Speaker 1: Imagine the place where you can escape for a day, get immersed in a world of rooms, inspiration, and expertise, where you can lay some luxury, accommodation and kids cam fees from ninety five sets. Tickets are free to everyone and include all the attractions you've just imagined a day out at the Kia Tikia the Wonderful every Day.
Speaker 2: High alogized. Hello, it's your weird uncle Ali Ward and I got a bunch of robot facts in the cargo shorts pockets, so get ready to load up. So this episode is kind of a weird one for a few reasons, all of them amazing reasons. Number one, it was recorded in a car, my car, So this all just and I had never before been in the same room, but we have mutual buddies Hi Scott, Hey, Adam Savage, and I was so excited to meet her. I always kind of had like a little bit of a fangirl crush. So we had dinner. We met up for dinner at this clattery vegan restaurant, which was great, but it was not conducive to recording, and she had an early call time the next morning, and so I gave her a ride back to her hotel. Well, we fired up the old zoom recorder and made a goddamn episode out of it, So there's that. Also, there are no ologite questions because it was last minute and again recorded in a car while I was driving her hotel was like three miles away. I drove very slow and poorly. Don't ever do that, by the way. Also, don't ever go bowling and then accidentally fall asleep in the socks that you bowled in. I did that too a few nights ago, and both are dangerous. One thing you can do if you like this podcast is rate and subscribe and or leave a review on iTunes. I know I mentioned this every week, but they really help keep ologies up in the science charts, and they help other people go, well, heck, dang, what's this and listen? So it helps so much it costs you nothing. It takes a second. Also, Ologies is made by a staff of two human beings, myself as one of them, so it makes my personal day to hear that y'all like it. It really helps keep us going. And this week this review, I was just like a hug made of words, someone calling themselves coca. I'm not gonna ask questions said. So many of the podcasts I listened to reflect a kind of bleak worldview, crime, mysteries, the news, and this podcast reminds me of how it felt to be a curious little kid perusing encyclopedias and digging around sandboxes for dinosaurs. There's so many amazing things on our planet, and surprise, there are also really cool people out there who will answer the questions that your cynical adult brain thought were dumb. So thank you Ali for reminding me that the world may be terrifying, but it's also fascinating and beautiful. And then a little heart emoji. I really like that. Thank you for that review so much. Okay, back to gismology. Is that a real word?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Shit, it is, my friend, I looked it up and it is so Linguist are very angrily mystified by its etymology. But a gizmo means a gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or recall, And a gadget is a small mechanical or electronic device, usually an ingenious or novel one. So who better to be a gismologist subject than someone who makes shitty robots for a living, And those are her words, not mine. A native of Sweden, she started tinkering with electronic mechanisms and making videos and now she has like nine hundred plus thousand million subscribers. She has almost a million subscribers on YouTube, and she's one of the few science communicators who swears as much as me. And I appreciate that she's made robots this slapper face until she wakes up. One's the brush her teeth, a robot that fed her soup, that apply lipstick to her face. And she flew down to La to shoot a video with Ret and link about hammering machine. And we met up in my car to talk about her creative process, the Gateway gadgets to robot Town. She gives some helpful resources for anyone wanting to start building robots. We talk about what's up with her accent, science fiction secrets, how many spare parts does she have lying around, and why she drives a piece of cheese. So prepare your droid hearts to be warmed by the rye wisdom of America's favorite Swedish gismologist, whose name you're about to learn how to pronounce simone yetsch okay.
Speaker 3: It said, do not enter the wrong way. Oh that was Oh yeah, that's that.
Speaker 2: I'm like part of my podcast is I like to get head on collisions in every episode, both in conversation and in vehicles. Okay, I'll try to ask you. I'm gonna try to ask you the most like distilled questions. HM. Also, I think it's not illegal. I think it's illegal to hold a phone, but it's not illegal to hold a burrita or a microphone when you're driving. So I think we have that going for us.
Speaker 3: Is it illegal to eat a burrita? It's just legal to hold it. It's legal to eat it.
Speaker 2: I think you can ingest your phone, but you as long as you're not Yeah, as you're eating it, You're like it's a different animal either way. Okay, so let's talk a little bit about robots. I'll ask you the most distilled version because we're going to see if we can record a whole episode while we drive you to your hotel. Yeah, okay, So tell me when you first decided that you were into building robots.
Speaker 3: It wasn't so much decision as something that just happened, but it was just like this feeling. I always had a lot of ideas of things I wanted to do, and I was always looking for somebody who could execute them. And then I was like, well, wait, why shouldn't I just teach myself how to do it? So I remembered like the first time that I realized, like I think this is it was the first time where I blinked an Arduino board. So it's just a little like computer and you the first sketchy upload is for it to blink one of its little on board LEDs, and it was like love at first blink really yeah, because I lost it and I was like, I mean, in some way, I feel like it's a really bad thing because I was like I control you, like I told you to do this thing and you did it, and it was just like such a Russia power. And I've been high on it ever since.
Speaker 2: Wait, what is it called an abuela board?
Speaker 3: It doesn't rduino? Okay, abuela. What's abuila?
Speaker 2: I think it means grandmother in Spanish.
Speaker 3: Yes, I programmed this grandmother and she blinked.
Speaker 4: Dark.
Speaker 3: No, it's an Arduino board and it's like one. It's a tiny kind of stupid computer, but it's really easy to have it talk to hardware so you can like wire a little motors to it, and wire a little LEDs to it or little sensors.
Speaker 2: By the way, I looked up what an Arduino board was, and it's like a toast sized piece of circuit board with some microchips and some plugins. So just picture that if you're like, I don't know what an urduenoboard is. That's what one looks like. They're cute. I Google image searched Abuela and a bunch of pictures of Grandma's came up. One of them wasn't wearing a top. That site was in Spanish. I don't know the context, but she looked like she was having fun. And then where do you go for all of your knowledge because obviously, like it's evolved quite a bit and you're making all kinds of shit, where do you go to find out how to get better at it?
Speaker 3: I mean, now it's in the beginning. When I was learning about hardware, it was I mean, there's a lot of good online resources. I use spark Fun and Aida Fruit, which are both like hardware retailers, but they had really good tutorials on how to do stuff.
Speaker 2: So who okay, sparkfun, dot com and adafruit adafruit dot com who are not paying us to mention them, sadly. So I went on their sites and they have a ton of great resources for building robots, including this one tutorial that involved a guy making an electronic steel drum machine out of a plastic salad spinner or some shit Live your dreams.
Speaker 3: So I was self taught in it, and just finding really good places like that helped because there's so much. I mean, like, I come from kind of the hobbyist side of it, and I started learning as a hobbyist. But then there's also resources that's like for proper engineers, and you're in there and it feels like you're like, I want to go for a swim in the kiddie pool, and then you're like in the deepest trenches of the ocean trying to swift through information. But now, my my problems are so specific that there's not really anyone to ask, Like, I'm like, ha, what's the best way to attach tofu to a big plastic animal.
Speaker 2: For more on this, see her video entitled quote I hunted a robot and ate it.
Speaker 3: It's like covered in food. My plan is to get some sort of Deeger and then just like patching on tofu to it.
Speaker 2: Do people come to you with robotics questions? Yeah, and do you typically know the answers or do you think that it's important for them to try to discover the answers themselves like you did.
Speaker 3: I think it's if people ask very specific questions like hey, how did you solve this problem? Or like where is this part from? I'm happy to answer, but often people are like, Hi, I want to build this thing? How do I do it? And I'm like, you get a narrow it down a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, I figured out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, people ask a lot of stuff, and it's like, this weird. It's such a weird thing for me to sometimes be treated as an authority in roboticism or gismology. I just learned that it's called because I'm just like this happy hobbyist who's on top of that known for building useless things and things that don't work. And people ask actually like asking me for advice or like journalists asking me for like what's your take on artificial intelligence?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, what is your take on artificial intelligence?
Speaker 3: My take on artificial intelligence is I don't know. I mean I'm really intrigued about it or treated of it.
Speaker 2: Do people ask you about Sofia a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, people says, sent it to me.
Speaker 2: In case you're like, which bitch. Sophia is a social humanoid looking robot made by Hanson Robotics, and she's been in the news recently saying creepy things with her mechanical mouthful. And that feeling of kind of like nauseated unease you might get isn't just because Sophia is the first non human to be given a United Nations title, something most of us will never get to impress our parents with, but also because of an effect Coint way back in the nineteen seventy is called uncanny Valley. That's the name for the eeriness or revulsion you feel the closer a robot tends to look or act like a person. The closer it is to us, we're like, nope, nope, nope, nope, don't like so Sophia is able to display more than fifty two facial expressions, which is more than most people on Bravo but equally terrifying. So chances are you've seen this blinking kind of Westworldian prototype. She has what I like to think of as a mechanical mullet. She's party upfront. She's a human face modeled to look like Audrey Hepburn if Audrey Hepburn were made of wax and had been left in the sun. But she's all business. In the back, she has this clear skull that exposes these churning gears and computer chips that analyze your speech and respond casually. Anyway, humans are talking about her, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I feel like Sophia is like a pr scoop right in some way. I don't. I don't. I don't really buy into it. It's more like a fun thing because it's the first time.
Speaker 2: And it worked. Look, we're talking about her. Yeah it worked.
Speaker 3: We were having a conversation and you're listening. I know I was talking about Sophia, and if you haven't heard about her, you might google it and you'll be like wow, or be like, uh.
Speaker 2: What's the what's your process when you are coming up with a robot? Do you start assembling like the arms and legs of it that will do the stuff, or do you start from the brains?
Speaker 3: I mean, my robots are so dumb. They're more muscle than brains, which is like talking about AI. It's a little bit outside of it because I'm I mean, I'm more I'm programming motors. That's literally all I'm doing. I have never built a robot, or like a shitty robot for my YouTube channel that has a sensor in it.
Speaker 2: In a Wired article, there was an mi T roboticist Kate Darling interviewed, and she said there's no good universal definition, but her definition of a robot would probably be a physical machine, sure, that's usually programmable by a computer, Okay, that can execute tasks autonomously by itself, she says, So the paradigm is sense think an act. Webster's Dictionary gives fewer fucks and says, a real or imaginary machine controlled by a computer that can do the work of a person. So real or imaginary. So picture a robot, Boom, you just built a robot. It's imaginary. He built it, Okay, back to simones, so called shitty robots.
Speaker 3: So they basically have no data input and they're just like executing. So it's definitely not brains, more looks and muscles. Just like me, I only build that robots in my own image. But I mean I usually start with a problem that I want to solve and then I go from there.
Speaker 2: My fuel light just went on, But oh really, yes, are.
Speaker 3: We going to be good?
Speaker 2: You're more fine. It's a Prius, like I can go another sixty miles. I just didn't want you to be alarmed.
Speaker 3: For this episode. It's not a crash. It's not running out das.
Speaker 2: Like you will. You will be pushing the Prius, but it weighs about forty pounds, so you're fine.
Speaker 3: If you ride with me in my car, you're probably gonna have to push it too.
Speaker 2: I love your car so much. Simone recently acquired and made a video about her tiny electric commuter car from the early nineteen eighties, and it's shaped like a wedge and she named it Cheese Louise anyway, So you make it in your own image, clearly really terrible. The very West Coast arms legs execution. So tell me, when you start sketching out or when you start making something, what's the most exciting part of the process.
Speaker 3: I'm the most exciting part of the pros is I mean, I think it's there's multiple steps that I mean, it's changes. The process is different for every machine, and it really changes with some of them. It's just like getting this idea and I think it's like I really love the idea of it, but I think I do. I like designing it, so figuring out how to make and move the way I want to and start specking out parts and stuff like that. It's just like little brain like teasers or like little brain games are playing. And especially as somebody who doesn't have a mechanical or like an engineering background, it's always just this, like, I don't know, it's really fun little problem solve this. It's like you're solving these little puzzles. And then my second most favorite part is assembling it, which can also be the worst part because that's when you realize that you've thought about everything wrong and that you just bought a lot of parts that are you not going to be able to use, Like with a hammering robot that I just built. I just scrapped the entire design the night before I needed it.
Speaker 2: Do you return the parts or do you just keep them hoping you'll need them again?
Speaker 3: No, I in reluctant. I kind of keep them. I'm a little bit of a parts order because it's always you never know when you're gonna need a linear ractuator with five hundred and sixty pounds of thrust.
Speaker 2: I needed one of those recently, but I settled on a melon.
Speaker 3: A melon, I just know one who I don't.
Speaker 2: Even know what that does, but I'm just as substituting nouns. Yeah, so you keep them? Do you run out of space? And do you ever total up the costs at the end of the year and you're like, oh my god, I spent so much money at the hardware store.
Speaker 3: I do keep them. I live in a teeny tiny house and there's a lot of It's like a robot graveyard in some way because I try to not throw them away or like steal parts from them. But yeah, I'm kind of running out of space a little bit. I need to get a workshop, but I do not think about it. I mean, the thing is like, to me, the most expense is buying parts in some way.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: That was almost a crash.
Speaker 2: I know, you almost started to go.
Speaker 3: They were was like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: They didn't put on an indicator and they started to merch into me.
Speaker 3: They legitimately did a very weird thing.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. How right for holl So do you take apart any of the robots and reuse them, or no.
Speaker 3: I do if I'm in a strap or if I'm like very is that an expression?
Speaker 2: No, you're in a you're in a bind.
Speaker 3: You're in a bind, right, or you're strapped for cash you're a strap.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're in a strap.
Speaker 3: Kind of makes sense between strapped for cash and fine, it could work.
Speaker 2: It sounds more like an athletic garment. I'm like strap.
Speaker 3: It sounds like some very advanced sexual stuff. When I'm in a bind, sometimes I steal parts from other machines. The Superwowed that I made has been completely gutted. I was stolen pretty much every part because it's just had so many parts and I was in a rush and excited.
Speaker 2: Do you name the robots?
Speaker 3: Not not like human names, but I mean it's like the superbout, the wake up machine, the popcorn helmet, the tooth thrush.
Speaker 2: They're very descriptive, so they're what they do, they're their function. Yes, it's kind of like it, but.
Speaker 3: That's also how I name people.
Speaker 2: The male man you counted all of anyone in a servant world.
Speaker 5: The creepy guy at the corner click aside, the very word robot comes from a check word robota. I love this so much, and it means forced labor, drudgery, or servitude. So a robot means a servant essentially, which means like where we gotta help Sophia.
Speaker 2: We gotta free Sophia from her forced drudgery. She's like, I don't want to be doing these press interviews. I want to be home, eating soup and farting like a person.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Three questions, three more questions as we as I circle the block before I.
Speaker 3: Drop you off, are you making them up as you go?
Speaker 2: No? I know what they're gonna be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So what do you have a favorite or least favorite movie that involves robots or machines that's either really highly annoying because it's very wrong, or that like made you feel things that.
Speaker 2: Are good about robots, like Wally or Terminator or so this is.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to keep this a secret.
Speaker 2: Yes for a while, bring it on.
Speaker 3: I actually really don't like sci fi.
Speaker 2: That's fine, is it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: It's not fine.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not fine. I feel like I should like sci fi. I should at least and that I like sci fi. I don't like I like, I love fantasy, I love magic. Sci fi is too close to home, like it's it's just.
Speaker 2: Like, I totally I'm not that into sci fi because I would rather I would rather put things in my brain that are like sign non fi. It's like fake gossip about people, you know, and you're like, well, either give me real gossip or let's not gossip about me.
Speaker 3: You know, that does makes sense, you know what I mean, that's a really good way of describing it.
Speaker 2: I'd rather just learn the real stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's like what we do all the time. So yeah, what about what about characters?
Speaker 2: What about like in pop culture, anything like that that's annoying or now now.
Speaker 3: You're asking me generally if there's anyone in top culture that I find annoying, like robot wise, robot wise, uhh, I mean I think the most most things. I really like it when people build stuff. And even if it's stuff that I don't think is great or that I agree with, I don't know. I just like that people are trying to put stuff out in the word you're taking me into like a weird back alley right now.
Speaker 2: It's a VIP hotel and the celebrity hotel. They're clearly very good local trivia side note, So we were right near this tourist destination, and some hotels there are nice, some aren't. But if any establishment in Los Angeles has the word celebrity in it, that means it sucks a whole bunch. That's your shorthand. Celebrity cleaners took a dress there, they shredded it. This celebrity hotel is two stars, and the Church of Scientology's Celebrity Center campus. Well, yeah, anyway, Simone was staying at a nicer place nearby, but we parked to finish the conversation near some dumpsters, like professionals, Wait, which hotel? Is this one? Your hotel?
Speaker 3: No, it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh it's on the front. Okay, yeah, Well conduct the rest of the interviews sitting here like a creep, and then I'll drive you.
Speaker 3: To the proper entrance.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I think that no one's going to rest us back here.
Speaker 3: A robot. I can't wait. I feel like I should be able to whip out of most annoying robot character. I mean, I recently watched space Camp. The robot space Camp wasn't that great.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched that in so long.
Speaker 3: It was just yeah, but it was just like, that is not the type of a robot you want to have walk on another planet. It was just like very impractically built. And also, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: About Small Wonder Did you ever watch that? No, that's the one where there's this girl named her. She's supposed to be like a human female, but and her name is Vicki, but she's a robot and no one ever questions it, even though she wears the same clothes every day and speaks like a robot.
Speaker 3: Hi, nice to see you again, Nice to see you again. I did like x macinna Oh, I never saw that. It's a good movie. Yeah, that one flew on the under the sci fi radar for me.
Speaker 2: I always get it confused with the fed cut vodka ads. There's like this vodka ad and it looks exactly like side by Side. Yeah, okay, so x Macinee went under the sci fi right or like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that idiom checks out, But I liked it even though it was sci fi.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. Yeah, And by the way, I'm not a sci fi watcher either, so.
Speaker 3: That makes me happy.
Speaker 2: I just I don't. I would rather know about real stuff or like exit the realm completely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just, yeah.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's just this weird combination. It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's fun and I think it's brave of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I was at what was it, Silicon Valley comic con, and William Shatner had just been on stage before me as like the guy in Star Trek, and somebody asked me if I liked Star Trek or Star Wars most, and I was like, I don't like either of them. People booed. I don't think I said I didn't like it. It was just like I didn't watch them, and people booed, And since then my shame of not liking sci fi was was budding.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you just say, like I'm an immigrant, like I impose American pop culture.
Speaker 3: A little bit, but I mean Star Wars. Sometimes I say that Star Wars wasn't allowed to be shown in Sweden because of its capitalistic message. That's not true. I'm just sticking with it, but I do. I do pull the foreigner card a lot, but I feel like I have a limited run with that. Also, it's like i've lived in the States for a little while.
Speaker 2: Now, I think because your accent is so good, people expect you to be more well versed in American pop culture.
Speaker 3: But I put on a Swedish accent whenever I want it to be very evident that I'm not from here.
Speaker 2: What does it sound like.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it's not super super weird, but it's like if I ever talked to like customer service or any like government institution, and I really want them to know that I'm not from here. It's nice, it's handy you.
Speaker 2: Does your family ever get spooked by hearing you speak with such a passable American accent?
Speaker 3: No, but they did. I remember first time I moved to China, when we were like skyping and suddenly, like one of my Chinese friends called and I like answered the phone and had a conversation station in Chinese. Then they got really freaked out. Yeah, how many languages do you speak? I mean, it depends on how you define speak, but.
Speaker 2: Four that's a lot. That's a lot. I'm so impressed by the switching into Swedish. Yeah, wish I knew. All I can do is say I'm All I can do is throw in like a hella every once in a while, because I'm from the Bay Area and that's like the closest I could get to putting on a native accent.
Speaker 3: Wait, really, is that what people from the Bay Area say? Hella? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you say yes, hello Wendy tonight, people will be like, how long have you lived in LA You're like, oh, you want to me?
Speaker 3: Whoa, I'm gonna start doing that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a San Franciscan. You start saying it and or start listening for it, and you'll be like, how it's like wicked, It's like Boston's wicked. Okay, two questions. What's the worst thing about your job or your career? What's the most annoying thing? Is it taxes? Is it does the heat go off sometimes in the workshop?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What's the most annoying thing?
Speaker 3: I think the most annoying thing is being a business owner and having a lot of responsibility of like I mean, I have like a really good team that's supporting me in many ways, but it's still up to me to sign the documents and make calls about like how we're gonna place the money that we're making and stuff like that. That is my least favorite thing to do. And I'm also in like a kind of accounting weird accounting pickle because I am from Sweden and I've had a Swedish company. My entire legal team and accounting team and management team is in Australia because that's where my manager is from, and I live in the States and just started a US company. I mean being taxed in the States, so it's is very intricate taxing thing and it's just it's it makes my body crawl.
Speaker 2: She may have meant skin crawl, but that's okay, because guess how many languages I speak literally barely won on Sundays.
Speaker 3: I'd rather just outsource it i can.
Speaker 2: And then save your energy and time and brain power for building stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is nice, but it's challenging because you constantly have this feeling that like the most important thing to do is to answer email emails and like do all these like admin stuff. But I realized is the most important thing I should do is like making fun content and building machines. But it doesn't feel like it's proper work because it needs to be hard and tough and boring. Why is your carding that sound.
Speaker 2: It just does that because it's like a preuses make all kinds of gurgles. Yeah, it's like I think it's going back and forth between motors or something. It's also hungry because I didn't feed it fuel. Yeah, and I was. I was on the last little thing, and that would be so I have to cast it. Okay, your favorite thing about what you do, about your job, or about robots or about a build, Like, what's the thing that gives you butterflies?
Speaker 3: The thing that gives me butterflies? I mean, I don't know how to say this without making it sound terrible.
Speaker 2: Cashing checks, cash and checks keep in coming.
Speaker 3: No, But honestly, the nicest thing has being like being led into this really great community of people and constantly meeting people who are very enthusiastic and excited about what they do, which is like, I don't know, it's such a good energy injection whenever I meet somebody who's like so eager to show me the project that they're working on. So I think that's actually what I like the most. I feel like doing this. I because I tried out a lot of different jobs before it, and it was just like putting on a lot of different pants and you're like these ones are kind of fun, but they're like also kind of crawling up my butt or like these ones like said, they are just uncomfortable and these it's I don't know. I feel like I found my people in the maker community.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. That's a great answer. Yeah, yeah, that's a good answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What could be wrong with being like other people are cool and I like them.
Speaker 3: I don't know a little bit like I get to hang out.
Speaker 2: With cool people. I think that appreciating people who are appreciate what you do is great. That doesn't that make I'm not and that's great.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite part about your job?
Speaker 2: The money? Just money, money, money. Yeah. I have a big, like inflatable pool that I filled with dollars and I just jump into it like screwhoop dook at the end of every day. That's why I sleep in.
Speaker 3: I feel like, as somebody must have done an episode on like the Physics, I'm jumping in because I feel like I'm always like that. It hurts so much. Even when I was a kid, I was like you, your head would just crash into those coins. It would be so cold, it would like break your fingers before you've even like penetrated the surface of it.
Speaker 2: So but my answer is the same as yours. I mean pretty much, I think like for especially for this for ologies like I'm I feel like I'm such like an ologist and like science groupie, where I'm just I'm so in awe of other people's passion and what that has led them to to learn and execute. I like hearing about this spark that make made people like almost fall in love with a certain field. I think about things that I'm obsessed with, and I think, oh, I you know, there's like a certain beetle I once found that made me really into bugs, and that shaped my whole life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why we'd neither of us like accounting, because nobody's passionate about accounting.
Speaker 2: Dude, my mom is we call her Nancy Numbers.
Speaker 3: If I met your mom, I'd be like, suddenly, accounting that's all I want to do.
Speaker 2: Nancy Numbers will be down to chat. She would be out of it, like so yeah, So I don't know. So we rolled up to Simone's hotel and we wrapped it up. Well, the valet guys were like, what's happening here? What are you doing. Just consider this like a very long uber ride.
Speaker 3: Oh you get five stars right off the bat.
Speaker 2: You know we was in two accidents. This is your hotel, right yeah, yeah, TH's right there. Okay, that worked out well, Thank you so much much, or being on seriously, the things.
Speaker 3: Are bringing me to my hotel.
Speaker 2: This is my first Car Ologies episode, but really yeah, I've never recorded one in a car before.
Speaker 3: I'm on to and be the first guest.
Speaker 2: I didn't get like a driving well interviewing. I guess that would be a DW. I wouldn't it driving well interviewing.
Speaker 3: I think you're allowed to hold a microphone and talk.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Hollywood, baby. Yeah, we are literally like in the thick of it. I hope you have a great shoot tomorrow.
Speaker 3: H thank you. I just hope the hammering robot works. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So to see how well the hammering robot worked, you can find the video we made a hammer robot featuring Simone Yettes on ret and Links channel. I also want you to know that I copied and pasted the title of that video from YouTube, and the font that YouTube muses is called roboto servant woo. Okay. To see more, of someone's work. Just google her name and or Shitty Robots. She's at simone Yetch on Twitter or Instagram and as long as you're there if you want, you can follow Ologies or Alley Ward on either platform. If you like this podcast, I'm also at patreon dot com slash Ologies, where you can become a patron for as little as twenty five cents an episode, which goes to equipment and sound cards and web hostings and paying wonderful editor Stephen Ray Morris to piece all of this together and to pay the folks who help with ologiesmerch dot com, Shannon Feltus and Bonni Dutch. You can also support the show just by getting a shirt or a hat, or a toad or a pin or phone case or a baby onans. Either's so many items. Thank you so much for rating and subscribing and reviewing. Those are things you can do for free that helps so much. And please do remain unabashedly curious and ask smart people dumb questions, because we're all smart about some stuff and dumb about others, so let's spread it around. Speaking of, it's time for the end of the episode. Secret Okay, Mom and Dad, you can feel free to turn the episode off. Now you just you hit the stop button on the iPad.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Cool? Okay? Bye? Okay. So one time I went to a party and I met this really cute dude. But I was wearing those like jelly boobs that you stick to your own boobs. They look like rubber chicken cutlets. But they made the dress look better. Okay, it was years ago. It was a cute summer dress. I just I was like, these look nice. Anyway, he was like, hey, let's go for a drink and I was like, um, okay, I'll meet you there. Let's drive separately. And in so doing, I was like, I ripped the jelly boobs off because what am I gonna do? What if he notices? Anyway? And I stuffed them under the seat along with a box of lac date that was in the door pocket. And we ended up dating for years. And I don't think I ever told him that story. And if he listens to this, I wonder if you'll even know it's him. So hy killing it? Okay, next week might be bees or museums or evolutionary biology or beer science. I'm russure, but I'm excited about it. I hope you are too okay by right hackadermanstology, hobbiology, crypto zoology, lithology, yeaology, meteorology, paratology, apology, seriology, seminology.
Speaker 4: Get value you can't argue with at Tesco with their amazing club card prices. Have the perfect night in with their finest frozen pizza meal deal. Get the finest frozen pizza, chips and ice cream all for six euro Like our delicious spicy salami, hot honey and do you or Margarito wood fired pizzas served up with their crispy chunkie chips and ice cream like sea salta caramel or pistachio for dessert. Can't argue with that shop in store or online. Tesco. Every Little helps available in most stories. Prices varying Express