Speaker 1: Morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is a nine forty five bright on the nose, and it's time now for our community connection. We have Mary Lynn min with these year and she is with Okay Music. Tell me something sweet, I mean bad sugar Plum Shop, I guess is what we're talking about, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, good morning Tom.
Speaker 1: How are you doing wonderfully? Thank you very much, well but always well in your world. But I know that you got a lot of things happen.
Speaker 2: We are. We are getting ready for our Valentine's Day special open house at the sugar Plum Shop. For those who don't know. Of course, Okay in Music, also known as ok Mozart, has been around. We're in our forty first season, if you can believe that. And as a way to get supplemental income to our youth programming, we have a very sweet little sugar Plum Shop. And while the name would indicate that it might be all candy, it is definitely not. We have so many gift items, but we thought it would be fun to have a nice Valentine Valentine's Day open house next Thursday and Friday, So February thirteenth and fourteenth on Thursday, will be open from nine to six, so those people who are doing their lasting at Valentine shopping can stop by, or if you just want to have a nice day out, come by and see us. We'll be open from nine to six. On Friday, will be open from nine to five, and we're going to have some drawing, some prizes, wonderful sweet treats prepared by Melody's Cuisine, so we know those are going to be fantastic, maybe some bubbly chocolates and so much more. So we hope people will come out and see us. If you've been to the store, please come back if you have it, it'll be fun for you to get to see it for the first time. We're getting a lot of good feedback about the store and we hope that the community will really enjoy it. And then we also tom have so many things that you can shop for if you haven't already done so for your Valentine.
Speaker 1: Now I'm seeing here that we've got everything from chocolates, jewelry, and a whole bunch more. Wow we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have really fun little glory chocolates. That way is really cute heart boxes that are made out of chocolate and they have truckles in them. We have other chocolate candies. We have Vinchy chocolate. We have some fun whimsical Valentine them jewelry. We have the those boxes, which are little porcelain boxes made in France that are also adorned with very sweet little Valentine paintings on them. They're really They're really cool. We have those flowers so you don't worry about them dying. We have Sinse Toulis. We have some really fun kind of gummy bears or gummy candies, but they're Margarita flavors process so Bela words. So if you if you want to have a little Cosmopolitan without the alcohol, those are kind of fun. We have little coin purses. We have other bigger purses that are Valentine them also ones that are not Valentine. Theams, but we have Valentine's team headbands, can a little fat products. We have some really fun heart art. I love it.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 2: We have paper products, so if you're throwing a little party and you want to have some really sweet little Valentine theme paper products. We have uh tea for like hot tea. We have serving suices, huzzles, broads of course Dave mackenzie Child, which if you're not familiar without Tom, it's a brand of home decor, and the tinware, and we have some really fun sweet peices that are very Valentine soons. We have some really fun new little dryer balls of all things. Like you think, well, maybe that's not very fun, but actually they're really popular right now. And these little balls go in and replace the dryer sheets, the little tire sheet and you can put a central oil on them if you want, they just postpone it, or you can put them about them and we have a lot of really fun soon little drier balls. We also have if you're done with if you're done with Valentine, we have so much the core and Easter the course if you're starting to get ready for all of that, with decorative pillows and floral decor, hummingbird theaters, more mckendee child, paper mache ed stuff, animals. I mean, what Easter wouldn't be complete without the little stuff sunning or the stuff check. We have more candles, little bunnies and edge shapes, more than those boxes religious art. I think we have something for everyone. And then of course we have our stuff that's not seasonal that we have all year round. We have some fun music related beamed piss books. We have musical ornaments, We have other dishware. We have some really fun umbrellas. They look like a bottle of wine, but they're actually an umbrella in all different sort of designs. We have other art. We can come a little bit of everything and it's really fun and all posted go to our children's programming for Okay and music. And we are hearing up for our forty first festival, which will be made three the eight So of course we want to raise as much money as the m so good way for folks to come out, have a suit sheet on us, a glass of Bubbly or maybe some juice appor not in the bubbly and just say hello, enjoy some shopping, get your left one a fun gift and help support the Alico theme home.
Speaker 1: And folks are not familiar with the Okay, I'm office and also the sugar Plum Shop. Where are you physically? What's your physical address?
Speaker 2: We are located if you know we're Wheezy Those We're down the street in between Wheezy's and the Price Tower on the opposite side of the street. Right next door to RSU, but the actual address is four fifteen South Dewey, Sweet one hundred and there's a black lining on the outside and it says Okamo's Art and then you just come on in the door and we're the first door on the left in Sweet one hundred. Our hours are regular hour is our Monday through Friday nine to five, and then if you need to call us, please do so. Our number is nine one eight three three six nine to nine Delo Zulo. And then folks can also check out what inventory and what items we have at our shop OKM dot square dot site, so they can actually go on our square shop and see what we have online. And we actually sell items online. So if you have a girlfriend or somebody that you want to share these items with and you can say, oh my gosh, I know you were looking for this victims, he tells chief and Okay and Music has it at the Sugar Pong shop. They can go online order it and we'll more see them. So again that's shop OKAYM dot Square dot site. So we try to make it as easy as possible for our patrons and customers to come in and shop.
Speaker 1: We're speaking with Marylynnemim and she is with Okay and music. Now another thing coming up is intern program and we get to visit a lot with your interns each and every year and many times during the course of the year. And I want to tell you you're turning out some pretty darn good kids.
Speaker 2: We're pretty proud of them, you know, and I think it's important. You know, I am very lucky and fortunate to have gone to Saint John's School myself as well as my daughter. And one of the things they focus on is public speaking. But I know a lot of kids don't have that opportunity and experience, and I think that that is something that really helps development overall skills. And I think it's important for are used to be introduced to to experience. And so I try to bring the interns with me or I send them by themselves, which is probably even more silly to do radio interviews them to go, you know, present at different clubs like literally as an example, and so, you know, I think it's something that you know, public speaking is an important skill. It's a very youthful still. And yeah, we're very very proud of Na who has I think been on those recently and of course yourself, and they are both coming back. We're also having Monolin who is coming back. But currently we still have some spots left for our internship programs and it basically focuses on the high school seniors. We try to get eighteen and older, and then our main focus is on college students. But you know, certainly and I'm happy to interview a student who maybe is going into those senior year. We have made exceptions because we have amazing kids and buddlefolk who are interested. And you don't have to be a music major to do this. You could be interested in business, to be interested in development, you could be interested in technology. There are a lot of different aspects retailed because we have our little stops, there are a lot of different aspects of those cam that a young person can learn a skill set or learned the behind the scenes. So if you're interested, basically it's for interning for our OPM Music Festival, which is an annual accestival that we have every year. It's a multi genre heavy and it's this song Possible. It's held in June, the main stage part and then the children's part is held in May and June, so they've been May thirtieth through June eighth that will be here in Bottlesfill and we have a lot of different musicians that will be performing showcase event, main stage events, children certainly events and showcase a lot of which for the children's part is as office as the public. And these in terms will come in and they'll come in about a week early and stay a couple of days after the last date and help us put this on and get ready for it and get to develop all kinds of skills from maybe helping with marketing, helping with social media, helping run the children's programming, helping sell titus. I mean, there's just there's endless to possib abilities of the skill sets that they get to learn. So if we have someone that is a high school getting ready to be a senior next year, or that is already a senior, maybe you're graduating through college. Our internship can be found at okay in music dot org forward slash Internships, or you can just sit at okay a music dot org and there's a drop down menus that you'll see for internships. Those applications are due April first. It is a paid position, So for the approximate teams that you'll be here. You will get paid for that. And so if your interests you will come by see us call, check out the website, fill out the application. You can again come before sixteen self d through one hundreds and ask for me Maryland, or you can call us at nine one eight three six nine nine zero zero if you have questions, or again just go on to the website. Okay and music dot org forward slash interns and fill that out and get it back to us by fathful.
Speaker 1: First. Wow, we that's a lot going on. And I'll tell you that each and every one of the interns that we've spoken with, they said that they were exposed to a lot of really cool experiences that you're not really going to find in school. You're going to hear about them. But this is so very hands on and so varied and so wide. But the experience at this level is just priceless in their eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really special in the sense that we try to when they felt their application, we have them the areas that they have interest in, the areas that they have experience and from box office, which would be ticket sales and software, social media creating campaigns, learning how to do the production of the social media campaigns, learning about online analytics, and then we go into marketing, which is graphic design, in person sales, event production, which could be a lighting down behind the scenes, running errands for artists, helping pick artists up from airport, that kind of thing, to booking in hotel rooms and whatnot, which pretty much we reready done. But that is something that we just all help with because they are my full time interns throughout the year, and then our course helping with our children's programming. So I mean, I think it's an opportunity for them to get to learn about something if they think they want to go into an industry, or they're interested in something that they're just not quite sure or kind of like myself when I go to the bar conference, I typically pick out courses that I don't know anything about because I want to learn about something new. So maybe they just want to learn about something new, is to it. The other thing that's really fun is that I think you could make lifelong friendships and you get to meet other students, maybe some Puddle school, but they may be from Gecial. We've had ou we've had texts represented that on sending University of Arizona, we could piss them all over, and so I it's a fun way to get to meet other students and hang out for that couple of weeks. But then the really cool part I think that especially like it yourself would really appreciate is getting to be behind the scenes and get to meet these artists in person, into their stories and learn their life experience and make those contacts and connections. Because if it is an industry that you're interested in going into, whether it's nonprofit or music, I mean, what better way then to get to be part of it but to meet the actful artists who are performing for us. So I think it's a really neat opportunity. We put you to work. We don't toddle you. I mean, you become part of the team and you are expected to put your weight. So I think that's also something that may be different than sometimes when the intern we actually we've got us to it right in the middle of what we're doing, and at that point it is a very crazy time. It is very busy, but we love our interns. We couldn't do it without our interns, and so we are very grateful for them. And you know, we have interns we turn every year, so I think that says something about the program. And again we love just selling and as a lead, an incredible difference for us. And we are excited to have them back, excited to have Madeline.
Speaker 1: And can't wait to meet the new and very good ladies and gentlemen. Mary Lynn Mim If you have any questions, just go to the website okmusic dot org. It's very easy to navigate. Got the phone number on there and everything else. Mary Lynn, thank you very much for being with us today.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tom. If you don't get to come over, I will send one of our our interns over with a sweet treat for you next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much, appreciate it. As always, folks, once again you've been listening to our community connection right here on K one