Speaker 1: Today, your bet builders hang away a thread here.
Speaker 2: Relax, Relax, they still need one more goal.
Speaker 3: Well if it loses, nov BET's got you covered.
Speaker 1: Nobe Besh is the.
Speaker 3: Home of the bet builder.
Speaker 4: This World Cup from goalscorers to cards.
Speaker 3: Get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros.
Speaker 1: In pre bets nov Bash.
Speaker 3: More power to you, Teacencys Apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gamblingcare Dot I E.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Attention, gettoheads, Attention bow scouts the pseudonym Nerdly. It's time for the soul of excellence.
Speaker 5: He is a radio host here in New York.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour is on the air.
Speaker 2: Rush Rush.
Speaker 1: Now your's James Golden.
Speaker 6: Handsome Thanksgiving Turkeys and this is their lucky day. This is a lucky day for them. But before going any further, I want to make an important announcement because you remember last year, after a thorough and very rigorous investigation by Pam Bondi and all of the people at Department of Justice, the FBI, the CIA, the White House Counsel's Office, and the Apartment of Everything. We have a department of everything, you know that is I think that's called the.
Speaker 1: White House.
Speaker 6: Into a terrible situation caused by a man named Sleepy Joe Biden. He used an auto penn last year for the Turkey's pardon. So I have the official duty to determine, and I have determined that last year's turkey pardons are totally invalid, as are the pardons of about every other person that was pardoned other than Where's Hunter. No Hunters was good? That was the one pardon pamp that was good, right, The rest of them are all invalid. I don't know what the hell you're going to do about that, but that's now We're going to take a little of the joking.
Speaker 1: That is a mess.
Speaker 6: But they're hereby nol and void. The turkey is known as peachin blossom last year, have been located and they were on their way to be processed, in other words, to be killed. But I have stopped that journey and I am officially pardoning them and they will not be served for Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 7: Welcome, my friends to the Tuesday edition of Both Lily's Rush Our Fastest our in American Media. President Trump at the annual turkey pardoning ceremony today at the House. He had jokes. The man had jokes. Let's listen then to more of that. Carlos cuts two and cuts three.
Speaker 6: The turkey's being pardoned today go by the names of Gobble and Waddle. When I first saw their pictures, I thought we should send them. Well.
Speaker 1: I was gonna I shouldn't say this.
Speaker 6: I was gonna call him Chuck a Nancy. But then I realized I wouldn't be pardoning them. I would never pardon those two people. I wouldn't pardon them. I wouldn't care what Malania told me, Darling, I think it would be a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: I won't do it, Darling.
Speaker 6: These are two of the largest turkeys ever presented to an American president, over fifty pounds each. It's the largest we've ever had. Those are big turkeys. Are they as good as the normal size turkey? Better or as good? Do they tend to be a little fatty? Maybe he said no, he know it's the turkey business anyway. Despite their size, Secretary Kennedy has formally certified that these are the first ever Maha turkeys. I don't know if I agree with that these are Maha. In other words, they could be fat, but they're still Maha. They've been fattened on a steady diet of grass beef to allow the smoothies and all of the other things that they've been eating for this occasion. This was a really big occasion, but they've eaten every fattening food that you can eat. We work like we wanted to really make them special, and they really are. They're like record setting. I've never seen a turkey that big before.
Speaker 7: So it was there a lot of fun the turkeys were there, but it also turned serious. We'll play in a while. Trump raged on Governor Pritzker twice. I only have one of them, and he raised on government Pritzker. And it's being described in some places it's a fiery, a very fiery pardon turkey, pardon speech because Donald Trump took the time to address a criminal manner in Chicago that has a lot of people upset. People around the world upset that have read about it. Another young woman, as you may know, was burned. We saw one on the subway train in New York. Well and almost it's eerily identical. Thing happened. Well, brief, it's not quite identical. This guy premeditatively had gasoline and ported on a young woman who is now fighting for her life, burned over sixty percent of her body, if memory serves me, from the stories that I've read about it, and it is just it's a horrific crime. The the alleged perpetrator in this incident was arrested for various crimes, including felonies over seventy different times. There's a judge that is now coming under a lot of heat. One of the Chicago judges, a Judge Gonzalez, who let him go. Prosecutors wanted this man. They said he was a danger, he's a threat, and the judge pretty much responded by saying, you know, look, I can't put everybody that the prosecutors want in jail. Prosecutor is pleaded, pleaded this man, this person is a risk. In fact, there's a Daily Mail story I just found that growing fury at Chicago judge who freed career criminal with seventy two arrests, seventy two arrests now accused of setting a devout Christian woman twenty six, a light on fire on a train, seventy two arrests. Her name is Teresa Molina Gonzalez. She freed the accused arsenal attack of Lawrence Reid. He's fifty years old. He had faced the judge in August on a fellony aggravated battery charge. He was accused and of slapping a social worker so hard that she was knocked unconscious inside a psych ward at McNeil Hospital. The prosecutor at the time told the judge that he needed this guy needed to remain in custody and that electronic monitoring was wholly insufficient to protect the public. It could not protect the victim. These electronic devices, ankle couldn't protect the victim or the community from another vicious, random and spontaneous attack, she told the judge. Weeks later, this guy with seventy two arrest on him set a Chicago resident, Bethany McGee, twenty six. He dumped gasoline on her while she's on a train and set her on fire. And again the judge in this case refused to listen to the prosecutors. She said, I can't keep everybody in jail because the state's attorney wants me to and she let him go. As a result, there's a woman now, young woman twenty six years old, burned sixty percent of her body. Trump did talk about that today to cut five. He was talking about Chicago, and this is one of the things that he said.
Speaker 6: He talked about the case we are moving toward doing. We're going to if crime gets it's horrible what's happened in Chicago. We could make Chicago a safe city in a period of four weeks, in a period of eight weeks, nine weeks, ten weeks, it would be totally safe. And the people of Chicago want us to go there. And if you look at the crime that's taken place in Chicago in the last two weeks, just take a look at it. So on the front page of every newspaper. It's out of control. The mayor's incompetent, and the governor is a big fat slob.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, my friend's also in the news today a few things that are important to the Ukraine. Ukraine has agreed to a peace deal. US officials is saying, now this piece deal, which by the way, a lot of princess died. Just pointed something out. She said only analysts have been saying that this couldn't happen. Well, it is happening apparently.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: We don't know yet whether Russia is going to join. We don't know, but this is the closest I think that we've come. At least one side has agreed and the talks have gone on with this idea was a twenty eight point peace plan that Trump came up with. It has been worked on now over in Europe. Europeans have gotten involved and from you read some reports, it's whittled down now to a nineteen point plan. But the latest is that today President Trump said he plans to end. His plans to end the war in Ukraine have been fine tuned. He's sending Steve with cough has Envoid to meet with Vladimir Putin, and he's sending Army Secretary Dan Driskol to meet with Ukrainian officials. He said he's suggesting that eventually he might meet with Putin and with Vladimir Zelenski, but not until further progress has been made in the negotiations. According to Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Tobert, a spokesman for the Army Secretary, the peace talks are going well. And the people in the administration are remaining optimistic. So we'll see, we shall see something else. This video that the Seditious six, and that's what they're being called now, the seditious six, these democrats that have tried to foment discord in the American military and intelligence circles. You know. Princess Diana on Saturday gave us a beautiful explanation and analysis that was just I mean, as always par excellence. And one of the things she says is that to her, this seemed like it was a CIA or another intel op. The way that this rolled out, she parsed the way it was done. First they give you their credentials as to do authority. Then then after that, and I'm paraphrasing her, comes the call to action. Oh, Donald Trump is trying to divide Americans, so now here is it. And then they go in with don't obey illegal orders. But they've already set it up as if he's doing something illegal. And this she put out kind of brilliant. It's almost like a psychological warfare, like an OP. When we get back, I want you to hear what Jesse Waters had to say about it, because the analysis is starkly. And I'm not saying he copied Diane. I'm not saying that at all, But I'm saying the parallels to what Princess Diana said and what Jesse Waters had deserved to be listened to. As we continue to deal with this, and you have these seditious six are now playing the victim. The Pentagon is opening investigation into Captain Mark Kelly, and he's the only one of the six that they can investigate because he can be recalled to active duty and court martialed if necessary. Oh yeah, so they are recalling and they are investigating him. And the Democrats, of course, are having a cow about all of this. This was an intentional act and there's no other way to look at it, and I don't know whether they expected what's happening now the ramifications of it, of course, depending on where you sit politically. The Democrats are claiming victimhood and and oh this is terrible a little but it's obvious that this isn't going down as smooth as perhaps they thought it would be. So we'll deal with that when we get back. James Golden snurdlely, don't go away, keep it right here.
Speaker 1: Rush this is The Rush Hour with James Golden. Did you know The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 8: On the Red Apple podcast network. James Golden known popularly as both sndly.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 7: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, here's what we're gonna do. We are going to We're looking right now. Carlos is just amazing. We're looking right now to see if we can find the segment where Princess Diana spoke about this op. And what we'll do is after we get through with our next break, hopefully we'll find it for you, play that and then play Jesse Waters.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 7: This is spontaneous radio, so we're looking to see if we can put that together. In the meantime, here's a generation Z notorious for not wanting to work or people talk about the work ethic before the day's over. I promised I'd find a way if we could play this cut sixteen. We had to, Ladies and gentlemen, remove some of the language here. But you'll say, I hate.
Speaker 9: When people try to make you feel bad for the fact that you don't want to work hard in this life. I don't want to work hard in this life. I don't want to have a job. I don't want to need to have to make all the same. But guess what, another decided to give birth to me and put me in this, and now I have to do it. Now I have to do it. I never wanted to do this. I never said I wanted to do this. I never asked for this. And then there's always some other that wants to pop up and be like, oh, so you think that you deserve this, that and the third just because you're alive. Yes, yes, absolutely, that's exactly what I believe, and that's exactly what the I think. I did not ask to be here. I did not tell anybody that I wanted to be here.
Speaker 3: Yet I'm here.
Speaker 9: I'm complaining for a reason. I was put here with no support. I was put here with no knowledge, and then the knowledge that I.
Speaker 10: Was giving it.
Speaker 9: It's to keep you circulating in the same cycle of not getting anywhere. They did this on purpose. I'm being told that I'm supposed to be happy to be have to be given the gift of life. I'm not happy. I'm not great well, and I don't want it. Never did.
Speaker 7: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Generation Zee at its best. I'm not happy. I didn't ask to come here. I don't want to work. I shouldn't have to work for no effing money. And no, I'm not grateful for the gift of life. Amazing. Stay right here, my friends. Fastest our in American media continues James Golden both neverly. You're listening to The Rush Hour.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 11: James Golden, known popularly as bos Nerdly.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 8: Senator Mark Kelly, Representative Chris Stilusios.
Speaker 11: Congressman Maggie Goodlanyards Representative Chrissy Hulahan, Congressman Jason Crowe.
Speaker 4: That was a captain in the United States.
Speaker 12: Navy, former CIA officer, former Navy, former paratrooper and Army ranger, former intelligence officer.
Speaker 1: Former Air Force.
Speaker 10: We want to speak directly to members of the military and the intelligence community to.
Speaker 3: Take risks each day keep Americans safe.
Speaker 5: We know you are under enormous stress and pressure right now.
Speaker 7: Americans trust their military, with that trust is at risk.
Speaker 10: This administration is pitting our uniform military.
Speaker 4: And intelligence community professionals.
Speaker 10: Against American citizens like us.
Speaker 4: You all swore an oath.
Speaker 8: To protect and defend this constitution. Right now, the threats to our constitution aren't just coming from abroad, but.
Speaker 10: From right here at home.
Speaker 4: Our laws are clear.
Speaker 10: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 4: You can refuse illegal or.
Speaker 1: You must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 11: No one has to carry out orders that violate the law or our constitution.
Speaker 10: We know this is hard and that it's a difficult time to be a public servant.
Speaker 5: But whether you're serving in the CIA.
Speaker 1: The Army, or Navy Air Force.
Speaker 4: Your vigilance is critical.
Speaker 3: And know that we have your back because now more than ever.
Speaker 13: The American people need you.
Speaker 4: We need you to stand up for our laws, our.
Speaker 8: Constitution, and who we are as Americans.
Speaker 4: Don't give up.
Speaker 1: Don't give up, don't give up.
Speaker 6: Don't give up the ship.
Speaker 4: Here's princess died from Saturday.
Speaker 5: Okay, unbelievable. Well, I want to say for the first you know part of my analysis. This absolutely needs to be analyzed because in my view, this is a amazingly sophisticated deep state operation, and I think the timing You're absolutely right, they drew when they wanted to change the subject from Epstein because the Democrats were getting blowback. But this is in my view because it doesn't really say who put this out, but it seems to have been headed by Senator Alissis Blotkin, who is a new senator from Michigan, and she is, as she says, former CIA officer, and this is color revolution CIA tactics from start to finish. I think that is as I said, it's an operation. It is completely legal, quote unquote, in that the wording is very loyally. I'm glad that this is being investigated by the military, but I don't think that they, you know, strayed from free speech protections in this case. But the message is absolutely clear, you know, it is the opposite of what they're saying. They are saying in words, to refuse illegal orders. But the message from start to finish of this is to disobey Donald Trump. And I want to just basically summarize how this goes down. In the beginning, they identify themselves and then they give their military and intelligence credentials, and so that's how they start. We are credentials. They're from the military, CIA, Nyvy, Paratrooper Army, but they name all of these things. So it starts out with an appeal to their own authority, and then they say, we are giving you new orders. This is my interpretation of what happens. When they say we want to speak directly to members of the military and the intelligence community, they are basically saying, we have a message to you from us the authorities. We are now how elected representatives, and we are from your field of military or intelligence. And so then they say this is key. They say, you know, first they compliment you take risk. You're under enormous stress and pressure right now. Americans trust the military. That trust is at risk, and listen to this. This is what Kelly says. This administration is pitting our uniform military, Slotkin says, and intelligence community professionals, Crow says, against American citizens. You have to you know, different people say this, but the sentence reads this administration is pitting our uniform military and intelligence community professionals against American citizens. So they define basically saying that Trump is giving illegal orders. He is pitting the military against American citizens. That is the charge. And then they go on immediately to remind these people they're talking to that they swore an oath to protect and defend this constitution. And then they say the threats to our constitution aren't just coming from abroad, but from right here at home. In other words, they are saying, basically, the pressure you've been put under because the you being pitted against American citizens is coming from at home. Donald Trump. They immediately then say, our laws are clear. You can refuse illegal orders. You can refuse illegal orders. You must refuse illegal orders. No one has to carry out orders that violate the law or our constitution. And then they go on to say, after they basically said where the credentials were giving you new orders, Trump is giving illegal orders, don't obey Trump. They're basically saying we will protect you. And so they're saying, whether you're in the CIA, the Army, Navy, air Force, your vigilance is critical. Now that word vigilant sounds very much like vigilanteism, and they're saying, we have your back, we will protect you. The American people need you. In other words, you will be rewarded by America if you disobey order. So that then they have this music in the background, very emotional, very patriotic, and then they have don't give up, don't give up, don't give up, don't give up the ship, which is a very big dog whistle to the military of a historic.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, analysis was Saturday.
Speaker 7: And by the way, if you do not listen to the Saturday Early Show, you should because this is the kind of analysis that you will hear from Princess Die amazing analysis every single time that she opens her mouth. Now let's go to cut ten. That was Saturday. This is Jesse Waters. I believe.
Speaker 12: Last night, so I talked to two CIA officers who said that this is a part of a larger hoax, and what they're doing here is they're trying to condition the country to prepare for something bad that's about to happen at the hands of Donald Trump. It's straight out of the CIA playbook. It's a destabilization operation where you get people to mistrust each other. And you do this because she's an analyst, and as an analyst, she would make sure what propaganda operations were successful, which ones weren't, so she knows what works. So the first part of the video, you established authority. I'm CIA, I'm military. You need to trust us. Second part of the video they introduce the threat and the threats not foreign the threats domestic, the threats Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: And then at the end they introduce the solution.
Speaker 12: What's the solution? You resist, you say no, but they don't give an option. They say, this is an obligation for you to do. Now she is being run because she didn't come up with this herself. She's a Brennan acolyte. And you usually don't have congressmen and senators doing anything together. They kind of hate each other. So in order to organize this, this's had to have had some sort of handler telling her what to do. And it was risky because nothing like this has ever been done in the history of the country. And you can even tell because the media was skeptical and they couldn't answer the question, so they hadn't even been read in on the operation. You see them fumbling and stumbling, and I'm glad that the US military is now investigating this guy Kelly, because this is what we expect from Donald Trump two point zero. You can't have the deep state interfering with a duly elected presidency and get away with it. You got to draw the line in the sand, and you have to make examples out of people.
Speaker 7: Brilliant analysis from both of them from Princes Die and of course from Jesse Waters over at Fox. There's a name to go back to the Clinton years, Buzz Patterson. Those of you that remember the Clinton years, we remember this is the guy that kind of blew the whistle on what was going on in the Clinton White House with regard to Hillary's sometimes out of control, no other word to put it, hatred of the military. Back then, Buzz Patterson spoke on this issue. That's cut nine and here is a former Air Force veteran, Buzz Patterson.
Speaker 10: Everybody, this is Buzz Patterson. I'm a retired Air Force Lieutenant colonel, retired Air Force pilot, combat veteran, and at one time I was the military aid to President Bill Clinton and carried the nuclear football and actually lived.
Speaker 4: In the White House. So I've been around.
Speaker 10: I was actually, during my military service, deployed to seventy countries and fought in three wars. So I feel like I've got a dog in this hunt. I am very appalled at what the Edition six has done with their video. I think it's a violation of their oths of office, and especially in the case of Senator Mark Kelly, I believe it's a violation of the u CMJ, and I hope that President Trump and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth hold them accountable. They are violating and they are politically using their positions to undercut the command of President Donald J. Trump, and they're circumventing the chain of command. Congress and members of Senate are not in the chain of command. President Trump is, however, is our commander in chief. So I fully support going forward with with whatever prosecutions are are warranted and legitimate, and I think they are on these on these individuals, they use their positions military and in the intelligence community to expose I think, and put it risk those of us who serve in uniform. I think what's going to happen is because they violated the military chain of command, people are going to die. They undercut the underpinnings of the military, which is good order and faith and trust in their leadership. And in my estimation, what they did was treason is and seditionist. And I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent. Again, my name is Bus Patterson. I served in combat. I've served for twenty years and I am outraged by what has happened by the Democrats. And I fear for what's going to happen to our young soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines if they choose to violate what is a legal order which will ruin their lives and ruin their careers. Thank God, guys, God bless see it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is serious business, folks. This is not just one of these other little Democrat schemes. And we need to get behind who ordered this, whose idea with this? Those questions are not being answered. Okay, quickly cut fourteen.
Speaker 4: Moving on.
Speaker 7: As you know, yesterday when we began this show, we got word that a judge had tossed the toss the cases of both James Coney and Letitia James. Pam Bondi, Attorney General of the United States, reacts to this Your.
Speaker 13: Reaction to the James James cases being dropped. Today back in Washington, James Combey put out a video he said, this matters mostly because a message has to be sent. The President of the United States can not use the Department of Justice to target his political enemies. Your reaction to the cases being dropped into that good best.
Speaker 11: Sure, We'll be taking all available legal action, including an immediate appeal to hold letitia James and James Comeey accountable for their unlawful conduct.
Speaker 4: Well, the reaction to his statement.
Speaker 11: I'm going to keep going on this. You know, I'm not worried about someone who has been charged with a very serious crime. His alleged actions were a betrayal of public trust.
Speaker 7: Yes, my friends, before we head into the next break, let me remind you something this holiday season, we'd love it if you can help the Red Apple Audio Networks feed those in need. To do that, go to Redappleaudionetwork dot com slash Turkey. Join Red Apple Audio Networks, AARP New York City, the Police, athletic lead, Christiti's and Daegostino supermarkets, and nationwide imaging services. As we delivered holiday meals more than five thousand families across the city. Go to Red Apple Audionetwork dot com slash Turkey. That's Redappleaudionetwork dot com slash Turkey. James Goldnin is thoroughly fastest our on American media.
Speaker 4: Continues. Don't go away Rush.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: It's the Rush Hour with James goldenly now your's James Golden.
Speaker 7: Yes, my friends. Before we get out of here, I just want to mention two other things. First of all, I have a correction to make yesterday with big fanfare, and I talked about it on a Saturday. I said that there had been one house that has been rebuilt from the Palisades fires out in California, out of seven thousand houses burned, and I made a big deal of it, one house.
Speaker 4: It turns out I was wrong. There's a story today.
Speaker 7: La Times ripped for Palisades fire rebuild report after permit records tell a different story. Here's the long and short of it. The house that was built was permitted before the fires, so no houses have been rebuilt.
Speaker 4: It's not one. It's zero, zero houses.
Speaker 7: And the La Times either did in fact check or didn't do, but they have been called out on their fraudulent story. Then about one house being rebuilt, it's zero after the fires. That's the correction that must be made, and glad to make it. The other is a story that you will see perhaps. Here are two headlines. One is from the Associated Press. White House circulates a plan to extend Obamacare subsidies as Trump pledges healthcare fix, the White House circulating a proposal that would extend subsidies to health consumers paid for coverage under the Affordable Care Act for more than two years as Americans face spiking healthcare costs. Bloody body, Blo, blodyy blo. Here's the other story from The Wall Street Journal. Speaker Johnson Warren's White House GOP is wary of Trump's healthcare push. Top House Republicans say most House Republicans don't have appetite for extending expiring ACA subsidies. I would like to know, and I'm very serious about this. I don't like Obamacare, never have What is your plan? If you're saying no, and you're warning Donald Trump, oh, we don't have the appetite for this you have had. Since two thousand and nine, Republicans have had a chance to tell the American people what their plan is to fix the healthcare crises. That has never stopped. It has just gotten worse in this country. I understand none of us wanted Obamacare, but ever since Obamacare was put into law, Republicans and people have been asking Republicans, what is your plan? What is your plan? What is your plan, and Republicans have had no plan zero, not one plan has been put forward by the Republican Congress to address America's health care crisis. We heard repeal and replace, and thanks to the late Arizona sen To John McCain and his scornful, revenge full action of turning down the chance to get rid of Obamacare, it's still here. Nothing has been done. Republicans. Instead of criticizing Trump, why don't you do your freaking jobs and come up with something. America has been waiting for decades for you to come up with something. Do your jobs. We played Whitney Going before you Know on this day in nineteen ninety two, The Bodyguard opened, the movie featuring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner, and of course, the soundtrack was released. The soundtrack to The Bodyguard became the best selling movie soundtrack of all time, over forty two million copies sold worldwide, and just great songs on there.
Speaker 4: We have to go.
Speaker 7: May God bless protect each and every single one of you, your families and your loved ones. Love and gratitude for being with me and for allowing me to be with you, God willing, we are back tomorrow for the pre Thanksgiving edition of Bose Nerdley's Rush Hour, the fastest hour in American media. Until then, my friends, I bid you ad.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Bo Strdley's Rush Hour.
Speaker 8: You can hear bo Nerdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 2: If you like the.
Speaker 8: Podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time.
Speaker 2: For a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 4: What the heck is going on here