Speaker 1: Did you get to see the birds? Did you hear about the birds? It was exciting, but at the same time glad I didn't see it. Kept it with I show you're gone Rubin. Did we excited? We're similar to be pursuing it. Hold out Shaw shaking through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: Eagle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Three your clocking on the dock and got a habit for my house or go s That is how we're starting getting Crattit shows that enough multiply like a rabbit do then so out break it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I won't no thang out with her friend rocking on the radio.
Speaker 1: Mom on boys Kin talking over the radio, it's time to to.
Speaker 5: This falls.
Speaker 1: All baby we go.
Speaker 2: Kat Christine up.
Speaker 1: And yeah slone, Welcome everybody. It's the world famous been in Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle, thank you for tuning in and making us a part of your daily routine. Hopefully we make the workday flat rad on by I want to introduce the crew who's here with me Ben Rogers today, starting with my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two, growing up here in Richardson, Texas, Jeff skin Wade, Hello America, how we doing as we close in on celebrating yet another birthday for this great country of ours. Ben yep, are you gonna Are you gonna be doing any barbecuing? Yeah? Man, it's just good drop. What Why would you doubt my veracity in that department?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just man, I let my grill go and it wandered off. Well, my wife she likes to wear the pants. Yeah, as you know, and so like immediately I had this badass grill. I had this big green egg. She wanted to like, she wanted to be the grill master. Yeah, I'm like, man, have had it. Like that's fanta. That's a good break for me because it's not at all an ass whip getting a big green egg, get right. So, but she really enjoys doing it, and it's typically that's the one meal or the one area of food making that most dudes. I got at this all grill the burgers and dogs. She's like, no, I want to do it. She really wants to do it right on. And it's great because I can then she can do the work, and then I can critique her work. So it's perfect. It's nice to hold a drink and just critique somebody. So my son is in town from college, and so we got out on this badass grill that I bought I don't know how many years ago, it's been now seven years or something, six years, and he goes, Dad, I can't get it to start, and so I go out there. The grill's having all sorts of problems. It looks terrible, it no propane. I'm like, why hadn't this thing been cleaned. When's the last time this thing was cleaned? It was terrible. It's like there's these But it was a very expensive grill, and I, you know, back when we were endorsing Barbecue's Galore. Yeah, I ended up getting a great deal on it. And so anyways, you can't push the button to start it. You got to stick a lighter down in there, and it just looks messy and it's a total disaster. And so I was embarrassed that I could barely even get it going for my son, and so I hired a guy to come out and clean the grill, a grill cleaner, a grill cleaner, and I think, if you find this guy, So I started making some calls to our friends in the barbecue business. Hey, do you have a guy because I remember hearing about this. Now people will come to your house and clean your grill. It was like three hundred dollars. It's the price of a smaller grill and it looks brand new now. Oh nice. I mean it's insane, but it was just it reminded me. God, I haven't been out grilling in a long time. Yeah, I don't like to do anything. Also, joining us today is the pride and joy of Olney, Texas. Kevin KT Turner. What's up Quades?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 8: So I think it's the equivalent of your grill the hell stopped up nose.
Speaker 1: You just had to get the mucus out. Yeah, I showed you eat mucas out. If I showed you before and after of that grill, before it was clean and after, you'd be amazed, and you would also go God, man, I should never eat over at Ben's house because it was it got bad. Yeah, but you've also warned us about eating at your house because we think all of the food is really old. Because of my life and it's true, she likes to save money. She's so frugal that she will push the envelope in terms of whether something's still good or not. Like you're eating a bread mold sandwich, like it's fine, doesn't taste like anything. But I did have a bunch of people over for a barbecue one time, and the worst thing possible happened diarrhea. Everyone got food poisonous. Oh, first thing, you had the Pooh Cruise of grilling. Yeah, it was the Pooh Cruise of grilling. And there was like three lawyers who were there too. It was really dangerous. Anybody watch Does anybody watch Pooh Cruise?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. I can't bring myself to hit play on it. Yeah, I can't either, Like it's gonna be gross, right, I think it is, but I'm compelled. But yet I want to watch other things?
Speaker 8: Can I just don't add to what he said he didn't like to do anything. Shoot, grilling sounds great until you go outside. Yeah, it's like Jesus, it's hot, too hot. It was ninety six all weekend, which is pretty mild.
Speaker 1: Like I like it outside. I like it in you know, mid November, and old grilling is actually better. Well let's see, I mean hell and here it's like that's sixty five degrees or whatever. Dude, I have two services right now that I would stand by. One is this grill cleaner. He's not an advertiser. I'm not going to say his name, but if anybody out there once they're grill clean, holler at me. I'll connect you. It's you'll just take like ten percent of I don't. I'll take nothing, and I'll just connect you via social media. The other is this guy that details cars. It's just a kid in our neighborhood. Yeah, it's phenomenal. It's like the greatest bargain ever. Would he come clean my city issued garbage bins? No? I don't think he'd do that. Okay, there is there are companies that do that. Though. It's interesting that you won't stand by church service, but go ahead right. Also joining us today the Pride and Joy of Oatmeal Pizza Blanket, Christina k Ray little baby form bread Ray. Look at her right. How'd the show go? Oh?
Speaker 7: It was great? It was really great.
Speaker 3: And then I realized we're not playing again until August, so I got kind of sad, like I should have soaked that in more.
Speaker 1: Why don't we put a bill together, you guys? Headline will get Kat's new band meat Mucus on the bill and do something. Let's do something outdoors in mid July. I love it. Then can go out there and grill.
Speaker 3: Also, anything you leave outside, doesn't it immediately get dirty? Like anything that you're outside, you know that's going to be bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. Okay, what about there's a right around the time we you know not, I mean we've been in our house for a couple of years, but got the whole outdoor grill area set up for me to never use, Like, you know what, I need to put a TV right there so I can watch the Ranger game when I'm not grilling. Got that thing put in. You walk out there and he looks, well, there's just a thin brown film covering it.
Speaker 3: Spiderwebs, maybe lost thing.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got to see all of you guys on Saturday night, which was awesome because I went to the Kestler has seen a great Eric Nadell. What a great music venue, Such a great music venue, and I forgot. Yeah, I saw Nadell early and then didn't see him again because I got all wrapped up and stuff. He's so awesome, got to visit with him. I saw Jeff Lyles Legend got to talk to Michael Lee and Paul Shalda and Sir Daniel Bayless Esquire look at him and it was great because talking to Danny, he's so involved now in their show in Cirk. He does so much of their social media and editing and stuff like that. He was just so he's in my world a little bit. So we were talking about a lot of that, comparing notes and it was just like, man, he's like, I am so beaten. He goes by the time the show starts, I've already done. I haven't had time to do any work for the show because I've been having to do all this other crap. Okay, it takes so long to do. And it's like we're just sitting there enjoying that moment together. It was awesome. And on top of that, he's raising a hyperactive four year old. Yeah, that's so amazing. He's older than it us. He's so beaten down, but it's awesome to see you guys in the wild. And Christina was in the awkward situation of she hugged cat and then she's like, do I hug Ben because I see him every day? So you got to decide when do you hug someone that you see every day? And I had one or two awkward hugs with KT. Yeah I was pretty drunk, man, I would have smashed. I'm always okay. Yeah. Yeah. The best bit, Christine is if you go up you hug Cat and then you turn to Ben and just give him a huge kiss in front of Cat and then just see just it's a great bit. It's a great bit. Yeah, I'm gonna do that to your way. I can't wait. All right, we are going to fish it out. We're off and running, So let's move on to things. Skin is tracking where you gonna take us? All right, I'm going to add on to something that happened to me and KT Saturday night, which is what should our expectations be after one am? All right, before we get to that, and that's just three minutes away. You don't want to miss that. That's a good tease. Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Hey, we've got tickets to Ice nine kill and we're gonna hook you up right now. If you have the iHeart app, the first person using the talkback feature on the iHeart app that can list their name, their phone number, their email address and the answer to the question what classic man activity has been just talking about that he doesn't do anymore, that his wife has taken over and he had to call a specialist out to clean it. We're just talking about it. If you know the answer, you're gonna win. Those tickets. Will be giving them away all week long. So good luck everybody. Did Brad Pitt save Hollywood this weekend? We'll get to that at the bottom of the hour, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 9: Track, another edition of things Skin is Traffic.
Speaker 1: All right. I know later in the show we're going to talk about what the critics think are the best TV shows of the year so far. I am four episodes into The Bear. Anybody watching season four or yet? I'm three in?
Speaker 3: No, I have to watch season three by my Really, yeah, what, Mike, you won't watch it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I kept waiting for him, and finally he's like, just do it?
Speaker 1: So does he not under Is it just because he sleeps till five pm? Every day?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 10: Three?
Speaker 1: I realized that I had not finished season three. Oh how far back a I'm like four or five episodes in, so I'm like, okay, I got some kitchen up to do. Yeah. Uh, so we're in that situation. KT. I think you're being measured on this and trying to ration it out. We watched two more episodes last night, and my wife is putting on the full court press, let's go, let's go, cause it's it's our favorite show for sure. I mean, I don't even know that I got a second place, and I don't watch as much TV as you guys do, but that show gives me everything I won out of a time investment, every single thing. So I'll be interested later in the show to see what the critics feel about it. But man, part of it too is the acting's great. The characters are great. They've created in season four, you know, there's all sorts of like narrative tools to make something engaging. They got a shot clock on this one, everything, and they've been building up towards this throughout the series. And I don't want to give too much away for you finishing season three, but there's a little bit of a theme and the way it ends with the idea of how you spend your time in life and the idea of every second counts in every aspect of your life. So they, you know, to show that through their editing, they create all this tension and they have added the element of a shot clock, like a sixty minutes thing going no, but you'll see, you'll see. And it's kind of like the what the great radio pundit Greg the Hammer Williams once said, a relay race builds excitement. Okay, so there's that. Also, Christina had one of the greatest things I'd never thought about ever. I was trying to get you guys to watch segment from sixty minutes, and she said, as soon as I heard the theme, I was out. Yeah. And then I had this moment where I was like, wait a minute. Their theme is a sound effect and it's iconic. It is iconic. That is so amazing. I had never once thought about this. Sixty minutes music is the sound of a stop watch. Yeah, and it's the most effective thing ever. Has anyone ever once considered this?
Speaker 3: Not really, but you're right. As soon as anyone hears that, they're like, oh yeah, sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: It also has that feel of it's Sunday evening and the work week is a boond Yes, that's why the mash theme always broke ours. Yeah, so sad. It made me know I had to go to bed. I want to do the greatest theme songs of old time. That that's their theme song. Think about that. Wow, that is fricking amazing. Yeah. And when I was a kid, it did mean you know, NFL was over, Yeah, and you had to go to school the next day and whatever was about to be on. My dad was going to watch and it was going to be as boring as could possibly be. And as I was watching it the other day, I was like, lamenting, man, this is iconic, and pretty much every story they roll out I'm riveted by because now I'm the old man and they do incredible investigative journalism, which is not there anymore. My god, it's a unicorn. Now it's it's a unicorn and it's so good. Uh so, And then I have one more little nugget. On Saturday night, Ben, you mentioned that we had all been out together and we were in Oak Cliff and KT was without his bride, so he had ubered there and needed a ride. So I was going to get my ride back to Richardson because it's on the way for us. We live in Allen, And as we're driving, we're like, yo, let's get some neat late night, because this is probably after two, right one somewhere in there. Yeah, so I'm open at that time. There's a few places.
Speaker 8: It was in the it was before two am. I know, because the idea of places being open was still.
Speaker 1: We were looking.
Speaker 8: It was still like, you know, if it was two, I think it's like, no, we can't do anything.
Speaker 1: It was pretty close.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: The place we stumbled upon, which we're not gonna say it was open twenty four hours. Oh is it a house that makes toasted things? No?
Speaker 7: I hope diner.
Speaker 1: But so Katie actually called his wife and so she met us there. Oh cool, we got there. We'd been there eight minutes before we were greeted. Is that so accurate? After we were seated? Probably a staff of three. But it's not like they're crowded. It took eight minutes for someone to get over to you. Yeah. Okay, So now my wife goes, let's get out of here, right. I'm like, honey, we don't have options. I do that same thing. Yeah, it's going poorly. Let's just go ahead and hit the eject button. It's not going to just get better. Yeah, it's never gonna get better, especially once the waiter walks by your table seven times. He's also talking to some friends. Yeah, that was very strange. So we finally I was like, look, we finally got an order of water and chips and kowa. I'm gonna tell you real quick, I did not give a crap. I was hammered. Okay, I had not care, and so I was like, let's at least we're not just gonna leave. Chips and caeso were coming at some point, so my impatient wife has given me hell. So a few minutes later, they set down the water and they set down the chips and kso, and let me just say, it was like stale chips and cold brod cheddar broccoli soup. And I thought it was great. It was it was, it was, it was. It was Luke cool. And to Katie's point, I was fine with it. The ladies were not. The ladies were not happy, and so they're like, I'm out here. We gotta go, we gotta go. So I flagged down the waiter and he finally walked up after having a seven minute conversation with the table next to us. He's like, you guys, right, order I go, man, we are going to bounce he goes, oh no.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: My service said, how do you answer that? The guy looked exactly like one of our old rapper friends, Rob Loves. Okay, okay, so what did you say? Well? I said, no, no, we have man, it is so late. We've just what are you doing? Usually you take the opportunity to train a waiter. No, you live for those opportunities. I do. But you know, you've got to have a willing pupil. If you're going in part wisdom, you're never gonna have a willing pupil.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so he gave us the bill for nine dollars and fifty cents for the what tasted like it tastes broccoli. So I'm telling you what y'all do. Y'all go somewhere else. No, I mean, no other options, No other options. That's a nice out there.
Speaker 8: Oh that is.
Speaker 7: An l metro Dinair would have been the good choice.
Speaker 1: But that would have been we live up north. We a buzz Bruise or something. Yeah, buzz Berus would have been great. God. All right again, what are your expectations that late?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not high? All right, we are off and running on a Monday, coming up next. Don't go anywhere. It's the Hollywood shuffle. Did Brad Pitt just save Hollywood? Jut God Day on the top in the woots.
Speaker 8: Roots. So today is Monday, June thirtieth. Christina saw the movie F one back on the seventeenth, I want to say, because she saw it ten days before it was released. Yeah, the week before, so she got ahead of it. I'll tell you that it's doing very well on Rotten Tomatoes. It has a ninety seven percent audience score, wow, eighty three percent from critics.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think it's one.
Speaker 8: I think Christina said I when she did the segment on It's like, it's kind of like top Gun, but with F one cars.
Speaker 7: That's exactly like top I was.
Speaker 1: Like when America's gounna love it. Yeah, So your big box office weekend winter was the F one movie fifty If we're going to round up fifty six million domestic states, yes, about.
Speaker 8: One hundred and forty four million globally because F one translates, you know, to every continent besides Antarctica.
Speaker 1: Is that one forty four outside of America or combined? You know, you're saying things that I don't know the answer to. That's why I was asking Christina.
Speaker 8: Let me just say with confidence and authority that you can tell us fake.
Speaker 1: Sure. That's good. Okay, too, good job, Brad Pitt.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do know a lot of people who saw it this weekend. I was amazed, like, oh, you guys already saw Oh, already saw it.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Well, now where are we on the it really it's going to drop on Wednesday. But the July fourth movie is Jurassic Park Jurassic World Rebirth with Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why they just make the same movies over and over. Now and then there's eleven, Fast and Furious. I don't understand it. But now we're on the island where even the most dangerous Dina Right this time, this one's got those water dinosaurs, right, Yeah, this time they're like alligators and they're pissed. I like that.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty much in because it's too hot to do anything outside, so I think I'll probably it's got dinosaurs in it, and Scarlet what could go wrong?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: I'll go see it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not? Are you gonna go see it on Wednesday?
Speaker 7: Probably not on Wednesday, but over the weekend maybe, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: So disappointed that Mikey won't drop thirty minutes into a bear. That's unbelievable. I'll pay per view this thing, but I won't go to the theater for that.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: You like the Big Spectacle though? I do, but I just can't. I just can't if it's it's hard for me to get excited about it when there's so many of them. Scarlet Johansson Man, yeah, post baby. I don't think she's getting naked though. Yeah, with her emotions raw and exposed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some crazy will be so upset with you. Ben, you're not going to the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Decid movie, You're right right now, let's still get them.
Speaker 3: And and how many Missions Impossibles are there?
Speaker 1: So I was never a Mission Impossible fan. Oh my god, you're admitting this. He listens. Yeah, he's a huge listener now. Tom Poop im Gun Maverick was so good that I think it bled into making this good. The last Mission Impossible movie was the best of all of them by far, and it was a really well done movie. The Foot there's a huge flaw in that whole thing, this idea that Okay, here's a character doing terrible things or doing something. Oh look, it's Scooby Doo. You can just rip the face right off. And it's not the real person. That happens in those movies. It happens in every one of the movies. It's a staple that it's like, oh, it's not really him, it's someone wearing a face mask. See that was only realistic in Face Off, right, thank you, which that was really it's a little different. But again, I think it was on the heels of top Gun Maverick and this doubt and the nostalgia. That is the whole reason I was excited about seeing this one, and it was great. It was like the same recipe. But again, all these movies that are the same ones over and over and over, I'm just not interested.
Speaker 8: This is where I think everyone's probably gonna go watch it, and I don't think people are going to like it because until you start killing main characters, the story's the same. We're running from dinosaurs, and that's my fear.
Speaker 1: They just didn't have like Jeff Goldbloom and Laura Dern and it does it.
Speaker 8: I'm sure gold Bloom will show up. He showed up in the last ones. Yeah, I'll watch anything with them. Might have killing Blue minute.
Speaker 1: They might have killed him, but he showed up in the Jurassic worlds Okay, but Christina would know.
Speaker 7: I should know more about this than I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm behind on all of this because I thought Laura Dern was.
Speaker 7: But I think that was the last one they.
Speaker 1: Did, so watching that one. I saw the first two of them. Yeah, the second one was so bad, the second one, the first was good. Yeah, I don't know with this one. I think they all suck. All right, there you have it, Brad Pitt first one. Yeah, coming up next in just over three minutes, it's the Wayback Machine. Things that happened on this week ten years ago. That's next, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Do we have some tense audio from a local sports broadcast. We'll let you be the judge. Coming up here in about fifteen minutes or so. But right now it's time for this. It's time to go into the.
Speaker 8: All right, so ten things that happened ten years ago this week, because it's good to think about the past. You know, as you get older, you realize that time fies and is that is happening? If I gave you the script, I thought that's the one you emailed to me before the show, So we'll start out with this one. I will grossed doubt by this, to be honest, not like a visceral throwing up way, but Joey Chess Nutt lost the hot dog eating contest for the first time ten years ago. This week, he'd never lost before. Some guy named Matt Stoney came in and ate sixty two of those things. Tony, Joey Chess just took down sixty in his mouth.
Speaker 3: That's a weird, weird, Yes, how long? How long did we have to do? Sixty two? Sixty two?
Speaker 1: Honestee, I don't know how he gets in thirty second, five ten minutes. I don't know five ten minutes. It's disgusting and I'll never forget the time Skin and I were doing a Saturday remote on Sports Radio thirteen ten in the ticket, I think we're at Bob Thomas Ford and our buddy Boston Dave was one of our listeners, was there and they were doing a big hot dog eating contest and they're like, guys, there's no one entered in this thing. And we're like Boston Dave sitting there and we're like, dude, wuld you mind getting in this contest? So he jumped in it for us, very reluctantly, and then looked like he was going to die. At the end of it. He had turned blue. Yeah, and he goes, yeah, my heart, doctor's going to be very upset with me for doing this, and we were like, what, he goes, I probably need a ride to the hospital. This is before everybody had a cell phone. So he left to go to some medical emergency place and we didn't hear from him for weeks. He would come to every Saturday remote we did, and then we didn't see him for a long time. We were like, did he die die? I don't know, And back then you couldn't really get in touch with people now and so we were, man, I think the next time we saw him was probably a month later, and I bet we ran and jumped in his arms.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're looking in the phone book for Boston Day, amazing him. Couldn't find a number for Hong Kong Paul to ask him. So now that I now that I have okay, now that I have indigestion, the idea of a hot dog eating contest which always grossed me out, but I can't imagine doing that. I can't imagine that quickly shoving something that unhealthy in your body over and over and over again.
Speaker 8: So there's a thing that's taken off online right now. It's more of a TikTok thing, I guess, but it's nine innings, nine beers, nine hot dogs. Oh that's great. I just saw the most disgusting couple. They're at Astro's game.
Speaker 1: I just watched the video and they kept ordering and the guy can't even do the beers and she they had to be sharing the hot they're not eating them all, but they ordered all these different types of hot dogs. And this girl is just going to town pretty hot on these wieners. It was not man speed eating. It was so gross but also impressive, but also nothing I would do. Is it Bonnie Blue? It's not Bonnie Blue, but uh, way less hot than Bonnie Blue. Okay? Ten years ago this week? Did he fell in a hole with the bet Awards? Way funnier?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Actually? Why was there a hole that was somewhere nearby the bet Awards stage opening, you know, and he fell into it? Do you guys wear your wedding ring?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Wedding ring ring? Yeah? Do you not wear yours kt No, there it is there, it is.
Speaker 7: Yeh, don't look at me.
Speaker 1: I don't have one.
Speaker 7: It's my fault.
Speaker 1: Oh something has been revealed. That is a pretty good bit by us to turn the pressure on him.
Speaker 7: I don't have one.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot going on with Mike right now. I think you can leverage that to get him to start watching the bear because that's an easier situation for him.
Speaker 7: Does not need that pressure.
Speaker 8: I'll say this is a story that discarred me for life, and it happened ten years ago. So Jimmy Fallon used to have a big drinking problem and he might I don't know. So he tripped on a rug and then he grabbed like a countertop to catch himself, and he suffered what was called a ring evulsion, and he had to go to the ICU for ten days and nearly lost his finger. So basically, when he tried to catch himself, that ring like jammed into his finger and he nearly lost his ring finger.
Speaker 1: That's weird. I have seen I remember the story. I know it was a long time ago. I have seen people that wear jewelry for so long and then they put on weight and their hands swell up and their jewelrys trapped on their body and the circulation. Oh my god, that is terrifying. And that was around the time I had that app on my phone that blocked anything related to Jimmy Fallon. So that just make sure. Yeah, one of the things that happened.
Speaker 8: Also, this is the week that they released the trailer for the movie Creed, and people were going, Oh, they're gonna redo Rocky, and then Creed went out and got let's see here, one hundred and seventy four million, that's a nicety two got two hundred and fourteen million.
Speaker 1: That's the same filmmaker as Sinners and Black Panther and all that. It's Ryan Kugler. Is that the guy's name. I don't know. I think that's sort of Creed. I think I could be wrong on that, but I thought that was the case because it's Michael B. Jordan and they do a ton of stuff together. It is Michael B. Jordan. It is Ryan Kugler, right, yeah, in your face, Christina. That's about all the stuff. And there's some other things, Bill, what are they? Yeah, there you have it. There's the wayback machine. Things that happened this week ten years ago. Coming up next to the audio bubble bath, we had some tense audio from yesterday's Ranger game. We got to take a listen to that.
Speaker 2: Next, got something from the Rangers game yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Rangers had three x training games this weekend. It was really fun, even though they lost two of them. But Emily Jones was working this year. Saturday they had the big Elvis Andrews Hall of Fame induction thing, which is great. Watched it was very cool and they're like bosom buddies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're tight, but Emily Jones doesn't do a ton of games anymore. They've got Laura Stickles as the field reporter now in Emily's part time.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I feel like I've seen her two or three series this year. I don't know the whole schedule, but I doubt she travels anymore. She might, yeah, I don't know. So I do know that Emily gets along with everyone.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 8: I know that Dave Raymond and Mike Bassik are in the booth. I know Dave Raymond's kind of funny guy, the little sarcasm. So I don't think there's anything here, but it.
Speaker 1: Did make me stop Emily's got a fun fact about an.
Speaker 8: Instrument that Bruce Bochie might have played growing up.
Speaker 10: Did a little digging today, Actually I didn't. I just was lucky to be on the receiving end of this information. The instrument that Bruce Bochie played growing up, and Bassic, if you were paying attention, don't chime in, Dave. I know you weren't, because you never. I'm wondering if you guys can't guess I hate you.
Speaker 1: I would just guess accordion. Oh my gosh, I hate you.
Speaker 10: You were listening, You actually listened.
Speaker 1: I'm here every day, Emily, so.
Speaker 10: He's always talking about playing the accordion.
Speaker 7: This the first time I heard it.
Speaker 1: Well, we've had the conversation, let's put it that way. But yeah, well what basic were you listening?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 5: I had this great little gem and they just burst my bubble.
Speaker 1: You were trying to throw me under the bus. I did throw you under the bus. I was trying to back over you one more time, and you didn't let me. Can happen? I've got the strength of ten men.
Speaker 7: Okay, well that went horribly wrong.
Speaker 1: We're broadcasting. Oh no, okay, So I got a little bit more with the Linery said, I'm here every day. Emily. I was like, oh, come on, man, I uh, let me just say it's all in good fun. Clearly, I think I think it's in good fun. And Dave Raymond makes me laugh, Emily, he always made me laugh. We know that we've had her on the show. We've talked about what a badass he is. Dave Raymond makes me laugh. I think he's really really good.
Speaker 8: But I know, did y'all did y'all at least made me go wait, hold on? It caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: But knowing, uh, Emily, she's so much fun that she's doing that because they have a great relationship. That's that's I can't understand how that sounds awkward, but I think it's probably just phenomenal rapport. I would also say this, knowing a little bit about the people involved, I do think there was a little bit of tension there, and it's what those of us in the local media business call the basic effect. Come on, now, watch basket, try to get the mix though. What rock started? You want to be Emily?
Speaker 7: What are your broadcast?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, what rock started? You want to be emilyasic? No way, We've got a story but.
Speaker 5: I asked Boach if he wanted to do a duet not.
Speaker 1: Enjoy playing the according did I hear that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: But he did not enjoy it, And he's.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what instrument that is?
Speaker 10: And he said he was known to throw it, which did not make his mother very happy.
Speaker 1: Plus, it makes an awful noise when you throw it. I think it makes an awful noise when you play it. Fascinating instrument though, Right, It's like if you're talking about like I don't know about the bassoon. I don't know anything about playing it. We have to sit on a strap.
Speaker 10: It's so big you have to sit on a strap to support it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not know that either. Let me just say this is a very important series. These games were tight looking it up because I'm not. It's basically a read and kind of like what you would hear with it. It's like a deeper clarinet. Yeah, that's what I thought. But when she described it with that last that, I don't it. I don't think you have to sit on a strap. I've seen people play it standing up. It's it's larger than a clarinet. Well that it's not quite a saxophone. I just want to say something that is the part of the broadcast that I would lean in and be into you more than any of anything else that's happening. That is magic to me. Anytime she's talking and doing her thing and it creates a little hijinks and weirdness and awkwardness and hilariousness, and that is brilliant. Okay did I did I hear this?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Did Did BASIC ask Emily what kind of a rock star she wanted to be? A rock stars she wanted to be? And she answered a bassoon She's that I played the bassoon point. Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 8: How was Mike Bassett talking about pitching is amazing unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I just I just kind of was messing with him. But I really wanted to say, I think he's born to do the job he's doing. He I think he's great at that.
Speaker 8: A way to watch the game about with Jack Lyder that never thought of before, And he was like, just count the pitches if you're watching, which this is no this is dumb and nerdy stuff. Count the pitches that are out of the zone that they swing at, and then the ones that are in the zone that they swing at and they hit and he was like, some wait to look at it, because they couldn't hit Jack Lyder until the one inning. Jack Lider was like, I'm gonna put some pitches in the zone. I'm gonna put some pitches in the zone. In the Mariner score.
Speaker 1: It was fun though. Actually I think Bassing's great at calling the game. Yeah it is. Oh, that was good stuff, good audio. Was it tense? Maybe not? Was it magical? Indeed? It was all right? Coming up next is Lebron? Is there? Is it even possible that Lebron could come to the Dallas Mavericks. We have to have this discussion. Don't go anywhere. It's just three minutes away. It happens next Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. It's always a fun week when you have July fourth. So I bet a lot of you guys are off on Friday. We're gonna be off on Friday. We'll be doing the best of show. But when you have that short week, it's like you're more at tempted to go out and do something leading up to the week, Right, what about going out tonight and getting dinner at the Twisted Root Burger Company, they're the sponsor of this segment. And then they have their own build your own burger menu that's taking off right now. They have their classics too. They spent the last six months revamping their menu back with a vengeance. They have the Billgron Burger and then Specialty Burgers. And not only that, they got a great discount if you go in and mention us. Yeah, I mentioned the Ben and Skin show to save ten percent. I mean, that's no joke in this day and age where prices are out of control and all that. If you want to save ten percent, go get one of the best burgers of your life at Twister ru Burger Company and mention benin Skin to save ten percent. You gonna love it all right. Coming up here at the bottom of the hour, we have a love shock, which is always fun. We love hot sex rumors. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 9: Man around the sports KTD pun twins as all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: So, over the weekend, Lebron opted into his one year, fifty plus million dollar deal with the Lakers, and here is the quote from his agent, Rich Paul. Lebron wants to compete for a championship. He knows the Lakers are building for the future. He understands that, but he values a realistic chance of winning it all. We're very appreciative of the partnership that we've had for eight years with Genie Buss and Rob Polinka of the Lakers, and consider the Lakers as a critical part of his career. And it reads as Okay, he's trying to get out of there, and I think that's where we are now with a lot of people going, okay, is Lebron trying to work a trade right now? Or is he stuck with the Lakers, who you know are good but probably not you know, elite in the West.
Speaker 1: Did you guys just happen to dig a look at Lebron's numbers this year? Yes, I looked at him. They were insane. I mean I think he was. Was he sixth in MVP voting or something? He had one of his best seasons that he's had in three or four season, twenty four eight and eight. I mean, dude, you know there's three guys in the league that put up twenty four eight and eight. It was the Joker, Luca and Lebron. That's it. That's the whole list.
Speaker 8: I was said my first thought when I read that too, was that I was like, Lebron doesn't like that Luca is the best player on the team, so he wants to go somewhere, And that's just a personal selfish thing that I thought.
Speaker 1: I just think, if you're that old, you're in your forties and you're still playing, why would you do anything but contend At that point, there's no point being a part of a team that's rebuilding, did you guys see And I don't think the Lakers are rebuilding per se, but obviously you know they're transitioning to it being Luca's team. Now, did you guys see the clip or hear about the clip of him at dinner with Kevin Love and Kevin Love's wife. No, so they were friends, still our friends. Obviously they won championships together. They're big, big wine drinkers, like that's that's their jam. And basically Lebron can be heard on the clip saying that his wife wants him to retire in the next year. Effing retire. Yeah, effing retire in the next year. Savannah wants me to effing retire in the next year. In the next year. So and so that was from a week ago. Or a few days ago or whatever. Now, the reason that all this is interesting is that Lebron never opts into the last year of his deal. I think this is the first time he's ever done it. Yeah, that's the first time. What he usually does is he opts out of his deal and they sign a long term deal. So here's my read on all this. And Lebron's a savvy guy. I mean he knows, Like if you go look right now, there's so much action in Vegas on where he's gonna go next. The team that has the best odds to acquire Lebron as Dallas. Okay, if Lebron wanted to go somewhere else, he would not have opted into his deal. He would have done a sign in trade with the Lakers for more than one year. He would he wouldn't go somewhere else for one year. He would go somewhere else for at least two years, and he would have done a sign in trade. What if he just wants to play one more year and wants to contend, then he doesn't opt in and he goes and signs the veteran minimum somewhere because if he wants to contend, I mean, he doing that he's not walking away from fifty million dollars. It's kind of like what we were talking about, Luca. I don't care how rich you are. If someone takes seventy million dollars out of your pocket, your body goes into shock, like he's crazy wealthy, but he doesn't. If any of those guys can go play for more money, they're gonna go play for more money because they also know that the teams don't care about him. If he's gonna get traded, do you have to trade Bronny too? That's what I was thinking too. How does his work? But let's just say, let's just walk down this road. Let's say that Nico wanted Lebron, and Lebron wanted Nico. Just just say that's the and and he just opted in. Yeah, how does it happen from that point? If it could, Okay, the easiest way is to trade Anthony Davis and Okay, so that's not happening. That's a non starter. I mean, Nico, Yeah, and you can't. You have to get to like eight seventy five or eight. They're they're gonna they're right, So you can't. It's it's what the higher your salary is the way like when you start getting up above the first apron, huh, it becomes difficult. When you get above the second apron, it damn near impossible. And they're over now. They're like in the second they sign D'Angelo Russell. We'll talk about that later in the show. They're gonna be up over the second apron. Okay. And so then if you couldn't put a Gafford PJ thing started putting all these salaries together, and I think I think you could. I think you could. I don't know that you would want to do that, but you can, like because the other thing too is and you know, I don't know what Nico's thought process on this is, but dude, Luca would be sitting there rubbing his hands together. Oh my god, you're gonna give me a lob threat a bunch of defensive players. Yeah, bring it on. Because they're they're they're in the process of losing another starter in Dorian Finney Smith. They currently don't have a big They're talking about the Lakers. They're praying that half asked DeAndre Ayton walks in their door for no money. Wow, a guy who's a guy who is in Luca's draft class that's getting bought out by the Portland Trailblazers because he's so half asked, like dude, I used to want DeAndre and but I watch him play and go like man, that guy quit three minutes into the game, like the late. This is why Rich Paul is saying this. The Lakers are not in a good situation. They're the seventh or eighth best team in the West right now and they're probably getting worse. So they're in a tough spot. But if if Lebron, Lebron knows what the league is, Rich Paul knows what the league is. If Lebron wanted to go beyond another team, he wouldn't have opted into the last year of the deal. All right, So he stays there. I would bet everything Kat has that he stays there.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: There you have it. There's Lebron not coming to the Dallas Mavericks and probably staying in La. Coming up next, it's the Love Shack hot sex rumors from the Bezos wedding all that's coming your way. Next, Welcome to the Love Shack Navy. Then it's getting ladies talking.
Speaker 7: Love life and the white Mercedes Babe let us be nice to you.
Speaker 1: Oh put advice and you welcome to.
Speaker 6: The love shack.
Speaker 7: Lady, life can gets crazy.
Speaker 1: You need to sexperts, roadhouse sways.
Speaker 11: Glipping the man problems for it was pretty ridiculous that the whole city of Venice had to be shut down because the Bezos wedding was happening, Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez huge wedding, and.
Speaker 8: You know, Leonardo DiCaprio was there, trying to hide his face so no one would know that he was there, Like, thanks, what you're doing for the planet. Well, thanks, what you're doing for the planet. But taking a private plane to the Big Amazon with did y'all see the picture of him. He's getting into a car. He's got a tiny hat trying to cover his face, a tiny black hat trying to cover his face.
Speaker 1: Like everyone's like, oh, yeah, it's Leo. Clearly he was wearing a black hat that said movies on it. And there was that girl with him who was elderly. For him, she was twenty seven, she had she was like smiling at the camera. She had been working for him. There's no way he would dated twenty seven year old.
Speaker 8: Think he has to now really he's got to find the person, no matter what their age is. We're willing to do the things that it would take to even get some fraction of a going fraction.
Speaker 1: You're talking about a heart on a shirt? I heart? Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh he's fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you. You also the picture of the girl. They're in the pool and her hand is you know we're not satellite radio, right, huh wait we're not. No. Oh, this is free the whole time. Yep? Then why have I been doing such great content if it's free? Okay, So did you hit the beat? Yep?
Speaker 8: Good job, I said, hand yep. So Sydney Sweeney's there.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's go.
Speaker 8: What's NFL legend? Who's single? Would she be hanging out with till two am in the morning?
Speaker 1: And Tony o'brown No, no, not the bankrupt Antonio Brown who's wanted on an attempted murder curiously, yeah, god, terrible guess. He recently had a huge controversy with the lady who was like, y'all want to know who had date and who I go with? And then you know what I'm talking about? Oh my god, all right, I don't like this voice you're doing, though, Yeah, she's she's nasty, dude, you'd know her Amber Rose. No, I'm not sure what her name is. She lives on social media though, Laura, Uh, I think the Dumb Zone had the car sales guy who had who featured her in one of his videos on their show. Actually, uh, he was like, no, I don't want to know you go with and I want you to know that you're white. God. Anyway, she hooked up with Antonio Brown and he was like, said some awful things, awful awful things. He's a pretty unhinged no who was Uh, well, Skin's guests if Antonio Brown is the type of guess.
Speaker 8: That would get you removed from the game, family few just go home, sir again.
Speaker 1: NFL legend, Michael Irvin single, NFL legend single. Okay, so i'll give you. I'll give an age forty seven years old, Danny White, he's seventy four. I had the number reversed. I know who it is, so I'm refraining.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, yeah, fire away Tom Brady, Tom Brady, Sydney sweetye up all night till two am, dancing at the wedding, seen at the hotel bar, whispering to each other, jugs out.
Speaker 1: This is an advertisement for divorce. Yeah, I think it is. You know what's gonna happen though she's gonna be so bored with him in two days.
Speaker 8: Well, this is a great career move for her because this is a thing. You get it while you're hot. Yeah, okay, And if you're Tom Brady, nothing could be better for you. And this is really good for her.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 8: This is a win win on all levels if it's true. Because there was a third lingering around with them. Oh, the three of them together recently divorced. Orlando Bloom was also hanging out with Tom and Sidney.
Speaker 3: Wait, Orlando and Katy Perry are a divorce, yeah, or separating?
Speaker 1: I just saw that.
Speaker 8: Takes a while for divorces to go through. But yeah, are you interested. I don't think she was there, even.
Speaker 1: Though she did go up in the Bezos space rocket thing. Right, So Tom Brady, Sydney Sweeney, and Orlando Bloom all together, I'm assuming in a room together. I'm assuming maybe a maid from housekeeping got in the mix. You can imagine it's Venice, you know who could know? So there it is. I don't know that. I don't know story. He broke that story. That's a hot story though, right, yeah, yeah, can you imagine it? So you're saying Antonio Brown was there too, No, that wasn't a side that should have never happened. All right, coming up in just over three minutes, it's the Today game, So you have a chance to go look up the social media video I was talking about it about Antonio Brown. It's brought to you by Andrew American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. Only one location in the world, and it happens to be in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway, and it is exquisite. If you're one of those foodies who likes to go around and try the best of the best of the best, you need to know about Andrews. Readers of the Dallas Morrie News said it was the best pizza in all of DFW that speaks volumes. If that's not enough to get you out there to try Andrews, what are you waiting for. They've mastered five different types of pizza. If you like Detroit, New York, whatever it is, they got it. They've mastered it. That's why again. Readers of the Dallas Marriy News said They are the best awesome craft beer selection. They got Pasta Salagy named it. It's a phenomenal restaurant Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. But right now, stop for this, reach down and grab.
Speaker 9: A couple of plump tomatoes. It's time for sports Ketchup catchup PA Sports Sports Catchup, catchup pulls.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 8: A'clock hour is the money hour, and that is why NBA free agency is happening. It's not as chaotic as it's been in the past, they think, because not a ton of teams have like boatloads of cap space and things like that. But here is what we know in terms of the Mavericks. The Mavericks are highly expected to be signing D'Angelo Russell today. I don't know when it'll be official, actually, because it is just kind of the period that's opening up two at twelve I've seen thrown around. Does that sound right to you, Jeff skin Wade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the right because the first year salary will be five point seven million dollars on something that they call the mid level exception for tax teams. So that's we know that they can't sign them for more than that that's what that number is going to be, and then they just go from there. It'll be a two year deal, and so there's a little bit of a kick the next year, and that's what gets you to the two years at twelve. I don't mind it. It's not a huge amount of money, and it's a guy who definitely can score. He can run the offense, you know, to a degree in tel Kapak, and then settle into kind of just being a role player when Kai gets back. But you know, I would have preferred maybe somebody who was, I don't know better defensively or or what have you. But there were times where that offense absolutely bogged without Kyrie. Yeah, and so having a guy who can straight fill it up if needed, I can see why they leaned that way. Yeah, And you know, last year it was kind of a washout for Russell. You know, he was traded to a bad team that was tanking, so you don't want to put you know, he's a Laker, and then got traded and so you look at what he did in Boston. All right, So he shot twenty nine percent from three. He's not a twenty nine percent three point shooter. He's a career thirty six percent three point shooter, and when he's on the floor with other really good guy like he's a good offensive player, I don't find him to be a particularly efficient offense player. I also think that calling him an adequate defender would be more than generous. But not everybody on your team is going to have all the skills that you need, and at the price that they're getting him for. You know, last year, let me look it up. I bet he made twenty million dollars last year. Has anybody seen what his last contract was making. I've got it right here. Yeah, last year he made eighteen point six million dollars, So he's making a third of what he was making. So a couple things. One that tells you what the market is for him at this point in his life. He's twenty nine or thirty or however old he is. And two, you know you're talking about adding a complimentary player. It's just the Mavericks are in such a unique situation that they you know, they they need someone until Kyrie gets back. The one thing that I would say, we'll see how it goes and we'll see how he adapts. But but remember I mean Jason kidd chose to just not play Spencer Dinwoodie in a quote unquote playoff game, and I would say that they're very similar players in terms of how they approach basketball. I would say D'Angelo Russell's a more consistent offensive player than Dinwiddie Dinwoody. He's a bigger player and can do more different things than Russell can do. But I guess my point is is that if you're not liking what if kid's not liking what's happening, he gonna sit your ass. Why do you think they went this direction instead of forty year old Chris Paul. I don't think Chris Paul wanted to come here. Okay, everything I've read about Chris Paul is that so his kids are teenagers, they live in LA I bet he's gonna end up being a Phoenix Sun or a Los Angeles Clipper, and so all things being equal, I mean, dude, he knows there ain't no guarantees. He got to the finals and they had it won before they GotY honest. I mean, he's going to go down in the category of Carl John Stockton and Charles Barkley. Is one of the greatest all time players. To ever get a ring, and it happens Patrick Ewing, happens to those guys, but I think he probably just looked as man. There's no guarantees anything. I'd rather just go hang out with my kids. Do you see them doing anything trade wise? Or could you see them? Is it likely? There's a rumor going around that they're going to move Omas to clear up the space and the roster spot to keep Dante xum and I like that Dante. I would have zero problems with Dante exam starting. The problem is that he plays thirty games a year because he's hurt, right. I heard there was talk of him just going and playing full time in Europe. Yeah, because I think he could have made more money there, and so I had written him off. But if Stein's reporting it, it's a well placed source. And then I also think, you know, let's see how things shake out. But they have You know what if you start looking at quote unquote aggregating contracts, you know the name everybody throws out there is Caleb Martin. Caleb Martin's got three years left on his deal. That's a difficult player to move. But they can aggregate some contracts. But the point they're at. Once they signed d' angela Russell, they have to take back way less money than they send out, so it just becomes increasingly difficult. But I think they look at it is Cooper Flag will be a playmaker, d'angela Russell will be a playmaker. Maybe we can keep an XUM type until Kyrie Irving gets back. All right, coming up in just over three minutes in the weekly Weekday Update. If you're a millennial, stay tuned for this. If you like making fun of millennials, or you just like tracking all that. What is a millennial smoke break? Just three minutes away from answering that question right here the Ben and Skin Show, Before Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one, The Eagle, Thanks for hanging out with us today. All right, at the bottom of the hour, talk about the best TV shows, as well as details some classic beefs. Yeah, not like beef, like eating that good beef, but I'm talking about fights. We're going to get into all that. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for Bass Day, featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 1: Around the world real quick. I want to place Madio. This is in Houston over the weekend. Beyonce's doing the Cowboy Carter tour and a part of her tour, she's in a car and kind of it's hanging from the top and she's in a car going above the audience and she's singing a song and then something goes wrong. Stop stop stu stup, stop stops. Did you hear breathing hard? The crowd gets loud and they started so something. The car just kind of tilted a little bit, not enough to where she would fall out, but something wasn't right.
Speaker 3: Clearly when you watch the video, you can kind of tell. Yeah, I watched the video without the sound. I should have heard her saying stop. I was like, what's happening? When is something going to happen here?
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell. All it doesn't even look like it's that bad. Kind of looks like it was just hitting them switches, you know what I mean. But if you're also in a car above everyone, no, that's terrifying. One thing goes wrong, you're yeah, and she knew, all right, this isn't right, and it's really bad for the people below that don't know. Yeah, is it a real car? Yeah, it looks like it looks like a real car, for sure. It's a good question. It may not have an engine in some of the stuff in it that would make it heavier, but it looks like a real sized car and all that looks like a convertible of some kind. Then she just kind of smiled the whole time and then got out of the car.
Speaker 7: She's a professional.
Speaker 1: She is a pro and in the illuminati.
Speaker 8: That has been thrown out there many times. Many people have thrown it out.
Speaker 1: By the way, are they through the woods on the p Diddy stuff? Like? They're not thrown in the mix anymore, are they? I think so.
Speaker 8: I think they made it through and the trials done for the most part. They're going to be announcing soon during deliberations for probably another week.
Speaker 1: So nobody else got drunk under nah No, I thought all these celebrities. I thought a bunch of celebrities were going to get wrapped up in all that. Now, all the threats work. I also thought we were going to get the Epstein files. That's what Aaron Rodgers told me. I was tied to his signing with Pittsburgh. I don't think it is okay, although it could be. I don't know. It's a good question. New trend out there, yep, it's called the fridge cigarette. Not a trend. It's not trend.
Speaker 8: This is what people are calling because this is actually happening. I think, I'm I'm I've got to be the oldest who's having this sensation, but I definitely have it. You're at work at two pm. In the sixties, seventies, eighties, and most of the nineties, what did people do. They went outside and had a smoke break. I mean, you guys grew up in the era of smoking. Yeah, Jesus, people used to smoke on airplanes. Oh yeah, I remember my parents smoking it up at a car. We're like all in the car without even being having seat belts on. Everybody knew someone who had fallen out of a car too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that went for our generation as well. Yeah, but not the smoking part, just the falling falling on the car.
Speaker 6: For you.
Speaker 1: It was not uncommon to drive past a car in the seventies. Look and everyone in the car is smoking, including the little kids from the backs, and some would be standing up in the back seat. The fridge cigarette do you guys know what the fridge cigarette is? It's William Perry's line, no tobacco cigarettes, the fridge cigarette, meaning is that really the name of it? Ridge cigarette? Well? Or are you saying the fridge nickname for something? Okay? So is this popsicle? Adults are not going to have a popsicle at two pm on a workday. Yogurt not yogurts? Good man?
Speaker 3: I guess though, is it just an excuse to get away and have a break and just go in the fridge and just look in there and find something?
Speaker 1: No Mozzarelli sticks, specific one specific thing sex No, and that makes no sense. It's not frozen though it's refrigerated. You want to go get a little fridge cigarette?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Is the diet coke?
Speaker 8: Oh, instead of tobacco gets your asparta.
Speaker 1: Aspertarm. It's only the tough word for me. Yeah, you get that.
Speaker 8: And that's like what people I think my agent below that's their cigarette, So.
Speaker 7: You think guilty of that? I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: So basically your generation has no idea how to have fun. Well, a lot of things are now I have been blocked. They're not allowed anymore. What you can go smoke.
Speaker 8: It's so hot to smoke outside anyways. You can, you can, but it's not fun.
Speaker 1: Where do you Where does everybody go at two pm to drink their dit coke? The breaker my guests? Man, I don't know. I mean I go in there all the time at two o'clock. I never see anybody in there before. I believe this. There are a lot of people like this. There are people who crush diet cokes, who drink a ton of them. I mean, I don't know, I drink a ton, but like I'll give myself about one a day, Is that right? I used to be that way, I know now sort of pepper. I drink about four big Red to day.
Speaker 7: I didn't even get through the whole sentence for.
Speaker 1: The two liter bottles. That's a stupid thing to drink. Reddy? Yes, can you bring me your finest big red? About seventh big Red? Today? All we have is big peach.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's just red soda, not even a flavor, it's a color. It's cream soda. I want red soda. Man, taste redna be screwed when RFK gets rid of the dies. Yeah yeahs Rgan just told me bread didn't exist. I didn't know that until I saw the internet this week. All right, there you have it. The Millennial Smoke Break is a diet coke coming up in the back half of our final hour here. You don't want to miss it. Week go the top forty beefs in the top ten shows two different segments. They're happening next on the Eagle. It's time for this.
Speaker 8: Those are the sounds of the networks and companies that own the content that you watch, Joe, including the first one.
Speaker 1: Used to for sure they sold it in Texas. They're not letting you get on there unless you got a VPN, which stands for very private network. Yeah, if you can pay for it, you cheapskate. Yeah, not me. With the price of eggs lately. Yeah, you got to cut back on a few things, and that's one of the subscriptions you're cutting back on. Porn. Yeah, porn and paramount. Those are the two I dropped. You also said you don't want to pay for your porn because then they can track your CD you know, choices and stuff. Are your weird selections that you're into. Yeah, I don't need some Russian bot getting into my credit card number. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, or your choices, your category are choices. You don't want to pay for your porn. You don't want to pay for your egg yolk. Yeah. Same Hollywood reporter and I Hollyward reporter, reputable but also a bit snotty.
Speaker 8: That you know, pretentious. Yeah, they're a bit McCartney. Oh, whereas Variety, Vulture, the little more Linen.
Speaker 1: Ew, No, I see the difference. I don't see the difference.
Speaker 7: Don't either if you could do it again, I.
Speaker 1: Don't understand the Linen party because Hollywood they're they're oh this pole and then Lenin.
Speaker 7: Huh, I would think it'd be the other way.
Speaker 1: Really, Lenen felt anti capitalism, and but I would agree with Christina McCartney was it's not that it's the way they sound. So what happened in Yeah, it's the story.
Speaker 8: Is the last day of the first half of the year, June thirtieth, tomorrow's July first, and tomorrow on the show, we will have top Benningskin Show bloopers from the month of June. And I'm just saying, looking the stuff now, maybe multiple segments. We were stacked, we were not very good last month, and we'd like to apologize to our fans.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 8: But the Hollywood Reporter critics picked the ten best TV shows of twenty twenty five so far, okay, so far, all right.
Speaker 1: They did same with movies. We'll get to that later in the week as well. Sunday Night Baseball in no order, because we don't need to.
Speaker 8: Be ranking things. These are the top ten things, and Sunday Night Baseball is not one of them.
Speaker 1: Damn it. The Studio Apple TV Day, Did you finish Dog? You can't say that with the intro? H No, I'm stuck on the same episode I was, and I got distracted because of the Bear. Such a better TV show. I think I finished it nice. I think I did. He sounds pretty memorable. I don't know what happens in the the old school Hollywood platter. What is that? Oh my god? Oh oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah I did. I did with the water Fountain? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: I finished it.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 7: I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I've liked what I've seen so far. I didn't know, like when I watched The Last of Us, I didn't know that was the finale either. I kept waiting for another episode to air. I was like, well that was it.
Speaker 8: They did have the sneaky seven episode season. We didn't see coming. Yeah, was surprising. Is that on there last one? We'll get to that in a second. Okay, here's what i'll say, but it might not be in it. Might I haven't seen the list.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'll say about the studio. And you may have felt differently, Christina may have felt differently. We haven't seen it all. No, I know, and I like it. But when this episode was over, I didn't have any debate in my head as to whether or not I should watch another. Was like, all right, I'll get around to it. Whereas the second the Bear's over, I'm like, God, do I step till three and watch another one? It's so good. I can't wait. And I would invite you to get in your car and go home right now. The rehearsal HBO, It's fantastic. Okay, this is Kevin Turner vindicated, This is okay? Is this a comedy? Is this documentary? Is this a weird experiment? Is this the riskiest thing that's ever been done on television? Answers Yes to go. It's amazing. Christina, you talked about this, I say, HBO thing the pit.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, it's an er room. But it goes like hour by hour of like what they actually deal with. And seriously, you will I mean doctors, they put up with enough. But after watching this, you seriously have a whole new appreciation, especially for emergency doctors.
Speaker 1: Pretend like, Noah Wiley is the same guy he was on TV two decades ago. I think you have to assume that he's Carter. And this this is not like a documentary. This is a fiction. Yes, fiction okay, And I told you I had a friend start working in an er m h man, It's amazing how many things people get stuck in their butt. It's crazy, it's hot, there's a lot of it, shampoo bottle, all whatever up there. I like on the rankings of things. Yeah, right, in terms of prosthetic arm sometimes if you're out of shampoo, you just checked to see if there's an extra bottle.
Speaker 8: Adolescents, Netflix, Sad and Door, Disney Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I tried, Okay, everyone I talked to you said, man, this is terrible. And then when slightly biased our friend finished it, he said, this is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. That's what our friend Jason Ferintello said. Okay, what was it called? And Door? And that's no Moon.
Speaker 8: Animated show and adult swim called Common side Effects makes the list Yep, Mike Judges involved. Oh, I'm gonna tell you this show I have seen and it does look like an acid trip, but I haven't. I've just watched one episode. It's confusing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all, so that's good. All right, Wait, the last of us should be on there, but there wasn't. What about the Bear? Well, the bears just started. Yep. Coming up next and just a matter of three plus minutes, we go around the beef the top forty beefs. What fights we'll get into it. What fights matter most? That's next. Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle wrapping up a Monday here. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It's going to be a short week for us because we're taking off on the fourth of July on Friday. But we'll have a nice best of for you. But I got lots of fun stuff for you this week right here on the Ben and Skin Show. Now, this segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works and Ben. This week we are celebrating our five year anniversary base. Yeah. Man, it's hard to believe Rollertown has been around for five years. It was very we opened in the pandemic, barely survived, and because of your loyal support, we've made it. So thank you to everyone who buys us. When you see us at the grocery store and you put us in your cart, you know we're in a bunch of different grocery stores now. When you see us at bars and restaurants, if you order us and put us in your glass, and if you just come see us in Salina at the tap room, that's the hardest thing. Come on up to Salne and hang out with us. It's the only place you can buy merch and get our beer to go. Come have a great time with us. And because it's our fifth year anniversary, we're gonna be celebrating there all weekend long.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It begins Thursday. Brand New Funk is playing live. They're great. We have a new beer release in the fat Boy series and it's gonna be great. Then on Friday, more Fourth of July celebrations, including a big Ben and Skin Music bingo in the afternoon Saturday. It continues on with face painting, and then we're gonna have an anniversary cake cutting at six o'clock. Our old buddy Shippy is djaying Saturday night. So tons of food, truck options, tons of dessert. It's gonna be a blast. Make it out. Roller Town Beer Works five year anniversary party starting on Thursday. All right, now it's time for this beef stew. Are you kidding me? Shot freaking million? I'm gonna ask you a ton of down for a second, because I said I was getting angry, but now you're getting a little heat. A beef brisk. Get off at roast beef. Now I go home and still watch more come.
Speaker 7: For three hours?
Speaker 1: Yes I do. Oh, you don't tell me what I do and what I don't don't tell me. I watch the damn gay long beef. Why are you arguing with me on about this? God? You make it a freaking all the parable to about this stuff? You seen beef beef? It's what's freezing, yeah, around the beef. You'll hear that venture multiple times this week because the ringer put out a thing called the Best Beefs of the twenty first century ranked. Now here's the criteria.
Speaker 8: They use the fierceness of the feud, the entertainment factor, the endurance of it, and the pop culture impact. So I think this is interesting and we can probably fight you their rankings.
Speaker 1: But what's the timeframe? Well, it's the twenty first century, so was last twenty five years? Yeah? Okay. I immediately think of oh Diddy, he's had one with Diddy, and then the boxer he said couldn't read. Oh he's got a lot and he got shot like eleven times. That he's a good one. But to me, like the biggest one is without a doubt, Trump and Elon. I saw the first couple and then I was like, I'm I don't want to see anymore. Okay, it's gonna be fine content. So I have no idea what's on there? Okay, Number forty it happened a few years ago. Florence Pew versus Olivia Wilde. You I remember this, Yes, it had to do with the movie and Harry Styles, right, yeah, don't worry. Darling is the movie and Florence Pew is now I think gonna be in Fantastic four with with Pedro Pascal. Oh yeah, that's the new Marvel it's supposed to be nuts nuts Marvel is it DC? Uh? Have you guys seen the new Marvel? Here?
Speaker 8: It's an here is another Uh. That was a weird one too, because Olivia Wilde was like begging Shila buff to come to be in the movie and then he didn't. He had made Florence Pew upset or something on the wrong horse whatever. Thirty nine Donald Trump or is Elon musk Oh? That's gotta be higher, you know. I will say A part of the criteria is the endurance of it. This did not go on very long. This is about a three day feud. This wasn't This was the twelve day war.
Speaker 2: It was three.
Speaker 7: I thought it was only one.
Speaker 1: Really wasn't long at all. I think the reason it wasn't long is because the stakes were so high. This was classic celebrity couple and then a huge breakup, like real quick, they get together and flame out quick. Well, okay, the question is will Elon be on here for more of his stuff? And will Trump be on here for more of his stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Didn't Elon apologize to or say, man, I regret some of the stuff. I said yes immediately after Yes, Elon is known for tweeting through the pain. He deep tweets through the ketamine. But he also said the big beautiful Bill is dumb and all this stuff. So there's a lot going on there by the way that's coming to an apex, is it. Yeah, it's in the Senate right now. Number thirty eighth. I used to get the uber rich some more breaks.
Speaker 10: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I think it is. This is gonna be the moment for the working class when they went, oh my bad. I just like to put my head down. Yep ye.
Speaker 8: Number thirty eight Taylor Swift versus Okay, I'm gonna admit something, guys, I don't I've never heard of this name before.
Speaker 1: Carly Klaus. I don't know that is.
Speaker 8: Well, what I can tell you is that Carly Klaus was I believe a girl that was a friend of Taylor's back in the day. Oh okay, and then there was like y Scooter Braun Elements. Yes, yes, I know about this. My wife has filled me in on some of this.
Speaker 1: I think she was friends with her in high school, right, yeah, okay, I do remember some details about this. Yeah, this is an old high school friend of hers and one of her songs is about her? Yeah, does it say which song? No, it didn't say.
Speaker 7: I would have expected Taylor Swift and Kanye not.
Speaker 1: Whoever's right up there? What about Rugie and Bautista? Yes? What about Nico and Luca? Ah, that's a beat for sure, right, Yeah, it has to be. It has to be. I what about Mark Cuban and Trump the current ownership or Nico too?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Mark Kill was saying he got Nico's back the other day, y'all did that? Did? He said? Necos put us on a and he said Hus has put us in a really good elon because his interviews in the spring were a little different. No, he said, I would have never done the trade. Yeah, and this is a thing that, like the Internet can't get over. You can like not agree with the trade, but not wanting to see someone die.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I mean I said this the other day. I was like, Man, there was tons of things Cuban did that I disagreed with tons, but I didn't go out there and trash him and wish bad things for him. It's it's a personnel move, man. The hell everybody is so vindictive? Thirty seven. I don't love this one.
Speaker 8: Jeremy Strong is the guy who's on a succession, but the New Yorker did a big piece about him, So it's Jeremy Strummers. The New York They did a big piece on him about how he's a method actor and that he's very strange and he's got many just eccentric, you know, things that he does on set. And then Jeremy Strong came back and called it like a profound basically did they He said they ruined the trust that they had when they did the article.
Speaker 1: I don't really like this one. Move on, But isn't isn't Jeremy Strong that got used to work the board for the Musers? No, no, dude, Uh Jeremy Strong. What was his character's name on Kendall Roy? Yeah, dude, he was greatest that. But he's also none of the other guys really like him great because he did the whole thing.
Speaker 8: He was like, you know, and when I'm telling the story and Kieren Colkin's like, well, the writers are the one who made the story.
Speaker 1: Karriy Colin is great. That's great keep to leave Versus Michael Crabtree's chain, that was a good one. We needed Richardson representation. This is yeah, man, you guys are going to be on there too in a little bit. Who won the beef though, I would say trap Tree?
Speaker 8: I don't know, man, keep got the got the chain before that game. What's funny about this, though, is Crabtree taped his chain to him elf. He taped it to his body because he knew he was going to be facing and keep to lead. Apparently he has a reputation ripping chains.
Speaker 1: What about Tom gree versus med Dogs? Man? There's one in here with Martha Stewart. I don't know about. Yeah, you just haven't seen it. Who's it with Paula d Ina Garden in a garden? Somebody's name is in the garden in a garden. I don't know. I don't even know. Thirty four Martin Scorsese goes after the Marvel Comic Universe. I'm unfamiliar with this beefy twenty nineteen, several months after Avengers endgame. Oh yeah, I remember this, and Scorsese was like, that's not cinema. Yeah, preach, And then he got his revenge by making a three and a half hour movie. Nobody watched The Irishman four hours. Oh I think four hours. He said. The the closest I can think of them as well made as they are with actors and the best they can uder the circumstances is theme parks. It's like theme parks. It's fair, it's fair. Yeah right, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think there's a lot of Marvel fans who had who would go to a Marvel theme park.
Speaker 1: They absolutely would and they will be you know what. I like to think of Rollertown as a been and skin theme park. There you go. Thirty three. Taylor Swift versus Jake Jillenhall. You're gonna have a lot of Tailor Swift on this list because she is a woman that thrives on having something. She's gotta have Spike. Yeah, spide is what drives that woman. So like, you're gonna have a lot of her on here. I would imagine Jake Jillenhall, who and there's a lot of her ex partners that throb on it. Uh. He is the one though, who allegedly took her virginity. Yeah, there's a song about it, and then she turned it into a ten minute song.
Speaker 7: It's like a red scarf for something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's right. Taylor griff at it again. Number thirty two Bill Belichick versus Robert Kraft. That's great, Bilchick got fired. Why wouldn't it be ahamed that he didn't get fired. Why wouldn't it be him? So well, Jimmy claimed to have not been fired, Well, you were fired. Why wouldn't it have been him versus Tom Brady? They could be thirty one Bryson d. Chambeau and Brooks Kopka.
Speaker 7: Oh the best?
Speaker 1: Not the best because it was fake?
Speaker 2: Well was it? Really?
Speaker 3: I think it was fair because I thought it was funny when they would yell Brooks at him and he would just he would visibly look upset, bruces.
Speaker 1: Really would You're no longer allowed to have fake beef in Texas? And this is that was our last one. We'll carry this over to tomorrow. But I want to say this about your Kopka theory. I think it was a real beef. And then they figured out it was to their benefit to act like they were in on. So there was a whole thing called the Player Participation Program where social media likes and things like that, they would give you more money on the PGA tour so Tiger would get home take on the most of that. But Brooks and bryceon were number or two because of that. So they realized, like, I know, but what I think they did it on purpose? But no, but a lot of times people will attribute a conspiracy to a happenstance. True, you know what I'm saying, that's true. Anyways, we'll get back to this tomorrow. Maybe the beef between me and Kat will be on there. I'll never forget the time that KT looked Brooks kept a dead in a sack and he said to it, maybe you've lost a step. You need a little more energy. The low T Center is something you should maybe try out, and they use that as a slogan for years after that. Christina is gonna stick around and play some tunes here on the Eagle. There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack bag, dude,