Speaker 1: He there, folks.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Melly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you, guys, but if I could walk to the moon, would you do it?
Speaker 5: Walk to the moon? I think Michael Jackson already did that. He you know, he kind of made it famous. The moon walked.
Speaker 1: The moon was made a spare ribs. Thanks Harry, carry im glad you're here. Yeah, I would top it off with a nice cool one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. How long do you think that would take you? What do you think map quest would tell you? How long would it walk to the moon?
Speaker 1: Lifetime? Lifetime? Imagine?
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, once you pull it up there check it out.
Speaker 3: Google.
Speaker 5: What are these guys burning through here?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: We're two hundred and eight, two hundred and eleven miles away from Earth going at eighteen thousand miles per hour. To get you pulled over that, you know what, They better have that charger or whatever to get you to pull over, or you better be a damn good Samaritan to be like, you know what, I'll pull over, it'll never catch me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll get a car with the wings.
Speaker 3: You can never catch me.
Speaker 5: Well, looks like that old thing I've been seeing on the TikTok lately. It's like you wanted pads with wings, so they bring the lady pads and then they bring like wingstop or buffalo wild wings.
Speaker 6: Ai says, walking to the Moon located roughly three hundred and eighty four or no, sorry, two hundred and three.
Speaker 1: We don't want to do kilometers. Yeah, nerd we're in America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two hundred thirty eight thousand miles would take nine to ten years of non stop walking at a steady pace of three to four miles per hour, so not as long. So you're saying there's a chance you could. I mean, if you wanted to dedicate a decade of your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, I mean what else do I got going on?
Speaker 1: Thanks, Steve.
Speaker 5: Well, there it is. We launched.
Speaker 4: We launched, well, we launched, all right, yeah, not launch, we launched.
Speaker 5: I had lunch too, though, if you what you have. I had a pasta salad that Jada made. Sounds good, cherry tomatoes in there, yeah, mozzarella and uh yeah, there some black olives in there if you'd like you and then you throw a little on top of that Italian dressing. It's it's really good. I two really big bowls of it. I probably shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I was really full.
Speaker 5: I'm laid off now, so it was I didn't have else. Well, the work slowed down, and they said, Bruce, you're not that important.
Speaker 4: There's that it happened.
Speaker 5: Oh and then here's the here's the mc geffery and Bruce leg breaking down the launch. Well, they shot up in the air really high and really fast. Uh, nobody died except for the birds that were flying by. We got a couple of roasted chickens down there too, if you'd like to come on down.
Speaker 6: When they were talking about the food they're gonna eat up in space earlier, and they were showt like, I mean they got that stuff you just hold the and gross looking. She's like, here's like shrimp cocktail.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what, yeah, right, must be nice.
Speaker 1: Use water?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, taxpayer dollars at work, yeah, thank you, must be nice there.
Speaker 1: I am pasta. They get sripp cocktail up there.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm fine with the three Americans, but the Canadian no way stop. You're getting poutine syrup. Just maple syrup.
Speaker 1: It's your whole diet.
Speaker 5: She's like, that's all I need. Yeah, I'll tap a tree. I don't think there's any up here.
Speaker 4: I'll tap a tree.
Speaker 5: Like how the ones got the suit, so that must be the one from NASA, and then the other ladies over there in like a business suit matching blues, though very respectful, and a NASA computer too.
Speaker 1: It's not an Apple, it's not a Macintosh.
Speaker 3: This is NASA.
Speaker 5: This is NASA's NASA. It's one of my favorite bits on how I make your mother. I'm in NASA. That's secret NASA.
Speaker 4: Oh man, all right, should we start show? Okay, fine, America, America. I gotta find there. It is I like coach.
Speaker 7: This is dobble fisting TVs. Madds scroll into his phone, Scott's got on his barsness degrees, Dustin keeps the shore rolling on.
Speaker 8: We be digit anisode talking sports and Anna say to Shot really spots is, but we're come Sammy b Spot.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter where you are. This is being really Sports, coming to you from the Runway Lounge just south of Omijia, Marry, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt Jeffrey. To my e.
Speaker 4: Now, I won't go bed left. We'll start with you first. We'll start with you first. We welcome back to the show after being sick for a few weeks. It is none other than Bruce Laye. Thank you for coffing in your own Mike h appreciate that. And then we welcome back to the show for the third fourth time. Second time. Well way off.
Speaker 5: He's been here a couple of times filming other reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I filmed one of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so true, the third time, the second time behind a mike.
Speaker 3: All right, well there's that. All right.
Speaker 4: Is Charlie Yeager from Lakeland TV, Public TV, PBS Lakeland Sports Director. He's everything play by play for Joel Hoover as well.
Speaker 1: I've done a little play dabbled in the play by play as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good. Yeah, we talked about that last week in Hoover was here and yeah, it's he's a good guy, a it's fun interesting to talk to.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, the put him in the box last week and you said you'd learned something from listening to show last week about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, about Tamarack, I didn't. I mean I was that question was asked and I was like, oh, eight eight stories tall and then they're like twelve and I was like, oh, well, all wrong.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 6: I did know the answer though, to the Mississippi question, how many states does it touch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was sitting there like counting on.
Speaker 6: My fingers on Minnesota obviously in the Illinois because I knew because I know it it's the border between all the states there, and I knew that Kentucky and Mississippi.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time as a kid looking at maps.
Speaker 4: I nerd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am a little bit of geography.
Speaker 5: That was tough for me as well as Matt.
Speaker 4: No id, Okay, did you I wasn't that bad in geography?
Speaker 9: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: By the way, the one lady on here got the whitest teeth I've ever seen. Oh my god, the one lady on the left, she has like she must have some sort of treatment or they're fake.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They probably probably been years. Man.
Speaker 5: Those are like bright white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dipped in magic waters.
Speaker 5: Magic water.
Speaker 4: So I was wondering that. So if people don't know, we are watching the slash Artemists two. Yeah, we watched a launch because Charlie one of the watchers. The bad we got here, I'm getting nerd.
Speaker 1: It's also something America on the side, Nerd, we did? Is that true? Of My favorite quotes are tender.
Speaker 4: I love how we liked lived that part like that was even that was not in the script that.
Speaker 1: He just sees the thing says, you know, Neil Armstrong on the moon, just like you would. He's so excited.
Speaker 4: Way one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can we could talk like hours just about that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Classic Classic.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to get our show stuff up on you know, all the other social.
Speaker 1: Media so everybody knows that we're.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were a lot, you know, I'm doing everybody.
Speaker 5: You guys, Okay, you watch like TV, like yeah, like with commercials and everything. Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I used to a lot of I do a lot of streaming now unless I'm on Amazon because now they force you to watch commercially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like my son's just skip the ads and like it's not like I could I have regular kid in television. But I was watching one today for Miural Acts and he's like looking at the bottle and his wife's like, no, honey, and then it's like it has with water or whatever, and it's like and then he goes and he points at the mirror and he's like, you know, basically like let's do this. Like you don't think you're gonna crap your brains out?
Speaker 1: You know how that works?
Speaker 6: Right, If you're gonna take a me relax, you better just stay at home, right, It's that's a stay at home day.
Speaker 5: Do you think you just pointing at himself like we're in for a day. Buddy, that's more likely just all those commercials like it, all those like any of those medical commercials. It's like the weirdest thing in the commercials, like it doesn't really have anything to do with them. It's just about it. And it's like, you know, some guys walking around having a good day. It's like, oh you can, you can have a good day with this as well.
Speaker 6: You saw with the Brewers. The Brewers did on their on their radio broadcast. Is anytime the opposing team changes pictures, that's brought to you by like adult diapers, and they say, they say, when you have control problems, you know, use whatever. And right now the you know such and such teams got control problems, so they're going to the bullpen.
Speaker 5: That's great, even though I hate them, but that's good. That's good television.
Speaker 4: Man, that's fine. I was trying to find another button to use for that, but it works. Which one I don't know I was gonna I was gonna probably play this one. It's a woman in your room, Its crappy problem, Yeah, that's her, or this one, I like, we don't use this one a lot scam.
Speaker 3: Probably buying those depends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's that's a conversation. You have to have yourself. Yeah, just a solid He just points at himself and I'm like, really bad.
Speaker 1: It's that meme that's like, you get in there.
Speaker 4: You gotta get in here, deep boy, get the job done.
Speaker 3: Anyways, all right? Should we should pay some bills?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: The show is being brought to.
Speaker 5: By Seventh Avenue Pizza before pizza became trendy.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Home Choice right here in Bimiji. If you're looking for a electronics like a computer like I have here that we use every single week, or even a new TV, or even what we found out a few weeks ago, tires, you can do tires and furniture. Go to Home Choice here in Bumiji. Use the promo code beer Belly Sports in their stores. I only hear in the store here in Bomiji, and get Hondas off in your purchase.
Speaker 5: Also brought to you by the nob and Kettle, quaintly nestled between Lake Georgia and Lake Alice. Get out there for some fantastic food and dining experience.
Speaker 4: Also, we're gonna be there for uh, the draft, the draft. What are you doing on the draft Day? On that Thursday it's the twenty April twenty third. Yeah, twenty third, I think it.
Speaker 1: Say it's a Thursday. That's a Thursday.
Speaker 6: Yep, probably working loser. I took this week off.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we said that was sweet, perfect timing.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is the yeah twenty third.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably trying to figure out who the Vikings take and then make sure I get it on TV. We'll probably take somebody that's got no highlights, so I can't show actually anything and they won't be there, ye, so I can't show them walking up on stage and holding up.
Speaker 3: Their jersey whole reasons for you to come over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just just have it in house one right there, you know. Oh yeah, live from right there.
Speaker 1: Doing sports live from the Narry Rum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be cool.
Speaker 5: Just tell everybody to shut up.
Speaker 6: No sports tonight. Once again, the Vikings have traded back.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Shock Now they got rid of MENSA so they probably have a little bit better idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah they're doing now. They got a money man.
Speaker 4: Well they're supposed to have an analytical guy too, but here we are.
Speaker 6: They got a quarterback now, right, so a couple of them, they got one and a half.
Speaker 5: None of them have finished the season in the last decade.
Speaker 1: But still good.
Speaker 4: Also be brought to by Paul Bundon Communication has been serving the Bmiji and Grand Rapids for many, many years. I think total of over fifty combined over fifty years. And the gig Zone is awesome and I just saw the brand new plan to do it for more construction for the Gigazone looks like down to Managa.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think there's more over to.
Speaker 4: The west and I can't remember other place, sorry, over to the east more but uh yeah, but Noaga.
Speaker 3: I saw. I was like, oh, yeah, there you go, get the old.
Speaker 5: Gigazone Mama Island to that nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had the gigs in here for over two years.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 1: Thanks yep.
Speaker 4: So yeah and awesome. Brought to you by our brand new sponsor, the JD Outpost Rodeo Rodeo Rodeo and I know so we're gonna be there for a live for June and June nineteenth and twentieth. We're doing both one of them, but the rodeos on each one of those days and if you're interested, we're probably do Friday.
Speaker 1: I used to go to rodeo.
Speaker 6: Living in California, like I lived out where there were a lot of rodeos. Really, oh yeah, we go, we do the like for some reason, Chino Hills over that area is called like Horsetown, USA. I didn't know that they've they've got horse trails all over town. In fact, like the downtown area has like right next to the the sidewalk are horse trails and there's the bars all have hitching posts. Yeah, interesting for your horses. So you can go to the bar and there, you know, they all do live music. And at the top of kind of because it's on a grade, so it's like on a hill downtown at the very top.
Speaker 1: Is the rodeo ring. So got there. But we used to go to that.
Speaker 6: We used to go to Beaumont had a rodeo out by where id nobody knows where Bowmont is KaiA. But Sam Bernardino did the Sheriff's rodeo every year I was when I was working at boot Barn, we'd always get free tickets to all those.
Speaker 1: Yea, we go to watch them.
Speaker 6: It's fun watching guys try to ride bulls and try to rope things and would you.
Speaker 5: Try No, no way, man, there's no chance at help.
Speaker 1: No, I mean the guys that don't even wear helmets, Like that's insane. Yeah, you're crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm like, no, it'd be cool to be one of the guys that after they fall off that that ropes the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be talented enough to be so they have a guy who guides it, and you have a guy who obviously who jumps off.
Speaker 5: Your Saturday nights man.
Speaker 3: No, I know you're right, hear me out.
Speaker 4: You know there's the guy who takes all the glory of course, the guy who you know ropes it. But like the guy, there's a guy and needs a steer the fucker and make sure he's in the right direction.
Speaker 1: The right spot.
Speaker 6: I always, I always feel bad for the for the cows when they're doing the rope and they grab him my legs and then it just yanks it.
Speaker 1: It's like what's going on?
Speaker 6: He wrapped up and it's like what's going And then they let it go and it's like, uh, just happened. He goes runs back on the Penny's like you'll never believe what just happened?
Speaker 5: To go out there talking to his buddies. Then the next word goes like he's not gonna like it, he's not gonna watch it, and then one of them wins.
Speaker 1: He actually doesn't get tied.
Speaker 3: My one of my favorites is like just count you said one just.
Speaker 4: It's going headstrong, just going to the world, get turned upside down.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite ones.
Speaker 1: Like barrel racing to barrel racing, female barrel racings.
Speaker 6: I mean it's it's it's fast and they got their hair flying in the wind and like trying to stay tight to those barrels and get in and get out.
Speaker 1: They just fly into the arena and you're like, oh, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: And smoke shows I knew that's what was.
Speaker 5: He had no idea what hair in the way, And he's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: It was fun working at Bootbar and drag rodeo season because I would you knew it was rodeo season too, because all of the all the riders and all of the people that were up for like Rodeo Queen would come in and I would help shape their hats.
Speaker 1: So like I was doing hat shaping and.
Speaker 5: What haven't you done?
Speaker 6: There's a lot of things I still haven't done, But that was one of the things that was I used to shape the hat so like you know, you'd get the corners perfect and stuff.
Speaker 1: How do you do that all that?
Speaker 6: So we had you can do it a lot of different ways, but we had an actual like steamer with like a foot pedal and then it would you have the cone and then it would billow out steam and so you steam. You kind of get a good steam on the hat. So a lot of it's pliable. But then if you wanted a certain place that you wanted to really move the hat, you would steam it really heavy in that spot and then you could you could move it because the hat's just the felt. Hats are made out of felt as you know, rabbit hair and and the belly hair and stuff like that. And then you get the higher the X is like more beaver felt that's on it, which.
Speaker 1: Is a lot softer.
Speaker 3: I think that one is a.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you have like they called they rate them by xes, so like the cheap ones you could get they are like sixty seventy bucks or like three X and they're mostly wool. It's it's not a lot of beaver fucking hot and they're super hot and they're not. But like you can you know, they could throw around in the dirt and you're not gonna really care about it. Then you get like twenty x, thirty x, forty X, and the higher they go up and you get like some that are a hundred X and those cost you a couple thousand dollars. Yeah, those are nice, they're really nice. But there's and they're super soft too. But what happens is is is when when you heat it up, because it is compressed felt, it loosens the fibers, which allows you to move it. And then as it cools off, they tighten back up again, so you get it into shape. You just have to be careful when you're doing it because the more you steam it, the more you kind of you loosen things up, so like you start to stretch every parts of the hat, and so if you do too much, you can stretch it to a point where like you can't really get it back to some shape. So you just have to be careful.
Speaker 5: I what was that, Like, what was the most expensive hat that you had to shape?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I had one that was a couple thousand dollars. Damn it was one hundred X and it was like twenty years old. It was like an original, one of those original stetsons. But I felt comfortable at that point doing it. And most of it's like just little things. And here's the thing is, like the higher the X, you don't worry as much, especially like black hats because they don't get very dirty and they're easier to clean.
Speaker 1: The white hats.
Speaker 6: You gotta be real, you know, a powdered hat you gotta be really careful with because when you're working with it, every time you touch it, you're getting it dirty. So you have to, you know, you want to try to keep that silver bellies which are kind of like the brownish ones which are what a lot of people wear. Because it can get a little dirty, you don't worry about it as much, and it goes kind of with everything those That was the one that I was working on, and it was it was a pretty nice, pretty nice hat, but he didn't want too much done with it. But it you know, it's just simple once you've done it a lot of times, like it's really not that hard, but it's you know, having the tools to learn how to do it right, doing it a bunch and so like I had my own hats and I would just bring them in on you know after I get.
Speaker 1: Off work for a half hour.
Speaker 5: That's how you learned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you learn.
Speaker 6: You just you do it and then you just trust yourself and then eventually you know, we weren't supposed to take tips, but those guys would always tip me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always, you know, shit in my pocket because.
Speaker 6: Sure, I mean, I'm doing extra work that I'm not getting paid extra for, right, and it's something that not everybody at the store could do.
Speaker 5: So do you have that on your resume? Like when you went to Lakeland?
Speaker 4: You like, oh, you.
Speaker 1: Deleted that of.
Speaker 6: Most everything I did in my past other than coaching football guy, and even that gets you know that now is just like under under other other things that you know, other experiences.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't list your whole I do throw out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have in my cover letter. I've got like I throw in there. You know, Oh I managed at ups and oh I was.
Speaker 5: You should bring that up on one of the shows though. You should bring a hat in. That'd be a cool Lakeland experience, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bringing my well I wear bullot ties sometimes on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I see that. Yeah, So you Philip Rivers, how many kids you got up there with him. I just thought, once you wore a bullet tie, you have like ten kids. I just thought it was like, that's how much wi.
Speaker 6: It's not that you have to have, it's that you wear the bolo tie, and that's how you get the get the khakis, then you get the bull and just gokind knock them off. You're like, no, you're you're your rope get away. It's I wore a bulo tie for a wedding one time. A bunch of compliments, you know, all the I really like your bolo tie.
Speaker 1: Oh I like you. I like you to get up there.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks my boots and my bolo time a little cowboysh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for a story.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I got my horse out back.
Speaker 6: You want to go see it right right at home, right off into the sunset morning.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, should have been still make it to Cheyenne. I could. Yeah, I love to make it to Cheyenne.
Speaker 5: That'd be sweet.
Speaker 6: My cousin works as a sports writer in Cheyenne, so he covers the rodeo there.
Speaker 4: It's a really big I'm sure it is.
Speaker 1: It's a it's he loves doing that.
Speaker 4: It's it's like it's like their version of the Minnesota State Hockey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like, that's like the that's like the biggest thing that is that, like the Rodeo.
Speaker 6: Super Stage, Coach Days or something like that. Yeah, it's it's no NFR in Vegas is okay, Yeah, that's gonna be And and that's a lot of fun too at Thomas and Mack. And they've got you know, country artists all over the place singing free concerts, and they've got Cowboy Christmas the Convention Center and it's just this big, huge thing filled with a bunch of booths and people selling boots and hats and all that kind of stuff and just there cowboys descend there on uh On Vegas. So it's a good time of year. Vegas, Vegas, Vegas and December.
Speaker 5: We got somebody that knows a little bit about it.
Speaker 6: I used to live as far from Vegas as we do from Minneapolis.
Speaker 5: So when you live that close, how often did you make it there?
Speaker 1: Lot? There was a time where.
Speaker 6: It was like you could probably at least there was a time like right out of college, probably for the first couple of years, you'd get eight buddies and you'd all share it roll for you could, we'd go for just a night. You go during the n cua A tournament the first weekend, O jealous and you.
Speaker 4: Just can't be serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't call me shortly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you do that and it's it's you know, three hours out and you get a room for the night and then uh or sometimes you do two nights.
Speaker 5: And weekend you take. You should do that with like work, I take pt O and take Thursday and Friday off the first night the first week of n c double A.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Thursday night is that's like you think, like, oh, yeah, we want to go out Thursday, but like that, that's that extra day that's like it's just.
Speaker 1: A little too long. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Friday you get off work and you head out, and then Saturday. You throw a bunch of bets down on games on Saturday in the round of thirty two because there's so many games, so you can five game parlays and it'll be done in two hours.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's quick and if you start losing, you just start betting on other days. I try to hedge my best, your hedge my bets. Yeah, well you kind of let me down. So let's go see what Michigan State can do. Yeah, so but no, well, I was just saying, yeah, he was just throwing I was thrown out now, Yeah, jeez, man, try to keep it home.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm trying to know.
Speaker 5: You're good, You're We've lost them already, the.
Speaker 3: Buttons right now, I'm listening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we'd probably go There was a time where we were going like once a month maybe, right. But she you just gotta be You just have to be careful with like I would.
Speaker 1: The cars you pick up on the street.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get a lot of we bring a lot of those back, and you'd end up throwing them all over somebody's room.
Speaker 1: Whatever exactly did that? You hide them places? Somebody hit him in my in my I drove a van at the time.
Speaker 6: I had my sweet brown Sienna, you know, shock, Yeah, and they hit them up in my uh, in my son visor and I didn't know they were up that they'd hit them other places too.
Speaker 1: I thought I got them all in the car. Never did.
Speaker 6: I was home for the weekend and my mom's sitting in the in the passenger seat and she flips the.
Speaker 1: Thing down this car, Oh god, no, falling all.
Speaker 6: Over the place, and she gets what like she's she's cool, like she knows what they're they are, she's been in the biggest.
Speaker 5: Still a little bit of a weird thing like my buddy's.
Speaker 1: Put the she's like, she's like, is from your Vegas trip?
Speaker 2: I go?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was, Yes.
Speaker 5: I didn't call any of them.
Speaker 6: Allegedly, no, but no, we'd go. There was a time we go once a month. Then it turned to like once every four months, and its luster well and two. The other thing like is we would go because George Straight would play there once every like four months, so it'd be like, oh, we'll go, we will see George Straight. And you could buy ticket like last minute super cheap tickets, you know, thirty two bucks. Do you find a room for super cheap at one of the hotels. Yeah, So there was that, and then that'd probably be like the.
Speaker 5: Only thing that like I don't would like about living like in a concrete jungle or somewhere around someplace like that where it's like I'm not that far away, like you know, for me to go even see like a you know, Vikings game, it's like that's like a planned weekend where it's like, all right, we gotta you know, get a hotel and do all this and that. Yeah, I mean then I guess, and it's not terribly farther. Like you said, four hours for us, it's like three for you.
Speaker 6: But the problem was, or the problem is now, is that Vegas has gotten so expensive. When I we were going five dollars black jack tables, five dollars craps tables, and you could and you could sit at a craps table all night with one hundred dollar bill and you know, the game kind of goes slow, and you I really like craps. So you just sit there and you play the pass line and I and you, you know, guys throwing dice and everybody's having a good time. And you walk away with you know, you only made twenty dollars, but you got a bunch of free d you're entertained, and it was great. But now you can't do that, Like you go on, it's gonna be twenty five dollars tables everywhere. It's like, you know, one hundred dollars to get you four hands and three bats and you're done. You're done, yea guns like you feel bad about it and you then go So luckily I'm not in that stage of my life anymore. So I'm not worried about wasting my money and on the strip.
Speaker 5: But coworker went to uh he was in Winnipeg and they had like a casino there and he bet on the rulette table and he got the number, the number and the color and I was like, how much you bet? He was like ten bucks one. I'm like two hundred or three hundred bucks. I would walk away. Yeah, Like holy He's like I played it down. So like I was, you know whatever. I was like, you got the number. I don't even know that was possible.
Speaker 1: It's lack one of those things you play.
Speaker 4: You play both.
Speaker 6: There's there's a method of playing roulette that I just don't care about. Got to read the felt well it's I mean, that's why I prefer craps because one, it's fun. Guys are rolling dice and there's a lot of stuff going on in between, and you can play different places. You can put money out on the table and like you can you if if you're smart enough, you I mean, you could rake in a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: You just you.
Speaker 6: You need to rake in a bunch of money before somebody craps out, because then all the money that you got on the table's gone. But if you, you know, if they're able to, if you got someone that's rolling dice and they're not you know, seven out or you know, not crapping out or whatever, then I mean you're golden.
Speaker 5: I've never understood the rules to that game. Yeah, it is a little uh you said like roll past the line is that it's past.
Speaker 6: So I mean essentially the quick version of it is is the first time that somebody rolls the dice, a seven or eleven is an automatic winner.
Speaker 4: A one.
Speaker 6: Or a twelve, One, two or twelve is an automatic Oh you can't do one, I guess, so I think it's two, two, three or twelve is an automatic loss. So everything in between and then everything in between what happens is you is that becomes the point. So that's the initial role that first roll seven or eleven winner, two three or twelve.
Speaker 1: You lose.
Speaker 6: If you when you do the initial roll out, you can put the the your your money on a pass or don't pass line. Everybody plays the pass because you play it. Don't pass your jackass, you're well. The don't pass is basically you're betting on the losing numbers and like seven is the most common number that you can roll, right, So like the odds of rolling a seven or eleven are actually pretty good. But once you get past that initial roll, everybody paying on the pass line. What happens is they say, is like, so if you rolled an eight on the first roll, so now the only number that the seven, is no longer a winner. It's a loser. It's a losing number. So like if they the next time they will seven, that's a progressive Yeah. So now any number, any other number doesn't doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: They just roll.
Speaker 6: It's like it rolls a three, okay, nothing, nothing happens to your money. Now that's where you get all these other things that are on the table. Right, you can bet uh six the hard way, so you can bet that the next roll is going to be a three, three and three. Right, You could also bet a six, and you could put money on the six. And so anytime every time that a six is rolled, you win. You win money for a six.
Speaker 1: So it's for.
Speaker 5: Everybody else around the table, not just the roller.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not just the roller. And as long as they don't roll a seven, all your money still sits on the table. Now, if the point we said they rolled an initial eight. If they roll the eight again, everybody on the pass line double up. They win their money back, right, And so you can decide what you want to do the next time. So you say, okay, well I want to play the pass line again. Then you do a new come out roll. You can leave your what they call it a come out roll, Yeah, finish and so and so then you start again. So the next time you do the comeout roll could be you could roll four. And so now it's like, okay, so for's the point, and you you don't want to put money on the four thing, but you might put it on the five, the sixty eight, and then you know that uh, seven is a loser and four is a winner. And then they also have field bets and all these other kind.
Speaker 1: Of that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I was kind of wondered why everybody was around the table, so I didn't really know it. I just thought, you know, like snake eyes your f you know, and then seven winner or whatever.
Speaker 6: And then when you when you crap out, if whoever craps out, whoever's rolling, they crap out, the next person next to them gets to roll the dice and they can pass. They could say I don't want to roll, and then the next personal roll. But when you get to roll, that's fun too because you get to stand. They put five dice in front of you and you pick the two that you want, and people have like I mean, it's a like.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I'm gonna try that the next time. I because I never understood it, so I was like, yeah, that's it's fun.
Speaker 6: You can find you can find like online like fake like right craps, and that's what I did the first time is I just played a little bit on there just to see figure it out, figure it out, and then once I did, like I was totally into it. But you do need to bring like a decent chunk of change because like to start with like bankroll yourself. So like the first time you play, you'll just play like the pass line and you'll kind of win, and like it's nice because the roles it takes so long, Like you're not losing money like that that it's not going super like a like sat machine or machine you're losing it fast or blackjack if it's just you at the table, like you could lose pretty quick. This takes a little bit longer because there's time in between the roles and they're handing out all this money and they're moving, things are exchanging, so you have time to make Yeah, you know, like I said, you get a couple of free drinks in there and stuff like that. Well, you know, you can play for five hours on one hundred bucks if you're doing it right, if it's a cheap table, if you're playing twenty five dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, like you said, that's pretty much gone now or there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when we play five dollars a hand, you bring one hundred dollars and it's like you can play there for a you can play a long time and not like lose.
Speaker 1: Your ass already.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, that was our ads.
Speaker 1: That's the probably bring me on.
Speaker 5: We can't get I don't say we gotta get gambling with Charlie.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 3: Uh So I want to pull this real quick.
Speaker 10: Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 3: So we have.
Speaker 4: Our guest for next week already confirmed.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were going with the other.
Speaker 3: One, which one? Oh, the battle moments, the bob.
Speaker 4: Thing, the bob.
Speaker 1: Thing, the person that had deceased.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it isn't getting well. Okay, we can all talk about that later too, But do you have confirmation that our guest for this week or next week?
Speaker 3: Storry, you're here, Charlie for next.
Speaker 4: Week is gonna be Chelsea former Beavers uh head coach. Yeah Stoneberg. She's always developed, always a nos as forever, but she'll be here. She's been on the show a couple of times in the past, so it'd be awesome to see her again.
Speaker 3: And she can drink beer nice, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: There you go and get a real deep dive. Now she's not really in there, you know, Yeah, ins and out. She's still the women's advisor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's still like she.
Speaker 6: Still works at the university, so there's still keeping keeping the mouth shut. I know how it goes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's our We'll have her on the show next week, so I'm looking forward to have her, former women's head coach for the Beavers, will be here.
Speaker 5: So for that we want to crack that first beer.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's get into that. If I can find the right button, it's now time for beer Billy. Not that one. This one's.
Speaker 2: It's time for the beer Billy Sports six packs brought to you by Bryce Primo from Team Cermak real Estate. Just like you your favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close by, sell, move, win with Bryce Primo and the Themitgee area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine or send an email to Premonition three sixty five. That's hotmail dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, First one, since we have a man who runs you say, runs Lakeland basically does everything, Charlie, you know a lot of stuff going around into town for local sports.
Speaker 3: What's happening locally right now?
Speaker 6: Well, the biggest news of today is Themidge High School boys soccer head coach Rick Toward as he has stepped down as the head coach. He got a teaching opportunity in Erguay, Orry Yeah would.
Speaker 1: You say it? Or yeah close enough good enough for me in South America.
Speaker 4: I'll see you later.
Speaker 6: So I hear they like soccer down there, so yeah he will, he will. He will fit in as far as that's concerned. But he's got a teaching opportunity down there. I haven't even had a chance to talk to him about it. What what it all entails. I didn't even know he spoke Spanish. Maybe he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. He's really going to be on a learning curve. It's going to be.
Speaker 5: I suppose soccer is a universal language if you're down there, but the old, the old teaching aspect might be a little difficult English. I suppose there you go, I know, but either way, I know that's a big loss. He's been the head coach for thirty one years, he's been with the program for thirty three and so, and he's just been a big part of the communities at all.
Speaker 6: The basketball games. Says, you know, talk to him every time I go to a sporting event, and so I know that he's going to be He is going to be missed, for sure. Kristen mcray was saying the same thing that this is. You know, a lot of coaches come and go, but this is a this is a big one. And I don't know. He may maybe he's only there for a year or two years, or I mean he's gonna retire down there. I mean, I don't know, it's right, I don't know what the beaches are like.
Speaker 1: Yea, it's probably pretty good.
Speaker 6: I know it's tropical. I know it doesn't snow unless you're in the andes therenow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I see like one state runner up for like section titles or something like that, I was kind of reading.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just most recently they won, not this past season, but two thousand and four they won the section title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they beat Buffalo in that one. Yeah, their runner up.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you ever it made ESPN their their their runner up finish because they're that game went to overtime. It was zero zero, and it was the game where off of the kickoff, the kid just punched it down the field and it was perfect right between the goalie and the goal like the kids like so immediately right off the kickoff, he just kicked it.
Speaker 5: Down the field and it went just that perfect shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one where like you're not really expecting it, And yeah, it made ESPN because it was one of those that was like holy cow. But yeah, that was one that also you're just like, even if you ask who about it, I've heard his version of the story. He was he hadn't even come back from break yet, like he was getting he was putting his head's head on, getting ready to go, and it happened, and he was.
Speaker 3: That would be audio one.
Speaker 5: That's that's the Steve Carell.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's almost like you wait for it and you just pretend like it didn't happen, and then you start yelling.
Speaker 5: And then even the winning team is just like for a second, like did that actually go in?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. That was a bummer for them.
Speaker 6: But either way, he's he's been a phenomenal coach and phenomenal like just done a great job just making young men.
Speaker 1: I was twelve years old when he started that job. Damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's nuts.
Speaker 1: I could have been on one of his team if I was a good soccer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that that would have been a good one.
Speaker 1: Able to run more than like ninety feet Wait wait, wait a second, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: Other things helping Yeah, yeah, other things.
Speaker 5: Dedication, You'll probably been a good one.
Speaker 1: Wanting to run, wanting to do anything else. That would have been great. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's been a lot of there's been a lot of coaching changes. I mean, the women's track and field coach for for BSU, Mike Lynch. She also stepped down obviously. Chelsea Stoltenberg, who he's going to be on next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she stepped away. And then Mike Johnson who just took the Bamidgi girls too, yeah to the state tournament, won them a section title first time since two thousand and seven. He's he is retired from coaching as well.
Speaker 5: That's just a walk off, like all right, I got that section title, like I'm done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's one of those things, like he's also his he's starting to get grandkids. Now we'll spend more time with them. And I mean, coaching is a is a big commitment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a huge commitment.
Speaker 4: It takes up whatever season you're in, and if you work in a full time job and then yeah, coaching it's like well so sorry family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's certainly a lot, and especially if you're in Bmidgie because there's a lot of travel that's involved and people don't realize like the behind the scenes like trying to find teams to play and trying to get all that like that stuff is tough too, and there's a whole bunch of other things that go into it. So I understand, you know, it's kind of time for people to walk away and then Schultz, Darren Schultz, the girls basketball coach, also stepping really retired, so he's walking away. They wanted he lost his mother in December and she was in Iowa and they were down there for that and so you know, it was it was a really really big deal and they want to move back closer to family. Him and his wife are from that area, and so they decided it was time for them to move out of the Midgee.
Speaker 4: And I would like Soldier. I played at Schultzy and softball. Yeah, talker, he doesn't should talk about for basketball when when I interview him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well man, he's on softball field.
Speaker 5: A little bit different, that's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Place to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he should Division two Slope Somn's League versus you know, the team.
Speaker 3: Division three at that time.
Speaker 5: Division either which either which way, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: It's a little different platform to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was giving you the business versus giving you the business.
Speaker 1: So certainly a lot of coaching changes.
Speaker 6: That's that seems to be like the the big thing going on.
Speaker 1: But obviously a.
Speaker 5: Lot of opportunity for other people to step up, and the.
Speaker 6: Spring sports just keep getting pushed back. They were all the b s U stuff was supposed to open up this weekend and they got down the road again.
Speaker 4: Oh what's happening right now? It's actually literally snowing right now.
Speaker 1: It's big snowflakes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's right out to look like it's sticking, which is really good. But to see a model today, that's going to be three to.
Speaker 5: Our beer belly sports weather analysts here, Matt Jeffrey's take.
Speaker 4: A look at the weather hero the Beer really Sports Radio network. We're gonna see a chance so three to six inches of snow or later on tonight and into tomorrow. So a pickup line he uses works every time alone, works every tag, every tag. Yeah, there's we're gonna get three to six inches of snow. It looks like it as of now, it's not really staying on the ground, So that's good. I mean that means the ground is thought out, So that's gonna be nice. Tomorrow may suck to drive, but if you have to go somewhere farm, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You should be it. You should have been a meteorologist.
Speaker 4: I'm done pretty good at just guessing.
Speaker 5: My favorite is every time he does it's like the Tom Shamansky when he'd be on the radio, you could tell that he was just outside wherever he was at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some ring going all right out the window. It's at the golf club.
Speaker 4: Just phoning Inye. Never done that, all right? Uh on the next one, beer opening button there it is.
Speaker 3: So the next one.
Speaker 1: Is this is why we're in the state of hockey deer buds. It's time to talk about you mean.
Speaker 4: He showed a while Well, how we do it on the Minnesota while there Birsi.
Speaker 5: Well, they in their last ten, they are a four to five and one. They fell down to before we were like if we were like second or third in the league. Now the Eastern Conference has picked it back up. Buffalo is at one hundred points, Tampa Bay is at ninety eight and stuff like that. So that doesn't really matter for us.
Speaker 4: But what a month left?
Speaker 5: No, there's like seven games left?
Speaker 3: Oh way off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joe, we're at we're at what the hell is it? Seventy five games? We have seventy four I'm sorry? And uh yeah, So actually now Dallas has actually a game on us now, but we're six points behind them with seven to go. That's we'll take a miracle. So that's basically who we're facing because Dallas.
Speaker 3: And we did not want to face Dallas.
Speaker 5: Well, no matter what, we were gonna face Colorado or Dallas.
Speaker 1: It's all that the.
Speaker 5: NHL playoffs has it now they have the second and third from each division because they want to create these rivalries.
Speaker 1: It's so stupid because if you, I mean.
Speaker 5: If they would have fail, well you would have gotten down to let's see, uh the wild Cards Utah right now, and they're at eighty two points. So I mean we can't even fall down that far. I mean it would take a colossus.
Speaker 6: Every single team in the Pacific Division one through three are all worse, are all worse than Minnesota. Oh yeah, and Vegas is tied with the Mammoth at eighty two points.
Speaker 3: So like in the did Vegas has fire the coach too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They hired Towrts welcome back towards. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I don't know. It's just I hate that playoff setup. It's like you should just be one through eight. That's the way it should be. But yeah, four five and one that hasn't been real great lately. Ever since all the trades and stuff. My boy Walstead hasn't been super great either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of failing out there wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tear down the wall. But I don't know. I was watched their you know, their powerplay seems better than it was last year, and their special teams. You know, they have more short handed goals I've seen this year than I have. I don't have any stats to back that up. That's just me watching the game. I like Bobby Brink. I think that trade was good for us. He seems like a very good skater. He's putting pressure on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know his connection to Bimigi, right, I do not know that hit me really.
Speaker 1: Yeah. His dad is like a legend at Bimigi High School.
Speaker 3: No kidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like he played hockey, was a state golf went to Minnesota, played hockey and played golf.
Speaker 5: They didn't tell me that on ESPN when we traded for him. Well, I just knew that he was from Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you guys watched Lakeland News you'd know that.
Speaker 5: Oh that's did you say that on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did. Yeah, ten o'clock at night, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 6: That's the that's the advantage of like Dennis knows because he's been here since ninety nine, so he knows like all the little intricacies and stuff. So he saw that Bobby Brink got traded and he's like, hey, did you know this? And I'm like no, And then I went and looked it up and found out that, you know, his dad was of course from California.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know that.
Speaker 6: I mean, Bobby Brink played for you know, the Skippers in Minnetonka, so he was a cake eater, but his dad. Yeah, but up here it was yet not showing up to press conferences and whatnot.
Speaker 1: That's cool, you know how they do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too cool for us, too cool for school anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a while. These seven games lefter, are you nervous?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I did played Dallas.
Speaker 5: I mean if we win, I think we have to play to Colorado. So I mean even before we get to the Western Conference finals, we have to go through the gauntlet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I honestly feel like one and done.
Speaker 5: Dallas is like three five and two in their last ten, so they haven't been doing super great either. But I mean we got to get going before we hit the playoffs, so guys, because I mean, when we're playing good, I don't think there's any team in the league.
Speaker 1: But right now it's just not playing very well, not playing very well.
Speaker 4: Not playing very well. By the way, Hi Parker, he said hey, saying hey back hello, Hello Hello. H's yeah, move it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's not a whole lot.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Man wants to keep the sports.
Speaker 3: Short because we have other stuff. Good into other stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got so many other things.
Speaker 4: Other things. Uh So, Bruce want to talk about this Pro days?
Speaker 5: You're a coach in football?
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 5: These pro days to me just seemed stupid, Like they like, what is it basically just to prove that you're not Johnny Manzel. He can show up not hungover. I you know, because I was watching the Mendoza one today and it's just hit him out there, just in shorts, chucking the football around and he's not hitting these guys and strides and everybody's like, what a performance this kid out there? Just you know, I mean, then you know ESPN broke it down, like on the routes, he's talking to him about whatever's going on, and sure he had an unbelievable season. He was sixteen, and oh but it I don't know, I just I don't get these pro Days.
Speaker 3: Two dogs has left the house.
Speaker 6: Your dogs are like velociraptors, like unless they know how to open doors.
Speaker 5: We're in Jurassic Park, Like.
Speaker 4: I see a squirrel, fuck you him out of here?
Speaker 6: No, I you know, as far as pro days are concerned, I look at that and I think to myself, if because they were I mean, think of all the guys like the high draft picks.
Speaker 1: It looks like I almost dropped.
Speaker 6: My my microphone there coming off the stand.
Speaker 1: Technical difficulties here.
Speaker 6: Folks, Well we'll figure it out eventually, I could.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We had our own problems. We've got our own problems. Everybody.
Speaker 6: Everybody's got problems. It's he walked, Matt walked away and the whole thing fell apack.
Speaker 1: What happened? Did he touch your butt? What do you walk by?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're lucky. He gets pretty handy. There's no HR department here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd like to speak to the manager.
Speaker 1: I am the manager. That is the problem. I am the manager. I am the manager. So anyway, the.
Speaker 6: As far as proteins are concerned, like all the guys that are really really good, like they don't go to those things anyway, Like you know, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what are you going for?
Speaker 6: Like all the best guys you've seen don't go because the only thing that could do is hurt you.
Speaker 1: Probably is that more of the combine, don't They all go to their prote's and not the combine.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, so some of them do do their own prote Yeah, where they'll where they'll do it. Like so like NDSU has them, And if you're a guy that didn't get invited to the combine, I can see where you would want to do it. I could see Like who's that cat from Minnesota State Barhead that's trying to get the quarterback there that's trying to get drafted. Yeah, but he went to the NDSU pro day. You know, he's by a couple of guys, and like, so you want to try to get your name out there if you're not somebody that. But the thing is, if you're having a pro day, there's probably already scouts that know about you, and the only thing they want to see, you know, they're looking at more of like some of your like intricate mechanics and things like that. Like they're not worried about you hitting receivers right in a wide open whatever drill, like, because you're not even reading defenses out there, They're just looking at you like specifically, are you a guy that's got a quick release?
Speaker 1: Are you guy that have those things?
Speaker 5: And you can do something like that from a pro day though, you know, I don't know the mechanics.
Speaker 6: I guess like I hear what you're saying, like your mechanics, Yeah, what does his footwork look like when he snaps right? Those types of things? What's his follow through like that? Those little things? I think when you're if your alignment or you're one of those positions, you know, how do you does he run his routes?
Speaker 1: Crisp? Is he you know? How does he catch the ball with his hands? Is serious? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And uh, you know guys that do blocking or whatever like tight ends, like I just you just want to see how big they are in person? Yeah, right when when you're standing next to him, you get an idea. But I think overall, like it's more for like scouts and stuff. People make a big deal about it.
Speaker 5: Interviews, Like you're in one one location and they all can kind of do their interviews at once instead of praying because the windows he's not going anywhere else he's going to be like the number one pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I was just watching that today and I was like, what's the point of this? You know, he's just in you know, shorts, and he's just kind of chucking the football around and and to be honest, like you know, he's throwing it deep. And then this guy is like holding up like Randy Moss in ninety eight for Randall Cunningham throwing a deep ball. You know, it's like, what is the I guess I don't know what's up. What's the point? What's the To me?
Speaker 6: It almost seems it's like a hype thing, right, Yeah, because I've talked about this before, Like you look at uh from a from a college coach's perspective, when you're looking at guys that get they get offers. Right, kid gets a gets an offer from somebody, and maybe he wasn't a kid that deserved an offer, but for whatever reason, school offered him. Then all of a sudden, the kids got thirty offers because he got the one, because he got one from somewhere, and then all of a sudden, everybody's like, oh, oh, we got an offer from there, Like oh.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're we got it.
Speaker 5: We missed him. We missed it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So all of a sudden, the offers start pouring in and then you get hype around a kid. And I think it's kind of the same thing. It's guys that just want to keep their keep their names on, you know, lists, and I feel like a lot of guys do pro days too. Are Probably that's for guys that are gonna be like way down the draft thing.
Speaker 1: So Mendoza did it for his wide receivers.
Speaker 5: Maybe probably there he had like I don't know, he was saying, there was like X amount of people that were there but just watching him and the camera was just on him, and everybody talked just to him, And I'm like, what's the whole point of this man?
Speaker 1: Just for him?
Speaker 5: Just like I was telling Matt before, this is it just to basically prove that he's not Johnny Manziel, Like he doesn't show up wreaking a booze or he's got like a white ring around.
Speaker 6: His I don't know, maybe the maybe maybe, like cause the whole Vanderbilt thing over the last two years, like and if he doesn't pan out in the NFL, like this is it for him?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: This is his This is the end of his being relevant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it could be just one of those things like this is my last chance to be to be relevant in a way. I don't know, right, Different guys probably do it for different reasons, and I.
Speaker 5: Just kind of thought i'd ask you about it, because like, you're you've actually coached football, and I'm just, you know, obviously an observer of it, and I was I've always just been like, like, you know, wh Johnny Manziel did it. He's like he had the football helmet on, and I'm like, oh man, that's cool show when he can, you know, throw, make these throws at this and then it just find out later he was hung over and didn't really want anybody close to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Mendoza was at the at the Combine though, so like why he needed a pro day, I don't know. Maybe he thought he didn't do very well the at the Combine, who knows.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was always kind of wondered about it because, like, you know, I've been watching him for years and it's just like, what's the point of this, You're like, I know, JaMarcus Russell made the big come up in his because he just kneeled down and threw the ball seventy five yards, and l Davis is like, draft him number.
Speaker 1: One, Draft him, even though Lane Kiffin didn't want him, draft.
Speaker 5: Him number one. He could throw the ball seventy No, you're never gonna have to throw the ball seventy yards from your knee. You're down, Yeah, down, I guess not in college, but not in the NFL. Like you technically could go back there and chuck it from seventy yards on your knee unless you're giving yourself up. Then there's that whole debt. But I just I've always just kind of wondered what the hell the point of these things are other than interviews and whatever else. But you know, Mendoza today was like, well, you know, I just wanted to be crisp and you know, show this in that and very underwhelming. They were saying like his size and whatever else. But I don't know, I just I thought, like, he's underthrowing stuff.
Speaker 6: And I think it's just the opportunity to be relevant, keep fresh in people's minds.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of what it is. Next one, that's it.
Speaker 4: You won't all right, it's time to in the wiel.
Speaker 2: It's time now just spin the wheel. That time I went the bed smoked meats. It doesn't missed up a ron dots balls, weish women. It's top lights video games.
Speaker 4: So I don't know about you guys. Do you play that video games? Charlie, Yeah, okay, cool perfect.
Speaker 5: I just actually had a national or a college championship game on Saturday, then had the well that had a very unlikely outcome.
Speaker 1: I was, uh, oh, good for you. I was down by four.
Speaker 5: That's my buddy Sam threw the ball and I got stopped at like the three yard line seventeen seconds after all, the game's over. My buddy Sam was like, no, it's not over yet, blah blah. I'm like one run. I don't have any timeouts left. Games over. Well, he went to go like just kneel on it, and it was by the end zone, so his quarterback instead of just kneeling on it, just dove forward and fumbled the football. I got the ball back and that scored a touchdown on the next play to win the game.
Speaker 1: And it was like, I don't feel good.
Speaker 5: He's like, give me a minu. I'm gonna go ouside and punch a tree. It's one of those wins. You don't really feel good about it because I lost the game.
Speaker 1: I lost because the game decided. Yeah, the game decided to just make his guy lunch forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah he no, yeah, it's like and then I was like, you know what I learned from that, Sam, If that ever happens to me, I'm gonna because he was like, I don't care about his safety. Two points, kick the ball off, no big deal. All right, now I'm gonna snap the ball and then run. I'm gonna dan Orlofski and run up. But yeah, that's my video gaming. That happened just this weekend.
Speaker 4: I don't play much video games for the week, but I'm deciding if I want to get the new and will be the show Evans, I've gotten it for many many years. Yeah, but I'm not spending seventy bucks. A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I was playing. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's the same fucking What.
Speaker 1: Did you just say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah you didn't really you said a lot without saying anything.
Speaker 4: I do that a whole time.
Speaker 6: NC Dove is like the only sports game that's I really plays.
Speaker 3: So I just take the Gophers and try to win or two.
Speaker 5: Well this year with the whole like breaking down of the player. I didn't really know that. And uh, my guy went down about week ten by running. I wasn't like he kept getting injured. I'm like, is he hurt or is he not? Well, no, he's back out there, and then he was just done for the year.
Speaker 1: Just I'm like, no, that's my best player. Man.
Speaker 6: I've had to adjust, like you can go in and adjust some stuff, and I've had to adjust like wear and tear, yeah, because some of it's like ridiculous. It's like, well, you're making me play this guy a ridiculous amount and you won't sub him out, and so like you have to, like so I changed like the wear and tear like on some of the guys.
Speaker 1: So it's a little more accurate.
Speaker 5: But I'm just I literally today I played again and I just I got up by a little bit and then I chewed the clock and then I was up by like two scores, and then I put in all the backups and I just kept chewing the clock. I just kept chewing the clock like I'm not I'm not pressing. I'm not pressing anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't I would not put anybody else. I would not send my backups.
Speaker 1: You're not sending your backupslock.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: No, My my video game mostly consists I got other than NC DUB. I play like the legs of all the games, like, oh nice, those are my games, and then wow, Halo too, Like, OK, what do you play?
Speaker 1: Like the Switch?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got switched, so I played. I actually just played for probably like the eighth or ninth time played.
Speaker 5: Okarnoh finished it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's one of those that like at this point, like I know we're you play. I played it so many times, like I know where all the heart pieces, and I know where everything's hiding. I know all the I just do it just because like I'm I always like there's a little thing here there.
Speaker 1: I'm always surprised by. But yeah, how's.
Speaker 5: My buddy played on the N sixty four. The one is like you have to like memorize the flute.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's that's like, dude, I was like, how do you remember that? He's like you have to remember it.
Speaker 6: It's not it's really like once you've done it. This is the same thing as like when you play Halo and like you memorize like what a map it like the map, Like it's the same thing you just kind of know where everything is and what's going on, so it's not like overly complicated end sixty four, Like.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I just remember him playing and I'm like, how the hell do And I think he wanted me to think that it was more complicated than it was because I didn't play. I was like, all right, here's your time.
Speaker 6: I'm just the newer one are open world and those are like like hundreds of hours you can put into those and play and and have a GTA.
Speaker 4: That's what GTA is gonna be about. And the whole server is gonna be fucked for a goddamn month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my buddy plays GTA five on a computer. No, yeah, that's on our computer.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 5: And he's like, dude, He's like he owns a gun store. Him and his buddies like they know paramedics, and like somebody robbed him in front of his gun store. He went inside, he locked the door. They robbed him, and they're like, couldn't get out of the building, and they're like, hey, unlock the door, we'll give you stuff. He's like, no, I'm gonna die here. My buddies that own the gun store with me are playing with me are coming back, and you're gonna get smoked.
Speaker 3: Jada said, I'd be crushing candy like a.
Speaker 5: True Oh god, who else is going to crush his candy? Bruce, that's a that's a quote from her before got's to do it?
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, that's it.
Speaker 1: You just you don't you don't, you don't know if you're gonna buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to buy it. Uh, it will be the show. Aiden said, he loves it. I'm like, I don't want to buy seventy or seventy dollars worth the same ship that I see every fucking year.
Speaker 6: You're afraid roster, You're afraid, you're gonna you're gonna play it, and then you're gonna get into it, and then I do get bored of it. I realized I'll just get bored with him.
Speaker 5: It's like that's like the same thing as like Mad and I guess in any of these games, you're basically just buying it for the updated roster, yeah yeah, and the one or two things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can get updated rosters on the old one.
Speaker 4: That's what I did for DUB.
Speaker 6: But at least an n C DUB, like you could win an a like I could win a national title with Texas and be like, all right, now I'm gonna go play with Navy. Yeah, and that's a completely different offense. Run triple options, and I have to figure out how to run the triple. So like those things one for me to like, you can run the triple, I do. I love people and the triple.
Speaker 5: You know that is the most dangerous. If you know how to do that, you can't be stopped, and a human on human game can't be stopped.
Speaker 4: I love when play against computer they run like the Navy. I like, I'll bring my whole offense down and run that zero blitz like, well, gout to you.
Speaker 1: Defense id't even play defense. I just got the offense.
Speaker 4: Defense defense justin said yay more snow Jadas a true gamer, I mean, lol.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm down down. I still play some online hockey every now and again with my buddy Sam. Now everybody else, I like, we started in like twenty ten, we had a buddy that was like, you should play this game, and I didn't really follow hockey. It's the big reason why I follow hockey now. But now everybody else that I play with is so far advanced and I only play it like once every other week.
Speaker 1: I just get smoked.
Speaker 3: I play defense.
Speaker 4: I don't. I'm not too good to play fucking forward and get stick cap it just hap to get in front of the get in front of the shot, and kick it out to the offense.
Speaker 5: Like there go, there you go, that's your here you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a point.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, yes, bartender, your poor favor, poor favor.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I don't know what dog's working for.
Speaker 6: They're just letting us know that you really need to get this untangled.
Speaker 4: Yes, dad, I know you get told that every week. Okay, okay, Scott.
Speaker 5: Not just one. This is got the whole twelve buddy that you guys got a I bought, I've got another one like hiding in the car were they literally had two on the shelf and I bought both of them.
Speaker 6: So nobody else in town gets to enjoy my favorite beer. But this is from my thank you sure at home, State of Cali. A Firestone walker and this is whenever I'm old, and this is what I always drink at the bar from on tap.
Speaker 1: It's always on tap.
Speaker 4: Let's do a let's do a silver bullet session here. Uh So this is a Firestone Walker Brewing Company. It's a eight o five, it's a blonde ale. It can is a black can, a little bit of a silver in it. Twelve ounce can, properly chilled, cool, good as it should be. Never had beer that's I don't like beer that's warm. But but yeah, it's the blonde Ale. So you set it out of California.
Speaker 6: Yep, Central Coast. Firestone they do. They do a couple of different beers, but this is like they're kind of like one that really put them on the map. Okay, it's it's it's it's not light beer, no, but it's got it's I just love the taste.
Speaker 4: What's the percentage of it? I don't think I didn't say on.
Speaker 1: Here mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: So's four point seven okay, for it's a little more than a core's light, but it's okay. Yeah, Justin said this is the last unfiltered show before the ESPN filters.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Matt put out a April Fools thing where we signed by ESPN.
Speaker 4: Dogs. What the fuck? Oh?
Speaker 3: I bet Maxie?
Speaker 1: Oh that was.
Speaker 6: That was one of the worst things about today. From from a this me me shooting shooting a shot at you guys from from proper news outlets. Yeah, is is you go to put something on Twitter and you say like you're trying to report something, and people are like April fools.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, this is not April fools. This is this is this is a real thing that's happening. Yeah, and and everybody, no one believe.
Speaker 6: Like the the Rick Toward thing, there are a lot of people that were like, oh, is this April fools.
Speaker 1: Like, no, it's unfortunate, it's not unfortunately.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: That's where of like you, like you know, Mac falls into trouble this and me as well. You have to read to the bottom of all these long winded posts where you're just like I don't really I'm interested, and then it's like okay, I don't want to read that much. And at the end it's like April fools.
Speaker 6: My thing is is like if you're gonna do it, like, you have to do it to the to the extent that it's fairly obvious that what you're doing is probably not true. Like the Gophers did a thing where they're like, oh, we're going to have a gopher it all the gophers like we have a live mascot.
Speaker 4: Now like, oh yeah, that's like Phil and I was like, all.
Speaker 6: Right, well this the one I saw today was like they're gonna call him Little g and I was like I looked at it and like I was like, oh, it's April Fools Day, so it's probably April Fools. But it was like it was kind of maybe believable enough, but also at the same time, like they're not gonna have.
Speaker 1: Like a live go for.
Speaker 5: So like Bevo, you know, he just got him in a cage.
Speaker 1: But like him out there.
Speaker 6: Yes, you did one where they said they were going to change their name to like the Lake Sharks or something last year, and like that one's so far unbelievable that like that, you're like, okay, like that happen. They're having fun. But some of it, like if you're doing things that are just like that are straight up like so and so died today, Like yeah, that's probably not a good.
Speaker 5: Ayea joke, Like you've got to you know, what is the best April Fool's Day joke that you've ever been a part of or seen.
Speaker 1: Or I don't.
Speaker 5: My buddy Matt, his dad, he was like fifteen, and his dad told me to drive somebody home, and then he drove his buddy home and then he stayed.
Speaker 1: At his house.
Speaker 5: He goes, hey, Dad, I got arrested. Man, I don't have a driver's licens. You got a couple of beers underneath the seat, and he's like what.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 5: And then like, you know, he kind of played it off well, and then he drove home and his dad was like, you son of a bitch. You know, that's one of the funnier ones. But still, like can imagine as the parent that was probably not cool.
Speaker 3: So this one you guys talk about, now, this is real.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can play button for it, but I don't have to play it, but uh, this is real. Not I for a joke, but from Bosberger's the voice of Eugene was hospitalized after a fiery crash. Doesn't say he's dead, to say he's in a fiery he was in a fire crash was forty eight minutes.
Speaker 5: Ago, So that might be.
Speaker 1: Jo or no, no.
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking at everything else.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 4: Uh, it did say that, Oh it's his hostile he's not dead. So yeah, there's another one says it's good. So he's hospitalized Eugene from Bosberger is hospitalized. So anyways, that's the press. Why did you bring that up? I don't know, all right, Moving on to the next one, moving home, moving home, all right, So this one is it's kind of a big deal. I should probably play it. I gotta find the button for it, and I thought I was there, but it wasn't here.
Speaker 2: Alert Alert, somebody's going it's about to get blown up. It's now time for another Bley sports shot bets.
Speaker 3: So if you follow the show, which you know that.
Speaker 4: The five people who listen to show the basis, we have a shot bet. And I made a bet that I will say that Joe Ryan will be traded by this offseason aka April by April, and that has proven that it's FALSEK. He's on the mound right now, he's right now.
Speaker 1: I just watched him throw a sinker in the dirt.
Speaker 4: So what we're doing is I'm gonna pick out of the bag of shots that's right here, have it over here, So I'm random pick.
Speaker 1: The strawberry vodka wasn't terrible? Straight pop off? What's called pop off? Oh you could find it. It's bottom shelf, it's bottom ship.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, this is turpentine, buddy, It's like drinking ninety nine bananas.
Speaker 1: I bet the thing worse.
Speaker 6: Than that is Vodka of the Gods from Trader Joe's. And that one's got like a chocky like but it was cheap.
Speaker 1: You get a handle for like eight bucks.
Speaker 5: Like like the hell is that one white eagle or something that around here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, god, it's just terrible.
Speaker 5: Seven ninety nine for one point like rubbing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you smell it?
Speaker 4: You put that on a wound, drink that.
Speaker 5: That's why you keep it around.
Speaker 6: I skinned my knee pop off, not even like I love us his premium blend. What are they blending? Yeah, socks potatoes. Yeah, it's potatoes fermented and then then filtered to a dirty a Russian sack from from the Russian from the Russian hockey team. Oh god, that's that's straight from trenny X sock.
Speaker 4: It's actually the bust your bubble. It's actually from Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Is that where they're making Yeah, they bought it.
Speaker 5: They bought it from over there though.
Speaker 3: But still same applies.
Speaker 1: They've got bourbon in Kentucky and there they got hold on.
Speaker 5: They got it from Rick Patino's sock.
Speaker 1: He looks like the Emperor. Now all right, let's see here you go.
Speaker 5: He hasn't thrown up yet.
Speaker 1: He breathes fire. He's a dragon.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm glad I got the I'm glad I got the strawberry vodka that wasn't terrible that.
Speaker 1: Made me sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all of them. Yeah, he just he just starts chugging them all.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Justin said I found a random number and said I was at the local thirty and told the person there a spouse was dead.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, that's not I don't think that's within the spirit of April.
Speaker 1: That feels that feels just cruel and all that.
Speaker 5: Jada got me with one. She was driving my dad's truck and there was this app on your phone where you could put dents in it, and she was like, hey, somebody hit your dad's truck in the parking lot. And I'm like, are you okay. She's like yeah, yeah, yeah, blah blah blah, And I'm like that's fine. And I'm sitting at work, I'm like, how much overtime I'm gonna have to work? Like that's gonna be And then like about like she only waited like about a half an hour and then she's like April fools and I'm like, oh, thank god, her like vehicle broke down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just take my truck. God damn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gross, But so.
Speaker 5: Far in our twins Cubs bet it's three to two and one and three so early.
Speaker 1: All right, we're doing all right.
Speaker 4: If you don't know that, we made another shot bet that Twins will do better than the Cups. And okay, the Cubs are doing not doing greade either, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: No, it's because they got rid of Tucker. Where do you go? By the way, la.
Speaker 3: Must be a nice having money?
Speaker 1: Sure is what that?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: What it would be?
Speaker 5: What would be their salary this year if they were like to put all of it on, like oh, Tony's what's seventy million?
Speaker 6: And then well that still counts against some of it counts against the.
Speaker 5: I don't know how exactly the aprons and no they don't have the aprons.
Speaker 1: Do they know it counts.
Speaker 6: It doesn't count against like what they're paying this season, but it counts against like their penalt Yeah, the luxury tax and penalties, Like they don't get out of that part. So they still have to pay a bunch of money and luxury taxes, but they're making they're probably the luxury tax is probably what they're getting just off of ticket sales alone.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure.
Speaker 6: I know everybody gives them crap because they're like, oh, look half full stadium, but like every one of those tickets was sold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's because it's only the second inning. You gotta wait till like the fourth inning, and then everybody piles in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody piles in thereverybody leaves early. La traffic terrible between the third and the sixth's for the multis la.
Speaker 5: People probably really hate that pitch clock. You're getting left baseball, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, kidd, And there was they were.
Speaker 6: I was cracking up too because they you see MLB post to put all the things up, like all the different fun things they're doing at each like stadium. Like Seattle's got like a little it's like an actual shape, like a like a boat, and it's got like chicken or like fish sticks in it or whatever, and like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers had one.
Speaker 6: It's a margarita in a miniature like cooler, so like you know, like the Gatorade coolers, and it's margarita with like teen and stuff in the and the lid like screws off or whatever.
Speaker 5: That's cool though, man, you take that home, you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably costs like fifty bucks.
Speaker 6: That's that's like I went one time and got like got is like a I don't know if people around here drink these, but meet a lot of where they put like clemato, Oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, you put like climato and then like a Mexican beer like pacific O. Yeah, mix it and yeah, so like instead of bloody marries, like it's a bloody beer. Yeah, it's like what you what you do for breakfast?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: For sure? For sure?
Speaker 6: You know got vodka around you got so every Sunday because games come on at ten o'clock on the East coast or on the West coast, so you know, we'd have brunch at the local bar.
Speaker 5: I like, I like you, I like the I like the I like the figures beer.
Speaker 4: At o'clock.
Speaker 6: Ten o'clock games are starting, so they've got you know, they've got corn beef hash and.
Speaker 3: That's not whatever.
Speaker 5: No, definitely that's got to be sick though. Ten o'clock in your NFL games are starting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then one o'clock all the secondary games are started and so like, and so everything's done by like Sunday Night Football is like you go home watch Sunday Night Football and it's over by like seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sleeping. Everybody out of here is like you're trying to stip on midnight today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's it's totally different out on the West Coast, like West Coast, like you go to the bar, like all the games are done except for like the Dodger game. Yeah it started at seven past but like ten o'clock, everything's done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're at five o'clock. Yeah, nine o'clock and you're getting games just starting on the West.
Speaker 5: Oh god, if the wild they're playing the Kings, you're screwed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You watch the watch it the puck drop and that's it.
Speaker 4: I watched it, like that's the Saturday.
Speaker 3: Watch a period. That's about it.
Speaker 4: Justin said, do you have a hat bet if twins have more wins? No hat?
Speaker 5: And you guys, me and him had like Jake Arietta and he had Zack Grinky a while ago and we would bet a hat. Who and then the one year ari I won it twice because Arieta won the cy Young and then Arieta had like some better stats, and then the next year Grinky had better stats. So we each had to like buy each other well forty dollars forty dollars hats.
Speaker 1: Oh damn yeah.
Speaker 5: So we we we went pretty hard on that one.
Speaker 6: We used to I used to do one with my buddy was a USC fan u c l A fan. We used to whoever won the football game that that next day or that next Monday at school.
Speaker 1: Had to wear the other teams.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that was that was tough wear in a USC Reggie Bush jersey and people are like, l A fan, Yeah, thank you. I made a bet with Brandy Duke in North Carolina. I have to drink a North Carolina shot. It's like this turquoise blue. Me and my buddy Sam used to bet fight songs that you'd have to record on your phone. Thank those phones are gone, so there's no longer us singing another team's fight song on a recorded video network. Somewhere you find that one. You did some homework one, But that was that. I love those types. Like we made like I made a outlandish bet Peyton Manning and Indianapolis lost by whatever I go, they're going to the super Bowl this year. My buddy Sam goes, I'll put a dress on it. So I had nothing. So if if Indianapolis didn't make it to the super Bowl, like I didn't lose anything. The fact that it made it. He had to wear a dress to the super Bowl party and I got to pick it out.
Speaker 1: I also lost because then we had that dress.
Speaker 5: And then if he came an ongoing bet and then I said, like the Raiders are going to make the playoffs something stupid. You know, I was a drunk one night, and so then I had.
Speaker 1: To wear it.
Speaker 6: It'd be a good April Fools joke, like clear out your buddy's closet and just leave it dress in the morning.
Speaker 1: And that's a good one.
Speaker 3: And the only thing they have to wear dress from from your mom's closet.
Speaker 4: The way. That was very nice.
Speaker 5: That was very well done.
Speaker 4: Math. That's probably the second time we referenced.
Speaker 5: It's a great, great movie. It turns your mouth.
Speaker 4: Let me keep it. Uh, Justin said Brownie had it into the into already had through that no, no, yeah, area through then he know, really, let's move on. So Twins it comes up date, like said, the Twins are playing right now. Do we really feel like the Twins are going anywhere? Bruce, I don't have your prediction of how many wins Twins will have.
Speaker 5: I put I went like sixty four last year, and I was under, I'll do like seventy four this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean right now, they're.
Speaker 5: Only only giving up the twelfth most points or twelfth most runs in the Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: He said, sixty four.
Speaker 1: It's the small victory. It's a very small victory. That was that one.
Speaker 5: I was looking at the stats today and I was like, twenty eighth and everything offensive category, it was just bad. And then at the end it was like twelfth and I'm like, what's that runs against? I'm like, oh, that's not old steady.
Speaker 3: He said, how many games?
Speaker 4: You said, seventy four? Seventy four?
Speaker 6: What do you got, Charlie, Oh, you're asking me. I'm going somewhere in the seventy righte Oh, let's just go.
Speaker 1: Seventy two.
Speaker 4: Ironically, Hoover w was seventy two. I went sixty five. Being the official unofficial owner of the Minnesota Twins, he's got he's got a calf Tt Yeah, official and official owner uh As Hoover would say to I went sixty five, Ted Sweatzer went seventy five, Dustin seventy eight, Scott seventy five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't see them winning above aby.
Speaker 5: I thought, you know what the you know, like Royce Lewis first round pick, brooks Lee first round pick.
Speaker 1: I think what.
Speaker 5: Larnick was a first round pick, Buxton was a first round pick. Stay healthy, and it's just they've not They've never put it together. And and I was like thinking, you know, maybe Derek Shelton can. And then to start the season, they had a lot of people on base the opening day and then they didn't score. And I was like, all right, same ultimins, just a new bearded man behind the bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See the problem is if you have like a good stretch right at the beginning of the season, like that's when you give him fucking Hope a little flag at the end, just to give him.
Speaker 1: Some fucking okay, Robin Williams.
Speaker 6: And this way, you know, it's probably better just to kill it, right. I saw that thing that came out that was like it said fan bases like they had it all over Twitter and they did like a poll of like fan base his faith in their team today, We're dead last four percent, and then the Eels were above them with like five and then the next closest team was like in the twenty percent. Even the White Sox. Those guys on the south side, man oh man, they were probably drunk when they were Yeah, fair enough. They got they got the Pope behind them. Remember that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. They got they got the power of God. Yeah, that's right, they got God.
Speaker 4: Anime Justin said, I haven't seen the Twins game since two thousand and six, so I am going eighty one wins. Oh balls, love it?
Speaker 3: Good for him?
Speaker 1: Good for you? Oh, good for you, gotcha, bitch?
Speaker 4: So yeah, move on the next one. So oh this is for you, Bruce. He was a Vikings updates.
Speaker 5: There's not really any updates. I just have a couple of questions for you guys. Okay, So with Kyler Murray and uh, DeAndre Hopkins wants to join the Minnesota Vikings. Who would you rather have either DeAndre Hopkins or Tyreek Hill? Uh, and one's going to be more expensive than the other.
Speaker 1: Oppos question.
Speaker 5: DeAndre Hopkins is a decent red zone target. We don't have a third wide receiver because Naylor went to the Raiders, So I mean we have to I mean, maybe ty Felton emerges and becomes that next Jaalen Naylor. Who knows, but we drafted him instead of camp'scataboo. So pissed, But.
Speaker 4: Cussions runs the football. He runs the football.
Speaker 5: That's that's his own life that he has to worry about later in life.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I feel like DeAndre Hopkins because he comes with less baggage for sure, Like who knows what Tyreek's got all kinds of I mean, there's always.
Speaker 5: So many baby moments as he happened to well not.
Speaker 6: Even I mean not even that stuff, like we're just talking just the way that he you know, how he wants to be treated and how you know this and that and all the I mean, it's just like, do you really want.
Speaker 5: That publicly dissed his team?
Speaker 4: You know, like you want to cancer.
Speaker 1: I don't like DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 6: Is thinks very highly of himself, but I've never heard him truly like be a bad locker room guy. I haven't anything like that. And then I guess I haven't heard that about Tyrek either.
Speaker 5: But well, the one, the one that I can remember is like he publicly, like you know, in an interview, was like these guys suck. Yeah, you know, when they were doing bad. And then I'm not a big tyreek. I mean he's super fast and talented and all that other stuff. But all right, now here's another one, Deebo Samuel or one of the other ones, Debo's he's also a free agent.
Speaker 1: Now, Diebo wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, Diva would not be bad for us.
Speaker 5: I just I just saw him today. I was looking at the free agent listen. I was like, oh, hell yeah, man, I'd take some Debo.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, Diebo would be good. I mean, are you keeping Jordan Addison interview letting that guy?
Speaker 5: Well, we just signed him to that extension. I mean he doesn't Is he gonna get suspended is the biggest question. I mean, who gets kicked out of a noodle bar at three in the morning, fucking noodle bar.
Speaker 1: Jesus, maybe you thought it was a nude bar. Yeah, where are the ladies? This is a noodle bar. No noodles, noodle noodles.
Speaker 6: And when he didn't get what he wanted, he threw noodles all over the place after his car and drove off at a hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Where's my dog?
Speaker 5: Dustin put that in one of his uh your really sports history things a text message where they actually have a picture of his dog in the carant that's funny. But yeah, I was just kind of like, you know, like we gotta do something at the third wide receiver, and nobody wants to talk about Kyler Murray anymore and all this other stuff. So it's like I thought I'd bring up some these interesting wide receivers that are going to be coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't give a shit about.
Speaker 5: I mean, your your offensive line is going to be terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have uh oh, what's this guy? Kid of his name? He had to give back his fucking sign up bonus. Yeah, Frank got to get back, said pull the fucking Barry Sanders. He cast to give back his fucking signing bonus.
Speaker 1: He retired.
Speaker 5: And then almost and then he almost came back and they said don't and then they have to give back to signing boats. I mean, I guess that's that's up to them. And however they well, I mean that just kind of makes like I mean that just sets the standard going forward, like, well, I don't know if I want to go there, if I'm gonna have to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, typical Lions doing Lions things.
Speaker 5: Even when he got he tried to come back. I mean, and he was hurt, dude, he was.
Speaker 3: It was hurt a lot of times he was.
Speaker 5: He's a good center. I mean, he's out of Minnesota, but I don't remember exactly where. But yeah, that's a that's an uphill battle for you and your Lions.
Speaker 4: I already told you it's gonna be We're probably gonna have a okay year, and then add for that right back down on the fucking cellar. So that's okay where I'm trying to live with what I can't.
Speaker 5: You think it gonna pull in Joey Bosa.
Speaker 3: No, fucked I would love that, but that's not happening.
Speaker 5: You still really want a Joey Bosa on the other side of I would.
Speaker 4: Love that on the other side of Hunch that'd be great.
Speaker 5: You think you still got it? Yeah, I didn't really do a whole lot last year with.
Speaker 4: Buffalo, but he's indoors on the turf the defensive end.
Speaker 5: You think the indoors matters coach indoors outdoors versus a defensive end. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Now whatever, fuck you guys. All right, women, come back. We are gonna do misconnections. We're gonna update that bracket, not one, but two brackets that we have going on right now, and we have misconnections. I think it's a misconnection. You said that, all right, All right, I had a couple of drinks already, and then we're gonna do News of the Weird and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll find some other fun things to talk about.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna come up. You listening to Beer Ballet Sports.
Speaker 9: Nope, We're enough to know what I'm doing, and I'm drunk enough to really enjoy doing it, So throw.
Speaker 1: That Beer Belly Sports podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey Brews, why are you loading a recliner, a TV, and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 5: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at Home Choice in Bmiji. Use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 4: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 5: Heck, yeah, mentioned Beer Belly Sports in store and boom, a hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 4: I'm heading there right now. Do they sell Cagarraiders.
Speaker 5: Oh, they've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 1: Head to home choice in Bumigi today.
Speaker 6: Use promo code BBS or beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 1: People need to be entertained. They need the distraction.
Speaker 5: I wish to God that somebody would do something to block out the voices in my head for five minutes. Voices that scream over and over.
Speaker 1: Why do they come to me to die? Why do they come to me to die?
Speaker 4: Okay, here's the guys.
Speaker 11: This is Lois from the Knob and Cattle Restaurant and Lounge where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of i Taska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you the NBN Kettle Restaurant, your prime destination.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like a summer night at the ballpark in Bimigee.
Speaker 4: Swing on.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a strikeout.
Speaker 2: And for the third straight year, Beer Belly Sports Radio Network it's proud to be broadcasting local baseball.
Speaker 4: It's swung on, gonna be dropping, dropping, dropping, indeed gap and that's gonna get one, two bases, maybe three. Kilimankey is gonna get a triple.
Speaker 2: This season, We're bringing you live home games of the Bamigi Bucks and the Beamigi Blue Oox, keeping local baseball alive and well, one pitch at a time with this one.
Speaker 4: Swung out on the left field, this one back back back, and this one is gone. Landing Hansen smoke that ball out the left field a grand slam for a landing hands in my goodness, I think took off like a rocket.
Speaker 2: Calling the action is Met Geffrey on play by play and colored commentary from Bruce Lake and now in the booth with real Paul Park insights, former BLUEOKX players Travis Caruth and Sam.
Speaker 4: Corber pitch This one swung on gonna be a flair in left field. No one's gonna get it. Canna hit nowhere, camp justs is gonna round and score for the Bucks, and we have another tie ball game.
Speaker 2: You'll catch every hits strikeouts at Late Hitting Rally streaming live on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Speaker 4: Pitch swung on out to left field, this one back back, back, back all the way and this one is gone for time. Lunden locket, cock it rocket restock at that ball is out of here.
Speaker 2: And if you're a local business looking to support local baseball, this is your chance to be heard about the same fans filling in the bleachers.
Speaker 4: Pitch swung on gonna be thrown over to Bancaradio and two throw back to first in time. That is a five four three double play to end the side.
Speaker 2: From pregame to postgame. Your business becomes part of of Midgee's Summers soundtrack. Email BBSPORTSMN at gmail dot com to advertise with the Beer Belly Sports Radio Network and help continue supporting local baseball with local advertising. Beer Belly Sports Radio Network proudly covering the Midgietown Ball one summer at a time.
Speaker 12: At Paul Bunyan Communications, You're more than a customer, You're a member. Of our local broadband cooperative, and as a cooperative, we invest right back into the communities we call home, building better broadband, supporting local projects and organizations, and working every day to make our region a better place to live and work. We're proud to deliver world class connectivity across Northern Minnesota because strong communities grow from strong connections. We're Paul Bunyan Communications powered by the Gigazone.
Speaker 5: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their upail is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on super Soft Super Company shirts and hoodies. You'll love it. We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesotans. Code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 4: So we're just gonna wing it. There's a big difference between winging it and saying what happens. Now, let's see what happens.
Speaker 12: So there is that Beer Belly Sports podcast.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to beer Belly Sports. I'm Bruce leg alongside Charlie Yaeger and Matthew Geffrey. We are here for the second half where Matthew tries to find love on the internet, not for himself, for other people. And we also have our March madness to talk about and news of the weird. Maybe some more gambling stories, who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love gambling stories.
Speaker 5: Hey, how many you're talking about? Lego on the break? Like, do you have any other like bigger pieces other than the Like did you did you build the I want to ask you did you build the Zelda one?
Speaker 1: I haven't built that one yet. That one's not very big.
Speaker 6: That's just like because it's got like a meeting behind, because like I'm a big is all the person? Yeah, I also bought one that was a little smaller. That's like the from Lord of the Rings the ball Rog where he's like the.
Speaker 1: Nerd go outside, Nerd yeah, so that was you shall not pass.
Speaker 6: I have that I want to get like the Jurassic part, Uh, the break the t Rex breakout, They've got that one, and then uh.
Speaker 1: But most of the ones that I really are like Star Star Wars.
Speaker 6: So I've got hell yeah, the y Wing, the X Wing tie Fighter, I've got the Giant Star Destroyer. I've got h Death Star like the second Death Star Wars it. You know, but what you find out.
Speaker 4: I love the Clerks to that the contractors.
Speaker 6: How many guys like the rebels are the bad I think how many people they died.
Speaker 1: And the guy that Clerks.
Speaker 5: Brings up, like my roofer came over and he's like offering me this much money, but it was a he was a gangster. So I said no, and I offered it to my friend. He got shot on that roof.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The one I kind of want to get is the home Alone one where it's like the the slide from Kevin's house to the tree. Zip.
Speaker 1: Zip. They've got a lot of good ones too.
Speaker 6: I did also recently buy they had it was the old school seven forty seven with the space shuttle on top.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I just thought that looked cool, so I got that one. I like playing it.
Speaker 5: So when you retire, you got plans man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what I should do is I should just start at well, like there's girls that do it on Instagram, but they're good looking.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: That certainly helps that they do. They just build legos and they they've monetized it. I should just start building legos. But no one wants to watch a fat thirty six year old build legos in there. That's a that's a very niche.
Speaker 4: I'm intrigued later on algorithm, Yeah, weird, that's.
Speaker 5: Like that one comedians like, his friend is like, I'm glad they're banning TikTok It's only make up tutorials and people dancing. And he's like, no, that's your algorithm's like what Yeah, that's that's why they're banning TikTok is. The out of them so good. It's what you watch and how quickly they replenish that. But I'm not gay. I'm not saying you are. But TikTok is, that's a.
Speaker 3: Woman in your room all ready for misconnection.
Speaker 2: Let's go see what loves going on the encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn. Searching for love on the internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Justin said Jared Allen was a washed was washed and okay vikings run, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: He is also the one that's proclaimed that John Randall would take advantage of women of the offensive lineman to scare them and the only reason.
Speaker 1: That he got sacks. Very great storyteller at work. He was an that's a cowboy guy, Jared Allen spear spear hunting hogs.
Speaker 5: Can you jump out of a stand and kill one?
Speaker 4: I love that, all right? First one? And Victoria BC, British Columbia, if you.
Speaker 5: Do not know, represent Canada today when they went on the ship with US.
Speaker 4: Yep, misconnections. Seen a few of these latelies, so I feared I give it a try. Walking alone and break water, I noticed you from afar despite the cool weather, you were wearing a summer dress, cowboy boots and your wind blowing sun cinnamon cinnamon hair, which really caught my attention when you when when we got closer, your bright blue eyes framed with the faint laughter lines caused by my breath to catch. So this says, my breath to catch. Then then your smile, froze my feet in place, dot dot dot. With your eyes locked, you twirled, winked my alarm. My alarm clock went off, dot dot dot. If this was you, please yeah me ps. The alarm clock is now in pieces.
Speaker 1: So was that a dream?
Speaker 4: It was a dream about a person that he's obviously seen before.
Speaker 5: At least he wasn't walking in Memphis.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: That was weird. That one's weird.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what mean?
Speaker 1: That's that's good. It's good.
Speaker 5: It my alarm crocking. So you break your own stuff because you had a dream about a lady that you didn't make a move at in the park.
Speaker 4: That'll happen. That'll happen, misconnection. It's female twenty seven. This has a couple updates by the way, too.
Speaker 1: Ooh, here we go.
Speaker 4: I've never done this before, but why not first time for everything. Shit. I was leaving the nail salon in the Legends Kansas City, Kansas really, on New Year's Eve when I saw a man driving a ups van. I assume he's a Maleman. He's probably the most beautiful man I've ever seen in Kansas City. I saw him and had a double take. He's white, maybe in his thirties, but could add a few years younger. But could be but could be a few years younger. He had tons of facial tattoos. I don't remember getting a good look at him, but I still find myself thinking about him today. If anyone knows who this person is, please message me. I would stop, I would stop and say something to him, But I look like a bum, and I was, and I was in a rush to get home.
Speaker 3: Later that night.
Speaker 4: Update thanks to the lovely person on here, I found who who he is. I'm gonna shoot my shot. Final update. I reach out but never response. Sad face emoji, crying face emoji. I really appreciate all the hopeful, the hopeful comments and d MS lesson learned.
Speaker 3: I should just say hi.
Speaker 4: I would like to say, in the nicest way possible, Dot dot dot, this is not love is blind. I prefer to meet people in a person or at a very least known who and potentially pursuing romantically or platonically. Chat request will not be accepted. So peace and love.
Speaker 5: So one guy was able to make that brown outfit look really good.
Speaker 3: Huh really good.
Speaker 5: It's very slimmy, very very slimming the face.
Speaker 1: Tattoos probably just made it pop brown.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what you gotta do, all right, Next one misconnection in the peril. There is no way he's gonna ever see this, but dot dot dot just gonna just gonna ford, just gonna go for it. You had a curly hair and sunglasses, and you kept taking on and off.
Speaker 3: We danced together, and I swear there was a spark.
Speaker 4: You were wearing a red and white shirt, had whatever appeared to be silver nail polish, and a nosering You told me to You told me to have a good night, and I said that you were the hottest guy here. You had the biggest smile on your face. I felt so stupid when I did ask for your name or number. Our friends were yelling at me because they noticed that.
Speaker 3: There was something between us.
Speaker 4: If this is you, dot dot dot, tell me how many friends are friends? We're with you? And what color their hair was?
Speaker 5: Elol, that's a very interesting question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it must be a different color.
Speaker 5: Also, like again, you met they met at a bar or some dancing place. You know, go back there, hope for the best, Go back, Charlie, ever gonna do that for what?
Speaker 4: Go back to a place where you hopefully maybe may see somebody.
Speaker 1: I've never done that. I do have.
Speaker 6: I've got a good story. It's not a misconnection. So there's this place in San Juan, Capistrano we used to love to go. It was kind of it's it's one of those places where there's like shit hanging from the ceiling all stuff, like they've got ladies kind of like that, ladies bras hanging from the ceiling, buts and like other things, old old photos and stuff and it's an old timey but cash only that type of place called It's so sad one Capstrontos where all the swallows fly to in the winter whatever the swallows like.
Speaker 1: The He's like, oh, the ladies. I wanted to let you know.
Speaker 6: So when I tell you the name of the bar is swallows, you understood where that's coming from.
Speaker 5: There almost sudden he's.
Speaker 6: Like, it's the it's the type of it's the type of bar where the men's bathroom has like the cards that you see. You walk in there and you go, WHOA right. So anyway i'd gone there. We were there one night. It was a weak night, but they always have a live band and they were doing they had uh like something. A lot of the people there like they'll they'll two steps, sometimes they'll dance or whatever, but most of them don't, Like most people didn't know like a lot of.
Speaker 1: Like the line dances.
Speaker 6: I used to go line dancing all the time too, you know, get boot barn and so so you go a lot. And my uncle owned the bar there in sam Bordino, so I would go. I would go there all the time. But now we're down to this place san Ua Castrano, and it was like me and then this one other girl like knew the songs and she knew how to dance, and so like you know, we kind of started hanging out that night. Asked for a number. She put it in my phone. I forgot to save.
Speaker 1: No, you got to go to the internet.
Speaker 5: I was like, because I was like, hey, do you go to the brand and I which is where my uncle She's like, oh, yeah, I go time. I was like, I was like, hey, what's your number, like you know we can hang out blah blah blah, I'll hitch and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, you go blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: And I didn't save it for I guess I put in my pocket and then like you know, like you pull an app up and it like yeah.
Speaker 1: And like the next day like I'm looking and I'm like, oh my god, no fuck.
Speaker 5: Oh well, she just would have been you amount of years later, you could have went to Reddit or Greig's list.
Speaker 1: That that is a. That is a that's sad.
Speaker 5: Unlike Matt who just looked at a girl's breasts from across the bar and that she caught him and then he went.
Speaker 1: Got busted.
Speaker 4: Yep, been there, all right, this one is in uh, I said a Noka in playing area to the beautiful one playing games on her phone.
Speaker 3: You are beautiful.
Speaker 4: You were with your dad. You were with your dad. I believe I should have asked I should have asked you out what game were you playing?
Speaker 5: Not creepy, I'll call you.
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite character? What?
Speaker 5: She said them like lower characters like I'm in love?
Speaker 1: Which dungeon do you like?
Speaker 4: Speak up to everybody? Hearts you ship? That's good? What dungeon?
Speaker 5: What's your favorite dungeon?
Speaker 1: All right, moving on, do you not recommend asking any of those things? No, your faces, that's like a fifth date.
Speaker 5: That's a fifth date question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second first one what's your favorite dungeon?
Speaker 4: Crazy? Looking for Michael in the Brainerd or the Cities area, at least a name a lot of Michael's out there. We hooked up a few times many years ago. I just it's just two of us, just the two of us, and one time we had a threesome. Woa with your partner. Awesome you moved out of town. I think that the cities and would rather and would randomly shoot me a text with an invite when you came back up here.
Speaker 5: Buddies were round, and I know those girls will do all of us. I swear to.
Speaker 4: God, I check it out and I and I would never be able to come. I regret that. I mean come up there. Oh okay, sorry, possibly a long shot, but they'll they'll never see this. But I like to get back into I like to get back in touch. Tell me your partner's name so I know it's you. Two thousand and six, Era Or said, may pick up your blank I'll never get that beauty.
Speaker 1: Wow that besides the chabatta bread.
Speaker 5: That one might be my favorite one. The chabata bread waving that in the aisle, she like farted and waved it with your bata bread, and that guy was like breath taking bread.
Speaker 6: Twenty years is a long time to be Yeah, for the best guys, Like is that the Chicken Gang?
Speaker 4: This was fourteen days ago. Oh that's my music. Damn it, it's going so well.
Speaker 5: What happened fourteen days ago?
Speaker 4: That's what this was posted fourteen days ago?
Speaker 1: Oh, fourteen days ago? Weeks? Why did they just say two weeks?
Speaker 4: That one?
Speaker 5: Comedians like, uh, they're Dusty Sleigh, it's a quarter to four.
Speaker 1: I didn't need a weird math problem. Tell me it's three to four.
Speaker 6: It's so funny when they say, like how old they're like, they're like thirty six months, Like just they're a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, year and a half, two.
Speaker 6: Years, eighteen months until a year and a half old, say that I don't need I don't need a math when it's oh, I'm thirty five weeks along?
Speaker 1: How many months is that? Something?
Speaker 5: Last one Bustle the Calculator.
Speaker 4: Black women walking in walking in m o A seeking attracted black woman that was walking in the mall. I'm older sixty, but I'm but I'm good looking. Allegedly I looked and smiled at you. You seem interested I should have taken the opportunity to talk and perhaps established something.
Speaker 3: No, that's not creepy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know any lady there that read that, that was there at that time?
Speaker 1: I mean, how old was the good looking black lady?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Did not say, because obviously he did not establish.
Speaker 5: Communications, didn't didn't ask, didn't ask, did I ask?
Speaker 4: You? Justin said, hey, must be nice to Matt. Must be nice to Matt. He had a rough time since being crushed by Courtney. That was freshman year. I'm okay, I have seen better days and we all go through it. Don't bring that up. I didn't win that beat anyways. That is misconnections this week? All right, should we do our you to do the bracket? Want to do our Berbery Sports bracket? Or do you want to do the ESPN bracket.
Speaker 5: Let's go with the ESPN bracket.
Speaker 4: Breakout's pull that up once you talk amongst yourself.
Speaker 5: Delaware, oh Man, Delaware, Cayden Boozer.
Speaker 1: Should he have held the ball?
Speaker 9: My?
Speaker 6: I think my favorite thing from all that is is the face that that John Shire made. Have you seen that? Yeah, just like he's got that. He looks like that penguin from Madagascar. He's just like perplexed at what's going on in front of him. Yeah, he's like it's like he's like it's like a smile with like this weird grin, Like I can't believe this is happening.
Speaker 1: Cause remember that, I mean.
Speaker 5: We had a time out, they had a timeout, and we had the ball ten seconds to go. He just holds onto the ball. They're gonna follow again.
Speaker 1: Well like remember last year against Houston.
Speaker 5: Oh dude, it was my birthday and I fell asleep and Jada woke me up. She's like, you're gonna you're gonna want to watch this.
Speaker 1: Like what was like a minute left? They were up by seven, Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Then all of a sudden. So now this is kind of becoming John Shire's.
Speaker 6: You know, I think I think there's two schools of thought. Obviously, you didn't need to bring the ball across half court. Nope, the guy that got the ball second started the guy that so who initially passed it in. He gets the ball, there's nobody there. He should be dribbling it up, right. He should try to dribble as much as he can and force the defenders to converge on him to get somebody else open, because if he starts dribbling away with it, they have to foul him. The problem was is he throws it up to Boozer and there's two guys there ready to double.
Speaker 1: And then there's two other guys wide open, and Boozer.
Speaker 6: Says, there's two guys, sees two guys wide open, and if he gets it over both those guys, it's game over. Yeah, But he ends up not getting it over him. They block it, and then that kid Mullins hits a ridiculous shot. That's like that's all part of it too, is like he it was a little like with five seconds left, like credit to Yukon, and that Mullens kid is like, I was gonna take the shot and then berries it from way outside.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was on the it was on the logo. So it's just one of those things something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's one of those things where you know, as much as you want to blame john Shire and Duke and I can see that. Like you talk also about having a young inexperience. For sure, that's part of what comes with a freshman.
Speaker 5: A freshman had on the court, Well freshman saw was a freshman passes it up to the other guy was a freshman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then a simple pump.
Speaker 5: Fake and then just hold the ball because you don't have to get it over. Even if they don't get it over and they don't follow you, there's zero point one or two second.
Speaker 6: I think he had a timeout and they had a time out. And you know, here's the thing, though, is I get it. He's probably trying to save it for when you get fouled, and if you make both free throws, you're gonna call timeout, so you get set up defensively. Ye, right, So I get that, Like you're not looking to call the time out right there, because typically you're not worried about something crazy like that happening. But unfortunately they just it wasn't a good situational Well you're.
Speaker 5: Up by nineteen with X amount of time to go, it's yeah, and it just kind of fell apart.
Speaker 1: And they've been doing that all tournament though.
Speaker 6: That's the thing is, like it wasn't surprising in the sense that, like they didn't play well against Sienna, they didn't play well in their second round game against whoever.
Speaker 5: Well, in the second half, they blew the they blew the doors off TCU.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the first half it was like a bucket. And then and then in the Sweet sixteen, Saint John's was close. Saint John's was a tight game too. So it's kind of one of those things that I think you just.
Speaker 4: You know, watched his play. Roy Lewis dropped the ball. He lost it in the rain.
Speaker 1: It's raining.
Speaker 5: He oh, he went, he went Billyvingilly.
Speaker 1: He blamed it on the rain.
Speaker 4: But but he got though. And the Smoke show on the TV. Anyways, I do have our bracket.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see.
Speaker 5: I I went crazy. I had Miami makeing the final four. They didn't make it out of the round at thirty two, but I did have Illin in Michigan, and then I had Duke. So I was like, I'll get three out of four meet Lotion and made a song about that. No, I only got two.
Speaker 1: It's bad, I was.
Speaker 5: I was out before the Elite.
Speaker 4: Eight, all right. So in our beat really Sports ESPN bracket, the winner we'll get a twenty five dollars gift card to the knob and call Charlie. Did I send you a link? No? Damn it, I'm very sorry. Uh. Sheena, who runs our website is number one. She picked Yukon.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter what I was gonna pick. I wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Wanted Sam from the Silver BOWLT Session is number two Michigan. You picked Michigan large and in Charge. I don't know who that is. I think it was Scott. I think it's Scott who is larger in charge.
Speaker 5: It says their name under it.
Speaker 1: No, no, this was his ESPN fans.
Speaker 3: That has not helped me.
Speaker 4: But then a couple of guys from the song Sports and Songs, Andy and Dan are.
Speaker 3: In fifth and sixth.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting seventh. Hoover is in tenth with the going for Arizona.
Speaker 1: Jared, our good.
Speaker 4: Friend Jared is picking Arizona as well.
Speaker 3: He's sitting in twelve.
Speaker 6: You want to know the thing that's like, that was bad and now obviously it's over because Duke loss. But my best bracket heading into the Elite eight was the one where I just literally picked Chalk. I was just like, oh, I'm just gonna fuck a top season, win everything and going to the Elite eight halfway through the tournament.
Speaker 1: That was my best bracket.
Speaker 6: So that tells you exactly, oh, well I do when it comes to March Madness.
Speaker 1: I don't do well.
Speaker 3: People know this by now, and I just kind.
Speaker 4: Of picked this pick, and not because I don't watch basketball, because I don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: I need to start just like mascots or colors that I like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what she is obviously doing.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's move over to the beer Belly sports worst sports moment in Minnesota history. So in the first round, we had the dome collapse taking on AP's blown knee. Talking to Dustin later, it was supposed to be changed to Teddy Bridgewater's injury. You my fault. I'm looking at the bracket that we had, not what he wrote down. Uh, ten to three, don't collapse. Moves on. They'll play the north Stars leaving Minnesota. Next up is the Twins eighteen years playoff drought versus Walsh's wide left. Wide Left is gonna win nine to four. Move on, play against the Golphers nineteen ninety seven Vikings. All right, sorry, the Golphers ninety seven Final four is what they're gonna be playing. Next up is gonna be the Santana Trade or the love Boat scandal. This was iffy. This is a seven to six win. Love Boat squeaks by and we'll play against the herschel Walker.
Speaker 5: I don't necessarily think that was a bad moment. The love Boat. I think that was great media. It was fun to talk about. Santana trade was bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you vote for the Santana Trade?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Next one is the untapped potential versus untap potential for the maur and more No versus the Wolves paying off Joe Smith on tap potential of the Maer Boys will sorry the Moreno and maer move on.
Speaker 3: To the next round.
Speaker 4: They'll play against the Curry not a timberwolf.
Speaker 1: That was tough moving over.
Speaker 4: So that was the fishing opener region and the Ludafisk region. Luda Fisk region, yes, sir, not Lefso not leftso learned that. Now in the meat Raffle region, the Cowboys versus the Vikings original Hell Mary versus Morris Bales. After nineteen ninety one, after the Twins win the World Series, ago to the Blue Jays to win another World Series.
Speaker 5: That's worse because of his like when he got signed, he was like could be here for life. It was like a one year I can't remember how much money. And then the next year, he's like, yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 1: The fuck you guys am out.
Speaker 4: So the original Hail Mary the Cowboys versus the Vikings move on ten to three victory. They'll play against the nineteen ninety eight Minnesota Vikings. Next up in the meat raffle region. It's kg going to trade it to Boston versus the Ortiz being released Ortiz being released by the by the Twins wins ten to three, they'll play against the Kirby Pucket Retirements.
Speaker 5: Everybody was happy that cag You know, this was for Unesota, like you know when he finally won one, he wasn't gonna win one here, nah, Like we did our best to bring in Latrell's pretty well.
Speaker 1: He brings his zoozies.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Next one is the Michigan versus Minnesota back in two thousand and four, and many people who if you if you're a Gold fan like me, they were up two scores and do them driving and then uh umball get too big and ship to bed and the there's a Wolverige win it.
Speaker 5: There was a couple of games like that back then, too, Like is that the Braylan Edwards one? I don't remember, but there was a couple of games like back to back years where we were up big and then just found a way to lose it.
Speaker 4: So they play against the Marbury leaves Minnesota.
Speaker 1: He's such a winery.
Speaker 3: Is the is.
Speaker 4: Mobbury's leaving moving on against Minneapolis Lakers moved to La He dogs, can you just stop fucking? We never barked during like irregular parts the day, but now when we.
Speaker 5: Do every ship every week. We got the doggies.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Mosque traded to Oakland in the Gant was out region. Mosque traded to Oakland or Gabick leave in Minnesota. Moss get traded. Oakland's wins big ten to one. They'll move on to play against the two thousand and nine Vikings. God, hey, fucking relax over there.
Speaker 3: Oh this person dropping off the package. That's why makes the door check out.
Speaker 1: They're pissed about this whole bracket.
Speaker 4: I tell you why.
Speaker 5: They're like're just getting traded. Should have one or didn't win it?
Speaker 4: Did Elver Gabbrick going to Minnesota or leaving Minnesota? All right? Next one and we move into the next round.
Speaker 3: Round two.
Speaker 4: Don't collapse versus the north Stars leaving Minnesota. As of now, nine to four, sorry, nine to three north Stars leavings.
Speaker 1: That's to be like final four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good chance. Let's take a look at it from uh the what do you think? I know you're a big giant sports fan, even though not a big Minnesota fan.
Speaker 6: But I I've just everybody I've talked to, like f Norm Green in fact, that the north Stars were the hockey team in the state of hockey. They leave and then they go win a title in Dallas like Retilly quick, Yeah, pretty quickly with a lot of the same guys. Right, Madonna, Mike Madonna. I've seen the Mike Madonna statue outside the United Centerline Center in Dallas. I saw it, so there's oh no, that was before they played the game against the wild Wilde won that game.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm just like the next one is Wash wide left versus in ninety seven Gopher his final four right left, wash wats wide left is leading eleven to one.
Speaker 6: The final four things kind of like gott to be celebrated, Like, yeah, we never get to the scandal.
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Clem Haskins had some girls due players homework. Nobody cares.
Speaker 6: Didn't Patino get in trouble for having strippers at like, oh yeah, Louisville, Yeah, Louisville for like recruiting nights, or.
Speaker 1: North Carolina got in trouble for like having super easy classes. If you don't have a scandal or even trying, are you even trying? Exactly? Charlie Haskins is above his time.
Speaker 4: Next next one in the Ludifisk region, love Boat taking on the Herschel Walker trade. This right now is twelve to nothing in favor of the rehearsal Walker tray. This is gonna be a steamroll. I believe the love Boat.
Speaker 5: I think it was fun. I think it was just a fun thing, you know. I mean we got obliterated in media for it, but I you know, it's you'll hear no foul. Yeah, well, you know, a couple of ladies got, you know, a little mad about it.
Speaker 4: What happened next up is the in the Ludafis region is the untapped potential for the eminem Boys versus a Curry and not a Timberwolf. Curry not a Timberwolf is leading seven to five.
Speaker 5: So another clar I mean, Ricky Rubio, okay, but Johnny Flynn over him. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, one one game now once but twice one game.
Speaker 1: But know the Johnny Flynn won was one game.
Speaker 5: He had one game in like the Big East Tournament where he's like triple overtime and he was unbelievable, and then he was just terrible in the NBA.
Speaker 4: All right, moving on to the round two, get more into the round two. The meat Raffle Region Cowboys versus the Vikings, Hell Mary versus the nineteen ninety eight Vikings, Like ninety eight Vikings to one is that's a heartbreak. It's not just the call of the Pat Summer all and John Madden call of Gary Anderson. It's a whole season, like you had a whole fucking chance they do it.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: That was devastating.
Speaker 6: I very vividly remember that because I'm a Broncos fan. Yeah, yeah, you should have played and that's who we expected to be playing on that Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 1: Would have been a little bit.
Speaker 5: I think it'd have been a better game.
Speaker 1: Denver versus in Atlanta. Yeah, oh for sure, for sure it would have been.
Speaker 6: And like I'm watching that game, like, oh, we're gonna be playing the Vikings and it's gonna be you know two teams that you know, Broncos exercise the demons. The year before they'd had the most appearances without a win, so did the Bills, and so the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Bruce can't close the door. Yeah, I'm tired of them. Uh yeah, but yeah, the ninety eight Vikings that was huge at this should have been like Vikings and Broncos.
Speaker 3: This one's for John was that was that the.
Speaker 6: One, well one ninety nine was the night or sorry, ninety seven was when they beat the Packers and that was the you know, this one's for for John, okay, and then he came back l wait, came back to win.
Speaker 1: That second one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first one was a helicopter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, helicopter and they beat Fabric and the and the Packers and and uh yeah. Then but the next year was Falcons in Miami and they they had no problem with them. It would have a much better game if they'd have played the Vikings. Yeah, how it goes.
Speaker 4: Next one in the meat raffle division or teas taken on Kirby Pucket's retirement early retirement.
Speaker 5: Tucket should just dominate this one nine to three.
Speaker 4: Right now favor of Pucket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was like the heartbeat of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: PA.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not wrong.
Speaker 4: Now in the gant was outreach in Mawbury versus the Minneapolis Lakers moving to La La. Right now it is Minneapolis Lakers taking Minneapolis Lakers beating Mawbury, leaving Minnesota seven to four.
Speaker 1: I saw, I saw the interview with him, and he just was like, I don't like it's cold.
Speaker 5: So him and Garnet got all together and then he they traded Ray Allen for Marbury and then like another fat and he was like, it's cold here. It's like, dude, you can get a driver.
Speaker 4: Get a driver.
Speaker 1: You never have to be outside.
Speaker 4: Next one is Mosquet traded to Oakland versus two thousand and nine Vikings. Bar drops backs to his left.
Speaker 1: Listen, Detroit man, this is a super Bowl, this one.
Speaker 4: Oh nine Vikings twelve to nothing.
Speaker 5: I dropped to the ground when he threw that interception.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I was so so disappointed.
Speaker 5: I dropped, like I it's like, we got a chance. Long Will could probably kick that field goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he runs the.
Speaker 5: Five yards at a wide open year. Yes, that was against the Colts and now they can't even do that. At halftime where Sean Payton came out at halftime and then kicked the on side kick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh so that is our beer. Really sports the worst Minnesota regions, Oh sorry, worst Minnesota sports moments. If you want to vote, it's on our Facebook page right now. You have till Wednesday morning to vote, So Charlie, you have time to vote.
Speaker 1: Still, I know which ones I'm voting for.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 5: I saw Bruce cry over here a couple of times, so I figured those ones the worst.
Speaker 1: Probably not the Lakers one, though, No, that's too that's too old for me. Was that benefited me?
Speaker 4: Director, there's a committee that did all this. It was not me, a committee that did all this.
Speaker 5: But even like that one, it's like that one's too old for me.
Speaker 6: That one that that the Minneapolis Lakers is so old that, like, I mean, they at least won us a championship, won a title, but I mean that was when like when did they leave?
Speaker 5: Oh god, that had been the forties, fifties.
Speaker 6: Sifties, like it, I mean a long time, because I mean you think about how long they were in Los Angeles, Like nobody thinks of Minneapolis Lakers except for Minnesota's.
Speaker 4: Sometimes like Kobe has that minneapolish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do those throwbacks.
Speaker 4: Oh that hurts all right? Read if the news of the weird.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Yes, mayonnaise can be used as a musical instrument. Lacky new study proves it. Hellman's is finally answering the question on everyone's mind. Is mayonnaise an instrument? The question was informally infamously first poised by about twenty five years ago by the lovable Starfish Patrick on SpongeBob Squarepantsly gross. But and now there's finally an answer. The Blood and Mayo brand worked with doctor Rachel Durkin, head of Global Music Technologies at North Urbine University.
Speaker 1: And her team experts see it scientifically, mayonnaise could be considered an instrument.
Speaker 5: Wow, what has been a widespread internet meme finally has a proper verdict based on an academic study. Yes, mayonnaise can function as an instrument. Music has always evolved through a yeah experimentation. When you look at the core principles of how instruments create sound, you realize the possibilities of unconventional materials are endless. Durkin said in this statement. So yes, squeezing that mail could now be considered a musical instrument. Now this one is a bit of a longer one, and this is on April Fool's Day. Here's I gotta get backed up the top. Here here are eleven of the top April Fool pranks of twenty twenty six Canes Sauce Coke the chicken chain raising canes enlisted the help of Hollywood star Mechennic Grace to an veil cane. Sauce Coke, a hoax variety of Coca Cola inspired by the Eateyes signature. Sauce all right, looks disgusting, sas gross?
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh man, I have a problem. Dudewipe button mask.
Speaker 5: Dudewipe's, the most masculine of wet wipes brand unveiled a new skincare product billed as the industry's first targeted hydro gel patch designed specifically for your third eye. Just pop this soothing jel disc directly onto the target zone for fifteen minutes while you doom scroll on the throne. The company said, nice.
Speaker 1: The butt mask.
Speaker 3: Third eye is a show title for sure.
Speaker 1: Just Roll Deppuff sheet mask.
Speaker 5: Speaking of skincare, pastry company Just Roll introduced the Deep Puff, a sheet mask made from a puffy pastry dome, promising a three increase and buttery smooth skin with nine out of can Experiencing the sudden urge to host brunch, just roll said, because why reduces puffiness when you can also increase puff patry cravings?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Ugbrella, the footwear firm UH heralded the latest accessory for its iconic sheepskin boots, a clip on Ugbrella to protect the boots from rain. The company said, well, the ugrella might not exist yet, protecting your favorite pair of UG boots definitely should. Rain Spills in everyday wear can easily damage the suede and sheepskin if they are not properly protected. All right, how did your foot even fit in that?
Speaker 4: With that on the bucket? Or may put it on last? I mean you put down brother thing on last.
Speaker 5: Terry's emergency segment phone case Terry's Chocolate, the company best known for its iconic chocolate orange, shared a photo of a phone is designed to carry an emergency piece of sweet treat.
Speaker 1: This is the first high tech.
Speaker 5: Phone case designed to carry chocolate. Terry said on social media. We're making a big step into the world of heat control technology, determined to keep your terry's in a perfect condition for any emergencies.
Speaker 4: All right, you're a good photo of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like a piece you can flip up.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Mash Gang Office Keg, a non alcoholic beer brand. Mash Gang revealed a keg specifically designed to turn an office water cooler into a keg to dispense frothy bruise. The mash Gang Office Keg seamlessly replaces your standard water jug with a rotating selection of our award winning non alcoholic beer. It is dispensed ice cold on demand and dangerously crushable between meetings. The company said, no more said or no more sad hydration, No more pretending sparkling water is exciting This workplace culture upgraded. Chaco Bell, the chocolate company Monte beaut Jingles, teamed with cheese snack brand Baybell to create a chocole Bell, a cheese snack that replaces Baybell's iconic wax shells with one made from chocolate. As a part of the rising chokou tree movement, Choco Bell reimagines the iconic Baybell snack with a chocolate truffle exterior wrapped around a smooth, creamy cheese center. Monte Bo Jingles announced that sounds.
Speaker 1: Good, that actually doesn't sound bad. That where you say charcouterie.
Speaker 2: Was that that?
Speaker 1: I think it's chocootery CHARCOTERI.
Speaker 5: They went, oh cho chocolate, chocoty, chodery chocoutery, Sharkcooter and top Ramen Butterfinger. Another poutry collaboration was announced. The noodle company top Ramen and this candy bar Butterfinger would try it. That looks disgusting. There's no, that's not a sweet and savory. Keebler's how hollow Tree Toothpaste. The Keebler company, better known for being on the supply side of tooth decay, unveiled the Hollow Tree Toothpaste, promising all the flavor of its iconic cookies with none of the cavities. The toothpaste flavors include e L Fudge, Soft Baked Chips, Deluxe Brownie, Fudge Stripes, Sandy Shortbread, and Vienna fingers. Oh and this one, I don't even know. This one is weird as the last one. Heinz Macho Mayo, Macha Mao. Kinnibig Company. Hines teamed up with macho company perfected tad perfected to bring the macha latte trend into the world of spreadable sandwich toppings. I don't I don't know what that is. What is macha Macha is like a.
Speaker 6: It's like like a SI Like it's one of those like flavors you put in, like it you'd get a Starbucks or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be like healthy for you don't care, all right?
Speaker 5: Moving on, New York jumps.
Speaker 4: I don't have I don't know what that is.
Speaker 5: That was the last one.
Speaker 1: New York jumps.
Speaker 5: To number three for US alien abductions. Experts reveal why it's such a hot zone. Odds of a hostile close encounter have reportedly never been higher in the Big Apple. New York was named the third most likely place to get abducted in the US, according to a Gambling Guide Casino annual rankings, which is conducted to honor National Alien Abduction Day.
Speaker 1: Yes that's a real, that's real.
Speaker 5: On March twentieth, got it. The Empire State, which moved up to the stellar two spots from last year's, posted a staggering eight three and fourteen UFO sightings reported since nineteen seventy four, or one in every one thousand and three residents you can get abducted in New York. That place is at just behind Washington at seven five hundred ninety five reported sightings, or one for every nine hundred and seventy seven people, and in first place winner Delaware Dellware tell one and every nine and twenty eight residents. California, here you go, Charlie, despite having more than its share of weird close encounters, landed at a slightly more respectable number twenty two on the list, with one UFO sighting per every one thousand, seven hundred and eight residents. Minnesota is at twenty four hundred, and we're forty first at like twenty four one hundred and fifty seven people per sighting or forty first. Okay, so we just don't get them up here. They just don't want to come up to the Upper Midwest. This one's sad for you all you bart.
Speaker 1: It's too cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't even want to come here. Barbie event issues refund after comparison with the infamous Glasgow convention. Barby Dreamfest in Florida had one attendee claiming they'd been wanka a reference to a disastrous really Wonka themed event in Glasgow. They don't talk about that at all in this whole thing. I have no idea what that means. But a Barbie Dreamfest in Florida had that's the same thing here.
Speaker 1: We gotta move down.
Speaker 5: Barbie Dreamfest in Florida Lauderdale promised an interactive dream house, roller skating party, and fashion show, workshops and more, with tickets ranging from sixty nine dollars to four and forty nine woo, but it didn't meet expectations for some fans, with the lineup of attractions providing shots of pink and otherwise. Rather, they're a looking convention center being compared to an infamous wily Wonka event. They bring it up, but they don't talk about it that The disastrous dedication to one of the literature's most recognizable characters also saw refront's issue to children, who were even left in tears and police were called to There was no such intervention at Florida, but one Barbie fan said on social we got Wonka a spokes I know, they just keep bringing it up. A spokesperson for Mattel, which owns Barbie, has acknowledged the reaction after some attendees told Sky USA partner network that of their.
Speaker 1: Experience, yeah, that looks pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Brandon Miller, who paid nearly five hundred bucks for a VIP three day dream passes, said the advertised dream house was nothing more than a ten foot tall cardboard cutout.
Speaker 1: Dude that sucks.
Speaker 5: Roller skating reach, she said, was essentially an animal pen with sheets that said roller Disco. It only accommodated children disco when promotional material had suggested adults could take part. She added, this was not the caliber of Barbie at all, So sorry about that.
Speaker 4: That sucks. Here you go.
Speaker 5: This is in for science. Frozen mouse brains revived from cryal sleep and it's scientific first. Put alien on standby because science may be inching a tiny st closer to a real life crial sleep. In a breakthrough that sounds ripped straight from a Ridley Scott flick, researchers in Germany have managed to freeze a brain tissue to ultracal temperatures and bring it back key signs of life still flickering, including electrical activity linked to learning and memory defeat, detailed new studies publishing in the journal preceding the National Academy of Sciences suggests that one day scientists may be able to place brain tissue or even entire organisms into a deep freeze and revive later without wrecking or declining circuitory and makes them tick. Originally reported by Nature dot com. Yeah so look at that, you know, Han solo could have happened, could have happened. All right, here we go, last one Elon gust and Dame Judy Drench among storm lains sent to That's that's what it says, sent to the Met Office. The opportunity to suggest a name was introduced a decade ago and now attracts thousands of suggestions each year. Elon, Dame Judy Drench among the nay okay, hello. The public has been able to suggest names every year since twenty fifteen, about only only about twenty are usually chosen.
Speaker 1: Here are some of the other ones. Others have been put forward.
Speaker 5: Our Stormy mcstorm Face Curry, Stormier, David Blowey, Storm Andrew Bruce, Springstorm and fifty Shades of Rain and storm Z are the other storms for the UK this year. So whenever they have a storm, and like us we always pick a woman and a men's name. They actually have like a a voting system.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the news wasn't really great this week.
Speaker 3: No, it was good.
Speaker 4: I giggled, Dustin said Walt Disney and Ted Williams were frozen.
Speaker 5: Ted Williams's head Yeah, oh yeah, okay, rumors, the hot runners.
Speaker 1: The hot RUMs on the moon, landing on the moon.
Speaker 2: Last thing, the Book of Matthew. Here we go tell stories from his past. Let's open up to the next chapter in the Book of Matthew sor it wasn't this book ban from the library.
Speaker 4: So this Book of Matthew is It's easter this weekend, right, it's easter. I'm really I can't believe saying this out loud. It's not bad as last week or the week four, yeah, week four, but this one is dumb and there is a scar in my hand from the stitches that were placed. I was trying to show somebody the velocity of a bbie from a bb gun.
Speaker 3: What would do or what would it do?
Speaker 1: How far away?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Right about here, not very far arms length about two feet. Yeah, I cocked it twice. I'm like, it's not gos go through a piece of paper. We're showing a cuple piece of paper. And shot it through and then my hands like you're a fucking idiot, we do it. Don't do this, don't do this. And my body's like, don't do this, idiot. Through my hand.
Speaker 3: I could not know what's to saying. There it is, uh the scar right here.
Speaker 4: I had a bby lodged into like my knuckle. And we're having Thanksgiving lunch or dinner and my yeah, eat Easter and I'm trying to eat. My hand cannot move. Tyler Whitner, who is now the ad down on the port.
Speaker 3: Uh he usaid like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: I was like, I can't move my fucking hand.
Speaker 3: He's like, what's wrong.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's starting to swell because is the baby that's stuck right in my fucking hand. Uh So, yeah, that is my Easter story, and that's a book of Matthew for this week.
Speaker 5: Easter is on my birthday this year, ah birthday, birthday. They finally got it on the right day.
Speaker 4: Forty two.
Speaker 1: I wish.
Speaker 5: I had a couple of years to that.
Speaker 4: Forty four. Yeah, oh, just an old baby, old baby, hold baby.
Speaker 1: But at least I didn't shoot myself with a bby.
Speaker 3: You're welcome straight in the hands.
Speaker 5: Right, you ever shot yourself with a BB Charlie, No, no, no, not now you learned, now you.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean not like not the BB gun you're talking about. I'm talking like the little BB handguns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 6: We were at Bass Pro Shop. Cabella's basically, yeah, same thing. So we were at the Bass Pro Shop and this is back just out of college, so you know, of course it's for four dudes, and we're all over at the thing and we saw at the Bass Pro Shop a four pack with goggles and BB handgunsne right, and they're all the tips are all painted different colors, and it was like, oh, you know, go play with your friends. And that was a purchase that we just decided we all had to make. So we go home, right, and immediately what do we do? We rip them out of the package and we we got god team and we were running around the house like we're like, all right, you're going in the backyard. We'll go in the front yard, and like you know, you're looking around the corner. And then one of us got the smart idea like I'm gonna lock the house and turn the lights off, and then and then we're you know, someone's like reaching through the window and like, I got shot in the ear.
Speaker 1: I was like, how much getting shot in the ears hurt? And you're like, oh, that stung by a bee? Everybody?
Speaker 6: I mean it was kind of funny, but nobody lost an eye luckily got well, they're like the glasses, you know, like the safety glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but either way, it was.
Speaker 4: That was what it was.
Speaker 3: Oh what do we learned today?
Speaker 5: I learned a lot about craps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that. I learned that Charlie really loved legos Legos They're awesome.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: My son does too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: They're a bitch to build though, they're a bitch to build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Following the instructions is tough.
Speaker 5: They don't go in right and I don't sometimes anyways, Well, and then Jada comes in there.
Speaker 6: She's like, no, just like this, and then okay, that like building things like an Ikea, like, oh it looks great, but what is mind look like that?
Speaker 4: I got a couple of screws extra have extra parts.
Speaker 5: They obviously don't know how to build this correctly.
Speaker 3: Would you, Charlie?
Speaker 6: Oh what did I learn today? Let's see, I learned that you don't really have sharp knives.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry because.
Speaker 5: I almost stabbed myself trying to cut this lime. My bad No, but did I die? You do I have on my fingers?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes I do, Yes, I do. I learned.
Speaker 6: I learned the things that that Minnesotan's here like that really give them, you know, the struggle with that because because like you know, I mean, LA's got its fair share of things too, I mean, you know, but they're not quite on the same level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the Raiders leaving or like the Rams going to Saint Louis doesn't.
Speaker 6: Well they can't, but well, the Raiders leaving Oakland for sure would be like here's the thing is like Nord cals O cal or, like they might as well be their own states, right, It's so like what's happening in Oakland, Like I don't care, Like I don't care about anything going up on the Bay Area, but things like you know, Dodgers losing the twenty seventeen World Series to the cheating Astros, like that would be that would be like up there on on on that list. But it's hard to really make a list like that because after what happened in the last two years, You're like, well, let's you forgot about it now?
Speaker 1: You know, No, I will never forget, but it definitely eases the pain of it.
Speaker 6: Like you do, you know, you look back and you go, oh, like everything's made better by winning a championship.
Speaker 1: So two or two or whatever it is, Well, that is that?
Speaker 5: The is that the one where when Joseale TV was like, you got that home run and then like they wouldn't let them rip.
Speaker 1: That was later.
Speaker 6: That was the New York Yankees. They played on all two years later and they wouldn't do it. And then the Nationals got word that they were cheating, and so they got smart and started changing up their calls between innings, and all of a sudden they couldn't hit, and it was like, oh, I wonder what that is. So I did learn something though, that came through on ESPN. Yeah, Poka Nakua checked in the rehab.
Speaker 4: Good for him, so oh no kidding, Yeah, Bruce, We'll think that. Great sponsors like.
Speaker 5: Seventh to Aveny Pizza before pizza became trendy.
Speaker 4: Also be brought to by Home Choice. Right here, Bimigi a Hudell is off of your purchase. We use a promo code be really Sports in Store.
Speaker 5: Also brought to you by the Nob and Kettle, quaintly nestled between Lake George and Lake Alice. Get out there for fine dining Awesome.
Speaker 4: Being brought to you by Jade's Outpost. Rodeo is happening June nineteenth and twentieth. Be out there, We're gonna have a good time. And also being brought to you by Paul Budya Communication has been serving us for now two years with the gigazone. All right, they do the writers' producers on site engineer. In the words of Red Green, we'll have some Well that's more fun next week. Keep you sick on the ice.
Speaker 1: Can by later. That's what you call a wire rector.
Speaker 4: On this show, everything's a wire rackt No, sure, you keep asking why are they doing that?
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Jeffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality