Speaker 1: In there, folks.
Speaker 2: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's the winter that we're having is not really much of winter, if you really want to call it.
Speaker 3: It's more of a I mean, I was talking to Daniel the other day, who's in two nobody. Okay, So I was talking to Daniel the other day and I was like, you know, when I was growing up, we would be talking about feet of snow right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought i'd like to say just feet in general.
Speaker 3: No, like snow depth. We would have feet of snow right not this. I think there's probab Well after today. I haven't been home yet today, but before today, I think I had like four inches on the ground stuff, you know about four inches?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do. That's that's what they tell me. Try.
Speaker 3: Did you see Matt's posts a couple of weeks ago after that snow storm.
Speaker 4: We got No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: He's like, stuck the tape measure in the ground. He's like, yeah, looks like we got about six inches here, And it was very clearly at the four inch mark.
Speaker 1: I think it's almost okay. You probably got me on that one.
Speaker 3: Bruce, Dustin and I were all like, where did you learn to read a tape measure?
Speaker 1: And I didn't really read. I didn't read it.
Speaker 4: Weird, Well, he doesn't know how to read.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the whole town knows you're not wrong. Yeah, that was many, many more reasons why I should not be in front of computer or typing anything, But no one else.
Speaker 3: Does as well. For one, you've got all the access to all that most of that ship. Like that ad image you made today, none of us could edit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I can do that if you ask me.
Speaker 3: Well, I pointed out the issue you did.
Speaker 1: You got me on that one. You got me over a barrel in that one. But I'm just I'm trying to post to our group so or all.
Speaker 3: Though you're always on your phone and I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To post all the groups social media ship. That's what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 3: So did you end up going down for the girls.
Speaker 1: High school in State? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was down there. I was down there for Bimigian war Road.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh, Pioneer covers the war Road too.
Speaker 5: No, I mean like it's forum, but like so technically Grand Forks covers him, but you know the you know, they everyone's got a small staff right now, and so I was like, hey, I'm already down there, Like war Road stuff does good on her. I say, like, I'll just stick down there and cover state. And it was actually the first time I've gotten to cover a state title game of any kind in any sports.
Speaker 4: So that's cool. I mean world loss, so that was less cool.
Speaker 3: But because they lost to was a Becker h Blake or no, sorry, Breck Brett. Yeah, because my cousin's daughters on that team on Brekh Yeah, I mean they were and his wife is one of the coaches, Tricia, Oh yeah, former olympian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the head coach.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, they were really really good. They had a great goalie and yeah, I don't know. It was uh, it was interesting. It was the first time I did cover state girls hockey once. Who was during COVID, So it was a.
Speaker 1: Little lame, but I do it, okay, So sorry, no, go ahead, thought about this. I was gonna ask you this earlier because Charlie. That's why I brought it up. What Charlie was on here when your first day here there was a hockey game going on. Was that you that came upstairs hung out with Hoover and I was that that day?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It was one of the first times I think you came up there. You're just brand fucking new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh you know what it might have been. Yeah, because now it's starting to come back. Were they playing war Road?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got absolutely Yeah, they Jason had like six points and between the legs girls. No that it wasn't girls. I was talking boys.
Speaker 1: Oh I know. It was war Road for sure.
Speaker 5: You know what, I think I did do a Bimiji war Road game for girls. That Yeah, I did two hockey games that year.
Speaker 1: And it was it was a girls because they they had a phenom in the in the net. I don't remember who it was or was it the boys, It doesn't matter, but anyways, it was.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, this was definitely boys, okay, because the phenom net was Hampton. Sulkinski was playing for Western Michigan won a national title last year. Jason Chagaba had six points I believe in that game. But he went between the legs and the third period on a pass that went back door, and I had a realization of, oh shit, uh, this might not be this might not be going as well as I'd hope. But thank god they proved me wrong. And is he's still over into luth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's He's disgusting. He's so good that whole top line.
Speaker 3: It's just that's crazy that what was worlds senior class that you had three or four kids drafted.
Speaker 5: Let's see, uh Shaga Bay Sulkinsky both got drafted Shagabay's second round to Tampa, Sulkinski second round to LA and then I don't know if if Pilgrim was drafted.
Speaker 3: There was another forward I think that got. It's not one of the Marvins, because I think they's all gone, though.
Speaker 5: Damon Gardner, i'd have to maybe. I don't know if he got drafted. He went to Clarkson right away. Now he's at Saint Cloud. But do you look up and down that roster. I mean there's college hockey players all over. What that was three years ago now, so it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Whatever you've been here, it's about three years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been here a little over three years, and so I caught like literally two hockey games before the end of those seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is World is just a tiny town. They've had an Olympian or a gold medal Olympian on every team, but they just kick out me, Rock Nelson, tj Oshie Marvin's, Aaron Marvin.
Speaker 4: They're just yeah, it doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: Which We used to go up there in the summer for summer hockey school, the war Old Hockey Camp. Yeah that was fun. Yeah, yeah, and so one of our parents in our group actually knew GG Marvin's parents. Okay, so we would go hang out at their river cabin and rip around on jet skis and.
Speaker 1: Must be nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean even if you look at like girls hockey, like what I think they got like seven or eight kids playing in the w c h A. Like there's two of them, or there's three of them on Bmidgie State Kate Johnson, Katie Comstock and Talia hendricks and Gino Hendrickson graduated last year. There's Riley Bard's play for Saint Thomas. Like it's just it's just nuts, Like they just keep pumping out kids. They have a goal who's going to the u M next year, She'll it'll take her a few years to get some playing time, like they have sophomore in goal now, Taylor Reese will play somewhere, Jayley French wills play somewhere. Like it's every single year they're pushing kids out to college hockey. And it's the same for boys hockey too.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, and I know I've Matt's heard this story before. He probably doesn't remember it, but so back in the mid to late nineties, there was Gigi played with the boys. Yeah, and we were doing a scrimmage during the summer camp one time and I was in front of the net waiting for a rebound, trying to get a goal or whatever, and somebody knocked me down from behind. I came up swinging, clocked her in the face, and it was GG.
Speaker 1: So I almost said, yes, you just punched G in the face.
Speaker 3: Punch somebody knocked me down. I came up swinging then you know it was a girl at that point and I turned around, was like, oh shit.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't I don't know. That story would be told one hundred times if it were me. It was just like, first of all, getting just run over by Gg Marvin It's and then turning hero ountd and just giving one do her in a hockey be like, oh shit, damn, this is just one of the best hockey players to ever come out of the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You were twelve at that point. Okay, that makes it a little bit better.
Speaker 1: She wasn't that person. Yeah, I know. One of my friends also played with her as well. She's from Rose played with her as well too. That's she said that maybe get her on the show. Yeah, pull in the strings.
Speaker 3: Later on there was another girl. Her name was Sarah something, but she was from Morehead. Her and Gig were they blended in with the with the.
Speaker 4: Guys and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just crazy how good Gig was back then.
Speaker 1: Who's parking the show? What that should we? Scott go for it?
Speaker 3: Okay, word word.
Speaker 6: This is dobble fisting tb maddest girl through his phone.
Speaker 7: Scott's down on his business degrees.
Speaker 6: Dustin keeps the shore rolling on.
Speaker 7: With Manidgit minisode talking spots and having bus. We take Ben too, shot bats.
Speaker 6: We've been on each other. Yes, beer relly spots is what.
Speaker 1: We're come.
Speaker 6: Sammy bras A Spots.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter where you are if this is beer really sports coming here from the Runway Lounge right here in Mary, Minnesota. My name is Matt Geffrey. Along to my immediate left, it is you know he got hot I praise last week from the Mayor of Amigi, George Prince. Scott Wilson has joined us. H right, Hi, Hi, Hi, can you hear me?
Speaker 8: Know?
Speaker 1: I can? And these two you have to go all the way down oayre like Bruce's old Mike. Anyways, that's Scott Wilson. He's back better than ever. Busy. He's having a coffee, which is really weird.
Speaker 3: Is that coffee or it's hot chocolate?
Speaker 1: Actually it is almost fifty degrees.
Speaker 3: It sounded good.
Speaker 1: Oh so just regular hot chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yep, No, Bailey, is nothing extra special in it at all.
Speaker 1: We can make it. Bayley's really no hold out, No, I'm good. Drest some screwball up there? No, no, okay, it's what of ma?
Speaker 3: Sure, just regular old hot chocolate. Sounded good, okay, impulse purchase okay.
Speaker 1: And then Scott want to introduce a person to our immediate hour, your immediate left the mine.
Speaker 3: He is a man from Brainerd, Minnesota. He's been the sports writer now for three years with the Butmidgie Pioneer. Got one of the filthiest mustaches I've seen in a long time. It is Jered.
Speaker 1: Robuto veto Robo Rabato. Hey, Well, welcome to the show. Welcome back number two, right, number three, number three, I think it might even be four. It's either three or four.
Speaker 3: It's for sure three.
Speaker 4: But that's my brainer Math. I've never been good at it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know South Kota Math. We're about the same, right, yeah, just guess fair. We just look at you know, in South Dkota, we look at we put rocks on the fence posts and see which where the wind blows. We look at cows in the fields and see which where the storm is coming from. And if for rain on that rock, we know which way the rain came from.
Speaker 4: So not sure what that is.
Speaker 1: You forgot?
Speaker 3: You forgot about the rock on a string.
Speaker 1: I never heard that one. Was that the we were floating?
Speaker 3: No, because if the rocks on the string and it's moving, then it's windy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, Yep, that's right here, you were right anyways, Bryboce, what's coming in from the Runway Lounge. Today's show is being brought to Bay.
Speaker 3: Seventh Avenue Pizza before pizza came, trendy.
Speaker 1: Aws be brought to by Home Choice right here in Butmigi. If you're looking to getting they appliances, if you're looking at any furniture, we talked with the mayor last week. Tires. If you need new tires, go to Home Choice right here in Bmiji. Use the promo code beer Belly Sports and get one hundred dollars off on your purchase. Also helps out with your credit as well too. So if you had credit problems like I had in the past, good place to go to home choice build that credit up. So beer really sports this store only. Yeah, Beer really sports in store only at this store in Babiji.
Speaker 3: Also, so to stick put in the promo code beer Belly and get fifteen percent off on us.
Speaker 1: When you order awest be brought to buy Rbit and Gerbert's here in Bamigi. They have the brand new sandwich. It's the it's a crab sandwich, or even want a crab or lobster one of those who limitation type crab. I don't know. Food. Yes, food, we see that a remy. She probably sees the dogs outside. Shut the door, that's the door. Idiots as like kids anyways, Uh yeah, it's urban Germans, a great place. They do a lot of catering as well too. So I know school's almost over, it's getting there.
Speaker 3: It gets what season it still is soup season? And what's coming up?
Speaker 1: Lent not lent, yes it is lent technically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they should have the work coming soon.
Speaker 1: I think that's the eemptation crap that oh okay, think that's what it is for this year.
Speaker 3: Okay. Also the beautiful Knob and Kettle, which is nestled quaintly down in Lake Alice, which is between Lake George and Lake Itasca. It's about a twenty five to thirty minute drive south of Bamidge, but check them out on Thursdays for live music with Lois, Friday and Saturday get some of the best prime rib around. And Travis says they're Rubens on point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How do you do you ever been to down to the Knob and Kettle.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's I'm still working my way through Bamidge area. Okay, restaurants that is on the list.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: I did knock out a bunch of new ones last summer, so okay, so that's one that's that's probably at the top of my list because that's this isn't the first time I've had that recommendation, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's up there. So when we go down to uh down for me for like any Vikings like to get into Vikings season, thank you. Uh you gotta come with because we do have Vikings free preseason time. Yeah, come down there, Yeah definitely, Yeah, and we and we eat a lot and we have a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm down. That sounds great.
Speaker 1: And if I want to do the other thing too, it's a it's a good time as well.
Speaker 4: Sure, so yeah, all for it.
Speaker 1: All for it. Also being brought to you by Paul Bundy Communication has been serving the Bamigi and Grant Rapids area for is it fifty years?
Speaker 3: Bamidge Grand Rapids for about twenty five?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so well Bmidgi fifty Grand rapp is twenty five. I've been giving us the for ten years now, ten years in here for two years, so yes, thanks pissing it. Yeah, that's an awesome NASCAR list of sponsors.
Speaker 4: No, it sounds great. Yeah, thank you to all the sponsors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They give us sponsors and stuff and make me do things and do other fun stuff.
Speaker 4: You get to do things.
Speaker 1: It's true, he's probably way better. Baseball's coming around the corner.
Speaker 3: M hm uh town ball. Have the ad done for it?
Speaker 1: And I'm sure I gonna see you a lot, probably probably shit talk to.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do like to take some time off in the summer, but yeah, I'll be around.
Speaker 1: I wave to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I make it out to you. If you Tom, Yeah, if you I.
Speaker 1: See you out there once in a while. Is there is there anything important big you could do this year for this summer or for town ball. Yeah, no, just just in general, just in sports. I know, like as soon as like high school's over, you're kind.
Speaker 5: Of like, yeah, no, I mean, like my schedule pretty I mean, it's there's never such a thing as like a consistent sports schedule, right, I mean, it all depends on when kids are playing games and stuff, but I mean it always kind of there is some repetitive stuff, Like you know, once I get to the end of college hockey season, then it's like the busiest month I pretty much have of the year, with like the transfer portal and especially now with college hockey being as crazy as it is and kids can come in from wherever. It's a lot of like trying to track recruits and stuff like that, and you know, I try to cover the CCHA as a whole. So then it's like, you know, it's just a lot and then but then it just like stopped and it dies, and it's right around the end of like high school sports season, and then in the summer it's get on a golf course as much as I possibly can.
Speaker 1: So it's just say it I.
Speaker 3: Saw the other day that you were tagged in a college hockey podcast? Is that correct? Or a news show or something like that. There was you and two other guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I do have a We do have an our own podcast.
Speaker 1: What's that.
Speaker 5: It's called the c CCHA Reporters Corner. We basically I go on the c CCHA Show every week and it's just the league does a podcast where it kind of recaps the games from the weekend before and the weekend after, and two summers ago, I pitched them like, hey, what if we did like a second show on that feed where we just bring in a player from around the league. We get to every team once or twice, and then once playoff start, we can kind of focus on the teams that are winning, but you know, bring on a player, kind of go through their hockey career, how they got to the CCHA, tell some funny stories.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Pretty a lot more laid back. It's not so much about oh, you had a goal in this game. Are you feeling good about yourself? Like it's more just like, you know, hey, how did you get to the athlete?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Stuff like that good to have because other they are human too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take a one punk out of time. Yeah, pucks deep.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, that sounds like hockey Player. But at the new year of this year, so it started twenty twenty six. We uh got the podcast on its own feed now and then starting next year it'll just be its own thing away from the CCCHA where we can do a little a little bit more flexibility with it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, so we do.
Speaker 5: We actually did two episodes this week. I recorded one earlier today with a man Cato player. Hold your ears BPSU fans, But uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I watched peer Net that overtime winner on Valentine's Day. That's a good one, Cato.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it was uh yeah, and he's been awesome this year. Yeah, but stud but yeah, so that's kind of that's what we do for podcasting and stuff. But yeah, nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, cent you're basically talking about let's get it, might as well get a six packs.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Billy Sports six Packs. Got to you by Bryce Primo from Team Cermac real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close by, sell, move win. With Bryce Primo and the Bimage area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine, or send an email to Premonition three sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, justin you are early this time. Uh the six pack first one is gonna be the BSU hockey. They are. They're not bad. They're middle of the road. They could be a lot better, could be a lot worse. It could be a lot I've seen a lot worse.
Speaker 3: So it went my son and I went to Friday Night's Tommy game. They upset Night, and they were what twelve fourteen and one going into that game, so they were thirteen fourteen and one after Friday Night.
Speaker 5: Twelve seventeen and three. At that point, I think, but yeah, you mixed up the CCHA record and the main record. But yeah, you're pretty much spot on. Yeah no, it's oh yeah, twelve seventeen in one. And then I mean Jeffery's spot on, like it's.
Speaker 1: Middle of the roads.
Speaker 5: Is like the the very vague way of putting this season because I think, you know, if you go to the rink on one weekend, you see a team that can win the CCHA, could make the NCAA tournament. You go on a different weekend, you see a team that's like, hey, is this team gonna make the CCHA playoffs? You know, it's it's been the quintessential up and down year in a lot of respects.
Speaker 3: So they after Friday Nights when they locked in the sixth seed for the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Technically it was locked in and going into the third period because of Lake State, but yeah, with a win.
Speaker 3: Locked bath. So I've posed this question in the last two years. Now, at what point does territories leash run out?
Speaker 1: Because never ever, that's my lifetime contract.
Speaker 3: Because so this would have been before your time. But about ten years ago when they finally got into the WHA cost us the Sanford Center to get into the WCHA.
Speaker 1: So was that after I was gonna fight from guy from faris. No, it was so.
Speaker 3: They get into the WHA, They're finally in the premiere college conference. And I've got a lot of strong feelings about college hockey and the w c h A. I won't get into that though.
Speaker 4: No, that's fair. I got them too.
Speaker 3: But they held their own with the cream of the crop in that conference.
Speaker 4: Went to a frozen four.
Speaker 5: I think that was right right before that was right before the year before the w c h ay was the year they made.
Speaker 3: Just the CCHA at that point, but so nine Frozen four Run. They've made a couple tournament appearances since then, but haven't had anything like on nine.
Speaker 1: W c h A.
Speaker 3: Big ten fucking ruined college hockey. So the w c h A ceases to know as exists as we know it. So now it's in CCHC and then Big ten. And with how BSU played in the WCHA, you would have thought that they would just dominate the WCCHA that was left over and they were just a middle of their own team. And then when the WCCHA folded and they move into the CCHA, they've just been middling.
Speaker 5: Yeah to some respect, for sure, I'm and I think in that sense too, it's also kind of up and down, because I mean, they sure had their years like you know, this year and last year where the low points are really really low and really depressingly low to be at the rink, right, But then even you know, a big picture, right like two years ago they win the mcnoton Cup. I think seven years before that they won their first mcnoughton Cup. So it's like middling, yeah, one hundred percent, but it's also come with like these big swings of what middling looks like too of and you know it is it's interesting when you put it like that, when it's like you think they dominate. And I think another school to look at that is Minnesota State man Cato too, because they were horrible in the w c h A, I mean horrible, could not make the w c h A Final five.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 5: And you know the Troy Jutting as the coach, his uh you know, his son came and played for Amigies State transfer from Colorado College, but uh, you know, his time certainly ran out. But then they get Mike hay Stings and Mike hase things brings turns them into this juggernaut and it's like, you know, it's almost like it's hard to kind of think about it now, but it's like Minnesota State wasn't I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 5: Always supposed to become this in the WHA or at the CCHA. But you know, a lot of it just kind of comes down to the external factors of college hockey in a lot of ways, right, and it's only getting harder in that respect. But at the same time, there's also things that make it a little bit easier, like the CHL infusion into college hockey. I mean, you know that that's the craziest thing about this year is you know, you look back at the past two or three years of the CCHA as a whole, it's.
Speaker 4: A one bid league into the tournament.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, a lot of from a national perspective, I think it's perceived as well, one team at from Atlantic's going to get in, one team from the c CCHA is going to get in, and the rest of the spots are up for grabs for the ECAC Big ten Hockey yea. And I think that you know, when when we think of the CCCHA, you almost kind of have to think of it in like a three year window, and that to you know, two and a half now almost three years ago was the start of a window where I think the CCHA wanted to get better at branding itself as a conference that is not just a one bid league anymore.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: A lot of things had to break their way, right, Like you needed Augustana to become a good team and a viable team, not just a good story. That's like now they're a middling team and they have right, I mean, they finished second the league last year their third in the league. This year, they are the best chance for the c CCHA to get an at large bid into the NCAA Tournament. Minnesota State needed to stay at the top, Bowling Green needed to take a big step forward and compete with a Michigan Tech and Minutes you know, Bimidgie State, right all of those teams.
Speaker 3: Saint Thomas prior to last week and was rank sixteenth in the country, which jealous fan here slightly pissed off. What they get into the NCCHC after only being a D one program for two years three years, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: At the same time, though, like if you put Bimidgie State in the NCHD right now, it'd be hard to make the argument that the team would be better because you the resources that they can put towards getting your feeling of competitive hockey.
Speaker 3: Well, that's just so. Bamidge's the prime example of a second tier school compared to your Minnesota's or Boston's or any even North Dakota. We're never gonna get that five star, blue chip pro prospect. You know, they're always going to go to the major pro We're gonna be constantly getting the kids that need to go to juniors for a few years this season and that are going to be older when they finally do break into the college ranks.
Speaker 5: Bingo definitely, and I think you're like ninety percent right, because they do at times find the kid that slips through the curser. I was actually thinking pole Camp two years ago. You know, Eric Polcamp has his freshman year year, he's one of the best freshman defensemen in the country, plays World Juniors, wins the gold medal with the US. They committed him when he had I believe, two points in the USHL. After he commits, he then takes off like I don't know if it was pressure of trying to make a commitment or play well in front of scouts where it just wasn't working well. But after he made that commitment, he turned into a point per game defenseman. Won the USHL Defenseman of the Year award. The year after, plays his freshman year at Bimige State, they win the mcnuttin Cup. He transfers to Denver that sucked.
Speaker 1: It sucked.
Speaker 5: It sucks for you know a lot of reasons, Like in the hey, Bimigii State did the legwork to find a kid like that and he's not here anymore. It's not a unique story. Every college on Bemidjie State's level is dealing with it in a lot of respects. But at the same time, I think the attitude towards kids like that has shifted, not just for Bovinji State, but for college hockey as a hole where I'd rather have that kid in my locker room for one year than not have him in there at all.
Speaker 3: Part of that whole landscape that you're describing right now, too, is something that Bruce and I have a big bone with. Is the transfer portal. I would imagine, yeah, you know, because it's akin to the twins developing Johan Santana and then time to re sign them to a contract and whoop, see you later. Correct, you know, So we're we're like the feeder program for some of these more major schools sure where they're going to get college experience versus you know, major junior a's or something like that.
Speaker 5: Definitely, the transfer portal is is always going to be a win lose thing, right like the because it is frustrating from a fan perspective, and and like I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Themia. I'm not a fan of any college hockey team, Like it's it's my job, Like I go to the rink and I they cut me head or what you see. But it's you know, from a from the fan perspective, it is, it is.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 5: It just sucks when you especially when you're one of the fans that watches every game, every period. You're living and dying with the players. You get to almost kind of know the players and a lot you know, you see him at Luken's when they're shopping for groceries. You see him at Coffee District when they're picking up coffee in the morning, right, Like that's the best part about hockey and Bamigi and Houghten and even Mankato which is a little bit bigger, but it allows people to make those personal connections with players that you don't really get to do in Minneapolis. You don't really get to do that in Boston, And it sucks for fans to, you know, have to live with the realization that if a kid is really really really really good, like elite level good, the chances of the of them staying in the CCHA are lower than maybe the rest of their team.
Speaker 3: From that athlete standpoint, if you get the chance to get more exposure, you take it absolutely.
Speaker 1: And I get I get the personal side where he wants to.
Speaker 5: And the thing that I always go back to, like, I don't I don't hate the transfer portal. I don't love the transfer portal.
Speaker 1: It just is what it is.
Speaker 3: It needs some different rules and some groundwork done to it. But at the reason I think that it should be regardless of hockey, football, basketball, it should be a minimum of a two year commitment.
Speaker 5: Sure, I think whatever commit whatever rules that you put on players, you have to put them on coaches.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: That is the barn up because when we think of the transfer portal, and it's the same for NIL, these NC double A rules were codified by law, like they you know, the transfer portal didn't just come up out of nowhere. And I'm not saying that you said that or anybody else is saying it. But that's the misconception with the transfer portal, is that the NC double A is the one dictating the rules of the transfer portal, when it's actually the courts of the American government that are doing it. But it always comes back down to what I would probably I don't know what. I don't have a better phrase, but maybe it's just like a human rights issue. If a coach can take four jobs in four years and recruits players to those schools and they're not allowed to leave, well, look at Dion exactly Colorado and he walks in and half is Jackson's eight rosters coming with them, right, you know, like you know, there's it happens every single year, and you know, if a coach can sit there and take four jobs in four years, a player should have the right to do that as well. It's the same as, uh, you know, when people say, hey, we should put a salary cap essentially on an IL, don't I don't disagree with that, But now you have to put caps on how much coaches can make too, because that's where you know, uh, we're you know, it's easy to kind of forget the fact that college athletes are still adults, like they are still essentially working adults and you know, playing college sports, and if there's a cap on how much money they're allowed to make compared to other people, you know, you'd almost have to like factor in a coach's salary into the entirety of an IL.
Speaker 3: So like Bruce and I have talked in the past too. It's like, okay, say NCAA, courts, governing body authorities, go all right, here's your nil pool, and it's going to be the same for every school ten million for example.
Speaker 4: We're getting there. It's it's coming, you know, because.
Speaker 3: Same thing like Minnesota football is never gonna be able to compete with Alabama.
Speaker 4: And well, you know, Indiana approved can happen the worst, It'll be a cold day in hell.
Speaker 1: Can If you sound like an Indiana fan, yeah, I mean hater.
Speaker 5: It literally just comes down to, is there somebody in the state of Minnesota that wants to see the Gophers win a national championship? And granted, now, then it takes an athletic department, you know, buying into that as well, and then hiring the coach that's gonna get behind the same vision, right, Like everybody likes to say, well, Indiana just infused like sixty million dollars into their roster. That's how they did it. Sure, it's a part of how they did it. Why come from Kurt Signetti being the best coaching hire maybe in the history of college football was a big part of that because he was able to get fine, you know, recognize and find the players that sure they were a two star recruit coming out of high school. Alabama wouldn't sniff him. But look what he became into when he was a junior in college. Right, we're getting there though with the like last summer, I should say they did take a big step into it, like you know, through the courts again that we're getting there because there was a settlement made in the Supreme Court last year. House versus the NC Double A. It was a cross country runner from I think the twenty tens, if I'm not mistaken, sued the NC Double A for essentially back payout or not making an eyel money because they he didn't have the opportunity to make it. So just like Reggie Bush, correct, Yes, So basically there were a whole bunch of different decisions that came out of that. One of them was roster limits. You know, if you opt into the if this school opts into the House settlement, now there are roster limits for every single sport, men's and women's hockey is twenty six. That number is way too low. It needs to be twenty eight or twenty nine. But they'll they'll fix that football, the numbers around one hundred. I don't know it off the top of my Heady you go up and down the list, every single sport had a roster limit. Another one was that schools can make nil payments directly to players. They don't have to do anything for it. There's just you have a certain amount of money that the schools can pay the players directly for nil. So if UCLA wants to play Nico emla Aba, you know, ten million dollars to play quarterback, they can pay ten million dollars straight from the UCLA books to go to Nico em Alayava. And that that number has a cap on it. I think it's twenty and a half million dollars. And I don't know if it's per team or per school, but that number has a cap on it. So and we're talking, we're talking power for schools, right, Like, this is not going to be an issue for the CCCHA or ninety nine percent of college hockey teams.
Speaker 4: It's just the big ten.
Speaker 5: And even then all of that starts and ends with football and men's basketball, right, and then the rest trickles down from there. But there was another thing that came out of it. Through revenue sharing, where you know, your if your football team makes a shit ton of money, that football team then can support college hockey, It can support cross country skiing, it can support men's volleyball, you know, whatever you wanted to support basically in or they looped the House settlement into solving a lot of minor problems that are basically more hiccups than anything else. But it did lay the groundwork for, you know, a lane for maybe a cap on how much kids can make an anil. That's the other thing that comes up so much when I hear about it, though, is like what are the kids doing to make NIL?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like you would have thought, okay, well, this kid's gonna get an advertisement deal with a car dealership, and you know you'll see him on the commercials on TV, or you know, you see arch Manning on commercials for like I don't know, Jimmy Johns or something like that. Right, Like that's what people's initial thoughts of NIL looked like when the reality of NIL is, well, you know, this grad owns this company and they want this kid to play for their alma mater, So okay, we're gonna pay him two million dollars to play left tackle and all he's got to do is post on Instagram with a hashtag ad on it, like, is that is that nil? Or is that just cutting a check and posting a picture of you playing a game when you are you already would posted something like that and then you put a watermark sticker of Jimmy John's in the corner or some you know, some shit like. There's a long way to go in terms of actual regulations on nil, and there's an even longer way to go for those to you know, make their way to college hockey, because I think a big misconception is that, you know, when you see a kid like Gavin McKenna make seven hundred thousand dollars to play for Penn State, that you know the big ten schools are throwing out that kind of money all the time. There are some kids that make six figures comfortably. You know, you know, you look at Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Boston Boston College is a little excessive.
Speaker 1: That must be nice.
Speaker 5: But like Boston Boston College, right, they can give out some good ANIL checks. There are some c CJA schools that I know give out some decent nil checks. We're talking five figures, whether that's for a four year commitment or a one year and it renews every year. Right, but you know the Center for Indiana Football is making three hundred grand or you know, uh coy Perrich how much how much is he making for the golfers last year?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like the money that college hockey players make in comparison to basketball and football our pennies, right, and so.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet you if you look at the actual like percentage based on revenue, it's probably minute school. Well but even just college hockey is gonna make a million dollars in revenue. So only a few of them too, right, But you know whereas college football they're gonna make one hundred million. So I bet you that racial between football program football player hockey program hockey, I bet you that racial is very similar, definitely, And think this and then this also has like an impact on like the growth of college hockey. It's stuck at sixty three teams right now. There was actually a sixty or another team. Mayville State just announce it's getting hockey today, not today today. They're gonna start a transition here next year, start in twenty seven to twenty eight. But you know a few months back there was rumors that Oklahoma State was gonna get hockey. I don't if anybody, Yeah I saw that, and uh yeah, that's not happening, was it. UNLV is trying to move from house to do you want to make that?
Speaker 5: The thing with UNLV would be like what conference are they in? Because the problem with teams trying to start college hockey programs is you don't want to be an independent because one, the travels brutal too. You're playing twenty five percent of your games at home, right that's a power for school though un l V like they're they're in the middle, like they're like Bowling Green their group of five, you know, mid major in a lot of respect. So the thing is with the growth of college hockey, it's going to come from D two schools that want a D one program like in Augustana, you know, like a Bmidge State right where, and a lot of them are going to be private schools where they have a little bit of backing behind them, they maybe have some right owner.
Speaker 3: As it sits today, there's no D two programs.
Speaker 5: No no D three, D two in the whole scope of college athletics where they play everything D two. But then you know Augustana, Augustan is only D one sport is men's hockey. So you're going to see that more and more and more where hey like these D two schools where it's really really tough to turn a profit in anything except for football, but you can turn that in men's hockey because you're selling Division one.
Speaker 3: As long as we're talking college sports, now this title should have been college sports.
Speaker 4: This dies, this dove into like a tangent, but I love it.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about North Dakota moving up to FBS from FCS or FCS from.
Speaker 5: FBS and issue, Yeah, it's it's smart. It's really smart because the the I think it's smart for a lot of reasons, won the money right.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 5: It cost them seventeen million to do it right, But I think they're going to make the money back, especially you know, if you can. North Dakota State's good enough to where you can at least make an argument that within the next ten years they'll be in contention for a college football payoff. You make the College Football Playoff one time, it makes up for all of.
Speaker 1: That they do.
Speaker 3: They maintain the program levels that they're at right now.
Speaker 5: That's the big question. Yeah, but I think the secondary reason why it's really good is it reinvigorated a fan base that really didn't have anything to show up for until the postseason started. You know, it's an a. The Fargo Dome is a great venue in terms of how lowed it gets in the atmosphere and stuff. Go to a Fargo Dome game in the middle of October when they're playing but whole State like no butt, whole state, like nobody cares by by the time the second quarter starts because the game's already over. Like you you wait for the Decoda marker game when they play USD or and STSU. You wait for the game against UND whether it's in Grand for it's or Fargo, and then maybe there's some juice with playing USD. But the thing is NDS you got so good that no power forward teams are gonna schedule him as an FBS opponent because you're not gonna pay NDSU to come in and maybe beat you on your home turn, which was.
Speaker 3: Becoming a regularity, right you know, they they would pay one hundred, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and then lose to this team that was supposed to just get ship stamped.
Speaker 5: Right, So I think if you're NDSU, sure, you know, you go into the red for a little bit, but now you're gonna have reinvigorated ticket sales. You're gonna have reinvagan reinor sales.
Speaker 3: That's where I was gonna go with this. Your cost to attend a NDSU game, though, probably just got more expensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it doubled, it would surprise me. But at the same time, if you're if you're an NDSU fan, let's not say you're born and raised in Fargo, you're thirty five years old, it's you know, it's kind of like small town feel to it, where it's really like, sure you watch the Vikings, where you watch the Packers. You got a favorite baseball team, favorite hockey team, but really at your core, NDSU is your favorite.
Speaker 4: Team to watch.
Speaker 3: University of Wyoming Sure, Craig Bowl.
Speaker 1: I want to say, if he was not on here on the Bierboy Sports Radio Network, we have the Bison Bits with TJ just who is a die hard Bison fan who does all the Bison stuff. He talks about this on the on the Bierboy Sports Radio Network. That's uh Bison bits you can go with to Beerberly Sports Radio Network. You can find all bad good plug by the way too. I'm glad I came up organically, but now you know, you.
Speaker 4: Take that and it just there.
Speaker 3: I have seen some on some of the different Bison fan groups. Some of the fans are like, great, now we're gonna have some kind of ploid to prove or update or whatever the Fargo domes. Now we're early going to be bleeding money.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: People are going to piss him about anything.
Speaker 5: It is going to be a little bizarre seeing FBS football in the Fargo Dome because it's it looks a lot bigger on TV than it does in person, Like it's not that big of a state. Same with that, same with STSU right, STSU Sea, It's what nineteen thousand, I would have made this such.
Speaker 1: A beautiful it is such a great stadium.
Speaker 5: It is what is it the Dakota Dome seat's probably around the same as the Fargo Dome, right, twenty five thousand people.
Speaker 1: That's also not a good, fun fun place to be, like yank it's fun.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's it would be very funny to see like NBSU have like a dream season where they finish like seventh in the college football rankings, and it's like Michigan has to go into the Fargo Dome and play a game, Like could you imagine how well that I.
Speaker 1: Would get there? In a heartbeat? Yeah, you cost you five thousand dollars media passes to make this work.
Speaker 3: I wonder who would be donating.
Speaker 4: This is a serious question, Fluids.
Speaker 5: If NYSU hosted a college football playoff game, would the cheapest ticket to that game be more expensive than a super Bowl game?
Speaker 3: I bet you'd be right on par.
Speaker 5: It would have to be close, right, because the super Bowl is gonna cost you probably four figures to get in.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, yeah, it's super Bowl. I think it's at least I think it was three four thousand. Was the cheap tickets?
Speaker 4: Was that the cheap? Okay? So the super Bowl's probably still got a beat, But there's I bet you.
Speaker 3: Locally it'd probably cost you twenty five hundred.
Speaker 5: But I don't think you're getting cheaper than twenty five hundred. I think that is that's the number I was thinking too, where it's like it's and and good for them, like that's in a grand we're talking resale at that point, right, But uh, you know that's that's fun, and you know, you hope that other schools who are at that level kind of take that an issue, like STSU should.
Speaker 4: Be next they're there.
Speaker 3: I've read a lot of things that now that North Dakota finally made the jump, people are looking a little south and going, what about you Brookides.
Speaker 1: I think they would, but not they would.
Speaker 3: Teams that I've seen mentioned are Montana and Montana State. Yes, and from what I've read, one won't do it without the other.
Speaker 1: And two thousand and five, with the move from D two to to the FCS, it was a packaged deal to bring U, NDSU and st SU up together. And I think USD and U and D were the same type of program, but they basically had and I know for sure two thousand and five it was NDSU and US and st SU all had move up at the same time. It was a weird packaging. Gotch Well.
Speaker 3: It makes sense though from a logistics standpoint in scheduling, because it's one you know, Okay, so now in North Dakota they're gonna have to go to Honolulu next year. Yeah, you know, I think I think Wyoming's coming here.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the schedule.
Speaker 3: It's out.
Speaker 5: I know that it's I know it's out. I didn't look at it, but yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, because there's Oh, it's great.
Speaker 5: The thing is, though, and to tie this back into the CCCHA, because I do have a segue back into the CCHA with this, the like North Dakota State now has to figure out the level of players they can recruit. And it's very similar to when Bimidgie State made the jump to the WCCHA, where you know they're playing small conference hockey, they're playing against the same teams every year. Right now, you jump up into a conference that's half of it's filled with essentially blue bloods of college hockey. You start thinking, hey, maybe we can go compete with them in recruiting. And for sure, some of the kids you can, but there's other kids that want the blue blood tradition to go with it. Right So you can't just say because I'm in the Mountain West, now I can get only Mountain West players on a roster. You still have to do your due diligence for kids playing nine man football in Northern Minnesota, where they don't have a scout and two hundred miles watching them, right, And that's the same for the CCCHA is right now for Bimigi State, you go into the WHA, the WHA dispands and even though they had the name for what for four or five more years, it's essentially the CCHA R. The CCHA was okay. Each time that there's been a seismic shift in college hockey, they've had to learn the level of recruits that they can commit. And now there was another big turning point in that last summer again essentially last November, where the CCHL opens up, so players from the WHL, players from the OHL, and players from the QMGHL are now eligible to play college hockey.
Speaker 3: Do you know what that is different?
Speaker 4: I can explain it.
Speaker 3: It's the it's the Canadian Junior.
Speaker 5: Do you know what the USHL is, Yes? Do you know what the NAHL is. It's a tier right below the USHL for American junior hockey. The HL is the USAHL of Canada, but there's three leagues instead of one, and then there's like the BHL, the AJHL, the MGHL.
Speaker 1: The you know, the SJHL.
Speaker 5: Those are all tier two junior leagues on par with the nall the CHL kids for I don't know ever, at least for years.
Speaker 3: And years until about the mid two thousands.
Speaker 5: Right, they were not allowed to play college hockey because they were either making too much money to play CHL hockey or they were playing against players that were making too much money because a lot of those CHL players were signed to NHL contracts already and then going you know, basically assigned back to their CCHL team to withhold another year of their rights or their team control. So if you're playing, it was a big faux pa in the NCAA that you can't play against kids making eight hundred thousand dollars a year. It broke the amateurism rules. It's the same reason why you can't go win the Birchmont and go, you know, call yourself an amateur golfer, or sorry, you can't go win a pro golf meet and then go play in the Berchemont and call yourself an amateur golfer.
Speaker 3: So and then because what was it we were talking Bruce Dustin and I were talking about this last week with it kind of coincided. Well, no, the shift which led to what you're describing was in the mid two thousands when you started to see the shift of college hockey and its influence on the NHL.
Speaker 4: No, you're good, I'm gonna I haven't recorded, so I'm gonna perfect.
Speaker 3: But so in the because prior to the mid to late two thousands, it was very rare to see a kid that played NCUA eight hockey. You'd have a couple here and there, but by and large, you weren't seeing large numbers making an impact in the NHL.
Speaker 5: Right it was what was at thirty percent of college hockey players have played pro. They played that commercial all the they played during the state tournament for years and years and years, and it was like Matt Reid was in some of those commercials, you know, to bring it back to but Mane State too. Yeah, No, you're you're spot on. That number is going to grow significantly. You look ten fifteen years down the road, that number is absolutely going to grow because now CHL kids that aren't drafted, basically we're not talking like anybody who isn't like a bona fide first two round pick if they run out of HL eligibility, even if they're under team controlled by the NHL team that's taken them. Do they want to give a more runway to develop, get bigger, faster, stronger, play against kids that are twenty four or twenty five years old in college instead of kids that are sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old old in the COCHL. They're gonna do that, and it's gonna give him a little It just extends the runway.
Speaker 3: And that's when Don Luccia, who at the time was still the Golfers head coach. It was him York from Boston, and one or two other coaches that were just it would have what they were proposing would have really screwed the Bemidges of the college hockey world because they wanted to limit how old kids could be. Yeah, coming down.
Speaker 5: The funny thing is when we were talking about our podcast, the CZCHA Reporters, car I interviewed a twenty five year old playing for Minnesota State today twenty.
Speaker 4: Five years old.
Speaker 5: He's a twenty five year old senior playing college hockey super senior. The kids that are playing in the CHL again are playing sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen year old kids with a handful of twenty year old kids right like that is a massive jump in size, speed, strength, everything, right and so well.
Speaker 3: At twenty five old, isn't a kid anymore, right, it's a grown man grown right, So you know it's interesting.
Speaker 5: But to bring it back to again the CHL part, like this is another shift in college hockey because the playerpool essentially got a thousand players bigger. You can take all the kids from the CCHL, any of them can come play college hockey. That's where Gavin McKenna came from. That's where Oliver pier in a lot of rispects came from. Now Oliver, the playerpool is even bigger than that though, because if you if you play CHL you're not good enough to sign a pro contract, or maybe you don't want to go play in the EHL, you can go play U Sports and the HL will pay for your scholarship to go play you sports. It's however many years you do in the CHL is however many years the CCHL will pay for you to go play U sports. U Sports is just Canadian college hockey. It was described to me as the most physical hockey league in all of Canada because it's all kids with either no skill who are just big, tough and will be part of you. Or kids who are really undersized, really smart, but maybe don't have the skill to go with it. But you know, it's it's just like a step doun think D three hockey, think you know that kind of hockey, right, But there are kids that play in the sports.
Speaker 3: Because you're talking about Canadian hockey, Canadian hockey. Ever, if you're gonna have a shot at going pro, you're not playing you sports correct.
Speaker 4: Never, it's very, very very if you're a kid.
Speaker 3: That's got anything any sort of potential, you're playing major juniors.
Speaker 5: Right You're playing major juniors when you're signing when you're like nineteen years old. Right right now, there are kids that like Oliver Pier. And Oliver Pier is the best example of this, and he's Vivigi State's best player this year. He's nineteen goals. There's only a handful of kids in the country who have scored more goals in Oliver Pier. At seventeen years old, Oliver Pier was playing Triple A hockey. He grew up in you know, Ontario. He wanted to play in the ohl. He said he sat there and watched all fifteen rounds of the OHL draft, didn't get picked. So he's like, okay, well I'll go play in the OJHL. I'll go play you know, junior A hockey. Well, all the OJHL teams were like, well you didn't get picked playing in you know the OHL, Well you're not good enough to play in the OJHL. I'll go play Triple A. And A's seventeen years old, the COVID year which got canceled. He was sitting there playing Triple A hockey, and he was sitting there with three acceptance letters to local colleges being like, I don't like nobody wants me. I'm just gonna go to school and pick up a degree. Because what's the point of keeping playing hockey at Triple A if I'm playing with kids that are three years younger than me, right, And so he's like, you know what, I'll give it one more year. I'll give it the summer. I'll think about it. And he's going around, he's skating with his friends in Ontario and he is practicing in August. He's practicing in front of a windsor spitfires coach or a scout for the in the OHL, and the stout comes up to him and says who are you and he goes, I don't know. He goes, well, where are you playing next year? He goes, I don't know. I don't have a spot. And they're like, well, come to our camp because I'm pretty sure you can make this team.
Speaker 3: So he goes.
Speaker 5: So he goes to Windsor, makes the team, signs there. He said he crushed it at camp. And then eight months later he's playing in the OHL Finals against Wyatt Johnston and Wyatt Johnson's on his team's and er Jack I bonafied NHL Or they're playing in their Hamilton versus the OHL finals. And then two months after that he's at the Pittsburgh Penguins development camp. Like this kid just developed a lot later than everybody else, and it's it's no fault of anybody.
Speaker 3: Some kids it just takes a.
Speaker 4: Little bit longer.
Speaker 5: We call him late bloomers, right, They're called late bloomers for a reason. And now he wasn't ready to go play HL hockey or even EHL hockey when his time the CHL was done. He needed another year to get his feet under him. He goes and plays U sports, tears it up and when the CHL rule change. Now he can come play college hockey Division one and Bimigie State was right on it. They got him in the door and he's like, holy shit, this is awesome, Like I don't have to play in front of two hundred people anymore in nowhere in Canada, Like I mean two hundred.
Speaker 3: It was at the Friday night Saint Thomas game.
Speaker 4: Twenty five hundred there for that, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Said so they include season ticket holders, it doesn't pay. It also includes like media members and all the players on the benches and stuff. So is one to attendance starts at three hundred every game. So but you know, now you look at a kid like that, though, and he's when whenever he's done in college, whether it's after this year, after next year, after the year after that, whenever he is, he's going to sign an AHL deal because now he's good enough to sign it. And it's like that just gave him the runway. That is a perfect BMIJI State kid. Because the big schools aren't gonna pay attention to you sports.
Speaker 4: They don't have to.
Speaker 5: They can get they can get the younger, hotshot kids that can come in and we're a little bit more guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Most of their kids will be ready to step in within a year or two. They might need a year or two of juniors, but they'll be ready to play Major dal one hockey. Yeah by the time they're nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should just have Scott on your show or something.
Speaker 4: I've done this a lot.
Speaker 1: We're gonna skip a couple of beers anyways.
Speaker 4: Bimiji State plays Augustanda of this week and it series in aug That's the opening round to the repeat of last year.
Speaker 5: It's a rematch of last year's game with passion. I graduated from there.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why I said it's looking at for it.
Speaker 4: So anyway, will you good a series?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be fine. All right, let's do quickly through the wild while they're back.
Speaker 3: We have a new franchise goals leader.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably I was gonna place que I didn't play this first.
Speaker 9: This is why we're in the state of hockey. Deer buds, it's time to talk about you mean he throw it a wild?
Speaker 1: Holy shit?
Speaker 3: We crowd chan is the best version of the goal song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't hate shout, I really don't.
Speaker 1: This is way better.
Speaker 4: It is better, But I don't hate shout. I think it's over hated.
Speaker 3: This got a little diluted league wide. When ever, the Islanders started using it too, because the Islanders US crowd chan as well. However, Carill caprice off number ninety seven has two hundred and twenty career goals now, which makes him the loan leader for franchise school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he said, which is, if.
Speaker 3: You think about it, in the twenty six seasons, we've had the Wild back now, who have, as I've told you guys before, have been here as long now as the original North Stars iteration is in Minnesota, fucking shut the fuck up nineteen sixty seven to nineteen ninety two. The Wild have been here as long now. So let it go, Let it go. But Norm Green still sucks.
Speaker 1: I would say, like you you're so hell bent on him, like you hate him with a passion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking Norman Green. But so in twenty six years we've had two players that have gotten to two hundred and nineteen goals. That's a tough stretch.
Speaker 1: Is a tough stretch. So they beat the hell out of the Lightning, which Lightning are generally a good team, aren't they. Yeah, Okay, they kicked the hell out of them and they lost the Blues on Sunday one to three. Not gonna play against the Golden Knights in La in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Vegas has not beaten a team in a playoff position since November twentieth.
Speaker 1: That's all right, I've been good.
Speaker 3: It's finally good that they're experience in some adversity and.
Speaker 4: They lost mark Stone.
Speaker 1: Good again. Well he'll come back to playoffs. Tho. Ch oh. Good.
Speaker 4: He's actually hurt now.
Speaker 3: So starting this season, you have to be cap compliant in the playoffs as well.
Speaker 5: You can't use the lt IR kind of kind of there's you're you're, you're almost there. You can use lt i R up to twenty five percent of a player's contract through the end of the regular season. Then you can like you can go twenty five percent over per player. So if mark Stone's making eight million a year, they can use two million of it for lt i R through the rest of the year unless he's out through the end of the playoffs, and then they can use all eight million.
Speaker 1: I did not go back.
Speaker 3: He can't be sitting on IR right now and then come back right They can't. They can't add a player what they did with a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 5: They can't add a player worth three million and then bring Stone back and then be a million dollars over the cap. Right, But if Stone doesn't come back, same with what they did with Petraangelo. Petraangelo is just done done now saying with Tyler Sagan, it's doubt. It's like you can shelve that money. Shaye Weber, Yes, car.
Speaker 1: Who Sorry Karen would I thought Weber?
Speaker 3: That's not his wife?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Ryan McDonough McDonough it was a Weber, wasn't It wasn't.
Speaker 4: No, he played for Nashville though, Yeah, I thought it was Ryan McDonough that was married to Carrie.
Speaker 1: Let's find out here. What did you guys?
Speaker 3: I can see the name right now, but it's right on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I swore it was Ryan.
Speaker 1: Talks about yourself. The keyword is Delaware. Delaware.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the wild look good last night. Yeah, gost looked really good.
Speaker 3: Looks good. So to that point, the name floated around as our major trade chip is yesper do you I watched did you watch the T n T broadcast? And how Hank Hendrik Lundquist was like, I wouldn't mess with that, though they've got good chemistry between Gustafson and Walston.
Speaker 5: If you're not getting a first line center, I don't even consider it. And then even then you have to really consider it for to get rid of Aalstat. The thing there, there's like one deal I can think of that I would take for Valstat, and it would be, first of all, I think you actually need a goalie coming back in return, Mike Fisher. Mike Fisher, you need a goalie coming back. And I think there is one trade that could work, and it would be Volstadt, straym al pick prospect right loaded up. It has to be a big package, probably maybe even a Hartman going back. That's why you added depth center yesterday. And then you get Robert Thomas from the Blues, and you also get Jordan Bennington coming back.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I've seen Bennington's name mentioned.
Speaker 5: I don't think either of them are going to get traded, and it would be it'd be like, oh, really Bennington.
Speaker 3: Because nobody especially right but welcome. But he's also so the do you think him and Fleur would fight and practice?
Speaker 5: It would be like they if for some reason, Biddington ends up in a Wild jersey and they don't do like one of those like little social videos where they just kind of fight like that would be a disservice.
Speaker 3: There was so many people on social media during the Olympics because Fleury still lives in Minnesoti practices he was. He was doing it the whole Olympics because two of our three goalies were gone, well three of our four goalies, because our top HL goalie plays for Slovakia, which apparently they're saying that the Wild are very high on him. And if if they did trade false, Yeah, they would.
Speaker 5: Still have cal Peterson to who they signed as like a depth goalie to like all these catches with his.
Speaker 1: Right hand, which what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: It just makes me weirds me.
Speaker 1: Out on.
Speaker 3: The right hand.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, but you guys didn't play goalie, No, his brother did.
Speaker 4: I played goalie.
Speaker 3: You guys all got a few screws loose.
Speaker 4: Sure, what does your brother? What does your brother play in?
Speaker 3: Grand Rapids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I thought, see just from my dad grew up well, Scott, what else do you who never mind?
Speaker 3: Best friend growing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The Wild they're good.
Speaker 5: They're really good and hopefully Vince and trow Checks and Green and Yellow. You see these kids, Well, I'm not getting traded.
Speaker 3: Like what, I got a team here.
Speaker 4: Troe Check is the perfect thing.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 5: It's the problem is that he doesn't want to play in the West. He's older though too, so yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: Only five and a half million a year.
Speaker 3: Right, But there's a lot of people are like, oh, you got to give up a number one to get him. No, no, you're not giving up a first round for one. We don't have one to give up. They do have one more.
Speaker 5: I actually everybody, you know, I listen to a lot of NHL pod thirty two Thoughts is my favorite podcast ever. No offense to this one or my own podcast.
Speaker 1: But the Adelson my own either.
Speaker 5: Everybody keeps saying it's a buyer's and if teams are Paigi and the prices are going to get lower, nothing has told us this is a buyer's market with uh, you know, Michael McCarran getting a second round pick, like sure, I guess it's a feels like a depth center need. He can win a lot of face offs. He's not worth a second round pick, and Tyler Myers is not worth a second round pick and a fourth round pick for the Dallas Stars Cole Smith, who I was on my high school team playing for Renard. He is not worth a third round pick, probably just in the context of NHL trades like it's so, it's not necessarily a buyer's market, and I think the price for troe Check is steep. It starts with strayml. You probably have to give him another center going back, and it's likely Nico Storm in that sense, because why would you add McCarran.
Speaker 3: Ifout it and then sterms specialty. Why he got brought back was face offs. He was the number four ring center last season in faceoff percentage, So that's why they went and got him.
Speaker 5: Because do you wonder if he's still banged up because he didn't start the year healthy because it hasn't gone as well as it should have.
Speaker 3: No, he was brought in for to be a role player though, right you know, I'm sure the Olympics in Germany didn't help him a whole lot either.
Speaker 4: No, definitely not.
Speaker 3: The Delanhill goal was sick.
Speaker 1: I saw that too.
Speaker 4: I think Delan was gonna win the state title.
Speaker 1: Do what we can actually get into the high school hockey. That the next thing.
Speaker 3: We'll finish our thought here. But I don't storm second go around with us. He was brought back for one reason, one reason alone was to win face offs and cup experience.
Speaker 5: Right, that too, because Colorado and Florida. Yeah, Florida last year, right, I don't think he won two in Florida.
Speaker 3: I think Florida. He was, he was in Colorado two years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't have enough guys like that though, You really can't.
Speaker 3: Right, But that's why they went out and got Tarasenko though too as well.
Speaker 5: And he's been like he was a slow start, but then like he's finally coming around, right Is he back to his prime or he can't.
Speaker 4: His back is too fucked up for that. I mean he looks old when he plays.
Speaker 1: Oh great so, but but if.
Speaker 3: They play Dallas, he always goes off against Dallas.
Speaker 4: It's it just sucks.
Speaker 1: It's not one eight.
Speaker 3: It just sucks that they really I listen to Worst Seats in the House with do they bitch about it all? Russo or not? Russel la panta loathes the current format? Yeah, me too, it should be I fully agree one to eight to seven. Yeah, bring it back. There's no reason because right now the Western Conference it one, two, three is two.
Speaker 4: Of the top three teams in the Western Conference are not going to make the Western.
Speaker 3: Conference because two of the three of them or all three of them are in the Central Division, right and yeah, and even if you.
Speaker 5: Want to reward a division winner, where you do, okay, the top division winner gets the one, the top division division winner gets the two, the rest are seated three through three through eight.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with that, Like that's like if you should mean something to win your division.
Speaker 5: Sure, it shouldn't be like the NBA where divisions don't matter at all and they're they're for nothing, like that's that's stupid. But yeah, no, it sucks. But I actually, I don't know, I feel more confident this year. But Quinn Hughes is just like lights out, like it's it's hard. I don't even know how he skates like that, Like it's how does how is he physically capable of skating like that?
Speaker 4: Like it's it's just fucking insane.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of people that are like, what's going on with Krill after we got Hughes and whatnot? He because Hughes is going to take a lot of focus off, right.
Speaker 1: But it's fine. That's good.
Speaker 3: He's also what fifty points since Minnesota's gotten him or something. He's gotten it like multiple assists.
Speaker 5: Yeah, almost nightly the wild, the wild of the highest scoring team in the NHL since they've got Quinn, right, which is just insane.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 5: It went from the worst scoring defensive team in the entire NHL with the fewest amount of points by any defenseman to the most since I.
Speaker 10: Love it, all right, correct, thank god? Okay, we're gott we're audio over an hour.
Speaker 3: What happens when you have a sports editor on a show I know and we start talking sports.
Speaker 1: I just want to go into fucking two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: We'll speed through the last four of this, all right, Well, Minnesota High school hockey tournament. It started this morning, Travis, your Blue jackets, full start, full start for the Blue but they pulled out the w moving on.
Speaker 1: He's flying back back right now from Florida.
Speaker 4: Cathedral and MOTAMEDI was a great game this morning.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: Didn't see that.
Speaker 4: One fantastic game Moto meat I two to one.
Speaker 5: I actually did not see the top the winning goal, but it came with under like five minutes left, theed out of power play light or midway through the third period, didn't score, and right, I won it.
Speaker 3: And right now we're watching man Cato West and delan O. Delan was up two to one.
Speaker 4: It's my state title.
Speaker 3: Pick five minutes left in the first period.
Speaker 1: They're nasty. The big the big.
Speaker 3: School start tomorrow night. My Elma matter Grand Rapids.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's Travis's.
Speaker 3: Back in the dance.
Speaker 4: What do you got win in the double A tournament? And if you can't pick Grand.
Speaker 1: Rabits, no more Head, Morehead is this.
Speaker 3: Section eight?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: I hate I hate more Head for a lot of reason.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you what.
Speaker 4: They've done that.
Speaker 5: I just don't like their the people themselves, the teams were whatever, but what the perception they get from a state wide level drives me absolutely insane. But I'll leave it at that because I don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be, So the powers I'll take my powers at be.
Speaker 4: I'll take Minnetonka.
Speaker 1: I be honest, I didn't see any brackets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, skippers, there's like Minnetonka more Head, Uh, probably Dina could win it.
Speaker 4: Like there's a lot of teams that could win it.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a great field, it's a great tournament outside of Minnetaka.
Speaker 4: Gentry sucks. So like Gentry's not.
Speaker 3: Gonna be private schools, right, I don't care. But it's the old meme you see going around Facebook this time here state hockey tournament playoff where everyone hates the Metro but every or when the North hates the Metro but everybody hates the Dina.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: That's that was one of my favorite things, not the Dyna stuff, but that came out of girls state hockey. I'll tell this really quick story, and there's where we were talking after the war Rold beat Dodge County in overtime in the Class A semi finals. Those two teams had played in the last two state championship games, and the Dodge County coach comes in and he's like, yeah, I know. To be honest, I was hoping that our seatings would shake out in the way that you know, war Road would get one of Brecker Blake and we'd get one of the others of Black or Blake. We'd both take out of private school and meet in the state championship again. So even on the coach level. There's still a little bit of resemmant towards the private schools, which warms my heart as a Northern Minnesota.
Speaker 3: They really need to have their own conference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then you take away the villains, like you have to. Sports needs villain, right, But nobody hates he Dina that much. Like if he Dina plays gentry, everybody's cheering for you Dina because everybody.
Speaker 3: That would hurt me. I'll tell you I would, it would hurt.
Speaker 5: Most people wouldn't watch. But then if the people that would be like, I guess, I'll take you Dine.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. On the West end of the Cities Albertville, Saint Michael, so STMA. Yeah, is it the Eaters of the West of the Cities?
Speaker 5: Sure, because that's I also can't talk too much about a Dynad because that's where my girlfriend's from and her parents live.
Speaker 4: So and she went to eater But no, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Every day I need attention. Don't worry. She transferred to banilla.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Oh, even worse.
Speaker 1: Do you know where the song is from? This bed?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: It's an eight bit song? I don't know. Scott knows because he's played all the time.
Speaker 3: No, no blades of steal.
Speaker 5: Sorry alright, I can't say I'm young anymore. I turned thirty, soh look at you. We're almost forty almost.
Speaker 3: I got carded.
Speaker 1: We're all in our thirties.
Speaker 3: I got carted today buying tobacco and nicotine free coffee pouches.
Speaker 4: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 3: I looked at the cashiers, like, there's no tobacco or nicotine in these, They're just coffee pouches.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of caffeine in it, though, and here they should be carded for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you will watch out Scott anyways. Uh yeah, So I just quickly run through the state tournament that's happening for for hockey girls was last week. This boys, I was a fun time to watch. Hockey hair, of course, is probably one of the best.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch the video afterwards. It's all hockey hair.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: He said he was gonna retire from it like four years ago.
Speaker 5: He says it all the time, and he never retires, and it's like, oh crazy, it makes a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Maybe you shouldn't retire.
Speaker 1: Probably don't do that. Anyways, let's quickly move on to.
Speaker 3: I will say, I do think it's kind of cool that a high school hockey tournament regularly over the course of these next four days, the attendance every day for this will outdraw n h L team, especially in South or like any This for US is football in Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get that. I totally get that. Next one is a USA baseball so they just started. He just started first game. Buxton hit a hit a home run.
Speaker 4: Still an exhibition today it is, but yeah, they.
Speaker 3: He was hanging out with a kid today.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Does he pop a hammy during this?
Speaker 1: You don't say that? Boo? No?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Buxing hit a home run today against Colorado.
Speaker 3: Does Jared know about your shot bet?
Speaker 1: No? But let me play the shot bet for you though, find the button for it. I had a lot more buttons the past few weeks.
Speaker 3: You should search shot bet.
Speaker 6: It's Joe time.
Speaker 2: It's now time for another beer belly sports bets.
Speaker 1: All right. So the shot bet that I have is that I say that Joe Ryan will be traded this offseason. It has till May April.
Speaker 3: So this month, at some point, basically, he's going to get traded before opening days.
Speaker 1: Matt's bet.
Speaker 3: It's not. This was this was made what two months ago, well before Pablo shredded his elbow?
Speaker 4: What what's what happens if he doesn't get traded?
Speaker 1: I think shot? Oh wow, what a punishment? Uh no, there's ugly shot.
Speaker 5: Now, Okay, yeah, that is. There are some there are some punishments on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not fun and Travis crew had to take a few of them before, like consecutively.
Speaker 3: It was did you say there's an orange version?
Speaker 1: There's an orange version of it's gross pass and it's at you know, free ear though free uh free shot out to the Wilton liquor store, because I think the only one I see.
Speaker 4: That has it shout out to the Wilton Lakers story.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a that's a shot.
Speaker 3: That be what they always have in the paper bag for the mystery shot.
Speaker 1: Could be who knows what there? All? Right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was really Baseball World Baseball Classic kicks off.
Speaker 1: When tomorrow I think when it starts out the pool play starts, I think tomorrow the next day, one of the two. But it's starting and.
Speaker 3: Is this becoming an annual thing?
Speaker 4: No, it's like two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three years. I thought it was it two years years ago.
Speaker 4: Something. It was one of my favorite base like you know, I was watching like that.
Speaker 3: Well at that point they were still teammates.
Speaker 4: Right, and we didn't think we'd ever see it, and then now we could see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can see it. It's great, it's fun. Let's take a quick break. But women come back. We have misconnections which I did read. I did read this morning, but we'll see how it goes. How are they play? Yeah, you know, look at this little bit Morephis is under that.
Speaker 3: You also got some Wiskipedia. When you come back, Jared's going to the box two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the body, be back a little bit. Beer Belly Sports, Can Yamo be there.
Speaker 3: One more time? I'm going to Yamo burn this place to the ground.
Speaker 9: You're listening to it to beer Belly Sports there, don't shout.
Speaker 1: Oh. They continued to be the semipro the sports dooc world.
Speaker 3: Hey Brews, why are.
Speaker 1: You loading a recliner, a TV and a fridge into your truck.
Speaker 11: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home choice in Bamiji use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 1: Hold up, you actually Use a promo.
Speaker 11: Code heck yeah, mentioned Beer Belly Sports in store and boom bus off your items.
Speaker 1: I'm heading there right now.
Speaker 4: Do they sell cageraiders?
Speaker 11: Oh, they've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 3: Head to home choice in Bumigi today. Use promo code BBS or Beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 8: This is Lois from the Knob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of it Taska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 2: Take your next gathering legendary with Herbert and Gerbert's catering. Why settle to the ordinary when you can have extraordinary subs inside this holiday season, take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbert's Colossus giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody m smiley. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take catered to the ball. Unwrap the flavor with Erbert and Gibbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gibbert's on the corner of fifteen ten Bamigie Avenue. There's nothing like a summer night at the ballpark in Bimige.
Speaker 3: Swing on.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a strikeout and for the.
Speaker 2: Third straight year, Beer Belly Sports Radio Network it's proud to be broadcasting local baseball.
Speaker 10: It's swung on, gonna be dropping, dropping, dropping, indeed gap and that's gonna get one, two bases, maybe three.
Speaker 1: Kileemnkey is gonna get a triple.
Speaker 2: This season, We're bringing you live home games of the Vamigi Bucks and the Bemigi Blue Oox, keeping local baseball alive and well, one pitch at a time.
Speaker 1: Bit this one swung out on the left field.
Speaker 10: This one back back back, and this one is gone. Landing Hanson smoke that ball out in the left field. A grand slam for a landing hands in my goodness, I think took off on a rocket.
Speaker 2: Calling the action is met. Get free unplay by play and colored commentary from Bruce Lake and now in the booth with real Paul Park insights former Blue Haox players Travis Caruth and Sam Carberer.
Speaker 10: Pitch this one swung on, gonna be a flair in left field.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna get it, gonna hit nowhere.
Speaker 10: Camp justs is gonna round and score for the Bucks, and we have another tie ball game.
Speaker 2: You'll catch every hits, strikeouts and late hitting rally streaming live on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Speaker 10: Pitch swung on out to left field, this one back back, back, back all the way and this one is gone for time. Lundan Lockett cock it rocket restock at that ball is out of here.
Speaker 2: And if you're a local business looking to support local baseball, this is your chance to be heard about the same fans filling in the bleachers.
Speaker 10: Pitch swung on going to be thrown over to bankaradio at two. Throw back to first and time. That is a five four three double play to end the side.
Speaker 2: From pregame to postgame. Your business becomes part of the Midge's Summers soundtrack. Email BBSPORTSMN at gmail dot com to advertise with the Beer Belly Sports Radio Network and help continue supporting local baseball with local advertising. Beer Belly Sports Radio Network proudly covering the midgietown ball one summer at a time.
Speaker 3: If I hear Yamo be there one more time, I'm going to Yamo burn this place to the ground.
Speaker 9: You're listening to it a Beer Belly Sports there, don't you know? They continue to be the semipro of the sports doc world.
Speaker 12: At Paul Buon Communications, you're more than a customer. You're a member of our local broadband cooperative. And as a cooperative, we invest right back into the communities we call home, building better broadband, supporting local pride and organizations, and working every day to make our region a better place to live and work. We're proud to deliver world class connectivity across Northern Minnesota because strong communities grow from strong connections. We're Paul Bunyan Communications powered by the Gigazoe.
Speaker 11: Are you a fan of Minnesota Sports.
Speaker 1: Do you need some Minnesota gear?
Speaker 11: If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their upail is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on supersoft supercomfy shirts and hoodies.
Speaker 1: You'll love it.
Speaker 11: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesota's code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. It's time for Matt's very favorite portion of the show. It is the live portion of the show where we get to do fun games. Listen to Matt Butcher misconnections. It's all right, show off his sixth.
Speaker 1: Grade read what I can. Who's with us as well?
Speaker 3: I got to my right. We got Matthew, John Geffrey, Angelica as Bruce like to say, and to my left. We got the sports reporter from the Bamigi Pioneer, mister Jared robutto sure is that how I pronounce it? I butchered it.
Speaker 4: I did everybody Butcher.
Speaker 3: I could not get.
Speaker 1: I get Jeffrey constantly.
Speaker 4: I have to check myself to not call you Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I got called Griffy one time. I'm not black, nor am I really good at but I do all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah that somebody needs to maybe just makes it a water next time.
Speaker 3: The brilliant does not swing like him either.
Speaker 1: I so my mom. I had a conversation with mom the other day when I was in youth sports that playing baseball, I had King Griffey swing. My mom swears up and down that I was like to start, so you do it, and I sucked. Now you saw me play baseball and softball, and they'm like not more compact and.
Speaker 3: Warning track power.
Speaker 1: Same with you. Same, I'm built a little little taller.
Speaker 3: You more stout, Yeah, a little more barrel stove.
Speaker 1: Now barrel stove. Well, I never heard. I just never heard used that before. So intrigued. All right, miss connections.
Speaker 2: I never have a pockward encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn searching for love on the Internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: All right, so before you start, quick, justin. A lot of people go to college for seven years. Yeah, they're called doctors.
Speaker 1: See you make sure I got the right Okay, I do, all right? So this first one again, I did it this morning. I read it just once this morning. You know how it goes. I try to find a love on the internet on misconnections, either on Reddit or Craigslist, and that's always the best one. Craigslist is always the lettered it does. And then the Craigslist is always the Minnesota ones. Sometimes they're good, so then they're bad and the ones that Bruce hates the most. Where you could just go back in.
Speaker 3: She works at Red Lobster, So go back yeah, go tell her you should like that you work the coffee drive through at Cariboo.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's true. This one bit of a long one. First, of course, out of the gates.
Speaker 4: That's test tales read five minutes later.
Speaker 3: Assholes? What is this?
Speaker 4: What is this letter that it looks like an upside on triangle with an a what's the other thing is that an a.
Speaker 1: Is this geometry? No update, I didn't go jondre update to the original post that includes important details. Maybe you're the man that isn't named Jordan. Maybe you aren't fifty, maybe you aren't even an engineer, and maybe you are a compulsive liar. Dot dot dot but dot dot dot dot. Did you go to the Big rec slash Live show in Sketchewan on Saturday night? Did you have a fabulous time with a ginger girl and for good to get her number? Maybe these details will help me jog your memory. Your last concert at the Sagtall Center was the last Metallica show. You convinced a fourteen year old boy at his first concert to share his popcorn with you. What a dick. You look young for your apparent age. You have all of your hair. In fact, you have four gray hairs and they are all in your beard. You took the time to show me. That sounds like something I.
Speaker 4: Would do too, something I absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like beer weird and that night you had a lot of beer weird weird. It's not me, by the way.
Speaker 3: Up in Saskatchewan.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. My idea works.
Speaker 3: You don't have a passport.
Speaker 1: No, you get in Canada with really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really enhanced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be an enhanced idea, not just a real ID.
Speaker 1: I had mine somewhere. It's one before you left it at the Sastel Center and soccer I did, damn it. Uh you asked me to marry you twice? Are you sure this is you?
Speaker 3: Matthew love Bomb Geffrey.
Speaker 1: Oh that's enough. You declare that in a return for being a kept woman, I would need to make you daily sandwiches, cook your dinner when you get home from work. It does like me when you when you said would you do you use the phrase kept woman?
Speaker 3: That was above his vocabulary level. A. I totally wrote this kind of like how you were trying to use that as a stole whatever word, And I'm like, what the fuck word are you even talking about?
Speaker 1: Uh? Can they go? Tom Hanks, focus on this. You said you would garden today, you garden together and have a greenhouse. You made me a promise. I would. I would love your cat, obviously not me. I fucking hate cats. Look, Jordan, you were a lot of fun. We both we both sang and dance and part of like it was nineteen ninety nine. I need more than this memory of you from the from the most fun I had in three hours of my life. You made a lot of promises. I would break my I would break my heart if this I'm sorry, it would break my heart if this marriage proposal wasn't indeed heartfelt meaningful to you. However, the only promise I will I want you to keep right now is to follow update. Because let's face it, I'm fun and you're a blast Between the two of us, how can one date be anything but more exceptional than the last I know you are. I know you are maybe feeling shy now Heck, I'm embarrassed too. I didn't mean for this being public dot dot dot, but listen to me, Jordan. We are in this together. We've gotten this far dot dot dot doesn't Doesn't it just seem right to complete this connection? So we can just let tens of thousands of people who are viewing this post now Now, Now how successful finding love or fun with strangers at a concert that you both attended by yourselves can be.
Speaker 3: You have grumpy old men last year.
Speaker 1: I got a text for her by the way too, I'll show you. Okay, you know exactly where to find me dot dot dot Oh my love cautious knowledge seventy five. I don't know if that's her snappers.
Speaker 3: I heard ID tag, Yeah, use your ID.
Speaker 1: Something like that, all right, next one? Or you're gonna say something because he pulled someone up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna show Jared the message chain yesterday when you're like, I'm an escatel.
Speaker 1: Oh esoterical approach. So basically, I just I just half asked. I look at the box score to go.
Speaker 3: That's not what that word means even.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I tried misconnections on Craigslist. The replies are wild replies. They are fucking wild. I thought, I thought. I tried here today in Winko one thirm. We we made the eye contact in the fruit section and I felt the flame emoji. You have dark features, dark shirt and a hat. You were alone. I'm the girl in the black long sleeves and a ponytail. I don't know why either of us said anything, but I was in a hurry and felt regret. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I thought I'd give us a try and try to find you. Sorry, it's not allowed. PS no flares for this type of situation. Should we add one if you want to?
Speaker 4: I guess these people need more friends who are a therapist.
Speaker 1: Good one misconnection March first long shot. But maybe you are on here dot dot dot miss connection. At Disneyland yesterday Sunday, we met on a We met on Space Mountain.
Speaker 3: Shock, the happiest place he allegedly.
Speaker 1: And our kids bonded and they we spent half the day together. I felt so bad for not following up. My kids kept talking about both of you. Maybe we can all be friends and the kids can play video games.
Speaker 3: Question Mark, distract the kids, Yeah, yeah, distract the.
Speaker 1: Kids go to bed real quick. Not you? Oh never anyways? Uh, Minnesota time, Oakdale liquor store. Beautiful blonde, Uh, driving a black suv wearing a camel sweater. You smelled so good as well. I waved. I waved as you were leaving. You waved back, probably thinking I was probably someone that you knew. I would love to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Sometimes call me crazy, But if the first person you're, first thing you're starting with is you smelled so good, like, that's such a.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Say it because then it's getting political.
Speaker 1: Gg I love to hear. I love to hear you play. It's not gg Martin that Scott punched in the face, allegedly, but I love to hear you play. We had an amazing conversation and you heard you know, it's not I mean, maybe this is down to inver Grove, so maybe I would.
Speaker 3: I would laugh if twenty eight years later somebody said I remember that fucker.
Speaker 1: I'm going to reach out and ask. Anyways, we had an a maids of conversation, and you were right. I did. I did think about you. I said, Look, you're right, I did think about you when I got home. You made me think a lot about art. I would love to hear you play your cello. Allegedly, things go all right, fair ball. Running into each other has been It has been great to seeing you so randomly these past few months after so many years. Nice to see we still have that connection. I'll be down less over the next few months, but let's stay in touch this time. Obviously one person trying to pull the fuck away. It's like, no, all right, I think this is the last one.
Speaker 3: Yoga pants, all right, God's gift to men.
Speaker 1: All right, this is in Fargo, alright, alright, all right, thank you, Mancy. I'll jesus I love the snug fit. If you're willing to share a picture of your wonderful, wondrous curves, please do. No, that was weak. Uh, that's misconnections. This week, Justin's been comedy as like go Matt still lines from Courtney's shut up pines.
Speaker 3: I know, but he probably meant Matt still pines for court.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh I fore the next one? Okay, well that happens. No, I don't though she's not well.
Speaker 3: Broke my heart and I've hated Valentine's Day ever.
Speaker 1: Said fucking sucks. That's miss connections this week.
Speaker 3: I was tipped, but it just kind of the goalie'd got.
Speaker 4: These Delano helmets are disgusting.
Speaker 3: I like the cream color.
Speaker 4: The jerseys are fine. The helmets being cream is really throwing me off.
Speaker 1: My brother.
Speaker 3: So the Iowa Wild have a cream colored jersey. Yeah, the cream color. My brother loves it. Really, He's like, Minnesota needs that color.
Speaker 5: Cobo Lake State does it too. They have the cream helmets. It doesn't look good for them either.
Speaker 4: But I don't mind the Iowa Wild ones because it's because now that you mentioned have they compliment each.
Speaker 3: Other though, Yeah, cream in the forest greens yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it doesn't look good with Teleno. They should just have black.
Speaker 1: Help black helmets blended with their pants.
Speaker 4: It's better than orange.
Speaker 3: I say the same thing with like San Jose no even oh yeah, and Anaheim black breezers back, yeah, black helmets.
Speaker 5: Those I like when the sharks go back to black. And they also started wearing their throwbacks to those.
Speaker 1: Are sick that teal a teal looking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's sorry, not to dive back in.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's fine, all right. We do wiskipedia, a rad wiskipedia. So this is not what we know. It's what Jared knows, and and there are some good ones in here. I know we did the mayor last week and I think he got two of them, right, two or three?
Speaker 3: Three or four?
Speaker 1: Actually? Are you doing five or ten? Tenet? Pretty quick?
Speaker 5: Because I've done ten the previous two times, and I'm shooting for five. I think now that I remember I got four on the second time.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, so are you ready, Jared?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Question number one number one back on July fifth, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Six, even born, I was three months old or something like that.
Speaker 3: The first mammal a sheep was successfully cloned. What was its name?
Speaker 1: I remember this.
Speaker 4: I don't have a fucking clue.
Speaker 3: I just passed it's Dolly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Come on with the Augie. You should know this.
Speaker 4: I was not pre med or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But that was like huge news and they still talk about it from time to time. I missed me, alright. Question number two, number two, what was the name of Snoopy's bird friend?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I could give you one hint and it would be a total giveaway.
Speaker 5: It's like Mike Fisher. It's like I can I can see the name, and it's just it's just sitting right there. You're gonna have to say it. I this is this is embarrassing. This is a bad one.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: You can say it's wrong. But the most famous outdoor music festival.
Speaker 4: What's talk for me?
Speaker 1: I'll give it to him.
Speaker 3: No, No, that does not count. That does not I told you the clue would be very obvious, all right. Question number three, what is the name of the presidential retreat property located in Pennsylvania? Like the property or the town, the name of the facility.
Speaker 1: Any words of Johnny Carson. I did not know.
Speaker 4: I'm also gonna follow Johnny Carson.
Speaker 3: It is camp David.
Speaker 4: I probably should have known that one.
Speaker 1: Alrighty looking good? Three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh three, we're back to when I got like two.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're just just like the lines, you know how they start out.
Speaker 4: Well, if I get two, I can like run for mayor, so I would never I would never run for mayor.
Speaker 3: All right. Question four. If something were to happen to the president or the vice president, who is next in line for the presidency.
Speaker 5: I got two answers in my head, and I don't know which one's right. Is it the Speaker of the House, that is correct? I? Yeah, what was your other one?
Speaker 4: I was saying Secretary of the State, but that it just didn't didn't sound right.
Speaker 1: And I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm an idiot politically, like I like after like tenth grade, like in one year out the other.
Speaker 4: It's all right, I never got it either, already.
Speaker 3: Question number five. This plant is said to eliminate four times the amount of carbon dioxide compared to a tree.
Speaker 4: I was gonna guess a tree, ah, sunflower.
Speaker 3: It is the hemp plant.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Interesting, you learn that you learn something.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Who would have thought you learned something on Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 3: The question number six Lassie was what type of dog?
Speaker 4: Who's last?
Speaker 1: Oh? What? No?
Speaker 3: You don't know who lasts?
Speaker 4: What am I missing?
Speaker 5: There are big gaps of knowledge from like a pop culture and entertainment sam.
Speaker 1: I right, okay, I'm right.
Speaker 4: Can I get a Can I get some context as to who Lassie is?
Speaker 3: Was a So Lastie was a show in like the sixties and seventies, fifties, sixties.
Speaker 1: I think sixties.
Speaker 3: It was on like TV Land a lot. But the dog would like rescue people all Oh oh oh, I.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. I think I saw a clip from the show on Twitter last week. Oh my god, is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think I'm gonna know the breed of the dog. But I think I saw like somebody like doing like that. You know, it's sixties TV, right, and so they like have somebody like they're gonna they can't see gi a dog in the sixties, so they have somebody put on a dog costume in like mimic of humans. Right, is it like a I'm just gonna guess the Saint Bernard, But it's not that kind of dog.
Speaker 3: Last he was a colleague.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Think I think I know what it's now I can see the dog, but it's not. Yeah, okay, sorry, So I'm what one for five? Yes, I need to go on a run. No, you're one for six right now? Oh shit, that's brainer math.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. Man. It's all good because he because he got one. It's all mad, all right.
Speaker 4: Oh, I gotta get. I gotta get like at least.
Speaker 3: Up to three. This one might throw you for a loop then too. This eighties era action TV show revolved around a government agent who uses his ingenuity and basic basic items, including his trusty Swiss Army enough to get himself out of tricky situation.
Speaker 1: A little hint, he's from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: And he actually played semi professional hockey.
Speaker 1: No, oh man, he's really.
Speaker 4: Can you can you repeat the question for me real quick?
Speaker 1: At things?
Speaker 3: So eighties era action TV show. He was a government agent that uses his ingenuity and oftentime basic items, including his trust the giver. That is correct, it's been remade now macgroover, But no they actually now, like a couple of years ago, they regurgitated mcgiver back yep, all right, two for seven. Question number eight, number eight. This Ford vehicle was discontinued after numerous lawsuits in which the vehicle would explode if rear ended.
Speaker 4: Oh can I ask a like, did they end up re remaking it in the future?
Speaker 3: They did not, So this is gone. This is gone.
Speaker 4: Then I have no fucking clue, not not even a clue.
Speaker 3: It was the four pinto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no chance I was gonna I like, so I said when I was in radio. I said, like I used to drive I drive my three wheel four pinto here just because it was funny to me. Oh if I would have got the joker, Yeah, it's okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number nine, number nine. This famous western outlawn his game tried tried to rob a bank in Northfield, Minnesota in eighteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: Not a clue Banger saw by the way too.
Speaker 3: Jesse James and the James Younger Gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't getting one, Jesse James from Chaer Banger.
Speaker 3: Alright, And question number ten, this common kitchen item has a chemical formula of NaCl. That is.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 4: That was my only guess.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 3: So you got I'll take it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll take it three out of ten. That's all right.
Speaker 4: It's not my worst showing, but still not my best.
Speaker 1: So it's all matter. You got one. There was the music there it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was right what Justin said.
Speaker 1: I just didn't understood it. I was reading the other stuff.
Speaker 5: I should have got what stock That one's gonna kill now, I'm gonna say about later. I'm gonna think about that for every single second of the ride home.
Speaker 3: All right, here's a bonus question for you regarding Snoopy. Sure when he was flying his make believe playing, who was he playing?
Speaker 1: As you know, great pizza by the way to it's not a giveaway, Well, I mean it's it's not great pizza. There's other When I was a kid, that was a.
Speaker 3: Good The red baron.
Speaker 4: Makes sense.
Speaker 5: Probably should have connected that with the pizza. Sorry, yeah, I know, that's all right. I mean is way better than of course, then I haven't sitting in my friend. Probably go home and make it because hell yeah I need today. It's good pizza.
Speaker 1: Pizza.
Speaker 4: I like the breakfast one.
Speaker 1: That's that's.
Speaker 3: Lots of motss breakfast. Sorry, seventh half, I hadn't seen your breath.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding. I'm taking seventh halves over lots of mons. I haven't had seventh lots of mots. Breakfast pizza is one of my favorite.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 5: It don't get me wrong, it's good. I'm taking seven and a half every time, every time, every single time. Now, there are probably some other lots of manzas that I probably favor, but the breakfast pizza that that's legitimately my favorite frozen breakfast pea.
Speaker 3: Have you ever called up Keith's and they've got it as taken bake their breakfast pizza.
Speaker 4: I have never had keith pizza. I know that's it's it's it's it's on the list the summer.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's insane.
Speaker 3: Their breakfast pizza is amazing.
Speaker 1: I'll say that Casey's breakfast pizza overrated.
Speaker 4: The standard breakfast pizza.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're not gonna go wrong if you eat it.
Speaker 3: But holiday had Godfather's breakfast pizzas they changed them, they're not that good anymore.
Speaker 1: You sound so disappointed. It's so disappointed.
Speaker 3: I'm passionate about breakfast pizza.
Speaker 1: Did you bake one one time? Like, actually make some suscratches I have he would.
Speaker 4: A breakfast pizza. Oh yeah, yeah, I've done that.
Speaker 3: I smoked my own bacon.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have not done that and seen it. I bet it was really good.
Speaker 3: It's once you get your recipe dialed in. Buying store bought stuff just doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even I agree.
Speaker 4: There's some things I won't do it for anymore, like I won't like you know, the the I speaking of seventh alf So yeah, there it is seventh to this on the screen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, is literally my favorite breakfast pizza they got. I like there are other pizzas too, like they you can find them in a ships on a grocery.
Speaker 10: Store, especially down south up here there's only you can get at the gas it's okay, or like holiday here, but soon you get down to Villa.
Speaker 5: Have they been and Lukens though they were for a little bit, okay, So I do. I do remember seeing him in a grocery store.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, like like Longville Hack they have in their grocery stores.
Speaker 5: And then because all like you know, all get done with the hockey game. I haven't eaten out at all in the day and I'm not gonna go to a grocery stop swing Bicircle on the way home, grab a pizza and they're.
Speaker 1: On the oven.
Speaker 3: I'm old enough now, it's always going to be holiday.
Speaker 4: I know it's I gotta rewire the brain a little bit to start saying depending on where I'm at.
Speaker 1: So when I'm in Walker for work, it's holiday, but when I'm here it's okay. Yeah, the same thing, same company, same same people who run it. They've been bought. It's okay, bought holiday years years ago.
Speaker 3: They're actually a Canadian based company because when they started doing all the rebranding, rebrank, rebranded finally, people are like, what the hell it's a Canadian company. It's like, yeah, they bought it ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Justin said, if you you can't, if you can't find the red Baron made made a good Oh they made a good buffalo chicken pizza. Interesting Red Barren then, yeah, I haven't had good.
Speaker 3: Intrigued is uh what is it's? I think? Okay, they're chicken elfraid one.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yeah, the older I get, the more I like thing crust.
Speaker 3: But you can't go wrong with a pizza hut personal pan pizza though those are.
Speaker 4: Kids fat to order a personal pane.
Speaker 3: You go through Deer River. You stop at the Senex there because they got pizza Hut Express there to meat lovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott's been there quite a few times. It's like his normal stop.
Speaker 3: Well that's yeah. The kids like getting those pizzas on the way to my brother's house.
Speaker 1: It is kind of Disney. Good to your brother though, So I get that. Been there a few times. That that was it we had to take. That was the uh drive back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we dropped Stella off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, good times.
Speaker 3: God that drive.
Speaker 1: We have to go to Wabashaw next year. So the grump People Men Festival.
Speaker 3: Why does Abby you want to see you?
Speaker 1: She has a boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Oh the other one?
Speaker 1: The other one, that's what I was talking which the polka dancer or no, that would have been funny.
Speaker 3: I know you're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the queer style. Yeah, the cougar let's see here or she just quick little text anyways, Uh, yeah, it was it was a fun time. Look it looked like a lot of fun. Granted, like you talked about, it's a uh where you parked your stuff last year. Last year that's where they tell their activities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to have been able to park down there this year.
Speaker 1: It would have been a lot of fun. I would enjoy it a lot. But yeah, I could have done this weekend. But it was all right it.
Speaker 3: I had fun while we were there. It just it was a pain in the asshole and the fish house down and it was expensive as fuck.
Speaker 1: I think next year we just we get a hotel or we get like Airbnb to say we just split whoever, all four of us. Great, it'd be a lot easier. A lot fucking taxing on usespecially on your vehicle. I felt bad drive back, like fuck.
Speaker 3: So I have a twenty one foot ice castle. Yeah, and I had my old truck was a Toyota Tundra and with a lift kit in thirty four's And so we were going down to Wabshot last year, which by itself is like a six hour drive, right, but add on the back of that a seven thousand pound camper right driving into a headwind. I just watched my gas tinkle like this.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so I felt so bad, like this sucks. And of course we get there, we didn't eat, so we started drinking literally right We.
Speaker 3: Left at like noon and we didn't get the te eight. It was because then we hit rush hour in the cities because you have to drive through the cities and you're just Matt was Matt. They had to tear down the building that Matt puked on.
Speaker 1: It was going away.
Speaker 3: So we get down there. My girlfriend meets up there, and Bruce and his wife were there and a couple of Bruce's friends, and then Matt well, we get down there and Bruce is well on his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's gone three sheets and you guys.
Speaker 3: Got to play catch up. So Matt, myself and my girlfriend start drinking. And then they've got this pickle flavored vodka. It's not just there's two versions. There's a regular one and then there's a spicy pickle and some Jada said it was Krista, but I don't know. They're like, here, have this one. I was like, I don't want spicy, No, this is a regular spicy.
Speaker 1: That was such a bad one.
Speaker 3: And then it was dollar fireball shot later. So, needless to say, Matt very quickly caught up and then surpassed everybody, and it kept going. It gets to be closing time and the band's winding up and we're all turning around and we're like where the hell is Matt. And we look over against the far wall and Matt's buried face first into a green waste management garbage can yes ralphin with his felt cowboy hat on and his insulated jean jacket.
Speaker 1: I felt so cool that six year old lady thought I was the hottest thing nineteen.
Speaker 3: Eighty five Canadian tuxedo. Matt over there was looking on fire. And then so we go outside and we lose Matt again and we turn around and he's puking on the side of the this building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instantly, we went outside and got instantly hot. I went stage left. And then so.
Speaker 3: One of the organizers, who we're all like, yeah, we need to behave ourselves because we're here on official business.
Speaker 1: Yeah we are.
Speaker 3: And one of the organizers is hanging out with us as Matt's just fucking guts out. We're making a great first impression here. So she's like, she's like, where are you guys staying? Ats like, my fish house is back down at the parking lot at the park. Jump in my car, drop you guys off so you don't have to deal with this one.
Speaker 1: I got it nicely and I put my head down. The window was like, oh, I feels so good.
Speaker 3: So we get Matt back to the parking lot. He falls out of the car.
Speaker 1: I rick flared myself to the ground, and then.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend and Abby jump on top of Matt. We threw him in the snow bank, and then he finally just fully clothed, crawls into bed.
Speaker 1: He took my boots off because this is the fun out, great night. And then that was a great night.
Speaker 3: And then the next morning he goes on what became one of the show titles, A Long Walk to Quick Trip by himself. It was a.
Speaker 1: I had to because Scott was with his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: I felt weird. I gotta go.
Speaker 3: We weren't doing anything.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, okay, okay, First, while you were in there, we weren't doing anything. Pass I am done.
Speaker 3: While you were in the fish house, we were being purty.
Speaker 1: Allegedly. I've probably passed out because your generator ran out, which was perfect timing for me because I was on fire.
Speaker 3: Wearing a hooded sweatshirt and an insulated jean jacket with a blanket on him dying.
Speaker 1: Let's try to sweat it out.
Speaker 3: Quick Trip was like two blocks away, so he decided to go walk down there.
Speaker 1: And it was fun.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give my bro some time long walk to for a reason.
Speaker 4: He probably didn't need that long.
Speaker 3: Well, it probably took him that long just.
Speaker 4: To walk there. I did get some body armors, and like, you could have just made a trip to the end of the driveway and came back. Yeah, three second, three seconds done and it happens now five all R Good for you.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, what have we learned? That? It was.
Speaker 4: That hem produces four times the amount of oxygen his trees.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Then Matt went to Saskatchewan.
Speaker 1: I guess I did. I didn't know. And it pays to have a friend who's a therapist. Yeah, it's nice benefits. I learned that you guys can talk a shitload about hockey, Like literally the first segment or the first I got like four more hours to go. I bet you fucking due.
Speaker 3: All right, well, it's a sports show. We should talk sports. But it's like the entire time with just that, and it just naturally flowed.
Speaker 1: It didn naturally, you guys did really well. Hockey Todays Show's being brought to you.
Speaker 3: By the beautiful Nobbing Kettle Down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out on Friday and Saturday. Get some of the best prime river around.
Speaker 4: I'll be trying it this summer.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Austbin brought to you by Home Choice right here but Midgie. Get a hundred dollars off of your purchase. We use a promo code in store. Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 3: Also Soda Stick. Check them out at sodastick dot com. Clothing made by Minnesotan's for Minnesotans. Put in the promo code beer Belly and get fifteen percent off your order when you do.
Speaker 1: A'st being brought to you by Herbert and Gerbert's right here but Midgie. They've been They have a lot of catering stuff. A lot of good sandwiches are coming out as well too. To check them out there always changing new things, especially in the season and soups.
Speaker 4: Urban and Gerbertz is my go to elly meal place in Jie.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love the chatter Rockleysop too where by it Also that's chretder brockleysoop I've ever had, And I don't care if that one says about me.
Speaker 1: No, I love it because I bought it off of Linda before. So I get it.
Speaker 4: It is so good, it's my favorite. Blows Jamie Johns out of the wall.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, fuck him.
Speaker 3: Also, we were just talking about him. I gotta give it a shot now because I love breakfast pizza, Seventh Avenue pizza, pizza before pizza became trendy.
Speaker 1: All right, AUSO being brought to you by Paul Blending Communications. He's serving Themidgie and Grand Rapids area for a long time, but bidging fifty years and twenty five for Grand Rapids.
Speaker 3: And we didn't have a segment today, so we didn't get to spotlight them. But March Madness is coming, Matt, So who do we have as a segment sponsor for March Madness?
Speaker 1: Better Edge go to betteredge dot com or get the app. We get twenty dollars on us. We use that promo code BBS. Twenty dollars on us. Use that promo code BBS. Speaking of March Madness, Hi coming, We're gonna do. I think we do the worst Minnesota heartbreaks in sports. I thyd be fucking great. Now can we get thirty two of them? Probably easily easily? They expand a tournament you, Yeah, the committee needs to decide on what works.
Speaker 3: Do you need ideas for that one?
Speaker 1: Just text me I got I'm sure you'll look it up too. Sorry, the committee will look it up.
Speaker 4: The Frozen four or three months teams made it last won the title.
Speaker 1: That's probably one of my favorites. All right, well, thank you everybody listening. Think to the writer as producers, on site engineers and those all of us. And the words are red green and keep it stick on the ice? Gay bye.
Speaker 3: Hy can't they do numbers like that?
Speaker 1: We just did? Yeah, that's all you did.
Speaker 6: It wasn't very good after all, terrible.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Geffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality