Speaker 1: Which position will rise up tonight's draft board in the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament, How is the latest around the NFL going to affect tonight's draft order, And which one, if any of these drafters is going to be the winner of the one million dollar FFPC Big Gorilla Grand Prize in twenty twenty five. We've got live coverage of the FFPC Big Gorilla tonight as twelve players battle it out to try and win one million dollars courtesy of the FFPC. This year, we've got a great show for you. Dave Turpoli is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now. The pressure I've seen broadcast live and horder rauld the world.
Speaker 2: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your host Era Bolfman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now because no one else was available. Here are Eric Bolfman and Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob, greetings and sabitations to all of you. Alcoholics and for Rellix tuning in. Welcome to the latest episode of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com. I'm your slightly above average host, Eric Balkman. My co host is Dave Tripoli, who you can follow on the X Tonight at Dave Turp, sitting in for Farrell Elliott, who has the night off coming up. On tonight show, we have live coverage of the f FPC Big Guerrilla Draft tonight. Twelve players are going to be battling it out to try and determine which one of them is going to win a million dollars this year. It's gonna be a lot of fun. If you want to connect with us on X, please do so at a chess ff our at Eric Balkman at Dave Turp always learn more about the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFFC dot com. You can post on our Facebook page at Facebook dot com slash HSFFO, or you can email the show at high Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com as well. If you have any questions for us, send them in now. Now is the time to send them. We'll get all the chat room questions all the tweets and all the emails in the Fantasy Feedback segment later on in the show, thanks to our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob. If you are paying attention to the FFPC, or if you're not, I'm going to tell you this right now. The FFPC big Gerrilla Tournament is what we're covering tonight. A million dollar grand prize is at stake. If you want to enter and compete against these guys, you can do so. Three hundred and fifty dollars is going to get you in. You're going to get a fifty dollars discount after every third team that you enter. Drafts already running right now, including the seven Bananas promo which we've awarded, the over two dozen free FFPC Bestball Tournament teams, and three free f FPC Main Event teams. If you keep getting that seven pick multiple times in a row in the FFPC Big Grilla, We're gonna continue to give you free teams, including but not limited to what I already said, the ten thousand dollars High Society Draft. You're gonna get that comped and a free jungle Safari for four. If you get it five times in a row, that's it. In my FFPC dot com. Our flagship event is going on my f FPC dot com. That is our main event, million dollar grand prize there, six million dollars plus prize pool. You have slow drafts and live drafts going on right now at my FFPC dot com. We play the FFPC Superflex and Classic Bestball tournaments right now. A three hundred thousand dollars grand prize in the Classic tournament with a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize runner up place. That's never something we've offered before. We're offering it this year. And then one hundred thousand dollars grand prize to the thirty five dollars entry Superflex Bestball, Attorney drafts going on thirty second, sixty second, two to hour, and six hour clocks and Dynasty Star Art ups. We'll go from one hundred dollars all the way up to five thousand dollars. Over the last fifteen years, we've had two thousand plus leagues. None have ever folded in fifteen years. My FFPC dot com. Remember to like to this, like this video, subscribe to the channel comments on the video, share it with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be next Thursday. More to come on that later on in the show, I want to bring in tonight's fill in co host. You're going to see a lot of them during pros orsus Joe's. You saw a lot of them on Wednesday Night with FFPC live Bestball Draft coverage with Aidan lccory and of course Brian Drake from Fantasy Points Series six M Fantasy Sports Radio. He's with us again tonight, Ladies and gentlemen. You follow him on Twitter at Dave terp He is Dave Turpoli Dave. Good evening and welcome. How's it going, man, it's going great.
Speaker 3: I missed you.
Speaker 1: I missed you too. I miss it's been a minute. It's it's been a minute. But I'm glad to have you on. I can't wait. In a couple of weeks, you and I will and Ferre will be cranking out a lot of pros versus Joe's drafts. Yes, we will coming up done to night or something. Farrell is off tonight. I didn't ask him what he was doing, but he's got a lot of Farrell always has a lot of pokers in the fire, So I don't ask. I can't. He's like, I can't, mat Balky, I can't make it to not but you can get Yeah, he has a VIP, but we get you on tonight. We also get this draft board on tonight. I'm gonna bring it up right now again. This is uh we have moving, It is moving, it is moving fast. We have twelve teams competing for a million dollar grand prize. We're already through the first round tonight. I'm gonna bring it up right now, Turp and tell everybody who is drafting in this league tonight. From the number one spot, we have Gary Broad's Nicky Palmer two taking Jamar Chase at the one oh one. We have loved my Aubrey. That is Frank Imbornoni's squad. He takes Justin Jefferson at the one o two. B Jon Robinson is the selection for NYJ seventy four. That's Thomas O'Brien's team at the one oh three. Thomas O'Brien, you might remember, drafted on these here airwaves on June sixteenth for the FFPC Big Gorilla. So he is the only drafter we have that was in both of these drafts. The June sixteenth one and then obviously tonight, he takes Bijon Robinson at one o three. The one oh four pick is Saquon Barkley to Michael Melberg and Wayne Nubert. If Michael Melberg sounds familiar, it's because he is defending champ of the Fantasy Pro Championship now the Big Gorilla Championship. He is drafting in the cleanup spot tonight, so and we might hear from him tonight too, which is really good to find out how he spent that million and how he's trying to win a million dollars again this year. Jamiir Gibbs goes to Steven Ergalos Fantasy Sopranos at the one oh five tonight, who is making some T shirts that we will more than likely be distributing in Las Vegas at Paris Casino this year for the hsffour fans. He is drafting a one to five. He takes Jamier Gabs Ceedee Lamb off the board to scoops On Beverly A. J Petco ends up taking Ceedee Lamb there tonight at the one oh six. The Hooterville Arnolds. We have Bob again drafting tonight, longtime FFPC player, longtime kf KF FFS player. He is drafting in the seventh spot. He ends up going with Brock Bowers the first tight end off the board tonight. In this tight end premium format. Demetrios Geekas ends up going with Malik Neighbors at the one to white, followed by Puka Nikua to Alex Bolazzo's Rhinos. The Minnos right after the Rhinos, that's Jeffrey Osborne's team. He takes Christian maccapery at the one ten. Devon a Chan who I'm sure we'll get into in a little bit here, Terp. Devon a Chan goes to David Krupsky and Ken Hillenbrand killibrand excuse me at the one eleven tonight in the Monro Saint Brown to Tom Smith to round up the first round tonight. Tom Smith a long time FFPC player and kf f FC player. Let's flip it all the way back to one oh two. You had Frank gam Bornoni having a decision here, Terp, between Bijon Robinson and Justin Jefferson. He goes with Jefferson. I know Frank drafts a lot of teams. Maybe this was a correlay of like, hey, I already got a lot of Robinson. I don't have enough Jefferson. I'm gonna go with Jefferson here. What do you make of the pick here with Jefferson over Beijon Robinson.
Speaker 3: I see no issue with it whatsoever. You know, I like to pick.
Speaker 4: To me, it would be Robinson. But you know, if I was drafting one team, I'd probably take Robinson. But he drafts a ton of teams. So you got to mix up your exposure, especially early on, you know, getting the guys like Jefferson, Robinson, you know, Barkley, Lamb Gibbs, if you're a fan Bowers, you got to put in there, you know, and just try to mix up the exposure a little bit because you don't want to get burned fading people in the first round. You know, if you're doing one team, get your guy. But if you're not, these guys are all here for a reason. Yeah, they could get hurt, and there's a lot of things that could go wrong, but you don't want to get burned fading the guy, like you know, Saquon Barkley, because if he does what he did last year, you're in trouble for just totally fading him because the guys around him probably not gonna put up the same numbers and you're gonna be left in a big world to hurt.
Speaker 1: So urp let me this too. Brock Bowers tonight falls to the one oh seven. How high would you consider drafting him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: In an FFPC draft? Does he fall into the conversation at one o two or one o three? Or are you fading him a little bit? Not for me?
Speaker 3: I mean I probably would fade him just a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean that doesn't mean I won't be taking I had a best ball draft last week and I took him one oh six. I think it was so not a not a fade type of situation. But you know, I just like some players just a little bit better than him. I think tight ends extremely deep. I think quarterbacks extremely deep. I think there's a lot of guys that you can get a little later that can offset Bowers a little bit. I mean, obviously Bowers and McBride, you can argue that back and forth through the top tight end is that should be drafted. But I like where McBride's going just a little bit more than Bowers. I think the guy when you're talking about Bowers, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna fade him. But you know where he's being drafted just a little bit longer, Like if he moves down a little bit more, which he won't, I'll have more so I'll probably be even with the field. But nothing, nothing crazy. I just there's just a little bit, you know, less to worry about when it comes to McBride in my question, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: So the other thing I want to talk about here in the first round, you had a teammate taking that's Demetrio's geekis he ends up going with Malik Neighbors over Pooka Nakula. In all my heart, I would fall in with geekas on this taking Neighbors over Nicula. However, Terp in one draft I just did in the kff C, I took Nicoula over Neighbors. Do you have a strong pull neighbors versus Nikoula in the mid to late first.
Speaker 4: Round it's a lean toward neighbors, not you know, by a con in any matter, I'll have both, you know. But the thing that scares me about Pooka. Is DeVante Adams on the other side, you know he's no slouch obviously. You know you saw even with you know a dusty Aaron Rodgers last year, he still you know, got there. So where DeVante Adams is being drafted, I much prefer than where Pooka's being drafted. So to me, it's his neighbors. I don't see a world where neighbors doesn't get every target he wants, you know, whether it's from Russell Wilson, whether it's from Winston who I pray it's from, or the rookie Jackson Dart Stables coaching for his job. And there's nobody that's anywhere close.
Speaker 3: To them like neighbors on that field. So to me, you know he.
Speaker 4: Should get every manufactured target you can get. And you know he is a top, top, top talent in this league. So the neighbors from me over Poka?
Speaker 1: Do you is there anything with Nikua as far as you know, Like, we know how good he can be when he's right, but the way he plays the game, and we've we've seen how he plays the game with no respect to his body whatsoever, right, And I think that that that gives you a pause, but you know how high the ceiling could be with Nikua.
Speaker 4: The ceilings, the ceilings a monster. I mean, you've seen, you know, Puoka have those games that just you know, separates you, you know, whether it's a head to head game or you know you're looking at the sprant at the end of the season. He's definitely a guy that you know, has the ability to put up that monster, monster score that everybody's looking for. But you know, he there's no Davante Adams. There wasn't no Davante Adams there and kyn Williams. You know, is whether you like him or not, he's gonna get a ton of carries. And you know they obviously drafted Ferguson, who they like a lot, who might.
Speaker 3: Not you know, get there right away.
Speaker 4: But you know, as the season goes on, if he continues to progress, you know, they have other guys outside.
Speaker 3: Of outside of Hoop of this kitty.
Speaker 4: So it's I'm not sitting here, but in the first round, if I'm gonna have to put a fade word on somebody, Hooker would be it probably my top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have we have the dizzel chiming in.
Speaker 3: On Youtubell have a good dizzel tweet.
Speaker 1: Neighbor's ceiling is unknown, and it's true. I mean, we saw what he did last year with lack of good quarterback play. He's gonna get Russell Wilson figures crossed Jamis Winston.
Speaker 3: And then everybody wants Jameis Winston.
Speaker 4: If Jameis Winston is the quarterback, Neighbors should be probably going up there as wide receiver too.
Speaker 1: The second round is complete, so is the third. I want to take us through the second round here, some standout picks here. Tom Smith the young youngs takes Brian Thomas at the two to one. Ashton genty has fallen into sort of this one two turn pick right now term he goes right now to Team eleven. That's Krupski and Hill and Brand here as they pair him with Devon a Chan the second tight end off the board of the Minnows at the two oh three, Trey McBride, you're looking at Derrick Henry, Drake, London, A J. Brown, Nico Collins, Rashie Rice is sending all the way up to the two. Await tonight to Steven Rgalo's team. The Fantasy sopranos.
Speaker 3: You're looking must Scott Barrett tweet right exactly.
Speaker 1: What was that? By the way, So yeah, David Chow chiming.
Speaker 4: In percent sure it was. The actual person in that video was Elijah Moore. Oh okay, So what I saw, like, you know, I didn't like look at that hard, but based off some of the comments and then a couple of things I saw on Twitter, it was not Rushie Rice.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, got it, got it, got it, got it, all right. So that's people like.
Speaker 4: Scott Barrett was on our know a couple of weeks ago. Extremely smart guy and you know, extremely funny as it is. I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there you go. There, there you have it there, and then the remainder of the second round George Kittle, and then you're looking at Bucky Irving and then Jonathan Taylor to Team one here to round out round round two. So let me ask you about a few players in this round here, Turp, and we'll get into our first guests coming up in a little bit here tonight, Derrick Henry Tonight that the two oh four I have been fading Derrick Henry Henry for years and I've always paid the price for it. Am I gonna pay the price for fading Derrick Henry again in twenty twenty five, you.
Speaker 4: Might, but I'm gonna join you, and I'm gonna fade him too. I just one of these years is gonna happen. It's you know, it's hard because the Ravens are extremely good team. They should have a lot of positive game scripts, which means Derek Henry is gonna get a ton of ton of work later in the game just to you know, kill the clock or whatever.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 3: Nobody but him that you really worry.
Speaker 4: About, You think Keithon Mitchell, you don't know Justice Hill, you know what he is, so you know, Lamar Jackson obviously gonna steal some.
Speaker 3: But to me, I'll just take some of those receivers.
Speaker 4: I'll take devon Ah Chain, you know, I just pray McBride obviously, I'll take all those guys over him and just you know, build my whether it's my running back too, if I started, you know, Bijon Barkley, Gibbs, McCaffrey or a chain, and then just fill fill the running back position somewhere else, because yeah, he has twenty touchdown upside he does, But I mean he's gonna fall to cliff here the way he runs sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna make the bet.
Speaker 4: I'll have, you know, two three percent all things considered, just to have some protection. But I'm probably out on him too. I'm gonna join you on that train.
Speaker 1: What do you make of Rashid Rice here to a guy who's really been rising up draft boards? He goes to Steven Rgalos tonight to pair with Jamiir Gibbs. I don't like the idea here. It sounds like Rashie Rice's suspension is not gonna happen until twenty twenty six. We know how good he was until he had that knee injury last year, but we also understand paying a premium for him as well. Are we paying too much with Steven Hergalos paid tonight at the tool weight or is that still a good value to you? Is that? Is that still a sticker price that Dave Tripoli is willing to pay in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: It worries me. I'm not gonna sit here and say that I'm not a Rice guy.
Speaker 4: I have plenty of rice early in drafts got him a little bit better price than he's going now. I don't see there being any way that he doesn't get moved up even more. Like let's just say all things are positive, and he's starting, you know, week one, one hundred percent, Like, yeah, you see all these videos and stuff, but like, let's just say all the positive. You know, he's not getting suspended, none of that stuff. By the time we drafted at Paris in September, I could see him being getting close to that one two turn. I mean, you saw what the ceiling could be early last year. You know, he was he was on, you know, early on, the best fantasy pick right there with Chris Godwin early on, and then they both had you know, real, real bad injuries, and things just kind of hit the hit the wall. But I just it's it's hard not to like the situation. I'm buying the Chiefs this year. I'm buying the passing game. I'm buying you know, Rice Worthy, Mahomes, not Kelsey, not Hollywood Brown, especially in the gorilla format. But I see, I see why he's being he's being drafted. But you also have to put in your brain that if you're drafting a ton of teams a lot of teams got Rashid Rice way better price. And now by the time he's late July early August and the positive, positive stuff keeps coming, he's gonna keep rising. So you gotta weigh that out. If you're a one person draft, hey take him, go ahead. But when you're in a ton of ton of leagues, you'll mixing some exposure. But it's it's it's tricky because his price is I'm gonna get higher. He's gonna start going over A. J. Brown, He's gonna start going over Drake London and maybe getting into territory where he's just way, way too expensive. He's probably expensive for me right now. But you know I'll still have him. I'll still take him because I love the talent.
Speaker 1: Turp. I want to welcome in our first guests of the Night, longtime FFPC KFFSC players. They are drafting tonight from the seventh spot. Uh the co owners of the Hooterville Arnolds franchise Tonight, Bob Hogan and of course his grandson Hudson, who is still awake. I want to get him for Hudson had to go to bed tonight. Bob and Hudson welcome in guys, how are we doing tonight?
Speaker 6: We're doing pretty good.
Speaker 7: We just did an underdog draft and we're working on our six hour slow draft with KFFC.
Speaker 6: So we've been drafting like crazy tonight.
Speaker 3: Six hour slow drafts. God, bless you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what I'm I'm doing the same thing, Turf. I love it. Bless you too, Hudson, Hudson, what's been your what's your what's your day been like? Drafting with Grandpa here?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's been pretty good.
Speaker 1: You're loving every minute of it. Right. Yeah. So guys, as I look at your team, as you just took Courtland Sutton, let's talk about him. First rainbow start for you guys, tight end, wide receiver, running back, quarterback. You guys get Sutton here in the fifth round at the five oh seven. Talk a little bit about what you think Sutton's fantasy prospects is going to be in year two of Bo Nicks, year two of Sean Payton, and year two of quite frankly not having a whole lot of other receivers threatening him for targets. I like this pick for you, guys, Bob.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sutton did a lot of good for me last year and kind of slowed down towards the end, but I had him on several teams. Of course, I got him a lot later last year than getting him this year, but he is someone that I have liked for a long time now. Hudson really liked the Philadelphia stack that we got there, and you'll notice we jumped up and took Hurts ahead of Jayde and Daniels.
Speaker 3: I approve.
Speaker 1: Well. And that's the thing I guess I have to ask you, Bob and and Hudson, you can weigh in on this too. If you did not get a J. Brown in the second round, would you have still taken Jalen Hurts there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh, if we didn't get a J. Brown, I don't think we would have taken Hurts.
Speaker 1: Now would you have taken Daniels there? Or some are a different position.
Speaker 8: I don't really I'm not.
Speaker 9: Have taken Daniels.
Speaker 3: I don't really know, smart kid.
Speaker 7: One thing he talked about doing was picking up Jalen Hurts and DeVonta Smith instead of if we didn't get Brown, but we had the option of taking Nico, which kind of would have been my choice.
Speaker 6: But but Hudson likes uh, likes a J. And uh uh and Jay, so we went with his choices this time of year.
Speaker 1: You don't, You don't, but Hudson if I can, because I know people will will analyze this. Why do you like AJ Brown? And I guess, I guess you know. The The easy response is, well, Philadelphia can't run as much as they did last year. They're gonna have to throw more. Is that why you like Brown over Collins? Or is there a different rubric that you're looking at here? Why AJ Brown is the better pick over Nico Collins in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 8: I liked you and Hirst more than Nico Collins in five because uh A J.
Speaker 1: Brown.
Speaker 8: I thought he.
Speaker 3: Gets a lot of catches, Yes, Collins.
Speaker 8: Last year he had to share the ball a lot with uh, Tank Dell and Stefan Diggs, so I think he will. He might be a little bit better this year. I think forty. But I still like AJ.
Speaker 1: More than Brown. Well so does turt Mark. Herp is a big AJ Brown fan, so he is going to support that. Bob, let's talk about Amar and Hampton. The pick that you made at the three oh seven tonight. I keep hearing, you know, from a lot of putinens out there that Hampton's going to be the guy that you won in your team, because you might start off slow with Donjay Haret, But do you believe that Hampton's going to be the guy that's going to be carrying the water for the Chargers at the end of the season.
Speaker 7: Well, I think Hampton has two good eyes right now, and I'm not sure that Nase actually has two eyes that work.
Speaker 1: Good point, excellent point.
Speaker 3: So a lot of rumors going out there.
Speaker 6: That might help Hampton early in the season.
Speaker 7: And what I was telling Hudson we just drafted him an underdog, is that if Hampton gets the early go and he does well, he could just he could just run with it all year. We also just took Judkins, so we are deeply involved in rookie running backs.
Speaker 1: So to put a button on the Chargers conversation if that happens, you know, with Hampton, where if he takes over sooner rather than later. It's not like the Chargers gave up all this cash to get Naja Harris. They signed up early in free agency, but it's not a ton of financial investment that they made in him. So it's easy for Harris to sort of assume a one b or quite frankly, a backup role if it happens. The Judkins pick, Bob, I think is more interesting here because we heard reports that Jerome Ford might be the starter to open the season. Obviously, they double tap the position in the draft, getting Dylan Sampson as well as quinch on Judkins. You guys are Judkins believers at the six oh six? Can you share some insight on why you think Judkins was the right pick for your number two running back on the squad.
Speaker 7: Everything I hear is that Jerome Ford all of his analytics from last year were worse than his success rate for fantasy and that that he really is just not a superstar, and Judkins very well could be. I'm not overly concerned about Dylan Sampson other than than picking Sampson as well as Judkins tells me that Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Isn't all that sould on jeroom Forward either.
Speaker 7: The only thing I will say is I've got Ford on a couple of my six Dynasty teams, so I wouldn't mind too much if he comes there.
Speaker 1: Hudson, You're getting a lot of love. I keep I keep throwing up all the comments here on the on the YouTube, Alex P. Keaton, Joe King, Adam Hahn, uh Dave Scioto, all all chiming in on. Just loving your analysis here tonight, guys, I'm gonna I'm gonna leave you with this. You're coming up here at the Let's see what pick is this? This is gonna be the seven, seven oh seven, and I'll have you make this pick live on the air. We're at the seven oh three right now. I think we can get there for you. You're looking at Hampton and Judkins as you're two running back. Here's the great thing, the one Z positions. You already have a quarterback in Jalen Hurts. You will already have Brock Bowers at the one oh seven, which I thought was good value here, and you have aj Brown and Courtland Sutton Hudson. I'll throw this question to you, when you sat down with your grandpa here and try to figure out this draft, did you have a set strategy going in or you're kind of taking this pick by pick and seeing what the other guys were doing in this draft. Uh?
Speaker 8: I was kind of taking it more pick by pick to see what other guys were doing in this draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you look at what they have been doing here. You obviously have left yourself a lot of flexibility here. You could go running back, you could go receiver, you could quite frankly go tight end if you want it. I don't know if that's what you guys are going to do. I don't think you'll go quarterback here. But as you're in the hole here and looking at the seven oh seven, Hudson, do you have a player or position in mind that you think you want to try to shift your grandpa into believing like, hey, this is the player we need here coming up.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking we're gonna probably need uh, either Chris Godwin or Jordan Addison.
Speaker 1: Godwin or Addison here. So he's looking at receiver, Bob, do you concur here because you can honestly, you're at we're at the seven oh six. You guys are gonna have the opportunity to draft both of these guys, or at least one of these guys. Is that we are looking at here at the seven oh seven, grabbing a third receiver in the seventh round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: Uh, Pachecko would be the other option as a possibility.
Speaker 6: And we are on now, but I think we'll go with Addison.
Speaker 7: I'm a little surprised Hudson didn't say Andrews because being more we're from by Louisville.
Speaker 6: He's a big lamar fan.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you're on the clock. You got forty five seconds. All these guys are available, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Pichecko, Chris Godwin, you guys end up going made the right pick with Jordan Addison. Turp approves, Bob. Why was Addison the right pick here for you?
Speaker 7: Well, you know I hate picking a wide receiver to as a starter in fantasy, but you know he's wide receiver too behind the best receiver of this generation. UH, and so that he's really a one A. Even though Jefferson is awesome man. Last year he showed that he showed that he could come through. UH. A little concerned about whether JJ McCarthy will actually be an NFL quarterback. You never know what you see a guy play, but they had enough confidence in him they let Donald walk.
Speaker 6: So you know Minnesota's.
Speaker 7: Offense is UH is going to be a steamroller this year, and I think they'll be throwing the ball even more with UH with Jenes getting a year older.
Speaker 1: UH, you love to see it a grandfather and grandson going for a million bucks in the FFPC. Big tell him that.
Speaker 6: I told him it was five thousand and he get half.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen, a million million dollars, Hudson. I may have misspoke, but know this that you will have all the candy suckers, comic books and DVDs if the kids still watch DVDs nowadays that you want. If you guys are able to pull this, yeah, you're probably Yeah, Netflix subscriptions or whatever it is. Guys, thanks so much. This was a treat having both of you guys on Bob and Hudson Hogan hanging out with us tonight. Good luck the rest of the way. Good luck in all your drafts, and Bob, I promise you we will hook up on a dynasty trade in KFFSC one of these days. There's got to be a pairing out there. We'll figure it out. Thanks so much for being a part of the broadcast.
Speaker 7: I'm sure Hudson will probably see you in Louisville because the casino was letting young people in again.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Hudson. I'll see it in next month. I guess I'll see out in Louisville for the KFFSC man. Yep, see ya, all right, you got it. That is Bob and Hudson. Hogan, Hudson, I'm sure will be buying me my first bourbon when I'm in louis drafting.
Speaker 3: You never know your last bourbon, last bourbon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. It's gonna be a fun time out in the kf ffc uh and the Dizzle chiming in on YouTube wants to know if Hudson will play video poker with him at the KFFSC coming up in Northern excuse me in Kentucky and Louisville at the end of the month. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: That picture he has up there, nobody's gonna play anything with him.
Speaker 1: You're probably right, You're probably right. Uh. And like all the comments are really positive on on Hudson. I think he handled himself very well on the YouTube broadcast. Uh Uh. As much as I'd love to go through the last couple of rounds, I don't want to keep our next guest waiting. And the reason why is because he is not only the defending champion of his league in this tournament, he is the defending champion of the million dollars Grand prize that was awarded last year in the Fantasy Pro Championship. Obviously it's the big rula this year. He is drafting to go back to back, something that's only been done once before in history this tournament by abiab Agbatoba. And I'm really rooting for this guy hard, not only because he's a great guy, but because he hails and he is living literally minutes away from where I'm broadcasting right now in Appleton, Wisconsin. Please welcome in the twenty twenty four Fantasy pros Championship million dollar grand prize winner, mister Mike Melberg. Mike, welcome back onto the show. Thanks so much for joining us tonight. How has that million dollars been spending for you? Hey?
Speaker 3: How you doing, guys?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: We just.
Speaker 5: My daughter graduated from Blattville as a fighter engineer degree, so get that off and just doing some stuff around the house and uh, I just playing a lot of Fantasy football.
Speaker 1: You're good for you. Yeah. Adam Hallnd wants to know right now are you in this draft? Yes, you are drafting from the four spot Mocker and Boob fourteen here. You're coming up on your eighth round pick. Again, as we look through the first seven rounds, you already have your elite quarterback, your elite tight end, a couple of receivers, good running back, backfield here, a well balanced team. Mike, how do you feel about this squad thus far into this draft? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Pretty good. It's going pretty good for so far.
Speaker 1: Yep. Now, Mike, the other thing Dizzil wants to know is are you coming to Vegas this year? I know you were there last year. You're planning to come into Paris again this year?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be there.
Speaker 5: Our flight lands Thursday hopefully, and yeah, we're there for the watch party and then we have a draft Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I'd love to see it and maybe you guys win the million dollars in the FFPC main event. We're talking, of course, with Mike Melberg, who is teaming up with Wayne Nubert for this draft tonight. You guys are on deck here. I think one of the greatest things about these drafts, if you stay balanced, you can catch value you when it falls to you. I take that back. You're not on deck, You're you're you're in the hole right now. You've added Saquon Barkley, Kyraen Williams and Caleb Johnson to your backfield. Out Wide, you have Lad McConkie and Xavier Worthy. You also have Jayden Daniels as your signal caller. The tight end seven tonight ends up being Evan Ingram. He's your starding tight end. You're on deck here, Mike, can you give the listeners and the viewers a little bit of a taste of what you're thinking here in the eighth round? This coming from the million dollar champ in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Uh, let's see, I'd probably go receiver or running back. You're I'm thinking probably receiver with the ffpiece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And he goes Javonte Williams. Steven Gervalos, the Fantasy Sopranos takes the thirty fourth running back off the board. Javonte Williams tonight and you you act quickly, Mike, no hesitation. Why was it stuff Digs? Why did you believe in him here as your eighth round pick?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: I just like Drake May from New England, and with Diggs being the number one receiver there, I just I think it's a no brainer in you know, in the eighth row.
Speaker 1: So we have seen a lot of video and footage about Stefan Diggs really moving around quite well for a guy who's coming off of torn acl much more so than Chris Godwin for what that's worth too. And we can talk about Chris Godwin later, but you have Stefan Diggs as your number three receiver here. This is a guy that could scoop up a lot of targets and obviously a guy that you don't even have to start every single week because of how the f FPC starting lineup works, you only have to start two receivers. Stefan Diggs could just be a plug and play for you, which I think is great so far. Who's your favorite draft pick so far through eight rounds? Mike? If you look at your entire roster, who is the one guy you look at You're like, man, I'm so glad we got him. More we got.
Speaker 5: I think Jane Daniels when he fell to the fourth row, normally he doesn't fall that far. Yeah, I like him as in number one this year as far as quarterback goes, So yeah, I like him. And let's see.
Speaker 1: You are on the clock right now too, and I'll just I'll stump for time here as you figure out who you and Wayne Nubert are going to be taking at the nine oh four tonight, again a very balanced squad, three receivers, through running backs, quarterback, tight end. You went back to the wide receiver, well, Mike Josh Downs at the nine oh four player I happen to like this year as well. Why do you like him here?
Speaker 5: I think Daniels will be Daniel Jones will be the quarterback, so I like him more Anthony Richardson as far as the throwing the ball, so like Josh doneson nin Thrones.
Speaker 1: So I love the fact that you're getting him as your wide receiver for in the ninth round where you can play matchups if Richardson ends up being the starter certain weeks, He's an easy bench and you have running backs to plug and play there. You obviously have Evan Ingram as well at tight end, so that part is taking care of. Listen, man, this is a treat of reconvening. I know we talked in January, so glad to have you back on the show. Congratulations to your daughter graduating from the University of Wisconsin Plattville. I know some of the money helped her put her through college. There I know you had a lot of other stuff that you had going on with the million bucks. Cannot wait to see you in Las Vegas again, and listen, I might see you around town here in Appleton. You never know. Mike Meldern, the twenty twenty four Fantasy Pros Championship champion, the million dollar Grand Prize winner. I appreciate you coming on tonight, Mike, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Good luck man Hey, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Guys. Thanks that is Mike Melburg. Ladies and gentlemen, always a good dude to talk to. Midwest nice turps. As we're joined by Appleton Royalty on the show.
Speaker 3: Gotta love your friends and packers country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I love it. I absolutely love it that Mike was able to make some time tonight drafting out of the four spot. What do you make of the Josh Dowins pick. I really like it here he talked a little bit about and I think that's what we're leaning towards. Daniel Jones is probably going to be the starter for Indianapolis, at least to start the season. I'm actually Pittman went two picks before Downs. I'm totally on Pittman and Downs this year. Both of them.
Speaker 4: It's scary because if you just readwind what you just said right there, Pittman and Downs are tied to Daniel Jones. Everybody in the fantasy where I was banking on Daniel Jones this year to unlock all the Colts. If Anthony Richards is the quarterback, Jonathan Taylor, nobody wants them, Downs, Pittman, all those guys, nobody wants them if Anthony Richards the quarterback.
Speaker 3: But if Daniel Jones is the quarterback, everything changes. So it's scary to even put those words out there in the world, but it's the truth. Like Daniel Jones unlocks these guys.
Speaker 4: If he figures it out a little bit, all these guys could be unlocked to where they're way way great values.
Speaker 1: Well the other go ahead, Daniel Jones. I think the other thing too here is that we have to keep in mind and and I'm gonna bring it up here as well, that I have Todd Stoker right now on YouTube. Isn't there too much competition in Indy with Michael Pittman, Alec Pierce, Donna Mitchell, and Tyler Warren. So he brings up a good point here.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. For one once perspective. I'm just gonna interrupt you real quick.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Michael Pittman is always going to be out there. The question with the other like Tyler Warren probably always going to be out there capital all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I think a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's a quality tight end. He was a great tight end of Penn State. The other guys are what you question. Don't forget Ole Peerce who puts up numbers very quietly but still has those like pop games here and there, not really for this type of league, but for a best ball type before Matt Alec Pierce is a little bit more, you know, interesting Mitchell who is like kind of stuck in the middle, Like is Daniel Jalones ever gonna un locke Mitchell? I don't think so. I think Downs is a better player. But you also have to worry about Downs because is he definitely gonna play every snap?
Speaker 3: Is he more of a slot guy?
Speaker 4: Like that's where the question comes in, like are they gonna play a lot of two tight ends? Like there's a lot a lot of questions when it comes to everybody to me except for Michael Pittman, But these guys are being drafted I'm fine with Downs. I like Pittman better though.
Speaker 1: So so here and and uh and I wish Ferrell was on with you tonight because you guys would have phoned common ground on Michael Pittman tonight.
Speaker 4: A couple of things one time, once in a lifetime thing, we actually agree.
Speaker 1: Well, pro Versus Joe's will definitely bring it up. We will definitely.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, I can't I can't wait. Wait is that again?
Speaker 1: So we're gonna so Pross Joe's is gonna kick off here pretty quick. We're gonna have I'm bringing up the dates right now on this, but we're like two weeks away from pro I should say a little bit more than two weeks away. So we're gonna have live drafts on the HSFF hour and f FPC YouTube channel July twentieth, July twenty first, July twenty second, and then we're gonna have three more July twenty seventh, July twenty eighth, and July twenty ninth. So not next week, but the week after, you're gonna have Turp, you're gonna have Farrell, you're gonna have me and a cavalcade of guests coming up that'll be on the HSFF. It's gonna be a lot of fun regarding the Colts here, and I think that Dizzle commented on this. Alec Pierce ad and I Mitchell not great. I am kind of out on those guys, both of them, regardless of who the quarterback is. I think it comes down to Pittman and Downs, because I think both these guys can be successful no matter who the Colts quarterback is this year. And you're looking at both these guys going in the nine round. Michael Pittman, we forget because last year is pit he was playing with a broken back, turp and and when you play with a broken back, your numbers are not going to be great, especially when you have another guy like Josh Downs who can really electrify an offense, which is I wouldn't say electrified it last year, but he has that potential to do it. I think we forget about Pittman. I'm fine with both these guys in the ninth round. I will say that I think people are a little too gung ho on Downs for the most part this year and probably should be taking a longer look at Pittman. But I think both of these guys can play. I don't think Anthony Richardson is the quarterback in Week one. Not sure he's ever going to be the quarterback in twenty twenty five. I think he will be at some point, but I don't know when that is, and I don't know if it's ever going to happen, So I'm definitely down up.
Speaker 4: I think Anthony Richson is pretty much somebody that you want to avoid. I mean, obviously from a quarterback perspective, like the rushing ability, that's all we really like, but he can't throw the football right if he's the quarterbackman downs Mitchell, Warren, Pierce and anybody else do you want to throw out there?
Speaker 3: Especially Jonathan Taylor. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Taylor with Daniel Jones I like a lot more because it should be more of a balance attack. Daniel Jones he's a good rushing he has the rushing ability, but he's not gonna take the Jonathan Taylor like, you know, you know, goal line touches and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's, you know, stay away with Manthey Ribson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll just touch on Tyler Warren too. I think the the track record of tight ends that are drafted as high as he was this year, even as a as a rookie, I think that there is a lot to like about Tyler Warren. So I'm I'm definitely fine, and I've drafted Tyler Warren in a few spots already. I'm fine with Warren. I'm fine with Pittman, I'm fine with Downs. I'm going elsewhere in regards to Pierce and Mitchell.
Speaker 4: Talked about earlier, the deep tight end position, warren Craft can Ferguson Andrews where he's being drafted like Nadjoku, Ingram, I mean all those guys, like they make a ton of sense, Like if you're not gonna get one of the top like two or three or four.
Speaker 1: Guys that you like, throwing Kelsey there too, tur No, I don't want to do that. Okay, why? Why? Okay, this is an interesting conversation. So you're fine with Ingram, Kraft and Djoku or whatever. But Kelsey tonight he goes to the Rhinos. That's Alex Bolazzo's team at the six o four. You're just out on Kelsey period. I still think there's something.
Speaker 4: I'm not out, but like, I mean, like what is he in the rankings of where he's gonna get targets. He's clearly older, he's clearly a little bit dustier. After you saw last year. Is Andy Reid gonna get him the ball more than Rashid Rice? Now Xavier Worthy? No, I don't know about that, but everybody hates Xavier Worthy this year.
Speaker 1: I love everybody, right, not everybody. Everybody loves Chiv, that's for sure. Everybody loves for Rice, Rashi Rice?
Speaker 4: Is this that guy that's skyt That's why I said earlier, I'm worried just because everyone everybody loves somebody, it usually never works out everybody. If you say Rice versus Worthy, all things considered, everybody hates Worthy, but Worthy if they if they turn into a team that's going to throw the ball more, Worthy should get some manufacturing touch. And he has that game breaking ability. He has that thirty to forty point upside. I'm not sitting here saying I'm taking Worthy of a Rice, but I think it's closer than people are like giving it giving it out to and Kelsey in the sixth round. To me, look at the guy who's getting drafted around. Who are you taking him over? James Connor.
Speaker 3: No, Ridley.
Speaker 1: No, I would hold on, hold on, you say that, I'm just saying, dependent upon my team.
Speaker 3: Bills, structure. Structure is very important. Structure is very important.
Speaker 1: So I will just say this, like in regards to Kelsey versus Connor versus Ridley, Yes, I can and see him take I could see myself taking Connor and Ridley over it. But I mean, I'm not saying in every build, right, I could still see myself taking Kelsey over those guys.
Speaker 3: You're very important, your your point is.
Speaker 1: Made, and I and I think it's it's important to understand that, you know, Kelsey in a down year last year, like we had red flags going up, we had alarms going up when Rashie Rice was basically hurt the entire year, right, Hollywood Brown, who we haven't talked about, was basically hurt the entire year last year. And You're Worthy was pretty much worthless, well, no xader worthy. What's interesting about me? And I feel this. I feel bad about this because I have him on like two Dynasty teams, maybe only one now that I think about it, and it was just a fomo pick. But what he showed me last year when he was forced into being much more than a lidlifter, much more than a field stretcher. He performed without Rice and with Kelsey, you know, being down last year, like I was really impressed with Xavier Worthy, So so for me this year, I have my expectations were Worthy and what he's able to do in this offense, they're sky rotted, skyrocketed, excuse me, from what they were last year, Turf. I just think it's wheels up for this Chiefs offense in general. They can do a lot to different teams this year, whether they want to attack them with the run game, whether we want to attack them to the pass. I think their offensive line is a little bit better this year, especially at left tackle if Josh Simmons wins that job. I am a fan of the Chiefs offense this year. And Patrick Mahomes two who fell tonight? Where did Mahomes go at the seven o two? Is quarterback? Six to love my Aubrey. That's Frank and Bornoni's team. Who grabs him as a starting quarterback at the seven oh two? It's really hard not to.
Speaker 4: I mean, you tell yourself a story every draft you do, you tell a story Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 9: In your head.
Speaker 4: He returns to that Patrick Mahomes that everybody love and is drafting as a number one quarterback.
Speaker 3: Is it in the range of possibilities? I think it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we could say whatever we want about like, you know, guys around him, but like to me, you know, I love stacking, so stacking something that I go by. So when you're dressing Patrick Mahomes, you have the option to get a bunch of his guys. Yeah, I know, Rashid Rice is expensives, even Worthy's not, Travis Kelsey's not. All things considered, you can pretty much move things around to get all those guys. Mahomes by himself, to me, is just a flawed system when it comes to trying to win a tournament. And I've been very outspoken on the show. On the show that we did on Thursday. On Wednesday, Brian Drake I said, anybody and best ball is different.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: But if you're gonna go Mahomes and you're trying to win a tournament, you gotta put them with somebody. Because let's just say Mahomes gets there, how is he getting there? That's gonna offset the Daniels, the Jackson's, the Allen's, the justin fields like the random, like quarterbacks that go nuts, Joe Burrows, Jalen Hurts, like, how's it? How is Mahomes gonna get there? Yeah, he could get there with his legs, but the chances are a lot smaller than those guys they just mentioned outside of Burrow. So it's like, if Mahomes has that three hundred plus yard game and three tds, you want to have a Worthy, you want to have a Rice if.
Speaker 3: It's a Kelsey game.
Speaker 4: To me, it's just like I know I live by stacking, and people criticize me for that because I always always bring it up. But like seventh round Mahomes, I love, but you could mix in one of those guys and cheat the Kelsey's the Worthies and still have that chance to the ceiling that can get you to that top when it comes to Gorilla Championship.
Speaker 1: So, Turp, you're bringing up a lot of good points here my rebuttal to this, and not necessarily because I disagree with you, But couldn't you get a Worthy Mahomes stack? Okay? And I if Worthy misses and you still get Mahomes is their value in getting even in the big Grilla turner, which we're covering tonight. If you're down on Kelsey, isn't their value in a Mahomes Noah graystack later on? Is their value in a Mahomes Hollywood Brown stack? And I know you can build.
Speaker 4: You can build it one hundred different ways right at the end of the day, as long as it gets there when it comes to you know, some of these quarterbacks, like I've been very outspoken with Joe Burrow, if you're drafting Joe Burrow by himself, it makes no sense to me. Yeah, goodlie, will never make any sense to me because if you're trying to win a million dollars, if you're trying to win your league, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Can get there in any way possible.
Speaker 4: But if you're trying to win a million dollars and you have one entry or one hundred entries, drafting a guy like Joe Burrow by himself makes no sense to me because if he gets there, it's gonna be because of t Higgins or Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: Dizzel pointing out too that Mahomes has not had all the weapons together at once until this year. He's now an eighth round quarterback. And I will say this too, Mahomes the last two years has finished as quarterback eleven and quarterback twelve. Before that, every single year as a starter, he was quarterback six or higher. And this is without running the problem that Chiefs are.
Speaker 4: They don't have to unleash the passing game because everything always falls in there.
Speaker 3: That's the hard part with the.
Speaker 1: Chief Oka Churp let me let this this, this is lazy analysis, but let me bring this up. How many games did the Chiefs win last year by like three or four points, by like one score? It was insane and for some and they went undefeated until there's like one or two games later on in the season. So like my lazy analysis on this just normal regression of the meme. I feel like they're not going to win those games. And that could cause more passing for Mahomes to Worthy to Rice to Kelsey to Gray to Hollywood Round to Pacheco to Richard Smith to all these different guys and and we could see that narrative playing up. But like you said, it's all about telling yourself a story. All right, here's what I want to do, uh, the Chiefs. We have We've had a wild ride with the Kansas City Chiefs tonight and I'm sure that the uh, the conversation is not over with yet, but I want to continue the conversation with our next guest. He is drafting out of the five Spot tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, you know him, you love him. He's been on this show show before. He is the owner of the Fantasy Sopranos franchise drafting at the five Spot Tonight. Steve g Steven Irgalos, Steve, welcome into the show. So glad to have you on. Man. How do you like your team? Through twelve rounds?
Speaker 3: I got what team?
Speaker 1: Are you? Real quick?
Speaker 4: Because I gotta stop out. I gotta jump out and get my son real quick. Team hop out this team, I want to hop out, but I want to I want to know his team first.
Speaker 1: Okay, team five, that's what we're talking about, Turf. I'll let you get your son and Steve and I will will take care of this. Yere Steve, welcome in your fresh off a Prescott strange Roshawn Johnson picks here in ten, eleven and twelve. Talk about the team as a whole as you navigate through round thirteen.
Speaker 10: So I forgot that I had I had registered for a main event so the first five rounds, I was drafted.
Speaker 9: A event also, so I was going back and forth on both of these. But I went a little different.
Speaker 10: I have a lot of tea, so I kind of I kind of like went a little different than my usual drafts.
Speaker 9: So I tried that diverse bile. Let me take this pick.
Speaker 1: Here's yes, Steve is on the clock right now. This is round where.
Speaker 9: We're gonna go.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: Let's see, he has already got Prescott a quarterback. He's got Strange a tight end, loaded up on receivers early on with Rice Garrett Wilson, Jamison Williams, Pickens, and a lave no shorter running backs on this team too, as he went with Jamior Gibbs in the first round at TN, Javonte Williams Charbonnet, and of course Roshawn Johnson in the twelfth. He is on the clock here in the thirteenth round again, could go any which way, even quarterback here, Steve, what are you looking at here?
Speaker 10: I'm torn between Drake may or maybe taking one more, taking Breshard Smith.
Speaker 9: I'm kind of in between.
Speaker 10: I might go with the running back because I have another quarterback on my grab later, so I think I'm I'm.
Speaker 9: Trying to catch up.
Speaker 10: I took Gibbs, which I don't have a lot of, so I'm trying to move guys.
Speaker 9: I don't have much of Rossie Rice. I barely had any of.
Speaker 10: So I took him in the second round because you know, I'm hearing that he's pretty healthy and he was really good last year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm fine with the rice pick and the toy. He is getting expensive. But when you consider what he did in twenty twenty four while he was healthy, I mean, the sky's the limit. And if you know, he was on pace for a fifteen hundred plus yard season receiving wise for Kansas City, and I see no reason why he can't have the ceiling of that again in this year. But I think what's interesting here, you could have gone any which way because you were balanced after rounds one and two you had Gibbs and Rice, but you pounded the receivers in rounds three through six. Do you see a value in that position in those era, in that specific area of big earl of drafts right.
Speaker 10: Now, Steve So, Garrett Wilson might start being one of my most drafted players.
Speaker 9: I think I'm taking the other night. I took him in the Best Bowl.
Speaker 10: I mean, I just have a lot of them. I think he's gonna have a lot of work. Yeah, he's gonna get a lot of targets. So I figured let me build that way and Jamison Williams I took in the fourth, which I might have reached a little bit on, but I there's a non zero chance as you say that, that offense changed a little bit and he breaks out. He already started breaking out last year, not on on on volume, but you know, just on on pure yards per catch. So I'm into Williams pickins. I was playing on trying to grab Dak later maybe put that little hook up together and Olave.
Speaker 9: You know, he's a crap shoot.
Speaker 10: If he doesn't get hurt, if he doesn't get another concussion, I mean, I'm getting him in the sixth round.
Speaker 9: He should be going in. He's a third round pick. I mean he should be he should be going a lot higher. So I took a little gamble on the wide receivers.
Speaker 10: I feel it drops off a little bit after that, and then I just took a couple of shots with Travis atn Javonte Williams. I think they're both going to be the number ones, and I took a shot with them and char Berney. I just think Walker can't stay healthy. So if I'm gonna take a shot at a at a cuff, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot certain pack here. I took Pickens in the Scots Bowl recently and I'm I'm like, that's more of a fomo pick where I understand the ceiling that he has with Prescott, who I believe, who I believe in this year. I believe in the Dallas passing offense. I think a lot of people just automatically assume it's going to be a heavy running attack with Schottenheimer. I don't think that's going to be the case. I think its wheels up for Lamb, Prescott, and Pickens this year. So and A love is great too because he's your number five receiver. You know if he has to start great, you love it because he's available. And if he's not, you still have Pickens, Whiskey, Bill, Garrett, Wilson and Rice, which I love too. Let's focus. I want to focus my next question here on Travis etn. You think he's going to be the number one in Jacksonville? Does that mean, you've been avoiding guys like Michelle Touton, guys like Tank Bigsby and that Etn you think has fallen too far in big guerrilla drafts.
Speaker 9: Well, usually he goes in the eighth round.
Speaker 10: That reached a little on him too, But I have I've had a lot of basial touton and now I've you know, I've kind of they've kind of he kind of caught up to a ten. So I shifted a little bit to get Atn. My thought, my thoughts are is, you know, he's going to get the work. Tudents might get the work also, but I just think that he might start off as the number one I don't have any real Tank bigs v shares, So I'm.
Speaker 9: Going between the two of them.
Speaker 10: I'm rolling the dice and hoping one of those guys hits Javonte Williams, which I took next. I mean that backfield, you know that we don't know what to make of that. But Javante maybe a guy that gets back to form this year, So I took a stab at him.
Speaker 1: Also, are you so just kind of piggybacking on that? Are you more likely to take Javonte Williams at cost over Jaden Blue at cost.
Speaker 10: I took a lot of Jaden Blue early where he was going a lot later pre draft, I took a lot of Jaden Blue, or I was getting him in the fifteen, sixteen, seventeenth rounds.
Speaker 9: I don't even remember. I've kind of backed off of Blue a little bit.
Speaker 10: I don't think I've taken him in one main event yet, so I'm kind of took Gavante a little bit.
Speaker 9: Now. I'm just kind of balancing back and forth.
Speaker 10: Because I have so many teams, I have to try to balance my exposure.
Speaker 9: So I was on Mojo.
Speaker 10: Today and I'm like, wow, I'm a little unbalanced on certain things. So I'm trying to you know, That's why I took Rossie Rice in the second round obviously for me, obviously because I needed them. I didn't have really any shares of them, and I wasn't really crazy about mcconki, not that I don't like them, I just think that in the second round, I think the price is too high. So I figured, you know, I was hoping an Ico Collins was going to drop to the next pick. I would have taken Ego Collins Baby, but didn't work out.
Speaker 1: That way. The last thing I want to say is you waited on I should say the last thing. I'll have one more question for you. You waited on tight end until round eleven here in getting Brenton Strange. Have you, because I know you draft a lot of leagues FFPCKFFFC, have you historically been waiting on tight end this year? Because Strange was the sixteenth tight end off their board and he's your number one tight end.
Speaker 9: I mean yes and no.
Speaker 10: I mean, if I can get Bowers or McBride in the right spot, maybe I like TJ Hockinson. I took it quite a bit of him. After that, I kind of the board was going a different way. I wanted to take Tyler Warren. He got taken. So I think Brenton Strange is going to actually, I mean, I don't know what to make a Travis Hunter, but I mean he has he has a lot of draft capital.
Speaker 9: I think it was what his second round pick. I like these Penn State tight ends.
Speaker 10: So I was waiting on Brenton Strange, and you know, I'm going to try to piece together a couple more tight ends here because it is tight end premium, and I really haven't done much.
Speaker 9: So let's hope. Let's hope a couple of guys I want to drop to me I might be able.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, like, if history is any guide with our experience in KFFSC this year, I have a feeling I know which one of those side that's you're you're focusing on and you have got You've gotten them in every single league that you and I have been in together.
Speaker 10: I gotta tell you, I was looking at Mojo today, I'm like, wow, I have a lot of this guy. I have a lot of this guys, and you know's what con that's good? You know, if it actually comes through, I mean I look like a genius. But I will say, I will say, you're gonna get You're gonna give me a little.
Speaker 9: Bit of credit. I'm just gonna take him now. Anyways, I need a tight.
Speaker 1: End BYO Johnson is what we're talking about.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're gonna give me a little bit of credit with Cedric Tilman because now all the pungits out there, all the pros are all on Cedric Tillman value value value.
Speaker 9: So Tillman was Tilman.
Speaker 10: I think, you know, hopefully he stays healthy because he's had, you know, some injury problems in the past.
Speaker 9: Hopefully he stays healthy.
Speaker 10: Him and Theo Johnson, could you know, win me five thousand bucks at all my investments?
Speaker 1: You know it's it's uh, there's a non zero chance of it and uh and I look forward to succeeding that happened, Steve. I can't wait to see the prototypes that you have come through with the it's going on tomorrow so perfect it So Steve has put together some ice staks, fantasy football or T shirts featuring myself and Farrell on him, and I can't wait to see him. We may or may not have them in a live in Las Vegas. Uh for for HSF I were listeners out there as well. We'll see how that happens. And Steve, the other thing I have to ask you, and and I've never asked you this on air, and you've been very polite when I've talked to you about this, both on and off air. The Diesel wants to know, why do I not pronounce the the G in your first name? Am I pronouncing your last thing? Right? Is that? Here? Gods?
Speaker 10: If you were Greek in Greek, it's correct like a hy So you know, I know you're not Greek, but the Greek's pronounce it is.
Speaker 1: A why you know?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 10: So how when he comes back, because the other night I was I was doing the live draft and we're talking about Cardi B. Telling when he comes to New York, I'm gonna bring I'm gonna have Cardi B come out of retirement of being a stripper and give him a lap dance.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mister, I mean.
Speaker 9: He got off their the only reason like Donald did was to mess with him.
Speaker 10: But it's okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, walk off here right now. Uh, Steve, you're on the clock. Here at the fifteen to five. Who's the pick here?
Speaker 10: After THEO Johnson, I'm going to take another dark throw here, here's the dot throw.
Speaker 1: Ja Cory Krofsky merrit. I love it, man, it's all upside here trying to win a million bucks. That's the type of player that will uh, that will do it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: So good to talk to you once again. Appreciating good luck the rest of the way. Thanks so much for coming on tonight, and we'll see us soon, man for sure in Vegas, if not Louisville.
Speaker 9: Louisville, I can't. I'm having my I've met my first child.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Yeah, I forgot about that. I forgot about Vegas.
Speaker 9: I'm ready to rock. I'll see you on that.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on the upcoming birth, and we'll see it at Paris and Las Vegas. Man, good luck the rest.
Speaker 9: Of the way, we'll do.
Speaker 1: That's Steve Irgallos hanging out with us tonight, Steve g the Fantasy Sopranos owner tonight taking Jacry krossky merrit and I said, I alluded to this earlier. Uh, Steve and I have been in a ton of kffs, C and seeming and I know he likes THEO Johnson. I like THEO Johnson. The reason that I have not gotten enough THEO Johnson is because Steve keeps taking him on me, which happens. It's cool, it's it's fine. I just got to be better at it going forward. Speaking of getting better at it, let's bring on yet another guest tonight, In fact, two of them tonight. They are drafting tonight from the let's see what spot would this be? The eleven spot? Yeah, the eleven spot tonight km k B G one. We are bringing on one David Krubski and one Ken Hill and Brand. Guys, welcome into the program tonight. I know you're about to come on the clock here, but just through fourteen rounds? How do you like your squad?
Speaker 6: Who do you cut sauce here?
Speaker 1: Late? Well, listen, it's Friday night. It happens you're about to be on the clock here. But I I think the build is interesting. You guys gotta like the build here too.
Speaker 3: Is he talking to us?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm talking to you. You're at the eleven, right, aren't you at the eleven?
Speaker 9: At the six?
Speaker 1: With this? Oh god, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. Got it. This is a this is a this is my bad, this is this is guys a j who is drafting with you tonight.
Speaker 11: This is Paul and Kalke. You probably know his dad. He's had some some success in some of these leagues.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect, I am so sorry. I got I get when turt listen, when Turf's not on with me, everything goes to pot. Okay, you're at the six spot tonight. You waited on tight end till the six. You waited on quarterback until the thirteen. You've you've doubled up on tight end, You've loaded up on receiver to start. There's obviously a good running back stable here, guys, AJ take me through this. Uh, how you feel about your team here at six? Yeah, I mean we we really like to start. I think we did.
Speaker 11: We didn't plan to start all wide receiver, but just I think kind of getting some value there and then just kind of kind of from there, needing to get some green on the board. And then you know, some some quarterbacks went that we were looking at and just kind of kind of playing it and fill on the board from there.
Speaker 1: Was the plan. I mean, did you guys, because you knew obviously you were drafting six several days beforehand, did did you guys feel like, hey, this could be a heavy wide receiver build Initially?
Speaker 12: You know, originally we didn't. We thought we were gonna end up with either Gibbs or Barkley. And then honestly, one thing we were talking about today was we were pick what nineteen and we loved eighteen.
Speaker 3: Guys, as it usually is.
Speaker 12: You know, there's one there, the perfect amount goo right before you, and I think it was Hudson's AJ Brown pick that gave us Nico. Not that we don't like AJ Brown, It's just like we love those eighteen guys, So we liked that there, and then we were just praying for Tyreek back if he didn't get back to us. I gotta be honest, Bulky, we we didn't know what we were gonna do. But other than that, yeah, I mean we something really weird. We didn't We're really expecting Trayvon, Like we never really talked about him, but we were kind of just thinking upside there with four pretty solid wide outs there and then kind of build it after Montgomery with such as such a stable back.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is interesting because I have so many follow ups to this. You were praying for Tyreek Hill to come back to you in the third round. I know that he's been kind of a schizophrenic pick in the f f PC big Gerrilla in the f FPC main event here over the last two or three weeks or so. Why are you guys team Tyreek Hill this year?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Well, you know, I'm very pro on. I mean, I love Tyreek. I just think people don't notice.
Speaker 10: And A.
Speaker 3: J and I we were owners of a Chaine and.
Speaker 12: A lot of wattle last year and we felt the Tyler Huntley for a eight weeks and we understand that people got to look past that, and I think Tyreek, I think I looked it up. I think he averaged like sixteen with two of last year, so I think people were just forgetting how good he really is. And I think, I mean, think about it, Bulky, he was wide out two twenty twenty two and then wide out three and twenty twenty three. If he has a full a full season with two, I think he could be he should be a first round pick.
Speaker 1: Scoops on Beverly coming up. I'll take a pause here from asking about your team. You guys are on the cock here at he's sixteen oh seven, pretty well balanced all the way around. What are you guys thinking here?
Speaker 3: Man, that's that's a great question.
Speaker 11: I think we're they're just looking at, you know, kind of best available, can kind of really go in any any direction here if anyone kind of sticks out, and.
Speaker 12: I gotta be honest, no one's really sticking out.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing I mean here, Well, here's the thing. I don't know who you're considering, but like you're talking about the sixteenth round, you're trying to win a million bucks, thousands of teams you're competing against I would look at the guy that you like, that that has the upside of being a potential league winner. Here he's probably not gonna be a league winner, but you have to look at league winners at this point in the draft, because, let's face it, we're in the sixteenth round. A lot of this a lot of these players for the rest of the way are going to be turned a roster turned throughout the season. Well it's Jaron Wall.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think your upside league winner just got me there in my pain. I don't see friar move. Yeah, I mean that's it. I mean, who knows. We have Hill so you never know. But I think you know, the names on the board, like a Friar move, Juwan Johnson, like they're not going to really get you anything. Where we were we were deciding to between Chig and if going back to earlier in our draft here and you were on with Hudson. Hudson he stole Tyler Warren from us Bulky. We we were screaming, Hudson, don't take them. So we kind of got we We kind of just fell that Jordan Mason just because we needed the back. So we're kind of scrambling here on tight end, but we like the upside at Chig and then you never know with Waller.
Speaker 1: So he came out of retirement really quick. Yeah he did, and he said he'd only played for the Dolphins. Take that for what it's worth. I don't know the other thing I wanted to ask you guys. Yes, the other thing I wanted to ask you guys, DK Metcalf at the four oh seven I have heard from plenty abundance out there that Metcalf is not the type of receiver that Aaron Rodgers likes to throw to. Metcalf is more of an improvising route runner where Rogers requires precision. You guys are still believers in Metcalf on the Steelers offense with Rogers throwing to him. Can you sell me and sell the viewers on Dk Metcalf as a guy that you want to look at in the fourth round of Big Grilla drafts.
Speaker 11: Yeah. We're from Pittsburgh, so we were a little red into the DK and he I had Garrett Wilson last year as well, so I'm familiar with Rogers as the quarterback and how DK's not his stereotypical you know widers here with the separation, but I just I just personally think that, you know, they did just get John Smith, but there's still I think, you know, it's like a Calvin Austin is going to be your wide receiver to there. So I think there's a pretty clear path. It's the volume. And then Paul was giving me some pushback today about you know, does Arthur Smith agree that there's a clear path the volume there? And I said, I mean, you didn't pay dk metcalf one hundred and thirty two million dollars, you know, in that extension to come here and run block. In my opinion, I think this is Rogers he says his last hurrah here. I think he's gonna get his one hundred and thirty two million dollar receiver of the ball. And I told Paul my hot take is, I don't think next you know, there's a good chance that if the Steelers offense is efficient enough, which who knows, but if if they are, Dk Metcalf I think could lead you know, the league and red zone targets.
Speaker 1: I think him and London are kind.
Speaker 11: Of going to be comparable guys in that you know, red zone, because I think London was an absolute beast in the red zone target wise last year.
Speaker 3: I kind of see DK.
Speaker 1: You guys are on the clock here in the seventeenth round final walk off question, guys, AJ, Paul, who's it going to be here?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think we're going to go to the hometown Pittsburgh Steelers defense here at Paul Key.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna say, Bos. I'm glad to hear it was the Steelers defense. That's that's excellent, excellent, So Pitch we might end up with, but we don't want to tell her.
Speaker 6: We don't want to tell our other league mates that though.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'll let you know. Neil O'Donnell lineus Swede still available in this draft too if you want to go down. But like whatever it is. Thank you so much for hopping a board tonight. I'm so sorry this identified you I got. I'm spinning way too many plates here, AJ and Paul, thank you so much for hopping aboard tonight. This was a treat. Good luck in the rest of this draft, and good luck and drafting season as well. Thanks so much for being a part of the High Sekes Fantasy Football Hour this evening.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, Bob, you do a great job.
Speaker 1: We watch them all the time. Yes, thank you. I appreciate at that scoops on Beverly Baby. It is a J and Paul hanging out with us here tonight as I bring Turp back in tonight, Turp is your son for a couple of minutes and you start butchering things' sterle, it was absolutely.
Speaker 4: My son is back asleep. It was a frantic rundown, steps and get his bottle real quick.
Speaker 1: But he's back to sleep, just real quick. I mean we were just talking with with AJ and Paul here with this Darren Waller pick. I picked him in a Best Ball draft late I listen, I would not call him a league winner. Is there value in Waller with that Dolphins offense this year with no John new Smith?
Speaker 4: I don't think so personally, but it's I mean, where he's being drafted, it's worth a shot, especially in a big grill draft because let's just say the hamstrings don't hold up and everything goes a little hay wire.
Speaker 3: You just caught the guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, and in Best ball's a little bit more dangerous because you could easily see a path where you know it just doesn't work out for him. He goes back in the rap game. So It's just he's a guy that I'll have a little bit of, but I don't think it'll be a lot.
Speaker 3: But where he's being drafted in these big grilla drafts, why not why not think a shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other thing I wanted to ask you, as long as we're talking about Dolphins, you made a bold claim on Wednesday night, and maybe not so bold for a lot of FFPC players that we're I'm sure we're with you on this, but you and Aiden McCory and Brian Drake covering an FFPC Bestball Tournament draft, you said you would take Devon a Chan over Jamir Gibbs this year. And I have heard I wouldn't say a ground swell, but I've been listening to you know, Pat Korean, Scott Barrett, you know, and some of these other guys that are kind of warming up to a Chan this year despite sort of the Dolphins offense. I think most of us believe moving in the opposite direction. Why are you pro a Chan this year? And talk about sort of the Dolphins offense in general. You know, we just talked about Darren Waller being picked. We haven't talked about Tyreek Hill and Jalen Watall getting drafted tonight.
Speaker 4: Either, let's just look at the obvious two. As the quarterback, he's gonna get a ton of targets. John new Smith not being there, He's gonna get a ton of targets. You know, it's just wild, it's just hill Like it's it's hard not to like a chain and see what we obviously see in the A chain ceiling we've seen, you know, in a bigger scale, what he could really do. He's a forty point week upside. How many guys has to have that upside? Ashton Gent does he have a forty point week upside? I don't think so. The receivers that are being drafted right around him, I don't think so. Devon a Chin is a guy that you're getting drafted at the end of the first round. I think he's gonna start moving up a little bit. To me, he's a if I'm drafting, I'm drafting him right after CD Lamb, like literally right after there.
Speaker 3: I think that's as high as he should go.
Speaker 4: I'm taking him over Jamier Gibbs, not because I don't like Jamior Gibbs. I love Jamiir Gibbs as the player, but you know, you have Dave Montgomery, you have a new offensive coordinator. There's a lot of questions, more with Gibbs than to me there are with a Chain. You know, Chain's guaranteed to get that he's gonna if two is a quarterback, even if he's not the toar of quarterback, I think he's gonna be fine. But if two is a quarterback, he's gonna get a ton of targets and the game breaking ability that he still has. To me, I mean, there's not many guys who can say have like overall number one upside.
Speaker 3: To me, a Chan has that.
Speaker 4: He's one of my favorite picks, you know, I you know, I just I just love him at the end of the of the first round, the first round, in the first round, it's a It's a real nice spot to be this year in my opinion.
Speaker 1: So Tom Smith, who was the Young Youngs franchise drafting at the twelve spot tonight, a resident Dolphins fan, he said he led running backs and receptions last year with seventy eight. We also have seen the dizzle pipe in with with eh Chan, his upside maybe not seeing the total ceiling. Twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four scoring for Ehan was different for different His scoring was different for different reasons. If it happens, if it all hits, he could be peak c everything's in.
Speaker 4: If everything's a story that you tell yourself, right, everybody's telling us story with Christian McCaffrey this year.
Speaker 3: Let's just call it what it is.
Speaker 4: He was an early early big girl, a drafty were game in the second round. Now you had sniff him in the second round maybe one draft out of every fifty. He's a first round locked in pick. But everybody's telling the story about the upside.
Speaker 3: That he possesses.
Speaker 4: Obviously when he was dominating fantasy football. And to me, a Chane has that ability to have that you know ceiling that see that Christian McCaffrey does. So I don't know, I'm just really really bullish on a Chane. It's hard to be bullish on a guy who's in the first or second round. But he's just the guy that I've loved since he came out, drafted a ton of him all the years, and just it's not gonna stop this year.
Speaker 1: David Krupsky, who I can guarantee you is drafting from the eleven spot tonight which I screwed up before, along with Ken Hill and brand Devon h Chan on YouTube, he's telling us this devon a Chan average almost seven targets game with two a tongue of by Golo and less than two without a tongue of by Lowell, which is weird turf because you would think like tongue of b I Loo. Well, maybe it's not that weird because they want to They put the pocus on again this year, getting the ball out of tongue by Lowe's hand as soon as possible, a stat that I believe he led the league in last year with qualified pass attempts, and now they want to get it out even sooner. To me, and the fact that Janieu Smith is now in Pittsburgh, this is like wheels up for eight Chan. So I don't know if I'm on board with you a Chan better than Gibbs, but I will say this, if a Chan finishes better than Gibbs this year would not surprise me in the least.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of crazy takes that are out there on Yeah, I don't think it's crazy. I mean talking about and first and a turn pick. I mean a guy who's going in the first, you know, second early, second round. It's not like it's like I'm saying like that, you know, Kevin Neil's going to finish better than than Jamier Gibbs, Like that's just like certifiably nuts. But you know it's it's just you know, a take that I'm pretty excited on it. And a lot of people are saying, like, how many teams have Gibbs and e Chan You can't get that anymore. You could get that early if you're been drafting periods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I only yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that possibility is happening anymore to where you can get both of those guys. And if you can, you better be really excited because I haven't seen in the last couple of drafts I've done a change get passed the second round, you know, the second round, second pick. He's pretty much locked into that, like turn one or two picks after, and that's probably it. If you drafted early, you probably got a little lucky when it comes to Gibbs. Eight chain starts or maybe you know McCaffrey a chain or lamb Ay chain.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 4: But I think those days are over, especially because Johnny Smiths out of town.
Speaker 3: It's just more targets, you know, for a chain the material.
Speaker 1: Ska Kiss Demitrio Ska Kiss, who is drafting tonight from the eighth spot, said, what pick do you have to get to get both Gibbs and a Chan and like earlier in the season, I don't know, like late first round, you know, mid first round. I think you could have done it. You can anymore obviously, which which and maybe that change. I mean, this is why we encourage everybody to draft early and draft often, because the ADP shifts and you can find values whether you're drafting in February, March, April, miss.
Speaker 4: No matter what, there's certain guys that are gonna get Like right now, there's a pocket for a guy like JSN. Jsn's a guy that, like ye are like people were really like, oh, he's a third round pick. He's an early third round pick. Now he's starting to slip to the fourth to where he's being a little more appetizing.
Speaker 1: RJ.
Speaker 4: Harvey is another guy early on getting hyped up, hyped up, piped up before JK. Dobbins fourth round, third round in some drafts. Now he's like moving to the fifth and sixth, which is really really fun to draft. It makes a ton of sense to get him there. There's a ton of guys that are like just fall in those pockets that like, if you're fans of those guys, you should be drafting a ton of teams right now.
Speaker 1: So uh, Dizzel pointing out that there's fourteen total teams in the Big Gorilla so far with both Jamior, Gibbs and de Briny.
Speaker 3: And most of them are probably really really early.
Speaker 1: Probably early. Yeah, now, will that that hold up? I don't know. You you certainly like it right now? Will you like it in October? Will you like it November?
Speaker 9: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Maybe not? You never know. Uh, Turp, I want to bring in one one more guest here tonight, and I am one officially sure that I'm bringing in the right guests for the h K n K BG one franchise. He is the one, the only He is the David Krupski who is drafting out of the eleven hole tonight. David, welcome in. You are coming up on your final pick of the draft. I'll let you make it right now. This is obviously going to be a yeah, give us then to.
Speaker 13: Make that moment, give us in round ten, but I figure you guys would make fun of me about it.
Speaker 1: I would have. We had a couple of years ago in the f FPC main event, we had a guy who wanted to draft in the main and didn't have the cash, but he had Seinfeld tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld at Caesar's Palace, and he said, could I trade these in for a Maine event entry? And we said sure, And then so Alex Kagan, a co founder of the FFPC, announced that everybody was drafting that night. I said, Okay, whoever drafts the first kicker of well, you know, I don't know how many. We had twenty some live drafts going on at that time. So whoever drafts the first kicker gets these first Seinfeld tickets and lo and behold, somebody drafted Justin Tucker in like the ninth or tenth route that night, just so we could see Jerry Seinfeld. Well I don't know if he ever has but I'm just saying like he did that night, and it was a lot of fun. And I don't know if his team won anything, but that could not be the case for David Krepski's team tonight. David, you obviously like your team from the eleventh spot, can you tell us how you thought it was going to turn out to how it actually did turn out, What were your expectations and what was the end result here? Sure?
Speaker 13: So, Actually, my buddy Kenny, he and I we were facetiming earlier and we met earlier today to kind of go through and game plan, and we really liked Hm, we like Thomas, we like you know, Puka. We were kind of seeing like, who's gonna fall to us? And actually when CMC didn't go at ten, we were thinking, you know, m like, is he going to be there?
Speaker 9: Can we pass on him?
Speaker 13: That would have been hard. So then I honestly then it went a Chan and then Kenny really wanted Thomas. But but obviously when he went with Yum Yums, then we saw Janty sitting there like that was not someone we were even really considering, but we just we felt that we just couldn't couldn't steer away from that. And then when it came back, we did want Evans, and we took the risk of taking Lamar versus Evans, and you know, it's it's the way sometimes it works out. But but we we were hoping that maybe Evans would fall back to us, but we took JSN, so we weren't really planning necessarily on you know, one particular strategy. Right when you're at the back end of the board, you kind of just take what's given to you and then you start to play forward. And pairing up Lamar with Zay was nice. It fell to us, and now we have the hookup going forward and not always looking for that in in manage leagues, but for this this case, we we like that it fell to us.
Speaker 1: And you know the other thing with Lamar Jackson you get a ZAA likely a little bit later too. So if anything happens to Andrews or what have you, you have the likely Ja Flowers of Lamar Jackson pairing or not pairing, but trio whatever that is. Can you talk a little bit about the peer Saw pick and I have to look at this was Juwan Jennings. Where did he go tonight? Was Was that ever a consideration for you, Pierre Saw versus Jennings at all?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I mean Jennings, I was looking at the board right now. He went to seven point one, so I mean obviously he went a little bit earlier. We actually were kind of leaning towards Myers. If he'd have felt to us obviously would have given us one more week eight by, but it's fine, right what we'd manage it when we.
Speaker 1: Get to it.
Speaker 13: We were having a discussion of like pear Saw, Deebo, and Shakir and those are kind of the three, and we just felt that Peer Saw really showed a little bit down the stretch last year. Yes, there's obviously a risk that it was more of a flash in the pan and he's not really providing enough, you know, evidence to say that he can continue that. But you know, I probably not gonna be ready for the start of the season, and so you got Peer Saw. I mean, I think Kittle's a great pick too, you know, for anybody that takes him. But we just felt like, hey, this here's a young kid who's probably got some upside, and you know, at this point we're taking some shots.
Speaker 1: So final question here for you tonight, David, as we wrap up our coverage, when you look over all twenty picks of your draft tonight, tell us which pick was your favorite and why was it. Evan McPherson of the twentieth.
Speaker 13: I mean, I do like McPherson in the twentieth I love it, to be honest. I really liked the eighth HM pick. And I know that you guys were talking about before before I jumped in, and this is something that Kenny and I were talking today when we met, was that I just the upside there, especially with John Nenell gone, here's a lot of question marks with Waddle, you know, with two out, you know, we know that, you know, the McDaniel offense just really struggled, and so there's just someone's got to pick up the slack. Hill is going to run, you know, as in a straight line, probably faster than all three of us until he's eighty, what is he really still that top tier wide receiver, and so someone has to catch balls and it really it's going to be a chance. So that's why we really like that one. And then you know, Jant fall into us obviously was a nice little bonus. But really I think dave on ah Chan was kind of my favorite pick tonight.
Speaker 1: David, we certainly appreciate you hopping a board tonight, drafting out of the eleven spot for a million dollar grand prize. I like the draft. I think you highlighted some of my favorite picks already from your squad tonight from the eleven spot. Give my best to Ken and good luck man this season, not only in this draft, but the rest of the drafting season as well. A pleasure to have you aboard tonight.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, you got it. That is David Krupski drafting for the knk BG one team out of the eleven hole tonight and Turp. It was a fast draft tonight. Sometimes these big rollas half.
Speaker 3: The night were speed.
Speaker 1: I mean they're a little over an hour. Sometimes they last the better part of two hours. You just never know, but it was. It was a fun draft tonight. Final thoughts as we close out doesn't have to be about this draft, but just fantasy in general. I know you've been doing a lot of live draft coverage over the last couple of months with the FFPC. When you think about everything you saw tonight and over the course of the last two months, what's something that the listeners and viewers should know.
Speaker 4: Every draft's different, Like, I mean, you look at these managed leagues, like I saw something in the chat taking three qbs not sometime to recommend. It's just you know, I understand wasting picks and like you look at like a twentieth round to a pick or the you know with Strout in May. It's tough when you have to click the button in best Ball, totally understand it. You're never gonna have that opportunity, But you know, when are you ever going to click one of those? It's just so hard to do that in a managed league, Like and you're tying up roster spots. You want that handcuff running back in the twentieth round, upside receiver tight end like a Benson not or you know, Ronde Gatston. Obviously where they're going isn't really relevant, but like guys that have a little bit more upside because you know they can give you that league winning type of type of profile. When it comes to these you know, three quarterback builds, like you know he was on the show. I think they had a really a draft. But to me, I would have stopped after Stroud and then just tooking somebody with high upside and never take two defenses.
Speaker 3: Please stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I'm not on board with the two defenses. When you're drafted the two.
Speaker 4: Roster positions in a league, that's very very because let's just let's call it what it is. Free agency is extremely difficult.
Speaker 1: You are not. You are not.
Speaker 4: Like we see all these articles that come around and like, all these guys are available and free to guess what in the FFPC, They're not available. They're all drafted, every single one of them. So I hold up roster spots with Tua and a backup defense.
Speaker 1: It's like, I will say this turf and I'm not saying that that this is this holds true with scoops up Beverly's squad here, but I will say it is much easier to cut a second defense or a third quarterback than sometimes the seventh running back or an eighth you know. So, so when you look at this from from this standpoint, the first waivers are going to go through a week before the season starts or whatever, maybe so of these guys look really unappealing and it's easy to cut them, Whereas if you draft a deep team sometimes it's not easy to cut. I'm not saying that that's normal. That's probably if.
Speaker 3: You were drafting a team you'd rather have Sean Tucker.
Speaker 1: Over to I would. I would prefer the shot in the dark type guys yes, you're right that Smith like that, Yes exactly. Yeah, but to each their own because I've never won a million bucks in this contest, and you never know what's gonna happen. Uh, thank you so much for one day exactly. We will be coming out of the days till Dave is. I'll tell you that it's gonna be great. I in fact, I will fly to Philadelphia for that as well.
Speaker 3: Wait and get you on a real team.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that. Get that. Get that uhh ron Juwarski Jersey uh line, Reggie White, Uh yeah, I'm down with that as well. Turp. We will see you on Wednesday right on live draft coverage for the FF on the show. Yeah theo gramager'clock.
Speaker 3: Time and that's.
Speaker 1: That's Bigerilla okay, So that's a biggerl draft you Aiden Lacory and of course the OG Fantasy on X Deo Grammager from Fantasy Points gonna be hopping on with live coverage that is coming up on Wednesday night at nine pm Eastern. You said nine o'clock. Yep, nine o'clock okay, perfect, Urp. We will continue to follow you on the X at Dave Turp. Thank you so much for hopping aboard with me tonight. Be good and enjoy your weekend. Dude. See guys, that is Daveterpoli, Ladies and gentlemen. So good to have him on tonight as we had a great, great evening of drafts or of drafting tonight. I want to thank Bob and Hudson Hogan, Mike Mehlberg, Steve, Steve rgalos Aj Petco. We had David Krupsky on, Daveterpoli, of course the ff PC Rob Rice, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back next Friday on the hsff O UR ten pm Eastern Time. Don't miss at Farrell Elliott will be back. In case you miss last night's Thursday night insider access show we had on the Better Sports Network with Goat District's Draft Room baller John Daniel j D joined me for two full hours. That was great. Check that out on the FFPC and BS and Socials in case you missed it. Bigger a Tournament, FFPC Main Event, FFPC Bestball Tournament and super Flex Bestball Tournament available at my FFPC dot com, as well as f FPC Dynasty Leagues two thousand plus leagues and fifteen years none have ever folded. Thanks so much for participating, for joining, for playing and liking this video, commenting on this video, sharing with your friends, sharing with your enemies, and getting notified each and every time we go live again. Next week you're looking at Theogrammager, Dave Tripoli, and Aiden McCory on Best Ball Draft coverage on Wednesday, Thursday, Insider Access Show with myself and FF actually Fantasy Football Consistency Guide and of course the Fantasy football what do they call it in Canton every year the fantas Bob Long, the guy who founded the get together every year that everybody flocks to and Canton, he's gonna talk a little bit about that, the conference that goes on in Canton every year, which is is massive at this point. Bob is going to join us from seven to nine Eastern on Thursday, and then of course we'll have.
Speaker 3: The live HSFFL or on Friday.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for watching, everybody, Really appreciate each and every one of you for watching, listening, downloading, streaming. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot Com.
Speaker 1: It was broadcast live and was watched around the world.
Speaker 2: Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, and more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week. I'm so sorry for screwing this up.
Speaker 1: It's the Fantasy Football Expo in Canton, which is happening this year August A through tenth. If you want more details on how to join, how to be part of it, we will have all that on Insider Access on Thursday night. HSiO resumes Friday night at ten pm Eastern time. Be good to everybody. Thank you so much for watching, and thanks for enjoying this draft tonight. I had a blast. Hope you did too. We'll talk with you again real soon.