Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of sad because for me, romance is dead. But here we are in Valentine's Day. I would like to specifically dedicate today's show to Skin and KT's lovers.
Speaker 2: You met him, and I.
Speaker 1: Hope that they are fulfilled in a way today and tonight that meets all of their romantic expectations. I hope they have a straight up Hallmark you know movie tonight, and you guys are sentimental and thoughtful and open doors and have you know, rose petals leading to a hot tub that's warmed up and ready for action. And I hope that I hope that your lovers go to sleep tonight in pleasure comas. Ben Kevin confided in me that he bought a box of chocolates for X and XX. He's gonna he's gonna eat chocolate while he goes on a valentine His date with a porn site. He gave the chocolates to the porn site as a laird of saying thank you for all our times together.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's Shark week anyways. And and I.
Speaker 1: Handed a bouquet of flowers to my right hand. Okay, so we're all in the same boat. Uh, not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Okay, romance can still happen with going to poundtown. What what does that mean? Kind of idiot or you? He says, like hang out and enjoy each other's company. You're you have a gun to your head right now. Oh honey, I love you. For the next couple of minutes. Let's watch the show you're into. We're not going to watch that. She's actually on my She's on my TV schedule. To night, we'll be watching the SNL homecoming concert tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh, live on Live on the cock peacock. Is that tonight seven o'clock. That's a great that's a great logo for them. Yeah, and then you just see that proud rooster. Yeah, standing in that attention.
Speaker 2: Are you guys doing anything special for your lovers? More legitimately watching the SNL homecoming concert at seven and otrick some wine? You know, probably get some pizza, some dim lights. You put a hole in the pizza box? Yeah, I much. You go to Andrews, see if they'll they'll put a hole in there for me.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll customize it, bro, They'll be like, yeah, I put your ranch in here, Well did you guys? So you guys are gonna you guys are going to stream the concert because it's not on Channel five?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Does new We know about this? I don't. It's a good we have not had this conversation. I like this.
Speaker 1: I like this for anyone who has any involvement with NBC in any way.
Speaker 2: If that's a.
Speaker 1: Good question that people ask repeatedly, no matter what's happening on the peacock at NBC, Paaramount, whatever, just ask.
Speaker 2: Him, does new We know about this? Yes? That's should be your go to. So we are.
Speaker 1: There's a new barbecue place in Allen at Waters Creek, an article about that in the paper. Yeah, and it's it's been getting lots of love. And so my wife was like, it's I I wanted to like go out to eat somewhere nice. And my wife has the same attitude towards restaurants on Valentine's Day that she does towards a place on New Year's Eve. She's like, that's we don't want to go that night. They jack up the menu. You know, you don't want to do that. So I thought we were going to like cook steaks or something at the Crib, and then she started talking about this barbecue place but Carol's yeah, that's the name of it. And so she was like, well, do you want to go on Valentine's Day? Because I don't think that's going to be like the place for lovers, like you know, it's yeah, you don't want to get the meat sweats on Valentine Day, And so I want her to get the meat sweats.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want her to get that meat sweat, you know what I'm saying. And so I've had enough meat tonight already, three meet plates.
Speaker 1: Enough, Oh my god, another sausage. And so I was like, hey, okay, well why don't we go to this? And she was down. And then because we are so romantic, we invited the kids. So we have we have two kids. One of the kids has a boyfriend that's around at old times, so I think they're joining us. And then I think the boy my son may or may not be there, depending on how cool he is. So it's going to be like a double date, I think, with my daughter and her boyfriend at a barbecue spot.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So my daughter wants to go watch her friend play basketball, so I think we're gonna go drop her off to watch that game and then go to like on the border. It's not very romantic, you know what I mean, it's just by the way black beans are refriged. Last night, so I can't really communicate with my daughter. She has no interest in really you know, our interactions with her. She's fourteen. Yeah, so our interactions are very short. She's very sweet and nice, but it's like one word answers, hey, how is your day good?
Speaker 2: And then she's in a room. Yeah, gone. And so last night I.
Speaker 1: Had the opportunity to take her and her two friends to their basketball practice, and so I had them in my car. So I'm like, oh, this is awesome. I'm gonna start talking to them. Did you play a lot of jelly roll? And I go, I said, I go, And keep in mind, I've seen these girls, they playing the same team. I've seen them play basketball together maybe fifty times. And I go, hey, did you guys know that I know a little something about basketball talk? I went there, Yeah, I did. We're going there and we're going to practice. Go really, I go, yeah, yeah, you know. I got my start and radio doing the MAVs postgame show, so I got to go to like every MAVs game and be in the locker room. They're like, what do you know Luca? And I was, wait, your daughter didn't know this, No, her, she's been quiet. Oh gosh, she's been quiet. Yeah, she's like And so I'm like, I'm gonna make her talk basketball at me. So I start talking to them about basketball, and they're like, do you know Luca And I was like, well, my co host, you know, my my partner. He was the first one to ever introduce or to interview Luca here in Dallas. And they're like, whoa really, And I go, I know Dirk and all this day. Dirk yeah, yeah, good, good good. And so we were talking and they were like, did you ever talk to Lebron? And I go, actually, yes, I did. I did talk to Lebron and actually it's on video. And they're like, wow, that is so cool. And they're like, Grace your dad. You didn't tell us about this about your dad and the show and they're go, uh, did you has Grace ever met any players? I go, she's met some, but do you guys know who Kyrie Irving is? And they're like, yeah, of course. And I was like, did you know I talked to Kyrie about Grace and they're like what, she's not saying anything, and so I go, do you you know what I like about each of your games?
Speaker 2: Would you like me to tell you? Yeah, I still play basketball two times a week. I know basketball.
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh my god, yes, please. They're like, this is gonna be fun. We've never talked to an adult about that, you know, like, please tell me. And I was like, well, ayah, you're a point guard. You got good handles, you never freak out, you never seem pressured, and you're able to control the ball and get to the bucket when you need to.
Speaker 2: You're just very calm. And she was like, oh my god. What.
Speaker 1: And the other one's like, tell me about my game. So I start telling her about her game and they're like, okay, tell Grace about her game. She goes, no, I don't need that. I was like, Grace is really good at attacking the basket from the right side, and she goes, only from the right side.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, dude, so I look at you getting to spend Valentine's Day with your kids as being bad ass.
Speaker 2: I wish I could do that.
Speaker 1: Well, let me just say so, Maya is nineteen. She'll be twenty this summer, and they're really all that cliched stuff about the girl comes back around.
Speaker 2: She absolutely does.
Speaker 1: And so I'm trying to think it's so different for our older kids because they had the incredibly unique experience of the pandemic. Like, go, you know, my daughter's sophomore year of high school was pretty much spent remotely right, so the normal trajectory or growth path or whatever you want to call it was interrupted by the most insane thing ever. And then I, you know, we've talked about this before. My poor daughter's class, her graduating class, like one week I think before their graduation ceremonies, there was a mass shooting at a place where they spend all their time at those Alan outlet malls. So they had a really bizarre high school existence. But I think probably around pandemic time, my daughter came back around and rejoined us.
Speaker 2: So what were the ages that she was on satellite.
Speaker 1: She was a little bit early, so her worst her worst year for us was when she was twelve. Okay, that was the worst year. And that was also kind of ironically enough, that's when I, you know, was done coaching them in basketball, because you know, then the girls go on to junior high and all that, and so you know, I've been pretty close to my daughter and her friend group because I coach their basketball team, and so it's still like a lot of those girls when they come back from college, like they'll come over and we'll talk, you know, because just whatever that experience was. But Maya and my my wife, they were it was armageddon every morning. I think I told you. I would wake up every morning at six thirty to the sounds of them screaming at each other in the next room. And then just like after eight months, it just stopped and they were besties again. It's so weird with teenage girls. They're crazy people. Yeah, so I bet Grace comes back around when she starts driving.
Speaker 2: This is okay. I would love that.
Speaker 1: This is because ours we don't have drama, We don't have anything. Yeah, it's just like one that's better than drama though, dude, Yeah, that's just I think that's just normal. I need to get away from these people that are oppressing me so I can figure out who I.
Speaker 2: Am exactly right. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Kevin, So, what were you gonna do you want to add anything else about what you're gonna do to your lover tonight? No, No, just gonna hang out yep. All right, you know it reminds me of the intro I think lovers. It's like the double hot tub scene with the Will Berrell in SNL.
Speaker 2: All right, you.
Speaker 3: Don't sa.
Speaker 2: Dark time boys. Right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, ready to do one time with Evan Win.
Speaker 4: I'll show you're going ruin it, except with similar sweet pursuing it. Donald out Shaw Shank through the sewer Kid, Now what chill in at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock on the doc.
Speaker 4: Gotta have it for my house a goo status Howard starting to get cratic. Shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tune end zone out.
Speaker 2: Break it up beat.
Speaker 3: Then I will want to hang out with my friend Rocket on the BADYO, my boys.
Speaker 2: Talking on It's time.
Speaker 3: This is all baby, baby go Kat Christina all the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christina is not here today. G Money Garrett is an engineering. Were grateful for that. We're going to alter the show a little bit. We're not gonna do it today game, so everything will be podcast.
Speaker 2: But is there an honorary mention? You know what, I think. I want to do it. I want to do it. At four, I want to do it. We'll put it with some sports. There's one there's one person this today game that we do need to honor, and we will do that with the sports segment. At four o'clock.
Speaker 1: You tease an honorary mention and I love it. Yeah, I'll love it four o'clock we'll get to that. Fantastic Okay, coming up next though, where are you gonna take some in the Hollywood Shuffle?
Speaker 2: Well, no one thought this would happen, but the SNL cast member bracket has been made. What goost of all time? We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Whoa you know they're coming to Fort Worth at the end of the year. I'm gonna drag my ass out there. I've never seen nine inch nails live and I feel like I need to do that. So Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, thanks for hanging with us today. Now we have the big BFD event coming May twenty fifth at Doseki's Pavilion. We've been giving away tickets all week long and we're gonna do it again. Right now, you have to have the iHeart app with the where you can stream our show and stream the station and all the iHeart stations. There also is a talkback feature a little microphone and you can leave messages. The first person to leave a message with your name, your phone number, and your email address and can answer the question. We talked about it in the opening segment. Ben was driving around with his daughter and two of her friends. What did he talk to her friends about? There is something that he talked to them about, and if you were listening, you know what it is. The first person that can tell us you're gonna win those BFD tickets. We have a special person from the Today Game. There's not gonna be a Today Game today, but we need to honor someone. We'll do it at four o'clock. We'll also talk about what's going on inside the American Airline Center. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This juicy news. Hot Gods ever come.
Speaker 5: Stay out top in the hot shovel.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about this for a long time, but Sunday night is SNL fifty to start seven o'clock. Its gonna be a big, huge night and there's been a lot of SNL content pouring and you know, whether you like SNL or not, it's been a part of everyone's life because it's either created stars help create stars. But I have an SNL cast member bracket. Did you create this or did you find it somewhere? I found it somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, an important question because you need to know if the seating is based on KT's preferences or not.
Speaker 2: Right, my friends over at the Saturday Night Network gave me what I needed here. Is this like a Reddit group you're on? No? No, no, they do. They They work for this like they're like journalists who cover like late night stuff. Okay, got you do you know, like a immediate postgame podcast and stuff. And I know those guys pretty good. So so I have a quick question. Yeah, is the SNL event on Sunday Night? Is it a live like three hour event? Oh that's exciting. No, it's a show. Like they're treating it like a show and they're writing sketches and so there's not going to be a Saturday Night Live Saturday. Oh, they're airing the old episode Saturday Night. They're airing the first one that ever aired from nineteen seventy five at and then tonight is the you know, three hour homecoming concert, which is apparently a lot of surprises. Cool, So there's a lot going on. Yeah, that's number one seed verse Number sixteen here Will Ferrell versus Bow and Yang. This is a massacre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waste a lot of time on bow and Yang, the first gay Asian cast member.
Speaker 2: He's good, he's great. I'm going with Bow and Yang. Yeah, yeah, all right. Number eight Nora Dunne. It's number nine. Jimmy Fallon. Come on. Oh, I like, I'm going Nora Dunn. I need to see her. I'll take Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 1: Nord Dunn is the one who protested Dice Man being on the show and no one got her back.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're like, watch just do your job. It's Jimmy Fallon. I'll go Jimmy Fallon for sure. Number five Kate McKinnon and it's number twelve Bobby moynihan. Uh, this is a slaughter sater Kate Kate McKinnon.
Speaker 1: She does everything he does. Drunk uncle, and that's it. The first round is not that competitive. It's gonna get good here, okay. Number four Keenan Thompson. That gets at number thirteen. Dennis Miller I know who y'all are.
Speaker 2: Dama, dude. I love Dennis Miller. Yeah, but he is kind of a one trip pony. He is on that trip pony.
Speaker 1: But I just just let me, let me put in a legitimate debate for him. He honestly and truly reinvented and reinvigorated the news desk. I'm not joking, and I know you're an SNL historian. He changed the trajectory of that. Like you know, for me, if I watch SNL, I've got to watch the news desk, the update. That's like the most important part to me. That happened again after a long lull, when Dennis Miller took it over. He's he's great. But for me, I go for the marathon vote. Keenan just has done it year after year after year.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. It's the one Drick pony versus the guy that does everything Keenan. Yeah, that's true. Number six, Tracy Morgan. Number eleven, Tim Meadows. Oh, come on, dude, for me, it's Tim Meadows. For me, it's not even close. It's Tracy Morgan. It's a it's a battle like it's close. You have the deciding vote here.
Speaker 1: I mean, what It's like if they were athletes. One of them is like, they're both in the league, but one of them is too dependable and like has had a stable career, while the other one could put up fifty points any game, the other one could.
Speaker 2: Never do that.
Speaker 1: Let me make it simple for you. Ben, you have the first pick in the draft. Are you taking Iver Center? You're taking Rick Fox? It is That is a great example. Uh, I want give me the guy who can hang fifty, even though he might not show up for practice.
Speaker 2: Give me Tracy Moorecy it's a blood bath, all right.
Speaker 1: Tim Meadows would break his ankle trying to hold Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number three, Tina Faan number fourteen, Al Franklin. I love Al Franklin. Tina Fey Tina Fey as well, although I do think she's seated way too high. He's one of the creators of the show Kevin. Oh, I know, and you know a lot of people hate that guy. Well he got into politics. Well he did some dirty stuff on that show. He did some dirty stuff. Me too hadn't started yet, dude. The idea Jay Moore had was to well this according to j Moore, right was he? It was the Barney Charles Barkley Barney sketch. Yeah, it's pretty simple. It's Barkley whipping Barney's ass. Is that Al Franken got in there and tried to rewrite it a million times. And he's also buddies with Lorn and Just Stewart made it real tough on Jmore. What's the guy's name, Stuart Small? Yeah, that Small? He sucks. Number seven, Jan Hooks, number ten, CHERRYO Terry. I like Jan Hooks because she's hot in her day. I'm going CHERRYO Terry, And I know that the Cheerleader sketch her Barbara Walters is really good too. It's not better than Gilda Radner's, I know, but it's just kind of doing an homage to that, all right, Cherio Terry.
Speaker 1: Also when she played the bembo who's just always trying to hook up with guys at work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good, dude.
Speaker 1: Jan Hooks doesn't have any memorable characters, but she you know, yeah, solid, I'm gonna go with Cherio Terry.
Speaker 2: Number two, dan Ackroyd, Number fifteen, Martin Short. That's a tough matchup dan Ackroyd for me. But Martin Short had a brief but glorious run, and there was a time period where they had a lot of great characters cast members, and he stood out in a huge way. He kind of partially saved the show.
Speaker 1: Teenage Skin thought Ed Grimley was one of the funniest characters in the world. It's not a tough one for me. It's dan Aykroyd all the way. Early dan Aykroyd is just about as elite as it got. Yeah, he was phenomenal. He got a little bit of a beating the older he got, but huge fan and an incredible writer.
Speaker 2: Number one Eddie Murphy, Number sixteen, j Farrow, Come on, man, shouldn't said. Number eight Cecily Strong, Number nine Rob Schneider.
Speaker 1: I'll take Cecily Strong. You talk about one trick ponies, the nickname and ader.
Speaker 2: Copy cop base.
Speaker 1: But dude, she's awesome. She's been in She's very versatile. I love a lot of Rob Schneider's opinions, though.
Speaker 2: Number five Darryl Hammond, Number twelve, Norm MacDonald, come on, this is now tough, not for me, Not for me. Darryl Hammond is one of the best perform that show ever had. He's the white tim Meadows Tim Meadows never carried the role of multiple presidents. Dude, Darryl Hammond is a beast. Dude, You're you're doing a bit here.
Speaker 1: Again, this is very similar to the Tracy Morgan discussion, although this is even more of a blow out. This is he's a role player, and you're talking about one of the greatest individual single game scorers in league history. Daryl Hammond had a four year run where he was on the show and nobody knew it, right, I think everyone knew it.
Speaker 2: You didn't. I will also. I will also norm though, because.
Speaker 1: Because if you did come over there and smack number four Amy Poehler, number thirteen, Julius Sweeney, Marry Poler, pretty easy, Amy Polar That should have been a one sixteen, tough one right here. Number six Andy Samberg eleven, Will Forte. Oh, it's it is a tough one. I mean, I prefer Andy Samberg, but I get it. That's a tough match. Goly it is. They both have done so many great things since they left too that you try to. Okay, Ben brings up a good point, though, do we into consideration.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I'm straight guys chopping it up. I don't know. I'm trying not to take that into case.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna vote either one who loses this match deserves to go into the next round, because there's lesser cast members that have made it to the next round.
Speaker 2: The Daryl Hammond nor McDonald thing too, like those guys are both of those guys should be advancing.
Speaker 1: But how the bracket played out here, you should they should have done better in the early rounds. They should have gotten into end. Okay, season Samberg obviously all the shorts, that was where he was at his best, right.
Speaker 2: The legacy shorts, Right, that's a legacy thing.
Speaker 1: But Forte, you know when I think of his greatness, I think of it in post SNL, Right, you know what I mean. And if you want to consider that, that's your choice. I'm trying hard not to consider that.
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm gonna go Samburg, right, Fantast number three, Bill Murray, Number fourteen, Chris Rock, Oh my god, Okay, again, exactly what Ben just said. Chris Rock has exactly one memorable character and it wasn't that great. This is and that's why Chris Rock is seated so low. I mean, it is a SNL cast member right brand, so Mario, I'll get my vote. Yeah. I saw Bill Murray talking yesterday.
Speaker 1: They we talking about him joining the cast in the second season, and he was like, the first episode he had like a bunch of hits. They all clicked in, great sketches, and then he couldn't get any sketches. He wasn't being written in, and so he and Lorne decided he would do an apology, and so he went on air and gave an apology for his performance on the season so far.
Speaker 2: He goes, I can do better. I need to do better. It's so good, and it was like and that totally saved his career.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you guys have not seen it, you really need to see that Chris Rock Kevin Hart documentary.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is so good, and Chris Rock explains his failings on Saturday Night Live and it's pretty bad as oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Number seven to eighty Bryant, number ten Vanessa Bayer Bear for me, I would be cool if this matchup didn't happen. I'm gonna take Adie Bryant the skin. You're gonna have to make a pick here.
Speaker 1: I think that Adie Bryant has had bigger belly, laughs, because she has a bigger belly. Okay, Bryant, right, Uh, they're pretty that's actually pretty evenly mad.
Speaker 2: Number two, Dana Carvey, number fifteen, Billy Crystal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be dand Carvey. I'm close, but dude, Billy Crystal's. We were talking earlier about Andy Sandberg and the shorts. Billy Crystal's. The shorts he did with Christopher Guest are amazing. You look, Marvel, did you ever.
Speaker 2: See the Negro Baseball League characters they did? It was so awesome. Great John Belushi number one, number sixteen, Heidi Gardner, which the hot one. Yeah, this is tough a lot. Give me a number eight, Kevin Neeland number nine, Seth Myers, Oh wow, think of them both.
Speaker 1: I'll beg Kevin Neeland for one reason. He comes to mind, and I think of the Patrick Swayze stripping thing. And he's one of the judges. He was so good. He's also he's also one of the executives that's looking into space. As Dana Carven he seeings chopping broccoli. Yes, yes, and I'll pump you up.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going with Niland. I think in sets contributions are more writing writing. Yeah, you know number five, Maya Rudolph, Number twelve, Pete Davidson, it's.
Speaker 1: My Rudolph for me. I think she's about as talented and it gets This is a tough matchup because I love them. Both are both great, but she's so much more talented than him. He's awesome, yeah and unique, but dude, she's the real deal. She's I told you, guys, I was just watching that Kobe documentary on CNN and they showed when she played Vanessa Bryant during the scandal that Kobe had, and it reminded me how long she was on the show, all the different people she did. Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Last one for to take a break? Four Adam Sandler thirteen Chris Gaetan get ten. I'll think Adam Sandler, of course, and we'll finish it. I don't even believe that's a match that's well. I mean the first round there's an lopsided matchup. Did they get all of the man? Is that all the when Duke plays you know, Winthrop?
Speaker 1: You know, is that all the is that all the cast members that they've ever had?
Speaker 2: Twenty more? They didn't Okay, all right, yeah, all right, we'll get to this is really good. It's good.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we'll do around the sports and then we'll get back to the SNL cast member bracket.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: For those of you who hear us talking about Hurtato Barbecue, and we're always talking about him at the eight, the eight, one seven, two locations a globeal life field, they got one in Mansfield. They're in fort Worth and Arlington. If you hear that all the time, you're like, yeah, I get it. Hurtado's great family recipes, mexicu at Texas Rangers games, lines around the building, Yes, I get it. They're epic. But they're not in Dallas. Well they are now because there is a new Hurtado Barbecue location in Dallas at the farmers Market and skin. Why is going down to that farmer market in grabbing Hurtado such a magical combination. Well, sorry to term my mic on because I'm a dumb ass. Well, it's a fantastic location, Ben, it's a cool spot. They got a great bar. There's activity all around it from the farmers market. That's all finding good love all that. The food is even better And if you've had her Tato in the eight one seven. Just know they have special menu items exclusively at that Farmer's Market location as well. So if you're a true Hurtado aficionado, you need to go to all the locations, make sure to hit this Farmer's Market location this weekend because it is their official big grand open. All right, we'll talk about this a little bit more moving forward. But if you like the when you hear us talk about our advertising partners, if you can tell that we're all friends, that they're truly a part of the Ben and Skin family, that's how we roll. So if you are a business owner or you have influence in the marketing decisions that your business makes, and you want to partner with us the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven to one the Eagle or iHeart, iHeart, you can do at send me, send me an email, We'll get the discussion started. It's Ben at Benandskin dot com. Ben at Benanskin dot com. We'd love to help you grow your business like we've helped so many different businesses here on the Eagle. We will get back into the SNL cast member bracket. We were just feverishly, uh, you know, deciding winners and showdowns during the commercial break, so we can fit it all into one segment coming up next.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Listeners, here comes kt FOR tweets. Were around, Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: Kt F tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah dude, but before we get to all the sports, because we're kind of messing things. We're messing with things a little bit today. Uh, there's no formal today game on this Valentine's Day, but there is one candidate that I wanted to her. This is a guy who is a media mogul. He's been doing everything radio TV for many years. Rupert Murdoch. He you know, not Rupert Murdock. That's not Mike Doosey. It's his birthday. The guy no no radio and TV. Oh yeah, dude. This guy's done sports. He's done you know, he's covered six Olympics. Jale Anson. This guy has been around Matt Lauer. He's known for a lot of different things.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He is seventy seven today, Happy birthday to legendary media man Pat O'Brien. Garrett. We turned my audio up here here we go, Here we go, now, Zachra, that was wild. How big are you bet right now, I'm partly at about two hundred pounds. That's a little chicken nugget to compare to me four seventy nine you, but you know, I was more of a three technique in the middle of the life. I didn't know you played. I thought you were just a big guy.
Speaker 6: I never played, but I had, but it would have been a three technique, maybe nose tag or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, what is the wildest thing you've ever done? The veggas bat? For me? It was a threesome?
Speaker 5: Sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Who are the other two guys you're making fun at?
Speaker 6: Hope?
Speaker 2: Now? I forgot there was an extra person, To be honest.
Speaker 7: With you, I just can't even begin to imagine that you're going to town and you look up and there's a third That is crazy to be my peripheral.
Speaker 2: I picked it up and realized it was almost suffocating. I totally neglected who did you degleect? I forgot that I was in a threesome. That is the craziest but that I've ever heard of my whole life. Who is probably the smart option because it's a little younger. How you spell that? Could you spell that for me? Jason? I want to write this. Yeah, I want to hear it too. What spell what p U K N A C U A interesting? Hold on? Hold on p U K about what is it? K? There's a Q, p U K A P and then there's a dad right after that in a C you A. Well, you're not an expert. I'm asking Jason, are you sure that's accurate? That's what he says? Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeh, Jason, what do you expect? On said? There you go. Pat O'Brien. You look at the Career World series and he did it all. We didn't even get into the voice messages with Betsy. Shout out to Betsy, but he was great. Those are all interesting. Yeah, I need to find this. How Ever, time is he booking? I have to you didn't know anything about the team. We're writing down this funny name. I gotta find this. Why am I on the show? I don't know anything? Stupid to say? Hold on, I want to write. So our guy, Pat O'Brien, he worked at CBS for a long time, but in two thousand and five he okay, so these these voicemails leaked out and there was a primetime special. I'm going to find this. This might be my weekend homework assignment. Twis the five. He did a talk show, a primetime special on CBS with Doctor Phil. Oh, god, are you serious? Just talking about his alcohol and drug abuse and you know, the voicemails and all that stuff. And then the next day he returned to the show the Insider that he was on he signed a new deal as the host of the show. So he goes on it like they're like, hey, man, if you'll do the Doctor Phil thing primetime special, signed the contract tomorrow. But that's crazy to have Doctor Phil's voice Saren pad O'Brien's voice together on a prime time special. I just we could not celebrate pad O'Brien on this God day. Yeah, well done. Uh.
Speaker 1: In terms of sports, look, bad news continues to rain down for the Mavericks. Gafford's out for six weeks, yet the team on the court continues to win. In fact, if they hadn't lost on a overtime buzzer beater, then would this be a five six game winning streak?
Speaker 2: Five game winning streak. How in the midst of chaos and the okay and the two losses that separate it from being a that would have been a six game win streak if because the Philly game they lost at the very end. Remember it was a that was it nause that didn't get a good shot up. I can't remember how that thing ended. But yeah, so they've had two at the end of the game losses and aside from that, they keep winning. Dude, I can't believe how out of his head Kessler Edwards is played. The minor league maps were on last night. The fun that was before the game.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd found out that Kay wasn't going to play, and then found out Klay wasn't going to play, and I was like, all right, they're waving the white flag. And then when I got down there, I found out uh, Andrew Wiggins and Bam weren't playing for Miami. I was like, all right, so this is going to be fun. Because whenever it's a game like that where all the expectations go completely out the window, I know that it's it's carte blanche for our broadcast to go completely unhinged so we can start making it really weird. So we made the broadcast weird. And then on top of that, you have a bunch of guys that like dude, it is so much fun rooting for Brandon Williams. The Mavericks are rolling with three two way guys. They they had great games from two two way guys last night, and his follow up brought up He's like, man, we're starting to run out of games at Brandon Williams is even eligible to play in because you can only play in a certain number of games games. So they got to the All Star Break winning four out of five. They are at least gonna have PJ. Washington Junior back on the other side of the All Star Break. These guys are going to get a one week rest and then they're gonna give it another And I think they.
Speaker 2: First came back as like New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I went I think I might read on things. I'm worried that we probably won't see a d till next year. I don't know that obviously. I'm just I'm not.
Speaker 2: Hearing Stein today.
Speaker 1: I read Stein today, and there's some optimism. There's it's it's super guarded, it's guarded, and you know, but there is optimism. But uh, I think we're not going to see him. We're not going to see Gafford. What are we going to see Lively Lively. I think Lively and Gafford are probably going to return around the same time. Okay, so it's very possible that you are without a D, Lively and Gafford until the playoffs until Yeah, I think I expect Lively to be back first, probably, I mean, who knows about a D. But like if they said, hey, we're going to put a plan together on Monday, and then four days later they haven't said anything, I think that tells you what you need to know. Yeah, I think it's probably they're just going, all right, there's no sense in having Ad have surgery now, because we may be able to let him have surgery after the season and maybe he heals up. I think that's probably what they're doing based on what Stein is saying. But then Lively gets back, and then I think Gafford gets back with about a week and a half of the season left, and so if they just stay in playoff contention, they're going to put a pretty good playoff team together that nobody's going to want to play if Ad is back.
Speaker 2: No, I mean even without a D. I mean, I think if they have their full lineup without Ad, no one wants to see that team. I wouldn't I Suarezelle wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they it's amazing that they continue to win despite being so shorthanded and despite the tornado that they're living in with the trade of Luca or protests and all the chaos surrounding this, and you think about it, you're like, Okay, who deserves credit?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: They they deserve credit for constructing Rock a roster of so many good pieces, so many good pieces, And Jay Kidd deserves credit. If they were if they had quit or haven't given up, or if they had given up, we would be talking about, oh Kid lost the team.
Speaker 2: Dude. They're competing their asses off every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's an uphill battle, and that that's why I'm like, I'll put it to you like this, even without a d Let's say both teams are fully healthy. The Mavericks are better than the Lakers. Oh yeah, I mean, I really don't. It gets close. Now the Lakers have Lebron and Luca. I think if the MAVs squared off against the Lakers, you'd get Luca would average fifty in.
Speaker 2: The that's everything created good.
Speaker 1: I hope that never happens for the for his career. I never want I don't want to. I don't want that to happen. Yeah, we've we've seen what happens when you take the ball away from him when he's trying to talk to the ref and he murders your franchise and it stares at you in the free throw line.
Speaker 2: Then wasn't to the Jazz the other night made me go, Okay, they're they may not make the playoffs. They go. They've got a good head start though they're I think they're fourth or fifth.
Speaker 1: They're fifth right now. They've got a pretty sizable cushion above. I think Clippers are six, so they would have to fall apart to fall out of the planet.
Speaker 2: Like fall apart.
Speaker 1: Luca is gonna treat the MAVs like they've broke into his house and stole one hundred and ten million dollars like it, like it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna He's gonna play them with a vengeance. We will see it in two weeks.
Speaker 1: I know, but we're I don't think we're seeing full power Luca in two weeks because I think this is a wake up call for him personally to go get in the best shape of his life.
Speaker 2: He's not there.
Speaker 1: Yet No, And he's he's got a full week off, right, that should help him quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that should help him quite a bit. Oh and and you know it's gonna god, it's gonna be god.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a he's gonna feel so conflicted because he's gonna be furious with Nico and the Mavericks for trading him. But those are his brothers. He's not gonna have hatred for the guys on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I understand what you're saying. I think he can flip that switch no matter who's on the other I mean, I think he can flip that switch on Jokich if he had to. Right, It is a killer. That's what makes him spec Yeah, he's a cold special all right. Anything else we need to say, No, man, I do want.
Speaker 2: To say this.
Speaker 1: I want us to all tip our caps to the great Jeff skin Wade. Oh yeah, I like, you just had an incredible week all the games, you know, doing all the pregames, game broadcast, post games, You've taken on so many other things, and you know, poor spacing in addition to the radio show. I just have immense respect for everyone in the MAVs organization for going through the stress. I don't care if you're in ticket sales, I don't care if you're in sponsorship.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You know what department you're in.
Speaker 1: Your phone has been blown up and the whole world is coming at you with negativity. And it means a lot that the team has won these games because I think it helps immensely. I think everyone in the organization is looking forward to President's Day, Yes day off. All right, coming up next, let's get back into the SNL cast member bracket. Part two is next. So been in Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle want to remind everybody that even though the MAVs are on an All Star break, we are still here with your MAVs Minute brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny Amphitheater. I want a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater coming to McKinny in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: It is All Star break. Kyrie Irving will be there.
Speaker 1: He will be doing his thing in San Francisco representing the Dallas Mavericks. Then they'll have a week off next week and they come back a week from tonight to start the stretch run for the playoffs. Huge win last night undermanned against the Miami Heat, and they have won four or five despite all of these injuries and a center rotation currently of and Kessler Edwards Who to thunk It. Check out all the details at Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a fire pit suite or join the ape Man Club at the Sunset of McKinney Amphitheater coming in twenty twenty six. Now we're in the middle of our SNL cast member bracket. Katie is running this thing in honor of SNL's fifty year anniversary. There's a streaming concert tonight and then on Sunday Night. The live three hour special on Live from New York at Sunday Night for the fifty year anniversary is Sarday Night Live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very weird. So you know, tons of SNL content. Got a bracket, sixty four teams in it. We got through a lot about an hour ago. We'll put the podcast up on the free iHeartRadio app. So let's pick it up round two. We're whittled down to thirty two now. Jason sidekis who off air beat John Lovetts and Phil Hartman took down Christopher Guest. So number seven Jason sadakas number two Phil Hartman. This is tough, not for me. Wow, Phil Hartman was incredible for a long time. But I've thought about this a lot, and I think Jason Sidekas has made me laugh more. Okay, this is tough, but.
Speaker 1: Sidekas has gone on to do a lot afterwards.
Speaker 2: Right yep.
Speaker 1: And Phil Hartman's wife killed him. Phil Hartman was so massively important. But I think of things like Caveman Lawyer, and I think of Sadekas. I think of him doing the running Man in the you know where as opposed to like having some lead. Sadekas does not have a single moment as iconic as Caveman Frozen frozen cats, walking around McDonald's taking cheeseburgers out of people's hands. And then what about what wasn't he wasn't uh? When Franken was Kevin Neal and Frankenstein and he was he was Frankenstein. Yeah, dude, Phil Hartman, Phil Hartman for me, But but rest in peace. Jason sidekis okay, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Number three Chris Farley, who beat Kyle Mooney, is this going to be abolution Farley O. It's number six, Fred Armison, it's Chris Farley. For me, it's Fred Armison, and I get it. It's close. For me it's Armiston.
Speaker 1: It is closer than people would think because Fred Armison, dude him as Prance is so good. But Farley, I think is Farley has a shot at being on the mount rushmore of this thing. I'm gonna go Farley.
Speaker 2: No one owned a room like Chris Farley. Number five, Bill Hayter, he beat Chris parneldige in. It's number four. Jane Curtin. Yeah, Bill Hayter, without a doubt. And I would say maybe underseated at five. Number eight, Molly Shannon, number one, Gilda Radner, Gilder Radner for me with Gilda, yeah, Kilda all right? Good? Number seven David Spade, number two, Kristin Wigg Christen Wigg same here, Ri really not close right there? Sort of Spade? Who did Spade beat in the first round? He beat on a guest ire to get in. It's a tough one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're just ushering Kristin Wig wherever she needs to go with the seating.
Speaker 2: Kristen Wig beat Beck Bennett. Number three, Mike Myers against number six Chevy Chase. It's gotta be Mike Myers.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Chevy Chase was great, but he was on for one season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just you look at the number of things, number of sketches. Yeah, it's not even close. And honestly, like you probably give chevy Chase points for being the breakout star to get the thing over the top when it launched, but again one year compared to Mike Myers dominated for what a decade? How long was that in that show? He was so good and so many of his things turned into movies. Yeah, so all right.
Speaker 2: Number four Adam Sandler, Number five, Maya Rudolph. I know who you boys are gonna choose. I would go Maya Rudolph. I'm Adam Sandler easily. Here, I'm going Adam Sandler, but it is close for me. Number one John Belushi, Number eight, Kevin Nielan Belushi. All right, there you go. Just Belushi's eyebrow rais alone. Other side, it's Kevin Nielan. Number seven, eighty Bryant, Number two, Dana Carvey. That's Dany Carvey. Number three, Bill Murray, number six, Andy Samberg, Bill Murray, Bill Murray, Bill Ghostbustin Ass Murray number four, Amy Poehler, Number twelve, Norm MacDonald. It's gotta be Amy. I will take Amy, Amy Pohler.
Speaker 1: I love Norm, but Amy Poehler had a bigger impact on that show than Norm.
Speaker 2: Day. Yes one Legged Gal pregnant, Girl at the Bar and I've been on week Day and say, hell of a run on Weekday. Up Day, Eddie Murphy Number one, Cecily Strong number eight, Bye Cecily. Yeah, this is a you know, I think we kind of know where a lot of this are going to go. Number two, dan Ackroyd Number ten, Sherry O Terry God, dan Ackroyd. Yeah, dan ackroy Wait, even though I'm not like a huge Danackroyd fan, but yes, Number three, Tina fa Number six, Tracy Morgan, A thirty rock battle. It's gotta be Tina Fay, but it's a fun battle. Tina Fey. Yeah, I get.
Speaker 1: I mean she's mostly I think of her as Weekday Update.
Speaker 2: She didn't Sarah Palin. I still think. Yeah, the Sarah Palin thing was one that was really huge, but like her contributions were greater as a writer. Yeah, I've always thought she was a little overrated as a cast member, but I'll take her over Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's got so many historic Weekday moments, Weekday Update moments.
Speaker 2: Number four, Keenan Thompson. It's number five, Kate McKinnon, Kate McKinnon, Kate McKinnon. I would go Kate McKinnon two, but Keenan is real great. Chris Arnold said, that's a close one, and that's why Keenan Thompson's real great. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. Number one one? Wait are you second guessing that? No? No, all right, now, I think Kate McKinnon's argument is best female cast member and ironic when you said it. Yeah, but if she was a guy, she would be different. Yeah. I don't know what has that bracket? Are we gonna do it? Number one? Number one? Will Ferrell, Number nine, Jimmy Fallon. Oh this is a slaughter, Okay Will Ferrell? All right? Sweet sixteen, plenty of time? Number two, Phil Hartman. Number three, Chris Farley. It's Chris Farley, and to me, it's not close. I think it.
Speaker 1: Here's what I no, No, here's what I think I think this is. I think Chris Farley either one's great. Of course that's worth that point of the tournament.
Speaker 2: But I think part of.
Speaker 1: And I know you're a historian of it, so I'm not second guessing that. But Phil Hartman in his prime, you weren't even born yet, you know, and so it hit you differently when you're experiencing it in real time.
Speaker 2: Chris Farley is my first cast remembering things. So but I'm not saying that to discredit Chris Farley to Ben point. Is Ben's point, Chris Farley is amazing. For me, it's Phil Hartman, but I understand.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I experienced both, and I just think Farley had the magic. Phil Hartman was awesome, but he didn't he couldn't take it to the level Farley could.
Speaker 2: Chris Farley advances Phil Hartman. Good luck, buddy, number five, Gil, I'm sorry, Number five, Bill Hayter, Number one, Gilda Radner. Look, I'm a Bill Hayter guy. I'm Bill Hater guy too, And like Bill Hayter, also with severe anxiety, was asked to do so many just cold opens because he had straight man and energy too. When he wasn't stealing the show, he could do that. You know what you do or at least.
Speaker 1: What I do on some of these matchups is immediately go to iconic moments or iconic cares. And I think we can disagree on this. The most iconic Gilda Radner character was Roseanne Rosanna Dana, right, and she had the exact same role that Stefan had on Weekday Update. And I think Stefan is so much funnier than Roseanne Rosanna Dana.
Speaker 2: It's like that alone to me, wins it. Yeah, all right, good, there you go later. Number two, Kristin Wig. Number three, Mike Myers. I'll take Christin Wig in this same here I was. That's a tough matchup, but yeah, those are some hitters right there, dude, that's a good matchup.
Speaker 1: Like I would say this too stylistically, Like Mike Myers is great.
Speaker 2: He's kind of corny el Canadian going on there.
Speaker 1: And Chris Kristen Wig is just like so effed out there. That character with the tiny hands, Oh my god, she's uh, she's she's almost Will Barrel quality on the female side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be physical too, you know.
Speaker 1: And if you have not seen Will and Harper, dude, she's in it, huh. She so basically Will Ferrell calls her and says, can you write a theme song for us? And so as they're driving across country, they stake her with writing the theme song and then she won't return their call. And I don't want to give anything away, but just stick around till the end because it is amazing. So she in you know, she does the grocery checkout Lady, which is awesome. She does the she does the she can't hold a surprise party, she can't hold a secret?
Speaker 2: So good. I mean, there's up.
Speaker 1: But what about the thing she does with Fred Armison where they sing together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good man. She's going to be tough to beat. In the whole tournament, uh Garth and Kit John Belushi won Adam Sandler four Blushy Belushi al was Blushi on the show? What's that? How long was Belushi on the show? He was on the show? It was the first year, nineteen seventy five, because I mean he was on the show from nineteen seventy five to nineteen seventy nine. Both of those guys were not on the show as long as people think, right, Belushi was four years right? Maybe maybe I would like to I would like to know that. I think he was on the show. I think he was on the show until they had the cast chain. He was four four seasons. Sadler was on for I think Samler was me. Sadler was five seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both awesome, both incredibly awesome. But Belushi just had that presence to where just walking out onto the set had people cracking up. He was basically what Chris Farley aspired to be John Belushi.
Speaker 2: There you go, Sorry Sandler, Sorry sam Man. Look forward to Happy Gilmore too, though. Number three Bill Murray. Number two Dana Carvey Bill Murray for me. God, that is so hard. It's Dana Carvey for me. But that's an age thing I would imagine because there's tons of Bill Murray stuff I've obviously missed. You know what. Hold on a second.
Speaker 1: I know it's hard, dude, because when I think of Bill Murray, I'm thinking of his overall work, all was movies and everything. I'm just like, who doesn't love Bill Murray? But specifically to SNL, what were his best characters? So basically the boyfriend to Gilda Radner when he gave her a noogie lounge singer lounge singer is amazing.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna I'm gonna reverse my vote.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Dana Carvey because just he had I think obviously Bill Murray's had a better overall career, but I think on SNL, Dana Carvey. My favorite Bill Murray moment on Saturday Night Live was when he came back as a host.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they did the Hercules movie.
Speaker 1: I think that's maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen on the history and the history of Saturday Night Live. When Hercules said he just needed a moment to stretch his back out. And then when that girl goes the legs, Hercules lived with the legs.
Speaker 2: So Dana Carvey takes down Bill Murray and we will continue in an hour. Woosive Now as all do well, Yeah, like five forty ish, we'll get this. Well, we have time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get to eight four, We'll be in good shape. Wowkay, don't miss that. Coming up next though, it is Valentine's Day, so we have a special edition of The Love Shack. Take your pants off and stand by. This is coming your way next. Oh yes, all right, Happy Friday, everybody. It's a world famous Ben and Skin show. Happy Valentine's Day two Coming up in the big finish, we will have the conclusion of our SNL cast member bracket. This has been a blast, and this is because this is celebrating the fiftieth season, the.
Speaker 2: Family fiftieth season, So they're having a big celebration Sunday night at seven on NBC with a red carpet show at six. But it's also Daytona Daytona Sunday. Oh, goy, real quick for a second kind of g money your big Daytona guys, we're in NASCAR gear promote your podcast. Dude.
Speaker 5: Yes, So I do a podcast with my college buddies. One of them is I actually met what's it called Hi Handsome Nascar. We're on Spotify only. We started on SoundCloud. We moved to Spotify, so we talked solely about NASCAR. Every once in a while, we'll throw in some f one big racing, but it's mostly Nascar.
Speaker 2: Three guys, three guys. Are you the high one, the wide one of the handsome one? I don't know, we haven't. We haven't.
Speaker 1: So basically all three of the guys think they're the handsome ones basically got it.
Speaker 5: But two of us we went to college together at ou and we've been to Bristol Motor Speedway for playoff rights. And we just went to Talladega this past year, we gone to this Motor Speedway. They've gone to Charlotte Motor Speedway. So our ultimate goal here is to try to get to Daytona five hundred by next year or seven.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's do it. Go fund me for jew money.
Speaker 5: It's spend the whole week down there for speed week and everything and just campound the camp ground and field and.
Speaker 1: Just do drugs. Yeah, man, do all the drugs. Me and Ben took in Daytona. Yeah it's a badass. Yeah, yep, we're Daytona veterans. He was high and I was wide. All right, this is the world famous been in skin show. A Happy Friday, everybody. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It is located in Plano, Texas, at Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, tavern style, New York style pizza, and readers of The Dallas Morning News voted Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano the best pizzeria in all of DFW that's a huge honor.
Speaker 2: Skin.
Speaker 1: If somebody was looking for something special for Valentine's Day, either tonight or stopping by this weekend, why should they try Andrews American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's a great place to take your host.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Five different styles, like you mentioned, and so let's say you roll up in there with multiple host and they all like a different style of pizza. Andrews got it on lock Man. Some of these people like Detroit style, some like Chicago, some like the Brooklyn style, some like the Philly tavern, the Dallas style. It's also good, great pasta ishes and an incredible bar, oh my goodness, including Rollertown beer Works on tap. That's the brewery. Ben and I are partners in up there in Salon. It can't be beat Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. Welcome to the Love Shack.
Speaker 3: Baby, it's getting ladies and the white males be nice to you.
Speaker 2: To the Love Shack, Lady, life gets crazy. You need two sexers rolling out.
Speaker 4: Sweeze girl, let me handle the Man problems for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a guy who runs a website. His name is bill Board like b O R E D b O A R D okay billboard dot com, and he put out his fifty greatest love song rock Love Songs of all Time? Oh, Rock Love Songs of all Time? Smell the Glove? Is that on there? I don't think playing some clips with that? I was like, you know, we start playing some music, can't with podcast? It's so okay. So we'll get to the top ten and lock in on that. But here's some honorable mentions that I saw on the list that did jump out to me. If we ask you, will you sing it? Sure? Okay? Thirty one The Monkeys Daydream Believer. Nope, I'm a believer. I'm a believer, which ever one knows from Shrek right? Yeah, I believe. Thirty for fighters. Oh it's ever long, ever long. Yeah. I would have that my top ten. I think twenty five. I think that's from the Rumors album Fleetwood Mac You Make Loving Fun? Is that song about? What's that song about?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: On there? Do you want to know? I would love to know.
Speaker 1: So basically Christine McVie, who sings that song was having an affair with the light technician, and when her husband, who is the bass player in Fleetwood Mac John mcvee, said, what is this song about, she's said, it's about our dog.
Speaker 2: That's the true story.
Speaker 1: She wrote a song about the affairs she was having with the light tech and told her husband, who was in the band, that it was a song about their dog.
Speaker 2: How did the light tech score that?
Speaker 1: Mean, here's like holding the lights over there and there's like he bulging.
Speaker 2: He was on like Willem d'fo gosh, can you make loving fun? Is about a dog? By the way, it's not even a good excuse. I think that song is kind of beat. I mean, I love Fleetwood Mac, but that's not in my top fifty. That's a great love song at twenty five best rock love song according to Bill Borden twenty the Smiths. There's a light that never goes out. I mean there is a light that goes out.
Speaker 1: So that's a song about a gay man that claims to be asexual.
Speaker 2: What is he singing to there? Yeah, I'm not sure y'all know that bit right.
Speaker 1: Morcy would admit that he was gay, so he said he was a it's a great claim.
Speaker 2: It gets you off like it gets you off everyone radar. Yeah, no one's even questioning.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, when he does, when he does a live show, there's shirtless men lifting him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is this guy going to Dayton or is he going to Gaytona? We don't really know, right, That's very good number nineteen, Ben, This is one of your jams. You're always playing it for me foreigner. I want to know what love is.
Speaker 1: That is a great song, and I do want to know what love is. I want to question it while I listen to that. My wife loves that song. It's so weird that she got older and suddenly the music she hated when she was a kid is now her favorite stuff.
Speaker 2: But she loves that song.
Speaker 1: That was slow Dance City right there, man, back when your first slow dancing or hold nands at a roller rink.
Speaker 2: That song was big and tape it down at that age. Yeah, for sure. Eighteen. I absolutely adore this song. Never Tear Us Apart by an Excess. Oh that's a bad song. That's interesting. Do they have love? Will Never Tear Us Apart? By Joy division on? There didn't get in there? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know that inexcess song, Don't You Ben. It's like a big, booming, kind of sixty sounding.
Speaker 2: Ballads, like another gay element on euphoria when the dad Oh yeah, slow dances. Yeah, weird creepy songs seventeen Harvest Moon by Neil Young, so creepy, Happy Together by The Turtles fourteen Man, that songs a beating what happy to o the Turtles? Okay you love that? So you like it? As Polyphonics pre covered it? No, okay, they're covered it all right. I think I like this is a Mario commercial growing up? Is that right? But I just thought it was a creepy song. I just like that. How's it go? Oh yeah, yeah, Actually I'm wrong. That is a good illa. That's a song. No no, no, no, no no no so happy thirteen This song, oh da, I don't like this one. This is like getting spanked bye because of punishment. Maybe I'm amazed by Paul McCartney. Yeah, I think I dig that song, dude. Yeah, Talking Heads number eleven. This must be the place. Oh cool, beautiful love that one. No, no, it's you would know it.
Speaker 1: It's it was in Wall Street right, oh okay, when they're decorating the apartments. I think he's Yeah, they're doing all the decorating of remember that yet Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Ten can't help falling in Love by Elvis. I can't help falling in or underwear. Do you like that better than Everlasting Love? I think I do? Okay. Nine g n R Baby Mister Brownstones, No Sweet Child of Mine? Yep, that a love song.
Speaker 1: I guess he's he sounds like he's reaching the ultimate heights.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. DJ Shippy should get some credit because I do notice this from time to time. But happened last night. MAVs came out of the second half a little sluggish and then time out. You know we're about to come back to play. How about Welcome to the Jungle? He fire that up, the crowd got into it and then a huge run, and then Chris Harnold ran on the court and started throwing out T shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had kind of older Gilf and leather pants, like gyrating to it, you know, taking her to her prime.
Speaker 2: I was like, did you see the crowd just ramp up for the song that we play Sometimes it's kind of weird. Oh number eight, I don't know this one because the Night by Patti Smith, Because the Night Belongs to Love. It was written by Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Patty don't see a lot of Patty's anymore. If if if we were to play it, you guys would recognize it.
Speaker 2: Seven, You guys would not know this great song Still into You by Paramore. Six Your song by Elton John. I don't know what I think I know. We would know it if we heard it. Can you hummet? I don't know this one. It's I guarantee you when I'm not a big Elton John like celebrator. I don't even care how to leave on in my head, but I your song. It's your song, no, not mine. Number five Peter Gabrielle your huh. That's badass. It's a great song for the cure. It is hold on, don't tell me, tell me tell me No. I think it's going to be pictures.
Speaker 6: It makes it seem Jesus want to make you sing, show me out, and I promise you promised that I'll run away with you.
Speaker 2: I'll just is that just like heavy? Okay, I help with this one. Number three something by the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Thing and that's it's a George It's one of the George Harrison ones. It's fantastic. It's ah some and now I'm hearing another song. I'm sorry you would know it immediately.
Speaker 2: Number two Maps by the Yeah, yeah, yeahs are you serious? Well Maps? It's a great song, but it's really I don't know. Billboard's got a while. Yeah, I kind of said noon. Number one Heroes by David Bowie. That's number one. Yeah, this sounds like a Berlin Wall thing. Uh you know heroes. Yeah, I know, heroes. I didn't think it was like A and I. I can be king, we can be heroes just.
Speaker 1: For one day and I had the time of my life.
Speaker 2: I the rock, you know, it's the rock element. So let me just say that I do love a lot of that man's sensibilities.
Speaker 1: I mean, those are songs I love. I just would have thought he would have gone with different ones.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that would be number one rock love song of all time. Heroes. I don't think of it as that, But there's apparently like a love story about the Berlin wool and so that is he was over there and she was over there and then climbed it.
Speaker 1: That is during David Bowie's Berlin trilogy. So when he decided he went he made three records with Brian Eno in Berlin and they did and that was on I believe the second record of the Berlin Trilogy. But that song's amazing, dude. It gives me chills. It's a great song. And that to your rock sex playlist for tonight. Everyone there you go. Happy Valentine's Day, everybody, all right? Coming up next in the big finish, which hopefully is the same way you conclude the day's events and celebrate Valentine's Day. Coming up next, we will finish our SNL cast member bracket.
Speaker 2: That's next to Ben and Skin shown some point one the Eagle. I hope you have wonderful Valentine's Day plans with the leve of your life. If you currently are loveless, then do something special for yourself. And you know what, we would recommend taking that ass to Rollertown Beer Works in Solna, Texas. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there. We're very proud of what's going on at Rollertown. We're gonna be expanding to Frisco by the end of the year, but currently tonight for Valentine's Day, Hooptye Tacos if you want to go throw down on some tacos and some fresh cold beer. We currently have twenty beers fresh local beer on tap at the brewery as well as all the different places in town where we carry it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Hoopedie Tacos is one of my favorite food trucks that we have.
Speaker 2: But it's not a truck. It's one of those that guy's gonna kill me.
Speaker 1: But it's one of those old school like Lincolns with suicide doors or whatever. It's like it sits super low to the ground. That's why he calls it that uh huh. It's some badass car and he serves tacos out of it and he pulls around a trailer and makes tacos out of the trailer. But it's like one of the coolest cars you've ever seen in cool and it's pulling a food truck and the tacos are insanely good.
Speaker 2: Sounds magically. Yeah, dude, I know where I'm going. Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you can't get up to Rollertown, where a place is like Fortunate Son, Good Friend, both truck yards in Dallas and the Colony Pluckers Kanye roso so many different places. If you go to your favorite spot and they don't have a beer from Rollertown. We see probably the big german is the one that's out there the most ask for it. Tell them, hey, carry this, Me and my friends will come drink it. Rollertown Beer Works in Solina, Texas. But right now it is time for this.
Speaker 2: I kill that shocking.
Speaker 5: I get a question with the do y'all have it out the Cosmo? Are y'all there at Cosmo?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Huh, what's that? What is that? What about the Cosmo? CAUSEM cause them, Oh, Cosm, we need to get it at Cosm.
Speaker 1: We're working on Yeah, God would love to be there. That's one of my favorite plays. Tell doctor Cosm, we need to be there. And there a drink called Cosmo. Yeah, it's a Cosmopolitan.
Speaker 2: And then Cosmo was famously Kramer's actual name, right, Cosmo Kramer. I mean, the promotions for that was like, We're gonna find out Kramer's name Thursday Night on Seinfeld and there's a kid being like, what if it's just Kramer? I don't like Kramer is a weird name. Kramer Kramer? Yeah, I don't see Kramer's you know, if he didn't do that rant on that stand up act that night. I bet there would be a lot of people with the first name Kramer. But what that happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is a better name, Dick Butkis or Paula Kramer. You're talking about the golfer Paula Kramer, Yeah, and the football player Dick Butkis. That is kind of your super Bowl matchup of Valentine's Day names. Yeah, right, because that Dick butt kiss pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then everybody want to hang out with Paula Kramer. Yeah, well, yeah, because she's good at golf. So we got five of the Elite eight. End we got to finish that the SNL cast member bracket. Yep, we left you off with Dana Carvey sneaking in past Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: It was a good it was a really good matchup. But I think again we are leaning in on what they strictly did on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: Number one, Eddie Murphy, Number four, Amy Pohler, it's Eddie Murphy for me. I would agree, man, man, yeah, dude, it's it's gotta be Eddie. But it's close.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, I I very few, very few cast members I hold in higher regard than Amy Pohler.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for us white guys, it comes down to do we want to be sexist?
Speaker 2: Racist? Yeah? Both? Number two Dan Aykroyd. Number three Tina Fa. I think way higher of Amy Poehler than Tina Fa in terms of what did on the show. Agreed, I do too.
Speaker 1: I'll go Dan Aykroyd because his ability to be the straight man and just look like a normal white guy on TV and then be absolutely insane was so much fun and so critical to launching this thing.
Speaker 2: You speaking of the insane.
Speaker 1: There was very few things at the time that were more culturally relevant than his Julia Child, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bleeding everywhere. She so good.
Speaker 1: It's a funny bit. It's a big giant white guy doing it. God was he was He also Jane you ignorant slut?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was on the news desk and then uh Blues Brothers and and that was part of the show. I wasn't a big fan of, but he was the guy who would got you know, he could just be a standard white guy. So they're doing an ad for Romcos bag of glass or something like that, dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's playing with all these toys. Yeah, Okay, Dan Aykroyd. Yeah, yeah, I think I think so that's fair. Original cast member too, right. Number one, Will Ferrell, Number five, Kate McKinnon. I mean it's Will Ferrell ferrels. Yeah, I think it is all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go. And probably because she, you know, cried at the piano Elita. Yeah, it was a bad thing. They all want that back way. What was that?
Speaker 1: After she didn't like the way a presidential election went, she cried out a piano.
Speaker 2: Now Lauren didn't have to allow it to happen. Yeah, so it wasn't funny. Number three Chris Farley, Number five, Bill Hayter. We'll wait to the point we have to go one two three and say what we're thinking. So we're like, yeah, okay, I think so one two three? What you say I was? I was giving. I was trying to set up the test rut of one two three say it, say it, but it would be Farley. So all right, all right, Chris Farley, boy Bill Hayter apparently not going to be there Sunday night. So who reported that I don't want to sign? Was it for a reason like a naighthtark. He's just not in the thing. He probably doesn't want to do it because he's like, ah, I got anxiety.
Speaker 1: Or probably tripping out over his living situation with that comedian.
Speaker 2: Yeah house, isn't he with the gal from bally Wong? Yeah? Number one, John Belushi, Number two, Kristin Wig. Wow, what a matchup. I just want to say it. Yeah, get one, two three? All right dude, that was a hell of a matchup. Anonymously, yeah, unanimously, and we were not going to let anyone hear that? Right? All right? Who will get in the final four? Well, Kristen Wig and Chris Farley are into the final four. They're on one half of the final four. Eddie Murphy versus Dana Carvey.
Speaker 1: Ah, Eddie Murphy for me, Well that's close though, God's close.
Speaker 2: Okay. See how many years Eddie Murphy on? I bet he was a hold on.
Speaker 1: I can tell you. I think Eddie Murphy was on for four years? Four years.
Speaker 2: That's about Dana. Dana Carvey was on for seven years. We got Buckwheat, we got Gumby.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind as you factor this in, if it was not for Eddie Murphy, Saturday Night Live would have been on for six years.
Speaker 2: Mister Robinson's neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. He single handedly saved the show. I'm going Eddie Murphy, Eddie Murphy, I'm going Edward Murphy. One of the greatest, greatest black Irish comedians of all time is the Irish Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: Number two, Dan Aykroyd, Number one, Will Ferrell one two three. This is the matchup we all wanted. Final four Number two Kristin Wig number three Chris Farley one two three Kristen Wig. Really really he count He combined wow and really wow. Really, it's kind of like Lowry's Wig Wow over Farley. I know where the skill. None of you want to take it back? Well, she's the best cast member of the two. I don't know. I don't want to take it back. Chippindale's keep going down by the River, Keep going Van the Chris Farley Show.
Speaker 1: That was so good Remember that time? Yea man, Why do you hate Christen Wig?
Speaker 2: Though? I love her, but sounds like it. I don't even think she's the best female cast member they've ever had.
Speaker 1: Gilda Radner, who would be, Hey McKennon, I take Kristin WII over Kate McKennon.
Speaker 2: I would do I would do, but it's close. I think most would. But just because of their homophobia, you act like Kristen Wigg is hetero. Hsh, she's married.
Speaker 1: You'll see a man and he's gay.
Speaker 2: Oh he's blind. Yeah, yeah, that's right, Cynthia. Number one, William Farrell, number two one, number one, Eddie Murphy one two three, Will Ferrell, Will Ferrell, y'all are gonna regret that because when the people show up. Let's take a look at Will Ferrell here. I'll see how long he was on the show, because I do think that kind of.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the show that wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for Eddie Murphy's So then why I have a bracket?
Speaker 2: Just give everything to the opening pass that started it. You're saying we can't get rid of one of the presidents on Mount Rushmore and changing, but a new one up there. I mean, come on, man, I I would just add Trump. So there were five. We should actually be a thumb. It is funny. I call it the Rushmore Trump Mountain. Seven seasons for Will Ferrell, sixty seven impressions, including one from way back in the day where he was Benjamin nettan Yahoo it's crazy boy. I doubt that holds up. He was so great as Janet Reno. This is his his audition where he's like, get off the shed. Oh so good, get down from the shed. First episode he's in. That guy was like the leading sketch, A new guy. His sketch. That documentary on Peacock. I've been telling you about the four part of the first one, just them watching their auditions. It's so good and his is perfect. He gets down on the ground like a cat and plays with the ball of the yarn. It's so funny. Got the crazy look in his eyes. So that sets it up for one. Will Ferrell's number two, Kristin Wig. There's your winner, Will Ferrell, right, not for me.
Speaker 1: This is a Spike vote Sinceadie Murphy got shafted, So you're going with.
Speaker 2: Kristin Wick.
Speaker 1: I absolutely am Ben Roger. This is the vote I never wanted to have to make. You know, this is like choose never Gonna Live with Mom or Dad and the divorce both great. I'm gonna go Will Ferrell as the greatest cast member of all time.
Speaker 2: That's really good. I think that's a popular choice. What's the greatest sketch of all time, The Hercules sketch the Legs Hercules lived with the Legs. They did a big thing on Vulture where they had they had sixty five riders and cast members got them together and just gave him a big survey like answer these questions like what's the cast member you'd like to work with the most, and what's the most famous sketch and all that stuff. Which cast member do you think best represents the spirit of Saturday Night Live? Belushi? It was Will Ferrell and Keenan Thompson. Belushi was on the list, Gilda Radnor, Dan Aykroyd, Phil Hartman, Maya Rudolph, Danny Carvey, Kristen Wig. I think Chris Farley, Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: I think Maya Rudolph is probably the most underrated cast member in the history of this She is.
Speaker 2: She's amazing, There's no doubt. Like, what's the funniest that Snell sketch of all time? Your winner of that one was James Brown's Christmas hot Tub Party Incredible, which is so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good. As a kid, I can't tell you how many times I went around, went too hot in the hot tub, go make the wet.
Speaker 2: Days wearing nothing is dips it in, Go get in the what d go make the sweat? Number two Matt Foley manned down by the river and more cow bell they had on there. That's he than unfrozen cave Man Lawyer. It's so good, so good. Back to Buckwheet. Somehow will Forte spelling Bee got six on that list. I don't think I remember it. I don't either, A L R N P O T T T T S. He just keeps going deadpanned. It's weird. We should go now, though.
Speaker 1: Yep, let's get in the show. I hope everybody watches all this st L stuff. I'm sure we'll talk about it on Monday. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Music is next right here on the Eagle