Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome. Idious time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, And in less than twenty four hours, the door is open to one of our biggest events of the year. And here to talk about it is Tina Romining Dory Potter.
Speaker 2: How are we doing, ladies.
Speaker 3: We are so excited.
Speaker 4: I'm a runna.
Speaker 5: We are ready, We are ready. You know, it's been a tough month. We've had a shop oh my yeah. We have been out to some of our seeing some of our favorite people, our favorite advertisers, and purchasing brand new merchandise and gift certificates. And tomorrow it's all going to be up for auction at the Washington County Fairgrounds again. The door's open at eight. Nine o'clock is when the live auction starts.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 5: We've been cluing people in We're going to have a silent auction this year of some of the little trinkets, you know, not the big stuff, not the stuff that people want to bid on and have a lot of fun and because bidding is fun, are fun. But the silent auction will be for some of the smaller things that take a lot of just as much time as the big items, but you know, it's a dollar or two or three or something like that or whatever, so it'll go faster. You won't have to be here quite so long. We if we do that with the silent auction. So the silent auction is going to start at eight thirty and we'll end at eleven, where the big live auction usually goes till about twelve thirty or so something like that. But yeah, it'll it'll end at eleven with the silent auction and at that point, you know, then we'll be able to distribute what's left on the silent auction table. If something though goes for the eighty percent on the silent auction table, hey we'll get it off the silent auction table. Make room, you know whatever. So we've got plenty of space for everything else. But yeah, now we are really excited. This is you know, one of the really fun events. Our team will be out there, so you'll have a chance to see a lot of the staff there. They'll be helping out, whether it's helping with the gift certificate board that makes the gift certificate board that's kind of different. Most people aren't used to that. We have great gift certificates. We have gift certifics for gas, we have gift certificates for food, we have gift certificates for attractions, all different types of fun things. And Tina will go into details of some of the specific ones. But so when you come in, you want to look at the wall, and that would be the east wall because we have Miss Tina and Miss Kenna Romine have been making these charts, this chart for us, these little slips or whatever that list every single gift certificate.
Speaker 3: It'll say what.
Speaker 5: The gift certificates we have are, what the certificate is, It'll say what the expiration date is. If it's an expiration date for it, you know, it might be a month or two, it might be a year, it might not have an expiration date, but it'll tell you that. If there's any specifics about the gift certificate, it might.
Speaker 3: Tell you that.
Speaker 5: And then it'll say what the retail price, what the price is for the gift certificate and the eighty percent. And then there's a little place that says what the price is and what the how many we have left dark because we have two places on that east wall.
Speaker 3: First of all, the first part of.
Speaker 5: It has all of the gift certificates. Then once we've had our auction some of the gift certificates, we might have twenty of them or fifty of them, and they don't all go at the live auction, So we will then move it to the second part of the gift certificate wall, and that's where they'll fill in what the price was that it went for at the live auction, and how many are left, and if you'd like to come up and purchase any of those, we've got Miss Tammy and some of her staff there to help sell those to you at that point. So if you can't get there for the first part of the auction, and you might have missed some of it, you haven't missed out on a lot of those gift certificates because you can still get them for they already have a price established on them and you can get them at that point. So, yes, we have the live auction, we have the gift certificate board and the gift certificate auction part, and we have the silent auction part.
Speaker 3: It is organized chaos, but it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Definitely on the organized yet a little bit old.
Speaker 3: The curios yeah, no, no, it is.
Speaker 5: We know what's going on, and we hope as soon as you look around and figure it out, you will too. But one of the nice things too is again crossing second is going to be there, so you know, if you want coffee, if you want juice, if you want a soft drink, if you want water, they'll have all of that as well as they'll have some breakfasty type goodies at the beginnings, usually scones and stuff like that, you know, and then as we get toward lunch, I'll have sandwiches and all too, So you know, it's not like you have to, oh, I'm going to be there for a while, i haven't had a chance.
Speaker 3: To eat breakfast yet or whatever.
Speaker 5: Just come on out because we've got goodies for you and stuff too.
Speaker 3: It is fun, It is so much fun.
Speaker 5: But again, the neat thing about our auction is you can't pay more than eighty percent of the retail price.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know you're gonna you know, you're the auctionary stops at that point, so you know you're going to get a bargain. But it's an auction, so you know, if you're if there's not a bidding war. You know you're the one that wants it. You might get it for thirty forty fifty per scent too, So yeah, it's it does it happens. It's a good it's a good deal. And I mean we have a variety of things, Tina tell us.
Speaker 6: Oh, we have things for the house. We have some chairs, we have a recliner. We have that sleep number bed, that twenty fifth birthday sleep number bed, and we have things for the garage. We have this really cool gas can that we got from Dancy Napa. It has this little extender hose thing on it so you don't spill it all over the place like I need that. I know those I don't understand those castings now cans. They're so awful. Anyway, So we have things from Bill Camper. We have this really cool it's a Bluetooth speaker and it floats in the water, which I think is super.
Speaker 3: Full about the speaker. The speaker of end table that we have.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that thing is so cool and it's got lights in it. I think we've talked about it before.
Speaker 4: Tom. Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 5: Love it for your living room next to your coach out or whatever. But it's got the speaker into it, so you can bluetooth into it and.
Speaker 3: You can listen to us right there, you know, all the time if.
Speaker 4: You want to, for sure.
Speaker 5: But it's it's a neat little speaker table, and so we're like that. One of the new businesses that we have this year is one of the newer businesses downtown. I think they opened around Christmas time and that's unhinged like Lifestyle Boutique Downtown. We fell in love with that store. That's one of our new favorite stores.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: Well, they have a beautiful store store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies close.
Speaker 5: They have accessories, they have kids clothes, they have just a lot of fun things in there. So yeah, we we could have spent even more than we did there. Yeah, we we had to do our auction mining and we had to do a little bit of take home personal stuff too.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. It's fair shop com Yes, yes, no, it's good. So we've had a lot of neat things.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite things this year is the palm tree. We have a real palm tree.
Speaker 6: Is it sego s a s ag I'll mighte saying that wrong, but you have to keep it indoors in the winter, but it is beautiful and it'll keep blooming and it's got a little flat, little yellow flowers on.
Speaker 4: It's so pretty.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's it's it's a nice it's a short palm.
Speaker 5: It's not a tall palm that you know, whatever, it's one of those little short ones or whatever. But yeah, and I actually do have one, and I love, love, love it, and this one is even bigger and better and so you know, yeah, I really like this palm.
Speaker 3: It's very pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But we also went to Sedan this year, Sedan, Kansas, so we went to t bar Mercantile and they have some TikTok famous stuff. I'm not the biggest, like I think I've seen TikTok one time or twice, but I mean that's not my jam.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure it is somebody's.
Speaker 6: But they have they do buy chocolate and apparently that's very very popular on that well.
Speaker 5: I like from there, they have the Chacuterie board that is just beautiful handmade Jacuterie board and it's got kind of a lacquer finish on it or whatever, but it is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: It is very pretty.
Speaker 3: I think so too, and of course from Sedan too.
Speaker 5: We've got the Bucks Barbecue gift certificates as well, and yeah, that's yummy. We've got Dinks you know too. So here we're we're not, you know, we love our barbecue. We are the prejudice sistant where it's from.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: So no, no, that's really neat too, you know.
Speaker 5: And then things that we've had in the past that have been popular. We've got the Cowboy bins. You need a big bin that to be able to put your junk in, you know whatever, and stuff too. We've got the rental for that. We've got the rental for the porta pottis, you know, I mean, you know, we go from the gas cards to porta potties. I mean you have you can get about anything at our auctions.
Speaker 6: So we also have Fairist heat and air, youork electric, the true vine landscaping for you know, things.
Speaker 3: That are practical.
Speaker 5: Things are gonna you're gonna spend money on anyway, you might as well get the gift certificate and save some money on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In America, farm and Ranch and Talala we have them. Marlin Mansion over in Ponka City, we have passes to go to that museum and it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely stunning.
Speaker 5: So if you've never been to it, it really is a go to destination that you need to go to the Marlin Mansion because it has like Italian marble in it and it's got a lot of like wood carving type thing. I mean, it truly is like no other place in the state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: You need to see that.
Speaker 1: Is it true that when people come to our aux sometimes they're a little surprised that they haven't noticed that a business had been around for a little bit until they see their products out there and then they have.
Speaker 2: That aha moment.
Speaker 5: And that's truly what we try to do sometimes when we go into a business, as we say, we want to be represented of your business, of things that people don't realize that you have here in town and it is available to people here. And so a lot of times we do get things that are a little bit different for that reason so that they really, hey, I can get that right here and it's local business.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we have several businesses tell us. You know that people have come in and referenced the auction. Oh I saw that you have these at the auction.
Speaker 3: I didn't get it. I was in a bidding war.
Speaker 5: But so now I want to come back and you know, and see and get so that's fun too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was always fun to that as well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, what do you what do you need in tom Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the barbecue.
Speaker 3: E food is always good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've also got Murphy's okay, and we've got we've got some Mexican too, We've got some of those.
Speaker 3: So we've got that good good food along the way.
Speaker 2: I'd like to pay somebody else.
Speaker 5: And crossing second, not only has you know, going to be our concession, they're there, but they have got gift certificates in it as well.
Speaker 3: So that's that's another goody.
Speaker 6: So Wheezy's and Shanghai Town, the new Chinese place across the street we eat out at probably about once a week.
Speaker 4: We all love it so much.
Speaker 2: If you don't remember, then they used to have the little wagon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the little food truck. Brick and mortar now.
Speaker 5: So well, and then of course all the attractions. I mean, some people they schedule the vacation after our auction because they want to be able to go places, whether it's Kansas City. Now it's not just zoo, but Kansas City Zoo and aquarium, which is recial. Yeah, it's it's really neat. So that's a great place to go and do. And you can do that River Sport in Oklahoma City. You know, that's where the olymp is going to be, so get kind of a preview of what it's going to be like down there. But this is a great way to save on some money for that. All the different brands and stuff, lots of fun brands and things, Eureka stuff that we always have. You're going to be there, the Arbuckle Wilderness, great drive through place to see, all those neat places to be able to go.
Speaker 4: Big brutus, a big brutus.
Speaker 3: Yes, up in Kansas too.
Speaker 6: Now Kenna when she well, she still loves it. I can't say when she was a kid because she still loves it. But she loves going over there and climbing all over that thing y. It's fun to get to climb in and around it, you know.
Speaker 5: So you know, and then practical things. We've got several different oil changes too, you know, so you if you need those, you can be able to get those.
Speaker 6: And we have guess the kickback cards from ASAP. So they're twenty five dollars kickback cards.
Speaker 3: So I mean basically that's just gas.
Speaker 5: I mean you could buy your gas, you know, and stuff too, but then you've got the card to be able to save in the future too, So.
Speaker 3: That's that helps.
Speaker 5: That helps, And then like usually the first Tuesday of the month, they also have a little extra savings too on the cards, so I try and kind of save up for that first Tuesday save more. Yeahs Experts another place that we've got the gift certificates from too, another good eating place. So yeah. I was telling my friend that I was walking with this morning. She was kind of talking about the mattress. I said, We've got one queen size mattress, so yeah, so she's coming with interest in that too, so that should be pretty good.
Speaker 6: We've also got the Diamond pet Grooming and then Looking Sharp laundry and dry cleaning. Everybody likes that because everybody can use that. We've also got a Calming Creek Care from PAHUSCA and they do a micro needling and it's a.
Speaker 4: Can you explain No.
Speaker 5: I can't explain it. I went online and read all about it, but you know what. We're going to have a little explanation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the.
Speaker 5: Gifts, that's a neat thing. By that get certificate board too. Kenna and Tina have put up little posters beside them so that if it's a Brandson attraction, it'll tell you what days the show. When the calendar's like it's a Monday, Wednesday, Friday show, or if it's only a weekend show, or if they're taking off a week, you can look at the calendar and see, I know I'm going to be there. I want to make sure that I'm going to be there the same time. I can use this attraction. But like I said, for the micro needling, she's gonna have a little explanation right for it.
Speaker 4: I got, I forgot. I had it on my phone here.
Speaker 6: So it's the most technologically advanced, safest and effective treatment for skin rejuvenation and hair loss.
Speaker 4: So that is really cool.
Speaker 6: And it infuses facial tissues and hair follicles with rejuvenative growth factors and stimulate cells.
Speaker 4: So there we go.
Speaker 3: Now we know what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it'll make you like pretty and grow your hair.
Speaker 5: If you need this, it would be the person tell them about the big claw.
Speaker 6: Oh, that American Edge product. It has the clam grapple and it's got it's a seventy five inch and it's got a forty six inch opening.
Speaker 5: Like you put it on the front of your skis and then and then you can be able to grab things and you know, tree thing whatever bundles and move it and yeah, stuff like that.
Speaker 6: You watch it on Facebook live. We can see all the hand the thing and the thing and clap.
Speaker 3: We have a clop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just recliner. Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: After all these years of walking the walker maybe to sit.
Speaker 6: You can't set to set comfortably, I might add, Yes, that one's from Bob.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you I might.
Speaker 6: Have to kick up Kevin because Kevin usually grabs those them out ft license.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true.
Speaker 5: You know. We do have a nice big lawn blower too, that goes like a backpack one, so you know, yeah, yeah, so it blows, and then we've also got the weed trimmers and.
Speaker 6: Stuff to I've heard good reviews on the backpack one. My brother has one of those and he loves it, loves it. But you know one of my favorite things, oh, the burner launchers, a launcher with the whole kit and kaboodle. It has the kinetic rounds and the echo round and that has the nice.
Speaker 5: Little case and has a holster with it, and everything is stup to you.
Speaker 1: So you're community connection. And now Sean Hannity's trying to hog it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, well yes, yes, Sean Hannity does.
Speaker 5: Say, but this is from Oklahoma security professionals. Yeah, and so they got it for it. So yeah, so this is the place to check.
Speaker 3: Out the burner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a big fan of the burner. I have a launcher, so I'm I'm yeah, I'm a big fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to see what else I mean, like I said, it's from A to Z. I mean, we have such a variety.
Speaker 5: Probably I think we might have some of the best variety that we've ever had.
Speaker 3: And that's saying it because we've done this a long time.
Speaker 4: Well, we also have kitchen or vanity cabinets.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so if.
Speaker 6: You are remodeling and you need a vanity, we have a finished one and a forty eight inch finished one, and then we have a I think it's a thirty six inch unfinished so that way you can paint it or staining it.
Speaker 4: However, you choose, so it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: You have a little remodeled yeah.
Speaker 4: D everybody has to do this.
Speaker 6: You could also just put a straight top on it and use it as you know, like in the workshop or however you want to use it, so it's like a side buffet or something like that.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 2: Take on the website, can we.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can.
Speaker 6: If you go to Bartisfell Radio dot com, you can't miss the ad over on the right side. It's the one that clicks through all those pictures that we have, you know, and you click on that and it'll take you right to all these pictures that we have posted.
Speaker 4: And as soon as we buy something, we post it.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of things on our Facebook page, so if you want to check that out, you can check that out as well.
Speaker 4: But again, we're at the Washington County Fairgrounds in the morning tomorrow. The doors open at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: So free numbers, free numbers, free door price, lots of door price, lots of fun.
Speaker 3: It's a hoot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna have a good time. Always have a great time.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll see you out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks Tom, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: You've been watching and listening to our community connection