Speaker 1: It's night sign with Dan Ray I'm telling you pleasy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Dan Walkins, Welcome back everybody. We're talking about a subject that, frankly, I want to hear from as many of you as possible on and that is is prolo or not prolo? Is covid? Is COVID making a comeback? I was thinking about prolo therapy. No is COVID making a comeback. I've seen some I use the word vectors, meaning signs. It's just fancy word for signs. I see more people wearing masks. I see there's been an uptick in the number of new cases and the number of new deaths in the last couple of weeks. So last week there were twenty three hundred new cases in Massachusetts. That's a fraction of what it used to be, but that is a real significant increase from what it was just a couple of weeks or a few weeks ago. The highest number of deaths last week sixteen deaths. So some of the medical materials, medical journals, and it would appear that COVID is a couple of new variations are active in other parts of the country. So I'm just looking for your experience. Let me go to Bill and Norfolk. Bill, I appreciate your way through the news.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Hey, Dan, how you doing, old Latin school guy? You know, not as all of you as I always say. Yeah, I mean, COVID is not going away ever, Dane. So it's you know, it comes, it goes, it's you know, I mean, what is the point are we going to go lock up our houses again? I mean, if we learned anything, those folks who are at high risk, Yeah, we got to take care of those folks. But I tell you, I'm not changing. I always call you I'm a musician. I'm coming from my gig right now. I do about four to five gigs a week in public places, and I'm not changing. Man. You know, it's.
Speaker 2: Ask you this, okay, since you're out dealing with the public. This is just you know, your observations, Okay. I understand what we are. I hope that these numbers are an anomaly and that this little, uh, this tick up that I've seen in the last couple of weeks, because I do follow the numbers fairly closely. Uh. And I'm also influenced. I don't remember that maybe the government every September has sent out these these uh, these COVID tests. What I don't understand is why the COVID tests only last for about three or four months. Uh if you if you hold them in your in your bathroom or whatever, and and all of a sudden you think you have COVID. You go to take a test and you say and inspired a month ago. But you know why is I don't know why there's such such a short shelf life in your experience as a musician is going out to clubs on a regular basis, and congratulations with being able to do that. Have you noticed that your audience there's some more people wearing masks?
Speaker 3: Or it's not not one, not one. I mean I play a hotel in downtown boss And every Saturday night, and it's in Chinatown, and it's a different area there. Occasionally because people from all over the world are coming in there, you'll see masks, but I see no, I'm take a mass They've been masked now for the four or five years I've been playing there.
Speaker 2: What sort of an what type of an instrument do you play?
Speaker 3: If I'm curious, I'm a guitar player, and if I can just quickly just I know how quick you got to be here. Tell you my story. Last October I had to go to England and I actually played over there, so before I went, I got a COVID test and you and I we grew up during the polio times and diesel times, and I never thought twice about this stock scene. Man. You know, I had at least four or five shots. So I did it and I came back. I wasn't feeling good at a gig here and ended up at M G H E R in five days of that. Uh. Initially it was diagnosed as a heart attack. I got to the calf lab and I had five percent blockage, so I didn't have a I didn't heart attack at all. I had something called Perry carditis. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's related as the hard I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Perry cardis my carditis.
Speaker 2: Usually both of them my carditis. A lot of people suffered from that. As a matter of fact, the Red Sox pitcher Rodrigue is the left hander. He was impacted by that, and that also affects a lot of young people, and it affects the heart muscle.
Speaker 3: And guess how you get it first of all, most COVID from viruses from viruses, but you also get it from the COVID shot. Well, so I got that. I had one doctor said he was ninety five percent sure it was the COVID shot, and just based on my health, I will wait what I waited in high school, so you know what I mean. So it's and then that is I'm not getting that shot done, Dan, So you go ahead, man, if you want to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. I did get the Johnson and john Hsen and I have still had my COVID card. I just had my high dose flu shot a week and a half ago, and I think that the iris V shot might be more important for me. So That'll be probably my next shot, and then I'll see about COVID. I haven't had a COVID shot in probably over a year. Uh yeah, but when when that stuff was really kicking around. Look, I'm like you, I'm on the wrong side of fifty and you know, I was very much by the way the young state troopers who lost their jobs because they are used to including you know, you know Samantha Sila, a state trooper whose dad died on the job.
Speaker 3: Navy seals left the Navy, the most highly trained guys in the world because they wouldn't get that shot. You know, we let's not go back the way it used to be.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to, but the same, Yeah, it's the same. It's a it's a decision people should make for themselves, exactly.
Speaker 3: You know. But like the woman, the older woman who called her, Yeah, you know, be careful if you're in your eighties, mid eighties and you immuno compromise absolutely. But I'm out in the world man as you are, and I'm locked up absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mentioned my my pal Cliff Ritchie, great tennis player in the in the nineteen late sixties, seventies into the seventies, great great tennis player ranked up there with Connors and Arthur Ash and McEnroe and had great matches with those guys. He's had long COVID and I mean it has done a number on this guy. And he's he was in great shape, I mean great shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunately. You know, I had COVID twice and it was less than nothing and it was like a cold.
Speaker 2: You know, you're probably you probably.
Speaker 3: So Paxlovin worked great, Like you said, you do it early with Pax Slovin like a dance. You catch it it, it'll go away pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: All right, Bill, appreciate you. Pall continue to listen to Nightside and let us know some night when you got a gig going and and we can plug the gig and and maybe get you a few nightside people going to the to the show.
Speaker 3: Mighty Squirrel in Wallfam Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never been of the Mighty Squirrel. Mighty Squirrel in Wallfam Thursday night. If anyone is interested, Bill from Norfolk will be playing there. Okay, are you the headline there?
Speaker 3: Are you the are you the yes sir?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: It's a great brewery.
Speaker 2: It's one of these brewery, Mighty Squirrel in Waltham. All right, folks, if you're looking for a place to go on Thursday night, Bill from Norfolk will be there. He's a night side listener. Let's support him. Okay, I gotta work Thursday night. Bill, Sorry, i'd be there.
Speaker 3: Good night, good night.
Speaker 2: Six one seven, two five four ten thirty. We got one line there and one line at six one seven nine three thirty back on night. Just filled back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This Now back to Dan ray Line from the window World Light six Studios on w B Tradio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phone as we go, We're going to talk next with Lisa from Somerville. Lisa, appreciate your paces you held through the news. Go right ahead, Lisa.
Speaker 5: Oh, actually I think it's I think you want Rachel.
Speaker 2: That's me Rachel. Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes on the phone it sounds different.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are you from Somerville?
Speaker 5: I live here. Yes, I'm not rich, because.
Speaker 2: Said Lisa from Somerville. So I now I got Rachel Rachel.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes Yeah, it gives the story to sometimes over the phone. Well, I have a very different take on all of this from every from most of what I've heard tonight. First of all, PC artists are notoriously inaccurate. There are a lot of false positives and false negatives. And the guy who invented them, carried doctor Carrie Mallis, who's no longer with us, said he did not recommend them for diagnosis.
Speaker 2: And when you say, when you say PCR tests, are you're talking about the at home test? Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What is PCR? Standford, Because I've never heard it termed that way.
Speaker 5: I forget, I forget exactly right now. I could look it up, but anyway, it's I mean, that's well documented and if you're seeing, you know, people coming down with you know, flu like symptoms, it's by the way, I'm a retired nurse myself, so I really think that it's it's probably more likely to be the flu, not necessarily a new COVID variant, although that's possible too. But the other thing that I wanted to say is that the COVID vaccine has never been proven to be safe or effective and has a very high rate of vaccine injury, as we've heard from a couple of people tonight, and I have some friends who've been injured by it and really regret taking it. So I think people need to You've been lucky, Dan, and God bless you. But I think that it's you know, they removed this was an emergency use authorization. It's a very political thing, and they took away informed consent, so people don't really know what the risks are when they're signing up for that, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, fearlessly, and I don't know if I if I Rachel, excuse me, I'm sorry, Rachel. I don't know. I was listening very intently to what you have to say. I don't know if you've been on on before, but there were a lot of people who we had on the show back in the day who raised concerns and questions rightfully, so uh and and and they So we kind of aired out a lot, and I came here's where I came to. You sound to me like you're you're pretty young.
Speaker 5: I think I'm not. I'm actually I'm actually in my sixties.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I consider that young. Anyway. Trying to make is that I believe it should be up to the individual. What really bothered me was when there were people in the military who were being mustered out of the military because they had refused a shot. I had a friend of mine who did a sports talk show in Canada, and he lost his job as a sports talk go host because he refused the COVID shot. He was convinced, like you are, that there was some potential side effects. I defended, and I still defend, some state police officers, young state police officers in their late twenties, about a dozen of them who were fired by the Baker administration. Who lost their jobs because they refused to take the shot. And I felt it was up to the individual, and I came to the conclusion. And I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I did my research and I came to thenclusion that for someone like me, I'm on the wrong side of fifty. As you maybe have heard me.
Speaker 5: Say that, it was not saying that. No, I like the other guys take on it much better. You're on the right side of fifty or you're still here.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, I get it, I get it, but you know what I'm saying. So, if I were a young man in my twenties or in my early thirties, or a young young woman, I might be very much concerned about the long term implication implications are and what sort of an impact might have had on your ability to have a child if you were so inclined. So I am very supportive of your position. At the same time, I think it's up to everybody to make their own decisions. And people were critical. They said to me, well, you know you can't sue, you can't sue the companies, and well, that was negotiated. I believed during the Reagular administration and Basically, the idea was that these companies had to spend millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions of dollars on research R and D, research and development, and they weren't prepared to do it. If they were, also, they're going to be liable to massive lawsuits. So it's a complicated issue. It really.
Speaker 5: I wish I could talk to you for I wish I just get you alone and tell you the stuff that I know that I've really done a tremendous amount of research on in the last few years. But we don't have time.
Speaker 2: But I've probably seen most of the stuff because I have read a lot of the stuff that you're probably alluding to. Believe me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I want to say I agree with you one hundred percent that it should be a personal choice and there should never be in mandates like this and it's so unconstitutional. But I want to recommend a book to you that I think might really really change your perspective. And I just want to say that it's called Dissolving Illusions by Suzanne Humphries.
Speaker 3: Again, and it's all.
Speaker 2: About I have no idea who that is, so I mean, you can.
Speaker 5: Reck she's a physician. She's a physician. I believe she's from England and she you know, has been she's she's an expert on vaccines, and.
Speaker 2: They were they were physicians, that they were physicians who had real questions. I understand that they were real. But I think again, I think it's up to the individuals. It's what I'm trying to say, and I think people should be as informed as possible, and they also should be informed by what they're exposed to, meaning, you know, if they have some friend of theirs who gets real sick, that's going to influence them. If, on the other hand, they have someone who whose life is saved, I think it's an individual. That's that's where I have come down.
Speaker 6: Rachel's Yeah, I agree, because I have people who are so convinced on either side, you know, and I'm just not sworn enough to.
Speaker 2: Be able to give you a definitive statement. But I'm glad you called because I think it's important. Uh why do you think the government is sending out more test kits.
Speaker 5: I personally think the government cannot be trusted at this point, and they haven't done they have a whole other agenda, So I don't we don't have time enough to get into that, but they they have their reasons.
Speaker 2: Have you called me before, Rachel?
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe like three years ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll call more Roff and we can discuss it going forwards.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, thanks Rachel, Thanks, thank you very much, good night.
Speaker 2: Rachel got a lot of time because Rachel had a different point of view, where we're gonna go next, We're gonna go next to Alex in the brock that Alex next on Nightside, going.
Speaker 7: Ahead, they did know, are you tonight doing great?
Speaker 2: Alex? What's your take on this? Am I panicking here? Or am I? Am I doing what Paul Revere did many years ago and basically said, I suppose that the British are coming, COVID's making a comeback. I think it is.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, I think everybody wants to take the opportunity to capitalize on what could be a potential threat to the community, the environment, everything.
Speaker 3: But you take a.
Speaker 7: Look at the disease itself and you just want to treat your symptoms. You know, if you were able to treat your symptoms and you know, minimize the effects of the virus on your body, whether it's pneumonia or chronic sinus inflammation, stuff like that, things that can cause injury to the body.
Speaker 2: I think, just how would you What I'm saying is how would you treat the symptoms? Meaning and it was if you're talking.
Speaker 7: About all symptoms. Usually it's usually a cough where you would take like some kind of cough suppressant, something to clear out the lungs and stop the running nose. You know, covid, flu, it doesn't really matter. They're all in the same category. I'm a healthcare professional. I understand the complications that can occur. Whether it's covid or the flu, it doesn't matter. You just treat the symptoms and minimize the effects on your.
Speaker 2: Body as a healthcare professional. As a healthcare professional, do you get a flu shot every year or no?
Speaker 7: The last time I had a flu shot was in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so why did you stop it?
Speaker 7: I could ask, Well, actually, my friend was chasing me around the pharmacy. She wanted up her numbers of the flu shots. But it doesn't matter. Your body will take care of this self. If you're compromised, yeah, it's going to be it could be a problem, but it's no difference in the flu or the sinus infection and stuff like that. It's all the same thing. Well, the people need to stop planking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the regular flu, you know, kills a significant number of people every year, but that it was just like but it was it was a fraction. It's a fraction of the of the the flu deaths were a fraction of what COVID killed. Okay, I mean I assume you recognize that. As as a medical professional, I'm sure.
Speaker 7: There's a there's a lot of people that are just like predisposed to this this this problem, and they're they're gonna they could get very ill from it. In fact, true, Yes, if I could ask Alex, what do.
Speaker 2: You do as a medical professional? Just generally are you a doctor or a nurse or what.
Speaker 7: Or what in that category? In that category, I see it all day long.
Speaker 3: Which one all of them?
Speaker 2: Which what? You're a doctor? Okay? Fine, okay, yes, but I know that there were doctors. Look, I'm not questioning your credentials. I know that there are doctors who had that point of view. I'm just saying that how old are you? If I could ask.
Speaker 3: Fifty three?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're a young person as far as I'm concerned. I mean that seriously, And you have no pre existing conditions, so you probably are are following a good course.
Speaker 7: The general population will recover from this. There's no need to panic, you know. You just you treat your symptoms and talk to your healthcare professional and get the best advice you could possibly get how to prevent you from getting pneumonia, because that's what really is the downfall is getting the pneumonia, and in this case, it's a viral type of ammonia, and that's what causes the problem and causes all the deaths.
Speaker 2: But why why do so many people people with COVID, Why do so many of them turn into pneumonia?
Speaker 7: The same thing happens with the flu, The same thing happens with the flu.
Speaker 2: All right, but but I I took a flu shot. I took a high dose flu shot. You know as a doctor what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you over sixty five?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: All right, we get the high dose guy? All right, yes, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Recommend Let me ask you this, do you recommend your patience? Uh? Okay, Well that's good, that's great. Okay, right, well, look Alex, I appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Yes, and continue and try to prevent yourself from getting that, you know, serious infection and the lungs, that's the vital pneumonia, that's what causes the death.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm with you on that. Thanks, Thanks doctor, appreciate it. Have a great night.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we take a quick break, coming right back on Night's. I got one line and we we will probably we don't. I don't have one line now. I have one line at six one seven. We will take this to eleven o'clock, but I will switch at eleven o'clock, so if you really want to get in six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I am gratified that this many people are interested in this issue. I think it's an important issue, whatever your point of view. More than welcome. We've had a doctor uh Rachel and Alex both were I think fairly skeptical of what I'm talking about tonight. But I'm concerned. And if you are or if you're not, it doesn't matter. As they say, I don't care what you think on a certain subject. I just care that you're thinking. That's what Nightside is all about. Six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. That's the only line open right now, that's open. If you're dialing the other it just filled. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go to Georgian Bridgewater. Hey, George, welcome back to Nightside. Nice dear you boys, go ahead, George.
Speaker 8: V totally last year I had COVID day Left Island. I was thinking about I think it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, George, I'm gonna have I'm gonna have Rob get your line a little bit better to be honest with you. Okay, So just hang right there. We'll be right back to you. I promised Rob clean that lineup. I'm not sure if he's gonna sell or whatever. Really going and in Boston and you're next on Nightsager, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hi, Well, i'd much. Hi, thank you for taking my call. And yeah, well I love your show. I've listened for many, many years.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: First, no, I have called before, and yeah, so I just want to tell you my story. It's not about COVID. But back in nineteen ninety nine, I was living in New York City and I have no idea how it happened. But somehow I got very sick and I found out through my doctor that I got hepatitis B and it's very very sick. I don't do drugs. I actually against even POD. I'm not a person. I've never was around, sleeping around or anything. I've no idea how I got it. Yeah, but that's apparently how you get it, and I don't know. So anyways, I came home and there's nothing you can do. And I looked it up and it said ninety nine percent of the people who get it recover. And so I went home, I rested, I ate well, and I got better and yes, and then the vaccine came out and I said, hey, you know, I got that, but I actually have the antibodies now, so I'll never get that again. And it actually made my immune system stronger. And you know, a lot of people out there with this COVID, I think that, you know, if you want to get the vaccine or you know, I wasn't against the vaccine. Everybody has a choice. It's what this country is made of.
Speaker 7: Freedom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody didn't have a choice. There were a lot of people who who who lost their jobs, particularly people military and police, officers, which I thought was crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I actually walked away from my job. I actually not entirely. We closed down after the closed down. We shut down and it didn't hurt me a lot. However, I walked away from Boston because at that time, the passport UH was going on where if you weren't vaccinated, you couldn't even go into a restaurant. And I thought that was just bizarre that that would happen in the United States. And I just I really hope that it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 2: And I don't think we're at that point. I don't think we're at that point. I'm not suggesting we are, but I am suggesting that I see some signs I use the word vectors, that that are pointing towards maybe an uptake is coming at us. That's all I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I suggest that you know elderberry syrup, you make it homemade, and it's wonderful, and you know, there's a lot of ways too. I mean, it is winter and when you know.
Speaker 2: When do you make elderberry syrup? I've heard the name, but I have no idea how you would make that. What do you make?
Speaker 4: It's pretty easy it's you get buy some dry elderberry seeds, and I would suggest looking it up. I follow the recipe on wellness Mama.
Speaker 8: I like.
Speaker 4: Honey at cinnamon and nutmeg, and I think garlic, and that's about it. And it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: There's no whiskey in there.
Speaker 7: Any whiskey in there in my theology of that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they did that in the old days.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Lee, and thank you, thank you for that piece of advice. That's very helpful. Possibly, okay, thank you much, welcome you. So let me get let's see if George's line has got cleaned up. George, go right ahead. Hope your line is cleaned up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's cleaned up. I took it off Wi Fi, put her on data T mobile taught me that so much better.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I did get COVID the day you left for Ireland. That was I think the seventeenth or something. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: That's a year ago, year ago, this year right now. I was in Ireland a year ago, you're absolutely.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, And I took FLA plaque's lovered and I just felt like I had the sniffles. So it was excellent drug. But the reason why I called is the VA told me last year they I always get the flu shot because I had the pandemic flu of nineteen sixty eight, sixty nine, skip seventy and came back in seventy one. I was on my back for thirty days, so I always get the flu shot. But the VA told me, the VA told me this, damn and their doctor is not nurses. I'm married to a nurse and she thinks she's a doctor.
Speaker 2: Nurse is often better than doctors. But we'll let we'll let that go for another night.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, we'll, we'll, we'll, we'll go by that. But what the nurse told me at the VA is, look, you're probably gonna have to get the covid shot every year, every single year, just like you get the flu shot. You'll come in put a flu shot like you do on because I go to the VIA almost every month.
Speaker 2: So I thought they were going to have I thought they were going to have combined flu and regular flu and then a COVID shot like a one one injection shot. And someone told me that they have not quite been able to manufacture that or master the manufacturer of that yet.
Speaker 8: So it's yeah, you're yeah, you you stole my thunder. I think they're working on it, but uh, you know, I'm sure in the future we're probably going to you like to get the flu shot every year I do what's probably one day going to be combined. I'm sure Fizer and the rest of them are working on it. But that's what the VA and the nurse told me that she's I said, where do you get that information from? She says, I talked to several doctors and it looks like he's going to be needing the COVID shot year after year. I don't know if you know it, but there's two new variances out that are very contagious this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is called it? I think it's called KP one K two and KP's yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you keep up on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to keep up on this.
Speaker 2: It's my job, George, I know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right. I just wanted to give out that in me.
Speaker 2: Do be your favor when next time you call, keep it right here, get off the Wi Fi and whatever. This this was a really good connection and a good call. Thank you much.
Speaker 3: Oh great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, George. Let me get Elizabeth from Tennessee. In here real quickly before the break. Elizabeth, I know you've never called from Tennessee. How are you tonight?
Speaker 9: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 10: I second to Elderberry because it does really work even if you have the common cold symptoms. I don't make it myself, but I get the organic from the supermarket or the pharmacy and it works just as well.
Speaker 2: Where about Tennessee are you calling from.
Speaker 10: I'm in Knoxville.
Speaker 2: Really, that's the.
Speaker 10: Home of Bostonian. I'm a Bostonian. I listened to this program religiously, but I'm on I work in Knoxville, but I'm from Boston. Grew up in Boston all my life in Dorchester.
Speaker 2: What brought you in Dochester? What brought you to Knoxville.
Speaker 10: Well, I, like I said, it was work the University of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'll tell you. I have a friend of mine who I made a friend with this summer, who teaches in the journalism department at the University of Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm in agriculture and this university is huge. But like I said, listen, they mandated vaccines at the university. But I don't take vaccines because let me tell you from the time I was a kid, I went to school in Lincoln, Massachusetts, and when they gave us a German measles shot, I got the German measles. When they gave us a regular measle shot, I got the measles. So I mean, it just went against my body because you know, when they inject you, they're injecting you with the flu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because that is what creates the indo body.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, let me tell you something. Everybody that gets the flu shot now they get sick with the flu, and you know what, it's a different strain of the flu. So ever year they come up with a different strain. It doesn't make any sense to me. I think that your body has a natural way of fighting off things. And like the other gentleman said, listen, fresh ear, sunshine, take your herbs, fight that air nose throat. That's how the virus enters your body through your ear nose and throat. When I feel symptomatic, I put my face over a pot of water and I steam and the symptoms disappear.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you advice.
Speaker 10: I've been exposed to COVID over and over, but I've never had it because I deal with the symptoms. Like you said, deal with your symptoms and you eliminate it out of your body. So I'm glad that people are calling giving this advice which is non medical, because you don't need the drugs. You don't need the drugs.
Speaker 2: Well, I love you. This obviously is your first time calling, because I've never heard from before. A big one of a clause of Elizabeth. If you run into Professor brooks Clark, Okay, I'm going.
Speaker 10: To look him up in the system tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Brooks Clark right, he had been worked as a sports writer for UH Sports Illustrated and now he's team at the University of Tennessee. And I met him this summer. I had some great conversations with him about journalism. UH and he's uh, he's he's from a New England family, but he's he's teaching has taken him into the brooks Clark c l A r K.
Speaker 10: I will look him up and tell him.
Speaker 2: You will listen into the show. Are you listening on the radio on the internet?
Speaker 10: I am on the I am on the internet.
Speaker 2: And let me ask you, how did you find this.
Speaker 10: Excellent nobody? I listened to this. I listened to this radio station all the time because I need to keep up with what's going on in Boston.
Speaker 2: In your hometown. Well, Elizabeth, come on back as often as you. I really do appreciate it. I have a I have a good friend of mine who's a state senator, uh in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's not in Knoxville. He's kind of, I think, on the other end of the.
Speaker 10: Probably in Nashville. A lot of them are in Nashville.
Speaker 2: He's in Chattanooga.
Speaker 10: Outside of he's in Chattanooga. Okay, all right, is that close to you three hours three hour drive?
Speaker 2: Well, of course down in Tennessee. That's right. His name is Todd Gardner, So I do have some connections in Tennessee. Love to hear from folks from different different folks around the country. I'm looking forward to your second call.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Elizabeth. That's a great call. Professor Brooks Clark look him up. Thanks. Journalists, Yes, all right, gonna come right back. I got Brenda and Winchester, I got Betty in the boat. I got Paul and Pa and Ed and Merrimack. I'm going to try to get everybody in and then we are I think, well, unless we're going to keep going on that. We could do three hours in this if you want, okay, and we can hold off on the Trump assassin and what came out in court today. We'll figure it out. We'll figure it out because we're a family here on Nightside. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're rollings and let's go to Brenda in Winchester. Hi, Brenda, how are you?
Speaker 11: I'm good, dear, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? We got packed lines here. Brenda, going to try to tay a couple more right ahead.
Speaker 11: Well, I stopped taking the flu shot and the COVID shot last year because every year I was definitely ill every single year. And then when I went to my physical my doctor told me do not get the COVID shot. And I said why and she said, just I'm doing some research on what's in it, and she said, do not take it unless I tell you to. So I didn't take it last year and I didn't get sick. I didn't get the flu. I've had the flu for six years. I did not get the flu. I had no problem. But the flu. The COVID shot gave me really bad problems with my ears in dizziness awful, awful, I'd wake up and I have no control that dizzeyness is so bad. So right, Oh, yes, yeah, and you know she said do not. She said, I've had more people come in and tell me the same thing. They never had any problem with dizziness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think again, it's I think it's everybody has to make their own decisions.
Speaker 11: I wear my mask after I'd want to stop wearing my mask down at the drinks because there's a lot of people around, and so it's the season to do. And if I wear that constantly, I just I didn't get sick at all, and I almost died two years ago, and I have one of my lungs has been affected and so yeah, and I you know, I don't and I've got a terrible cough and I can't get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you continue to get stay healthy is what I want you.
Speaker 11: I am gonna stay healthy, believe me, I am. But I mean it's it's okay if somebody else does it, and you know, we're all free to. But I decided when she said no flush, no, uh, COVID shot, I said, well, I'm not going to take the flu shot. I want to find out what's going to happen. And I have not got sick once.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Okay, thanks, all right, Thanks Brenda, talk soon.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, take care, talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me see I just get We're going to have to take this into the next hour. Okay, So for those of you who don't get on, I will take it into the next hour. Trust me, ed and merrimack ed. You've been on the longest. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hi, nice to talk to you again. Dan. I haven't talked to you in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm back, more off and go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh, if I listened to you, you piqued my interest. I won't get myself in trouble because I don't tell anyone what to do. But I'm seven and I have an environmental illness from exposure to chemicals in the school that happened to me many years ago in Florida. So I'm an asthmatic and I have to unfortunately take medications, but i'd stay pretty well. But my observation is this, especially in Massachusetts. If you take a car ride to Connecticut or New Hampshire, they at least offer a lot more places to go and use the facilities and wash your hands. In Massachusetts, some of the places that you travel to, there's no place to really get clean. And just because I had been a nurse a long time ago, I kind of watch and see what people do, and I'd say a lot of people are not washing their hands. They touch the dirty faucets after they think they wash their hands, and you know, sometimes that stuff. It's a simple thing, you know, And most people have a cell phone. I wonder how often people will wipe their cell phone with its obviously, and even you're steering, even your steering wheel, or when you come home from the grocery store, you know, wash your hands because you've been out with everybody in the world. But the one thing I would say, I would say this, I have not had COVID. I went to my vacation home during the height of the pandemic and I stayed there by myself, which most people can't do. So I'm not telling people.
Speaker 3: What to do.
Speaker 9: I did it for myself because if I got sick, my doctor told me I could die. Before the pandemic hit. I even though I get the flu shot every year, one year I got influenza A and I was deathly sick, and then my housemate got it because the air and the house recirculates. But I would say this, if you've ever gone to an emergency room and you've had to sit there for six to eight hours, and the whole society was dealing with this, The whole world was dealing with this. I think the emphasis on getting the show was they were hoping that it was the best thing for most people. And when you talk about people in public life who provide services, if they're coming to you to help you, you don't want them to bring the COVID to you. So in some way I think as a as a general societal thing, I think there was that kind of emphasis.
Speaker 2: I think they would look over what they called at the time herd immunity.
Speaker 9: Or like yeah, or like how do we how do we take care of everybody? What if nobody got the shots and everybody got definitely sick and docking.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 2: The eleven but rob is in my ear. I got to get out of the way.
Speaker 3: For the nice to talk. Everybody, wash, wash your hand, call.
Speaker 2: That's what your mother told you. Call more often. Okay, I thank you. I'd write calls tonight. Thanks. Thanks ed Uh. If you're here, Betty on the boat, Joe and Boston Paul in Pennsylvania were sticking with you. We'll stick with the topic. If we have to, We'll take it all the way to midnight, coming back on nightside