Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Seeing a dead person right there in the living room. It was my aunt's father. He went by No No, and I remember repeating that in my head repeatedly throughout seeing him in the casket in the living room. It was a thing, you know, you would bring the body to the home.
Speaker 2: This was back that.
Speaker 1: It must have been early eighties, a nice Italian Catholic family, and you would. You'd have our dervs and cocktails around the dead body.
Speaker 2: And that was just what was done.
Speaker 3: There's something nice about that.
Speaker 1: Now my memory is it's in the living room, but it could have been in the mortuary, in the special room where.
Speaker 2: You look at the body the day before the funeral.
Speaker 1: It could have bet that. But I do remember there being like cannapase or something, you know. I do remember there being a nach nash here and there with No No's funeral, and I do member seeing him and being like this isn't right, No, No, something is it right?
Speaker 4: Today the Pope's body is on display for Vatican officials.
Speaker 1: Looked very similar to No except no, No, was a smaller man.
Speaker 4: And he's down. He's not on a catafalut. He's not raised up on a big platform.
Speaker 2: Fancy word, A fancy ass word. This early.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Talk me through this word? What a catafult f a l k? Is that like a.
Speaker 3: Raised burial platform? I did burial?
Speaker 2: Or did you learn this word?
Speaker 4: We've said it many times whenever a prominent politician dies.
Speaker 2: Is this something you do at home? No, no, you've.
Speaker 1: Said I've never I've never heard the word.
Speaker 2: I've never read the word.
Speaker 4: Prominent senators or former presidents die, their bodies are usually placed in the capital, you know, on a catafalc, which I believe dates back to Lincoln. Wow, that same catafalc. Anyway, he's not on one. It doesn't matter, it's not part of the story. He's not on one. Pope Francis's body is laid very I mean, there's there's a Q and catafulc.
Speaker 2: A l q u E.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that. I was saying it wrong the whole time.
Speaker 2: Impressive.
Speaker 4: I was saying cada falk, not catafault catafalq fulk. There's no l in it weld on.
Speaker 5: Cat.
Speaker 4: We're both saying, and again, it doesn't matter because it's not involved, it doesn't have one, and as ornate as they get, he is still toned down compared to what other popes have gotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking with Raymond Arroyo yesterday, a host of the Arroyo Grand podcast, and he said that it's actually kind of an f and you excuse me to the church, that that they're not making a big deal out of it, that they're not doing all the pomp and circumstance that goes with the title of the pope, Like it's not about you and your last wishes, and that you want it to be toned down. It's about the Pope is a very big, large deal in the Catholic Church, the biggest right up there with God.
Speaker 2: They call him, Yeah, the Holy Father.
Speaker 4: I mean, now in other brands of church, there's one Holy Father, right, not a.
Speaker 2: Guy like I said.
Speaker 1: You know, I remember the picture of Reagan and then the picture of Jesus and then the picture of John Paul the Second. So it's kind of a touchy subject even in death.
Speaker 2: This pope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a pretty fascinating guy. Your point yesterday about the pendulum swinging back the other way towards a more conservative head of the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: I think is pretty definitely going to happen.
Speaker 4: So all right, I didn't get my signal chain update, but apparently we dropped a couple more bombs on Yemen's capital. Twelve people killed, thirty four wounded, according to the Houthi rebels, the scent Com, a military sent com, is not answering questions about the strike. They're not talking about any potential civilian casualties.
Speaker 3: And all of this.
Speaker 4: The Houthies say the strike hit the far Wat neighborhood market in the district within the capital. All of this going on with the backdrop of the Secretary of Defense, Pete heg Seth, who might be under fire.
Speaker 3: The NPR is the NPR.
Speaker 4: NPR is suggesting that the White House has begun the process of looking for a new Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: Trump's pissed.
Speaker 1: Trump's pissed at Jerome Powell, but he can't fire Jerome Powell. I don't think this is about Pete haig Seth. I don't think it's about the milk. I think that Trump's pissed off that he feels like he's hamstrung in one sense, but all of this press surrounding Pete haig Seth And I don't think he helped himself yesterday with his comments at the Easter egg role. I don't know why that was such a funny thing to hear out loud, but you know what I mean, when he was kind of defiant and petulant and pointing fingers at other people, all you had to do was say, hey, I don't use that app anymore, and that was not classified information and I was talking to my wife, so can you just back off?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean something.
Speaker 1: There's an easy way to squash that. There's an easy way to be above the conversation and above the because the media was going for blood yesterday with those headlines about the second signal chat to the brother and the lawyer and the wife and oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But when you read into it, there was not a lot there there. There wasn't a.
Speaker 1: Lot of real media information that was passed along. And two of those people work in the Department of Defense. So his outsize reaction I think probably didn't go over well with Trump.
Speaker 4: Well, And today went on Fox and said, it's just a case of leakers gonna leak. These guys that he fired, right, he had them. I think it's three that were fired and one that resigned. He put pressure on these guys because he wanted to find leakers within the Department of Defense. He believes he found them. They haven't been charged with anything yet. He did say that the Department of Justice is going to get the case. But he's saying, Wow, what a surprise. The people I accused of leaking now go to the reporters that they'd already been leaking to and leak some more.
Speaker 6: When you dismiss people who you believe are leaking classified information. And again, the investigation is ongoing and that will take time, and if when the evidence produced, it will go to DOJ. Why would it surprise anybody, Brian, if those very same people keep leaking to the very same reporters whatever information they think they can have to try to sabotage the agenda of the president or the secretary. So once a leaker, always a leaker, often a leaker, And so we looked for leakers because we take it very seriously, and we will.
Speaker 3: Do the investigation.
Speaker 6: And if those people are exonerated, fantastic. We don't think based on what we understand, that it's going to be a good day for a number of those individuals because of what was found in the investigation.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he goes on and says that the DJ is going to give the is going to get the case, and they will decide if charges are brought against these officials.
Speaker 1: White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt has denied there's any effort to replace Haig Seth, posting on exit President Trump stands strongly behind him.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not necessarily a guarantee that he won't. I mean, he said that before.
Speaker 1: He's also torown his press secretaries straight under the wheels of the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's not a guarantee. But I don't I don't see this.
Speaker 1: You can stand strongly behind him at breakfast and by lunch be done. But I just think it's it's a funny thing to fire him over. It's just not the Trump way of doing things. Trump fires people who have been disloyal to him, not people who make boneheaded decisions.
Speaker 4: Right, So I just and Pete Hexseth wasn't remember Peteseth was not the one who was on the line on the hook. Necessarily for the first signal chat faux pas, which was to include a journalist from the Atlantic that was pinned squarely on Mike Walls, National Security Adviser. So right, so that part of it.
Speaker 1: There must be something we don't know if there could be, Yeah, there could be, or or Trump's just feeling like he needs to assert power somewhere because he can't do it with Jerome Powell.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Up next the latest on what we know about what's going on with the pope. There will be viewing today for Vatican officials. Tomorrow the public gets it, and we know more about the funeral coming up on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Ps Jerome Powell.
Speaker 1: News aside, The Dow is bounced back this morning, just rising to a thousand points to regain the ground it lost yesterday. Okay, so this day one thousand that day everyone, So that's just calming down.
Speaker 2: Maybe the temperatures lowered a little bit in Washington. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Bless my heart.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: So remember when I said a bad word on this show. You were talking about which one like probably the most egregious one about lawn mowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was about lunch.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was COVID. There was a lot going on.
Speaker 1: It was in the deep parts of COVID. We had been locked up for quite some time. And you were like, riding a lawnmower?
Speaker 2: Do you have to wear a mask? And I was like, what up? Blah blah blah. Lost it. Well. I had a similar moment yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm leaving this place, the garage, and I'm pulling out of the garage, and there is a walkway ahead of the pulling out of the garage area, and there is a person. I have a green light, which means I should go right out the garage, but there's a person walking ahead of me against do not walk sign, a red little person sign, wearing a mask.
Speaker 3: Did you honk?
Speaker 1: And I said to myself in the car the same things that I said on the air that day. I don't know where that response came from. I don't know where that reaction came from, but it was.
Speaker 2: You, what the effort? You like an idiot? Like, who's that guy?
Speaker 1: Likes a guy in the car with me right now? Why is he so angry, but I'm still thinking about it. If you want to wear a mask, fine, wear a mask, but don't be a dip ass and put your life in danger wearing your freaking mask like doing. The most unforced error of putting your life in danger is walking.
Speaker 2: Through a cross walk when I have a green light. Be a dumb ass, like that's a stupid thing to do.
Speaker 4: One is a sign of weakness and the other is a sign of idiocy.
Speaker 1: I support people that don't want to get sick or don't want others to get sick from them, and they wear the mask. Fine, if you're that safety conscience, more power to you. Great, I lick paint off the walls. But if you're going to be that guy, then be that guy. Follow the freaking lights, don't cross when I have a green light.
Speaker 2: Mess your dumb ass.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Shannon's front bumper.
Speaker 2: It's just dumb.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine dying with your mask on because you cross the street against a red do not cross sign because you're a dumb ass? That would come That would be ironic, wouldn't it come up in their Yeah, you're so safe that in twenty twenty five, you're not sick and you're wearing a mask in the outdoors in the way, and you in the outdoors where there's air to breathe and uh open air, not not enclosed. You're not in a plane. You're outside, sir, and you're gonna freaking die like that?
Speaker 3: Did you kill him? I did not wanted to.
Speaker 2: No I did it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Pick it up now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our.
Speaker 3: Website, bills. That's bills, b I L L S.
Speaker 5: Edit it now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys.
Speaker 3: If you're hurting an accident.
Speaker 5: Winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million, that's one eight hundred nine million, or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 4: That keyword bills goes on the website and we'll do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 3: You don't talk to your husband like this? To you?
Speaker 2: No? What like like I talk about the guy?
Speaker 3: Think you're crazy?
Speaker 1: That's why I come here and I get it all out, you know, huh, Well, listen, my audi is completely normal and nice. You're what my audi?
Speaker 3: Oh you're a you're doing a severance thing. Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about my belly Biden.
Speaker 4: Yes, why I didn't quite know what's going on. Pope Francis a funeral scheduled for ten o'clock local time Saturday at Saint Peter's Basilica. The Vatican has announced a meeting of the College of the Cardinals at the Catholic Church's city state headquarters in the heart of Rome today. The coffin that's carrying the Pope will be brought in a procession tomorrow morning, accompanied by the cardinals to the Basilica from his residence at Casa Santa Marta, where he died.
Speaker 3: He's actually as weird as this sounds.
Speaker 4: He's He's lying in state in the lobby of Casa Santa Marta today, guarded there by the very ornate Swiss guards.
Speaker 3: The Pope's body.
Speaker 4: Can be seen in some of the photos that the Vatican released today, the first one since his death, showing him in the wooden coffin, wearing the red robe, the papal miter on his head and rosary intertwined in his hands.
Speaker 1: We also heard yesterday that this was a pope that did not throw house parties. He did not invite the cardinals over during his term, very often the way that most popes do, or popes in the past have done. So these cardinals are all getting together to create to find the new pope, or to crown the new pope, or whatever you want to say. And there's a little bit of consternation here. There's a little bit of figuring it all out and jockeying, and these cardinals may not be as close and don't understand each other's line of thinking as they may have done in the past.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about it a little bit later.
Speaker 1: But there's some some infighting going on. As I've read about the selection process.
Speaker 3: Did I see that.
Speaker 4: I don't know the exact number, but he appointed something like three orders of the current cardinals that are there that will decide who the next pope is.
Speaker 3: I don't know how common that is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's sounds like a lot along the same lines as the other popes had done. We do know that President Trump and First Lady Malania Trump have said that they will attend President Zelenski of Ukraine has said that he'll be there. Francis Emmanuel Macrone, Prime Minister George Maloney of Italy among the first royals to confirm to they will attend where King Philippe and Queen Matilda of Belgium. So there will be plenty of people there in the Vatican on Saturday for that funeral mass.
Speaker 1: Well, this was all over social media this morning, Scott Peterson's mug.
Speaker 2: Why because the.
Speaker 1: Innocence Project says it has new evidence that will exonerate Scott Peterson. We'll talk about what they are claiming to have when we return.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Don't wear a mask while you're crossing against a red light? Does that make sense to everyone?
Speaker 3: It does to me. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: If you're going to be a careful person, be a careful person, don't be a care don't be an overly careful person, and then be a wildly underly careful person at the same time.
Speaker 3: Hope it balances out.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 7: Gary and Shannon. I am definitely going to hell for this, but I thought you said catapult, and honestly, if you're going to have a papal funeral with a catapult, I'm all in on that. I will pay. That should be pay for view with the money given to the poor. I would watch that. Take care. Thanks.
Speaker 4: I I'll one up that and say a papal funeral with a tribute Sha would be even better.
Speaker 1: What is a tribute Shaw? You and your words today, I'm very impressed, Tay.
Speaker 4: Good morning guys. Gary.
Speaker 7: I hate to admit it that I listened to the show every day and I'm doing it in public.
Speaker 3: I've never heard you say catapult before.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, gi, Yeah, give us a break. You've never said that word. I've never said that word. I've never read the word. I've never heard the word. This was the first time the word has entered my life, and I'm better for it.
Speaker 4: And I thank you for Jimmy Carter died the most recent president that I can think of that died. When his body was placed in the Capitol for viewing, it was placed on a cataphult. I'm not saying you're wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, we've never talked about that word ever, ever before. I would have the same reaction to that word as I had today, which is, I've never heard that word before.
Speaker 2: What does that word mean? You know? I would have that same reaction.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. But you might have had that.
Speaker 2: Say I didn't. I would remember it.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of things about this show that we do not remember, like what.
Speaker 1: Like mister like when you forgot last week about mister bumber Puss.
Speaker 4: When we talk about we talk about things that have happened on this show, both of us have said things like wait, we did what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but words kind of different, maybe, you know.
Speaker 3: Scott Peterson is back in the news today.
Speaker 1: All right, So this was apparently filed on Friday night, this exhaustive four hundred page petition to the California Court of Appeals done by the Innocence Project. I think the Innocence Project does great work. When when it's right, it's not right. Here it's right, they say. It's a new twist in his push for freedom. Scott Peterson's in this newly released four hundred page petition to the Court of Appeals, the prosecution's case against Peterson, the Innocence Project says, was entirely circumstantial, and that My response to that is and circumstantial evidence is viewed as just as important as direct evidence.
Speaker 2: In the court of law. That's why they call it evidence evidence exactly.
Speaker 1: That is not an argument, and the Innocence Project should know that. In fact, there's a lot of direct testimony, whether it's testimonial evidence of eyewitnesses that are notoriously wrong. But anyway, circumstantial evidence is very helpful, and people are convicted on solely circumstantial evidence all the time, probably more so than direct evidence. Direct evidence is what you get when you watch CSI and things like that. It's very hard to get direct evidence that's actually helpful. They said that they've investigated this case for more than a year. The Innocence Project has one whole year. Huh, I mean, despite the fact that this happened what twenty three years ago?
Speaker 4: Now, well, they have filed a four hundred page petition with the California Court of Appeals and they say he's innocent.
Speaker 3: They say that his conviction should be overturned.
Speaker 4: So a couple things I want to point out of the four hundred page filing. More than a hundred page of that is Scott's own declaration that he didn't do it. Reminder, Scott Peterson did not testify in his own trial. He doesn't have to. That's a constitutional right. But the reason he gets to blurt out one hundred and twenty six page declaration is there's no one there to cross examine him.
Speaker 1: We've heard Scott Peterson lie, We've heard the tapes of him on the phone to his mistress at his wife's candlelight vigil. We know this is somebody who is practiced and skilled and a really great liar. So Scott Peterson, in his own words, doesn't get me very far, doesn't move the needle for me. This petition goes on to say that Scott Peterson was denied his rights to due process in a fair trial because jurors did not hear evidence that the Innocence Project argues could have affected the outcome of the trial. That police and prosecutors do not fairly investigate the case they are they are accusing, and this is not new. This is all stuff Mark geragis laid out five hundred years ago at the first trial. They say that that the cops in this case had tunnel vision that once they locked on to Peterson, they had no interest in finding evidence that showed someone other than Scott may have abducted Lacy Peterson because that didn't fit in with their working theory of the case. They talk about that the two crimes that happened around the same time as her disappearance near the Peterson's home, a burglary at the neighbor's home. A burned van at the airport the airport area of Modesto. Let's let's let's all remember the picture of Lacy Peterson when she disappeared very pregnant. There's there's no other possibility. Common sense will tell you Okham's raiser than the husband in this case.
Speaker 2: But let's play along with your theory.
Speaker 1: You think that a burnt van at the airport has anything to do with a very pregnant woman's disappearance.
Speaker 4: Well, their argument is that in that van was a mattress that had some blood on it and that was never tested to see if it was Lacey's blood.
Speaker 1: What about the direct evidence that was found in Scott Peterson's boat that he took out on Christmas morning in the bay that was about an hour away. Because Christmas morning makes sense. This is the other thing that they bring up. And I'd like to directly refute this because I was there. They say that this because the cops locked in on this, it creates on Scott Peterson. It created a domino effect and caused a tidal wave of media attention focused on Peterson as a prime suspect in the case. Lacey was missing for quite some time before what was left of her body was discovered in the bay that Scott Peterson took his boat out on Christmas morning, the day after she disappeared. I was there the first day that day after Christmas when they held the first press conference in Modesto, and I was there was twenty three because nobody else was working. And when you're young and you're working in a newsroom, you work all the holidays. And I went out there totally and over my head for a missing pregnant wife.
Speaker 2: But here I was.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you about a town that was rallying around Scott Peterson. I mean it was like he was the Modesto's first son. I mean, everybody was just Scott, what do you need? Are you okay? Everyone giving him hugs like oh my god, and that went on for weeks. There was no tidal wave that buried Scott Peterson from go the cops if they thought it was him out of the gate.
Speaker 2: They played a great role. They did.
Speaker 1: They they did not let on for a long time. I mean when you watch all the documentaries, you see that the way that they treated him and the way they treated him in public, this wasn't a case of somebody that was sandbagged out of the gate and that they just didn't focus on anything else. I mean, Mark Gerregis floated the idea of the band of gypsies going through Modesto, Like if you're a gypsy, you want to go to Modesto, come on, you go to the coast. But you know, I mean, it's just crazy that they're still throwing this stuff out there. And you can we saw with Menanda's brothers. You enough time goes by, you can throw out whatever narrative you want.
Speaker 3: It's easy to forget what that we were.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah, who saw everything that was going on.
Speaker 4: The two things or two of the things that they've also claimed is that they have scientific evidence that shows the date of death of the unborn child later than what was claimed at trial. How that changes it, I don't quite understand. Then an expert in water movement would be able to prove that Lacy Peterson's body was not dumped where police said it was in December of two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: That goes back to the expert witness boondoggle that exists in this country for both sides, prosecution and defense attorneys, when they hire whoever they can hire to say exactly what they want them to say. And it happens every day, one hundreds and thousands of times over and guess what you're all paying for it. We're paying crazy amounts of money for the state or defense attorneys in some cases to bring in these expert witnesses to say, well, based on my experience in my school, again, yes, I did go to seventeen colleges and I have seventeen advanced degrees, and absolutely her body was in the water for everybody for the X amount of time. For every guy that's going to get up there and say that you can find another guy or girl says, well, for my seventeen degrees and my seventeen you know whatever accolades, there absolutely was no way she was in the water for more than two days, you know what I mean. Like, it's just everyone has bought and sold.
Speaker 4: Which is why now it's very common for attorneys to ask those witnesses how much are you getting paid?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: How much you're getting paid to be here?
Speaker 1: They have to and I don't know. None of that testimony ever means. It just crosses each other out both sides.
Speaker 4: Our food is different, and one of the things that RFK Junior says he wants to do is phase out some food dies that are in a bunch of our foods, unnecessary food dies. By the way, we'll talk about that we come back. Catafalk fulk fock fuck, he says it.
Speaker 3: Yes, doesn't pronounce the L no. I do you do? It's my style, it's your thing.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Good news on Wall Street, where stocks are surging after the Dow closed almost one thousand points lower yesterday, Today's jump half and after Bloomberg reported sources said Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent told a group of investors that a trade war with China is unsustainable. I mean, it's obvious, but it's good that somebody in the circle knows it right. The Dow has been up over one thousand points at times. The S and P five hundred and the Nasdaq have both been over two percent as well.
Speaker 4: One of the things that RFK Junior said when he was running for president and then when he joined forces with President Trump is he wanted to change the way we eat, not just the kinds of foods we eat, but the food that we eat. And significantly, the first thing that he wants to do is direct food manufacturers to phase out specific food dyes that are found in a bunch of grocery store foods, for example, eight petroleum based food dies. I FDA regulates about eighty percent of the food that we eat, and they banned red dye three just before Trump took office. Studies connected it to cancer in lab animals. That followed our law, the one here in California, they called it the Skittle Law at the.
Speaker 3: Time that would ban red dye number three. The eight dies that.
Speaker 4: Healthy Human Service to Secretary Kennedy wants to phase out are used within the United States, but they are but products made for the European markets do not use them, and if they do, they must add a warning to the label. Canadian markets already use natural color substitutes. The event today is supposed to be an approval of additional natural dyes that you can put in. As an example, the red the reds that we see in some of our foods, whether it's candy or other things like that, is often a petroleum based dye.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be.
Speaker 1: He said that in Canada, fruit Loops gets its bright colors from blueberries and carrots instead of red number forty, yellow number five, and blue number one in the American version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pepsi, General Millshin Craft, Hinds. They have all said there isn't enough science that connects ingredients with how with health outcomes. The FDA has long maintained that most children don't have adverse effects from eating food. Dice gonna repeat that. The Food and Drug Administration, the government agency that's responsible for safety of our food supply, says most kids don't have a problem with it, then.
Speaker 2: Why have it at all?
Speaker 4: Right, If even if some kids have a problem with it, Yeah, you're gonna have people who are I guess allergic to blueberries or carrots maybe, but nowhere near as many as people are going to be allergic to petroleum based food dies it it doesn't make sense, and people want to You want to protest against RFK Junior.
Speaker 3: You think he's a whack job. I don't care.
Speaker 2: This is the common sense kind of stuff that.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say when you talked about Kellogg or whatever the company general mills Heinz, there's no evidence to show.
Speaker 2: Yaki yak, yak yak. It's common sense.
Speaker 1: Well, and if food dies common sense, that can't be good.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's a kind of it's them splitting hairs when they say that there's no evidence. Our FDA will not take European scientist's word for it. Our FDA says, if we're going to ban something, we need to have an American lab do the same test to make sure that it's good or bad or vice vera whatever.
Speaker 1: And that's because the FDA doesn't get paid by scientists in Europe.
Speaker 2: They get paid by those.
Speaker 1: Labs in America to say whatever they want them to say, just like expert witnesses Ken Paxton.
Speaker 4: By the way, the Texas Attorney General, I think is going to be running for governor, has said that his office open an investigation into Kellogg because they market their products as healthy with no actual evidence that it is healthy, and maybe even some evidence that is that would show that it is not healthy.
Speaker 3: So take my food dies. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I broiled salmon last night and I used a Tazeki sauce on it.
Speaker 4: There's a New York Times recipe today for a Greek yogurt on top of your Greek yogurt marinade for your.
Speaker 2: Sam because they listened to the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they did that.
Speaker 1: Well, they listened to the show and then they printed the article this morning or last night.
Speaker 2: We say it on the air, we did, I don't know if we did. I don't know. You had salmon anyway, said I love Juseki on it. Yeah. I actually just.
Speaker 1: Put a little oil, salt and pepper. It didn't really even need it. It was delicious with just that four minutes in that broiler man boom and easiest way I've ever made salmon. It's good too, My goodness, it was delicious.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Karen Bass stayed in the city yesterday.
Speaker 4: She has said she is she's hopeful, except for the sixteen hundred people that she's gonna have to lay off outside of that for all other four.
Speaker 3: Million people in the city. She's she's pretty hopeful.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.