Speaker 1: The force will be with you always.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Welcome back to another up Star Wars Live. It's your home on geek Alter Life podcast Network, burning all these Star Wars. I'm your host as always Katie, and with me as pre as usual. It is Clay. Clay. How are you doing today?
Speaker 1: I am doing okay. I wouldn't say more so because I for the first time and I think about a month, I had more than four hours of sleep. Oh yeah, so yay. Yeah, I uh, we we've we've you know, our situations early which I am not ready to announce to the show quite yet because it's still up in the air. But because of that stress, you know, it happens, I get it. And then also a three year old that refuses to want to use the toilet, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to hook you up with my sister because her three year old didn't the exact same thing. He changed himself yesterday. He changed his own diaper versus use the toilet.
Speaker 1: So so she she has pull ups, which we've we've gotten out of the diaper phase. She uses the toilet for number two, but refuses to use the toilet all the time just to peek. And it's kind of inferior because like we will tell her to go and she's like, okay, she goes to the bathroom, and then she runs back because she doesn't want to miss Peppa Pig or Bluie or whatever we are watching, even if it's just like a random movie. And then it's like, okay, ten minutes have passed, let's go get you some pj's. And then as she's walking, I see the full pull up and I'm just like, girl, what happened? And and she is so freaking cute as hell. I hate it. She like I'll ask her, did you pee in your pull up? And she just looks at me and she goes mm just a little, but it's like completely full, and it's just like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not I'm not look looking forward the potty training we've kind of started, but.
Speaker 1: It's it's a roller coaster because like there's progress and then there's no progress, and then there's digressing and there's progressing and there's just yeah, so yeah, it's it's it's just been wonderful. It's been wonderful. I love my child. She knows that we love our children, but it's insane. But yeah, been doing good? How about yourself?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing pretty good. We're doing pretty good. I have a two year old now, so yeah, I'm looking for your Mother's Day this weekend and literally doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah, you gotta have those days. You got to have those days. I have made it a point, and I think I said this last week, but I've made it a point that on my one of my two days off, I do absolutely nothing, and especially like and holidays.
Speaker 2: See, but when you're trying to sell a house, that doesn't really translate as well.
Speaker 1: That so, so it's unfortunate timing you, you know, but do it the best you can, even if that even if that means telling Matt, hey, you have to do twice as much work today because I'm doing nothing. You know, that's just that's just what you have to do. That's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have to see how to see how Star Wars May the fourth past, guys, and uh, as I this was a direct quote that I told Katie.
Speaker 1: We got debated, guys. Uh, there was there was all sorts of rumors and like speculation on what was going to be announced. Like even Katie unknowingly kind of added to it with like sending me a screenshot of like this random photo of the Tales of Things, and I was like, WHOA, what is this? Oh, it looks like there's two extra slots. It could mean that, like more shows could be coming. And then like everybody else kind of just like dog piled on the idea on threads and on Twitter and everywhere else. So I was like, this has to be it. And then there was like a leaked itinerary for like what was going to be announced on May the fourth, and one of those was Tales of Did you say Tales of Luke Skywalker?
Speaker 2: I think that should have been Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 1: I think that should have been the red flag for me, because none of them have been like a name. Otherwise it would have been like Tales of ah Soka, you know type of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, and the other key for me was the image that popped up for the Tales where they were like, oh, like this is a steep preview of what's to come. It was blue lightsaber Luke Skywalker. If it was Tales of he should probably have a green lightsaber.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the other thing I wanted to say, was I understand that a new Hope he had the blue lightsaber in Empire strikes Back, he had the blue lightsaber, but as he identified himself as a Jedi Master, he had the green lightsaber. That is who he is as a character, and I don't think they would shy away from that in marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna tell. There have been plenty of stories told between A New Hope and Impire Strikes Background. Even though we know Dave Filoni loves to retread things, I don't think he would retread in that area because that's his mentor's area. Plus plus Luke is known for the green lightsaber. Yeah, like that is his lightsaber. So it didn't make a whole lot of sense for that to be the case, because there's not a little there's not a lot of original stories or new things that you could add it. Like, I don't want to say it was one thing, but it was one thing for him to do Ahsoka because he kind of needed a third episode to finish out Ahsoka's arc in Tales of the Jedi, I think, but like a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back is the beginning of Luke's arc, you want to tell something after that, So yeah, at least that's my perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then uh oh, we'll go ahead, go ahead, what were saying?
Speaker 2: But the I was gonna say. But the one thing we did get is we got a lot of gaming previews for like seasons on the SIMS whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, there was also a Fortnite got uh Anakin, Sarawalker, and Ahsoka from Clone Wars. I believe they also got like a new map that is Star Wars related as well. And then I believe this is where you're gonna lead up. I don't know the actual release date because I didn't see it, but Galactic Racer apparently got an official relation October six. I'm hyped, clue.
Speaker 2: Because I'm hopeful I can convince Matt to get it and let me play it on his Xbox, because I've just decided, even though I'm a PlayStation girl, for the games that I want to play, it legitimately makes absolutely no sense for me to have a PlayStation. If I'm only going to play one or two games here and they're available on his Xbox.
Speaker 1: You don't have a PlayStation at all.
Speaker 2: I have a PlayStation four, I don't PlayStation of five.
Speaker 1: Ah, and I believe it's only a new gen game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it would be he's got the Xbox, the Xbox whatever it is, Series X. It's not one anymore.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say one is is it a black Xbox or is it a white Xbox? It's a black Okay, then it's the.
Speaker 2: X giant like computer looking thing.
Speaker 1: I have the series S. I am deeply regretting it because my whole like hey, I'm going to digital only is completely backfiring on me in this new age of like, hey, we should really think about keeping the media.
Speaker 2: When it came out, he and I talked about that in depth because he he likes collecting all of the game cases, like he has all of his like Xbox three sixty cases and stuff. All that stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, well for me it was more of, hey, we don't have a house. We don't have the space for all of this stuff. I'm going to get the digital only stuff so that way I'm not taking up as much space as you know, I don't need to. So that was a really big thing for me. But I will probably be getting this on the PlayStation. I do have a PlayStation five which is digital only. And then what was what else was announced on There.
Speaker 2: Was some zero company footage and like confirmation that's going to come out in twenty twenty six, no date though, no date, it's going to make that date six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am still very scared for that game. I really really really want to play that game. That will be the first one that I'm like pre ordering Galactic Racer. I think I'll just buy out right. I don't need to like pre order or anything. I know that they have like, uh, collectors additions and like stuff like that, but I think that is just more of a cozy, lazy game where I'm just gonna be, you know, just turning it on every once in a while to race a couple of times, whereas, uh, the Zero Company game will be something that I will plan out my week to play. So we will see how all that goes. Today, celebration tickets put on sale.
Speaker 2: Yes they did. VIP almost out of sale.
Speaker 1: Vip sold out in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeh sold out.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, there is a lot of people who used bots to or just these and are already reselling these tickets for like two or three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Read pop. This has been a very big trend with read pop. This means to get it together and basically severtize at this point because it's just not worth it for the fans, Like, there are going to be people who spend that money to go to celebration you and I not one of those people.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so I was telling you I took a snapshot and I actually have it right here. I wanted to see. I was like, hey, a four day ticket is two hundred and sixty dollars not something that I can comfortably spend at this moment. Impossible to do so, but I was like, how quickly can I get into the actual scream to purchase that ticket. I have been on this screen for now three hours.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb and it's very limiting to people because like, I'm swamped at work, so I didn't even like I saw the email notification, but I didn't have time to go do it, Like I would have had to take the day off basically to sit in line on the computer to like matter it.
Speaker 1: It does say, hey, you can close this page without losing your place, but I remember to go back exactly, So I have only been refreshing like every thirty minutes or so. And yeah, this is a long line for tickets ationally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because your four days, your four day tickets have been sold out. I think Saturdays are almost sold out.
Speaker 1: Oh, four days are already sold out. Yeah, that's the line that I'm currently waiting for. So it's a waste of time to even see how long it takes me. Yeah, they're already saw that in the same.
Speaker 2: So it would have been fun, but it's just not in the cards. Hopefully it will be one day.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it will be one day. You know, Katie and I have big aspirations for the show. Things have kind of had a little bit of a setback just due to personal life stuff on both of our parts. But the horizon looks even better. So that's kind of what we are hoping for when it comes to the future of this show and of being able to go to events like that. So not twenty twenty seven for us, but hey, who knows, maybe twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe we shoot for New York Comic Con. We know they like to do book stuff there, so I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, I think it would be more exciting to see if we can get the d l from like Tom or somebody. Which, by the way, we got more authors to like our stories on Instagram. Yes, all of May fourth Katy was doing in the work I haven't and just reposting stuff on her store, on our stories over at Star Wars Alliance on Instagram, and I like woke up to the notification for Lydia Kang and I was like, what did we do? And I had not even noticed the stories being added when Katie was doing all of that on May the fourth. So when I woke up May the fifth and all I saw was Lydia Kang's name on my phone, I was like, what in the world. I didn't seething what happened?
Speaker 2: We didn't have an image and I got stuck at my mom's four May the fourth, so I didn't even like get on social media until like four o'clock on Monday. Yeah, so I was just like, well, I want to post something, so we're just gonna post just we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna repost everybody else's stuff. Yeah, that's awesome, but it was it was really really fun. It was cool to see all of that. But yeah, guys, I think we are so desperately trying to avoid talking about this direction. If you haven't noticed, we're sixteen minutes in and we haven't said anything about Malish that ole lord. But I think we should jump into it.
Speaker 2: I think, I think guys. So Clay had texted me and was like, let me know when you watch mall and I was like, YadA, YadA, YadA, I'm not gonna get to it until tonight. The twler didn't want to go to sleep, so that delayed things even more. But we as I was done with mal, what gift did I send you.
Speaker 1: Clay, so I can actually show everybody you sent me? Well, actually, did you actually send me a gift?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sent me the This should have been an email. Yeah, And that basically says it. Now we cannot start this conversation without the elephant in the room.
Speaker 2: The reason that the last episode on the list in the episode titles was called finale, we were like, oh, maybe that's a sign that it's not going to get renewed, like they're only trying for one season. Like and for those who are listening, that pause was Clay showing as dark.
Speaker 1: Yater I have I have a have a photo here on YouTube showing Darth Vader. Darth Vader was the big reveal. We had our opinions about is Darth Vader going to show up? And we will discuss more so why we are upset at the idea of Darth Vader coming in. I will let Katie go first because I have no choice words.
Speaker 2: So first things first, as we have gone through the entire season, we cannot say that we disliked the entire thing. The animation is gorgeous, the music fucking fantastic, choreography amazing, but Lightsaber Fights, animation and music do not negate the fact that this was a crappy story.
Speaker 1: And that is the big thing now when and that's why I think.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying like, oh, put this in a book like that was not why because I posted the it should have been an email gift on social media as well. I'm not saying like, oh, there should have been a book. I'm literally saying there was no point of this story.
Speaker 1: When you look at the context of the story. This is the biggest problem that I have about the entire show. Every single person from now until the dawn of time, when Freaking Star Wars ceases to exist, the only thing that people are going to talk about are these last two episodes.
Speaker 2: And that's why I the first thing I said when Darth Vader came out was chicken chicks is because you can't tell an original story. You literally, you literally just repeated Rebels season two. Basically.
Speaker 1: We even said, if they do this, it's going to feel very Oh this is what uh this is uh a freaking uh uh uh not and or I'm I'm I'm I'm Rebels, No No One, Rogue one. This is Rogue one all over again. This is Rebels all over again. You cannot capture lightning in a bottle twice. You just can't. I believe that there could have been a great story here. We've seen multiple people talk about, Hey, the stuff that you're throwing at us between episode one and episode nine, there's off there. You're just not going into detail about the stuff that we want to see. Yeah, it's just a whole lot of hubbub, a lot of lightsaber battles, maul just killing people over and over and over again. Okay, that's not a story. We need details, we need a story. And again, just like I said, this entire show is going to just.
Speaker 4: Be oh but Darth Vader, Rogue one is not oh but Darth Vader.
Speaker 1: He has talked a lot about a lot of people do talk about that ending, but Rogue one is its own thing. It has a story, there's a reason there is context throughout the entire movie that moves the story of Star Wars forward. This, uh oh, somebody is not happy.
Speaker 2: This has to go to bed, So we moved her bedtime pack. So yeah, we'll probably be hearing a little bit more of her.
Speaker 1: It's all good, it's all good. We've we've heard, we've heard a lot from Amber Lynn. It's it's only fair that it's it's it's it's Mars turn. The story of mal currently does not push the story of Star Wars forward. Now there was and we we kind of had our own laughs after you were done watching the big sentiment, the biggest sentiment that I have seen. And I'm pretty sure I bookmarked it so that way I can quote it. Let me double check just to make sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and like, yeah, Clay's gonna pull up that tweet. But like, the fight is gorgeous, it really is. It looks fantastic. But it's like they wanted to explore the future of animation, and we're like, how can we do this the quickest that we possibly can. They didn't even take advantage of the fact that Sam Whitwer is so fantastic, Like he is very muted in this. He like, I don't think we've talked about his voice acting once in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a whole lot. Not a whole lot. Actually, well, my thing to you. Oh and I did screenshot it, That's what I did. I didn't. I didn't work, Margaret, I screenshot it. Somebody said five, mainly saying why Maul walks with a cane, why one half of his lightsaber is taken from an Inquisitor blade, and why he knew he couldn't take later on a loan and rebels is just so great.
Speaker 2: What he didn't take an Inquisitor blade.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't, but it is implied that he has to take one later because he gave one to Devin. That's why, right, But.
Speaker 2: The lightsaber that she gives or he gives her, is not one that he's currently using. His lightsaber is connected, like he's wielding two blades. At the end of it, he gives her a spare lightsaber.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's his, that's his. It's happening.
Speaker 2: It's not his.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it is.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's his.
Speaker 1: I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it is. It's I don't think and people can probably get mad at me for this. I don't think his lightsaber has been consistent throughout this entire show.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: And it might be like just a thing with taking or or like speeding through the animation or whatever. But I thought it was the other half of his lightsaber that he threw to her when she was facing the other inquisitor at the end of the episode. So yeah, the one that the one that she is given because I can let's see year. I can even I can't take a picture of it, like a screenshot or whatever, but I can take a picture of it and send it to you. This one is his, Now does it look like that in the middle of the fight. No, let's see here, because where is all right? So she's fighting this inquisitor, her blade gets knocked down. He has both sides of his blade. Yeah, that's his, because the next time we see him he's only holding one half. That's his other half. So whatever, it's because it's because the way that she has to hold, or the way that the animation has her angle and her grabbing it. You can't see any of the red like little circles that are usually on his hilt, but there's an angle where she has it above hit her head and it looks more like his lightsaber at that point.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think the biggest thing is that I think the biggest thing for me is Mama has consistently changed lightsabers, and we know that he has developed lightsabers for other people, well like Sabaja Press's lightsaber was built on by mal So like the fact, so I see a little bit more where they're coming from. If they're like, oh, he's gonna replace something, sure.
Speaker 1: But like, well, the big the big joke for me is everybody's freaking out. We finally know why he's using a cane who cares?
Speaker 2: He He's also pretending because he walks perfectly fine after he reveals himself as mall like, he shows up as an old name because he wants to hide. That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: He is manipulating. And then the next thing is, uh, the whole lightsaber. Okay, we know that he uses dual lightsabers, so he has a news lightsaber. Who cares? It is not this big amazing thing the fact that he knew that he couldn't take Vader alone in rebels. Hello, every Force user can sense one another and knows their power.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And at that point two Maul didn't need that explanation because Vader has been around in rebels for fourteen sixteen years at that point, Yeah, like Vader is well known. There was no need for an explaination. Oh, he knows he can't fight Bader, Like he knows that's impossible.
Speaker 1: It is It is this sentiment that people have. And I I said this in a text to Katie. I said, Hey, I know that there's people who just absolutely are yes men when it comes to Star Wars. They can never do anything wrong and all of this other stuff. But guys, we need to learn how to critique art. We are upset at the fact that there's zero story in this entire ten episodes. We and are not nothing. We are not raising our nose to people. No, no, no, no, that's not what we are doing. We have been spoiled with so much story in Star Wars books that give detail, that give so much character development and all of these other things. And don't tell me that a TV show can't do that. It absolutely can.
Speaker 2: Yes. And the problem is is that Lucas wanted reviewer to be able to track more state of mind throughout these episodes. As much as the animation is beautiful, you don't get that internal dialogue in these faces, Like so there's no inclination that there's something going on internally with mal at this point, there's nothing. If you wanted to tell that story, then maybe it should have been in book form where you can lay out an internal conflict a little bit better. But in an animation you need to have it telegraphed on their face because that one puddle vision is not going to cut it. Like at the end of the day, if you want to tell a story of internal conflict and like it would have been one thing if there was like some revolutionary thing revealed in this No, there's no revolutionary thing. There's nothing. Paul Betty did not return to voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we kind of figured, yeah, we we did call that somebody. He commented on the fact that that lucasfilm actually still kept in a very random detail on Drayden's or Dryden's design, which is the fact that on his right hand he has a giant thumbnail. I think I can't remember if it's a thumbnail or a pinky nail. But like people assume that of course it's for snorting spice, and so it's something that is like important to his character, which on my second rewatch I did notice is random long nail. I was like, okay, completely random to keep that detail in, But to each their own, you know, it is what it is. And you know, Katie told me before we started going live that she could not stomach doing another rewatch because it.
Speaker 2: Was so mad at the end of this, because there is so much potential to what the story could have been that I just was like, I don't want to deal with it. I don't want to deal with another watch. One thing I did see on threads, and I don't have who said this saved, but I saw somebody say that they did not think that Lawson was dead because he is the only man who witnessed. Yes, Gasta or Maul pushed Docky into Vader.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about this because there was somebody else who said, oh uh, I can't believe lost and sacrifice some stuff, blah blah blah. Guys. One thing that we've learned in all of fiction, you didn't see a body. He's not dead, and they purposely yep, showed him disappear. Well, for one, they purposely showed him witnessing what Maul did to Docky. That's one. And then two they purposely showed him going into the fog and then it quick cuts to something else. Do you never see him fall? You never see more blaster bolts hit him or anything. So that he immediately tells me he's gonna live with this, also immediately tells me is God damn it, he's gonna be in season two because we said, hey, I think this is best if he has his happy ending and he's not part of season two, because then I know it's just gonna drag on. Yep. They're gonna drag this.
Speaker 2: Off yep, basically, And I don't know why. I don't know either because at this point, like I don't think the way that the way that Devin reacted to Docky's death, I don't feel like there was a whole lot of balance there to really make it work where if Lawson of all people comes in and tell it. I think it would have been one thing if Riley had witnessed it, because I think she had a little bit better bond with Riley, But with the fact that Detective losson saw it. I don't think she had the same bond to really evoke that necessary. Oh I'm gonna change. Clearly, we know that Mal and Devin split at some point, so clearly this is where they're leading it to. It's not a very good story.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is. There was another thing, apparently one of the devs or showrunners or something.
Speaker 2: That's listening to me. He said he took him apart and gave her one half.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now I see a better image of his lightsaber now, and I can see it. I just thought that was a spare lightsaber that he had, like he had saved Savage's lightsaber. Oh, so that was my thought process.
Speaker 1: There is somebody out there, a part of Maul saying how they think it's interesting that we as fans believe that Devin could be d'artage m hm, And that immediately tells me, Okay, she's not Darth Town, you know. Does that mean she can't become something else that is now canon because Darth Talent currently is not canon from my knowledge? Correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, And this of course comes out again as us fans projecting a legends want first. Yeah, into Hey, this is going to happen because of course she has Leku, she's pink. It works out perfectly, you know, yeah, which guys like, come on there, there can be other things that happen with that. And so I think that with this moving forward, I think, okay, if she moves on to be something else that isn't Darth Talent. I need this to be something that is involving the future of Star Wars, not this pocket that Feloney loves to play in because it doesn't mean anything to me. And I know that sounds blasphemous, but the stories that happen in between that are literally bookending each other until it gets to a finite point, it means that it goes nowhere outside of that Star Wars.
Speaker 2: The fact it just plays into the the oh gosh, it just plays into the idea that Disney doesn't want shows the last past three seasons. But Felony has like this eight teen seeson arc that he's always wanted to tell. Basically, yes, it is what it plays into.
Speaker 1: But I if if Devin becomes like this like secret Sith Lord thing, you know, or even outside of what what have we called them before.
Speaker 2: The Actlites of the Beyond.
Speaker 1: Yes, something along those lines. Then I need to see her in the Race Skywalker movie. Mhm, you know I need something like that. So then that way, when it happens, I could be like, oh shit, now I need to actually pay attention to mall, you know, like that is what I want, That is what I need, because again, when you look at the timeline that he is playing in the Sandbox, there's bookends, and then he adds two more bookings that are even closer together, and then more bookings that are closer to and it just goes to this point of hey, it's not going anywhere. Yeah, and I don't like that. Now we've talked a lot of shit about MA I want to I do want to talk about one positive that I was actually really really happy about. I gasped when it happened. It's literally, Katie, it is literally a blink and you miss it moment. You don't understand the reference because you've never played the game. But I saw somebody on Twitter say, for a split moment he came back to me this frame. This literally happens for maybe one to two to two and a half frames. Yeah, this is the frame in reference and this is the.
Speaker 2: Game, ah see, Because again I'm not going to pick up on those references. Matt was like, oh, he split it apart. Oh, I really wanted him to turn his lightsaber run and fight like Ahsoka does, And that is literally what he's said.
Speaker 1: And technically he does for like a split second. But this is the reason why he split his lightsaber. There's also a moment at the very beginning of episode nine where Maul is attacking all of these UH stormtroopers and he is deflecting their shots. He runs his blade through an atst and then throws his lightsaber behind him. Yeah, and like splits it in half. And this is, almost to a t, the exact kind of move that you can use and forced unleashed to the point where somebody edited the uh the push notification or the or the button notification of like the X square circle triangle and edit it on top of the scene to show like how similar it is to the actual video game. And that was actually really cool, really nostalgic. I do like these small references to a video game that I genuinely loved to play when I was younger. You know, we we've talked about the idea of like, hey, we know that Star Killer is literally too overpowered to be able to be inside of the Star Wars cannon, and so I will never see him in Cannon, but I can see glimpse of glimpses of him here in mal and that's what I can appreciate. And that is just a that is that is fans of the franchise creating brand new content for the franchise, which is also really really cool. There there was a quote from Whitword himself that I did end up bookmarking and there was a conversation about how he it says here that's a bummer even for Mall fans. What you want to see is a show that has some complexity, where characters are challenged. When somebody asked him about like, oh well, he says that he didn't want to make a show that was just Mall going around and hurting people and what does that like look like? Right, And that's kind of what the show became though, Yeah, Mall was just hurting people and a point like, the only real sentimental thing that I have seen from this show was the flashbacks or visions. And there's also a video of Sam We're talking about that, about how he actually does all of the voices in those flashbacks. He does the voice of Sidious, he does the voice of Savage, he does the voice of young Mal. And it's because of it all being in Mal's head because and w word does explain, we don't know if all of this is true. This is all what Maul remembers slash vision, you know, because of this whole prophet thing that Mal has. So it's in his perspective when not not A whole lot of people, uh in the real world can project somebody else's voice from their brain onto a page when they're reading a book. Right, this is the same thing. Like Maul is not able to necessarily put those voices to those people because it's all in his head, which I thought was a nice touch. Yeah, aesthetically, so like these people know how to make a show. I think that they artistically are amazing at it, but when it comes to a story, they are limited to ten episodes and it is hurting them yep.
Speaker 2: And that is the downside. I think it was one thing. If this was a season of Clone Wars, for instance, where you had twenty four episodes, I think you would have been much better off. The fact of the matter is is that your longest episode was one episode at thirty minutes, and the rest of the episodes were twenty three men is loan. It doesn't set you up for success, and you have to you have to tell a tight story, and that didn't happen here. So the writer, So you had Matt mckknavitz, Julia Cooperman, Amanda Rose Munez, Jennifer Corbett who was the showrunner for bad Batch, Christopher Yost and Brad Raw were the writers. So at least Feloney wasn't writing by himself.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 2: But I wonder how tight the outlines that Filoney provided word at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Some other random tidbits. What what is Maul's right hand? What's her name? Rook? Rook was voiced by the same actress who does Sindula. Yeah, And when asked how she wants to go out, she replied, I want Vader to rip my lungs out. And that's exactly what they did when they explained it to her, versus what they do in the actual show, if you notice, and I had to really listen. On the second on the second watch, she screams and you hear a squash, it is because her lungs are literally ripped out from her. Yeah. Wow, And that's kind of intense. And that's one thing that I also wanted to talk about with these last two episodes. These were the most violent episodes of the entire series. And when I say that, we look at Clone Wars and we look at what let's rewind, we look at Stormtroopers almost like droids because they have no face. Yes, there's a helmet, but we don't see these people as people. Unfortunately, that's just how it is, and it's how it's kind of meant to be, and so we don't really second guess anything when things happened to them. I made a point to look at how these people died. Blaster bolts to the face, heads cut off, Everything that you could think of happened in these two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I was a little surprised by that. I was too, And.
Speaker 2: It's just an example of why animation isn't always for kids. But I think they just wanted to up the violence when it came down to adding Vader in. They wanted to be like, oh, this is what's worth it. I think they also got another choreographer for this final battle, because I feel like this battle was on another level compared to the white saber fights with the with Mal and Devon and then the Inquisitors and Mal and Dokey and Devon. It just felt on a different level.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is because mall shadow Lord use various martial arts forms from The Phantom Menace as inspiration for the action sequences. Okay, somebody this was I can't remember who this is, but he says, we break down styles based on earth bound forms of martial arts. For Mal, we went back to the original wushu kung fu from The Phantom Menace. So when it comes to everybody's favorite lightsaber battles, we see two references. We see the Phantom Menace Final Battle and we see Revenge of the Sith. Everybody brings those two fights up all the time because the number one complaint is how did we go from this to this? And they're showing the final fight between Ray and Kylo, and people can't get through the thick skull that time has fucking passed and all of those fighting styles have been lost, and people don't understand that for some stupid reason. But here I am to share it with you. So because of course this is more that we're dealing with, they went back to that original art form or fighting form, which is also an art form. But that is why it felt more intense, because it's something that we haven't seen for quite some time.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. It's also you can also I like how they choreographed it to show that Vader is kind of in his infancy state. I felt like he was definitely getting used to his new fighting form, his new body and everything.
Speaker 1: You can tell.
Speaker 2: This is very early on in Vader's career, so I liked that distinction there. He fights still heavy handed in later iterations, but is much more fluid with the way he attacks. So this was just like I'm going.
Speaker 1: To batter you well. Speaking of when I was watching it for the first time and I saw what Maul did to Dokei to push him forward to the fight of MA, I said to myself and kind of out loud. I was like, Dokey, run, run, run, And he kept on fighting. And not only did he keep fighting, he actually landed a hit on Vader, and I literally said out loud, that's the worst thing you could have done. Ah, Like, I know you're fighting on the defensive. That is literally the worst thing you could have done. And immediately after you see the annoyance and the anger come out of Vader at that moment where he just keeps on bashing and bashing and bashing and bashing. We have seen throughout the entire series. Doci is not healthy. Doki was wounded. Whether this be from purely old age or other instances, we don't know, but he was not at one hundred percent from the start. I still would have like, technically you can say, oh, Mal did this, Mall killed him, but no, it was Vader. Yeah, and so I'm still upset that Mal didn't kill him.
Speaker 2: I am too, But I think at the end of the day, like we said, like Mal needed to be able to have plausible deniability with Devin at the end of the day. And like there is no voice actor listed for Vader doesn't say a word this entire time. He just breathes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He he does the entire Mike Myers thing. He is very menacing. He does a lot of jump scares in this episode for the finale, which a lot of people do, Like again they were freaking out. This is the best thing ever, Like him just being completely silent and a badass. Is just amazing. Blah blah blah, and again a little annoying to me, but it is what it is. I just now also realize.
Speaker 2: We do have uh he just put that in the chat.
Speaker 1: In the chat, uh, Josh Tomorrow and Daniel Walden ignore negative headlines when Star Wars put the focus on promoting the Mandalorian Grogu to families all around the world.
Speaker 2: Any negative headlines?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so far alright, I haven't I know that for us, we've seen low expectations. But yeah, negative, yeah, but uh yeah, I think for the most part.
Speaker 2: Well, the one the last thing is Moroc falling off the cliff. Then you think he's still alive and that he just chooses to run basically, or at least that's what I insinuated from what you said.
Speaker 1: So so no, So Morocc is the one with the helmet, right, the one that you can't see his face at all.
Speaker 2: Well, they both have helmets, but like the black helmet versus the white helmet, the.
Speaker 1: The all black helmet. See, No, there's a helmet and then there's a mask. I think that's the difference. There's a helmet and then.
Speaker 2: There's just a, Okay, I'll allow it.
Speaker 1: So morocc is the one with the helmet with the Knight's helmet is kind of how I see it. No, no, no, I said that he is dead. I think he died when he got pushed off that cliff. Okay, so you think, but he died. But the insinuation is that the exact same body and everything is reanimated for Ahsoka to show like, hey, this is the exact same person. He can't die quote unquote, he can't die because of the reanimation. That's literally all I think it is.
Speaker 2: Because he's definitely reanimated. He's it's just a matter of is this his death or does he die later in like season two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is his death, and season two we will see him again and they'll be like a whole conversation of how I killed you, and then there will be an explanation that he could be reanimated. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because well, and the question is because it's Night Sister magic, that's the big thing. Because he's got the green smoke when Ahsoka kills him in the Ahsoka shell, So how do the Night Sisters get involved there? Well?
Speaker 1: Okay, that that does make a point because I know that, of course, uh, Morgan can definitely help that happen well the timeline of Ahsoka, But here I'm not entirely sure.
Speaker 2: I think here's the issue because I believe and I'm not one hundred percent sure on this, but Morgan's night Sister Clan was very different than the one Assage Ventriss came from. Yes, they might not have had the same magic. So obviously, I think we know that Morgan does raise morocc but did he raise him the first time? Did she raise him the first time, or did she raise him just the last time and it was just a stage I'm going to keep raising you kind of thing because clearly I think mal is kind of capable in the same way of coming back because he's been already raised once, so I feel like he could be a second time. I don't think we'll see him if if more so at the end of the day, I think if more if Morgan Elsbeth is the one who raises him, I don't think we'll see him next season. I think he will just be gone and that she eventually learns how to raise him and that's how he comes to be in the Asua show. Yeah, that's my theory.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna have to watch or do a little reading because I'm curious. On the Chrow mask, he dies, he's killed from Asoga. He Ahsoka kills him. We know this, We've seen it from Tales of the Jedi. Does this mean are we going to see what we've actually seen all the other inquisitors so far? Yes, and we've all seen them die, Like there is literally no other Inquisitor that is there or in existence that could face Mall and have to survive. You know, well, I guess they could survive, but it's just like it would feel kind of pointless, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because obviously you've got Bears, but Bears runs off and manages to survive the things. Crow dies in Tales of the Jedi. Yeah, and all the other inquisitors die off other places. So maybe we don't see an inquisitor next season.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just maybe it's purely just.
Speaker 2: Underworld stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I feel like that is a safer route because if they're being chased by the Empire, there is the worry of like, oh, you're just reshreading another story from season one all over again, which I would hope that they don't do so yeah, I scratch that. I don't need to see inquisitors in season two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need to see them either. I think it'll be much simpler if the story is more condensed into one area and we don't have to drag in the Empire to play in. I'd rather just see Mal train Devin and the underworld, because I do think with him losing Rook, I do think Mal is going to be in even more turmoil because Rooke was kind of like his voice of reason at the end of the day. So it'd be interesting to see how he handles that well.
Speaker 1: And that was the thing. He lost his crew. He lost everybody, lost Agoris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lost everybody. So at the end of it, it's just Riley, two Boots, Mario, Devin.
Speaker 1: And Mal, do you I guess yeah, because they did jump on board. What do you think two Boots and Riley are gonna do.
Speaker 2: Lawson said that he wanted Riley to get to his mom. I think they could try, but I don't think the mom's going to take Riley in, Like. I think that's gonna be like a trophy thing where she's like, oh, I worked for the Empire. I can't take you and you need to leave right now.
Speaker 1: Like, so, so that's that's the angle. Then two Boots and Riley have no choice other than to be part of Mal's crew. Two Boots will try to be the voice of reason. Lawson finds his way back, finds them, tracks them down, and then that's where we finally see in the last two episodes of season two, last and tell Devin about what he saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. The other thing I forgot about is spybot Dice, and I was very sad by that.
Speaker 1: I was sad.
Speaker 2: Matt was like he's a bad guy, Like what.
Speaker 1: And I was like, did you hear did you hear the emotion in his voice at the egg Master? And then he feels so sad, stupid freaking inquisitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, okay, I really do think that's everything. Now we talked about everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, Like because I'll just I'll just say this as a one last like thing. Whenever the Inquisitors told the Stormtroopers inform him that they're heading his way, I literally said out loud, you son of a bitch. Yeah, And then when, of course you hear the breathing, I was like, God, damn it.
Speaker 2: Well, because so I said on Monday that I wasn't on social media. I loved onto social media.
Speaker 1: You said you were spoiled. I need to know what was the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Vader's appearance. I logged onto social media for the literally thirty seconds and literally, you know how Threads has like the ghost text where you can click it. Somebody had even just been like, all when Vader shows up in episode nine, like without ghost text and everything, and I'm like, so, I literally like scrolled off. I didn't get on social media the rest of the day. Is literally one of the first pieces on thread that I saw.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I was like, we.
Speaker 2: Saw it coming. So I'm not like super mad about it, but.
Speaker 1: Like the fact that we didn't want it to happen and then then just got confirmed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Threads, like Twitter was so hard to do spoilers, Threads makes it very easy to use ghost text, y'all, Like you literally just highlighted and click ghost text. So there's no reason that that person couldn't have muted what they were trying to say. So, guys, next week, we're covering the last bit of our Mandalorian revisiting to prep fourth Mandorian Grogu releasing on May twenty first, guys were in the month. It's actually happening. Star Wars is coming back to theaters finally, y'all. We will be live for our review on the geek Versus YouTube channel at eight pm Friday, May twenty second. That's a PM Eastern, to be clear, because that's important APM Eastern. We will be talking about our Mandalarin and Grogu thoughts as always will for like our book reviews, because obviously we haven't really done a true movie review on this channel so far, but like our book reviews, we typically do a non spoiler review. We talked about non spoiler thoughts for about thirty minutes and then we'll dive into spoiler specifics, so that can be what you expect. So if you have if you don't get a chance to see the Mandalorin and Grogu on Thursday and you want to join us on Friday, you'll still be able to join for like the first thirty minutes or so of the episode. We'll give plenty of warnings beforehand, but we would love to see you guys in the chats that just kind of talking about what we expect and kind of will probably end up going over Thursday box office numbers because those will be available. We'll talk about final productions for the weekend and stuff kind of see how we come back. So, but the schedule for the month, guys, Mandalorian Season three next week. Then on the twenty first, we will be talking about theories and productions, final box office predictions kind of thing, with the final numbers. On the twenty first, twenty second Mandalorian and Grog Group review, and then that is the live episode on the twenty fourth, I think is when I have it on the calendar, is when that will go into podcast feeds, So that is when you can expect the movie where you're into podcast feeds, guys. And then for the twenty eight there will be no episode that week. We're gonna take a break and just kind of chill because we're recording a Patreon episode also the week that the movie releases, so it's gonna be a little chaotic. Yeah, we need a little bit of a break, but that is what you can expect for the month of Megas. Who knows, Clay, maybe we'll drop episode two of the New Jedi Order that week just to kind of give them something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then also I do want to also remind people because this is probably the best time for us to do it. Next week we will do a mini review, yes of out Mandalorian and Grogu, which, by the way, I don't know if you knew this. I went ahead and again I'm not entirely sure if this is a spoiler, but this is for the movie, and there is a character here that we know about but was wearing something and I was like, I didn't know that, So maybe a tiny spoiler.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know. I'm gonna have to look now because I don't know what you're talking about there.
Speaker 1: Well, once we once we end it, if you do, if you want me to show you, I could show you, because again I don't know if it's a spoiler. I don't know if it's one something that we have seen in uh set photos or anything else, because the character in all of the TV spots was not wearing this. And so yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Just as a clarity, I think it's in general because like this shot, for instance, in the coloring book is from the first season where he is like hiding.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. So I was seeing a whole bunch of stuff that was from the actual show. Oh and then as I was just flipping through the pages, I was like, oh, these are characters from the movie. And then I flipped in and I was like, oh, there's a character here and they are wearing something that I didn't know necessarily was confirmed.
Speaker 2: But okay, we'll talk about it after we get off.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes we will, but we will be showing off a page or two that we have decided to try our artistic skills on. Yeah about that. But with that, guys, I want to thank everybody for being here and listening to us. I know we yap a lot, especially when we have our very strong opinions on things, so we do apologize. But of course you can always find me at fanboy Clay on threads and on Instagram. Go check me out there. There's going to be some things that are happening in the very very near future that I will be announcing here very very soon, but just not quite ready to do so. But yeah, just be on the lookout for that. And on your feeds, Katie, what about yourself, y'all.
Speaker 2: You can find me on most social media platforms, Katie. Remember the show is on Blues Guy and Instagram, it's at Star Wars Alliance at the eight in the world is very important, don't forget it. You can slap that username in front of that Gmail dot com. Sorry, I've got a burst of energy. You can slap that username in front of at gmail dot com and shoot us an email, especially with the movie coming up. Guys, we want to know your thoughts. We want to be able to share them on the show. Just give us some way to address you for the show. So that way, because obviously emails are a little bit different. We don't want to share emails directly and everything. So yeah, with that, guys, well, I want to wish everyone a great day or night, whatever time a day you are listening or watching, and we will see y'll next time. May divorce be with you.
Speaker 1: M