Speaker 1: Turn smatch we have today you bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 2: Euros in pre bets. No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot I em today.
Speaker 3: You bet builders hanging by a thread here.
Speaker 1: Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 2: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash.
Speaker 4: If your bet builder loses on.
Speaker 2: The biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 3: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 2: No be beat or power to you Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling Care Do.
Speaker 5: I The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network Attention dittoheads, Attention bo scouts. It's time for the soul of excellence.
Speaker 3: He is a radio host here in New York. The rush hour is on the air. Rush Rush Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 6: And the Democrats are making some very costly history here. Don't lose that in all that's happening. This is now the third longest shutdown in history, and when you look at it carefully, it is now already the longest full shutdown of all time. You had an example in twenty eighteen, and you had one back in nineteen ninety five that were longer, but they were partial shutdowns because they only affected a part of the federal government. This is everything, and it's also important for us to note this is the first time in history that any party has had the audacity to shut down the government over a totally clean, non partisan, continued resolution. This is a political stunt, and it's the first time it's been done, and it is the most costly, most selfish, most dangerous political stunt in the history of the United States Congress. Because as we have stood here day after day after day explaining all the Americans who were being harmed by this nonsense, Welcome.
Speaker 4: My friends to the Monday edition of Bosnerly's Rush Hour. The shutdown has now entered into day twenty and as I thought about it, and have been thinking about it, this shutdown is going to be an unmitigated disaster for somebody. Politically speaking, You, any any good negotiator, knows that you have to if you're going to arrive at a successful negotiation, there has to be what, and you've heard the expression many times is a win win. When you set up a showdown, you want to leave room for there to be some way to win something out of it. This is a lose lose. Well, no, this is a win lose. It is not a lose. This a win lose. Somebody's going to win this, but the other party is going to lose badly. The way that this has been framed by the Democrats and the way that this is playing out here is one of the things that goes into the calculation who's going to get blamed. We've heard this from the beginning. Who's going to get blamed? Who's going to get blamed? This always seems to go politically who gets blamed? And in that regard, just let's deal with that point who is getting the blame. Let us find mister Inton on the CNN because he looked at some polling data again as as they do. That's cut sixteen. Well no, let's see that's No. Sixteen is something else. That's that's the federal government blocking money going into California. Cut three. This is Harry Enton of CNN, And this tells you, I think, all in a nutshell at who is framing up to be the winner and who is going to be the loser in this continued shutdown.
Speaker 7: About Donald Trump shutdowns not approval rating. We're talking twenty days into it. In twenty eighteen slash twenty nineteen, Donald Trump's not approp rating was already falling. The shutdown was eating and it was popular sport. It was down three points already at this particular point and would fall considerably more.
Speaker 4: It was very much on the decline.
Speaker 7: You come over to this side of the screen, This shutdown hasn't eaten in the Donald Trump support at all. Isn't That approval rating is actually up a point and in terms of in terms of his popular support. So the bottom line is this the first shutdown during Trump's first term twenty eighteen twenty nineteen was hurting Donald Trump. This one is not hurting him at all. There's no real reason Donald Trump might say, at least when it comes to popular support, I want to get out.
Speaker 3: Of the shutdown. What about the question of blame? Yeah, okay, what.
Speaker 7: About the question of blame you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: You see here, you see Donald Trump's n approv rating was down twenty eighteen to twenty nineteen. You talk about twenty twenty five is net approv rating is up. It comes down to the blame game, a game I love to play when I was younger. Blame Trump for the shutdown A great deal. In twenty eighteen slash twenty nineteen, sixty one percent more than three and five Americans blame Trump a great deal for that particular shutdown. You come over to this side of the screen.
Speaker 4: Look at this. It's a different world. It's a different world.
Speaker 7: Forty eight percent of Americans blame Trump a great deal for this particular shutdown.
Speaker 3: So it's more than three and five.
Speaker 7: Back in twenty eighteen slash twenty nineteen, it's less than half a drop of thirteen points. Again, it's no real wonder that Donald Trump, at this point, looking at the shutdown says, you know what, it's not actually harming me politically in large part because he's getting less of the blame and.
Speaker 8: He's doing things differently during this shutdown.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 7: You know we talked about Donald Trump and you say, okay, he wants to be a consequential, influential president. Well, if the legislative process is basically freezed up, you know on Capitol Hill, you may say, well, then he can't actually get legislation through. But that's not how Trump is governing in this term. We've spoken about this over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: He's using his.
Speaker 4: Penny, he's using his pen, He's doing stuff in spite of the shutdown. So let's look at this again. Who's getting blamed? Well, the majority of people are not blaming Donald Trump for this, and if things transpire the way that they are, that they could that could actually swing to hurt Democrats. What am I talking about? Food stamps? Here's an article from CNN. Roughly forty two million people are at risk of losing critical food assistance in November. Food November, Food November?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 9: How?
Speaker 4: What Carlos? When I say food in November, does it make you think about anything in particular food.
Speaker 9: November Thanksgiving, Yes, Carlos, Thanksgiving, the food day of all food days in America, the day that now, the day is supposed to be to mark.
Speaker 4: The giving of thanks that the Pilgrims made it safely through and we're gonna make it through the winter because they well, there's a whole story of Thanksgiving. We go through it on the real story of Thanksgiving. Russia did that and popularized that what really happened. It was actually a day that the idea of socialism was defeated in America, at least at the time. Look in New York City, you wouldn't realize that now, but let me get back there. It's the big food day. People won't sit around except for conservatives thanking the lessons that we learned through the Pilgrims experience. In America, the majority of liberals think food. That's it.
Speaker 3: Food.
Speaker 4: Some of them, the more manly types, and that's an increasingly decreasing number within their ranks, might think about football, food and football. And here we go, forty two million people at risk of losing critical food assistance in November. If this drags on, you're talking about millions and millions. The vulnerable families, of hungry families that are not going to have access to these programs because of the shutdown. What happens if forty two million Americans are not getting EBT checks? I will tell you what's happening on social media right now. I've seen and we don't have them in the roster today because we have so much other stuff. But I'll pull them. They are already people. And believe me, for some people that you would think they don't, they're not keeping up with Oh, they keep up with the news because I see young people complaining, what what do you mean that I'm not gonna they're gonna cut off food stamps? Where's my my ebt is gonna cut off in November? They are already on social media complaining about it. How Why? Because the Secretary of Agriculture the US d A has said that states will not have enough money to pay for food stamp benefits in November if the lapse in federal funding continues period. The money's running out. They had a fix this month, but for next month. The fix is not in in two weeks, two weeks from today, which places near very near the beginning of November. Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins said, the money runs out in two weeks, We're done, not going to be able to send out the EBT cards. Now that, my friends, in the middle of what is supposed to be the beginning of the holiday season for forty two million Americans. I asked the other day the staff here, what happens if you lose? Has the government affected you this shutdown? Nope, Nope, life is going on as usual. Well, you know what if forty two million people or a portion of them, don't get their food stamps in November, their lives are going to be affected. Okay, so add the number one. And by the way, if they blame Trump, that could redown badly. But right now they're not blaming Trump for that, and right now a majority of people are not blaming Trump for the shutdown. All right, let's look at something else in all of this mix from the Hill. Democratic senators fear getting hammered after no kings for ending shutdown. Some Democrats skeptical about their leadership's hard line stance against reopening the federal government. There's a lot in that sentence, their hard line stance, their leadership, the Democrats, the Democrats hard line stance about reopening the government. There is an acknowledgment of who closed it and who's stopping it from reopening, and it is not Republicans, and it's not Trump. Some Democrats skeptical about their leadership's hard line stance against reopening the federal government privately acknowledged that they fear getting hammered by their liberal base if they vote for a Republican funding bill. All it's not number one. This is not a Republican funding bill. It is a clean CR. It is the same bill that Biden passed. This is actually and you know who wrote this funding bill, by the way, I found out last week who wrote the clean CR that we're all arguing about. Chuck you Schumer. Chuck U. Schumer wrote the very CR that now he is standing up opposing. He and Hakim Jeffries. It came out of Chuck U. Schumer's Senate office. They're the ones that wrote the clean CR for Biden. Grassroots Democrats were frustrated that the Trump administration, they say, has been demanding a fight. Well, nope, Trump didn't demand a fight. They did. In that context, Democrats know they'll get hit hard by a number of voices on the left. If they do not get something for opening the government, what is it that Democrats can get? And this is what I began when I began what I was talking about. You want to leave room for a win win. The way that Schumer and how King Jeffries have set this up, it's an all or nothing gain. They went to Trump and pretty much said, here's what they said. We don't like the budget that Republicans passed. If you guys don't change provisions in the legislation that you passed and signed into law, we're gonna shut down the government. There's no give there, there is nothing. Republicans are not because they can't. They can't go back to their base all the political capital that was expended to get this big beautiful bill passed and said, oh, we didn't mean it, We didn't mean to pass the big beautiful bill. Yeah, they meant it. And if they cave, their base will rebel against them. There's only one way out of this. Somebody is going to have to have their base pound them on the head. There's no middle ground here, there's nothing to give. Somebody is going to have to take the loss. Now do you think the person willing to take the loss will be Donald Trump. Do you think Donald Trump is going to say, Okay, I'll cave in. Democrats have set themselves up for a massive failure. Here, folks coming back on America's fastest hour in media, Do not go away.
Speaker 5: This is the rush Hour with James Golden. The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 3: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 7: James Golden, known popularly as most Nerdly.
Speaker 3: This is the rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 4: Yes, my friends, here's a word from you know. The big No King's deal was this weekend. Democrats out celebrating. Just wanted to give you something from No Kings. A woman and her kids how they celebrated No Kings?
Speaker 10: Did I just let my kids yell Donald Trump out of the vehicle windows as I drove past a No King's protest that I didn't know was going on. Yeah, I sure did, And I am proud of them. These kids just made my day, Okay, screaming Donald Trump out the window and listen to the whole crowd of people were cheering and clapping and they were like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I am so damn broad my kids right now, Like I'm taking their asses f ice cream or something, because that was awesome.
Speaker 11: That was epic.
Speaker 10: And you know what, here in a little bit, when we leave the park, we're gonna drive by it again, and this time I'm gonna allow him to say it again. Yep, I sure am. I don't care what you think. Don't come at me for letting my kids cuss. It is what it is. But yeah, I except this time after the park when we drive by, I'm also going to be blasting the same song that is in this current video right here.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Change your kids to say F the President, and I'm proud of them. That's liberals for you, folks. Don't go anywhere. We got a lot more to go.
Speaker 5: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 3: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 12: James Golden, known popularly as both nervely Are.
Speaker 3: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 4: What's your response to the protest over the weekend the new King's processes.
Speaker 13: I think it's a joke. I looked at the people, they're not representative of this country. And I looked at all the brand new science paid for. I guess it was made for by sous and other radical left lunatics. It looks like it was checking it out. The demonstrations were very small, very ineffective, and the people who are worked out. When you look at those people, those are not representative of the people of our country.
Speaker 11: I'm not a king.
Speaker 13: I'm not a king. I work my ass off to make our country great. That's all it is. I'm not a king at all.
Speaker 4: Yes, Birthday to Day jay A. Siegel from The Tokens. Of course, back in nineteen sixty one, they went number one in the United States with this one, Solomon Linda's The Lion sleeps tonight, the Lion is awake, and I'll tell you what. Let me just get back to this. Right before the break, TJ asked me about Schumer and he asked, you know, okay, if Schumer can't do what did you say Schumer can't do this because he'll lose his job? Or is that what it is? Let me say something. Eventually, he's asking what can Schuman do? Schumer will lose his job? Folks. This is one of the stupidest political moves I've ever seen in my life, because either way, Schumann loses his job. Let me explain that there's no win for him here either way. He's going to lose his job unless unless up one capitulates and gravels, and it's seen as being humiliated by Chuck Schumer and winning. If it's anything other than a total win the way that this entire government shutdown has been constructed, Chuck Schumer loses his job. Now, I ask any of you, do you think that Democrats are going to get the big win here? Do you think that they're going to get Donald Trump to bend and grovel? No freaking way, it's not going to happen. Here's the line. Now, this is how bad it is. In this Hill article about Democrats being afraid, a second person meaning senator familiar with the political dynamics within the Senate Democrat causes or a high ranking staffer spoke with the hell before the No Kings protest. Said the Centrist senators. That means the senators in purple states, the senators who have to have to win some Republican votes in order to stay in office. The Democrat senators, they said, we would have enough votes to reopen the government if people were not terrified of getting the guillotine, meaning Senate centrist Democrats know what time it is. The only reason that they're too afraid to vote right now is that they know if they do the right thing, the liberal base has been whipped up into such a frenzy that they will be the act axed politically, their careers are over. As they put it, they would get the guillotine from their voters. And here's how Chuck Schumer loses with that. The main job of the party leader is to protect the party, protect your troops, not protect yourself. Protect your party, protect your troops. What Chuck Schumer has done here is placed every single centrist Republican senator in danger, and they're expressing it. If I do the right thing here, mean the thing that could get me re elected, then my base is going to hammer me. That was the situation that Chuck Schumer just put these people in. He didn't protect their base, his base of senators, He just exposed them. No matter what happens here, Chuck Schumer is not going to be, in my humble estimation, the next leader of the minority. He certainly won't be the leader of the majority if this fails. He's put his people in an impossible situation that is not leadership. The best thing that they could have done, and Chuck Schumer might have taken the hit it is to say we're not gonna look, we need to pass this r because we have to work on this thing. Obamacare more important than this moment, because that's underlying all of this. I give you as evidence of that, Rokahanna, who you know there are times when I actually listened to Rokahanna and so this guy has sense cut seven. Rokahana was on Fox News. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 8: We cided the example they had last week where they said, even if the subsidies expire, eighty percent of subsidies are going to be covered or or eighty percent of the premiums are going to be covered by taxpayers paying these subsidies. Why is the system we were told it was going to really improve everything and make things more accessible. Why is it in such dire financial situation that it would take eighty percent of it being underwritten by taxpayers for it to continue.
Speaker 14: Bus The insurance companies are ripping us off. They've had one hundred and seventy one billion dollars of profits. They've got their CEOs making about one hundred and seventy million dollars. Now, I supported the Affordable Care Act, and President Obama said, we can have people having cancer not be treated. We can't have young kids not having insurance. But it was a humanitarian fix.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a.
Speaker 14: Fix to the system. The fix to the system is to get rid of these private insurance companies that are hurting our companies, hurting our manufacturers, and policing the American public, and have everyone have Medicare for all, and then you can have supplemental private insurance. That is the fix to the extoring costs.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me tell you something, folks, This whole thing could have been averted. There is enough there in what Roqahana said to find a deal, to find a win win. That's the win win. The win win would have been for Democrats to say, look, we've got this thing coming up. Insurance premiums are going to skyrocket. You guys on the Republican side don't want to be blamed for that. We guys on the Democrat side don't want to be blamed for that. These those guys over there, the insurance companies, are making out like bandits. While both of us could be potentially politically hurt. Let's find a deal on what we're gonna work on. We'll agree to work on this. We are passing the CR because we are now entering too serious discussions on how to fix this problem, which is by the way, going to be where the solution ends up anyway, wherever whoever caves. That's what's got to happen, because Republicans are not prepared to totally hope to do what they should have done years ago and get rid of Obamacare, and Democrats are not prepared to let these these and Republicans, these premiums just keep soaring and sowing and sowing, even though we're playing premiums from millionaires. In some cases, there's your middle ground, and these Democrats are just filled with such tds that they couldn't even see the middle ground, the win win. Let's do something that helps everybody here get past this instead of setting up a no win situation. Okay, let me move on. We got some other things I want to get to. And by the way, that shows you Chuck Schumer, how King Jeffries. These aren't real leaders. Real leaders would have protected their troops and neither one of these guys. Instead, both Haw King, Jeffries and Chuck Schumer put the entire Democrat electorate at risk. All right, quickly, I want to get to you know, Robert de Niro was out. He's not really important, but maybe we'll come back and get him in the meantime. By the way, two things have happened since we've gone on the air. One thing right before airtime. A federal appeals court has cleared the way for the Trump administration to mobilize and deploy members of the Oregon National Guard into Portland. So Donald Trump won. That government closed, right, Donald Trump still winning. Democrats aren't winning anything. The governments still closed. Donald Trump is still doing and winning. That's a big one. Second one, and thank you, thank you so much. Lady Benedict sent me this story an act after an activist judge in Washington, d c. Refused to jail she gave obation to the guys that mercifully beat up the doge guy known as big Balls. Now Janine Piro has stepped in. Both Anthony Taylor eighteen years old and Lawrence Powell nineteen years old are going to be charged with federally with assault. And that is another good outcome. So let us turn now very quickly to something else that is happening out here. The the lunacy of the left over this No King's weekend was just astymning. I was just looking over my sound roster and we have another few, and we have people by the way way they're seeing through this, this whole No King's business. So I found one voice on social media. I want to share for you with all the stuff no Kings, No Kings, what do they do now? They had their big rally? What did it accomplish? What happens now? What directly happens from all this expenditure of energy Cut eighteen. One woman gives her take on what she saw on this big No King's weekend.
Speaker 11: Gis what the actual are you talking about? You love Kings?
Speaker 12: Yeah, your protest doesn't make any sense. It is so nast backwards. The people who are saying that they don't want the government to control them are the same people who want the government to control them. Yes, you want government to do everything for you. You want them to give you free health care, free housing, free food, free student loans.
Speaker 11: The list is endless.
Speaker 12: All you guys want to do is be dependent on the government.
Speaker 11: You love When government tells you.
Speaker 12: What to do like stay home and stay six feet apart, and you love when they subsidize your life.
Speaker 11: You are the biggest.
Speaker 12: Bunch of spineless dishes that exists in this country.
Speaker 11: And guess what you are the tyranny.
Speaker 12: Yes, you are the tyrannical radical oppressors. You are the people that hate everybody else that doesn't conform to your ideology. You are the ones that want to be able to have a license to respond to those that do not think the way that you do with nothing but hatred and violence.
Speaker 11: You are the things. Oh my god, if it wasn't so funny, it would be sad. I've been saying it every week. But thank you.
Speaker 12: The material that you continue to provide me with is abundant and hilarious.
Speaker 11: Thank you, really, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: So I asked him a few what's going to happen next? What's going to happen next? We had no kings. They all went out, according to them, seven million people, seven million tds into the streets. What happens? What what the win? Okay, cut eight, let's deal with this, get it out of the way.
Speaker 15: Mondamie is a socialist democrat. His answer is always the same tax business tax the rich, raise taxes, raise taxes, preside everything, provide everything free, free, transportation, free, food, free, free, free. New Yorkers know there is no free. You keep taxing businesses and wealthy people in New York City, there will be nobody, laughed Bill.
Speaker 9: They're leaving already.
Speaker 15: They've been leaving since COVID.
Speaker 4: That was Andrew Cromo on Fox and of course, breaking news. Mondomie's a socialist, breaking breaking, mondom He's a socialist, breaking breaking. Andrew Clomo claims that New Yorkers don't want free. Really, your whole reign as governor was trying to hand out as much free as you could. If they don't want free, why were you handing out free? Your version of it? Now, is he the better choice than Mondamie? Absolutely? And to that in political big Wig, that's what the newspaper said. They political big Wig John Katsumutine's is urging Curtis to drop out of the race. Curtis Sliwa. There was also a New York Now. There was also a New York Post article about polling, and the polling indicates that if Sliwer were to drop out, there would be enough to shift in the electorate to bring it near a neck and neck.
Speaker 3: Cuomo.
Speaker 4: That's what the Post says. It's polling said. That's what the Post said, citing polling that was done, that there would be a difference yes, and that Curtis needs to swallow the bitter pill. Is what a lot of people are saying that he should and should should drop out of the race. And there's an article that just appeared New York Post three point fifty five pm, swallow the bitter pill. Curtis Leewa quit the race to stop Mundami and it is let me just say it is. The New York Post is now calling on Curtis Lee with a drop out. They say it burns to write this, but it's time for Curtis to face reality admit the city's best hope to avoid the disaster of zoron Mundamin Meyalty is for him to drop out of the race. Sleewa is absolutely right. It's not his fault that New York is on this corner. But fault isn't the issue here. The simple fact is that the Republican nominee is far back in third place in every poll, with zero chances of winning, and you know it's it's time moving forward. With no disrespect to Curtis Lee. If the Republican Party wants to be a viable alternative to the Democrats for citywide office, it has to do better so and the polling indicates that there would be a shift now. I have said it all along. In fact, I posted over the weekend and wondered whether I should have amended it later to say that it look. My belief in politics is always that the candidate has to earn what they get. Cuomo has to earn those votes. But you see the polling data that came out today. The reality is a grim one and people are really seeing how grim this Mondami candidacy could be if he's elected Mayor. Curtis, You've got a lot to think about, but you don't have a lot of time to think about it. Better make your choice soon. See James Golden snowly, fastest hour in American media is going quickly. We'll be right back to Loway Rush.
Speaker 3: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 5: Lately, the Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast Network. It's the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 3: The student in most Nerdly. Now your's James Golden.
Speaker 4: Gotta go quick here. That pole in the New York Post was a Gotham pole along with city aarp. It brings if Curtis drops out, it brings the race within four points, which is margin e vera, meaning it's a toss up. All right, it's Snoop's birthday to day two. We didn't play any Snoop Doggy Dog. Happy Birthday, Snoop Level forty two guys have a birthday to day. Tom Petty's birthday to day. We gotta go. May God bless protect teaching every single one of you, your family, your loved ones, loving gratitude for your being here, allowing me to be with you God willing back tomorrow. I'm telling my friends, I bid you, I do bye.
Speaker 16: Thanks for listening to Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Strdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 3: If you like the.
Speaker 16: Podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here