Speaker 1: All right, the Menendez brothers are topping the pop culture charts? Are they sociopath victims?
Speaker 2: Are both? And doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: Also, the reaction to my medical anxiety segment yesterday proves why as a country we have a lot of way to go uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: It is the cREL Cast. Excuse me, this curl Cast.
Speaker 1: I am Correl Happy Wednesday, September twenty fifth. So sorry I got the burpies, but so glad you are joining me. We've got a lot to talk about today in this whirlwind half hour of a show. I'd like to thank all the patrons at Patreon, Patreon dot com, forward slash really Carrel, you know who you are.
Speaker 2: Without you, the show would not exist.
Speaker 1: And if you're watching on YouTube, at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Carrell, there isn't fact to chat room there where you can chat. We've got a lot to talk about, but I just saw this weird story out of San Francisco Chronicle. This kid was taken seventy years ago when he was like four or five years old, from San Francisco, and because of Ancestry DNA. They just found him on the East coast, alive, and they brought him back to meet with his living family members, and oh my god, I mean, what a story, what a just what a story. He found out about a whole family that he had never known about. And you know, he said he remembered a little bit of the abduction, but anytime he brought it up, the family just glossed over it and said he was misremembering or you know whatever. This story right out of one of the cop shows on TV Law and Order or something. But seventy years later, reunited with his family, which never give up Hope, I guess is the motto there. It's a shame the parents. I don't think the parents were alive to see it, but his siblings are. And wow, I mean, that's just that's one of those stories we just go what seventy years after he was taken, they found him thanks to Ancestry DNA, which, by the way, Ancestry is being bought by a big mega corporation for like four point two billion dollars, So this big mega corporation will have all of our information.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not.
Speaker 1: Overly worried about that because you know our DNA is out there. You know, you throw something, you take a drink at something and throw it in the trash can, someone could.
Speaker 2: Get your DNA.
Speaker 1: So I'm not overly worried, but you know, big corporations having your DNA, God knows what they're going to do with it, all right, speaking of DNA, DNA can be used as evidence. Evidence can be used at trial. And the trial that happened during the early nineties, the first trial that was covered Gavel to Gavel by Court TV and really put court TV on the map. The Men Brothers, their fictionalized story by Ryan Murphy, is number one on Netflix all over the world, not just Netflix United States, Netflix.
Speaker 2: All over the world.
Speaker 1: And we talked a little bit about this at the end of the show yesterday, but I want to talk a little more because you know, there comes a question in every trial and you one day might be forced to forced lucky enough to be on a jury where you're forced to consider this very notion. If someone is abused, and if they are abused badly sexually or beaten, or you know, just terrible abuse and they strike back at their abuser, is that self defense?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: The Menendez brothers claim, and it is now backed up. They did tell other family members at the time that their father was molesting them, and you know, they've claimed it all along Minudo. Now a couple members of Minudo have come forward and said that Jose Menendez was inappropriate with them. We know for a fact everyone knew that he showered with his boys after the tennis tournaments, so certainly questionable be questionable public behavior on the part of the father. My father never showered with me.
Speaker 2: So the question.
Speaker 1: Becomes, if you are being abused, does this lashing out, this snapping.
Speaker 2: You know, warrant what you've done.
Speaker 1: Should you get a lighter sentence because you are in fact a victim. Now we know many killers that have been painted victims and gotten lighter sentences for doing horrible crimes, and it doesn't make the family happy when that happens.
Speaker 2: Is that justice?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because if it were my family member, I certainly would want the book thrown at whomever it might be. So with the Menendez brothers, the allegations are that the father had been molesting them since they were each five or six years old, and when the older one said enough, he started doing it. To the younger one, and he kept doing it to the younger one until the younger one was seventeen years old. You may wonder why the younger one didn't escape, why he didn't run away. He says he did try to run away, and that the parents or family always came and got him. You may wonder why they didn't report it to authorities. And this is where I think it goes into what I was talking about yesterday about mental illness. I think a lot of us have been in abusive situations sexually, verbally, physically. Most of us got out of those situations without killing our abuser. Now, if your abuser is attacking you, like at that moment, and it is true self defense because they're beating you or they're trying to rape you and you harm them, that's one thing. But just walking in a room where the abuser is sitting, or many times with some women, they've killed their husbands while their husbands were asleep because their husbands were these horrible abusers, and the view has been, well, they got what they deserved. But is there ever really a reason to kill someone that is not actively posing a threat to you? For instance, if they're sleeping but you know when they wake up, they're going to pose a threat to you. Is it then okay to kill them in their sleep? And I've been torn about this my whole life because I've seen these shows where these women get abused, and I think to myself, Yeah, you'd do that once and then the minute you went to sleep, you would not wake up.
Speaker 2: But would I really do that or would I just leave?
Speaker 1: And I know that psychologically again, these people feel like they cannot leave, like they're trapped. But that becomes a mental illness. So are the Menendez brothers mentally ill? I mean, you don't pick up two shotguns, go unload them into your parents in the most beute, brutal of ways, reload, walk back in and make sure the mothers did Sane people don't do that, no matter how far they're pushed. Sane people don't do that. Those boys were old enough to get in their cars and just keep driving to never come back. They were eighteen and twenty three when the murders happened. Are eighteen and twenty one, so they were old enough to go out on their own. They should have been out on their own. They shouldn't have been living at home. So where does mental illness come in to the Menendez brothers, And no one's really brought that up. That did the abuse damage them mentally? Well, of course it damaged them mentally, of course it did. And this is what I was talking about yesterday, how we don't deal with mental illness in real ways. After I did my show yesterday about medical anxiety and how I have it, there are several commenters at YouTube dot com forward slash Ley Carrell that said, Oh, just go take a walk or or go see a chiropractor and have you know, have your aches and pains you know, worked out, or you know, basically, just get over it, just like Trump said about school shootings.
Speaker 2: Just get over it. And that is the.
Speaker 1: Attitude a lot of people have about mental illness. For instance, with the Menendez brothers, Why couldn't they just get over the abuse and leave, you know, why couldn't they put all of their fear and anxiety hatred? Why couldn't they put that all aside and just go? For me, that's where mental illness steps in for me, that's where the brain isn't processing everything it should be properly. I know for me that my brain learned at an early age with two handicapped parents that were always going to the doctors, that health is fragile. Then once I turned eighteen, aids was everywhere. And you know, is that a cough or is it pneumosisitus pneumonia? Is it a spot or is it kapasi sarcoma? Is it normal vision changes or is it psychomegalavirus CMV. I could go down the list of every opportunistic confection. Anytime Andrew got bronchitis, was it bronchitis or was it you know, pneumo sistus, pneumonia. And so with my parents and my husband and a majority of my friends, we were always on medical alert because it never was anything that was just that was gonna go away, you know. This morning, so I went to the neurologist for the follow up, but I also went because I was having this pain right here that I told you all about.
Speaker 2: This morning. I woke up.
Speaker 1: It's completely gone. It was there last night, It's been there for three weeks. If I press, it's completely gone. If I raise my eyebrows, it's completely gone. Now may come back. I don't know. We still don't know what caused it. They think post herpadic neurologia from the shingles. But it's gone, so I wouldn't have even gone to the neurologists for that. Uh. But where does your mind draw its lines? And that's different for everybody. You know my brain because it's been trained since I was a little kid. I've I grew up in emergency rooms. I literally did I ate more hospital food than I did cooking at home. Both my parents were handicapped. Both my parents were disabled. Both my parents had a myriad My mother had fifty eight operations in her lifetime. She was medically blind for a while with cataracts until they did that surgery. She had both knees replaced. My dad had electrolyte and balances in the hospital every three or four months. He had angina, he had alternative colitis, he had Crohn's disease. So I was no stranger to doctors. And then at eighteen, all of you know my community, right as I'm coming out eighteen nineteen twenty twenty one, suddenly AIDS is everywhere. So my brain there's no middle ground for medical problems. There's no oh, just let it go, it'll get better, or just wait and see. Because with my parents, or with all of my friends or my late husband, if you waited and saw that could spell the difference between life and death. And literally with my friends and my husband, it was always down to life or death. It was never just some casual trip to the doctor. We didn't know if they'd be coming back. My parents or Andrew, I never knew every time they went in the hospital, never knew if they were coming back. So my brain has stayed on that high alert and just focused on me and Ember and getting over it. Come on, fifty years of that kind of training, my brain's never gonna get right. With the Menendez brothers, they were being molested since six years old, so for the youngest, he was being molested for twelve years. As they said in the series on Netflix, it's not normal to not remember how soon your father started having sex with you and never remembering a time where your father wasn't having sex with you.
Speaker 2: That's just not normal. So are they mentally ill?
Speaker 1: Should the courts have treated them differently because of all the abuse. The second trial, which was not hung jury the first one was the second trial. The judge did not allow all that evidence in and the jury couldn't be swayed by it. But America and the world is enraptured with their story, and it's still split down the middle. Half the people think their parents got what they deserved, the mother for ignoring it. There's been some allegations against the mother and the father because he beat them, was mean to them, and because he sexually molested them. Where do you stand on this? In your mind's eye? Does their abuse justify murder? Because in my mind, you have to be mentally ill, and what I say by mentally ill, it might be a temporary thing. You might just be crazy for that moment, But sane people do not murder people unless those people are directly attacking them at that moment. Like this morning, I was crossing the street. A guy nearly ran me over, so yeah, I flipped him off. He literally nearly hit me, and I was legally crossing on a crosswalk. He was way far back. He sped his sports car up and nearly hit me. I flipped him off. He turned around, rolled down his window, came screaming at me and Emberg telling us he was going to smack the shit out of us and everything. Should I have taken out my tempers? Sprangers braided him in the Satan, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you know, provoked.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about this and Jack Sacksan and so much more when we come back.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere on this humph day.
Speaker 1: Krell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons had Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash Really Corel. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corel, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash Really Corel.
Speaker 2: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash Really Corel.
Speaker 3: Thanks from with thirty.
Speaker 1: Years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 3: And let's keep the party going as long as we can, all right.
Speaker 1: I agree with someone in the chat room at YouTube dot com Forward slash Really, Correll.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to like the video.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to the video if you're on Patreon Patreon dot com, Forward slash Really Corell. The Theories could have been a ninety minute movie if they'd taken out all the lurid details. They spend hours of the show detailing every object that was ever stuck in these two and even I got tired of it. I'm like Ryan Murphy, come on, you know, it's like I don't need to hear this fifty times.
Speaker 2: We get it. They were abused sexually. We understand what that means.
Speaker 1: We don't need to hear about you know, the toothbrush that went up there, and the keys, and there's Jimmy Hoffa.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it was just it was quite a bit.
Speaker 1: And do I think they were sleeping together the brothers, No, that's I think completely fictional. When they were adults, I think that's completely fictional. And the brothers have said that's completely fictional. But again, it goes back to were they mentally ill? And does it excuse what they did to me? And I just am gonna say this out loud. No, No, they should have gone to jail.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Would I have put them in jail for life without the possibility of parole, No, I wouldn't have anything over twenty thirty years would have been fine because they were abused and they were in a terrible situation. That didn't give them the right to go in there with a shotgun and blow these people away. But once that happened, they should have gotten some leniency, not a lot, but some leniency, you know, thirty years, you know something, but just not life without parole. That that seems extreme for them. Again, there are people who commit horrific crimes. I watch all these murder shows, I mean real life murder shows, and some of these people they go to jail for seven to twelve years, and then they're out and they viciously murdered someone that was not abusing them, raped and murdered twenty years. They get sentenced to like a twenty year sentence and they're out in twelve. And so it is not unheard of for murderers to get out of jail, you know at some point. Now, whether you agree with that or not, you know, it's up to you. But it is not unheard of for murderers to get out of jail in ten years, twenty years, thirty years. They've been in jail basically twenty four thirty years. I think they've served their time. I do, but that's just me. I'd love to hear your comments down below, because I do think abuse buys you a little leniency, little not an acquittal, not a oh, they should just be able to walk free. No, you committed murder, and you you're a saying if you're adjudicated as sane, a sane person should know that murder is not the answer. But if you murdered a person because they were beating you daily, because you felt you were trapped and could never escape them, because you've tried to escape them and they found you, and you finally just do them in because you know they've tracked you everywhere. And you know these women who escape the abuse of husbands and then they're found again, and then the abuse starts again, and then they move again and then they're found again. Okay, leniency there, Yeah, So I do believe that abuse should grant some leniency, but it should not exonerate you from the crime. And the same with mental illness. Now, if you're just totally backcraped, crazy that you go to an institution, if you're just mentally ill at that moment, again, that should cut you some slack, but not exonerate you. And about my segment yesterday about mental illness, and I have one. I think it's terrible that in this nation we will look at someone that's depressed and say, well, just get better, just get happier, go for a walk, change your diet. Depression is real, it's a real illness, just like COVID. Anxiety is real. It is a real debilitating illness, just like cancer. And you wouldn't look at a cancer patient and say, well, just get rid of the cancer, you know. So telling someone that has medical anxiety or depression or anxiety over other things and it's real, and it's affecting their life and it's affecting them, telling them to just get over it or to get happy, or that they have no reason to feel that way, that is not the tact that you should take. Not only does it show zero empathy, but it doesn't work. Fat person, wants to be better. A depressed person doesn't want to be depressed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I say about fat people because they're all this body exceptance.
Speaker 2: Bullshit.
Speaker 1: Fat people don't want to be fat, Okay, they don't want to. You think they want to be because they sit there and eat all that food and don't exercise, and you think they must want to be fat. No, fat people are riddled with anxiety. That's why they're fat. I don't care if who you know, and if they're obese, morbidly obese, over fifty two, one hundred pounds overweight, they have some sort of mental disorder going on. They're either depressed or they have anxiety or something because they are punishing themselves with the fat. The fat is comfort for them. The food is release and comfort for them. I know, I lost one hundred and ten pounds and I've got twenty five more to lose, and I will tell you right now that I don't want to be twenty five pounds overweight.
Speaker 2: I don't. I struggle with it every day.
Speaker 1: I follow a vegan diet, I do not splurge on sweets and cakes and pies anymore, and yet still the weight is falling off slowly. I've lost six pounds in three weeks. So I don't want to be this fat. I want to be thinner. I want to be down to about one eighty five one ninety That's where I want to be. And I am not happy at this weight. But I was really unhappy at three ten. And people who are morbidly obese are unhappy. They are even either their suffering depression, some sort of anxiety, body issues, maybe abuse, maybe this like Justin Bieber, I said this the other day. Justin Bieber looks like a hobo. He looks like a homeless person because of the abuse that happened at P. Ditty's parties. And I'll stand beside this. He was abused as a teen by Hollywood sexually. I remember MERV Griffin asking him questions about, oh, well are you dating? He's like, I'm twelve. They made him a sex symbol very early before he should have been dealing with sex. And then Diddy, god knows what he did to him, probably diddled him. And because of that past abuse, it has manifested. Justin Bieber is a gorgeous man, just drop dead gorgeous, like the one named Donnie that I met at the park this morning. Oh he was heterosexual, but he had cute dogs and so beautiful former Navy guy. Oh my god, Oh my heart was just beat and I spent twenty minutes was talking to him just because he was cute and interesting. Actually, but Justin Bieber can be gorgeous, but he's not. He uglies himself up because of feeling ugly on the inside, and he feels ugly on the inside because of the abuse. The same thing for fat people. Fat people don't feel attractive.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 1: I have never felt attractive in my life, and that's the truth. I have never felt handsome in my life. And even these days, oh I felt that I could pull off an outfit or that I look good in this outfit or whatever. I have never felt sexually attractive or handsome ever in my entire life. Andrew made me feel that way. But I felt that way because I thought, Wow, if this guy loves me, if he's into me, if he wants to sleep with me, I must be attractive. I didn't feel attractive. I just figured I must be if he was so into me. But the gay community, I mean, we had people walk up to us in bars and look at Andrew and say you're hot. Why are you with him? Even now here on the video. I get haters down that say you should see a dentist. I see a dentist every three months. Just FYI, My teeth are cleaned every three months. I just had an implant. I get lots of dental care. But my teeth are the way they are because my tongue pushes my teeth up and the only way to fix it is major surgery where they disconnect. My jaw shortened my tongue twelve months of recovery, and I just never wanted to.
Speaker 2: Go through that.
Speaker 1: So my teeth get pushed up. And yes, I have a very French mouth, larger teeth on top, smaller teeth on the bottom. It's French, it's European. But boy do I get called ugly on TikTok every day by Maga. Every day that I post a video by Maga, I get called ugly. My teeth get attacked my list, and so I've never felt attractive in my whole life. I know you're gonna be like, what, but I never have. And even if I lost the twenty five pounds again, when I weighed one eighty five, I felt I looked good. I thought I looked good. I didn't think I looked handsome. I thought I looked good. And every fat person feels that way. Every fat person doesn't like the way they look. And the answer is not to tell them we'll just lose wait, just stop eating so much. Pass, just stop. That never work. You can't fat shame somebody into being thin. You can't shame someone out of depression. You can't shame someone out of anxiety. You can't tell them to just get over it and move on. It doesn't work, all right, So Jenna Jackson has not apologized to Kamala Harrison. Now we find out that in two thousand and four, Kamala commented on the Michael Jackson trial, although she was not involved in it. It wasn't a terrible comment. It was just about the kids and their testimony and all that. And Janet took issue with her back in two thousand and four. And so people are speculating now between Randy Jackson, her manager and brother, being a right wing conspiracy theorist and he is, and her feud with Kamala, or at least her disagreements with Kamala about what she said about Michael's trial. We now know why Janet has not apologized to Kamala. I will say this to Janet Jackson, and I like your music, but you live in fucking London. Okay, you're a multi millionaire that lives in London. Shut the fuck up when it comes to our candidates over here. If you know what, Maybe you think that life under Donald Trump is okay, it's not. Maybe you, as a millionaire, are immune to any of Trump's various issues, but we down here in the seats watching your show, we're not immune to it. Janet Jackson was the first concert I ever took Andrew to her Rhythm Nation eighteen fourteen tour. I have always liked her and thought she was the sane one of the family. Now I see that the entire family basically has brain issues. I loved Michael Jackson, met him many times, photographed him many times.
Speaker 2: I loved him.
Speaker 1: He was not right in the head. And the same thing with Janet. Obviously, she's holding a grudge for twenty years about a prosecutor commenting on a case that was in the news. You know, so, I'm sorry, Janet, I love you, but you live in London. You shouldn't be commenting on our politics over here, even though you're still an American citizen, you don't live here. And more importantly, you're in a different America. You're in an America surrounded by millionaires in a bubble. You live inside a bubble. Well, we don't have that luxury. We can't isolate ourselves from the news and from the price of groceries and the price of gas. We don't have private jets. So for you to comment on Kamala's race when you yourself have done everything to make yourself look whiter, when your brother literally turned from Michael Jackson to Taylor Swift right in front of us, maybe you should stick to singing and leave the interviews and politics to others. And if you're mad at Kamala for what she said about your brother, send her a note.
Speaker 2: I am Carrel.
Speaker 1: You'd be who you want to be, so I don't hurt your buddy. We'd be back tomorrow Thursday. I hope you have a great, wonderful Wednesday. Comment down below, like and subscribes on YouTube. And if you're a patron, I appreciate it. If you're not a patron and can afford five.
Speaker 2: Bucks, a month.
Speaker 1: Truly welcome its Patreon dot com forward side with the Carrell and with futures dot com.
Speaker 2: Go there, and hey, let's.
Speaker 1: See you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna check the chat.
Speaker 1: Room right around, podcasting from a completely different play of view yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the
Speaker 1: Corell Cast on your favorite streaming service