Speaker 1: Get loyalty that loves you back with my CenTra.
Speaker 2: Download the my Center app.
Speaker 1: And get exclusive offers this week, like Celsia Selected Range four, Campac four Year a week selected nesle Ero Giant Blockbar one fifty each and Corus ten Campact only sixteen ninety six only.
Speaker 3: With the my CenTra app.
Speaker 1: CenTra Live every Day, enjoy a call Sensibly Dear.
Speaker 4: Resupplies a cast Classics. Carrie Jade Does Not Exist is a story of how one woman who took on over six different identities infiltrated the lives of vulnerable people and lied her way into gaining their trust.
Speaker 5: It's almost like she has his rare gift of being able to ascertain the exact hopes and dreams of a community. She offers them exactly that, and THENT just bails.
Speaker 4: This series tells a story of how Carrie Jade built up a picture perfect persona until she finally got tindled up in her own web of lives. Find out more about Carrie Jade Does Not Exist at acast dot Com. Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 2: Warning strange lights in the sky may be closer than they appear. This month's Where Did the Road Go? Is sponsored by the following awesome individuals, Greg Ross, Allison Cook, Super Inframan, thirty six Dingo, Yvonne Williams, and Michael FRISKEA thank you so much for helping make this show possible.
Speaker 6: Transmission start Welcome to Where Did the Road Go? Join us as we wander off the path and explore lost history, consciousness, the paranormal, unexplained mysteries, alternative thought, and much more. We are present on the web at where to Theroad Go dot com. Now Here is your host, Soriah.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Where Did the Road Go? And this week I have joining me Danielle Drake, and yes, your first time here, and you're going to be doing something that is applies locally to this show in the Ethica area. But you also have other stuff we're going to talk about, but do you want to talk about that first.
Speaker 7: My name is daniel Drake and I'm a visual multi media artist from Queens, New York. I was accepted to the Constant Saltonstall Artists Foundation for an artist.
Speaker 8: Residency in October this year. I will all of.
Speaker 7: My work generally is based off of unexplained phenomena, be it my own or people that come and talk to me or things that I agreed, and I will be doing a project that I pitched to them, making a series of artwork based off of local unexplained folklore, be it contemporary experiencer prescription or I was at the History Center in their archives for some of your local folklore. And it's been really interesting so far, and I'm really excited to get my handster.
Speaker 2: And you have collected stories from local people, and you did say Connecticut Hill has one of the highest amount of stories, So that's that's not surprising to me because the whole area is is just full of weird stuff, but Connecticut Hill seems to be a focal point.
Speaker 7: So I've found when you are collecting stories are speaking to people, especially in like a certain area of you know, a geographical area, you do get you know here in their stories and then they kind of drop off. But I've found for the Finger Lakes region, it's, uh, it doesn't stop. It's a bit more prevalent than I'm used to.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good, You've got plenty of stuff to work with.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I do, and explain to.
Speaker 2: People what this, what this is that you're going to be doing this residency sure.
Speaker 7: So in our US residency is basically there's a set amount of time that you can go to a physical location and either collaborate with other artists, or work academically with other artists.
Speaker 8: Or just work on your own practice.
Speaker 7: So when I applied to Saltonstall, I pitched this project and then I gave them, you know, examples of my own work.
Speaker 8: And thankfully, it seems that the tides are turning.
Speaker 7: People want to see more artwork and media about unexplained phenomena.
Speaker 8: It's it's in vogue right now.
Speaker 2: It's yeah. Well, I think over the last like three decades, may two and a half decades, it's become more and more acceptable, initially from reality shows like ghost Hunters and Ancient Aliens, and now because of like the whole disclosure movement. As much as I'm not particularly a fan of it, it definitely has made it more It's reduced the ridicule factor, so people a little more willing to talk about things. Yes, and how long have you been doing this type of thing?
Speaker 7: I've been paranormally inclined for my whole life, That's what I kind of call it. But I've been working in this regard since around twenty thirteen, working professionally.
Speaker 8: In an artist sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and also give people your website right up frontier so they can go check it out.
Speaker 7: Sure it is Daniel Drake dot com Drake d r A I K. And I'm also art of d Drake on most social media platforms.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, you have a link to I know, your Instagram on the website, and I feel like there's a couple others right Yeah. So as you've been collecting these stories, do you find any commonalities in this area.
Speaker 7: I've been getting a few triangle sidings, which I will say are my favorite personally.
Speaker 8: And a lot of orbs.
Speaker 7: Orbs are kind of a common sighting that you see, especially right now if we're looking at it kind of on like a timeline of what types of craft sightings you see. I think orbs are kind of the hot shape right now. But so I got a lot of orbs, I've got some triangles. I've been talking to a few sensitive people, so some people with mediumship qualities. There are a few hauntings, but mostly historical.
Speaker 8: That's really interesting.
Speaker 7: I have been in contact with the local Ithaca historian and she's given me a purported Haunted House.
Speaker 8: So that's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean, like I said, the whole Upstate area is just I mean, it's where Streamer had his experiences. It's where Mormonism started. It's not what were the sisters there in spirit that started spiritualism some some called.
Speaker 8: Some free love cults and the Oneida Silver Cult.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so it's I mean, there's so much stuff. The Seth material was channeled here, and it's Ethica in particular. There is a particular monastery there, and from what I understand, it's considered one of the most powerful spots on the planet. And judging from the number of things I've experienced here, I would say that's not surprising.
Speaker 8: But I really appreciate talk with me about.
Speaker 2: I also wonder how much of it is just how the area formed, you know, like a geological makeup that maybe adds to it.
Speaker 7: What would you say you think adds to it specifically like limestone or the glacial type.
Speaker 2: Of potentially the glacial type of stuff, but also the all the fault lines, you know, because they store electricity, and I think a lot of this stuff has to do with electricity in some way, shape or form. Just like you know, you're saying orbs. Like my thing forever has been like if someone sees a light in the house, they're like, oh, it's a ghost. They see it in the sky like, oh, it's aliens. They see it in the woods, they're like, oh, it's the fay, you know. And it's like, but all of it's lights. Lights are like one of the most common things you see in all of these phenomena. And I mean that's it's one of those things that when you take that and basically poltergeist phenomena and you find it across the board. So I think environmental stuff as well as cosmic stuff like whether or not we're being hit with solar activity or possibly you know, something from somewhere else in the galaxy or you know somewhere else in the galaxy or whatever, probably also has an effect of when this stuff happens. I only recently realized a whole batch of my experiences happened during some of the highest solar activity of the twentieth century.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: And I've noted it, but I didn't. I didn't really look into it. And then I looked into it, and I'm like, oh, this was actually really significant solar activity. So people will be able to come and see your artwork.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So on October eighteenth.
Speaker 7: We'll be having an open house and people can come to the foundation unless we're moving it off site. I don't think the venue is particularly clear it, but they'll be able to see the work that I've done. I will probably bring some older work too, and they'll be able.
Speaker 8: To talk to me there.
Speaker 2: How have people reacted in the past to the art work you've made of their experiences?
Speaker 7: Mostly good, okay, I for the most part, I've had people reach out to me rather than me reaching out to them.
Speaker 8: So this project and this foundation.
Speaker 7: The foundation is actually NISKA funded, which is the New York State Council for the Arts. So it's really nice that I'm being given an opportunity in order to pivot this kind of practice that I've been doing and kind of open up in sort of a legitimate or more legitimate way, rather than me just putting my artwork on the Internet and having people reach out to me saying, you know that they've seen similar thing.
Speaker 8: So generally good.
Speaker 7: I generally get you know, decent and interested people speaking with me. I have had some issues with folk, which is I guess part of the course of.
Speaker 8: Being you know, someone on the internet, so you know there is there is always that in the back of your mind. But for the most part, it's opened me up to a community of people that is it's great.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean specifically, like, if you've done art work about someone's experience, what is the general reaction you get from them when they see your art?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's generally very good.
Speaker 7: And you know, I don't I'm not extremely derivative either, Like I will do say a craft or something that somebody has seen, but you know, how many people have also seen that craft?
Speaker 8: But also how am I breaking it down in an.
Speaker 7: Artistic sense where this is a symbol that people gravitate towards and then potentially see. Uh, you know, the physicality of the experience is you know, left up to discussion. So generally it has been good and it opens up more conversations too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've had experiences of your own and you've you've done art on some of those.
Speaker 8: Uh, yes, here and there.
Speaker 7: I have definitely put in, uh silently, my own experiences into my work.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like that helps you like understand it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I feel like I feel that if I were coming at the topic from an outsider standpoint, not that that's not legitimate or anything, but I think people trust me more with their stories because I have my own stories.
Speaker 8: They they don't think I'm going to disregard them or scoff.
Speaker 2: At them, right right, Yeah, So what kind of experiences have you had?
Speaker 7: Well, like I've said, come from a paranormally inclined family, so my whole family has kind of had experiences throughout my whole life. And uh so I've lived in uh, pretty hot places and I've lived in places with no activity.
Speaker 8: So I've had, you know, some physical.
Speaker 7: Movement of things I've had. I've had apparitions that I've seen. I've also had you know, your your your light sightings, your shadow sightings.
Speaker 8: Uh and yeah, a coorts.
Speaker 7: I know you and I were talking about that, things that go missing for no explanation whatsoever.
Speaker 8: And it's not just because I'm forgetful.
Speaker 7: But uh, yeah, I've had I've had a strong gamut, but I will say I've had no UFO activity.
Speaker 2: The do you want to talk about the apports? Because I know that was pretty interesting, sure, and.
Speaker 8: It also had to deal with art too, So that was that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: So I I had a studio in a basement, and you know, other people had access to the area, but for no reason whatsoever would they be going through my things.
Speaker 8: So I had just.
Speaker 7: Purchased a material that I was very excited to use. I had saved up for it, I had been itching to use it for a while. So there was kind of an energetic feeling towards this, if we want to put.
Speaker 8: That factor into it.
Speaker 7: I had I had all my materials in a bag specifically that would zip up, and you know, this was it had a lot.
Speaker 8: Of expensive materials.
Speaker 7: So again nobody would be touching this, and as soon as I was ready to use it, it had vanished, and it had vanished for three years.
Speaker 8: I tore the place apart looking for it. And also.
Speaker 7: Eventually after the story ends, I want to say that if you open this material and use it, it drives out very quickly. So the shelf life of this when opened is very short.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So three years later I had opened up my bag and it was sitting right on top of the pile of paint and I had painted a lot, you know, during that three years, So that was interesting. It's also one of my favorite things to use. Now I have rebought it after I had used that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sort of impossible. Yeah, like it jumped forward in time.
Speaker 7: You know, It's It's not one of my most standout experiences, but it was definitely.
Speaker 8: It made no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 7: And I wonder what exactly would be the reasoning behind that, if there was any intelligence taking it away from me.
Speaker 8: Critic non human critic.
Speaker 2: I don't think I like what she's doing with this. I'm gonna throw it three years into the future. Fine, at least she got it back.
Speaker 7: At least I got it back. Yeah, I was very happy to have it back. But I was also very pissed.
Speaker 2: It's understandable. But I mean, like, I guess it's it's also better than someone had stolen it.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's very true.
Speaker 2: So so what are some of the more visceral things that have happened.
Speaker 7: Well, when I was a teenager, I lived in an apartment that was very active. It is the most active place I've ever lived in. Unbeknownst to me, when my family and I were moving into the place, the landlord had told us that there was activity and then told my parents they didn't share that with me because I had experiences in other places as well.
Speaker 8: I also want to preface that I have uh since the family.
Speaker 7: The family is paranormally inclined, we've always believed one another one we've seen or experienced something and tried to figure you're.
Speaker 8: Out if we could explain it, that's great. Yeah, I'm very lucky for that.
Speaker 7: So one of the more visceral experiences I've had doors swing open, latched doors, swing open, door knobs turned, cups moved in patterns that are impossible, and I some movement of objects have been seen by other people, so that is also validating you're not the only person seeing it. There was an apparition, Uh, there were voices, it was a it was a very active apartment.
Speaker 10: And it was interesting too that like when it happened, there was that feeling that a lot of people describe of you don't care, you know it's happening, You're you're seeing it happen.
Speaker 7: It is frightening, but you kind of kind of just rolls off of you. And I'm glad that that's how I approach this. Now, I now that I think that I'm doing work on it, and I wouldn't call it looking for it. I'm certainly not, you know, not looking for it. I think I think it doesn't want.
Speaker 2: To play well. It does tend what was it a little bit, just a little bit, It does tend to be a trickster. So you know, I don't know that most people's response is to let it slide off them. I mean, sorry, depending on what it is, like maybe a door opening. Yeah, but like a lot of people get really freaked out by this stuff, so that's kind.
Speaker 11: Of a little bit after I think the shock wears off, or what I've heard is that you have the sighting, especially like a craft sighting, and then you're like, oh okay, and then it hits you a little later on.
Speaker 2: Well, there's also those cases where people experience something, you know, like they wake up, they have an experience, and then they just go back to sleep. Yeah, And I know that's happened to me before, and it's it's weird because you think, how did I just go back to sleep? So that's yeah, that's always been been an odd thing. But I mean, I think people's responses to this stuff very I've seen people who have experienced stuff with me really lose lose it when stuff happens. You know, it's not even like shock. They're just out and out scared. My friend, my one friend used to say that if you ever saw me running from something, he'd be rubbing running double speed because to me, it just it happens. And I'm like, okay, especially especially now because I've had so much, none of it feels threatening.
Speaker 8: That's kind of well, how active.
Speaker 7: That place I've lived in was was a little you know, concerning, But nothing I've experienced has been threatening thus far.
Speaker 8: Knock on wood.
Speaker 2: And you said you've experienced shadow people.
Speaker 8: I've experienced shadows.
Speaker 7: When I was very young, I had a lot of shadows and that was kind of part of course for other family members.
Speaker 2: Okay. And you didn't get a bad feeling from that either, not necessarily, Okay, you don't see anything like that more recently.
Speaker 12: I live in a place now, so the last like three places SIZE have lived in have been dead quiet. But where I live now, being being in New Yorker, you move a lot, it seems like it's a bit uh.
Speaker 7: Things come and go, they don't, they don't hang around. I was seeing a lot of lots of lights and shadows and I'm gonna be honest. I was like, well, I'm getting older, so maybe my vision's kind of not great anymore. But I live across the hall from someone who's lived in the building their whole life. And without prompting, she was like. We were talking and she's like, you know, I'm a little witchy. And I was like, oh, yeah, what do you think this place is haunted? Able like, and she explained everything and she's like, now my daughter's seeing it too, and I was like, okay, cool, good to know.
Speaker 8: Good to know.
Speaker 2: Did she think it was haunted or just a weird spot.
Speaker 8: It's a weird.
Speaker 7: Spot, which is also I've had friends over who are sensitive and they feel the same way.
Speaker 8: It's kind of we call it the way station. I don't know why that is. There could be a multitude of reasons. Maybe the building.
Speaker 7: Is just covered in wire and electrical wires, and spectrum hasn't been spectrum Internet is just flying.
Speaker 8: Around everywhere, who knows.
Speaker 7: Could be just a huge Faraday cage, who knows. But yeah, it's odd. I've had some pretty sick, significant work sightings in there. But you know, what I always say is like, if you're not paying rent, get.
Speaker 8: Out of my arm.
Speaker 2: I encourage it. I wanted to do things.
Speaker 8: Is the paying rent.
Speaker 2: It didn't need to pay rent. It just has to you know, stuff or be helpful. Yes, So what other kind of experiences have you had?
Speaker 8: That's about kind of the full gamut. I mean I've had and I've done a project on some astral projection experiences that I've had.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: In my family, I come from a line of dowsers, so that's really interesting. Where originally from the Hudson Valley, So it's like Queen's in the Hudson Valley. And so my father's side is the sensitive side, and that is the family of dowsers and mediums and psychics. Then my grandmother also on my father's side, so his mother has had multiple near death experiences. There was I did a project of that, coupling it with you know what kind of trauma that does to the person and the family, and paranormal activity that happened after she had.
Speaker 8: For the final time.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, And I know you said you were you were looking into the Monroe Institute gateway stuff, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah. The concept of methods of meditation in order to contact entities is pretty interesting because it kind of brings the power back to the person for a multitude of reasons.
Speaker 7: So I also like looking at the Gateway process as kind of like a contemporary American occultism war type thing. I know, we have CE five too, which apparently people at the Monroe Institute have been also doing CE five, which I recently found out. But the concept is really interesting, and especially how Gateway was utilized for wartime or there was an attempt. I appreciate the appropriation of government funding into spooky projects.
Speaker 8: I very much appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Then, Uh also just kind of the seeking out, uh, you know, kind of hidden knowledge from an entity and making contact and usually you hit kind of a tricks or entity that's kind of like, I mean, that's folklore, like you know, you go looking for answers and you found them, don't go looking for them.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: But Robert Monroe contacted a very benevolent entity, so like we have the Gayway process, but later when you go into it, uh, E was channeling or one of one of his explorers was channeling a benevolent entity that helped him kind of set up all of the focus levels and it was a very helpful and benevolent entity. So that's interesting too. I really I really enjoy that as a story. But also as you know, people go to the mon Row Institute all the time and and with a resounding uh resounding success for them in whatever regard.
Speaker 8: Not to say that you know that's going to be like the story for everyone, of course, but it's it's just interesting.
Speaker 7: You don't really hear about people contacting benevolent entities without there being.
Speaker 8: Some sort of price.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I am practicing a little bit myself, not not too too much, but kind of been at the researcher standpoint, and also like looking at it as kind of this American cultural phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, have you had any success with it?
Speaker 7: I'm not looking to contact entities, but yes, generally, do you do notice some alterned states?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, and U see five stuff. I mean, I think anything anytime you're doing stuff like that, it has the potential to work. But I also see someone like, uh, who's the main guy who does it?
Speaker 3: Greer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greer. Greer almost comes across like a used car sales and I've seen that. Yeah, it's a lot, I've seen him, you know, be like every like the sky is basically a UFO when they're doing CE five and it's like, okay, well, I mean maybe that helps people believe and actually manifest these things, but also does he really think that or is he just trying to sell it like that?
Speaker 7: The comparison that I see with like, okay, so now we're looking at two, I would call them contemporary American occult practices.
Speaker 8: That's what this is. Like, it's a it's a.
Speaker 7: Deep trance like meditative process for you know, occult purposes. So you have the Gateway process, which is very will put in air quotes ritualistic, and you know, you go into it it kind of cleansing yourself, protecting yourself and then seeking answers and then CE five to me is like going outside with the flash like you're gonna fucking talk to me.
Speaker 8: So it's a bit hubristic.
Speaker 7: So uh, but you know what it gets results, So like you can't knock it.
Speaker 8: I cannot get a little bit. But yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 7: Very interesting and I am excited to explore it a little bit more from a kind of uh folklorics standpoint.
Speaker 2: What I forgot what I was going to ask it was something about the five.
Speaker 13: For Bridgid Christ the road to love was nuts, so straightforward, Pridgie.
Speaker 14: I forbid you from marrying that spendthrift you, Miles car What the devil.
Speaker 15: Is that I'm setting up an N fifty video account on my mobile cellular telephone, thus but curing a discount from the M fifty highway tower path.
Speaker 14: Very prudent, mister Carr. It seems I've misjudged you.
Speaker 13: EFO Presents Accounts on Accountability. Pay your toes automatically and get a discount with a free M fifty video tolling account at e flow dot Ie.
Speaker 4: A cast classics, Carrie Ja Does Not Exist is a story of how one woman who took on over six different identity the infiltrated the lives of vulnerable people and lied her way into gaining their trust.
Speaker 5: It's almost like she has this rare gift of being able to ascertain the exact hopes and dreams of a community. She offered them exactly that and then just bails.
Speaker 4: This series tells a story of how Carrie Jade built up a picture perfect persona until she finally got tindled up in her own web of lives. Find out more about Carrie j Does Not Exist at a cast dot com forward slash classics.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, when you say they're just you know, demanding, it kind of like the ghost Counters will go into a house and be like, show yourself, and then when something happens, they run away. You know, it's like demons, it's me boy. Well, clearly it's all demons. I mean that's the official stance at the moment.
Speaker 8: So there wasn't In Syracuse.
Speaker 7: There was a priest, a mon senior who as an exorcist, and you know, we don't have a lot of those, and he started, I think writing online or speaking that he was making the you know, alien demonic connection, and they took away his like I don't know if his exorcist license. I don't know what they told him. He couldn't do that anymore, which is that's I think it was Syracuse, but I mean that's not a it's not a and he was a Catholic priest too. You usually get that kind of weird, obscure kind of descent from Jesuits. In any case, Yeah, I'm I think it was in Syracuse. It was definitely in New York state.
Speaker 2: I'm vaguely familiar with that, but I don't remember any details. The thing that I think the thing with the aliens being demons is kind of structured off the hypnosis stuff that people like Bud Hopkins and them did, where they're treating these things like that they're coming in and they're you know, they're abducting people against their will, rather than this being a spiritual process with these things are trying to interact with people, and I think once you see it in a negative light, it's hard to see it any other way.
Speaker 7: I you know, in my camp, for whatever that's worth, Like, I have encountered people who have had tons of negative experiences, and then I've encountered the people that have positive experiences.
Speaker 8: And yeah, so.
Speaker 7: I can't fault someone who experiences trauma. I mean, anytime someone's talking to me about this, especially from a trauma standpoint.
Speaker 14: I.
Speaker 8: Believe them.
Speaker 7: I believe Yeah, it's I mean, and like I hate to say, but Bud and David Jacobs, as problematic as they are, I ate up their work and it was very interesting to me when I started really researching the phenomenon. But you know that being said, like what has that done to kind of look collective unconscious of the phenomenon in general?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm reiterating what you just said to me.
Speaker 2: It's it's put like blinders on it for one thing, you know, like we see it, Like I said, you know, we see lights in all this stuff. We see polticeist and activity and all this stuff. But you'll get like a UFO encounter and then a big foot encounter, and the people researching it are only interested in the thing they're researching and instead of being like, why are these two things happening at the same time.
Speaker 8: Now it's a holistic phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I had small town Monsters I can't remember his name, Adam On for one of his big Foot movies, and I said, so any UFO settings when this flap was happening, and he, you know, he was more of a flesh and blood guy, and he was very hesitant to admit that. Yeah, right across the road from the house that was getting most of the activity, a UFO came down, burned a circle into the yard. And I'm like, you don't think that's you think that's just a coincidence, you know. But I think most of this research, for most of its existence in modern you know, studies, has been very siloed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 7: And there are a lot of people who are like tried and true cryptozoologists and they do not like to mention the UFO. And you know that the umbrella of a lot of the sightings that were in kind of like along the I ninety five, uh, like in West Virginia, both Mothman and like flat Woods and then some other monster sidings like they do get lumped in like with the you know UFO and on that, and there were sightings of craft or you know UAP sidings during that time, and it's not really talked about that.
Speaker 8: It's a little ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean Mothman both Man had at all. Really I think, I mean one of my theories, which takes a while, I had did a whole show on it at one point, is that we know from SI research and labs that stuff can move backwards in time, especially emotionally charged of and I think that bridge collapse sent back a mass of sigh energy that caused some people to have dreams, you know, because they so pleasant, you know, things floating in the presence, floating in the river and stuff, and other people just had what amounted to poltergeist activity it's set off either it set off things for them or it pooled in an area that something else was able to take advantage of that energy, because you see it stop as soon as the bridge collapses, and so it's like if it's moving backwards and it's that strong and you already have you know, Keill used to say, these people are very psychically attuned to begin with. You know, I think that this was like basically it was this massive SiGe energy created by this trauma in the future. And it makes sense to all the research we know about as far as like science stuff goes. The doctor Bem who I think is still in Cornell when he did his the study that got called orn Predicts or Approves Psychic abilities or whatever, he was showing images of violence and pornography at random to people, regular people, and he would see a spike in their brain waves before the image was even chosen, only by fractions of a second. But these were just images. So the fact that they were picking up on it before they were shown the image and it was replicated and pure reviewed and everything else is significant because it's saying that these these strong emotional things are having I mean, they're they're they're being detectable in the past because the brain reacts to those images. So I think, you know, even something like a bansheet might be something that is projected backwards. It's trauma that goes backwards in time that the person picks up on but can't quite translate. So you get a giant moth I mean, because we know something like a mothman can't be a flesh and blood creature. I mean, realistically, you know a lot of these monsters, even Bigfoot, in a lot of areas, couldn't survive. Have you have you you've never had any encryptid sightings?
Speaker 7: Have you no perfect sightings? I wouldn't call Queen's.
Speaker 2: Squat, Yeah, but you've been out other places than Queens, I would say.
Speaker 7: I would say, if I were to see a weird monster in New York City, I would just be like.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's a guy in a costume. Yeah. We were going over a book that like listed where all the UFO sightings happened each year as a reported to move on. That was surprised how many UFO sightings New York City had. It was by far the highest in the I think Queens was one of the highest areas, and that's interesting to me because I would think with all the light pollution, it would be hard to spot a UFO.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The only one that I can recall off the top of my head was there was a siding in Chelsea, I think, and Chelsea Manhattan was in twenty thirteen, I believe, maybe maybe twenty eleven, but I didn't see that personally.
Speaker 8: I know that Long Island is pretty active.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've had friends to see things in Long Island on Long Island, but Queens, no, we have we have a significant amount of cemeteries in Queens in Brookland, but I would call them.
Speaker 2: More beautiful than Okay. So so when you say thin, what do you think is happening in these places?
Speaker 8: Like thin places?
Speaker 7: You know, I know there's that theory of what is it the thirty seventh parallel or like kind of lay lines.
Speaker 8: I know that there's, like.
Speaker 7: You said, fault lines or what's very in vogue right now, liminality. There there are some places where the gut the senses are heightened. Do I I know exactly what what happens in a thin place besides the body reacting and the mind reacting, the gut feeling that you get in some of these places is notable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I guess when I hear it feels different from the way you just described it.
Speaker 8: What's your what's your definition?
Speaker 2: If I hear than, I would say that it's a place where the world's touch more versus the way you described it, which is a place that makes us more sensitive. And I think I think your description is probably more accurate.
Speaker 7: I don't maybe maybe it peaks something in us, because I do kind of believe that we all have this sense. It's just you know, you gotta practice it or you gotta you know, listen to it.
Speaker 8: Then there are you.
Speaker 7: Gotta listen to your gut. And that goes for a lot of things, not just the paranormal.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So.
Speaker 7: I think when you open yourself to kind of I don't want to call it reading a room, but entering a space and letting your body tell.
Speaker 8: You how you feel, I think that's it.
Speaker 7: So when you enter this kind of in space, which worlds are touching, or dimensions are touching, or what have you, whatever, your inner sense will peak your animal, the animal of your body will will hone.
Speaker 8: In on it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's yeah, it's probably a little bit of both, yeah, because we don't I mean, we don't know where this stuff is coming from that we're witnessing. If it's if it's just something that our brain is projecting because it doesn't know what else to do with the information it's getting, Yeah, or if it's something that is normally invisible to us, or if it's something coming from somewhere outside of our reality.
Speaker 8: I think it's a little of all.
Speaker 2: Free probably yeah. Yeah, I'm always love the the the all of these are probably true type of camp. Like there's yeah, there's so much stuff. Like if you look at a ghost encounter and it's like, oh, it's a you know, spirit of a dead person, yeah, in some cases. In other cases it might be recording. Other cases, it might be a spirit masquerading as that. It might be something we've created because our belief in the place is and we get a weird vibe from it, and repeated people have now created a tulpa. So I think there's a lot there that we we just don't understand what we're capable of, much less what else is out there? Why why are you fascinated with the triangles?
Speaker 8: So my work is.
Speaker 7: It is all about kind of language and visual language and kind of the semiotics of how we can project a message through time and through culture, and how there there's kind of a unifying element to a lot of shapes and design elements and all anyway.
Speaker 8: The circle, the square in the triangle are basic.
Speaker 7: Design elements and they span their cross cultural and they spand time and they are so full with energy. This is sounding a little woop, but the circle is a beautiful shape. The circle is this active receiving portal, and the squares the rectangle is rounding, and the triangle is just this active, commanding, imposing shape. And these ideas are not you know, just coming from me and my my love of shape e spanning through through human species, through history. So now we you know there there's disc craft, there's orbs, there's rectangular craft, there's triangular craft. To see this imposing triangle in the sky, and especially with you know, this angular kind of phenomenon, it's it's imposing, it's beautiful, it's terrifying.
Speaker 8: And why if.
Speaker 7: This thing is intelligent, why is it choosing you know, one shape over another, and why do humans see the triangular craft?
Speaker 8: Uh? And it's it's fearful.
Speaker 7: It's fearful, and there's a lot of like a negative phenomena around it too. I really love the triangle as a shape, as a design concept, as as this imposing language, this figurehead. So I gravitate towards that more when I'm building out work. I have been getting more into the discs. I do find them very interesting. I've been reading. I've been reading more about Kenneth Arnald. Kenneth Arnold was the one of the first sightings of the disc, but what I recently found out is that he experienced hitchhiker effect him and his family after that for his whole life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. He also didn't see discs. He saw boomerangs.
Speaker 8: Why do we always see it as the disc then?
Speaker 2: So he just described the boomerangs as like this, like saucers, like like yep, like a socially eat off of skipping across the water, and so the newspapers then described it as a flying saucer, but they were actually boomerang shaped.
Speaker 7: So then that that, you know, then that permeates like what people are seeing, Yes, so that goes into the lower That's that's super interesting. And so anyway, just seeing an imposing shape in the sky is terrifying concept, mind breaking concept. It's an ontological shot. But yeah, so, yeah, triangles.
Speaker 2: Are great and I and I wonder how many of them are ours. That's always my issue. That's always my issue with triangles, and there's no way to know because we don't really know what we have. Have you found a lot of old encounters with with triangles when you've been looking for them?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I'm reading Triangular UFO is an Estimate of the Situation by.
Speaker 8: David Murler on book So.
Speaker 7: I recently joined the UFO book club. It's on Blue Sky through a user, the anomalist Jen and she's reviving the UFO book club that was apparently on Twitter back in the day. So every month we've been reading a new book, and man, this book is just knocking it out of the park. Yeah, David Marler, Okay, I would and I would say this is one of the best UFO books I've read in a long time. It's very like analytical, straightforward. Here's a bunch of experiences. And yes, there are a lot of historical experiences, so I think the earliest one is in the late forties. And then it's like fifty sixties, seventies and then kind of a boom, and it's there's a lot of American signings, but then there's a lot of UKs. There's I think some in France and I think some in the southern heavensphere, so he's collecting a ton of them. It's a really good book. I'm not through it with it yet, and we have our meeting on Sunday, and I gotta get through that because I want the book. But yeah, it's really good, and there are historical sightings, which is a.
Speaker 8: Treat to read about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of a lot of sightings where the triangle then appears as a rectangle, which is super cool. So it's like shape shifting as it is traveling throughout the sky and as people are witnessing it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to say that in the forties and fifties we probably didn't have these things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would think that was a new constant.
Speaker 2: I mean, unless there's a breakaway civilization out there, I'm going to say that our culture did not have these things. And yeah, that is a very primal symbol, the triangle, the circle square. I mean obviously very basic. There was a yep, going to try and remember a name, and so my brain won't give it to me because the other side of truth. Paul Kimball his idea was that the other is it's one singular thing, and that all these manifestations are just it's art project and it's basically putting on theater for us. I like the I like the concept. I don't know if it's right, but I definitely like the concept. I mean, this stuff really does speak in the same language that art does.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I think going at esoteric practices in the way that I'm doing, because like I am a researcher, this is very interesting, Like I have a background in this from childhood, but like I'm an artist and I'm trying to do this somewhat professionally where it allows me to.
Speaker 8: You know, do do the wu. I say that lovingly with my whole heart and soul.
Speaker 7: But what tangent that I just got off of looking at the phenomenon, especially because you have to flow what is Jeffrey Kreib will call it think impossibly.
Speaker 8: You have to kind of break.
Speaker 7: What you know in order to even conceive of something that like you have no kind of Rubert for it's just happening. And I think coming at it from an artistic standpoint, from a creative standpoint, and creativity is primal, So coming at it from like your your bare bones way of experiencing the world is it's a holistic practice, and I think it's a very important way to conceptualize this and then go forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's let's analytical more holistic. Because we got tons of data, the data doesn't really tell us much.
Speaker 8: And I'm not knocking data. The data is incredibly important.
Speaker 7: Absolutely we need Yeah, it needs to be a holistic practice and thankfully, like the artwork is allowing.
Speaker 8: Me to do that.
Speaker 2: It's also a lot about how, you know, people take these reports down, you know, regardless of what particular phenomena is, but they don't look to see like what effect did this have on the person long term? Yeah, you know, or what was going on in their life at the time. It's just oh, here's your report, okay, raw data, which is great, but now also you're leaving out the witness. Yeah, it was sorry, there's.
Speaker 7: Well that was kind of the concept of the area of school documentary, where they had all this data like John Mack collected all that data correct, like he goes wrong, and but the children left school, like families were torn up, Like it changed the trajectory of all of these people's lives, and like we need outside of the phenomenon proper, Like you have to focus on what this does to the human being and how the.
Speaker 8: Human beings mind processes all of it.
Speaker 7: And it's happening so often that it's neglectful to not focus on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, I'm trying to think of his name, because name. My brain does this with names. If I need to name, it won't give it to me, but it'll give it to me later Onbidden I understand Tyson, who took over for sake and who just put out his UFO book. I can't remember the rest of his name. He's the big media guy that everyone goes to for like astronomy and stuff. Part of his name is Tyson, and I can't remember the rest of it. Yes, thank you. So I was watching an interview with him and he was talking about how he doesn't care about witnesses because witnesses are unreliable. Memory is unreliable, perception is unreliable. He's like the witnesses. Therefore, he goes, I don't even think witnesses should be used in court cases. I think witnesses are useless in this stuff. And I'm thinking, you don't get it. It's all about the subjective experience. The Yeah, it was very materialistic. It's the this must be space aliens. So if it's space aliens, you know, we need heart. You know. He kept saying, well, show me the alien, and it's like, Okay, I I agree with the disclosure stuff. If you have something, show it because you've been you know, doing the character the string thing for a decade now, well longer than that to be fair. But like, when it comes down to someone's experience, it is what they experienced and what they got out of it, not whether or not you can physically prove that it was aliens. And again, this is where I think the hypnosis stuff does damage because it can create false memories and it can change the way the person views the experience from being an unknown to being necessarily something negative, especially if the researcher thinks it's something negative.
Speaker 7: I have a very complicated opinion on hypnosis, Like well, for compiling data and trying to get down to brass tacks like.
Speaker 8: It's incredibly problematic.
Speaker 7: But if someone isn't really looking for answers and they're just looking to get over the trauma, I think in a therapeutic.
Speaker 8: Sense, like I can't knock it because it help other people, but I you know, if it.
Speaker 2: Were Yeah, well, and that's the thing, like you can't take the data, you can't take it as data. If it lets you process the experience better, that's an entirely different thing, hopefully in a positive way instead of a negative way.
Speaker 7: But well, that also opens up some dialogue about psychedelic use and the experiences coming from psychedelic use.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. And I was just gonna say hypnosis is an aulted state of consciousness. There is. I think Brent Rains talks about it, and it might have been a juon keel thing initially. I just remember Brent talking about it in one of his books. Psychiatrists had hypnotized a UFO abductee and at some point they said, there's a UFO outside right now, and so they got up and went outside and there was a UFO over the building, and so like that's one of those things where you go, what, Okay, So did they connect with that thing. Like red Pill Junkie has suggested that maybe under hypnosis people aren't reliving an experience, but actually having the experience because there is an altered state of consciousness and depending on how good the psychotherapists or whatever, and it really shouldn't be done by just amateurs, honestly, we'll determine how well that goes for them. So we got to take a quick break. We'll be right back with Danielle quick midshow break.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 2: Contact info, which is Where Did the Roadgo? Dot Com for everything including becoming a Patreon for only three dollars a month and getting episodes weeks early commercial free with extra Patreon segments on almost every show and extra bonus stuff on top of all of that. And you can find all our social media there, discord everything Where did the Roadgo? Dot Com? And merch. I never mentioned the merch, but there is merch. There's T shirt designs from Timothy Renner and the late Jeff Ritzman all up there, as well as all kinds of other stuff you can get it on. As for a recommendation this week, I am going to go with a book called Fractal Noise and Fractal Noise is the prequel to a book I recommended before, which is To Sleep in a Sea of Stars. Now it's not as good as the original book. The first book, To Sleep and the See of Stars, is an epic, insanely big story, and I love it to death. This is sort of a different type of story. It's very focused, it's very bleak, and it seems like when I'm looking up what other people thought of it, they either loved it or hated it. There's not a lot in between. It's a as I said, it's a prequel. They referenced the events in this book in To Sleep in a See of Stars. And it's written by Christopher Paolini and it came out in twenty twenty three, and it's the second book in his fractoverse I guess it's going to be called and he's going to continue. I was a little upset that it didn't continue the story of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, because it weaves off for the next part and he is going to write that apparently. But yeah, this one, this one's dark. It's it's it's it's I thought it really good. I don't know if I should recommend it to people. Are not. But I'm going to say, if you like really dark sci fi, his mole, but with like that hinge of hope running through it, you know something deeper. You might like this book, but read the other one first. The other one To Sleep and to See the Stars, even though it's really long, is really really good. Actually I would have been fine with being longer. But this is you know, they find this this hole on this planet or moon, I can't remember which it is, and it's it's giving out these heavy bursts of electromagnetic and audio energy and it seems to have a fractal pattern to it. So they decide they're going to go down and check it out. And it's their trek to this hole because I can't land too close to it because the electromagnetic pulse will blow everything out, and they can't drop drones into it, et cetera, et cetera. So it's these four people trying to traverse this alien landscape, this barren landscape, to get to the edge of this hole just to find out what it is. And yeah, like I said, it's it's kind of dismal, but also a nice, nice string of hope going through it, So yeah, I thought it was good, all right. So that's my recommendation. Bracktal Noise by Christopher Paolini back to the show. And so in conclusion, you mean the world to me.
Speaker 14: My life changed forever when I met you, and I just want you to know.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 16: You get in touch with your tender side. Introducing KFC Tenders with a new Krispy cosine and nine new dips to savor. It'll be hard to resist falling in love Surrender to Tender at KFC.
Speaker 2: So you are listening to Where Did the Road Go? And I have with me Danielle Drake, and during the break I had mentioned I have tim Timothy Renner on probably next week, and he has a new book on basically the Fay phenomena not in Pennsylvania, which sounds kind of weird, but it was. His theory is that people bring their folklore with when they have these experiences they have. It's because they've brought that sort of mask of what they are, so they're not seeing them like the Native American people would see them. They're seeing them in their cultural narrative basically. And you had brought up the fact that, like Ireland and the Appalachians, at one point the mountain range was connected.
Speaker 7: Yeah when I don't know if this was Pangaea proper or one of the super continents, but the Appalachian Mountains and the mountain ranges in Ireland and Scotland are the same.
Speaker 8: And you know, if we're going.
Speaker 7: To Spitball, if the fay are tied to the land and they're you know, older than the trees when that split happened, what kind of cultural differences would have emerged from that movement and that displacement.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting. And I think a lot of this stuff is tied to I think, and I think we as well are tied to this planet. I think it's going you know, people are talking about going to Mars and I don't totally know if we can. I think we'll have.
Speaker 8: A perfectly good planet here.
Speaker 2: Well there's that too, But like I love the idea of exploring other planets. But I'm wondering, like how interconnected are we with this planet? Like if we get too far away from it, do we stop functioning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mars is not inhabitable. No, without some severe changes for us, the quality of life would be significantly reduced.
Speaker 2: Well, Like what I'm saying is like, are we is part of what we are part of the planet, and the faye or whatever this other stuff might be might also be a part of the planet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would be interesting to see how if they are timeless and you know, not bound to that kind of tot like you know, are linear time, how they would change with you know, however, they experience the passage of.
Speaker 8: What is time?
Speaker 2: That's a very good question. Time time. Time is a book, so you can hold it in your hand. It's all there. I mean, I think a video game is is a bet like an open world video game is a better example of that. Like you could you could have a drive with all of the data on it and it's but in order to go through that data and have it make any kind of sense, you have to experience it sequentially, and that's time. I also like that Seth the Seth material says time moves at the speed that we process our reality.
Speaker 7: That makes a lot of sense because there are time dilations in altered states and.
Speaker 2: Consciousness, right, and also just in basic consciousness. When you're really busy, time flies. When you're sitting around waiting, time crawls, So it's almost like the processor speed of your brain is how fast time moves and altered states are kind of like you know, like supercharging it. Now. One of the things you mentioned with your artwork to me was that it's exhausting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well art work, Yeah, art work is exhausting. Having navigating the intricacies of our capitalist society while doing an artistic practice is very pretty exhausting.
Speaker 8: It's but but it's a it's a process.
Speaker 7: It's it's like I do call doing a creative endeavor, like the great work and focusing on the unknown is the great work. Yeah, cobbling and shifting things together is a chemical practice. But yeah, it can be very exhausting, but it's it's beautiful, it's fun. You have to have fun with the work that you're doing. It is a job, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's work, but it's fun, right, right, But you're also talking about the after effects.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like when you make when when the way I see it is I kind of have a chaos magic lens on making artwork, Like you get into this this people call it the flow state, or like you try to push towards exaltion, and exaltion leads to nosis, which you know it's knowledge, and then this kind of transmuting and conquering this project that you're doing, or you know, the many abstract concepts that you're putting together, Like you go to nosis and and what do you do postnosis? I think that's everyone tries to just kind of view and reach exaltion and and the final point. But what happens afterwards is an interesting concept.
Speaker 2: I think, So, how do you usually feel once you've gotten a project done? Does it? Does it change you?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: But once a project is done, I kind of let it be on its own, like it's its own own entity of sorts, like uh, And I'm wondering if I'm kind of mentioning this because I do.
Speaker 8: I do wheel and deal and entity, but it's its.
Speaker 7: Own, it has its energy, and I think I kind of just let it be at that point. I'm not stranger to like revisiting a concept or reworking and they're letting it stagnate for a while. But I do think that artwork, when labored over intensely, is its own. It has its own objechood of intense energy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense, especially especially a piece of art.
Speaker 7: I also, I mean, I don't just paint, but I do include a lot of mirrors in my work, and I do do mirror meditation, so.
Speaker 8: These are I do.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of heavy handed in that kind of like transference of energy.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, like mirrors or regular mirrors, regular mirrors.
Speaker 8: But I do have some black mirrors.
Speaker 7: I do have some like very silver mirrors that I use for practice alone.
Speaker 8: Like I don't meat on them or I don't, you know, use them in my artwork. But uh, it's a little kitsch.
Speaker 7: Like I I do use a lot of like like litter or color changing things, so I like different materials and things that kind of shift and move.
Speaker 8: Like it's very very heavy and intentions very It's very kitschy.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, But I know one of the things I wanted to get to before we run out of time is some of the folklore you've collected from this area. Yeah, you said a lot of it's haunted houses.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So outside of like what people have told me, which I kind of keep in confidence less they're overtly saying that I can talk about. So when I went to I went to the history center in like the Ethica comments area, and they were so kind to me and I was able to have anything on folklore pulled for me from their art tives. I spent three hours just kind of pouring over it. I wish I had more time, But the drive from Queens to.
Speaker 8: Anthica is it's a bit of a like but.
Speaker 7: So it's mostly you know, it was a lot of like there are some stories about Yuka cants. There's old Native American about the land and the water, and and there are areas in which are haunted, like older houses, which really interesting and reading that, and and then there were also like, you know, this is uh, this is a house for all the smugglarious live and whatnot. So I did get kind of a broader picture of older Ithaca and.
Speaker 8: Older Tomkins County, which was really interesting.
Speaker 7: My favorite one though was, uh, there was a giant that was unearthed in on a road that took up and what it was.
Speaker 8: Was a gaff.
Speaker 7: They this man opened up hotel and wanted to bring tourism to his hotel and he's like, how do I do this?
Speaker 8: So he makes this giant. He like he got iron ore butcher house, blood like pigs, blood.
Speaker 7: Phosphorus, some eggs and he made like he just like put it all together and he makes this giant. So it's and how it was described, it was just like the carving of a guy with really big feet, and it was just like a six to two guy, Like it wasn't really it wasn't like he was like eight feet or anything. It was just like a bigger guy with big feet. And so they were digging up the road to pay it so like more you know, traffic could come in. And so he calls up his friends and they help him bury this thing under the root of a tree, and like a couple of days later, like when they're doing roadwork, they like dig this thing up and they're.
Speaker 8: Like, oh my god, it's a giant and it works. Like people are coming to this hotel.
Speaker 7: Like everyone's like, oh my god, it is a giant, Like this is amazing, Like this.
Speaker 8: Is so wow.
Speaker 7: And then one of his friends that helped him bury it, like a couple of months later, gets drunk at a bar and it's.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, that was all fake, so ruined.
Speaker 7: But that's also like the hodag in Wisconsin with the gaff or fake siting. There there have been a lot of like American folklore like you make a you make a fake siting to draw.
Speaker 8: Up tourism to your area, right, and you.
Speaker 7: Know what, I'll eat it up too. I love that stuff, like I am sad that at stake, But you know, it's still kind of in the local folklore. People love the whole dag. Yeah, so we could have had the Ethica Giant.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are there are Native American legends of giants in this area, and as far as I know, they did dig up a bunch of giants, especially headed out towards Ohio. That's I mean. But that stuff's all over the US.
Speaker 7: Honestly, there's there's like a the what is it The Nephilin are having a kind of a comeback right now, especially with like the internet star seed movement. We're talking about like what was the alien type of speechies that was tied to the Nephelin or something.
Speaker 8: I'm forgetting.
Speaker 7: I'm not I'm actually I'm not very privy on star seed folklore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not me either.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there was there was a really good article that I read about it and kind of the examination of kind of internet.
Speaker 8: Kind of the how do I say.
Speaker 7: It, the New Age movement in the Internet age, like two day in the in the mid twenty twenties, and you know the star Seeds, but the star Seed movement obviously didn't start recently.
Speaker 2: That was this is the star seed the people who think they're not human.
Speaker 7: They are are human, but they're reincarnated so that they were not human.
Speaker 2: In Okay, Okay.
Speaker 8: And I think that comes from like the Indigo Children of.
Speaker 2: The Apes, right, Yeah, Jenny Randalls wrote a book I think called star Children or whatever. That's great, and that was basically what it was. Whether or not this makes any sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's like there's there's a few popular air quotes again interdimensional species that are seeing a rise right now, and and one of them is like a giant type that had.
Speaker 8: Had its hands in the creation of humans all.
Speaker 7: Actually again, I'm just stick falling off the top of my head from like what I know.
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, yep, giants. Wow, you mentioned that big guys.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the Yuga canons and that I wasn't familiar with. I'm very familiar with the Senemic cannons. I didn't realize that the booms were heard in Kyuga too.
Speaker 7: So I because I was talking to Jim of the Seneca Lakes podcast when I first was told about like my acceptance of this project and so he mentioned to the booms at Seneca Lake. But when I put out my first call of like, hey, does anyone see anything in Ithaca, I heard about the Kyabac cannons. And there was also people being like, they don't happen in Cayuga Lake, and people were like, yes they did.
Speaker 8: And I think Cornell even looked into it too. But there is a so there's a legend that.
Speaker 7: It's a Native American legend that there was a woman who really liked Uh, like was you know, fawning over a warrior, and he did not like her. He was rejecting her advances. And when she got old and ugly, what it said is that he pushed her off like a cliff and into the lake and killed her. And the great spirit took said that she had suffered enough, and so she was a spirit of the lake and as over over time she fashioned a hammer to cause cause that noise to knock people into the lake, and you know, and she was kind of a beneful spirit.
Speaker 8: So that's the story that I read about that a couple of times in the In New York.
Speaker 7: There there were a few like jilted lover Uh folklore stories where like a woman becomes the spirit of a tree or they're like in linked So that was interesting.
Speaker 8: But yeah, that's uh, the cannon's I.
Speaker 7: Didn't I didn't hear the cannons when I was up there, but I've been told that they're there.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it's gas pockets in the lake, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say. Yeah, I've honestly never heard about them in Kyu. Guy, I've heard about them in Seneca. I don't think i've ever heard them. I mean, there's been a couple of things where I'm like, well, that could have been. But you know, there's so much stuff around now, it's hard to say what's making noise. They used to be used to be a military based north of here, and I remember being home and they I guess they were doing testing of ammunition and stuff, and it was shaking the house. It sounded like there was someone upstairs in my house. And it turned out it was just them doing ammunition's test. So, you know, like it's hard to say, you know, in this day and age, what's what? You know, plenty of things can make loud booms. I did have, Man, it was like twenty nineteen. There was a boom so loud it shook the whole house, knocked plastered down from the ceiling, vibrated all the windows. I just assumed it was something like a meteorite blowing up in the air, but I mean it was. It was dramatic. It sounded like half my house collapsed.
Speaker 8: Did you look.
Speaker 2: At the time. I did, and I didn't see anything, and I didn't see any other reports of it. I mean, I have it on my cameras. I mean it it is visible and not only audible, but visible because you can see the plaster falling off the ceiling, like just bits of it kind of trickling down. Unfortunately, I only had a couple of cameras, but even the camera I had outside of my studio, the window shook so violently that like everything just vibrates because it was right up against the window. But I don't know if that counts as cannons or not. As far as gas pockets, I mean, it's certainly a possibility. I don't think anyone's proved there are the gas pockets to do it or not. There's And I mean how the lakes were formed too. I mean, they'll tell you that they were carved out by glaciers, but Randall Carlson, who's actually doing a tour in August September of the Finger Lakes in western New York, showing that this was actually that the lakes were actually carved out by meltwater, not ice, And there's hundreds of feet of sediment at the bottom of the lake from it as well. So I don't know, you know, like, I don't think anyone really These lakes are so deep despite being so thin, and they are very unw usual structure in the landscape, and they do look like fingers.
Speaker 8: They're very unusual looking and.
Speaker 2: For some reason. And even Watkins Glen at the bottom of Seneca Lake has some weird stuff to do it too, But I think that seems a lot weirder than then than Watkins.
Speaker 7: I spent some time near Walkins. I also spend some time in the Adirondacks. The whole of the state is just its teeming activity.
Speaker 2: So when when you do art about this stuff, do you feel like it's a now chemical process?
Speaker 7: You know, well, there is a transmutation type of thing, and like you know, when you look at the chemical process, like uh, subjectively, uh, theoretically, yeah, there is a changing uh, there is a changing from raw material to a finer material to the great.
Speaker 8: I would call it godhood, the.
Speaker 7: Purple, the end, the end point, because yeah, there's it is a spiritual transmutation.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, Okay have you not thought about it like that before?
Speaker 7: To verbalize it is is a bit difficult because you know you will person you want to go through colors like black, red into yellow, which is that's kind of how how.
Speaker 8: The stages go. But the refinement of the energy.
Speaker 7: And the practice of yeah, it is chemical process creation of a large, complicated project is a transmutation.
Speaker 2: So let me give you an impossible question. Boy, what do you think this stuff is?
Speaker 8: It is something we exist with? Okay, yeah, that's it is something we exist with. It's part of our reality. That's that's your answer.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, that's fair. Have you had any weird experiences with psychedelics?
Speaker 8: No comment?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, We've talked about that those type of things a lot on this show. That's that's the psychedelic angle was very interesting because I've had.
Speaker 8: I've had psychedelic experiences. Have I talked to any entities?
Speaker 7: No, I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, have I have?
Speaker 7: I blessed myself into other realms, yes, and and but.
Speaker 8: You know, okay, so I do. I am currently completely off of breything right now, But.
Speaker 7: I do think using psychedelics therapeutically teaches you about how your brain processes thing, and it gives you a bit of experience into how your body works and how your body. You get in a in tune with how the brain and body connection works a little bit better. Would I any sort of weird phenomenon that I would see in an altered state like that, I wouldn't regard as something that I would bring up in kind of like.
Speaker 8: An experience or discussion.
Speaker 7: I've imvibed in something, and that's that's the way it is. If we're talking about commonalities in a psychedelic experience.
Speaker 8: Then that can come up.
Speaker 7: But like, no, I'm not going to be like, you know, I saw a thing outside and I am completely earnestly and honestly saying that it was there.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Say that right Well, sure, yeah, but.
Speaker 7: I do think therapeutic psychedelics are very helpful for a lot of people, even if just learning about brain body.
Speaker 2: I can't remember who it was that had the UFO experience. He and someone else were on LSD or whatever and they both saw the same UFO. That's interesting, and it was someone famous, but I can't remember who it was. I mean, it's very possible that that psychedelics are just allowing us to pick up more of what's in the environment around us. Absolutely, because it is changing the way your brain works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's a transl like state where you can you can kind of kin it to a translate state.
Speaker 2: And I also think that the like even with stuff that I mean, any of this stuff, even if it turns out to be paradolia, is still telling you something about how your brain is working.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I don't get paradolia in an altered state like that, But when I'm completely exhausted, like I've gone moose to forty eight hours without sleep, I get paradolia very hard. And so to know that indicator and to know what my brain is gravitating towards because it knows that I'm unsafe. So like you know, I'm in an altered state. I'm unsafe. So I'm trying to look for threats or something like I'm seeing XYZ Like that's interesting. What does my brain gravitate towards in that kind of regard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it's also like it's a way of your paradolia, is a way of your subconscious to kind of like talk to you you know it, or at least tell you what kind of state it's in in a sense, you know, like all of this stuff become symbolic and artistic because that's the language. Use it, the same language that magic uses. We are almost out of time, and tell people again what your website is Daniel.
Speaker 8: Drink dot com.
Speaker 2: And it's d r ai K yes uh.
Speaker 7: And my social media handle in pretty much every place is art of d Drake and that's also d r a I K. I'm mostly on Instagram and Bluesky and I'm currently trying to work on a web one point zero website, so.
Speaker 8: That'll be.
Speaker 2: And your your residency is where and when?
Speaker 8: It is at the Constance Saltan Stall Foundation for the Arts in Ithaca, the outside of Ithaca, and it will be in the month of October, so the open house will be on the eighteen.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you for joining me with this, thank you.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me, and thanks for talking to me.
Speaker 2: About I want to take a couple of minutes here to thank all of my patreons, and a special chef out to those of you pledging ten dollars or more. Greg Ross, Cherry, Trapezoid tactical Therapist, John Blackburn, Mark Smith, Madeline j Marty Garza, Critter eighty, Alison Cook, super Inframan thirty six, Dingo, Sean Cosgrove, Matthew Sproll, Ruth Fortescue, Andrew Nichols, John Schretler, Marth Arthur, Christine, Stuart Began, Rothman, Brenn, Mark Brady, Patricia Guya, Quinta, Kevin Shrek, Lynz Jackson, Kay, Charles in Florida, Land of the Crazy and Communicable, Charles Davis, Kristin, l Jotto, Riker and Stark, Abby Allen Wright, Rectangle, Eric Citron, Kevin American Rambler, Sam Charon, thunder Boy, Eric Todd, An Watowski, Vincent Trewell, Will Powell, Jay empty K, History and Coffee, Diane b Joe Bowling, Beverly Williamson, Jim and Sophie, Victoria, John Bracken, All, j Jeffres Moon Baby, Janet's Planet, Ron Duprey, Laser Printer, jam mj Armstrong, Jack Huntington, Lauren McClain, Stacy Sherwood, James, Lindsay Linda from Michigan Billuminati, Strange Stories with The Seeker and Skeptic Podcast, Mark Shoemaker, Ron Duprey, Will Cherry, Calm Early Ritual, The Ghost Story Guys, Tyler Glimstead, Liam Hoodoc Harrol Ery, z Anna, Annabelle Smith, Caroline Walker, TDT Skunkworks, Craig Sagastumi, Collin Carris and Matthew Brown. Thank you all so very much. This show would not be what it is without your support. If you enjoyed that conversation, There's more in a Patreon segment, and you can become a Patreon for only three dollars a month at where didthroadgo dot com and it helps us out greatly, as does leaving reviews, good reviews and ratings wherever you're listening to this show. All right, I want to welcome a few new patrons, Lindsay Horton, Grimm, Dave Baxter again, Scrapbot thirteen and mister Universe. So welcome everyone. I hope you enjoy all the extra content. Next week I have Timothy Renner joining me to talk about his latest book about fay activity in Pennsylvania, which is a fascinating conversation as it always is with Tim. And I think the last time I talked to about the book, I don't remember if it was last week's show or not. I said August. It's probably gonna be closer to September, I am. I have Suzanne Chancellor who kindly offered to edit it for me, So she's going through just making some corrections and making it basically perfect, this perfect as it could possibly be. So I might push it back a little bit, but I'm still hoping to get it out before Alba Twitch, which is in October. All right, to take you out tonight, we're going to hear a band called a Nabasis. They were from Syracuse. I hear whispers they might be doing some more stuff, which would be great because they only did this one CD. It's called Conviction and it's progressive metal. And this is a song called until the Dust Clears. I'll see you next timeh.
Speaker 13: Sorry, Yeah, guys, right, you got.
Speaker 17: Yell out right now, have long aside this long last.
Speaker 7: You're lost, stop.
Speaker 3: Where you are water you have as reality.
Speaker 7: This is a place.
Speaker 17: I can't expected my swag, so so Sar shut off my voice. Jack turned to ESO dry flowing myself.
Speaker 3: At as I think I got don album.
Speaker 7: No, you have to gloat out light our what you have to yall die. We swung kind of size.
Speaker 8: Joe loses stupes where.
Speaker 3: You are now water grab s.
Speaker 17: It's hard time of godlaw re Florcise, never signed laws.
Speaker 8: A hard time of godlaw florcised.
Speaker 14: Never a.
Speaker 3: Reality.
Speaker 5: He is a face came real.
Speaker 3: I can't express came I can't expect.
Speaker 8: This bray.
Speaker 2: You have been listening to Where Did the Road Go?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: This show has brought you, in part by our patreons. You can find more at www dot Where did the Road Go? Dot com website designed by John Shooter from the strophe, The intro for the show was reimagined by Andrew Hamm a k A Lord Happiness on Spotify, and the voice is Psyche comire of Psyche Corporation. Artwork for the show resigned by Timothy Renner, Jeff Ritzman, and Nadim Mahi Bahi. General inquiries, comments, et cetera can be directed to contact at Where Did the Road Go? Dot com dot com list. Thank you all for listening and for all the support. Www dot Where did the road go dot com.
Speaker 13: For Bridget Christ The road to love was not so straightforward, Pridge.
Speaker 14: I forbid you from marrying. That's spendrift, you, Miles cor What the.
Speaker 15: Devil is that I'm setting up an N fifty video account on my mobile cellular telephone, thus but curing a discount on the M fifty highwaytoer Path.
Speaker 14: Very prudent, mister Carr. It seems I've misjudged you.
Speaker 13: EFO presents accounts on accountability. Pay your toes automatically and get a discount with a free N fifty video tolling account at eFlow dot ie.