Speaker 1: To have you long CaCO Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Sou a little speech or something last night. Huh, little Donald, Little Donald Trump getting up there. Not quite State of the Union, but I guess it is the longest presidential congressional address ever. I believe is that I saw that and I wanted to make sure that that was that. Well, he went on a while, and poor Ross has been dubbing audio all morning. So but yeah, that's how that works. So boy, oh boy, where do I even start on this? I have a question how this This is the thing that I understand that we kind of have a process for when the president speaking, whoever the president is all right, go back to Obama or Bush or Clinton. It does matter. And there has been ups and downs in decorum, but for the most part, during most years, you have a situation where there's applause lines for everybody, you know, things mutually, where both sides of the aisle are like, hey, you know, America's pretty awesome. Then you know everyone everyone applauds. Usually again, these are these are nostalgic, some of these thoughts. And then something that might be a key partisan issue for that president and their side of Congress. They'll be like, hey, we want to do this thing. And then so you know, half the gallery applauds, the other half doesn't. And then that's the show, right, Oh, we're not looking at we're not applauding for this. And then there's something else on the flip side, and like that's been the way that it's been. And yes, you know people will sit there and tell you, oh, well, this it all broke down. When was it? Joe Wilson yelled, you lie at Barack Obama. But really that was that's really tame compared to stuff that had happened going back in the day. Remember they used to beat each other with canes on the floor of the Senate. So ups and downs. So with that in mind, whatever you decide to do is strategic. So you wear white, you wear pink, you want to send a message. Who you invite as a guest is very telling because that's supposed to send a message as well. And so they you know, they feast upon that throughout most of the day leading up to something like this. And then if if you're gonna have any show or form of protest, you gotta kind of figure out what that's gonna look like. So yesterday, prior to this thing kicking off, the best that they could seemingly up with was, let's get a bunch of kazoos and eggs and bingo cards and Al Green, who, as much as he's advocated over the years that we all stay together clearly as in a divisive mode, might be a different Al Green. My point is if that was organized yesterday, that might you guys, that might have been one of the worst days. I don't just mean the speech, but I also mean those damn videos like who has your who has your pr contract? Democrat Party?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Because they're rovenue blind man from that video? Which how did you not think? I think the number is what twenty five? They settled on twenty five senators doing the same video in the same tween with a Twitch channel for you know, where they're holding a little mic out in front and they're leaning in, and they're using the same graphics and you can play them side by side and they eerily sound the same because they are the same, which which shows you how disingenuous they are to not knowing whether it's okay to applaud for a kid with cancer. The whole thing was I can't fathom how it was handled yesterday. And you had lots of opportunity to push back on try I get it, you don't like the guy. You had all these things, and then the way that you chose to play it yesterday was to not have the ability one to come up with twenty five individual videos on a topic. You had to cut and paste that, and I know a lot of people won't see it that you send it out to, but a lot of them will and it just feels ick, okay, case of the icks. That's what the kids say. And then to watch the inability that adults have to take a topic or a phrase or a word that's put in front of him and decide how you feel about it and then react accordingly because you're unclear what the coordination is like. People see that stuff and it's not normal. People understand why people do things for partisan reasons, but they don't understand why they do things that just seem inane, stupid, and unnecessary. Because we do this. I understand, I'm talking a little in circles. I'm gonna play some audio, but it's just it's the thing that's stuck out the most to me yesterday, like you just clearly the last election didn't go well for you at the federal level, okay.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: He gives you more than enough to key off every single day. And it's it's just the worst messaging because it's it's wildly unrelatable. It's what was wrong with Tim Walls and Kamala Harris for that matter. And I understand you're saying I was Trump relatable. He's a billionaire, he's you know, he's got a tam blah blahlah. I'm telling you immensely more relatable, not necessarily because people want to hang out with him, but they understand him. I don't know what the hell that was. I was watching yesterday, Like I don't I I don't even understand the strategy of what was going down yesterday. So the president's up there talking and you can't decide whether it's what what if if it's something you like or you don't like, And so you oddly are sitting there and you're like, here, here's a kid, Let me let me help you out here. Okay, let me let me give you a little human need lesson because I understand too that it can be nuanced so you know, if it's things you like, then you applaud. Okay, right, it's very simple. So if if the speaker is saying something that you like, you know, oh you know, I like that, okay, and then you would like chicken wings, all right, the oh the president just talked about you. I like chicken wings. Okay, that's pretty good. And then uh, you know, if it's things you don't like, like uh, zoom meetings, right, oh boo hate zoom meetings. I'm trying to do this very apolitical. And then there's sometimes there's things where you need context, like look at this sweet kitten. Isn't this ah? Is this adorable little kitten? Right? But then you're like, ah, well what happened with the kid? And you're like, ah, the kitten was in a smelting accident. You're all see, and then you want to make sure you had you had and start applauding because you you've got the context. You should not applaud kittens in smelting accidents. Or here's a little boy with cancer. Okay, all right, you're gonna go to context the context here, right, Uh, here's a little boy with cancer who's cancer is getting better and who dreams of being a Secret Service agent, and we're gonna we're gonna make him an honorary Secret Service So you can applaud that. That's okay, you can applaud the kid with cancer. He gets to be the honorary Secret Service agent. Now if it's the same little kid with cancer instead of being a Secret Service agent. He wants to meet John Cena. And then while he's meeting John Cena, John Cena starts, you know, beating his face in well, hold on, hold on there, Trump, right, that's because you would have had to rate for a way for context. But in this case, it's just a little boy. Sue's battling cancer and really really digs on the Secret Service and was super excited. Right he's thirteen. His name is DJ Daniels and not knowing how to deal with that. Yesterday was just weird man, which just and and I get it. The President is pointing, he's got people there. He talked about Lake and Riley. He had the uh it was that January. Little John was the mom's name with the with the girl on the gender ideology stuff. He honored uh compretour, the man who was shot and killed, the firefighter who was shot and killed while the during the assassination attempt. Like these are layups, bro, This is simple stuff. And what I saw yesterday was just about the worst way to handle it I think I've probably seen in a while. And that's saying something like the bar was really low yesterday, but somehow we got under it. Somehow we had to remove a member of Congress because he's waving a cane around like a lunatic. And know, and the bingo cards and the paddles and the and the whole thing, man, was just weird. So what was what was Trump talking about? Everything? Like everything, the thing went on forever. So we'll dive in. We'll get a little analysis too. Got Congressman brad Not he'll join us coming up at seven oh five. We'll see what he thinks. We got a lot of a lot of stuff to get into. But the whole thing was surreal, man, This looney Tunes all right, six seventeen back in just a few Hey, I don't I was. I don't know that there's anything that's really been a focal point of the first well, you know, six six weeks or so of this administration or whatever it is that there wasn't talked about, and and and again I understand that politically people have disagreements, so for what he's doing, I got it. But like, yes, it was a really bad pr day. The whole thing was just weird, man, and like and it starts. It started with that video, this video where they're all sitting there, they're all saying the same thing. They have all the same graphics. You can literally play them all at the same.
Speaker 4: Time immediately bring prices down starting on watch.
Speaker 1: Heard it's it's it's it's striking man, and they're all leaning forward. They got that lava leer style mic, you know, the little one that you clip on a lapel, but it's the fuzzy one and they're just holding it as uh, you know, as the kids do on the TikTok and and it just it smacks disingenuous, even if look what they're arguing is clearly the position that they have. The whole thing was weird, and Elon turned it into a truck you have away. Yesterday, right when the video came out, he posts he posted thing He's like, whoever figures out who wrote this, I'll give you a free uh a free truck. The people are run. Looks like Corey Booker did. It looks like I think a guy's gonna get a free truck get himself was a cyber truck. I mean, it was just it's just the weirdest timeline all day, every day, and then it's time for the speech. It's time for the speech, and you know it's gonna be schlocky, it's gonna be nationalist. It's gonna be but not in the bad way, but in you know, in the America first way that you know what's coming, so you you also know how to prepare for this. And the way that you used to prepare is you had interesting messaging. The same day. You brought people who were interesting guests that you could then put in front of reporters to make your point, like, ah see this person, this person's a veteran who voted for Trump and used to work for this department and now he doesn't. Isn't Trump bad? Like I expect all of that stuff? That wasn't it? Man? That was a temper tantrum and props and stinky gd Vance looked like every father at every gathering whose kids are kind of a holes, right, and he's got to sort him out, but he can't do it verbally, so he's got to do it just with the look he was going to. That's the look my mom used to give us, and that's the one you didn't want. And Speaker Johnson's doing that. Meanwhile, Trump's up there droning on about the same stuff he normally talks.
Speaker 4: Members of the United States Congress, thank you very much, and to my fellow citizens, America is back.
Speaker 1: All right, pep rally atmosphere. If you were a little wife, GOP's gonna they're gonna clap, okay whatever, We're not breaking the ground here. I didn't think it was interesting that they had that USA chant ready to go several times when disruption was afoot. It was very effective.
Speaker 4: Six weeks ago, I stood beneath the dome of this capital and proclaimed the dawn of the Golden Age of America. From that moment dawn, there's been nothing but swift and unrelenting action to usher in the greatest and most successful era in the history of our country.
Speaker 2: I gotta care who you are.
Speaker 1: Could you argue it hasn't been just neck break speed. Even if you hate everything that's happening, you have to recognize the speed of it. We'll have Congressman Brad Not on, so he was there for Seid Insanity yesterday. So we'll hear from somebody who was in the room coming up here in thirty minutes on the show. All right, So, like I said, Trump spoke for an hour and forty forty five two hours. I mean it was it was lengthy, and it ran the gamut, and there was there were shenanigans, and there were disruptions, and there were just weird bingo cards which I don't even mind the bingo cards as much, but more for people watching rather than Congress. But members of Congress put them out. Tom Tillis stole our idea and did it. So whatever that being said, what you saw pold very well. And I don't just mean in Republican circles. Now take the polling for whatever it's worth, But seemingly the reaction from the public was not one that you know, turned in some major negative way for Trump. I don't know that it was a huge boost, but it was well received along the lines of where the approval ratings are now. People liked what they heard for the most part. Um, all right, I can't hear my button bar So let me do this real quick. Ross has dubbing some other stuff in, so hang on, all right, So let's get back to it because I'm gonna need the whole damn show to cover all this, because again he talked about everything.
Speaker 4: They come back, the likes of which the world has never witnessed and perhaps will never witness again, than anything like it.
Speaker 1: Good does Trump love him some truck?
Speaker 4: Presidential election of November fifth was a mandate like has not been seen in many decades. We won all seven swing states, giving us an electoral college.
Speaker 5: Rectory of three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 4: We won the popular vote by big numbers.
Speaker 5: And won counties in our country.
Speaker 1: What do you And this is what I'm talking about. So you saw the one he's literally just stating facts there, he's I mean, he's in bell you know.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of puffery, right, a little the way that he's delivered it. He's but he's stating facts. He won all the swing states. He told you the electoral college number he got, and then he said he won the popular vote like that isn't in dispute, right, So when when this this pre planned disruptive behavior was out there Republicans already with the USA USA thing. And by the way, it's it irritated the hell out of the MSNBC panel. I'm not gonna play all the audio because it's it's like five six minutes. But you had Michael Steele there, you had Simone Sanders and like they were upset, they were upset with Democrats for not like having a way to not look stupid doing that yesterday. So, I mean, just just a disaster in the minds of the people who were doing analysis on this stuff, which then lets Trump's stuff just stand. You're not even arguing the stuff that he's throwing out there, You're arguing the strategy of disrupting him wasn't done well. And if that's the post analysis I'm going to see on MSNBC with their you know, eight person I hate Trump panel, I'd say he accomplished whatever he wanted to accomplish yesterday.
Speaker 2: For the first time in modern history.
Speaker 1: Well, here's where it starts to get pretty.
Speaker 6: The country is headed in the right direction, then the wrong direction. Cop it's an astonishing record twenty seven point swing, the most ever.
Speaker 1: All right, so so things are getting dicey, and then and then you have Representative Al Green, who he represents Texas, one of the metros of Texas. I don't care which maybe it's housedon, it doesn't matter. So he's up there, he's got a cane and he's decided he's going to go full Heckler's veto right where he's going to start screaming so nobody can accomplish what they're trying to accomplish. And to the credit of Mike Johnson, you know, even though he was gabbling away and trying to restore order, was he was willing to do what a lot of people have wondered why it hasn't been done before in past States of the Union or other events where you have elected officials, right, not members of the gallery who elected officials probably let in, but rather elected officials who have chosen to disrupt the proceedings. They utilize the sergeant at arms, which is what the sergeant at arms is.
Speaker 2: For forty one point job.
Speaker 7: Members are directed to uphold and maintained the corps in the House and to seize any.
Speaker 1: Further disruptions that you're warning.
Speaker 7: Members are engaged in wilful and continuing breach of decorum, and the Chair is prepared to direct the sergeant at arms to restore order to the joint session.
Speaker 1: Look, at this point, this is the battle for who gets to look like the adults in the room. And this is where, strategically, I don't understand why Democrats press.
Speaker 7: Forward, mister Graen, take your seat. Take your seat, sir, take your seat. One of the members continue to engage in wilful and concert the disruption or proper decorum. A chair now directs a sartant at arms to restore order. Remove just gentlemen.
Speaker 1: From the chaybird, all right, and then you know, and then remove him so he can literally go in the hallway and send a fundraising email, which which he did, probably more than one, but I did see one. Yeah, I Because again, it's it's not necessarily how the wonks are looking at it, it's how the American public, who may have tuned in, who is kind of plugged in but not super plugged in. I mean, obviously they hear the big stories. There's a lot going on right now, but you know, they tuned in to see what was what, and so the the litmus test is how does this look to somebody who's watching it? And it looks dumb. It looks childish, It looks like there's no plan there, when clearly there was so much planning that went into yesterday. We had all the stories, We had the stupid video they made. We had the Axios article about I don't Know Nunish, which talked about the bingo cards and the egg cartons and the paddles and the noise makers and everything that they were planning on doing. It was all out there. It had the whole day to really test audiences because they talked about it, and yet you still went through with it. It was amazing to me.
Speaker 4: The media and our friends and the Democrat Party kept saying we needed new legislation, we must have legislation to secure the border, but it turned out that all we really needed was a new president.
Speaker 2: The members don't lie.
Speaker 1: Remember, remember you had crossings that were on some days ten thousand people a day. At the of it, you were averaging like five thousand for most of the Biden administration a day. What was it the city of Pittsburgh per annual? Was it annually the city of Pittsburgh or something, whatever the comparable number is. And then that number went from a height of ten thousand plus per day, averaging five thousand per day where Trump was averaging last week, what was it like one hundred and fifty. And so the point that he's making resonates with people. They're like, yeah, they didn't pass any legislation, and all of a sudden, it's not a thing anymore. He's absolutely right again, far better prepared this time around than last time around, making sure to get in these things, these sound bites, these little points that will resonate with people, not people who are the hyper partisan people, but just people who were people.
Speaker 4: Man the hours of taking the oath of office, I declared a national emergency on our southern border, and I deployed the US military and border patrol to repel the invasion of our country. And what a job they've done as a result. Illegal border crossings last month were by far the lowest ever recorded ever.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't argue that point with dirty look and pisus.
Speaker 1: This is what it is.
Speaker 4: They heard my words and they chose not to come much easier that way.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the whole thing, and we're I think maybe a third through the audio. So we'll bang through this throughoute the day. Like I said, we can get calls if you want eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. We'll talk to the congressman coming up. That'll be at eight oh five. So uh, let's do this. We'll go ahead and take a break, Yeah, because I want to package this, but we'll get into the again, the inability to just process whatever the thing is and then decide whether you're going to clap for the thing. You're not going to clap for the thing. You don't have to clap for the thing. But I have to understand that you're able to process the things being put out in front of you. And the problem is, if you're a Democratic member of Congress, there's probably nothing there you liked yesterday. And because he covered so many different topics and so many things and put him in very clear and concise talking points, I think he was wildly effective communicating this, even if you think he's wrong, even if you think he's embellishing, even if you think that eventually this decision will be horrible. You know, Twitter yesterday with all the tariff stuff, was these insane tweets. And again, I don't know why the algorithm now feeds me all the insane Democrat stuff right where you know the Twitter activists, right, not just members of Congress stating their opinion. Yeah, or the uh you know, the former Social Security director what's his name, It doesn't matter. The Democrat who's like, they're going to stop, they're not gonna be able to send Social Security checks within the next sixty to ninety days. I mean, they were just posting this stuff out there based on everything that was going on yesterday. It was it was the it was the the chicken little strategy all day yesterday. And President didn't even address any of that stuff yesterday, just went in there, kept on message, did his thing. It was again I don't necessarily believe the polls, but it came across as very effective, if if not really really long. So we'll get into more. We've got green policy stuff. Gulf of America. Trump called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again. I wish he'd go with liah Watha. I prefer that, but here we were stuck in this and we'll continue as really a lot of the trans stuff, I think is where most of the news cycle is going to go this morning. So we'll get into it. Inflation, everything else coming up CaCO Day Radio program, right, get back into the little bit of Trump audio, and then we chat with Congressman Brad Nott. That'll be a seven o five coming up Friday, just a couple of days from now. South Carolina is going to be executing somebody. This guy, what.
Speaker 2: Did he do?
Speaker 1: He used a bat to beat his girlfriend's parents to death, but not quickly, took his time. Basically had one in one room, one in the other. The girlfriend's there, she's freaking out, you'll never leave me, blah blah blah. And so he beats her parents to death and he was going to kill her, but she was able to escape anyway. Just so we're clear as to why they're going to grease this dude. But what's interesting is they're doing firing squad. And so I'm reading an article. I'm just a little curious, and in South Carolina, I just assumed when they do firing squads, like in Utah, it's deputies or its prison officials. That's not the case in South Carolina. According to CBS News did a big piece on this and they were just talking about the specifics of it. It's random volunteers. It's three people who have been randomly selected who volunteered because I guess they want to shoot a dude. Who get to shoot this guy? And they all have live ammo. I guess the way that they do it down there. Now, they get a little chair, they mark the heart. You got your ram on. But yeah, so in South Carolina, it's like the Wonka ticket or something, and you get and then that's it. And they don't tell you who they are, really anything about them other than they're volunteers. So just a little something I had no idea about. But here we go, all right, real quickly, I want to play these two pieces of audio. So was I was talking about the young boy with cancer variety wants to be Secret Service agent. You had that moment and again this is the part where you got a human This is the part where you got to figure out, Okay, there's some things maybe I should applaud for, not that the kid has cancer, but because this.
Speaker 4: Right and tonight, DJ, we're going to do you the biggest honor of them all. I am asking our new Secret Service Director Sean Curran to officially make you an agent of the United States Secret Service.
Speaker 1: Right, So he did a make alation literally right there. Hey, you hear clapping, but you hear clapping because the GOP members are classing. How is this remotely problem atic? That's what I want to know for the record, And this is disgusting.
Speaker 8: The President made a spectacle, yeah, out of praising a young man who serves thus far survived pediatric cancer, as if the President had something.
Speaker 9: To do with that.
Speaker 8: This was in the midst of him praising Doge doche cuts, among other things, have cut off funding for ongoing research into pediatric cancer.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, and just so we're clear, this is the this is the big lie, because there was a standalone pediatric cancer bill and then they jammed it in that omnibus so that they could claim that the GOP doesn't like kids with cancer. Right, So that whole canard from like two months ago. But that's your reaction to revisiting a small portion of what was nearly a two hour speech yesterday, and it had all of the little side stories, very State of the Union ee right, Yeah, applause lines, you had non applause lines. You had to see what the opposition was going to do, and it got crazy. And in fact, one of the congressional members, Al Green from Texas, he's waving his cane around. They threw him out of the damn chamber. But like the analysis and the polling that you saw on this look like it was a positive night for President Trump and the GOP for that matter. One of the members of Congress is our own bread not He joins us this morning. How you doing today, sir?
Speaker 9: Yes, Sara, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good. Did you find it difficult not to get thrown out of the House Chamber yesterday because some of your colleagues, did.
Speaker 9: You know, it was a privilege to be there? We were all disappointed, those of us who were sitting on the Republican side. It must have been forty five seconds and Al Green stood up and was berating the pre as that and treat peopled. I think even some of the Democrats were a little bit mortified at what they saw. But all in all, it was a just a blip. I thought the speech was wonderful. Of the energy on the Republican side, this was pretty high, and it was it was a privilege to be there.
Speaker 1: What what do you think it accomplished? Because again, it's a speech not for you guys, necessarily, it's for the American people. The President said that, and it seemed to be pretty well received, but I don't know that it was new information. It was. It was a victory lap. I think people are calling it a victory lap less than six weeks into an administration. What do you what do you think it accomplishes?
Speaker 9: Well, you know it was. It was from a procedural standpoint, it filled the slot of a traditional state of union and it served It served several purposes. I think it showed all of us that the president it's not running to be a ceremonial president. He was focused in the campaign. He has certainly been focused ever since January twentieth, and he went right down the same list of priorities that he has been championing for the last several months of years. And the speak was appropriately very much focused domestically. He lifted off whether it was the wasteful spending that he and Elon Musk have identified, whether it was securing our border, highlighting that his policies are working. We're at the lowest point ever in terms of illegal crossings. He gave great creance to the no tax on tips. He was highlighting his desire to change the energy policy. He wants to get the regulatory policy back in order he wants to get all the taxes passed soon. He's reminding Congress that if we don't act, there's going to be a four and a half trillion dollar tax increase on every American And if anything, it just reminded every bodies that the president is focused, he's working, he's trying to deliver for the country, and at least for me and my congressional seat, it was almost a reminder I'm doing my part and you guys in Congress you'd better be doing yours too.
Speaker 1: And that's what I wanted to ask you, like, are you guys going to be able to because I mean, let's face and we're talking about continuing resolutions at the same time we're talking about insane spending stuff like the list you just referenced is crazy. We've talked about it here on the show, and it's that sounds like a disconnect in some people's minds. So, does Congress have a plan to right size the government under their required powers the power of the purse? That's you, guys, So explain to me how you enact with the President's laying out so that there's not these contradictory things.
Speaker 9: Great question and The short answer is, yes, we do have a plan. One of the frustrating parts that I've seen in Congress is I wish we could move faster across the board. But when you have a Senate, when you have the House of Representatives, and when the majority that we have is as small as it is, and you have very little wiggle room, uh to to to fluctuate with you when you're in Congress, kind of really focus on the issues that that we can get into a bill. I hope the Senate will accept it and send it to the President. And right now the White House is seeing we are making good progress with the reconciliation. We are trying to get everything, and I say everything into one big bill. That's a tremendous task just from a topic standpoint. And you know, I don't know what I'm going to do with the continuing Resolution if one is proposed. The White House has has already telegraphed that they think that's the most responsible short term fix while we negotiate and fix the taxes and the regulations and the policy, et cetera. But to answer your question, there's absolutely feverish work trying to get this one big bill that the President wants through and to his desk before the summer. And again, when you've got a majority as slim as the House of Representatives, just to put it into an image, you have a Republican who's in a a what's called an R plus thirty the Republican thirty district and then you've got a New York who's in a Democrat plus two districts, a New York Republican and we really don't have any leeway. We have you know, we can lose one or two votes and that's it. So when you've got a conference that's as diverse as ours, with with a majority that's a slim as ours, that can complicate things. But the President is leading, we are, we're putting the bill together and uh, we believe that we'll be able to pass it before the summer.
Speaker 1: What do you think because you've been up there, just just to be clear, you've been up there for about five minutes, right because you sworn in, you were sworn in in January. What a what a Congress to get sworn into talk to about? I know you have nothing to compare it against, but you know it's drinking from a fire hose right now, and this is how you're learning how to how to be a congressman. So explain how that works for you and what your day is like and how you're able to figure out how it used to be different talking to some of the other members.
Speaker 9: Well, I'll start from and reverse. It used to be different at the level of vitriol on you know between parties was not nearly as high as it is currently. And that's been something that really has been upsetting and and something that I wish we could we could reverse. Candidly, I think America got a snapshot of it last night. There were lots of things that the President said that traditionally even the Democrats would have stood and applauded for. There were lots of moments in that speech or even at the whole evening, for instance, when when his cabinet was was introduced. Traditionally both parties stand for the recognition of his cabinet. That did not happen last night. When the President recognized a young man who had overcome tremendous sizes with brain cancer and was given a ceremonial badge to the Secret Service, the Democrats didn't stand up. When you know a young man by the name of Jason Hartley was announced to have been accepted at West Point. His father was slain in law enforcement. He is a third generation now be a third generation service member for our army. The Democrats didn't stand up, and I don't quite know what to make of that, because candidly, this is probably even more upsetting. When the cameras are off, the vitriol goes down, and the resentment goes down. It's almost kind of a perfunctory four show act that the Democrats, I don't want to be too broad, not all of them, but the ones that we all know of and the ones that we saw last night, by and large were acting in that way. But walking home from the speech, I saw some Democrats and their countenants were was completely different.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: They were friendly, they were they were they were engaging. So I'm not sure what to make of that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: But in terms of me getting getting my sea legs under us, we we agree with most of what the President outlined. We believe that the the folks wanted to change in November. They voted for it. Everything from men's off of men, men getting out of women's locker rooms, men getting off of women's teams. To the taxes and the suspending is just outrageous. It's more outrageous now that we have the lights on than it was even during the campaign and we were just talking about it hypothetically. And we we have built the staff, we are on good committees, and we're trying to work in unison both with within our own office, within the committees, and then with the White House to get these things done. And it's been fascinating to see it kind of behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: To be sure, Here's here's what I can't wrap my head around. And let me go back to what you just said, all of these these crazy spending things right where they're like, oh, look, we found out that we spend ten million to shove marbles up cat's rear ends and then electrocute them, right, which is a thing. That's that's one of the things. And for the life of me, I can't understand why there's not a member, a Democrat member of Congress on recker going, hey, do you think there's a good way to spend ten million dollars? They have been they have not been asked to weigh in on this. Have you had a conversation with one of your colleagues, where even one of your Democrat colleagues is like, nah, transgender operas in Colombia is probably not the best use of our money. Are they honest at least in private? That that's insane?
Speaker 9: You know, I think gay they have They have made such a villain out of President Trumps. If you remember, during his first term, they they they accused him of essentially working with Putin to uh over return to the government and accused him of being just a vicious, vicious, evil person. And he clearly is not. Everything that they said about him in Russia was a lie, but the viciousness and the vitriol towards him has only grown. And unfortunately, if there's anything that the president is doing, I have not had any any specific interactions where they will will where they will even give the first card in his favor. Uh And I think it's because as a party, they just cannot accept that someone who they think is as odious as President Trump could do anything that is in the right direction.
Speaker 1: And you're not sure my faith in humanity here a good job of it.
Speaker 9: So the most the most I've gotten out of I say I've gotten the most I've heard in conversation is they will say something along the lines of, well, we could always clean up spending, but they're going about it the wrong way. That's kind of the baseline in private response. But there's no acknowledgment that how he's going about it is effective. There's no acknowledgement that it's not just a little bit with spending that we've got to do. It's thirty six trillion dollars in total, two trillion dollars a year. You know, things like spending tens of billions of dollars giving free health care to illegals, things like that that most Americans find outrageous. The other party is simply not in lockstep with the American people, and that is certainly the case that I've observed in Washington.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you. We're chatting with Congressman Brad not about President's speech last night, but there's two other things I want to talk about. One the Zelenski meeting. Right, What, holy holy cow, what a Friday that was. It's after the show, so then I get the whole weekend to digest it. Everyone's watching a layout. Where are we at on that? And by the way, you don't think Putin's a good guy, right, because that's the narrative. That's the narrative. Now that obviously, if if you thought Zelenski, I'm of the camp that I don't understand. I think Chris Murphy, your senate colleague, uh and and others like Jim this dude up and he walked in and absolutely suicided himself in that meeting. I don't I there's no there's no fathomable reason to take that approach. That being said, the narrative then is you then have to assume that everybody loves Putin and the Republicans love Putin up there, So do you love Putin? Do you think he's a good guy? Or where are you at on this Zelensky Ukraine? All of this stuff.
Speaker 9: Again reversed. Putin is a vicious murdering, you know, dictator in Russia who is an absolute adversary, a threat to our country. He's a threat to Europe. That can absolutely be true. But also what President Trump is attempting to achieve is a durable peace in Ukraine. This war has been going on for years. There is absolutely no plan from either side to land a plane, so to speak, to achieve peace. Putin for all of his flaws, he did recognize President Trump the first term, there was no military effort on his end. He annexed Crimea under Barack Obama. He began this war after the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal under President Biden. And he has at least come to the table and has signaled willingness to engage in peace talks. The part that President Trump has recognized with Ukraine is that the American public should not be the world's atm with conflicts, and when we have spent hundreds of billions of dollars on Ukraine, for what purpose going forward? When there's no plan to win, there's no plan to land a planet into durable peace. President Trump has seized this narrative, and he mentioned.
Speaker 1: It last night.
Speaker 9: He gave creeings to the fact it was a difficult conversation on Friday. He did not want it to go that way. However, when President Zolensky cannot even muster the manners to say thank you in the Oval Office, when he can't look at the American taxpayer and say how much he appreciates it, when he wants to challenge President Trump's ideas in a way that is absolutely ungrateful and disrespectful. That was not the time to move forward. And President Zelensky, to his credit, sent the President a letter that the President read last night, and he is ready to engage. He is ready to sign the minerals deal. He's ready to work creatively to have a lasting peace. And just from a strategic standpoint, the President the President's plan of economic development and rare earth metals and minerals extracted from Ukraine, that's a trillion dollar economic pack with Ukraine. There could be no greater assurance from a security standpoint, been placing American civilian businesses and engineering companies and extraction companies in Ukraine. And so the President is trying his best to help Ukraine out. He's going to develop their economy, he's going to recoup some money for the taxpayers. He will enrich Ukrainians, he will win rich Americans. And he's all in on it. And thankfully the letter that he read to the Congress last night, it seems like progress is being made from Zelenski. I will say that, I will say it's worth voting. It's real quickly. The only applause, the only applause that the Democrats gave was for Ukraine.
Speaker 1: And I if we're going to go forward with this and that is in America's interest, and I think people are there. Congressman brad Not appreciate it, and we will be right back. Thank you to Congressman brad Not for joining us. He was there for Trump's speech last night. Give us a little inside the chamber spy report there. But yeah, I don't know that we're learning anything new. I just I don't know if you're the Democrats, how you deal with everything there. Like usually a guy's got one or two kind of core issues and you can really kind of lean into that from an opposition standpoint. But he threw everything out, everything out, and when you had points of contention over a thirteen year let me tell you the story of this. DJ Daniel Okay Kid's thirteen. He was told six years ago that he had six months to live, essentially because of the fact that he has answer. So six years ago he's told he had six months to live. Obviously, he's beaten the odds. He hasn't beat everything, but he's doing a lot better than they told him. And as a result, his thing is he loves law enforcement. He wants to be a cop all of these things, and so over the course of those years, this young man has acquired essentially nine hundred different honorary police badges or law enforcement badges, not just police but sheriff's departments. And now last night, the Secret Service during the State of the Union, let me play the audio for you.
Speaker 4: Again, and tonight, DJ, We're going to do you the biggest honor of them all. I am asking our new Secret Service Director, Sean Kurrn to officially make you an agent of the United States Secret Service.
Speaker 1: But this was the this was the ease, This was the layup of everything yesterday, and it was still hardiesting divided. Those are all GOP members of Congress that you hear clapping. That was crazy to me and I thought, well, surely at least the analysts would figure this out, but they didn't like they even leaned into it. MSNBC Rachel Maddow for.
Speaker 8: The record, And this is disgusting. The President made a spectacle out of praising a young man who serves thus far survived pediatric cancer, as if the President had something to do with that.
Speaker 9: This was in the midst of.
Speaker 8: Him praising dog doge cuts, among other things, have cut off funding for ongoing research into pediatric.
Speaker 1: Cancer, right and and you kind of expect it because it's Rachel Maddow, but you don't expect it on that considering everything else that was out there. And I was playing this cut right at the top of the hour. I want to play it again so you hear the transition this woman takes. All right, So this is one of the other MSNBC panelists. I want you to I want you to hear she's so she's in a position where she has to analyze this. And instead of just being like, well, no, that was nice. The young man's thirteen, he's uh, he's he's you know, he's put up this good fight with cancer and so he got an honorary Secret Service badge. This is let's move on to something of substance. But no, this was a great moment. Instead of just saying that we get this and I'm gonna I'll play the thing through because it's so insane every moment after about the twenty second mark.
Speaker 10: I think this was a lesson in finding one thing that you let yourself feel, and I let myself feel boy about DJ and I hope he's alive for another you know, ninety five years, right, And I hope he lives and the life he wants to live. He wants to be a cop. He knows what he wants to do, and maybe when you have childhood cancer that crystallizes for you. And I hope he has a long life as a law enforcement officer. But I hope he never has to defend the United States Capital against Donald Trump supporters. And if he does, I hope he isn't one of the six who loses his life to suicide. And I hope he isn't one who has to testify against the people who carried out acts of seditious conspiracy and then live to see Donald Trump pardon those people.
Speaker 1: How does your brain work like that? How do you go from he's thirteen, he was essentially given a death sentence, and he's overcome that prognostication by a factor of six times thus far. And you just hope that if he does keep beating cancer, he doesn't kill himself. That's the level of TDS that you were dealing with yesterday.
Speaker 2: Did you see the two Democratic congress women roll their eyes? Yes, Yeah, it was Debbie Dingle and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Speaker 1: I saw Wasserman Schultz, I didn't Debbie Dingle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were sitting right by each other, like side by side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just didn't know the other chicks name because I didn't care. But yeah, it just roll your eyes at that, which which shows you how powerful a moment it was, because when they're reacting like that, they realize that that's probably not good for what's happening for them right now. It was just remarkable. The whole thing was remarkable. It was coupled with that video that they all recorded different versions of, but all said the same thing. From a pr standpoint, was not a good day, and yesterday it was a day through the cras you probably could have made some hay right with all the teriff insanity that was going on. You got the video of them ripping Jack Daniels off the shelves that they've already paid for, by the way, just point that out. They've already bought it, already imported it, they have it in possession, So you're not costing Jack Daniels any money, I guess, unless you want to look forward to reorders. But as far as those bottles went, like this was your day and you could run around and you could do them and gloom and you could throw all this stuff out, and you could point to the stock market during inter day training and go, ah, look what's going on. This is crazy vat. He's destroying the economy in just six weeks. It's a new record. And some chose to do that. Others chose to roll their eyes at a thirteen year old cancer victim and feel like they had some sort of the moral high ground there. But that's what happens when he's hitting you with nothing, but you know, left right, left right, one thing after another will keep you know, switching it up. Get into all the different things that he ran on, all the different things that those is doing, all the little stories that just, you know, raise the hate in your heart. Man.
Speaker 4: I terminated the ridiculous Green News Dam. I withdrew from the unfair Paris Climate Accord, which was costing US trillions of dollars that other countries were not pairing. I withdrew from the corrupt World Health Organization. And I also withdrew from the anti American UN Human Rights Council.
Speaker 1: These are this is here's the thing about Trump. He's done so much that each of these things that he's undone had to incrementally be done by Democrats and Republicans in a lot of cases over the years, right to get to the size of the budget for said department and the ability to control the spending with you know, insane decisions that ends up with some of the stuff that you know Doge was talking about, and so it's one thing just to have the president undoing them. It's another thing entirely. And this is why we're asking the congressman about this. If they're able to get that funding then reflected in budgets going forward, because there's so much stuff that Democrats will have to do should they regain the White House and control of Congress, and you can't redo it fast enough. If they can get it financially enshrined in the budget is not being something we're funding anymore. So I understand why they're so mad. It's an absolute decimation, and it's because most Republicans, any Republican up to this point, they didn't have the stones to do it that fast. And who knows, maybe it blows up in Trump's face at some point. The public is fickle, But for now, that's what you're seeing. You're seeing everything that your last two generations of congressional members have accomplished just getting to rased, and so I understand the island.
Speaker 4: We ended all of Biden's environmental restrictions that we're making our country far less safe and totally unaffordable. And importantly, we ended the last administrations in saying electric vehicle mandate, saving our auto workers and companies from economic constructures.
Speaker 1: All right, So lots more to get to audio wise with the Trump's speech last night. But first raced agents here and he has a new microphone.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know if I'm excited. I just don't know if sounds fine.
Speaker 1: Ross, what are you think? Okay? Ross is the ultimate critic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, worse, no better? Right, Sometimes you can't even you can't even tell sometimes.
Speaker 2: In the headphone, in the headphones, that sounds very basy, but in the speakers and the monitors it sounds great.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, Basie is Yeah, it's funny one of your cronies, believe it or not. I won't mention any names in market number one. I'd add the same setup since COVID. Right, And to make a long story short, out of nowhere, all of a sudden, they were like some somebody started saying, oh, it doesn't sound and so I was like, well, let me just replace the mic and see what happened. So we'll see no other complaints. But you know you always got to serve number one, right, What.
Speaker 1: Do you mean, oh, market number one? Yeah, well I didn't know you are.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where you're talking about a little fun about that, But.
Speaker 11: It's all good. It's all good. So hopefully it's working okay because we've got some weather. They talk about the showers right now pushing through the Triangle Triad though to the west. Now, just seeing a severe thunderstorm warning pop up northwestern Yatkin County. That's for severe weather potentially winds to sixty miles per hour and maybe some small hell so you might see a little damage with that storm. Western Surrey, st Southeastern Wilson, northwestern Yatkin County until eight So Roaring Gap, near Buck Shoals, those are some of the areas that may be impact. At Swan Creek, Elkin another area that may be impact. And that storm's going north northeast, so you'll be next up near Mount area. Maybe northwestern Stokes County could get hit to and heavier rainfall and embedded thunderstorms coming through west to east here this morning, and occasionally on this line like we're seeing, we may get an isolated severe storm. There'll be some heavy rain and maybe even some stronger winds at times, and most of it should taper off this afternoon, but there is a wind advisory for non thunderstorm winds that could gust the forty plus miles per hour, and then we'll slowly start improving tonight, leaving us with sunshine tomorrow, a little mid fifties but a little breezy tomorrow, and then Friday probably the best of the next three as well. Thirdwood sixty partly sunny sky and the weekend up near seventy on Saturday and falling back to the fifties on Sunday. So case see everybody a little rough this morning. I think the worst of it's before noontime. Then we'll kind of focus on the non thunderstorm winds that could get gusty at times, but rain, maybe an occasional severe storm this morning going west to east, and then better weather, especially for Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 1: You gotta be easy for you today. Like half the radio guys I know are up in DC, for the Yeah yeah, n radio road stuff for what's going on.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, nice recognition for Mark and those guys to us saw for what had happened with Helene and yeah, a lot a lot of gang up there. So I don't do that anymore. I used to, but you know, budget cuts years ago, and oh they used.
Speaker 1: Yeah radio that I have to be up.
Speaker 2: I have to point out that half of Ray's because y'all didn't hear this. Half of Ray's forecast was cut off by the the EAS Weather Service. Okay, so he was per warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry fer NADOs.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, geez, I'm talking new mic and everything and you cut me off.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even get to Aaron Rodgers. Maybe going to the giants. We will do that in the next time. Gosh, all right, sure we got some thoughts. All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. All right, there you go, So Ray and eaes for you because that's what you get, all right, perfect, all right, seven forty eight, Hang on, Anthony, we'll get your call and more audio to come, all right, So just just a little disconnect real quick and then we'll get back to the Trump audio stuff here because I thought this was just hilarious. So I saw this on Twitter yesterday. Motorists in Michigan were freaking out, man, and uh so they they posted the video and pictures to social media. They sent complaints, they called police, and eventually a the department. I guess the wildlife department up there. I don't know if it's Game and Fish or Bureau of Line Manager, it doesn't matter, state Wildlife officials and eventually answered. So here's what they saw. You see a you know, Forard pickup truck. All right, I'll hang on, just seck somebody to send me a weird email. So it's a Ford pickup truck, you know, pretty standard Ford F one fifty new model, and sticking out of the back of it is a giraffe. Kind of It's like it's a half a giraffe, but you can't tell because the things all you see is the really long neck in the head of the giraffe and it's on a blanket and this guy's just driving down the road in it. So obviously, the logical assumption if you're on an interstate in Michigan somewhere is that some bubba saw himself a giraffe on the way to work and murdered the damn thing and is now openly parading I guess back to his home or something. This is what people thought, because people are dumb in reality, they and they issue the statement the guy who was hauling the giraffe as a taxidermist. The giraffe died of natural causes as a zoo and then this dude was hired to taxidermy it for a science in nature museum. It doesn't say which one, but one up in Michigan somewhere, and people saw it and he was hauling it literally to drop it off because he got done taxidermy in it. And so it's just from the shoulders up, as most mounts are for those who've seen a taxidermy critter, but when it's a giraffe, it's a pretty striking mount. But the guy didn't kill it's so why why how would you assume that would have ross? If you saw a giraffe on the way home today, like on White Street up there in wake Forest, Do you think you can just murder it, just just get out and you know, be like, oh, it's my eight finders keepers, I can go ahead and shoot this thing. Nobody thinks that and then once they told the moonbats what was up, like, hey, by the way, it's a taxidermy giraffe which died of natural causes. Then people got mad for them openly hauling it. So you just can't win, all right, Anthony, real quick, what's up?
Speaker 3: Hey? I watched the thing last night. I was watching all the pre game, and here there's talking about all his controversial picks, where they're only controversial because y'all don't like them. But the thing is I haven't heard enough of in this first part of his election is that spending didn't just get there from the Democrats and the Republicans. I picture them just standing behind Trump, pointing at the Democrats and making faces, you know, like you know, well your little brother would do when he went to his Franti's parents.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: Last night was fat Tuesday in New Orleans, although with the very same weather that literally interrupted our weather forecast with Ray because the as is going bonkers in Ross's studio this morning. Ross is in every county now that basically doom and gloom is coming to I'm not sure what we're up to. It's getting close, though.
Speaker 2: Pretty much like nearly all of us are under a tornado watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know that is that is something you need to be paying attention to. We'll talk to Ray coming up here in about forty forty minutes or so, just kind of reiterate what you need to think about. And especially for our friends east of the Triad there for excuse me, west of the Triad going up towards Elkin or Roaring Gap, maybe some really heavy rain, which is not things that we need in the North Carolina Mountains right now. So we'll stay on that. We'll stay on the Trump stuff. But I do have a few other things. Although did you hear the chief of police in New Orleans yesterday? I thought this if you've never been to Marty Grass, if you've ever been to Marty Graus, I should say, you'll understand why. I thought this was kind of funny. But she was doing a press conference basically telling people, hey, if you come to the French Quarter today, because we know you're going to because it's Fat Tuesday and you got beads and you want to see boobs and alcohols here, there's a few things that are going to be different. And this was basically the threat to try to dissuade people from showing.
Speaker 10: Up and guess one of the most important infrastructures is your porta potties.
Speaker 1: So pete before you come to the prey, right, So when you have bad weather, you have potential heavy rains and winds. They decided not to put the porter potties. Let me tell you, because I've been to Marty Gras, people ain't using them. I mean, sure they're using them, but they're mostly using the street. In fact, it's incredibly common and it's such a problem that they it's one of the big things that they actually arrest people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they really look out for that.
Speaker 1: And if you go in on a fat Tuesday, you're not getting adjudicated today. So if you got arrested for doing that yesterday, you're sitting there for a few days.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm pretty sure if you have enough beads they'll let you go.
Speaker 1: It's not true. It is not true. No, And it's hard man trying to find a bathroom. Sometimes you gotta like, you gotta be strategic about it. So yeah, but I don't think that I saw some photos it didn't look like you dissuaded any What if.
Speaker 2: You fall off the float into an alley and then pe yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know they're not running the floats right through the French Quarter, right, they have them overrun like canal just on the adjacent to Like when you're in the French Quarter, it's it's just other drunks that you're running over. So and then there's always at least one dude who's U Jesus carrying a giant cross up and down Bourbon Street literally all day every day? The one the other thing I noticed, but yeah, to who it gets? Uh, the smell is awful, quite awful, and that's just because porta potties weren't really in most people's plan, uh, regardless of what was going on. All right, Uh, let's see a couple other things here. Now I'm gonna get back to the Trump thing here in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well look at this. Who could have seen this coming? Uh? Boo Boovaya saar Bova. I don't even know how to pronounce this name. B E b u v A I s A r bvsar Satiev. Al Right, he's a Russian dude. Well, he was a Russian dude. H. Three times Russian Olympic Freestyling wrestling champion. Uh, pretty high profile there. They love him some wrestling over in Russia, and uh, he was able to parlay his athletic success into getting himself a seat in the Russian parliament, specifically the United Russia Party, which is Vladimir Putin's party. So that's yeah, that's a pretty good team to be on. He had a whoopsie though. Apparently he fell out of a window. Now, if there's one thing that pro athletes are known for Ross backed me up on this, it's their lack of balance, right, notoriously, notoriously lack of balance for literally world class athletes. So apparently he got too close to a third floor window and just you know, fell out, So Meteor describing it as premature and tragic. Apparently he'd had a little falling out with Putin. I'm sure that's just coincidental, had nothing to do with it. So but yeah, I add that to the big list of oil tycoons, businessmen, various executives, oligarchs, party leaders, military individuals. One of the COVID doctor ladies. Didn't she fall out of a window? All with very unfortunate window accidents, So where did it happen? It didn't happen in Russia though, well, anyway, he fell out of a window, So just to add that to the list. All right, let me get back to the Trump stuff here. Always curious when we see something like that too, you know, see if the mystery will ever be solved. So again, what you had yesterday is you had a nearly two hour speech and you had Trump literally spend like two three minutes on one issue going to the next one, and he went through like fifty of these and so trying to respond to that and figured out what you're going to do from an opposition standpoint, like they didn't have a plan for it other than some noisemakers, some interruptions which got Al Green, the congressman from Texas, literally removed from the chamber. And then he just had those awkward moments where it's like he can't even applaud a thirteen year old kid who's beaten cancer, who was given six months to live and is now six years into this And it was an absolute p R debacle, whereas Trump just sat up there and just kept talking about all the same stuff he's been talking about.
Speaker 4: I renamed the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America, and likewise I renamed for a great president. William McKinley, Mount McKinley again, could you get it?
Speaker 1: Was the thing, this holy thing. Yeah, well over the whole ap thing that just irritated me the most. Where aps like, we're not going to call it the Gulf of America. And it was pointed out that when Barack Obama unilaterally renamed McKinley Denali, they immediately snapped it into their style guide. So and of course he was going to make a point of it. One of the things I did see some of the Democrat pundits say that they was going to be kind of their core issue was Trump's attack on DEI and transgender issues, right, which they said was going to be a hallmark of this, and it looked it definitely was something they talked about, right. Remember, one of the special guests was a young woman from North Carolina who suffered a traumatic brain injury when she had a volleyball spiked into her head by a biological male she was competing against. And so now you got to figure out how you're going to go, and you're going to attack literally a high school girl.
Speaker 4: Man, We've entered the tyranny of so called diversity equity and inclusion policies all across the entire federal government and indeed the private sector at our military.
Speaker 5: And our country will be worked no longer.
Speaker 1: Again, it's just one thick hit after hit after hit. It's like a time Life album. There's one after another after another. And yes, he did get into it.
Speaker 4: Three years ago, Peyton McNabb was an all star high school athlete, one of the best, preparing for a future in college sports. But when her girl's volleyball match was invaded by a male, he smashed the ball so hard in Peyton's face, causing traumatic brain injury, partially paralyzing her right side and ending her athletic career. It was a shot like she's never seen before. She's never seen anything like it. Peyton is here tonight in the gallery and Peyton. From now on, schools will kick the men off the girls team, or they will lose all federal funding.
Speaker 1: And I saw yesday, you know, Wake County had a school board meeting and they were talking about this stuff like they have a choice, and I guess maybe they do. They just don't get any federal funds. I don't know how that works out for you. But again, this is why the speech was polling because on that issue, even though all the Democrats senators expressly rejected even having a cloture vote to take a vote on this issue, the fact is that it pulls in the sixtieth percentile, and it pulls positively with Democrats because it has been identified as a bridge too far. And so sitting there and rolling your eyes and figuring out how you're going to demonize a kid with cancer or a girl with a traumatic brain injury, and you think that that's going to be a successful play yesterday just just baffling to me. You're better off screaming about the eggs.
Speaker 4: Although he did talk, as you know, we inherited from the last administration an economic catastrophe and an inflation nightmare. Their policies drove up energy prices, pushed up grocery costs, and drove the necessities of life out of reach for millions and millions of Americans had.
Speaker 1: Never had anything like it.
Speaker 4: We suffered the worst inflation in forty eight years. But perhaps even in the history of our country, they're not sure. As President, I'm fighting every day to reverse this damage and make America affordable again.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden, especially let the price of eggs get out of control, the egg.
Speaker 2: Control.
Speaker 1: Dude. He's such a troll, man, he's such a troll. I'm here for it, don't get me wrong, but he's such a troll. And I don't know if he saw. He's literally looking right over at the Democrats when he said that, because that's their thing. They're running around the egg prices thing. Oh it's been that way for what you know, two weeks after he took the oath of office. And that was part of that stupid video that they filmed yesterday where twenty five different senators sat down and said the same thing, showing no unique thought or individualism, just a script in the same seated position, with the same little fluffy mic in front of him, so much so that you can just put him side by side that they released prior to the speed.
Speaker 4: I will immediately bring prices down starting on Watch's heart.
Speaker 1: Is getting worse. It's just so eerie and creepy, the whole lot of it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And yet that's what we saw yesterday. All right, a couple other things. We'll get some more audio here in just a moment. I never thought I would have to report this, but we're in this timeline, So let's do this. There's a report out that the guy who killed the healthcare ceo Luigi, And again I don't even know, I don't even know where the whether this this level of validity is appropriate to end up being in reports, but I'll at least put it out there. I hope it's not true because it's just so weird. So there's a report out that that Luigi dude may have filmed twenty porn movies before he died, obviously, or not before he died, before he was arrested, before before the murder. I should say, I have a quiet wasn't the whole thing? This dude's back was so jacked up that he couldn't do stuff, even though we found out it wasn't necessarily that particular healthcare system. How how do you how do you know any of those videos?
Speaker 2: It was specifically he was upset that he couldn't be sexually active. So were the police made before the back injury?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what is going on. I I hate when things I predicted are coming true. Or I just said, like everyone's saying every like a component for all the news stories and politics is going to be somebody's nudes, but like we're quickly getting there. And what's even creepier is you have all these women online like, oh, what's the link? You go look at that? So which I guess I'm a little less creeped out because like people looked at those Casey Anthony photos when they came out, and if you guys knew there were Casey Anthony photo, don't don't, No, the time has passed that would be inappropriate. But like we're just we're just so weird, man. But yeah, this like belies the whole thing because Ross is right, Like one of his main beefs was not only do I have a back injury, but they've been so unsuccessful in treating it, Like I can't even carouse anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh my back hurts, can't make porn, gunna murder ceo. Yeah, it's I guess that's the pathway here.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I'll let this, I'll let this story shake out a little more before I necessarily believe it all the way. But holy hell, all right, coming up on the show The Worst Parents Ever, I don't know. I mean, we've had some pretty bad ones. We've had parents who've tried to sell their kids for six packs of beer and math and stuff like that, or ten dollars. That happened locally. But now these are Disney adults, Man, these are Disney. This story to Rob Whiteside by the way, yes say, I'm like, what is wrong with your people? And He's just like, man, you got to you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: So I would love to hear I would love to hear Rob's perspective on that, because he's he he's like our corporate computer dude. And yeah, he's like one of the biggest Disney adults I know, Like he's at Disney like every other weekend.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what he said because I sent him the email and he sent sent something back. It was kind of dismissive here, But then I started thinking about what these parents are accused of doing, and I realized maybe they just didn't want to get the stroller stolen. Right, You just leave the stroller there and maybe somebody steals it. I mean, I know it's Disney, but that's got to be a concern there.
Speaker 2: So have you ever seen the Disney stroller parking lot, like where you put your strollers. It's insane.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I literally was going to tap your brain on this because I know nothing about it. I just know that this probably isn't a good idea. So we'll tell you what the parents were up to, and we'll get through more of the Trump's speech from last night. We've got lots more audio to get to, So busy back half of this hour coming up phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four back in just a few minutes. These are always fine, right twenty twelve y two? K any of the other hundreds that I'm missing out on? T remember when was the last time we had one of these where we're kind of holding our breath to see if it all ended. It's been a while, hasn't It been probably a few years. So I guess there's some really old book that the Vatican has, because that's how these things start. The Prophecy of the Popes, a twelfth century book contains a series of Latin phrases believed to describe, Oh, this is the one where the next pope's the last pope. That's what this is, all right? So do we have do we have an actual end date?
Speaker 2: Ross?
Speaker 1: When do you want the meteor to come, do you have asap? You want a few years? Get things lined out?
Speaker 2: I would probably prefer a few years. I want the bills to win first.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fair, that's fair. Okay, Well, according to this, it'll be in twenty twenty seven, so that's enough time for you guys to win, right, that's enough time for you guys to win and us to win.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's more than fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if we accomplish those two things were good, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's there what's left to live for after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, got those for us.
Speaker 2: I know there's a big one coming, like a prophecy in twenty thirty two where there's supposed to be some sort of alien invasion or something.
Speaker 1: Well, if the first but the thing happens is twenty twenty seven, then it will negate the.
Speaker 2: Three right, so one of them isn't true.
Speaker 1: That is so weird.
Speaker 2: There was a predicted alien invasion a few months back as well.
Speaker 1: Oh did I remember?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If I was asking, I didn't realize I missed one. So all right, So some people are putting pushing back, saying that it's probably not going to end then, so maybe uh, Ross's one is true. I don't know, all right, check this out bringing Disney adults men. So, so in in Los Angeles, this is Disneyland technically where this happened. Some parkovers became a little concerned after they noticed a stroller that was it was kind of tucked into this I don't want to say the shade, but away from stuff, kind of pinned between a building and a column, and then it had a blanket over the top of it. Well, they started seeing the blanket move, and so they go over and they're like, and there's a baby in there. Holy the cow, there's a baby where the parents And it was then that I guess the folks there who started filming realized that the parents had literally positioned the stroller there, covered the baby, and then went into a ride, just leaving the baby there, which I don't I don't know if that's protocol up at Disney. I'm not sure how that works. I would assume strollers are a problem.
Speaker 2: I don't say problem, but so so when you go there, every section of the park League, every different land has its own sort of like parking lot for strollers. So if you go to Tomorrowland, you'll see like a portion of tomorrow Land is set aside and it's just like a big parking park of strollers. And the first time we went there, I remember we went to the strolling parking lot whatever you call it. Near It's a small world. There's one there and I told Mark them, so what do we just we just leave our stroller. Here's like a two hundred dollars stroller.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: There's there's no ticketing system, there's no way to market, there's no pass, there's no you know, they don't give you some sort of thing you scan or anything. You just leave it there and you walk away and you come back and get it later. And sometimes it's really hard to find your stroller because like I said, there's dude, there's like hundreds of strollers and.
Speaker 1: People are moving them around. I'm sure when they're putting new ones. They do have not like it's not like a coach check for strollers. You're kind of on your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do have an attendant, if I'm remembering correctly, who will was kind of like, you know, make space for them or organize them. But there's no like it's just you drop it off and you pick it up. There's nothing well, unless your stroller gets stolen.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that though, because like, these are expensive strollers. But then someone would have to pay for parking, and then they'd have to go in the monorail or the if it's Disney World, right, the ferry, and then you'd have to wait in the line to get in and get padded down, and then you'd have to walk to that part of the park. You'd have to find a stroller you want, then you'd have to lug it all the way back. So and to get in the park is like super expensive. It probably wouldn't be cost effective or efficient to steal a stroller and try to make money that way.
Speaker 1: But if you want to keep people stealing it, leave a baby in right, because people are like, ah, like I can't. I was going to steal your car, but I see your toddlers, uh buckled in the back. Now, I'm not going to do that. That's too it would seem a natural deterrent.
Speaker 2: That's just completely crazy when it comes to the parents, because the parents are like, oh, we want to go on Space Mountain or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the ride was and half the time we don't get to know this. So the ride was the Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Okay, that's one of the big ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta be one hundred and two centimeters to ride it. So obviously a baby in a stroller camp and.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, we're at Disneyland and it's super safe because it's you know, for kids and stuff. So we'll leave the baby in the stroller. But have you seen the news when it comes to people busted for being pedophiles that work at Disney.
Speaker 1: Every time the sheriff of the county there in Orlando does one of those big usually you know, they do one of those big petos sweep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we arrested thirty today.
Speaker 1: Always a Disney employee in there, always. So is there a ride that's good enough to abandon your baby to get on?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: People Mover?
Speaker 1: Is there really a ride that's good You can bring a baby on the people Mover? I mean you can, yes, Oh okay, all right, but maybe you don't want it. Maybe you want a nice, quiet people mover experience. You know, I'm not doing roller coasts or so I'll do the people Mover all day. Just sit down.
Speaker 2: Yeahm right there.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right. Yeah, so then people started tweeting about seeing the parents go in there and all of that. Let me and hold on, I look this up. Guardians of the Galaxy has one hundred and two centimeter height requirement. However, they do offer the quote, what is the writer switch option? What is the writer switch option?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? You know what that is? It just says for guests with children too small? So basically they get a half asked version of the ride. Well that's just rob I don't know what that is. Yeah, so you get a kind of ride just because you have a baby. That's not fair. Nah, get your kid over there with the blanket over it? Which does it at all trap heat during a nice sunny day? You absolute lunatics? So yeah, yeah, it's probably probably not all right? Let me uh oh look at this all right? Is Racetagic ready to go? I got some serious weather coming in. I'm just looking at this. Would you check and see if he's already there? All right, because now we got to forsyfe and some other stuff. All right, we're going to talk to Ray here in just a moment. Sorry to flip the gear, serious there, he just sent Ray never sends me emails, so all right, well let me in my year, let me know when he's there. Disney has not publicly addressed the video, and it's unclear actually what happened. I you know, I'm assuming the parents came back, right, and now you've got all the people standing around videoing this thing that are just waiting to scold the parents. So actually, surprise, there's not video of a bunch of angry do gooders at Disney screaming at the parents. By the way, I'm not defending the parents. That's absolute lunacy to just abandon your kid there because you really want to go on the ride. But either way, man, oh and here we go. Yeah, so children in the age of seven must become blah blah blah. Al right, so I'll never go on this ride, so I don't need to know. All right, raced things are getting little crazy man, so yeah, uh, sanity for sight care stuff now, so let's get into it.
Speaker 9: What do we got.
Speaker 11: It's not that it's great news, but at least the tornado warning for Forsyth County has now been changed over to a severe thunderstorm warning, so either way, dangerous storms continued to come through and now into Rockingham County. Uh, they've extended a severe thunderstorm warning and now they've even just extended it into Guildford County too, so they're try it getting hit pretty hard right now with severe weather. If you are in any of those areas in and around let's say, uh, High Point, Winston Salem down to Thomasville, and even areas further south of that. That's where the line is right now, pushing into Randolph County and continuing to head on off toward the east Alamantier next eventually Chathaman across across Triangle here over the next hour too, so be prepared. There is a tornado watch now, so on this line casey, we may see some of these storms spin up and not only go potentially severe with winds to sixty, but there may be some isolated tornado warnings as we've seen already this morning. Just another tornado warning is pop now. That's Reunion County down south southwest into Piedmont. So that storm also near Lake Park, moving pretty quickly at about fifty five miles per hour, so be ready. Over the next couple of hours, already in the triad heading eastward the triangle, some dangerous weather on the way. There's also wind advisory maam, some gusty winds even outside of storms, potentially to forty plus miles an hour. The good news, though, I think the storm threat ends around lunchtime earlier to the west, a little bit later to the east of the triangle, and then sudd'll be back with lit mid fifties tomorrow, near sixty Friday, and then over the weekend we're near in seventy degrees Saturday, and then cool off a little bit Sunday. So some dangerous weather here. Multiple warnings actually lining up from southwest Virginia right on down towards South Carolina near the Triad. Most of them are through and down near Charlotte. Most of these are severe thunderstorm warnings, but occasionally, like we're seeing, we do have some isolated tornado warnings too, So you need to take action as these storms pushed out off toward the east.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well there we go. So basically if you can hear the sound of our voice was probably going on for you. All right, all right, thank you, chat with you tomorrow, appreciate it. There you go round to Pagic and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News Next.
Speaker 2: Well Morning, Casey.
Speaker 12: Wall Street is coming off its worst two day slump since December. The futures have given up most of their earlier gains. Right now, the S and P futures are up three points, Nasdaq futures are up forty four, the Dow futures are down fourteen. Private employers slowed the pace of hiring last month. According to ADP, companies added just seventy seven thousand workers to pay rolls in February. That fell far short of Wall Street expectations. Investors and economists thought we'd be hearing that about one hundred forty thousand jobs were created. A lot of would be home buyers and current homeowners came off the sidelines when mortgage interest rates used last week. Mortgage bankers report total application volume increase more than twenty percent for the week as the average interest rate and a thirty year fixed strate home loan ticked down to six point seventy three percent. Pay television providers keep waiting for cord cutting to bottom out, but that has not happened yet. Bloomberg Intelligence projects more than five million subscribers will cut the cord this year. Eroding the total number by another eight percent. The industry has lost nearly thirty five million users since twenty fifteen. Whalt Disney is cutting jobs at ABC and its other entertainment television networks, and internal memo indicates about two hundred employees, most of them based here in New York, will be getting the bad news today. Apples, hoping to keep demand for its tablets growing, the company introduced new souped up models of its iPad air device. They're powered by faster chips, and there are eleven inch and thirteen inch versions. Retro sneakers are in demand. They've given Adidas a nice boost. The German sportswear brand has boosted its profit outlook for the year and said it will expand its line of the hot selling footwear. In casey have to mention here that we're reporting today from the Fidelity Bloomberg Business Desk. I hope you like the surroundings here.
Speaker 1: In fact, is it new? Is it different? Are you in some other place or.
Speaker 12: A virtual a virtual difference place?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thank you very much. Do appreciate it. Jeff, okay, you too, take care there you go. Oh science, all right, I ad a couple of science stories here, I'm I don't know, I don't know if I'm buying this. So, but this dude is This is Jeremiah Colson's professor at to Oxford and in fact is considered one of the leading publishers of peer reviewed articles for having to do with extraterrestrials. He is a theoretical biologist on top of things. So he's speculating what aliens may look like based on you know, science that's out there, So take it for what it's worth. Ross I was reading this. Do you know what he believes is the most likely body type of intelligent life in the universe that could potentially come visit us. And by the way, he doesn't think it's gonna go well, but do you know what they He thinks they most likely look like I.
Speaker 2: Like to think that they're like human form, like we wouldn't even know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got a little human form, the grays. Those are pretty popular, right, that style that's its own thing. Yeah, some of the lizard people, but no, none of those things. According to Professor Coulson, he says the most likely the most likely scenario is they look like Jaba, the hut I don't like that.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not afraid of that.
Speaker 1: You're not afraid that dude just put everyone in carbon, know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's amazing he coming with like all of his followers or is it just like Jaba, because if it's him, he's like fat, lazy and get away from that dude. I can run run away from him.
Speaker 1: Apparently not. How does everyone get dumped into that giant thing.
Speaker 2: Because of his followers. He sits there and just he's fed whatever it is, he eats it.
Speaker 1: So you you you you're gonna you can't body shame him body positivity.
Speaker 2: Man, No, that's the thing of the past. Calling fat people fat is back.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, they're gonna give put him in a Dove commercial.
Speaker 2: Even Lizzo is like, no, I was fat. Oh okay, so we're not. We're done with that.
Speaker 1: Although here's where it gets more terrifying. Uh when when he goes deeper he called he said that they are likely to be bloated, slow moving blobs. However, however, uh, don't sleep on him because he also theorizes that they use mechanical apparatus them.
Speaker 2: So it's Mecca, that's mech job of the Hut that's different. So they're bringing like tech with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well obviously if they're coming here, they would need tech, right, you'd have tech to get here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so are you are you.
Speaker 1: Concerned about mecha job of the Hut that might be different?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think everyone's going in the carbonac there. So what a weird what a weird thing to be as leading theory. I'm not even following really as logic on some of this, uh said. The professor says, Well, most people would envision a sexy seven foot blue Amazonian. Well not necessarily. I think you just watched Avatar too many times, Sarah.
Speaker 2: I'm not really on that, but I didn't have Job of the Hut on a Bengo cra It's so weird to think that they'd be like giant blobs like floating in space, or like just morbidly obese aliens, like is it like Wally where they were?
Speaker 1: What he's talking about is basically, if there's a society that lives in space just because of what we know that space does to like human bones, right.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, or it's sort of like I don't know if you ever saw that because you know you don't have kids, but like the Disney movie Wally, where yeah, there is space so long they sort of like become really super fat and hanging out in their space chairs all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So really, Americans are just at the forefront of future space travel right over at the Old Country Buffet. The ones I see over there, like those are just astronauts waiting to happen. They're ready to go. Yeah, this dude's all in on the They're all fat blobs there, so oh man, that's gonna suck like cub popping out of there, especially with the mechanical side of it and real quickly. Scientists have genetically engineered mice with wooly mammoths, but they did it the wrong way. I wanted a mouse the size of a wooly mammoth, but instead they just they like geo splice the hair. So now you have these mice that have wooly mammoth hair and look metal