Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by the guests of Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: We got someone or something growing around out here?
Speaker 3: Does a legend walk among us working in the forests of our world?
Speaker 4: Did you see what it was?
Speaker 5: Was it a person or an animal?
Speaker 2: Or I can't go off if I know as if my thunder light came on and I hear happened to Glenn and see the thing running across the yard a good fight man or something works like a man. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 6: For over fifteen years, we've talked with scientists, researchers, investigators, and witnesses trying to gain insight and proof around the existence of this mysterious entity.
Speaker 2: Jesus quiet ar heel, Hello, get somebody out here.
Speaker 4: What's going to announce?
Speaker 2: There's got to revention about six foot nine?
Speaker 4: I don't know, easy announce there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm working right away.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, hand on her yarn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, it's big.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's he doing in your yard? We're gonna do you.
Speaker 3: Join us as we continue into the investigation of the Sasquatch Experience. And well, well, good evening everyone, Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience. Sean Forker, James Baker, Vance Nesbitt, Matt Arner. No Henry May yet tonight, of course, as we are brought to you by the longest intro in Bigfoot podcasting right there on your screen, we got to shorten that up.
Speaker 4: Gentleman.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time, but we do have a great guest tonight. But before we bring our guests on the show, we did want to take a moment. A couple deaths in the realms of cryptozoology and upology. Christopher O'Brian, of course, the author of Stalking the Herd, researcher involved in a lot of cattle mutilation studies, passed away over the weekend. And of course Paul Halsey, you know, more acquainted with our good friend Henry May. I met Paul a couple occasions, but didn't quite have the you know, opportunity to build a friendship with Paul. Besides, you know, just a general passing acquaintance. But again, our condolences go out to Paul's family and friends. You never want to experience these things, and unfortunately it's that part of life that happens. But damn it always happens, especially around this time of year.
Speaker 6: It just a's a little deeper cut.
Speaker 3: But again, express our condolences out there. Was going to give Henry some time to talk and if he pumps on, maybe we'll do that a little later. Give him a chance to, you know, say some kind words about his friend James Baker back in the habit without rambling on too much. Goat, folks, we do have a great guest on the program tonight. Matt was kind enough to put this together. Matt, do you want to go ahead and give a little intro to our guest of the program?
Speaker 5: Well, absolutely, if anyone in the big thimming world is involved in in gets in the coalition group, it is a fantastic, fantastic group that was put together by our guest Steven. Really it gives that critical thinking that is much needed UH for UH for this type of research and and UH in interest. So UH kudos for putting that together, for putting together a very well blended UH audience and in group members who probably have the best UH. I guess we could say arguments, but in a sometimes in a more pleasant manner, you know, across the internet. So uh, definitely kudos to to you Steven and uh and again you know, we thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 3: It could be a little lag there, Matt, I believe you. Yep, oh, yep, he popped back.
Speaker 5: There we go, there he goes.
Speaker 4: We got Mario. I'm looking for the chat room, but it's disconnected me from the talk here.
Speaker 8: What happened to me?
Speaker 4: Have choice one or the other.
Speaker 3: We'll read the questions to me as they come in. Stephen, don't worry. We'll make you.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting here, yeah, looking at you guys, not the chat room. So any any trolls that come in, I hope you will squash them. Warning.
Speaker 3: We got your back, buddy, We got Stephen. I uh, we've been acquainted. I don't know if we've ever actually had conversation besides maybe just a couple of sentences on the internet through the years. Uh, that happens from time to time, right, you kind of run parallel, maybe don't run into each other. But we've seen some of the craziness over the years and the fighting, the stupidity that runs rampant, the hoaxes that get bent out of control and and and run rampant over the internet. You've been there since before where the internet was really a thing. So why don't you tell us your origin? How did you get involved in bigfoot? And why would then you start a coalition group on Facebook?
Speaker 4: That's the interesting thing, because all my life I was really pro bag foot, believing in bigfoot, fascinated by bigfoot and aliens and other things like that too, you know. But the longer I stayed involved in these fields of study, the more I was forced by the discourse to take a skeptical position, you know. And I've been pushed to that degree where people think I'm a a troll, a non believing troll who has been lurking in the bigfoot community trying to sabotage it somehow. But the fucking sorry, the fact is that I don't know if I can use my normal language here at the fact is that I've always been very pro research and pro rational methodology and pro science. So if that conflicts with your looney woo woo belief systems, then well good. I mean, I'm glad it does, but that doesn't make me a troll, someone who's been his whole wife thinking about Bigfoot. Okay, so I don't know who you people out there are who are lurking in all the Bigfoot groups now saying things like oh, they're just non never believer in trolls. So I called me here to harass us. And you know where were you twenty years ago? Person? You watched Expedition Bigfoot and got inspired by Maria Mayor or whatever. I mean, Come on, this is all a lonely a TV show, and you know before that, at least Finding Bigfoot had real Bigfoot researchers on it, like Bobo and Cliff. I mean, say what you like about Matt or for Day, but you know I know those guys from being in the woods with them. And that's the real Bigfoot community right there, is looking looking for Bigfoot at Bluff Creek. That's how I grew into it, you know, It's how I got absorbed into it as an adult, and I'm happy that I was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was, I will say, past tense now a very good experience to add in my life.
Speaker 3: I think you make a really good distinction there about about your I call it belief system. It's not really a belief system. But you know, there's nothing wrong with believing yet taking that skeptical approach to everything that's put at you, Steven. If we didn't do that, everything that came across the internet would be accepted as Bigfoot evidence kind of almost like it is today by most people. But to those that have been around for a long time, I still think there's that standard of what we could we We used to call it critical thinking, now it's called you call it. You know, you get accused of being a troll. No, we just have a higher standard of what evidence is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like John Green, he's a troll too, I guess, right right, yeah, and Forne Forne to Hinden, he was definitely a troll. I mean, come on, I mean, these are the fundamental principles upon which modern some North American big footery was founded. Uh, be rational, you know, seek a scientific approach, you can find it to whatever is being rewarded. And you know, it's been a constant war with the wu Wus ever since then. The wu Wu is a is a spirituality thing that is really separate from Bigfoot and exists exists in American culture. Like regionally, you'll go to places, and they'll have mysterious haunted places or places where monsters have been seen or aliens have landed or whatever the hell it is. Right, everyone's got their own regional witch or demon or ghost or goblin, and that I mean combine that with like Native American spiritual roots and a lot of other you know, European superstitions, and you've got a fertile cultivation ground for all manner of mysterious blogoney to you know, sprout up everywhere. And that's what's been happening.
Speaker 3: Why do I think it's so attractive? Why do you think it's Why do you think that's become the more commonplace? Do you think it's because folks really they can't come up with an explanation for Bigfoot, so they just throw it all into a popo re and say, oh, this is really Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well we you know, in the in the Coalition group, we've warned people about these things for the whole time we've existed. And the group was founded in two thousand and eleven. You know, it's been thirteen years of fighting this battle. And you know, it started fighting the wu Wuos. It started by being in groups where we thought we were talking about Bigfoot. The next thing we knew, we're talking about stick structures and glyphs on the ground and secret languages being spoken, and before you know it, it's mind speak and it's aliens. You know, you can start listening to people like Carlo Williams or Tom can Troll or Igor Burtsev. Even the supposed scientists is actually not a scientist. But you know, people like Kwoni Laps right as. These people were the looney fringe of the day back then, and they've all sort of faded away, and there's been a whole new generational sweep taking over, so that people like me are actually kind of bewildered, like where did all these new people come from? Like it used to be like I could just look at what's happening for the week and I'd say, oh, look there's a Billy Willard show on or whatever. Right, Oh look they're Sean Forker's show, and I'd listen to that. You'd have somebody talking like who knew what the heck they were talking about? Like John Green or somebody was on there. And now it's like who are these people? You know, they come out of nowhere, they buy a plot of land, and they're like suddenly finding they put tracks on it. You know, I'm just speaking of one guy. I don't want to name him, but like he was a little suspicious. He's a very smart guy, starts a podcast, buy some land. All of a sudden, now he's got big foot tracks on his land. That is to me very suspicious. But I mean, at least he's taking a fairly rational approach, right, So I'm not one to rule that out or anything, even like the stuff that Tom Powell proposes, like quasi mystical stuff, because I mean, we're weird creatures ourselves, the human race, our species is weird, and we are naturally inclined to see things in terms of our own weirdness, right, So like when there's something happening out of the woods, we don't understand it, We're going to see a projection of ourselves. Like that is a lot of what bigfoot is. It is clearly clearly a lot of it anyway, is obviously psychological or mystical, philosophical, whatever you want to call it. It's definitely not just an animal in that sense. And like when when you have science supposedly failing like it did with the Ketchum study, which kept us all strung long, like how many years, like seven years. It's still going on now that uh, you know, we predicted Ketchum would fail, and we showed how she was failing all along the way, and we had real scientists supporting our view on this that he's doing false forms of DNA study. And we knew what was going to happen after that is the Wu is going to be broken free and they're gonna like run rampant as I mean, pretty much exactly what they did. So you even have people like these wu Wu people from the past being resuscitated, you know, brought back into the brought back into the field after they'd already been chased away. You know, he's still got like M. K. Davis to people like him, right.
Speaker 3: That every so often that massacre theory comes back.
Speaker 4: I can't I can't believe it. I mean, I started getting involved in the war in two thousand and eight when I when I heard about the massacre theory from Henry Maine, and I'm like, I can't believe this. And I mean I've spoken with Henry over the years, and I mean it's astonishing how it's still still goes on no matter how much ever we put into it. We've got we've got Bill Miller presenting the full film from John Green that was supposedly the massacre. And you can see blue water running through the creek. It's not blood. And you know, and you know, once you think you've got m. Davis cornered, he quits and retires. Like I've got him to retire at least twice on my own once alive on a radio show, The big Foot Tonight Show, drove him into retirement, and he just comes right back, come back, you can't resist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, they think with that new audience, they get a whole new generation of, like you said, folks that want to you know.
Speaker 1: Buy into that.
Speaker 3: And and the problem is they just don't go back into the homework. They don't go far enough into the history and and pick up on you know, the point Stephen, that you made or other folks have made, or stuff that's actually just in the film that there's nothing to interpret. It's there, you know, like the film is the film. There's no hidden artifacts or messaging or secrets in it.
Speaker 7: It's it's rare.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the Patterson's film, you.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, I mean there's nothing there besides what's showing on the on the on the screen.
Speaker 4: Not to mention though, what's showing on the screen and are optical illusions. You know, when we went to try to find the film site, I was amazed. In two thousand, uh, two thousand and one, I couldn't find it. Two thousand and seven I went to then I went to the conference with these guys. They took me down there and they pointed out to me where the film site was supposedly, and uh, that was just one of the theories. It turned out. After the two thousand and three symposium in Willow Creek, they all went up there and nobody could pinpoint where the film slight even was. You know. M. K. Davis's friend walked downstream and found a certain spot, and other people walked upstream and that I still can't see it. John Green was there, he couldn't identify it. And Jim Learn. I mean, these guys, these guys, none of them, I mean, all that collected knowledge al Odson was involved. No one could pinpoint where it was. And so when we went walking along we had to realize that the view of the film is a plane on a two dimensional flat plane, right, and you're looking at a bunch of information that has to be sorted out like triggerometrically, you know, it has to be put into a three dimensional version of the in your mind just to be able to see where the film site even is. Because those trees in the back, they are like three hundred feet away from the camera. You know, there is a big plane. And if you don't have access to the information like we did with the Christopher Murphy's book, the means the Sasquatches what we had. And there's a view from above the film site taken by Renading Inden in nineteen seventy one that shows all the stumps and everything that was there then after the film was shot. Now it's all grown back so that all you see is a you see the cover of our book, the Bluff Greek Project book, that's the title. You'll see a drone footage taken by our guy Rowdy Kelly of the film site, and we know it's the film site. But what you what all you're seeing is is an outline of trees grown back on the sand bar, you know, and you can see the creek, the shape of the creek, and it all matches up with the story told by Bob Gimlins and everything else, But even then you have to get down on the ground. When Bob Gillen was there, he didn't even identify the big Tree. In twenty eleven, they just he identified where he thought they first were shooting the film, and then we were doing our survey of the site, and we surveyed every inch of that whole sand bar the size of a square football field, and we were able to show exactly where the big Tree was. I mean, I couldn't believe when I first saw the big Tree, it like it was like hidden in the background, and it sort of just emerged out, like, oh my god, there it is, you know, like sitting right next to it, where the other trees that were supposed to be there. And we had had actually we had arguments amongst ourselves right in front of those trees just a few weeks earlier. We had been there arguing about it, and our guy Ian had said, this can't be the place. It just can't be the place. And he went walking off and started playing with his GPS and taking readings all around the area where me and Robert sat there, and said, well, I guess I have to do the survey, you know, And when we did that survey, we were able to look at it three dimensionally and see that all those stumps and the log piles and the old trees were still there. So at that point we had stable anchors that could not be denied, and they still can't be denied. We've added confirmed by Bill Munz and just about anybody who's got a brain who's been there will agree with our position. It's like scientifically proven. But MK Davis, he's still going on and on about how we are the debutantes, Like we just came along and said, oh no, that's not the real film site, and he, on the other hand, has no evidence, is not a single bit of evidence that is related to the current site compared to the site back then.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to tell you, you guys have put together quite the tone on the research you did to you know, into the film site.
Speaker 6: Low yeah, pages.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys have read it and enjoyed it. We tried to make it about something more than just ourselves, you know, right, because it's really our story, like our adventure that we took to go out and into the world and to seek the answer to this great mystery, like where is the film site? You know, we didn't even have to propose the real hypothesis, which is Bigfoot exists or not. You know, we just said, where's the film site? And we were able to demonstrate a fact in the natural real world that cannot be denied. And it's just it's just beyond laughable that there's still people who are trying to deny it. Mhm.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's funny is that, you know, even for the search for the Big Fellow himself, the difficulty in finding the film site was its own challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's not like you could just go and prove it, you know. You guys put the work in the accuracy to ensure that this is where I'm at, This is where we can validate these landmarks to prove this is the film site.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, how can you deny How can you deny a set of stumps that are in the perfect matching alignment with the photographs from the film itself and afterwards by known researchers that have been there, You can't. And we've done trigonometry, you know, we had our our fellow Jamie Wayne, joined the group and did the trigonometry, with the survey and with the photography, and I mean it showed that it's beyond doubt, you know. I mean Bill Mant spent two days there with us, serving and working on the site. Thing. There's no doubt about it. So who is this guy? Mk? Davis? He doesn't even go to the place that we m that we talked about. He gets down there and he immediately has downstream to his own special place where he he you know, finds like bones in the rocks and tries to claim that it's a bigfoot bone.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Mac, go ahead, did you have a question there or a baker?
Speaker 9: Well, first, I want to thank you.
Speaker 8: I wanted to clap through most of your conversation here because you you pretty much say what I do, except you read a book.
Speaker 9: And the fact is is because.
Speaker 8: I look at it, I look at all the I enjoy the lore, but I look at.
Speaker 9: It from a scientific point.
Speaker 8: Of view, and a lot of people get mad about that, like you don't believe it or whatever. I have never seen anything personally.
Speaker 9: But I've seen photos. I've seen things.
Speaker 8: Plus I've listened to a lot of people that are really smart and aren't taken easy by a stupid you know, rumor, but you make a good you make valid points. So a lot of this newer stuff is you know, I always call it like Columbuses. They discovered bigfoot, so everything they see must be what it has to be, and there's no arguing with them. And those people I just kind of walk away and go over and have a taco or something or go, you know, I just ignore them and they get mad or because they're like, why aren't you interacting? Like because you have nothing of value to the conversation, Okay, because you don't want to hear a perspective.
Speaker 4: On the other side.
Speaker 8: Kind of how I handle politics too. But it's a weird thing. But you know, in general, though, I want to thank you for saying the things you say, because you are bringing up valid points that we have always and Sean Sean will admit because he's been with me, how long is I always ask the utterly stupid questions of where other people are standing there going don't you just believe them? No, it's like asking what does God need with the starship? Okay, you ask If you ask me for some stupid request, I'm gonna ask why and why why?
Speaker 3: You know you know why is God angry?
Speaker 4: Well, you have to look at your first principles. What are you starting with? Now? If you're starting with a belief in God and angels and devils and demons and goblins in the woods and stuff like that, then of course you're gonna also see bigfoot as something weird. But I mean, if you're a naturalist, you start with what can be established empirically and rationally, and you know, then they'll say, well, okay, don't be so closed minded. Well I'm not closed minded. I mean I'm an rational agnostic. I don't believe that we know everything, so you can't call me closed minded. I'm actually saying, very specifically to your face, I'm an agnostic. That means I'm open minded. That means I'm considering, with curiosity and determination, what is being presented to us by reality. And I know for a fact, by my own personal experience, is that there's way more to reality than what we see with our eyes or with our science even, you know, but we have to progress based upon evidence. You can't just say, well because I had a dream where I talked with Sasquatch and Sasquatch was my teacher. I mean he taught me about the spiritual world they came from. I mean, that doesn't make it real. Okay. You know, Matthew Johnson or whatever. You are a psychologist PhD. You don't have the right to go around acting like people should listen to you. You know, you've got the same obligation that we all do as part of basically the social contract, which is to establish what is real amongst ourselves. You know, and we can say the universe is intelligible. We can learn about things that are in the universe and try to understand them objectively, and then if there's knowledge to be had, that should be able to be extracted and presented to other human beings and established as real or false. You know, like, these are basic principles of science. And science is not about the mainstream science. It's not about the status quo. I mean, there may be scientists who are trying to play the game of getting a grant or whatever, or to control the direction of a field of the department or whatever. But the truth is you need to do this every step of the way. When you're practicing science or any other form of inquiry. You have to be able to try to stay objective of rational. Otherwise, what are you doing? You might as well just write poetry or or start a religion or something.
Speaker 3: Saspros.
Speaker 4: That's what these other people are doing.
Speaker 9: I think that's one of the key things is though, is the biggest problem that happens is a lot of people get it in for the research and I'm not making I'm not making fun of people on Discovery Channel.
Speaker 8: I'm not fun of the people that are making the TV shows because I get it. You you have a passion for a thing, you have a knowledge for a thing, and then somebody says you can get a paycheck, you start wavering a little bit, like hey, for production value, Mary's gonna see the third Sasquats this week because she's got a tight shirt and knows how to screen.
Speaker 4: Okay, And that's what says.
Speaker 8: I mean, like I loved Mountain Monsters, and like, but you knew if you were really watched Mountain Monsters from the beginning they were like, we're just out there having fun. If you actually nine what we're putting in here, you directly. But then if you watch shows like Expedition with Josh Gates and some of that he puts he puts a lot of real knowledge in it. But you can tell that at the end of the day, a lot of that's production value, you know, and I think a lot of it.
Speaker 4: It's like on a spectrum of credibility that I would say that anything on television is not fully credible. But at the same time, I know, having spent all those years with Bobo and Cliff, and you know, talking with the other people among the Finding Bigfoot crew and producers, and they would call me up every year and ask me for advice, and I'd give it to him. You know, sitting there in my perch and in Willo Creek, I could see everything happening right like in the mecca of the world of Bigfoot, and I could tell you that there are there was a lot of concern in that show to try to keep it real right, and especially among the stars of the show, I mean especially Matt, I mean well especially Cliff and Bobo. For sure. Absolutely they are both people of high integrity and they would not sell out and they give him the chance, they would still fight to the death to be true and honest and real. And that's where it's different with other shows like Expedition Bigfoot, which is fake from day one absolutely fake. I mean Bryce, I know Bryce from being in a movie with him with Bob ed Goldwaye. He is really sincerely interested in Bigfoot. But I don't think he's really a researcher. He's playing the researcher on the show. He's an actor, and he would probably be the first one to tell you that if you asked him in private. But Russell Acord, I don't know where that guy came from. But he, you know, claims to have been a research over like forty fifty years or whatever. And I never heard of him. I mean I never heard of him and never heard anything from him because he wrote some fiction book.
Speaker 3: And we have that problem with the revisionist history of people creating their own you know, for those of us that have been here since the early two thousands, where the hell did you come from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were? If you were so much a part of the Bigfoot research, I would have known about you, because when I first got involved, I was I was very conscious of trying to know who everyone was and to figure out where they were all coming from. And it was a limited few of people, like you know, there were a few hundred of us basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, there's so much truth of that, and it has grown to the point where, uh, you know, probably more innumerable than it used to be. But there's still a difference between the enthusiasts and the researchers. Though sadly, I think a lot of the researchers Steven have just now said, you know what, fuck it, I'm you know, I'm going to go over here, I'm going to go fishing, and when everybody else goes away, I'll come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I've seen a few of them come back, like Billy Willard recently. That's why I mentioned him. I was on his show recently. But they used to be these were the guys that did the shows every week, and I mean a lot of us have moved on or died. I've he sadly, before you realize that twenty years has gone by and there's been it's been such an engaging process that, you know, I was so involved and living right in the middle of it, I could not escape it. It was a daily thing. I saw big but every day, you know, driving down the street of Willow Creek, you see one, two, three, four, five, six, seven bigfoot statues or signs or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh Okay, yeah, he's got statues. We got to take a quick break here.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 3: We'll be back in about six minutes, so go ahead and take care of what you need to. Folks. You're listening to the Sasquatch Experience Sean Palker, Vance and as It Matt Arner, James Baker and our guest Stephen Stroyford will be right right after this as soon as I find Vance's button. I mean, that sounded bad.
Speaker 7: We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, steam a symbol.
Speaker 10: Thanks. That is all about overeating. I mean one of the main dishes is actually called stuffing. Stuffing, what names that they turned down? Cram it in, eat till you can't breathe? Am I the only one that doesn't feel comfortable with the fact stuffing is cooked inside a dead animal. Shove a loaf of bread up there, delicious?
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, but see I prefer craym berry at in sauce. Well, happy Monday night to you on this triple leave to the Thanksgiving where turkeys are the creature of the day apparently. But and first I need to apologize for the nasal ees because yes, it's that time of year where the head colds are you know, transporting from person to person. For every doorknob you touch, you're at risk. But anyway, A Peoria, Illinois truck driver transporting mail for the US Postal Service in a twenty five twenty four foot box truck in rural central Illinois reported seeing a huge creature alongside the road, believed to be Bigfoot, while completing his route back on October fifth of this year. He was interviewed by Bigfoot investigators, who labeled it as it was an official sighting of the mysterious massive creature also popularly known as sasquatch or Skunkcape. Now we don't have Skunkcape in central Illinois, and there's journalism for you. Highlighted. Troubled by what he saw, truck driver Gary Rutherford Junior looked for bigfoot research online and found a community message board and posted his encounter. Bigfoot researchers and investigators found him from that report, and now his tale is part of a viral video on TikTok that has three hundred and sixty thousand views and more than eight hundred in thirty comments in less than twenty four hours. The information from the video came via a post from the BFROS Matt Moneymaker. Now Rutherford is quoted as saying, I'm not calling it a bigfoot. The investigators have concluded that's what it was, and I can't accept that. Rutherifer said. All I know is it scared the absolute hell out of me, and I can't get it out of my mind. I thought about it for days and felt like I needed to tell someone or report it, and that's how I ended up online. Now Rutherford Junior continued on by stating, on October fifth, I was maybe three quarters of a mile into Route nine, and I had my low beings on, still fairly dark out at six am when I saw it. I didn't process this thing until I was right up on it. I did a double take. It was standing on two legs with brown fur. I drove past it in about five seconds. In that moment, it locked eyes with me, orange yellowish glowing eyes, and I realized it was eye to eye even though I was sitting high up in a twenty four foot box truck, so I estimated the thing to be at least eight feet tall.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 1: Stunned trying to figure out what I just saw. He arrived in Canton to offload his mail shaken. He told employees there about it, and later on he told his family members he did go back in daylight to look at the area, hoping to find footprints, but unfortunately it was heavily lined with grass. When we come back, put your parkson, your mittens, on your tups, and get bundled up because we're going to go into January.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the big foot bullhorn right here on the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 1: It's not Dockers, it's got Knockers. Hey, have you been to the squatchfield site on the interweb that has it all, introducing got Knockers dot Org. Stop on buy for an intriguing story of the encounter that started at all.
Speaker 7: But wait, there's more. Got Knockers offers some fabulous merchandise like T shirts, hoodies, onesies for the baby, plus a stunning array of jewelry and some fantastic sauces that will make your taste buds dance.
Speaker 1: But the coolest of all is a genuine god Knockers tree knocker. Stop on by and say hi to the folks of Got Knockers. Gwendolyn and Michael Purcell. Get in on the action and just visit Got Knockers Dot Org again Got Knockers dot o RG. Well, thank you Ted Man. Like I said prior to that break, get your parkison, because this is going to be one of the first Bigfoot events of twenty twenty five exactly. It'll be Friday and Saturday, January twenty fourth and twenty fifth of twenty twenty five and its squatch Fest in Longview, Washington. It is an annual celebration dedicated to all things Bigfoot. Held in the picturesque city of Longview, nestled in the lush greenery of Washington State, This festival brings together enthusiasts, researchers, and curious visitors alike to revel in the mystery of the legend dairy creature. At Squatchfest, you can expect a range of activities and attractions designed to entertain and educate attendees about Bigfoot and its cultural significance from expert speakers sharing their latest research. The address is nineteen hundred seventh Avenue in Longview, Washington. Thanks again for listening to this edition. Another big footbullhorn right here on a Sasquatch experience and as a turkey always says.
Speaker 7: Until we meet again, keep your.
Speaker 3: Toe in the mind, mind, and welcome back everybody Sasquatch experience. Sean Forker, Vance Nes But, Matt Arnoer, James Baker, and our guest tonight, mister Steven Stroyford Stephen. Before we were on the break, I almost forgot we were talking about Vance. Look what you did to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do my best, and I do my best.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Vance, you chime in here and get some good questions going on.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I'm kind of I'm very intrigued on the skepticism in which you have brought, Stephen, and I greatly appreciate it because I spend a lot of my time. I'll look at a video, I'll look at testimony, and I think I take it from the same perspective that you do. I don't buy all of it, but I'm still intrigued by it, and I want to know what is the absolute truth? And it's so hard to get to that absolute truth? And what's your take on that? How do you get to the absolute truth?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, I don't think we ever do really, so as human beings, we're a species stuck on a planet in a bit of the galaxy spinning around through space. How are we going to know everything?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: We don't know. We're just beginning to know. If you think about it, how ancient is the universe and yet how young we are. I mean, we're studying our own origins, right, And we look at creatures like the Neanderthals and the Denisovans and the Fluoresce Hobbits, and we're like discovering new things every day. And these are things that have existed within reasonable time frames of modern history, right like uh And with the big Footing inquiry, of course, there is always the assumption that maybe I'm not an assumption, but the feeling that maybe something still lives from our ancient past that we just never fully extirpated and held before the world as an extinct, dead uh species, or even something I mean, frankly, that we ever discovered in the first place. We're looking at Denisovans. They are they're known to be human. We've bred with them, We're part Denisovans, We're part of the Enderthal. These species never went extinct, they just emerged with us, right, I mean in a certain way, they we lost that that form of human uh life, but we have continued to carry its genes with us. Now that that's mysterious enough right there, And I don't I don't need to talk about spaceships and uh, you know, I'm having sex with a new bile ancient one. Bigfoot emails in my dreams while I'm camping, like like you can read about in the Laps writis book Keeone book. I mean, there's always been science fiction and weird stuff because we don't understand reality. So what do we come up? We come with stories that help us understand them. And the most powerful stories are the mythological.
Speaker 7: Ones, and that's very true power myth. I guess I want to answer the question then, for the amount of time that you have spent looking into this field of research, and I'm just going to leave it just at that field of research. As you have gotten older, has your perspective changed at all?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, like I was saying earlier, you know, I was, I was much much more inclined to believe in Bigfoot before I encountered all the bigfood researchers. You know that it was they, one after the other who taught me how to be skeptical. All right, I mean even when you get down to people like Jeff Meldrum or clif Barrickman, or people that might be able to be your friends or colleagues, you still have to be skeptical of what they say, because I mean, I know for a pretty darn close to the fact that the stuff in Bluff Creek was a hoax, Like maybe not the Jerry Crew tracks, but all the rest of it after that was Ray Wallace and his buddies creating a bunch of goofy footprint tracks and laughing about it. And I know this from talking with people who live there, you know, who told me the stories of how they were part of it. And you know, I never did see like the absolute convincing proof, like here's the wooden feet hanging on the wall in the garage, right, but I was told, I was told, as a matter of fact, that they were indeed hanging on the wall in the garage. And you know, you see those tracks in what was presented when Ray Wallace died, and you know, you can't deny it. They matched up perfectly perfectly with the tracks that were found in Bluff Creek. And there's even one among all the potos I've been able to see, there's one photo that shows the track that could match with the Jerry Crew track, but it's shown a bleak angle, so you're not exactly seeing it with a perfect comparison, but it is very close. And I know for a fact that the Blue Creek Mountain and Onion Mountain tracks were faked in nineteen sixty seven, right before Roger Patterson was called up to come down there. So the only thing that stands out to me among all the Bluff Creek evidence is the Patterson stuff, and that, of course, you know, has a lot of people questioning it as well. Maybe Patterson was just a better craftsman than Ray Wallace was. But back in the days of Jerry Crew, you know, Jerry Crew didn't make that footprint. He was honest, sincere believer, and a lot of people in the Bluff and Will Creek history they are sincere believers, you know. So I mean, I question all of the evidence claims, even the ones that are made by my friends, and the things that my own group has found. You know, we've found plenty of things that could be big foot tracks. We've done plenty of things that could have been maybe a bigfoot blurrying up our trail cameras, which have been running for twelve whole year's NonStop now in Bluff Creek at least, you know, an array of them, NonStop monitoring for bigfoot and all kinds of other things. But whatever we see, we have had zero bigfoot evidence that I could stand behind, you know. We on the other hand, we've discovered that there are endangered species living on the film site area, the Humboldt Martin, which was fairly recently just declared an official endangered species. Uh it's really you know, like a pine Martin, but a regional variant of it. But you know, they're they're they were thought to be extinct here. They're genetically distinct population from the surrounding pine mark Martins. And this goes back to you know, ice age formations and stuff, where you know, we know that they they were just segregated off from the other populations, and we've shown that they're still living quite happily, prancing around on the field site, and they seem to be in a mated pair at least one made pair producing babies. So I would not just answer your question though, trying to be more briefed, like you know, uh, my own perspective has changed because I can't just believe in something without substantiating it to be true and claims like like the step Just take the Olympic Project as an example, very smart guys, all all of them wanting to produce science, not wu you know, and yet there they are with these bigfoot nests things that you know, we all looked at it from my side of the picture and said, those look kind of like bear nests or or maybe they are all wood rat nests or something. But you know, they even't got to the point where they you know, they were running a go fundme project for uh, the DNA testing of this stuff, and they finally got around to doing it, and what did they find? No bigfoot evidence at all, not a single shred of evidence. And then this fact has been hush hunched by the Olympic Project guys. It was revealed by by Laura kant Krantz in her podcast, The wild Thing Podcast, and she, I guess maybe was not supposed to have done that, but she had Todd Disstel on the show saying well, we found nothing. We found bear, we found deer, we found human, we found everything. But what you are looking for, which would be some kind of primate that is not human and so anyway, like the fact that not only do we have people who can't just move on to reject that as false evidence, but you have an active cover up program to hide that back. And you have people in the in the Bigfoot community talking shit about you behind your back because you are not one of them anymore, you know, And like, this is the thing that's really, I phone, particularly hurtful, truly and also harmful to not just me but to others, to the discourse in general, that there is a cult like behavior pattern going on here, yeah, which strikes me is very similar to some pretty negative cult history before this. I mean, why would you have a cult surrounding Bayfoot? I don't quite get that. But people who have seen one, or who believe they saw one, are very adamant about trying to verify what they experienced. And like, you know, I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure that they didn't. You know, I have to say, well to my friends and the other people who say they saw me, put yeah, maybe maybe you did, and maybe I even did. Because there was one night in my own yard, one night up on the hill above Willow Creek, when there were no, are you still there?
Speaker 5: We're still here, yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, it's one of those obnoxious Facebook.
Speaker 7: Calls that and we get it.
Speaker 4: But so anyway, so there I am in my own yard, uh, and there's something heavy. The ground shakes when it comes down the hill. I hear it crashed into the brush. And the next day I find tracks in the in the understory plants that look like footprints, you know, there depressions in the grass, not like mud tracks. But okay, this thing happened, and it happened before my eyes, although I didn't see it, you know, it was in the dark. I was out there, you know, waiting for it to move while it was stable in the brush about thirty yards for me, and I could not explain to you what it was. I finally I decided to go back towards my house and I sat there by the cabin porch edge and just listened to what was happening. And like sure enough, it started moving down the hill and it was back in the neighboring yard, which was vacant house at the time, and moving up behind the brush, you know, which was scotch broom and grape vines and some other plants. And it was back behind there, and I could hear it breathing and walking. And I don't think it was a bear. I mean, because I have I had bears coming up to my house quite frequently. Where I lived was basically on a game trail near a creek near also a bunch of fruit trees and stuff that the little neighborhood I was in had, So I mean bears, I could distinguish them from a person or whatever else. This, whatever it was, it was something different, And I mean it sounded like a biped to me, and a heavy one to make the ground shake like that. I mean, you'd have to weigh quite considerably more than me. You know, I don't know what it was. I didn't see it, so I can't even say to myself that I saw bigfoot or had a big foot encounter. I've had everybody like Matt Moneymaker whomever that was a squatch as I mean, I've had them up there showing them the spot, and well, can I say, you know, I'm the most skeptical one of all of my own experience.
Speaker 3: I empathized with that Stephen myself, having had my own experience with something and always wanting to be skeptical. You don't want to buy into your own bs, you know what I mean, And you really want to have that extra fine magnifying glass to pull out all your own details. It's kind of a mindscrew to deal with, and it affected me for a long time. I really feel you on that one, because I'm still very, you know, strongly skeptical about my own experience. And it's just harder when you've been in this for a long time. Did I really experience something or am I adding more to it because maybe in my mind I want it to be that way.
Speaker 4: Ye, I don't know, but that was for me. That was two thousand and eight and I was my mother was in the hospice. I was going down to spend time with her in the hospice while she was passing away, you know, and right before I left was this weird experience. And I can't help but think in some part of me, I really deeply wanted it to be Bigfoot to show that there was magic still left in the world, or that despite the fact that I was losing control, like of being able to save my family, you know, I could at least I could at least experience Bigfoot coming and walking in my yard. Now, I don't know what, but you know, there's a long tradition in humanity of experiencing like vision quest or whatever you call it. You know, in times of importance, Bigfoot is said to arrive and to bring a message to humanity. That I mean, that's like a common Native American statement. I've heard that from many, many tribal people, you know, saying that to me. So or rather than books, you know, uh so, I mean, I think that that could happen just as soon as it with myself or any of us. In the modern American world. Out there in the woods, you can experience these things and they they take on a to mention of reality that is like self accelerating. You know, you you're you're wrapped up in it, You're absorbed in it. And like having lived in the Willow Creek for all those years, now I'm not. I'm suddenly in a different world altogether. You know, where Bigfoot does not matter to people. I mean where I am now, I'm looking around. I don't see any Bigfoot stickers or Bigfoot statues.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: The only the only place I see them is like maybe in a tourist stop. They have Bigfoot shot glasses and postcards, you know, but it's a weird thing to not have it. Like, now that that's not in my life, I feel this sort of weird emptiness, like, uh, where did that magic go? Where's the Bigfoot? You know? Like what can I what can I replace it with? You know, something else? Maybe I don't know, but you know, part of me I want to move somewhere else, like maybe I'll go to Mount Chesta study the Limorians or Aliens, you know, But there aren't There aren't any Bigfoot where I am currently. I don't think it's a there's hardly even any trees here. Yeah, there's like a there's an ocean. I can see the ocean from my front porch, you know.
Speaker 7: You know it's kind of crazy that you mentioned that. Because I'm in northern Illinois. I cannot tell you the plethora of Bigfoot culture that I see on bumper stickers, on window dc ells on a daily basis. I see this now. I understand. A lot of it is, oh, this is just a cool culture thing, but here, we don't have that here. But yet a lot of people pick up on that culture and they go on the Bigfoot thing and there's Bigfoot with the American flag over its back with the peace sign up. Okay, it is what it is. But boy, do I see a lot of it here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you guys are I mean, I have to say, you're in a much higher population density than we have out here in the West, right, Like you guys have conferences and like, I don't know how you do it. Thousands of people show up, you know, all right, we had conferences here in Willa Creek with Bob Gimlin standing right next to me. Yeah, and everybody famous and it's like one hundred and fifty people show up. Yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 5: So listen before we go, here's the question that if Henry was here, he would definitely want want to ask you, especially with uh, you know, your your history at the bookstore and everything. Can you tell us maybe your top three books we're involving Bigfoot research that that are a must have for you?
Speaker 4: Oh well, okay, yeah, I have to narrow it down that much. I would say I would definitely want to have John Green's book, I mean, irreplaceable Bible, a factual pursuit of of what's going on and what's being reported. I mean it's dated by now, but all the more required because of the strong, the strong rational argument City makes. They're not perfect. John Green was not a professional scientist or philosopher, but he was very bright guy, and he was very sincere about his pursuit of the meaning or the reality of this thing. Regardless of whether it's real animal or not. Something is happening, and it's not just hoaxing. It's a whole complex mixture of things. And that's sort of what John Green was right on the edge of all the whole time. Like beyond John Green, I would say, you've got to have You've got to have Roger Patterson's book, just because I'm fond of it. You know, to me, that book is it's just charming, and I had to own a first edition of That means you're holding a copy that Roger probably carried around in the trunk of his car or whatever he was driving to deliver to you know, he had his own distribution route, and he also had these four while theater presentations that he gave, so a great number of the copies that sold were actually handled by Roger. And I mean that the sad truth of the being that Roger Patterson died in nineteen seventy two, right, very long time ago for us now, I mean I wish that he had been around longer. It would have been so interesting to see how he developed as a character and a researcher. Or maybe maybe he would have confessed to hoaxing. I don't know, but it would have been great. And Bob Gimlin, I mean, he's been very interesting to have around, but for the most part he was he was separated from it for a long time time, didn't want to get involved, felt like his wife was going to dump him for the negative attention they kept getting all that when he's talked about that on and on. But so Jon Patterson, I would have to say, well, you should probably get yourself a copy of Christopher Murphy's book, Meet the Sad Squatch or or Know the Sasquatch. There's two versions of it, and they're both different. The first version was written with Tom Steinberg and John Green, and it excluded all the WU stuff. And it also excluded Peter Burn. I mean John Green made that like a rule, like no Peter Burn or I'm not doing it. And so when finally, when Chris Murphy wanted to do his second edition. He had to say to John, well, I'm going to rewrite the thing, and he rewrote it so that he could remove basically all of the writings of John Green and restate it in his own way. But I mean, so they're they're different, not necessarily contradicting each other or anything. Mostly mostly it's a second edition to the first book, but either one, it's going to give you a great presentation of the quality uh pictorial history of the field of Bigfoot from the beginning, including you know, Native Americans and yetti, abominable snowmen and all of that. And no one's done quite as thorough a job on it than than the Christopher Murphy, although I mean their flaws. Like he had in his book, he had the film site identified, and I had to tell him, you know, you better stop doing that because he just proved that it's wrong. And he was going to go up in front of the whole conference in Washington and gives this presentation. And yet he said he was grateful he was able to modify it in the last minute. But you know, you had always google eers the images and stuff that were not accurate. And anyway, he was close, but not close enough. You know. So anyway, those are the three. I would also recommend you know, read some skeptical books, like there are good skeptical books like they might piss you off, right, like the book Life in Times of a Legend, Bigfood Life and Times of a Legend by Joshua Booze as b u h s uh. This is a book that when I first met money Made, I first met Matt Moneymaker. He came in my store, wrapped this thing out of the front window and stalked up to the desk and said, holding the book up, you should burn this thing. I'm just like, holy shit, it's that Moneymaker. But anyway, that was a classic moment for me. That book is very thorough and it's historical analysis and it's it's a critical book. But if you I always say to the believers, you know, if your belief can't withstand the skepticism of one author or like me, a Facebook group leader or whatever, then how is it going to ever stand up to me with the very eye standards of real science? And I always say for it to be science, for it to be real, you have to have the highest standards. They'll shoot you down. Otherwise you're going to be shot to pieces if you can't to say what you think is real, and that's the way it should be.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to put note to self right now. I'm writing this down, UH, Vance and Steven best friends, I because I appreciate every aspect you have just taken, and uh, it sits well within the cockles of my heart. That of your perspective sits very well with my perspective. So thank you. I I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 4: And if you want, come and join our Facebook group. Absolutely, coalitions were critical thinking and big research.
Speaker 7: That's awesome. You know, that's awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You can find it pretty easily. It's got a weird name. We'll be careful. There's a couple of fake uh pages of trolls have made.
Speaker 7: Trying to of course, that happens all the time, you know.
Speaker 4: And also, you know, check out Bluff Creek projects. That's what we've done, yeah, you know, between the film site studies and the history of Bluff Creek in general and the the UH current and trail camera stuff he's done, and you know, lately we've been doing even more like with the with the with the drones and the light r and stuff. You could see it. It was on expedition Bigfoot of all places. But but Rowdy, our guy, our drone guy are he's a film expert of our group. He did the the work with them, take their light, our guy the very exact spot where we know now that I mean Patterson films the Bigfoot, and we we were able to show him this data from our survey map and current actual objects on the ground still to the state, and he determined that the subject in the film was no more than six foot three in heights and so that argument, I mean, I think he has been shot down. We've been trying for years to get people to stop saying it's seven foot or taller. Yeah, you know, Bigfoot doesn't have to be seven feet tall. You know it could be just that's how tall that big Foot was.
Speaker 7: Well, Corey Lekapoy from Canada. You know Canada, it's America's top hat or America's largest national park, he commented too, and giving you a double thumbs up. So thank you, Corey. We appreciate you being here.
Speaker 4: Brother Corey has been around for a long time in the cold.
Speaker 10: He has.
Speaker 4: That any of you people, even if you don't like the skeptical attitude. Just go and look at it and try to learn. I mean, I look at the believers sites with an open mind, so why can't they be open minded about skepticism?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, absolutely, Sean, we don't hear you what's going on.
Speaker 3: I had the damn mute button hit that's for you, mute, but going on. So no, wonder you didn't hear any anything I said. I said, that's a great place to put a stamp on it. Yep, for the night, Steve, thanks for joining us tonight. We appreciate it, man, Thank.
Speaker 7: You, Steven, Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, thank you guys. And I definitely ever need someone on the show to give me a ring or whatever.
Speaker 3: Absolutely we got. We still have more to touch on about uh more topics. We barely touched the service tonight here, folks. Yeah, but that's Monday nights. Sometimes an hour just ain't enough, folks. I'm Sean Forker, that's fans and has a bit Matt arn Or, Stephen Stroyford on behaps of James Baker and Henry May who aren't here. Give us those dulcet tones there.
Speaker 7: Vance you all be good or be good at it.
Speaker 3: We'll see in two weeks. Folks, have great night.
Speaker 11: Maybe you've been listening to Sasquatch Experience. Please rate interview where this podcast has been consumed.
Speaker 7: To share your.
Speaker 11: Experience, visit us on Facebook, our website, or email us info at Sasquatchexperience dot com. Keep on squatching