Speaker 1: Going back to eve sports ratio June the twelfth. I mean the year is blowing by twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday.
Speaker 1: Phone numbers five zero two five seventy nine hundred, five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. This is Sports Talk seven ninety kr D. Of course we've got Shannon behind the glass. We've got a beautiful just a beautiful day outside. I stepped out.
Speaker 2: It's humid warm.
Speaker 1: I love it that way, and gonna be very nice. We'll get rain again this weekend. I don't know what's happened to the weather pattern, but if anyone's checked their phone for next week, it's going to rain all week. I mean it's almost July. My grass looks like I've got an irrigation system. It's unbelievable. But welcome back to the show. Let's bring on my younger son, Anthony.
Speaker 2: How are you? What's going on new?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm great this morning. I'm looking out the window and I can I can see that irrigation station you got going outside right now. You know, folks, I'm gonna go ahead and throw a give throw my dad on the bus. I think, you know, every morning I wake up the grass is wet, and I don't think it's from the dew outside. I think we're just it might be over watering a little bit. Man, gotta let it breeze. Sometimes you drowned it out there.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So now you're saying I have an irrigation system. Yes, sprinklers, if they come by my house, it looks like nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that's all there is too.
Speaker 1: It looks like it looks like the sixties. If you're watching the sprinkler go back and forth. It waters my driveway in sidewalk more than my grass.
Speaker 2: That's just the facts, but it is what it is. This home did not have one, and I'm not putting one in.
Speaker 1: So those are the facts. But anyway, welcome back. We've got some business. I gotta take care of first answers. I want people to know. Tomorrow seven forty five will have the one and only Dwayne Casey from a Kentucky wolle Okay, former Detroit Piston head coach, Toronto raptorhead coach. We'll be on the Eve Sports Radio at seven forty five talking a little bit about these NBA playoffs.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be an interesting time tomorrow. Make sure you don't miss that.
Speaker 1: Also June twenty third or twenty fifth, Pat Kelsey's basketball camp. Want to make sure that everyone knows for men and women, have a great time, have an opportunity to meet the players, interact with some of the Cardinals and coach Kelsey. So let's don't miss that. A lot of good things going on in the community. We're gonna throw the national news to you, but I just wanted to get those two little tidbits out of the way. Both of them fantastic opportunities to learn about basketball. I don't know how much basketball are NBA players know, Anthony, which we're going to get into legitimately, Guys, I'm going to tell you some pet peeves of mine, Coach Crumbs, Coach Schmid's at Ballard that I'm watching through an NBA games that lets me know that something's not right.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna speak about that.
Speaker 1: Of course, Game three and the NBA will definitely speak about that, Anthony. We've also got College World Series, which you're gonna take care of. And if you don't know it or not, when I said I got the greatest job in the world, YEP, on my taxes. I did right off a portion of my basement. It is my office, and I am sitting here right now watching Bryce and d Chambeau Anthony on the range at the US Open. It's going to be carnage. I cannot wait. It's gonna be carnage. That's all that I'm gonna tell you. This course is so hard, I just can't wait. I'm sitting here right now. It started well at first tea time was six forty.
Speaker 2: Five this morning.
Speaker 1: So they're out right now playing the US Open. So we're going to definitely.
Speaker 2: Talk about that.
Speaker 1: So we got all kinds of things going on. Trinity, Pleasure riche part.
Speaker 2: Justin. I like to see a Louisville baseball final. I want to see PRP and Trinity, and everybody knows I'm.
Speaker 1: Pulling for PRP. That's all there is to it. Leisure rich Park, that's all justin County school system. Boy, that's just the bottom line. But both teams. I want to see them get to the finals, both teams. So anyway, let's just start last night's game. Anthony, my pet Peeve. We're gonna talk about the game. We're gonna listen to a little clip that we have. When you've got the clip ready, Shanon, let me know, because I know you've got to reload that when you're ready for people to listen to the tape. I since you let me know you're ready, Let's listen to Mandarin a little bit. Anthony, we off the bench, twenty two year old, are one of six players to score these many points in the finals, and some of the other names. And you're saying Kobe Bryant, Lebron James when you say names like that, and it's kind of impressive. So let's listen to a little tape of Mandarin going crazy last night against Oklahoma City Thunder. Now, I got you, I got you. I understand it'll be with us in the second I work channing. You all just don't know, guys, I work. When you get it going chan and just play it. I'm gonna go to my pet Peeves and when I hear it, I will stop. Anthony, were watching the game last night. Cason Wallace did it once. Who's the other player, Anthony? They did it in the second half, took the ball out of bounds, threw it in and TJ McConnell stilled the ball. Yeah, Crusoe. Guys, listen to me. It's not that they turned the ball over. I don't mind that that happens.
Speaker 2: Not that they turned the ball over, it's that they were.
Speaker 1: Taking the ball out of bounds underneath the backboard. Guys, listen to me, and girls, when you go to a basketball camp and you're hearing all the instruction, if they allow your kids to take the ball out of bounds underneath the backboard, they've never been told, simple flat dad fact. They've never been told. Okay, let's play it. Let's see we can.
Speaker 4: George's still off the sea, I can make Yackam's gonna try again.
Speaker 1: Three pointer.
Speaker 4: McConnell of the rebound, touch passing side napper and lays it up.
Speaker 2: On him Smith.
Speaker 4: It's a math Ron shot. Lockett seven man pulls up jump shot his card after and off the bench with a couple of buckets. Connell pushes kicks it out, Mathrons bakes fires Head's a free Mathrons seven points of three minutes.
Speaker 3: Off the bench.
Speaker 4: I'm a thunderneaed time out. Yeah, okay, see sees a little bit out of rhythm. They've got to settle down here, say are Bathurn goes in strong and finishes. Mathron huge spark off the benchman Screa.
Speaker 1: I think everyone they get the point, Anthony, I think they get the point. Matthern just went crazy last night on Okay see twenty two years old. Very good player, very good player, can score the ball. So Anthony, let's go back to the two steals. I do love the Pacers for one reason. I still am leaning with my OKC thunder. I'm not rolling over on them yet, Anthony. It's not looking good.
Speaker 2: But I'm not rolling over yet. But they're gonna have to figure out the pressure defense.
Speaker 1: Indiana plays like Coach beards Howard University, Danny Crumb's University of Louisville, Rick Patino's can take You Wildcats and University of Louisville, Jerry's.
Speaker 2: North Carolina A and T and Simmons College. They pick you up and they work you.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean they're going to steal the ball or turn you over, but they wear you out. And my first question to you shake Guilders Alexander, he's a bad man, Anthony, He's really good. The last five minutes of that game. What was he doing at every break? Bending over both hands on pants and knees trying to get his breath, and they just wore the young man down. The constant pressure of always making him work ninety four feet just wore him down. And okay, so she's going to have to find a way to alleviate that. That's just a bottom lot. I don't want everybody understand Michael Jordan didn't have to work with that kind of pressure bringing the ball up for They need to find a way to get shake Gildgs Alexander the ball in scoring position Anthony, where he doesn't have to bring him seven, where it doesn't have to do ninety four feet of work to beat you.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's doing his job, Anthony.
Speaker 1: He's a bad man, but o case, he needs to help him because he was flat dam out of gas.
Speaker 2: There was shot it three times in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: I want people to know, if you've never played in a real game and people are really after you, yes, you do get bottom line and that young man worked. Okay, so he's gotta figure that out or they're going to lose this series.
Speaker 2: What do you think percent?
Speaker 3: I mean we even saw I even saw that the eight mid of Mark he just looked like he was worn down. He's their play style that they're playing, even in Game three, is just not a sufficient play style. It's a lot of isolations obviously, SGA and I hate to say it, I know people talk about it, that foul bait and stuff isn't going to keep on going, especially on the road games regular season. He got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Something, So you know something's going on, and stay closer to wherever because I lost.
Speaker 2: You and you're going in and out.
Speaker 3: Yes, near me right now? Okay, yeah, no, no, you go ahead. Yeah, We're just talking about a lot of the Their play style just isn't a sufficient play style. That's the biggest thing that we've been We've been watching and we saw even in Game three, a lot of isolation, a lot of standing and watching. They didn't run the floor super well in Game three either, and obviously you can kind of see the fatigue hitting in on SGA a lot, obviously, because Indiana has such depth when it comes to the starting lineup and bench. Defensively, I think Indiana has showed that they are one of the better defending teams in the NBA, especially on guard and wing defenders. Big man, we haven't seen as much because they haven't played that many good bigs in the playoffs other than Karl Anthony Town he has a turn seed to like to play like Moles Turner and shoot all threes. So he's not a real force in the game when it comes to that, when it comes to that presence. But when they go through you know, Bendic Matherden, Aaron Aaron E. Smith rynd Aaron Nimhard, they have options that they throw out there. They'll try to throw Halliburton on there from time to time, even though he is kind of their their weaker league on defense, he stepped up to the plate and has played better defensively as well. Obviously they try to switch on him and use him as a mismatch. Same thing when they put Thomas Brian in when it comes to the guard switching off on bigs and pick and roll situations. But they picked up on that and they are able to throw fresh bodies at him, and it Sj's playing thirty five minutes in the finals game getting picked up in ninety four feet. No matter what kind of shape you're in, it wears you down. It would wear down Steph Curry to. It might look a little bit better, it might look.
Speaker 2: A little bit easier, but it played forty.
Speaker 3: Forty Oh, guz right.
Speaker 2: Oh, without a doubt. Guys, he's playing his guts out.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the coach has to They must make adjustments. You he can play forty two minutes, Shake Gildea. Dexander is young enough to play forty two minutes in a final, but not with the work of bringing the ball ninety four feet and scoring it. That's the problem. Okay, So he has That's the thing. I didn't factor him with Indiana. They're gonna work him every time he has the ball. So they're going to have to take Shaye off the ball. They're gonna have to do just like Chicago did. Michael Jordan's let him receive the ball top of the key, free throw line, extended elbow, low block, just like Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan. Everybody knows. They look like to let him work players without working the ball up the floor. If so, Indiana's gonna be if they do not correct that. If they think Shay has to have the ball ninety percent of the time and bring it up the floor play forty.
Speaker 2: Two minutes, They're gonna get beat. Indiana's gonna win World championship. All there is to it.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna have to watch some adjustments. I just can't believe what I'm watching.
Speaker 2: But back to the pet peeve.
Speaker 1: Parents, when you have your son or daughter playing, when they take the ball out of bounds, they.
Speaker 2: Must clear the backboard.
Speaker 1: It allows them to throw full court passes like West until it allows them to end the ball of the bound and balance the ball with the overhead pass, not just a chess pass. Are bounce past. It opens up all three factions when you stand underneath guys. Okay, so he was throwing the ball away. I love TJ. McConnell, hard worker, but he's six feet tall, he's got short arms. Guys, he's catching the ball because they're studying underneath the backboard trying to inbound it. That's Kindergarten one oh one. And those two mistakes, Anthony, were huge. In a game like this, you can't make those kind of mistakes, Okay, See, you just can't.
Speaker 2: It shows that.
Speaker 1: You're intelligence about the game, especially the full court game that no one does. My question, Anthony, for everyone, why teams do not press Saint John's this year? We can say what we want. Saint John's's team wasn't a great great team if you look at them position by position, But they apply pressure, they work teams. They're better collect I believe then they are singularly, but people will not press. I'm telling you you watch college games today.
Speaker 2: I'll run my offense, you run yours.
Speaker 1: We're gonna run back, clap the Florida half court and play tough half court defense. I just don't understand it, Anthony, when the success teams have had from UCLA to the University of Louisville, to the Georgetowns with John Thompson, to the Rip Patinos in Kentucky and at Louisville, I just don't get it. I just don't want people don't end. We're watching it now in the NBA. We're watching the pressure affect people.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: So that's one factor. And we're at seven twenty. We're gonna get the break. When we come back, we're gonna talk about bench play. In Indiana's bench play is superb. That's just one thing. They come in, they've got the green light, they come in with the attitude to want to score, and we're gonna talk about that after the break. It's seven twenty June, the twelfth guys, the years just flying by.
Speaker 2: This is the sports radio. We'll talk to you in a minute.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven twenty four. You need to get to work, you need to start to move. June to twelfth, Thursday, twenty twenty five. Anthony bench scoring. They doubled them forty nine to twenty four.
Speaker 2: I do believe. Yeah, that's no.
Speaker 1: Let me correct that to eighteen. Forty nine to eighteen. Unbelievable bench scoring difference. Indiana's bench.
Speaker 2: They play with.
Speaker 1: Confidence, they believe in themselves, and coach Carlisle allows them to shoot the ball readily.
Speaker 2: I think Indiana's success is their bench play. Guys.
Speaker 1: I want to let you all know something though I can't help him. His name is Motivan, he is Maxwell Moldovan. I think he's from Ohio State, Georgia. I'm not sure. He just got an eagle Anthony on a four hundred and fifty four yards part four. He hits it in on his second shot. He's minus two. I said, the courser is gonna tear them up. Maybe it's not. That's unbelievable. But anyway, the US Open is on, USA, turn it on. I just like I love to see pro golfers look like myself. That's all trying to hit it out of the rough, hacking its sideways and backwards. So anyway, Anthony bench scoring, is that going to be the key in the playoffs this year for the Pacers.
Speaker 3: It's it's definitely gonna be one of their determining factors. But more so it helps them on the defensive side. Obviously they're defensive factors, bring offensive scoring, but they bring that different spark that they need through different spenders at SGA and Jalen Williams and shit their key players to kind of slow them down, to wear them down throughout the game. I said this even in the last year. I said the Pacers are the one team that doesn't need a superstar of winning games. Halliburton has doesn't have to play well for them to win games. The games that he does play well, they solidify their wins. We've seen that the games he goes out there, and almost tis true. He was the one who says short of a triple double last night, they have double digit wins. That's almost every almost every game, it's almost a double digit win the games out there. In the games that he goes out there and they're kind of average, kind of mediocre games. The games are a lot closer, or they struggle or they lose in their games, but they are still closely contested games. That's the only different factor about the Pacers, which is a nice thing to have to where they know that it's it's a lot easier pressure. You know that you don't have to go out there and just put the entire team on your back to get games done. SG if he doesn't go out there and perform, okay See probably has no chance. I'm gonna just be realistic. I like okay See as a team, but if ACA is not putting up twenty five plus points a game, they're not even close in the majority of their games. And that's just how they work, and that's how most teams work with their superstars. We saw it the same way with the Nickson Bronson and Karl Anthony Towns. When they struggled, they lost games. Luckily, they had help from mikeel Bridges and Ogianna Nubies to kind of help that supporting cast. But the more that I see okay See play, the more I see how much of the supporting cast doesn't do as much as we thought they do outside of.
Speaker 2: You know, talk about Chad right, talk about he's been horrible.
Speaker 3: He's been horrible, and and and he got saved this offseason. I say he got saved in Isaiah Hartenstein signed with him to give them a more physical five to help guard the big men in the West.
Speaker 2: And that's why I thought they'd win this seasonly, yes.
Speaker 3: But Hardenstein break back hard, yeah, of course, but they they don't play hard done enough in the finals to be a factor because his scoring ability is a little bit on the low side. You know, he's kind of a he likes a little the little mid range floater. He does hooks you out from time to time. When he does play more aggressively, he does score the ball. But I just don't think they like him in the system. I think, okay, so he just wants to kind of outscore people. They really haven't guarded that well. Even in the finals. They're giving up a lot of points. They gave up one hundred and seventeen last night, exactly the game of four. They've given up triple digits in every game. And I'm not saying that's an easy thing to do, because it's hard to keep a team in the nineties, but at the same time be the number one defensive team.
Speaker 2: They're getting killed.
Speaker 3: By bench scoring more than anything else. You're getting killed by backups technically to be the number one defensive team.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, both teams are averaging one hundred and seventeen points a game, Anthony, So the Pacers are at one sixteen O case he didn't do its job, But you're a hundred percent correct if Shay Guilties doesn't do everything for that team. For some reason, I thought there were more balanced, but when Chad playing the way that he's playing, they're not.
Speaker 2: I like Williams. Williams is playing well for them, but they're gonna have to find.
Speaker 1: A way when you, Anthony, as a team, when Oklahoma City can shoot forty seven percent from the two, forty five percent from the three, and seventy seven percent from the free throw line, shoot thirty three throws to your opponent twenty two and get beat, that's not a good sign. Let me explain that to people again. Oklahoma City last night shot forty seven percent from the field, forty five point five percent from the three, seventy sixty seven percent from the free throw line, and was twenty for thirty twenty three for thirty when Indiana was nineteen for twenty two.
Speaker 2: And lost by doubles. That's not good, guys. That's what scares me. Now.
Speaker 1: I still think okay Se can win it. This is the reason why, Anthony. When Oka See Game two beat the Pacers, they have control of the game.
Speaker 2: They control the entire game and the pace.
Speaker 1: Indiana has to always have a flurry to come and get you to beat you. And it's like, okay See lets down for that three minutes in the third quarter, in the first two or three minutes of the fourth and allows the Pacers to be up to one. But other than that, Okase can control tempo. That's why I'm not rolling over yet. But Game three Friday must win for OKAC. Most of the time, when teams go up tow to one, Anthony, they win the series. When teams go up three to one, it's almost a wrap. So Friday Night's game is okay season, entire season. They have to get a road win. They have to get a road win. Indiana did what they had to do in Game three. If they win in Game four, it's a rap. The Pacers will get their first World championship and I'll be jealous, simple as that, really jealous. So anyway, we're at seven point thirty. I hate to tell you all, I'm sitting here watching the US Open people hitting it out of the rough, hitting it out of the church pews.
Speaker 2: They've got a different kind of set of at Oakmont, Anthony, and.
Speaker 1: The greens are so fast. When we come back, I'm gonna let you do the national news and you're gonna describe what you showed to me last night on the practice green at Oakmont Country Club. This is radio on numbers five zero two seventy nine hundred. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to the sports radio seven thirty five. Unbelievable how quickly time passes. That's when you're old.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Is the sports Radio for numbers five zero two, five seventy nine hundred, Anthony National News.
Speaker 2: Take your time and let's hear what's going on. We've done a lot of things. Bryson d. Chambeau just teed off.
Speaker 1: He was very fortunate that he hit it to where the gallery.
Speaker 2: Had been standing.
Speaker 1: So I see eighty five percent of his ball and he's very fortunate off the first tee. But they're playing the US Open at Oakmont. Of course, I would love just to go see. I wouldn't want to play that course for anything in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't have enough balls to play that course anyway. I would lose up three balls a hole. So I've run out.
Speaker 1: But I can't wait to watch the carnage it's going to happen to these pro golfers these four days. I can't wait. So Anthony National News, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously we're still gotta get into We didn't forget about that tour and twenty five Clark pomp and Shop Baseball All State Tournament, and obviously we got two We got two Louisville teams in there in that semi final right now. They will be playing June thirteenth. First game will be at four pm. We'll have our you know, the Trinity sham Ross taking on Boyd County and at four o'clock game, and then in seven thirty, and then we got at that seven thirty game. We do have m Kracking County versus.
Speaker 2: P r P.
Speaker 1: I think Boyd has defeated Trinity this year. I'm not sure Trinity is even the favorite. It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a good they're the Trinity is the two seed, Boyd County is the three seeds, so they're still the favorite. Okay, the p RP isn't the favorite against the Cracking County and PRP is secondly ring thirteen Mkracking County is number six, So Trinity is a favorite to win state championship. Currently PRP is an underdog in the game against the Cracking County. What you know, seeding doesn't really mean anything. We've seen that through every sport in the world. The seating really doesn't matter that much. We've seen eight seeds win national championships and high school sports. Obviously it's just.
Speaker 2: The luck of the day.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we're the number one seed at ballot and we lost in the elite eights, so it happens. Seeding doesn't mean anything, true.
Speaker 1: No, that's a fact. I'm just pulling for Pleasure Ridge Park, that's all. I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: The place will be packed. Justin County will show up. Trinity.
Speaker 1: Great fans support, great fans support Pleasure Ridge Park. The entire community is going to be in Lexington, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. Good luck to all the young men. I just love getting around when I say the dark side. But Trinity's young men that put in all the work in the world. They pushed themselves. They've got great academics, and they work very hard at what they do. So best of luck to both teams. PRP best of luck today and we'll wait and see what happens over the weekend.
Speaker 3: What else do we have, man, Yeah, of course, and obviously everyone knows that score last night that Pacers did defeat the thunder one sixteen to one oh seven to take a two to one series lead in that Game four will be in Indiana this Friday, that we playing again at eight thirty as well before they play that game five and back in OKC on Monday, so there'd be a two game break after Game four, but the next game will be played tomorrow night, So short turn round for these guys, and hopefully Indiana can get it done at home and take that three to one series lead. But obviously another news if we can't forget about if they do.
Speaker 2: It's over though ending.
Speaker 1: If they go up three to one, Indiana's gonna win their first NBA championship. And I love the ringsmiths Dale Davis, Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson team.
Speaker 2: But this could be it. If they win Friday, the Pacers have a chance.
Speaker 1: Pascal Siakaim will get his second World championship. And you'll have to we will have to give the city of Indianapolis a lot of credit.
Speaker 2: That's all there is to it, because.
Speaker 1: I want people to know here they they were selling tickets on the street. They were trying to get ownership packages for anyone to help keep the Pacers in the NBA.
Speaker 2: They struggled back in the seventies. Was not easy.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to the Pacers and everything that's gone with that program. So yes, now it's not over the Anthony, I'm still leaning with OKC. If OKC wins Friday, they win the series, it'll be two two.
Speaker 2: They'll go home and go up three to two. Indiana will tie it up three to three, and then OKAC will win it at home in Game seven.
Speaker 1: But they must win tomorrow night. It's a must win for Okay. See must win so great basketball. Honestly, at least both teams get up and down the floor. Anthony, Yes, Oklahoma does too much ice old basketball for my opinion, But I still love Shay Gildicks.
Speaker 2: He's he's he's young.
Speaker 1: Wait till he mature and really gets in the weight room, and they find ways to get him the ball on the big box. You find ways to get him the ball on the elbow and free throw line extended. You find ways to get him the ball at the free throw at the top of the key with a live dribble, Anthony.
Speaker 2: He then will be unstoppable.
Speaker 1: But right now they're just making him do so much work that it's really unfair. If he is not superman, they can't win all theirs too.
Speaker 2: So let's move on, and let's move on college.
Speaker 1: We've got University of Louisville and can't believe it, Murray State.
Speaker 2: In the College World Series. Murray State, that's the Cinderella Anthony, the Murray.
Speaker 3: Did you see the police I sens you about Murray State's baseball team.
Speaker 1: No, I did not.
Speaker 3: Murray State has one of the small stadiums in college baseball, hold eight hundred people, and they said that their baseball team was almost so uninfunded that their head coach used to cut their own grass the entire season.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great head.
Speaker 3: He cuts their infield in outfield by himself before every game. It's on there. I sent you a post. It's on Instagram. It's all over the place. Only eight hundred people's dadium story and he cuts the grass himself for Marray State.
Speaker 1: Anthony, that's that's the story. I did not see that. I'm so glad you brought that up. I want people that's the story. I mean, everyone knows. I've been vocal. I want athletes to get paid. I was an athlete, and I want athletes.
Speaker 2: To get paid. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk quite a bit about that tomorrow with Dwayne Casey, but in what's going on in college athletics. But Anthony, I did not see that post. But that is the epitome of college sports. I'm going to find out about that. I can't wait. I'm gonna read on that because that's Anthony sweeping the floor at your gym, A line in the chairs.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you myself, Ron, we did it for years, Anthony.
Speaker 1: We cleaned the floor, we mopped the floor, we put up the chairs. That's what college athletics is all about for the coaches. Not just making millions, I mean millions, but that cutting your own grass, being happy to do it. I guarantee, Anthony. Of course someone's gonna steal him. He's such a great coach. But that's the story. That's the difference. That's Butch Beard at Howard University in nineteen ninety when I got into coaching Anthony, where we would clean the gymnasium ver gymnasium after games.
Speaker 2: We swept the popcorn, we swept the boxes. I promise you all, I swear to you all that it was college athletics. You did it all. You recruited, you wrote the letters, you talk to the parents, you're disciplined the kids, you're following the class, all those things. That's a great story. No, I didn't see it, Anthony. You're going to re send that to me because I can't wait to read that. But that's the story.
Speaker 1: I mean, Coast to Carolina very good program, though, Coase, to his hand, a good baseball program. But I'm just so happy for Murray State. Everyone there, the players.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling for Murray State as all there is to it. I'm pulling for Murray.
Speaker 1: State, that's all.
Speaker 2: Now, who do they play, Anthony? Who in will Louis Wille play and what will Murray State play in the College Roll Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so in the COLLEGEO Series. So actually tomorrow Louisville will play Oreton State tomorrow at seven o'clock and Arizona and Coastal Carolina will play first at Friday at two pm. Then the Saturday games will have Murray State will be playing UCLA at two o'clock on Saturday, and then LSU will be taking on Arkansas at seven o'clock to Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oregon State's gonna be a tough tough out for Louisville, but they've been pulling it off. They beat Vanderbilt and number one, see it can happen at Vandy twice in the last month and a half.
Speaker 2: So Louisville's playing well.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a very tough out with Oregon State. Gonna be a really good tournament. Now that will be on of course, great weekend to watch sports. Make sure that you do the young men. They do not get the notoriety of the baseball and basketball players, but they should be celebrated for the effort that they put in, the coaching, all the above.
Speaker 2: So let's watch the World Series. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see the article on Murray State's baseball coach.
Speaker 2: I just can't so, guys, where are you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Seven four? It just moves on.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we're gonna take our time and we're gonna talk about the US Open and writing d Chambeau.
Speaker 2: Anthony just punched out and he's using the slope to roll the ball.
Speaker 1: Guys, these green the insolation is so crazy and it's so fast. Rison's got a birdie putt out of the rough. Anthony, probably a fifteen foot birdie putt. I mean, just a great shot. So Bryson d Chambeau is off a lot of people playing there. I can't believe a man made an eg on a four hundred and fifty four yard part four. Anthony, he hit it in from one hundred and seventy four yards. He's minus two. So anyway, let's go to break, Shannon. We'll be back in a second. Numbers five zero two, five seventy nine hundred. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio, guys. And yes, I'm captured. I'm sorry it's seven forty eight. Shannon did catch.
Speaker 2: Me off guard.
Speaker 1: I was just watching Roy McElroy approach shot. Probably got a seven or eight foot birdie putt on his first hole. Oh, this is crazy, guys. It's so severe and open. Mind that the players are landing the ball on a hohod ten twenty five yards into the fairway before the green, and the balls are rolling pin high. They're rolling twenty five thirty yards. It reminds me of the bridge open for birdie putts. The ball hits, I'm like, oh, they're gonna be twenty yards short. No, the fairways are so hard and fast and the greens are so hard and fast that they're rolling to where all three players had birdie putts out of the rough and did not hit it within forty yards of the hole.
Speaker 2: The ball released and rolled.
Speaker 1: So, guys, you're gonna watch a lot of different kind of golf today.
Speaker 2: That's all that I can tell you.
Speaker 1: It's really amazing what they've done with the church pews, Anthony, the five inch rough, the.
Speaker 2: Speed of the greens.
Speaker 1: So I told you, Oh, Bryson d Chamba had a fifteen foot purty putt. He did, He's got a ten foot par putt. It rolled by the hole that far, Anthony, that severe, that fast, It was almost like mine started ten feet away in my second put I'm twelve feet away. It looks the same for Bryson d Shamba right now. So, Anthony, you're a golfer, what's the hardest part of golf your opinion?
Speaker 3: You know, I can't say there's one hard part of golf because all of it's hard. It just all depends on what you're better at. Sometimes for me it's getting off the tee. Sometimes it can be the short game.
Speaker 2: Your wedges can be all.
Speaker 3: The pudding can be, the putting can be a little laxadaisical. So it's it changes from day to day. That's why golf is so difficult, because one day you think you got something figured out, and the next day it's the thing that's killing you.
Speaker 2: Bryce and d Shamba had a fifteen foot birdie putt and just walked away with a bogie. Anthony, That's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: And he's one of the few players on the Live Tour that still can compete at this level.
Speaker 2: He had a fifteen foot birdie putt and walked away with a bogie. That's that's how severe this course is. Should see him looking back at the old Anthony.
Speaker 1: He's frustrated already, he's upset already, guys.
Speaker 2: You'll have no idea.
Speaker 1: Here's the bottom line with sports. I want people to understand Jerry's was a point guard. What made Rtney mccraye such a good player. He was a point center. He could play all five positions, Anthony, you got me. He could legitimately, but most of the time, Scooter McCray was.
Speaker 2: A five to four. Wiley Brown was a power forward, Derrick Smith was a small forward. Darryl Griffith was a two guard.
Speaker 1: Coach Crumb tried to make Darryl the point my freshman year and it just wasn't what he does. In golf, you must do all phases. You must be the point guard.
Speaker 2: You got to put the ball. You got to be able to chip the ball. You got to be able to drive the ball. Anthony, you have to be able.
Speaker 1: To think the course. You got to be the coach. Also, you have to understand Jack Tiger, feel Rory. Guys that have major championships have really done well. That's you have to be able to do it all. That's what makes this game so difficult. Some players can put the lights out of it, that's all there is to it. Some players like Roy McRoy can hit knock the cover off the ball. But in golf, you have to be able to do all of it. So we have players putting, Anthony, I mean legitimately putting with their backs to the hole.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is how severe the greens are. They're putting the ball with their backs to the hole.
Speaker 1: They're hitting the ball in one direction, softly letting, using the slope bringing.
Speaker 2: It back to the hole. That's how severe. This course is. Straight carnage.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking about the lift to whur We never talked about it, But guys, we've always criticized rest of football players, basketball players, baseball players getting the big contracts and not competing at the level that they were when we considered them being hungry. Anthony, Well, guys, the professional golfers, the Live Tour, they've taken the money. Dustin Johnson won it Opmond nine years ago. He's missed five out of seven cuts. I want to believe of majors, he can't play it all anymore. When Dustin was a dominant figure. I mean, guys, the Live Tour and that free money, that free money really did. Rory just missed his birdie putt, a foot birdie putt, huge breaking putt. But the live tour and that guaranteed money and that team concept. The guys that have gone other than Bryce and d Schambeau do not compete at.
Speaker 2: The level that they did when.
Speaker 1: They were on the PGA Tour. That money numbed them. They're not the players. They know they're not the players. They don't compete. And the majors like they used to come on an I mean John Rahm, I'm still giving him credit. He does compete, Oh, Bryce and d Schambeau, John Robb. But other than that and the rest took the bag. They can't they Scottie Sheffer is going to dominate them. It is what it is, and I hated to see it for the game.
Speaker 2: I hope that they get this straight.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the players making the money, but you can see the ones that took that guaranteed money do not compete at the same level. That's all there is to it, and they do not. So now that we have to put professional golfers in that group, just like we did the basketball players, the football players, the baseball.
Speaker 2: Players, Oh, they don't want to play, they're injured.
Speaker 1: Well, the golfers that took the bag do not compete in the majors like they used to.
Speaker 2: That's all there is to it. They're not even close, so I hate to see that.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if that would happen, and it did without a doubt.
Speaker 2: The money numbs them. So watch it today, and that's all I can say.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm going to cut some grass and get out, but make sure everybody, guys at summertime, enjoy yourself. Be safe again. Watch your consumption of alcohol, anthony. People, we know that we've had issues with that. Make sure that you understand that other people are on the road also, and police officers are just trying to do their job. I do agree with that aspect. I do not slam police officers. But now that the summertime is here and people are going to be picnicking, doing a lot of outside events, a lot of people love to drink beer. It's just not my forte. But I don't knock anybody. Everybody's got advice. I'm gonna educate you all, Like I tell my team, everyone has advice. Everyone's different, that's all there is to it. You have to learn to control your vices, so make sure that we do that. Have a wonderful day, Aunt and tell me Aunt, we got the big dog at Louisville. I mean, I never thought Ben Tomorrow would be working for the University of Louisville, but we stole another one from Kentucky. So that's another huge story. We've got games, We've got a SEC and the SEC challenge. Anthony, who's playing?
Speaker 2: Who? I think ULI's got Arkansas? Is that correct? I think we're gonna find out. We'll go through it.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow though, and we'll have the one and only Dwayne Casey on.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 1: And that's a wrap, Shannon, Anthony, you an't got anything because I'm done, but you got Andy to wrap the show up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I think we've hit it on the head of all the topics out here. We're just gonna watch on this US opening this morning. Think we're gonna go and play on that US open out there. But you know it's gonna be a great day out. You know, always says people like supposed to be at work at eight o'clock. If you ain't there right now, you're running late.
Speaker 1: Yeah if you're not, but please still be safe while you're trying to get there, Shannon, take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: You'll be out tomorrow, correct Shannon or will you be with me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got you.
Speaker 1: We'll speak to you on Monday. Have a great weekend. Everybody else will be safe. We love you all. I did post a clip of myself on X I want you to watch the old Jerry's basketball player Anthony.
Speaker 2: I was better than I thought. E Sports Radio. I'm out of here, love you all, Bye bye.