Speaker 1: My good friend Jose Santa Maria, a good friend, a native of Spain, worked for the banks in Spain and his home originally in Spain and lives in New York. He's an investment banker. Well, Jose, how do you feel about your country, your homeland being invaded?
Speaker 2: John and devastated. The numbers we talked about yesterday forty thousand keep on growing. We're talking sixty thousand people going into the country. It's terrible. They got some dress yesterday, but today they need to eat, they need to get dressed. So we're seeing already assaults into the supermarkets, into the shops. It's terrible. It's thematic.
Speaker 1: Now they're breaking into people's homes too. I heard that, and you know they're stealing cars. What are they doing?
Speaker 2: Well, they meet housing, they need to sleep, some words, sixty thousand people and they just need to get along with their lives wherever they are in the country. So there are now, obviously with no money and no support from anyone, they're starting to commit crimes. It's a very dramatic situation. Spain has handled immigration very well. There's millions of Equatorials, Venezuela and Argentinians be to from everywhere, but in these numbers and undocumented is a real crisis.
Speaker 1: Hey, is anybody protecting if I had a home in Spain in that area, how do I protect my home? Is there? Is there a police department, is there a military? Is there anything?
Speaker 2: Well? Remember the Socialist government allows for people that get into an apartment or house to stay there, and the additional process is very long. It's a year or maybe two. So that is something that Spain needs to improve right now. If you get someone to walk into your house and you're not there, you're not going to get them out external Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is a real problem.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The New York Post Act actually just reported onto this that not only are they overrunning the towns and so on, but they're actually using the streets as open toilets and they're bathing in the fountains. The beautiful fountains of Spain are now being used as bath as baths and showers.
Speaker 2: I want to remind you of the World Health Organization when you look at the health conditions of these countries. Unfortunately, Northern Africa is one or two, not just below, which basically means people come on average with more HIV more pure closes more hepatitis. That's a problem.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, nobody has checked these people coming in for if they have diseases. Nobody has checked them for anything, if they're out of prison, et cetera. I mean, in the United States when we had Ellis Island, we have checks and balances. You know, you have to pass the Elis Island test to make sure you come in. I mean, ose, this is a mess.
Speaker 2: It is a mess, and I want to emphasize how important it is to prioritize the security agenda. To me, there's a clear triangle of security which should have been coordination between Spain, Israel and Morocco. That's a big triangle that requires very professional security and that is not happening unfortunately with this a Spanish government.
Speaker 3: But you have a real big problem because it's actually your government that created this problem. It's interesting that they're now looking for say foreign countries or more foreign countries are involved in trying to deal with this overrunning of SUTA as opposed to your own government itself. What are they waiting for?
Speaker 2: Well, remember how these prime minister won the presidency of the Socialist Party and he won also the presidency of the country. It was not because the majority of people voted him. It was because of all the minorities with their conflicts of interest, I mean the Catalans on one side, the beasts on the other, all the separaties, people that have a vested interest in accomplishing their personal goals. They voted for him to become prime minister. He never had the majority of the Spaniers Spain, and most of these countries are actually leaning towards the conservative side. It is always in a conservative country. But this prime minister has made decisions on his own that don't represent at all the Spaniards.
Speaker 3: And maybe it doesn't represent the Spaniards, but unfortunately the Spaniards now have to live with this repercussion.
Speaker 2: Well. Not only that he is trying to naturalize millions of people on the on the promise and on the on the commitment that they would't vote for him, because he that have the votes from people in Spain, so he's trying to get all these migrants to basically vote for him as soon as possible. Europe has now finally realized and they're even discussed in closing the Shanngen space to Spain, so that at least they can limit and strict this movement which is absolutely out of control.
Speaker 1: Well, well, what a mess this is. Well, Jose, thank you so much for keeping us informed. Anything else you want to tell the American people.
Speaker 2: Spain is a good country, that the politicians are terrible. So it's important to be what we were.
Speaker 1: What percentage of Spain was a Christian country? What percentage of Spain is now a Christian country? And what else is it?
Speaker 2: Spain is mostly Christian Catholic as a matter of fact, it's probably about the seventies seventy five percent. It's been very open minded. But the problem is these young people time with ideas and time with objectives, which are creating an amount of tension similar to the one that you see, for example in South France or in the du K where they haven't been able to absorb this migration. They never naturalize people by doing the right due diligence and the investigations. They never did that. So right now Spain has a massive amount of people which are going to be very upset. Of course, they need to use toilets, they need to eat, they need to drink. That's terrible. There's no way to handle this well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Santa Maria, thank you for coming on, keep us informed, keep on New York as all Americans informed, and we'll catch up with you again.
Speaker 2: Wilson, I was talking to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning. You can hear sit In Friends in the Morning weekday mornings.
Speaker 3: It's sick.
Speaker 4: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on here.