Speaker 1: Well, Bailey just stepped out of the room. Oh, here she comes. All right, we're going to start to Minnesota. Goodbye, and here we go. So later today, I'm lucky enough to get to go to that. I think I told you yesterday. I have the heart scan and the calcium monitor and all that stuff. And I hope that they don't do the the what is it when they stick the needle in the ivy in the back of your hand. I don't know. Well, I think they do, because I think they have to put the blue dye or something in your heart and your lungs and whatever. Oh, I don't know, but I've had it done before, and I think that they stick a needle in your in your hand, and I have very thin skin on the back of my See you got fatty little on the back of your hands there you have a lot of skin and cushion. I got nothing but skin and like bones, nothing, there's nothing there. And so they're digging around from my vein under there. I hate it. I hate the feel of a like a thing in my vein. And then you get to go in the little like an MRI booth or whatever, and then they start scanning. Yeah, that's my.
Speaker 2: Day to day MRI booth and everything.
Speaker 1: See, I don't mind MRIs. A lot of people are like they freak out because you're in it. You ever had an MRI, Jenny, No, I am.
Speaker 3: So terrified the day I have to have one, though happens. Why Because it's just something that I know would give me anxiety. I would feel claustrophobic. I would start like panicking, and I know you got to just like, don't you have to just sit still for like like.
Speaker 1: A thirty minute hour? Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I would hate it.
Speaker 1: I've actually fallen asleep during my MRIs.
Speaker 3: There's two different types of people I think that get MRIs. It's you who fall asleep and me who is like having a panic attack.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you know that you're going into a tube. You're sliding in on a little table that you go into the tube, and there's a lot of thumping and a lot of noise. But I just close my eyes and forget that I'm in a tube, and then my mind tells me, well, I've got my eyes closed, I can't see that I'm enclosed, and then I might as well be in you know, just on a table in an open room. Yeah, so it doesn't bother one never had one?
Speaker 2: No, I don't want one.
Speaker 1: Well, no, nobody wants one. Yeah, here we go, Hello Dave, Ryan Crue from Hannah. A question directed toward day but really all can answer. Under what context? Would you call your child the C word or a bitch in a literal, non joking way, Just asking because my dad called me these names, and I was just wondering, as a dad to two daughters, would you ever call your daughter that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, no, that is a bad dad. I did say once to Carson, fuck you Carson. And that was about a year ago. And I've told this story before on the podcast because I get so mad at Carson because he's so noncommunicative sometimes, and so, you know, I'm a dad and I want to talk to my son and so he's out on the patio and he's wearing some colorful pair of pants and I'm like, Carson, what's up with your pants? And I said, let me see him and he goes their pants and I said, fuck you, Carson, and I stormed inside and I was so mad because this wasn't this is like after a childhood of one word answers and he's now twenty three. He turns twenty four on April first, and is like, make conversation, you know, like i'd be in Colorado and I call him, like, Hey, put Carson on the phone. Hey buddy, what are you doing? Nothing? What have you been doing all day? Nothing? All right? Cool? All right? So you doing anything this weekend? No? And I god, fuck a, just fucking give me something. So but I would never call my daughter or my son the sea word or a bitch, not even I might say bath of your Oh, Beth, you're a bitch. Yeah, but I would never say the sea word. Yeah, that's not a funny joke. And I would never say I might say to Alison, oh, Alison's being a little bitch today, and she would laugh. But no, for your dad, no good dad would never call his daughter or his wife a bitch or a sea word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: My dad has never called me those things. Sorry that your dad is that that's a bummer. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: My favorite swear word is fuck. And I don't believe in acupuncture either. Absolutely love everything you guys do, all right, From Hannah, I needed to write about my experience as Caitlin about with a hypnotist because we were talking about hypnosis at our post prom in high school. We would have a hypnotist come and do a show where we could volunteer to be hypnotized. I volunteered the whole time. I consciously knew what was going on, but I couldn't tell myself to do anything other than what he was saying to do. At one point, he said, stand up in front of the audience. Imagine you're at a petting zoo and everybody in the audience is an animal. I opened my eyes, I saw all of my friends in the audience, and I started sobbing hysterically. I remember making eye contact with one of my friends, who in my mind was now a goat at a petting zoo.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: He had to walk me back to my chair and put me under for the remainder of time because I was so traumatized. It was the weirdest experience. Whoa, whoa, it is right. Then she goes on to say, I've always had an issue with sleeping growing up. I would sleep walk and almost have the same experience. I'd walk around my room in the middle of the night and tell myself to go back to sleep. I knew it was the middle of the night, but my brain wouldn't let me and would continue to walk around. So the hypnotist was a very similar experience to sleepwalking for me. Anyway, Thanks for being awesome, Caitlin.
Speaker 2: I wondered could we talk about that on like the regular show too, about people who've been hypnotized. I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: People, because that is.
Speaker 2: An interesting story. And now I want to know from anyone else who's been hypnotized. If there is a lot of people. Maybe there is not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's well, maybe we can write that down and bring that up, is like we can do. Is it's an old radio bit. Is anybody listening who has been genuinely hypnotized? Right?
Speaker 2: Because this person sounds like that's been genuinely hypnotized genuinely.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Cool, it also sounds traumatic in general.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bring this up because she talked about sleeping. I'm listening to a podcast called The Backstory, and I'm gonna find it for you. She's a radio woman out of New York and she's got the most amazing delivery and voice. Okay, give me one second, because it's there's short little episodes like eight or nine minutes. The backstory with Patty Steele. And Patty Steele is like a New York rock DJ, and she's probably, I don't know, got to be in her fifties. She's been around forever and she's just got this really cool voice. And she did an episode yesterday. I was down at Snap Fitness. I'm on the treadmill or the stair stepper, and she's talking about how did we sleep before the light bulb? And I'm like, what, Well, now we wait until it's dark and it's nine o'clock, ten o'clock, the light bulbs are on, and then when we're ready to go to sleep, we turn it off. We go to sleep, and then in the morning we wake up and if it's dark outside, we turned the light on. Well, how did we do that before the invention of the light bulb one hundred or so years ago?
Speaker 2: Candles?
Speaker 1: Yes, but she says candles were tricky and didn't gave a lot of light. So here's apparently how we slept for thousands of years before there was electricity. We'd go to bed at about early, like seven o'clock or so. We'd wake up at about ten or eleven, and we'd work or do something until about three. Then we'd go to sleep at three and sleep until it was light outside.
Speaker 2: How can we work and do something if it's.
Speaker 1: Dark light candles, I get. I don't know. That's a good question. But it was really interesting because she's like, how did we never talk about this? That they called it second sleep? So people would get up and eat and go socialize or do something and then go back to bed at about three o'clock in the morning and then have their second sleep until the sun came out.
Speaker 2: Sounds kind of nice, okay, I think?
Speaker 1: So all right, that's a personal one Jennifer about my favorite World War two books, and I will not bore everybody with answering that one on the podcast, So let's scroll back up here. Here is one. I agree with Bailey that the topic of men shaving their chest hair is interesting, so I asked my husband see a screen shot. I thought you might have get kick out of the answer. Happy Friday, Junior, here we go, she says on via text message screenshot. The radio's doing a bit where they ask men why do they shave their chest hair? So that makes me curious, why do you shave your chest hair, babe. His answer keeps down on smell and makes me look thinner. Hmm. Oh my god. I didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't that that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense with smell though, because like, if I go too long without shaving my armpits, I do think they smell worse, so then I have to shave them. I do think that. Here's a hot take. I feel like men should not necessarily like shave their armpits, but at least like trim it because long armpit hair is so nasty to me, really, yeah, because then it gets like sweaty and wet and yeah, that's true gross, and when it touches you, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't really give a lot. I like, some hairy guys are just gross. I mean you see like a guy at the beach or the guy at the pool or something, and he's just hairy, like more skin, more hair than skin is showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know a couple of people like that do. Yeah, but like they can't help it.
Speaker 1: No, they can't help it.
Speaker 2: So I definitely think landscaping is important regardless from head to toe. Landscaping is important.
Speaker 1: Good to know, all right, here we go next one from Juanita. Here comes our weekly rant, and make sure I get all the buttons pushed correctly, and I think we're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, So I'm trying to get my boss to let me he take a Friday out so I can come down to the station with some Crumble cookies and we can do the mixtape game. But he acts like the company's gonna crumble if I'm not there on a Friday, So I'm a bitch.
Speaker 5: Anyway. My brand for this week is about my big ass son and his big ass friends. So now that the basketball season is over, go Huskies.
Speaker 4: My son and his buddies usually go up to the Wine and they usually shoot around or go work out or whatever. So one day my son texts me and asks me if I could come pick him and his friend singular up so I can give his friend the ride home.
Speaker 5: So I said, okay, cool. So I get up to the wy and my son and his friend are coming out. Mind you, my.
Speaker 4: Son is fifteen and he's six three. The friend that came out is about the same height, but behind them was about five or six more boys that are also about the same hike, so they're all walking up to my truck, I'm like, what the hell is y'all going? They're like, well, can you give us a ride home to t So I'm like, y'all's not fitting in here? Now I got a U kind of nolly and it's not the Excel is just the regular one. So all of a sudden, all my doors are opening, all these kids are piling in. So now I got kids on the floor, kids sitting on top of each other. So now I'm riding around and over looking like I'm fucking smuggling teenagers. But what I want to know is why the hell of the kids today so fucking big?
Speaker 5: They're huge.
Speaker 4: There's no way in the fifteen year olds back in the day, we're not damn near the same size of shack. Now, all of a sudden, I have to rend might break my neck to try to look up just to talk to a kid.
Speaker 5: God damn it.
Speaker 4: What the fuck are they putting in the milk these days? Well that's my rant for this week. I hurt you guys.
Speaker 5: Do you get it? Okay? I know that was lame. Well, I'll talk to you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Love you bye, love you back.
Speaker 2: I feel you want to it a because I work in a high school and I when I walk in and it's like dismissal time, and all the kids are walking around me, I feel like a salmon going upstream. They are all so so tall. I know, maybe like a handful that are my height or smaller. Everyone else is taller than me, and I feel like a small, little baby person, even though I think I'm an average hype woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna read some reasons. I just went on Google and googled why are kids taller now? Here we go, children are generally taller now than in the past due to improvements in nutrition, health care, and sanitation, leading to better growth and development. Here are some detailed explanations. Improve nutrition. Better access to a variety of nutrition's foods have reduced rates of malnutrition and have allowed children to reach their full genetic potential for height. Wow, I do know that, you know. I was reading some about the Civil War and they're talking about how tall the average soldier was back during the Civil War five foot six. Wow, So one hundred and fifty, one hundred and sixty hundred and eighty years ago whatever, they were five foot six and a tall man was five foot ten. Yeah, so because back then you had everything from like childhood diseases, no vaccinations, poor nutrition. They ate a lot of lard and salt back then a lot of bacon, pickles, bright. So better health care leads to lower infant mortality rates and fewer childhood diseases that can stunt growth, better sanitation and hygiene, better brain sensory discovery. Okay, whatever that is, genetic factors, historical context. Data on human height from the past is often limited to specific groups like soldiers or criminals, which may not accurately reflect the entire population. So, like I just said, soldiers, yep. And rural versus urban. Research suggests that rural children in wealthy countries are now slightly taller than kids in cities due to improvements in nutrition and health programs in rural areas. So it's basically health and wellness has gotten better, allowing us to thrive more.
Speaker 2: I always say there's something in the water. It's because they're eating all the processed foods, but it's actually because their nutrition is better. That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it really is. I'm average height. I'm five foot ten. I think I've shrunk a little bit, maybe, like a quarter of an inch and or half an inch.
Speaker 2: My mom shrunk like three inches three inch. She's so tiny because she's shorter than me now. And I remember her being I mean maybe she was five six or something, but she's little now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened. Well, they say little old lady and little old man, because as you get older, your spine compresses. And so this is why I laid down a lot, so my spine won't compress.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 2: Not just because you're.
Speaker 1: Lazy or I'm lazy. And that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails in to Ryan Show at katiew dot com. We'd love to get you on tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye. And if you want to get a sticker, a staff rider sticker to stick on the side of your yetti or your Stanley, or your computer or your car, your garage, beer fridge, or whatever, then make sure you send your address also and we'll take care of you. Ryan's Show at KDIWB dot com