Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You Jr.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought to you by the Magic Watch Party Thursday night Tom's Watch Bar. Taco Bob will be your host.
Speaker 1: That's right, Magic Watch Party. I'm out there seven to nine. They have delicious food out of Tom's Watch Bar. Actually, Bulldog's been there, he knows right. It is an awesome sports bar. One hundred and fifty TVs. Great food and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Magic need to win, by the way, on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking on the Hawks, I believe.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna have great prizes too. So join me Tom's Watch Bar. I drive starting at seven this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bulldog, after you experienced some of the food at Tom's Watch Bar, what did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, Oh, that good, That's what we thought.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I ask you a question? I meant to ask you this yesterday, we just didn't have time with all the talk about the five hundred whatnot. Will Harris, the former Gator defensive backs coach who has now ended up in Coral Gables with Miami, I'm reading and seeing two different accounts of what went on or didn't go. What are you hearing? Was he forced out or did he just go?
Speaker 4: I'd heard that Miami made him an offer and he's taken a bunch of players with him.
Speaker 2: Because his post that he made to Gator Nation kind of sounded like he was forced out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to go back.
Speaker 4: And I talked to a couple of Gator people and they were under the impression that Will Harris that, you know, Mario Cristobal knew that he had he had some players that would come with him, so offered him a job to come down there, and he's gonna take players with him.
Speaker 2: You see, he's a he's a good, good recruiter in addition to Okay, all right, yeah, so that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: But by the way, speaking of South Florida, what about this story that came out a couple of days ago. Remember Bullygate down in South Florida. Jonathan Martin, the offensive lineman Richie in Cognito.
Speaker 3: Got the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: How many years ago was that?
Speaker 4: That was in twenty thirteen. Quite the scandal. There was an NFL investigation. Richie in Cognito, the offensive line coach of the Dolphins. The trainer of the Dolphins gets fired. Essentially, Jonathan Martin came out esped said the whole thing was made up.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 4: I never believed for a second I was being bullied. It's a story that I've been trying to fix for ten years.
Speaker 2: Ten years, says ESPN made it all up.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, He's saying that his his mom, his mom. Essentially, because Jonathan Martin was failing, he was failing as an offensive line with with the Dolphins and wanted to quit because he wasn't very good and he was having some mental health issues, his mom sort of made up this story that he was being bullied. Wow, let's see, I had a situation with my teammates that I wasn't super happy about. But my but my mother had her own read on the situation. I hadn't even told my coaches, I hadn't told anyone, and suddenly it's on ESPN. I didn't believe any of the stances I was taking that I was a victim, so she.
Speaker 2: Just she just indiscriminately picked at the time, the biggest meat had hot head on the team and Richie he.
Speaker 3: Fit the narrative.
Speaker 4: He fit then narrative, and think in fact, Richie Incognito came out on social media and said, quote, Jonathan Martin couldn't cut it in the NFL, so he quit, and his mom blamed me. They lied to protect his money. He wanted to protect his signing bonus.
Speaker 3: Wow, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 4: All of that, all of the people who lost their jobs. It's just it's a shame tragic really, Yeah, it's tragic. People people's careers were ruined because of this.
Speaker 1: And these are people that had trained and played sports and their you know, their entire life leading up to this, all the time that an athlete puts into it, into the game, and that happened.
Speaker 2: And because you suck and whatever you may suck at, that's nobody's fault other than.
Speaker 4: Yours, right, And that's essentially what he's saying ten years later or whatever. But man, he he perpet She waited this as well. It's not like he was.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: It's just my mom making stuff up. He could have he could have said this years ago. So yeah, unbelievable. By the way, we were talking about the NBA All Start, the new NBA All Star Game format yesterday where they had, you know, they picked teams, they had four different teams. It is being absolutely barbecued by the national media. In fact, even players in the NBA are criticizing Traymond Green. Of course, Traymond Green came out and said it was ridiculous. He was asked to rate the format format on the scale of one to ten.
Speaker 2: You know what, he said? Zero zero.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And Draymond Green came out and said the NBA game has become boring. I don't know that he should be saying this, being a player in the league.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It is how he makes, you know, millions and millions of dollars. I don't know if he should be ripping his own league, but he's he's come out and said it. A lot of former NBA stars like Oscar Robertson are essentially telling Draymond Green to shut up.
Speaker 1: But hey, he's just what it is. Didn't he just say in the NBA All Star Game is.
Speaker 4: A jenna saying, well, he said the NBA All Star Games a joke, but he also said the NBA game in general, there's been a lot of criticism of the NBA and how they play, and it's become a three point shooting contest.
Speaker 3: That's what he said that.
Speaker 2: Has become boring as well, just the way they pass. He's got a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he does.
Speaker 4: But again, would you know it will be like us saying, hey man, this radio station sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, why would you come out and say something like that. Yeah, so hate your own business.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs. So the US lost last night to one to Sweden in the Four Nations. Fast did not matter, they rested most of their starters. But nonetheless it looms on Thursday night at TD Garden in Boston. Round two else when the rematches US Canada for the championship. How no, how nasty will it get.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give Lynch a little credit here. We were sort of making fun of him. This is a huge deal, dude, Yeah, it's It's become huge this this whole Four Nations tournament. We were making fun of him Taco because of his hockey station. But hey, he was on this, So congratulations Lynch. You were ahead of the game on this one.
Speaker 2: Not really just in step brother.
Speaker 1: With the people and filling filling holes with hockey. The Uh, all those Bostonians cheering on fights, I can see it now.
Speaker 2: US has got it, has got to win Thursday night. They've got to man.
Speaker 3: Where's it's in Boston?
Speaker 2: Inston so?
Speaker 3: And will they will they be boot? Will they booth the national anthem?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be curious to see how the US fans treat the Canadian anthem. I'm hoping, I'm hoping they stand up and show class. But you know, no, you're not. We'll see, we'll see, we'll see, all right, Mike the Bulldog be hockey. You want him to be classed, hoping Mike on AM seven ninety six to ninety game a much more classy show than this show could ever aspire to be. But we thank you nonetheless for joining us for the sports page during the Lynching Taco Show each morning. Doggie oh Oh j
Speaker 3: R w j r R, Orlando's rock station