really good. So it's really hard for me. It depends on the day. Wow, those aren't delist.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you?
Speaker 1: I want to get your opinion. I was going to send somebody who is a friend of the radio station one of those. It was like, it's not like the one that you buy at them all, but it's maybe a little bit nicer, like a Hickory Farms gift basket with the sausage and the cheese and the jellies and the crackers. And Susan said, people throw that shit away?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: And I said, I don't think so she says, no, people don't like that that. They want good cheese, they want good sausage. And I'm like, oh, okay, so I passed on it. But I'm a big Hickory Farms kind of a guy. If you want and you feel so inclined to send you boy a Hickory Farms, gift bag, a gift basket or box.
Speaker 2: I'm down with that, Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always get overwhelmed when I go to the grocery store and all of the cheeses are like sitting out. I have no idea what I would ever pick. So I need somebody to like have all the cheeses out and then give me an hour so I can just taste each one and write notes.
Speaker 4: Oh you need Okay, this is a far out suggestion, but there's a cheese shop in Crosby, Minnesota that literally they just have all this selection and they let you try it like it's an ice cream shop. So they just like cut up a bunch of choes a bunch. It is so good. And so anytime we go up to Crosby, we go we have our little samples of cheese or Crosby. Crosby is like an hour and a half ish north maybe only maybe only it's close to brainerd O that way. Yes, so it's right north of Malax the lake, the big lake.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, it's it's such a phenomenal shop. And I wish I could think of the name right now off the top of my head. But you'll probably know if you hear Crosby and Cheese Shop. Crosby Cheese Shop.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one, a good morning. You can use my name Melissa. A of all, I've been listening to the show for about fifteen years and I love you all so much. Thanks for all you do. Well, you're certainly welcome, Melissa, thank you for listening. B of all, I was at a Harry Potter experience with my daughter last week, and it got me thinking about what subtle nugget of magic you would employ if you had such abilities. This would be a bit of magic that would improve your daily life yet might not be noticed by others. For example, coffee and food always stay hot, or you never hit a red light, or the toilet paper roll never runs out, or the shoes, your shoes never get wet, et cetera. I think mine would be that my hands never get cold. Melissa aka Juice, because that's allegedly what my dad wanted to name me. I love that.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean we've had really no time to think about it. Yeah, but I would say God, access to McNuggets anytime I want so hot McNuggets anytime I want and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I get think of something much better and healthier. But does anybody else have a magical power anytime you want?
Speaker 4: I think mine would be that the dishes are just magically done every time I cook. Okay, I hate dishes, so it's my least favorite chore to do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I could add like clothes to that too. Does it have to be like a trivial thing?
Speaker 1: Well, because it's fake, it can do anything you want. I mean, you can't do, like, you know, save the world from cancer.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, I would love to never have to drive anywhere. That'd be great because I spend so much time driving from here to there to wherever. So sometimes I'm in the car in a day for like an hour or more, and I don't want to be in the car ever.
Speaker 1: So you went to trivia last night sidebar and Bailey. Bailey sent me a trivia question. Do you want me to read it? Yeah, go ahead and read the trivia question.
Speaker 3: I sent it to you after we had already answered it. So I don't want anyone to think I was cheating because.
Speaker 2: She was cheating at trivia.
Speaker 3: Cheating, Oh my god, now I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Look under Dave.
Speaker 4: Thank you Dave. Okay, what's your name again?
Speaker 3: And says what. TV series that ran for eleven seasons beginning in nineteen seventy four, has settings including Arnold's Drive in Jefferson High and the Cunningham household.
Speaker 1: And it was easy, it was happy days. Yeah, but your group got it anywhere we got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We won the second round. And I took pictures because Tripp says that he's smart, so I wanted to test him. I haven't yet, but I took pictures of a bunch of them. I helped with one or two questions. One of them was about Disney princesses and their timeline, and I was like, this is it, this is my time, jam.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. So where did you go play trivia?
Speaker 3: We play at Wicked Wart in Robinsdale.
Speaker 4: It's a brewery.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Can I ask a follow up question? Did the gift card get shared if you want?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so this is a running.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've complained about this on the show before, but I have been in this group for trivia. It's not like my trivia group. So it's my friend Ali and her husband Rick and my friend Ali.
Speaker 4: I love her so much.
Speaker 3: Her husband Rick is fine, and they are the trivia team, and then they invite their friends to come and play trivia with them. And I've been playing trivia with them probably like for eight years maybe and not every single week, but a lot, and they win a lot because Rick is very smart, super smart, and Ali's really smart too. They're just good at trivia, which is why they have a trivia team. And so then when they win, they get gift cards to the place that you're at. So where whatever brewery you're at, you get a gift card for that brewery. And Ali and Rick never ever share the gift card ever. So sometimes it's like thirty bucks. If we win both rounds, it's fifty So.
Speaker 2: Do they buy you a beer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe in the last eight years, two or three times they said add it to our tab, and that was the only time I ever got to see any of that money. And I've been playing trivia with them for yearras so many times.
Speaker 1: Long time then long long time, long time, long long time.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I enjoy. I'm not patting myself on the back, but I think there's a joy and generosity, like if you take somebody out and it's like, oh, like if I go play trivia with Wendy or Melanie or you know whoever, it's like, oh well, let me get it, let me pick it up. And people, I think people find a certain joy, at least I do, and being generous. You know, I'm blessed that I can afford it. So if we were all going to go to Benny Hannah, I would buy for you guys.
Speaker 3: I don't think it occurs to them at all to like offer it. And Rick is just I think he's just not He doesn't have the like spatial awareness kind of where he'll man's plain answers to you or whatever, and then he'll go get the gift card, put it in his pocket and not even think about it. And so yesterday I honestly wanted to leave because the man's planning was thick.
Speaker 1: Can give me example of man's plaining, because I think sometimes when I explain something, I feel like I really need and I'm not to keep talking about you, But if I explain to Jenny, like Jenny, here's how this new computer app works in the radio station or whatever, I'm explaining it because Jenny needs to know. So what becomes man's plaining?
Speaker 3: So for example, I'll just talk about this, like one question about Disney princesses. They showed four pictures of princesses and then they said that you had to like order them in a timeline of their release date. And I was like, I'm gonna know this, and so I go, oh, I know this. It goes one, two, three, four, And he's like, well, actually, this, uh, this one? Are you sure about that? Because technically that's this Like no, I'm positive, I'm positive. Well maybe it could be this. No, Rick, I'm positive. So like, just take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Isn't that just a debate. I'm not trying to start something out, But isn't that just.
Speaker 3: A healthy debate? Because I mean, even when he doesn't even when he's not certain of an answer, we could think about a question like the question pops up, We'll say, well, maybe it's this, and he'll be like, no, it's not that because it couldn't be that because X Y Z. And so it's always a no, you're wrong, and let me think about it, because I know I'm going to be right, okay, And that's just kind of how he operates. And it's him, and there's other guy who was there.
Speaker 1: Let me explain how you should play trivia. The way you should play trivia is.
Speaker 4: Number one illustrating you should.
Speaker 1: You should call me, yeah and ask me how you should do pretty much everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I mean, I still go because I like being around my friend ally, but then she started bringing cross stitch, and so she's just cross stitching during trivia, don't I don't even have anyone to talk.
Speaker 2: To because she's busy, my goodness.
Speaker 3: And so then I just have to sit with her husband and all of the other man's plainers at the table. It's so fun.
Speaker 4: Well, you could just not go.
Speaker 3: I'm probably I'm gonna I go sparingly now. Yeah, so but I might bring trip next time and be like sick them or something, sick, get them, get them all right.
Speaker 1: Next email, lengthy email warnings from our friend Mike, who's a big supporter of the show, and and he says, first of all, so thankful for all of you, including Dave.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: You bring so much brightness, fun positivity each day. So appreciate all of you. Love y'all so much. Thanksgiving morning will mark my thirtieth anniversary with Northern Tool and Equipment. It has been a roller coaster, ups and down, twists and turns. With that, I've made it three decades in the same company. You and me are in the same Boat's wild thirty many great people and experiences along the way. One constant the Dave Ryan Show from back in the days of Dave Lee and Pat to Angie, then Corey Dealina to my girl Fally b to this wonderful group of Dave, Jenny Vaunton Bailey. Yes there was also Extreme Jamie, Chrisco Jackson, Steve O Drake and most awesome web girl Tina. The current DRS team is the next level and I love hearing that with each change the show is elevated. So glad you are all there sharing yourselves with us. Wrap up, Thanks for all you do and the Dave Ryan Show family like Cookie, Secretary, Bree, Benjamin, Juanita to name a few, Go forget Tony. You got to throw Tony in there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Total love y'all.
Speaker 1: Happy Thanksgiving all right, that's from Mike.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mike. Congrats on thirty years. Fam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a long time at one company.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: What's nice about that is that you don't have to learn how to do something else. You just know how to do.
Speaker 4: You know how to do everything at that point.
Speaker 1: Uh, next one, by the way, let's throw this in and this is gonna be old news by the time you hear this one. But we just heard like fifteen minutes ago, twenty minutes ago, that the CEO of United Healthcare shot and killed in New York City. They were there for a meeting, a conference, as some sort of an official.
Speaker 4: Function, like an investors meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe so. And then I don't have the details yet. I'm trying to read like the New York Times article, but it's behind a paywall. So let me see if this.
Speaker 4: Is what I have? What do you have from the Star trip? So he is he was fatally shout out outside the Hilton Homes chest in Midtown. The company leaders were gathered in New York for their annual conference for investors, and the CEO abruptly halted the meeting just after eight am, saying, we're dealing with a very serious medical situation with one of our team members. As a result, I'm afraid we're going to have to bring to a close this event, so they stopped the meeting. But he has been killed. The guy was he was shot and killed.
Speaker 2: It was targeted.
Speaker 1: Now, the first thing I thought was it's a mugging. But right away they say, and they must have known for certain that he was targeted. Now, when I say the word targeted, that's kind of open to interpretation. Did the guy wait behind a you know, a planter in the lobby, was he outside? Was he sent there? Was he hired to do it? Is he an angry relative of somebody who died because of some health related thing that they blame United health Care for. I'm sure that by the time you hear this, I mean right now, it's nine to twenty eight in the morning on Wednesday. I mean, we might know more by later on this afternoon or within an hour. But that was just shocking. Susan worked for United Healthcare for like twenty years or so, and I think it was probably a different CEO when she worked there. Yeah, but so many. I mean, they're headquartered here in Minnesota, so they're down by a Londonderry, brin and one sixty nine at least that's where they used to be.
Speaker 4: I think they are says Minnataka based in the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just shocking, Wow, just shocking. So wow, let's see if we can find out something. This is kind of a cute one. Don't say my name, okay. With Christmas around the corner, I was wondering what would be a good gift that adults would fight over for a white elephant, elephant, nothing too pricey, something under She says one hundred and fifty dollars will do, but I think she means a dollar fifty. Oh, bubbles in a bubble Wand I would say bubbles in a bubble Wand that's just off the top of my head. Don't give me that shitty look.
Speaker 3: No, I'm wondering though.
Speaker 4: If it's a hard A dollar fifty is really hard. That's almost to go. I can tell you already.
Speaker 1: One thing maybe she means fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe one thing that we got was already for our gift exchange is this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was a cores light bottle that was turned into a candle, so or a can. It's a course, I can, but there's a candle inside it. And we thought that was funny. Gosh, what was the other one? Oh? I almost bought one up in Loots in this weekend where it was a It wasn't like one of those coloring books that just say fuck, bitch and all that stuff, but it was actually like the same but dot to dot h yeah, dot, and then you could collr on top of it, so you had to do the dots to figure out what the word said, and then you can color also, And I thought that that was funny that I was going to maybe get for our exchange.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I was in a store, a very weird wizardy witchy spell store in Colorado Springs last week and I saw a stalking that said the C word on it and I would like to say that word, and it was like it and I showed it to Susan and we were both laughing, like, who would get that? But maybe that's that's probably a little.
Speaker 2: Bit too much.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you? There was this adult bingo game at the store too, we saw this weekend and it had all the words with the asterix to like obviously not show the whole word, but on the cover it had a C word that was four letters, but it ended with a P. What the fuck word is that? Andrew and I both looked at it and we're like, what filthy word? Could that be?
Speaker 2: Clap?
Speaker 4: Coop like a chicken coop? You know it was dirty because it was all like swear words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no clap, but well, if you can solve that puzzle, let us know.
Speaker 4: Is it crap? It might have been, but it was like actual swear words. It was like fuck, bitch, all that kind of stuff. So I feel like it wasn't like the two year or not two year olds, like ten year old version of poop. Yeah, but maybe I don't know. We just both looked at it, and Andrew's like, you know what it is? And I was like, no, do you? Because of course we went to like the bad sea word for Saron. Yeah. Well, now that reminds me when I said clap a minute ago. Clap is a reference to an STD I got the clap, she gave me the clap. I gave her the clap, she gad whatever. Sure, where did the word clap come from? Now I'm gonna give you a little backstory. I was in Colorado in an Old West shop, just shopping around, and I saw a book called You're Gonna Laugh My Life as a Whore, and it is a I'll read the description. The author beautifully captures the life in times of this extraordinary woman who broke barriers and defied the odds to become a successful business woman in a time when women were expected to stay in the shadows despite her chosen profession. So she was a prostitute, horror hooker, whatever, back during the gold mining camp days, like one hundred and fifty years ago in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: And they called the book My Life as a Whore because that's how she described herself. She's like, I was not a soiled dove. I was not a lady of the evening. I was a whore. And she was like and she was a bad asshole. So I bought this book because I thought it sounded really, really interesting, and I love history, and I don't know anything about prostitution back in the old days, so I bought this book. I take it up to the counter. There's a crowd of people, including a young boy looking at a cap gun or something and his mom and dad. There's ten people, and the fucking asshole behind the counter was this old guy and a fucking coonskin hat, some old fuck and he holds up the book and he goes are you sure you want to buy this? And everybody's looking at the cover My Life as a Whore, and I'm like yeah, and he goes, well.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. You read fifty Shades of Gray.
Speaker 1: This is ten times dirtier than fifty Shades.
Speaker 2: Of Gray heck. And I'm like, oh God.
Speaker 1: What a dumb motherfucker. It's kind of like if you're buying preparation h you don't want the girl at Target to hold it up and go you know, you're sure you don't want this depositories, you want the ointment for your asshole. And so he holds this up and he goes, you know, it's dirtier than fifty shades and I said, well, I'm too old to get shocked. He's like, oh, you're gonna get shocked, all right. And I'm like, bitch, can you just sell me the book without tell me how it is? And this whole you know, I'll never see any of these people again. But in the book they talk about the clap, sure, and they say that the reason that they call it the clap, and I don't know whether this is true, is when a man would get like gonorrhea or his penis tube plugged up with pus or goop or whatever. Before he could pee, he had to clap it on the side to loosen up the.
Speaker 3: I would vomit.
Speaker 2: That's why they call it the clap.
Speaker 4: You'll learn something new every day.
Speaker 2: That's what this book says.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if that's the real reason, but I'm gonna get a little bit grosser.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Grosser each time? And they said, you know, there were there were condoms of a sort back there, but but you know, but men of course never wanted to use condoms, so they would have to, like, you know, kneel in front of the man and examine his penis and they would squeeze it, and if he had some sort of disease, a tablespoon or so of goop would come out of the end of his dick.
Speaker 2: Yo, I'm just telling you what I researched. It's disgusting, it's awful.
Speaker 3: I mean, this sounded like a fascinating book until you talked about how much penis examinations there is.
Speaker 1: And pus call this penis goop and puts I dare you, no, don't know I mean much.
Speaker 4: I was going to call it the clap.
Speaker 1: The clap is a good title. Yeah, all right, let me see if I got a couple of more here going to the right tab. Okay, hold on, did do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Here's one.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if anybody ever found out of the lady that had the son in Vegas that Jenny called, Did she ever confront him or did he just she was she thought her son was a jigglow and Jenny called him and tried to set up a sex date and the guy was totally amenable to it, so he was a jiggelow. But we've never heard we haven't heard anything else.
Speaker 4: Right, No, we are not back from like the mom if she said anything to him or not.
Speaker 1: No, and that is going to put a cap on the Minnesota Goodbye called the clap And have you any comments on that one, then let us know. Send your email into Ryans Show at KDIWB dot com. Thank you for listening.