Speaker 1: Callaroga Shock Media.
Speaker 2: Hey there, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news, the daily Briefing on stand up comedy comedians, on the comedy industry. A sentence the Algorithm loves Margaret Joe posted Louis c K should have just had an OnlyFans so people could just pay to watch him, you know, do ck stuff instead of subjecting female comics to it. Missed financial opportunity. Eric Duggans on Substack ask the question does Louis CK's new Netflix special and high profile concert appearance signal Hollywood has turned its back on the me too movement it once championed. Case you missed the headline, Netflix has invited Louis Ck to headline a show at the Netflix as a Joe Comedy Festival. Louis will also have a special on Netflix later this year. Eric Duggans rights. Some people have suggested that it's difficult to know how to handle someone like Louis c K, who was still relatively young and capable of creating a lot more projects. He's been away from most mainstream metricy it for years, They might say, isn't that enough? Eric writes, For me, it's much less about how long they've been gone than what they've done to earn their way back into mainstream show business. Besides proving how much money they can make someone Eric, I will tell you right now, that's always the answer, like always welcome to show business, Eric Wrights. Has c K fully admitted how he's harassed women in the past. Did he apologize directly and publicly to them? Has he helped any of the women who spoke honestly about what he did and saw their careers atomized afterwards. Hollywood prefers to avoid the kinds of admissions which can bring lawsuits and morals classes. Instead, the big business of entertainment would much prefer situation where store stays underground until the social blowback has passed, emerging with a tale of redemption and renewal just in time to sell tickets, streams, memberships, and more. Already, Luis c K has won a Grammy for Best Comedy Album in twenty twenty two, and it's a sure bet will be a contender when these new Netflix special gets released as an album. By turning up blind eye to all the rumors about him, all these gatekeepers created a situation where women harassed by him speak out publicly and loudly, just to force the industry to handle it. The too Much TV substack ads as if there were ever a booking that was more on brand for Netflix, it's headlining a guy who is admitted to doing stuff in front of female employees and co workers, because, as he put it in recent performances, when you're really good at something, you want to show it off. They write, it's just the latest example of Netflix's decision that it's nearly impossible for comic to be so unpleasant, so racist, so misogynistic that it might cost them a shot on a worldwide streaming platform. Star Trek Ruiner Patton Oswald has announced a new special. It is called Ruining Star Trek t and Scotch. It will be ru on the eight hundred pound Gerrilla's YouTube channel eight pm Eastern Time, Tuesday, June ninth. T and Scotch offers new takes from Patton Oswald on parenting, living with a caatecies, ghosts, yard cleaning videos, artificial intelligence, and more. Patton Oswald is tall deadline. I've never felt more overwhelmed, terrified, and desperate, so of course my material is the funniest it's ever been, we're reminded that Patton Oswald is an Emmy and Grammy Award winning comedian, actor, writer, and producer. Oswald has been working as a stand up since the late eighties and the decades since. He's released ten specials and helped to ruin Star Trek by playing Doug the Vulcan. Patton Oswalt will soon be starring alongside Jake Johnson and Ben Stiller in Apple's pick aball comedy The Dink, which comes out July twenty fourth. Speaking of Star Trek ruiner, Stephen Colbert's show is coming to an end. Stephen Colbert helped ruin Star Trek by voicing the computer on that horrible, horrible Starfleet Academy show. We now know what CBS will do with the eleven thirty five PM slot. They're not even going to run one single rerun of Colbert. Colbert ends on Thursday May twenty first. That very next night, Friday May twenty second, at eleven thirty five PM, if you put on CBS, you will see Byron Allen's Comics Unleashed, the comedy panel show Byron Allen created in two thousand and six. It will move from twelve thirty seven AM on CBS to eleven thirty five. So What's gonna air? Twelve thirty seven? Another program from Alan Media, this one called Funny You Should Ask. I had to look this up. It's got a five point two rating on IMDb. That's out of ten, and you can watch it for free on two B. Well, it's twelve thirty seven Funny you Should Ask, Future's former extra correspondent John Kelly hosting a comedy game show that features a panel of comedians interacting with two contestants who have a chance to win cash if they can read between the lines of the comics jokes. For example, you could have watched season nine, episode forty eight, which aired February twenty seven, twenty twenty six, that starred Jamie Kennedy, Cheryl Underwood, Adam Carolla, Byron Allen, Natasha Lazio, and Jimmy Walker. Cheap to produce? Yeah, why not? I don't know. I just find it all also disappointing. You know, I'm a broadcasting guy. I grew up in radio. I caught the last five minutes of the Golden Age of radio. I worked with people who worked in radio during World War Two, So like I appreciate all this stuff, and it's just like, yeah, whatever, let's just run Byron Allen Crab who cares. I mean, it's even more disappointing than if they had totally punted and we're like, yeah, let's just run CSI reruns, like at least. I don't know. I just this doesn't sit well with me. I'm just old. Chloe Fyneman started talking about a job she had once been fired from. As I understand things, Chloe Fyneman said, when she was sixteen, she was working as a camp counselor. She was fired after pulling down the pants of a young camper during a hike. She explained the child had repeatedly lifted her shirt as a prank. She decided to retaliate. I'm told. As she told the story, her castmates, which included mikey Day, Sarah Sherman, Ashley Padia, Jane Wickline, and James Austin Johnson, appeared visibly uncomfortable. Chloe said the child was around six years old and admitted the situation escalated what have became obvious he wasn't wearing underwear. The criticism comes from many viewers arguing the anecdote was presented too casually for something involving a child and a humiliating public incident. So after I recorded that section you just heard, I found the clip and I have learned that Vanity Fair has pulled the clip down. But let's listen to the clip that I just explained to you. I think it'll give you a lot more context. And because this is an audio podcast, what you won't see are the faces of her cast mates. And the faces are real bad. Everybody's face is like, what are you doing? Stop talking? It's really bad. But here, let's listen to Chloe Finneman.
Speaker 1: No. I was fired as a camp counselor for hitting on the camp is no pants a boy?
Speaker 3: Oh honey, I think you're on a list.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't wearing underpants. And then a giant school bus drove by and they were like, you can't because he would he would lift my shirt all the time.
Speaker 2: And it was Berkeley. How old was the child?
Speaker 3: He was like six?
Speaker 1: No, it was a different time. Like he would he would be like, hey, can I hug And I'd go to hug him and he like lift my shirt like a dick. And then I was like I'm going to get back at you. And so we were on a hike and I was like, hey, Ollie.
Speaker 3: Go look over there.
Speaker 1: It's a hawk. He looked, and then I yanked his pants down. He wasn't wearing underwear. His little dingling was out. And then these two twins were like, oh, I didn't really you didn't wear wear, And then I was fired.
Speaker 2: Jones made some headlines after appearing on z Way's podcast. Ze Way asked Leslie Jones if Leslie could ever embrace the traditional wife lifestyle. Leslie Jones said, absolutely not, because that's not who the f I am. And my dad he didn't raise me like that. My dad used to literally say that to me. I didn't raise you to be somebody's wife. Jones continued, saying, most of the people that I know have gotten married or divorced. Now I think marriage is legalized slavery. Ze Way asked for more about that. Jones said, especially if he's expecting you to be a tradwife, it might as well pull out a whip and chain. I don't think it's beneficial for a woman at all. Don't get married. I thought this week's snl USA was terrible, Like really really bad. I didn't even make it through a update. The UK one was way better, Peacock finally posting the episodes in a normal hour. I watched both episode three and episode two on Sunday night. There's a lot of good sketches in there. If you watch the show, you know the way one would watch SNL with the full rhythm of cold open, credit monologue, pre recorded sketch. You know how SNL goes. Yeah, I think the week spot on SNL UK is actually the news, but it's only been three weeks. My tip there to the two newscasters pick up the pace a little. I was playing a bunch of video games and catching up on my podcasting What were you playing, John, We're curious. Let's say I was playing MLB the show. I played a bunch of games of NHL twenty six, mostly those two, and I was listening to Joe Rogan's interview with Theovon. As I've said on the podcast before, and I will say again, I like Joe Rogan's podcast because I'm a smart person. I understand what Joe Rogan's podcast is. It's just a conversation. I don't think it's an education at all, and I also like that volume wise, it's usually pretty even. There's not much yelling on the Joe Rogan Experience, which I like. I don't like these podcasts that are all over the place volume wise. But one takeaway I really had from listening to that episode Joe Rogan's not smart. And you know who's even less smart than Joe Rogan? Theovon. I mean, I just listened to this thing, and I'm like, is this a real conversation? I think part of it is Rogan does zero prep. At one point I was listening and he was like, how many astronauts are going around the moon? Ten? Ten? Joe? Did you really think ten astronauts are going around the moon? But theovon he listened to theo Von, this is just like whoa. THEO got a lot of backlash for his appearance on Rogan's podcast. He jumped on social media and said it was very hard for me to be angry and talk at the same time. Some people were upset by comments made by theovon, which I'll clean up here. THEO sat approximately, I'm sick of rich people not putting their fing kids over in these wards. Put your and he used a pejorative for white people kids up there. Let them go shed some effing blood. That got some backlash. THEO went on Twitter and wrote, I mean the elites and the politicians that are leading us into these wars might make different choices if it was their children. I'm thankful to our troops who serve and are far braver than me. Also, wtf do I know? In a separate post, he wrote, I was angry and kind of scared. I wouldn't even have the freedom of speech if all types of people braver than me hadn't sacrificed for it.
Speaker 3: Fassi fun in the street, Gossip Conna, Bobby, Bobby, Gossip Conna, where the meeting with Johnny. It's as a tree.
Speaker 2: We haven't been on gossip Corner in a while, but here we are. And yes, Gossip Corner is about Pete Davidson, who has put his North Salem, New York property on the market, reportedly for two point two seven million dollars, according to Mansion Global. He purchased the four bedroom, three bathroom home, located about ninety minutes from New York City, in twenty twenty three for one point nine to five million dollars. It's on six acres of property. I'm from Queen's. I don't know how much that is. Is that big sounds big? Ay? He tells me. An acre visually is about seventy five to nine percent of an American football field. All right, so Pete's got say five football fields worth of property up there. Pete had previously said about the property, it's literally like living in paradise. The thing I hated about living in the city all the time was I'd wake up to so much noise, whether it be garbage being picked up, or people fighting, or your neighbors or whatever's going on the street. In North Salem. I would wake up naturally and I wouldn't feel a thing. It was the most special feeling. Pete added a guesthouse, movie room, pool, hot tub, cold plunge tool, sauna, and screened in porches to the property. He has also sold his condo in Saint George Staten Island. Pete Davidson is renting a Brooklyn brownstone. He also co owns a ferry. While on Gossip Corner, Chris Rock spotted doing some PDA. That's right. The paparazzi were out and they saw a sixty one year old Chris Rock a photographed with a woman identified as Simone. In photos, Chris Rock and Simone were walking side by side for a daytime stroll. They even stopped to share a kiss while sitting on a park bench. Kevin kellem as a special out. You may know Kevin if you're out of Chicago, he's there on Q one oh one. In his new special, Kevin pours his heart into mutually shared anxieties, being the Black Sheep and what it's like to experience heartbreak when you're lying on the air. Filmed during the Windy City Comedy Festival at Lincoln Hall. You'll find Kevin callems special on YouTube and band camp. Let's chick in. On the Melbourne Comedy Festival, The Scoop went to see Hannah Gatsby's show The Evening Muse. Described as a talk show wrapped in a comedy show wrapped in an existential crisis. Hannah's show got four and a half stars out of five. The Scoop says Gatsby's performance is chaotic and self aware, blending razor ridge wit with disarming vulnerability. We're told few comics mind discomfort, intellect and absurdity, so masterfully The Merlin Theater at Melbourne's Waalds House Theater complex is lovingly decked out with an aesthetic similar to the Tonight Show. Comfy couches a desk for the host, complete with an Emmy an old school applau sign. The first half of the evening takes the form of a stand up show. Gatsby refers to that as the bulk Chat. The second half morphs into a talk show meets quiz show. Hannah Gatsby brings fellow comedians, in this case Abby Howl's and Emma Holland onto the stage. I believe the guests change every night to your stories and tackle trivial pursuit questions. The Scoop says what follows is delightful pandemonium, utterly unpredictable and wildly whimsical. And The Guardian collected stories from performers at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Rich Hall told one you may remember Rich Hall if you're ancient like me. Rich Hall was on Saturday Night Live. Remember that guy? Remember sniglets. If you're old, you do. If you're young, you're like, what are you talking about? Yeah? Rich Hall doesn't make the anniversary specials rich told The Guardian. I was part of the great debate a town hall. The topic was money is the root of all evil. At some point I invoked the biblical metaphor from Matthew quote it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter heaven. On paper looks dicey, but I figured we should at least give the camel a stab at it. I love this. The director, who never met a comic challenge he didn't like, made a few calls and secured a camel. They coasted it into the town hall. The camel pronated, I climbed on his back. The camel stood up. I think my head touched the roof. Someone held a needle in front of the camel's nose. Rich Hall said something like gideup. The camel did not pass through the eye of a needle. Rich Paul says it looked a little ticked off, to be honest. Turns out Matthew was pretty accurate on this one. And that is your comedy news for today. Don't forget to vote for Comedy Survivor. We're down to three. Who will be the comedy Survivor? Will it be Nicki Glazer, John Mulaney or Sarah Silverman. It's up to you. Go to the Facebook group Daily Comedy News Podcast Group. There you'll find a picture of me and last week's eliminated comedian. Yes I phrased that correctly, Sebastian Manascalgo in that thread, you write down a name, You vote somebody off The Island. Comedy survivor Daily Comedy News Podcast group meets you back here in the morning.