Speaker 1: O d of des are.
Speaker 2: That of desire.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan. I'm Jacob and today Jacob. Let the COLT members know what the fuck we're talking about today, sir.
Speaker 4: So there, I was doing my little historical deep dives, as I am one to do from time to time, and uh, you know, I was looking into some Vietnam war stuff. I do enjoy looking at that, not just for the warfare of it all, but also the political time frame, the era in American history and a lot of the things that we did as and we, I mean the Royal we as far as what we did in Southeast Asia. And I find it to be a very interesting conversation because like, for instance, Vietnam is one of the only countries where we have been to war or at war with them at one point in time in the last two hundred years, where pretty much as soon as the war ended, give them a ten year time gap, and then they got.
Speaker 1: Real cool with us, like real cool.
Speaker 4: You have a lot of Vietnam era veterans that will go to Vietnam today and the Vietnamese people hold no grudge, like they are not some type of way about the fact that you killed so many of us. And oh, look the old guy sitting in the room of their missing an arm. That's because of year fifty cows. Nah, they're just whatever about it right now to this day.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 4: I wish I knew. I mean, granted, Vietnam, the Vietnam War was about communism, really and truly. You had the North Vietnamese, the NVA or the Vietcong, who wanted communism to take over as the premier government type in Vietnam, and you had the South Vietnamese that were very pro democracy and they were very pro American and because of that a war spurned up, as it did during the.
Speaker 1: Cold War all of the world.
Speaker 4: But after we left, and which for the record, we won the Vietnam War. I know a lot of people will argue that point, but that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: The fact of the matter is how you declare who.
Speaker 4: Loses a ward, who was forced to come to the table to sign a treaty that was not beneficial to them, That is who lost the war.
Speaker 1: Vietnam lost the war against us.
Speaker 4: We left two years later, we had that whole embassy situation and that's what the optics were to show the world that we lost. The war didn't happen. But whatever, Kay, Communism took over Vietnam for a while. They're pretty democratic these days. But that's neither here nor there either. So as I was looking into some stuff, I heard about the Secret War, which I had heard about.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It took place in Laos and Cambodia and some of the neighboring countries to Vietnam, and I stumbled upon a place called the Plane of Jars, Jonathan, have you ever heard of this place?
Speaker 1: Before we get into it?
Speaker 3: Oh, but secret War sounds very marvel of you, sir Ah.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: So the Secret War was basically the Huchi Minh Trail. Have you ever heard this?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: So Hou Chi Minh or Ho Chi Minh, however you want to say, was the leader of the North Vietnamese Army. Okay, he the guy Huci Minh, right, And there was something called the Huchi Minh Trail, which was a combination of trails through the jungles, underground cave networks that had been dug out all these things, and it was a way that they would send supplies and weapons and manpower from point A to point B. Basically, these dudes you would see nothing in the jungle, and out of nowhere you'd have like two platoon sized elements swarm you, and by the time you looked up, the fighting was over and they were gone. It's because they popped out of man holes that are like one foot by one foot squares carved out of rock, and we couldn't see them. That's where tunnel rats became a thing, right, American soldiers with a forty five in a light that would dive into these caves and these tunnels to see what the hell was down there. Right, So all of this was all a part of the Huchim Introil. Now, there was a section of this trail that went through Laos and Cambodia because we weren't allowed to go there. The war was in Vietnam. American forces couldn't go to Laos and couldn't go to Cambodia because they were not in open war with America. It's kind of similar to think of Afghanistan, right Osama bin Laden hung out in Pakistan. We couldn't go there because we weren't at war with Pakistan.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, so a section of this trail went through Laos and this is where the plane of Jars is located. But before we get into the possible connections thereof let's talk plane of jars.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So this place has thousands of giant stone jars, some of them way up to like eight or ten tons, okay, and they are scattered around this area. No one knows exactly where they came from. We're going to get into a lot of archaeological conversations about who might have carved them, where they came from. They were mined from a quarry eight miles or kilometers rather away from this site, and no one knows exactly who brought them here or for what purpose. This good cult members is why I brought.
Speaker 1: It to the show.
Speaker 4: This is a weird situation where we are going to be blending the modern day, We're gonna be blending the ancient world, the unexplained folklore giants and why the US dropped two hundred and sixty two million cluster bombs.
Speaker 1: All over this area?
Speaker 4: Could this be because they wanted to cover up the ancient origins of these jars?
Speaker 3: Are we going like, how do we know how far these jars date back.
Speaker 1: No one knows for sure. There are and we're gonna read.
Speaker 4: There's articles that I've brought on, there's videos that I brought on. Good cult members, you're gonna want to see this, okay, But I'm gonna tell you now, the best estimates for the longest time were twelve hundred years ago, right, But then they became two thousand years ago. Now the arguments are over three thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: And here's the kicker.
Speaker 4: Some of them are made from sandstone, which is relatively easy to carve out. I mean, how bronze tools could carve out standstone beautifully with no issue. But some of these are made of granite, meaning that they were carved with iron. Jonathan, they didn't have iron three thousand years ago. The iron age didn't exist three thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: So this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We're blending, We're blending a lot of different ideas and perspectives on this. Get ready, everybody, today we are gonna be talking about the conspiratorial origins of the Plane of Jars. And if you would like to see this episode, see the videos, see the article, and see these gorgeous pictures rather.
Speaker 1: Than just hear about it, Jonathan tell them where.
Speaker 3: They could go Patreon dot com slash Cultive Conspiracy Podcast. That link is now in the show notes below. It's the best way to be able to support us. You'll be able to slide into our dms with any kind of suggestion or just to say hi. Whatever you want. You can always reach out to us. We reply pretty instantly and we have several different tiers over there. But if you want to be able to join us every Tuesday night at nine pm Central, you would sign up for the Third Eye All the Way Open tiers and that'll give you access to come join us every Tuesday night for the rest of your life. Because it doesn't matter how much money goes our way, hopefully lots, just like we hope that hopefully lots of money goes your way as well, But it doesn't matter. We do this for the love of it. We do it for the fun of it. This is it experience every single time we get behind one of these mics, and it's even more fun whenever you're there. So if you want to be able to be a part of that, then go to Patreon dot com slash Cultive Conspiracy podcasts and sign up for the Third Eye all the way open to here. But let's just be real. The main reason why most people go over to Patreon is because it is completely emotional. Yeah, so come on down to Patreon and get the shows a couple of days in advance. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: Come on, what are you doing here if for nothing else?
Speaker 4: If you don't want to be a part of the live and you do just want to get the commercial free listening experience and you want to be able to see the things. It's five dollars a month, y'all. That's that's a beer. That's a beer at a bar. And we're how many episodes are we putting out right now?
Speaker 3: Fourteen a week. We're almost to be fifteen. We're almost up to nine hundred episodes.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on now, where are you going to get that kind of bang for buck activity for five dollar hairs?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 3: And all in all, we have eleven hundred episodes collectively, a little over eleven hundred collectively. With all of the beautiful cult affiliates such as Deplorable Janet and Cosmic Peach, Josh Monday, we have our boy Timmy who's coming up on the weekends, there's Strange Blue. It's just getting absolutely weird and it's only gonna get weirder. And also you do have access on there, you know, obviously you know the Cajun Night and Meta Mysteries is also on this platform as well, so you know, I mean, it's an all, it's one big family, and we're just trying to open up third eyes across the board. So whatever you're into, maybe you want to get your Biblical third eye all the way opened up. Then you go to Josh Monday, maybe you want to get your what is Peach into, like the Murder Mystery third eye opened up, you know what I mean. It's all really all over the damn place. And especially Deplorable Janet with all the health stuff that she's getting into, she has advised me to stop using methylene blue. I have not used it in a few days. We're going to see how things go, all right, although my alternative to methylene blue is energy drinks, and I don't know if that's better either, so.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, we'll see that being said.
Speaker 4: Also, as you brought up the Cajun Night and Meta Mysteries, the only place to get the videos for both that those will be on our individual patreons right and also if you would like to join us for the Metamistery Live and the Cajun Night Live, come check out our individual patreons. We hold a live every Wednesday night at nine pm Central.
Speaker 1: Each of us do.
Speaker 4: And you know, we're growing these communities in and of themselves. The episodes do get promoted and pumped out on the Cult Conspiracy Channel. But to join in those conversations, if you want to get into all of the dark and the occult and the symbology and the religiosity and the backstory and the mentality behind it all, then go check out Meta Missions.
Speaker 3: Say it's not all dark. We get into a lot of light over there. The majority of it is light, all right. So if you're into the light, witchy stuff for the light, philosophical stuff, the light, magical stuff, the religious, the spiritual, all of it over there, you like the looking at the gnostic versions of things, and you know, like that kind of hermetic stuff and just get real wide out over there, and uh yeah, that is that's that's my baby over there. That's just my little baby, This cult of Conspiracy, that's my that's my big boy. You know, meta mysteries. That's my little baby, and I'm trying to trying to nurse it off of my own teat, and well Shawn's teat as well, you know. And but yeah, it's it's always awesome over there. So we appreciate everybody that goes and checks out Meta mysteries, and by the way, anybody that's curious as to why it's even called meta mysteries, Meta is kind of like all. I know, some people look at it that you want to look at what the what the Hebrews meant whenever they said meta meta translates to dead. I don't agree with that. I think that it's probably more of a Nasa Nasha kind of situation. Maybe it's a slight mix up or something along those lines. The way I look at it is for it's metaphysical stuff, all encompassing, across all planes, across all dimensions. That's what I mean by meta and the mysteries, because I personally believe that every single topic that we talk about you wouldn't have been privy to fifty years ago, forty years ago unless you were in a mystery school or in a secret society or something along those lines. So we're not asking you to sacrifice any body limb, We're not asking you to, you know, do anything kind of crazy. It's just third eye all the way open over there, baby. That's what we're all about.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And with the CA tonight, if you want to get into geopolitics and some news stories that may not be as mainstream as what you'll see on Fox and CNN right now, especially now because everything's going on with the Epstein Files, we will be dropping an episode on the updates on that here soon cult members, I promise you, But I.
Speaker 3: Actually imagine I'm sorry, I don't mean to cush off, but I imagine we're going to be getting into that heavy tomorrow night for the live show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could. I could imagine that.
Speaker 4: Well, we say tomorrow as of time of recording, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This episode I believe, is going to drop on Thursday.
Speaker 3: So in your case, two days ago. Yeah, but yeah, my point unless you're on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Unless you're on.
Speaker 4: Patreon, then you're listening to this day of and like, good, thank you for joining me. But my point is there's a lot of things that are going on that you're not gonna hear a lot about. For instance, Israel just bonded Gaza's only cathedral, killing the priest.
Speaker 3: Wow yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So like you know, certain news outlets are talking about that, but that's not exactly the main story of what's going on right now because there's a lot of other things that are hot news right now. Right everybody's talking about spilling the hottest of teas. So over on the Caju to Night, we do talk about some geopolitics, we talk about some tech news going on, We talk all over the place, all the things, all the stuff. It is a more uh you know, relaxed yet you know, open form yet educational kind of conversation when it comes to the geopolitical conversation. To join into that Cajun Night, we only have one tier for entry every Wednesday night at nine. I look forward to seeing more people there as we continue to grow this thing.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, baby, we're just expanding upon the cult of conspiracy. Each one of these are our individual shows are expansions and almost like the evolution of the characters of Jonathan and Jacob. Not to go through it exactly, no.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent with you. That's agreed.
Speaker 4: So all right, now let's get into the plane of jars. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time, Like.
Speaker 1: Princess, look at these things.
Speaker 4: They are massive stone containers and none of them really makes sense as far as how they got there, Who built them, how did they get brought here from a stone quarry eight kilometers away from this location?
Speaker 1: How old are they? Now?
Speaker 4: I will say this before we get into it. There's a couple of different theories as to what they're supposed to be used for, and the going theory as of this moment is something along the.
Speaker 1: Lines of burial.
Speaker 4: Okay, there were some skeletal fragments found in one, there were some charred charred remains rather found in another, some trinkets, some beads, some little things like this, and okay, that makes sense. But if you look at it grand scheme looking at one individual, because they laid it out in grid squares. There's like zone one, zone two, zone three, all these zones, and that's how archaeology is done, so you don't miss anything. Everything is laid out in grid squares and you dig your entire square through and through, and that's like this person is designated for this one square and that's their whole job to make sure that you're getting as many eyes on as much area as possible. If you look at one of the burial then okay, that makes perfect sense, and you could understand why they would say that all of these were basically burial tombs.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, except none of them line up.
Speaker 4: Every style of burial goes completely against the other type that was found in this jar, which is completely different from this type found in this jar. It makes no sense if this was all done by the same culture and in the same region, even for hundreds, if not thousands of years, there would at least be some kind of rhyme or reason to it.
Speaker 1: All right, It's not like for Egyptian ummification.
Speaker 4: Okay, looking at an Egyptian mummy from the first and the oldest mummy that we can find, to King tut to Cleopatra, there's wide, wide centuries worth of gaps that I just said with those three things. Okay, the mummification principles and practices are the same. They kept it the same. None of these are the same. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: So as far as these uh, these jars go, is it like are they buried into the ground like an easter Island type of situation, or are they is there a hole beneath them? Like how deep do they go or is it just surface level?
Speaker 1: No? No, they're enclosed. They're enclosed.
Speaker 4: There's absolutely a bottom of these, not like Easter Island where it's like it's right there and then you dig down and it's like there's more to it.
Speaker 1: No, no, No, it's what you see is what you get.
Speaker 4: You might have it like a foot below the dirt, you know, like some erosion and some soil has gone up the sides. Very normal for it being there upwards of three thousand years kind of thing, But not to not to say that there's like a whole complex underneath them or something like that. There's no tunnels that connect them or anything like this. They're just out here and no one can give any real reason as to why, although the local legends say that they were giants that made them for specific reasons. We're gonna get to.
Speaker 3: It all cauldrons, do I not like cauldrons.
Speaker 4: Like this was allegedly giant jars that were used to hold whiskey when a great king won a battle and wanted a party.
Speaker 1: Hard.
Speaker 3: Oh I hope that's real.
Speaker 1: I hope so too.
Speaker 4: But for the amount of jars, It's like, bro, how drunk did these people get There's hundreds of these things?
Speaker 3: Are you're talking about giants? Bro? I mean they probably can a few, you know.
Speaker 1: They could they could throw it down, Yeah, no doubt. All right.
Speaker 4: So from the first first video we're gonna play here is from R M R U I n K. The Plane of Jars Medalist Jesus Mesalithic.
Speaker 3: Mystery in Laos megalithic Yeah, thank you, let's check it out.
Speaker 5: Since their discovery in the nineteen thirties, the giant stone jars scattered throughout central Laos have remained a prehistoric puzzle. These megalithic jar sites, collectively known as the Plane of Jars, cover over two thousand square kilometers and are filled with thousands of enormous stone jars, some weighing up to fourteen tons. Who put them there and why archaeologists are still puzzled. One theory suggests that the jars were used for burials or ritualistic purposes. Another legend tells of a race of giants who used the jars to brew and store rice wine. The jars themselves give little clue as to their origins or purpose. Carved of rock and varying in shape and size, they are predominantly constructed of sandstone, Brescia conglomerate, granite, and limestone. After decades of speculation, a team of researchers used optically stimulated luminescence to date the jars. They discovered that the jars were constructed between twelve forty and six hundred sixty BC. The function of the jars is still debated, with some suggesting they were mortuary vessels or used to capture rainwater for caravans passing through the region. Researchers have also found intricately carved discs buried with the jars. These discs feature geometrical images of concentric circles, human figures, and animals. Some believe they may have served as burial markers. The Plane of Jars in Laos remains a mysterious and enigmatic archaeological site. Despite years of research, the true purpose of these giant stone jars continues to elude us.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: There's no one set pattern to their placement or even how they look. Some of them have a lip, some of them look like they were pretty much just kind of carved into some sort of a.
Speaker 1: Bowl shape and then left.
Speaker 4: Some of them are short as and they only come up to maybe your knee. Some of them are eight foot tall. Some of them have lids and or you know, lids next to them, these discs that were next to them that they believe were lids to them.
Speaker 1: Some not.
Speaker 4: But even still, even if that is a lid for that jar, bro, what kind of manpower do you think you're gonna need to lift the lid to go on to a fourteen ton jar.
Speaker 3: This is why this is and this is the kind of shit this along with the Pyramids, amongst other things like we just mentioned Dester Island and stuff like that. This is why, like I honestly truly believe that history is a lie agreed upon because history has no fucking answer for shit like this. You know what I'm saying. How do you just not know?
Speaker 4: Well, they were allegedly found quote unquote by found, I mean like by Western scientists in the nineteen thirties. The locals have known about them for thousands of years, right, And that's what you're saying. Their best estimates were twelve hundred to twenty eight hundred BC. Like we're talking coming up on four thousand years old, and they didn't know that until recently. They the last burial that was done was in twelve hundred AD in one of these jars, which made them believe that maybe they were a little earlier constructed than what you know, the people are thinking. The new evidence is pointing to three thousand plus years old, So we're talking about prehistory for this region, which is where it goes more into the line of the legend and lore to it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, look at these things, all of them.
Speaker 4: You got some that are shorter, some of them that are way larger like this. I couldn't stand up and like look into this like that's.
Speaker 3: Why there was a whole like grown up standing right next to the one of those and it was way over him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Look, these are the people, I mean, I mean they're probably right. Yeah, yeah, that's true. We're talking about Laos or Laoshian people, so they are smaller in stature than most like European or Westerns. But even still, these people, as compared to these things that are way in the background. Bro, like you might be able to stay on your tiptoes and peer into that jar.
Speaker 3: Maybe, oh man, I cannot wait to hear some of the theories about this. You ready to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is from Archaeology magazine, and this is going to be the first article that we read talking about.
Speaker 1: Some of the finer points of this situation.
Speaker 3: I'm following Belgian archaeology archaeologist Julie Vanderberg around Laos remote Jeang Xuang province. Did I crush that?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah. We're inspecting giant ancient vessels which are scattered through rice patties, forests, and hilltops at more than sixty sites across what is known as the Plane of Jars. Archaeologists think the jars were mortuary containers, perhaps two thousand years old, but no one knows for sure their precise age, who built them, or why they are swathed in mystery and surrounded by unexploded bombs. Unexploded bombs.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna get into it more off more throughout the articles and the videos and things. But it's not like you can even go and check these out to this day, like you can. There's a few of them where they have cleared the path and it's okay to go there. Operation Barrel Roll, which we're gonna go into more in depth. We dropped more bombs on the plane of jars, then we dropped on the entirety of Europe, in the entirety of World War II.
Speaker 3: O okay, well, Jiang Kwang Province is one of the most heavily bombed places on Earth. Between nineteen sixty four and nineteen seventy three, the United States dumped four billion, four billion pounds of bombs on the country and a secret war against Pathet Lao and North Vietnamese communists. Up to a third of them never exploded, and they litter the land today. While generally s to tread upon buried UXO, unexploded ordinance can detonate when an erratic fuse is inadvertently triggered. The earth around here is dangerous to farmers plowing fields, children staking buffalo out to graze, and to archaeologists. The jars are huge, up to nine feet tall and the largest weighing fourteen tons. Most are carved of sandstone, others of granite conglomerate or calcified coral, some around, others angular, and few have discs that appear to be lids. Tools and human remains found inside and around the jars suggest their use and manufacture spans centuries. The bulk of material dates from five hundred BC to AD eight hundred AD, and additional carbon dates are expected this summer.
Speaker 1: Are quick, real quick.
Speaker 4: So the bulkan materials that they have found inside these jars date to between five hundred BC and eight hundred AD.
Speaker 3: That's just okay, stuff that's inside them.
Speaker 1: That's just the stuff that's inside of them.
Speaker 4: And the most recent studies are showing that they were constructed twenty eight hundred BC, so we are talking about over two thousand years before this earliest remains that we have inside of there being found. No one has a clue where they actually came from.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's that other place over in I can't remember if it's England or Ireland with the bunch of all the little statues, not not Easter Island, but all the little Stonehenge Stonehenge, That's what I was thinking of. I've actually heard several theories that that you know, that goes back super far and that maybe some people as time went on, started to use them for something different as opposed to what they were originally created for. And so I bet you that that's what's going on here. Because if you got something here that these things were, that there was something possibly in these jars, you know, five hundred BC. But even but they were created damn near one thousand years before that, or a little bit more than.
Speaker 1: A thousousand years before that, dude.
Speaker 3: Right, So clearly somebody created it for something and somebody else started using it for something else, Right, isn't that what it says?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying to say that these were meant to be burial sites. I understand the theory behind that, and at least the trail of thought that would lead to that conclusion. Right, you find some skeleton remains inside of some but again, none of the burial practices align with each other. And I understand that, like cultures change over time, perhaps in these centuries, these people buried themselves like this, and in these centuries they buried themselves like this, And like, okay, I could at least understand Outlaud, where you're going with this, big dog. There is no way that that was the actual intended design and function of these vessels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would you go through all that trouble just to I mean, I get it. You know, it's pretty honorable to bury somebody going through all this craziness. I get it, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's not like that's the normal way of burying somebody in the country of Laos. This is in one select region that has these jars. Like the country has been around for forever, Burma has been around for forever, Vietnam, all these places, they're neighboring to each other, like they share a lot of cultural similarities. Nobody buries their dead like this enshrined in a giant jar shaped tomb. That's not something that the people have done in this area. Even like if we're gonna go ancient times here, two tribes over, they were just burying them as you would bury anybody, or burning them as you would burn anybody in the You might have charred remains in a jar of some type, but like an urn, not a fourteen ton nine foot tall stone carved jar. This is very, very This is something that has not no precedence anywhere else in this region.
Speaker 3: That's a little extra. Yeah, so it says archaeologists are certain the Plane of Jars is one of Southeast Asia's most important archaeola sites, but it is one with more questions than answers. French archaeologist Madeline Kolani pioneered research and Jang Shuang in the nineteen thirties. She found jars with cremated human remains and a nearby cave with burned bones and ash. Kilani speculated the cave was a crematorium, the jars were mortuary vessels, and the fields were ancient cemeteries. Today, more than two thousand jars have been identified across the province. Two thousand of those things.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and all of them. And like you said, some of it's out of coral like from the ocean, some of it's from sandstone, some of it's from granite. And none of them were carved in place. They were all carved from other areas and brought here. That it's mind blowing to see and to think of why these things happen.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know some people they maybe you have a little bit of faith and respect in regards to history up to a certain point. I feel like once you start reaching to twenty five hundred, three thousand years ago, four thousand years ago, it starts to get so damn murky. It's hard to follow.
Speaker 4: This is and see, this is this is the part of history that I love. I do love all of it, don't even me wrong.
Speaker 1: I love the.
Speaker 4: Written down, the archaeological history that backs the written history and all these things.
Speaker 1: I do love that.
Speaker 4: But this is where it goes into the legends and the myths and the lore that's surrounding certain things, because that's pretty much all we have to go on, especially when it's something like this in this area of the world, three thousand year old carved vessels that no one even the local legends and Lord just say, oh yeah, giants carve those that they could drink to celebrate a victory. It's like, wait, I'm sorry, come back with that, Like you have no other story that backs this claim.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get to it all.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're talking about different humans, dude. You know what I'm saying. I'm not necessarily saying it Lantian or anything like that, but I'm saying, like, these these people were very different than the people of today, right, And so I get that, Like maybe even now you'd look back and be like, all right, well, if we were those people with the technology and the understanding of you know, how rocks work, and you know, you want to get weird with the lay lines and what grid and maybe there's something along there, right, But I just don't know if you can even try to get into the mind of somebody four thousand years ago, Like it's probably literally night and day.
Speaker 4: And again if it was sandstone, if all of them were sandstone, it's very interesting, it's very cool.
Speaker 1: Why did they do it, how they do it? Who did it? Who knows?
Speaker 4: Right, But at least you could understand, bro, some of these are granite and coral. You're not chipping away at these things with bronze. I'm sorry. It requires iron and we didn't have iron three thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: Well, it says these archaeological treasures sits on one of the world's poorest regions. That's why Vanderberg, a UNESCO consultant from the Hong Kong based Archaeological Assessments, is here. She hopes to turn the Plane of Jars into a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The UNESCO lab I'm sorry. The UNESCO LAO project to safeguard the Plane of Jars aims not only to protect the vessels, but to rehabilitate, rehabilitate this remote province by clearing bombs, restoring agricultural lands and promoting tourism. A specialist in geoarchaeology with a decade of experience in Asia, Vanderberg has worked in Laos on six week stints for four years now in conjunction with the Lao government and a geographer from Bangkok. The project I just had to put a little oh on that one.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: The project includes training Laosians to recover, record, and store archaeological material, create a precise map of the jar fields, and identify key areas for preservation and tourism development. The project also enlists local villagers to help with these tasks and involves the British based Minds Advisory Group or MAG, a non governmental organization hired to remove explosives from the most popular Jar sites. Some dubbed the Plane of Jars the world's most dangerous archaeological site, and Vanderberg readily agrees. While archaeologists occasionally encounter UXO in war torn countries and military testing grounds around the world, perhaps no archaeological site is as contaminated as the Plane of Jars. Two archaeologists conducted limited excavations in the nineteen nineties without incident, but that's just luck. Vanderberg says, I've come home from surveying and thought, I'm happy to be getting into the car and coming home.
Speaker 4: So this picture you see right here, this is in basically the welcoming tourist attraction. This is just a handful of the two hundred and sixty two million bombs that were dropped in the plane of jars field.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, that's uh, that's quite a bit sure there. So insane, man, it says. The writer of this article says, my husband Jerry, and I first visited sheng Chuang in nineteen ninety eight. Back then, the capital fon Savan was a wild West sort of town with a main street of mud on again off again water and equally unreliable electricity. You could count on three fingers the tourists arriving each day on three fingers.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 3: We stayed at a dimly lit guesthouse with a lobby full of bomb casings, mortarshells, grenades, and guns. Back then, we knew uxo still polluted the ground, but we didn't know the jar sites still remained riddled with bombs, or that UXO continued to kill villagers every week in jeng Chuang, And we didn't know our guest house displayed four live bombs, no worries, MAG removed them. When we arrive in fon Savan, this time, it's still a dusty cowtown, but the knights are ablaze with flure essence. Cheap restaurants and guesthouses line the streets, and tourists from all over the world fill them. Vanderberg drives us half an hour outside of town over a bone rattling road to a wooden house where MAG bases its operations. There we meet Stuart Broome, a jovial ex military man from Australia who heads the clearance team. The staff, about two dozen strong, are celebrating. Beer is flowing, music is thumping. A week ahead of schedule. They've just finished clearing jar sites one, two, and three, the most popular tourist stops, each within a forty five minute drive of Fonsevin. Visitors can now can safely explore those sites, provided they stick within Mag's red and white concrete markers. Tourists come unaware of how dangerous jiang Zhuan is. Vanderberg says the jars have attracted travelers as long as Laos has, but many recent visitors never knew that they were crossing contaminated land. That's sketchy. Some local guides mistakenly told their guests all was their guests, all was safe and clear, long before it was here. The ordinance problem isn't visible as as it is in neighboring Cambodia, where land mines have left thousands of amputees. If UFO or if UXO blows, it'll just kill you. Brim says, no limbs lost, no person left, nothing to illustrate the danger. Sket gee, dude, you want to turn that into a tourist town.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, and that was the problem in the jungle warfare, in the gorilla fighting that took place. It was seen as, I don't want to say, a necessary evil, but for lack of better words, yeah, a necessary evil. It wasn't like when we think of dropping ordinance from a plane, usually people will think of something akin to World War Two. Right, You have these big bombers that would open those bay doors, and you just have a string of bombs that follow after it.
Speaker 1: Boom boom, boom boo boom, And that was just it.
Speaker 4: These dudes were dropping mines and cluster bombs that won't explode until you step on them, right, So they did all of this, and like they said, it did in Cambodia as well, but most of Cambodia. You well, maybe it depends on if you look into this region or not. It's a lot more documented in Cambodia because still to this day, people will a farmer will be, you know, plowing his new fields and he'll hit a bomb and he'll blow up, and like he'll lose a limb or something like that. America stopped using these pretty much after the Vietnam War because that was seen as inhumane, which I personally agree with. But then to drop them in an area like this and then not pick them up afterwards. If you're gonna use these things for warfare, I get it. I'm with you one hundred percent. But it's also on you to clean up your mess after the fact so that life can continue and resume as scheduled after the war is over. We pretty much say, nah, Son, we weren't even in Cambodi or a Laos, which you're talking about. We went back and cleaned up a lot of Vietnam. We didn't do shit for Laos because that was a part of the secret war. We didn't do shit in Cambodia for the same reason. So a lot of these locals were just left to figure it the fuck out.
Speaker 3: Oh it makes sense. So it says there is no reliable tally of UXO victims, but experts here of at least one a week. They admit that's probably low. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like real shit.
Speaker 3: Dude, Like you're dying, they said. They like, you're not getting limbs blown off, You're just done. And there's like, there's never gonna be a record of you ever again.
Speaker 4: Somewhere I've seen Essaman saying somewhere between one to five a week pretty much, and it's been that way for the past few decades.
Speaker 3: Oh man, So they admit that's probably low. Broom tells us of tells us of eleven accidents the week before we meet that we know of. Uh, there were four two weeks before that that we know of in quotes, but later we learn of eight more for a total of twelve that we know of. Is an often used qualifier here. Mag's clearance records are staggering. Since work started in July of two thousand and four, the team has successfully removed and destroyed one hundred and twenty seven pieces of UXO. Cleared six acres. Visually searched fifty five acres and found thirty eight and fourteen pieces of scrap metal. And that's just Site one. Finding explosives using a variety of metal detectors covering fifteen inch to seven foot swaths is a scrupulous task. Workers move back and forth up and down a grid of red rope lanes, detectors in hand. Each signal was marked with a red chip, and each chip is investigated by a technician with a shovel. They always dig down and toward the source, starting half a foot back. We don't dig on top, Broom explains, because that could cause uxos to blow up. UXO is a UXO that is safe to move. Is stored until each Friday, when Mag detonates the entire higher the entire week's cash. It's really similar archaeology and bomb disposal, they explain. When mag clears a sight, all the scrap metal is plopped into a bucket. Broom Is is first to peek at the findings, and Vanderberg's quick to follow. Both are curious about the bucket because its contents can tell a story about the site, either through bomb fragments or metal artifacts, brom or broom rather and I examined the bucket one morning. A projectile fragment, cartridge cases, barred wire cans. I pick up a piece. It's a cartridge case from a recoils rifle.
Speaker 1: You said that recoil Liss rifle. Yeah, basically it's an anti tank.
Speaker 4: It's a recoilss rifle.
Speaker 1: It's a cannon. It's a fucking cannon.
Speaker 4: I know dudes that were shooting in the carl goostaf Recoilist rifle. For the record, you're only allowed quote unquote to shoot like five of those a day, like five rounds because of the concussive force in the sound.
Speaker 1: And shit. Yeah, they're bad piece of equipment. As for show.
Speaker 3: So they found one, he says, uh, he ogles an aluminum bit. I think it's part of a rocket motor's. It was all found in the in the parking lot at Site three. One bright Saturday, Vanderberg leads us through side one, pointing to hundreds of jars scattered over parched grasslands and rolling hills just outside of a town. A few cow's grays through the area. Western tourists trundle downhill ignoring the MAG markers. Lausen kids scramble uphill doing the same. It will take time for people to learn. I think that would be a pretty good lesson.
Speaker 4: You would think so, but there's always people that are like, ah, fuck it, I'll be fine. I've I've been here a thousand times, I've never found one yet, and then kaboom, it'd.
Speaker 1: Be like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're lucky until you're not, you know exactly. So we walk from jar to jar, each in small clusters. Vanderburgh only has permission to survey on site. All our excavations are connected to the MAG excavation, she explains. We don't have permission to excavate for research. She suspects the ground below our feet is rife with archaeological information, perhaps tools, burial urns, bones, or charcoal that could more precisely pin a date or offer conclusions on the historical background of the site. But Vanderbergh is here solely to help prepare the sites for nomination for World Heritage status. Taking inventory, mapping jars, and creating database. Working with MAG provided a bonus the chance to see below the surface, so while they dig, we collect the information. She says. In fact, the jars have not been studied much archaeologically. Laos is almost terra incognita, writes THONKSA, fuck that last name, Yeah, I try that savant COMMANDI the countries. That was pretty close. The country's only certified archaeologists and one of few to have excavated the jars. He, like Vanderberg, relies heavily on Kolani, who documented her findings in two massive volumes titled The Megalith of Upper Laos. Seventy years later, there remained the primary source on the jars. The plane of Jars seems to coincide with the Karat Plateau in Thailand and the North Kartshar Kotcher Hills of India, where jar burials have also been found. These were transformative times some two thousand years ago, of agricultural advancement, metal manufacturing, religious expansion, widening Asian trade routes, and the societal precursors to urbanization. Kalani speculated the plane of jars lay at an important intersection of trade routes that stretch perhaps from India to Vietnam. She found beads and bronze and iron tools the cave she discovered on site one has blackened walls and two chimney openings that signaled to her that bodies have been cremated here before placement inside the jars. Japanese archaeologists I. Jai E. G. Nita excavated some of the jars in nineteen ninety four and Thongs have followed a couple of years later. Both found burial pits containing human bones among the j and both concluded the sites were used for secondary burials. Vanderberg wonders about the archaeological discoveries over time. Kolani found burned bones, Tonsa and Nita found unburned. Did they stem from different periods where they half hearted cremations. It seems the deceased were either buried or put in a stone jar for defleshing. Then the bones were either cremated or placed directly into an urned and buried. But questions nag Her Nita found an urn with human bones and teeth beneath a jar at Site one. It looked like it looked to him like tenth century pottery from the Kemer Empire, and he concluded that the stone jar directly above this urn could be no older than that. If so, that would make the jar a thousand years younger than previously thought. VanderBurg doesn't dispute this date, but thinks the jar sites were occupied and used over many centuries. Nito, who returned to Japan, has sent his reports to Vanderberg, but she has not been able to reach him since. She has spoken with Doanxa several times, but he now studies in Australia and their work at the jars has yet to coincide. He declined to be interviewed for this article. Furthermore, many of Kolone's artifacts have disappeared from Laus over the years, so Vanderberg plugs along with what she has.
Speaker 1: She artifacts have disappeared over the years.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's probably pretty common, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Maybe you would think, if this is going to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that they would want to keep all the artifacts very close to where they were discovered. I don't know that for a fact, but that makes sense to me, especially if this is supposed to be a burial site.
Speaker 1: Allegedly that would be desecration of graves.
Speaker 3: But well, again, the same can be said for Egypt with the Pyramids. There's a lot of shit that's just like literally scattered all over the place, Like people go down there and visit and they're like, it's so sad that this place is just not being kept up. Like you'll find like certain bricks that maybe were some they were part of something important, but here they are just scattered at alongside the road. Or you know, whatever happened to the gold tops of the pyramids and you know that kind of shit to where maybe it was desecrated, maybe it was used for other purposes, or maybe people just want to steal things to sell it online or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe or maybe the artifacts had been taken on purpose, because it's more of a cover up type of situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's probably the most I think there's multiple things happening at the same time here.
Speaker 3: I think that's probably the most likely. She questions villagers, hoping that they'll know something about the jars, but they always return to the same legend of the ancient king named kun Chung. I think I.
Speaker 4: Don't know how to pronounce it either, but yeah, that's that's the gap.
Speaker 3: An epic battle against an evil enemy and a grand victory celebrated with copious quantities of alcohol. Some fifteen hundred years ago, the jars they say, stored tons of loo lao, a hammering rice whiskey still enjoyed today.
Speaker 4: Lou lao, Yeah, loo lao, which is it's like there, it's their drink of choice, right, So like, okay, dope, I get it, But dude, to say you got two thousand jars that are massive, like the amount of gallons per per capita of one of these jars, of how much whiskey they could hold, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, how shitfaced were you trying to get? Bro?
Speaker 1: Bro what?
Speaker 3: I mean it.
Speaker 4: Hundred years ago, even though the jars date back over three thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: But it did say that there could have been some kind this could have been like some kind of place that people would meet up for trade routes. So maybe it was if it was the alcohol thing, not suggesting that it was, but if it was, it would suggest that maybe they were trading their whatever they were cooking up in these jars to other countries.
Speaker 4: I could see that, Like if this was a storage vessel of some type for some sort of good that you are trading, I get this as well.
Speaker 1: But then the way they also brought up.
Speaker 4: The Indian jars and the Vietnam thing, they're showing that this is like this crazy cross section of trade routes. Yes, but not necessarily Like when we think of trade routes, you also think of like the East India Trading Company, right, and you think of the Opium Wars. There was a direct connection between Chinese grown opium and then Laos and and Burma and all these places that were growing the good shit and it would go into India through the northeast and then it would make its way to Europe that way. It's not like this was a hotbed for that type of trade. I mean, yeah, you might have a passer by that would be a part of that conversation.
Speaker 1: But also that was not three thousand years ago, so.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like Ukraine being the bread basket of bread basket of Europe type of situation.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, for the Opium Wars, there was only one spot on Earth that they knew for sure it grew. It was before they knew how to really cultivate poppy around the world in other places. But yes, to that point, it's not like this was the bread basket of Southeast Asia by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they kind of look like bread baskets, giant bread baskets. You know she it, says. Vandenburgh doesn't discount this theory. Like any good Belgian, she likes her beer. When people die in Belgium, it always involves lots of drinking, she says, So I can understand lots and lots of loudlow on a gravesite, though she doubts the jars where ferm enters. As we continue touring Site one, she points toward a zigzag of a zigzag of war era trenches, to the bottoms of bomb craters where villagers dig for scrap metal, to a cavity in the hillside once used as a tank position. She points to broken jars, a cause of consternation. They've been bombed and looted. Cows rub them, tourists climb them, trees straddle them. Villagers fashion the jars into water troughs or knife sharpeners. Between the war, cattle, people and trees were losing a lot, she says. The weaker the jars get, the quicker they topple. So she has a few plans a bamboo fence.
Speaker 1: Wanting to show this real quick.
Speaker 4: These small Buddhists statues were found inside of a cracked jar at Site three, so we can at least see some very ancient Buddhist remnants in this area.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool if they were able to, Like I mean, I know that I would imagine that people back then were pretty good at like carving stone or carving wood or whatever. But those are those look pretty cool to be a couple thousand years old.
Speaker 1: The people in this area are very good craftsmen.
Speaker 4: I will give the credit where it is due, for sure, but like that's my point as far as like an archaeological.
Speaker 1: Dig site goes. It's this.
Speaker 4: The jars themselves predate Buddhism, but they have Buddhist statues inside of a jar. This is why I'm saying none of the going narrative on these things makes sense.
Speaker 1: Overall.
Speaker 4: You could understand at least a little bit of why somebody they would use this as a burial site, they would use it as a crematorium, they would use it as a water vessel today or like, Okay, I could understand why that would happen, but that does doesn't explain the entire story, and unfortunately none of it does.
Speaker 3: So she does have a few plans for preservation a bamboo fence will enclose some of the jars to deter the cows, but she doesn't want an overly restrictive situation. After all, part of the charm is that people can walk freely among the jars, but the cows must go and some of the trees, and so must some of the trees. People come up here in picnic, she says, it's just not acceptable. We don't want people to We don't want people to stay on site. We just want them to visit. In fact, Vandenburg wants more visitors. About nine thousand traveled to Site one last year from all over the world, but only a third of those reached Site two, and fewer yet three, which lies farther outside town. Vandenburg hopes tourism can spur the local agrarian economy, which affords most people less than a dollar each day. Site one is run by the government, but at the other sites, surrounding villages get half of the seven thousand KIP, which is seventy cent entrance fees. Vandenburg hopes new jars new jar sites well up and soon, though they're not safe, of course, we just want we want more torres. You know, we got to set off those bombs. Yeah, so they haven't been cleared of Uxou. Funding for Mag's role in the project ended with clearance for Sites one, two and three. Van It's almost like a Rick and Morty type situation. How Rick always sends Mortian to test, like and taste something first, or test something first.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, basically guinea pigs basically.
Speaker 4: But that's the problem, right, nobody knows for sure where the bombs are. You can mind sweep and you could do all these things, but I mean, you're still gonna miss.
Speaker 1: Stuff, and it's it's horrible. But that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Sites one, two, and three that is not the entirety of the two thousand jars. This is just them starting the process. And that's only two thousand jars they have found thus far. Who knows if you were to do like some sort of uh what's it called, like a light oar scam or whatever, it's the ground penetrating how many of these jars are actually buried of foot or two beneath the surface. But we can't dig them to or we can't dig the area to find them because we don't want to blow up.
Speaker 1: Who knows how many jars there are in totality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty interesting, so Vandenberg is. Vandenberg's is a shoe string operation, evident as soon as we enter her office. It sits on the second floor of a wooden building, a rustic work room with back half stocked with shelves and metal trunks. Her face brightens as she reveals her treasures, collected from various sites, packed in plastic bags and acid free paper, pottery, shirt shirts, a stone ads, a bugle which is presumably French or Chinese left in war era trench, a small buddha, six metal knives and tools made of flaky white stone. Then she beckons to the back, smiling, saying, our pride and joy There Wrapped gingerly in a spandages and foam packed in wooden crates are two urns found on found in a site one trench during Uxo clearance. They're about two feet tall, brown and coated in resin, and they look like bombs, which is what Vandenburg was told when she took one to the hospital for X rays. They also resemble the ern Nita found with bones. Vandenberg's pots are stuffed with soil too fragile to empty, but the X rays revealed a possible bone fragment inside. Somedays she'll figure out a way to get to get at the contents, but she doesn't have the money right now. UNESCO is paying two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars for the project, but that includes overhead and fundraising costs. Only about half of that amount reaches Vandenburg in the field. So a few years back, project members started going village to village asking do you have jars and if so, they could attract taurists and money. Vandenberg still criss crosses the province, greeting villagers and sitting for hours on wooden floors and homes on stilts. She is accompanied by government officials and the meetings require exhaustive explanations what the jars mean to archaeology. Tourists are interested how tourism might help villagers. The jars are valuable relics, she explains, and UNESCO hopes to protect them as as World heritage, a status afforded to few. Villagers usually don't think much of the jars. They're just rocks in the backyard, but once they get the idea that the jars are really important, they start talking about quote unquote new jars. They had always been there, but no one realized that they mattered. We attended one of those meetings in Nazetong village and hours drive from Fon Savan Shan Mooti, and elder says, the villagers here attribute healing qualities to the jars, and they poured jar water over their heads of the ill children. Many years ago, he says, village monks rolled a jar into the temple for use as a water basin, but many people quickly quickly grew sick, so the monks returned the jars to the original site.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hold on real quick.
Speaker 4: So depending on who you ask, some villagers pour water from the jars on six children to heal them because these jars have healing properties according to them. Then monks bring it into a monastery and they all get sick.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. There's no one set answer for any of this shit.
Speaker 3: Very wild, I mean, and I'm this is the thing about jars is too. It's like, you know, you don't know what the original purpose was. Like imagine, for example, somebody, uh a thousand years from now finds a fucking wigi board, and it would say like, this is a this is a board game to contact spirits on the other side. But they don't know that. Most of the time, evil shit was coming through whenever you called upon it. But they didn't know that. So, hey, we're just gonna play around. Maybe I can talk to my great aunt Kimberly or whatever. Right next thing, you know, you got fucking Beel's above trying to reach his dirty hand and choke you through the board or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's what happens with most people that fuck with Wuigi boards, that like don't know what they're doing. I think they think it's like that and then they realize, oh shit, that's not the case. It's I mean, it's very similar. Who knows what these jars are actually used for. Were these used for some sort of occult rituals. Were they actually carved by a race of giants that have gone like just lost into the sands of history.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 4: So in one sense, the jars have healing properties. On the other sense, they make people get sick. Now to my knowledge, themby died from drinking the water from these jars.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't negate, what the hell just happened?
Speaker 4: But also keep that in mind because a lot of people these days use them as water cisterns in the field right now, So it's like, Okay, did the jars?
Speaker 1: Are they not?
Speaker 4: They don't make people sick if they're left in their correct location. When you bring them away from the plane of jars, is that when they become cursed?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, I actually found just while you were talking a little bit earlier about like some of the possible theories, and some of it does involve certain lay lines and certain like like, uh, there's this one thing called the Southeast Asia dragon lines. Have you ever heard of that I have? That that could be involved here. So we're gonna get through this first. Yeah, So it says we attend one of these meetings and NASO already read that, Uh, they grew sick, and so they returned the jar to the original site. When all stories have been told, we gather for a feast of cabbage soup, boiled chicken, green papaya salad, and a tray of fried enterds in congield duck blo congealed duck blood. Yeah, dude, like blood sausage, which we forego, but what comes next? No one can avoid the lao lao, round and round the room. It goes several sherry glasses of fiery water or firewater, offered in an ancient tradition of hospitality and celebration. The meeting is a prelude to a long height, a long hike to a survey site near Hamong Village called ban Faco fu Keo fuck Koh. There we go. I like that word. Fuck Kio. A place with many jars but little in the way of tourism development. It's a half hour trudge downhill until the trail crosses a rickety bamboo bridge and makes a sharp upward turn. We see miles of blue green mountains and a hot haze. I'm not tired, Vanderberg pants. After another ninety minutes hiking through the sweltering jungle, I'm just dead. Ban Fakio is a collection of wooden homes, most with earthen floors, thatched roofs, and cluster bomb casings for planters and feed troughs. The one room schoolhouse has a bell made from bomb scrap, and the walls are decked with postering, with posters showing kids proper behavior around UXO. Don't shake your buffalo to the ground, tie it to a tree instead. Never touch you XO. Tell an adult if you'd see something suspicious. Farther upheal. About another half an hour away, there are nearly four hundred jars toppled in the forest, covered in mosaics of green and white lichens.
Speaker 1: Lichens, lichens. I think, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The team quickly gets to business, stretching a tape measure from jar to jar, numbering, measuring, and photographing details. We spend two days among these ancient vessels, and the team works diligently amid scrub brush and trees, avoiding thoughts of UXO. Nothing here has been cleared. It's amazing, these jars sitting in the woods on a windy hill. I catch Vandenberg in a moment of reflection, and she offers a pensive sigh. They're beautiful, aren't they? It is really the only imaginal comment. The beauty of these magnificent jars is indisputiful, indisputable. Their value of archaeology is certain. These things are known, but for now little else about the jar is okay.
Speaker 4: So that was from this is from two thousand and five that that article was published, and this video as a matter of fact, we are going to play right here. So this is from Archaeology TV, and if I'm not mistaken, this is the YouTube channel associated with the article that we just read. And it's just gonna give another kind of overview. It might reiterate some of the points we already made, and some of the articles are gonna bring up some of those same points as well, but we're gonna go a little bit deeper into why they're so so much unexploded ordinance, some of the legends and the lore surrounding these jars, possible uses, and where they may have actually came from. But it all ties together to why would the government? Why would the US government bomb this area so heavily? Was it, in fact, because they were trying to, you know, get to the huci Min trail and blow up the guys that were trying to attack us? I see the string of events, it's possible, or were they trying to erase some of the ancient past that would have spit in the face of what we know to be history. I don't know there's enough to stand a reason on either side of this conversation but without further ado.
Speaker 1: Here's the video from Archaeology TV.
Speaker 6: So the project's title is Unraveling the Mysteries of the Plane of the Jars and it's funded by the Australian Research Council. This project is a joint project, a cooperative project between the LAO Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, the Australian National University and Monash University. So we've had basically a really successful season identifying a whole range of different kinds of mortuary practices and mortuary practices that haven't been identified previously here. So it's been very very robust in terms of the data that we've gathered. Today we're at Site one, which is one of the larger sites with over three hundred very large stone jars.
Speaker 4: All right, so you see this is Site one, as there's all about Sites one, two and three and all of these there's more sites. Site one has three hundred jars, but there is as of this moment two thousand known.
Speaker 3: I wonder, who knows why is it so cleared in that area? They clear that out themselves or is it naturally like that way?
Speaker 4: So they cleared it out themselves to be able to get in and get out and do the archaeological dig site and all these things. But understand everything in this brush has not been cleared for mines.
Speaker 1: Oh all of this.
Speaker 4: There's bombs everywhere, some of them right on the surface, some of them an inch below the dirt that you.
Speaker 1: Won't know about until you step on them.
Speaker 4: All this cleared area has been mind swept and is like considered safe. They've done all the testing and they know they could walk freely in this area and along the same thing. This trail over here. Either side of this trail has not been cleared. You have to stay on the walkway or else you're in danger of losing a leg, if not your life.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, you know what.
Speaker 3: Like from this view, it almost looks like little crawfish mountains.
Speaker 4: You would think, so, yeah, yeah, yeah, it does look like that, and then you see the people standing right next to it, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Whoa, yeah, all right, let's keep on. So these things are quite impressive.
Speaker 6: Some are, you know, two meters tall and you can't get your arms around them. We found what looks like now a primary burial with a very large limestone slab with a hole in it, and the skull positioned basically looking out of the hall. Whether that was the original positioning, you know, you've got various kinds of turbation, so it's possible that it wasn't originally like that, but that's how we found it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also keep in mind, this is a burial site next to the jars. They're not inside one of these jars doing this digging right now. So that's what I'm saying. If this was all burial, then you would see tons of remains. You would see at least tons of DNA or something to show that these were all some sort of a tomb structure, to say that this place was important right to the people of this region, and that's why they use the surrounding area as a burial site.
Speaker 1: I completely understand that.
Speaker 4: But this dude was buried in a specific way with that hole cut through a rock that he was looking through in his burial position. But he wasn't inside of a jar. So you see what I'm saying. None of it actually lines up and makes sense out loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's uh. All of this is just so fucking confusing, it is it is, let's keep going hello.
Speaker 6: In Unit two, we selected that because there was another interesting disc shape object on the ground, and it was a disc that had a knob on it, and actually had knobs on both sides. So we excavated there and lo and behold we found a number of jar burials and also another burial that was apparently not marked except for in the pit they placed a limestone block on top of the human bones. So the jars also their clay jars also contain human remains. There yet to be excavated out of the jars, but that will be in the future. Madeline Klani of the coll Francist Extremoial worked here in the thirties and did excavate around many of the jars. Kolani's idea was more that this was the jars were not necessarily used for interment. Julie Vandenberg also is of the opinion that they perhaps were used to rot the flesh from the bones, and then the bones were extracted and secondary burial was used around the jars.
Speaker 1: Okay, another fine point to make.
Speaker 4: There is a working theory by the lady in question here, the one we just read about in that whole article. She believes that the jars were used to deflesh the bodies the corpses, if you will, and then the bones were extracted later for a secondary burial. And okay, there are certain cultures around the world that will bury bones but not the meat associated. And I understand where that thought's from, except that no culture in this area of the world did anything of that type of a practice. That there's no record of that being a real possible candidate to what these jars were used for. She is speculating, and at this point, really there's nothing there. No theory is too crazy because there is no rhyme or reason to any of this shit. But that being said, bro, no one in this region has done that. And if they did, why wouldn't they use the insects that are all over the jungle to eat away at the flesh. You've seen how they'll take like a bull's head and they'll put it in like an ant pile or something like that, and they'll slowly right and they'll.
Speaker 1: Do it like that. Then they'll bleach the skull and they'll do stuff with it. They would have done that.
Speaker 4: Why would you enclose it in a stone jar and then put a lid on top of it where no insects can get to it? Nothing can decompose from it. It's just gonna sit there and slowly wrought off. Yeah, I would hate to be the guy that lifts the lid on in that thing to take the bones out of it six months to a year after the fact.
Speaker 3: I mean what, Yeah, it's pretty strange too, Like I feel like because they talk about what is it like certain jars and pots that you can go back and you can find or God and stuff like that from two thousand years ago in some areas of the world, right, and you'd be able to tell if these people were triven on psychedelics or whatever the fuck? Right is there no remains of anything inside the jar outside of just like the physical like bones and teeth and stuff like that I'm talking about, like lined up against the walls. There's nothing there.
Speaker 4: So there are a few of them that have like charring to show that maybe there was a fire inside of them and maybe somebody used it as a burn pit for cremations, which okay, that's fine, but that's my point. There is only a few, and by a few, I mean like under ten jars that have any kind of charring at all associate with them out two thousand, So like that's not what these jars were originally intended for. People may have used it as that at some point, but that wasn't the point.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: None of it like out loud, this theory, Oh that totally makes sense. This theory, Oh no, No, that one makes sense when you look at all of them next to each other and you also align that with what they have found. Archaeologically speaking, none of it actually checks out. It's basically like a hodgepodge of burial practices and they're like, oh, well, this was used as vessels to hold goods for trade routes, then why are their bodies inside what? That goes against the whole cremation conversation and against the funeral conversation. It None of it absolutely makes sense. But that's the point. Nothing about this place is like, oh so easily woven into a.
Speaker 1: Great tapestry of anything. We don't know. Bro.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's just like, you know, because you can only really go on speculation, and you can say, well, maybe it's this, or maybe it makes the most sense that it's or whatever. But I feel like a lot of this extremely historical shit that goes back thousands of years is almost just poetic because it keeps us like wondering about the people before, you know, like, well, were they capable of? What were they into? What I mean was it were these spiritual relics where they where they work relics? Were they you know, burial relics or whatever. And there's nobody to really know for sure exactly what they're all used for. And it keeps us kind of on our toes in a sense of like, all right, well, maybe the people way back then weren't just dumb. Maybe they weren't you know, extremely technologically, you know, electronically advanced as we are today, because that's what we associate advancement with is with technology, right, and usually that's with wires and the you know, motherboards and whatever else, touch screens or whatever. But I mean back then, they I dude, I really believe that they had their own type of advancement back then, and maybe that's what these things were used for. There's no way of knowing.
Speaker 4: Well, so like iron, for instance, to say that you find evidence of metallurgy of iron working dating back to three thousand BC, that was essentially space age technology to the people of three thousand BC. Iron, dude, the best they could hope for was bronze at best, which is a combination of copper and tin.
Speaker 1: Right, So that was crazy in of itself.
Speaker 4: So to find certain types of metallurgy, like I said, the granite that was carved out, which would show signs of iron, they didn't have that at the time when these were being carved, So like, what the hell did they use? But even to your point, there's other instances, like in Egypt, for instance, where they kept a really good written history and they kept it etched.
Speaker 1: On the walls.
Speaker 4: And so when they say this happened, this happened, this happened, and then we do archaeological digs and find this happened, this happened, this happened, It all lines up and it just it goes together perfectly and neatly. There is no written record on anything associated with these jars. Now granted, I'm sure somebody somewhere wrote down some things, but you're in the jungle, right, Water and erosion will.
Speaker 1: Make all of these things fall apart.
Speaker 4: The Egypt is it's an isolate because it's a desert and because the dry, arid environment makes for the preservation of artifacts.
Speaker 1: Right like that, it's perfect for that purpose. The jungle is not.
Speaker 4: The jungle is the most inhospitable place to preserve things. Maybe that's what these jars are for. Maybe it was for preservation of certain things, but something went awry, because nothing that we can find, aside from some burial remains, makes any sense.
Speaker 3: And like, so that's how I look at this. I'm like, you know, I'm less concerned with how they were created, and I'm more excited about what were they used for, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's what I want to know, because I mean, we don't know. Like, for example, if you took somebody from three thousand years ago and you placed them in today, and you just gave them a cell phone and just put them in a padded room or whatever, put them in a cave, they would just at it. Maybe they'd touch it and it would light up or something like that. Maybe it would start vibrating and probably freak them the fuck out, and they would say, what kind of sorcery is going on here? And I think equally, if you put us back in this time with this kind of pottery, we wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it. But those people back then, they probably maybe they used it with astrology, or they used it for like some kind of frequency, healing water, or you know what I'm saying. It could be anything.
Speaker 4: And that's the other part, right, So to the knowledge that we have right now, these aren't like glorified sound bowls, Like they don't make a noise whenever you strike them or anything like that. And the way that they are placed doesn't line up with any kind of astrology. It wasn't like placing certain specific spots for the stars.
Speaker 1: They seem to be fucking strewn about now.
Speaker 3: But I almost had her. But in accordance with what were you saying, though, I almost wonder that if you strike one, would you get some kind of resonant that would ring with the other pots and some kind of almost like a tuning fork. Maybe they all match up, and you know, whenever you strike all of them at the same time, they create some kind of frequency. I don't know, I'm just trying to get you know, a little wild here, But.
Speaker 4: I thought of that exact same thing whenever I first found these. I'm thinking, like, all right, Southeast Asia, giant stone vessels, What are the chances that these were sound bowls or something? Akin to that. I wish I would have pulled up the article to sew it. But basically, when you hit this thing, it sounds like you're just hitting rock. Like there's no ding, there's no sound wave energy, there's nothing that's coming off of this. It's their car from coral from quartz from or not quarts, I'm sorry, coral, granite and sandstone, right, so like there's there's no real resonant frequency that comes off of them.
Speaker 1: I thought the exact same thing, dude, I don't know. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: No idea or theory is too crazy about these because no one has a fucking clue.
Speaker 3: And they're not lined up in some weird astrologic like type of way like the pyramids are.
Speaker 1: No, dude, they literally seem like they were thrown.
Speaker 4: Kind of the theory about the whole giants, it seems like these giants were using these like drinking cups and just kind of threw them around at the end of the party and walked away. That makes the most sense as far as how random it is basically, and it's not even like if you look at the sites one, two, and three, and how do they align with this other site they found in the forest and all this when you triangulate, it makes this pat no, it is.
Speaker 1: It is as random as you could fucking think.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe as more research is done on these things, maybe some new information will come out that will make a lot more sense to us. But as of this moment, again, Western scientists and quote unquote experts only found these things in the nineteen thirties. They only really started digging into them in the nineteen nineties, so we don't know there's so much Again, there might be a thousand more six inches below the.
Speaker 1: Surface, we don't know well.
Speaker 3: And the thing even about the giants though, which makes even that story. I mean, I know that it's just a postulating theory, but like even the giants, like dude, giants weren't fucking one hundred feet tall, you know what I'm saying, at least not according to some records, like most of them have them at you know, ten twelve maybe getting a little crazy at thirteen feet tall. And I don't know how many pounds, but you think about the size of these fucking things. They said that they weigh up to fourteen tons.
Speaker 4: That's twenty eight thousand pounds, though there's no twelve foot tall human that's going to lift that up?
Speaker 1: No, No, like.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you know, we got a David and Goliath situation. This is too big for Goliath.
Speaker 1: Agreed. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Bro It none of it checks out out loud like a theory being proposed. You could possibly put the piece together in your head to say, oh, sure, maybe that was the case, maybe this maybe, and then when you look at that lined up next to everything else, it's no, that couldn't be because of xyz. What about theory B? Well that can't be because of xyz? What about theory C? Well, no, because xyz. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's wild brinkle. All right, let's get back to the video.
Speaker 6: And of course there's also local legends about these being drinking cups for giants or you know, former Lao kings using them to make the local liquor Lao Cow.
Speaker 4: The bomb Okay, So they're going to get into the bombings that took place in the quote unquote Secret War with Operation Barrel Roll at this time. Some of this is actual footage from the events that took place.
Speaker 1: This is wild bro.
Speaker 6: Bombing of Laos in the nineteen seventies is a massive tragedy. It's hard to even comprehend the scale of the of the destruction that was wrought here. And unfortunately, some of the targets, like this site, Site one, was heavily impacted by bombing. So there's there was cluster bombs and very large of two hundred pound bombs dropped on this site, and of course the there's clear impact here. You can still see the bomb craters in the ground.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: This is around them doing the archaeological site. This is a bomb crater from one of the bombs that were dropped. Okay, so you gotta understand, it's not like it was over in this area. But they left the clay pots alone. And that's the claypots, I'm sorry, the stone jars alone. They were specifically targeting the plane of jars.
Speaker 3: I mean, were people hiding in them?
Speaker 1: Possibly?
Speaker 4: I mean mayighty maybe, But I mean, how many people are you hiding inside of a jar?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: And this is Site one, So there's three hundred jars here, Okay, so three hundred dudes are hiding here.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna bomb the hell out of that alone?
Speaker 3: I mean, but could you possibly, like I don't know, throw down a turret in there or something.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean no, because we weren't supposed to be in Laos, right, That's the thing. We allegedly, quote unquote had no troops in Laos or Cambodia, even though we absolutely did look up anything involving mac VSAG, which was the predecessor for Delta and the SOCOM in general, the special forces community. But my point is, Okay, I could understand it, but like, dude, this wasn't some sort of a crazy strategic target. And even if you had three dudes per jar, they are miles away from Vietnam. It doesn't make sense to bombit that heavily with this one spot when you know there's other areas where you could hit your target. If anything, this would be a fortified position. These dudes are pretty safe from explosion unless one hits on top of them, like the dudes that were If there was dudes inside this jar, this bomb did not kill them, right, Like, they're fine. Yeah, their ears are ringing and they probably have a concussion or puken all over each other, but they lived through the experience.
Speaker 1: If that's the.
Speaker 4: Case, I'm telling you it makes a lot more sense to me that the government was bombing this area specifically for some other reasons.
Speaker 1: But we're going to get to all of it. Let's go.
Speaker 6: And many of the jars have been blown over and smashed in half by the bombing. But fortunately the majority of the jars were not destroyed. But there's massive damage here. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: We did all the gis all right, So we're actually gonna stop this video at this time and let's go into the next article here.
Speaker 4: So this is from laosh Travel. As a matter of fact, this is from the Laosian government themselves. They are trying to show the case this as the tourist attraction itself.
Speaker 1: So let's let's do a little reading here.
Speaker 3: Scattered along the the muang Fun plateau, the Plane of Jars is one of the most important prehistoric sites in Southeast Asia, located near Fonsavan Commune in the province of xeng Chong and Laos. This destination has been a challenge to laos An international archaeologists, with many myths, and its origins are still unknown until now. Until now they think that they know the origins as what they're saying.
Speaker 1: At least more now than they did thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: There are about two thousand jars dating from the Iron Age, which is five hundred BC to five hundred AD and possibly up to as late as eight hundred eighty scattered in many locations of the province due to unexploded bombs, mines and ammunition. Not all sites have been put in operation yet. At present, seven jar sites that are open for tourists include Site one, which is the most visited, Site two and three, Site sixteen near the old capital xing Chuang, Site twenty three near the hot spring in muang Kom, Site twenty five in the largely unvisited Fu Coast district I'm guessing, and Site fifty two near Hamong Village where is only accessible by foot.
Speaker 4: So you see what I'm saying here, Dude, they keep talking about sites one, two and three. They've got more than just Site fifty two. But that's my point. There's so many sites where these things exist, scattered around the country, and they don't even make sense as to why and.
Speaker 1: How they're lined up. But again, we're gonna learn more about it.
Speaker 3: From a distance. The plane of jars is like a chessboard, while the jars are like amazing plump chess pieces. Coming closer, visitors can see the fantastic mixture without any fixed arrangement. Many jars are completely protruded on the ground, while others can be partially sunk on the ground. The shapes are also different, including the not the straight mouth, the square, same as their various sizes up to three meters high and wait up to several tons. On July sixth, twenty nineteen, megalithic jar sites in jang Shuang Plane of Jars officially became a World Heritage Site after twenty years of waiting for approval, which is the third World Cultural Heritage of Laos recognized by UNESCO, after town of Long pro Bang in nineteen ninety five and that Fu and associated ancient settlements within the Campascic cultural landscape in two thousand and one. Touching the rough time green milestones lying quietly on the ground, people vaguely feel the great history worical mysteries behind. Let's discover all the values of the destination through this post.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at this dude as a spot to just go and check out, and no one has any answers for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a wild thing. So far.
Speaker 3: The history of the stone jars has been still put in mystery and their certain purpose has also been unknown, but are believed to be about fifteen hundred to two thousand years old. According to the Laosian legend, it claimed that there were giants who once settled in this area and created jars to store rice wine, which was brought to commemorate the victor of their king kun Cheng against the enemy. Another idea is that these jars were used to store monsoon rainwater, which could be provided for caravan travelers along their journey, as the water was not readily available for or on the easiest footpaths when it occurred seasonal. Following the theory from most archaeologists, they believe them to be earns. In nineteen thirty, French archaeologists Kolani began surveying the area and concluded that the stone jars were related to prehistoric burial rights when she discovered a cave housing human remains such as burned bones and ash. Excavations by Lousian and Japanese archaeologists over the years also helped support this hypothesis when many remains, burial objects, and ceramics were found around the stone jars. Even The materials that make these jars are controversial. Some say that they're made of limestone. Others say that they're made of laterite and marble mixed with some special ancient and now lost materials. At present, all jars are empty, with only with d the only single jar with lib okay.
Speaker 1: I think that means it's a lid like a jar.
Speaker 3: And lid, gotcha. Some other lids have been found between the jars, which were made of stone and wood. Archaeologists have yet to come to a conclusion. However, research is still struggling as the jars are one of the most dangerous archaeological sites in the world and no matter how many theories are put forward, all have contributed to the weaving of a field of legendary jars, attracting visitors from all over the world to come and.
Speaker 4: Discover absolutely so now outstanding values of the Plane of Jars.
Speaker 3: The Plane of Jars is located at a historical crossroads the facilitated movement through the region, enabling trade and cultural exchange. The location is between two major cultural systems of Southeast Asia in Iron Age, including the Red River Gulf of Tonkin system and mun mccong system. So the distribution of the jar site seems associated with overland routes. The various size, ape and quantity of the megalithic jars, which are well crafted, require technological skill to produce. Their wide distribution within jeng Schuan Province is remarkable. The jars and the cereal property that can attest to the quarrying, manufacturing, transportation and use are the most prominent evidence of the Iron Age civilization. The form, design, uh and mostly original materials and locations of the megalithic jars, lids, secondary burials and archaeological deposits, as well as their abundance, antiquity and condition create the authenticity of the serial property.
Speaker 4: So they talk about how to get there by by air and by road and by.
Speaker 1: All these things.
Speaker 4: So let's let's go down here to what's to see in the plane of jars.
Speaker 3: So one of the most uh as one of the most attractions of Fonsavan and jang Jipong province.
Speaker 4: Felt in the English translation one of the most attractions of the province.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the most plane of jars attracts many visitors to come among hundreds of jars at various sites. There are three main sites that are the most investigated and visited in this area. The Plane of Jar Site one, so Jar Site one is the closest to Fontsevan, just about ten minutes of a drive. This is also the biggest, easiest, the biggest and easiest to access and most visited of all the plane of jars. There is a visitor center at the entrance which provides information and history about the plane of jars as well as its importance during the Second Indo China War and community handicraft shop. Jar Site one has a number of unique elements to make it a make it a kind of one stop shop of all interesting parts of the plane of jars, including the biggest jar which is over ten tons of weights ten tons of weights and nearly three meters high, the jar with lid, carved jars, and a large cave which is thought to be an ancient crematorium. At this site you're also reminded of the Grim War in the sixties through trenches, foxholes and bomb craters.
Speaker 4: So this is the lid in question here again, bro, how many Lautian men do you think it would take to lift this thing off? To get in here and place things or to store things and then put it back up here.
Speaker 3: I'd say probably about a dozen.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying, dude, the whole giants conversation. I'm not saying that giants use these as drinking cups. But you see what I'm saying here, that's that's a big claim to say that ten Southeast Asian gentlemen just got down and squat pressed that bitch off of a two meter tall clay jar or stone jar.
Speaker 1: That that's kind of wild.
Speaker 3: I have a I have an idea what they could be.
Speaker 4: On on the jars in totality or this one jars in totality.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hold on, Let's wait for theories to the end.
Speaker 3: All right. So then we get to the plane of Jar Site two. It says further to Fonsavan is Jar Sit two without good path, which is bumpy, unpaved, dusty and properly muddy too. Jar Sit two is split into two by the road, with the difference from each side. For one side there are jars on the top of a small hill with dramatic views of the plains, while jars secluded in a small corpse of trees which bring more intimate and secretive On the other side here are here Many of the jars show the damage from roots by effective time and nature, while others are completely split in two by their forest neighbors. This site is less touristy, so visitors can feel closer to such an incredible historical landmarks and more quote unquote green with more scenic hilltop view of rice paddy fields and the plains below.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we get in two Site three and look how tall this jar is?
Speaker 3: Dude, so big, it says jar. Site three is pretty similar to jar Sit two and also surrounded by a small cluster of trees. From Site two, you can take an easy thirty minute walk to Site three via ban Shin Jengoi village. This walk between sites can make the feel of the most authentic way when you uh when you can see the farming activity and away from the roads and houses. Here the jars are less uniform and more rectangular than those at Site one, and some jars are so tall for visitors to see inside. For safety, visitors should carefully follow the small stone marker's place by Mind's Advisory Group mag which are designed to show walk safe. As this such area has been cleared of unexploded ordinance absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now ban Napia.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the Warspoon village, and that doesn't really play into the whole Jar situation. But like I said, this is a this is a tourist website for LAOS, so it makes sense that they would go that way with it. Now, real quick, let's read a little bit about the whole operation. Here Air and Space Forces Magazine because it used to be Air Force Magazine but now it's Air and Space Forces Magazine. An article written in nineteen ninety nine about the Plane of Jars. Dude, and this will go a little more in detail about the operation.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna read all of it.
Speaker 4: It is a rather long article, and we really don't because it gets into the types of planes that we used and the types of ordnance that we're dropped in all these things.
Speaker 1: We only need to get into all of that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I got a Wikipedia article right here about operation Barrel Role. We're gonna read like the excerpt from that one to kind of get the veel for that. But I thought it was interesting that the United States military that bombed the fuck out of the Plane of Jars wrote an article about it in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I figured to be worth a read.
Speaker 3: The Plane of Jars is a five hundred square mile diamond shape region in northern Laos, covered with rolling hills, high ridges, and grassy flatlands. Its average altitude is about three thousand feet. It derives its name from the hundreds of graystone jars that dot the landscape, five feet high and half again as broad. These containers were created by a people of a megalithic Iron Age culture and probably served as burial earns. Exactly who created them and why their culture disappeared is not known. During the Long Southeast Asian War, all sides found the Plane of Charge to be situated in a highly strategic location. The area was a home to several airfields and contaminated and contained a limited road complex that connected various sectors of Laos to themselves and to the outside world. This crossroads has been a battleground for centuries, but never so but never so intensively as this centuries many overlapping conflicts and into China. The struggle for the Plane of Jars and Laos in the nineteen sixties and seventies was a mysterious and tragic affair, Wrapped in the confusion and obscured by years of falsehoods and half truths. It was a side show to the main war in Vietnam, but it was ennobled by some of the finest and most heroic flying in the history the United States Air Force. These valiant efforts were designed to support US back forces and destroy Communists North Vietnamese units that opposed them. The Many campaigns and the Plane of Jars were fought in parallel with a continuing bombing effort against the Ho Chi Minh Trial Trail. Rather, the latter campaign would prove to be futile for enemy vict for enemy activities in South Vietnam could be sustained on as little as sixty tons of supplies a day, the equivalent the equivalent of about thirty trucks worth of material. So then we get into the secret war. So the Laosian War was a quote unquote secret war by tacit agreement on both sides. It was nominally a civil war, purportedly reflecting the divided interest and political loyalties of members of the Laosian royal family. In fact, the war was fought largely by surrogates of their own aims. The Laosians are proving generally to be peace loving even when, especially when in uniform. The communist force comprised tough, regular North Vietnamese Army units and supplementary and generally not very effective local path at Lao units. They were opposed by the very ineffective Royal Laosian Armed Forces, whose leaders preferred to let the despised Laosian hill people, the Mung chamong do the real fight.
Speaker 1: It's pronounced mung, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, they just said, fuck that a trait there they do that. It's Southeast Asia. They'd be throwing letters in for the fuck of it. The US supplied airpower on a very limited scale, initially in greater and greater amounts as the war progressed. As the Mung casualties rose, the US sponsored fighting forces were increasingly augmented by Thai volunteers in quotes, whose numbers eventually reached seventeen thousand. Highly doubt you're gonna have that many volunteers. I like how they put it in quotes there like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I should also make a mention of this.
Speaker 4: The Mung were some of the most insane fighters period, and they were hated.
Speaker 1: They were like, how could I put this?
Speaker 4: They were known as the hill people, right, And so a lot of MACV saw guys in US Special Forces guys that were operating in this area, and I've even talked to a few former French Foreign Legion guys that were operating in this area too. The Mong were looking for any kind of ally that could just help them defend themselves against the outside invaders, whether it was the communists from the north, the Royal Guards from the south, whatever the case was. They pretty much all unanimously hated the Mung. So when it came time to get some local assets, people who knew the jungle, people who knew the hill country, people that could tell you when something is out of place, the Mong were the people to be like. They were the guys, right, they were the dude that was in the clutch situation. But it depended on situation, right. There was tons of times when the Mung would straight up abandon their post and just lead the US service members to fend for themselves when they basically accidentally walk them into an ambush. And there were other times where they would like fight tooth and nail to the last man to defend what they considered their home turf, their hill or whatever. The case was so yeah, the monk casualties definitely rose because they were kind of thrown into the mix for the fuck of it.
Speaker 3: As the mon casualties rose, the US sponsored fighting forces were increasingly augmented by Thai volunteers, which eventually reached seventeen thousand. As they said, these mostly were mercenaries paid with US funds and led by the Thai Armies regular officers and non commissioned officers. The situation suited the US, which was loath to introduce American ground forces. The Mong were supported by airpower and supplied by the CIA. Shocker there Coincidentally, the Vietnamese were also were content to let the war simmer as long as they could protect traffic along the ever growing Ho Chi Minh trail. Air sorties against the Plane of Jars tied up US military assets that otherwise would be used to bomb the trail. North Vietnam was confident that when South Vietnam fell Laos Woodfall, the worst result of the fourteen year struggle of the Planet of Jars was the destruction of a noble ally, the Monk. They fought in countless battles against North Vietnamese forces and were in the end, left to their fates. Originally numbering about three hundred thousand people living high on mountain ranged ridges and subsisting by means of slash and burn agricultural techniques, the monk suffered some thirty thousand casualties, mostly young fighting men. The Mung families were driven from their homes to CIA supported hilltop encampments where they were fed by in quotes, soft rice drops and armed by in quotes hard rice drops.
Speaker 4: So what that means is essentially so the CIA they're not a war fighting force. They do intelligence work right, and sometimes that means you have to get your allies on the.
Speaker 1: Ground the hook up.
Speaker 4: And so if the people in the Mung, if they needed food, they would be getting boxes lace labeled as soft rice drops, and if they needed more AMMO, they would be getting boxes labeled hard rice drops.
Speaker 3: You with me very well, Okay? So when the end came, those who those who could do so, fled to camps in Thailand. Those who chose to remain in Laos were for years hunted down and killed by Laoshan communists. A few mon relocated to the US. The war was fought through the years on a seasonal basis, with US sponsored forces advancing from April through September in the monsoon season, and the North Vietnamese and its allies responding during the dry season of October through March. Perhaps unique to this Ebb and Flow war was as unusual vertical separation of territory, for the Mung often dominated mountains and ridges, even when the path At Lao or North Vietnamese owned the valleys below. It should be noted that the lowland Laosians discriminated against the hill people. Indeed, indeed, Laos is a landlocked country that shares a border with Cambodia, China, Thailand, Vietnam or Vietnam, and Burma now called Myanmar. It's recorded history starts with the Lao Kingdom of lang janlang Jan, founded in the thirteen hundreds. It has since suffered through six centuries of more or less unbroken warfare, and in nineteen oh seven France established the modern borders of Laos, primarily to serve as a bulwark against the Thai and Chinese expansion into what was then French into China. It was granted independence in nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 1: So that's another big thing too.
Speaker 4: When you hear a lot of people that will compare the war in Afghanistan against the war in Vietnam. There are some similarities that come to fruition. Okay, For one, it was guerrilla fighting. It was dudes that would shoot at you, go behind a wall, change their clothes real quick, and walk out, and you couldn't tell one from the the other, right for one. For two, it was in an environment that we as Americans are very much not used to. We're talking jungles and mountains and flat lowlands and.
Speaker 1: Rice patty and then more jungle.
Speaker 4: Then we had the monsoon season that rains for months and months at a time, and they wouldn't fight in the monsoon season.
Speaker 1: And as soon as.
Speaker 4: Because we would do that, we would fight through the rain because fuck them. Then when we would go back and kind of regroup, it'd be the dry season and that's when they would fight. And it was it was a crazy, crazy situation, saying kind of situation in the Afghanistan. You had the harvest season where there would be almost no fighting that took place, and as soon as all the crops were harvested, mostly poppy for the opium, then all the quote unquote farmers would down their flags and now they're the bad guys again. And it was a crazy thing not to mention they pretty much have been in open conflict since their beginning, since the thirteen hundreds. Essentially, this area has just had warfare, warfare, warfare, same with Afghanistan, and these people have never been defeated on their home turf to this day. Period' That's the way this goes. So there's a lot of things to say that the Vietnam War and the war in Afghanistan kind of had some similarities.
Speaker 1: Dude. All right, now moving on to this next one. Let's see rescue.
Speaker 4: Uh now, we could pretty much be done with this off with this article because I was hoping that, you know, we get a kind of a feel for the situation as to the why the bombings took place in the plane of Jars, which leads us to Operation Barrel Role. All right, now, I'm gonna read this one here. So Operation Barrel Role was a covert interdiction and close air support campaign conducted in the Kingdom of Laos by the US Air Force Second Air Division in the US Navy Task for seventy seven between March fifth, nineteen sixty four and March twenty ninth, nineteen seventy three, So for about nine years they bombed the ever loving shit out of this area. The operation was launched to persuade North Vietnam to stop supporting the insurgency in South Vietnam. It became an interdiction campaign against the ho Chi Mintrail, North Vietnam's main logistical corridor, which ran from southwestern North Vietnam through southeastern Laos and into South Vietnam. The operation also increasingly provided close air support for Royal Lao Armed Forces, CIA backed tribal allies and the Tai Volunteer Defense Corps in a.
Speaker 1: Covert group I'm sorry, covert.
Speaker 4: Ground war in northern and northeastern Laos barrel roll and the quote unquote Secret.
Speaker 1: Army, which would be all the groups that we just listed.
Speaker 4: Here, attempted to stem an increasing hide of People's Army of Vietnam and the Pathet Lao offensive. So the background of it a little bit here. After a series of political and military mechanizations conducted by the US and the Palate Pathet Lao, the North Vietnamese in Laos that were described in the History of Laos since nineteen forty five, the Declaration of the Neutrality of Laos was signed in Geneva, Switzerland, on the twenty third of July nineteen sixty two. The agreement, which was an attempt to end a civil war between the communist dominated Pathet Lao neutralists and American backed rightists, included provisions that required the removal of all foreign military forces and precluded the use of Lao territory for interfering in the international affairs of another country. A blatant effort to shut down North Vietnam's growing logistical corridor through southeastern Laos that would become known as the Uchimen Trail. So the entire thing was basically to break this up. You see this right here, red section of this map. So this is North Vietnam. This is the Gulf of Tonkin. You might recognize it from the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Over here is Thailand. This white section is Laos. It's a very small country in Southeast Asia. Operation Barrel Roll pretty much strafed and bombed the absolute fuck out of this entire eastern area of the country. The Plane of Jars happens to be in this region, and specifically it was bombed more than the rest of the area. To be completely honest with you, But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy and it still is.
Speaker 4: They are still dealing with the remnants of this war and the bombs that were dropped to this day. So all this being said, let's hear a couple of theories as to where they came from and how they came from, and a couple of other let's just call it historic precedents for what these jars might have been meant to symboliz or be akin to.
Speaker 1: So real quick, do you.
Speaker 4: Want to give your theory as of this moment? Do you want to hear this video out?
Speaker 1: First? What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: I kind of just had a silly theory I was gonna throw out there just being for it. Basically, Uh, if dinosaurs are in fact not fake and gay, could this have been ancient dinosaur shit? And somehow the people knew how to find some kind of housing. So I would imagine that maybe this was some kind of pterodactyl dropping that just so happened to be huge dong not dong, but uh dung dung rather.
Speaker 1: Terodacts are They're huge pedong.
Speaker 3: Dude, huge p doongs and uh and and and somehow people found ways to make it spiritual. I mean, who's to say because they are scattered, you know what I mean, like all over the place. It's not like, you know, my dog, for example, whenever he takes a ship, he has to walk and ship. He can't just sit in one spot and take a ship. You know what I'm saying. What it looks like, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, that's hilarious my dog. Well, I mean, granted, might I have English Masters. So she shits the size of like she's a shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So yeah, she gets in one spot and you see that hip go like down.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, here we go. And you could hear that bitch drop and hit the earth when she shits.
Speaker 3: It just shakes the fucking terror.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know you can hear it legitimately. If I'm out there and I'm just playing on my phone whatever waiting for her, you hear it's like, yeah, there there she goes. It's all good gone.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was. I don't know, just because there's not really any good explanation for any of this. I did want to after we, you know, go through this video, I do want to kind of go into the whole dragon line possible thing. Yes, because people say that there is some kind of correlation amongst all these like weird wonders of the world, then nobody has any explanation about.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so let's listen in This is from Dark five Ancient Mysteries, and uh, the dude's going through a couple of examples of.
Speaker 1: Passable working theories.
Speaker 4: Now we've already heard the one about it being some sort of a burial site or something like that. I didn't even I didn't even go that route, because that's that's just ridiculous to me.
Speaker 1: Whatever, But yeah, let's listen.
Speaker 2: In the Giants, the locals of Laos tell of a legend passed down by the elders from generation to generation and still believed by many of the Lao people to this day. The legend says that Laos was once home to a race of giants led by their king Quin Chung, who waged a long and hard war against an evil enemy, ultimately emerging victorious. To celebrate and toast his victory, vast quantities of a rice wine known as Laohai would be required. To brew and store the wine, the king of the giants created the huge jars from which they could also drink. One of the greatest mysteries from modern researchers is in the legios of how an early civilization could have managed to transport such immnts and heavy objects from the quarry to the resting place, a journey of up to ten kilometers largely uphill. Some might say this supports the theory that the jars were once hewn by thirsty giants.
Speaker 4: Now that's also an interesting point to make. They were carried uphill to their resting place. Right now, it would make more sense to me if they were quarried from up on top of the mountain and then rolled down to where they are currently. Bro, you're talking about carrying or dragging or rolling or something. These massive fourteen ton twelve ton eight ton jars up mountains. And it's not like these are just clearcut mountains either. It's like jungleist mountains. It is insane to really, like logistically think about how they moved them. First off, how they carved them. Second, how do they move them from point A to point B. Now, I'm not saying and this leads more credence to the giants theory. I understand that's a wild one, But Bro, what the hell.
Speaker 3: I mean, were they created on the spot or were they created I mean I know that they probably at least got some of the material from far away, but were they crafted and molded into these pots on the spot where they where they lay or were they rolled uphill? Like what are they suggesting? Or they don't know.
Speaker 4: So, as of this moment, there has been with all the archaeological archaeological digs that they've done, they don't find fragments of Like let's say you bring up like a cube of this stone that you're like carving out. Whenever you get to your location, you would find chunks of the rock. They're not finding chunks of any of the rocks. So it stands to reason, as of this moment that they were carved at the quarry and then brought to their location, which even if they were to be carved where they're at currently, that's still crazy. You're bringing a fourteen ton jar. Before you carved it was probably a twenty ton cube. How are you moving a twenty ton cube up mountains, jungleist mountains from the quarry to the location.
Speaker 1: That's also wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is kind of strange.
Speaker 4: And there's no evidence that these people were doing horseback activities at that time, either I should make a mention of that. So there's no takeaway all theories of horse drawn wagons and carriages and any of that that is not in the conversation as of this moment.
Speaker 3: Just strong motherfuckers. That's all.
Speaker 1: These cockstrong Southeast Asia.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I guess at Rice got a little extra protein to what we've been thinking. I guess anyway. All right, So now we're gonna get to the Indian jars. And this isn't necessarily connected, but it is a working theory that some are saying might be what these jars were actually used for, based off of historic precedents of another quote unquote similar city situation. I don't think they're similar, but they're worth mentioning.
Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 2: The Indian jars. Approximately five hundred miles from the planet of Jars in India is the Assam Forest. In twenty twenty, a survey of the region found that the forest contained a number of large stone jars similar to those in Laos. Mysteriously, the jars being excavated in a Sam are made from a sandstone not known to be found near the site. Researchers speculate that the jars may have been dragged great distances and note that doing so would require a team of hundreds. With the Indian jars being such a recent discovery, archaeologists have barely scratched the surface in their understanding, and they continue to discover more and more of these sites in Islam. They've also found inside the jars the impressions of the iron tools once used to carve them from boulders. It is unclear just how much the Indian jars have in common with those found on the Plane of Jars, but it has been noted by some researchers that they too contain cremated bone fragments. The secrets of the Assam region and its monolithic stone jars are yet to be revealed, as are the details regarding how they relate to their low counterparts.
Speaker 4: Okay, real quick, dude, these I don't think that they're comparative. These are way smaller than the ones that we have.
Speaker 1: In the Plane of Jars and Laos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're smaller even compared to the trees there exactly.
Speaker 4: And then not to mention, yes, so they're from sandstone not found in this region. They don't have any evidence to say that these are from like the same quarry as Laos or anything like that. But that's what I'm saying. It's another idea that they are saying kind of look similar. I feel like they're trying to compare apples to apples here. I don't think that it's so easy. I don't think that this is an actual apples to apples comparison.
Speaker 3: Dude. All right, So is it possible because uh, Loos is kind of right up against the ocean right there right you know, it's a landlocked country. Oh I thought that, Uh what what is the Indian Ocean on that side?
Speaker 1: Oh, the Gulf of Tonkin. But that's what that. You have to go through Vietnam to get to them.
Speaker 3: So you got Golf of Tonkin, then you got Vietnam, then you got Laos going inland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hmmm.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it possible that maybe there was some kind of flood or crazy storm, or maybe the the water started to recede and this this used to be underwater just getting weird because it did have coral in it, it did have sand sandstone in it. I don't know if that's you know, from the ocean or whatever. But I don't know, just trying to think, like could it, could these be like oceanic remnants of sorts.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistake, in this area is underwater somewhere around one of the ice ages, like it was way longer ago, way longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, never mind, then I'll keep on the own speculating.
Speaker 1: The Secret War.
Speaker 2: Study of the Jars and Laos has been hindered by the terrible remnants of a little known conflict known as the Secret War or the Laosian Civil War. Between nineteen sixty four and nineteen sixty nine, the plane was the subject of extended explosive bombardment by the United States Air Force targeting North Vietnamese and Pucket Lao communist armies in the area. During this period, more than two hundred and sixty two million anti personnel cluster bombs were dropped. The damage to the Jars was substantial. Many now lay broken or overturned in craters created by the explosives, and the consequences of this bombardment still loom over the land and its local population today. Of those two hundred and sixty two million cluster bombs dropped, an estimated eighty million did not explode, and many lay on and around the Plane of jars, posing a fatal threat to anyone who strays off the paths known to be safe. Movement in the area is heavily restricted by the unexploded bombs. Efforts to clear bombs are slow but ongoing. Seven jar sites have now been cleared, but estimates suggest that fewer than ten percent of the jars have been formally investigated. Despite the ongoing efforts to rid the plane of unexploded munitions, dozens of Lausians tragically perish each year. Interest in the Plane of Jars has never waned and it remains one of the most important sites for archaeological research on the planet. Consequently, in twenty nineteen, it was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. With advanced methods such as radiocarbon dating, geochemistry and ground penetrating radar, modern research continues to reveal more about the jars, their purpose, and their creators. This contemporary research finds that human burials took place on the Plane of Jars, with bodies being buried alongside the jars sometime between seven hundred and twelve hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: So you see what I'm saying here like this was what was above ground, and then they dug and found another two feet into this jar. So it's not like there's, you know, something way more underneath this thing. But yeah, some of them have been They're sinking into the ground for sure.
Speaker 3: With dust and rain and dirt, and yeah, I get that exactly.
Speaker 4: But again, dude, look that's just one of them. This jar over here, This jar over here, This looks like a lid of some type. This one's broken up. It's there's no rhyme or reason as to why some of them are larger than others, why some of them are located here and some are located there. It's all over the place, dude. But anyway, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: This suggests that the plane of jars has held ritual significance multiple cultures over an extended period. It has also been found in recent years that while most of the jars are carved from sandstone, others are made from much harder stone, including limestone and granite. One working theory, supported by some evidence, is that the jar has had a practical use. They may have been designed to catch rain water during monsoon season.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick rain water during monsoon season. Big dog.
Speaker 4: That is the water that is inside of one of these jars. I seriously doubt that somebody is going to be drinking.
Speaker 1: Out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks kind of gross.
Speaker 1: I don't see it, especially seeing as how monsoon season is like half the year.
Speaker 4: You have water regardless, it's falling from the sky, regardless if you wanted to or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Anyway, let's keep going for use.
Speaker 2: By travelers passing through later in the year. A more macab explanation is that the jars were part of a unique burial tradition. It was customary in certain cultures for dead bodies to be placed above ground to decompose and dry out, allowing the soul to make its transition to the spiritual world before a final cremation or burial. This theory has been lent weight by another recent study which found eighteen more examples of human burial amongst the jars, sixty percent of which were infants or babies. Undoubtedly, as technology in the field of archaeological study progresses and as the remaining munitions are cleared, more information will continue to present itself.
Speaker 4: Okay, so eighteen burial remains were found out of two thousand jars, eighteen, So that's less than one percent of the jars we can confirm or used in some.
Speaker 1: Sort of a burial practice.
Speaker 4: That's just to me personally, I'm speaking on behalf of Jacob here. If a glass is one percent full, would you call it full?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: So if one percent of the jars were used in burial practices, would you say that these were obviously burial sites?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I don't know. I mean, how long does it take for bone to like disintegrate?
Speaker 4: It depends on the environment, right, So, I mean the mummies in Egypt, there are still bones that are wrapped up and skin that are wrapped up in the mumification garbs in our sarcophagus, and they have been untouched and so we can see those. That's how he did an X ray of King Tut and we know he had a cleft f lip and a club foot and hip displasia and all of these things because of the massive inbreeding that Egypt is so well known for. But you in the jungles, not much, not much at all. I mean, hell I you remember I was telling you about the body farm that the three letter agencies use so in Louisiana Bayu environment. If you take a body and you bury it eighteen inches below the surface, in a matter of two weeks, it's gone, bone, teeth, everything. And again y'all could disagree with that. If you want do your research into the body farm and the findings, look at corner reports. It's because of the level if you combined heat, humidity, the type of insects that live at that depth, the type of rodents that dig down to that deep, or anything else.
Speaker 1: That's all you need to go. Certain places, you.
Speaker 4: Need to go deeper, certain places you can leave it on the surface and they'll decompose on its own.
Speaker 1: It depends on the location inside of.
Speaker 4: A stone jar with a lid, which most of I would say that most of these probably had a lid at one point in time, but they have been lost or destroyed or whatever the case is. I feel like bone wouldn't disintegrate in an enclosed stone jar in that manner. It just the whole thing about these being used for burials makes no sense to me.
Speaker 3: Well, what fascinated me a little bit is the lids, you know, because there seemed to be some kind of geometric or some kind of weird like concentric lines on top of them. From what you showed earlier and just from you know, my short amount of research, just in my interest in this while we've been talking about it. It's there's something called a triscillian line. So it had three concentric lines on it, and then there seemed to be some kind of symbol in the center of it. And so a triscillion is a figure consisting of three curved lines or branches or three stylized human arms or legs radiating from a common center. So I was like, that's pretty interesting. But it's even more interesting because and I know that this isn't Celtic by any means, but we'll get to the Hinduism and Buddhism type stuff. But in Celtic tradition, the triskelion symbolizes life, death and rebirth or past as in future or the three realms, which would be earth, sea, and sky. So I don't know, maybe there was something there. In Hinduism and Buddhism, you have the triple spirals, which I mean they said that they found Buddhists little figurines in there, right, So you have triple spirals or rotating shapes that symbolize motion, energy, and reincarnation. So maybe the reason why you only find a couple of bodies in there, maybe those are the ones that couldn't reincarnate. I don't know, I mean, just getting weird here, throwing shit at the wall sea what sticks.
Speaker 4: But like, but if reincarnation is real, then the bodies remain. The spirit is what reincarnates.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and that's what makes it weird. I mean, but that's where I go, like, could this be kind of a death and rebirth kind of thing, not necessarily a reincarnation, but a death and rebirth kind of ritual of sorts similar to I mean they have them, you know, Like that's what they used to do back in those kind of ritualistic days, where you'd go through the death ceremony to be reborn, so to say, Right, And I don't know, maybe that's maybe that's what it was. I mean, I have no idea. This is fucking mind boggling to me.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, dude. So what's on screen right now?
Speaker 4: Again, for anybody who's just listening, they would like to see this Patreon, that is where you'll go. I'm telling you, you're gonna want to see these things. This is the catalog of all of the artifacts that were found. This is just site one, Okay, so they have each site and it's all categorized and you can see the pictures of it. These circles are called bone circles. Those are carved out of human bone. We have a bunch of pottery shards, you know, little tools, a little smaller vessels that are inside of it.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the next page and see what they got here, more broken shards of things. It looks like I'm not sure if that's a jawbone or if that is some sort of a tool of some type. It's kind of dirty looking, so you know, I don't know. We got little pendants looks like a shark tooth again this I mean they were close enough to the coast where they would go.
Speaker 1: There a lot of beads that were found.
Speaker 4: It's it's pretty incredible the the painstaking amount of research that has been done into this area for us to know nothing about it like that is crazy. We got some arrowheads over here, looks like bronze arrowheads that that looks like a necklace or some sort of a relic of some type. To be worn clay cups and jars more broken. You know, remains of vessels of some type.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I think that's a type of bracelet of some type, some little trinket over here.
Speaker 1: It's it is incredible to me, dude. So but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So to say that some of them were used in burial practices, Okay, I can believe that they have found bodies.
Speaker 1: They have found urns of burial remains.
Speaker 4: These two over here, these are urns where they believe they have bodily remains inside of it.
Speaker 1: And that was found near the jars. But this wasn't found inside the jars.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So with all of that, let's go into some of the theories about the plane of jars. We've covered some of them and some of them we have not. This is from DISCOVERYUK dot com. So Planes of Jars theories. The field of jars in Laws's archaeological marvel has posed numerous questions that remain largely unanswered. While several theories have been proposed, none have been definitively proven. Storage for food or wine. One of the most common theories is that the jars were used for storing food or wine. This theory is grounded in the idea that such large containers would have been ideal for storing surplus grains or for fermenting and storing rice wine. Again, I see where they're going with this, But you would have some sort of of uh, some sort of a sign that that was what these were used for.
Speaker 3: Some also that would state that, yeah, I mean some kind of scraping along the walls or at the bottom, but there isn't that.
Speaker 1: Not to mention the archaeology.
Speaker 4: The archaeologist who's like leading this study heard the theory and is like, you know, this is not a good vessel for fermentation, like that if for fermentation you need an airtight seal.
Speaker 3: It seems very porous, very porous.
Speaker 4: Yes, But also unless these jar lids were so perfectly formed that they could fit with an air tight seal, that is that's not you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make a lot of.
Speaker 3: Sense, right. I imagine if it rained, water was still finding its way in there, even exactly.
Speaker 1: Burial or funeral use.
Speaker 4: Another widely supported theory is that these megalithic stone jars were used for funerary practices. Archaeological evidence including the discovery of human remains and burial goods in and around some of the jars, support this theory. It's believed by some that the jars might have been used to expose the dead temporarily before their final burial, a practice known in archaeology as second burial. And again, okay, I could at least understand the chain of events on that one, but you've only found evidence at eighteen jars that that might be what they were used for out of two thousand confirmed jars. I got a hard time putting those pieces together in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a problem with that one too. I mean, it's cool, you know, that would be cool if that was the case. I mean, maybe this was the Eastern way of you know, of what the Egyptians were doing.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe, But again, there'd be some other remains, and most of these remains weren't found inside the jar. Some of the jars had the charring inside to show that they were trying to use it for like a crematorium. But most of the conversation about cremator remains and stuff come from a cave a little ways away.
Speaker 1: From the jars.
Speaker 4: So it's like, if one then the other doesn't necessarily line up here. Maybe it's possible that they were burning them in the cave and then bringing the burn remains back to the jars for final resting or whatever the case was, but that's not as clear cut as what they're making it out to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then, of course collection of rainwater, which again forests not not really something that would work.
Speaker 4: Some scholars process or sorry, some scholars propose that the jars were used to collect and store rainwater for caravan travelers moving along the ancient and long forgotten trade routes. This theory aligns with the strategic locations of the plans of jar sites, often found on elevated areas or along potential travel routes throughout the region. Again, elevated, dude, they're on top of hills and on top of mountains. This took hundreds, if not thousands of dudes to move from point A to point B. Who had I mean, they have beasts of burden, right, They have like oxen and yacks and not Yacks's more than the mountains of Lake Tibet. But you know what I'm saying, They have like their version of animals that they could use for this purpose. But even still, that is a tall order to say that they did that two thousand times for water collection. So you're telling me that the people that have lived in this area since the beginning of time have found no better way to collect rainwater other than carving stone jars.
Speaker 3: What And if that's the case, you would find like much older remnants of maybe housing utensils or some people like living in that specific area around here. And I know that they can't really get to a lot of that because of all the undetonated bombs and whatnot. But even still, that's not what they're finding, you.
Speaker 1: Know, exactly. It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 4: Then there's another one, trade route markers, building on the idea of caravan travelers. Another theory suggests that the plane of jars was a part of a more extensive trade network, specifically, according to Madeleine Kolani, the trade of salt in the region Salt. This is supported by the discovery of items such as beads and ornaments from different regions, possibly indicating some level of trade and cultural exchange. The jars themselves, under this theory, could have been central to the trade network, perhaps being the Macong River basin and Gulf of Tonkin. I could understand this being a portion of the trade route, for sure. I get this. You're still going uphill to get to these things. It would make way more sense that you would have trade along river banks, not on top of mountains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you think about it, I mean, and I don't know what you know. I mean, I know that there was like spiritual little Buddhist figurines in there, but that even like you said earlier, like the Buddhism wasn't even like it wasn't even around four thousand years ago, right, you know, or thirty five hundred or three thousand years ago or whatever like that only started back in like pretty much around the time that Jesus died, right or around thereabouts.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember. I looked that up once upon a time. When did Buddhism really begin? When did the Buddha like break off from the Vedics? Because he was a if I'm not mistaken, he was a guru in Hinduism or at least some type of the Vedic philosophy, and then he broke off, went more north and more east, and then founded what we would now call Buddhism.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember the year in which that took place.
Speaker 3: So Buddha, also known as Siddhartha Gautama, is believed to have lived around the sixth to fourth century BC. Interesting, but when was Buddhism.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: Buddhism in practice came from his followers, So I mean I'm assuming as he went he taught and he like developed his own following and disciples and all of these things. But so that's my point. So fifth and sixth century BC, it's old. I'm not denying that at all. But also the jars were carved a thousand to two thousand years before he was alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that. I thought that Buddha Buddhism started around like the turn of the century, you know, around you know, year zero or whatever. But yeah, it says Buddhism was founded in late sixth century BC, So that was whenever Buddha was around, or the original Buddha, because I think there was actually several Buddhas, but he's like the first.
Speaker 4: Technically, according to their beliefs, anybody can become a Buddha. Right, it just like a level of enlightenment and all of that. But right, and I knew that it was older than like Jesus, for instance, which is why whenever I hear people say like, oh, Buddha had christ consciousness, it's like, bro, that's that's not even in the same conversations.
Speaker 3: Buddha consciousness is more likely.
Speaker 1: Oh shut up.
Speaker 4: But anyway, my point is that doesn't make sense. Buddhism started centuries, uh a millennia after these jars were carved, so say that they had something in that regard also, that makes no sense. And like the bootest figurines that you see, like, sure they've been used by people since they were carved, but I don't see a direct connection to the trade network. I don't see a direct connection to water cisterns. I don't see a direct connection to burial sites of some type, you know, not really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to look up when dn Buddhism. When was Buddhism h startopular in Laos?
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, you can look into that.
Speaker 4: When did Buddhism make its way more south as far as the Asian continent is concerned.
Speaker 1: I mean, but even.
Speaker 4: Still, it would be well, after these stone jars were carved and put in place.
Speaker 3: Well, what I thought it was like, uh, wasn't it four thousand BC? That whenever they suggest that these things were.
Speaker 4: Created the early assessments as of this moment, some of them three thousand BC, some of them like one thousand BC, so to that point, but.
Speaker 3: It was alive and four fucking thousand.
Speaker 1: BC before five hundred BC.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't five hundred BC.
Speaker 1: That's so what you just said six to fifth century BC, six.
Speaker 3: To fifth century BC. So what sixth century BC is six thousand BC?
Speaker 1: Right? A century is one hundred years? My boy?
Speaker 3: Oh, I am tripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when you say six thousand years, it's like you mean six.
Speaker 3: Oh, I am all the way fucked right now, you're right, you're right, yeah. But even still, Buddhism became popular in Laos starting from the seventh to eighth centuries AD, so after, way after, So that would be that would just point to the people of that time, not necessarily the people that created them exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's my point.
Speaker 4: These stone jars were carved and moved at the same time, or at least around the same When I say at the same time, I don't mean the exact year thereof, but I mean around the same time frame, the same thousand year stint where the pyramids that Egypt were being.
Speaker 3: Built right right, which is making so strange about like these are all I mean, yeah, probably a couple hundred years away from each other, but right around the same time zone that people are speculating that these things were created with, you know, the pyramids and and this like and amongst other things. But it's weird, just like you know, we just just we just supposed that they were stupid and they didn't know what the fuck they were doing because they weren't advanced, but they had a rhyme or reason. You wouldn't just pull or push you know, four ton or fourteen ton fucking uh bowls or pots or cups or whatever uphill for no damn reason.
Speaker 4: So also, while you're looking, look up, when did iron working become a thing in this region Because for some of the sandstone, again some of them that are made of a sandstone, I could absolutely understand why they were able to do that with stone chisels or even bronze chisels.
Speaker 1: This makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: The granite dude, you couldn't do that by in that timeframe of two thousand, three thousand BC because you would need iron for this, and how in the actual hell did it And it's not like cutting a stone, right, We've talked about how they did it in Egypt with the bricks and how there's excuse me, bronze saws they would use and they pour some sand into the cut and they'd scrape it and pour some more sand and scrape it in very long, arduous process to make a cube out of a stone. I understand this. We're talking about getting inside of it and carving out the walls.
Speaker 1: No, dude, you're gonna need You're gonna need iron for.
Speaker 3: This, says iron working in Laos began around seven hundred BC, following the earlier use of bronze, which started around fifteen hundred BC.
Speaker 4: Okay, seven hundred BC, and the last jar was made a thousand BC.
Speaker 3: A you see what I'm saying. Fucking aliens, that's the answer. I'm sorry, that's just what we're gonna say with this one.
Speaker 1: Who knows, dude.
Speaker 4: We get to the next theory. A mythical race of giants. Some legends add a mythological dimension to the various planes of jars. Theories suggest seeing they were created by a race of giants and their king kun Chung. The story goes that these giants use the jars to brew and store huge quantities of rice wine, known locally as Lao hi, although we also saw the Lao lao, which is like the rice whiskey that they make. Look, who's to say if they're giants and their party, and who knows what they were making.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they probably just s if they were giants, they probably just called.
Speaker 1: It right to be drunken celebration of a great victory.
Speaker 4: While this theory isn't supported by archaeological evidence, it's a significant part of the cultural and historical narratives surrounding the jars. There are other less prominent and more speculative theories as to the purpose of the huge number of vessels in the field of jars, including some sort of ceremonial or ritualistic use, or as a status symbol or representations of social ranking. There's also speculation that they were used in relation to astronomy or calendar type devices used to mark certain celestial events or seasons. They could also be territorial markers or boundary stones delineating specific areas, or, given the age of the ministry surrounding the jars, they might have held religious or spiritual significance that is not yet understood, possibly related to the ancient belief systems or practices which have been lost to history. See this is my problem. This, this is my problem, dude. Anytime there is something that we can't easily explain, oh, we believe it had verious significant, ceremonial and religious principles.
Speaker 1: That's that's what it was for. It's like, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's possible. It's not impossible.
Speaker 4: It's possible, yes, but these were obviously vessels meant to hold something, carry something, store something like, they had a pretic use, and maybe there was a spiritual or religious or ceremonial use for them holding something.
Speaker 1: But it's just, oh, dude, it's such a cop out to me.
Speaker 4: Every time we find anything that we just can't easily identify clearly it was a religious significant thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, is it possible though, Like, because it wasn't that long ago that people were really into like the weird spiritual shit. It wasn't until organized religion came and started making everything the way that we know it. But back then there wasn't really organized religion. You had certain pagan deities and maybe there was a certain community that offered up offerings to certain spirits or ancestors or something like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't call it organized religion.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean within each community. I mean organized for a community, I guess, but not for like a large not for like the whole world or a specific country.
Speaker 2: Ma.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Romans had a very organized religion. The Greeks had a very organized religion. Egypt had a very organized religion. Yeah, dude, when they built the pyramids, they had a very organized and structure religion.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm talking about the Romans.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when the Romans is like, yeah, they they had granted, it was basically the exact same Hellenistic vibe. They just renamed things to make it Roman, even though they took all of their notes from the Greeks. And then there's an argument to say that the Greeks took all of their notes from the Egyptians.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they had very specific practices that had to be uphild. It wasn't just kind of a fly by night, do it feels right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But it was ever changing though, at least from my research, as far as at least within the Roman times, because before Christianity made its way over into that region of the world, they were legit like they had fucking cults where they were worshiping the emperor's genius or which was another way of just saying that the emperor's guardian angel or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: They had, yeah, military cults that would worship the emperor as a deity himself, which is why he was put a statue of him was usually put into either a his own temple or be the temple of Zeus for that or I should say Jupiter as you do.
Speaker 3: With the mad dog matters.
Speaker 4: It's some Yeah, I've seen people Bill trying some mad dog. I had to take mine down, but that's besides the point. But didn't neither here there, Okay, but yeah, there is people that would do that, But that's my point. You would have organized cults to a specific deity, but I wouldn't call that unorganized.
Speaker 1: If anything, I would call that extremely structured. It was. Yeah, there was a pantheon, and there was.
Speaker 4: More than one way or more than one way to worship in totality. But like you knew that this God expected this type of sacrifice, This God expected this type of sacrifice this, God did this thing, and it's like, if you wanted this, you sacrifice this in order to get this, so like it to us in now, our modern day, we might see that as kind of all over the place and unorganized. I would argue that that's very organized as a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: But I mean, there's that's the thing.
Speaker 4: We're talking about, a religion in this area of Southeast Asia that we probably will never know about because it's been lost to the sands of time. Buddhism took over, like you said, in the eighth century a d. So whatever the people were worshiping before that point, who fucking.
Speaker 3: Knows, man, who knows?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, so yeah, the plane of jars, it's a wild it's a wild conversation, dude.
Speaker 3: I actually did want to pull up a couple of the other possible speculative kind of things here, and so I'm not gonna lie. Some of it's gonna get a little wooy loo woo woo wie if you will, Okay, But I mean, hey, you can't really throw anything out because there is no answer, so you can only speculate. So, first of all, you had the the whole giants and that whole conversation, which we're not going to go back into, but if you think about it as far as that whole giant situation, So that's what they believe. As far as the local Lautian legend that there was a race, a race of giants that roam the land. The jars created by are created for Kun Chung, who had just won a great battle. To celebrate, he commissioned the creation of massive jars to brew and store huge quantities of rice wine for the victory feast. It says that this theory fits into broader Indo Asian mythology of giants and sky beings who built massive structures around the world, much like the Nephelum lore in the Bible. So I thought that was kind of strange. Then we we can't not mention aliens like it's gotta get thrown out there.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck not at this point?
Speaker 3: Not so it says alien landing markers or stargates. All right, you got your ship like this, you gotta get a little stargatey up in here, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So some French theory believe that the plane of jars aligns with the ancient global energy grids much like the Nasca lines or Stonehenge. According to this idea, the jars are not just containers but markers or amplifiers of electromagnetic energy, placed deliberately by either extraterrestrial visitors or ancient civilizations guided by them. So the jar's durable material. There's strange distribution across wide areas and lack of clear quarrying records, all fueled the alien theory. Of course, maybe why not? Then you get into the interdimensional anchors. Possibly so in esoteric circles, it speculated that the jars were used in soul transference or anchoring rituals. The theory posits that they could have held relics or remains during astral or shamanic ceremonies where the goal was to preserve or transfer consciousness, essentially acting like primitive soul jars or horcuxes. All right, throw a little Harry Potter in there. So the jar's hollow interiors in alignment with certain lay lines give this idea some mystical appeal. Then there's obviously the last civilization technology, one of my favorites if we're going here, similar to the Atlantis of the East idea, Some believe that the jars were created by a now lost advanced civilization with stone shaping technology unknown to us. Some of the jars were made of solid granite, which would have required extreme tools or methods to carve precisely, methods that supposedly didn't exist in the region at that time. This parallels other anomalies like the Ballbeck stones in Lebanon or the megaliths of Saska Jueman in Peru. I don't know how to say. That's a long ass word. Then you got the ancient refrigeration and food storage, which, man, I'm not big on that one. This is the one that I thought was really interesting, which is the dragon or naga symbolism. So in Southeastern Asian mythology, it's filled with tales of the naga, which are the serpent and deities. Right Yeah, And some believe that the jars mark important lay points or dragon lines across the land. They may have been used in rituals to appease earth spirits or channel energy along these invisible lines, much like the Chinese funk Shue grid or Indian vast iwo. So this theory blends animism, geomancy, and ancient serpent worship traditions. And then of course, and then I was like, all right, well, let's get into this whole Asian dragon grid theory, right.
Speaker 1: So talked about that in an episode.
Speaker 4: Do there certain buildings that are built with dragon holes cut into them for funk shue purposes?
Speaker 1: Even architecturally speaking in.
Speaker 4: Our modern day, they build buildings so that the spirit of dragons can pass through unimpeded.
Speaker 1: Some mean, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So In Eastern geomancy, such as funk Shui and vastu et cetera, lay lines are referred to as dragon lines, currents of chi or life or life force that flows across the land these lines. These lines often aligned with mountain ranges, sacred temples, rivers, and megalithic sites. So the Plane of Jars is located in northern Laos near the Anamite Mountains. The entire Mikong River basin, which includes Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, is said to host an energetic vortex that feeds into the Himalayas and spread southeast into the South China Sea. Some researchers place the Plane of Jars along a secondary or tertiary lay grid that aligns with the Ankor Watt and Cambodia, Bagan and Myanmar and watt Fu in southern Laos, and possibly even the Nasca lines when viewed through certain Great Circle Earth grid models. And this suggestion or this suggests a sacred geometric connection nodes of consciousness or energy where ancient people's placed temples, monuments, or ritual sites to tap into this subtle force. And then there's a bunch of like I was just looking into all the different grids and lay line and whatever we could speculate. Right, there's something called the becker Hagen's grid connection, which is really interesting because this theory proposes a dodecahedron icosahedron planetary energy structure with sixty two major nodal points. These are based on mathematical divisions of the Earth, similar to how meridians and parallels divide geography. So if you really want to get real weird, that's really where you go. I'm not even gonna go there. But then there's of course the sound vibrational lay line points such as like acoustic resonance and harmonic or natural harmonic amplification that would allegedly reverberate through the land subsonic vibrational pathways, hypothesized sound corridors, and you can really just get fucking wild. But I thought that it was interesting the most with the Southeast Asian dragon lines, which you know, you got the certain nature chi that just flows through the land. I don't know what the fucking pots would have to do with that, but it's like it always seems like anytime there's like these megalithic structures, they're always, for one reason or another, perfectly in line on certain grids or lay lines like that. Right, Like we bring up our boy that likes to talk about the the energetic grid and the lay lines and the thirty third pel parallels and shit like that. I just believe that the people way back then were much more connected to the land than what we are now. You know, they respected the land. They looked at the land as if it was that it wasn't, you know, just some animate object or inanimate object. Rather that they they like had built like some weird connection to the land. And maybe that maybe that's why we don't know, because we don't understand the way that they were thinking back then. And I think that that's really the the the mystery here for the most part, it's that we don't understand their mind and their connection to the whatever their spiritual essence was, or what were they connected to to the land or the spirits of the ancestors, to the gods. And maybe it's not spiritual at all, Maybe it literally is just a burial ground. That's also possible too. But even with the burial ground, I find it very interesting that they would bring it all the way up to the top of the hill, maybe the closest you can get to Heaven symbolically.
Speaker 4: Maybe, But even with that, there's higher mountains that they could have chose.
Speaker 1: So like, what was the purpose to this? But I think you might be onto something here.
Speaker 4: And this is currently a working theory that I have not about who created the jars or for what purpose?
Speaker 1: Who knows? And I hope that as.
Speaker 4: More archaeological discovery is done, once they can clear out more of the minds and things, that maybe we'll find out more answers to these questions. Right that being said, why are there so many minds? Yeah, the Hucci Min trail went through this area. Don't get me wrong, I get this. There is murals depicting bombings that took place at the plane of jars specifically, it's kind of crazy to me that we dropped two hundred and sixty two million cluster bombs on the plane of jars, not the entirety, not the entirety of the huci Man trail and all that. We dropped a lot more, don't get me wrong, just on these jars themselves. We dropped this much, ordinance, more than we dropped on the entirety of Europe in World War Two. So here's my theory. I think that you're right that these jars were or they are, some kind of a connection now to what, to whom, to what dimension? Look, who knows, who fucking knows. But I think it's very interesting that during this operation Operation Rollback so.
Speaker 1: On the wait, wait, I don't want to misquote, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To know roll Operation Barrel role. I find it very very interesting that the United States government, while I have a whole war going on in Vietnam, and yes they're trying to break up the logistical pathway for the North Namese and viet Cong and all, that they go out of their way to try to destroy these jars that weren't doing things.
Speaker 3: Which kind of do resemble barrels?
Speaker 1: They do? They do?
Speaker 3: You know, you call it barrel roll in that area from our government and we're bombing that land on top of these fucking seemingly barrel type structures.
Speaker 4: Then look at more modern days, when we invaded Iraq, where was the first place we went to?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know this, I forget though.
Speaker 1: It was It was Nebuknezer's palace.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yes, Now there's people that will speculate as to the why on that? Was it for the stargate? Was it for the artifacts? Was it just to take out the heart and soul of the Iraqi army by taking their most prized possessions i e. Their historical possessions to where they would have no will to fight. Look, I don't know their speculation on this, but that being said, if we're trying to disrupt Vietnam, why are we bombing a what is now a UNESCO.
Speaker 1: World Heritage Site for Laos.
Speaker 4: It's very similar to when Napoleon went to Egypt and he fired canons at the pyramids. But why you're not going to destroy them with canons? You already won the battle, or you're just trying to stomp on the heart and soul of Egypt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or is it or.
Speaker 3: Or is it desecrating that there were gods before you if you wanted to be seen as a god.
Speaker 1: You see where I'm going with that. Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that the American president at the time of Operation Barrel role, which was I mean nine years. I'm not saying that Johnson and or Nixon and or whoever was trying well no, no, no, Nixon was after that or before that. I should say it was Kennedy than Johnson. But either way, I am not saying that they were trying to be seen as gods to the people of Laos. But if you were trying to disrupt those people's spiritual connection in some way, shape or form, and or prevent any archaeologist to ever discover what they were actually used for, because that might get in the way of the historical narrative that we've come to know and love.
Speaker 1: Perhaps there was more of.
Speaker 4: A h more of a a Malfesians to it, right, Maybe there was a bit more evil intent behind the bombings of the Plane of Jars. I don't know that for a fact, but that is a whole hell of a lot of ordinance to be bombing the shit out of two thousand stone jars.
Speaker 3: Dude, I mean, yeah, maybe you don't point necessarily to a president as him wanting to become a god or anything like that, but if you look at it grand scale, are you trying to make America God? Are you trying to make you know, the literal world's leader in basically fucking everything? Like we pretty much lay down, dick whatever we do, right and compared to I mean not as far as manufacturing, but as far as consuming goes, we got that down.
Speaker 4: H It's like the same conversation is why can't we go to every area of the Grand Canyon, Like, yeah, certain areas are dangerous and they don't want people to get hurt, and I get that, But there are other areas they don't want us to go to because it would expose a little bit of the prehistory that they don't want us.
Speaker 1: To know about. Right, We've talked about that.
Speaker 3: And get to the giant doorways.
Speaker 4: So why would they bomb the shit out of these stone jars that they allegedly no one knows where they came from, carved somewhere around three thousand BC. What difference does it make that's not gonna hurt anybody unless the more we find out about these things, the more it kind of unravels the fabric of what we thought. Again, those granite stone carvings, nobody knew how to do that in one thousand BC. How the fuck did they accomplish that unless and again now we get into the speculation. Was it giants? Was it aliens? Was it air dimensional beings? Were these people operating at a level of technology that we seriously have never considered that they could even have before that point, but they were fucking with it?
Speaker 1: How do they get that technology? How do they get that knowledge?
Speaker 4: And you see what I'm saying, It starts the churning, It starts the wheels spinning. I don't know, but it stands to reason that the American government really did not want those jars to survive the war. They bombed the fuck out of them for nine straight years.
Speaker 3: Good cult members, let us know what you think. We tried to cover as many possible angles that we could on this one, and we are still puzzled at the end. I don't have even one like leading theory with this whole thing. It is just so mind boggling. I mean, why would you have these giant fucking structures. I mean, are you you're just gonna be using as burial grounds in Loos? I mean, what were they up to back then? What were they doing? What did they do it for?
Speaker 1: Was it just.
Speaker 3: To collect rain water? Was it just to store wine? Was it just to maybe they were storing grain or rice or whatever. Or was it used in some kind of magical ceremony. Was it to call on the sky gods? Was it to line up astrologically, was it to like line up perfectly with the grids of the lay lines of the earth, or maybe something even entirely more different, like the fucking giants using them for whiskey glasses. Let us know.
Speaker 4: Indeed at this time, good call members. If you would like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver bullion, the best place to get started would be go to the link description below cocsilver dot com. When you fill out your information, our homeboy, WINGE Clark is gonna be the one to reach out and give you all of the rundown of how this whole thing goes down. Listen, There's never been a better time to buy silver and gold bullion minted coins, real weight of these precious metals. The dollar is gonna go up down left right in the center. But you know what's gonna maintain value, precious metals. Talk to your financial guy, I promise you, And if you don't have one, look a CPA is only a phone call away. Ask them what they think about investing in precious metals.
Speaker 1: I promise you they're gonna tell you it's wise.
Speaker 4: Right now, gold is over three thousand dollars an ounce, silver is a little bit over thirty five dollars an ounce. It's still affordable to get your hands on some yourself and get some of these gorgeous coins minted MS seventy minted silver coins, which is the highest grade minted coin, I should say cocsilver dot Com. Again, that link is in the description below. And there's not just these kinds of minted coins. There's all kinds of coins that they have out there.
Speaker 1: There's whole bricks.
Speaker 4: I've hailed in my hand a ten thousand ounce bar of pure silver that was insane. I never held that kind of real weight of silver before.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 4: Buy it coocsilver dot com. You want to buy that same amount of.
Speaker 1: Gold First of all, what do you do for work if you're a four and that?
Speaker 4: But secondly, if you can get it now would be the time to buy before it even goes up more again, cocsilver dot com link is in the description below, but another way that you could support the show and also let us know what you think about these jars? Are we out of our minds? Are the archaeologists rights? Tell us what you think in the comments. What you could do is please at this time hit the five stars, hit the shares of licens christs comments. They well post a review of shares the defensive family shares. If we're here's the deal. The more activity the algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners. Who can that become potential cult members like theres you final, ladies and gentlemen, why are you ready to go check out metamistery Jonathan's other show and getting the same level of respect over there with the five star reviews and the positivity in the comments. Come check out the Cage to Night and come join each of us for our individual patroons and we host every Wednesday night at nine pm.
Speaker 1: Central, and we thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 3: And with that being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan, I'm Jacob. And there's one very important, extremely vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 4: Fish that's.
Speaker 1: No better off that fire lie, so
Speaker 3: To speak,