Speaker 1: Look up with come all the things on.
Speaker 2: The bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, is you You're my favorite views? But that's nothing and we are back.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, bumble bitches.
Speaker 1: We are doing another zoom call with a couple. We have Joey and Ryan, and we are trying to start doing this on a semi regular basis. We want to actually talk to people because it's one thing to read an email. It's another to have a conversation and hear what's going on in real time here, dialogue, election, yeah, all of the good stuff. Right, So this is something that we're trying to start doing on a regular basis. If you guys are looking to have a conversation with Peaches and I and you've got relationship troubles and you want to try to work through that stuff and you're both willing to get on a call, you can send me an email Chris at Tobbetter dot com. I'll vet you and then we will go from there. Do you have anything you want to say before I bring them on the line. No, that was great, all right, bring them on un mute. How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 4: Fantastic?
Speaker 5: We're doing good.
Speaker 1: So why don't you tell us what you guys got going on.
Speaker 5: Well, Joey and I have been together. Oh how long has it been now? We originally met.
Speaker 6: In twenty three, Yeah, and it was right after I had just separated from my ex husband. We dated for a while, took a break for a while, and got back and we've been steady since.
Speaker 1: Defined Like, because you said it was right after you got divorced, is this why are we talking like a couple of days? Were talking a couple of months?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What did that look like?
Speaker 5: It was a couple of months after our separation.
Speaker 6: The divorce took a while, like to get it actually legalized because of issues on my ex's end. That doesn't word, But yeah, we were We were fully separated for a couple of months before I had met Joey, And like I said, we dated for I think it was about nine months and then we broke up for a while and ended up getting back together in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: What was the poss breakup?
Speaker 6: The biggest thing of it was a disagreement about drinking, which is still to this day can be one of our biggest fights. We're doing a lot better about it actually since I first emailed you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have found new.
Speaker 6: Grounds with it, but back then it was about drinking, and both of us were drinking much heavier.
Speaker 5: It was we were both going through different emotional things.
Speaker 6: I had a you know, we all had We had our own issues that aren't necessarily relevant, but we were both drinking heavily.
Speaker 5: I was wanting to stop.
Speaker 6: He wasn't necessarily and we just had a disagreement with if like where we stood on it, and it was causing a lot of stress in the relationship, so we ultimately just decided.
Speaker 4: To end it.
Speaker 1: You said that it wasn't really relevant to anything. If you guys were drinking to escape or to numb, it's relevant to everything.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I just meant.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if you guys wanted to hear the specifics because like I had just after my divorce, I also went through a trauma an essay, and so I wasn't sure how much of that we were we wanted on there.
Speaker 1: So obviously we don't need to do the details of the essay, but these these kind of things are important, right. Trauma big, that's a big trauma, Like that's that's life changing trauma.
Speaker 3: So that's that's made different you on the end of the on the other side.
Speaker 1: Of that, right, So that's definitely prevalent information, but the drinking is still an escapism at that point. You're self medicating, right, Like, There's a lot of conversation that can go around that, and I just wanted to have background before we got too far into things so that as we move, I know why the things are a thing.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would definitely say I was self medicating.
Speaker 6: I was going to therapy about it and honest with them about it, and I knew what I was doing, but I couldn't always stop it type of thing.
Speaker 5: Addiction does run in both of our families. I don't know, if you want to touch in on your end of things.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I guess for me, like it was definitely the drinking in it, Like when I look back, like most of my problems revolve around drinking, which is why I recently I've been like, Okay, let's put a holt on this, you know, And I was just adamant, you know, like I went through some things that year before as well. In my past relationship, I actually got pregnant the whole time, told me it was mine and then come to find out, no, it was not well, and there's a lot of fighting and like manipulation during the pregnancy and everything like that.
Speaker 4: Like it was with a terrible situation, okay. And then I ended up moving.
Speaker 7: Halfway across the state after that, which is where I met her in my hometown.
Speaker 6: So we both were definitely drinking to deal with the things that we had endured recently, and we were just in a disagreeance about it at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay. And when you emailed us originally, you said that the drinking was still a thing, and you just said, that's that's eased up. So are you guys, have you both agreed to not drink anymore or what's that look like? Now?
Speaker 4: This is very.
Speaker 7: Recent, like as of last weekend type of thing. Like at least for me, I said, Hey, I still want to drink on like events, but I don't want to be drinking the way that I am.
Speaker 4: It's not healthy and I don't want my kids to see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, good for me.
Speaker 6: I've always I've kind of gone back and forth with taking long months of sobriety from alcohol. We both do smoke as well, but I've taken several long breaks just because, like I said addiction is in both of our families, and I kind of saw my turning into the addiction that I've seen growing up, and I didn't like the way. I didn't like the way that that was going, and so I have tried taking breaks to make sure that I do have control over over it.
Speaker 4: And if I ever feel like I.
Speaker 5: Start to lose that control again, is when I pause.
Speaker 6: And I realize that like drink, stopping drinking altogether would be obviously the most ideal, but we also both like our both of our families and our friends drink. And that's why like we lean towards like just trying to keep it to social events. That way we can still feel a part of that circle, because like when I am sober, I often get invited to less events like with other people because they don't want to invite me and make me feel uncomfortable with them drinking. And so if we can still if we feel like we still have some days and like holidays or like if we go on a vacation or something where we're allowed to, we don't feel like we're as left out, if that makes sense, or at least that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: That does make sense. Just a perspective.
Speaker 2: If your circles require you to drink to be in that circle, there needs to be reevaluations happening.
Speaker 5: And I don't think I don't think it's that they require me to drink.
Speaker 6: They're more afraid of making me feel uncomfortable about the fact that I'm sober and that they aren't like.
Speaker 5: It's not that they want me to be drinking with them.
Speaker 3: No, I understand. But you just said you'll get invited less because of that.
Speaker 2: So there is some type of requirement there, either to make them feel more comfortable or to make you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said that you will continue to drink in order to be in social circles.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a soft excuse to continue to do something that you guys don't really want to give up.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of things on this too. Yeah. So you guys, you said you got you guys got kids. You told me in the email that you have twins. You got a boy and a girl, and then you got a five year old from your previous situation. Is there? How old are your twins?
Speaker 5: They're one? Okay, almost like one and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys are fully everybody knows about alcohol Anonymous, right, this is the gold standard for getting off of alcohol. Are you familiar with the phrase alan on? Yeah, okay, I've.
Speaker 4: Been in and out of meetings since I was in my teens.
Speaker 5: Okay, and say they might need to hear a little bit more about your backstory too.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just didn't know what they wanted to know.
Speaker 1: So the reason the don't want to get too much in the one Before you get into that, though, I just wanted to point out because you said that you didn't want your kids to see you in that aspect. The family members, especially children is so prevalent that in Florida you can go to ALAN nine meetings while in school if your parents are alcoholics. The trickle down effect of parents who cannot maintain themselves or can't completely quit drinking, if they're an addict, or whatever the case may be, is so prevalent that we now have it in our school systems in America to give children some sort of support group for drunk parents. It's just something that I want you guys to have in the back of your mind when you're drinking. Socially. I have we both have been alcoholics, and I will do a three drink minimum maximum when I go out and do things, but most of the time it's a single drink and then I'm good. I don't want to be belligerent. It's a social thing. If I've got one in my hand and I'm not really drinking it, nobody's going to offer me another one. It allows me to look like I'm partaking. It's just a perception is reality. If people think you're putting them back and your drink always looks full, it looks like you just got a new drink.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The other thing was is you said that you go, you drink and then you don't, and then you drink and then you don't. When you diet, people who diet that have the on and off diets are normally forty percent heavier than people who just eat healthy because you go through cycles of eating very clean and trying to take care of your body, and then the complete opposite because you're no longer on a diet. And it's the same thing with the drinking. You're going to get to a point where your mind is getting healthy again, and then you start putting a depressant, which is alcohol in your brain and it creates it this vicious cycle of ebb and flow. And the other thing that I had wrote down was also the drinking because someone else is an issue for them. You covered that though, so I don't have to get into that. Why were you in meetings off and on since a teenager? Have you been an alcoholic the entire time? Or is this also because of alan Non type things?
Speaker 4: No, I've always kind of had my own issues.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, like if I would have known about alan On, I probably would have been.
Speaker 4: In that one too.
Speaker 7: Both my biological parents, which I don't have communication with anymore. We're both mathematics and that's why we're not in their lives anymore. I also have a twin sister and it gave her down syndrome from being in the room.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I got thetoo. I got the addict part of it. That's the unfortunate way that worked. It's not an excuse. It's the cars we were dealt, you know. And now that I'm kind of realizing it, and I'm just like, dude, I don't want my kids to see this all the time. Like in my mind, I'm not sloppy, but I'm also using something to make myself feel different every day. I don't want them to think that that stuff's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not. And that's exactly what you're doing. You're using things as an escapism. You might not feel that you're sloppy, but you were a different person when you've had two drinks, then when you're not, and if you've had three or four drinks or five or six, like you're a very different person. And kids very they're very perceptive. They know that, like Mom's not normal mom before she's had a cup of coffee. Like they they have to adjust their little universe around our big universe because we get to dictate everything that goes on in their life. If they can't go outside side and play because we said so, they have to follow that rule. So like they're powerless. There you go. I don't have say anything else. That was it. They're powerless. So it's important to remember that.
Speaker 7: And I think that's what's kind of my big eye opener was that, And like I want to see.
Speaker 4: All the little moments there you go.
Speaker 7: I don't want to miss them or forget about them, because like, yeah, I saw it and I was there for it, but I wasn't mentally there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't want that. That's kind of a disgusting feeling for me.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I've had a lot of like I guess come to Jesus moments in the last couple of weeks. Literally like never been the type to open the Bible. One day, I was just like, let's read the Bible. Like, and I don't know, maybe this is just like me, like I need help. I don't know what I'm looking for, but I know I'm not feeling okay, and like, let's work on this, let's fix this. And luckily I have a super supportive partner in person who's always down.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: He kind of recently was like, you should keep listening to the two be better because like she told me about you guys years ago, and I just kind of never did, Like I would. I work ten hour days, I usually just listen to music, you know. And then I started putting on the podcast.
Speaker 4: And was like hey, and then all of a sudden, I started listening to the Voice of the Broke and.
Speaker 7: It was like, ohh so, I mean, I don't know, for me, it's been super helpful lately and it's kind of opened my eyes to a lot of different things. And I think I've just been doing a lot of self reflecting lately and not liking what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Good, it's where growth happens.
Speaker 3: It is where growth happens.
Speaker 1: You got anything over there? You want to move on to the next thing.
Speaker 3: The last thing that I wanted to touch on.
Speaker 2: It says a lot about the people in your life if they decide to invite you less because you are setting a standard for you in your life. And I don't know if I feel like it's a control thing for them or if they feel like you're going to be a Debbie downer because you're not drinking and having fun the way that they are.
Speaker 3: There is a level of right. I smoke.
Speaker 2: I will invite people who don't smoke to come over and hang out if we're doing a group gathering right, like a barbecue for example. If somebody tells me that they're not doing something, I trust you to be an adult and not do that thing. I'm not going to tiptoe around it or worry about like exposure and all those kinds of things. And as a friend, right, if you've told me like, Hey, I'm going to cut back on my drinking, and I invite you out and I see you with a drink. We're having a conversation about that because you just know that thing what's going on?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if it makes a difference, But in those cases where I'm getting invited out less, it's most of the time family.
Speaker 5: My friends aren't like that.
Speaker 6: I have very few friends because of it, because I'll be choosing to not have bad friends. But it is most of the time family. I think that makes me feel like I'm invited less.
Speaker 2: I would have an even higher standard for the family then, right, family is supposed to be this elevated.
Speaker 3: I got your back no matter what I don't know.
Speaker 2: I still stand on the hill of they should trust you to be an adult and just because you don't want to drink doesn't mean that you should miss out on family memories. I would really reevaluate what I'm willing to do and give of of myself to have those people in my life. And I'm not saying drinking is a bad thing. I'm an alcoholic. I don't drink for a reason. And if I felt like in any sort of way that that was something I had to do to be socially acceptable, to be in the invited to those situations.
Speaker 3: That says a lot about the people you're trying to be around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your your choice to abstain from drinking holds a mirror up to their actions, which is probably why they're not inviting you, especially if they're your older relatives, because they look at their life and be like, damn, this is what I've been doing my whole fucking life, and here forty years she's out here not doing this and trying to grow and evolve, and they've got a good marriage and and blah blah blah blah blah. Like it is. Ah, it's just one of those things. I guess, I don't know. I don't want to keep harping on this. I know this is a very prevalent thing with you guys right now, but this conversation is definitely going to help people out there who are currently struggling with this.
Speaker 7: So and I think a lot more people struggle with it than they realize, because like I didn't even realize.
Speaker 4: I was struggling with it and I was drinking every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because most people don't think it's a problem put the kids to bed and helping make the dinner and clean the house.
Speaker 4: And do the things. What's the issue? Like, there's still issues with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think that took me at least a long time to realize.
Speaker 1: But she realized it, and then you know, that's that's where, like I said, that's where change happens. You gotta you know, when we realize that this is just not the way that we want to live our life, it takes something to it's a catalyst.
Speaker 7: Oh, you've had a quote the other day and she even I heard it and then she like sent it to me the same day too, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, yes, oh, what was that one?
Speaker 5: I can go look at the quote. I can.
Speaker 4: It was a good one.
Speaker 6: It was on one of the lives on Patriot with Patreon the other day.
Speaker 7: I heard it in like a different I think I heard it on the Voice of the Broken, but we heard it the fan day on different things.
Speaker 1: Is it that if you always do what you've always done, you always get what you've always got?
Speaker 4: It was right before that.
Speaker 3: I think that was the one.
Speaker 4: I really like that. Yeah, that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 6: I attend him that one, and you only changed once the discomfort of staying the same is greater than the discomfort of changing.
Speaker 4: And I was like, damn, very accurate, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, so what else are you guys dealing with? Like, let's let's get into the bread and butter of all this. Now that we understand that there's a history of addiction communication, can you give us some examples of where the communications struggle.
Speaker 4: Line would be? I hold it in.
Speaker 1: Then you don't communicate, right, Well.
Speaker 7: I will normally want it to a point of like now I'm frustrated about it, Now I'm annoyed or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like that's still not communicating, that's erupting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I interrupted you because that's it's furthering it.
Speaker 3: That doesn't change your point.
Speaker 2: If you are holding things into a point where you only say something when you're frustrated, there is lack of communication going on. Conversations don't get resolved in conflict.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also think that when when you get to the point where you're frustrated and like now you're already in a conversation and you start bringing up the things that you've been holding onto, the thing that originally started the argument is never going to get resolved because now you're arguing for different things because you're both hurt because you've been holding back and there's no real discussion, and if something bothers you in the moment, if you're like, hey, you, that just happened and I didn't like it, or I didn't like the way that made me feel, or can you rephrase that statement please, because I didn't like it, whatever, and you just deal with it in the moment. Those really quick interactions makes it so that nothing ever snowballs because there's nothing in there for it to snowball. There's never any type of resentment or frustration build up. And you know, we get programmed to shut the fuck up, like we don't want to argue with people, and it starts with your parents. You're not allowed to talk back. You do this because I fucking said so, Like, there's.
Speaker 3: Not h're an inconvenience to me.
Speaker 1: Right, there's not an opportunity for you to have real discussions when you realize that your partner's not not your parents, your partner's not there to punish. You shouldn't be in a relationship where you're being punished. It's okay to be open and honest about something that happened when it happened without being attacked, Like if she says something to you and it hurt your feelings and like listen, you fucking bitch, Like that's definitely not the way to handle it. But if you're like, whoa, I didn't deserve that, like that fucking hurt, that's a very different conversation because now they're going from defensive fuck you to oh my god, I didn't mean to hurt you, and now we're having like healthy conversations. So don't ever hold that shit in, guy, Ever, don't ever hold.
Speaker 7: That clarified a little more on that part because like we communicate very well, like when there's an issue, we do bring it up very quickly. I meant more so like internally with like, hey, I'm dealing with this today, I stuff all of my stuff and instead of talking to my person about it.
Speaker 6: Why he has a hard time with communicating when he's struggling, especially, and I'll notice it a lot sooner than he's willing to talk about it.
Speaker 4: That's more so what I'm I'm so star clarified on.
Speaker 6: That, And I say, we don't when we fight, we don't have explosive fights. Were every now and then our voices get elevated, but especially me, I constantly kind of keep the reminders there to make sure that we're talking in a calm tone, even to each other, because that normally affects me and like my emotions if even like his tone is wrong, and we do voice things very well when we're in a fight. I do think he was just meaning that he has a hard time with communicating to me when he's going through something like he's told me that like he has to be strong, he can't have those feelings type of thing.
Speaker 2: So you said that you notice before he says something I can't remember you phrased that.
Speaker 3: Do you comment on that? Do you broch that conversation or you just wait until he says something.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'll ask and like try to check in, But I also know not to kind of poke the bear and not to sit in pester and pester and pester until I try to give.
Speaker 5: Him his space with it.
Speaker 6: I don't always do the best with that, especially if I've noticed a significant change like before, like if it was like whether it be like him drinking more or just him being easier to anger with things or easier to get like frustrated with me or with the kids, or at work that was I would notice it with little things like that, and so I be like, hey, are you good, and he'd be like, yeah, I'm fine, and then he would just like he's saying, you could just kind of shove it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. So I have a lot of thoughts on this. The first thing that comes to my mind. You will never be able to tell your woman what's going on inside of you if you're not honest with yourself about what's going on side of you. Like my husband said, there is a narrative in the world that men have to carry the world on their shoulders and you have to bear through it, and you can't feel these feelings because if you feel these feelings, you're a bitch or whatever the case may be. Stop lying to yourself first and acknowledge that you have these emotions. Not only that you have these emotions or these feelings or the burnout or fill in the blank. It's human to feel this way. You're not a burden to your woman, You're not failing. You are not less of a man because of these things. And this is me just making things up. I'm not saying that you think or feel these things, but I'm just throwing things into the hat. And when it comes to communicating, if you are are still an the throes of the hurricane and you can't even tell what category it is yet, and your woman comes to you and says, I sense the disturbance in the force. What's going on? Instead of saying I'm fine or nothing, I'm not really sure yet. I just know that I'm not okay. I love that you can see that I'm not okay. But then we can come back and have a conversation once I work through that. And for Ryane, the pestering and digging and like trying to see what's going on, especially in massive earthquakes, we can say, where you know, like things have fallen off the wall, this isn't just a little He's going through something today. As human beings, when we have a lack of information, our imagination will start to fill in the blanks because we like stability, and that will lean into you instead of saying I'm fine, saying I am kind of going through something, but I'm not really sure what it is yet. That gives her more information for her to build stability around.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Guys's universes are interleasd We're two separate people going to through two separate things, But your guys's spirits are in her last we can say, and that's how she's able to feel and tell those kinds of things, and vice versa. I'm sure that you're able to pick up on her energies and tell when she's having a bad day. Keeping each other's universes stable, keeping yourself stable, I would say, is like the biggest brick of the foundation. And it doesn't have to be massive, long drawn out conversations.
Speaker 3: That's the end of my ted talk.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of things, and it's I guess I just have a story or an analogy metaphor. I don't know which one is. Which women are natural healers right, Like there's a whole lot of nourishment and like motherly love that women just innately have in them. It's part of their DNA. Men are protectors, were providers, were supposed to go out and battle and do all the manshit that men are supposed to do. But when you get married, you have your own personal witch, You got your own herbalist, you got your own person to nurture you and this doesn't like, oh my god, I got a paper cut, right, But when I'm having a bad day and I am angry, I'm gonna tell you like I'm fucking angry today. I don't know why, but I am so that you know what's going on. I can't I can't go to battle and just stay in the fight all the fucking time. Like my armor's gonna need to get repaired. I'm gonna to fucking sit down at some point and catch my breath. I'm gonna have to sleep at some point. I gotta fucking eat, And at some point I'm a fucking not at you, like I'm coming back to the sideline. We need the pit stop. Armors gotta get changed, I gotta get fed, gotta get a nap. And while I'm doing that, you gotta hold my shield. You holding my shield is me going fuck my boss. Our finances are a little tight for the next seven days until I get paid again. This is the kids have been a lot for me this week, and like I need a break. This is all of the fucked up things that's going on in my life that instead of just letting it sit without you knowing what's going on, it's just me giving you those things, and I don't expect you to do anything about it. I don't expect you to solve anything. I just want you to know where I am so that in the event that's something major pops off, you can't be like I didn't see it coming. If I tell you in the morning, I woke up angry today, and you're like, I want to go to somewhere, and you drag me out in public and I get into something, you know, get into it with somebody, Like there's not a you didn't know this wasn't going to happen situation because I told you I was angry in the morning. There's just a whole lot of information that's got to be passed between two people. And like the idea of not being able to talk to your woman because we're supposed to be not vulnerable and it's weak shit and blah blah blah blah blah. Like I look at my wife as an extension of me. You are my therapist, you are my witch, You are my crazy bog lady that's making tinctures when I'm starting to get sick. There's a whole lot of expectations that come into being a wife, like, I expect you to lead those roles just the way that I lead mine. So like, if she doesn't know that I'm getting sick, how the fuck is she going to make that tincture? Right? And then if I am sick? Now what? So you guys need to understand that being vulnerable is not a weakness unless it's used, or unless it's given to somebody who's going to manipulate you or is going to take that information and somehow turn it into malicious intent. And if you're in a relationship where those things are happening, you have a much bigger problem than not having a conversation.
Speaker 7: So I'm very thankful we don't have that problem. I think, to me, problem I just don't know how to word things in a proper way, and I don't want her to feel the stressed and I'm feeling it's easier for me.
Speaker 4: To feel distress and for her to feel the stress. She's watching three kids.
Speaker 1: All what do you mean you can't What do you mean you can't you can't explain, you don't have the words? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I guess sometimes like oh no, Like, hey, I'm stressed out, I'm feeling this O or the other.
Speaker 4: I don't really know.
Speaker 7: How to convey it in the proper way to her to where it doesn't just come out of a big ball of yoh.
Speaker 3: You just did it to us, right, I'm stressed out.
Speaker 1: You literally just did it for us. Like it's this is a mental block for you. You don't have to have the correct words. Sometimes you just got to get the vibe out there and be like, do you understand where I'm coming from? And even if she says no, but I can tell you're not okay. At least now she knows, Hey, I love you and we're good. But you know, now you know where I'm at, and you can go about your life. Like again, this is a data exchange. You guys have to know what's going on. And in the event that she can make your life just a little bit easier because she knows she's that you're stressed out, or maybe she you know that she's stressed out. Maybe you can do the laundry tonight or whatever like that. That kind of shit. Love makes requests not demands kind of thing like it allows you to serve each other without having to be asked. That's the greatest thing of servitude, right, Like we're doing for each other because we love each other, not because we're obligated to do so that changes the marriage.
Speaker 2: So is it is it hard to find the phrasing because you're worried about how she's going to receive it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, I believe, I'll kay.
Speaker 7: That's probably the main reason is I don't want her to perceive it wrong or like think that my stre stress is caused by her or anything she does, because she'll overthink it sometimes too, Okay.
Speaker 4: So and so I don't want to like hurt her feelings in the moment, you know.
Speaker 2: So that that gives me data that when you are going and trying to vent the steam a little bit with what's going on inside of you, she may take it personally and now she's trying to fix it, solve it, getting anxious those kinds of things. M Do you recognize that you do that?
Speaker 6: Ryan?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I actually I commented on a YouTube video a few months ago.
Speaker 5: On because you guys had kind of touched base on.
Speaker 6: I think it was on one of the ones you did with Belle about how to be there without taking it on as my own because like, if he comes to me and tells me that, like, the finances are stressing him out, and I'm the one that does most of the shopping. How do I not take that as like, Okay, I need to fix something, I need to change something, and not just as him like venting.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So that tells me that you've had a lot of people in your life be super passive, aggressive and shitty and not direct about what's going on. And it may be this family that may I'm gonna keep saying like high keyp pressuring you to continue to drink to hang out with them. If your man needed you to stop doing something, he would say, I need you to spend one hundred dollars less this week and that will help my stress levels. Right, you have to trust that he will tell you these things or he has proven himself to be this kind of person who is passive aggressive and and will use I'm so stressed out about finances as an indirect way to criticize you.
Speaker 5: No, it's not with anything that he does, so.
Speaker 2: You recognize it's a story you're telling yourself. So in those moments, right, if he comes to you and says I'm stressed out about X, Y and Z, you have to check yourself first and foremost, this isn't about me. My man's stressed out right now, and then just continue probing. My husband will tell me I'm angry. Did you wake up feeling that way? Did something trigger it today?
Speaker 5: Is it me?
Speaker 2: It is very okay to ask your man did I do something? And then again you have to trust that he's going to be honest with you. And if he is honest with you, yeah, you spent an extra eighty bucks and you didn't tell me, whatever the case may be, there's going to be guilt shame, right, those are all things that we're taught. But then there has to be a level of I'm sorry, I'll be more diligent with the finances, and then that's the end of the conversation. There's no punishment, there's no consequences in moments where we sat down and you guys said, we are prepared to get offended all these kinds of things, and we recognize that's a trigger inside of us to work on something. If your man's coming to you and he's just expressing himself with his life and it hits something inside of you that could be a childhood trauma that you have to work on or a previous relationship abuse that's still kind of non at the strings inside of you, And I will be remiss if I don't say that. There has to be a level of recognition that you have trained your man that he can't come to you and be honest because of the way that you react emotionally. And that's another thing that needs to be kept in the forefront of our emotion can lie to us. Our motions are something that we have to ride the wave of and then once we get back to the shore, are we still us after that emotion.
Speaker 3: I have nothing else on that.
Speaker 1: I just want to touch on the finance thing, like on the grocery example, because you say you buy the groceries and there could be a stress there and you don't know how to take it. If I come to my wife and I'm like, hey, we're fucked up financially for the next couple days and we can't door dash if I have to get involved in the meal prepping, Like if she comes back and goes groceries for the weakest three hundred bucks and I think that that's not acceptable, We'll have a discussion. You got two hundred you can spend or one hundred and fifty bucks, whatever the case may be. But you need to understand that this isn't about what you've done. This is about what we need to do moving forward to get back on track. Because what's done is done. The stress of the finances is already here. You can feed a family of four for five or six bucks. I've been porous, fuck like, I have stretched the fuck out of a dollar. Sometimes it means you got to go to save a lot, right, or you have to look for dent things. But you you can really stretch a meal and get creative, like spam and some biscuits goes a long fucking way with some frozen vegetables, Like it's really sometimes we got to eat ramen with some fucking Cheetos in it. We're gonna we're gonna struggle for the next two weeks, but once we get on topic and we'll be on top again. And this is the sacrifices that we have to make to make sure that we're okay. The conversation should never be about what's already done. It's about what needs to happen moving forward so that we can maintain homeostasis. Because what's done is done. You can't. You can't. What do you get me mad about the fact you got food refrigerator? The fuck? Yeah, that's a real bad problem to have, you know. Yeah, yeah, it's all perspective.
Speaker 6: And it definitely I definitely think I'll have to keep that in mind because the how we had told you at the beginning of the call that a lot of stuff has changed even since I first sent you the first email, is that we recently we had just sat down and like rebudgeted everything, figured everything out, figured out savings and how to be able to put money aside for the wedding and everything like that, and then Joey got laid off from his job this week, and so now we kind of have to reevaluate everything, and there's some hurdles in the way of just trying to move on to the next step that we have to deal with first, but that involves needing money to take care of them. So we feel like we just kind of got hit with a big kind of like kickback, like two steps forward, two steps or one step forward two steps back, you know, like we finally just for finding our footing, and then the world said, no.
Speaker 3: Now the world's testing you to make sure that you have your footing.
Speaker 7: Right, and I think it's like we've handled much worse and much crazier.
Speaker 4: We'll be okay. We just have to remind each other that we will be okay.
Speaker 7: I'm not having to fix the problem, You're not having to fix the problem. Together, we will fix the problem. I think we remind each other of that everything's finn likely. I'm a licensed plumber, will get work again, you know. Yeah, everybody's got a poop and drink water, you know, So why aren't you opening your own business financially? I'm actually working on fixing my credit that way I can open up in business eventually.
Speaker 4: I know all of like the pricing, the work.
Speaker 7: All of that, I just don't know the business side of it, which I and me and her talked about it. I talked to friends that have done businesses, and we think we might. It's something I want to do once I get my commercial license.
Speaker 4: Right now, I just have my residential license.
Speaker 1: Okay, So residential goes a long way. Everybody's toilets get fucked up. Like I had to pay somebody to come out here and change out of garbage disposed yesterday because didn't fel like doing it. And it's the easiest job. It took him five minutes. He made a hundred bucks off of us because I didn't feel like fucking doing the shit. But he's also a friend, so he probably could have charged me more, and he did. Whatever. If you're a licensed plumber and you know how to quote a job, which I'm assuming you do, because you have to go out and fucking quote jobs, it's normal shit for people. You need to figure out how much your commercial license, how much insurance is, and beyond that, there's no real expense. If you've been doing this trade, you already have your tools. The next thing that you're going to spend money on is marketing and trying to build a brand for yourself, which is word of mouth and undercutting your competitors. If you've been working doing jobs that are three to five hundred dollars a piece and you're only making fifteen or twenty dollars or twenty five dollars an hour doing those jobs and it's taking you four hours, there's a whole lot of money that's going to a company that would go to your pocket otherwise, and you just keep reinvesting in yourself. People think that you need a whole lot of money to start a business. And if you have a trade and you have your tools, starting a business is easy and it's not expensive. And by not expensive, I mean you might have to spend a little money to get things going. But like I've opened businesses for less than ten grand, and that's with having to buy shit. I've opened tattoo studios for less than twenty So there's ways to make the money work, and like doing things a little bit at a time while still doing jobs. You can stick your ass on marketplace, licensed plumber, residential. I will be any price you're given and then go beat the price. Like if somebody again like you just you're going to keep one hundred percent of what you make at that point versus making your hourly rate. Something to think about, it is.
Speaker 7: I mean, it is something that we have talked about because I would also need her help on that front and on the office side, because I don't know how to do paperwork.
Speaker 4: I'm not very I can.
Speaker 7: Figure it out, but it'll take me a lot longer than it'll take her figure it out. Yeah, I can do the work, you know, I need some help on the paperwork, and I'm trying to fix a lot of my my past right now.
Speaker 1: You can do all that while still working.
Speaker 7: No, absolutely, and like you need to work in order to fix it because a lot of it's financial.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, that is something I definitely want to do.
Speaker 7: We moved to a new area in the last year, so I'm I'm kind of learning the people and.
Speaker 4: The area. So to say, where we used to live, I had a lot more connections.
Speaker 1: You seem like a very positive person, like you've been smiling this entire time, but you're you're also making a whole lot of excuses. Yeah, and that's just the honesty. The difference between an entrepreneur and non entrepreneurs, and an entrepreneur cares enough to actually take the steps to do the shit where most people are too afraid to ever try because what if they fail, You're already failing by not doing the thing. The difference between working as a plumber could be seventy thousand dollars a year versus three or four hundred thousand dollars a year working for yourself and for people who have real money problems, being an employee is never going to fix your problems. And I understand that not everybody wants to be an entrepreneur. There have been times in my life where I've looked at my wife and I've been like, damn, I wish I could go back to working a forty hour work. We can turn my fucking phone off and not having to deal with this shit. But there's also times where my phone has gone off and we've made two thousand dollars in twenty five minutes. So, like, you really have to think about what you're doing and the importance of building yourself for longevity. Right now, you guys look fairly young. I would bet that you're both under thirty. Yeah, he's thirty.
Speaker 4: Okay, nailed that. Nailed it.
Speaker 1: So you're at a point right now where you need to be getting your ROTIRA set up. You need to be paying into your Social Security, you need to be setting up mutual funds. You need to be setting up PROSS for your kids. There's a whole lot of things that could be coming up because you have about thirty years given give or take whether or not your body's gonna last that long to be able to work into the work force, to actually be able to retire, and if you can turn that thirty years into the next ten years and have your business up and running with eight to ten employees, and all you got to do is quote jobs. Your body's now preserved and you guys get to go on vacation and your kids get to have a dope fucking life. And like again, I understand that running a business isn't for everyone, but there needs to be less excuses, more information, and at least, at the very least, find out what it's going to cost to get your commercial license and see if you need tools and if you need to buy tools.
Speaker 4: Right now, which sorry, I did not mean to cut you off.
Speaker 1: You said, it's just time right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you have to have in the state of Washington, you have to have x amount of commercial plumbing hours in order to take the test.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he has to work for somebody else.
Speaker 6: They're at jobs for a certain amount of hours before he's allowed to test for his license.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you open your business doing residential and when you subcontract for a company that's doing commercial, you go work for them, get your hours, and then you go open your own. Shit. Perfect simple. Next, I'll do the business thing all day long. I definitely don't want to get caught up on that. I just anytime somebody tells me they're working for somebody else, I always think you're working for the wrong boss. And it's a big problem for me because but again I understand that not everybody's meant to be a business owner. It is what it is. What else you guys got after.
Speaker 4: The communication went out there, this is.
Speaker 6: Your kind of now, I think that, well, we kind of just touched on a lot of the financial stuff because that was one of the things that we had originally said was because we do only have the one income I'm currently I've been in the process for the last two years to try to get on the on state disability after I got diagnosed with Eller's dan loew syndrome and so that and you're not allowed to work because I have a lawyer and he told me that it would get me denied.
Speaker 5: They have denied me several times. But we were finally just.
Speaker 6: In front of a judge that were kind of waiting once again to see if they think that I'm disabled enough. Essentially is the way that it was worded to me. They had a job expert evaluate and he's he told the judge that I was due to my condition, I'm not really compliant with work that like any type of like typical job that somebody would normally have, And so it's I think that's why it's a big stressor on me, knowing that I can't do anything to kind of help financially and that all I can do is hear at the house and just the best way to kind of make it work with it being like that because I always used to work before my health got bad type of thing, and that's a big toll on me too.
Speaker 4: Sorry my voice you're crying.
Speaker 5: It's okay, not crying yet, just the voice cracking.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest detriments that you can ever do to yourself is compare you to your past in any shape or form, right, And that's even hard for me for a very long time. This is just an example. I thought I was going to be this world renowned saxophone player.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: It was my fifth grade until I graduated high school. That was my career.
Speaker 2: I had early mornings, late nights, and then I became a mom and my whole life change. And that's one of those things where can I still play my saxophone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do I now have the time to build the career that I wanted in my mind, No, I don't. There is a morning that has to happen within you for the things that you used to be able to do, because that's not who you are now. I can't remember how you phrased it, but I'm remembering it as I just cleaned the house, and I just cook and I just take care of the kids. Joey, how much harder would your life be if you had three children and not your woman next to you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I tell her every day I couldn't do.
Speaker 3: Her job right, And that's the truth, superwoman.
Speaker 4: In my mind, I can't tell her that all the time. She remembers that because she is not a chance.
Speaker 2: Right, And I'm getting goosebumps. I believe your man when he says that, so you also have to believe him, right.
Speaker 5: And I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just know how hard, how much like how hard it is on him to have like the financial told too of if he misses a day of work that he could get fired, you know type of thing. Or because he switched, he changed jobs in order to be happier at home, and because of that he got laid off, and like he tells me that that affects him, and again I'm just taking his stress on his mind.
Speaker 4: I was just do that.
Speaker 2: You're not eating from his plate, right, So I'm going to do a dinner analogy. You eat from your own plate, and he's eating from his own plate. And some nights, you guys just want different things. So he could have a steak and you can have cheese pizza, and he might be complaining about his steak.
Speaker 3: This is the worst thing ever.
Speaker 2: You might try to share your peats and all those kinds of things, but you're not going to.
Speaker 3: Take his state off.
Speaker 2: Stake off the plate here and that it's this absolutely awful thing, and then continue to consume it yourself. We can offer different solutions, and that can look like would you I don't know, do you want a martini when you walk.
Speaker 3: Through the door.
Speaker 2: I know we just had a whole conversation about drinking. I don't know why I was the first that came in my mind. Get him a fresh, warm towel for him before he gets out of the shower. There are other ways that you can make his life easier without taking on the stress of the finances and circling back to grieving the past version of you that you're comparing yourself to You're an amazing woman. You have overcome and accomplished so many things in your life. And to take away from who you are now, to compare you to who you were before, is you're spitting on your trophy of all the things you've overcome. And I would say, I'm assuming that this all boils down to your self worth. You need to work on loving yourself a little bit more and recon no matter what you do, you're putting your whole ass into this thing, and you're putting all of your joy and pride and tears into it, and those things fucking matter the way that those things show up. Money isn't the only valuable thing of input versus output. You have a happy home, your children are taken care of. Your husband's coming home to a nice home. I would love to think that he's coming home to peace. Right, You guys said you have really good communication and all those other kinds of things. You are providing so much more by not working than you could working. And now like looking at the alternative, right, the idea of this thing is absolutely amazing. If only I could work, if only I could do that kind of thing. Now you're forty to sixty hours away from the house. Somebody else is watching your children, raising them, and now they're coming home with whatever stupid internet brain rot. The other kids are watching because their parents don't supervise them. You're door dashing more, there's less family meals. You're coming home stressed out and word vomiting on him. Now, it's the duality of things needs to be brought and prove perspective as well. We can't just fantasize about how great it would be. We also have to think about how it would remove you from what you're doing in the moment, and I think that that may help you see what you're actually providing.
Speaker 3: I hope all that made sense. There's a lot.
Speaker 1: I have something I want to hit on, but I just thought about something that has nothing to do with this, and I thought about it yesterday. I forgot to send a message on you two seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, While you're doing that, I'm now going to jump onto the whole train of right women have been. I'm not going to say since the DNA time, because we don't have any prehistoric anything of women being told that they have to be anorexic, thin or fill in the blank to be beautiful. Since media and marketing has become a thing for humanity, we have been sold that women need to be a certain way, This is how you provide value, and all those kinds of things.
Speaker 3: One of my.
Speaker 2: Massive catalysts in my life was recognizing that I deem what's valuable in my life. Society doesn't tell me what's valuable in my life. I will take waking my children up every single day with rubbing their back and did you sleep good?
Speaker 3: I have breakfast already.
Speaker 2: Now we get to go to the water park or whatever the case may be, any day over anything else. Right, And now going into the husband aspect of things, My husband's a grown ass man. He can decide how much he can take on, what's too stressful, all of those kinds of things. If he needs help, I trust that he will ask me for help. Otherwise, damn, babe, that sucks. What can I do as your wife? And then that's where that ends. There is no trying to rush and problem solve things, or trying to change your life to make his life a little bit easier. The goal is to be his one true main constant in life. Right, man's lost his job battling with alcoholism, family matters, trauma, all of those kinds of things, and every day he gets to come home to you, and there is a right yep.
Speaker 3: And there is a level of.
Speaker 2: He leans on you to be okay, but he doesn't lean on you to fix his life. I'm gonna ask you a question, how are you because in the beginning of this he said, I am almost everybody in your guys' lives looks at your relationship as an example and says like, you guys are goals, power couple, whatever the case may be. Are you somebody that people have also come to to fix their lives? Have you been the doctor phil, the problem solver all of those kinds of things.
Speaker 5: I mean, I definitely would say I used to be.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely like I still am obviously there for like my best friends and everything. But when I was younger, I definitely like there was always problems in the household, growing up a very angry stepdad in the house, and it was always kind of I always felt like I needed to make sure that I was being my best yeah, sure that it didn't disrupt the house any further, you know. And then I've always struggled with the reason I have so few friends now is because I've always struggled with the boundaries in friendships and giving too much of myself to my friends and was often taken advantage of because of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, found all the wrong types of friends.
Speaker 6: Yep, if you all, Yeah definitely felt like I had to have been the problem at some point because I just had repeated bad friendship after bad friendship that were affecting me worse than breakups when you know, because I was giving too much of myself to them without getting anything in return.
Speaker 2: And that speaks more to what you allow to filter in. Then you're worth as a person right now now, speaking in like universal patterns, I believe if you are meant to learn a lesson, for example, have better friends. If you're keep harping on I'm the problem, it's me, I'm the issue. Blah blah blah blah blah. These people are perfect. They're leaving me because I deserve to not have any friends. You're ignoring the human patterns that the universe is trying to show you of what you don't want in the relationship. Right Our minds are really good at We see it in the divorced kids all the time. My parents broke up because of me. Our minds have a real do a really good job of making us the problem, the common denominator and things. And when you remove that perspective of I'm being punished or fill in the blank for bullyer abuser was right, I'm not worth anything. And now these repeated failed friendships is proof of that. I can't remember where I was going with that.
Speaker 3: Damn it. I can't believe I lost that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is where I'm going with it, but it makes sense going back to the stories that we tell ourselves. Right, we get to decide how we category the quote unquote evidence that life presents to us, and we get to decide whether something is truth or a lie about us. And if the truth about you is that you are a patient person and people find sanctuary in you, and you are you control your anger and moments, and you react or you respawn versus reacting all those kinds of things, then somebody telling you that you're selfish and you're a piece of shit or whatever the case may be, that is just their projection of you.
Speaker 3: Because you know the truth of you, right, then that's the end of it. I can't remember I was going with all of that.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad it wasn't me that made you lose your train of thought this time. Oh yeah, sick me too, Go me, I have I do have something I want to get into, but I'm gonna wait until we're done with this and it'll be a final thought for the episode, because I don't want to keep harping on the business and money side of things when we can be addressing other things. So, is there anything else that you guys want to get into. I mean, this has been I feel like it's been a semi productive call. You guys didn't really have a whole lot of things going on that you wanted to get into. We just felt like a lot of this would be good information for people.
Speaker 5: So can I bring up the.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna bring it up. Okay, you can.
Speaker 1: I mean you can ask him, just be vocal, honest about it, and if we have to cut this out, we can cut this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So a lot of the time, when like we're having a discussion or like if I try to bring something up to him as like either hey, this is an issue, or hey we could be doing this better or anything like that, or even just like if I try to give him just any type of advice, even if like I could be saying something that you said directly and he doesn't normally perceive it very well. But the second that a guy or a man tells him something, it's all of a sudden he's like, it's a good idea. He's able to take it in and he we both acknowledged this. He knows that it's something that he does. Like I could be telling him. I don't know, I can't think of an example right now, but I could be telling him one thing repeatedly, being like, hey, I think this is a good idea, And the second he hears it come from like his cousin or his friend or from off of your podcast from Chris, he perceives it a lot better and he all of a sudden is able to kind of accept that. And that's one of the most frustrating things for me. And I don't know who's on the necessarily like right or wrong end of that.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm pushing too hard in it or what it is.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I know you got some shit to say about this, because this is this was an US thing for a while.
Speaker 2: I'm just at a point where I was like, I told you so, yeah, right, like where I'm at right now, I don't know what it is and it frustrates the fuck out of me. There is just to a point now where I look at my husband I was like, I've been telling you that for months, and it fucking sucks that you decide to listen to somebody else saying it, But it is what it is.
Speaker 1: So being that I'm on the opposite side of that, it's not that I needed to hear somebody else say it to get it. It's that I needed time for to sink in. And most of the time, I don't want to be told what to do. I want I want things to feel like my own idea. And if if I'm being told I need to do something, there's a natural resistance in me to do the shit unless it's coming from like somebody that is a mentor or somebody that I like, highly respect that I views higher than I am somehow, Like there's people in our lives that I think is doing better in life than us, And if they say something to me, whether I disagree with it or not, I'm fucking honed in because I'm going to learn something from it, but there's a whole lot of Sometimes I need to feel like I came to it on my own. Sometimes you'll say some shit and it'll the seed will be planted and all of the other people saying the shit, and the time that has to go by is what's going to give me that seedling for me to see that this is a viable idea. It's never one thing, it's a multitude of things. Sometimes I just don't like the idea. This song that we listen to that I was like, I can't fucking stand this chick's voice, and at the first time you showed me the song, couldn't stand it. I've gotten over the fact that I don't like her voice because I really like the story of the song. And now I listen to the song. It's a staple of our playlists. But it took me time to get there. It's no different than hearing something. I need to feel like I've come to it on my own and I need to understand it from my own perspective and not somebody else. Is for me to like, really get it. And there's been times that people that I admire or that I view as mentors have said something to me and I've come to you and I've talked about it, and whether we've implemented it or not, you know, as a whole other story. But like, sometimes I need to collect enough data so that I feel like I'm making the right choice. That's the burden of leadership.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I take something that somebody tells me and just run with it all the time, I'm not leading, I'm following. Yeah, So there's a lot that goes into that Psychologically. That's a fucking mess for people. And it's something that I still struggle with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real shit, there's times where I just won't say anything and I'll just let you struggle because I know you won't hear me.
Speaker 1: I always hear you, I just don't always listen.
Speaker 3: And you're going to struggle anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I still need that though. That's the planting of the seed. Those seeds have to get planted because otherwise I'm going to hear it six months from now and it's not gonna matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's a level of how many times am I going to be ignored for me to continue to waste my breath?
Speaker 1: What makes you think is ignoring you? Because that do it right away.
Speaker 2: Because the credit's given to somebody else. If I'm trying to have a conversation and three and four other people say something, you're like, oh, I heard this great thing today from so and so, and I was like, I said that six months ago, and you told me it was garbage, Like what changed exactly? That?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Pages? Exactly me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it just takes time for me to get there. Sometimes it could be just be a man thing.
Speaker 7: I think that's kind of where I'm at with it, as it needs. I need to hear it a couple different times. I need to because it's kind of like if I take like you're saying, if I take one person's idea and run with it, like, that's not a very educated decision. Now, if I hear it from three different people, I'm a little more likely to do it.
Speaker 1: It's also a matter of the way it's delivered. You guys, can we can all say the same thing in different verbiage.
Speaker 7: Sometimes for me, I will quit listening if it's not delivered right in the first two words.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the delivery matters more than what's being stated. I mean, it's like that any conversation, But.
Speaker 3: I just live with it. That's my answer.
Speaker 2: I pick and choose what I want to say, and then when it turns out that I'm right, I was right, dope, I give myself a high five. I know I know my knowledge, I know my wisdom, and I don't need the validation of the people around me, including my husband, to know that I'm intellectual. And if he happens to listen to somebody else, I'm glad you heard that voice.
Speaker 1: There's also a level of I need your undivided attention in these conversations too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, if I'm doing three things and you're talking to me about something, there's a very strong possibility that I'm not going to remember it anyways. So there's a lot that goes into that. It's definitely a failure to communicate. Sometimes it's a failure. There's a whole lot. This is just this is one of those things that it's not a black and white. There's so many variables that go into all of that that it's really hard to say, I'm glad that you don't get mad about it anymore, because you did at one point. You would get pretty frustrated with me about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't mean I don't means I cope with it differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then I appreciate you not taking that out on me. How about that you're welcome?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and that's a selfish thing on my part because I want my life to be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah it, guys said it's because we evolve at different rates. Someone said that I told you so, is so real. I just roll my eyes and giggle. Now I swear it's the difference in divine women and divine men. Yeah, I don't know. I do think that. I mean, if his situation comes it comes from it being directly by men, it's looking it's because he's looking for guidance from men. My situation is, is I need to I believe that I need to feel like I came to it on my own, or it needs to make enough sense to me to feel like I can connect the dots on my own so that I don't feel like I'm being told what to do. I have a real fucking problem with authority.
Speaker 3: Yes you do.
Speaker 1: So you guys got anything else? Because if not, we can go ahead and start wrapping up. We're at the hour mark and I have a something I want to get into.
Speaker 4: I think we covered most of it. I mean, now we know we got Mark.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead, well outro real quick. Well, no, let's we want outro. What we're gonna say our goodbyes to you guys. I'm just gonna mute. You can stay on so that you can hear it in retime, real time versus the delay. But you know, I would like to thank you guys. We would like to thank you guys for trusting us with the zoom call. Your relationship is, you know, should be one of the most sacred things to you, guys, and putting it into somebody else's hands for opinions and advice is a vulnerable thing and we don't take that lightly. So thank you guys for that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Hopefully it wasn't time for you guys.
Speaker 1: No, this was an easy one today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we appreciate you guys for listening to us and helping out awesome.
Speaker 2: If you guys have any further questions, you can always email us. If you're in the discord, you can add us. I truly hope that our conversation is here today make your great relationship an even better one.
Speaker 4: I think you will.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: All right, so Jenny said to you in the last three years. The amount of time my intuition has been ignored is so frustrating. I just stopped trying to get anyone to listen. Now, I just telp peoples. That's what we do, all right. And then then she'll get a text with me like three weeks there and be like, I was right, I want to I want to talk about this, the money thing a little bit. The whole time that you were going back and forth with them on all of this, I was going down a rabbit hole, which brought me to Trevor in the fact that he still has your dirt bike and it hasn't been sold yet. And this is where this whole whole thought process came from, because I was trying to work through things there. I'm a hustler, guys. I have been on my own since I was thirteen years old, and other than a couple of times where I've had to start over from scratch, I've never really truly been broke like. I've had stints in my life where I was bummed, like I truly didn't have any money, But you know, one of them was because I had just spent a year and a half in County jail. And then the next time was because I just did a three year bid. Like, there's been times where I've had to start over and I was homeless and like I didn't have anyone to fall back on. But when you find yourself in a position where you don't have shit, your willingness to hustle and do things to make real money changes. So, oh yeah, I could take this off to you. So the the idea of, like, if something came up in life and we were financially strapped for cash, there's a whole lot of things that I just inherently know what to do to make our life a little bit better. And like, if you were like the couple was, if you had some sort of di ability and you were unable to work, and I had a record that would allow me to door dash, I could set up a door dash account and you can make those deliveries while I'm at work and there's extra income. You can get on things like freecycle dot com or freetrader dot com and go pick up couches and steam clean them shits. You buy a one time steam cleaner, properly clean and deodorize that free couch and stick it up on Facebook. Marketplace for a couple hundred bucks, and like, you can really do a whole lot flipping things, Like it's no different than selling drugs. And I know that that's a poor analogy for a lot of people, but like that was my childhood. I sold dope, Like that was how I made my money as a kid, And that mentality has transferred over into everything that I do in life, because there's always a way to make money. And this is gonna sound really arrogant, making money to me has always been easy because I always have that whatever it takes mindset. So you can do things like the free cycle, free trader or whatever it is. You can buy things on Facebook marketplace and flip it. You can collect scrap metal, you can go around and dig through people's garbage if that's what it takes. You could go to the thrift store and sell things on eBay that you find at the thrip store. There's a whole lot of things that you can do. There's even times where you see these things on TikTok where people are like, I found a coupon that lets me buy this thing for a penny, and they go to home depot and buy it for a penny. This is illegal, so I'm not telling you to fucking do this, But home Depot has a no receipt return policy. So if you can go to a home depot and buy a whole bunch of shit for a penny and leave with five hundred dollars worth of stuff, you can go to a different home depot and return that shit, and even if they give you store credit, you can then go buy something with that store credit, get a receipt, and go back to the other home depot and return that motherfucker because you got a receipt. Now, it's a hustler's mentality. How far are you willing to go to make the money to do the thing? So I'm not saying that you guys should be doing illegal things. I'm just saying that there's always a way to make money if you're willing to do the thing to make the money, and how how broke are you willing to live to be able to get to the point that you're trying to go. We have Open Business Is where we have put every last fucking dime into that thing, and it's been a huge fucking risk, but we've made it work because we're willing to not eat for three days, right, little fast, Yeah, I mean it's good for you. Water fast, Let's go, And all we need is a bag of limits for that airbatic in the water. Let's run the shit. But we're willing to suffer to get to where we're trying to go. And most people aren't willing to do that because they get caught up in the creature comforts of things. And I view that as a lack of societal knowledge because we're expecting people to take care of us. First, it's our parents, then we depend on the government. Like, there's a whole lot of arrogance in that. I don't fucking need nobody, right, I want you in my life. I don't need you here. There's a difference in that, And the want is so much better than the need because you're not I'm not a dependent, right, Like, we're running this motherfucker together by choice. It's powerful. So and I didn't want to get really hard into all of that, but it's one of those things that I think is super important to remember. And if you have any type of technical ability, you can find things that are broken and repair that shit. Yeah, if you have a you know, a welding background, you can fabricate custom furniture. At one point, we bought a whiskey cabinet for like thirteen thousand dollars, like we bought We bought a really crazy expensive poker table that was custom built, and it was heavy as fuck out of all steel. It's people who have money is going to spend that money on dumb shit. That's just the way that it is. And the more skills you have to be able to create and do cool things, people are gonna want those cool things, especially if they're one offs. You just then have to find a way to market and brand yourself. Sometimes that means you're doing things for less than what you would normally do them for until you can build a name. And that's normal shit. Jesse James didn't wake up one day and start building motorcycles and charging two hundred thousand dollars for it. Like it took him time to get to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So came across a chick.
Speaker 2: All she makes is little tiny swimming pools to put your keys in, and she was finally able to quit her job because of.
Speaker 1: It selling swimming pools to put her keys in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like little tiny like trades lay swimming pool trays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she retired on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, able to put her job because of it. Wild yep, wild.
Speaker 1: It's crazy at right. I would have never thought that, Like, that's not something I would have ever thought to do. We have somebody in our community that's talking about building an app, and like the thing that he's talking about building, I was like, I would never buy that, Like, that's not something I would use. There's other apps out there that are free that I can kind of do the same thing for And I was like, but if you can market this, it'll sell. Yeah. You can buy a three D printer fairly cheap. Now, filament's fairly cheap, and you can print if you know how to use a CAD program. You can make STL files and sell those STL files and people will buy them, especially if there's things that you can print that fixes uh, that creates a need, right, or you can take it to Etsy and sell that shit on Etsy. Yeah, those little dragon toys that we buy for the kids off Etsy that are like ten fifteen bucks. We could three D print those. It's not fucking hard, but I don't want to put them together right time. Consuming those people are printing it doing it real quick because they've got the experience and snapping the shit together and then reselling it. It takes them like two dollars worth of filament plus the shipping costs. Like it's a no brainer. They're making money. It all really does come down to how hard do you want to hustle and how bad do you want to make this thing work? Yeah, so, vinyl cutters are not super expensive. You can make stickers for car clubs, you can make tumblers like pe.
Speaker 3: People are willing to spend money on dopamine hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: We walked into five Below yesterday or the day before.
Speaker 2: The children wanted to spend their allowance money and I almost spent five dollars on a little tiny key chain that had two tomatoes and a ravioli on it.
Speaker 1: She came home with the Master of the Universe miniatures for me.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, you're right. So, and even with the kids only at seven and eight years old, they worked. They wanted to go to five Below. So they were like, what chores can we do to make five bucks? And they ran around the house all morning until they made that five dollars And then you guys went and It gave you guys something to do. It kept them occupied all fucking day.
Speaker 2: They did their own laundry, They swept the front porch for me, they put the dishes away.
Speaker 1: Taught them responsibility, They got turned a paycheck, and then you took them somewhere to spend their money. It's a lot that goes into that shit.
Speaker 2: So our daughter got to feel the heartbreak of not having enough money. Yeah, she had three separate things. She had five dollars and like two of the things combined was five bucks.
Speaker 3: And then one of the.
Speaker 2: Things was six dollars by itself, and it was this little like strawberry shortcake neck pillow for like airplanes, and she.
Speaker 3: Goes, it's six dollars. I only have five.
Speaker 2: And then she looked at me like the dry snitch and shit, hoping that I would offer, and I'd be like, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Put something back.
Speaker 1: That sucks good.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? And she was like can you? And I was like, no, it's fun damn let her finish the sentence.
Speaker 3: Nope. I was nice.
Speaker 2: Once one time she had no money in her allowance and she was like, can you buy this thing for me? And now every time she asks me if I can chip in money, and like I saw what I did, I'm learning from my lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I know that there are people out there who hate America right and and though today's the fourth of July, Happy fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Everyone stay safe today, guys.
Speaker 1: I hate our government. Fuck our government, both sides, like I don't think that they they're representative of the people period. But I love our country and I love the opportunity that we have here. And if we didn't have the opportunity we have, we wouldn't have the migration that we've had over the last fifty years. We have more opportunity to hustle and make it in this country than anywhere else in the world, which is why so many people come over here and end up making generational wealth the first you know, first two generations they're here. There's no reason that you can't do it here if you just are willing to get creative and you're willing to provide something that fills a need in people. People didn't need them. Swimming pool fucking key chain holders. No, I would never buy that, but you know what I did by actually I didn't because somebody made it for us. We have that metal key chain holder with the magnets, but I was looking for one of those. When that came in the mail, somebody's like, I heard you talking about this on the podcast, so we made you one. I was like, fucking sweet, and I mounted that bitch by the door, and that's where all of our fucking keys are. Before that, I had to walk through the house to get to the fridge to stick my keys on the fridge because otherwise I lose my keys. I have a brain injury. Like, there's a whole lot of I forgot where I sat shit, So there's a whole lot of needs being filled. And if you have a laser engraver that can print on top of metal, you could do people's last names with a cool design or mushroom stuff. I would buy that right, Like, there's a whole lot of it's just a matter of getting creative and then finding a way to market. Somebody in the Chata minute ago was like, I know somebody that makes uses their art to make coloring books and sells them on Amazon. That's an easy way to make money. You can make adult coloring books, you can make flash books. If you know how to draw, you do your tattoo bule designs and a flashbook and sell that shit on Amazon as tattoo flash or reach out to tattoo supply companies. People still buy that shit. It's not as much as they used to. That used to be a really big industry.
Speaker 3: But market to parents and kids, you're gonna hit double the market.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: If I was making coloring books, I'd make a pluthor of coloring books, kid coloring books, fairy world coloring books, nature animals only, mosaics. I might be talking myself into something here.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, when you think about it, you could actually make themed coloring books too that tell a story right, and it would just be I mean, people wouldn't get it unless they got it, and when they caught it, they go, oh my god, this is a story. Yeah, that'd be really cool. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you get your Mama's on Amazon, but I know you fucking can a lot of the things that I buy from Amazon now are coming from people who have their shops on Amazon. It's not Amazon itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The problem with that is I think that you have to have product in order, like on hand to put it up and sell it. But see, even even with Taylor and her mala beads, like real shit, your malas are expensive. Yeah, they're real stone, they're handmade. Most people ain't going to send two hundred dollars on all beads. Most people will be like, sixty bucks is a lot. Yeah, but it depends on what you're getting. So, like you're paying for custom order shit, it's a very different thing. So now you're marketing to a different market of people. If you were selling your mala's for eighty ninety dollars, you'd sell a whole lot more of them than you do it two hundred dollars apiece because you have a niche market at two hundred dollars apiece. So again, that's one of those things that you just have to try to figure out how to make that work. There's people that are like Homestead said, she used to sell her soaps on Amazon. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: That is a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. I'm done. I'm ready to wrap up. I just I wanted to throw that out there. I know that there's'll be a whole lot of people out there that got mad that I said. It's easy to make money because they're financially struggling. But I ain't never had that problem because I'm willing to do what you ain't. I'm willing to do a whole lot of shit to make sure that my family's good. I'm going to do illegal shit like I'm willing to do a whole lot and give a fuck. I'd rather say I tried than I didn't. You know, get anyone add on? No, No, All right, guys. As always, remember you are the author of your own life. Grab a pen and will see you won the next one. Bye, Ryan, Joey, Have a good day, guys,